2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

4.1/5 (733 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Toyota Camry

The Toyota Camry started out as a compact car, but more recent models are mdi-size. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Toyota Camry Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Camry?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Camry?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

Complaint about Toyota Camry 2019 quality. Front door applique flat back moulding and rear door applique flat black moulding. The parts listed above have melted from the sun. The warranty refuses to cover this issue. This is a brand new 2019 Camry and Toyota should stand up to support the quality of their products.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Bought a brand new 2019 XSE Camry. Love the car. Love the customer service. But we have a heating issue. Anything lower than minus 15 we find when the car comes to a idle at a stop sign it blows icy cold air through the defrost. So we took it back to the dealership only to find out after MANY tests... sent back and forth to the engineers at Toyota Canada that it failed paying the thermostat wasn't not working. They replaced the thermostat. We picked it up and lo and behold first stop sign it blew cold again.

After many more days at the dealership we are told that Toyota Canada engineers are ok with this problem and there's not much more at this time they can do to fix it... but was also told that toyota is opening a research into the problem as they are aware that lots of the 4 cyl Camry's are having this issue. So until they decide to or not to something about the issue we can only hope not to have any more cold weather cause you literally freeze inside the car!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I have never written a review of a car before but I can no longer be silent about my 2019 Toyota Camry LE. Before I begin, I would like to give you some background about my life with the Toyota Camry. I have purchased or leased over a dozen Camrys since 1985. Some of them were for my wife and son. 90% of them were secured through the same dealership. Over the years I have been very satisfied with this remarkable, low-maintenance, well-designed car. But no more.

I relied on all my previous Camry experiences and leased my 2019 without thoroughly testing it. After I drove it for several days I developed some major concerns. I looked into returning or exchanging the car but I was informed that is not possible with a lease. On the positive side, the car is the best handling and riding of ALL the Camrys I have driven. The sound system is also the best. The trim is excellent. It is very well built and with excellent safety features. But... The engine and transmission combination is an abomination. The throttle and shifting response is so unpredictable and erratic that it is borderline dangerous to drive. Trying to anticipate how the car will respond is certainly not an enjoyable driving experience. I had to alter the way I drive. I now dread driving it.

With almost every press of the accelerator there is a perceptible delay in engine response. Sometimes the delay is so severe it feels as if the engine choked. The car constantly tries to prematurely shift to a higher gear, resulting in uneven acceleration and jerking. It is not a smooth shift. As if those issues weren't enough, excessive engine noise makes it the noisiest Camry I ever driven. When accelerating hard such as when entering a freeway, the engine sounds underpowered and the exhaust sounds like a sports car.

I contacted Toyota to see if there were any technical bulletins that address these issues. They said they would have the dealer contact me. The dealer didn't. I called the dealer. They didn't respond until I persisted. Finally they said bring it in and they will check it out. The service writer said it was performing normally within Toyota spec. I even asked them to check for an exhaust leak thinking there is no way that sound could be normal for a Camry. Again, they said it is normal. They made me feel as if I were being unreasonable. I can assure you, with my 35 years experience driving twelve Toyota Camrys and other cars, I am not. Hundreds of other Camry drivers feel the same way. Just check the internet comments.

Also, I told the service writer that the driver side window whistled as if it wasn't fully closed or the seal was compromised. They would not fix it. It still whistles. With little to no response from either Toyota Corporate or the dealer, I get the feeling Toyota is counting on all us complaining Camry drivers to just shrug our shoulders and go away. For me, I have better things to do than deal with a bloated corporate giant that doesn't care about tarnishing the image of an automobile Industry icon like the Camry. Nor do they care about long-term loyal Camry owners. So when my lease is over, which can't be none too soon, I will be walking straight into Honda's showroom. I never thought I would ever consider switching teams but the time is right. Too bad Toyota.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Great gas mileage average 23 miles to gallon. My car has 90,000 miles and has had only tires changed one time, brakes only fixed one time, battery changed 2 times. No major repairs. Dashboard had some cracks, and Toyota changed the dashboard at no cost to me after the car was about 8 years old. The model is the Toyota SOLARA, 2005.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I do not drive a lot and considering that I have not had any significant problems. No repairs. Only oil changes and a new battery after a few years. Small complaints like a dim trunk light and inability to brighten or dim the dashboard lights which are not easily seen in bright sunlight.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Best overall fuel economy (for a midsize car its really an excellent gas saver- 40 mpg in city driving), smooth driving, accelerates quickly with power and speed if needed (acceleration thrust almost feels like a 6 cylinder car but it is a 4 cylinder), maneuverability is nice, road traction feature for inclement weather, (nice turning radius), brakes are superb, best airbag protection from multiple angles throughout the car, terrific stereo sound system, nice factory installed alarm system, nice design exterior, factory tint on windows is just the right tone. It's a purchase you will not regret! Well worth the investment.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

My parents bought this car used for me. Since I got it the AC/Heat went out. It is not under warranty so we had to pay $900 to get it fixed. Otherwise things have been great. It is a 2007 and runs like a champ. I love having my own car!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

There's nothing like the safety and dependability of this car. I've driven nothing but a Camry for 20 years and I love the fact that I can just hop in and never worry about something going wrong, even the old ones...I'm driving a 2005 right now and I love this car, smooth, easy and quiet. Very low maintenance. It's too bad that Toyota has gotten out-of-hand with their prices the last couple of years though...

