Safelite AutoGlass

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Safelite AutoGlass Reviews

ConsumerAffairs has collected 739 reviews and 1,109 ratings.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safelite AutoGlass?

Reviewed Aug. 17, 2023

I am so disgusted on the treatment and unprofessionalism here at Safelite AutoGlass 2001 Rt 70 WCherry Hill, NJ 08002. How you can be a Store Manager of your business and do not know who is doing what or doing the order for parts! I am very understanding person and know that things happen. I get it. But why lie to your customers saying that the part got there broken, when actually the parts was never delivered in the first place. Then what makes it worse have your receptionist getting confused with the story and told two different stories.

Furthermore, I asked for the manager because the story was not adding up or making any sense. The manager got on the phone and I said, "I am not trying to be rude or ignorant. However, be honest with me because I am hearing two different stories. Was my part order? Yes or no." The manager first said no, then said, "We did, but the manufacturer never got the order," then "oh I don’t know who did the order for you last week???" I was confused. The order was done at your location and I spoke with someone at your location and you don’t know what’s going on in your store? When you are the store manager.

I even got an email to come in today to drop off my car and the email is down below! I have to pay someone to take me to work to Philadelphia and back to them to be lied to. Be more professional. If you do not have the part ok not a problem. The problem you lied and trying to make it seem like you was not the problem or like no one in your store failed to communicate with each other. Lastly, it is not my fault that I went to your place of business to get my windshield repaired and it was not installed properly then to get poor customer service later to get it back repaired. This is unacceptable!

Reviewed Aug. 14, 2023

Very frustrating. There is not even a call center. Only a robot designed to hang up on you when it becomes obvious that you require human assistance. Safelite Autoglass is a perfect example of a company with a near monopoly which no longer cares about customers or franchise operators.

Reviewed Aug. 5, 2023

I was going to take my Chevy Tahoe elsewhere due to the high price at Safelite and cancelled the appointment. I was contacted by Safelite with a discount code and payment options so I rescheduled. Before I arrived I received a text message to let me know that it would be $40 additional for the windshield wipers. I went to the appointment anyway but after being promised to have my mirror glass replaced also that they weren't going to do that time and I'd have to pay for a second appointment. I should have stuck with Arnold's glass as I always have.

Reviewed Aug. 5, 2023

Our windshield on a 2017 Highlander was hit by rocks from a passing truck and had to be replaced. Given that SafeLite is the dominant provider in that space, we first tried to get a quote from them. What follows is a summary of our experience and why we ended-up not using them. First, note that there are various "coupons" available, so try to secure one first if you plan to use them.

Second, while their web interface is relatively streamlined, it involves many steps so that it is hard to keep track of where you are. This is particularly important as you are eventually taken to a page where you are asked to finalize your quote by choosing between three different services: economy, standard, and premium. There is, however, absolutely no explanations as to what the differences are, and searching online (we tried several search engines) does not offer any real information. The only thing we were able to infer is that Economy may not include wipers replacement, while the other two service levels might. SafeLite's own website is also silent on what those three services include.

Third, there are hidden fees that are initially not included, such as a "recycling" fee to dispose of your broken windshield and that gets tagged onto the total all the way at the end. Overall, SafeLite sale's practices came across as deceptive (fees hidden until the last minute) and opaque (no clear explanation of the different levels of service offered). Since we ended-up not using their service, I cannot comment on the quality of the work, but I would certainly not recommend them to anyone looking to replace their cracked windshield.

Reviewed Aug. 3, 2023

When looking at Reviews here on internet Look For Real Reviews Not Safelite Written Reviews Which Are Fake. 2 years ago they installed windshields in 2 of my vehicles, install was incorrect and they suffered severe water damage, cost me the use of my cars for 2 months, both in body shop. Today had my new car windshield replaced, they mounted crooked, broke out window molding and did not replace. Not waterproof. Not getting paid and taking my new car to auto dealership for new windshield.

Reviewed Aug. 1, 2023

I had a small chip in my windshield repaired, the tech cut a inch X over my chip and I can still see it in my windshield. It will not come out, then the repair has a bubble. I took it to the Safelite location and the manager would not even look at it, the throw in my face many times I signed the waiver. Please don’t make the mistake I did. Will never ever use them again…nobody cares at safelite, I placed many phone calls and their answers were I signed the waiver…now every time I all I see is a bubble in my windshield with a X cut into my glass and make me upset. I hate they did such an awful job…beware.

