Tires Plus

Gardnerville, NV

Compare Auto Service and Repair

Research top Auto Service and Repair recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Was helping an 85 year old neighbor with her car. Figured out the battery was dead. Apparently she bought it at Tires Plus on Horizon Ridge in Henderson one year ago and had to get jump started and charged the battery five times since purchase. The (over-priced) Battery was not good since purchased and comes with a 3 year replacement. When I called the assistant manager, Cody, said he might get one in three days. I found that hard to believe so I got the corporate number to try to get another battery for the neighbor.

The receptionist said the complaint department was not available and couldn't say when they would be. She said they would call back but I have yet to hear from them. I checked with another Tires Plus in the area. The manager told me to come pick one up. I did and was pleased with his service. My recommendation to anyone is to not go to the Horizon Ridge store in Henderson for any reason. Their customer service SUCKS! They prey on the elderly in the area to maximize their profits without concern or apology. DON’T GO THERE!

After reading many negative reviews, I thought I should share my experience. I've been bringing my high-mileage vehicles to a KC area Tires Plus (Vivion Rd location) for over a year. They have been nothing but honest with us. We have had some difficult issues with my 08 Kia Sedona. When the first attempt to fix the problem did not work, they worked on it again at no cost. They have been honest about repairs that could wait. (I've always fixed my own vehicles, so I know when they are not being honest.) That is something I really appreciate.

I asked about new brakes but was told I could easily go another two years on my current set, saving me a decent chunk of money. They also cut me a very good deal on a set of tires for my van after failing to find hard-to-notice uneven tread wear that was affecting handling. I will only take my vehicles to this location and we live 40 minutes away. So not every store is bad. Really depends on the location. Plus, watch for coupons. Basically got a free set of spark plugs and wires while having other work done thanks to a $100 off $500 coupon.

We called ahead to Tires Plus and explained that we needed our 4 tires mounted and balanced, including all 4 new valve stems, they told us to come on in and they would take care of us right away. They did as we asked (so I thought) and we were out the door. My drive home was about 30 minutes. As soon as I got home and went to put the tires on my vehicle, EVERY SINGLE TIRE had leaked air and were going flat. I called them right away to tell them and their response was that they would do nothing for me because the tires were holding air when I left. I paid them $106 for nothing.

So I took the tires to Bauer Built and was charged over $200 because they had to remove the tires from the rims, clean the rims, replace the valve stems that Tires Plus had put on, and remount and balance the tires that we had JUST (a couple hours prior) paid Tires Plus to do. Bauer Built explained to us that because Tires Plus hadn't cleaned the rims prior to putting the new tires on, the tires could not seat properly and was causing the leak. So we ended up paying Bauer Built double to fix what Tires Plus should have done right the first time AND paid Tires Plus even though their mistake cost us triple in the end. The least Tires Plus should do is reimburse what we paid them. And even better would be, to be reimbursed what we had to pay Bauer Built for their Tires Plus's negligence. If needed, I can provide receipts supporting my complaint.

After make a struts replacement on my 10 year old Honda Ridgeline, I decide that was time for my first Alignment, Took it to TIRES PLUS ON CLEARWATER corner of US 60/US19 because was close to my work. Mentioned the way that after change the struts I was recommended a alignment. Right after work I pick it up. The first impression after was a knock noise, after that I realize that is was pulling to the left, dangerously drove home.

Next day drove back and told the guy, "What is happening?". He's just told me, "I will put it back on the machine" but if is something that the mechanic left loose, they won't fix it, That I have to take it back to the mechanic and bring them back. I reply to him if is something that is affecting my alignment he has to fixed and left, 1 hour later call me back with the Excuse that the struts were bad, "Oh I will call you back. I'm working." At lunch time I call and they told me that the spring on the struts where faulty mounted. I took it the Corp Office and mentioned to them, "Ok now you're hurting me - come back and get refund the money." Very bad business - never come back. Store # 243426.

