3.9/5 (597 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Safelite AutoGlass Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safelite AutoGlass?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safelite AutoGlass?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

They did replace the windshield after bumbling around for while and calling a second van. Then they damaged a gate post pulling out. The driver denied it and accused me of damaging it. The manager of the Westchester store then was rude and defended his driver. No customer service. Now going to corporate and to local police to resolve. They are very hostile to their customers. I'd avoid.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I showed up to my 1:30 appointment on time. I was told they were a little bit behind. Waited 45 minutes until they were finally able to take me in which at that time I couldn't stay had to pick up kids from school. Wasted an hour and a half of my day and 30 miles round-trip in a full-size truck. I called and asked if they would be able to come to my house and do it there and they wanted to charge me $20 more. The person on the phone said there was no one there that could do anything about it. All I would've asked for is a phone call letting me know that they are shortstaffed and that there's going to be a wait I could've save myself a trip and rescheduled. There are no less than six people in that office. All on the phone. One of them could've called me.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

The technician showed up on time and did a great job or so I thought. Apparently he forgot to remove my security alarm and remote start, I know that he forgot because he almost ripped all of the wiring out of the receiver. At some point he realized it and stopped pulling, but it was too late, it no longer works. I called them to tell them and was told that I needed another technician to come out to ensure I am not lying. They made appointment from 1200-1600. I left my car and drove my wife's. At 1630 when they still had not showed up, I called and the technician lied and said he called and came by. So my advice is to use them at your own risk because they have absolutely NO CREDIBILITY!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Brought the wrong part and would not give me a new date for installation. Said a manager would call but never heard from one. This company sucks. Do not use them. They did not follow up on when they would install.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

Called yesterday. Set up an appointment to get a new windshield for the blazer. Stressed several times windshield out already. Needed new windshield and rubber around it. Even give VIN # to ensure right windshield. Schedule for today and they screwed it up. The lady put it in for repair instead of new windshield. Sat here for 5hrs wasting my time. Another guy called. Said was not his fault. Expected me to leave our garage unlocked or to give someone else a key to our garage. Very rude people to deal with. I even called back and they basically said not their fault nothing they could do. This was their fault and they are not willing to work with their customer. Very unprofessional! I will never do business with them again.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

If you're in the market for a company with horrible customer service and a useless warranty... then you've come to the right place! Safelite will happily screw up your installation and charge you top dollar. Then, when the poor installation becomes a problem, their nationwide network of service shops will promise to set things right, bill corporate for a full replacement and repair, then simply fill your car window's gaps with caulk.

Got a complaint? No problem! Call their national phone line (888-212-5457) as many times as you want -- their cheerful automated system will walk you through a handy multilayered menu and then happily report that they can't take your call. Want to speak to a real person? Try sending an email to the entire leadership team: **. You won't get a response from anyone, but pressing that "send" button will help you feel better. Like all major American corporations, they are saving money and time... er, I mean "your money and time" (tee hee)... by securely ensuring that you won't ever have to talk to a human being or hold anyone accountable.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

I purchases a used car at Toyota of Plano, the front windshield had to be replaced. It was replaced under a special arrangement between Safelite and the Dealership in which there is no warranty. An independent glass company informed me that the Glass does not meet DOT safety regulations making it dangerous in case of an accident, The window leaked continuously across the top because the seal was not properly cleaned and primed, which has caused damage to the head line. Safelite has not answered my calls, and the dealership refused to help.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

They were amazing and super quick. I was able to get my car fixed right at my house. The price was so low. I have recommended them to everyone that I know. Super convenient when you need them. Their customer service is impeccable.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Safelite replaced windshield at Ford Dealership prior to us purchasing SUV. A year late the rubber seal started coming off around the top of windshield while going down the road. Since Safelite has a warranty, I called and they refused to fix it stating the warranty is void upon transfer of vehicle ownership. Ford dealership refuses to fix it stating it was a Safelite repair. With that being said, DO NOT use Safelite due to poor installation. Make sure to note when you purchase or sell your vehicle, the warranty is void! Going to refer other businesses than Safelite due to poor workmanship!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

