Safelite AutoGlass

Compare Auto Service and Repair Companies

Research top Auto Service and Repair Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My insurance company Progressive referred me to Safelite. I had seen commercials and liked the idea that they would come to my work and fix my cracked windshield. We made a appt in 3 days time. Since it was raining they could not do it. So we rescheduled and again they canceled because of weather. We made three appts total. Jason even came to my car once after me waiting all day for them to come but it started misting by the end of the day and he asked if I "wanted to risk it". He explained that if it didn't seal properly it was unsafe so I said no. They called and asked if I wanted to come to Bangor one hour away and I said I could not, I needed to work but they booked me a in-shop appt anyway.

I called them at 7:30 am Monday on a sunny beautiful day and asked them to come to my work and they said they were booked up. I said I should be on top of the list since I have been canceled so many times. I explained that my son was having a driver's test the next day at 1 and they said they were too busy. I later called the company and was begging them to fix it that day. They said no. I called my insurance company asking them to call Safelite and they were also told no. When I went the next day for my son’s driver's test hoping since it was on the passenger side it would be ok but no. Like I feared they would not let my son take the test he had been nervously preparing for. He had to reapply to take it and we don’t know when that will be.

Very stressful, uncaring, unorganized people in Bangor, Maine. I still don’t understand how if you are on a list to get your windshield fixed why you do not stay on top of the list or at least a priority. They could leave a few slots open after rainy weather to get the people in who have been waiting the longest. And when a customer has a special circumstance and begs them to come they don’t care!

A landscape company broke my side window and reported to his insurance company in which they immediately responded to have the repair made at my choice. I selected Safelite because my insurance company had them replace my windshield years ago. I wish I have taken it to the BMW dealer instead because they took off the inside door panel and had a problem replacing it. It took them a while to put the panel back on. They scratched the outside door and left glass all over the next parking space. I told them I would not pay until most of the glass is removed. He stated that temper glass will not hurt anything and I stated it does to the appearance of the court. So I gave him a broom since he said the vac could not get it up. However I had to finish the cleanup.

Several hours later I went out and noticed that my auto lock on that side would lock sometime and sometime not and the airbag light indicated that there was a fault on the side they had a problem replacing the panel back on. I called Safelite and they made an appointment for me to come to the shop. When I took it a hour later a rep came and told me that I had to take it to BMW because they are not responsible for the airbag but fixed the lock. I stated, "Your tech did something to the sensors" and he stated he did not and is not responsible and would not pay for it and just walked away. I told him "I will make a complaint to everyone to include BBB." They should state before the job of any repair that such will happen and give the customer the option to take it to the dealer.

A stone hit my windshield (new SUV), created a pinhole in the outside but a dime size chip between the glass - right in front of the driver. The chip could not be felt on the inside or outside, just the tiny hole outside. My insurance company sent out Safelite the same day I made a claim. Safelite Rep. epoxied the glass and said I would still see the repair - neat! Right in front of the driver! He left and later I ran my fingernail across the glass and the glass still had an sharp edge on the hole. Obviously it will ruin my windshield wiper. Safelite said to bring the car to their shop and someone would look at it.

I complained to my insurance company (USAA is Great!) and they arranged for another company to replace my windshield. The Safelite repair still had visible cracks and isn't like they advertise on TV. If the chip had not been directly in front of the driver I would have bought a repair kit and fixed it myself, demonstrated on-line. Now I know never to use Safelite.

I had an early morning Safelite appointment to drop off my car for a windshield replacement, Safelite told me to go home as they failed to order the molding for my car. Safelite set up an appointment for the following week. This irritates me because I had to get up early in the morning, adjust my work schedule and Safelite let me down by not having ordered the part and not having warned me via a courtesy telephone call. I wrote Safelite customer service and did not receive a reply from the company. Shame on you Safelite!

