Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

362 Safelite AutoGlass Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Safelite technician attempted to fix a 1/2" chip in my windshield, but while doing so applied too much pressure causing the chip to crack 18" across. He then handed me a $350 quote for a new windshield. After complaining, the corporate office offered me a $50 discount on the new windshield. Lolololol! How is this company in business???

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I had my windshield replaced with Safelite then I got a stress crack. They came out to look at it. The tech said it was a stress crack then all of a sudden he says it was a rock. Sent a picture to his manager and the manager says six rocks at my windshield when no rock hit my windshield whatsoever. Now they are refusing to replace the windshield which is under a lifetime warranty. This place is terrible. Do not do business with them. They lie and scam. It’s one of the worst businesses out there.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I have a cracked windshield and had set up an appointment two weeks ago. I checked my messages, emails and even the invoice page messages for any issues daily. Day came for them to arrive. I took vacation hours to stay home and wait for them. Only message I had received was one from "Gary" that stated he would be by around 12pm-5pm, and that he would text when he was arriving.

I waited all day and checked my messages every half an hour. Not a single message about being on his way or having issues finding my place. In the end I gave up after 5 pm and decide to leave the house to get something to eat. As I am driving I get the message that my appointment was canceled. No reason, no anything. This was 15-20mins after 5 pm.

I am now upset and call the customer "care", I get a woman saying she has no idea why and that she will email the guy but that is all she can do besides set up a new appointment. I can't spend ALL MY VACATION TIME WAITING FOR AN APPOINTMENT THEY CAN CANCEL 15 MINS AFTER ITS LATEST TIME! It is utterly ridiculous and the lack of actual caring for the customer is appalling. I refuse to make a new appointment and am gladly willing to take my business elsewhere. I would send screenshots of my messages if it let me do so here. I'd advise to not trust this company.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Cross country trip, bad hail storm in Colorado Springs, called ins. asap. Sent to Safelite Customer Service. Three different operators unhelpful; unsympathetic, would not schedule for 5 days; no attempt to find a way to help travelers. Asked for shop on the way to Kansas, still would not schedule for a week. Fortunately local Denver shop was sympathetic and obliging. Forget 800; go in to actual store.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Rachael out of Baton Rouge, LA was very nice and did a great job on fixing our chip on our windshield. Only took 20 mins. I would come Back to Safelite for our future repairs on our windshield and approved our insurance. They worked very nice together!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safelite AutoGlass?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Safelite rep, Jeff, arrived at my residence, immediately requested that I move the car to his liking and proceeded to walk around the vehicle, to include photographing the outside and inside of the vehicle. Upon questioning his intent, of roaming around and photographing the interior, Jeff responded in a rude manner and was insufficient in his reasoning. Jeff was asked to leave and Safelite was contacted. Having utilized Safelite in the past and referring several clients this correspondence was disturbing. A company dependent on its customer service should hire better communicators or provide better training. The convenience of their service does not outweigh personal respect.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I took a day off of work to wait at home and the technician never showed or contacted me. I had to call Safelite to find out that he didn't even know about the appointment that I made two weeks prior. The customer service reps, local and national, didn't seem to care.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Safelite came out to fix 2 windshield spots. In the commercial it looks great, however that's not what we got. The spots are still there, still look the same with something like clear nail polish over them and charge is $189. Disappointed and you can't even tell anything was done. One is pencil eraser size and other is smaller.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Was going on my 3rd Safelite windshield this year and they don't stand behind their product. 2 windshields were about a month old when the first one got a crack from a rock that flew up, the other cracked on its own. I called immediately, took pictures, and the representative that scheduled the appointment and mentioned that I wouldn't have to pay because it was only a month old. I get to the appointment which was just a waste of time because they refused to replace it saying that it was a not a stress crack, which it appears to be. I just left and I won't be using Safelite anymore. I will be going to small claims court to see if I can get my money back for this defective windshield. No one should have to pay full price for the 3rd windshield within 90 days of each other. Just sad that big companies can act like this.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I had my windshield replaced in my 2006 Lexus LS 430. Service was very good. The only problem was my rain sensor wipers were not working properly. They worked intermittently. I went to service store. They said I needed a new gel pad which they had to order from Lexus. While waiting for the gel pad, I took a trip and the top molding came loose and started flopping in the wind. I tape it down and went back to the store. They repaired the molding. Shortly thereafter I realized that my sensor was not working at all. I called them, they said I had for the new pad. The new pad was put in about a month later. My rain sensors still do not work. I was told by them that the sensor must be bad and there is nothing they can do.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Our driver's side window was shattered. Went out in the morning and it was destroyed. We don't know how. It was fine the day and evening before. Called our insurance company who uses Safelite and seeing the TV commercials thought they would be great. As they advertise, they come to you, do not have to change your plans and most times no cost to you. WRONG on all 3 counts. Our insurance called Safelite, Safelite called us. To come to us we had to pay. Not just for the window but for the courtesy of them coming to us. We had to change our plans.

