Find a Car Dealerships partner

3. Car Dealerships

1.6/5 (64 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Russ Darrow Group

Russ Darrow strives to create an exciting and rewarding atmosphere for every employee which will then reflect in superior service to you. Total customer satisfaction is our ultimate goal whenever we open our doors. We realize that the only way we will meet our goal of superior customer service is to be passionate about our customers and the products we sell and service. Our mission is to turn this passion into an undying effort to serve and satisfy you throughout your entire ownership experience.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Russ Darrow Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Russ Darrow Group?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Russ Darrow Group?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

My husband and I came into the Mazda dealership in Brown Deer. Our sales person (Josh) was fine but the General Manager and Sales Manager were insulting and disrespectful about price negotiations. When we discussed price they said they would come down $50. HOW INSULTING!!! So we walked. We then decided to return since we really wanted that car, the sales manager said they were going to RAISE the price so that we would feel like we got a "good deal" at the price we tried to negotiate from the beginning. WE WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM DARROW!!! We will be telling all our friends in Brookfield and everywhere about our HORRIFIC and DISRESPECTFUL experience we had with this dealership.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

On October 20, 2018 I have a scheduled appointment for my 2009 Nissan Murano LE to bring into Russ Darrow Nissan located at 11212 W Metro Auto Mall Milwaukee, WI 53224 at 2:00pm for an oil change. I arrived upon my arrival time and the gentlemen which he is new, I don’t know his name, he was nice and generous and got all my information for my vehicle right away to get my 2009 Nissan Murano LE into service. I always sit down on the stool chairs me and my son Moe to see how things work when they do the oil change and inspection checks on my vehicle.

Everything was going perfect until it came to the point one of the service maintenance took out the engine air filter. I was aware that the service guy, the new one that is working there was going to approach me with it since it looked bad. The hood of my vehicle was open and then the one of the service guy took it out, which I don’t know his name. Once he walked away, another service guy name **, he slams my hood on my 2009 Nissan Murano LE so hard, for no reason at all, literally there was no need to close or slam that hard due to the fact my engine air filter was still out.

So, I went to go approach the service guy, the new one that took my information when I walked in and he told me that, "Your battery test has failed, and your engine air filter needs to be changed." I told him, "Let's hold off for it now," and then told him to tell **, the service guy to not touch or work on my vehicle please, in a nice manner and professionally. The service guy went to go tell him. I went to go sit back down by the window to continue to watch the team work on my vehicle and then ** points his finger at me through the glass and says, “You don’t want me to touch your vehicle anymore”? and then I nodded my head and said “Yes please don’t touch anymore, thank you”. He said “Okay, ** You” and gave me both of his middle fingers.

I got so intense and upset at this point. I went to get one of the showroom manager right away and told him what just happened, and he couldn’t believe it. Then ** and I started to talk, and I tell him what happened. While I am talking to ** in the middle of the showroom, ** comes out of nowhere and tells me in front of ** and customers and other employees that “I am sick and tired of racist ** like you”! I said back to him “I can’t believe you said that I am racist because it’s not even about that and I am from Africa just like you”. Then he said, “I don’t give a **”! Also, he approached at this moment and tried to fight me in front of everyone. I was just shocked how all of this went down and happen.

After he said that in front of everyone, I was told by ** to hang on tight and he will be right back with me. I waited for 20 mins and ** continued to work on selling a car to someone else which is unprofessional, and my situation escalated very high and I began to contact the police at this point. ** went back to maintenance garage where they service the vehicles including mine and he continued to talk back to me through the window. I was losing my patience because for all just happened, contacted the 76th street location and 91st street location to get help and there was no help given at all from either location and was put on hold over 10 min for each one. I then I asked for the store manager. The store manager which I believe is ** came and grabbed me while I was on the phone with the police.

I finished the call with the police and then ** took me and my son Moe into an office and discussed everything that happened. I have everything recorded and you guys also have everything recorded at your dealership. I have been threatened, called names and discriminated for this situation which should haven’t went this far. The solution was they sent ** home and didn’t let me pay $22.50 for my oil change. My son is 24 years old of age and this was his first time seeing someone discriminated his father and calling him name in front of him and employees and customers. I don’t believe this is the right solution to fix this problem and letting my son seeing this happened to his father.

