Find a Car Dealerships partner

3. Car Dealerships

1.6/5 (64 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Russ Darrow Group

Russ Darrow strives to create an exciting and rewarding atmosphere for every employee which will then reflect in superior service to you. Total customer satisfaction is our ultimate goal whenever we open our doors. We realize that the only way we will meet our goal of superior customer service is to be passionate about our customers and the products we sell and service. Our mission is to turn this passion into an undying effort to serve and satisfy you throughout your entire ownership experience.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Russ Darrow Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Russ Darrow Group?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Russ Darrow Group?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I purchased a 2017 Equinox from Russ Darrow Honda on 7/11/19. 1 month later no oil. Car break down. 12/11/19 2nd incident oil pan pops. Dina from Corporate stopped returning my calls the 1st time, George GM wouldn't return calls. Took vehicle back. They wouldn't touch it although paperwork states Oil consumption test should be performed. 12/16/19 had to call Dina 3 times to get a response. George finally called back 7 hours later and said he wouldn't take vehicle back for 2nd time, because I have a warranty and every time I call Corporate he would get the complaint and I should just call him. How? As he stopped responding as well. Horrible, HORRIBLE place to purchase a vehicle as they don't stand behind their vehicles. Steer clear of this establishment.

The cars are trash, it's all "whenever you need something call us, refer us, get your oil changes here" until something goes wrong and nobody want to own up to a huge error on their part. Found out previous owner NEVER changed the oil and Russ Darrow unloaded a piece of junk on me. Now sensors are going bad but manufacturer's warranty won't replace those either. Better off getting a vehicle from a junkyard if all of this happens in within 5 months of purchase.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Afraid to go back to this dealer after the horrid experience we had. After less than 9 months of use of the 2014 Town and Country Chrysler we bought and being pressured into buying an additional 6 year "bumper to bumper" warranty. My husband is 88, I am 85 and this was to be our last car purchase. We felt confident that this car would last us a lifetime because we were given the Russ Darrow Group checkpoint paper that says all things were thoroughly checked and warranted by them.

But, in less than 9 months the car started to get a loud engine noise and we went back to the Greenfield Wi dealer where we bought the car and they said they would not look at it since they did not work on Chryslers and we had to take it to their "north side dealership". When we were in the process of purchasing it we were asked "will you be having your car purchased here, because if you are not it will cost you $100 upfront to have someone else work on it before your warranty will pay anything". Of course we wanted it serviced where we purchased it since we live in Greenfield, so we said yes.

After several attempts to have the noise in the engine looked at they finally had one of their mechanics bend over and listen from the front of the grill without even opening the hood. He said "sounds like an air conditioner fan noise". They said they would check it out and could we be seated in the waiting room. After about a half hour the service mgr came and said "looks like it will have to stay overnight". We told him we had a Dr. appt that afternoon and that our "warranty contract" that we purchased from them would provide for a car to use and they proceeded to bring us a car and some paperwork to sign which said it was a "rental" car and that we had to sign it "just as a matter of form for insurance purposes". In order to get back home since they had our car we signed under those terms.

We did not hear from them for about two days so we called them. The service mgr said "looks like there might be some other problems. We will check it out and get back to you". Again, we don't hear from them so after at least a week, we call them again. Service Mgr says "looks like we will have to replace the engine". Ok now we are worried, but we paid $6.000 for our additional insurance warranty so we should be good right?

Well now a few more weeks go by and no word, so we call and service mgr says "we are waiting to hear from the warranty company on the engine replacement but you will have an engine with over 22,000 less miles than the one we are replacing". Since they didn't even have the engine to put in we then left on our family planned vacation leaving their "rental car" in our driveway.

While we are on vacation we get a phone call from the Greenfield Russ Darrow Group dealership telling us that "now in addition to the engine replacement we will now also need to have the transmission replaced or repaired" and in order for them to do this they need our authorization to do this so the warranty company will give them the ok to do this. In addition they tell us to "bring back their 'rental" car at once since their paperwork said we were only to have it for ONE DAY! We can't bring it back. We are on vacation with our family in Las Vegas and we would be back the following Monday at which time we will comply with their request.