Reviewed July 28, 2023

There's a very good reason why all the reviews are so poor. It doesn't matter where your local shops are, their whole system is corrupt and misleading. Your probability of being a happy customer and leaving a positive review is less than 10%. Prices quoted on the phone are just to get you down there. Then comes the hidden fees, which are about $70.00-$100.00 more than what you were verbally quoted. Plus, you cannot reach your local store directly. That's on purpose. Their glass quality has shifted to the bottom of the barrel. Their "customer service" reps act Shocked! when they receive a complaint call. It seems like all their calls are complaint calls. I wouldn't use them to replace the glass on a hamster cage. Stay Away!

Reviewed July 24, 2023

Had a windshield replaced and the molding flew off on the highway less than a month later on my way to present the vehicle for a car show. I wasted 2 days of my trip trying to get the molding fixed by Safelite but they didn't care about the situation and wanted to have me miss the entire event to drive several hours to get it replaced with yet another fake not oem part. I took it to another shop and they confirmed that safelite used the wrong glue and that the work was done poorly. The manager of this location refuses to pay for the work and is looking for any excuse to wiggle out of responsibility for their shoddy work. Don't bother going here. They don't warranty their work and use cheap off brand parts. STAY AWAY!

Reviewed July 19, 2023

Just had a windshield replaced in my 21 Gladiator by their Mobil Repair. I asked for an OEM windshield from MOPAR. What I got was a knock off of their own windshield. A few days after the installation I was cleaning the vehicle and was holding on to the beam that runs along side the window when the edge of the windshield broke off. I contacted Safelite who informed me not to return to their establishment. The worker also said he could clearly see the impact on the windshield that caused the breakage. He also informed me that a man of my weight shouldn't lean against a vehicle because I could cause damage. I weigh 250.

Reviewed July 17, 2023

In the past I have had good service from this company. I experienced a damaged window while traveling. I went to the Safelite site to set up a time for windshield replacement. After entering information about my vehicle a reasonable quote appeared. Step two enter personal information then click on an available appointment time. No times available for in shop repair so I select on site repair at my location. Quote pops up for $370. Since I have been in contact with this company for several days I get a promo code for $50, cost now $320 according to my math. I enter the code total cost now $390. I click on order details: $39 recycling fee + $49 on site fee added. As far as I am concerned these are hidden profit fees. These amounts should be posted up front, not on the back end. I don’t like gimmicks! I will drive home with a cracked window and get it replaced locally.

Reviewed July 17, 2023

Had my windshield replaced on my 2018 Atlas. After replacement my rearview mirrors is loose. I tried getting it handled that day but YOU CAN NOT GET A LIVE PERSON ON THE PHONE. I called 7 times and emailed once. Their IVR system is by far the worst. This is a company that grew too quickly or just doesn't care about their customers. I e-mailed customer support I and didn't hear back for 4 days. They finally decided to call me back and they responded that they could set up an appointment for next available. I mean how poor of a service is that. They should fit a warranty claim next day as far as I am concerned. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Reviewed July 16, 2023

Took my new windshield in for a chip repair and they cracked the whole windshield and then would not even give me a discount on a new windshield. They sending me reminders to make an appointment to get a new windshield. Why would I let them replace my windshield when they ruined my new one already?? The receptionist was not kind about the damage they did and it was not the first bad experience I have had with customer service. I have 4 cars and I am in there at least once a month for a chip repair. NOT ANYMORE. When I priced new windshields elsewhere they were $200 and Safelite was $350. No I will not go back. Shame on them.

Reviewed July 14, 2023

I took my vehicle to get the rear hatch glass replaced. When I went to pick up my vehicle the tech told me and my wife they had a hard time opening my hatch. He then out the key in the tailgate and tried opening the hatch and tailgate at the same time while prying on the rear lift gate frame with he bent. I told if he tried the release button. He said what button. By that damage was done. This was a year ago 2022 and still haven't repaired my vehicle. They told I sounded like broken record. Very rude. So now I'm taking them to small claims court. Never take your vehicle to Safelite. Beware.

Reviewed July 13, 2023

On May 25 of this year, I hired this company to install a windshield on my car. I was guaranteed one-year satisfaction guaranteed, after about three weeks I noticed the windshield that they installed was different from the original. The windshield installed had no tint and it was brutal to drive early morning or late afternoon due to the glare from the sun. When I called to complain they said the original Windshield would've been too expensive so they gave me an aftermarket. I told them the technician that installed it did not give me the option of original or aftermarket. They told me there's nothing they can do about it now, very disappointed.