We wanted to use our Trax to visit my Mom 2 hours away. We just purchased new tires for our vehicle for that specific reason. Well, needless to say, we could not go see my Mom because they wouldn't fix it until 3 days later. Vehicle was unusable. What a waste of a company. We went local with an awesome company that was cheaper and quicker. Don't believe everything you see and hear on Safelite's commercial.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Can't begin to described my experience. All I wanted was a windshield for a company truck. Website appointment process was flawed. Could not correct a typo in my address. Led to a week of failed promises, canceled appointment, do I get me money back? And on. Safelite has become a dinosaur with its people. Just there to get a paycheck. Found only one person who cared enough to call me back. I'll use my local window man in the future.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I wouldn’t recommend this company to my worst enemy. Had to reschedule my first appointment because the tech didn’t come to my house like planned. 2 days after the replacement of my windshield, the molding flew off while driving down the highway. Scared me to death and could have caused an accident. Not once did the company apologize for the incident, but they did admit this is a problem that happens more often than not. Parts were supposed to be ordered for a repair, but never were until I called and followed up days later. Looks like it will be 1-2 weeks before the problem can be fixed for a known issue on their part.

Apparently in an effort to save money (even though I paid over $400 for a windshield replacement) they did not replace the molding clips. Customer service is absolutely atrocious. Rude, incompetent, and complete lack of care. I’ve asked to speak to a manager multiple times, but am never allowed to. I’ve wasted 20-30 hours of my life on the phone and waiting for techs for a windshield replacement. Probably the worst customer care company I’ve ever worked with and terrible workmanship. Please save yourself the trouble and headache and use a different company.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I bought a brand new Mazda Miata which was 761 miles when a rock chip got the windshield. Went through insurance and they have had Safelite as their partner. Safelite tech worked on the car and scratched my brand new non scratched steering wheel in 2 places with his nails. He also scratched the windshield frame on top of the car. The seals were not bonded to the glass and there was a gap between the seal and the glass. Would not recommend Safelite to anybody even it is covered by insurance. I have called the shop and the complaint department but I got blamed as if I was the one who did this...The Manager was not helpful even though knowing that it was their fault. Again would not recommend anybody to use their service even free.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Our insurance company referred Safelite to us because of our windshield was crack. Safelite replaced the windshield and on heavy rain days we noticed that water was filling the back-seat floor. We took the car to the dealership and they diagnosed the problem ($130) and found out that the window was leaking. They said the damages were approximately $1,300 (causing water damage to the battery, fuse box, and wires). Safelite’s insurance inspector got to the dealership a couple of days later.

When we called Safelite later that day and asked if they were going to replace the window they told us that the car was locked, and they couldn’t inspect the car. We told them all they had to do is walk into the service center and pick-up the key. A couple of days later we were told that Safelite was there and replaced the windshield. I don’t know if Safelite talked to the dealership or not, but when we talked to service center that said that they filled up the battery that was drained and they weren’t going to do any repairs. They said we have to keep an eye on the car for now on and if we have any problems with the battery, fuse box, and wires bring it back to them and they will fix it.

