Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.87/5

Toyota Camry

The Toyota Camry started out as a compact car, but more recent models are mdi-size. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

313 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 14, 2018

I like the fuel efficiency, high resale value & dependability of it. The Camry model was almost too small for my height/size, but was otherwise the right size & type of vehicle I wanted. There are some minor things I would change if I could, about the function & placement of some controls. I would also change the headlight & blinker controls & other things, like what side the fuel "door" is on, on the car, to be the same as the "American" makes (GM, Ford, etc.). But my experience over-all was great, I highly recommend Toyotas.

Original review: June 13, 2018

My Toyota Camry LE is from 1998 so it's a bit older, but it runs really well and is quite reliable. I like that it is not too big, but not too small. I also enjoy how simple it is. And I don't like how low it sits to the ground, but it's not unbearable. I also do not like the placement of the spare, as a weak person it can be difficult to get to, but I manage. I got the car for free but had to do a lot of work to it. Take care of any car and it can last a while!

Original review: June 13, 2018

I really like the model! It is very sleek and attractive. It looks like a sports car! It has a very great color and the interior is amazing! It has a sunroof and the CD player is nice. Tires are really great looking and easy to replace but parts for the car needs to be easier to find!! But the car works great and it is great on gas. It runs really well although it needs to be faster. Also, they can make it a lot more reasonably price so that everybody can afford one. And the warranty needs to be for longer.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Absolutely happy with the 2013 Toyota Camry. I love everything about it. Very clean on inside and out, the sunroof works, no leaks, all electric, great worth and great on gas. And love the color RED. This color was the first plus. The low mileage was also a plus and being a one owner car was awesome. Everything was like a new car. However, it would be nice if the car had a backup camera, electric start from the keypad and Bluetooth. But overall I have been very satisfied with my car.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I love anything that Toyota makes. My very first car was a 1990 Toyota Camry so I went and got a newer model and I have no complaints. Before I went out and bought another Toyota Camry I researched the older model as well as a newer model and if I had my choice I would rather have the old one. I wouldn't trade my Toyota Camry for nothing in this world. Toyota Camry has everything I ever wanted and I will forever be a Toyota Camry person. I like the sunroof, the satellite radio and they even have the backing up of the car on the screen so that it prevents you from backing up into anything. I love that so I won’t have to worry about hitting something.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Camry?

Original review: June 10, 2018

Love the back up camera and radio buttons on steering wheel. Safety is a key factor because you never take your eyes off the road to change your radio station. It gets great gas mileage, but I will more than likely purchase a Chevy next time around. I ended up letting my in-laws talk me into buying a Toyota, but they are not bragging worth. Improve the interior, leather would be nice! Seats get stained easily. The interior is a grey/silver color and I would rather have leather instead. Find a way to reduce the maintenance cost. It is not too bad, but always room for improvement. Overall horrible experience, I paid too much money for a used car. They need to come down on the price. Although, my rate is low at 1.9%, it should be zero based on my credit score. I plan to purchase a different brand for my next car, just because of this experience.

Original review: June 9, 2018

The Toyota Camry is a really great car. It takes me everywhere. It doesn't break down and the tires are strong. It is little, and easy to navigate around our busy city. I like the air conditioning and seats in the vehicle. We put gas in it once a week, and drive literally everywhere. However, I would make the insurance and payments cheaper so that it is easier to pay for the vehicle. I would also make an online database making it easier to manage payments.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I love the Toyota Camry. Very safe and very smooth driving and also it gets good gas mileage. I love the luxury feel of the vehicle and the stereo system also. Also we loved the safety features and the free maintenance for the first 5 years/50000 miles. That saves money and makes us keep up with the maintenance. I wish there were more colors to choose from. Also I wish the rear view camera was of a higher quality. When it is raining it is very hard to see in the camera. The salespeople and the maintenance staff are very friendly and very knowledgeable. Also it is very easy to get an appointment whenever we need to have service done on the vehicle.

