2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.85/5

The Toyota Tacoma is mid-size pickup truck. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Toyota Tacoma Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Tacoma?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Tacoma?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I like the truck but the cab is small, There is almost no room in the back seat behind the driver in my double cab. I not a tall man by any standard. Good thing I am driving alone most of the time. In the 3 years that I have owned it not a thing has gone wrong with the truck. I would buy another, hopefully the next generation will have more passenger room.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

My truck has a 4 cylinder engine. The reason I purchased this model was for the gas mileage which is not as good as I had expected, it gets 24.5 mpg in town driving. I was hoping for better mileage but it is better than my Nissan Frontier. It got 19 mpg. Otherwise it is a good truck.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I really like the crew cab Toyota Tacoma 2014 because it's like having a sedan and truck all in one. The sound system is great. It keeps its value, it's fun to drive and we've haven't had any major repairs. We just maintain it. It still looks new. It's great having a truck bed because we use it a lot. It's not bad on gas. We love taking road trips in it.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I love this truck, It is a truck, Feels like a high car, Very Stable, And as fast as you seriously need to be going. It will definitely get out of its own way and even though it's bad capacity isn't huge it still has a great towing capability and is very stable with a 20 foot boat on a trailer on the hwy and at the boat ramp. Plenty of room in the back seat fits four people nicely. Gas mileage is good if you stay out of the paddle. I get 22.2 miles to the gallon in the city. It looks great and has a ton of easy upgrades to make it look bad **. I would not buy anything else and I have owned one of each already. My resale value will be the best in this truck.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I ordered my Toyota Tacoma with what I wanted on it. It has been a great vehicle. No service issues at all. It handles excellent and is pretty economical on gas. It has quite a bit of hidden storage areas. Several of which can be secured. The overall appearance is quite impressive and I have received a lot of compliments on it.

Original review: April 30, 2020

Quality is not what it used to be - like many corporations they are selling out to China CCP slave labor bad quality parts. 2019 Tacoma riddled with driveline problems. Over 8 visits and still issues including 4 attempts and failed NCDS claim to get them to admit differential was bad and replace, with resulting other issues on replacement with transfer case rear output and recurring leaks still not fixed after 3 attempts (sitting in shop with no parts). Customer care is worthless - smoke in mirrors stall tactics to make sure you are outside lemon law and never really accomplish any resolutions.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I purchased a 2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 in Nov. 2019. Upon a mechanic checking it out I was told the frame has rusted out at the cab and bed mounts. I was told it would eventually come apart on me. I then took it to a Toyota dealership and they indeed said something needed to be done to it but they can’t. They used the vin # to research it and I was told the 1st owner never did bring it in for an offer that Toyota had out to fix this issue and it was too late for me the second owner because said offer had expired. The service person at this dealership then gave me Toyota Motor Corporation number and said for me to call them. They may be able to do something for me.

This was a total waste of time! Even after I told them this truck would be dangerous and that I ride my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter and 17 month old grand son in this truck they still insisted they couldn’t do anything to help me. I the second owner shouldn’t be punished for their faulty frames that I knew nothing about. They didn’t care that I had small babies riding in this vehicle and basically said they couldn’t do anything to help me. I have owned Toyota cars over the years and believe in Toyota products. Since Toyota seems to care more about lining their pockets and keeping all their profits and not care about the safety of my grand babies I will never buy another Toyota product as long as I live.

In my opinion they make the sale and then to hell with the customer. Even though this is a used truck by me being the second owner they should have been able to do something for me. I googled and read up on this bad frame issue Toyota had and it was bad and it shouldn’t matter if I was a second buyer. There should still been help available to me since the frame as been deemed dangerous with rust. After all, they do know why this frame issue happened in the first place. If a big corporation can’t help a second owner out of this mess clearly they don’t deserve to be in business. Just think how this will affect you as a Toyota Tacoma owner wanting to sell or trade your truck later.

If you don’t want to be stuck with a rusted out frame and no help from Toyota because you’re the second owner and the first owner missed the recall to get this taken care of you should stay away from the used Tacoma that’s on any lot! Stuck in Va! I do plan to go to my News Media 12 on your side about this dealer that assured me the truck was a winner, no issues. Toyota Motor Corporations you suck!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I love my Toyota Tacoma. It is a well built vehicle that gives me no trouble at all. I especially like all the tech features available, rear backup camera, gps navigation, iPhone integration, etc... The overall quality of the truck is outstanding. It’s also very fun to drive.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I purchased a 2019 Toyota Tacoma 4 cyl. four door cab. I have been to the dealer from where had purchased it 3 times for the same problem, Which when I am in a stopped position in drive gear and foot on the brake the engine sends a shaking to the food brake and steering wheel and now can feel in the driver seat. I have only 7, 000 miles. I was told that they cannot find the problem. I don't have any problem with my 2017 toyota rav same motor 4 cyl. And I had traded in on this truck a 2013 Tacoma 4 cyl. and did not experience any of this problem with the idle.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

My dad bought a 2016 Tacoma. Service records show about a dozen times, his truck was brought in for 1 problem after another. Even though this problem was initially brought in under warranty is still having the same issues now that it's out of warranty and I'm supposed to come out of my pocket now??? Terrible experience.

Toyota Tacoma Company Information