4.0/5 (317 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Toyota Camry

The Toyota Camry started out as a compact car, but more recent models are mdi-size. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Toyota Camry Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Camry?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Camry?

Original review: April 12, 2022

Bought a car from Bosak in Indiana. Wanted to trade the car in for a different style. They offered 20000 less than I paid. (400 miles on it.) Tried to talk to them about this. Told me that was it. I will never buy a Toyota again. I plan on letting everyone that I know the same. My guess is cars are selling, They just don't care. Should of bought American.

Original review: March 8, 2022

My experience with the 2016 Toyota Camry has been wonderful. The engine is very strong and the car's overall reliability is unmatched compared with other brands. The car is approximately 6 years old and over 51 k miles while it still drives like day 1 since I've had it. It is made bulletproof in my opinion with really low maintenance cost. I have only done regular maintenance of the vehicle since I bought it and it has been solid for over 6 years. I look forward to driving it for many more years to come. I would definitely recommend buying this vehicle to everyone.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

In 2020 I have stopped for a snack in Northern Quebec Rest Area. Afterwards lock the keys in the trunk by mistake. A minute later the whole car lock itself. CAA was able to open the car but not the trunk. Toyota Roadside Assistance has sent a tow truck with instructions to call locksmith to open the trunk. Failing getting a locksmith to tow the car to Toyota Dealership in Val-d’Or. Being Sunday no locksmith was available and I had to wait in the car until Monday for the car technician to open the door. By that time I was without food and water and use of the rental car for approximately 24 hrs. Afterwards presented with an invoice for 3 hrs. labour. Other car manufacturers have the alarm set not to lock the car when keys are in it. Toyota has the same option but decided to alarm and lock the car and call that normal operation.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Monitor your oil! Most specials only add five quarts. My Camry calls for 6-7 if properly drained. Toyota failed to mention and I've been through hell finding oil leak that never was. The missing oil was only 5 quarts placed in.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I purchased a 2008 Toyota Camry many years ago. There is a defect with the dashboards that cause them to melt and get sticky. There are many articles online about this. The issue causes glare both in the evening when other vehicle lights shine and during the day when sunlight hits the dashboard. I was not notified about the recall and was told this was not covered by the extended warranty that expired two years ago. (They did not list the issue as a recall but as something to be repaired under the extended warranty.) Toyota on their commercials boasts about Safety. This is a real safety issue and Toyota covers themselves by putting under an extended warranty. There should a class action lawsuit or attorney generals investigating this and changing the laws on this matter. I would never buy a Toyota again.

Original review: April 13, 2021

Purchased new 2021 Camry XSE in late December 2020. I ran my new car through our local car wash and was very surprised when all of the front collision sensors starting alarming visually with audible alarms. On my next visit to the car wash I disabled all of the collision safety features, but once again all of the front collision sensors alarmed when the car was in neutral, still running and being pushed through the car wash. I contacted the dealer service department, but they had no idea how to disable the front collision sensors so that they would not alarm with the transmission in neutral and being run through the car wash. I even called Toyota Customer Service several times on the last few months, but no one at Toyota has taken responsibility to issue a software update to fix this problem. This is very poor customer support and not what I expected from Toyota.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I have owned my 2020 Camry for about a year and the Remote Start has barely worked. Finally got it fixed today (supposedly) after taking it to the dealer 3 times before. My remote connect trial expires next week and after calling customer service they were only willing to extend it for 6 months. This is unacceptable given my troubles and experience with it these past 12 months. I will never buy another Toyota vehicle again after realizing they won’t stand behind their products!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I purchased a new 2019 Toyota Camry LE and I noticed that the steering wheel’s seam was rough. This appears to be a manufacturing defect because I have owned several Toyota vehicles over the years, but none of them had this issue. It is as though the seam was never buffed down, so there is a rough edge. When I took the car in to the dealership for its 5,000 mile service recently, I told the service department about the issue. They checked it out and told me that they compared the steering wheel with another Camry, and it had the exact same feel with the seam, so it was not a defect and they could not do anything about it. If two Camrys have the same issue, this indicates that it is a manufacturing defect and should be corrected. It is a minor issue, but annoying.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

Toyota claims to provide a very high quality product. IMO, that should include quality of service. For example, Honda promised they would replace my key and give a new key in two hours and they did it in 90 minutes. Let us take Toyota. My Camry showed tire pressure light. I had taken it to Toyota Sunnyvale dealership. They said tire may have a nail and it would take one or two hours. I have waited for 2 hours at their dealership. There was no call. So I have called them after two hours. They said it would take another hour. Waited for an hour. Still there is no call. I have walked to the service area. Paper work was waiting at the service desk.

When I told them I have been waiting for 3 hours, then they started working on removing the nail and they told me it would take 45 minutes. So I have waited in the service area for another hour (it is already close to 4 hours). Then I walked to the service area (and I had a knee surgery recently, I didn't have lunch). Then they brought the vehicle. So much difference in quality of service between Honda and Toyota. I have never experienced such an inconsiderate company or dealership. Really bad quality of service on Toyota part. They should learn from Honda dealerships (I am not saying learn from Mercedes or BMW or high end cars).

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I use my left foot to accelerate, and the right to brake. The e-brake location is typically located to the far left. It instead is located near and above the brake pedal making it tricky to use quickly in an emergency situation. You end up using the wrong pedal to stop.... Usually you crash while fumbling to find the correct pedal. Move the e-brake pedal to the far left as with other passenger cars in North America.

Toyota Camry Company Information