3.99/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Toyota Camry

The Toyota Camry started out as a compact car, but more recent models are mdi-size. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Toyota Camry Reviews

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I ordered my XSE in the spring of 2018- It arrived in August of 2018. (Silver with black accents.) My car has every option available--over the past 18 months, it has been repaired 20+ times. Navigation failures. Transmission issues. AC/Heating issues. Heated seats not working. Literally the word CAMRY was falling off. Vents falling off. Vents whistling when fan is engaged. Car has gaps throughout the body. Staples sticking out on the floor. Roof leaked. Sensors leak water. Never would I recommend this car to anyone. Horrible car-worse experience with Toyota and the dealer.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I’ve purchased a new 2017 Toyota Camry in 2017. Since I’ve had many electrical issues, mechanical issues, and customer service issues. 3 times at 3 different locations have either refused, turned me away or charged me for service that was covered under warranty. I would not recommend any Toyota service dealership to have any work done on any type of vehicle. I’ve tried to contact Toyota customer care # and was on hold over 45 minutes and hung up. This is not customer service. This is take your money and screw you. I want my vehicle fixed and nothing is being done. This is absolutely ridiculous. Toyota as I thought were great vehicles. I must have got a lemon or someone turned it into a lemon after I purchased it.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

My check engine light on my 2012 Toyota Camry SE and I took it to local dealer 5 different times when THEY FINALLY TOLD ME it was a CHARCOAL CANISTER PROBLEM which would result from over filling gas tank which sounded like THE BUCK to ME and so I said, "Isn't that a defect and shouldn't there be a recall on it?" And they said THERE USED to BE BUT NO LONGER. I asked if it's a defect, how can it expire and so they said they didn't know. I tried to contact Toyota on line and got no response. I am therefore asking you to contact Toyota and see how a defect on recall can be canceled. Thank you, your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Toyota treats its customers like dust!!! I purchased a Camry 2009 and had its dashboard melted for many years as my attached picture. I have recently been at a dealership and brought it to their attention. The agent told me that the dashboard of my Camry is found malfunction and recalled. However, it passed the recall deadline few months. I contacted to Toyota many times to present my case. Toyota keep telling me it sent two mails to me in regards to the recall and refuse to replace it with the same reason that it passed the deadline regardless that I repeatedly told them I did not receive its mails. I am surprised about the way such a big company treated their customers. I feel Toyota issued the recall to avoid a lawsuit more than to serve its customers better.

IF THE DASHBOARD IS NOT MALFUNCTION, I DON'T NEED TO GO THROUGH THIS WHOLE PROCEDURE, AND THERE IS NO DEADLINE TO MISS. It is Toyota fault as the first place, not its customers. My dashboard was recalled and it sent me two mails asking me to bring it in for service. So it does not matter when I bring it in. Is there a way to file a lawsuit for the malfunction of the dashboard and Toyota failed to inform its customer? If anyone know how to do it, please let me know.

Original review: July 25, 2019

On Sunday, July 21st, I went to NTB to have them check my oil because my oil light came on; when your oil light comes on, you know there’s an issue especially when you’re always on top of your oil changes. Luckily for me (at the time), there was a former Toyota associate present who remembered an issue that some Toyotas were having related to an oil consumption issue. This issue was causing an overconsumption of oil which resulted in quicker oil changes among other issues that could be detrimental to the overall life span of the car.

I own a 2009 Toyota Camry. I love my car so you can imagine my horror anytime something like this jeopardizes her overall health. At any rate, I contacted Nalley Toyota the same day regarding the issue but the service department was closed. I opted to leave a message. Two days later, Reid **, an Assistant Service Manager, called me back. When we spoke, I asked him about the oil consumption issue and provided him with my VIN. His initial response was that my car didn’t fall under the list of impacted vehicles. Once I pressed a little harder about the issue, all of a sudden he was able to confirm that my car was impacted by the oil consumption issue. We made plans for me to bring the car in 7/24 (one day after our talk). I arrived and we spoke about the issue. I gave him my keys and my car was taken to have an oil consumption test.