My windshield got hit which created a crack. I called my insurance company to file a claim. I have full coverage, therefore windshield was covered. I contacted Safelite setting up an appointment on the morning of 4/3/17. On 4/1/17 I received an phone call from Safelite stating the tech would be running late on 4/3/17. Therefore he would not get to me until afternoon. I informed them that would not work for me since I had a afternoon appointment. Therefore we rescheduled for 4/8/17. On this date the tech informs me that they did not have the correct windshield for my car. They also stated that payment would be out of pocket for me. I then informed them that my insurance was covering it. I also seen insurance info on techs paperwork. I produced the reference number. I was told that since the reference number started with the letter L, it meant it was not covered.

I informed them that I would take it up with insurance. Since they had the incorrect windshield we had to reschedule once again for 4/15/17. On the morning of said appointment, I received a phone call stating they could not find the molding for windshield. Said I would have to reschedule once again. Three strikes and you're out. On 4/17/17 I called my insurance company to get another company to replace windshield. I informed them what first tech told me about out of pocket due to reference number started with L. Insurance company informed me that all their reference numbers start with L and that windshield was covered. Seems to me as if someone is double dipping. Having customer pay out of pocket and also insurance company paying. I did go with another company replacing windshield. I will Never recommend Safelite.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safelite AutoGlass?

I have an extended warranty through Nissan for auto glass chip repair. The company I have the extended warranty with called Blue Steel Protection hooked me up with Safelite Auto Glass repair out of Searcy Arkansas. The "tech" came to my house to repair the chip. He came and got me about 5 mins into the repair to tell me my windshield cracked during the repair. I now had along with the original chip, 3 new cracks ranging in size of 2-3 inches in my windshield. Which since that day (4/12/17) have all grown to about 10 inches in length. Today is 4/15/17. The "tech" said that Safelite would replace my windshield, and someone would contact me within the hour and that they had to find the windshield for my 2016 Nissan Frontier. No one called. I called them 4 hours later. They said they were still trying to locate a windshield and would contact me as soon as they talked to my insurance about it.

Of course the next day 4/13/17 I had to call them again. This time I was told that my extended warranty through Blue Steel only repaired chips and does not do windshield replacement. I asked the lady on the phone, "Why would you be contacting the insurance? They didn't break my windshield, your 'tech' did." I chipped it, HE broke it. Safelite broke my windshield and basically said "you have to pay for it, not our problem". BUT... they could replace it for me, at my cost of course. That's the definition of a "scam". "Oops, we tried to fix your chip and it accidentally broke. But if you pay me more money I'll replace it".

I called Blue Steel Protection and told them they were also partially responsible for the break because they called and set me up with these rip-off artist. Blue Steel also refused to help. Monday morning I have to pay to have my windshield replaced for about $300.00 for a break I had NOTHING to do with. And then once that is done, I'm headed to the county court house to file a Small Claims suit on Safelite. Wish me luck.

I chose Safelite to replace my windshield. Recommended by State Farm. The first windshield came damaged. Waited for a week. Second windshield came in. Wrong one ordered. Another week went by. Came out to install windshield. Wrong molding sent. It's now been 1 month. Still no windshield!!!! Very incompetent company. I reported them to State Farm and the order was canceled. I called another company and I will have my windshield in 3 days. DO NOT USE SAFELITE!!!!

Made the appointment to have the replacement done at my home. They never showed up, I waited for 4 hours, even after they closed. I never received a phone call or a email saying that "A problem had come up, could I please reschedule?" Nothing. Just screw me and my time. I would drive without a windshield before I would ever go to Safelite.

My windshield had been cracked for about four months. On April 07, 2017 I had a appointment to have the windshield replaced. The tech called me and came out, replaced the windshield. I can't say anything bad about them. I feel they did a excellent job. My windshield makes my vehicle look like when I purchase the vehicle back in February of 2016. They did a very good job. They replaced my wipers due to the fact the windshield was new that had to be done. I have no complaints yet. The techs vacuum up all of the waste they cleaned up the area well.

