Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Wal-Mart Oil and Lube
3.45/5

Wal-Mart Tire & Lube

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

970 Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 29, 2019

Took vehicle in for oil change - told they could take me but appeared\true they were short staff and closing early. There were no other oil change vehicles ahead of me - one tech working on tires. After 30 min got car in bay but took over an hour. Seemed same tech was multitasking on other vehicles. After 2 hrs and thundershowers raging oil hand prints driver side indoor panel, arm rest and middle console. When home next day decided to check oil myself and the funnel was still in opening and oil cover missing. Car making odd sound the few miles I drove home. Now I am pissed.

Original review: June 3, 2019

They would get 0 stars if I could. They don’t even deserve one star. DO NOT GO TO WALMART AUTO! Never again will I get ANYTHING done from Walmart auto. Because of them my motor blew and I had to buy a new vehicle. Of course I wanted to take them to court but how can you win with a million dollar corporation. Oh and if you take them to court beware that if you lose you have to pay for their lawyers which is bull which is why I didn’t, EVEN though I had a reputable auto business backing me up.

Walmart May be ok for groceries but they have no brain in mechanics. They can’t even do a basic oil change because their oil change blew my motor and I had to learn how to do my own oil change because obviously I can’t trust Walmart to do it for me. I love my new vehicle but I also really loved my other one that I lost due to this scheme, Regardless of whether or not I like my car, I still should not have had to put forth the excess money to purchase a new car because Walmart Auto Center didn’t probably do the job that they were being paid for. BEWARE. Do not go to Walmart auto center because you won’t get what you pay for, in fact you will end up losing money and possibly taking the chance of losing your vehicle.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I bought tires at the Walmart Tire & Lube Center at 407 George Clauss Blvd., Severn, MD several years ago, and free rotations for the life of the tires were included. In mid-March 2019, I took the car in to have the tires rotated and showed the employee how I wanted the tires rotated (a forward cross pattern). I was there several hours before they told me my tires were too worn to be rotated in this pattern, but not worn enough to be replaced. The tires had only 22,000 miles on them. They said rotating them in this pattern would cause vibration. I was going to tell them to rotate them front to back but I happened to look outside and saw that my car had already been removed from the garage and was in the parking lot and another customer’s car was on the lift. I knew that I might have to wait another couple of hours before they could get my car back in to rotate the tires front to back, so I just left.

A couple of weeks later, I took the car to a friend who has a lift in his garage to rotate the tires front to back. While I had the car up in the air, I went to check the tire pressure and add air to the tires, if needed. I added air to one tire but then when I went to check the tire pressure on the rest of the tires, I noticed that whoever worked on my car at Walmart didn’t put the remaining wheel covers back on correctly. Each one has a semi-circle or notch in the wheel cover where the valve stem is supposed to stick through. On three of the wheel covers, they didn’t put the notch where the valve stem was. The way they put the covers back on, a straight edge was mashing down on the top of the valve stems, and I couldn’t even get the caps off to check the tire pressure or add air. So, I had to remove the 3 wheel covers and re-position them in the correct position.

I am not a certified automotive mechanic, but even I know that wheel covers on many cars have to be put back on in a certain position so as to not block access to the valve stems. Also, I don’t understand (1) why they had to remove the wheels to determine that they were too worn to be rotated. They could have made that determination with the tires still on the car, (2) why they removed the wheel covers. Before I bought the tires at Walmart and got free tire rotations, I rotated the tires on the car and never once had to remove the wheel covers to rotate them.

Original review: May 31, 2019

My vehicle was in for a simple oil change. After my vehicle won’t go over 10 mph. I go to get answers and they won’t look into it until I pay them for it. I’ll be much smarter next time and choose a shop with real mechanics. Management was incredibly rude and had no care to help me.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Just warning others, don’t go to this place to get any type of service on your vehicle. They are careless and super lazy. To top that the customer service in auto is just horrible. Went in (4210 John Shen Shepard Odessa, TX 79762) to get an oil change. Had me waiting over two hours just to be told they couldn’t do an oil change... but sure did change out the oil filter on it. They had changed out the oil filter to my car without changing the oil which could’ve caused major damage to my vehicle. I won’t ever go to this place, or any Walmart whatsoever. Don’t recommend getting any type of service done to your vehicle at any Walmart. They just have lazy people charging consumers for things they don’t do. Theft of service and major inconveniences.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: May 20, 2019

Walmart service tech drove my car into the back of another vehicle on 6/5/18. Was told by service manager a claim was filed but was never filed until months later after the video of incident was deleted. Continued to follow up. Had 2 separate write ups for damages and now almost a year later third party claim rep named Bo at 1800 527 0566 ext ** says denied due to brake pedal goes down farther than it should based on a phone call to Christian Brothers but brakes would pass state inspection. This is completely wrong and very dishonest business practice. They will do anything to not pay for damages they caused. Please DO NOT TAKE YOUR VEHICLE TO WALMART!!

