Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.45/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

439 Safelite AutoGlass Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I needed my back car window replaced. I called Safelite on a Sunday, and they had me scheduled for two days later. I live in a rural area, but they came to my house at the time they promised, and Randy did an awesome job replacing the glass. They worked with my insurance. Very friendly too. They’ve made a customer for life.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

After reading many of the comments on this board, I was seriously concerned with having this company do my windshield replacement. My car has a lot of electronic stuff that is controlled by the material in the windshield. I was afraid some of this would no longer work after the replacement. My insurance company uses Safelite and I told them my concerns and they assured me that if there were any problems they would take care of it. Anyway, everything was done quickly and efficiently and everything works! The experience was excellent for us.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Just had great experience having our 2016 Jeep Wranglers windshield replaced at my home in Houston. The technician's name is Anthony. He contacted me to say he could arrive much earlier than expected (huge plus because had 5 hr window which I hate)... Not only did he arrive within exact time he stated, but my jeep was rather dirty since it’s been raining so much in Houston and he took ample time properly wiping all the windows... which had me stunned seeing this?!

Nowadays (especially young staff) technicians rush thru jobs doing it very half-assed! Anthony took his time paying attention to details and afterwards explained exactly what he’d done, plus reviewed the warranty in layman terms. I’d say including fair pricing, I couldn’t imagine receiving better service with a genuine attractive smile than I received earlier today... Thanks again to my technician. As in the field you guys are who we customers see as THE COMPANY>> irregardless how big or small the vendors may be...

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Rachael out of Baton Rouge, LA was very nice and did a great job on fixing our chip on our windshield. Only took 20 mins. I would come Back to Safelite for our future repairs on our windshield and approved our insurance. They worked very nice together!!

Original review: June 14, 2018

I had to have my windshield replaced 2 weeks ago. The tech showed up on time, was a very nice gentleman and got the job done quickly. He did damage the paint on my hood & once I contacted the home office for this company concerning the damage I was treated like gold. The actual VP of this company called me at 9:30 PM on Saturday night and promised I would be taken care of. The next day on Sunday, the local rep for the company (Michael) called me and promised me I would be taken care of and that someone would contact me within a few days. 2 days later the home office in Ohio contacted me and stated that they would either get the work done for me or cut a check & I could get it done myself. They sent me a settlement check which was very fair and I have an appointment scheduled for next week to take care of it. What a FANTASTIC company to deal with! Everyone involved treated me fair and were very nice people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safelite AutoGlass?

Original review: May 24, 2019

0 Stars. We scheduled a windshield replacement; the soonest available appointment was about 2 weeks out. I called twice on two different days to ensure we would be receiving the correct windshield for our vehicle. The day of the appointment we waited for the tech; received a call late that morning that the technician would not be able to make it. We were given the option to either reschedule (again several weeks out) or take the vehicle in to our local shop and were told it should only take about 2 hours. 4 hours later we still had not received a call; we had to call the office and were told the vehicle was done and ready to pick up. Then we received another call from the tech at the office stating they had just looked at the vehicle and would not be able to replace the windshield, as they did not have the correct part in stock. 4 hours for them to barely look at the vehicle, no courtesy call, nothing. Terrible service and overall experience.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Made an appointment to get the Cracked Windshield replaced on my F-150. Received 2 emails from them confirming the date and time, between 8am and 12noon. By11:55 am no one shows up. After 45 minutes of listening to their sales BS I was finally able to reach someone to talk to. At first They could not find my reference number then it got cancelled for some reason. All this took place 12 hours after I got the last email confirming the appointment.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I scheduled Safelite to replace a cracked windshield on my 1991 Ford Ranger. The installer did not mention that he may not be able to replace it because of unseen rust behind the frame. He took out the old windshield and then he and his supervisor refused to put in a windshield and told me I would have to get a body shop to do it. I had to take it to someone else to install the windshield.

Original review: May 23, 2019

This is one of the worst firms in the auto industry, which is saying a lot. They replacing my car windshield, on 11/09/17, but when removing the tape, tore a strip of the car's paint off. The technician, "Norman" was nice, took photos and said that they'd pay for the damage, and to call anytime even outside the warranty period because he had already reported it. I felt in no rush to call them and I was extremely busy at the time.