Original review: June 7, 2018

The Toyota Camry is smooth car with duration for a long time. It save on gas and affordable price so you can afford to buy it. The car is cool with all feature such as backup camera, economy mode and the parking assistant. And I can park into narrow parking lot without issue and no hitting anything around. I like the Toyota Camry very much because it is reliable car to drive without worry. But I do not like the rear lights because it is not bright enough for car behind me to see. I would like to improve the rear lights with different color.

Original review: June 6, 2018

My Toyota Camry is my favorite and my safe place. It is a nice blue and I love it. I am such a good friend to my car and it has saved me from so many bad things. It's been in my family forever but it still works so it's great. It really is the best. The lights turn on or off automatically. A back up cam would be nice but my car is from 2000 so I think it is great. It would buy so many Camrys in the future it is.

Original review: May 31, 2018

The Toyota Camry SE is a great car for the money. Very reliable car and great features. Toyota stands behind their products. This is my ninth Camry and they have all been great reliable cars.

Original review: May 9, 2018

The gas mileage of the 2016 Toyota Camry is well below what was expected. Passenger door area has annoying road noise levels and seat comfort is not as good. Ride and handling are good though.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I am pleased with my Toyota Camry, the way it handles, the way it looks and the service I receive. This is my 3rd Toyota. I am sure it is not my last Toyota. Enough said. I love my car.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I have always felt Toyota makes GREAT products- good value and long lasting. I still feel those 2 attributes are true. However, I cannot get over the amount of recalls I have had on this product (Toyota Camry). They were taken care of by the dealer without a problem. However, I never felt the unintended acceleration problem was the result of a floor mat issue. The State Trouper who died along with his family because he could not get the car to stop certainly would have noticed a floor mat issue. I think Toyota can't find the cause so they made one up. Recalls are so commonplace today. What has happened?

Original review: May 7, 2018

The wiring harness behind the radio was always loose. Bought new Toyota Camry in 2001. No major problems, still no body rust. Just beginning to age as everything loosens up. Motor and transmission perform as new.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I purchased a new Toyota Camry 2008 - in 2008 at Toyota Dealership in Houston Texas. After less than 60,000 miles I began experiencing engine problems, i.e., losing oil. On 4/17/2018, I called Toyota Motors and the Toyota Dealership in Houston. I found out that there was a recall and recall was ended on December 2017. I did not receive any notices from TOYOTA about the Warranty Enhancement Service recall on Oil Consumption.

Toyota Dealership in Houston believed that this type of car should not experience this problem at a low mileage. She checked to see if there was a recall on my engine and found one, but it was expired on December 2017, three month ago. She advised me to check with Toyota Motors Incorporate office to see if they could help me. After 14 times phone calls finally Ms. Diaema ** from the executive office contacted me on April 26, 2018, she was EXTREMELY unprofessional. First, she had all the facts wrong. So, I had to explained to her from the beginning, it's like she was totally lost. I had to repeat my explanation.

Finally, during my explanation, she HUNG UP on me. On Tuesday May 1, 2018 I called her 5 times and she never return my phone calls, after my email on May 3, 2018, Ms. Diaema ** called and she said, “EVERY TIME YOU EMAIL TO Mr. Akio Toyoda, IT IS GOING TO COME TO ME AND I STOP IT, BECAUSE I AM THE Executive Office Administrator”, in addition she was EXTREMELY unprofessional and RUDE. Toyota never care about their customers with the products and services that they provide. I wish I had to read some of the reviews before I shop.

Talking to customer service was a waste of time. No help. Total disrespect for the consumer. I will most certainly use a more reliable company in the future. I should not, will not doing any business with the company with such bad customer service and management practice. P.S. Wow... TOYOTA coming in at the #1 spot for absolute worst customer service I've ever experienced (and am still experiencing).

Updated on 07/02/2018: In addition I had sent a certified mail restricted delivery with return receipt to Mr. **. After 3 three attempted by USPS (May 26, May 29 and May 30) Instead of Mr. **, Mr. Charles ** signed for him. I sent Mr. ** another email on June 6, 2018. Mail and emailing to you Mr. ** was a waste of time. No help. Total disrespect for the consumer.

