1.23/5
Based on 83 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

339 Safelite AutoGlass Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

My CHIP I was assured by the Safelite tech was fixed and would not spread turned into a foot crack in UNDER six months. Went into work no crack, came out CRACK! If it was a year or two down the line, no problem - not under six months. That is a lack of quality and faulty repair work. Now Safelite says their repairs are not guaranteed - not what I was told - and they are not responsible for faulty repairs. Now I have to pay $100 to have my windshield replaced - of which Safelite is helping with NOTHING even though it is their faulty repair which has caused the damage.

To make matters worse, they do not care their tech lied to me nor that I was told a manager would call me back and did not for two days. When I tried to call back before five pm all of their managers had already left and I had to wait the weekend to try to call back. You are better off to just get your windshield replaced than to have to deal with their hem-haw about faulty repair work. Save yourself the time and the headache.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

After I had my car broken into through the driver's side window, I contacted Safelite through my insurance company. They scheduled the appointment for 3 days after the incident and I chose a mobile tech. He was on time and very nice and professional. The installation of the glass was so bad that I can hear excessive wind noise and whistling and there is a very visible gap between the window weatherstrip/gasket and the glass. I did not notice this when I signed off - was just excited to have glass. I immediately called to reschedule to have this service done AGAIN. I am REALLY BUMMED that this has to be re-installed/fixed. Very disappointed as well.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

During our last service we had a small divot in the windshield fixed. Your service person came out and fixed the divot and mentioned that sometimes larger cracks will happen after the divot is fixed, and if it did, to call back. A larger crack happened a day or so later and we had to have the service redone. I wasn’t extremely happy about having the entire windshield replaced as the car is new. We had to take it into a service center because I have a radar on the windshield. Ever since the plastic cover kept falling down. I knew I had to take my car into Toyota for service anyway so I asked them to check it out this morning.

Toyota says that it was wired incorrectly AND that the clips had been broken off the plastic cover and that this has happened before with Toyota Rav4s and Safelite. I have to now pay 59.99 plus tax for the plastic piece that Safelite broke. I called Safelite and spoke to a woman who told me that I could come by and get a cover from her that she had laying around to replace the pc that was broken. I had already told Toyota to fix the cover because it needed to be fixed assuming a company like Safelite would stand by their work and reimburse me for the cover they broke.

The woman on the phone did not tell me who she was but I believe she was the service manager of the Safelite shop that I took my car too. She clearly is not in the customer service field and she wasn’t very nice. She told me that because Toyota had touched the cover they would no longer warranty their work. She also said that Toyota changes their windshields all the time and that this type of thing happens all the time. Toyota told me you wired it up wrong, I am not going to take my car back for you to “fix” it. She also said that Toyota always says Safelite did something wrong which I thought was completely unprofessional as they are the experts.

I really feel this is TERRIBLE customer service. I will never use Safelite again nor will my friends and family. I’ll make sure that happens. I will also post this all over social media and contact the news stations. This is seriously disturbing that Safelite would just say, "Sorry, we won’t warranty this because your DEALERSHIP touched it after we messed it up." I wouldn’t have known the writing was installed incorrectly had I not taken it in to Toyota. The fact is, 60.00 won’t break me and I’m not concerned about the $$$ at this point. I just cannot believe Safelite would work on a car they do not know how to fix.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I had Safelite replace the windshield in my car and within a year a stress crack appeared from one edge. When I went back to their shop they pointed and said “yep, something struck it right here and that is what caused the crack”. There was nothing that I could see that would cause a crack but they claimed they have a trained eye for spotting that sort of thing. I say BS. So I pay to have them replace the windshield and make an appointment. They call me on the day of my appointment to tell me they have to cancel because the new windshield cracked while being delivered on the truck. So I get a new appointment for replacement and get it done but once again after only a couple years another stress crack has formed from the edge and nothing struck it that would cause it. Will never return to Safelite and will only use OEM glass from now on.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Safelite repaired my windshield (zero deductible in my state). The repair was terribly done and still visible after repair. Within a couple of weeks, the shoddy repair started cracking. I called, explained the situation, and they came out and replaced the windshield under their "warranty". A few months later, I get a bill for the replacement. I had to call them and call the insurance company so Safelite could re-bill the insurance company for the replacement. There is no warranty at all. They just bill the insurance company again, but somehow I'm liable if they can't get their paperwork in order? There is no warranty--that's a lie. Their workmanship was at fault there. Fortunately, my insurance company is more reliable than Safelite and paid for the replacement.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safelite AutoGlass?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I recently had a technician come to my job to repair a crack in my windshield. It was obvious that he was annoyed from the start since it was very hot out that day and he did not want to be there. After I gave him my keys and went back into work I get a call to come outside and my windshield has been repaired but "due to the heat he tore a gash in my dashboard" and "this can sometimes happen when it's this hot out." None of that made sense and it was obvious that he slipped while working and was being careless causing a 2 inch gash in my dashboard that he apparently tried to fix but was unable to.