Took my car in for oil change and rotate tires. Some way the tire picked up a nail, took car in the next morning to Tires Plus in Alpharetta Georgia on Old Milton Parkway. They kept car two hours. Plugged the tire. Fine. Great. That's what I asked. Got on the road driving around Atlanta and car was making a ridiculous amount of noise. Had to take the car in again Sunday. This time they kept car for 3 hrs then told me I needed struts and it would be $1100. And that my tires were cupping. Then I took my car to a friend who has a dealership. He said absolutely nothing was wrong with my car and it was in great condition and that Tires Plus was trying to rip me off. This is not the first time they have done this. One time before they told me I needed $600 worth of work and again nothing was wrong with my car. DO NOT TRUST TIRES PLUS at all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tires Plus?

Monday, Aug 1st oil change and four new tires. Tuesday let them know there's a problem with tires, that I'll be taking car on highway and see how car handles with new tires. Car vibrated down road real bad. After another appointment that took two hours, two tires found to be out of round. Needed to be ordered. Also one front tire was incorrectly balanced. Had to order tires which got put on this morning. Car inspection said my serp belt good. Five miles down the road my serp belt broke leaving my disabled ** stranded. 59 minute tire change with oil change took 3.5 hours. Told manager it took over 59 minutes, I want 59$. Was told hour seventeen minutes included oil change. Told him a front tire wasn't balanced right from the start and had to be brought back in. Job wasn't complete and told him all they had to do was look at my tire rotating on their balance machine and see it's out of round. I could see it looking in from the overhead garage door.

He told me they do not have time to check every tire for being out of round, but yet it happens more than I think. It takes seconds to look at that tire rotate. Brought in my belt, was told it was a good belt because it didn't have more than ten cracks in an inch. Well have a friend who is a certified mech for a dealership (Dodge). He got me back on the road and stated it's three cracks in an inch and no more than half deep. Three and a half hours for a tire change and oil. Three trips and found on the road dead. Thanks!

This business routinely attempts to INFLATE AND COERCE PATRONS into repairs which ARE NOT warranted. Just Saturday they attempted to "clean" my friend's injectors at a cost of $140.00. The place is a total RIP-OFF!

Bob, Jake and Dr. ** took their time to find out the problem and fix them for me. I already had good experience on their service. Recommend by my co-workers 20 years ago and I am still go to them if I need something done. Good job guys.

Brought the car in for an oil change, told me I needed a timing belt change. It had a sticker on the timing cover stating it was done less than 20,000 miles ago. Said I also needed hoses, dist. cap wires and rotor. Never looked at them. I needed two tires and struts, they did not try to sell me these items.

I went to Tires Plus in Conyers, GA for a simple oil change. There were two female managers on duty that morning. As usual they check the vehicle over for hidden problems. The last time I was in they wanted to change my cabin filter for $40 which I can do myself so I declined. Well I never got around to changing it and I wanted to see if they would bring it up again. To my surprise, no. The manager did come to me with a scare tactic and say "you had no oil in your engine and it was getting ready to lock up". Hmmm, I said "that's strange" being that my oil change light indicator just came on and was telling me how much life percentage was left. She proceeded to tell me that I need to go by the sticker they put in my window for oil changes versus what the car is telling me. What??? She also informed me that I had a valve leak; I asked where and she said they're still inspecting and will let me know.

About 10 minutes later she comes back and says it's at the top and my oil had leaked out all over my engine. I needed to get it fixed as soon as possible so that I don't break down. She gave me a price quote of $600 for valve work. I sensed BS from the start. I advised her that I would have it checked out myself. I knew there wasn't an oil leak, no oil in the garage, driveway nor all over my engine. So at my next oil change I took it straight to the dealership. My car was thoroughly checked for issues and the only thing discovered that needed to be addressed were tires needed to be purchased soon but didn't have to be that day. Now the dealership could have taken advantage of me, especially as a female not being too informed, but they were honest. I will never, ever do business with Tires Plus again. Buyer beware.