However, when I got around to calling them, they never called back, they always said the person I needed wasn't available, they wouldn't take a message, etc... After trying to get a resolution for over 6 months, I'm finally giving up and just leaving the review that they deserve, so that everyone will know to stay clear of them. This is absolutely NOT a company I'd hire again.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I used to love Safelite, but they have lost their way. Had my 4th appointment cancelled by them this past weekend. Of course no one bothered to call or tell me it had been cancelled. They waited until I showed up at the store to tell me they had cancelled my appointment and would not be working on my vehicle because they would not do work on a vehicle they had not initially installed the windshield on. Funny thing is the only reason anyone else installed it to start with is because they cancelled my first 3 appointments to have them install the windshield to start with. They had no problem making the appointment when I told them exactly what I needed and they said it would be no problem.

A few years back I would have recommended them to anyone and everyone as I was very happy with the service I previously received. However at this point they seem to be going out of their way to turn customers away. On the plus side there is another glass shop close by which was much cheaper, had the same warranties and seemed glad to have my businesses (I am sure you can find it on Google).

Original review: May 14, 2019

This place kept my car all day. When I went to pick it up it was still not finished. The is closed a 5 pm. They finally gave my car back at 5:45 pm and it was still not fixed. I have to go to the dealership so they can finish the job. Crappy; unprofessional.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I had my windshield replaced in a Ram Promaster. After a couple months of winter was driving and all the oil ran out of the engine. Did not think much of it until I fixed the oil leak and found water. It landed on top of the engine cavity and froze and boiled all winter. How does water get there you ask. Well while fixing the leak it rained and all the water came around the plastic underneath the windshield. I found the bolts were installed incorrectly. After getting everything back together the engine is now rapping.

I spoke with 3 different people at Safelite. They said, "Not our fault. This happens to that van all the time." One even said the sealer for the plastic is a tool they do not have. How do you do your job without the tools! The technician they sent said he never seen this problem on my type of van just the Fords. He put windshield sealant on it that still didn’t work. They will not fix the leak or replace my engine. Warranty I don’t this so it’s a joke. I will never use them again. PS I checked my car and the didn’t put it together right either. I guess they can’t do anything right.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Booked online to have them replace the rear window in my truck. They gave a time frame to be there between 8-12 but if you pay $15 more you can be the first one for the day. However, they do not tell you that they may not show up until 10! They acknowledged that they can't be there at 8 because their techs start at 8 and still have to go to the warehouse to pick up the glass, so an 8 start time is not possible. So what is the point of being first if they aren't going to be there around 8 given their 8-12 time frame shown online when you book the appointment? I scheduled the appointment on Tues for Friday morning, so they had plenty of time. I called and talked to them and they just don't get it, so I had to cancel after waiting over an hour for them to show up. Hopefully I will get all my money back. Got a quote from Diamond Glass for $220 compared to $300 from Safelite. Hope to never deal with Safelite again!

Original review: May 10, 2019

I have now been waiting for a week for a Safelite office to replace a passenger side mirror on my car. On Monday, April 29, I noticed the passenger side mirror on my car was cracked. I called Safelite, gave them all the information they requested, and made an appointment for Friday, May 3 to have the cracked mirror replaced. Though cracked, the mirror was still functional, and the car could be driven safely.

On Friday, May 3, I arrived at the Safelite office, they removed the mirror, and discovered they had ordered the wrong part. They rescheduled me for Saturday, May 4. This was inconvenient, but only for a short time. Please note, the mirror was removed, so the car could only be driven short distances. On Saturday, May 4, I showed up and, once again they had received the wrong part. They were not helpful about rescheduling and told me they'd get back to me when they could. Now, I'm getting unhappy, because I can see this mistake happening once, but twice is just grossly negligent.

My car, of course, was not really driveable over the weekend. I spent much of Monday, May 6, trying to find out if they were doing anything to address the situation. Finally, we had an appointment for Wednesday, May 8. May 8 came and, shortly before I left, they told me that the mirror had not arrived. And, they had no idea of when it would.