September 2. Had chip repair on windshield on lower passenger side about 2 " long. As soon as chip happened I didn't drive or wash until repaired. Repaired and tech said could take thru car wash now with no problem. Waited one day, then washed. Repair was done poorly as now getting worse. Tech told me if repair fails can get money placed towards new windshield, about 800 for new so would put the 60 (insurance paid) towards new windshield cost. Told me twice so I guess he would do poor job so I have to get new windshield. I never have seen such a poor job on chip repair that should have lasted a lifetime that is already failing just after a car wash.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I needed a windshield replaced and it was covered under my insurance. My agent called Safelite and had them call me. They exchanged all of the claim information. I lost the message so I called Safelite... What a JOKE. You have to go online now and cannot speak to anyone. They wanted me to go through all the things that were already done between Safelite and my agent. Safelite has lost all perspective on what customer service is all about. Dumping them for another vendor!!!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

Our windshield was broke .. Our ins carrier Hartford recommended Safelite. The experience was awesome. The appt done on line very easy and Safelite responded immediately, no waits. They were so courteous and knowledgeable. Great customer service is hard to come by but Safelite is A+.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

They were very accommodating to schedule. Communication the whole way… They showed up exactly when they said and where they said and he left my windshield like nothing ever happened. Loved the service but above else the communication. Most places you hear radio silence until the work is done. They were very attentive and genuinely seemed interested in my satisfaction.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

The company is great. They go above and beyond. Help you out to get windshield out in your car. They do good job. No leak after put in. They lot better than dealership to help you out when you need to come out. Fast service.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Recently had an appointment at 9am so that I can get to NC to see my son for his birthday. I get out of work at 4pm so I figured it would be a great appointment. They did not start my car till 12:30pm, received a call at 12:50pm saying they cracked it worse and cannot do the job that day. I let them know my plans, I was told drive it anyway. The window will not crash in on you. I said if it cracks and I can't see then what. I was told if I crash that's what insurance is for. Nonetheless, they refused me a rental or an apology for now having to miss my trip. Long story short, not only did I not get an apology I waited 7 days to get my car fixed. Was promised upper management would call to find out what happened.. Guess what? NO ONE EVER CALLED... HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

Would not honor their written 30 day warranty on defective or workmanship. Had my back window replaced and a week later it was leaking and cracked. Called. No response. Went back to the site and they said there was nothing they could do. Wouldn’t even inspect their work. Do not service your vehicle with them. I went to them for their names and warranty claims. Finding mom and pop competitors are cheaper and more friendly. So disappointed that wouldn’t honor their written warranty or even inspect their work. You can find better service elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

They charge much more than their competition. Also, my window made a lot of noise after they repaired the glass. I had to go back there. There were fragments of glass left in. They should have heard that after testing the window. Perhaps they did not test the window after they replaced the glass, which is not smart, needless to say.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Here is the Story in an email written to Safelite in 2019 that goes unanswered to this day: I never received a response to my survey response to the Safelite Warranty not being honored due to rust that was from a replacement done by Safelite in 2009 on my vehicle that cracked in June 2019. It has been just about 1.5 years with no response. This morning 3 6 21 I went to a Safelite Dealer with the same cracked windshield in the same (upper right corner passenger side).

I was told by Technicians this was not a Safelite problem and the stress crack was due to rust. I have been driving around with Safelite Windshields for over 10 years. The windshield leaked causing rust to my car body and now I am told to get to the street and find a Body Shop? This is not right and it is not fair. Why is the rust my problem when the vehicle had no rust when the first Safelite windshield was installed in 2009? Now I am told by Safelite technicians that I need to go to a Body Shop for what I am sure will be an expensive repair involving cutting and welding new steel on my Car Frame as well as a new windshield.

Something is not adding up.

Safelite needs to respond to my critique of July of 2019 about why you do not honor your Warranties. Rust was not present when the first windshield was installed in 2009. Rust was present when the second windshield was installed in 2019. Rust was present when you attempted to install the 3rd windshield this morning in 2021. And an email was sent today 4 6 21 that I "cancelled" my appointment. This is NOT TRUE. Your Technicians said they could not install the new windshield due to rust (which in my opinion was caused by a faulty installation of a windshield in 2009 by Safelite)-THAT IS THE TRUTH. I DID NOT CANCEL THE APPOINTMENT FOR THE RECORD. Stop playing Games about honoring your Warranty. If I do not speak to a QAQC Manager in the next 3 days I will post this Tale of Woe on every website I can think of.

