3.83/5
Based on 62 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Auto Warranty Expired?

Toyota Camry

The Toyota Camry started out as a compact car, but more recent models are mdi-size. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

297 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 12, 2018

I have a '07 Camry with a very sticky dashboard. It has nothing to do with the vehicle care but manufacturing issue. I called Toyota and they were not willing to resolve the issue. I have always owned Toyota made vehicles and considered it to be a great company. Now, I am learning that the company begins deteriorating. It progressively produces less quality cars and the same way is their customer service. Well done Toyota! Next time I will consider Hyundai. I heard they are less money and more customer oriented company.

Original review: July 12, 2018

At just 92500 miles my Camry lit up like a Christmas Tree while driving on the highway at 70 mph! Warning messages read "CHECKS VSC" and "CHECK HYBRID SYSTEM" along with traction control light, brake malfunction, check engine light, and other hazard warning lights came on. I noticed my tpms started flashing, pulled over and checked all the tire pressures and they all measured to be correct. I've noticed my brakes have become softer and the accelerator pedal seems unresponsive upon initial take off, which is extremely dangerous at a busy intersection. I noticed the brake issue the following day after my long drive when I bumped my left corner into an object and scraped the bumper! I refuse to let my pregnant wife drive the car or put my little kids in it.

Dealer States car will need a new Hybrid battery which will cost almost $5000! It may also need Brake actuator and whatever else they find wrong at this point. This car was always serviced at a Toyota dealership (Kenny Ross PA) and I'm upset at the fact that TOYOTA isn't willing to help at all, knowing this is a SAFETY related problem they are completely aware of that has occurred on multiple vehicles of this year when they extended the warranty to 10yr/150k miles. I'm unqualified because I've past the time frame??? Why wasn't I informed by Toyota of the extension or the free replacement program?? Toyota has given me a case number but the agent over the phone clearly refused to do anything about it!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 4, 2018

Previous car was a Toyota Avalon. I needed a car in a hurry and insisted on a Toyota. The Camry was available. The problem with it is that it makes sense and will last forever. After the Avalon, it is plain vanilla, durable, sensible, nice, dependable, and can find no reason to spend the additional money... but I'd love to have an Avalon. Before it, I had two Mercedes... I'd rather have my Toyota.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I am new owner of 2007 Toyota Solara convertible. I bought car used the end of January. Now in June I have a problem with back window. It has come apart leaking in trunk and back seat. There is no way to replace it because "rain troff " which is made of polyester has torn & cannot be replaced or repaired. So I am left with a headache and no way to turn in order to eliminate problem. Any suggestions? Car lot which sold it to me can do nothing for me, so now I have nowhere to turn. What do I do?!

Original review: June 26, 2018

I almost had an accident because my crappy 2010 Camry sun visor fell in my face while driving. I called Toyota and they said, "We had a recall for this issue but it's only for 7 yrs" and now my car is just over. I took my car every 3 months for oil change and NO ONE from Toyota ever mentioned this to me. Can anyone tell me if Sunvisor is on the maintenance list or service list. This is the worse excuse I ever heard. These big company only get away with any or all crappy excuse and we have to accept it. This is the first and last Toyota I'll ever own. Anyone needs a crappy Camry with a sun visor that is activated 100% of the time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Camry?

Original review: June 21, 2018

My Toyota Camry is good on gas, reliable, and comfortable. It is inexpensive and easy to find parts for. I have owned for many years and intend to buy another when it dies. I like the leather seats, sunroof cruise control, rear wheel drive too. The size of the interior is also comfortable for me and being able to adjust the height as well as lumbar of the seat is nice. The suspension wears quickly though and the door handles are very flimsy. The windows seem to slip off track very easily too. The headlights could be brighter and the bumpers sturdier. But overall, my experience has been good.

Original review: June 21, 2018

It's been a great experience. It has electric everything and added Bluetooth features. The car runs smoothly and they have great motors. And as long as you keep the oil changed car runs long. These cars are known to be very reliable and I will stick with this brand of cars because they can really save you a lot of money in the long run. I like the makings and hippie. But I would do more to the outside to make it look more sport or maybe more advanced technology. I wish the TPMS light is more descriptive as well as lets you know exactly what is going on with the tires of the vehicle.

