Save on Car Repairs

Compare Quotes
1.59/5
Based on 191 reviews that contain star ratings

Toyota Tacoma

The Toyota Tacoma is mid-size pickup truck. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

424 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Toyota trucks have been having frame rust corrosion for well over a decade. It is an issue they are well aware of. Toyota set up a customer support program to specifically for this. The warranty coverage for frame rust corrosion perforation is nothing but an attempt to cover up an inferior product. My truck still looks brand new but has been declared unsafe to drive due a frame that has rusted out. This is after I was contacted by Toyota about the issue. Toyota said the frame was good and put a “protective “ coating on it. 5 years later it’s junk. Toyota was very polite in telling me it’s my problem. I won’t be buying Toyota products anymore. You can verify my same issue by looking up ‘Toyota truck frame rust’. Toyota may have fixed the issue by now but I’m sure something else will pop up that they will just put a band-aid on and leave you with junk.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I purchased a new 2018 Tacoma and soon it developed a severe door wind noise at ear level. 3 returns under warranty and failure by Toyota to solve resulted in my trading the vehicle off with 7,700 miles.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: June 21, 2018

My Toyota Tacoma pickup has provided me with everything I want from a truck. It has the capacity to haul what I want for my garden, lets me get wood for my hobby and by being a four door enough space to take others with me. The interior is comfortable with enough room for four adults to sit comfortable for a long period of time. I wish that my truck had running boards making it easier to get in and out of as I get older. Also the paint on this truck will need to be redone because it is starting to chip and fall off making it rust because of the lack of protection.

Original review: June 3, 2018

We owned a 2005 Tacoma SR5 and loved it, after putting 170,000 miles on it we traded it in for a 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport 4-Door. After owning it for a week I noticed that the engine seemed very underpowered even though it had more horsepower than our old Tacoma and the transmission shifted all over the place. We dealt with that for the first 10,000 miles. I complained about the problem and the dealer told me that's the way it was designed. Again I complained about it after 15,000 miles and they recalibrated the ECM in the transmission. I put another 1,000 miles on the vehicle and the problem never went away, we then got rid of the vehicle by selling it private party. Anyone thinking about buying a new one we would highly recommend you do not.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Own my Toyota Tacoma for 15 years and have about 133000 mile on the odometer. Been a real reliable little vehicle and get me where I need to go. Great gas mileage and going to keep it till the wheel fall off.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Tacoma?

Original review: May 4, 2018

Toyota Tacoma almost 300,000 still runs great, exhaust pipe free of soot, clean running, love it. Good mileage, good work truck. Auto transmission good, easy drive.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I own a 2016 Toyota Tacoma and it has all of the creature comforts except for power seats. This was not an option when I purchased it but I need it and I assume that all owners feel the same.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Both the Nissan Pathfinder and the Toyota Tacoma drive exceptionally well. They both offer decent gas mileage. Both the vehicles are sporty and can certainly be conservative as well.

Original review: March 15, 2018

My Tacoma was brought to ToyotaWorld Newark in Nov. 2011 for a rust problem and they coated the frame with corrosion preventive compound and promised that the coating would fix the problem. In Nov. 2015 it was brought in again because rust was present. Dealership would not do anything because it was out of warranty by 3 months (Toyota knew my VIN, yet did not notify). Toyota never recalled 1995-2004 Tacomas even though they bought back and conducted frame repairs on some vehicles through those years. I bought this vehicle in May 2017. There was some rust but it didn't look like it was that bad. Last week I noticed 2 cracks in the frame, one on the left frame and one on the right frame. I took it to Shore Toyota in NJ and they said it was under warranty (because work was done in 2011 and the 15 year warranty applied from the time rust was an issue) and they would call me about a rental car the next day.

When they didn't call, I called them and they said it wasn't under warranty. I asked if they would give me an estimate and I wanted to have my Tacoma fixed there. They never called back. Again I called to follow up. Larry, the service manager, said that it was inspected, they wouldn't fix it, and it was unsafe to drive. I wrote on their service invoice that 'Shore Toyota refused to do work on frame when I offered to pay out-of-pocket.' When I asked for a photocopy of the invoice, they refused. Complained to Toyota Customer Service case # **. Supervisor did not return my call.

