2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Volvo

Volvo
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.20/5

Volvo Penta is a world-leading supplier of engines and complete power systems for both marine and industrial applications. We strive to give our customers the right product, with the right qualities.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Volvo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Volvo?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Volvo Penta?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Best customer service and best safety record. NIELLO Volvo is the best dealer in the area. They have quality cars-new and used-and take excellent care of their customers. I have been a Volvo owner for 14 years and am on my 4th car. I LOVE Volvo!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I bought this car used, one owner. 2013. Excellent car due to all wheel drive and the power of the turbo engine. It is a very responsive car. It is sporty and fun, yet a nice family sedan when needed. I drive my grandchildren who sit in the back seat and I feel they are very protected. The body style for this year is beautiful and I have received many many compliments on it. My neighbor even bought one for these reasons. I hear that the company has been bought by China. The body style has changed drastically this year and is not near as attractive. I don't think I will buy another one for this reason. They ruined the look.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

This auto is the safest and best performing vehicle for its price. The car delivers is riding comfort, cost to operate, and safety. It has a good level of performance and provides a useful information and display system.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

The 1918 Volvo XC90 is the finest automobile I have ever owned. Besides the world class safety features and vehicle safety, this car has the most adaptive, user friendly functions and options I have ever experienced. It has selective ride control as well. Overall this car is awesome and great in bumper to bumper traffic to highway, short and especially long distance trips!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

The car was ahead of its time. It is so fun to drive and gets so much attention because of the styling. The 5 cylinder turbo gets ok gas mileage and uses regular or premium. Great interior room, fun handling, really scoots. I'm sorry they stopped production in 2013.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

We decided to give Volvo a shot in addition to the Porsche and Mercedes SUVs we were considering. The sales team was so horrible and disorganized that we're not even considering Volvo at all anymore. Typical used car lot type of dealership; if you're looking for a luxury experience, stick to the other brands.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I recently drove a Volvo V90; it is quiet, easy to manage on a road or highway; enjoyable to drive. My only concern is that, since Volvo is now Chinese owned (again, Chinese owned), I am not certain they can be trusted to honor warranty issues. I brought this up with the manager and he laughed and said 'If you're talking about Covid-19 and its relationship to the quality of this car and whether a warranty on it will be honored, it is a moot issue.' I am not convinced and really didn't even have the question addressed. As a result, I moved on and bought a good Japanese Acura RDX. It is an excellent, upscale, mid-sized SUV.

Original review: July 14, 2020

I have always loved the Volvo and the ride is beautiful; however I must share this. Yesterday I almost got killed 4 times just trying to figure out how to get back to Sirius radio from another screen, Volvo has always been about safety, but the more complicated they keep making all the accessories and amenities, the more dangerous it has become, trying to figure things out, I almost hit the car in front of me a few times and missed my exit. It is the most frustrating experience. Does Volvo think their cars seem more luxurious by being so complicated? It's ridiculous, make it intuitive so people like me (65 years old) don't go crazy just wanting to get to a radio station, and even once it was figured out by my daughter, it still took about 5 steps to get there, again, danger!!! If texting is considered dangerous, to me this is much worse. For your info, I had a 2 hour car ride just looking at the navigation. No radio. I am so frustrated!!!!

Original review: May 11, 2020

I officially have had it with Volvo USA, Volvo of Oklahoma City!!! I messed up by believing the hype behind Volvo. I messed up for paying for a preowned Volvo just out of warranty. I messed up by trusting Volvo would be a car that would make it past 50,000 or 80,000 or 100,000 miles without multiple expensive major car issues. I should have purchases an insane extended car warranty. Don't be fooled like me.

In April of 2018, I had completed doing my research on the car that I had been wanting to get since the new design of the Volvo XC 90 had dropped. I worked closely with my credit union to secure the financing necessary to go and seal the deal with MY CAR!! I chose a pre-owned 2016 Volvo XC 90 Momentum, that had the upgraded bells & whistles. It was just out of the manufacturers warranty, but it is a Volvo, which were known for going well into the 300,000-mile radius. The cost for this luxury vehicle was a stretch, but I knew, based on the high ratings of the reliability, advanced safety, performance, and the technology that I would be happy for years to come. I kept my vehicle maintained with Volvo’s “Authorized Servicer”; the only within a 150-mile radius.

