Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Wal-Mart Oil and Lube
3.44/5

Wal-Mart Tire & Lube

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

967 Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 13, 2019

I took my car into a Walmart automotive to get oil in it. I was new in town and usually went to Jiffy Lube, but this time I hurriedly took it to the nearest place as I didn't know where Jiffy was. This was about March 1st, 2019. After I left I drove about 8 blocks to my cousin’s home. When I got out of her place an hr later, my front passenger tire had no air. I panicked because I don't have insurance that allows me to tow the car and I didn't have triple A, and so I was stuck. I didn't know anyone around to help me put my donut on. So against my better judgement it was 5:45 pm and I knew there was a tire shop 5 blocks away, so I drove with this flat tire. When I got there, they were very kind. They put it in water. It was a very good tire and so I hadn't damaged it much and the wheel seemed okay I drove slowly in rush hour traffic. There was no nail in it.

I have special tire plugs that are colored and if they go orange it means air is low, so the mechanic said, they didn't put the whatever it is called, plug, on the tire well enough and it pressed down on it and it caused you to lose air. I called Walmart and spoke to a manager and he insisted that he had 12 cameras and would look for mischief, and that it was a big thing to say a tech had purposely done that. He never offered me anything and then said Walmart insurance would receive contact from him. I don't know what that means, but I do that when I got 2 new tired 2 yrs ago. The same thing happened the plug wasn't put on correctly and I ran out of air.

My son bought these to help but it's a nuisance. I am glad I didn't wreck my tire driving on it being flat. I was just livid that the manager didn't understand, and I know I'll never hear from them. I can't prove that someone was in a hurry and put the thing on crooked, but that's what can happen with these. They are sensitive and push the air out if they aren't put on correctly. I thought he would give me a discount and so, I'll never go back there. When my daughter got her new tires at Walmart the techs didn't put the Pontiac thing that goes on each wheel in the center back, good grief. That's why I like Jiffy. They are so precise and they are small and they don't forget things like Walmart does.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I went in for a oil change and a tire rotation and they said it would take about 45 minutes. After 2 hours I went to check on it. It was outside but they said they had to do something to it outside so I waited another hour. So I went out and asked the mechanic if it was almost done and he said that he forgot to give the keys back. I specified to check the air in my tires and especially the front right because it was losing air and it was at 23. After I left on the way home I looked at my tire pressure and my front right tire was exactly the same reading as it was before I took the car in.

I took the car back and talked to the mechanic and told him that my tires was not rotated. He said that he did rotate them but I told him the reading was still the same and he said That he checked them and they were all at 40. So he started putting air in the front right tire while I went in the car to check my tire pressure again and it went up to 40 and he told me that it was always at 40. But I saw him put more air in it. Then he told me he switched the front right with the rear right tire and that to check it from now on because it would be the one that would lose the air.

So when I left there all the tires were at 40 but the front right tire slowly went down over the next few weeks and now it is down to 29. The other tires are staying up at 39 and 40. I'm not even sure if he even did the oil change. He was the only mechanic there because they were closing. I'm afraid to take the car back there because I no longer trust them and they are not credible! I have been a loyal customer at Walmart for many years and I'm very disappointed! I would have gave a 0 star but that wasn't a option.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I ordered 4 tires for my car that stated they could be picked up later that day. The next day I received an email stating that I could pick up 3 tires. The 4th tire wasn't available until the 20th. I cancelled the order that was never picked up and realized that my card had been charged. I called customer service and was told I would be issued a refund. I saw a refund issued for 1 tire. I called again and was told the full refund would be issued within 5 days five days came and went called again and was not able to get clear answer as to why I hadn't been issued a refund.

The customer service representative put me on with a so called supervisor name Julie who now states the order had to be cancelled at the store and she would call me back when she cancelled the order. I get a voicemail the next day stating that she still wasn't able to speak with anyone in the store but she was going to cancel the order and issue me a refund. I get an email stating that it would take 2 billing cycles for my money to be refunded and that they were giving me a 20.00 e card for my troubles. I will never shop Walmart.com again. This is the 2nd time I've had problems with this service.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I drive a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited sport with a 3 inch lift and 17x10 rims. I bought 5 new tires from Walmart.com and had them shipped to my house. I drove my jeep 30 miles with a trailer and the new tires to the nearest Walmart with a tire center. When I got there I explained that the jeep was lifted and the tires were oversized asking if there was a waiver to sign. The tech said it was no problem. Two hours later they called me to the desk and said that they weren't going to put them on because they were 5 sizes bigger than what was on it. The tires on the jeep were 31.1 inches and the new tires are 33.8 inches. That's 2.7 inches bigger than the stock tire on a lifted jeep. Also I asked if I went home and put my trail rims and tires on if they could put them on those rims after they take the 37x14.50 boggers off of them. They said yes that was fine, no to tires 2.7 inches too big and yes to tires 3.8 bigger than that, lol!! I'm done with them.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I came here to get new tires put on my car and they messed something up. Mistakes happen, no big deal. I took the car back and they told me it would be a 4 hour wait. I wasn’t made a priority at all. The manager asked me to come back in 2 days at 7 am to fix the issue. I came back and was told yet again that it would be a 2 hour wait. The staff was extremely rude and on several occasions rolled their eyes at me. It seems like if you mess something up you’d try real hard to fix the problem and they didn’t. I won’t be back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I take my Toyota FJ Cruiser to Walmart EXCLUSIVELY for the premium oil changes every 3000 miles or so. I took it in March. I started hearing a Chuga chuga noise from the rear 2 weeks or so after. I then took it in May and on the receipt was printed [TRANSFER CASE PLUG WAS ONLY HAND TIGHTENED]. I asked the kid that helped me if it was low and he said YES it had been leaking. He said they added more oil. I told him that they are the only people who touches my vehicle and that I have the receipt from 2 months earlier that proves that they did the last oil change. And from all the other previous oil changes. The noise started to get really loud so I took it to a mechanic and they said the gears and bearings in the transfer case were damaged. They took it apart and showed me all the pitting and chunks missing from the gear. I had it rebuilt and fixed. It was not cheap, and I had to rent a vehicle for work.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Let first say I have a 4 year automotive degree, ASE Master, attended 50+ factory training centers, worked in dealerships, managed franchise auto repair centers, owned several repair facilities and have 25+ years auto experience and have NEVER seen such a joke as this place! 1st, on 2 occasions I have waited 3 hours for oil changes when only 2 were in front of me. I've had the free included tire rotation which they messed up as I always mark my tires.

