1.29/5
Based on 122 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Gardnerville, NV

146 Tires Plus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 20, 2018

Purchased tires, on my way home, discovered my glove compartment door was broken, I think Tire Plus employee opened to check ac filter and broke it. That's the reason I do all repairs myself, most of these repair shops can't be trusted! They train their people to find any problem they can with your car, to make money. Beware!!!

Original review: June 6, 2018

I had a 2007 Toyota towed there last week to find problem why it stopped running. They called said the six coils needed replaced, after giving me a quote, I decided to fix myself. I sent truck to have it towed to my home. After replacing the coils, still didn't run, I found out someone cut an electrical wire that caused it not to run, easy fix, however the air was not working either. These people will sabotage your car. DO NOT TAKE YOUR VEHICLE HERE.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 4, 2018

In May of 2018 I got a flat and pulled into the first place that I found. Unfortunately it was Tires Plus. I had just put tires on my car in November of 2017 and there was less than 100 miles on them. The tire had a carpet cutting blade in it, thus ruining it. I had paid $135 per tire in November, mounted and balanced. These rip off artists charged me $167 tire, mounted and balanced. Avoid them at all costs.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I bought 4 tires online and had them delivered to Tires Plus here in Apopka, FL. I waited 3 hours for them to install, balance, and align the new tires. Upon departure and getting onto I-4 I felt a horrible vibration in the steering wheel as well as in the seat. The alignment was also done poorly as my truck pulled violently to the right. I recommend you stay away from this company and strongly recommend you stay away from this location!

Original review: May 8, 2018

This is a second time that I go for full synthetic oil change. Both times I find an oil dirty when I come home and check it. Of course I go back and show oil and make them change again. When they change oil second time my question is how do I make sure they put full synthetic oil!!! I ask for tire rotation and the same thing. I should have checked for tire rotation there but again I trusted and find that they did not rotate the tire at home. Before taking receipt I asked that tires been rotated? And he said yes and told me not to wait long and rotate every three months. When I look at receipt at home there is no mention of tire rotation. What?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tires Plus?

Original review: April 28, 2018

Well my husband need his car fix at Tires Plus in Flourtown, PA and he did have the funds. He could not get a card in his name so he asked me to help. He said they would help boost my credit. I checked on my credit report and found out I was charge more than I spent. I called tires plus and they straighten it out so when the second bill came I didn't have to pay until February but I paid 401 in January so when the February bill came in I was told to wait until April because of the large payment. When March came in I called and was told the same thing. April bill came and I paid the whole thing off with the interest that was tact on. I check my credit report to see if my credit score went up and it didn't it when down. They did give me credit for paying them off.

I would not recommend getting this credit card from First Credit. I'm going to check next month to see if they straighten this out with the credit report company. If not you would see me back on here rising hecker. Plus if you challenge them they get very unprofessional. I'm a retired military person who has worked in customer service and I never lost my temper and ride my voice to a client. Military brothers and Sisters active or non-active don't mess your credit up with this company by using them. Lesson learned please if you are reading this please don't make the same mistake by using them but if you have to please pay it off by the first bill or you would be screwed. This is my good deed for the month and day.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Tires Plus assured me that they could aligned my Mercedes Benz E350. For 2 1/2 years they didn’t have the specifications, they were just eyeballing it. I replaced 4 tires in July of 2017. Alignment was done in October 2017 & 1st wk of April 2018. Wife complained about sliding in the rain. I checked the tires and couldn’t believe what I saw. The tires were 8 months old and worn down, no tread just metal mesh. I took the vehicle in and asked, "How can you let a customer leave the store without saying anything about the condition of the tires." They had eight months to tell her. I was sold a product that this company could not perform. This company is more concerned with profit, rather than your safety. My family was at risk.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I got a flat and brought car into them and tried to sell me a tire for $200. I instead went to Honda and got it replaced for $120. What a bunch of ripoff artists. It's too bad that money rules the world. Everyone/Every company just tries to steal and rip us all off.

Original review: March 20, 2018

My daughter & her husband brought their car in for 4 new tires and one snow tire for a flat repair. They were told that the tire was not repairable! My daughter called me. This tire is only six months old. I told her I would go look at the tire to see why. I’m worked for tires plus for 10 plus years. I was trained on how to repair flat tires! So I arrive at the Burnsville MN tires plus and they were just then pulling the tire apart. Am not sure why service has gotten so poor that they don’t even look inside before trying to sell a tire. The nail was in the last outer tread block but not in the side wall.