I just had new tires put on my trailblazer along with oil change and alignment. There was some kind of problem that they could not get it to align right. So they called me to say that the tie rod end was bad and it needed to be replaced before they could get it to align right. Well they charged me 229.00 for part and labor. Ok, I come home and researched the same exact part and found it for 31.99. Excluding the labor I was charged 173.99 for the part. Had I know that was the case I would have told them no.

I feel they took advantage of me because first of all I am a woman, stuck in between a rock and a hard place. Since I work for our local public school I will not receive another paycheck until mid-August when we go back to school. I do not get to draw any money during this time off. I am not a teacher. I am a para working with autistic children. I can't even make my house payment for the next two months because this dipped into my summer budget dramatically. Tires I had allotted for and would be able to make the house payments but would be skimping by for anything else during the summer. Is there anything that can be done about this kind of thing. Please help us consumers that are being taken advantage of. If need be I can provide a copy of the paperwork on this.

I took my 2007 Honda Accord, for vibration in the brakes to the Tires Plus in Waukesha, on Sunset Dr. I'm 62 so have had many cars and many trips to the repair center, when it was too hard for me to do. I knew I needed brakes and rotors all around. I found I also needed rear calipers. My bill was 1000.00 - the most I ever paid for a brake job, more than 700.00 was in parts. I checked all around the various parts house (where they would buy from) and even a dealer. For someone walking in and buying the parts would have been approx. 325.00. Even at the Honda dealer, I could of got high performance parts for 500.00. I have tried to work with TP, but no one will talk to me. Beware - customer service is not their strong suit. I will never do business with them again, and urge all to follow.

Bought tires 32000 miles ago. Guaranteed for 60000. Tires worn out, went to inquire about guarantee. Was told I didn't have them routinely rotated by them. I rotate my own tires every 5000 miles and you could see that they were equally worn out. They then told me that the tires, destination le, were not very good tires and the new destination le 2 tire have been reformulated and that my tires even had some recalls. This is my fault?? Very disappointed, thought that they were a better company than that.

I was charged $31.99 for an oil filter that is sold for $12.99 at Advanced Auto Parts. In addition, I used an oil change coupon from Tires Plus that includes filter, engine oil, disposal, labor, etc. However, I was charged again for filter, labor, disposal, etc. I was charged for a total $85 for an oil change that was advertised as $35 on their website.

I went to Tires Plus on Peach Orchard Rd in Augusta GA to get an alignment. I was told I needed inner tie rod before I could receive an alignment. I had gotten the inner tie rod done but come to find out I did not need any new ones. I needed outer tie rod and also a rack and pinion. I wasted my money and time. They are very unprofessional. I will never go there again.

I noticed a tire which continued to deflate and made an appointment with Tires Plus to have it checked. At the same time, I also scheduled an oil change. When I arrived, they pulled the tire off and discovered several nails and claimed it could not be repaired and quoted me the price of tires. Of course starting with the highest price, which I could not afford. They did happen to have one of the less expensive tires on hand. Upon returning to my vehicle, I was surprised both jobs were completed quickly and inquired rather the oil changed had been completed also. At that time, I was told it had been. I paid my bill, and when I pulled away from the business I noticed there was no tag on the window to indicate when the next oil change was due.

To be truthful I was skeptical and when I called and asked again, I was assured it was completed or it would not be listed on the paperwork. To my misfortune I let it go. To be truthful, what type of proof can a person ask for to verify an oil change was performed? Now looking back, I should have looked at the oil to verify it was clean, but I didn't. Over the last month I noticed problems with my engine that I've dealt with before, a sluggishness, and went to my normal place for an oil change. They perform a full service, so in checking the different fluids, it would give me an indication if other problems I was not aware of may be developing. They found no problems and as an afterthought I asked how dirty the oil was.