Now they have had our car over a month, never in that time did they say to bring their "rental" car back to them. "Read your paperwork" says the service mgr. We didn't read it because at the time they told us our signing it was "just for their insurance purposes". When we get back from vacation we call and tell them we are back and when can we meet with the generall mgr to discuss all of these issues and will they be providing us with a different car until ours is done being worked on. They said "bring the "loaner" car back before 3 pm and another one will be provided for you". We were there about 2:30 pm and were told that there is "no loaner car for you". My husband then told them that we are not returning their car since we had no way to get home and proceeded to leave the service area.

By the time we got back to their "loaner" car their employees proceeded to block us in front back and sides with 5 of their vehicles even pulling one car up across the sidewalk and as one of the people in a suit gave us his middle finger as we sat in the car. It was now close to closing time at 5 pm and was a Holiday weekend so no one would be there for 3 days to give us a different car or allow us to leave in their "loaner" car. My husband called the Greenfield Police Department and an officer arrived shortly and asked us about the situation, after we explained what had just happened he went into the office to speak with someone and was gone for quite a long time.

When he returned he said they told him that someone in the office would drive us to their Northside dealership to get a different "loaner" car but when they tried to call their other dealership there was no answer to they said they would drive us home and take us to the Northside to get another "loaner" car in the morning. Now this is a Holiday weekend and of course they will be closed so we knew this was not going to happen.

Now the dealer shuts off the lights and all the employees are leaving and the 3 day Holiday weekend is coming up so we are left with no way to get home. We were promised a different "loaner" car from the Greenfield dealer when we brought their other one back and they did not provide one. By now the police officer declares this to be a "civil matter' and leaves also. We call one of our daughters who lives near East Troy to come to get us and she drives us home after taking videos of our "loaner" car being blocked in on all sides by the employees of the Russ Darrow Group.

Now our family is concerned because we are now without a car for a three day period before the dealership will be open again after the Holidays. This all happened on a Saturday so we sat home Sunday, Monday (holiday) and on Tuesday our daughter called the Greenfield dealer to ask what they intended to do about our "loaner" car since they still had our car and were continuing to work on it. They said they would send one of their employees to come for us to drive us to their Northside dealership to get another "loaner" car for us to used while they were still working on ours. The Greenfield Dealership employee came to pick us up. His name was "Jose" and he drove us to the other dealership and when we arrived I asked him to please wait in case something might go wrong.

My husband went in to get the "loaner" car and they said "we don't have a car for you, we don't know anything about providing you with a car". My husband understandingly was very upset. The end result was that if we did not sign another paper which stipulated and the service mgr pointed out to us was that we will be charged a daily rental fee for the use of their car while our car was being worked on and that we are signing that we will be liable for any and all other charges that may incur during the duration of the time they had our car. We had to sign or again had no way to have transportation or to get back home.

Both of us had to give them our driver's license and our credit cards and sign their paperwork and then we were able to leave with their "rental car". Finally after over TWO MONTHS of not being able to drive our own car they called to tell us that NOW our car was done and could be picked up. When we got to the Northside Russ Darrow Group dealership. The Mgr gave us a bill amounting to approximately $258.00 and proceeded to take us to their service department window to pay our bill.

I asked the service mgr what were these charges for and he responded "I have no clue, read your paperwork". We paid because we needed to get our own car back after not having it for over two months and we were just glad to be able to be done with all of the terrible things that happened to us due to this whole deal. The paperwork said that they charged us to TOW our car from the Greenfield Russ Darrow to their Northside Russ Darrow so that they could work on the transmission. They replaced the Engine at their Greenfield dealership. They also charged us for "topping off" the oil, antifreeze, etc that was needed when they replaced the engine and transmission repairs. Also on the bill was a charge to REPAIR the "lower radiator hose". There is more, and we would be happy to tell anyone about this horrible experience if anyone cares to listen.

