Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

164 Tires Plus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I went to the Pines location in Florida and they are a bunch of thieves. Every time you called and ask for a quote each manager gave you a different price. Ordered two tires. Got two different quote, but when my husband showed up they gave him way lesser price than what they told me. When they realized they got upset. Customer service sucks! I will never do business with them again. Unsatisfied customer. Be warned!!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I drop my car off at Tire Plus and got some service oil change and 4 tire before Christmas. I was at Tire Plus 2 days in a row. They said I needed shock and strut so I didn’t drive my car for the holiday. So when I get back home I notice some oil under my car so I check the oil and the transmission fluid and it was good so I drive it to the store and the next day still leaving so I took it to get someone to look at it and it’s coming from the oil pan. Unacceptable. The next day I took it back to TIre Plus. They didn’t even apologize for their mistake. If I didn’t pay attention to the leak it could of been worse. I felt like they didn’t even care. I had to take another day off from work to take care of the same issue again that should of been taking care of. I make a complaint to customer service, they said someone won’t call me back. No one from customer service call me back.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

The Tires Plus I am reviewing is the one in Weston, FLORIDA on Weston Road. I have for many years purchased my car batteries at Tires Plus. Each time the battery last approximately 2 years, they pro rate it and charge me again. I do not find this normal. I have since learned that they are installing an inappropriate battery for diesel engine.

On this occasion 12/27/2018, my daughter took it in and they said the battery was fine, she insisted it was not and they I'll willingly changed it out and put a note in my file saying it was no longer to be exchanged. This morning 12/28/2018 the car again didn't start on the first try, so I took it to a very reputable known European car repair shop. They came back and said it's without a doubt the battery and gave me the before and after printouts. They also said it was the wrong battery for my car. I also noticed the battery Tires Plus put in didn't have the same wrapping as a new one. I have battery pictures and printouts, have not had a problem after the European shop put in new battery.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Went in for an inspection because my car idle was off. They say my car was coding the MAP sensor and charged me $180 for a part that cost $60. I called Hyundai after the fact, & the part there was $79. This isn’t the first time they’ve price gauged parts. They did that with my daughter car. They quoted her $3000 to fix the axle, brake sensor, strut & a tire replacement on the front passenger. I’m not sure where they get their parts from but they are definitely overcharging for parts!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I came in to get back brakes done, and my car rides smoother than ever before. Shawn was very professional and made any concern I had resolved. They truly make things right, and I have high standards in what I expect with customer service. Very good team at Davis Hwy location in Pensacola FL. Shawn knows how to keep customers and handles unhappy customers with fairness and integrity. I will return again. I will also refer everyone here.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tires Plus?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I have always found the Tires Plus employees to be very helpful and knowledgeable. Whenever I have had to take my car to the store on Moreland Rd. in Waukesha, WI, I was always treated courteously and given all the facts so that I could make a good decision about needed service. I would highly recommend using this store for any services that they provide.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Stay away from Tires Plus in Camp Hill! Earlier this year, I was in the market for a new mechanic, so I tried them out for my inspection after they helped my husband with a flat tire in a snow storm. They told me I needed work that would total around $3300 to fix. I wanted a second opinion, so I took my car to another shop in Harrisburg. They said while I did need some work, their quote was around $2000, so I went with them.

On 11/19/18, the battery died in my SUV. My husband was half a block from Tires Plus in Camp Hill, PA, so when we had trouble jumping it the next morning, we called them for help - and they did have someone walk over to help us. We drove it there and got a quote for a battery and they offered to test the system to see if that was the only problem. They called me at work a few hours later telling me I needed an alternator and it would be an extra $430. I didn't authorize the work, aside from the battery, and later that night I dropped it off at the other garage I usually go to after calling them to explain the situation.

This morning, the second garage called me to tell me my car was running fine - no alternator needed. And they replaced some bolts that were stripped near the battery that hadn't been the last time they looked at the car. They also reset the oil change light they had missed when it had been in for an oil change. I am very glad that both times I've gotten a second opinion, because I could have been out of A LOT of money.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

My daughter sat there for over four hours waiting on new tires and at the end of her night, they put her old tires back on because they didn't have any for her car. First they claim the inventory was off, then they went looking at another location, told her they was on the way, still no tires. The store manager was the one working on her car and he screwed this thing all up. So her one and only day off from work was there waiting for nothing. I will never recommend this place to anyone and will tell everyone I know not to go there. This location is in Gaithersburg MD and the manager name is Lewis.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Going there awhile at Royersford, PA. Ken ** is manager and a **. He told me I had a leak and to find it they had to steam the engine. I brought in the car the night before and filled out the paper envelope and put key in it. Next day they still had not gotten to it till noon. This was now a Sunday. They steamed my engine and put some dye in it and then decided to play with my phone in the console. Well, when I came to pick up car I went in it and the engine light was on and so was the trac light. I walked back and said something is wrong. They looked at the light and one of the men used some device and told the other guy two cylinders are not firing. I was to bring back the next day because it was closing. I brought back and asked for brake shoes. They had already got me for a battery on Sunday.