I have been a longtime customer and spent so much money with you guys from purchasing vehicles and services and this is what happens. In the past 10 years I have brought friends and family to purchase and service their vehicles and bought 3 cars prior two years from you guys and after this solution, there should be something way better than this to fix it. Russ Darrow, you guys are a huge dealership, and this is what I get. At this moment, I wouldn’t recommend anyone to come to you guys. But me being called racist, threaten and one of your employees try to fight me in the middle of the dealership, that’s out of control. P.S. Some needs to get back to me ASAP, please this is a big concern.

Original review: July 3, 2018

June of 2015, I wrote a complaint about Russ Darrow Kia Waukesha. They are Jock Suckers!!! I went back in that same dealership to see if they changed, he’ll no, they’ve gotten worse. Whoever that bald head Brandon is, told me he would call me back while he took down my new phone number. I’m still waiting for his call; to talk to him about how my experience was back in 2013, 2 years before the vehicle they sold me caused me to declare bankruptcy, and yes, with a warranty on the vehicle through Fidelity who didn’t want to honor a 2nd engine replacement. But, I can say this, DO NOT BUY A VEHICLE FROM THESE RUSS DARROW DEALERSHIPS ESPECIALLY RUSS DARROW KIA WAUKESHA.

Oh, I forgot to mention that when I tried trade my truck in at another dealership, they told me that the title was branded and that the frame was re welded and seriously bent with a missing skid plate and majority of the underneath weren’t parts of the maker of the truck. When no dealership wouldn’t take a trade or buy the ** truck, I called the bank to come pick that piece of ** up. I filed bankruptcy on the vehicle because the warranty didn’t want to replace the SO CALLED 2nd engine they SO CALLED replaced.

No because of Amato Hyundai, they provided me a vehicle that I wanted WITHOUT HASSLE, 5 year term and paid in 2 years. Amato erased the funky stains and burdens that Russ Darrow Kia Waukesha had caused. Now I have a vehicle that’s paid off, better credit and normal blood pressure. I suggest that if you walk on a Russ Darrow car lot, please take the time to rethink and haul ** off their lot if you don’t want to ever go through what I've gone through.

Original review: May 12, 2018

My son when to buy his far car, a Mazda CX-5, at Russ Darrow Mazda and what should have been a exciting and milestone experience turned into a nightmare. They simply don't respect customers. They performed a bait and switch by telling us the car was a year newer than it actually was. This only became apparent when we moved to the signing process at which time the salesman and finance manager said it was a 2018 although the VIN number, when obtaining insurance identified, as a 2017. They then took further advantage of him by concealing a significant damage to the paint on the back bumper. They agreed to fix it and simply paint over it rather than sanding and painting it to correct it completely.

To make matters worst, the manager Adam refused to come and talk with him directly and after having the car for 1 day suggested that they would offer an opportunity to trade it for a new car. To make matters worst... I learned that although they identified the finance company verbally they never provided documentation of the company. ALL AROUND MISTAKE to buy a car here!!! No respect for customers, can't be trusted.

Original review: May 8, 2018

This dealership is a JOKE, I would never purchase another vehicle from any of their branches unless you plan on pouring money into it immediately. I had purchased a 2012 Chevy Captiva for $14,000 and in 10 days IT COMPLETELY BROKE DOWN. Plus they will not do anything to help with the cost of repair or anything!!! When I inquired about the vehicle I was told that it was in "great condition with no noticeable cosmetic damage" - this would include a 3" gouge in the rear bumper and an odometer light that flashes on and off.

THE BIG ISSUE was when I was driving the car started beeping with several alarms, the battery was the first. Within 2 minutes the car started shutting down as I was driving on the highway. I was doing 55 MPH when I LOST ALL POWER, INCLUDING POWER STEERING. The car completely shut down while driving. I was then stranded on the side of the road with no power and no heat in zero degree temperatures. This was on the 10TH DAY AFTER PURCHASE.

I took the battery to have it checked and it was then I was told the battery was the wrong size and it was too small to run the car. Obviously this came to a surprise to me, since they boast about their "METICULOUS INSPECTIONS"... So I replace the battery with the appropriate size and the car dies the next day. The alternator was ruined because the wrong part was in the car!!! I had called and spoke to Patrick several times over the course of 5 days (meaning I had to call every time because no one was returning my phone calls). He really made it sound like they would help me out since this WAS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.

Then Shaun the GM called me and basically said if I pay for the $200 tow to their dealership (I live an hour and a half away) that they MAY BE ABLE TO HELP, but I will be definitely be paying them something. I asked if I took it to a certified dealership in my city if they would reimburse me and he absolutely refused anything other than bringing my car (that is not driveable) so they "might be able to fix it".