Original review: May 19, 2019

I got my oil changed in Feb from Walmart and since then my car has been leaking oil. The other day my oil light came on briefly then my car started knocking. After pulling over and investigating I noticed my oil drain plug was about 3/4 of the way out and oil leaking out. I didn’t think anything about the oil change from Walmart but after having a different mechanic look at my car they informed me that Walmart had put a rubber seal on my helixcoil to temporarily fix the helixcoil from falling out and no one at Walmart informed me of this issue or their failed attempt of a temporary fix. My car has a spun rod bearing now and I am out of a car! Absolutely angered and disappointed in Walmart auto center.

Original review: May 18, 2019

All Walmart tire service sucks big time. I don’t care if you need a tire for a trailer or pickup. They won’t help a person that is desperately in need of a tire. I don’t care what Walmart you go to. They will not help you fix a tire no matter what. Walmart is the sorriest place you could go to for a tire. Maybe instead of being so mean to our President Trump they should start doing something to shut all Walmart tire stores down or the whole entire Walmart stores down for good. Walmart tire shops have a very poor tire service. Very poor. Very very poor.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Ordered oil change with high mileage for my 2001 Chevy Blazer. Got the bill for 34$. According to my higher price, they greased 8 fittings. I brought the Blazer home and rotated tires and found none of the grease fittings cleaned or greased. The oil was half on the dipstick. I live 2 miles away and it doesn’t burn oil. Absolutely amazed at the lack of service. Never again!!!

Original review: April 8, 2019

On 4/07/2019 I went to Walmart tire and lube located on Newport Highway in Spokane, WA. for an oil change and to have my snow tires removed and the year round tires installed. I was told that the oil change could be done immediately but it would be six hours minimum for the tires to be exchanged. I questioned this estimation since there were only two cars in the bay on the tire work side and none in the line. He then re-estimated the work time to be two to three hours. I then asked him if there were appointments ahead of me to which he responded that it’s first come first serve. That’s fine, but how does it take to swap out tires? It doesn’t take two to three hours to do so.

May I also mention that I arrived 30 minutes before they even opened and was told this. I was one of the first people to arrive for the day and there was no line for work to be done. Instead of acting like an entitled **, I asked if there would be a better time to return the next day to get the tire work done. I was told to be there 15 minutes before they opened and that was a pain, but livable.

I then informed him that my front tire(s) we’re having an issue with a significant wobble as I was breaking, and I suspected that I may have picked up a nail/ screw or something of that nature and if they could take a quick look for any obvious damage and tire pressure as they did the oil change and advise me so that if it were anything serious that needed immediate attention I could address it elsewhere. I then went into the store and did some shopping, paid for my groceries and the oil change, and picked up my car. I asked the employee at the counter if there were any observations concerning my tires, and was told that if there were they would be on the comments section of the paperwork. There were no observations noted considering my tires.

On the written rundown of everything they checked it was noted that my tire pressure was at 31 psi which they said was fine according to the vehicle manufacturer. The only problem is that according to the tire manufacturer, the proper psi for those particular tires is 51. I believe in second chances, and figured that they may have just been having a really bad day, so I didn’t raise a fuss and returned the next morning 30 minutes before they opened.

I again drew their attention to the improper tire pressure and asked them to observe for any damages to my tires and make any necessary repairs. I was more than willing to pay for any repairs, and put the previous day’s shoddy treatment behind me. Not the case. It took them 20-30 minutes to complete the work and for my car to be ready. I went out to my car and could immediately see that my tires were resting on the side walls and that they were significantly under inflated. I looked at my paperwork and it said that they were inflated to 32 psi. The proper psi for this set, according to the tire manufacturer is 44 psi.

I was pretty annoyed again at this point so I went back into the store and bought a tire gauge so I could just go to a gas station and do it myself correctly. I discussed the matter with the desk employee and all he could say is that the car manufacturer recommended 32 psi for this car. Why are they following the vehicle manufacturer recommendations and not the tire manufacturer’s? This makes no sense since these tires were purchased after market. Also The year round tires are only four years old, and the snow tires are three years old. The paperwork from this morning stated in the comments section that I signed a document advising me that my tires were over ten years old. Not only are my tires not ten years old, I signed absolutely no documents of any kind. The statement was a complete falsehood.

After I put air in my tires and returned home, I unloaded the snow tires from my car to put them in my garage. The first tire I pulled out had a large screw in it? Seriously?!! I asked them to observe for any damages and make repairs that I was happy to pay for, but no one even noticed. I have been a long-standing, returning customer and i even gave them a second chance by returning today after yesterday’s poor experience, but they repeated it again. I have never been this disappointed in a Walmart tire and lube center, and because if the incidences over the last two days, I am highly certain that I will not be returning again.

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Company Information