Quirk Ford

Quincy, MA

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased a brand new 2016 Ford Explorer from Quirk Ford on 01/05/2016, since I've have 6 different issues with this truck as follows. 1. Window defect, had to take it twice to have it fixed. 2. Front bumper peeled, they replaced the bumper, gave me the truck, a mess. Even the repair manager agreed that that's not right. They detailed it. 3. Truck stalled 5 times on the highway with my family in (bad part throttle control). 4. Truck is now leaking power steering fluid. 5. Rear seat leather stitches are falling apart. 6. Sun roof gasket is pulling up.

I've contacted Quirk regarding these issues, they are fixing the issues but they don't think that the truck ID a defect. After all these issues they think I should trade it in after 8 month and only 1 oil change and only 5,980 miles on it only and lose over $16,000.00 in the trade so that they don't call for headquarters and explain the issues on my behalf since I bought the truck from them but they would rather I trade it and lose my hard earned money so that they can make money. And what do they care, they would rather me keep repairing a brand new SUV because they get reimbursed from Ford motors. I will never do business with Quirk Ford ever again or Ford motors in general. What a bad brand this is and remember that I personally bought 3 vehicles from them in the past 2 years.

I took in my truck for tune up, oil change, and spark plugs changed and the cost was $1077.00. They told me the truck was running fine. The truck was not running as good as when I took it in. I called and told them about this and they made another appointment. This time they told me I had a intake vacuum hose not attached. They wanted $200.00 to reattach. They then called back again and said I had a leak in the intake gasket and wanted $700.00 for that job. At this time I told them not to do anymore.

I took the truck to C. W. Repair and had the work done at a cost of $400.00. The truck was still running bad after this so I had them do a diagnostic. They called me back and told me that three plugs were misfiring. They changed the plugs and the truck ran fine. Quirk Ford did not change plugs. I took the plugs back to Quirk Ford to show them. They said that they did change plugs but would give me money back for the plugs but not the labor. The cost of this was $456.61. I would not take just money for plugs. I highly suspect all work and cost that Quirk Ford done. The cost to me between Quirk Ford and c.w. repair was $2060.00.

Today I write this after thoroughly investigating all evidence and wrongdoings that took place regarding the purchase of my 2014 Ford Focus SE at Quirk Ford in Quincy, MA as well as the Ford Motor Company as a whole. This is a formal complaint against Quirk Ford. For the record and to document this properly, I, Dana **, began working with Quirk Ford approximately December 2014 to purchase a 2014 Ford Focus SE. I knew the vehicle that I was interested in. After so many years of not having one, a new car payment. Upon making the decision, finally I did purchase the 2014 Ford Focus Sport Edition on December 18, 2014. I have many concerns that happened throughout the process of this transaction. This will explain said concerns, and I have attached a more detailed explanation of events.

First, upon arriving at Quirk Ford I was coaxed into driving multiple cars by the salesman Mr. Jeff ** that I was not interested in. I even stated that and asked to not waste my time test driving cars unless it was the Ford Focus SE. Then I sat down and told them what I wanted to pay and where I needed to be at as a single mother with one income. Mr. Dan ** now came to the table to get involved in this purchase. They tried to switch vehicles on me several times to make me think that the one in question which was on the lot was priced wrong. Mr. ** were very unprofessional during the sale by making sexual comments to me about my sexual orientation. Mr. ** stated multiple times about same-sex relations and asked how it worked. I was also misled by Mr. ** about the amount I was suppose to receive on the trade in of my current vehicle, a 2003 Jeep Wrangler. I was told the amount I would receive was 8,500.00.

Being a military veteran I was able to receive several discounts such as Welcome Home Bonus 500.00, not required to pay sales tax, and not required to pay for tags and/or registration. I was also told I would receive 1,500.00 rebate. I was told by Mr. ** that all of my discounts and my trade in would bring the total cost of the car to 9,000.00. Next, I was told by Mr. Dan ** that Citizens Bank had agreed to finance the amount for the car at a 6% interest rate. When I asked to sit down and read all of these facts in writing, I was told that is not their procedure any longer. I signed two papers that day and was told the contract would come to me in the mail.