Later that day, I was told a part's specialist was following up. On May 9, I was told it had been ordered form a dealership -- a simple expedient that could have been done much earlier, but was not. As of today, May 10, I still have no appointment scheduled. I have never experienced such shoddy customer service. I would urge everyone to avoid Safelite if at all possible.

Original review: May 9, 2019

Never again will I go there. I had my windshield repaired yesterday, and this morning there was a new crack on the windshield. There was clearly no new damage to car/windshield, but they would not even look at it... Just flat out said it is not their responsibility. I called their customer service department and spoke with someone named Arial; she could not have been more obnoxious. Their world class warranty is basically null, and void as soon as you drive out of their shop. I will never go there again.

Original review: May 8, 2019

A horrible experience!!! I saved names, numbers, texts, and emails as a proof. I called and made app. On the day of appointment I received a call of cancellation. The representative made me another app. The next day I received a text stating that my app was cancelled. I called and rebooked and received a confirmation text and email. The next morning received/text/email of cancellation. Later in the day received an email stating that someone was on the way after all - no one ever came. In the end I went with another company.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I had a crack (longer than a foot) at the bottom of my windshield. Geico referred me to get it replaced by Safelite. The guy came between the time he said he would. He was friendly and it was great until 2 days later. My rear view mirror fell off. (I did exactly what he said to do about waiting and not driving my car). I would’ve fixed it myself, but I couldn’t take apart the button to properly glue it back without it falling off. So when I was at work, my mom called for me. They sent me to a place that doesn’t exists!!! We don’t have them locally, but my mom was told that they had a shop close by. I wasted my time walking and driving in circles in a different town for a place that isn’t there. After that, I called, complained etc. She apologized for whoever told my mom about the shop, she said she’ll get the man who installed my window to come and fix it.

The guy was on the line and told me that he’ll be in my area and that I would have to DRIVE to HIM to fix my mirror at another client's home! I was desperate, but upset about it. He said he’ll call, AND NEVER DOES. I then call the company AGAIN, explaining how upset I was and how unprofessional everything is. He apologizes and makes an appointment yesterday around 1-5. I knew that I may or may not be home (because of school) so I had my brother wait. They said they would inform me if they were close. So, I got home around 12 pm. And left to a class at 3:30. Between those times, there was no call or guy at my door. Turns out when I get home, HE NEVER SHOWED UP OR CALLED. You have to do a lot to piss me off, and they really did it. I am so upset. I will be calling them today to actually ask them to remove the windshield. I WILL NOT do business with them, idc. Maybe they’ll show up this time.

Original review: May 4, 2019

My insurance had set me up an appointment to repair my car windshield for Friday 05/03/2019 from 1PM to 5PM. They stated a TEXT message would be sent to me, to let me know when they would be arriving. (I have a toddler who still naps and likes to sleep in so I prefer text). I received a phone call at 8AM and voicemail, which I did NOT pick up since I had a sleeping toddler with me. I parked my car in my front driveway from the hours of 1PM to 5 PM, to make sure they would see the car. I also sat in front of living room window during these areas to make sure I would not miss the technician vehicle.

At 5:01PM I still had NOT received any TEXT from Safelite or seen a Safelite vehicle and called customer service, who stated they could not get a hold of the technician to tell me how much longer I would have to wait and that he would call or text me back. At 5:13PM I received a voicemail, stating that a technician had come by to the house-knocked on the door, did not see my vehicle or anyone, waited 20 minutes and moved on, and that I had to call back within 10 minutes to reschedule. I'm sorry, but a Honda CRV parked in the middle of a driveway is really hard not to see- but maybe if you TEXTED me I would have told you that you possibly were at the wrong house.

I called back at around 5:30PM, but was only given the automated message that I needed to call back during working hours. So I rescheduled my appointment ONLINE for Saturday, 05/04/2019 from 1PM to 5PM. At 11:30AM this Saturday morning, my appointment has now been rescheduled AGAIN to Wednesday, 05/08/2019 between 1PM and 5PM, by Safelite stating that they did not have the part needed to service my car. SO why offer the online appointments or the text service if neither one works???