Bottom line: I've been driving in a vehicle that could have resulted in the death of me and my loved ones. Toyota knows that the frames of their 1994-2004 vehicles (800,000 of them) are defective. Yet, Toyota has never recalled these vehicles. They should be repaired, bought back, or replaced by Toyota. How many individuals will have to be injured or die because this problem is not addressed?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I would not advise buying a Tacoma with the 3.5 V6 and automatic transmission. I was excited to pick mine up from the dealership but after the first drive was very unimpressed with the acceleration and braking. After more miles the issues kept coming up and the erratic shifting and steering vibration made me concerned. I started reading reviews and found thousands of complaints online that resemble my issues. I set up a visit with a technician and was told it is just how the truck drives. This also matches the experience of others in the online reviews.

Toyota has clearly educated the technicians to tell people to deal with it and go away. Those are my words but I hope you get the point. It’s not a good vehicle in my opinion and I want others to be warned before buying. I do not feel safe in my truck due to the lack of acceleration and poor handling. It also underperforms by 4-5 mpg and I drive highway miles, not fast or aggressively. I have a hunch Toyota knows about the issues but has already had a recall and won’t take another hit with the drivetrain. I would like Toyota to buy back or trade for a comparable 4Runner without incurring loss and paying sales tax and doc fees. Otherwise I will be forced to trade at a loss. If I do so it will not be for another Tacoma or Toyota, ever again.

Updated on 02/06/2018: I would like to update my initial review of my Tacoma (Tacoma TRD Off Road Automatic V6) based on my last visit to the dealership. First the technician couldn’t replicate the shifting issues. I was not in the vehicle when he drove it, but I insisted that they check the fluid. It turns out the transmission fluid was low. After they filled it I drove it home and noticed a difference right away. It still hunts for gears and is not a great driving pickup, but at least I can merge into traffic without panic. Now I will watch to see if my MPG goes up. So far I’m still getting 16 on the highway. Why would Toyota continue to sell trucks low on fluid after they knew about it in 2016?

This truck has left a bad taste and I still would caution a person who is considering buying one. Test drive it for a long time and get them to run diagnostics and check fluids. I had a checklist that was not filled out in my glove box. I showed the sales person and he brought it back in 10 minutes checked off and signed. Is it possible to do an inspection that quickly? I hope to receive a reply from Toyota.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

This 4,000lbs truck stock from the factory on the highway is getting me 12-14 mpg’s on the highway. I have already taken it to 2 dealership so both say truck not throwing codes. It's updated to most recent TSB’s flash tune. I drive around 80-100 miles on any given day and I have to be putting 15-20$ daily in this truck in fuel! I don't drive hard fast. Just normal cruising speed 70-75 mph (mind you Texas interstates) and still it's nowhere near the advertised mpg’s, the transmission cannot hold 5 or 6th gear to save a life. Any little incline or slight headwind and it's constant downshifting! Honestly if I was at least near 16-17 mpg’s I wouldn't complain as much but 12-14 mpg’s really grind my gears for this tiny truck! It's reliable yes. It looks good yes. But the constant shifting and bad mpg’s really make me not like this truck.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

2017 TRD OFF Road - 4x4 - 20000 miles. Very Unhappy with this truck. Bought it on the premise of "Toyota" reliability, performance and etc... so here's my complaints: 1.) Gas Mileage is NOT as advertised. Toyota advertises around 20 - 24 MPG highway and 15 -17 city. I get 15-17 anywhere. 2.) Transmission is squirrely and downshifts at the slightest blow of wind or change of road incline. Not stable on highway - yes it has the new updated software version. 3.) Too many goofy safety features, bells, whistles and other "deterrent" things to capture one's attention away from the fact that it just doesn't have the goods to compete with real trucks. 4.) Easily markable/scratchable plastic - seems like the interior plastic is a from the lowest bidder. 5.) Roof rack - nope. Try again Toyota. Just get a fixed metal rack and dump the cheap "plastic" ideas.

6.) Rear transaxle noise. I often hear a "clunking" from the rear axle/differential when slowing down to a stop or accelerating. Seems like the drive train is either trying to catch up with the engine or dropping the load. 7.) Toyota service centers - will not listen to customers. I tell them of these issues and all they do is respond with what seems a pre-printed response and dismiss the issue and customer. I have been a Mechanic for 20+ years - I think I know what I am talking about. 8.) Gas pedal/er... potentiometer - not that responsive - sometimes you get nothing until you depress it halfway down then the engine revs to the higher Tach band. Just stick with a cable.