At that time, I was told it was extremely dirty and I may wish to change it more often to avoid future issues. He was clearly under the impression it had not been changed in a long time and that was how I knew my suspicion that I had been mislead was correct. I don't expect any compensation obviously, this is simply my only means of expression that if a person wishes to conduct business with Tires Plus, to proceed with extreme caution. I do still have the receipt as I have always been taught to retain vehicle maintenance records. Unfortunately not all companies will honor a receipt, especially a female in what is considered a predominantly male-led industry.

Don't believe the 59 min guarantee that they boast about. You are supposed to be able to go in and get four tires mounted and balanced in 59 min. Both Tires Plus locations that I went to, I was having two tires put on the first location, sold me on an oil change since it was due, and it took them over an hour and a half to get it done along with the two tires. I can change the oil in my car in 15 minutes without a lift available and if they were dragging their butts. It shouldn't take another hour and a half to mount and balance 2 not 4 tires. The second location that I went to tried to sell me another oil change even though they had all the information from the first visit on their computer. Now the two visits were less than a week difference. The second location also tried to tell me I needed a new air cleaner filter. My question is why were they even under the hood when I didn't request anything else but the two new tires to be mounted and balanced on the car?

A little over a year after the purchase and less than 500 miles on the tires, one was totally worn out. Asked about the warranty and was given a runaround. Paid $289 for a new tire and waited for over two hours to have it put on with an appointment. When done, they took my money and said here is your warranty. I said what good is it? He said he was sorry and would send it up the chain of command and call me back. That was two months ago. As far as I am concerned I was completely ripped off.

Don't trust the online one quote from Tires Plus. It is a lie. I went in and they tried to charge me $200 more. And they upsold me and upsold me until it was $100 more.

Tires Plus on Ft. CROOK Road should be your first clue that this place is not honest. My son, went in about three weeks ago for a bargain oil change. They came back and said, we suspect an oil leak. We can test it for $40. After letting the dye run a couple days, my son went back. They couldn't find a big dye mark on the outside of the engine. They said, the oil must be leaking inside the engine. They then presented an estimate for head gasket, oil pan gasket, two engine rods, and some other seals and gaskets for $2,300. Now, this is for a 2002 Toyota with 175k on it. It runs great with no oil spots on the garage floor. I am thinking, wow! This sounds fishy.

We found a mom and pop garage down the street. They checked out the Toyota. They said, they couldn't find any oil leaks, but the oil on top of the engine was really dirty. They recommended an engine wash to really see if anything was wrong. They felt nothing was wrong, but the engine needed washing either way. If the head gasket was bad, it would only cost $150 plus some labor. Bottom line: Tires Plus not only lied about the oil leak. They may not have even changed the oil in the first place, if the next garage found dirty oil in the engine. Run, hide from these con artists. A disgusted dad who almost got stuck with the bill.

My car was making a noise and needed some attention to the brakes. It was Sunday and I was grateful to get an appointment with Tires Plus (1100 Atlantic Blvd, Neptune Beach, FL) as I only have one car and drive 45 min one way to work 5 days a week. It's all highway driving and I wanted to make sure my car is in top condition. To make a long story short, my roommate dropped my car off and when given an estimate on how much it would cost he called me to make sure it was ok. They insisted the calipers needed to be replaced along with brake pads and rotors for a grand total of $1200. Within 30 minutes of receiving the phone call from my roommate I had my friend call back to confirm the necessity of all the work being done. They said replacing the calipers was recommended on older cars.

My friend told them not to replace the calipers and just do the brake pads and rotors. They told my friend that the calipers had already been replaced and the job was done. A phone call was not received for another 2.5 hours telling me the car was finished. When I got to the facility my car was not done and was still in the rack. I heard the manager behind the counter telling a gentleman behind me that they were short handed (missing 2 guys). After consulting some friends, there is no way they could have completed replacing the calipers in the amount of time that had transpired between phone calls. Tires plus is poor excuse for car care and should be avoided at all costs. I have been raped by them and completely taken advantage of. I will never give them another cent and will advise everyone I come in contact with to avoid them at all cost. People's hard earned money should not be manipulated out of their pockets in the name of profit.

