Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.38/5

Gardnerville, NV

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

176 Tires Plus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I came in to get back brakes done, and my car rides smoother than ever before. Shawn was very professional and made any concern I had resolved. They truly make things right, and I have high standards in what I expect with customer service. Very good team at Davis Hwy location in Pensacola FL. Shawn knows how to keep customers and handles unhappy customers with fairness and integrity. I will return again. I will also refer everyone here.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I have always found the Tires Plus employees to be very helpful and knowledgeable. Whenever I have had to take my car to the store on Moreland Rd. in Waukesha, WI, I was always treated courteously and given all the facts so that I could make a good decision about needed service. I would highly recommend using this store for any services that they provide.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I had broken my lights on my car. After a few years they have gone out, the people in the front help me order my parts and come in the next day. They installed it for free and were very generous and sweet. Anyone writing a bad review was obviously on drugs because these people are awesome. For any Zephyrhills people bring your cars here And you won’t end up regretting as the prices are unbeatable and the service is exceptional, never been treated this well inside of the service store. Typically any other place I’ve gone I’ve gotten horrible service and outrageous prices. You won’t get a better deal in the hills! Shoutout Tires Plus.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Had paid $186.00 for one tire service only to find that they left 2 wheel lug nuts completely loose and a stud in my wheel damaged. Upon returning to the store for fixing I received a noncaring annoyed service manager which instead of an apology was dismissive and attempted to send me to another store. My safe operation of my vehicle was put in question. Do not go to Brandywine, Md Tire Plus Store 353168 - ** Service Manager for even air I'm a tire.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I have been a customer at TiresPlus (Gambrills, MD) for well over 10 years and I am sick and tired of them always trying to charge additional pricing. I sent my son there to get an oil change ($24.99 w/ coupon) and tire rotation. I have never been charged an additional price for tire rotation and they tell my son, it'll be an additional $20 for a tire rotation. Then, he made the mistake of telling TiresPlus he just got the car in the fall, so of course they found a gazillion things wrong with a car that has recently passed a Georgia and Maryland inspections. They tell my son that the drain plug was defective and they'll have to replace it with for an additional $11.99. :-( These bloodsuckers are the same people who, when I presented a $100 off coupon for brakes, told me I still owed $147 for simply replacing my front brake pads. Really!? What brake pads and labor costs $247? I could get brake pads and rotors for that price. I, really, am done with this place.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tires Plus?

Original review: April 23, 2019

Tires Plus is a great alternative to the dealership in terms of pricing. They do 1-year warranty with unlimited free visits instead of paying per wheel alignment service by dealerships. What's frustrating is customers are required to wait longer than they should just to get served and that's in every branch within Jacksonville. Very frustrating and very disappointing. Tires Plus, at times, being more frustrated on the wait time than waiting for the JTA bus line for an hour or waiting for the dealership. The pros of service from dealerships is they only are obligated to serve cars that gets purchased from them whereas Tires Plus serves every brand of car. Another pro is dealership have half hour blocks for scheduling whereas Tires Plus only has hourly blocks for service. Tires Plus are worse than dealerships for scheduling wheel alignments on a last minute thing without proper evidence something's wrong with the car itself.

Resolution response: April 24, 2019

Tires Plus called me right away and made things right.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I took my rim/tire in to get the tire replaced due to pothole damage to the tire. This was on a Sunday so they couldn't do anything until Monday. They told me the price of the tire was $235. There was a 3 day delay which was my fault in not following the road hazard warranty process. After that, I picked up the rim/tire and they had 3 new scratches in my 8 day old rim (now Sat, 6 days later)! They didn't even argue with me about the scratches and said they'd replace the rim. I gave them the receipt from Tire Rack and waited 5 days.

Now, it's been 11 days. I stopped by and they told me they sent the rim to Wheel Tech in Omaha to get refinished. I had no problem with that and they told me it would be done by the end of the week. 3 days later (Friday, 12 days into this process), they said it was on a truck getting sent to Tires Plus and they would locate it and call me back. Nothing. I was upset and gave them a few more days.

