Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes
3.56/5

Toyota Camry

The Toyota Camry started out as a compact car, but more recent models are mdi-size. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

303 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 31, 2018

The Toyota Camry SE is a great car for the money. Very reliable car and great features. Toyota stands behind their products. This is my ninth Camry and they have all been great reliable cars.

Original review: May 9, 2018

The gas mileage of the 2016 Toyota Camry is well below what was expected. Passenger door area has annoying road noise levels and seat comfort is not as good. Ride and handling are good though.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: May 9, 2018

I am pleased with my Toyota Camry, the way it handles, the way it looks and the service I receive. This is my 3rd Toyota. I am sure it is not my last Toyota. Enough said. I love my car.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I have always felt Toyota makes GREAT products- good value and long lasting. I still feel those 2 attributes are true. However, I cannot get over the amount of recalls I have had on this product (Toyota Camry). They were taken care of by the dealer without a problem. However, I never felt the unintended acceleration problem was the result of a floor mat issue. The State Trouper who died along with his family because he could not get the car to stop certainly would have noticed a floor mat issue. I think Toyota can't find the cause so they made one up. Recalls are so commonplace today. What has happened?

Original review: May 7, 2018

The wiring harness behind the radio was always loose. Bought new Toyota Camry in 2001. No major problems, still no body rust. Just beginning to age as everything loosens up. Motor and transmission perform as new.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Camry?

Original review: May 6, 2018

I purchased a new Toyota Camry 2008 - in 2008 at Toyota Dealership in Houston Texas. After less than 60,000 miles I began experiencing engine problems, i.e., losing oil. On 4/17/2018, I called Toyota Motors and the Toyota Dealership in Houston. I found out that there was a recall and recall was ended on December 2017. I did not receive any notices from TOYOTA about the Warranty Enhancement Service recall on Oil Consumption.

Toyota Dealership in Houston believed that this type of car should not experience this problem at a low mileage. She checked to see if there was a recall on my engine and found one, but it was expired on December 2017, three month ago. She advised me to check with Toyota Motors Incorporate office to see if they could help me. After 14 times phone calls finally Ms. Diaema ** from the executive office contacted me on April 26, 2018, she was EXTREMELY unprofessional. First, she had all the facts wrong. So, I had to explained to her from the beginning, it's like she was totally lost. I had to repeat my explanation.

Finally, during my explanation, she HUNG UP on me. On Tuesday May 1, 2018 I called her 5 times and she never return my phone calls, after my email on May 3, 2018, Ms. Diaema ** called and she said, “EVERY TIME YOU EMAIL TO Mr. Akio Toyoda, IT IS GOING TO COME TO ME AND I STOP IT, BECAUSE I AM THE Executive Office Administrator”, in addition she was EXTREMELY unprofessional and RUDE. Toyota never care about their customers with the products and services that they provide. I wish I had to read some of the reviews before I shop.

Talking to customer service was a waste of time. No help. Total disrespect for the consumer. I will most certainly use a more reliable company in the future. I should not, will not doing any business with the company with such bad customer service and management practice. P.S. Wow... TOYOTA coming in at the #1 spot for absolute worst customer service I've ever experienced (and am still experiencing).

Updated on 07/02/2018: In addition I had sent a certified mail restricted delivery with return receipt to Mr. **. After 3 three attempted by USPS (May 26, May 29 and May 30) Instead of Mr. **, Mr. Charles ** signed for him. I sent Mr. ** another email on June 6, 2018. Mail and emailing to you Mr. ** was a waste of time. No help. Total disrespect for the consumer.

Although TOYOTA CAMRY 2008 with defective engines that burn excessive amounts of oil is covered by the warranty (recall), TOYOTA MOTORS had failed to agree to the repairs being carried out and are therefore in breach of contract. Mr. ** should know that the warranty is a contract between me and Toyota Motors Incorporated. I do not accept any reasons the TOYOTA MOTORS had given for refusing to carry out the repair, because TOYOTA MOTORS had my updated address, email and phone number and failed to notify me on time. TOYOTA MOTORS have to carry out the repairs in accordance with our contract.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I had a 1998 Camry LE that was great. My 2016 has a lot more road noise. When I roll down rear windows, the moisture does not clear making me have to manually wipe it down before driven. It's a leased vehicle that I'm not interested in purchasing.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I have enjoyed our Toyota Camry Hybrid, it has style and comfort. But I am not happy with the gas mileage as it was supposed to get very near 40 MPG in town and gets closer to 30-31. On the highway it does get a bit better, but not up to my expectations. Also the Bluetooth doesn't work as well as it should and have had it in the shop at least 7 times for this issue. Nevertheless, it is a great highway driving car and has features that I have learned to like. Among them are the back up camera, the Sirius radio and navigation systems. All in all it's a very good car, but I doubt I would buy one again as I am not as impressed with the MPG and that was the biggest reason I bought it.