9.) Towing MPG literally... SUCK! I bought a 5x8 trailer and pulled it back from the deal, Empty - I got 11 MPG. Overall... Car sells for around $38,000 and in my opinion this squeaky cheap plastic truck is not worth over $25,000. Save yourself the time, hassle, disappointments and just get a V8 or diesel Chevy/Ford/Dodge Truck. As soon as I can - I will be selling this thing.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Beware!!! Majority of 2012 Tacomas have defective air injection valve and pump assembly. The manufacturing defect allows moisture into these units and disables your vehicle! Toyota initiated a recall for these items in Tundras but has not done so with the Tacomas. It may have been covered under the warranty (64,000 miles on the truck) except Toyota hides behind the "water intrusion" exclusion to avoid honoring the warranty. Now wait for it... The cost to replace these parts is over $2,000. Understandably we were shocked. We were advised by the service manager at our Erie Pa. dealership to contact Toyota directly since we have owned 9 Toyotas over 2 decades. He felt they may reimburse us at least part of the cost due to customer loyalty. Don't bother contacting the "customer experience" line. No help with the bill. ZERO. The dealership did offer a free oil change and detailing.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

We bought a 2017 Toyota Tacoma truck in Feb. and it has been nothing but a headache. After having it a few weeks my husband realized there was a severe deformity in the driver's side door panel, they had to order a new panel and after 2 trips out there. (approximately 50 miles round trip) They fixed it, or so we thought. It was fixed incorrectly so we had to go back out so they could repair what was forgotten. Then there was a recall because of a leak issue in the rear differential. Now a few months later there is an issue with the dash.

We dropped our truck off to have this issue fixed on a Saturday and we were told it would take only 4 hrs to fix. Later that evening they called and told us it would be a few days that they had to order parts. Tuesday morning we received a call saying our truck was ready. My husband went to pick up the truck that was to be repaired and it was not performed up to what I figured Toyota standards were. The dash was NOT attached, the shift was not fastened down and we now have grease on a seat. Now once again we are having to bring in the truck back in so they can fix what they half fixed last week.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

One the years I purchased over 12 trucks from Toyota and the 2006 rusted apart on the frame. Holes and I have photos so bad I was instructed not to drive, never pull anything as it may bread in half. I did not obtain a recall so had to file the forms as part of a lawsuit. This was one of two trucks Tacoma's I filled on and this one is the only one with major rust. Now I have learned Toyota has no record and due to this getting hosed again by them. Will no longer purchased any Toyota and have moved to Honda for trucks and waiting for the new Ranger. Toyota has had this rust problem as far back as 1998 and it continues. Just check layered frames that don't last.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Tacoma 2017 4x4 off-road is not really off road worthy due to the fact that the front bumper valance gets ripped off when driving through a foot deep of water and your license plate comes off together with it because it's mounted on the valance itself.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Toyota makes a wonderful vehicle. This Tacoma is my 7th Toyota, however dealer service is terrible. I was promised weather tech mats and a remote starter. Dealer never came through after repeated attempts. My bad for not pursuing. Do not get the clear coat. Expensive waste of money. Salesman was a big bag of wind.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I bought a 2017 Tacoma less than 1 year ago. It has been sitting at the dealer for over 4 months now on a differential recall, Supposedly because of no parts available. Yet they continue to build and sell new trucks with the parts that supposedly aren't available. They are no help when you call corporate. The dealer will not return my calls. I will do all I can to persuade people to not buy a Toyota product.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I get good mileage. The truck (Tacoma) fits me. I can haul a 10,000 pound tractor with trailer. The only problem is the left front fender extinction fell off. It was held by plastic clips.

Original review: June 19, 2017

Purchased a 2004 Toyota Tacoma with 125,000 miles. The entire truck is in perfect shape except for the rusted frame. The frame is rusted completely through to the point that it is not safe to drive. Took the truck to the dealership and was told they couldn't work on it due to the severity of the rust. When I contacted Toyota about the issue they said their "extended service program" had already expired and there was nothing they could do, that I would be responsible for replacing the frame. I'm supposed to replace a bad frame that you put under there? No way. The case workers that I spoke to were very rude with no regard whatsoever to the money I had lost on their worthless product much less my safety that was put at risk driving their product with the faulty frame that they used. I will never buy a Toyota product again. If I could have given them 0 stars I would have.