After multiple phone calls requesting the contract, I received it 2 weeks later via mail. As I began to review the documents it became apparent that I did not receive the previous quote trade in value agreed upon for my 2003 Jeep Wrangler. I did not receive the military discounts as promised, and I was charged the full Mass sales tax on the new vehicle. I also became aware of the fact that Citizens Bank did not finance my new vehicle but Santander Financial did at a 21% interest rate. With all of this done, I will pay a total of 38,000.00 for a vehicle I was told would only cost me 9,000.00.

On all of the documents that were sent to me via mail in the contract the signatures of my name were forged. I only signed two piece of paper on the date purchased. I did not sign these documents, and it is easy to see that it isn’t my authentic signature. In fact the signatures all seem to be different. Since receiving these fraudulent documents, I have made an effort to contact Quirk Ford and the head of the Ford company. I spoke with the General Manager, Mike Quirk, in an effort to resolve the issue. Mr. Quirk slapped paperwork out of my hand, knocked books out of my arm, and told me to “Sit the ** down!” I left immediately and have only made phone calls yet, I have received no response to date.

Just bought a truck there and everybody was really nice and helpful so far. I bought the truck March 30, 2015 so at least I have no problems with my new truck yet.

Simple: I went on the net seeking a new truck, filled out the loan application online, was called and told to come take a look. They claimed to have 163 F-150s on site. My credit is not so great, but I wanted to be honest and have a plan if this was going to work out. The appointment was made and I traveled to the dealership - over a 1-hour trip for me. When I arrived, the salesman had no clue as to what I was looking for and he seemed confused.

The finance guy simply dropped the ball and seemed confused! They had less than 10 trucks that fit my needs and I did my homework and arrived at their dealership on time as I promised! They simply did not have any focus! To top it all off, they had me fill out another finance application and left all my information lying on a desk near the entrance for all to see! I did buy a truck (Ford) later that day at another Ford dealer closer to home. They did a great job! So, don't waste your time traveling to Quincy or corresponding via email with these confused people! What a waste of time!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quirk Auto Dealers?

I brought my Quirk bought 1998 Ford Taurus to the service department for a leaking radiator hose, and inquired about a tune up. They informed me that it would be $40 to check the radiator hoses and new spark plugs would cost $750.00. When I asked why so much for spark plugs, they said that the top of the engine would have to be removed for access to the spark plugs. I said, “Just fix the leaky radiator hose, it runs great, and I just figured that while it was in for repair, maybe it was time for a tune up. But for $750.00, forget it. Just fix the radiator hose.” They said they would call and let me know what was up with the leak and an estimate. So I got the call and they found two bad radiator hoses, $550.00. So I say okay, fix it and they did.

Two weeks later, my car is pouring antifreeze, so I take it back to Quirk Ford. They charged me $40 again to check my hoses and find all my heater hoses needed to be replaced and the cost is another $550.00. I needed the car so I said yes, fix it. When I picked the vehicle up and ask why it was so expensive, they told me that the top of the engine (intake manifold) had to be removed to get to the heater hoses. I said, we could have done those spark plugs while the engine was apart. He said, “Yeah, I noticed (on computer) you inquired about new spark plugs.”

I can't believe they didn't call and ask if I wanted to install the spark plugs while the engine was apart. So I picked the car up and about two hours later, the engine light is on and I need an inspection sticker within a week so I called Quirk Ford and they said, “Bring it in.” So I dropped it off again. They called to inform me that the mechanic did not install new gaskets when putting the top of the engine back together and it would only cost me $67.00 for the gaskets, no charge for the labor. Okay, fix it, I need the car. So I picked the car up and got an inspection sticker. Case closed, I thought.

