3.7/5 (599 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Safelite AutoGlass Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safelite AutoGlass?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

Scheduled windshield replacement to be completed at home. They removed broken windshield and said they couldn't put the new one in until rust was removed from frame and left the vehicle with no windshield. It would have been nice for this to be disclosed at the time of scheduling, instead of learning about it after my truck was left outside without a windshield.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

I visited the Santa Fe location on November 8 to have my windshield replaced on my Subaru. The technician recalibrating it LOST my key fob (set it on top of the car when he drove away). This required him to return (on foot) to the shop...I had to be taken home to get my second key fob, then return to get my car. This took place on my one day off in November (I'm a teacher). It ended up taking MOST of the day --- (My appointment was at 9:00). I was assured by the manager that this would be taken care of. I was told that the part would be ordered, and I would receive a new key fob.

I heard back from him in December and another agent told me that the key fob was in but the other 'part' for programming the fob was still in transit and it would be in any day. I had hoped that I would be able to visit my dealership and get this reprogramming done over the winter break, and that did NOT happen. Since December, I have tried reaching out both to the manager's direct number and the Safelite Santa Fe location. I have left FIVE voice mails for the manager over the past several weeks. He has never returned any of my calls. I left a message at the store number. No one has returned my call. I have tried to be patient in this situation, recognizing that mistakes happen, but my patience is done.

I have used Safelite without incident in other cities. I am really disappointed in the outcome of this situation--especially as it was caused by human error on their end --- and nothing to do with my car. I have emailed the corporate office and hope I will get a resolution. In the meantime, I would not use this business again.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

I visited a Safelite shop here in Chula Vista on 3 Sep 2022. I couldn’t get into the store good enough when an employee came from the back, opened the front door, looked at my truck and yelled to the person at the counter that my truck was lifted. Got to the counter and met with Luis and he appeared agitated and rudely told me he could not service my vehicle. After asking why, and him rudely telling me to go back to my insurance company he threatened to call the Police on me. For a dispute about service, not a crime. It leads me to believe that Safelite has issues with persons of color.

The leadership and general counsel of Safelite does nothing to rectify customer concerns regarding racism and discrimination. They lost my business forever. Safelite has a lot of work to do with diversity and inclusion in its workplace. If you look at upper management, there are ZERO persons of color. That should tell you something. Thanks Safelite for continuing to condone racism within your company. I guess threatening to call Police on persons of color is standard of the customer is displeased or has a question. ** AMERICANS BE AWARE!!!!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

My car dealership contacted Safelite to replace my windshield, my windshield was replaced 12/28/2023, a gap was left open inside car at top of windshield. It was not sealed all the way across my windshield, I call. Safelite sent someone out, he took photos & say he would call me, no one call, he also suggested a upholstery company, this was left unsealed by Safelite installer, they have a positive reputation, but do not stand behind their work, I will contact corporate.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

I received an online price of $455 for a new windshield by entering my VIN and location. Three days later I go to the Landmark location in San Antonio and they said it would be $701. Beware of this ripoff tactic.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

They broken new window while installing it unprofessionally and won't honor the lifetime guarantee so they are crooks. I would strongly advised that anyone with windshield problem should stay away from this ripoff operation.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

Safelite AutoGlass. 1902 Aerotech Dr #150, Colorado Springs, CO 80916. Their service is horrible and terrible. My got my front window repair in April in 2022 at their place but it's automatically broken again in December in 2022 again (there was a crack longer than one dollar bill). I came to their place and their technician told me it is under warranty. They made a appointment for me to replace it but when I came today, their technician told me "your window was beaten by something, we did Not notice that last time so you have to pay for it out of your own pocket." Then their technician point at the "small point" and said "that is the hitting point on your window." I could not even see it. I asked, "how could you not find it last time." They said, "our last time checking technician is new."

Last time they did not find it, now they told me my window is hit by something so it is not under warranty. I guess they don't want to fix it and this time they find a excuse to refuse service because I am not professional about vehicle or just because I am **. They did not find any hole on my window, I think they made this new hole with their nail. This is the way how they treat customer. Their service are unprofessional and without integrity and treacherous.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

Upon installation on September 22, 2022 the plastic shield covering the electronics located behind the rear view mirror was broken. A replacement would be ordered and installed at no cost. As of today January 3, 2023 we were still waiting for this to be done. I could have flown, walked, biked, or sailed to whatever country the part was made and been back before this. Follow up calls to the location, 4 in three months, result in the same response, "We will call you when we have the part." Really?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

Awful, awful company. I had my windshield repaired by them in July 2022. I immediately noticed that the bottom of the windshield wasn't meeting the rubber gasket below it (I was assured that this part was just aesthetic and had nothing to do with keeping water out of the car). Regardless, it is meant to meet the rubber anyways, no one wants to see a gap between the two.

Anyways, when the weather turned to fall, I started noticing condensation on the inside of my windshield and instrument cluster. After noticing it a second time, I put a warranty claim in with Safelite to have the problem rectified. I brought my car in for the warranty claim a few days before Christmas 2022. They replaced the windshield and I went on my way. Later that night, I went out to move my vehicle and once again noticed condensation all over the inside of my windshield. I gave it a few days, but the problem did not subside. I again reached out to Safelite to remedy the issue, except this time I went to a different shop at the advice of my insurance agent.

I brought my car in on 12/31/22 for another warranty claim. I explained to the front desk person what the issue was, and he immediately asked "does the car have a sunroof". Now this should have nothing to do with a windshield, but this person clearly was looking for a scapegoat if he could find one. At any rate, they had the car for about an hour and I received a call from this front desk individual named Michael. Michael proceeded to tell me that the "bead underneath the windshield was 100% intact and that 100% there was no way water was getting into the car beyond this bead. I explained that I had photos and video evidence to the contrary, but Michael stood by the company line because what else could he do. I explained to him that I would be looking into alternative options to have this problem corrected as I know the issue will spring up again since they didn't do anything to correct the issue.

On top of all that, the windshield is now exposed at the top (again, another gasket up here that should be covering the windshield completely and is not), and their techs didn't even reattach my dash cam/red light detection monitor that plugs into the dash cam. I will be reaching out to my insurance company to see if I can get any assistance from them. I'd like to sue Safelite for their shoddy work, but I don't believe it is an option since I never paid for the work (was covered as a full glass claim by insurance). I don't believe subrogation is a two-way street with an insurance company, but I will see if I can initiate a new claim for a faulty windshield. I may also alert my state's Attorney General to their business practices.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

I scheduled online and selected the 1 remaining appointment for the afternoon of the 29th of December 2022. Talked to installer around 8:30am & he said it would be 1:00pm to 5:00pm. That was the last I ever heard from him (Anthony was installer). Never called, texted, or emailed. At 4:30 I attempted to call and got a message about mailbox not set up, even though I called the number in the morning and he answered. Now he won’t answer. This was out of the Arlington, TX location. Suggest you never use them!

Safelite AutoGlass Company Information