If you look inside the tire you can plainly see the nail is still on flat portion of the tread and sidewall was not touch by nail. Your plug patch’s work great for that type of hole. They said that they can’t repair the tire because that’s your rules. Like I said before I know what is acceptable and what’s not. This is how you lose customers with employees that don’t give good customer service. This store needs help myself and my adult children will bring our money to a competitor! This was not my first problem this store. In the last year we purchased a total of 14 tires and we are still in need of more but like I said we can go elsewhere!

Original review: March 8, 2018

My husband brought his truck in with a bad driver side hub bearing. They brought out the truck after 3 hours and said they fixed it after a successful test drive and no noises. This was not true. He got down the road and heard noises. Come to find out they replaced the passenger side, not the driver side that had the issue. He went back and they said they would replace the driver side free of charge. Same deal, the car sounded good in a test drive and was all ready. Again, he got down the road and heard loud noises. He went back and turns out they gave him a bad part and never even test drove it to check for noises. At this point he wasted an entire day (over 7 hours) when he could have been at work making money instead of spending it at Tires Plus. This is absolutely unacceptable and I would NEVER recommend this store to anyone.

Original review: March 1, 2018

What a bunch of crooks? That was my first & last visit to Tires Plus Gaithersburg MD. Went in for an oil change and they said I needed rear breaks and three new tires. My mistake. I should have gotten a second opinion before telling them to do the work. They did the work, within two weeks of putting on the new breaks they started grinding. Took the car back and now they tell me within weeks after new brake installation that I need calipers. The calipers were sticking. Ask them, "Why didn’t you tell me this before," they said they wouldn't necessarily know they were bad if they were not looking for it. Found out later they were lying through their teeth. Calipers were right in their face once you drop the tire.

Who in the world does a brake job and not inspect the calipers as well? I took my car and got two second opinions & they both said I did not need calipers. The problem was the new pads were rubbing against the rotors & that was causing the noise. They put tires on with no alignment recommendation. Didn't know I was suppose to have one. These people are big liars; you can’t trust anything that come out of their mouth. They recommend work that didn't need to be done, they half do the work that they do, they will misdiagnose your car to get the big money, they will lie about what needs to be done, they do not do quality work. Warning: they will take advantage of you not knowing. Lewis and Brandan are fast talkers, watch out for the fast talkers. They will gip you out of your money in a heartbeat. Tires Plus needs to be put out of business. The picture below is what my breaks look shortly after the new brake installation.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Went to the SR54 and Seven Springs location in New Port Richey Florida, Horrible service, they didn’t complete the repairs claiming it was a dealer issue when it was not. When I confronted the manager he said, yes they could have fixed it. Music blasting in the repair area. Didn’t call when repairs were complete. Lodged a complaint online, said if I don’t hear back from them in seven days, call back. This is a corporate vehicle so bad news travels fast. Hopefully, Someone from Element will read this and investigate why this provider cannot provide proper service.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I bought 4 new tires last year... Feb.19th 2017. They are supposed to be 60,000 miles Bridgestone tires. The 4 tires came to $938.55. I got my tires rotated every 5000 miles like they say... so I go into Tires Plus today for a tire rotate. They come out and tell me my front tires are completely bald... so bad they can't even rotate them? I said, "Ok... well I bought them from you guys about a year ago... and I've put on 30,000. So I know that they won't be in brand new cond. But not completely bald and bad..." and the "gentlemen" told me... "Yup they are crap...." but my back tires look great?? He then tells me that they won't warranty the front tires at all... but he will give me 25$ off two new front tires. Wow - thanks and he said I have to buy the same kind of crappy tires that's on there now.

Why so I have to come back in less than a year and buy new front tires again? Also my great deal the "gentlemen" gave me would still cost me just under $400. I will never step foot into a Tires Plus again... and I have been going to them for years. Just no customer service at all!!! Very rude and all about the money. Less than a year ago I buy almost $1000 in tires and they don't make it a full year and less than 30,000 miles... and they tell me... They can't warranty their own product! Wow. That's bad! Please, please, please don't waste your time and money... unless you like very very rude people.... then go to Tires Plus!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I got flat tire on freeway. I got convinced to change two new rear tires... Got the cars out less than half hour. Got home. Tires got flat again. Got towed over to different Tires Plus... Got flat again after they checked. Such a bad place and irresponsible people and doing such a lousy job on my car. Would never come back and would not recommend to use this place Tires Plus. BTW... Their tech manager Scott is so rude. They towed to Maple Grove Tires Plus. Before I pick up the car, I asked them specifically to double check on my tires and rim. They said they checked and everything look great. Now it got flat again and make wait for couple more hours before they can check. So frustrated and disappointed. And I am not talking about not having a car to move around and expenses for taking a cab to get to Tires Plus in Maple Grove.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Took my daughter's car in to get an oil change at Tires Plus on Manatee Ave in Bradenton, FL on December 12, 2017. On January 11, 2017 my daughter calls me where she is broke down on the side of the road. When I got to her and the car, I asked her to start the engine and the engine was knocking badly. She turned the car off and I immediately checked the oil and there was not a single drop of oil in her car. The engine is shot and the car is not drivable. I called Tires Plus to speak to the manager and was informed that the entire staff had been fired the week before and she was a new manager. I told her what the problem was and she said she would go to the Toyota dealership (where the car was towed to) and inspect it. She called me back and said that she took pictures and there was no oil on the undercarriage or the motor, the plug was tight and the filter was tight.

