2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.93/5

The Toyota Avalon is a mid-size car. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Toyota Avalon Reviews

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

It's hard to put into words how much fun driving the Avalon is, especially in Arizona. The power, smooth handling, and fuel efficiency makes the daily commute much more bearable. I never worry about whether I'll get to my destination.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I bought my First Toyota about 4 years ago. I had never owned a Toyota of any kind before that. It is a pleasure to drive and although it is older now (an 05) I enjoy it so much that I want to keep it a few more years. It handles great and I have not had any major issues with it other than the brake light switch going out on me. This car has made me a firm believer in the Toyota brand of cars.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I love my car, but if I were the designer, I would work on cabin noise and put on a rear windshield wiper. Also, the blue-tooth speaker has all but gone out and the auto locks have been unpredictable for the last 20K miles. My car isn't even 5 years old. Toyota's warranty only covered it for 30K and was never asked about extending it, other than at the initial time of purchase. I do love the body style and leather interior, and the power. Hasn't needed anything else except maintenance.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

My Toyota Avalon XLS is 14 years old now and has been garage kept. It has 64,000 Miles on it so not driven a great deal. Around town and on the Highway. It has given me no mechanical troubles to date. It runs very well and the only thing that needs to be replaced are the speakers in the JBL sound System that have rotted away and become blown because of time and temperature changes that occur even inside of a Garage in Florida.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Wonderful auto. Has many features (except backup camera). Fuel economy is great for this size of auto (23 city, 29-32 highway). Also, low maintenance costs (hasn't required any major work--rotors, etc.).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Avalon?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

My 2013 Avalon has about 66,000 miles. We are experiencing interior issues, the headliner is falling down, the middle console is cracked, the rims for cup holders are peeling off and the foil on the dashboard that we thought was chrome is also coming off. Service department and Toyota are not going to fix. We have owned multiple Toyota's since 1977 and this may be our last.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I financed a 2011 Toyota Avalon. All the paint is peeling off of the roof. TOYOTA HAS THOUSANDS OF COMPLAINTS OF THE SAME ISSUES AND WILL NOT DO ANYTHING. There are strength in numbers. Toyota can't own up to their responsibility to fix this for the consumer. STOP BUYING TOYOTAS! Found out Toyota several years back, found a cheaper company to do paint and now the consumer gets to pay for it while Toyota sits back as a billion dollar company!

Original review: June 21, 2018

I didnt have that much experience with the 2006 Avalon until I went to buy the car. I loved the size of the car, and the price. It was easy to make a appointment so that I was in and out of dealership as quickly as possible. I also like the mileage on the car and the services that were offered free. I was able to get it financed quickly without problems. It even had original floor mats that were not used and it only had one owner. Also, the vehicle is the right size and it has a huge trunk for when I travel out of town.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Had this 2006 Toyota Avalon since it had less than 75 miles on it and the only issue we have had with it was I failed to take it in for a recall and an oil tube broke. My fault. The other issue was a broken trunk spring, other than that it has been nothing but oil changes, tires and routine maintenance. It has been a great car.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Toyota Avalon Hybrid - outstanding comfort, appearance, safety, and performance. Gas mileage is amazing up to 500 miles on a fill up. The rear seats are as comfortable as the front seats and with the same controls.

Toyota Avalon Company Information