After contacting Safelite I was assured that they would take care of it and it would be 100% covered under their warranty. I had numerous phone calls back and forth with the local office manager, Ted, who kept insisting it was a priority for them to get it taken care of as it was their fault and they would have someone come out and repair it for me. I scheduled an appt. with Safelite clearly stating I needed someone to assess the extent of the damage and see if it could be fixed without removing the entire windshield. They sent out another technician who was told he was there to repair a crack in the windshield. So when he got to my job he was unable to do anything but stated that the previous technician definitely slipped up and the damage had nothing to do with the heat as was previously claimed and I would most likely need an entirely new dashboard.

I made a few more phone calls to Safelite over the next few days as did the dashboard repair guy who was referred to me (who was great btw) and between phone calls from both of us we were getting nowhere with Safelite. That's when my husband, who works in auto body, stepped in and also made numerous calls back and forth to Safelite. They assured him they would meet the dashboard repair guy on a given day in order to remove my windshield and make the repair.

The day the dashboard repair guy was set to come and fix it Safelite claimed there was no one available to come and remove my windshield that day and we would have to reschedule. About another week went by with numerous dodged phone calls before legal action was threatened and multiple calls were placed to Geico wo to complain. Finally, no less than a month after the initial damage was caused did we finally get my dashboard repaired. I will never use Safelite again after all of the aggravation they put me through in order to repair a mistake made by them.

Original review: July 6, 2018

At the first sight they were nice, prompt to do anything. My insurance, AAA, offer me to make Safelite to come to my place, which due the situation was better than drive there. While repairing it the guy discover that when people break into my car, reason why I needed their services, it affected the mechanism that opens the door plus other pieces. They told me that it is covered by my insurance that I should call 4 days later (this happened on June 18th) and ask for manager. I did. He told me "We are waiting pieces, sometimes we will need to paint it so process will be longer". I agree.

Later on, a week or so, I call them. The really displeasing guy told me that they are waiting approval from my insurance to go ahead, they clearly lied to me. I called back to my insurance and they told to AAA they are still waiting for the pieces. It is been almost a month I don't have access to my trunk because of the missing pieces. Yes I cannot open the door. Still 3 weeks later. So if you are going to use their services be sure they only need to change your glass and nothing else because you will have to wait a bunch of time to get it fixed.

Original review: July 5, 2018

We had our back window broke by our lawn service 4 days ago. We were connected by our insurance company to Safelite. They were very nice on the phone, but couldn't arrange for a replacement for 3 days. Today they didn't show up for the appointment and when my husband called they said we don't have an appointment with them. He set up another appointment but couldn't do it until next week. At that time we will be driving our only car for over a week with a broken window. It rains every day here!

I called to put in a complaint hoping for some kind of help getting this done faster since it was their mistake and found out that the glass was not ordered until I called. If I would not have also called we wouldn't have gotten it fixed next week either. I told the lady I spoke with tonight that this isn't fair that we are without a car to go and do things this weekend because of their mistake. She just apologized. I thought maybe they might pay the small deductible for us to make up for it. I will not pick them again!!!

Original review: July 3, 2018

Initially, I brought in my 2018 Nissan Rouge Sport into their shop on June 12th, 2018 to have my front windshield replaced. It had a crack in it. It cost nearly $600 to replace. Not only that, it took two days to replace. They had initially told me to come in on the 12th, I did and then they told me at the end of the day that they did not have any in stock and that it would be done the next day. So I had to waste a day with it in the shop because of a lack of communication on their part.

Two weeks later on June 14th, I noticed another crack on the windshield. Initially, I was told that it would be covered under warranty. Once the tech came out he told me that it was not caused by stress but by an impact of some kind. He had this look of, "Well you'll need to fork over another $600." No way! I called their corporate line and the supervisor quickly indicated to me that it was caused by an impact and that "tough luck" (he really didn't say it but his mannerisms sure did). I will never ever use them again. And I will be sure to tell everyone I know about the type of customer service you get from them. Come on - 2 weeks after getting a new windshield and it has an impact again! And I didn't drive it much and it was in a city environment! Give me a break - I'm not that stupid. NEVER AGAIN SAFELITE AUTOGLASS!!!