Original review: May 5, 2018

All things considered, I don't think you can buy a better-made car than the Toyota Camry. Mine is 18 years old, but looks and drives like brand-new - even at 174,000 miles. Hardly any repairs in those 18 years with routine maintenance. I wouldn't trade it, though I've been offered $10,000!

Original review: May 4, 2018

Toyota Camry is a good solid car for the money. Have the V-6 model. Could be better on gas but all in all a good car. Would look for another one when the time comes.

Original review: May 4, 2018

This is my third Camry and all have filled the bill! Always reliable and I never worried with it not running properly. Stayed looking nice during all the years I owned them.

Original review: May 3, 2018

The metal/plastic near the front tires comes loose and I have to keep pushing it back. That is the one thing I don't like about the Toyota Camry. It is a nice riding car though.

Original review: May 2, 2018

My Toyota Camry is the 2012 Hybrid model. It gets approximately 33-37 miles to the gallon. It has good power and handles well. I love my car and would only buy another Hybrid.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I have owned 2 Camrys and I love them both. Great, safe, reliable cars with a smooth ride. I had a rollover accident on the highway almost 10 years ago. I came out unscathed. I am thankful for my Camry.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I have had my Camry for 20 years, it runs well and is very reliable. I'm finding it to be the best vehicle I have owned. When I buy another vehicle it will be a Toyota.

Original review: April 29, 2018

We love our 2017 Toyota Camry 4 Cylinder XLE! We had a 1995 Toyota Camry V6 XLE, that we gave to our daughter when she went to college in 2007, & a 2004 Toyota Sienna. She had the car until October of 2017 when she traded it in on a new car. When we were looking for a new vehicle, we knew we wanted another Toyota Camry, and when we were looking, and asked about another V6, we were told that the newer 4 cylinder models were more powerful than our old V6. We love all the new features such as blind spot detection, backup camera, keyless entry, and yes the power and acceleration of our new Camry! Our only complaint was that we wanted a blue vehicle originally but would have had to get a sport model to get blue. We ended up getting Parisian Midnight, which is a dark blue color. We have come to love that color!

Original review: April 29, 2018

My 2015 Camry hybrid is wonderful, comfortable and has good mileage. I've learned to drive differently. I used to have a Porsche 944 and now, watching the mileage, I glide to stops and start out slowly, etc.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I bought this 05 Camry in 06 with 60,000 miles on it from the Toyota dealer. It now has around 182,000 miles and has been an outstanding car. The body has held up great for its age unlike the 1990 Corolla I had before this one.

Original review: April 28, 2018

My Toyota Camry LE - 2004 has served me very well. I've had no major problems with it. It has about 78,000.00 miles on it and it certainly has been better than other cars I've had in the past.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Have owned this Toyota Camry Hybrid 2009 5 years. Keep the oil changed regularly. Have replaced battery recently and believe that is only battery purchased for this car. It has been trouble free and body style is great.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Toyota Camry is a nice car but burns too much oil. Big problem for Toyota. Electrical components are very expensive to replace (exp) anti lock module and pump, $2000.00. I won't buy another Toyota again because the problems I listed are still a problem in the new cars. Buyer beware.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I have been driving Toyota cars for a long time because I find them to be a very reliable car. They are reasonably roomy & comfortable, and feel safe. I wish they got better gas mileage, overall though. I check mileage periodically and it could be better. Overall, I'm happy with my Camry and definitely recommend it. I would buy the Camry again, but next time will shop for a Hybrid.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I have been amazed with 2004 Toyota Camry SE 3.3L Touring Series! Enough power to provide safe passing when necessary. Fit and finish is a 4 (out of 5). But what is most impressive is the reliability! 160,000 miles and only "broke down" once; it failed to start when the original battery died after 4 yrs. After getting a jump start, I was able to go the ~10 miles home running essentially on just the alternator. That was about 100,000 miles ago and that alternator is still going strong! The only items (not counting fluids) we've had to replace up to this point are filters, tires, battery, spark plugs, light bulbs, wiper blades, and timing belt. Also replaced the water pump when replacing the timing belt since vast portion of the cost was in the labor which was also necessary to replace the timing belt. We'll soon probably have to replace some of the under-hood hoses (radiator, etc.).