Basically she said that the problem was not their fault. I asked if she could send me copies of the pics that she took and I have yet to get them. The technician at Toyota said that there was no way that the car would burn through 5 quarts of oil in a month and that Tires Plus probably did not even put oil in it. I just purchased the car in March 2017 and now the car is trashed. I am out the money that I paid for the car and cannot get Tires Plus to pay for the damages to the engine. I WILL NEVER GO TO ANY TIRES PLUS AGAIN!!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

On Dec. 7th, as I was leaving work, my dashboard on my Mercedes said that there was "0" air in my front left tire... I knew that there was a Tires Plus up the street from where I work, and decided to pull into the Tires Plus on West Hillsborough Ave. It was almost time to close so I went into the office and spoke to a gentleman named "Will"... I told him what had happened and he had told me that there are no stalls available... there were cars in each one of them and he wouldn't be able to put my car in to check to see what was wrong...

So, I called Mercedes towing service. The woman on the phone said she would send a tow truck and have him fill my tire so I could get it checked in the morning. I had explained to her that I could not get air in my tire and needed to purchase another one, if that was the case. She insisted that it could be done but wanted my card #... to charge the fee. I told her I got free towing but she wouldn't send the towing co until I paid... Well, lo and behold, the man came and verified as I had stated that I could not have air... I needed a tire if that was the problem.

Well, at that time, came out and asked what I was going to do because it was time to close. The tow driver said he could tow me to Mercedes but the gates are all locked and I would have to leave my car outside of the dealership until morning when they opened... I didn't want to do that. So, Will suggested that I could leave it there and then see what I wanted to do in the morning. I told him I didn't live in Hillsborough but in Pinellas and needed to find someone to come up there and pick me up and bring me home. He waited till I found a ride which takes approx. 30-45 minutes to come.

I told him I found someone and they will be coming soon and for him to leave me outside the front door and he could lock up and go home... It was getting late and he was closed already but he stated that he could not go home and go to sleep knowing that he left me outside the office doors in that area. He was going to stay with me inside until my ride came and picked me up... He was wonderful. I couldn't believe that in this day and age, someone would do that. It wasn't till 7:45 pm, till my ride came. I told him to please check the price of a new tire for me and I would check with Mercedes as well. He assured me that he would and not to worry about a thing. The car was ok and inside.

The next day, the manager was there when I called and I asked him when he could get a tire for me and he said that he would order it right then and there if I wanted him to... It was set... I was very grateful for Will to work with me and the manager. They called me when my car had its new tire, and one of the associates from my company drove me there to pick up my car. THANK YOU FOR HIRING A VERY THOUGHTFUL GENTLEMAN!! It's so worry-free to know that there are still considerate and caring people in this world, and I thank you for hiring them... It makes a world of difference when someone is so concerned and is there to help. Thank you Will!! You were amazing!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I have bought tires in late summer, they needed pumping up about every six weeks, once the cold weather hit about every ten days, I called and took the car in. I asked them to check tires because they keep going low, that was 12/26 about 11:30, am, I never heard back. I called them about 5:30 and was put on hold, then told they could not find any leaks, I said this is my wife car and needs to be dependable, he said, "Leave it overnight." they will look it over tomorrow.

I called them about 11:30 the next day and the guy said, "Can't find any leaks." I said, "Is that all," he said, "Sorry that's all," I said, "I will be over after work." When I got there the car was in the parking lot, the guy never said anything. I had to talk to him, he said, "Well the only thing we could try would be take off tires and reset them," I said, "Why didn't you suggest that when I called," he said, "That was not on the paperwork." I will never go back and will tell all my friends not to go there, I was not charged and did not get a receipt.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Store #676969 1376 Sw Saint Lucie West Blvd - Port Saint Lucie, FL 34986. On May 7, 2014, we brought in our 1992 Toyota Corolla to store #676969 for the replacement of a timing belt. This work never took place. It is with much regret that I am having to draft this letter of complaint. On May 7, 2014, I brought in our 1992 Toyota Corolla for some work. The work included was the replacement of a timing belt, and water pump. The work was performed at your store location, with the address of 1376 SW Saint Lucie West Blvd., Port St. Lucie, FL 34986-2109.