Do not ever get your windshield replaced by Safelite. I had mine replaced and it cracked. I had a guy from there come on Friday and he examined it said it's a stress crack and covered by warranty. But it was looking like rain and he couldn't replace it that day so rescheduled for Tuesday. A different guy came on Tuesday and proceeded to poke the crack with a sharp instrument that made a chip and then says, "It's a rock impact," and I would have to pay for replacement. I said, "No, I was already told it's under warranty. I'm not paying." He said he would have the other guy that had already told me it was under warranty replace it then.

2 hours later I get a call from yet a different guy that says he will come and look at it and decide if it is covered. But since dumbass #2 made a chip in it, it's not going to be covered. I called the office and told them all this. She talks to a manager and says they WILL cover it because they had told me they would and will be out in 2 hours. 1 hour later I get another call from someone else saying now they won't cover it. How is that for getting the runaround from an extremely shoddy company??

Took my 09 Honda Civic in to Safelite via State Farm's recommendation for a replaced windshield due to a chip that began spreading into a good size crack. Service was normal, took a bit longer than expected and everything seemed great at first. They even washed our windows and vacuumed the front free of charge! It wasn't until I was back at home that I noticed the damages. There are numerous places where the rubber is not tight against the windshield and we're worried come the first rainstorm if it is actually properly sealed at all. As if that weren't enough, the entire panel on the driver's side connecting the bumper to the door is dented in making the door frame rub against the panel (with such a pleasant grinding metal sound which also is beginning to chip the paint) each time it is opened and closed.

I'm afraid I traded a windshield crack for a grinding metal door and leaky windshield, but hey, at least my windows are clean! We are currently attempting to resolve this issue with Safelite and will update this review with the outcome. Regardless of if they fix this or not, it should never have happened in the first place. As an auto glass repair shop you would think they know how to repair and replace glass in autos... While not damaging the auto in the process.

I had a chip in my windshield and Safelite handled my problem like champs. The guys came to my work from the 3 Faraday B, Irvine, CA 92618 location and had me fixed up in no time at all. You can shop around for a better price but these guys are professionals and know how to treat customers.

I had a horrendous experience with the Irvine Safelite. Not only did they dent my new 2016 Mercedes, but it took a week longer than it should have because the windows needed to be OEM. When I called the toll free number I was told the parts had been ordered but the truth was they hadn't. And that was only the beginning... once the windows were installed the operable front window needed to be returned to the shop, wind could be heard and it required an adjustment. When the Irvine shop took my door apart they dented it. I had to rent another car for 5 additional days while my car was in the shop for body work. The store is impossible to reach directly and I spent many hours on hold and talking with executive services working out the details. They paid for the rental and damages but it took too much of my time and they could have cared less. I finally got a resolution but will not EVER recommend Safelite.

I had a small crack in my windshield that extended well over 12 inches during some extremely cold weather. I contacted my insurance company who advised me they worked through Safelite. I was hesitant but they came out to me compared to me going to the dealers body shop and having them do the work (if only I had known they would be the ones to do it correctly). The Safelite guy arrived and was nice and eager to get the work done. He assured me it wouldn't be long and he would clean up afterwards leaving no trace of trash. On the cleanup Safelite receives a 10 but that's where it ends.

When the work was complete and the worker was gone, I noticed that the molding was loose and not tight against the body of the car (frame around the window). I was concerned and called Safelite back explaining my concerns. They sent the repairman back out, it was three days later as I called them the second day after the work, good timing. When he got there I pointed out the flimsy rubber molding they replaced for the solid and tight seal that came from the manufacturer. He said not to worry that the glue would eventually dry and it would settle (still drying three days later, really?). I pointed out that had been three days and if the product was not molded yet it was faulty.

