3.8/5 (593 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Safelite AutoGlass Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safelite AutoGlass?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safelite AutoGlass?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

My back glass was shattered. I got a quote from Safelite, they have a hidden fee they don’t tell you about. It’s a recycle fee of $35, my back glass was gone. Nothing to recycle, I contacted safelite twice and took the survey. I told them I want refund & they never even replied, great customer service.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

First of all, their appointment window is too wide (ex. 7:30 am - 12:00 pm for me today - 09/13/2022). They said in their confirmation email sent to me last night that they would text me when a tech is on his way. I waited and waited. Someone called and left a message at around 12:00 pm, saying, "Hi, this is Steve." So, I called him back right away. It was an automated line (**). I couldn't get to a live person. I hang up and called 800-800-2727 to talk to someone at 12:30 pm. This lady checked my appointment status and told me that I would have to reschedule since the tech called in sick (?!). She even added that is why Steve called you. Steve didn't leave any message in his noon call.

I wasted all morning, waiting for the tech to come and repair my windshield. They even confirmed my appointment by email this morning. They didn't let me know as soon as the tech called in sick. Neither she nor Steve was apologetic at all. I have no idea a business could be this cocky. I swear to god that I will never use Safelite for the rest of my life.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I would not recommend having work done with Safelite Auto Glass at the McKinney, Texas location, for the following reasons; Manager was angry and annoyed from the introduction with our claim, that morning... Informing myself and spouse they were under staff, and stated that the glass for the replacement of our Windshield was not in, ...And that we would need to reschedule the appointment...(We called the day before reference the windshield at the Plano warehouse and it had been since delivered to the Safelite address in McKinney....Only after pressing him (manager) did he go back in his warehouse to confirm and check. (I did it online 8/20/2022 with appointment schedule 9/1/2022.) Later at the time of closing (James) Technician informed it was his last day and that they were unable to calibrate the windshield after several attempts....(Why tell us it's his last day?)

Earlier that morning the manager further stated that they would waive the $250 dollar deductible because of their lack of communication among their staff and miscues...As long as we gave the technician a unblemished score of 9/10s which ultimately affected their pay....We were called at approximately 5:30 pm that evening and we needed to be there to pickup the vehicle, by 7:00 pm ultimately arriving 30 minutes later at 6:00 pm noticing the windshield was in place. I observed through the window at time of pickup no attempt to recalibrate had been observed...James further stated we needed to go to the dealership to have it calibrated....And made no attempt to explain or have a remedy to the situation. To add insult to injury they tore the toll tag off the old windshield and haphazardly slapped it crookedly on the glass leaving also the large window sticker of the new glass on....

I went back in to complain on the shoddy workmanship and asked the manager what about "attention to detail"...That request fell ultimately fell on deaf ears and he stated I could order a new toll tag....It was apparent everyone wanted to get off work as it was the last car for the day.... The following day at Hyundai/Genesis .. The technician (dealership) informed us that it took approximately 2.5 to 4 hours to recalibrate which they accomplished. The Technician (Hawk) further added that they most likely did not attempt or did not have the software for the diagnostic check....to begin with.

I subsequently ended paying $338.00 dollars for the calibration getting reimbursed which ultimately set us out not only the $250 deductible payback but an additional $88.00,...Thankfully USAA our banking institution made us whole. I sent a letter to USAA explaining the very poor customer service and workmanship with this particular location....Finally I would highly recommend those out there to go to their dealership for glass issues....

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

I recently had my rear windshield broken by vandals throwing a cinder block through it while I was in a parking garage. Called the police, then my insurance company who told me I could call whatever glass company I wanted, or I could use Safelite and they would schedule the repair. I was stranded in a parking garage with just a cell phone, so I opted for Safelite. The earliest they could take me was 2 days later! No coming out to where I was like they show in their commercials. So I had to drive 30 miles home, on highways and bumpy back roads, with glass flying out the back where the window used to be.

When I got home, I had to tape a tarp over the window to keep out rain. Got the window replaced but they did not clean the glass out of the trunk or the back seat of the car. I vacuumed the best I could (not having the powerful industrial strength vacuums I’m sure they had) and 6 weeks later, I’m still finding pieces of glass. I even had to take my granddaughter’s car seat apart to get all the glass out of the cracks, nooks and crannies. What a pain. I would never patronize this company again. Never.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

Idaho Falls, ID location: DO NOT I repeat do not give this company a minute of your time or a dime of your money, I scheduled on 8/22 to have my half broken windshield to be replaced 9/2 (fastest time). They call on 9/1 saying they need to reschedule and can't have it done until 9/20. Are you freaking kidding me? 18 days later and a month with a half cracked windshield, absolutely 1,000% ridiculous they clearly had zero intentions replacing my windshield when that appointment was made and left me waiting around and driving an unsafe truck for 10 days with zero regards for safety. I contacted a lawyer for safety and we will reporting this to the BBB and anywhere else I can.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

The company is sending out false mobile appointment messages and appointment statuses leading customers (me) to believe work is actually in process and/or completed. I called the company 5 separate times with 30 minutes in between each call hoping the hang-ups were a computer glitch. Unfortunately, I think not. :( The calls kept getting disconnected while on I was on hold. What a shame... I have used this company and particular service for years. I sure hope this default can be corrected quickly and painlessly.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

Major Insurance companies are relying on Safelite to be the primary glass replacement or repair company. For multiple claims I have experienced in this insurance field, Safelite is unprofessional, rude, no show for scheduled appointments and causes damage to customer vehicles. Safelite Corporate needs to revamp their entire system from initial contact to scheduling to final repairs. Poor service - I will never personally use them.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

My brand new car, 11 miles on it, new, was in the dealer for some additional features added. The technician cracked the windshield. We were told it could be 10-15 days before a new windshield could get here. We left for vacation to return 3 weeks later and no windshield, no update. After finding out all new windshields were sent to the factory for new cars, so therefore our dealership was last priority, my wife got a quote from Safelite. Long story short, Safelite replaced the windshield without compromising all the safety protects like lane departure and collision avoidance. Safelite fixed my windshield for the dealership, when the factory could not. A year later and all is good.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

Hubby set up an appointment on a Wednesday to have a repair. When he got there, they said, "Sorry the crack is too far near the edge so you need it replaced." Fine. So he set up an appointment for them to come out and they said they'd waive the charge for that since he came all the way there after being told on the phone they could fix a crack a couple of inches long like he described. So he takes off work and waits the entire day and by 4 PM still no one shows up. He finally calls and they deny any of it ever happened and called him a liar. Wow. Never had a place say something like that before. I guess we'll look for someone who respects their customers. It sounds like they don't care.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

This is fourth time we had to use this company for broken windshield. We own several vehicles and dump trucks are not checked enough by police. Safelite customer service is horrible. Tried to reach out due to them sending technicians with cheap Chinese replacement glass instead of original glass for high end vehicles. They cannot be reached in person on phone and if you get someone after waiting 20 min, person is rude. Phone takes clients in circles, technicians do not call ahead as promised. The safelite operator says their phone is having issues… this is a repeated answer!

Safelite AutoGlass Company Information