Original review: May 3, 2019

Safelite is a vendor for USAA - when putting in a claim I was referred to Safelite. They gave me a 5 hour block for their tech to come and replace my windshield. I took the day off, kept the gate open and the dogs in. They never showed and never called. When I called to complain, asking them to now schedule me for an exact time because I had already wasted an entire day, they told me that they would only give me another 5 hour block. I told them that I had already lost an entire day and couldn't/wouldn't do that again, however they said that that didn't matter, they would only schedule me for another 5 hour block.

I replied that it was simple, because they had already inconvenienced me that all they had to do was schedule me first in the tech's rounds and we could schedule an exact time. They repeated that they would only schedule me in a 5 hour block! Totally unprofessional and disrespectful. Certainly not the level of professionalism and respect that one expects from a USAA vendor. To say I am disappointed is a significant understatement.

Original review: May 2, 2019

The process to make an appointment by phone is no good. Had to hold for a total of about 45 minutes between two calls I made to them. Once I spoke to the lady she was very polite, but my appointment was set wrong. I went online and corrected it. The system gave me a different time than I choose. The store manager at the Katy Texas location was great and came to the rescue. Got me an appointment that same day and got my windshield installed. I really appreciated that. I thought that when the repairs were complete they were to vacuum up the glass and clean All the windows. Neither was done. The tech told me I needed to get the truck detailed. I was not expecting a detail by any means, but I thought the website said they would vacuum glass. So the summary is don’t call or book online, go to a store and have it done there. I had two other friends tell me the same thing. However, I will definitely go back back in the future. Thanks!

Original review: May 2, 2019

My Lexus GX 460's windshield cracked and I didn't know the reason. So I called my insurance GEICO to have my windshield glass fixed. GEICO recommended Safelite to come and fix the windshield. The tech showed up on time and replaced the windshield within 2 hours. However, after few days of the windshield replacement, my car's sensors lights were all on, and one time they were blinking like Christmas lights and gave me some codes. I drove the car to the Lexus dealership and the Lexus car dealership told me whoever replaced my windshield did a very poor job and all rain water leaked into the car engine, electric sensor box, floor, etc. All the sensors wires are damaged and will be a big job to fix the car. Now I feel my car is considered as "flooded" car and it will be a problem with its value when I want to sell this car as a used car.

Today Safelite sent someone to the Lexus dealer to do an inspection of the car and he saw all the issues and also tested the leaking windshield. He saw all the damages due to the poor windshield installation job Safelite had done to my car. It is a hassle to deal with Safelite because whenever I call, the rep gives me a very rude attitude and I need to explain this whole story over and over when I call. NO one contacted me from Safelite today after the Safelite tech did the inspection! My car is still at the Lexus dealership and I am using a Lexus loaner to drive around to work and pick up the kids... This situation is very frustrating and I don't feel I'm the one should face all these if Safelite had installed my windshield glass professionally. Safelite should responsible for all the damages and should replace a new car for me without "flooded"!

Original review: April 30, 2019

I had service scheduled for yesterday (having pre-paid for my service), and company called to reschedule because tech was sick. He was supposed to come today before 6, and never showed up. I had to call him, at 6:30, and he admitted he didn't even have my windshield in his van. He would have to go back to the shop, and wouldn't be to me before it got dark, so he would have to reschedule AGAIN. This is the worst experience I've ever had with Safelite, and the technician Jerron was very unprofessional. He knew he was running behind earlier in the day, and could not even let me know. More importantly, he didn't even have my glass in his van, so would have not been to me on-time anyway.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I had a chip in my 2016 Silverado. Contacted insurance and they set up an appointment at my house (very convenient) so my time frame was from 7 am to 12 pm. I took a half day off work and waited for tech. He finally came at 1145. He spent 2 minutes repairing chip, it looked worse than before he fixed it and he dripped glue all over the rest of the windshield. I told him I wasn't happy and wanted a full replacement. He said no problem and set me up with another appointment 2 days later at same time frame. Well after taking another half day off work the guy never showed up. I called Safelite and they said there was an issue with the tech, I stated that they could've called to notify me. So now that guy reschedules for 2 days after that. Wtf.