Tues, I called them and they said that Wheel Tech LOST it (now 16 days)! They were going to buy a new rim from TireRack and bill Wheel Tech. Saturday (now 20 days), I went to Tires Plus. They had the original rim/tire back with a new rim in a box that I could have for free (what will I do with that???). I got the rim/tire home to install it and found that the original rim was still scratched and the tire pressure was at 24psi. The right thing to do was at LEAST put the new tire on the new rim! I just don't want anything to do with that place anymore. I know... I should go back and have them make it right but I really don't want anything to do with them. STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: April 8, 2019

I had and oil change and inspection done late Saturday 4/6/19. (It included a tire rotation and a test drive by the tech to check on a brake issue I'd noticed.) I picked up the car just before closing time and drove the roughly 4 blocks home, parked the car in the garage until Monday morning, 4/8/19. At that time I went to take my dogs for a ride and walk. I made it at most another 4 blocks at which time I noticed a loud noise that I thought was construction noise (thought it was a power saw, etc!), continued about another 6 blocks by which time I figured out the loud noise was coming from my car, when I pulled over I saw metal hanging down underneath my car (it was scraping the ground as I was driving).

I drove directly back to Tires Plus and spoke to the interim manager who proceeded to tell me that since it was a fresh scrape it obviously just happened (remember it was scraping the road as I was driving so of course the scrapes were "fresh" plus they just worked on the car on Saturday). He said that if I didn't do it someone else in the household obviously did it. Well it's just me and my husband and we were together all day Sunday, so no. My lesson from this is don't go to Tires Plus ever again, if someone test drives your car - go with them to observe and lastly, watch while techs do any repairs on the car.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Went in to get an oil change and was there for almost 2 hours. I had even made an appointment. Well what they were trying to do is get the black sharpie out of my seat, door, and steering wheel. Supposedly the guy's sharpie exploded and he didn't know until after the fact. They were so rude and unprofessional saying I'll have to go get it cleaned myself then they'll reimburse me. Well I had 2 different places look at it and they can't get it out. So I'm having to get my NEW seat in my car replaced and have them do my door.

This is going to cost close to 500.00. So I called the shop and was told, "Do what you have to do." REALLY!?! You guys are the ones who did it and you're not even trying to help me. So I asked for the manager and the guy tells me he is the supervisor and the manager is out on vacation for 8-10 days!! I then asked for the corporate number and he refuses to get it for me saying he don't know the number. He was not trying to help me at all. So I looked the number up myself and when I called them they had to file a claim. Why couldn't they do all this for me?!? I'm so upset with the service I received and I'll just wait and see what happens now. I will be suing if they do not pay to get this fixed, plus pay for the rental car I will need.

Original review: March 16, 2019

We pulled into the Tires Plus at 300 South Snelling in St. Paul, MN on 3/15/2019 to have one flat tire fixed. The manager tried to sell us four new tires when the other three were just fine (as we were told by the dealer one week before). AND, they refused to fix the one tire unless we bought four brand new tires. We refused and had the car towed somewhere else that fixed that flat tire and told us we did not not need four new tires. This was nothing less than attempted fraud.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Drove a car to this place for an oil change and an estimate on air conditioning problem. Was talked into $2,700 worth of work and had to TOW my vehicle off their lot to a dealer. Also noticed the subwoofer was missing after they had the vehicle. Was told they never went into the trunk. Really? You did a COMPLETE vehicle inspection and NEVER looked at the battery that is in the trunk??? I have used this place for many years without incident but whoever they have hired recently has broken my trust in this establishment. I am out $2,700 and don't even have a vehicle to drive. I will never go back.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I was lied to by personnel incl manager on several occasions. Went in to have slow leak flat fixed. They refused repair stating tires were too worn and law prevented them to make repair. I had two (2) other tire shops inspect and both agreed that tires were fine and, in fact, had between 15,000 - 20,000 miles remaining on tires with 50k mile warranty - car only had 28k miles. Tires Plus is total rip off operation.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Been a customer of Tires Plus Brooklyn Park for many years without issue. But in January 2019 I visited the store to make two cash payments. One in the first week of the month and the other last week in the month as I anticipated not being in town to make Feb payment in the first week totaling $375.00. However, I got a gut feeling the payment was not applied but pocketed.

