Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
4.01/5

Toyota Camry

The Toyota Camry started out as a compact car, but more recent models are mdi-size. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

317 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 31, 2019

We purchased the 2018 Camry XSE after test drives of various Toyota cars. We have 3 other Toyota’s from 2011, 2013 & 2017 but wanted a not sophisticated ride to go with our truck Venza and 86. Mileage and ride are better than expected or EPA rated but the care suffers from a couple of flaws. There is a decided lag of acceleration when in ECO mode and in city traffic it lends to some concern.

The other issue is a poorly designed set of covers on the undercarriage. These are plastic, not properly formed to the underbody and lead to the following issues: these panels have gaps at the leading edge that allow infiltration of foreign matter such as dirt, water, snow etc leading to the outside edge sagging and collecting even more grime. The outside 8 to 9 inch edge has no support so buildup is further allowed as a result. There are of course small drainage holes about the splash shield but they only compound the issue allowing water to escape making the mud congeal and harden. Toyota will tell you you have to replace the splash shield(s) at a cost of $265.00 per side, not so however.

Any competent body or repair shop can remove clean and reinstall any panel at a lesser charge with 10mm sockets and body fastener tools. Once clean the panel will be as good as new so long as it hasn’t dragged on the ground and caused voids or other damage. Our passenger side was sagging and had taken on enough grime to cause it to be bent. I reinstalled it after cleaning and used a heat gun to refit it to better conform to the underside of the car. These panels I was told by Toyota service techs were required to protect mechanical parts on the underside of the vehicle.

The only thing I found on the underside were factory installed posts to fasten the panel so I can assume these function as smoothing surfaces to enhance airflow rather than any beneficial protection. As with any auto repair shop get a more informed opinion and do some research before allowing work to be charged that should be warranted repair from poor design problems. This could have been a reoccurring $630.00 repair had it been my wife of another unsuspecting Camry owner.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I love my Solara. They do not make it anymore and on my next purchase I will choose a Camry. I get good gas mileage and my car has held up very well. I chose a silver paint and it came with Michelin tires.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

My mom has had a Toyota Camry since around 2010. She recently purchased a new, 2018 Camry XSE. I can’t get over how gorgeous this car is! But a recurring issue is the interior. I have always loved leather interior, but something about it gives me headaches! I’ve come to this conclusion because we had cloth upholstery in her previous car, and in my brother’s 2010 Corolla, I have never experienced this problem. Even my friends get headaches from sitting in her car! I had thought the issue would be resolved upon purchasing the new car, but it wasn’t. In extended car rides, it is even worse. The longer I stay in the car, the worse it gets.

Everything else about the cars (both the new one and the old one) is amazing! But this is something that has puzzled me as to why the leather would make me and other people so sick. It starts out as just a headache and then progresses to nausea. Other than that, the car is so wonderful. This issue has seriously taken the car from a five star car to a four star car. Her 2018 model car is better than many Mercedes. This can’t be ignored though. I hope there’s an answer as to why this affects me and others so awfully.

Original review: July 25, 2019

On Sunday, July 21st, I went to NTB to have them check my oil because my oil light came on; when your oil light comes on, you know there’s an issue especially when you’re always on top of your oil changes. Luckily for me (at the time), there was a former Toyota associate present who remembered an issue that some Toyotas were having related to an oil consumption issue. This issue was causing an overconsumption of oil which resulted in quicker oil changes among other issues that could be detrimental to the overall life span of the car.

I own a 2009 Toyota Camry. I love my car so you can imagine my horror anytime something like this jeopardizes her overall health. At any rate, I contacted Nalley Toyota the same day regarding the issue but the service department was closed. I opted to leave a message. Two days later, Reid **, an Assistant Service Manager, called me back. When we spoke, I asked him about the oil consumption issue and provided him with my VIN. His initial response was that my car didn’t fall under the list of impacted vehicles. Once I pressed a little harder about the issue, all of a sudden he was able to confirm that my car was impacted by the oil consumption issue. We made plans for me to bring the car in 7/24 (one day after our talk). I arrived and we spoke about the issue. I gave him my keys and my car was taken to have an oil consumption test.

I went to the waiting area, watched a full hour-long TV show and then Reid came and tapped me on the shoulder. “I have some not so good news,” he said. Turns out, my car didn’t qualify because the warranty for the issue expired 11/2018. For starters, why didn’t he know this when he spoke to me the day before? Why did I have to take a day off to handle an issue, only to be told that my car didn’t qualify. Please keep in mind, I only found out 7/21/19 and had the associate at NTB not told me, I still wouldn’t know.

