Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Wal-Mart Tire & Lube

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.22/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Reviews

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I went in Walmart to get two tires. I started out by talking to a guy who insisted on putting new tires on the back. I told him they should go on the front. That I live on a hill and I have front wheel drive. He said, "No. Put the used on the front. I couldn’t argue anymore. I drove home with thinking my tires just need to be balanced. The next morning on the way to work I heard a noise. I went to lunch and heard more noise? I called Walmart. They said bring it back to check. On my way back the tire started shaking. I lost control. I am now trying to avoid cars and the curb. Without success. I pulled muscles I didn’t know I had! I got off the road somehow. I called Walmart. The manager told me they can’t help me so call your own way home. I finally get ahold of my ins roadside. He comes to the car and says, "Ma'am did you know your tire was about to fall off?!" He said, "Do you know how serious this is?"

My lug nuts on the the front driver side were able to move with your fingers. I called Walmart. They said they needed a video and they weren’t responsible. Not are you ok or anything.? Of course that would be an admission? I get into the store. I was told to put in the claim with the store manager. She sits me down in the entryway where all the people come in. She had never taken a complaint before so she wasn’t able to finish it but sent it in anyway. She said it wasn’t her job?

Now feeling a little lost I finally get a call from the ins co. They cover any claims with Walmart. She takes my statement over the phone. Her name is Melba **. She asked me how many passengers my speed when it happened etc. I sent all my documents to her. I sent her my attorney's letter advising me of my rights. The video of the road side assistance guy showing the loose lug nuts. The records showing I had muscle damage. After all that this happened in October she finally responded only after I contacted her supervisor. Her response was that they weren’t liable for anything because I chose to drive it. Even though I had no idea my wheel was going to fall off!!? She said the work order read that the work was correct and they have no responsibility in this matter so have a nice day.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Wanted to have my vehicle tires serviced but when you call them they don’t have the common courtesy to even pick up the phone. This is very inconvenient for people who want a price for a service instead of physically driving there to ultimately having them be booked up thus me wasting my time and gas.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I had an awful experience with Walmart and their claims department! Took my 2015 Dodge Charger to Walmart on October 23rd of 2019. Drive off thinking everything was good. Drove my car back and forth to work well over a week. Got into my car to drive home from work. My engine light was on. My car was running terrible! Long story short took it back. They had placed my oil filter in wrong!

They placed it the right way but now my car has a clatter in runs sluggish. I made a claim and low and behold was denied ho figure!! The cost to fix my car is 9800.00. I can not afford! My car was running perfectly when I took it to them! To Walmart I think you guys are not fair to your customers I think everyone that works for you guys in the service department should be more experienced and as far as the claims department goes it is not over!! I now have to file a lawsuit with money I do not have and should not have to pay out of pocket. Walmart should pay for what they did, not me!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

My son had his motor replaced in his 06 jeep Cherokee at the end of March 2019, he took his jeep for oil change at Walmart Hough Rd in Florence, Ala. in June. The oil leaked out of his jeep due to a cracked and loose oil filter. When he took it back to walmart, the guy told him it was cracked and replaced it and we immediately. Took it to mechanic shop that put his motor in to find out that the oil leak caused his motor to be bad. Walmart corporate sent investigator out to inspect and take pics of jeep. The investigator admitted to both mechanics that the oil leak was coming from oil filter and I definitely had a case against them but walmart corporate came back and said to me that they were not liable. So my son's jeep has been sitting in shop but yet we still paying for his loan and insurance on jeep. It's sad how they have done us. This was a new motor. Florence, Ala.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I had a new battery installed; they forgot the battery clamp and had to buy one for $12- went back later and it was sitting on their work bench but the two long clamp hold downs were not there. On 12/04/19 went in for the customary oil change and they did not replace the oil filler cap. After driving seventy miles noticing a heavy oil smell and on occasion at a stop white smoke came out from under the front.

I got to my destination and raised the hood to discover the cap was not there and oil sprayed all over the interior of the engine compartment. I called, was told the manager was at lunch - after two hours I finally called back and she answered saying she just got back from lunch and said she'll investigate what happened since the work was supposedly videoed as everything in the changing bay is. He assistant manage said I should look around the engine compartment to see if it may have fallen off the air cleaner where they placed it. Nada. I had to order a new cap for $15.15 from Auto Zone.

Haven't heard word one back from them. A few years ago I bought four new tires from them and after a few thousand miles I asked them to rotate them front to back. The manager said they weren't sold by Walmart. I showed him the receipt. I didn't have it done by them. I went to Les Schwab and they rotated them without question. DO NOT EVER EVER GO TO A WALMART FOR ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOUR CAR.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Went to Wal-Mart in Claremore Oklahoma for a tire rotation and balance. Immediately after this service my car vibrates harshly at around 55 mph. Also when I stop and take off again there is a loud popping noise that never occurred. If your choice is Walmart or not at all just go with not at all, because now my vacation may be cancelled if we do not have reliable transportation.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

Went to Walmart automotive to get my oil change like I always do and yes I was a little overdue but here is what happened. They told me there would be a 2 1/2 hour wait so I agreed and went shopping. About 1/12 hours later I go back to the automotive department to check on my car. The guy doing my oil change proceeds to tell me that my plug is stuck and he has to talk to the manager. So they talk and then they tell me because I waited so long for my oil change that it caused the screw to swell up and they can’t touch it (even though they did the oil change prior to this) and I have to take it somewhere else, so I did and where I took it had no problems getting the screw off. I was very disappointed because I’ve always trusted walmart. Never again

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I went to Walmart in Winder, Ga. to buy a auto battery because they install free, but much to my surprise that was not true. THEY called and told me to come pick up my car because it was too much problem to install. Big runaround so I left. I will take my business where I am appreciated.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

I have purchased tires from Walmart to save money, obviously... but the customer service is the WORST and not worth it. I always purchase the warranty on tires because of all the construction nails around our neighborhood. One of my tires had a slow leak and I took it to Saginaw location at 10am. 4.5 hours later they told me they could not find a leak. I was mad bc it took them that long and they couldn't fix it. It obviously had a leak and they didn't try hard enough to find it. I took it to another tire store and they found it right away. The tech at walmart told me he couldn't seal a tire that didn't have a leak when it obviously did or I wouldn't be in there.

The next time, one of my tires blew while driving. We took the tire and rim up there to be replaced and the man working said they didn't have the exact tire to replace mine and would have to order one. So that I could drive they were going to put on another tire temporarily. The man approved it with his manager. 4 hours later I got a call from a tech that said they could not fix the tire because it was too damaged!! I KNOW! That's why the other guy ordered me a tire and they found a temporary to put on it. The next shift had NO idea what was supposed to happen to my tire that had been up there all day. I am completely FED uP with them and will NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I went for oil change at one of their Walmart branch. I selected their 39.99 dollar Pennzoil platinum 5w20d oil service... which the sale associate said it was best for your car... After 1 hour of waiting I paid and all went good. When I saw the receipt it was written cas edge 5w30 sn on it. I immediately went back and asked them what was it, they said, "Sorry we are out of Pennzoil platinum that's why we put castrol in your car." And after another long debate with three or four of their employees, they agreed to call their manager and after long conversation, they accept their fault... but the question is this, if they don't have pennzoil why they change it without even asking to customer... And I am not sure about second time which oil they put in my car... I don't trust them anymore. We don't have access to their work shop. The only reason we go there because we want trusted service... otherwise we have a lot of option... Thank you.

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Company Information