I elaborated by explaining if the glue wasn't dry, driving and rain or other inclement weather could shift the molding causing future sealing issues. He looked at me confused and stated "well it's aftermarket parts, we don't have the ability to replace the molding with OEM parts so therefore the work can be imperfect." So of course I said "are you stating Safelite does substandard or other than perfect" work. He then states, ready for it "I don't speak on behalf of Safelite." I said "I would argue that point since you're wearing their shirt and driving their van and receiving a paycheck with the Safelite name on it. He kind of just looked at me, paused for a bit and asked me if I wanted another "other than perfect" rubber molding installation. I kindly declined. I asked what happens when water starts coming through and rotting the metal and causing leaks. He stated Safelite gives a lifetime warranty.

I called Safelite and they assured me there was also a lifetime warranty and that any damage from faulty work or parts were also covered. Well after some time, I've found water gets under the drivers side rug. It's been getting much worse to the point that there's a mildew type smell when it rains or I go through a car wash. For the longest time I was unable to find the issue. After some research, I've found numerous other owners of my similar vehicle that have had their windshields replaced by substandard work practices have found the workers that have replaced their windshields are to blame. There is a common issue that's missed by inexperienced workers and those that don't pay attention to detail.

To end it, Safelite said I must prove that the leak from my windshield must be linked to Safelite's work. Well, it's your molding, your product, your work and no one else has touched it. I had my windshield replaced through my insurance as it's an item that's covered at no cost to me so it's recorded. Look at the reviews on this site. They have about 1 star, we can't all be wrong. Go to the dealer, I wish I had.

The quote online was 298 dollars. Then when I get to the shop the owner says 430 dollars. No explanation and they virtually have a monopoly in town. Had the same windshield replaced on the same car 18 months ago. 310 dollars then. Be very careful.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Although my initial response was not good, the Manager & General Manager at Safelite, northeast San Antonio did whatever they needed to resolve the issues I had. They replaced the windshield again and offered carpet replacement due to water leaks after the first install. They even had me take my vehicle to the dealer for assessment/evaluation on Safelite's nickel.

Harry of San Antonio, TX on

Original Review

My Wife just had our windshield replaced at Safelite AutoGlass at 11105 Landmark 35 Dr., in San Antonio, TX 78233. When I came home to observe the job, I was completely shocked at the poor overall quality in the 'final' condition of the install. The NEW windshield had several dime size divots in it and the technicians absolutely mutilated the rubber gaskets and left the edge of the glass exposed. There is no way this windshield will be 'waterproof'. I could not have anticipated a worse job! My youngest child could have done much better! I work for the Texas Department of Transportation and you can be certain I will be voicing this experience to as many as possible.

2002 Mercedes Benz SLK230 windshield replacement. After the window of time install, there was a laminate crack that was 1 inch. I asked if this was normal... Told it wasn't, but couldn't do anything until the glue set... 1.5 weeks. Was told a manager would call me. Still waiting. After one week and a now "foggy crack" in the windshield, I have to chase down the local manager and waste another afternoon + of my time. NOT RECOMMENDED. How many times do you want your windshield repaired before it is right? Look very carefully at your installation.

Highly unprofessional! Highly disrespectful! They don't keep their appointment time and don't acknowledge you at all. They call at a ridiculously early hour of the morning to confirm your appointment instead of confirming a day ahead of time. And if you show up early, well, let's just say it's your fault that the manager talks to you in a condescending tone because they are backed up. And although you have an appointment, they will basically take walk ins at your appointment time and keep you waiting and if you ask what's going on, they just tell you to reschedule and they make you feel as if you are unimportant. They will speak to you as if you are an irritation! How unprofessional! How pathetic! Stay away! This happened in the Lakeland branch.