Two weeks later, I took the vehicle for its 3,000-mile oil change. They showed me a sample of my antifreeze. It was all rusty and wouldn't pass. I couldn't believe it, so I checked it out myself. I just spent over $1100.00 on my cooling system and it won't pass the antifreeze test. I can't believe they used my old antifreeze. A year prior to all this work, they had done rear brakes and a wire harness in the driver's door. I just found out why the driver’s door freezes in the winter and won't close. Whoever was in there last didn't put the vapor barrier back in (water gets inside the door) and they must have lost the correct screw in the door handle, (there is a large screw with a big rubber grommet on it sticking out) and no new wire harness on the door. I wish I had asked for the replaced (old) wire harness. Oh, yeah, the rear brakes were just done again. It seems whoever did the rear disc brakes last (Quirk) never lubed the sliders and now they're frozen. It’s too bad; I went to the dealer because I thought I could trust them.

They are slick talkers, change the rules of the game, are deceitful, evasive and untruthful. Stay away from this company.I was overcharged by 5K.

Not only were the sales people lacking any type of experience or better yet personality, their financing person completely mislead me. He knowingly lied to me and then when I called to complain, he basically called me a liar even though my husband was there and he lied to us both. I will NEVER buy a vehicle from them again and I will make sure that anyone and everyone I can speak with does not buy from them either.

We are being charged more than what we were told and they could care less.

Fords. NO FLOOR MATS. When I caught the Chevy salesman taking the mats he retaliated by stealing my owners manual. I dont get it!!! WHY FLOOR MATS?

This practice continues even today so be vigilant!! The mechanic told me the sales staff will use every trick in the book to supplement their commission.

EX. XM Radio, additional warranties, accessorys, etc. because the cost of some advertised cars are fixed; so sales people get small fixed commissions. The rest is up to them to soak you for additional crap you don't need. They get a better deal when you lease, meaning' they get a check the day of the sale.

Usually from built in charges in the financing. Always try to bring someone with you when you deal with these characters the paper shuffle is amazing...GOOD LUCK

Complaining and writing is a waste of time.

When leaving lot from service apt. after picking up vehicle, noticed something missing from inside. Spoke to service and was immediately verbally threatened and accused by above person. Was spoken to in a derogatory manner and felt physically ill. He was in my space and too close in my face, and getting angrier by the second. Also thought my 5 year old son was in a verbally abusive situation.

Asked to speak to manager or anyone besides himself, which did not happen, and eventually actually yelled out that he would mail me the part.

months. These guys are horrible communicators. Never call, no status, it's always one more week, I was even told that they couldn't work one day because it was too hot...!!!!!!!!!!

rent-a-car bill because of these guys.

Advice...if you ever get into an accident have the autobody shop give you a loaner car as part of the deal...

bill because of these guys.

. I brought it back to the dealer because the back hatch window kept flying open as I drove it. I also needed my first oil change so figured I would just have them do that as well.

inches of rain in three days.

My car was soaked to say the least. water was coming out of the radio, the heating system, the interiror roof, the carpets were soaked and when I opened the door water splashed onto my feet from the amount that had piled up on the floor boards.

Needless to say my truck was completely ruined on the inside and wouldn't even start. As I am looking in awe at my destroyed brand new car. The service manager Jay Larkin offered me a towel to solve this problem. I told him I am not accepting this vehicle and that a towel would not cut it. He got in his car and left me standing in the parking lot by myself. The service office had just closed for the evening and I had to call someone to come and get me.

I called my insurance company to submit a claim and went back to the dealer that same evening to video tape the damage. It is a good thing I did

a..m. the next day and tried to vaccum and dry it off. There efforts were useless because the car was so saturated it was still dripping from the interiror ceiling.

was I don't know. Okay so you don't know who owns this place I asked him again. Again he responded no.