Original review: June 28, 2018

Contacted Safelite to replace cracked windshield. They showed up and did a terrible job. Window wasn't installed correctly. Glass shards and dirty hand prints all over my car. Let Safelite know and they decided to replace again, at no charge. Well, this time they got the windshield installed correctly, but scratched my hood and roof down to bare metal.

I brought this to the attention of Safelite, and they asked me to get quote for repair, which I did. I submitted and Safelite originally approved repair. So, when I go to schedule repair of damage Safelite caused, I am told Safelite only agreed to cover my hood and not the roof line where top of windshield meets roof. I ask them why, and they state they didn't cause the damage. I should have looked at the vehicle CLOSER after they finished repair. I will never use Safelite or recommend Safelite to anyone. They don't stand behind their word.

Original review: June 26, 2018

First appointment was scheduled a week in advance. The technician showed up the last hour of the 4 hour window, broke the new windshield putting it in and wanted me to go ahead and pay and use my warranty for a new one! No way! I did not pay. Rescheduled for the next Tuesday. That is one full day and a second half day missing work! Appointment was from 8 to noon. Called them because no one came. They said the technician called in sick??? What? So here is my experience. Incompetent, obviously does not know how to replace a windshield and just rude, cannot even call and let you know that you have no technician coming to replace their mistake!!! Save your time and money!

Original review: June 22, 2018

I work in Stamford, CT and schedule an appointment on Monday for Friday from 12 noon - 5. At around 2 pm, I started wondering if the technician would show up, and upon checking my appointment on the Safelite website, saw that it had been moved to Tuesday. No heads up, not checking with me to see if I was available at that time, no text alert. I called, was told that the shop manager had changed the appointment, and was put on hold while the shop was contacted. The agent was unable to do so and wanted me to take down their number and call them until I got through. Seriously? I canceled my appointment and encourage anyone reading this to go with another provider.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Had an appointment for a warranty claim today and the tech showed up on time however, he was extremely rude and unprofessional! It is a rather hot day which I understand and sympathize. But after the gentlemen knocked on the door he immediately raised his voice and said “he found a chip!” I walked out with him to see what he was referring to and sure thing under the rubber was a small chip that caused a crack. I hadn’t noticed that before so he again said “IT'S CHIPPED!” I said ok, can you repair it? He said no and walked backed to his van. Extremely unprofessional and inappropriate. I won’t be back.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I feel that these people are more inclined to Cash and Credit Card services over Com Data or EFS checks when it comes to Trucks (Semi). I had scheduled an appointment to replace a window in a Peterbilt truck on Jun 20, 18, the time frame was between 12 noon and 5pm which they would drive out to the place of service. A Price was quoted and agreed upon, I specifically asked if they accept Com Data and EFS checks for payment as no account for service was set up. They said Yes so we all proceeded forward.

When the Tech got here, he had no idea how to handle this payment, the task was simple, they complete the job I run the check number to our dispatch, they issue the OK for payment get the confirmation code, check is good. This guy stood there calling his manager, as I sat calling my dispatch and we both are getting different stories from Safelite's management, the tech decides to call the EFS ph# which is an automated list giving options of what the caller wanted to do, he had no clue what or how to proceed. Needless to say nothing got done and the truck remained AS IS. So with this warning I tell all to Semi Drivers, you're better off finding a facility that does this at hand and has the knowledge of what resources are acceptable in payment otherwise you're just wasting time, and we all know if you don't roll you don't get paid and we all have responsibilities out there to get done.

I wouldn't recommend these people unless you have CASH or Credit card on hand, and we all know anyone who's going to stash $500.00 in cash to pay is asking for a problem, worst idea to do. We will never call this company again. Apparently the smarts just aren't there, Com Data and EFS checks have been around for a long time, to try and tell me they never seen one is unreal.

Original review: June 15, 2018

On June 11 the technician shows up at my house which is 28 miles away from Champaign, Illinois without the rain sensor pad so the manager Jeff of the store has to bring it out to the to my house so I let my car sit in the garage for 4 days. The technician before he left where it was testing the rain sensor with Windex did not work so I went in the house and got a glass of water and poured on the windshield and it worked. Remind you I let my car sit in the garage for 4 days. I take it out of the garage and drive to Charleston, Illinois and it's raining and the rain sensor doesn't work so I call customer service and I get hung up on because I requested to talk to a manager and the representative hung up on me so I called again.