Original review: June 20, 2018

It was a quick decision that I had to make at the time and just picked the first cheap buy that I could find on Craig's list. Also Toyotas have great history of great gas mileage. So that played a big part in my search for a car. The 1988 model had a stick shift and it's 5 speed. I like driving stick shifts. The car ran good for how much I paid for it. But the previous owners seemed to dog the engine pretty bad. So I had to have work done to it. Also the color was not that great but considering the year the car was made it I had to take it. Plus the air conditioner system did not work all that well. But all it all it was a very fun car to drive.

Original review: June 19, 2018

It's one of the most reliable cars that I've ever owned. It handles the road really well. Also, it has great gas mileage. I like that I have a backup camera. This prevents me from running over or hitting something. Also, this is very effective at night when visibility is low. I'm pleased with all of the features of the car, although it can have better constructed interior material.

Original review: June 18, 2018

It is a very reliable car for its mileage but especially since it's 15 years old. It also drives and handles well and I like how many mpg I get. I like the power steering, locks and power windows and how I can adjust my seat. I also like how it's small but I can fit so much in it. I just used it to move and I was able to fit a lot. It is a good color. The heating and air conditioning work perfectly too. But the car is a little loud while driving. It could use new breaks and new wipers. The stereo system is outdated (2004) and it would be nice to have the version with the sunroof. But overall the car is great and I like it a lot.

Original review: June 17, 2018

This 2014 Toyota Camry is amazing. It is reliable, spacious and comfortable. I love how good of gas mileage it gets, the touchscreen display on the dashboard, the color and body style of the vehicle, and that it allows you to hook up to Bluetooth. I also love the rearview camera that makes backing out way more simpler and the button controls on the steering wheel. We chose this make and model as our family vehicle because we have always heard wonderful things about Toyotas. We have heard that they are extremely reliable and good on gas. My family loves to travel so this was a selling point for me. I also heard that Toyota model vehicles are relatively cheap to fix which is comforting when purchasing a new vehicle.

However, I would add a mirror reflector similar to the Buicks that let you see the speedometer on the windshield. I would also perhaps add the ability to use free wifi from inside the vehicle. I would also love to see DVD players included in the car as I have children and road trips would be more convenient if this feature was included. My passenger side door does not automatically lock and unlock like the other doors. So I have to manually lock and unlock each time. This is inconvenient and can be frustrating.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I was more attracted to the Toyota Camry because of the style and color. It has a very nice body style and I like the interior. It's pretty roomy for a midsize car and I like that it's just the right size. This car is also pretty good on gas and I have not had to have any major car repairs so far. But I wish it could sit up a little higher like an SUV. Other than that I like everything about this car. It is very reliable and dependable and my overall experience has been very positive.

Original review: June 15, 2018

When I was deciding to purchase a new car I had previously owned a Lexus. It was a great car but needed something a little better on gas. This Camry is a smaller cylinder than my previous car and has much better gas mileage. The engine is very good. Toyota overall has a great car and the look on this car is very sporty and sleek. It comes highly recommended by my mechanic. It has one of the best engines out there and will last a very long time if I take care of it. However, when it rains water comes in to my lap if the windows are open and I don't like that. It doesn't have heated seats as well. It gets pretty cold here in the morning and would be a very nice feature to include on this model.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Our new 2018 Toyota Camry XLE V6 with 5,300 miles had a major problem. First thing in the morning when the car was put into reverse to back out of the garage, all kinds of warning light appeared. After releasing the electric emergency brake, the car was able to be moved to the street. Since it would not drive, it was towed to the dealership. The problem was accessed as a bad throttle pedal position sensor. Although the repair was done under warranty, the inconvenience was not needed. Although the Toyota Safety Sense package is helpful, if one of the sensors goes bad, the vehicle is inoperable. The dealership resolved the problem quickly. We have not experienced any other problems with the Camry. We love the new Camry.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I like the fuel efficiency, high resale value & dependability of it. The Camry model was almost too small for my height/size, but was otherwise the right size & type of vehicle I wanted. There are some minor things I would change if I could, about the function & placement of some controls. I would also change the headlight & blinker controls & other things, like what side the fuel "door" is on, on the car, to be the same as the "American" makes (GM, Ford, etc.). But my experience over-all was great, I highly recommend Toyotas.