A little more than 3 years later, on September 7, 2017, less than 50,000 miles later, the timing belt went out on this vehicle again! Upon closer examination, our new mechanic confirmed to us that the timing belt had never been replaced. He confirmed with us that these were all original parts!! Needless to say, we were infuriated... Feeling that we had been "ripped off"! We were charged for work that never took place!! Timing belts, on this particular model, typically should last 80 to 100,000 miles. This wasn't the case, because it was the original timing belt. We submitted video of the belt but they declined the claim. About every part they changed to the car felt apart before the time. I want to clarify that when we took the car for the first time to Tires Plus in 2012, the car has less than 20K miles. This car was and still is in a great shape.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

A very poor and unprofessional experience with this locations manager in Spring Hill Florida. The manager here has a very bad and cocky attitude towards most anyone that attempts to explain their issues even politely, especially after I have already paid for the issue to be fixed and still it is not fixed. He tries pushing the blame onto anything else that he can to avoid admitting his ignorance, not at all cool or acceptable. Another issue is I had warranty work done on my car, warranty co. is paying the bill except my deductible, which I paid immediately. Yet my car was still not released back to me 'until the warranty co. paid', what? I had to go and rent a car after mine was completely finished because of this.

Now what if the warranty co. mails the payment to the repair shop? Then I must wait approx. 10 days to get my car back, yep. Again, not at all cool. This manager is by far a cocky and unprofessional person that needs to go and take some classes on how to professionally treat people, very sad but very true. I am pleased to say I am dealing with a different location now 'because the workers/Teams' are great there as well as elsewhere but not this manager guy in Spring Hill location, no more and no thanks. We will also be spreading the word throughout this area, let's see how long it takes for this company to realize this manager must go?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Store #244307 St Joseph, MO: Made an appointment on 11/4/2017 for the following day to have brakes checked due to squeakiness. Steve gave me an estimate with current promotion discount and also a special on complete vehicle inspection. Upon the inspection results, Steve said my front brake pads were good as new however my back pads were still good but worn a bit. Said probably could wait till next spring. It was so refreshing to have such an honest opinion that I could have walked away with a mere $9.99 inspection. However since I had done some other winterizing and am responsible for transporting children daily asked that the back pads be replaced. Before replacing the pads was given exact amount of cost. Steve was so very friendly, polite and upfront about the repairs. I would highly recommend this establishment and will certainly be a returning customer. Customer service does matter. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

After spending big dollars on 4 new tires a few months ago I go in to have one of my tires checked for a slow air leak and the guys ask me if I can leave it! Another thing while waiting for 10-15 minutes to talk to one of them the other guy takes phone call after phone call while we all waited! I will never buy from this company again. I suggest everyone do the same. This was in the Tyrone mall area in St. Petersburg.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

For several years I have visited the same Tires Plus with no issues. However, on this particular day, unfortunately the management had changed and the service was awful. I needed to get a tire repaired and they could not find my tire key lock. Being they were the only ones that service my tires I knew they had lost it on a previous visit and this is what I told the manager Jason. He said he would check the last service I had which was a left tire repair. Jason said, "I will check to see if the left tire we repaired is still in place." Instead he came back with a receipt from my glove compartment which meant he had to sample through my glove box without my permission. The receipt had an oil change on it and tire rotation. But I didn't remember having a rotation and there was no charge. But Jason said I should go to my dealership because they lost the tire key.

So I get in my car and call the dealership and head that way. When I called they reminded me that they did not rotate the tires because of the low mileage on the car. Then I remembered so I called Jason back and let him know there was no tire rotation and I asked him did he check the left tire to see it had not been moved and he said yes. I was baffled by this. He knew there was no rotation because the tire they fixed was still in place but he sent me to the dealer anyway. He then told me to turn around and come back because my dealer should not have put tire rotation on the receipt if they didn't do it. He said he would break the tire lock and fix the tire, which wouldn't help me because I still have 3 tires I can't change if anything happens but I take the car back anyway.

