2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.76/5

The Toyota Avalon is a mid-size car. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Toyota Avalon Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Avalon?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Avalon?

Original review: May 5, 2018

Car is very reliable and economical to drive. The trunk space is unbelievable. After driving a BMW, Jaguar and Lexus, I am convinced the Avalon is a great value.

Original review: May 4, 2018

We bought the Avalon in 2004. It has been our "over the road" (long distance) car since; occasionally used around town, but not much. Only routine maintenance, no major repair. Very roomy, comfortable, handles beautifully on highway. Best car we have ever owned.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Near 200,000 miles and still runs strong. The only things this Toyota Avalon has needed to date are tires and brakes (pads). If I could afford this year's model I would buy one again before most others. It has been a great car with plenty of room and runs better than most V8s.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I have a 1998 Toyota Avalon. A great car! Only thing I need is a new radio. Very quiet ride and good mpg. Has 195,000 miles on it. Had the engine cleaned and runs great!

Original review: April 27, 2018

Toyota Avalon 2006 is an excellent choice. It's built on a Lexus platform. It's the best car I've owned and still going strong at 123,000 miles. Highly recommend an Avalon.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Riding in the rear right hand seat of my girlfriend's parents 2017 Toyota Avalon we rounded a sharp corner. I grabbed the grab handle and it dislodged, hitting me In the face, scratching my glasses and leaving me with a black eye. The handle was attached with cheap clips rather than bolts like most cars.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I purchased my 2015 Toyota Avalon new in 2015. I am more than happy with the car. It came with Toyota Cares free maintenance for two years and the dealership I purchased from extended this free maintenance for four years. My car has yet to have any issues. It now has 27,000 miles on it. I know friends who purchased new cars at the same time and their cars have been in the garage several times for issues. The Avalon is comfortable, roomy, powerful, and has a super large trunk. I have driven the Toyota Camry before this model but I will be buying the Avalon in the future. I love this car!

Original review: May 1, 2017

My wife drives this car 90% of the time without a passenger. She puts her purse on the passenger seat and the seat moves so much the contents of her purse rattle and when you encounter rough roads the seat back rattles at the base. I rode in 4 different Avalon's and the all have this condition, maybe not as bad as my wife's but it is there. I you go to but one of these cars, make sure no one is in the passenger seat and watch how much the seat back moves. It will move over an inch from side to side. The long term effects of this are unknown. The dealer and regional tech line informed me "this in inherent to the Avalon" and do not have any repair actions to remedy this condition. Buyer Beware. I am looking for a replacement for our top of the line 2016 Avalon Limited.

Original review: March 19, 2017

Paint started peeling just under 5 years old. Started on edge around the gas cap door. Next began a bubble between the windshield and the sunroof (now 10" diameter of peeled paint). There is a 4" long section of peeled paint by rear window on driver's side. Peeling is on both edges off roof panel and edges on each side of the body by the trunk lid. There is even peeling on the underside of the hood closest to the windshield of the car. This is clearly failed adhesion of paint to primer as described by two professional automotive painters that have looked at this first hand as well. Love the car, hate the paint that I paid extra for the White Diamond color. Poor rating reflects my opinion of the paint job only.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

I had a 2002 Toyota Camry. That was the best riding car. I could ride through rain, sleet, and snow with it. Since my experience was good I wanted to stick with Toyota something that I was familiar with but wanted to buy a new car and upgrade. I upgraded to the Avalon. Worse mistake in the world. 2014 Avalon is the worse driving car, the radio and the sound system sucks. I will be getting rid of this car in a few months. Very disappointed.

Toyota Avalon Company Information