Original review: May 14, 2017

Purchased a new 2004 Tacoma 4wd regular cab with 15 miles off the lot. I was super excited because it was my first new vehicle and payment that I was able to cover and still eat more than Ramen on a weekly basis. In 2007, I believe, is when my excitement turned to frustration and disappointment at which point I decided learning the art of patience, as I could see directly through the smokescreens and lip service I was fed and would continued to be fed until the present day. I got the "recall" notice for rust and frame damage at which I could have the vehicle inspected and if it met the criteria, it would be replaced (the frame). I was told and have documentation from numerous dealings that my truck would now have an extended 15-year warranty on the frame, as well as I could have it inspected as many times as requested as well as a nice, gooey tar substance be applied.

I dealt with the same issue years earlier as my sister had a Tacoma that didn't pass the "hammer test" and literally it went through the frame like butter. She was promptly given settlement for 1.5 times the KBB value and got a check from TMC in the mail. So, I knew I could never be as lucky as she was with a fast resolution. So I took it in for inspection #1... it passed of course and sure, at that point I agreed. Nothing terrible yet however signs of rust acceleration were obvious, and not your normal surface rust. This was different. So I got the gooey tar put on and it was a mess.

About 3 months later, it had come off. I asked the shop manager why this coating was so fast to disappear and the answer I got was, "The coating was meant to just cover up any perforations and strengthen the frame." I wasn't too sure that made sense but I took the service manager at his word. He actually told me to check periodically to see if there were any improvements in the visibility of surface rust or perforations. Ok, whatever. I didn't know rust improved so I learned something new that day. Yea, I learned that I needed to research exactly the wording of this "criteria" and "protocols" and find out the difference in a legal "recall" and a voluntary maintenance program.

In between these months of research, I also got a "recall" for the spare tire carrier being faulty or rusty or it could fly off in midair. I don't know. I just added it to the list. What I did find out and to make this a bit shorter of a sob story is this... If Toyota issued a legal "recall", they would be required to take every single frame in w/o a single question of inspection or coating and simply replace, period. Think on it... You see a ice cream recall on tv, do you turn in some of it, take some chances by keeping some. No, it's a complete action with no chances left to cause further harm. Ya know, if you think about it, it's actually very sly and crafty on the behalf of Toyota lawyers and they knew exactly what to do because they had been through this in the past and were definitely ahead of the game.

So, if they went ahead and offer the owners of those model years an extended service plan or warranty for 15 years, it looks like they are being wonderful to the clients and so caring... but here is the catch. By doing that and having no clue as to what we were accepting or what options we even had or gave up, we lost the opportunity of a straight buyback (like my sister got). I saw where the buyback was past the deadline and of the 3 times I had inspections I was never once advised, offered or one single mention of that being available. I only heard of it when I got notice saying that buyback program is dead! Ok, I get it... One point for Toyota. Nice move guys. You lost your ** in the past so you are making assurances to have that not repeat. I was very upset.

Then with any inspections I have, they always meet criteria and protocols for these perforations. But the rust is accelerating each and every time, ruining full muffler systems, my rotors, pads, O2 sensor, springs... I mean every damn piece underneath is totally rusted and obviously so due to the subpar steel and lack of effectiveness on this bs spray they used. As time goes on I realize the 2nd part of the "recall" and it's so very clear from day one I just can't believe that anyone in charge of a class action suit wasn't able to see exactly what was happening.

Let me put it out there and help if I'm wrong; If a company offers a voluntary service program that includes an extension of warranty on an item that could otherwise be legally recalled, the company has then taken away any admissions of wrongdoing and when offering up a resolution before a legal recall was put into effect, even when a class action suit is brought, heard and settled... it takes or allows that company to still not admit or show any fault or wrongdoing but, they are willing to settle a issue which to anyone with common sense is logically saying they have done something wrong and IS an admission of fault.