Brought my 2003 Chevy Tahoe in to the Cape Coral, Fl Tires Plus store (Hancock Bridge Pkwy) for some new brake pads. Was quoted $1300.00 to do the job. After the initial shock, I calmly told Fred that I wanted to bring my car to another mechanic shop not far from their location for a second opinion. Problem solved that same day from an honest shop for $529.00. $1300.00 - $529.00 = $771.00... $771.00!!! I told Fred that regardless of who does the work, that I would come back in to his shop and discuss it with him. I will see him later today.

I went to do an oil change at Tires Plus on S. Kirkman here in Orlando, FL. Mentioned to the cashier that my car had an oil spill and that I needed to know what was going on. The woman went to the back, spoke to the technician and when she came back I was told I needed a new motor without looking at my car. They said that the motor will run from 2,000 to 5,000 dollars, that they couldn't do the oil change because it was risky. I left sad and frustrated. I took the car to someone else and the problem was that it needed to be seal, there was no problem with the motor. I will not recommend this place to no one. Be careful where you take your car to.

Went for my appointment to have the oil changed. I have been a customer for 3 years, and they changed my oil in October 2015. After waiting for an hour they called me to come and look at my car in the shop. There was a problem. The car was down and they told me oil was in the engine area. When I didn't see anything they raised the car and a couple of drops of oil fell down. I asked if this was the problem and they told me it had to be several leaks and they needed to put the car on the machine to find out where the leaks were and proceed from there.

I informed them that I had been to the dealer's service center down the street yesterday and left with everything ok. They repaired the car and they put it on the machine and no mention of oil leak. I told them to give me the car and I would go to dealer to have a talk with them. When I did my follow up with the mechanic I was told I had no oil leak. And it should not have to be put on the machine to find a leak. I was disappointed and will not return - Newnan, GA Tires Plus.

Brought in Toyota for state inspection. They were unable to perform the emissions because the check engine light was on. They quoted me a $90 charge to "diagnose" the problem. I knew better and complained that a $90 charge to plug in a $16 meter to get a code was ridiculous. They agreed not to charge me if they couldn't figure out the issue. They could not figure out the problem and did not perform the emissions. I received a bill for the emissions $50 (which they didn't do) and an inspection sticker $6 which they didn't provide. When I picked up the car their attitude was terrible... like I did something wrong. You lost a customer for life and everyone I can possibly convince NEVER to use this business.

Due to cold weather and snow I had a brake line crack, so I took it to Tires Plus last Saturday. It is now one week later and I still don't have my van back even though I was forced to pay their ridiculously high bill of $824 to replace the cracked line and install new pads/routers just on the front two wheels. Then Mike tells me "For an additional $79.99 we will bleed the brake lines for you". Ummm, you cannot replace a brake line without bleeding the lines, so this is simply a way to steal an extra $79.99 from their Customers or should I say from their Prey... Every day David tell me the van will definitely be done that day, but it never is. I call Corporate Office every day and am told the Regional Manager will be in contact with me, but he never calls. Should be called Tires Plus a Three Ring Circus with Many Clowns!!!

I made an appointment online for an alignment. Took the vehicle in at scheduled time. Mark (manager) said it would be about an hour. After 1 1/2 hours of having the vehicle they called and said they couldn't do the alignment. The master mechanic was not there and it required more than just a simple alignment. Understandable! Rescheduled appointment for Tuesday morning.