I've had the balance service which I had to take back 4 times until I stood by the bay and watched them actually do it. I purchased tires with road hazard and had a blowout. 2 techs and manager tried to convince me they didn’t carry my tire... Then when I showed receipt, said, “Uhhh yeah we might have it but your tire is worn out...” They be sure my tire on furthest outside edge however it was still 11/32+ but tried to convince me otherwise. Then told me they were out of stock, but I saw it showed 6. THEN told me they may not even be able to find it.

Ok, I know I interrupted their circle jerk and time on their cell phones but do your damn job!!! These are the laziest worthless people I've ever met anywhere. If properly managed with quality people this place could do tons of business but instead of seeing my oil sticker or wiper blades and up selling me they do barely enough to get by and back to hanging out eating the clock. I've called and written Walmart corporate with no resolve. SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE. PAY DOUBLE IF YOU MUST AND GO ELSEWHERE.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I have been a mechanic for over 15 years and have replaced thousands of tires including damaging wheels in the exact same manner as mine were damaged by Walmart, I actually worked at this same exact tire/lube center when I was younger. It's obvious that they did not know what they were doing just in the fact that they improperly balanced my wheels. Lying about balancing them which was very noticeable by the fact that I had the original wheel weights painted black and new weights are silver/galvanized so I was able to easily tell that they weren't balanced.

I also want to point out that I noticed that they had mounted the tires in the wrong direction of travel as the tires have a specific rotation per side. My wheels were reconditioned due to curb rash at time of vehicle purchase and if you look at pictures of damage there is zero curb rash, only gouges made by tire machine during installation as the rim protector on arm of machine ate into rim as wheel was spinning in efforts to get tire bead over lip of the rim.

As me and my girlfriend were watching them try and mount the new tires and failed repeatedly we asked the service manager what was the problem and that the guy trying to mount tires needed help and he responded by he is new and they didn't have someone available at that time to assist so we ended up having to leave and come back because they couldn't get tires on. I also want to mention that I had Walmart install the front two tires as well on a previous date and the front wheels were damaged in the same way but not as bad which I never made a claim as I wasn't present during that incident and it wasn't that bad but now having it happen again by the same place actually witnessing it for myself I am fed up!

They also were told by my girlfriend outside and by me inside that I wanted to keep my old tires and they ended up throwing them away. When I asked where they were, they said the people who come pick up tires came and they no longer have my used tires which the reason for wanting to keep them is I had a blowout a few days earlier and took a tire from a set of new tires I had set aside for my BMW and now I have to buy another tire to replace the one that was thrown away...

First picture is of R-rear tire second is of L-rear tire, you will notice the grey spots which is actually the primer under top coat of black paint and if you notice that the damage is smooth not rough like curb rash or rock chips. I sent this plus pictures and Walmart/CMI denied my claims saying that Walmart couldn't have caused the damage and hung up on me!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Eastwood Wal-Mart is a joke. Let's go back to Christmas. I waited 45 minutes for a manager to come swipe their card. I am a manager. I would get fired if I did that. 2 weeks ago I had to wait 30 minutes for a manager to verify my age because the cashier was under 18. Today I came at 4 for a oil change. I was told it would be 530 until my car would be done because they are short staffed. I said, "Forget it. I will go somewhere else."

I went to my car and my battery was dead. I bought that at Wal-Mart and is under warranty. I went back in and said, "Never mind. We will wait for the oil and a new battery." I took a bus home and got my other car. I was called at 629 and told that they couldn't get the hood open. "You're car techs who can't open a hood." I said there are pliers on the floor board. He said, "Yeah I seen them." This guy was rude to everyone I seen there today and kept saying, "We are short staffed" to everyone. Fire this guy and fire whoever is running this ** show. The best part is I still have to take my car back there.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

WalMart, did oil change, stripped oil plug, so when on interstate oil came out with plug. Ruined engine. Filed claim CMI, was told to have shop give repair estimate for used engine. Shop did. CMI does not answer, or return phone calls from shop or me. I feel CMI ignoring us. I don't want to get attorney, if forced I will. If you want competent car, do not go to WalMart. CMI is Walmart's insurance, belonging to them, like having a fox in the henhouse. CMI adjuster does not return calls.

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Company Information