Mid-Feb 2019 received a call from credit first reporting they had not received my payment for Jan or Feb. I informed them of my suspicion. I contacted Tires Plus and asked to view in-store camera on a register. Told they do not have any surveillance on premises at all. The guy who pocketed money obviously knew that. I am 61 years old woman whom he took advantage of and I am so saddened to have experienced theft from within the store. I will never patronize this store again. This could be alleviated if payments could be made by check or debit cards, but they only accept cash.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I made an appointment with Tires Plus today in Athens, GA and it was for 1pm. We all know oil changes take about 30 mins or so and it is 3.30pm and I still don't have my car back. That's 2 and half hours. I called at 2.45 and was put on hold for 8 minutes and when the receptionist got back to me she told me it would be ready within the 30 mins. They called me a few minutes ago to tell me I needed some other work done (nothing major) and I declined and the car is still not ready. It is now 3.40pm. Nearly 3 hours to get an oil change. That's ridiculous. I needed to get back to work. Awful experience. Never again!!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Tires Plus, East Lake Road - The serpentine belt in my car needed replacing. I was quoted $63, which seemed reasonable (replacement belts are available at Autozone for $20). It took them about 10 minutes to tell me my car was ready, and they charged me $223. When I questioned the clerk about the price disparity, he said he had not quoted labor costs. YouTube has videos showing the replacement being done in under 90 seconds. An absolute rip off, and had I known of the actual amount they were going to charge, I would have simply replaced the belt myself.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I went to the Pines location in Florida and they are a bunch of thieves. Every time you called and ask for a quote each manager gave you a different price. Ordered two tires. Got two different quote, but when my husband showed up they gave him way lesser price than what they told me. When they realized they got upset. Customer service sucks! I will never do business with them again. Unsatisfied customer. Be warned!!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I drop my car off at Tire Plus and got some service oil change and 4 tire before Christmas. I was at Tire Plus 2 days in a row. They said I needed shock and strut so I didn’t drive my car for the holiday. So when I get back home I notice some oil under my car so I check the oil and the transmission fluid and it was good so I drive it to the store and the next day still leaving so I took it to get someone to look at it and it’s coming from the oil pan. Unacceptable. The next day I took it back to TIre Plus. They didn’t even apologize for their mistake. If I didn’t pay attention to the leak it could of been worse. I felt like they didn’t even care. I had to take another day off from work to take care of the same issue again that should of been taking care of. I make a complaint to customer service, they said someone won’t call me back. No one from customer service call me back.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

The Tires Plus I am reviewing is the one in Weston, FLORIDA on Weston Road. I have for many years purchased my car batteries at Tires Plus. Each time the battery last approximately 2 years, they pro rate it and charge me again. I do not find this normal. I have since learned that they are installing an inappropriate battery for diesel engine.

On this occasion 12/27/2018, my daughter took it in and they said the battery was fine, she insisted it was not and they I'll willingly changed it out and put a note in my file saying it was no longer to be exchanged. This morning 12/28/2018 the car again didn't start on the first try, so I took it to a very reputable known European car repair shop. They came back and said it's without a doubt the battery and gave me the before and after printouts. They also said it was the wrong battery for my car. I also noticed the battery Tires Plus put in didn't have the same wrapping as a new one. I have battery pictures and printouts, have not had a problem after the European shop put in new battery.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Went in for an inspection because my car idle was off. They say my car was coding the MAP sensor and charged me $180 for a part that cost $60. I called Hyundai after the fact, & the part there was $79. This isn’t the first time they’ve price gauged parts. They did that with my daughter car. They quoted her $3000 to fix the axle, brake sensor, strut & a tire replacement on the front passenger. I’m not sure where they get their parts from but they are definitely overcharging for parts!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Stay away from Tires Plus in Camp Hill! Earlier this year, I was in the market for a new mechanic, so I tried them out for my inspection after they helped my husband with a flat tire in a snow storm. They told me I needed work that would total around $3300 to fix. I wanted a second opinion, so I took my car to another shop in Harrisburg. They said while I did need some work, their quote was around $2000, so I went with them.