The only good thing about this is that our insurance company kept a detailed log on what was going on and we called them to update them on the problems. They were very disappointed in Safelite and said that if we have any problems that they would “go after them”. Personally, I am disappointed because we are out $130 from the diagnosis fee and that from now on we have to keep an eye on the car for problems. I’m very disappointed that we can’t make these comments on Safelite’s website. It doesn’t give me the choice to do that. (This website wouldn't let me download the receipts).

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I had an appointment supposed to be today. But I still had to contact my insurance to let them know that they are supposed to tell me that an OEM glass had to take a freakin week to order. Bad service.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Had a windshield replaced in Warwick, Rhode Island location and very satisfied. Prompt service, reasonable price $217, and great workmanship. This is a real review by real customer, not a fake. Highly recommend this company if you need some auto glass.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

The idea in signing up for this service is the perceived convenience of having someone come out and replace your windshield at your home or place of business. 3 weeks, and 3 cancelled appointments later I still have a huge crack on my windshield and nothing but excuses and wasted time to show for it. The first appointment was due to the fact that they brought the wrong windshield. Safelite blamed my insurance company, however they had the VIN # and make and model for the car. They also had my # and could have called Lexus if there was a question.

The 2nd time was because the windshield was coming from New York and was delayed, but "might" be in later. So after a day waiting of course it didn't show. The 3rd time (this morning) the scheduled installer asked if I had a garage for him to work in. I don't, nor was this ever brought up in any previous conversations with the multitude of Safelite employees I spoke to. Now it did rain, LAST NIGHT. However it's not raining now and the forecast calls for clouds but no rain until a 30% chance at 2 am tomorrow. I would recommend not bothering with this company in the future, they advertise well but the reality is they are more trouble than they're worth.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Satellite tech damaged my vehicle and now the company is refusing to pay for diminished value. He came with attitude because his office sent him to the wrong address, also he damaged the windshield frame paint and now I can see bare metal. Company refuses to pay for everything.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I had my windshield replaced at the Toms River, NJ location and would never recommend them! First, my rearview mirror shook around like crazy so I took the car back and they supposedly fixed it. Well it is somewhat better, but still shakes. Second, I had some broken and missing plastic retainers around the windshield and the Tech told me he replaced them. I come to find out that he took them from the plastic cowl in an area covered by the hood. I bought the 4 I need for a $1.44. It wasn't the $1.44 that bothered me, it was the fact that I was told he replaced them.

Third, I had cleaned the plastic cowl and applied Armor-All before bring the car in so I am 100% sure there were 3 metal clips that hold the cowl to the firewall. Well one is missing and the Tech and Manager argued that there were only two. I did reach out to Corporate to express my dismay, but never did hear from them. That silence speaks volumes to me about how much a company cares about their customers. Got me once, but never again!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I have replaced windshields in my vehicles due to rocks hitting them. I know what it sounds like and what it looks like. I was traveling on I-90 on the on ramp - nothing in front of me for at least a mile (it was 7:30am). My I heard a loud snap of glass - really loud. NOTHING like when a rock hits a windshield. I looked at it at our next pullover and there was a 3” crack coming from the top of my window, almost dead center. Only a crack. No divot. As I continued my journey the crack traveled across the window and was about 12” long within 2 1/2 week’s. Now that I’m back home I had them come out to look at it. He found a small missing piece of glass - smaller than the head of a pin - where a piece of glass had chipped out - not even in a circular pattern. He decided that it was an impact.

I disagreed with him because the missing section was not there before. He said that the impact point can get bigger over time. I brought up the point that I have never known a large crack in glass where not a single piece gets loose and falls away - besides - the windshield receives a lot of wind pressure. Well, I guess it is in their best interest to decide that every crack in a windshield is from an impact. So if you ever have a broken piece of glass and a small piece loosens and falls out - then I guess someone threw a rock at it - even if it happened when you bumped it from the opposite side or you drop it and crack it. If a section falls out something hit it from the side. Seriously?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I booked appt for in shop repair via phone and was told an hour. Dropped off keys and was told 1.5 hours... might be done in an hour. Went for a WALK and returned 70 minutes - car NOT done. The windshield they had ordered for my car was defective. The person running the shop and who took my keys NEVER confirmed the BEST # to contact me while walking. The best number to call WAS on the SAFELITE FORM!!! He just used another phone number embedded from my insurance company's file. Furthermore, they also could have inspected the windshield when it arrived the wk before my apptmt. They would have seen the LARGE defect and ordered a new windshield in time for my appt. The attitude of the person behind the desk was unprofessional. He was even gabbing to someone on the phone when I returned and did not disconnect his call. This company is not well run.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