I got a number to the Illinois store which was actually a 1 800 number so I called again. Got the right number to the store and Jeff the manager was too busy to see what was wrong with my rain sensor so I have to wait 3 more days in order to have somebody look at it so I called corporate office and I guess the area manager calls me back and basically tells me the same thing Jeff told me so basically they collected my money, collected my insurance and put in a faulty rain sensor in my windshield. But now I have to wait 3 more days in order to get it looked at that and customer service Safelite. Safelite rips you off.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I had to have my windshield replaced 2 weeks ago. The tech showed up on time, was a very nice gentleman and got the job done quickly. He did damage the paint on my hood & once I contacted the home office for this company concerning the damage I was treated like gold. The actual VP of this company called me at 9:30 PM on Saturday night and promised I would be taken care of. The next day on Sunday, the local rep for the company (Michael) called me and promised me I would be taken care of and that someone would contact me within a few days. 2 days later the home office in Ohio contacted me and stated that they would either get the work done for me or cut a check & I could get it done myself. They sent me a settlement check which was very fair and I have an appointment scheduled for next week to take care of it. What a FANTASTIC company to deal with! Everyone involved treated me fair and were very nice people.

Original review: June 12, 2018

We have full glass coverage yet the technician on the way here said we had to come up with cash because our insurance would not cover it. Yesterday we got a confirmation from Safelite stating that we had zero deductible. We even confirmed with our insurance yet this guy wanted $65.00 cash. Called to complain and they lied about knowing if we had coverage. Horrible management IMHO. They wanted to reschedule and we said we only go with companies that have integrity so no thank you. Now reading all of these we dodged a bullet it seems.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I made several appointments to get my windshield replaced. I am on disability so it took me awhile to get the money together. But every time I made the appointment my work order numbers always said one price for the windshield that I told them I needed then when I get there they tried to almost double the price saying that it was the wrong windshield when I had specifically told them what windshield I needed. And they quoted me the 198.67 on two or three work order numbers that I have in my email and then when I get there they try to make it three hundred and something dollars which I was unable to pay so I did not get my windshield replaced by them. I even called the corporate office and they just were no help at all. They just all lied and did what they wanted to do which is cheap me as a customer.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I could not be more displeased with the lack of service provided by Safelite. They did not check my VIN number and did not have the correct windshield for my first appointment, so I wasted time and gas dropping my car one evening only to have someone take me back the next day to get my car with a windshield that was more damaged than when I dropped it there. They were unapologetic. They finally got the correct windshield a week later but did not return my call for days to reschedule. I set an appointment for 2:00 on a Saturday and was told it would be ready by 5:00. I was also told they closed at 5:00 and like to leave as early as possible on Saturdays.

I again had to inconvenience someone to help me drop the car and pick it up. When we arrived at 5:00, the car had not been touched. The administrative assistant, rather than being apologetic, told me she lived as far away as did I when I mentioned the inconvenience. Extremely inappropriate and unprofessional. My car should have been a priority after the first blunder, but they made it painfully clear clients and customer service are not important to them. My windshield is still not replaced. I do NOT recommend them.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Shoddy service. Made appointment on May 22 for June 5th. Purchased front & rear windshield wipers. Later received an email confirming the appointment but was only charged for the rear. On June 4th I was told the appointment needed to be canceled b/c the replacement windshield had a scratch. Reset for June 7th between hours of 12p-5p. At 1:15p they cancelled again. This time because technicians had called in sick. *NOTE both days it was raining heavily, BUT, I had secured a large garage for the work to be done in a cool, dry environment. Reset to Saturday June 9th. Worked completed but only the front windshield wipers were replaced. The technician said his work order only said front & that he couldn't replace the rear anyways b/c he didn't have a rear one.

Called the office, got standard lip service then, "well let me check to see if we even carry that part..." Me: "Why would you charge me for a part that you don't carry?" Continued with run around to include guilt trip/sarcasm, "well if I have to, I'll leave the office and buy the part and to come to you even though we have things going on..." Me: "The part is $12.77. Two cancellations & run around; just refund my $12.77 & let's go out separate ways. You guys aren't worth the aggravation." Them: "We didn't charge you for the windshield wipers & I have no record of you purchasing the rear." Note: The whole conversation about the wipers arose when I responded to the confirmation email. The person on the other line asked for proof & provided an email that as it turns out is not a valid email address. Needless to say. I won't recommend them to any friends or family. If I ever need another windshield I'll look elsewhere...