On 11/19/18, the battery died in my SUV. My husband was half a block from Tires Plus in Camp Hill, PA, so when we had trouble jumping it the next morning, we called them for help - and they did have someone walk over to help us. We drove it there and got a quote for a battery and they offered to test the system to see if that was the only problem. They called me at work a few hours later telling me I needed an alternator and it would be an extra $430. I didn't authorize the work, aside from the battery, and later that night I dropped it off at the other garage I usually go to after calling them to explain the situation.

This morning, the second garage called me to tell me my car was running fine - no alternator needed. And they replaced some bolts that were stripped near the battery that hadn't been the last time they looked at the car. They also reset the oil change light they had missed when it had been in for an oil change. I am very glad that both times I've gotten a second opinion, because I could have been out of A LOT of money.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

My daughter sat there for over four hours waiting on new tires and at the end of her night, they put her old tires back on because they didn't have any for her car. First they claim the inventory was off, then they went looking at another location, told her they was on the way, still no tires. The store manager was the one working on her car and he screwed this thing all up. So her one and only day off from work was there waiting for nothing. I will never recommend this place to anyone and will tell everyone I know not to go there. This location is in Gaithersburg MD and the manager name is Lewis.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Going there awhile at Royersford, PA. Ken ** is manager and a **. He told me I had a leak and to find it they had to steam the engine. I brought in the car the night before and filled out the paper envelope and put key in it. Next day they still had not gotten to it till noon. This was now a Sunday. They steamed my engine and put some dye in it and then decided to play with my phone in the console. Well, when I came to pick up car I went in it and the engine light was on and so was the trac light. I walked back and said something is wrong. They looked at the light and one of the men used some device and told the other guy two cylinders are not firing. I was to bring back the next day because it was closing. I brought back and asked for brake shoes. They had already got me for a battery on Sunday.

Well, for six months the manager had told me I needed rotors...not the truth. Only brake pads that I was overcharged for the right side front of car. Over $200. Check light on they said it would go off. I began to drive home and barely got home. Called AAA and had it towed to a Lexus Dealership. The men found the issue there and I called the manager back who was supposed to be over ** to give the information. He never phoned them. He told me I had to prove they did it. What an **. They did it. I certainly didn't do it. I am 71 and not a mechanic. It will cost $462 to fix plus the $136 to check the car out. I will sue for the emotional distress they are causing me and for the repairs I will have to pay for just to have my car back.

I think it is $10,000 in small claims court here in PA. This is the last car my husband bought me. He is in a nursing home with dementia in Iowa and I could never tell him. He is dying. How cruel these people are to a woman...how cruel. Dian **...I am not ashamed to tell what happened or be anonymous. My phone number is: **. This company needs a class action lawsuit to wake them up about how they say they can fix cars...but really can only change tires. That is called fraud.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I was in an emergency situations on 10/23/18, I stopped at Firestone and was told by Firestone to go to Tires Plus since they stayed open later, however when I got there I was told that they couldn't service my car because the wait would be 2 hours and they were unable to fix my flat that night. When I looked around there was only 2 people in the waiting area, so I was even more confused. I got there around 6:15 pm and they closed at 8:00pm. I was in an area that was dark with not many street lights and had to try to get back on my side of town, which is about 30 minutes from Tire Plus on Greenbay Rd., off Brown Deer Road, hoping and praying that the tire wouldn't go all the way flat until I made it home safe. I was in disbelief that with being a tire care center that they would not help in an emergency situation.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

