4.01/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Toyota Camry

The Toyota Camry started out as a compact car, but more recent models are mdi-size. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

317 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Toyota has lowered the bar on being accountable to asking for and receiving feedback. While I am generally happy with my Toyota vehicles, they are relentless in pursuit of feedback to use against their dealerships but they really don't care to hear about the points when they fail to meet customer expectations. My 2018 Camry has remote start via Toyota.com. What is presented as amazing technology is really a nightmare. While attempting to start my car remotely, I frequently encounter delays and extra steps to accomplish what a single push of the button on my Viper remote could accomplish. It took 4 minutes today to start my car.

Unable to process my request happens far too often. Attempting to find a way to give them feedback yields few options. If I had a concern about a dealer, they are all over it. Another concern I have with keyless entry is the car remains running when I get out, even when it is drive away. Recently I forgot to hand my key to the valet and he drove off, no problem, but he had to find me to retrieve my key so he could move my car. It's not okay that a car could be stolen and only have the fact that they need to keep it running as a deterrent. The car should not run when the key is not within range. My initial decision to buy a Toyota came years ago after reading The Toyota Way. This company today does not even remotely resemble the company portrayed in that book.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I received a recall (oops extended warranty) notice on my 2009 Camry saying that the dashboard could become sticky and that they were extending the warranty for 10 years past the time the car was placed in service. We had no problem so we put the notice aside and forgot about it. We later had a very sticky dashboard, but had forgotten about the notice. We recently found the notice and called to make an appointment.

It turned out that the vehicle had been placed in service in November of 2018 -- so we missed the deadline by 1 month and 15 days. An appeal to national was totally unsuccessful. So if you want justice -- I guess we got it, but if you want any mercy or any leniency forget it. We also have a Mazda with a similar problem which was quickly fixed at no cost. They made an inferior dashboard and fixed the problem with an extended warranty rather than a recall so they now say they have no legal responsibility to fix it. Moral responsibility???

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I purchased a 2018 Toyota Camry in October 2017. I had heard nothing but good news about Camrys. I wasn't really looking to purchase right then, but was convinced to buy. OK I should have waited but it is what it is. I paid way more for it than I should have with what the dealer carried over from my truck. Live and learn. So the car runs good, gets good gas mileage, but I live in Arizona. That's where the problems come in. As anyone knows it gets hot in Phoenix, and when it gets really hot, above 105 degrees the lane assist light and the frontal crash light comes on on the dash and stays on either until I turn the car off or it cools down. The rear middle seat belt light comes on at any temperature and the "dinger" goes off as if someone is sitting in it, yet no one is.

One day when all the lights came on I zipped over to the nearest Toyota dealership because the one I purchased it from said they couldn't help me unless they (the lights) were on when I got there. So this dealership took my car in and put it on their diagnostic machine and came back and said "There was nothning wrong that they could find, and that it even states in the owner's manual that if temperatures reach a certain degree, that certain accessories may not work". I was floored and said "So you're telling me that this thing has "factory flaws" and I am supposed to just deal with it". For as much as I paid for this, he just shrugged his shoulders like he didn't know what to tell me. Now my radio fizzles in and out occasionally. It fizzles and I lose the radio station and it goes back to the home screen, as soon as I start messing with buttons it comes back. I would sell this tomorrow if I could. Buyers beware.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I just got my I'll back after a suspension, and I needed a reliable car to go to work in. I happened to see a 1995 Toyota Camry for sale. I thought how great people said Toyotas are. Boy, was I ever dumb to listen to that. That car has one problem after another. I replaced tires, all four. Then it needed a front end alignment, sway bar needed to be replaced. That's all understandable that it would need maintenance work. The major problem started with the car sputtering and misfiring. Then I became stranded miles away from home, because it sputtered and misfired and shook, it struggled for power and then just died. I called for roadside assistance and had it towed, finally after being stranded for hours, to the mechanics. Then when they finally told me what was wrong with it, they said it just needs a tune up, that tune up costs me $421. Ok.

When I finally get the thing back, it seemed to be running fine, WRONG! After a few hours of use it started sputtering again and struggling for power. I managed to get it home. The next day I started to drive it, it seemed to drive normal after the overnight rest. Then I was taking it to the mechanics, I went up a hill then it started to sputter again. I arrived at an inspection at a red light, on a highway, then the car died there again. I was very angry. There was all this traffic behind me at the light. After a period of time a couple of guys helped push the piece of junk out of the highway.