Original review: June 8, 2018

Terrible company. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere. My vehicle was only 4 months old when my windshield cracked. I called Safelite on 4-6-18 after confirming with my insurance company that I am covered for a new OEM windshield. I asked for mobile service and was given a scheduled date of 4-19-18 at 12 noon (I have email confirmation). The installer did not arrive until 3:30 pm. He was about to start removing my cracked windshield so I asked to see the new one. As he took it out of the truck and set it on the table I noticed a chip on the bottom (photo available). I told him I would not accept that windshield.

The chip would have been covered by the trim but would probably have cracked as soon as I hit a bump. I was then given a new install date of 5-4-18. Before arriving they called and tried to get me to bring my vehicle to them even though I asked for mobile service and told them I have an empty 3 car garage for them to work in. Upon arrival they tried installing the same chipped windshield that I rejected on 4-19. Keep in mind that when you bring your vehicle to them you are not allowed in the service area and cannot see which windshield they are installing. They returned 2 hrs later with a new windshield or possibly found a way to repair the chip so it wasn't noticeable. While replacing the windshield they damaged the small chrome trim piece on the passenger side (photos available).

They also threw all the trim pieces on top of my rear leather seats while doing the work (It's a luxury SUV that is only 4 months old). They told me that they will order a replacement trim and they would fix it once the replacement was available. I drove to their shop 3 times between May 9th and June 4th, only to be given different excuses each time. I finally received a call on 6-6-18 that the replacement trim had arrived. I drove to their shop immediately and finally got the new piece installed. It took 61 days from start to finish on my windshield replacement and I had to make 4 trips to their shop (so much for mobile service) and numerous phone calls.

Original review: June 6, 2018

A ten week ordeal trying to replace windshield. 1st appointment: "Sorry wrong windshield." 2nd appointment: "Sorry, wrong moulding." 3rd call: "Sorry moulding is back ordered." 4th appointment: "Sorry wrong windshield." 5th call: "I will override system and we will be there Tuesday." Never showed up! Stay away folks!! There was no 6th call. Went to another supplier.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Do not believe the commercials. First off they could not schedule an appointment until FIVE days after I called. Second they give you a FIVE hour window for the repairman to arrive. My window was between 12 PM ET and 5 PM ET. At 12:30 PM ET I get a call from 'Rock' that he will be there in an hour. At 1:30 no one arrives. I call Rock. He then informs me that he just started another job. I had to ask twice what time I could expect him. He finally said 4:30 PM ET. At 4:20 PM ET I get a phone call from Rock but I was on another line and had to call him back, which I did in five minutes. I get Rock's voicemail and leave a message. 5 PM ET comes and goes no Rock no return call. I call again and get his voicemail again. I hang up without leaving a message.

Ten minutes later I get a phone call from Rock. He has the GALL to say "Hi Mike! Whats up?" I say, "It's ten after five. Where are you, I have been sitting here for five hours." He says, "I left a voicemail saying the glass was broken and we have to reschedule." Now I have a Samsung Galaxy 8+. When some leaves a voicemail you get a notification plus a little green icon next to the number that left it in Recent Calls. There was and still is nothing. Now they want me to sit here for ANOTHER five hours Tuesday and there is not a damn thing I can do about it. Use these guys at your own peril.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I will not be returning. It took a week to schedule an appointment, last Tuesday 8-12 was my appointment. I got a call the day before my appointment asking me to reschedule for Thursday. I was trying to be reasonable and accepted. Unfortunately the afternoon after my originally scheduled appointment, the storm that blew through split the tiny chip in my windshield and now I need the whole thing replaced. When I called to ask if there was anything they could do, I was told that I would receive a call from the manager a few days later. The call never came.