They take the car and 30 mins later they come back and say they can't fix the tire and have to order a part. So I have spent 3 and a half hours and my tire is still not repaired. At this point I tell them to put air in the tire and I have to go to work. So I call the corporate office to make a complaint. They said area manager would call in 48 hours. Didn't hear back. Called in to follow up and they said the store manager Jason said he offered to replace parts and I opted to go to dealer. Untrue. So they escalated to regional manager with another 48 hour turn around. Still no response.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I took my car to Tires Plus on 119th to get a tune up. Drove it for a couple days and it stopped on me. I called then, Nate ** said, "Oh ok. Can you get it to us?" They towed. The sensor head was broke. Carl saw it. Didn't say anything. So I took it somewhere else and they find the problem. "So we're not touching it. It came to us this way." So I called Tires Plus back. Had them to tow it again. Now the end results is they not going to fix what should have been told to me when they had my car my axle. Don't take your car to tires plus on 359 highway or 119th. They untrained mechanics.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Went there on Sunday morning because brakes were squeezing. The young guy on duty said "No problem. We will check it out for." Came back shortly thereafter. Said I need a ride because it had a pin in it and front & back brakes. The total cost was $563. Didn't feel comfortable so I said, "couldn't do that today." They said no problem so they put my vehicle back together and on my way there discovered a crack in information panel on dashboard. I called them immediately and advised this crack wasn't there when I brought vehicle in. So After getting tire repaired, I went back to show Blake and he responded, "It's definitely a crack. Nothing more." Ask for manager's name and he gave me Randy **. My advice make sure you check your vehicle because they will damage your vehicle!

Original review: July 10, 2017

Here's my story: I went to Tire Plus for a simple "tire balance" but apparently according to the manager and his "years of experience" I had to buy new tires in order for them to even fix the one that needs a balance. I went there asking for a specific service on a specific tire, nothing more. I don't understand how hard is to just get my order, do the simple job, get my payment and off I go. But noooo no no Sir "We can't just fix your ONE unbalanced tire. Your other 3 tires aren't good," that's basically what the manager told me very rudely and quickly boiling.

Let me put it like this: Is like you go to the barber shop asking for a cut to make you look good but the barber quickly deny service because first you need a nose job, cheek's implants and Botox. Avoid at all cost. This place is definitely operating on a upsell type of business. They just want to find everything that's wrong and sell you their stuff. So I still left with my "bad tires." They didn't gained me as a future customer and didn't make money on a simple and quick service. Bad Business 101...

Original review: July 7, 2017

I received a quote of $975.00 to fix the front end of my Jeep. I took it to another shop and found out it was not what they said and the repairs were $500 to fix. Shame on you. I wish I would have not bought my tires from you.

Original review: July 6, 2017

When I had my wife's car in for an oil change last week, it was returned with parts missing, along with other issues. The engine cover was removed - WHY??? The rubber hold down part was taken off/fell off. The desk guy said they would replace it if "I" could find one. They did not do the other service I wanted. They said her car needed $1,700+ of other services which I don't need. I had this happen in Sebring about 20 years ago. I guess Orange City store is just as bad.

Original review: May 10, 2017

Fuzion tires 205/65r15 9414 Have these on car. They vibrate my whole car. I replaced one. It stopped now. The others started. They are in good tread. I am really sick. I think they should be made to replace these tires. I am 67 and it is bad. You can't trust the tires.

Original review: April 5, 2017

I have been taking my cars to the East Lake Tires Plus for all my tire purchases and auto repairs since I moved to this area in 2012. I own two "older" cars, a 2001 Toyota Sienna van and a 2004 Honda Accord. Have always received excellent customer service and great deals. I recently had a problem with my Honda's steering, which ended up needing a major repair. The initial repair did not fix the problem. Long story short, after several return trips to the shop, my car is doing great. These return trips required troubleshooting as well as other parts which needed to be replaced.

Instead of giving up or placing blame on me... they persevered until the problem was fixed. I was not charged another penny after the initial repair. Steve and Coach are always accommodating, friendly, and professional. In the world that we live in today, I truly appreciate the way in which they run the business. I have observed them whenever I go in, and it is clear that they have quite a strong and trusted team. P.S. Ricky is great as well!

Original review: March 31, 2017

I took my wife’s car in for an oil change. After returning home I noticed the check engine light was on. The error code given was 1-1-1-1, which has to do with the oil flow. I call and spoke with the customer service person and the company would not take responsibility. The customer service person suggested I get a diagnostics done which would cost $99.00 plus tax. Plus, cost of any repairs. If I expressed my fury here it would probably hurt your ears and eyes. Not only this. Before checking out, the cashier told me of some suggested replacing a part that had already been replace the week before. Lying, cheating, without scruples jerks.

Tires Plus Company Information