I'm not sure who is writing the reviews on Safelite's actual website, but they are most definitely not "real" customers. All other websites, Yelp, BBB etc have honest and true reviews. This is one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. If I could give zero stars I would. I only chose them based on my insurance co's (shame of you Geico) recommendation. Appointment was booked for between 12 and 5 pm. "Victor" showed up at 5:30 obviously in the dark. After putzing around for a bit we were informed the new glass had a crack in it and he would have to come back the next day. I contacted Safelite at A.M. the next morning. 3 different reps gave me 3 different "stories" but the bottom line was that no one had any record of what transpired the previous day. After sitting on hold for close to 25 minutes, the call center finally got me thru to the shop, who also had no record of this.

I explained what had happened. Was placed on hold and then when the rep came back on the phone, he miraculously was aware of the situation. I was then told they had to order (aren't they a glass replacement company??) and it would not be in until "TONIGHT". I don't think so. I am not losing another day. Get someone there today! They relented and gave me an appointment. I advised it had to be bet 3 and 5 as I had to take my grandson to the doctor. I was told no because 5 is the last appointment because it dark. Really. Are they kidding. You came at 5:30 the day before. They gave me the appointment. I went to take my grandson to the doctor and my battery was dead, because the idiot from the day before left my interior lights on. PLEASE PLEASE DON’T USE SAFELITE EVER!!! DON'T READ THE REVIEWS ON THEIR SITE. THEY ARE ALL LIES.

On 05 DEC 2016 Safelite came to my residence and replaced the window in my 2007 Toyota Tacoma. They were recommended by my insurance company. I do not drive my truck that often, and on 19 DEC 2016, my wife I were on our way to Yosemite and it was sprinkling. We noticed water pouring down the inside of the window. Reach up into my headliner and there were puddles of water. I pulled off the side of the road and gave Safelite a call. On 20 DEC 2016, a different technician from Safelite came and resealed the window. I have not driven my truck since then. Today, 11 JAN 2017, I get in my truck to run to Lowe's and it stinks really bad. My wife and notice the carpet is soaked and then I find mold growing on the carpet. I will take in somewhere else to have the Window reset.

I called Safelite to replace a windshield for my Toyota FJ Cruiser because my company employee website says they offer us a discount. Safelite assured me I was getting a great deal because of my employment and was told I will very happy with the price. Something about the way the Safelite employee was talking made me wonder. I had my brother in law call a few days later and ask what it would cost to get a replacement for the exact same vehicle. He was quoted the same price I was. When he asked why it was so high, Safelite deducted $60 because he was a first time customer! I called Safelite to ask about my appointment and ask them if I was getting this great price because of my company. When "AJ" at Safelite told me yes, I asked her to compare the charges on my "discounted" work order to that of my brother in law's. There was silence then she offered a host of possible scenarios as to why.

I told her I was there when he called, he was quoted the same exact rate as me, after he asked why the cost was so high, they took $60 off. She asked if she could call me back. She did and made my new adjusted price, $1 less than my brother in law's. I asked if that price included all labor and parts, which is supposed to be included as everything needs to be replaced. It did. She went on to tell me I should contact my company to discuss the rates they offer. I have no idea how that would work. My company doesn't offer any copay and has zero control over what an employee pays to repair or service his personal vehicle. It makes no sense. The fact is that the cost is determined by Safelite and Safelite alone. They didn't expect me to shop them and swallowed the "Wow, I love this great discounted company rate Safelite gives me" hook, line, and sinker.

Funny they didn't suggest I contact my company HR to thank them. They didn't get concerned until I asked how a person without an employee discount gets a better rate than a person with one. When Safelite saw both orders for the same car in the same city they realized they looked bad. The fact is Safelite didn't give anything to me because of my company discount, so if you're expecting one shop them. DO NOT MENTION ANY TYPE OF DISCOUNT OR COUPONS UNTIL SAFELITE QUOTES YOU A PRICE. Then insist on that first time $60 discount too.

If they didn't come to my office to perform the work, I would have chosen another business. I do not like being lied to and when asked where exactly is my employee discount, I was told to call my employer? Well I will place this story on our company website. When dealing with Safelite for the replacement of any vehicle windows, buyer beware! The Safelite employees quoting prices are less than truthful, if not out and out liars.