First when I got a new windshield in 2016 I had to return it because it was leaking. Now in 2018 the rubber molding came loose and when I went there they told me the molding was in warranty but they would have to replace the windshield when it is not broken REALLY and that is not under warranty? The so called tech said the windshield might break and therefore they would have to replace it. What a sham and scam they got going here. Never again would trust this company.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

My CHIP I was assured by the Safelite tech was fixed and would not spread turned into a foot crack in UNDER six months. Went into work no crack, came out CRACK! If it was a year or two down the line, no problem - not under six months. That is a lack of quality and faulty repair work. Now Safelite says their repairs are not guaranteed - not what I was told - and they are not responsible for faulty repairs. Now I have to pay $100 to have my windshield replaced - of which Safelite is helping with NOTHING even though it is their faulty repair which has caused the damage.

To make matters worse, they do not care their tech lied to me nor that I was told a manager would call me back and did not for two days. When I tried to call back before five pm all of their managers had already left and I had to wait the weekend to try to call back. You are better off to just get your windshield replaced than to have to deal with their hem-haw about faulty repair work. Save yourself the time and the headache.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

After I had my car broken into through the driver's side window, I contacted Safelite through my insurance company. They scheduled the appointment for 3 days after the incident and I chose a mobile tech. He was on time and very nice and professional. The installation of the glass was so bad that I can hear excessive wind noise and whistling and there is a very visible gap between the window weatherstrip/gasket and the glass. I did not notice this when I signed off - was just excited to have glass. I immediately called to reschedule to have this service done AGAIN. I am REALLY BUMMED that this has to be re-installed/fixed. Very disappointed as well.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

During our last service we had a small divot in the windshield fixed. Your service person came out and fixed the divot and mentioned that sometimes larger cracks will happen after the divot is fixed, and if it did, to call back. A larger crack happened a day or so later and we had to have the service redone. I wasn’t extremely happy about having the entire windshield replaced as the car is new. We had to take it into a service center because I have a radar on the windshield. Ever since the plastic cover kept falling down. I knew I had to take my car into Toyota for service anyway so I asked them to check it out this morning.

Toyota says that it was wired incorrectly AND that the clips had been broken off the plastic cover and that this has happened before with Toyota Rav4s and Safelite. I have to now pay 59.99 plus tax for the plastic piece that Safelite broke. I called Safelite and spoke to a woman who told me that I could come by and get a cover from her that she had laying around to replace the pc that was broken. I had already told Toyota to fix the cover because it needed to be fixed assuming a company like Safelite would stand by their work and reimburse me for the cover they broke.

The woman on the phone did not tell me who she was but I believe she was the service manager of the Safelite shop that I took my car too. She clearly is not in the customer service field and she wasn’t very nice. She told me that because Toyota had touched the cover they would no longer warranty their work. She also said that Toyota changes their windshields all the time and that this type of thing happens all the time. Toyota told me you wired it up wrong, I am not going to take my car back for you to “fix” it. She also said that Toyota always says Safelite did something wrong which I thought was completely unprofessional as they are the experts.