I asked Reid to contact his corporate office regarding the matter and they eventually told him that since the issue was no longer under warranty, nothing could be done. So you mean to tell me that I have to either pay to have this fixed ($3,000+) or I can just deal with it? I asked Reid what options I had and aside from suggesting that I get oil changes every 3,000 miles (vs 5,000), he had the audacity to tell me that I could sell the car. Who says that!?!? Bottom line – Reid was about as helpful as a flashlight in the daytime. And it was a total failure of customer service and clearly the model that the company as a whole follows. There’s nothing worse than being told, there’s nothing we can do. No exceptions, nothing. That’s a horrific business model.

I need to understand why Toyota is selling crappy cars. I need to understand why no one actually told me about the recall. I never received a single correspondence in the mail regarding this matter. Because if I did, I would have had it fixed immediately especially since it involves my car’s heartbeat aka engine. This issue may have been recognized in 2015 according to the documentation that NTB gave me and if that’s the case, you mean to tell me that in 4 years, no one said anything to me? It’s odd… My last car was a 1997 Camry and it literally died on me while driving to work. The cause: a locked engine due to an oil issue with the engine. Are you seeing the pattern here? I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a recall on that car’s engine too.

It sucks that a company like Toyota continues to build crappy cars/engines. It sucks even more that consumer loyalty and respect don’t play roles in this matter. There’s no way in hell I should have NOT KNOWN about this issue. I want my car fixed and I should not have to pay for it. This is a Toyota issue; not my issue. And the fact that they so easily dismiss customers is appalling. I need to know who dropped the ball on this and I want my engine fixed. Update: I sent this same email to Toyota’s corporate customer service team. They did not address a single one of my concerns; opting to simply say “no, final answer.” What a joke!

Original review: July 17, 2019

My wife was driving her 2010 Toyota Camry when the driver's side sun visor dropped down and wouldn't stay in the upright position. I called Toyota as I noticed in the complaint dept. this was an ongoing problem. The associate who attempted to take care of my complaint said that Toyota had a warranty extension but it wasn't a factory recall. I asked her why I wasn't notified and she checked and found out it was sent to the previous owner instead of me. How could I possibly know of this warranty extension if it was sent to the wrong person. I feel Toyota should be responsible for the cost to fix it because it was their error.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Camry?

Original review: May 31, 2019

Toyota Camry not keeping oil in the motor. Went online and found out that they had notified people and the treatment expired 2016. I have never received anything about this. Call them and they said that I can’t do nothing they can’t do nothing about it.

Original review: May 25, 2019

Dear Toyota, As a loyal Toyota customer, I just purchased a 2019 Camry (this being my 4th Camry). I found that the seats are designed too low to the ground, making it difficult to get in and out. Further, if you raise the seat, it reduces the clearance of seat to roof, making it harder to squeeze in. Also, most of the "pockets for storage" grossly lacking. Because of this design flaw, or miscalculation, the wife and I will be switching to another reputable brand in a year or two.

Original review: May 14, 2019

We negotiated the purchase of a 2018 Camry LE. We were looking for a stand alone GPS system, back up camera etc. The day of delivery we were shocked to find out the vehicle's GPS system is dependent upon the owner having a smart phone. The GPS system is not a stand alone system. We downloaded the Toyota Entune app and the Scout GPS app but found out right away this system is very unreliable and doesn't work half the time. We protested the same day but found out that Toyota does not have a return policy, so you're stuck with the new ride once you take delivery. We have to throw our old, but very trustworthy Garmin dash mount GPS on the dash when we want dependable navigation. We protested this directly to Toyota, but of course never received a reply. The vehicle itself is excellent, but Toyota definitely needs to ditch the app dependent GPS and go with a stand alone GPS in the future.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I contacted the 800 number for Toyota to open a case concerning the dashboard in my 2009 Toyota Camry which had a recall that EXPIRED in 2018. The dashboard is extremely sticky and I can't even put a sun shield in the windshield. They refused to cover it. If you notice there is a ton of their cars on the road so they must be doing very well.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I have a 2018 Toyota Camry SE, a little under 1 year I noticed 3 white spots in the leather. The largest spot on the back of the passenger seat and 2 smaller spots on the bench seat on the opposite side of the vehicle. It looks as if it’s a bad piece of material. I brought it back to the dealership who then inspected the interior and made a claim for me. The man inspecting specifically said it would be a costly fix and most likely denied. I told him I only wipe my seating with water and dry with a cloth. No soaps or chemicals.

A month goes by and I never heard back from the dealership so I called to see if there was an update and was told my claim was denied by the engineer out of Houston and that it appeared I had put chemicals on my interior. All this assumed through photos. I offered for them to test a piece of the fabric for whatever chemical they assumed I used but they denied it being necessary. I now have a case # with the customer hotline and am awaiting on a callback. Very disappointed!

Toyota Camry Company Information