At this point I am in awe of the blatent stupidity of this person. I asked him for a copy of the service report. He said he couldn't pull it up. I stood there and looked at him and said that I will call the police if he didn't give me a record of what he had done to my car and when. He then proceeded to give me the report.

He then tells me I have to leave his service area and wait outside. This was his idea of customer service.

I had a flatbed truck come and pick up my truck and proceeded to call the GM Tom Quirk. I left two messages for him and when I finally got him not only did he stick up for Jay but hung up on me. I was floored to say the least.

These people destroyed my brand new car, don't apologize and go one further and blame me for it. The bottom line is they took my keys and they are responsible for the car. It is completely ruined. But the horrific treatment I recieved from these morons was a real lesson to me of how idiotic and cowardly people can really be. Not only will I never ever do business with QUIRK FORD but I will tell anyone I know how they treated me.

Bottom line. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH QUIRK FORD EVER

miles on it and destroyed.

. the first car everything imaginable went wrong with this car. it was in the shop more times than i drove it. the file i have is about three inches thick. i called the owner, wrote letter to the company and no one want to take responsiblility for the car.

i need the entire brake system replaces. i mean EVERYTHING. from the pad to teh calipiers to the roters plus the spindels. i am having the same pattern with the first car. these are major problems and i travel a lot for my second job. i don't feel safe in this car and all i want is all the money i put into both these car back. i don't think that is a lot to ask for because someone is going to get hurt, if not dead, in one of these cars. i am at my wits end and no one wants to help me. please tell me what to do and who to go to.

but I trusted him.

There are two frustrating parts with this interaction. When I brought the car for service as promised the Service person Dan said unequivocally no and told me to back to sales. I asked him to call with me which he refused. He went further to say you know sales people, they will do whatever it takes to move a car that day and that they won't fix it. I went to Sales and Dave Mullin was not in that day and relayed what I was told by Service including the comment that they, Sales, are seperate and will do what it take to move a car. Later that day the Service Manager Jay called me to say that they cant get this resolved until the following day when Dave Mullin returns. The Sales Manager said you need a front end alignment and we will cover that for the trouble.

When Dave Mullin returned the comments from Service about Sales apparently caused conflict. The Sales Manager got very irate and said no way will I now cover the alignment and that Dan would never say those things about Sales. The Sales person,Dave Mullin, also said I never agreed to any of the fixes. Service, the previous day, told me fixes comes out of the Sales person's pocket which apparently is driving the deceiptful behavior.

I am fortunate to make a good wage so a few hundred dollars is not an issue. The part that concerns me is that this is the way they do business and I have never been lied to in such a deceiptful way. I strongly caution anyone before doing business with Quirk to be aware and would encourage you to take your business to another dealer.

I had to pay a few hundred dollars to remedy the situation.

The truck is now having problems and I was having trouble finding a record of my warranty. When I called Quirk, they said because you haven't had your car serviced here in the last twelve months, we have no record of your warranty. After I said that made no sense, the gentleman I spoke to got incredibly rude and said, What do you want us to do? Keep track of every single car we have ever sold... forever? Finally, I was able to track down my sales agreement and the warranty program. I called Ford directly and they looked up the warranty information.

month warrranty that was never going to come remotely close to the miles.

, test drove one, and settled on the truck I liked. During the evaluation I had the price of the vehicle quoted to me many times.

After choosing a vehicle, we sat down and began the paperwork, but had to continue the next day because it was closing time for the dealer. I came back promptly the next day, continued the paperwork, and in the middle of it all, the sales manager comes over saying we have a little problem. It seems the vehicle they promised me at the advertised price had suddenly increased in price to nowhere near what was originally quoted. The best answer I got when I questioned why the price had gone up overnight was, We didn't know that yesterday, Ford changes the price on us every day.

I was angered by this and left the showroom. Just to confirm my suspicion, I called several other dealers. None of them have ever had an instance where Ford suddenly changed a price on them overnight. But because I was not under agreement, in writing, at the originally quoted price, I was told I had no recourse.