They said the 12 point inspection does not check for the "right parts" only that the car runs... So they not only sold me a car with the wrong part in it, but also a faulty alternator. I asked Shaun the GM, "all business aside, how would you feel if you worked so hard, and saved for so long and you finally found the car you've been looking for, and pay $14,000 and in less than 10 days it breaks down. How would you feel?" He replies, "This wouldn't have happened to me because I would have bought a warranty to protect my investment". He then went on to tell me that it was "Actually my fault this happened because I didn't purchase their warranty." Verbatim what SHAUN THE GENERAL MANAGER HAD TOLD ME.

This company is nothing but crooks. I'm not only insulted but embarrassed that I actually paid that much for a vehicle just to have it break down in 10 days with no help or sympathy from the dealership. And Russ Darrow, please do not reply asking me to contact you for help because I've already gone to your corporate and they are doing nothing just like Shaun the general manager did. Dwight was a VERY NICE salesman, probably the only highlight of their dealership.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Feeling like "What just happened"! We went to Russ Darrow in Madison to purchase a vehicle. Since our last experience at this dealer was a good experience we chose to go back. Now we feel that was a big mistake. We were greeted at the door by salesman, which we really were there to check out pricing. Next thing we know we are test driving a vehicle that wasn't what we really were there for. After much conversation with this salesman, his demeanor changed and he was very abrupt and rude. I had, had enough so I told my husband we were leaving. You shouldn't be made to feel uncomfortable for asking questions about vehicle and purchase.

After going to my vehicle the General manager came out to make it right. We went back in and the next thing we knew is a vehicle was coming for us to look at next day. Manager told us we wouldn't have to deal with past salesman. Then returning the next day he asked us if we wanted him back to purchase vehicle. When returning at time requested next day, we sat for several hours to see vehicle and purchase vehicle. It was the finance man that was the biggest help. He answered questions we had and didn't make us feel we were a bother.

After our purchase we went to vehicle, waited for someone to come out and show us vehicle and explain features. We noticed chips in door, told him and emailed pictures and try to call General manager. Still no return call. We feel we were rushed through the process and are upset we allowed this to happen. Everyone else at Russ Darrow were pleasant except the salesman we encountered and the fast talking general manager. Sad to say. I don't like to complain but we feel just awful about our experience. Wishful we wouldn't have purchased a vehicle from this dealer.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Bought a 2016 Certified Pre-owned 2016 Kia Sorento in November 2016 from Russ Darrow Kia in Madison Wi. with 4000 miles on it. No problems first year of ownership. Took it to Napleton Kia in Elmhurst Il. for a front tire sensor issue. They charged me for the repair even though the vehicle was, and still is under warranty. Contacted Russ Darrow Kia, they would not pay me back for the repair charged to me. Contacted Kia corporate. They investigated the matter, then said "sir you purchased a used car". The car was sold to me as "Certified Pre-Owned" with a 3 year warranty with no exclusions made known to me. Stay away from Kia and all their dealerships!!! They do not stand behind their products.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I purchased a brand new Dodge Challenger SRT-8 in 2009 at Russ Darrow in West Bend. Since that time I have had all service work done exclusively at Russ Darrow. I had planned on scheduling my routine fall oil change next week along with a tire rotation. However while addressing an unrelated matter at Auto Safety Center in West Bend, the auto tech there happened to notice something very concerning. The front tires (245/45R20), were located on the rear of the Challenger, while the wider rear tires (255/45R20) were on the front. Again only Russ Darrow has ever serviced my vehicle.

The last tire rotation was performed there on Oct. 15th, 2015. I find it incredibly disconcerting that because of Russ Darrow's negligence I had been operating my vehicle with the wider rear tires in the front for the last two years. I forwarded my experience to Service and Parts Manager Adam **. I received no answer. No "I'm sorry this happened," or "What can we do to make this right?" Nothing, no response. Needless to say I will be taking my car elsewhere for all future service.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Yesterday I finally got my SUV back from Russ Darrow Nissan of Sheboygan. I took it in to have the car buffed and cleaned on July 21st. The porter called in sick so had to reschedule. Took it back on July 25th. This was a one day service. I got a call at 4:45 pm that they needed to keep it overnight. July 26th I did not get a call. July 27th they called and said it was done so I went to get it. The car had scratches in the paint, swirls, wax all over the convertible top and all over the black plastic. They must have hit the headlight lens because they were foggy. And there was a fresh 10 inch scratch in my windshield with glass chips still on car. They said they would make it right and wet sand the car and take care of the issues and I said fine. They did not offer a loaner. I left and then thought this is not right. I called David my Service Tech and he said come get one so I did. Aug 2nd I emailed David to see what was up. Heard nothing.