Reviewed July 10, 2023

Have these guys replace my windshield in December. Driving home one evening from work and the windshield just cracks spontaneously. I wasn't following anyone and I was the only person on the road. There was nothing that hit the windshield. Just glanced over and there was a crack from the edge of the windshield. This was in May so the windshield was only 5 months old. Called these guys to fix this right after it happened. The tech said that there was a couple of chips at the beginning of the crack. I know that they were not there before but I also didn't bother taking a picture of the crack.

In idle conversation with a co-worker today at work one of the women in shipping told me that she had seen the tech tinkering with the windshield before he'd even called me to let me know that he was there. So basically this guy conveniently added a couple of chips to the crack to avoid having to do anything with the windshield. It is now the beginning of July and they have yet to call me to schedule anything or do anything about this. Avoid these guys at all costs. They are more crooked than a snake.

Reviewed July 7, 2023

For the last month, I've been trying to get my wife Ioniq 5 Windshield fixed by Safelite through my insurance. So far, Safelite has canceled my appointment 4 times! Each time saying they don't have the right part in but each time tell me it's on the way then make an appointment. This is by the far the worst experience with any service in my life! The only advice I get from Safelite is that the crack is fine and my wife can drive it with no issues because the glass has layers. Well, the crack has started at 4 inches and now it's half a circle smile shaped U that's around 16 inches in length. So you drive it Safelite and feel safe! Now, we have to wait another week again. I need to get to medical appointments and certifications next week. My wife so has to work and uses my truck everyday. No one cares at Safelite.

Reviewed July 6, 2023

I got my daughter's cracked windshield fixed through Safelite and in under 1 year the damaged windshield became worse. I called the store that fixed her windshield to see about their warranty that they offer if the damage gets worse and they said they could not help me and that I would have to pay for it. I told them that is unacceptable considering this damage occured in less than 1 year. I will never do business with this company who does not back their work and their warranty. Time to find another business to spend my money on.

Reviewed June 22, 2023

Updated on 09/12/2023: After they replaced my windshield it started to fall out the next day! When I called their cust service number. I was told by Tanishe take your problem to a body shop!!!! I paid for the premium warranty and I was curious. They didn't want to honor their warranty!!!! Lucky for me I called the man who installed the windshield and he repaired it on his own!

Original Review: My windshield started to fall out the next day and when I call tanishe told me to go to a body repair shop and there is nothing they will do!!!! I paid extra for their warranty and was treated by their call center like crap!!!!

Reviewed June 18, 2023

Dropped my car off at Safelite on 7 June for an appointment on 8 June. Asked the service rep if it was ok where I parked my car. He stated yes. It was in front of the service entrance. I arrived at 4:45pm on 8 June to pick my car up and noticed the repair was not done. Asked the rep why the car was not done and he asked what car it was. He looked for the key and could not find it. He then asked who I handed the key to and I told him, "It was you I gave my key to." He looked a little longer and the key was next to him in a clear service envelope.

I asked for the key and left because I had another appointment for service on 9 June. I contacted Safelite using their chat option on their website and the rep told me they had me listed as a no show. Contacted customer service at Safelite and the service location and they both blew smoke. First time using Safelite and will not go ore recommend this business. I under stand thing happen but putting me down as a no show was deliberate.

Reviewed June 13, 2023

Had a loaner vehicle which took a small windshield chip and needed to be quickly repaired. Went to Safelite and they markedly expanded the damage with disclaimer in hand prompting need for a new windshield. They wanted $980 for the whole experience; competitors were under $750 for same product. Customer service wouldn't reduce price. Found the entire experience suspect.

Reviewed June 9, 2023

I had my windshield replaced and less than two months later had two large rock chips in it caused by very small rocks. These rocks were the size of a BB and I was not going very fast. I contacted Safelite only to be told the warranty doesn't cover chips. I paid over $500 for this windshield and it was not good glass. The customer service rep told me the glass is made to federal regulations. I highly doubt that considering the original windshield went 15 years without a chip from much larger rocks. I will never recommend Safelite to anyone. Substandard product and even worse customer service.

Reviewed June 9, 2023

I brought my truck in to have the windshield replaced. I went to the front desk and told them I have my own dumpster and I will be taking the windshield with me so you don’t have to charge me a recycling fee. I had no problem at this point when the job is finished, it popped up on my iPhone that my credit card was charged $239 that was including the recycling fee. I went to the front desk and I told them I’m taking the windshield with me why are you charging me for the recycling fee. They said they would fix it.