Folks, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AT QUIRK. Since this incident I've talked to coworkers, friends, and relatives who all had something similar to say about Quirk Ford. If the deception isn't obvious up front, it'll come at some step of the process, guaranteed. Quirk Ford is simply out to take advantage of people. I wouldn't walk back into their lot if they were giving cars away.

hours of my time.

foot bed.

CD player, and back up alarm with the lariat package. We agreed, and went through the financing process, gave them cash down, and he said the truck would arrive in two weeks.
Two weeks past, we had the title with the vin # to register it, and we returned with the plates.
foot bed. Jason was speechless for a moment, and then took a deep breath and said, I don't know what to say, you're right, I'm sorry. Then pasued, and said,Geez...I really feel terrible about this, another pause...wow, I can't believe I didn't even notice. He again said, I don't know what to say, this deal is irreversible. Maybe you could get a bed extender, let me show you one.

vehicle.

Then he added insult to the situation, he offered us the option to pruchase one at cost!!! Whew!!! My husband remained quite clam given the situation, the salesman was sweating bullets, to put it mildly. It was a cool morning to say the least, and his forehead was beaded up with sweat, he knew he had made a large error, and he knew this was not the truck we were expecting. It was clearly something he over-looked on his card. He then spoke to his Sales Mangaer, Aaron, who states he spoke to Tom Quirk, who said there was nothing he would do in regard to the situation, and that he would not offer a bed extender, it was out of his hands.

As I stood next to this 4 foot sign sitting in the middle of Quirk's showromm describing their Blue Oval Customer Satisfaction, I wanted to place it in a much less comfortable location. I said to Jason, This sign is a joke, who are you kidding? You led us to believe we were buying a truck other than the one that is sitting out there, and you know Damn well you made the mistake. What did you tell your sales manager? He replied, My management will represent me, and that's all I can say.

feet. There was no point in arguing, he kept repeating, Our hands are tied you won this truck. Jason then took us aside, and said,If I were you, I would contact Dan Quirk himself, you can go over Tom Quirk's head. I'm sure Dan will return your call, he may even offer to trade the truck out. What ever that means.

We left the Dealership, quite distraught, and planned to contact Dan Quirk. I looked on the website for Quirk Ford, and there is no way to contact Dan Quirk directly. The contact is with the sales department...and I'm sure that's the route to take!!! Sooo...I called Quirk Ford on Tuesday and spoke with a very peasant receptionist, expained our situation, and asked her how to get in touch with Dan Quirk the Owner. She immediately directed me to Tom Quirk.

My husband contacted Tom Quirk, and Mr. Quirk had nothing more to say than, it's not my problem, you bought the truck, there's nothing I am going to do to resolve the issue.

My husband told Tom Quirk that two people had warned him about going to Quirk Ford, because of their bad reputation and lack of professionalism; Tom Quirk's response was, I guess you should have listened
I sure hope his brother has better business sense than to keep an individual who lacks integrity and morals around. Well, I guess they say blood is thicker than water...but how about honor, integrity, and respect.
Needless to say, we have located Dan Quirk's address, and we intend to at least try to let him know what has occurred at his Dealership. We have also contacted our lawyer who recommended that we notify the Attorney General's office, as well as the Massachusetts Better Business Bureau.
We spoke to Ford Motor Company who is forwarding our complaint to the Consumer Satifaction/Complaint Manager...who knows what will happen.

We are unable to utilize this vehicle as specifically intended for my husband's work. The cargo that he transports cannot be exposed to weather, it has to be covered, and dry.

DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO BE SERVICED AT QUIRK FORD! They do not care a/b the individual client. They think that they don't need to care, b/c they're the only licensed Ford place in the Boston area. But smaller, private service centers do quality, more affordable work, and they care a/b your business and your word-of-mouth contribution to their reputation.
, and that the work order I signed had not specified a time. Also true.