Well, for six months the manager had told me I needed rotors...not the truth. Only brake pads that I was overcharged for the right side front of car. Over $200. Check light on they said it would go off. I began to drive home and barely got home. Called AAA and had it towed to a Lexus Dealership. The men found the issue there and I called the manager back who was supposed to be over ** to give the information. He never phoned them. He told me I had to prove they did it. What an **. They did it. I certainly didn't do it. I am 71 and not a mechanic. It will cost $462 to fix plus the $136 to check the car out. I will sue for the emotional distress they are causing me and for the repairs I will have to pay for just to have my car back.

I think it is $10,000 in small claims court here in PA. This is the last car my husband bought me. He is in a nursing home with dementia in Iowa and I could never tell him. He is dying. How cruel these people are to a woman...how cruel. Dian **...I am not ashamed to tell what happened or be anonymous. My phone number is: **. This company needs a class action lawsuit to wake them up about how they say they can fix cars...but really can only change tires. That is called fraud.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I was in an emergency situations on 10/23/18, I stopped at Firestone and was told by Firestone to go to Tires Plus since they stayed open later, however when I got there I was told that they couldn't service my car because the wait would be 2 hours and they were unable to fix my flat that night. When I looked around there was only 2 people in the waiting area, so I was even more confused. I got there around 6:15 pm and they closed at 8:00pm. I was in an area that was dark with not many street lights and had to try to get back on my side of town, which is about 30 minutes from Tire Plus on Greenbay Rd., off Brown Deer Road, hoping and praying that the tire wouldn't go all the way flat until I made it home safe. I was in disbelief that with being a tire care center that they would not help in an emergency situation.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

My experience with Tires Plus in Naples Florida. Management is absolutely unprofessional and rude to say the least. I have been overcharged every single time I had service at this location. They quoted me a price, I okayed it, I go get something to eat, when I return for my vehicle the price nearly doubled! I would am contacting the Better Business Bureau as I strongly feel I was overcharged and provided poor service because I am a woman.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I had broken my lights on my car. After a few years they have gone out, the people in the front help me order my parts and come in the next day. They installed it for free and were very generous and sweet. Anyone writing a bad review was obviously on drugs because these people are awesome. For any Zephyrhills people bring your cars here And you won’t end up regretting as the prices are unbeatable and the service is exceptional, never been treated this well inside of the service store. Typically any other place I’ve gone I’ve gotten horrible service and outrageous prices. You won’t get a better deal in the hills! Shoutout Tires Plus.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

After over 10 year of bringing vehicles to this store, I am now considering other options. On a Sunday, the check-in manager could not work me in to patch a tire. The check-in manager was too worried about a printed schedule and not using common sense and providing good customer service. He did not smile. Was very put off that I needed work completed today. I recommend Tires Plus train your staff on Customer Service and how to take care of repeat customers. Customer service continues to decline at this store as managers seem to come and go faster and faster. With this lack of training, I am starting to understand. I am now considering different options in the other that provide Good Customer Care and Service.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I went in for my four tires to be changed and a wheel alignment. When my tires were taken off, I was informed that the front struts were weak and it would cost a little over $1,300 to fix. I told them no I didn’t want it fix and since the car can’t be aligned, my old tires should be placed back on. They insisted that I had to pay for the new tires because that’s why I had gone in. A cop was called on me. The manager at Tire Plus on Silver Lake Road, MN was rude and racist. If you want to be insulted, experience price infliction and have the cops called on you, then that’s the place to go. Never again will I take my business to that store. They are wolves in sheep clothing!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

If you have all day this is the place for you. 3 hours to take a screw out of a tire and give an oil change. This is the second time going here and shame on me for giving them another shot. I'll never return to this company again.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I took my car into Tires Plus to check and see why my AC was blowing warm air. They hooked it up on some machine, which I could see through the window. About two hours later they come out and tell me that my compressor exploded and needs vacuumed out because there are metal fragments throughout the system. I would need a new compressor and condenser plus their AC service. The grand total for the repair would be $2,398.60. I said there is no way I could afford that. They said they understand and sent me on my way. A friend told me it probably just needs freon and go buy an AC Pro. I bought one, followed the directions, and now my AC is ice cold for $50!! I'll never go to a Tires Plus ever again!