When they brought the vehicle back out, the radio didn't work. Mark (manager) stated that they had to jump the vehicle to get it in and out of the bay. When the vehicle was dropped off 2 hours earlier, everything was working fine. When we questioned this we were told "things break" and he walked away. My son went in to ask for the District Manager's phone number and they refused to give it to him. My son demanded the information and was then kicked out of the shop. We immediately called the customer service 800 # and filed a complaint. NEVER use this company for anything. They like to take parts off or disconnect parts so that you have to bring your vehicle back in to be serviced. They are thieves!!!

I went in to get my tires balanced. The guy took it for a ride and came back, took off the front tire, but it was the back ones I wanted balanced. Told me I had flat spots on my tires from panic stopping. I am a licensed truck driver. I do not panic stop. Wanted to sell me 650.00 dollars worth of tires. They had 10,000 miles on them.

First experience I purchased 4 tires with life of tire rotation and ask for alignment. The pitman arm was worn and had play, no alignment was possible, but 350 dollar quote for replacing at best 140 dollar, two bolts and a torque wrench required. Left with my watch missing and no alignment. Watch is my fault because I forgot to take it out of my car.

Went to another location to just use my tire rotation and balance with not history of customer service issues. But every time I need a balance and rotation I get no service, I can't get in, too many cars ahead of me. I even was told to come back at open. I was to buy a new tire for a spare and include the balance and rotation. One tire balance and rotation out of almost three years of having these tire. I need it every second oil change. All I have is a paper and no service. I paid for the life of tire service. But it keeps tempting me to try and get what I paid for out of a third rate company. I'm looking for a mom and pop, these big chains just don't care at time of service.

This happened 3 years ago but It was without a doubt the gem of a society where it is pay us or else, even though we agreed on this price. And we need to offer no explanation. Just pay! I was looking for a boat tire for my Spartan trailer, and I called Tires Plus and they said "Yes, we have it on stock. Bring it in." So I brought the tire and rim in and got a tech to look at it. I placed it on the lawn beside the parking lot in the grassy part and the sales kid said "We will have it on in about a half of an hour." I did a few things around town while I waited and returned after 1/2 hour. The rim and tire never moved from the spot we set it. "We had problems with another vehicle, so we are behind." Okay... that happens. "But the salesman said yours is next. It should only take us 20 minutes max, try back in about 45 minutes." "Okay" says I.

I waited an hour just not to "hound them". Went there after an hour, tire is STILL not touched, same spot in the grass. Now I asked what's the story on my tire?? "Yep, we are changing it out next". I maintained composure throughout this entire wait, very nice, and the salesman was acting as if I was a thorn in his side for asking when will I get my tire? And giving him more time, coming back only to have "try back later".

Now the kicker... I was quoted $45.00 for the tire, $50.00 out the door. After I saw the tire mounted after nearly 4 hours of waiting I said "It's the wrong size". "It's cross-referenced in different measurements, but it's the same size". Said the sales person. Okay I didn't know so I took his word for it. For the record there, he was right, the tire worked. Now time to PAY... $62 dollars for the tire, $8.00 for shop rags, $12.00 for "SHOP TOOLS??" plus tax. There were 4 people in line to pay for who knows what behind me and I said "First off you said 50 bucks out the door", the tire was not balanced as he said "It's a trailer tire, no need" (he may be right, I dunno). Then I followed it up with "$8.00 is a lot of shop towels" as I was a printer so I knew how much Quartermaster charged per bundle of rags. But I said nothing about the rags.

I calmly said "Why is this tire nearly $20 more than you quoted me? And what is this SHOP TOOL of $12 for? His explanation was the tire was more because we had to cross it over to a different name tire as we did not have the correct size. (Even though he said he did) "And the $12 is for wear and tear on our tools." "Like what?" I said. "Just things like air." AIR?? I had no idea what he meant. "AIR??" I questioned him. "Yes. Wear and tear on the air compressor." I was floored. I paid the guy just to get it over with, in shock, anger, and disbelief. The consequences were simple - I was robbed and I would rather drive on rims than deal with Tires Plus again.

Tires Plus Company Profile