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I have been pleasantly surprised with ou 2019 Toyota Camry XSE. We are getting just over 28 mpg in mostly city driving and 33 mpg on interstate travel. It is very comfortable and easy to drive, also the new safety device on our cruise control has even prevented us from being in a accident! We love our 2019 Camry XSE and recommended it to everyone who wants to listen!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I have a 4 cylinder 2010 and because I lived close to work, I only have 40,000 miles on it. I’ve given it sporadic maintenance but I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere. I plan to keep it a long time and would readily buy another.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Wonderfully fuel efficient while having a lovely presentation. My passengers believe it is a newer car than it actually is. The interior is very roomy. Its exterior has a subtle grace to it. You feel like you're driving a luxury car.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

The Camry is very reliable. It's comfortable to drive and handles very well. Easy and inexpensive to maintain. Gas mileage is fair for a midsize car. I feel safe and secure in my Camry. My one concern is the rear pillars and head rests cause some blind spots when backing or changing lanes. The trunk is roomy and easy to pack.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I've owned my current car, a Toyota Camry, since 2001. It is a most reliable, comfortable car, still stylish in my opinion. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that newer cars have. It does have cruise control, which is the only feature I feel need. I've never had any breakdowns in 18+ years of owning my Camry. I've driven Toyotas since 1979 and these results apply, not just to my Camry, but to the 2 Corollas I owned before. Should I decide to buy another vehicle in the future, I can assure you it will be Toyota. I've never had a desire for any other brand. It's important to be able to trust your transportation. I've watched friends and family buy other brands, only to consistently have problems, even with brand new vehicles.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

They stopped making this car in 2008. This is a full sized Camry body that is a convertible. The top folds down into an area behind the back seat and doesn't impact the trunk space at all. I can fit more stuff in my trunk with the top down than any other convertible at any price point. It's beautiful and it's a Toyota which is cheap to maintain and very reliable.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I have 250,000 plus miles and it is still running good! I've had many offers to buy my car from auto mechanics when I take my car in for oil change and maintenance. They know how little maintenance my Camry requires!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I got 2 Toyotas, 2005 Camry and 2013 Camry, smooth, fast ride, never have any problems on the road, extremely reliable. In 2005 I repair a door lock, power window, headliner, otherwise just the usual maintenance. In 2013 so far nothing to do but oil changes, tires, etc.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

My 2003 Toyota Camry still get 30+ mpg and runs smoothly and comfortably. I have not spent a cent on it in over 3 years except for gas, oil/lube jobs, and insurance. The interior is getting a little worn, the rear speaker grill has disintegrated, the overhead lining is loose over the rear window and is tucked up, and the rear seat is stained from a grandchild dropping something, I would not fear driving it to Florida again. Great car!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I ordered my XSE in the spring of 2018- It arrived in August of 2018. (Silver with black accents.) My car has every option available--over the past 18 months, it has been repaired 20+ times. Navigation failures. Transmission issues. AC/Heating issues. Heated seats not working. Literally the word CAMRY was falling off. Vents falling off. Vents whistling when fan is engaged. Car has gaps throughout the body. Staples sticking out on the floor. Roof leaked. Sensors leak water. Never would I recommend this car to anyone. Horrible car-worse experience with Toyota and the dealer.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I have owned the car since 2006 and had any major problems. The car has been very problems and except for repairs you would expect on any 15 year old car, New brakes, tire realignment, the car has been excellent.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

The only Problem I have had is with the brake pads. I had to replace the rotors because as shipped from the factory they are very thin to save on Gas. Other than that the car has been flawless and gives me great Gas Mileage - around 40 MPG.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

This car is very low on repairs and very low maintenance. 2006 Toyota Camry drives very smooth and is a nice looking vehicle for the age. I would recommend this car to someone with a low income. If the car is purchased through a auto dealership.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I have owned Toyota models for over 20 years. The style, safety and dependability are my top reasons for being loyal to toyota. I drive a 2017 Camry, and still own a 2011 Corolla. The value is unmatched by similar models.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I have owned this car for 7 years. I have maintained the car with consistent oil changes and routine checkups. Now and 205,000 miles later I would only consider buying another Camry or even better a Toyota Avalon.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

The Camry is a super blend of fuel efficiency and ride. Quiet and comfortable. Decent looking body and an overall great value. I would definitively buy another one. Parts are easy to find and usually not outrageous and techs are usually very familiar with them and find them relatively easy to work on.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Toyota Camry is the best car I ever had. It is reliable, comfortable, and a good price. There is also a lot of dealerships around and I never have a problem getting parts when needed. It also doesn't lose it's value and last a long time.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Car won't quit. Regular maintenance and minor repairs keep it going. Smooth, comfortable ride. Recent paint job makes it look brand new. Like a ride back in time as Toyota began to dominate the field.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

My choice of choosing a 2019 Toyota Camry was a very good choice indeed. The car is very well equipped and it rides super smooth. I must say I have not had any problems since leasing in May of this year. I absolutely love it, it is very safe and efficient.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I love all the safety features of the car, the fact that I only need to fill the gas tank once a week and that it is comfortable for me, even at 6'3". My only complaint is the GPS algorithm is worse I've seen. It will NOT provide the quickest route, even when specifying that this is the priority. It always wants you to drive on a major road, even when other good routes exist that are quicker.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

My 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid was just what I wanted, I thought. In the 2 years I've had it I have encountered 2 persistent problems, the GPS system, Scout GPS Link, is useless, and any temps below 60 degrees prevent some of the safety features from working.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I’ve purchased a new 2017 Toyota Camry in 2017. Since I’ve had many electrical issues, mechanical issues, and customer service issues. 3 times at 3 different locations have either refused, turned me away or charged me for service that was covered under warranty. I would not recommend any Toyota service dealership to have any work done on any type of vehicle. I’ve tried to contact Toyota customer care # and was on hold over 45 minutes and hung up. This is not customer service. This is take your money and screw you. I want my vehicle fixed and nothing is being done. This is absolutely ridiculous. Toyota as I thought were great vehicles. I must have got a lemon or someone turned it into a lemon after I purchased it.

Toyota Camry Company Information