Aug 3rd I called David. He said the car is looking good and they are just finishing up on it. I asked about the windshield scratch and he said I would have to talk to the Service Manager. I did not get a call that day. Aug 4th I got an email from Nicole ** Paralegal for Russ Darrow telling me they are not repairing my windshield and to go get my vehicle. I called her and asked her to talk to David Service Tech and ask him how my car looked when I brought it in and I also emailed her all the pictures I took on July 25th before taking the car in along with the pictures from the dealer I bought it from. Aug 4th she emailed back at 2:20 and said they would pay for the windshield and I should take it in and have them bill Russ Darrow. I called the place and they said they would only do it at the dealer, I called Nicole and told her this and she emailed me Aug 4th at 2:51 and said she would touch base with me on Monday Aug 7th.

I did not hear for anyone. Aug 8th. I emailed her asking what is going on. She emailed back and said the window is in and that the installer made a mess of the vehicle so they are cleaning it up and it will be ready at 5 pm. Note service department closes at 5 pm. Also there is no charge. I emailed asking who did the windshield and was it a Nissan OEM windshield and that I would not be able to pick it up until the next morning because I was in Two Rivers. She emailed the company that did the work but nothing about if it was a Nissan OEM windshield and that tomorrow would be fine. Aug 9th I went to pick up my SUV. I did not get there until 5:05. I went to the cashier who was not very friendly. She had me sign an invoice and I asked for a copy. She said, “Why? You did not pay anything.” I said, “To prove what was done.”

She gave me one with attitude and then said, “Nicole told me to have someone do a walk around my SUV” and she said, “No one is here.” There was a guy by file cabinets in office and he said he would do it. We walked out to my SUV and I saw the windshield molding hanging out of the side. I asked him if he could write this down as I took pictures and he did. He was very nice and must have said sorry 5 times as we walked around my vehicle. Still had the issues from the last time beside the scratch in windshield. I then got in the car to put top down a little so I could see the back deck and the car would not start. He said it would take about 30 minutes to charge and with the other issues would I like to take the loaner back. I said fine (I had the loaner washed inside and out and filled it up before bring it back I might note).

Aug 9th 9:17 pm I emailed Nicole all the pictures and what had happened and that they put in car aftermarket windshield and rear view mirror mount and that my auto start was mounted to the windshield so you could see it and wires were exposed. Aug 10th Nicole emailed back with the email I posted in earlier post. To me it was insulting and called my SUV Salvage which it is not. It was almost mint and never in any floods or accidents and only has 15000 miles on it. Now keep in mind at this point they have had my SUV for 15 days for a one day buff and cleaning and all I did was trust them with my new SUV that I had only had about 25 days when I took it in. Aug 10th I called my lawyer to get advice. He said, “Get your car out of there and take it to be fixed right and send them the bill and if they do not pay we will take them to court.”

I called David Service Tech and said I will be in to get my and at this point I do not want anyone else touching it. He said ok. I got to Russ Darrow Nissan of Sheboygan about 45 minutes later to find that the windshield place had repaired the molding and they did try to make some of the issues look better. I then recorded the rest of my time at the dealership. I was treated rude and if I seem a little pissed I think I have good reason to be. This has had me so stressed out and it is not over yet. I still need to have the vehicle repaired right and then I am sure I will have to take them to court. But I have tons of pictures, emails and videos every step of the way.

Today Aug 11th I got in the car and the windshield was leaking from the rain and then to make things worse the battery was dead. I have been very understanding and pretty calm considering what they put me through. If this helps just one person not have to go through this it will be worth it to me. God Bless.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I'd only like to warn other consumers of the unprofessional business practices I experienced at Russ Darrow Honda. Please be very careful that you clearly understand the exact cost for anything you buy from them. They came back to me a month after my purchase and asked for more money for the item I bought because they made an internal accounting mistake. This issue has lingered and now they have sent my bill to collections. Please proceed carefully in doing business with Russ Darrow.

Russ Darrow Group Company Information