I just wish the REAL RUSS DARROW could know about this treatment, because I don't think he would approve of how his employees treated one of his customers. We called the Russ Darrow Corporate office yesterday to try to talk to someone of authority to show them with video, pictures and other documentation of the statements contained herein but were unable to speak to anyone of authority that would represent this dealership but to no avail. We hope no one else that may be in the market for a car at one of these dealerships will ever have to go through this kind of experience. Use.

Get buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I thought this was a wonderful experience. I was in a really tough spot and my salesman was very helpful. HOWEVER, 3 months after I bought the car I'm looking at $2,500 in repairs. 1/2 of what I paid for the car. My mechanic says all the damage should have been known when I bought it. Beware. Have an independent mechanic check anything before you buy it.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

We brought our 2016 Grand Caravan in for transmission problems. Ended up having to bring the vehicle back 5 times in a 9 month period and they still couldn't get it right. The second time we brought it back it was because of a leaky seal in the transmission... the third time was because they improperly mounted the engine which probably caused the reasoning for having to bring it in a fifth time because the flexplate was damaged and broke which caused additional damage to the transmission which they won't take blame for. Trying to say it wasn't their fault... Excuse me but I'm not the one that improperly mounted down the engine causing it to shift and bend pieces that aren't meant to bend!!!!

I forgot to mention the 4th time.. that's because we didn't even get it off the lot that time, the battery was dead and the alternator was fried. Now we get the vehicle back and it's leaking transmission fluid. When we called to report it we got attitude from the service rep, trust me we are just as annoyed if not more (because now we're up to almost EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS IN REPAIRS!!!!) Thankfully we found out the warranty work can be transferred to another dealership.

Original review: June 25, 2019

We were looking for a reliable, reasonable car for my daughter. Her credit is in need of help, so I offered to cosign to help her out. Found a very nice Scion on the website and the price was right, so we made an appointment and walked in ready to purchase. First, they wanted almost 50% down on a $5000 car. Then they couldn't finance that one so we had to look at other options. Then they couldn't finance the second one....so on, so forth. 4 cars later, they said the bank would approve her for a $13,000 Kia with a payment of $300 monthly for 5 years. Since our budget was only about $5000, and we were hoping to keep the payments down to around $150 (with $2500 down the Scion worked perfectly....) I could not for the life of me figure out why they jerked us around for HOURS to try and sell her a $13,000 vehicle. NEVER AGAIN will I patronize this dealership.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I purchased my used Nissan Murano in April of 2017. The dealership touted it as being a "certified" vehicle, talked up their "extended warranty" and their "gold card" for service (value of $1500, but all I really received are a few oil changes). There was some loud noise when I drove it on the test drive. The sales agent told me it was "road noise." He also told me I had quite a bit of coverage on my zurich warranty, outlining the coverage in a brochure he gave me. When I did proceed to buy the car, the finance person ran through all the paperwork in less than 30 min.

This car had around 30,000 miles on it. I had to take it back in right away because the windshield wipers weren't working. The service dept told me I needed a new motor, for $400. I told him the wipers were the wrong size. I left. Lo and behold, the wipers, once the right size was installed, worked just fine and still do. The "road noise" got worse. I took it in after my son (a car dealer in another state) told me it was probably a wheel bearing and the wheel bearing was out of my front driver side. They told me they wouldn't fix that either, even though the sales person had lied to me. They eventually were able to cover it under my "warranty" but I had to pay the $100 deductible.

Fast forward to June 2019. I have been experiencing a squeak and hard turning and took my car into get looked at, thinking it was the power steering. On the brochure given to me by the sales guy, it said the power steering pump was covered. Not so, say the service guys and the warranty rep. I only have a powertrain warranty which doesn't cover the repairs. Interestingly enough, the warranty person told me, "I don't understand how the dealership can claim this vehicle is certified, I have no history that it came with a manufacturer certification. They shouldn't have said that."