My experience with Tires Plus in Naples Florida. Management is absolutely unprofessional and rude to say the least. I have been overcharged every single time I had service at this location. They quoted me a price, I okayed it, I go get something to eat, when I return for my vehicle the price nearly doubled! I would am contacting the Better Business Bureau as I strongly feel I was overcharged and provided poor service because I am a woman.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

After over 10 year of bringing vehicles to this store, I am now considering other options. On a Sunday, the check-in manager could not work me in to patch a tire. The check-in manager was too worried about a printed schedule and not using common sense and providing good customer service. He did not smile. Was very put off that I needed work completed today. I recommend Tires Plus train your staff on Customer Service and how to take care of repeat customers. Customer service continues to decline at this store as managers seem to come and go faster and faster. With this lack of training, I am starting to understand. I am now considering different options in the other that provide Good Customer Care and Service.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I went in for my four tires to be changed and a wheel alignment. When my tires were taken off, I was informed that the front struts were weak and it would cost a little over $1,300 to fix. I told them no I didn’t want it fix and since the car can’t be aligned, my old tires should be placed back on. They insisted that I had to pay for the new tires because that’s why I had gone in. A cop was called on me. The manager at Tire Plus on Silver Lake Road, MN was rude and racist. If you want to be insulted, experience price infliction and have the cops called on you, then that’s the place to go. Never again will I take my business to that store. They are wolves in sheep clothing!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

If you have all day this is the place for you. 3 hours to take a screw out of a tire and give an oil change. This is the second time going here and shame on me for giving them another shot. I'll never return to this company again.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I took my car into Tires Plus to check and see why my AC was blowing warm air. They hooked it up on some machine, which I could see through the window. About two hours later they come out and tell me that my compressor exploded and needs vacuumed out because there are metal fragments throughout the system. I would need a new compressor and condenser plus their AC service. The grand total for the repair would be $2,398.60. I said there is no way I could afford that. They said they understand and sent me on my way. A friend told me it probably just needs freon and go buy an AC Pro. I bought one, followed the directions, and now my AC is ice cold for $50!! I'll never go to a Tires Plus ever again!

Original review: July 5, 2018

Product was of good quality. Service was substandard at best. I bought 4 new tires and had them rotated one year ago. I recently had a flat and removed it for repair. One of the lugs were crossthreaded. As a result, the lug broke off. My car was left with only 4 on that tire/wheel. Was willing to accept that and chalk it up to bad luck. I had decided to rotate tires in the process. In doing so, multiple lugs were broken off on more than one wheel which for safety purposes left me with a repair bill that left me without enough money to return home. I was on a road trip and over 500 miles away from home. There weren't any Tires Plus locations within 100 miles from my location. I called customer service and to make a long story short I was told I would be stranded for 48 hours while they made a decision whether to assist me or not. They were the only ones to touch my wheels and tires since tires were bought new.

Clearly at fault, they left me stranded with minor children in the heat with heat index in excess of 103. Beyond the fact that they were directly responsible for break down, they showed complete disregard for the safety of the customer and their family. This is a company that clearly does not care or should not be in business when people's lives are on the line. I will never use them again and will be filing a lawsuit for repair cost and endangerment of minor children by refusal to help get a long term customer and their children back on the road in dangerous heat with warnings in place at time. I recommend staying far away from such companies.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Have been buying tires at Tires Plus for over 25 years with no problems or complaints until now. Recently purchased 4 new tires for my truck. When paying the bill the service manager told me I was leaking power steering fluid from the steering rack and I needed the rack and ball joints replaced at a cost of $1200. Hummm? Politely told him I would have my own mechanic check it. Week or so later my own mechanic (I have used the same shop for 20 years) was doing some unrelated work on my truck. Without telling him about my experience at Tires Plus I told him to check for a power steering leak. He said it was a loose hose clamp and tightened it. (No charge.) I then asked him to recheck the rack and ball joints and he said they were fine. $1200 will buy a lot of tires from competitors of Tires Plus as I will no longer buy from them.

Tires Plus Company Information