I went to the waiting area, watched a full hour-long TV show and then Reid came and tapped me on the shoulder. “I have some not so good news,” he said. Turns out, my car didn’t qualify because the warranty for the issue expired 11/2018. For starters, why didn’t he know this when he spoke to me the day before? Why did I have to take a day off to handle an issue, only to be told that my car didn’t qualify. Please keep in mind, I only found out 7/21/19 and had the associate at NTB not told me, I still wouldn’t know.

I asked Reid to contact his corporate office regarding the matter and they eventually told him that since the issue was no longer under warranty, nothing could be done. So you mean to tell me that I have to either pay to have this fixed ($3,000+) or I can just deal with it? I asked Reid what options I had and aside from suggesting that I get oil changes every 3,000 miles (vs 5,000), he had the audacity to tell me that I could sell the car. Who says that!?!? Bottom line – Reid was about as helpful as a flashlight in the daytime. And it was a total failure of customer service and clearly the model that the company as a whole follows. There’s nothing worse than being told, there’s nothing we can do. No exceptions, nothing. That’s a horrific business model.

I need to understand why Toyota is selling crappy cars. I need to understand why no one actually told me about the recall. I never received a single correspondence in the mail regarding this matter. Because if I did, I would have had it fixed immediately especially since it involves my car’s heartbeat aka engine. This issue may have been recognized in 2015 according to the documentation that NTB gave me and if that’s the case, you mean to tell me that in 4 years, no one said anything to me? It’s odd… My last car was a 1997 Camry and it literally died on me while driving to work. The cause: a locked engine due to an oil issue with the engine. Are you seeing the pattern here? I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a recall on that car’s engine too.

It sucks that a company like Toyota continues to build crappy cars/engines. It sucks even more that consumer loyalty and respect don’t play roles in this matter. There’s no way in hell I should have NOT KNOWN about this issue. I want my car fixed and I should not have to pay for it. This is a Toyota issue; not my issue. And the fact that they so easily dismiss customers is appalling. I need to know who dropped the ball on this and I want my engine fixed. Update: I sent this same email to Toyota’s corporate customer service team. They did not address a single one of my concerns; opting to simply say “no, final answer.” What a joke!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Camry?

Original review: July 17, 2019

My wife was driving her 2010 Toyota Camry when the driver's side sun visor dropped down and wouldn't stay in the upright position. I called Toyota as I noticed in the complaint dept. this was an ongoing problem. The associate who attempted to take care of my complaint said that Toyota had a warranty extension but it wasn't a factory recall. I asked her why I wasn't notified and she checked and found out it was sent to the previous owner instead of me. How could I possibly know of this warranty extension if it was sent to the wrong person. I feel Toyota should be responsible for the cost to fix it because it was their error.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Toyota Camry not keeping oil in the motor. Went online and found out that they had notified people and the treatment expired 2016. I have never received anything about this. Call them and they said that I can’t do nothing they can’t do nothing about it.

Original review: May 25, 2019

Dear Toyota, As a loyal Toyota customer, I just purchased a 2019 Camry (this being my 4th Camry). I found that the seats are designed too low to the ground, making it difficult to get in and out. Further, if you raise the seat, it reduces the clearance of seat to roof, making it harder to squeeze in. Also, most of the "pockets for storage" grossly lacking. Because of this design flaw, or miscalculation, the wife and I will be switching to another reputable brand in a year or two.

Original review: May 14, 2019

We negotiated the purchase of a 2018 Camry LE. We were looking for a stand alone GPS system, back up camera etc. The day of delivery we were shocked to find out the vehicle's GPS system is dependent upon the owner having a smart phone. The GPS system is not a stand alone system. We downloaded the Toyota Entune app and the Scout GPS app but found out right away this system is very unreliable and doesn't work half the time. We protested the same day but found out that Toyota does not have a return policy, so you're stuck with the new ride once you take delivery. We have to throw our old, but very trustworthy Garmin dash mount GPS on the dash when we want dependable navigation. We protested this directly to Toyota, but of course never received a reply. The vehicle itself is excellent, but Toyota definitely needs to ditch the app dependent GPS and go with a stand alone GPS in the future.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I contacted the 800 number for Toyota to open a case concerning the dashboard in my 2009 Toyota Camry which had a recall that EXPIRED in 2018. The dashboard is extremely sticky and I can't even put a sun shield in the windshield. They refused to cover it. If you notice there is a ton of their cars on the road so they must be doing very well.

Toyota Camry Company Information