Original review: July 31, 2021

They lied to me 2x on the phone, overcharged me and told me I was lying about the existence of a coupon code. When I sent in a screenshot they then said it was only valid if I entered it and I told them I had but it wasn't on the order. They said they couldn't do anything and neither could a supervisor. Then finally when I proved they were lying they fixed my order, applied the coupon code and when I asked to speak to a supervisor as I wasn't happy about being lied to and being treated that way I was disconnected. PS I got a replacement windshield for cheaper than their discounted price that is just as good of quality. Do not use them. They have terrible ethics.

Resolution response: July 19, 2021

I checked my voice mail 2 days later and did find a voicemail from the company.

Original review: July 17, 2021

Scheduled mobile service, technicians never appeared, wasted the whole afternoon waiting at home. Never received any communication from the company other than the confirmation. I contacted the company and the representative said the work was CANCELED by Safelite the company, and for NO REASON, without ANY notification. The representative just said I can reschedule it. WHY WOULD I DO THAT IF THIS IS HOW YOU TREAT YOUR CUSTOMER???

Original review: July 6, 2021

Says to stay on hold for an agent, and one never comes - hangs up on you. I want to speak to someone, not a friggin computer. Horrible service! Call the damn customer back - you are all idiots. This is **.

Original review: July 2, 2021

In July 2019, I had Safelite (San Rafael, California) replace a damaged windshield on my small RV built on a Sprinter Van chassis. I was charged $1,264.60 to have the windshield replaced with an OEM windshield that was ordered specially for my replacement. When the tech was finished and washing the windshield, he noticed an issue at the top center in the dark area where the camera was located. He called over another employee to examine it. I was told that there was a small crack but that it would not be a problem because it is in the dark area and would not be visible.

Due to covid, I did not use the RV until January 2021 when I moved to Florida. My RV was then parked in an RV garage that was built as a part of my new home. It again sat there until May 2021, when following my vaccination for covid, I prepared it for a Memorial Day trip. I then noticed that the crack had extended from the dark area into my driver's field of view. I took it to the nearest Safelite in Florida to have it repaired under warranty. A tech examined the crack which had circled through the dark area and out and then declared that the crack was due to a rock hitting the windshield and, therefore, it would not be covered under warranty. I certainly would have known if a rock had hit my windshield and that had not happened.

I asked for another tech to examine it and the first tech retreated into their back area and another tech eventually emerged. He spent some time examining the crack and eventually also stated that it was due to a rock hitting it and that it was, therefore, not covered by their warranty. He then gave me a quote for replacement of the windshield and the camera which together exceeded $1000. I declined. (Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.) I then contacted a local windshield replacement company with great reviews. I was charged $500.24 to replace the windshield. The existing camera was transferred to the new windshield and everything works fine.

After paying the tech, I asked him to examine the damaged windshield to see if he could determine the cause of the crack. He did so and said that there was nothing obvious and sometimes windshields are just defective. I asked him if there was any indication that a rock or anything had hit it. He said that there was nothing to indicate that it had been hit by a rock or anything. So, if you want to pay twice as much for a windshield with a ** warranty, go see Safelite. They need help to pay for their fancy buildings and all of that TV advertising.

Original review: June 30, 2021

They do not replace with OEM glass by default. The glass is softer, and it's very easily scratched and chipped. My new windshield has been on fewer than 3 months, and there are already some smaller chips and scratches from me barely driving the car due to COVID. I even got the $20-a-piece new wipers to prevent scratching.

Original review: June 11, 2021

I had to put in a claim to have my windshield replaced and first they have Auto Glass Experience come out and they have the wrong windshield. That is another complaint about a horrible company that you cannot reach. Then I had Safelite tech comes out with a windshield and after reviewing my VIN, tells me he has the wrong windshield and then had to reschedule my appointment and wanted me to wait another week and I insisted they come out the next day and they were not to pleased. Then the next day the tech comes back and does the work and meanwhile I was not aware that they had taken photos previously and claim my window had additional issues and they did not do it.

I phoned them and had to go to the shop and I had to argue with them about the issue and that the window was not like that and they claim the tech did not do any damage and I told them I would escalate this and go higher up and the claimed I was threatening them and would call the police. In the meantime they glued the area on the drivers side of the windshield and ordered the clips. My insurance paid them to do a job. If they do not pay for the clips, then I will file a complaint with BBB.