, and my trust in Quirk's concern for consumer satisfaction has been shaken to the point that, from now on, I will only go there for recalls. No more paying business from me!

I purchased a new 2002 Ford Focus from Quirk Ford in July 2002. I've taken my car to them for all preventative maintenance, every 3 months, ever since. On January 31, 2004, I paid more than $200.00 for one of their preventative maintenance service packages (Service C) which included checking the brakes and brake pads. I got my car back when they were finished servicing the vehicle and was told everything looked good.

The week before there was a grinding noise on occasion when I applied the brakes, but since Massachusetts has had tons of snow I figured it must be dirt on the brake pads, and believed this to be the case after my car got a clean bill of health at the preventative maintenance service. The day after service my brakes were still making a grinding noise, but by Monday it stopped again. Through out the next week it was on and off until Saturday (one week after service) it was so bad I didn't feel comfortable driving the car.

I drove back to Quirk Ford and asked them to look at it. I was told then that it desperately needed new brakes, and when I asked the service technician if I could drive it, he said no. They needed to be done right away. I spent $367.00 getting new brakes. He gave me $50.00 off since he agreed it should have been seen the week before.

I sent a letter to the service manager, Jay Larkin, and the General Manager, Tom Quirk, to which I have never even received a reply.

I spent $200 for preventative maintanence I didn't actually get. I don't believe that they serviced my car properly, otherwise they would have seen that I needed new brakes on January 31, 2004.

These guys are so dishonest they make Enron look like boy scouts.

Unfortunately, a family friend and I didn't find this out until it was too late. Hopefully those of you researching Quirk on the web will read these stories before making the same mistake we did. Here's our tale:

Our friend bought a pre-owned 1996 Ford Windstar with approximately 55,000 miles from Quirk in April 2002. Fortunately, she also purchased an extended warranty from a third-party, but I'll get to that later.

At the end of three months (conveniently, just after the 90 day Lemon Law term expired!), the transmission needed to be rebuilt. Quirk sub-contracted the work out to a local shop. Sure enough, less than 1 year later, the transmission problems re-appeared.

At first, Jay Larkin, the Service Manager, denied there was a problem. He then referred our friend to the local shop that performed the work, who denied the work had even been done, muttering something about a money dispute with Quirk. So she then returned to Quirk, which agreed to resolve the matter.

After a week without a car, Quirk still denied there was a problem. So she picked the car up, and less than a few days later, the transmission problems reappeared. This time, when she brought the car into Quirk, the Service Department instantly recognized the transmission problem and, incredulously, also realized the engine needed to be rebuilt! And so she once again left the car for service and drove away in a rental car they provided.

Over the next two weeks, she called and visited the dealership several times to check on the status of the repair, but was repeatedly told they had not yet received authorization from the Warranty company. During this time, Quirk had completely disassembled the engine and the transmission in order to seek authorization from the warranty adjuster.

After nearly two weeks of limbo, Quirk finally called my distraught friend back and said they still didn't have authorization, but offered to sell her another car... I can only assume to avoid having to make the repair. At this point, no written acknowledgment of the problem or estimate of repair costs had been furnished to our friend, even though they had completely disassembled the entire drive train of the car in order to try and fix the problem! I likened it to a contractor dissambling your house's entire plumbing and electrical system, then not providing a written estimate of how much it would cost to put everything back together. Unbeliveable, right?

This is where I intervened on our friend's behalf to help sort out her options. When I inquired about the authorization, Jay said it had been provided a week earlier, but that our friend wanted '...to get into another car,' which is why the work had not yet been done. He was happy to acknowledge over the phone that the car needed a new engine and that the valve body on the transmission was cracked, but he steadfastly refused to provide a written acknowledgment of that fact. This, of course, was a lie, because I called the warranty company to inquire if authorization had indeed been given for the repair, and their reply was 'no.' The adjuster I spoke with confirmed they had talked about coverage with Quirk, but that nothing had been authorized. Moreover, the adjuster said the transmission work wouldn't even be covered, since the contract didn't cover service defects.

