2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

4.0/5 (618 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Toyota Camry

The Toyota Camry started out as a compact car, but more recent models are mdi-size. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Toyota Camry Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Camry?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Camry?

Original review: April 13, 2021

Purchased new 2021 Camry XSE in late December 2020. I ran my new car through our local car wash and was very surprised when all of the front collision sensors starting alarming visually with audible alarms. On my next visit to the car wash I disabled all of the collision safety features, but once again all of the front collision sensors alarmed when the car was in neutral, still running and being pushed through the car wash. I contacted the dealer service department, but they had no idea how to disable the front collision sensors so that they would not alarm with the transmission in neutral and being run through the car wash. I even called Toyota Customer Service several times on the last few months, but no one at Toyota has taken responsibility to issue a software update to fix this problem. This is very poor customer support and not what I expected from Toyota.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I have owned my 2020 Camry for about a year and the Remote Start has barely worked. Finally got it fixed today (supposedly) after taking it to the dealer 3 times before. My remote connect trial expires next week and after calling customer service they were only willing to extend it for 6 months. This is unacceptable given my troubles and experience with it these past 12 months. I will never buy another Toyota vehicle again after realizing they won’t stand behind their products!

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I purchased a new 2019 Toyota Camry LE and I noticed that the steering wheel’s seam was rough. This appears to be a manufacturing defect because I have owned several Toyota vehicles over the years, but none of them had this issue. It is as though the seam was never buffed down, so there is a rough edge. When I took the car in to the dealership for its 5,000 mile service recently, I told the service department about the issue. They checked it out and told me that they compared the steering wheel with another Camry, and it had the exact same feel with the seam, so it was not a defect and they could not do anything about it. If two Camrys have the same issue, this indicates that it is a manufacturing defect and should be corrected. It is a minor issue, but annoying.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

Toyota claims to provide a very high quality product. IMO, that should include quality of service. For example, Honda promised they would replace my key and give a new key in two hours and they did it in 90 minutes. Let us take Toyota. My Camry showed tire pressure light. I had taken it to Toyota Sunnyvale dealership. They said tire may have a nail and it would take one or two hours. I have waited for 2 hours at their dealership. There was no call. So I have called them after two hours. They said it would take another hour. Waited for an hour. Still there is no call. I have walked to the service area. Paper work was waiting at the service desk.

When I told them I have been waiting for 3 hours, then they started working on removing the nail and they told me it would take 45 minutes. So I have waited in the service area for another hour (it is already close to 4 hours). Then I walked to the service area (and I had a knee surgery recently, I didn't have lunch). Then they brought the vehicle. So much difference in quality of service between Honda and Toyota. I have never experienced such an inconsiderate company or dealership. Really bad quality of service on Toyota part. They should learn from Honda dealerships (I am not saying learn from Mercedes or BMW or high end cars).

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I use my left foot to accelerate, and the right to brake. The e-brake location is typically located to the far left. It instead is located near and above the brake pedal making it tricky to use quickly in an emergency situation. You end up using the wrong pedal to stop.... Usually you crash while fumbling to find the correct pedal. Move the e-brake pedal to the far left as with other passenger cars in North America.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

Nearly two years ago I bought a 2019 Toyota Camry SE right off the lot. For the first few months I adored the car, but after I hit around the 2k mile mark, the Camry's throttle response became glaringly dangerous. Upon slowing down and then trying to get back up to speed, the Camry's throttle response is severely lagging which causes a strong buck of the car- it literally lunges forward, even with the slightest tap of the gas pedal. I’ve taken the vehicle to multiple dealerships to see if there’s a problem and every time their response is “your car is fine, and it’s acting within normal Toyota specs”.

After receiving very little help from dealerships, I decided to contact Toyota corporate. I filed a claim with the company but they kept making my claim into something it wasn’t, and they kept trying to twist the reason for the claim. Finally, I just decided to pull the claim. Driving this Camry is dangerous as it’s very hard to predict when the transmission and throttle will decide to act up. Sadly due to my finances in this Covid pandemic, I’m stuck with a car that’s only objective seems to be to kill me.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

BUYER BEWARE! Toyota is making cars with a melting dashboard!! They “extended the warranty” but that extension is no longer available leaving thousands of customers with a sticky mess! They will not stand behind their cars or help loyal customers fix the problem! PLEASE! PLEASE! Purchase another brand! DO NOT SUPPORT THIS COMPANY!!

Original review: March 9, 2020

I am a loyal client since 1996, I have buy three cars for Toyota, my 2012 was OK but I decided to buy my Toyota Camry 2019 because I cannot use my cell anymore and I work making visits to my patients, then I would need the GPS incorporated in my car screen. Also I used to have a collection of CD's that I cannot find on the web. MY NEW CAR DIDN'T HAVE CD PLAYER (My fault not to check it out before I leave the dealer) and the most disappointed thing: the gps doesn't work properly, it is difficult to set and has giving me several times wrong directions. The computer is not good!!!! Sometimes I find myself in danger on the freeway because the gps is not working well.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

Complaint about Toyota Camry 2019 quality. Front door applique flat back moulding and rear door applique flat black moulding. The parts listed above have melted from the sun. The warranty refuses to cover this issue. This is a brand new 2019 Camry and Toyota should stand up to support the quality of their products.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Bought a brand new 2019 XSE Camry. Love the car. Love the customer service. But we have a heating issue. Anything lower than minus 15 we find when the car comes to a idle at a stop sign it blows icy cold air through the defrost. So we took it back to the dealership only to find out after MANY tests... sent back and forth to the engineers at Toyota Canada that it failed paying the thermostat wasn't not working. They replaced the thermostat. We picked it up and lo and behold first stop sign it blew cold again.

After many more days at the dealership we are told that Toyota Canada engineers are ok with this problem and there's not much more at this time they can do to fix it... but was also told that toyota is opening a research into the problem as they are aware that lots of the 4 cyl Camry's are having this issue. So until they decide to or not to something about the issue we can only hope not to have any more cold weather cause you literally freeze inside the car!

Toyota Camry Company Information