Original review: June 11, 2021

They ruined my vehicle and tried to use glue to hide the fact. My trunk now opens while driving, part of the top flew off while on the highway. They still haven't made it right and never apologized. Very sneaky practices.

Original review: June 5, 2021

I got my windshield replaced today at Safelite AutoGlass and when driving my vehicle home my girlfriend got scratched by glass leftover from the windshield repair. We found at least 13 more pieces scattered around.

Original review: June 1, 2021

They showed up an hour after the appointment Schedule. I contacted customer service and no one at customer service could give me any answers. They have gone from being grade A service provider to less than an F. I will never use Safelite again.

Original review: May 28, 2021

I am deeply disappointed with their predatory insurance claim pricing policy. Prior to filing an insurance claim for a windshield replacement, I received a Safelite OEE (Original Equipment Equivalent) windshield quote for $320 plus taxes and additional fees. However, I went through their insurance comprehensive claim process and paid my $500 deductible for an OEM (Original Manufacturer Equipment) windshield. But, was told by the local Safelite associate the day after the installation, that because the OEM windshield was not in stock the OEE windshield was installed and the $500 deductible was still assessed, as well as an additional $304 bill to my insurance.

I called Safelite’s Las Vegas local office to ask for clarification on why I am required to pay more for an OEE product going through my insurance, and was told that it is their existing agreement with the insurance company. The Safelite associate told me there was nothing that could be done and I’m liable to pay my deductible regardless of the windshield that is installed. I requested to speak with my insurance company to ensure they are aware of the practice and we completed a three way call to confirm the policy. The insurance representative recommended we withdraw the insurance claim and go with the cash payment option. When the cash payment option was provided the $500 deductible was refunded and a cash payment of $449 was assessed to me directly.

If Safelite was transparent in their windshield replacement pricing, prior to installation, I would not have chosen to pay $449 for an OEE windshield that was originally quoted at $320, plus taxes/fees. In addition, in the selection process when completing a windshield replacement with an insurance claim the consumer is not allowed to strictly select the OEM preference. Consumers are allowed to pay their deductible without any refund option with Safelite, even if the OEE option is less expensive than the the consumer's deductible, while also charging the insurance company additional fees. This is highly disingenuous, predatory, and misleading to consumers who seek a quality product from what is marketed as a reputable and honest company.

Consumers should be aware of the predatory insurance claim policy and ensure that Safelite is not overcharging them or their insurance for an inferior product. It is disappointing that Lexus of Las Vegas recommended their services without understanding the predatory pricing policies practiced. Stay away and shop around for other windshield replacement options. Attached are an invoice copy with inflated prices assessed to my insurance and myself, and a copy of the original quote for an OEE windshield replacement.

Original review: May 16, 2021

I had to take my car to Safelite 3x's and they still didn't get it right. Finally, I had to request a refund so that I can take my car to another place and have the windshield properly installed. Safelite's mgr said that he received approval for a refund, but two weeks later I had to follow up because I never received any confirmation. Every time I called and went down to the location they had a different reason. I am so frustrated and through with this type of service. Where a company just doesn't care how they treat a customer have they've delivered bad service. All they care about is their bottom line profits.

Original review: May 11, 2021

May 7,2021 I have made an appointment with Safelite Autoglass Service and upon reserving an appointment I have paid online $533.14 right away. Work order number: **. Scheduled on Monday (May 10, 2021 12 noon to 5pm). The day of schedule comes, I have received couple of emails and texts confirming the appointment. And I have contacted Safelite thru the phone (I was held for 45 minutes. No one answered) and talked to their chat reps twice Michael and Amanda they can't help. All they're saying is there is nothing more they can do except confirming the appointment and that there is no special note whatsoever.

That day (Monday 05.10.2021 5:45pm) I have cancelled the appointment and called my financial institution to file a dispute for their charge. 7:15pm same day their Tech called that he is coming. Today, Michael called for the appointment yesterday, I told him that I cancelled it. Then I have received an email stating that they will charge me for cancellation and taxes fees! WOW! What kind of SCAM is this?! BEWARE DEALING WITH SAFELITE AND THEIR ON THE SPOT CHARGES WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING!

Safelite AutoGlass Company Information