The kicker to this is the voluntary service for 15 yrs. They were able to write their own criteria and protocols, in-house and accept no outside, independent inspections as valid. I personally had 3 independent mechanics document the vehicle as not roadworthy and show I have replaced numerous systems and parts due to accelerated rust issue. I asked numerous times for their criteria used in determining my passing grade and was never obliged. Also, the most obvious part of the whole thing is that since 2007 until now, 2017, I have the exact same Tacoma I bought new and is part of their 15 yr program. Sorry. The obvious part I was getting to was this... I am willing to bet the farm that when the program began there was a memo saying to deny, deny, deny unless the frame was literally chunking off in the floor. Who would ever be so patient and continue to wait year after year and pay for repairs on a rust bucket, nobody right?

They, as in Toyota, figured over the 15 yrs they could build up a nice little coffer and if anybody was lucky enough to get a class action or actually have the nerve to stick with it and fight, they would be more than prepared this time. No way they would take a hit like previous years and guess what, they have succeeded. I've waited all these years and still have until 2022, apparently, until my extended 15 yrs is up. Now what do I do, I've been lied to, denied, told one thing then another and somehow every time I inquire about my rights and what is owed to me... I'm the bad guy. I see a settlement in 4/27/17 and how receipts can be sent in with documentations, etc. I guarantee that turns into a huge hassle and more red tape.

It's a joke that corporate big boys can just walk over people and it's a real shame that this whole voluntary program is so transparent and was conceived not to help the customer but to benefit the company not take more losses. I just can't understand how it's not obvious to a lot more people. So I will send in my receipts and numerous documents and keep you posted on the speedy reimbursement or the further delay I am forced to endure. Learning the art of patience was important in this dealing and I hope nobody else has to go through a obstacle course like I am enduring. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

I would like to say how much I understand how people feel when they buy a car or truck that is a lemon. I have had this with Ford and GM. Fortunately for me, we now own our third Toyota and until they sell me a piece of crap I will continue to buy them. Our 2004 Corolla was traded in at 330000 kms and it barely had any problems... a black box and fuel pump under warranty and extended warranty and recall. My 2013 Taco has 92000 on it and just one parking brake cable under warranty. I can assure you that my Tacoma is the best truck I have ever owned and I drive the crap out of it because I have extended warranty and I am putting the automaker Toyota to the test. The dealer where I live in Brantford is absolutely one of the most honest and willing to help the customer. They actually measure the brake pads and tell you how your brakes look... amazing. Brantford Toyota is one awesome dealer.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Tried to have my '06 Tacoma inspected. The frame is rusted through - this is the first I've known about it or the overall problem. Called Toyota and they said that service was discontinued March of 2016. Thanks Toyota. I guess I'm out of luck and out of a truck. 10 years, 130,000 miles.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I can say that I've been approved for the recall for my 2005 frame. They said 6 month wait and deemed it safe to drive. Now going on 10 months, I called once a month with no answers to when they will get one in for my specific year seeing it's different after 07. During this time, my motor mount rotted off and destroyed my hood and the remaining motor mount. I called Toyota directly and said, "Sorry..." Long story short I patched it up myself to keep driving because I'm not eating a crazy rental bill. So that was month 7.

Next and most recent, I was driving on 95 and had my passenger side rear leaf spring fall out or break, causing quarter panel damage, sheared my e-brake cable and brake line. This is my first and last Toyota. Back to Chevrolet as soon as they fix this thing deemed safe to drive by my local dealership. Update!!! My state inspection expired and will not pass, so not I have to forfeit my plates to the DMV before they suspend my license. Thank you Toyota...

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

Yesterday I received news that my 2005 Toyota Tacoma frame was corroded to the point it won't pass inspection; the catch is I had the CRC treatment completed two years ago based on the limited recall. At the time I thought it was great that Toyota was fixing or replacing frames. After all, this was the second Tacoma I owned that had frame issues (first was my 2001 Tacoma). If I knew then what I know now, I would have pushed to have the frame replaced, or better yet I would have just gotten rid of it. I now have a well maintained truck that could run for another ten years, but is rotting from the inside out. A worthless, but otherwise good looking truck.