The bottom line is that Quirk sold our friend a lemon, then screwed up by sub-contracting out the original transmission work to a cut-rate shop. And while grudingly acknowledging there was a problem, they manipulated the truth to limit their financial exposure. I can only guess they were concerned that a written confirmation of the problem or estimate of repairs would be incriminating. The honest thing to do would have been to admit they sold her a bad car, own up to the poor sub-contracting decision and hold our friend harmless. But that's probably too much to ask from these clowns.

Ironically, the Google entry below this complaint site is an entry recording Quirk's good standing status with the Southeastern Massachusetts Chapter of the Better Business Bureau. What a joke! In addition to fighting your battles out with Quirk and holding them to every penny they owe you, as well as seeking legal redress where appropriate, the most effective, cheapest and easiest thing any of you can do to demonstrate there's a consequence to this kind of F... You attitude is to lodge a complaint with the BBB, as it will establish a permanent record of their tactics. Perhaps then it will spur more of us to pause in the future before throwing our money to Quirk -- the only thing these unethical businessmen seem to care about.

The car, at best is worth, less than $2,000, several thousand dollars below what our friend owes on the loan.

I stumbled onto this site and noticed other postings about Quirk Dealerships and thought I would add my own. I'm pretty dissapointed in myself for not pushing back on Quirk for this situation but hopefully by posting this, others may be forewarned.

I bought a 2000 Explorere XLT from Quirk Ford about two years ago. It was used but we were excited about it because the truck was fully loaded and only had about 4,100 miles on it. We asked if it had been in any accidents and we were told it hadn't. We were told it was part of an executive rental program in Canada and that they often switch out cars and we got lucky because this one had such low mileage. We agreed on a price and I went to pick the truck up three days later. When I picked up the truck, the milage had gone from just about 4,100 to just over 8,000.

I guess in the grand scheme of things it's not a huge deal but what they had obviously done is sold the truck and then used it a TON over the three days to avoid putting miles on an unsold vehicle. Also... about a week and a half later, when the wax job they put on it worn off, you could tell that the front passenger quarter panel had been replaced because the red paint was much more dull then the rest of the truck. Over time, it's faded unevenly from the rest of the truck to the point where it's easily noticed that the truck had the part replaced, even after a heavy waxing. Yeah, maybe it wasn't in an accident but it's absolutely had body work done to it. Who knows, maybe because it was from Canada, they weren't required to file the damage report.

I live about two miles from Quirk Ford, know know a couple people who have bought cars from there and not one of us will ever make that mistake again.

My car has been recalled 4 times. I have a 2000 Ford Focus. I had an incident Friday night, January 18, 2002 where my key would not go into the ignition. I called Ford Emergency Road Service to come and tow my car to Quirk Ford. While waiting for the truck, I called the Service Department at Quirk.

I was told by Walter that there had been a bulletin floating around about ignition problems with other Focuses. Why it isn't considered a recall yet, I don't know.

Well, the tow truck showed up and the driver insisted on getting the key in, which he was successful at. He obviously did not want to tow the car leaving me with the dilemma of getting home from the dealership after hours after driving the car myself.

As I was signing paperwok that the car had actually been towed (I assume the driver gets paid more for an actual tow), the door to my car closed and locked with the key in the ignition and the car running! Well, 45 minutes later the driver was able to break in through the driver side door, causing scratches and pulling apart some of the rubber insulation.

I drove the car home and left it for Monday morning, when, wouldn't you know it, the key wouldn't go in. I called 24 hour service and to Quirk Ford the car went. I asked them to fix the ignition, take care of the rear wheel bearings and seal installation (another recall of sorts), and give me an estimate on fixing the chipped paint and rubber that happened when the tow truck driver broke in to my car.

Now, I had to take a day off of work, unpaid, to spend literally hours on the phone with customer service and file a claim with Emergency Road Service to get the damage taken care of so that I don't have to pay for it.