Didn't like the damage to the dash of my truck. After the technician said he vacuumed the dash, still shards of glass and rubber. Then I find a big scratch to the dash. Every now and again, I hear a "crack" sound coming from windshield. Used to have a quiet vehicle. Not anymore. NEVER again.

Safelite canceled at least 5 appointments in a two week period. I was on a time schedule due to the need to return my car. Twice the glass was cracked upon arrival, once the glass broke as the "driver stopped short when cut off by a taxi," and other reasons. I explained to them my need for the glass to be done and as none of the issues for the rescheduling were my own, requested that I be made the first available appointment, which was agreed upon. Today I received a call from the glass installer that they overbooked and they could only come to me between 5 pm and 6 pm; however, if it's dark out they will need to reschedule. I explained my situation and the previous conversations, but they were unwilling to accommodate even after all of their cancellations. I will NEVER use Safelite services.

I just have to say what a sorry company you are! I am thoroughly disgusted by how you would treat a customer! Your "technician" comes out to my sister's house, shatters her windshield, while removing it, on HER ONLY VEHICLE leaves the glass shards everywhere and then refuses to install the new windshield?! There are 3 small children in her home and he leaves all of the glass laying around with total disregard for their safety?! He saw there was a problem before he started, but still continued to remove the glass without speaking to them about the issue first. Please explain to me how this is not your company's fault? How is it that a couple struggling to pay their bills and take care of their family is now responsible to pay for a mistake the YOUR EMPLOYEE MADE???

Now they will lose a week of income because they are unable to drive their ONLY vehicle to work. Your employee was responsible for the end result, because of his negligence. Yet you are still refusing to accept responsibility for the damages your employee has caused not only to their vehicle, but also to their livelihood! Your company needs to own up to its mistake and pay to correct this issue! I will be contacting a lawyer to discuss this, and see what repercussions you could face if we have to take this to court. I will also continue to place the reviews everywhere I can so other can see how you treat people!!!

Called Safelite to have the windshield on my wife truck replace and I went to Safelite. My mistake. They took my information and told me that my insurance company need my mileage. I told the rep Andrew that I didn't have the mileage. He stated that was no problem and that when the tech got to the car he would grab it. Not 10 min later I get a call from Lauren from Safelite and she stated that she has to denied the claim because of no mileage. I told her that the tech would grab it when they replace the windshield. She said that the tech can't do it that way and that they need the mileage. Told her that I couldn't get the mileage today - will have it tomorrow. She said that when we get the mileage she will submit the claim again.

I call my insurance company. Talk to glass claims and they stated that they don't request the mileage from the glass company so I call Safelite back and talk to David and he stated that they do need the mileage and that they won't submit the paper work without it. I try to explain to him that they didn't need it. David then stated that if I want I can cancel it. Told David that he was rude and that "I want to cancel it because you are rude and won't listen." Stay away from this company. They are scammers.

I had the windshield removed and removed all the old rubber adhesive sanded, primered, and then painted the surface with arctic white ppg concept paint which is very expensive. Waited 4 days to cure before I had the windshield installed by David from Safelite. David put black primer on the new paint outside the windshield which looks like crap. In five minutes this guy trashed all the work I had done for a week.

The molding style is not the original style, the windshield is crooked and so is the molding, black adhesive applied really thick so it shows on the inside really thick and sloppy. David had a helper Jake. Together they slapped the windshield in as fast and crooked as possible. When I told them about the black primer outside the grooves, they gave me funny looks. They even started to scrub it off after cured already until I told them to stop scuffing the paint all off. I really believe all this crap was intentionally done for some reason to me. There is no way these two geniuses could be this incompetent! Thanks Safelite. You're the worst people!