Original review: April 24, 2018

I bought my Toyota Camry in 2002, it was brand new. This is 2018 and it is still in excellent shape and has had no major problems. Change oil frequently, manage all other regular maintenance. Have about 150,000 miles and still going strong. I am 73 years old and hope to keep it going until I can no longer drive!

Original review: April 16, 2018

Although the outside styling is very nice and much improved... I am hugely disappointed in my recent purchase of this vehicle 2018 Camry XSE. #1. The car is SO sluggish, Toyota should have given this 4 cylinder a turbo. #2. The suspension is too loose, it's supposed to be slightly better on the XSE but it isn't, it feels very cheap. (The 2018 Honda Civic Touring feels much better). #3. The XSE should come with the better audio package, the radio is awful. Along with not sounding good, it freezes all of the time. I've only had the car for 4 weeks and it freezes at least every other time I'm in the car. Toyota simply said to "wait and hope" there is an update available soon...

If I would have had more time to shop around I would have went with either the Honda Civic Touring because of the great pick-up (from the turbo) and the better stereo, great gas mileage. The VW Passat SEL if the roominess was an issue, the Passat feels the most like a BMW that I used to have. And last the Kia Optima SX if the gas mileage isn't too important. It's still good just not as high as the Camry promises, which I have to say I haven't seen yet. I'm also disappointed in that. It's just a sloppy car within a pretty package. There are other options out there for the same price point. I recommend definitely trying all options and then deciding if the Camry is right for you. I wish I would have had the time to do that before I purchased. I was too focused on the promise of Toyota dependability and great gas mileage and so far I haven't gotten either.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I have always had abnormal engine oil consumption such that I have had to add quarts of oil after 2,000-4,000 driving mileage which has been always far behind oil-filter replacement services at 5,000 miles. Ultimately, in 2016, I took my Camry to a Toyota Center and they suggested to run an engine oil consumption test (which Toyota had offered in a recall due to a manufacturing problem in the engine -- either in pistons or rings, or both). I accepted to run the test, and after the test, the technician confirmed that the test did not show significant engine oil consumption, and they did not fix my car.

This engine oil consumption problem is a Toyota manufacturing fault and must be fixed as soon as possible by Toyota at any time without any deadline. Toyota announced 2008 Camrys have this problem, and the problem is there in all 2008 Camry cars not only in diagnosed cars. Technicians may make mistakes in running the test; however, the manufactured pieces (piston and/or ring in my case) are all faulty in all 2008 Camrys. Requesting to run a test is not reasonable at all for a car type that is legitimately proven by the manufacturer or numerous customers to possess a faulty piece or pieces.

I called the Toyota Customer Services North America during the past several days (February 24 and 26, 2018) and talked to several ranking customer services agents up to a supervisor. All of them failed to resolve my issue as I requested them to fix my car manufacturing problem at Toyota expense. All in all, I strongly urge Toyota to fix this issue timelessly before people fall into bigger and far more serious troubles of losing the car engines (and consequent safety issues) and filing numerous lawsuits against Toyota.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Toyota improves the Camry every two years or so. More power and more features. Overall proven again and again, Toyota is the most reliable car make. The Camry and Avalon are their top models.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I bought brand new Toyota Camry 2017. Within 5 months I got ABS light sign and break sign. Took it to local Tracy Toyota dealer. They didn't fix the issue and demanded $150 upfront to diagnose the problem. After 1 week the windshield washer fluid stopped working and took to the dealership again to see different associate and told about the ABS Light. After 4 hours they told me that the parts are out for break and it is not covered by warranty and I will have call my insurance company for claim number and might cost close to 5-6K to fix the issue. Complained to Toyota 800 number nothing happened so far and really disappointed with their attitude. Don't care about loyal customers. Just wanna to squeeze our hard earned money.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

218,000 miles since buying it new. I think I got my money's worth. Almost let it go recently, but trying to buy a new or CPO car now is not worth the aggravation. The 2018 Camry have transmission issues. I also have a 2011 Toyota product as well. These will have to do if I have to put up w/ junky sales tactics. Only problem w/ it is the Catalytic converter is throwing a code. No smog testing here, so I can live w/ that on a 17 yo car. I'll keep it until one of us dies.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

My Toyota Camry 2003 seat belt driver side folds on itself and jams. According to the internet that happens a lot with the Toyota Camry. I took the car to the dealer. They unfolded it for free but the same day it happened again. I feel Toyota should change the seatbelt as a recall if they know it happens in particular at a higher rate than other cars.

Toyota Camry Company Information