Original review: July 5, 2018

Product was of good quality. Service was substandard at best. I bought 4 new tires and had them rotated one year ago. I recently had a flat and removed it for repair. One of the lugs were crossthreaded. As a result, the lug broke off. My car was left with only 4 on that tire/wheel. Was willing to accept that and chalk it up to bad luck. I had decided to rotate tires in the process. In doing so, multiple lugs were broken off on more than one wheel which for safety purposes left me with a repair bill that left me without enough money to return home. I was on a road trip and over 500 miles away from home. There weren't any Tires Plus locations within 100 miles from my location. I called customer service and to make a long story short I was told I would be stranded for 48 hours while they made a decision whether to assist me or not. They were the only ones to touch my wheels and tires since tires were bought new.

Clearly at fault, they left me stranded with minor children in the heat with heat index in excess of 103. Beyond the fact that they were directly responsible for break down, they showed complete disregard for the safety of the customer and their family. This is a company that clearly does not care or should not be in business when people's lives are on the line. I will never use them again and will be filing a lawsuit for repair cost and endangerment of minor children by refusal to help get a long term customer and their children back on the road in dangerous heat with warnings in place at time. I recommend staying far away from such companies.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Have been buying tires at Tires Plus for over 25 years with no problems or complaints until now. Recently purchased 4 new tires for my truck. When paying the bill the service manager told me I was leaking power steering fluid from the steering rack and I needed the rack and ball joints replaced at a cost of $1200. Hummm? Politely told him I would have my own mechanic check it. Week or so later my own mechanic (I have used the same shop for 20 years) was doing some unrelated work on my truck. Without telling him about my experience at Tires Plus I told him to check for a power steering leak. He said it was a loose hose clamp and tightened it. (No charge.) I then asked him to recheck the rack and ball joints and he said they were fine. $1200 will buy a lot of tires from competitors of Tires Plus as I will no longer buy from them.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Purchased tires, on my way home, discovered my glove compartment door was broken, I think Tire Plus employee opened to check ac filter and broke it. That's the reason I do all repairs myself, most of these repair shops can't be trusted! They train their people to find any problem they can with your car, to make money. Beware!!!

Original review: June 6, 2018

I had a 2007 Toyota towed there last week to find problem why it stopped running. They called said the six coils needed replaced, after giving me a quote, I decided to fix myself. I sent truck to have it towed to my home. After replacing the coils, still didn't run, I found out someone cut an electrical wire that caused it not to run, easy fix, however the air was not working either. These people will sabotage your car. DO NOT TAKE YOUR VEHICLE HERE.

Original review: June 4, 2018

In May of 2018 I got a flat and pulled into the first place that I found. Unfortunately it was Tires Plus. I had just put tires on my car in November of 2017 and there was less than 100 miles on them. The tire had a carpet cutting blade in it, thus ruining it. I had paid $135 per tire in November, mounted and balanced. These rip off artists charged me $167 tire, mounted and balanced. Avoid them at all costs.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I bought 4 tires online and had them delivered to Tires Plus here in Apopka, FL. I waited 3 hours for them to install, balance, and align the new tires. Upon departure and getting onto I-4 I felt a horrible vibration in the steering wheel as well as in the seat. The alignment was also done poorly as my truck pulled violently to the right. I recommend you stay away from this company and strongly recommend you stay away from this location!

Original review: May 8, 2018

This is a second time that I go for full synthetic oil change. Both times I find an oil dirty when I come home and check it. Of course I go back and show oil and make them change again. When they change oil second time my question is how do I make sure they put full synthetic oil!!! I ask for tire rotation and the same thing. I should have checked for tire rotation there but again I trusted and find that they did not rotate the tire at home. Before taking receipt I asked that tires been rotated? And he said yes and told me not to wait long and rotate every three months. When I look at receipt at home there is no mention of tire rotation. What?

Original review: April 28, 2018

Well my husband need his car fix at Tires Plus in Flourtown, PA and he did have the funds. He could not get a card in his name so he asked me to help. He said they would help boost my credit. I checked on my credit report and found out I was charge more than I spent. I called tires plus and they straighten it out so when the second bill came I didn't have to pay until February but I paid 401 in January so when the February bill came in I was told to wait until April because of the large payment. When March came in I called and was told the same thing. April bill came and I paid the whole thing off with the interest that was tact on. I check my credit report to see if my credit score went up and it didn't it when down. They did give me credit for paying them off.