As I have Allstate insurance I was force to use Safelite for my chip on windshield - less than half inch. They come fixed and said lifetime warranty is applied for work. Ok nice pretty clean job besides a few scratches tech did on the driver side. After a week noticed 1.5 inch crack expanding from the fixed area. Well, called Safelite they said they return money to insurance, and offered aftermarket windshield. Refused and asked for OEM. Safelite called after two days saying Allstate refused to install OEM windshield on 2014 vehicle.

Well, called agent and agent said Allstate approved the OEM windshield. Scheduled appointment for replacement and they brought after market. Refused to install and now waiting for final decision. If it will be denied I will refuse to install, pay on my own for OEM and thank you Allstate for having home and two cars with them. I can feel its dirty game from both sides but which one is worst. I can tell you in a couple days. Thank you and be aware of situation like this one.

DO NOT USE SAFELITE!!! SAVE YOURSELF FROM MY UNFORTUNATE EXPERIENCE!!! I had my windshield replaced on 9/6/16 by Safelite out of Chester NY, the technician Robert cut through the wires that go to the headlight and rain sensor that was mounted on the windshield! He RAN AWAY in a hurry saying he had many other appointments?

When I left work and started the car a message was on the dash saying auto headlights inoperative? I then took it to my mechanic who discovered the damage and took pictures, the technician tried to tape it up so there's no question he didn't know what he did. My mechanic made a temporary repair and said the wire harness needs to be replaced.

The next day I contacted the store manager (Jared **) who said his techs don't use that color tape??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Then he went on to say that because a third party was involved he wasn't responsible? Oh did I forget to mention the windshield was installed off center! WOW!!! Now I have to go to Mercedes and get a new wire harness$$$. I am so tired of paying for other peoples mistakes... DO NOT USE SAFELITE!!! SAVE YOURSELF FROM MY UNFORTUNATE EXPERIENCE!!!

Stay away from this repair shop. I would have give this shop Zero star if that was an option. My insurance set up the repair appointment with this shop; unfortunately, the job was not done correctly. My windshield had a chip, but after the repair was done the damage area had gotten larger. Also, during the repair process, the technician asked me about if he should fill this chip by hand or machine. I told him he is the professional, and he should make the decision. Of course, I should have seen that is a huge red flag and stopped him to move forward with the repair. Sadly, I did not really think twice, until the work was done... the chipped area has become much more noticeable and larger.

I contacted the customer service, and requested an operation manager to come out and check on the work. After checking the work, the operation manager concluded that the chip was not filled complete, and it might need to work or the windshield will need to be replace. However, he refused to take the ownership or responsibility of this poor quality. He insisted that since I have assigned the waiver to OK them to work on my car, they are not responsible for any damages during the process.

Furthermore, Safelite's executive service team told me since my windshield's already broken prior to the repair, I cannot hold them responsible for a broken windshield even though there was further damage due to their repair. Now I have to bear all the cost of replacing a windshield out of pocket, and this company is continuing providing poor work to people. Neither the shop nor the company is taking up ownership to fix this problem. I high suggest to look elsewhere when it comes to fix or replace car window.

I have seen Safelite's workmanship deteriorate over the last five years. Long ago a wiser older man came fix my chip in my windshield, then a younger inexperienced worker do a half hearted job then just today, on my new truck they came to do a chip fix and Safelite cracked my windshield to the point that it needs to be replaced. They wouldn't assume responsibility and I had to fight tooth and nail to get them to cover my deductible. I find it ethically wrong to send out techs who are careless and crack windshields and then have the owner of the vehicle pay for their errors.

I called my Toyota dealership and they exclusively partner with Bryan's mobile glass. I called Bryan's and told him what happened and he offered to do the windshield and repair. He even was knowledgeable that my windshield may be heated and would need wiring and planned on bringing both windshield types in case. He also replaces all the rubber molding and ensures to factory standards. Do your homework and use the company your dealership uses. Don't go with Safelite unless you want problems.

Safelite AutoGlass Company Profile