Original review: June 13, 2018

My Toyota Camry LE is from 1998 so it's a bit older, but it runs really well and is quite reliable. I like that it is not too big, but not too small. I also enjoy how simple it is. And I don't like how low it sits to the ground, but it's not unbearable. I also do not like the placement of the spare, as a weak person it can be difficult to get to, but I manage. I got the car for free but had to do a lot of work to it. Take care of any car and it can last a while!

Original review: June 13, 2018

I really like the model! It is very sleek and attractive. It looks like a sports car! It has a very great color and the interior is amazing! It has a sunroof and the CD player is nice. Tires are really great looking and easy to replace but parts for the car needs to be easier to find!! But the car works great and it is great on gas. It runs really well although it needs to be faster. Also, they can make it a lot more reasonably price so that everybody can afford one. And the warranty needs to be for longer.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Absolutely happy with the 2013 Toyota Camry. I love everything about it. Very clean on inside and out, the sunroof works, no leaks, all electric, great worth and great on gas. And love the color RED. This color was the first plus. The low mileage was also a plus and being a one owner car was awesome. Everything was like a new car. However, it would be nice if the car had a backup camera, electric start from the keypad and Bluetooth. But overall I have been very satisfied with my car.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I love anything that Toyota makes. My very first car was a 1990 Toyota Camry so I went and got a newer model and I have no complaints. Before I went out and bought another Toyota Camry I researched the older model as well as a newer model and if I had my choice I would rather have the old one. I wouldn't trade my Toyota Camry for nothing in this world. Toyota Camry has everything I ever wanted and I will forever be a Toyota Camry person. I like the sunroof, the satellite radio and they even have the backing up of the car on the screen so that it prevents you from backing up into anything. I love that so I won’t have to worry about hitting something.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Love the back up camera and radio buttons on steering wheel. Safety is a key factor because you never take your eyes off the road to change your radio station. It gets great gas mileage, but I will more than likely purchase a Chevy next time around. I ended up letting my in-laws talk me into buying a Toyota, but they are not bragging worth. Improve the interior, leather would be nice! Seats get stained easily. The interior is a grey/silver color and I would rather have leather instead. Find a way to reduce the maintenance cost. It is not too bad, but always room for improvement. Overall horrible experience, I paid too much money for a used car. They need to come down on the price. Although, my rate is low at 1.9%, it should be zero based on my credit score. I plan to purchase a different brand for my next car, just because of this experience.

Original review: June 9, 2018

The Toyota Camry is a really great car. It takes me everywhere. It doesn't break down and the tires are strong. It is little, and easy to navigate around our busy city. I like the air conditioning and seats in the vehicle. We put gas in it once a week, and drive literally everywhere. However, I would make the insurance and payments cheaper so that it is easier to pay for the vehicle. I would also make an online database making it easier to manage payments.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I love the Toyota Camry. Very safe and very smooth driving and also it gets good gas mileage. I love the luxury feel of the vehicle and the stereo system also. Also we loved the safety features and the free maintenance for the first 5 years/50000 miles. That saves money and makes us keep up with the maintenance. I wish there were more colors to choose from. Also I wish the rear view camera was of a higher quality. When it is raining it is very hard to see in the camera. The salespeople and the maintenance staff are very friendly and very knowledgeable. Also it is very easy to get an appointment whenever we need to have service done on the vehicle.

Original review: June 7, 2018

The Toyota Camry is smooth car with duration for a long time. It save on gas and affordable price so you can afford to buy it. The car is cool with all feature such as backup camera, economy mode and the parking assistant. And I can park into narrow parking lot without issue and no hitting anything around. I like the Toyota Camry very much because it is reliable car to drive without worry. But I do not like the rear lights because it is not bright enough for car behind me to see. I would like to improve the rear lights with different color.