When my new appointment finally came, I was up early on my day off waiting for my new 8-12 technician to arrive. He showed up about 12:15, and when he finally got started, he realized that they gave him the wrong windshield. He had to drive back to the warehouse to get the right windshield, and he wasn’t back until after 1 pm. I had other things to do after my appointment before I went to work, but that wasn’t able to happen because of everything being messed up. My original windshield should have been fixed over a week and a half ago, easily fixing a chip less than an inch big. I rescheduled trying to be nice and now I’m spending over $250 more than originally quoted because of the crack, and I can’t even get anyone to give me a call back. I’m a college student, I cannot afford stuff like this, which is why I hastily accepted the reschedule for a simply $40 discount. I will never be scheduling with this company again.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I booked an appointment online. Time of Service was listed as between 8 am and 12 noon, BUT for an additional $14.99 I could book the Early Bird Special and be first on the list. I did so since I had minor surgery scheduled for the afternoon of the service date and wanted to be sure I allowed sufficient time. Checking back later on my appointment time, it was still listed as between 8 and noon. I called and was told that I was first on the list but their technician first needed to go into the shop to pickup equipment, etc and that he'd be there between 8 and 10. Jessie, showed up at 9:45. A far cry from 8 am. Then I was told that the replacement would take between and hour and an hour and a half (30 minutes less than what the web site stated. Yay). However, there would also be an additional one hour waiting time to allow the adhesive/sealant to cure. Needless to say, I had a time problem.

My complaint, the 8 am to noon quoted time estimate was deliberately misleading. If the technicians report to work at 8, gather equipment and make calls, there is no way that any customer will be serviced beginning at 8AM. AND, the installation time estimate should at least mention, if not include, the additional hour's curing time. Oh, and the wipers I ordered and prepaid through PayPal??? The tech had no record off them. I'm really worried about the quality of materials and workmanship given the misleading information and forgotten order items.

Original review: May 31, 2018

If I could give this company zero, I definitely would. I set up an appointment through Safelite's website. Due to the availability of the window, the appointment had to be set a week out (also an 8 am-12:00pm timeframe). Two days prior to the appointment, the technician calls and says the window is not yet available and the appointment would need to be rescheduled. I called another company - they informed me they get their glass from Safelite and based on her inventory record, Safelite did in fact have the necessary part in.

I called Safelite back and told them what happened. The lady on the phone informs me that it was a mix up in the warehouse, the part is in and we can keep the appointment. It is now the day of the supposed appointment and over 2 hours after the given time frame... no call, no show! Upon calling the Safelite technician to ask why no one showed up for the appointment, we were told the part is NOT in. I called Safelite's main line AGAIN and was told the part is not in and will never be in. I am beyond floored! I have never encountered a business with no regard for their customers. It's absolutely amazing they are still in business. If you are thinking of using their services, try anyone else FIRST.

Original review: May 25, 2018

ABSOLUTELY THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! If you like being on hold for ATLEAST 1/2 hour before you get someone on the line, then to be transferred and disconnected then this is your company. If you need to send them any documents, be prepared to send them AT LEAST 2-3 times because they never seem to receive them... even when you have a confirmation fax. They don't acknowledge emails, give you phone numbers for managers who never answer their phone and MAYBE call you back 3 days later.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I was looking for a windshield for a 1993 Porsche Carrera 2 convertible, so, online I received a quote from Safelite for $491.00. I even chatted with Kit about the availability and Kit said that the windshield is available. I contacted a local office and finally, after several tries, received the manager. 3 times he said he would call me back with whether or not he could get the windshield. I got an own windshield on eBay. Still after 4 days, nothing from **.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Safelite technician never showed for the appointment at my home, which was a four hour wait. When I finally got someone to answer the phone they told me they didn't have the windshield in stock. I had made the appointment a week out and they did not bother to call to let me know that they had no intention of showing up for the appointment. They wanted me to wait more than a week for another appointment. This was for a Ford F150 which is a common windshield. I called another glass installer and he ordered the windshield and had it on hand in two hours. Safelite is too big and just doesn't really care about customer satisfaction anymore.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I set up an appointment to have my windshield replaced on my 2011 Toyota weeks in advance. Appointment was for 5/15/18 out of the Union City office in Georgia. I took off from work and waited. I had so many things to do but didn’t want to miss the appointment and I wanted to get it done before the predicted heavy rain started. At 11:46 am the tech calls me saying he will be there between 2 and 4. I said the appointment is for 8 and 1 and I took off from work for this and I have other things scheduled. The tech says ok I'll be there by 1 or a little bit after 1.

At 2:46pm, still waiting, no one showed up, no word. At this point, I am pissed so I call the office and spoke to the manager. He didn’t even seem to care. He told me that he would contact the tech and get back to me. At 4:46pm the tech calls me saying that he is on the way to my house. Horrible!!! BY THIS TIME I WAS MAD AND ALREADY CALLED ANOTHER COMPANY TO COME OUT AND FOR $100 LESS WITH THE SAME WARRANTY. I can't believe how bad this company was. I've used them before in NY and they were great. So this was a huge surprise. Shop around if you need auto glass repair.

Safelite AutoGlass Company Information

www.safelite.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business