3.6/5 (239 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Safelite AutoGlass Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safelite AutoGlass?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safelite AutoGlass?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

They were amazing and super quick. I was able to get my car fixed right at my house. The price was so low. I have recommended them to everyone that I know. Super convenient when you need them. Their customer service is impeccable.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

Our windshield was broke .. Our ins carrier Hartford recommended Safelite. The experience was awesome. The appt done on line very easy and Safelite responded immediately, no waits. They were so courteous and knowledgeable. Great customer service is hard to come by but Safelite is A+.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

They were very accommodating to schedule. Communication the whole way… They showed up exactly when they said and where they said and he left my windshield like nothing ever happened. Loved the service but above else the communication. Most places you hear radio silence until the work is done. They were very attentive and genuinely seemed interested in my satisfaction.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

The company is great. They go above and beyond. Help you out to get windshield out in your car. They do good job. No leak after put in. They lot better than dealership to help you out when you need to come out. Fast service.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I have a new Ram truck that got a chip in the front window right after I bought it. I took it to Safelite located at 26175 Jefferson Ave, Murrieta, CA on March 18, 2022 and after talking to the Rep. I decided to get the chip filled instead of a window replacement.

I was told if I didn’t like the results they would apply what I paid ($123.83) for the chip repair toward the cost of a new window if I was buying it or to the copay if I was going through my insurance. Needless to say I didn’t like the results so I called my insurance company and opened a case to replace my window with factory glass. On April 9th, 2022, I went down to the same Safelite office I mentioned above to get my window replaced.

When I got there I thought I would just have to pay the difference from my $250 insurance co-pay and the $123.83 that I already paid. But they told me I had to pay my full insurance co-pay ($250) so there would be no issue with the insurance company complaining as to why I didn’t pay the full co-pay and then I would get $123.83 refunded back to me. Will I waited for weeks and never got any refund. So I called Safelite to ask why I haven’t received my refund yet.

Let me say, trying to get through Safelite’s automated phone system to speak to a person is ridiculous. When I finally got through to a person, I was told they don’t do that and I will not be getting a refund.

Will, I wasn’t happy and told her that “Safelite just ripped me off then and it seemed like they scammed me like a shady sales company would do to get an extra $123.83 out of me.”

I would have never agreed to get the chip repaired with my new truck had I known this would have happened. I had it less than a month and would have just gotten the window replaced from the beginning.

The person I talked to on the phone was flippant with me and said she would have the site Manager where I had the repair done call me and I never received nothing.

I’ve used Safelite many times over the years and even when my insurance company ask me to use another company I told them I wanted Safelite but now, how could I ever recommend or use Safelite again? They just ripped me off! We all see the Safelite commercials and to be honest if they can rip me off they can rip you off as well. Beware!!!

Original review: April 30, 2022

If you have this branch replacing your window, BEWARE!!! They were scheduled to do a rear glass replacement at my home. Before the appointment, I vacuumed all excess glass from the rear door area. My rear door was fully functional. I then left the van parked for the remainder of the week (4 days) only duct taping plastic over the damaged rear window. My wife was home when the technician arrived. After working on the replacement for an hour, the technician tells my wife that the rear door will not open/close. He tells her that he has to take it to the shop (15 min. drive w/traffic) across town. 3.5hrs later, my wife texts me at work telling me that the technician still has not brought the van back. She then calls the technician asking where is he with the van. He responded that he'll bring the van back. A total of 4hrs had passed that the van was taken from our home.

Upon returning the van, the technician told my wife that the door was STILL unfunctional, gave her a receipt and left. When I got home from work (10min after the tech left), she tried to explain what the tech explained. The next day (on a Sat.), I went to the location to question the details, but nobody was there that knew the details. Went back there on Mon (after work) and spoke with the Assist. Mngr. He explained that the "story" that they are sticking to and he ended it by saying, "There's nothing we can do about it. It's mechanical. We only replace windows." He suggested I take it to the dealership to get the door fixed. The first incident of them denying responsibility for damaging my rear door. Now at this time, there was no paperwork or report detailing anything that was being said that documented what happened with my van.

After going to the dealership (and an additional $160 later), the dealership diagnosed the door issue (in 30min) and showed me that the door will not function because it was misaligned. They gave me documentation of the diagnosed findings. I returned to the Cherry Hill location, with the documentation, explained what was discovered. I was told that the manager would give me a call on Mon. I received no call on Mon. I called Tues-Thurs with the same result; automated voice service that leads to an ended call never speaking to any person.

The following Tues, I appeared back at the location and reluctantly spoke to the same Assist. Mngr. that I had spoken to before. Now that I have proven this responsibility falls on them, he asked me what am I looking forward to resolve this. I said that I want my door fixed and reimbursement of the $160 spent for the dealership diagnosis. This begins 2nd incident of them denying responsibility. He continuously attempts apologizing but still "sticking to the story" and tells me that he will have the manager call me. When the manager called, I explained to him all of the facts:

1. The door was functioning perfect before the tech arrived for the appointment.
    2. The tech worked on the window replacement, for an hour, at my home claiming the door was not functioning after the window was replaced.
    3. The tech took my van from my home, to the shop for 4hrs, returning the van STILL with the door not functioning. Presenting my wife with only a receipt of payment.

4. Following the advice of Safelite, I took the van to the dealership and the dealership was able to determine the door is misaligned and provided documentation of their findings.

I then asked the manager where is the documentation of his tech's findings. The manager admitted that there is none, but began "back-peddling" by saying, "The receipt is documentation." From this point on, the manager refused to admit responsibility. I then demanded that he present every document that the office has on file in reference to the service of my van ready for me to pickup after I get out of work. All that was provided, was a computer version of the receipt of payment. No report or documentation, of any kind, has been presented as evidence that there was no fault on their behalf.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Had windshield replaced in 2021. This was in shop work. Scheduled 2 to 3 hours. Dropped off at scheduled AM time. Went back at closing time not ready. 2022 chip - canceled my appointment afternoon appoinment.

Original review: April 8, 2022

Was scheduled for Safelite to come to my home to replace windshield. They called day of canceled, rescheduled for me to come to them so I went to my appointment and they said, "Don't have your down and don't have your windshield." I filed complaint that I believe they should compensate me for wasting my time 2 different days and gas for 1hr total Drive I had to do for nothing, they told me Thomas will be calling me within 24/48 hrs, been over week nothing been on this. For almost month now they say they care and pride what they do but they don't. Something needs to be done because like they just tossing it side.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Just one month after replacing a 20 year old windshield, the new one just cracked. The car has no chip damage. This must have been an inferior glass or defective. I never read their warranty because I trusted the Miele work. Now I know better. Should have had it done at Toyota

Original review: April 4, 2022

I've heard all kinds of horror stories about this company. I'm finding out firsthand that they are true. I bought a 2019 Toyota with a replacement safelight windshield. It's now leaking and has filled car up with water. If you buy a pre owned car have a certified mechanic check the windshield. If it's an aftermarket safelight windshield don't buy the car. The warranty is not transferable. The windshield has less that 25k miles on it. Now I'm stuck with a huge repair bill. BEWARE!! Terrible company. Read and believe the bad reviews.

Safelite AutoGlass Company Information