They quoted me well over $1000 for a power steering pump and a pressure line. I got another quote for almost $400 less for the repairs and will be taking my car elsewhere from now on. I won't ever use this dealership for another purchase nor use their service dept again. I feel like there was a bait and switch done, especially since the car is not certified and the warranty is limited.

Original review: May 30, 2019

On May 6th I had a collision and had my car towed to Russ Darrow because that is where I bought my car. In the days following the crash I called Russ Darrow several times to get information on my car, how far they had made it and what not. Not only could I not get a phone call back but they eventually they did not even answer the phones. Two weeks after my crash when I finally got a phone call from the body shop Sean or Steve I don't know his name. He called to tell me that he had not started my car or even looked at it because he had no info on the car and that no insurance adjuster had ever came out and gave him an estimate, claim, or anything of that sort.

I told him that it was impossible because I had a quote no less than five days after the accident happened from the insurance adjuster myself. This was a lie because one of the times that I had called and gotten someone behind the desk the woman informed me that the insurance adjuster had been there and she was there along with the supervisor when he took a look at the car. Sean said that this was something that he needed or else he could not start work on my car. I told him if that was the case why didn't he return my many phone calls last week and I could have gotten the information over to him promptly. I am more than understanding when you say that you are a week behind work okay whatever. But when that week turns into 2 weeks and I called numerous times and I don't get a phone call back and I have to come there physically in person taking a day off from my work it is really frustrating.

I have to pay $160 to have my car removed from that lot and taking it to another Collision Center where it could get started right away. A phone call. A phone call. A phone call. Is that so hard Russ Darrow. Isn't that like customer service 101? And then they never even owned up to the fact that they were wrong. They tried to make it seem like it was all the insurance fault in the insurance problem. I had no problem communicating with insurance and then shouldn't have no problem getting the information over. There was never any apologies issued or anything to make me feel as if they actually cared about the fact that I bought a car. This is not somewhere I would recommend anyone to go to purchase a car or get any type of work done.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

If I could give them 0 stars I would. The manager there Adam is extremely rude. I was taken advantage of from the very beginning. Extremely low trade value for my car and when I wanted to remove extended warranty on my car and come to find out you don’t get the whole warranty amount back because they “pro-rate” it even if you have had the car for under one year which I was not told that I’m the beginning. I then needed to find a more economical car instead of the one I had bought only 8 months previously and they were no help at all.

I was constantly pulled in all different directions and told I only had one option from them. Whatever happened to customer respect and treating them with some dignity. After leaving the dealership I was called right after saying they did not want my business ever again. Awful place to deal with and would highly recommend looking elsewhere for a Mazda or any other car for others. Please let my lesson be a lessons learned for all.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

A Russ Darrow dealership sold me a new Honda that was actually gray market vehicle. While the vehicle was fit for admissions and operating in the U.S., it was a Canadian vehicle and as such, I was not eligible for a Honda warranty. None of this was explained during the sales transaction, and I didn't find out until the extended warranty I purchased (after much pressure) arrived and it wasn't from Honda. When I tried to discuss the situation with the dealership manager, my concerns were brushed aside, not even acknowledged. I still buy Hondas, but from another dealership in the area. I'm fortunate to have that option.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Have tried to contact them several times and will not fix their mistake. For one the $3,000 rebate had nothing to do with finance of the vehicle. Also according to the financial department was not required to have gap insurance. So now they have screwed me on $3,895 + tax. I will be turning over to my attorney if they cannot fix this and refund my money. My vehicle is a 2019 which was paid off in less than 30 days. So they act all nice then they refuse to fix their lame dog problem. Go to your own bank. They also lied about financing from summit and UW credit union. They quoted me 2.9% lower than their own financing place. Gave them a good review in first 39 minutes. Big mistake.

Russ Darrow Group Company Information