Again I called roadside assistance and towed it back to the mechanics. It's still there now waiting to hear what else it could be. I googled the problem and found out 1995 Toyota Camry are known for this problem. Someone online said it turned out to be the water pump. I know next time I buy a car, it's going to be a Honda. When I get my car back, I'm going to be scared to drive it anywhere in fear of it breaking down on me.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

So I buy a 2018 XSE Camry. Worst mistake ever! Worst navigation ever. Then after 6 months, you have to pay for remote start? Even using the key I have to pay for remote start? Oh it gets better... The car cuts off when you get close to the door when you do use the remote start! Then there is app theirselves. THERE IS ALMOST ALWAYS AN ERROR! The lag in the engine, the smell of oil, terrible. The only thing using on the Entune app was Pandora and guess what? It has been removed! I really wish I never purchased this car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Camry?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I bought my Toyota Camry Hybrid from Tony and Jeff at Toyota of Orange dealership in California 9/14/18. My car makes a clunky noise when you pump the brakes in a parking lot or backing up. The sound is like a sticky brake with a clunky echo inside the car. This happens about 20 to 30 times each time I drive the car. My friends complain about the noise also. I received the report from the Toyota Service Advisor and Eric **, Shop Foreman and FTS Toyota engineer and Dave the service manager. They examined my brake noise on Sept 28. I received the report Oct 3.

Their conclusion was the Booster Brake Cylinder is making the noise and it is normal noise. I am glad the investigation has isolated the noise to one piece of equipment. I disagree to their conclusion. The noise is getting worst. The past four week, I have heard this clunk noise over 600 times. I now have to turn up the radio so I do not have to hear this irritating noise. They advertise “NO LEMON” and having a good warranty, but they won't fix my car.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

My Bluetooth and sometime my CD will not play. None of the buttons work. I am add, delete or change anything on my dashboard. From the reports and I have checking a lot of people is having the same problem, and they should have call a recall on this item. I purchase at the time that I purchase the car an extend warranty plus I have the manufacture warranty. Now the warranty has expire and I just bought the car in 2015.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

My mom has had a Toyota Camry since around 2010. She recently purchased a new, 2018 Camry XSE. I can’t get over how gorgeous this car is! But a recurring issue is the interior. I have always loved leather interior, but something about it gives me headaches! I’ve come to this conclusion because we had cloth upholstery in her previous car, and in my brother’s 2010 Corolla, I have never experienced this problem. Even my friends get headaches from sitting in her car! I had thought the issue would be resolved upon purchasing the new car, but it wasn’t. In extended car rides, it is even worse. The longer I stay in the car, the worse it gets.

Everything else about the cars (both the new one and the old one) is amazing! But this is something that has puzzled me as to why the leather would make me and other people so sick. It starts out as just a headache and then progresses to nausea. Other than that, the car is so wonderful. This issue has seriously taken the car from a five star car to a four star car. Her 2018 model car is better than many Mercedes. This can’t be ignored though. I hope there’s an answer as to why this affects me and others so awfully.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I always thought of Toyota Camry as a great reliable car until now. My 2012 has less than 43000 miles on it and the ac just stopped cooling. I went to get my usual oil change and tire rotation and ask if they could check the a.c. for what may just be an easy fix, fuse or relay switch and the answer was, "No but for 170 dollars we can do a full check and that cost would not be applied to the repair." No heart for the fact that I was having this issue with so little miles on it.

I really just wanted another option on it as I had to get a tire fixed fast two days before my oil change appointment and the mechanic there was kind enough not to charge me to check out my ac and told me the compressor is shot. I would have felt more comfortable having the dealership fix the problem but with the way they treated my concerns today no thanks. I'd rather have good old Joe Shmoe help me. Due to this experience Toyota will never have my business again. On average the cost of this repair is 2400.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I had a 2009 Camry and I have a 2012 Camry throughout the years. I have tried to get the map updates at least 4 different times just to find out that Toyota has none!!! I have requested that Toyota allow consumers to go directly to the GPS manufacturer and that has not happened either!!! I recommend NOT purchase GPS on any Toyota!!! A waste of money. Purchase a TomTom with lifetime upgrade!

Toyota Camry Company Information