Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.01/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

The Toyota Camry started out as a compact car, but more recent models are mdi-size. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Toyota Camry Reviews

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Best overall fuel economy (for a midsize car its really an excellent gas saver- 40 mpg in city driving), smooth driving, accelerates quickly with power and speed if needed (acceleration thrust almost feels like a 6 cylinder car but it is a 4 cylinder), maneuverability is nice, road traction feature for inclement weather, (nice turning radius), brakes are superb, best airbag protection from multiple angles throughout the car, terrific stereo sound system, nice factory installed alarm system, nice design exterior, factory tint on windows is just the right tone. It's a purchase you will not regret! Well worth the investment.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I've owned my current car, a Toyota Camry, since 2001. It is a most reliable, comfortable car, still stylish in my opinion. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that newer cars have. It does have cruise control, which is the only feature I feel need. I've never had any breakdowns in 18+ years of owning my Camry. I've driven Toyotas since 1979 and these results apply, not just to my Camry, but to the 2 Corollas I owned before. Should I decide to buy another vehicle in the future, I can assure you it will be Toyota. I've never had a desire for any other brand. It's important to be able to trust your transportation. I've watched friends and family buy other brands, only to consistently have problems, even with brand new vehicles.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

My 2003 Toyota Camry still get 30+ mpg and runs smoothly and comfortably. I have not spent a cent on it in over 3 years except for gas, oil/lube jobs, and insurance. The interior is getting a little worn, the rear speaker grill has disintegrated, the overhead lining is loose over the rear window and is tucked up, and the rear seat is stained from a grandchild dropping something, I would not fear driving it to Florida again. Great car!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I love all the safety features of the car, the fact that I only need to fill the gas tank once a week and that it is comfortable for me, even at 6'3". My only complaint is the GPS algorithm is worse I've seen. It will NOT provide the quickest route, even when specifying that this is the priority. It always wants you to drive on a major road, even when other good routes exist that are quicker.

Original review: March 31, 2019

We purchased the 2018 Camry XSE after test drives of various Toyota cars. We have 3 other Toyota’s from 2011, 2013 & 2017 but wanted a not sophisticated ride to go with our truck Venza and 86. Mileage and ride are better than expected or EPA rated but the care suffers from a couple of flaws. There is a decided lag of acceleration when in ECO mode and in city traffic it lends to some concern.

The other issue is a poorly designed set of covers on the undercarriage. These are plastic, not properly formed to the underbody and lead to the following issues: these panels have gaps at the leading edge that allow infiltration of foreign matter such as dirt, water, snow etc leading to the outside edge sagging and collecting even more grime. The outside 8 to 9 inch edge has no support so buildup is further allowed as a result. There are of course small drainage holes about the splash shield but they only compound the issue allowing water to escape making the mud congeal and harden. Toyota will tell you you have to replace the splash shield(s) at a cost of $265.00 per side, not so however.

Any competent body or repair shop can remove clean and reinstall any panel at a lesser charge with 10mm sockets and body fastener tools. Once clean the panel will be as good as new so long as it hasn’t dragged on the ground and caused voids or other damage. Our passenger side was sagging and had taken on enough grime to cause it to be bent. I reinstalled it after cleaning and used a heat gun to refit it to better conform to the underside of the car. These panels I was told by Toyota service techs were required to protect mechanical parts on the underside of the vehicle.

The only thing I found on the underside were factory installed posts to fasten the panel so I can assume these function as smoothing surfaces to enhance airflow rather than any beneficial protection. As with any auto repair shop get a more informed opinion and do some research before allowing work to be charged that should be warranted repair from poor design problems. This could have been a reoccurring $630.00 repair had it been my wife of another unsuspecting Camry owner.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Camry?

