Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.62/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Safelite AutoGlass Reviews

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I am beyond pleased with my experience with Safelite. My technician not only did a great job with the repair of the rock chip in my windshield, she went above and beyond in cleaning the windows of my car and vacuuming the front seats and mats! I had no idea they would do that! (It totally needed it, too.) I went out of my way to come to this site to leave this review because I was deeply impressed with the level of service I experienced today. They are friendly, professional, well-trained, and deserve nothing but the BEST of reviews in my opinion! Safelite has a loyal customer in me! :D

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

This is my review - couldn't find a link to leave a review on your website. I was amazed at the quality of Safelite's service - truly AMAZED! In these times, and in a metropolitan area like Dallas/Ft. Worth, when you seldom find businesses and employees who have a true customer service attitude and service quality orientation - I was amazed to find just that at Safelite Autoglass in Lewisville, TX.

I had a bit of anxiety that the cracked windshield on my 2017 Nissan Frontier would be replaced with a quality product, in a quality manner - since it was being replaced by a third party vendor and not Nissan. But, my anxiety was misplaced - Wayne ** the technician was exceptional - just a very professional, customer oriented member of the Safelite Team... who knows what he's doing, and has excellent customer relations. From the online registration experience, to the quick check-in, timely service, and quick check-out - the service was seamless and impeccable. I'm impressed that Safelite has developed a process that is based around a total quality program, and takes the care they do in "selecting," training and motivating their team members in delivery of total quality/customer service. Total quality at a fair price, delivered in a fast and courteous manner! Just amazing!

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Went in to the office to get my windshield replaced. I was VERY PLEASED with the service. I waited about 1 1/2 hours, which is about right for the kind of service done. The service person also replaced my wipers and gave me a very good price. He was very knowledgeable and helpful with any questions I had. The only thing I want to mention at this time is that it was never explained in the advertising that there is an extra charge for mobile service (if you want them to come to your place of residence or place of business it's an extra $30). I got this information when I spoke to the service person. I told him I couldn't decide whether to come to the office or have mobile service. That's when he told me that it's an extra $30 for the mobile service. This needs to be mentioned upfront.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Safelite has great customer service. They set their selves apart from different companies. One reason why is they didn’t have me sitting at the house from 12-5, for 5 hours like I didn’t have a life. Carmen the tech that worked on my window confirmed he picked up my case and he would be there between a 2 hour range, which I feel is fair because they come to you. I also received a text when he was about 30 minutes away. I thought this was very professional because someone might have to run a quick errand close to the house and need to know your close.

Carmen explained everything to me perfectly about what could happen and how he would do his best job. He also prepared me for the worst and was very reassuring letting me know the crack might spread even after being fixed but they can replace glass and most likely insurance would pay which I knew but it was very reassuring. He did a get repair on my window the last time I had a repair on my window I could still see the crack clear as day. Carmen had great customer service and also cleaned by the dashboard spotless, which I thought was really nice. I again just want to say thank you to Carmen and Safelite AutoGlass for their great customer service and communication.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Safelite replaced our back passenger window after a break-in. We rarely put the window down, but 15 months later, when our nephew was riding in the back & tried to put down the window, the glass "jumped track" & slid own into the door. The Safelite technician came & fixed it 1 day after I called. It was still under warranty so there was no charge. (If the problem had been the motor, there would have been a charge, but fortunately the motor was just fine.)

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safelite AutoGlass?

Original review: May 19, 2020

Prepaid an Appointment with Safelite to come to me to replace the Windshield in my Truck. Advised them that I had rust around the frame. Ended up having to come into the local shop to have them look at my truck. There was a small amount of rust once they removed the Windshield but nothing that look too bad. The manager refused to install the new windshield even though I agreed the warranty would be void because of the rust. They did however install my old windshield back in my Truck and let me drive it away. Then they took forever to refund my money for the non-visit. I ended up getting the windshield replaced for 1/2 the cost of Safelite at a local shop. WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN!

Original review: May 18, 2020

I called Safelite to ask if they replace rear sliding windshields. The phone representative said yes and took down my information. I didnt want to take it to the dealer because of price. I was happy to find out they do replace rear sliders. The lady gave me a price of 315.00. Perfect! That's a good price! I told her! Are you sure? It's the whole rear slider that is leaking and I just want a new one. She said yes and I was scheduled at work. Service was 8am to 10am. The driver called and said I'm his 4th stop.

He finally showed up at my work at noon. The driver jumps out and has a slider insert piece. Not the whole slider. I told him that I was very specific in details. After his 30 minute drive, the driver calls his dispatcher and says! "It's the whole glass!" The dispatcher starts yelling on the phone and I can hear him call me an idiot! I said no! Your rep needs training. So the driver gets into his truck to leave. I have to stop him and say! Are you going to order the right glass or is someone going to call me about this? He says yes and drives off. Nobody called back. Dropped me like a hot rock! It was so unprofessional. All of it.

Original review: May 12, 2020

I highly recommend taking photos of your car before any work begins. I recently had my windshield replaced and during the process they significantly scratched the paint off the frame around the windshield. I will preface this complaint with the knowledge that there is currently a recall on my particular paint due to flaking and ultimately that is likely the cause of the paint to flake off, however it’s the highly unprofessional responses and handling of the situation that infuriates me. At the time of the replacement, there was no indication of any flaking paint. The installer came and left and never mentioned anything to me about the paint coming off. I noticed the scratches hours later so I took pictures and submitted them for a claim. Safelite sent someone out to review and take pictures of the damage a few days later.

Shortly thereafter I received a call from the Worcester manager Allen telling me that he reviewed the timestamped photos and that the damage was there before the work started. I argued that there was no possible way it was like that before so he emailed me some pictures. When I looked at the pictures I knew that they were the ones taken that morning because the car was parked in a totally different location (so much for the time stamp). I responded that the photos were taken that day and he claimed to have mistakenly attached the wrong ones and would send over the correct ones.

I did receive another photo that I was told was taken “previously to the install.” I could tell it was taken on the day of the install but it was clearly cropped and was oddly close to the damage. I took a closer look at the picture and realized that there was no windshield in the picture, which I’m sure is why it was cropped so close. The photo was taken after the old windshield was removed but “previously to the install” of the new one.

I couldn’t believe how manipulative and deceptive Allen was being! I called him out on this deception and his only response was that it’s a known issue with the paint and to deal with Toyota since “there is no damage due to the install.” If he had just been upfront with me and acknowledged that the paint flaked off during the removal process due to a known issue with the paint I wouldn’t have had any problem. Instead he lied and tried to deceive me to remove any fault from Safelite. I’m disgusted with how I was treated and I will NEVER use Safelite again.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I recently paid over $450 for a windshield for my daughter. The service person missed the appointment twice, on the third appointment informed her that the service could not be made. I still have not received my money back.

Original review: May 4, 2020

Has my windshield replaced, the trim is not where it should be and it was a bad installation. But my real problem is with the technician who flirted with my wife while I was not home making her feel at risk. If and when satellite returns my call I will bring it to their attention but I will not use them again.

Safelite AutoGlass Company Information