Although TOYOTA CAMRY 2008 with defective engines that burn excessive amounts of oil is covered by the warranty (recall), TOYOTA MOTORS had failed to agree to the repairs being carried out and are therefore in breach of contract. Mr. ** should know that the warranty is a contract between me and Toyota Motors Incorporated. I do not accept any reasons the TOYOTA MOTORS had given for refusing to carry out the repair, because TOYOTA MOTORS had my updated address, email and phone number and failed to notify me on time. TOYOTA MOTORS have to carry out the repairs in accordance with our contract.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I had a 1998 Camry LE that was great. My 2016 has a lot more road noise. When I roll down rear windows, the moisture does not clear making me have to manually wipe it down before driven. It's a leased vehicle that I'm not interested in purchasing.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I have enjoyed our Toyota Camry Hybrid, it has style and comfort. But I am not happy with the gas mileage as it was supposed to get very near 40 MPG in town and gets closer to 30-31. On the highway it does get a bit better, but not up to my expectations. Also the Bluetooth doesn't work as well as it should and have had it in the shop at least 7 times for this issue. Nevertheless, it is a great highway driving car and has features that I have learned to like. Among them are the back up camera, the Sirius radio and navigation systems. All in all it's a very good car, but I doubt I would buy one again as I am not as impressed with the MPG and that was the biggest reason I bought it.

Original review: May 5, 2018

All things considered, I don't think you can buy a better-made car than the Toyota Camry. Mine is 18 years old, but looks and drives like brand-new - even at 174,000 miles. Hardly any repairs in those 18 years with routine maintenance. I wouldn't trade it, though I've been offered $10,000!

Original review: May 4, 2018

Toyota Camry is a good solid car for the money. Have the V-6 model. Could be better on gas but all in all a good car. Would look for another one when the time comes.

Original review: May 4, 2018

This is my third Camry and all have filled the bill! Always reliable and I never worried with it not running properly. Stayed looking nice during all the years I owned them.

Original review: May 3, 2018

The metal/plastic near the front tires comes loose and I have to keep pushing it back. That is the one thing I don't like about the Toyota Camry. It is a nice riding car though.

Original review: May 2, 2018

My Toyota Camry is the 2012 Hybrid model. It gets approximately 33-37 miles to the gallon. It has good power and handles well. I love my car and would only buy another Hybrid.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I have owned 2 Camrys and I love them both. Great, safe, reliable cars with a smooth ride. I had a rollover accident on the highway almost 10 years ago. I came out unscathed. I am thankful for my Camry.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I have had my Camry for 20 years, it runs well and is very reliable. I'm finding it to be the best vehicle I have owned. When I buy another vehicle it will be a Toyota.

Original review: April 29, 2018

We love our 2017 Toyota Camry 4 Cylinder XLE! We had a 1995 Toyota Camry V6 XLE, that we gave to our daughter when she went to college in 2007, & a 2004 Toyota Sienna. She had the car until October of 2017 when she traded it in on a new car. When we were looking for a new vehicle, we knew we wanted another Toyota Camry, and when we were looking, and asked about another V6, we were told that the newer 4 cylinder models were more powerful than our old V6. We love all the new features such as blind spot detection, backup camera, keyless entry, and yes the power and acceleration of our new Camry! Our only complaint was that we wanted a blue vehicle originally but would have had to get a sport model to get blue. We ended up getting Parisian Midnight, which is a dark blue color. We have come to love that color!

Original review: April 29, 2018

My 2015 Camry hybrid is wonderful, comfortable and has good mileage. I've learned to drive differently. I used to have a Porsche 944 and now, watching the mileage, I glide to stops and start out slowly, etc.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I bought this 05 Camry in 06 with 60,000 miles on it from the Toyota dealer. It now has around 182,000 miles and has been an outstanding car. The body has held up great for its age unlike the 1990 Corolla I had before this one.

Original review: April 28, 2018

My Toyota Camry LE - 2004 has served me very well. I've had no major problems with it. It has about 78,000.00 miles on it and it certainly has been better than other cars I've had in the past.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Have owned this Toyota Camry Hybrid 2009 5 years. Keep the oil changed regularly. Have replaced battery recently and believe that is only battery purchased for this car. It has been trouble free and body style is great.

Toyota Camry Company Information