I would not recommend getting this credit card from First Credit. I'm going to check next month to see if they straighten this out with the credit report company. If not you would see me back on here rising hecker. Plus if you challenge them they get very unprofessional. I'm a retired military person who has worked in customer service and I never lost my temper and ride my voice to a client. Military brothers and Sisters active or non-active don't mess your credit up with this company by using them. Lesson learned please if you are reading this please don't make the same mistake by using them but if you have to please pay it off by the first bill or you would be screwed. This is my good deed for the month and day.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Tires Plus assured me that they could aligned my Mercedes Benz E350. For 2 1/2 years they didn’t have the specifications, they were just eyeballing it. I replaced 4 tires in July of 2017. Alignment was done in October 2017 & 1st wk of April 2018. Wife complained about sliding in the rain. I checked the tires and couldn’t believe what I saw. The tires were 8 months old and worn down, no tread just metal mesh. I took the vehicle in and asked, "How can you let a customer leave the store without saying anything about the condition of the tires." They had eight months to tell her. I was sold a product that this company could not perform. This company is more concerned with profit, rather than your safety. My family was at risk.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I got a flat and brought car into them and tried to sell me a tire for $200. I instead went to Honda and got it replaced for $120. What a bunch of ripoff artists. It's too bad that money rules the world. Everyone/Every company just tries to steal and rip us all off.

Original review: March 20, 2018

My daughter & her husband brought their car in for 4 new tires and one snow tire for a flat repair. They were told that the tire was not repairable! My daughter called me. This tire is only six months old. I told her I would go look at the tire to see why. I’m worked for tires plus for 10 plus years. I was trained on how to repair flat tires! So I arrive at the Burnsville MN tires plus and they were just then pulling the tire apart. Am not sure why service has gotten so poor that they don’t even look inside before trying to sell a tire. The nail was in the last outer tread block but not in the side wall.

If you look inside the tire you can plainly see the nail is still on flat portion of the tread and sidewall was not touch by nail. Your plug patch’s work great for that type of hole. They said that they can’t repair the tire because that’s your rules. Like I said before I know what is acceptable and what’s not. This is how you lose customers with employees that don’t give good customer service. This store needs help myself and my adult children will bring our money to a competitor! This was not my first problem this store. In the last year we purchased a total of 14 tires and we are still in need of more but like I said we can go elsewhere!

Original review: March 8, 2018

My husband brought his truck in with a bad driver side hub bearing. They brought out the truck after 3 hours and said they fixed it after a successful test drive and no noises. This was not true. He got down the road and heard noises. Come to find out they replaced the passenger side, not the driver side that had the issue. He went back and they said they would replace the driver side free of charge. Same deal, the car sounded good in a test drive and was all ready. Again, he got down the road and heard loud noises. He went back and turns out they gave him a bad part and never even test drove it to check for noises. At this point he wasted an entire day (over 7 hours) when he could have been at work making money instead of spending it at Tires Plus. This is absolutely unacceptable and I would NEVER recommend this store to anyone.

Original review: March 1, 2018

What a bunch of crooks? That was my first & last visit to Tires Plus Gaithersburg MD. Went in for an oil change and they said I needed rear breaks and three new tires. My mistake. I should have gotten a second opinion before telling them to do the work. They did the work, within two weeks of putting on the new breaks they started grinding. Took the car back and now they tell me within weeks after new brake installation that I need calipers. The calipers were sticking. Ask them, "Why didn’t you tell me this before," they said they wouldn't necessarily know they were bad if they were not looking for it. Found out later they were lying through their teeth. Calipers were right in their face once you drop the tire.

Who in the world does a brake job and not inspect the calipers as well? I took my car and got two second opinions & they both said I did not need calipers. The problem was the new pads were rubbing against the rotors & that was causing the noise. They put tires on with no alignment recommendation. Didn't know I was suppose to have one. These people are big liars; you can’t trust anything that come out of their mouth. They recommend work that didn't need to be done, they half do the work that they do, they will misdiagnose your car to get the big money, they will lie about what needs to be done, they do not do quality work. Warning: they will take advantage of you not knowing. Lewis and Brandan are fast talkers, watch out for the fast talkers. They will gip you out of your money in a heartbeat. Tires Plus needs to be put out of business. The picture below is what my breaks look shortly after the new brake installation.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Went to the SR54 and Seven Springs location in New Port Richey Florida, Horrible service, they didn’t complete the repairs claiming it was a dealer issue when it was not. When I confronted the manager he said, yes they could have fixed it. Music blasting in the repair area. Didn’t call when repairs were complete. Lodged a complaint online, said if I don’t hear back from them in seven days, call back. This is a corporate vehicle so bad news travels fast. Hopefully, Someone from Element will read this and investigate why this provider cannot provide proper service.

Tires Plus Company Information