THE PROBLEMS BEGIN. Just 3 short months after having my beautiful car, I had noticed that my a/c was not cooling, and in Oklahoma… you need that air blowing full blast during our Summers! I took my car to the “Authorized Servicer” that would be VOLVO OF OKLAHOMA CITY. They ran a test to make sure there were no leaks in any hoses, and cycled U/V dye through the system; they stated the reservoir was simply empty, so it was filled.

Three short months later no a/c AGAIN. I take my car for a second opinion at to a well-respected a/c servicer in town. They ran the what appeared to be the same test and inform me that the A/C evaporator (MAJOR REPAIR) needed to be replaced; a $2,700 fix. I was told that this is a highly unusual fix for a 2 year old vehicle. In fact, the tech stated the last time he had a vehicle in to replace this was on a 2002 model. Back to the issue. I panic then contacted Volvo USA, they agree to assist me with 50% of the cost of the part to be replaced, which left a whopping $1800 for me to pay out of pocket, but only to be completed with their “Authorized Servicer”. I had it repaired with Volvo of Oklahoma City.

Next, just a week and ½ after getting my Volvo back, I get MULTIPLE illuminated lights. Get this... the Check Engine Light, SRS Airbag light, and the Auto-Hold light. I did not panic, called the “Authorized Servicer”, and was told to just bring the car in for them to check it out; they figured something maybe just did not get plugged back in. WRONG!! I get a call stating that both the Turbo Gasket AND the O2 Sensor was bad, and would need to be replaced. That was not all... Volvo of OKC stated the Auto-hold button was broken, and this fix was quoted $1650. I took my car to a local Volvo dealer for a second opinion, and determined the lights were all on due to a second battery (auxiliary battery) going out. They replaced it and fixed the Turbo Gasket for $500 less than Volvo of OKC. Thank you Swedish!! I HIGHLY recommend them.

Fast forward to December 23, 2019. My car was serviced at Volvo of Oklahoma City for a routine oil charge which is $179, but it is meant to last up to 10,000 miles or 1 year (whichever comes 1st). I also had my brakes and rotors replaced which cost me $850. They check my car with their routine Multipoint Inspection and only note that my tires should be replaced in the near future. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about a oil leak!!

I get my car back with absolutely no mention about an front crack seal and leak. 3 weeks (of my 1 year) after my $179 oil change (mind you I am supposed to have. MY OIL LIGHT IS ILLUMINATED letting me know that I needed to add oil. I call them and am then told that it appears that my car has an oil leak in the front crack seal, but they didnt think it was serious enough to mention (can I be the judge of that). I ask for a call from the manager and get a ** response of, "Well, it was noted on page 2 of your paperwork". Are you kidding me, do you feel that was not worth mentioning BEFORE my $179 oil change!!! He stated, "Well you would have needed to get the oil changed anyways." I was furious and stated I would not have opted to overlook that type of issue, and would have appreciated the knowledge as I trusted them with informing me of this.

I was quoted $1166 to fix this issue. Volvo USA stated they could not assist me in trading this in toward another vehicle, and they also would not be able to further assist me with my vehicle. Volvo of OKC MANAGER said that he was willing to give me a 10% discount for my inconvenience. I told them I want my $179 back they said only if I get my vehicle fixed there????. I AM BEYOND PISSED! #VolvoCarsUSA #VolvoCarsOfOklahomaCity #VolvoCarsNorthAmerica #LemonOfAVolvo #DisappointedVolvoOwner #HorribleCustomerService #StandBehindYourNameVolvo #Trash

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

The 2020 XC60 & XC90 models have a design change which removed the door runner at the bottom. Bad design, as this is where most the road debris, mud and water enter. It doesn’t enter the inside of the car but it's a mess after a heavy rain or car wash and I'm left to clean and dry all the seal creases and door jams to prevent mold or rust. Would have reconsidered this car if I had known. Love everything else about the XC60 so hoping Volvo steps up and makes a rubber runner to replace the cheap seals.

Volvo Company Information