So now that day comes and the guy actually shows up and in time frame as requested. He says he'll get started and knock on door if there's any issues. Well 5 minutes later he knocks.... He brings me outside and shows me the new windshield and says that there's a huge chip in the corner and it's the only windshield he has. Then he says it's only cosmetic and won't affect anything and wanted to put it in my truck. I said, "There is absolutely no way you are going to replace my windshield with a chipped one." He then wanted to reschedule for 2 days later. I refused and drove to a local body shop, 1 hr later I was on my way and satisfied. Safelite was the worst experience I've had with a company. They didn't even care, customer service was horrid. I would never recommend them ever!

Original review: April 18, 2019

We scheduled to replace a windshield on a 1996 Explorer. The service was prepaid and done at his our home. The tech not only cracked the windshield but he managed to get the passenger window off track. He went ahead and glued the windshield in knowing it needed replacing. He also took off with my keys and it was like pulling teeth to get them returned. Now because he glued the windshield in we have to wait another week to get the windshield replaced and they expect us to fix the passenger window. I would never use Safelite again and definitely not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: April 15, 2019

On April 5, 2019 we scheduled an appointment online for service to our home driveway for a small chip in the windshield. The appointment was for Saturday April 13th, between 12 and 5pm. Shortly before 9am on Saturday I received a text message that my appointment had been cancelled. No reason, no way to find out why either. I rescheduled with my online tool for Wednesday, April 17th between 12 and 5pm.

On Monday April 15th I received a text at 8:30 in the morning, as I was about to leave the house for a few hours that my appointment had been rescheduled for that very day at 10:30am. I stayed home and at 10:32am received a text message that my appointment had again been cancelled. I reached customer service and was told they only had a record of the appointment scheduled for Wednesday. At this point I was pretty confident that come Wednesday I would stay home and would again receive a text that the appointment was cancelled. So I called a competitor, had an appointment for between 3 and 4 that day (Monday the 15th) and had it fixed in 20 minutes. Will never use Safelite again.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I was quoted 129 less tax to fix two rock chips. When the repair was done they charged me 167. A quote is a quote. Can't trust them. I tried calling the manager of the Bowling Green, Ky store that did the work but he wouldn't do anything.

Original review: April 11, 2019

At 12 pm, because I stayed home all morning, I needed to go to work. I called the tech and there was no ans. I called the supervisor and he said he'd be out later in the afternoon. Great company! No call stating they would be late and no apology!

Original review: April 11, 2019

Had a local Safelite shop fix 2 cracks I sustained on a trip down I-95, 1 about 1/2 at the bottom of windshield and 1 very small one right in the middle of windshield (right in my field of view). It was done 4 months ago. Noticed yesterday the very small one had developed another small crack off of it. Safelite told me it was guaranteed not to spread anymore. When I contacted them I was told I needed to buy a whole new windshield now. A totally useless process they have for repairing one. Will NOT be going back to them!

Original review: April 10, 2019

I had a broken windshield. My only vehicle. I work 2 jobs. I had my insurance company line up a replacement. They chose Safelite. The tech comes to my job pulled windshield then refused to put in new window due to small rust hole the size of a pen tip. Then tells me they will cover the tow to a collision shop to have metal welded in and then they would put windshield in. Left me high and dry. Put old windshield in and I was not able to drive. After using some colorful language. I called FRONTIER AUTO GLASS. NO PROBLEMS???? FRONTIER GOT THE JOB DONE. I will include a picture if I am able to. NEVER USE SAFELITE. NEVER EVER.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I will never go back to a place where you do not know what you are going to be charged for. Everything summarizes in one star when you receive a bill for $250 after your windshield has been replaced, and you were told "please dont worry about the numbers" because the insurance was going to pay for all of it. I called Safelite, and they told me I had to call my insurance. I called my insurance, and they told me that safelite cannot tell me that the insurance will pay for everything because they do not manage their policy, and on top of that, they told me that this company, safelite, knows that the insurance does NOT pay for calibration. You all need to be clear and tell your clients what they are going to be charged for. No need to be shady when, supposedly, you know you offer the best service and best rates.

Safelite AutoGlass Company Information