Wal-Mart Tire & Lube

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart Oil and Lube?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

On November 3rd 2020, I, Agustin **, went for a routine oil change with my work vehicle at my neighborhood Walmart. They destroyed my car, resulting in a 3,500$ repair cost. After waiting a week and a half trying to keep it a quiet issue, they finally filed a claim, stopped paying for my rental. And still treat this issue with no regard. I wouldn't get a tire rotated there.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Website says hours are 8-5. Wouldn’t open 'til noon, they were rude and refused to assist me. 5 people standing around doing nothing but still refused to assist me. Loss of customers because of this. Ugh.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I took my 2015 Kia Soul to Wal-Mart tire and live in Hendersonville, to have my tires rotated on 10/15/20.The attendant I noticed sprayed sanitizer inside of my car before they took it inside to rotate my tires, I didn't think much of it because of the virus hitting our country. When I got home I noticed that my steering wheel and dash was faded out bad. I I tried to used Armour all on it to see if it would come off, but it is permanent. I am guessing the sanitizer had bleach in it, plus the person that rotated my tires left his used vinyl gloves beside my center console. I have tried to call several time to talk to the store manager, but I can never get him to pick up the phone or give me a call back. I am looking to talk to a lawyer now about a lawsuit for damages.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

In January 2020, I went to my local Walmart for an oil change. Been doing it regularly for years actually. I prefer a brand of full synthetic which Walmart does not carry in their auto service line up but does sell in their store. So, I purchase the oil FROM THEM and get a standard oil change using the oil I purchased FROM THEM. So, I dont use their stock oil, I pay $26.00 for the synthetic and $19.88 for the change. I've done this for years except this last time, I noticed a $9.00 extra charge! Asking about it, I was informed there's a "Pouring" fee for pouring the oil I purchased FROM THEM into the car. I complained to the management and to corporate to no avail. Just despicable!

Original review: July 21, 2020

Back in February I bought two tires from Walmart and bought the road hazard. Covid-19 hit and Walmart shut down all their tire and lubes, I got a screw in one of my tires and I called them and they told me to bring it up and they were still doing road hazards. The employees were very very friendly and they patched my tire. I drove it home, 8 hours later my son went to get into it and the tire was flat. After having such a disastrous first repair job, I took it to a different location and got it patched. I called Walmart to see if I could be either reimbursed for the road hazard or get reimbursed for having to pay to get my tire fixed.

They called me and asked if it was a second hole, and which I informed them there is only one hole in my tire that has been patched twice. Needless to say I will not be buying my tires at Walmart anymore for one they shut down when tire and lube places are an essential business and secondly they try to make it sound like there was a second hole in my tire which there was not and I should have brought it back to them. I wanted the tire fixed right so I took it somewhere else. Evidently Walmart does not stand by their product.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I got 4 new tires 3/1/2020. I bought the warranty for road hazards. There was a nail in road, coming out of apartments onto main road, over the train tracks my tire popped. Called Wal-Mart and stated their auto center closed and nothing they can do. So Discount Tires helped me out free of charge, gave them $15 tip. Now again 6/18/20 that same tire flat and called Wal-Mart and said still closed and I asked who I could CALL and the lady was very rude saying "WHO WOULD YOU CALL". I'm pretty pissed off, I have kids and its rough right now, especially financially and thats the answer I get. All the money I spend at Wal-Mart and I get no HELP.

Original review: June 13, 2020

I did extended mile premium oil change (full synthetic), the top level in their option at Walmart (5405 S Rice Ave, Houston, TX 77081). After the oil change, when I read the repair details they were putting $1.98, basic oil filter. The technician responded, that was the standard oil filter they put in every oil change. Another technician replied that the basic oil filter was not compatible with the synthetic oil change. I had to go there next day, pay additional $10 and wait 2 more hours to put synthetic oil filter. I did not expected Walmart cheat thousands of customer putting incompatible oil filter. That was my last oil change at the Walmart, I raised this issue to the Walmart headquarter but don't know if they are still ripping the customers.

Original review: April 14, 2020

Wal-Mart Automotive Madison St, Webb City, MO. They are always really nice and helpful people but I really get irritated when I have my tires worked on they always switch out my nice Nissan tire valve cap cover with the silver green and yellow emblem with an ugly black one that doesn’t match the rest of the tires. I guess they collect these or something. I called them out on it the first time and they knew exactly where my tire cap covers were and corrected it for the second time I forgot to check on it and then when I called right back of course they could not find it anywhere. Not cool.

Original review: April 6, 2020

Walmart has some "old" school service personnel. They're not up to speed on the newer cars and variations, so the person going to Walmart must be watchful and be ready to "coach" them on oil capacities, how to start the car etc.

Original review: April 5, 2020

Great customer service! Great pricing! Somewhat speedy service but could maybe be a little faster! Other than that getting an oil change is pretty cheap and timely! Would definitely recommend anyone to get great deal and great service at Walmart!

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Company Information