Original review: March 9, 2020

I am a loyal client since 1996, I have buy three cars for Toyota, my 2012 was OK but I decided to buy my Toyota Camry 2019 because I cannot use my cell anymore and I work making visits to my patients, then I would need the GPS incorporated in my car screen. Also I used to have a collection of CD's that I cannot find on the web. MY NEW CAR DIDN'T HAVE CD PLAYER (My fault not to check it out before I leave the dealer) and the most disappointed thing: the gps doesn't work properly, it is difficult to set and has giving me several times wrong directions. The computer is not good!!!! Sometimes I find myself in danger on the freeway because the gps is not working well.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

Complaint about Toyota Camry 2019 quality. Front door applique flat back moulding and rear door applique flat black moulding. The parts listed above have melted from the sun. The warranty refuses to cover this issue. This is a brand new 2019 Camry and Toyota should stand up to support the quality of their products.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Bought a brand new 2019 XSE Camry. Love the car. Love the customer service. But we have a heating issue. Anything lower than minus 15 we find when the car comes to a idle at a stop sign it blows icy cold air through the defrost. So we took it back to the dealership only to find out after MANY tests... sent back and forth to the engineers at Toyota Canada that it failed paying the thermostat wasn't not working. They replaced the thermostat. We picked it up and lo and behold first stop sign it blew cold again.

After many more days at the dealership we are told that Toyota Canada engineers are ok with this problem and there's not much more at this time they can do to fix it... but was also told that toyota is opening a research into the problem as they are aware that lots of the 4 cyl Camry's are having this issue. So until they decide to or not to something about the issue we can only hope not to have any more cold weather cause you literally freeze inside the car!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I have never written a review of a car before but I can no longer be silent about my 2019 Toyota Camry LE. Before I begin, I would like to give you some background about my life with the Toyota Camry. I have purchased or leased over a dozen Camrys since 1985. Some of them were for my wife and son. 90% of them were secured through the same dealership. Over the years I have been very satisfied with this remarkable, low-maintenance, well-designed car. But no more.

I relied on all my previous Camry experiences and leased my 2019 without thoroughly testing it. After I drove it for several days I developed some major concerns. I looked into returning or exchanging the car but I was informed that is not possible with a lease. On the positive side, the car is the best handling and riding of ALL the Camrys I have driven. The sound system is also the best. The trim is excellent. It is very well built and with excellent safety features. But... The engine and transmission combination is an abomination. The throttle and shifting response is so unpredictable and erratic that it is borderline dangerous to drive. Trying to anticipate how the car will respond is certainly not an enjoyable driving experience. I had to alter the way I drive. I now dread driving it.

With almost every press of the accelerator there is a perceptible delay in engine response. Sometimes the delay is so severe it feels as if the engine choked. The car constantly tries to prematurely shift to a higher gear, resulting in uneven acceleration and jerking. It is not a smooth shift. As if those issues weren't enough, excessive engine noise makes it the noisiest Camry I ever driven. When accelerating hard such as when entering a freeway, the engine sounds underpowered and the exhaust sounds like a sports car.

I contacted Toyota to see if there were any technical bulletins that address these issues. They said they would have the dealer contact me. The dealer didn't. I called the dealer. They didn't respond until I persisted. Finally they said bring it in and they will check it out. The service writer said it was performing normally within Toyota spec. I even asked them to check for an exhaust leak thinking there is no way that sound could be normal for a Camry. Again, they said it is normal. They made me feel as if I were being unreasonable. I can assure you, with my 35 years experience driving twelve Toyota Camrys and other cars, I am not. Hundreds of other Camry drivers feel the same way. Just check the internet comments.

Also, I told the service writer that the driver side window whistled as if it wasn't fully closed or the seal was compromised. They would not fix it. It still whistles. With little to no response from either Toyota Corporate or the dealer, I get the feeling Toyota is counting on all us complaining Camry drivers to just shrug our shoulders and go away. For me, I have better things to do than deal with a bloated corporate giant that doesn't care about tarnishing the image of an automobile Industry icon like the Camry. Nor do they care about long-term loyal Camry owners. So when my lease is over, which can't be none too soon, I will be walking straight into Honda's showroom. I never thought I would ever consider switching teams but the time is right. Too bad Toyota.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Great gas mileage average 23 miles to gallon. My car has 90,000 miles and has had only tires changed one time, brakes only fixed one time, battery changed 2 times. No major repairs. Dashboard had some cracks, and Toyota changed the dashboard at no cost to me after the car was about 8 years old. The model is the Toyota SOLARA, 2005.

Toyota Camry Company Information