I really feel this is TERRIBLE customer service. I will never use Safelite again nor will my friends and family. I’ll make sure that happens. I will also post this all over social media and contact the news stations. This is seriously disturbing that Safelite would just say, "Sorry, we won’t warranty this because your DEALERSHIP touched it after we messed it up." I wouldn’t have known the writing was installed incorrectly had I not taken it in to Toyota. The fact is, 60.00 won’t break me and I’m not concerned about the $$$ at this point. I just cannot believe Safelite would work on a car they do not know how to fix.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I had Safelite replace the windshield in my car and within a year a stress crack appeared from one edge. When I went back to their shop they pointed and said “yep, something struck it right here and that is what caused the crack”. There was nothing that I could see that would cause a crack but they claimed they have a trained eye for spotting that sort of thing. I say BS. So I pay to have them replace the windshield and make an appointment. They call me on the day of my appointment to tell me they have to cancel because the new windshield cracked while being delivered on the truck. So I get a new appointment for replacement and get it done but once again after only a couple years another stress crack has formed from the edge and nothing struck it that would cause it. Will never return to Safelite and will only use OEM glass from now on.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Safelite repaired my windshield (zero deductible in my state). The repair was terribly done and still visible after repair. Within a couple of weeks, the shoddy repair started cracking. I called, explained the situation, and they came out and replaced the windshield under their "warranty". A few months later, I get a bill for the replacement. I had to call them and call the insurance company so Safelite could re-bill the insurance company for the replacement. There is no warranty at all. They just bill the insurance company again, but somehow I'm liable if they can't get their paperwork in order? There is no warranty--that's a lie. Their workmanship was at fault there. Fortunately, my insurance company is more reliable than Safelite and paid for the replacement.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I recently had a technician come to my job to repair a crack in my windshield. It was obvious that he was annoyed from the start since it was very hot out that day and he did not want to be there. After I gave him my keys and went back into work I get a call to come outside and my windshield has been repaired but "due to the heat he tore a gash in my dashboard" and "this can sometimes happen when it's this hot out." None of that made sense and it was obvious that he slipped while working and was being careless causing a 2 inch gash in my dashboard that he apparently tried to fix but was unable to.

After contacting Safelite I was assured that they would take care of it and it would be 100% covered under their warranty. I had numerous phone calls back and forth with the local office manager, Ted, who kept insisting it was a priority for them to get it taken care of as it was their fault and they would have someone come out and repair it for me. I scheduled an appt. with Safelite clearly stating I needed someone to assess the extent of the damage and see if it could be fixed without removing the entire windshield. They sent out another technician who was told he was there to repair a crack in the windshield. So when he got to my job he was unable to do anything but stated that the previous technician definitely slipped up and the damage had nothing to do with the heat as was previously claimed and I would most likely need an entirely new dashboard.

I made a few more phone calls to Safelite over the next few days as did the dashboard repair guy who was referred to me (who was great btw) and between phone calls from both of us we were getting nowhere with Safelite. That's when my husband, who works in auto body, stepped in and also made numerous calls back and forth to Safelite. They assured him they would meet the dashboard repair guy on a given day in order to remove my windshield and make the repair.

The day the dashboard repair guy was set to come and fix it Safelite claimed there was no one available to come and remove my windshield that day and we would have to reschedule. About another week went by with numerous dodged phone calls before legal action was threatened and multiple calls were placed to Geico wo to complain. Finally, no less than a month after the initial damage was caused did we finally get my dashboard repaired. I will never use Safelite again after all of the aggravation they put me through in order to repair a mistake made by them.

Original review: July 6, 2018

At the first sight they were nice, prompt to do anything. My insurance, AAA, offer me to make Safelite to come to my place, which due the situation was better than drive there. While repairing it the guy discover that when people break into my car, reason why I needed their services, it affected the mechanism that opens the door plus other pieces. They told me that it is covered by my insurance that I should call 4 days later (this happened on June 18th) and ask for manager. I did. He told me "We are waiting pieces, sometimes we will need to paint it so process will be longer". I agree.

Later on, a week or so, I call them. The really displeasing guy told me that they are waiting approval from my insurance to go ahead, they clearly lied to me. I called back to my insurance and they told to AAA they are still waiting for the pieces. It is been almost a month I don't have access to my trunk because of the missing pieces. Yes I cannot open the door. Still 3 weeks later. So if you are going to use their services be sure they only need to change your glass and nothing else because you will have to wait a bunch of time to get it fixed.

Safelite AutoGlass Company Information