After receiving no confirmation they still charging my credit card the $239 I contacted the head office first and they said they would look into it and try to fix it. Then this morning they charge me an additional $50 up to $290 and I took my own glass. I will not settle for this. I’ve already contacted my credit card company. I will dispute this. I have contacted them and they are in the process of trying to fix this but I am totally aggravated. I would not recommend them to anyone. This is been a nightmare.

Reviewed June 8, 2023

Went online for a windshield repair job. Signed up and paid for the windshield repair online. Immediately get a confirmation with the date and time for 1 week later. The day before, get an email and text message confirming the appointment at my home. The text reads: "Your appointment is tomorrow! Just a reminder that your technician will arrive between 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM CST. We'll need your keys but you're welcome to leave them in a safe spot inside the vehicle."

The morning of, I receive an email about the appointment with a picture and name of the technician. I intentionally took time off work for this appointment. Come noon time, no message, suffice it to say, by 6 pm, no call and no one shows up. no text message or email. It was a complete no show with no explanation. Then when I call at 6, no human being to answer the call. I have to wait till the next week to call. I call on Tuesday and they tell me it will be for the next day.

Then yesterday, I got off work early, again, to be home for the appointment. I call once I got home, they connect me to a human, and this man tells me, there will not be anyone who can come do this job since they are overbooked!!! After I explained to them how this is the 2nd time they have abandoned me and not followed through with their agreed upon time, the person says let me see what I can do, he puts me on hold, 5 minutes later, he gets back on the phone and tells me, there is nothing he can do!

That is when I hung up and decided to make this review. This is an extremely poorly run company. Extremely unreliable. Very bad customer support. I then called the national line, and told them what happened, they said they too would be upset, but like he did not really care. SO I requested a refund. Then they sent me an email stating: "We have canceled your appointment to replace the windshield on your 2019 **. A cancellation fee and applicable taxes may apply. You will be refunded your original payment amount minus all taxes and fees." Can you believe this??? I hope they refund the full amount.

Reviewed June 7, 2023

My neighbor had safelite out to do window repair on his vehicle. Safelite technician chose to park in my driveway thinking this is okay. I asked him to move out of my driveway, his response was “Do you need the driveway right now?” Unbelievable how unprofessional this employee was. Nevertheless he moved out of the driveway only to park in the street in front of my driveway obstructing my ability to enter or exit my own garage for 3 hours. I have reached out to the company. No answer. No email back. Clearly if the company does not care… why would the employees? Awful company. Stay away!

Reviewed June 2, 2023

The appointment was set between 12 and 12:30. At 12:14 the repair guy called and left a message saying he was in the driveway. I walked back from the yard to the driveway to see him leave at 12:16! I called him but no answer - called Safelight who said they would have him call me. 10 mins later he called to say he was in his way to the next customer and would come back but didn’t know when! Still waiting…

Reviewed June 2, 2023

Worst experience I've ever had… My appointment was at 9 am and I was late. I called the company and the attendant said I couldn't be more than 15 minutes late. I hurried to get there on time and I did. The rep informed me that the exchange time would be between 2:30 to 3 hours of waiting. 3 hours later they hadn't even started the exchange. I'm glad this happened, because I got my car back and had time to read these reviews here.

Reviewed May 30, 2023

I have made 2 appointments and both times the windshield came in defective. I have made a THIRD appointment - the customer service person said they ALWAYS get defective windshields but most people don't care. If you have the time to waste (which I do right now) it will be interesting to see how many times before I get a decent windshield.

Reviewed May 26, 2023

Horrible experience!!! Safelite rep was not confident with the service, was extremely late and tried to double the amount for windshield wipers. $64 was original and rep wanted $132. I felt very deceived, not comfortable and declined services. I will be going locally to get the chip fixed. Beware!

Reviewed May 24, 2023

The tech broke the windshield during installation and my daughter had to wait 4 days for new one I feel he should have returned quicker with replacement. I thought they had one day installation. Not happy. Since she was using my vehicle 'til hers was done.

Reviewed May 23, 2023

Don't be fooled by their commercials... a waste of time and a super nasty location in Stockton, my appointment for OE windshield replacement was scheduled for 9:30. I arrived at 9:50. Front desk lady said, "We need to re-schedule you because you were late!" I told her, "I just drove from Tracy plus you requested an all-day drop-off," she cut me off from talking so I walked out and felt disrespected as a customer never again...

Safelite AutoGlass Company Information