Original review: June 6, 2018

My Toyota Camry is my favorite and my safe place. It is a nice blue and I love it. I am such a good friend to my car and it has saved me from so many bad things. It's been in my family forever but it still works so it's great. It really is the best. The lights turn on or off automatically. A back up cam would be nice but my car is from 2000 so I think it is great. It would buy so many Camrys in the future it is.

Original review: May 31, 2018

The Toyota Camry SE is a great car for the money. Very reliable car and great features. Toyota stands behind their products. This is my ninth Camry and they have all been great reliable cars.

Original review: May 9, 2018

The gas mileage of the 2016 Toyota Camry is well below what was expected. Passenger door area has annoying road noise levels and seat comfort is not as good. Ride and handling are good though.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I am pleased with my Toyota Camry, the way it handles, the way it looks and the service I receive. This is my 3rd Toyota. I am sure it is not my last Toyota. Enough said. I love my car.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I have always felt Toyota makes GREAT products- good value and long lasting. I still feel those 2 attributes are true. However, I cannot get over the amount of recalls I have had on this product (Toyota Camry). They were taken care of by the dealer without a problem. However, I never felt the unintended acceleration problem was the result of a floor mat issue. The State Trouper who died along with his family because he could not get the car to stop certainly would have noticed a floor mat issue. I think Toyota can't find the cause so they made one up. Recalls are so commonplace today. What has happened?

Original review: May 7, 2018

The wiring harness behind the radio was always loose. Bought new Toyota Camry in 2001. No major problems, still no body rust. Just beginning to age as everything loosens up. Motor and transmission perform as new.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I purchased a new Toyota Camry 2008 - in 2008 at Toyota Dealership in Houston Texas. After less than 60,000 miles I began experiencing engine problems, i.e., losing oil. On 4/17/2018, I called Toyota Motors and the Toyota Dealership in Houston. I found out that there was a recall and recall was ended on December 2017. I did not receive any notices from TOYOTA about the Warranty Enhancement Service recall on Oil Consumption.

Toyota Dealership in Houston believed that this type of car should not experience this problem at a low mileage. She checked to see if there was a recall on my engine and found one, but it was expired on December 2017, three month ago. She advised me to check with Toyota Motors Incorporate office to see if they could help me. After 14 times phone calls finally Ms. Diaema ** from the executive office contacted me on April 26, 2018, she was EXTREMELY unprofessional. First, she had all the facts wrong. So, I had to explained to her from the beginning, it's like she was totally lost. I had to repeat my explanation.

Finally, during my explanation, she HUNG UP on me. On Tuesday May 1, 2018 I called her 5 times and she never return my phone calls, after my email on May 3, 2018, Ms. Diaema ** called and she said, “EVERY TIME YOU EMAIL TO Mr. Akio Toyoda, IT IS GOING TO COME TO ME AND I STOP IT, BECAUSE I AM THE Executive Office Administrator”, in addition she was EXTREMELY unprofessional and RUDE. Toyota never care about their customers with the products and services that they provide. I wish I had to read some of the reviews before I shop.

Talking to customer service was a waste of time. No help. Total disrespect for the consumer. I will most certainly use a more reliable company in the future. I should not, will not doing any business with the company with such bad customer service and management practice. P.S. Wow... TOYOTA coming in at the #1 spot for absolute worst customer service I've ever experienced (and am still experiencing).

Updated on 07/02/2018: In addition I had sent a certified mail restricted delivery with return receipt to Mr. **. After 3 three attempted by USPS (May 26, May 29 and May 30) Instead of Mr. **, Mr. Charles ** signed for him. I sent Mr. ** another email on June 6, 2018. Mail and emailing to you Mr. ** was a waste of time. No help. Total disrespect for the consumer.

Although TOYOTA CAMRY 2008 with defective engines that burn excessive amounts of oil is covered by the warranty (recall), TOYOTA MOTORS had failed to agree to the repairs being carried out and are therefore in breach of contract. Mr. ** should know that the warranty is a contract between me and Toyota Motors Incorporated. I do not accept any reasons the TOYOTA MOTORS had given for refusing to carry out the repair, because TOYOTA MOTORS had my updated address, email and phone number and failed to notify me on time. TOYOTA MOTORS have to carry out the repairs in accordance with our contract.

Toyota Camry Company Information