Toyota's answer? "Sorry the limited recall period has expired." Doesn't seem to matter that an inspection was performed during the period. Doesn't seem to matter that Toyota's fix for the issue failed to work; the CRC coating is falling off my truck because of the rust that was under the treatment. Seems to me if Toyota identifies an issue, the recall should actually fix the issue; not simply cover it with a band aid and then assuring me the issue was resolved when clearly it was not. A fix that doesn't actually fix an issue is a scam. Toyota should be ashamed of itself, this is simply disgraceful. I bought a Toyota because of its reliability, durability, and retained overall value. My expectation was that it would last as long as I was willing to keep it. Instead, I've been burned twice by frame issues. Never again Toyota. Buyer beware.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

I find many of these negative complaints laughable. People cause their own problems or do not follow instructions or use common sense. Then they get screwed and blame the vehicle or company. I have a 2007 Toyota Tacoma. In spite of some issues, it's still the best truck I've owned especially after several Fords one of which caught fire. My truck is now 10 years old with about 120/K miles. Until recently I've not had any major issues. Just an exhaust shield that came loose and a gas recirculation valve that went bad. In the summer of 2015 I was reading about the leaf springs issue. I checked my springs and they were sagging and one had a small crack. At the time Toyota was not recalling the trucks for these. I ordered a pair of heavy duty springs and U bolts and installed them myself holding on to the original receipts.

Because I live in a snow belt state and not someplace like Alabama, I received the frame recall notice. I took the truck in for a belt replacement and asked them to check the frame under the recall. The frame was rusted some but they would apply a rust prohibitor. I had to schedule that as it was a several day process. They supplied a rental car free of charge. The truck was done on time. They spray a rubber like coating on accessible parts of the frame. They do not take anything off other than the wheels, or attempt to get into tight spaces. A few months ago I got a notice for the leaf springs recall. They finally decided to do a recall on them. I was able to send in my receipts and was paid in full for my costs of replacing them myself.

Currently I am ready for a service interval and will be having the auto-transmission fluid flushed and radiator flushed. I cannot lower my spare as the hoist mechanism is rusted. This requires cutting the cable to remove the tire and removing the bed liner. I do not have the tools to do this so the dealer will get the job. My Tire Pressure Monitoring System is also giving me a light. This can be my fault as I may have gotten the TPMS computer locked into loop mode by pressing the reset button at the wrong time. It may be the 10 year battery death which is common to all wheel stem transmitters. It's all part of maintenance. Overall I like the truck, it runs very well, shifts well, looks great and handles well. I will keep an eye on the underside as rust seems to be an issue on some components. If I were not retiring soon I would trade up to a new one.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

My 2006 Toyota Tacoma was recalled for the leaf spring issue. I took the truck to the dealer which confirmed parts were damaged and need to be changed and I was told to wait because parts are back ordered. That was about 2 months ago and when I check with Toyota they say to keep waiting. BTW, the leaf springs are available from several sellers. I think Toyota is dragging their feet and maybe they don't want to fix these issues, only create a record that they are "working on it". There is another recall that I am still waiting for a solution, regarding frame rust. I received letters saying Toyota was working on a fix, that was more than a year ago.

Original review: July 22, 2016

At 150,000 miles frame was checked by dealer. We were informed frame intact. At 160,000 miles rear differential, springs, shocks broke free. Neither dealer nor Toyota corporate would even acknowledge there is a safety issue with their Tacoma trucks. Surf the internet and see how many others have this same safety issue. The Federal Government, National Highway Safety Administration, Dept Of Justice, et al should be holding Toyota Corporate liable to all owners of these seriously unsafe vehicles. Please flood the internet with your own experiences with this total disregard for owners safety.

Original review: July 8, 2016

After reading other reviews it's clear that I'm one of many thousands. Our 2006 Tacoma suddenly started driving poorly. We took it to the dealer knowing already that we had missed a recall on the frame, and sadly it was shot. We got $500 for a 10-year-old truck with about 110K miles on it. I was real happy with the truck until then, but we won't buy another. At least it didn't kill us.

Original review: June 28, 2016

Driving my 1998 Tacoma Toyota truck at 65 mph and heard a click. Drove home at a crawl and found the frame had cracked completely through. There was only 56,000 miles on the truck. Toyota provided me with an in depth response indicating that a recall was sent to me. I never received a recall! The response can easily be quoted as "We are very concerned of the quality of our product, please go pound sand!" I scraped the truck at a loss of $3,000. Most importantly I do not trust Toyota with the safety of my family!

Toyota Tacoma Company Information