I asked Jay at Quirk to please make sure the estimate for the window get taken care of as Emergency Road Service Claims Center needed two estimates. He assured me it would get done. Well, it did not!

I left with my car today, in a hurry to make it to work. When I arrived at work, I realized that the estimate was not there. I called Jay. He informed me (after finally returning my phone call) that the guys in body repair didn't notice anything wrong. I am no mechanic and I can certainly see where the damage is. I feel as though I have been lied to. In fact, when I called the first time, I spoke to Walter who told me I had to go to a body shop for an estimate. So, then Jay told me he forgot to call me and ask me anything about where the damage is. Well, obviously.

This is not the first time I have received such horrible service from Quirk. I feel completely taken advantage of. Now I have to go to another body shop, taking hours out of my day and losing pay, to go and get an estiamate.

We were planning to buy a new 2002 Ford or Chevy truck either a Ford Ranger or Chevy S10. We thought we would go to Quirk since he owned both business and check out the prices and test drive the trucks. We first were shown around the parking lot then Chris went to get a truck for us to test drive. It took over 45 minutes for him to FIND the truck for us to test drive. After we took the drive we went back and they were looking at our car to give us an estimate. They only had 2 trucks with the specifications we wanted one RED and one GOLD. We actually wanted a dark vehicle either black or blue. They told us they did not have any 2002 trucks coming in. We were asked if we wanted the GOLD truck we test drove and we said we wanted to get all the figures and then we wanted to go and test drive a Chevy. Because we would not sign on the dotted line, they REFUSED to give us an estimate or even talk about what the truck would cost us. We waisted two hours of our time with these people and they dismissed us. Needless to say, we did not go to Quirk Chevy to see their trucks. We did, however, go to other dealers on the South Shore and got facts and figures immediately. We can't believe how rude these people were. If your planning to spend over $20,000 you should be able to choose the color vehicle you prefer and at the very least get extimates and prices. I hope people read your column so that they can choose to go to a more reputable dealer.

After reading some of the real horror stories other consumers have endured, I feel a somewhat foolish writing about my experience because it seems so trivial in comparison. That being said.... I purchased a 2000 Ford F-150 4x4 XLT in December of 1999. All sales brochures, dealer spec sheets, and internet web pages, including those web pages "Powered by Ford Motor Company", ALL state the XLT comes standard with carpeted floor mats. The only place I didn't see them as standard was in the vehicle I purchased.

I was told that Ford eliminated them as standard equipment. These documents are tools used by the consumer to see what comes with the vehicle. My dealer tells me that since Ford changed the options packages, I should contact Ford. When I contacted Ford the first time, they told me they don't intervene on sales issues with dealers and I should try to resolve it with the dealership. After another go-around with Quirk, I sent another note off to Ford expalining to them how disappointed I was at not receiving the mats.

Here's their response:

Thank you for your message of 02/23/00 regarding your 2000 Ford F-150. We appreciate the time you have taken to write us regarding the floor mats for your vehicle. As previously communicated to you on 02/22/00, we feel that every consideration has been given to this matter and was appropriately addressed in our prior response. If any additional information regarding this matter should become available in the future, we would appreciate you letting us know. This will be our last written communication to you on this concern, however, if you would like to discuss this matter any further, please contact us directly at our Customer Assistance Center. Mr. McCarthy, we encourage and welcome you to communicate with us again via e-mail should you have a different issue or inquiry. At Ford Motor Company, we consider the satisfaction of our customers as one of our most important objectives. If you have any other inquiries or concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them. Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.

They felt "that every consideration was given to this matter." Did I miss something? They sent me back to the dealer. If items can listed as standard equipment in the tools that a consumer uses to make informed decisions and we're told verbally that they're not included, what other "standard" accessories will be eliminated in the future? I can understand (almost) that sales brochures are printed ahead of time, however in this "age of the Internet," there is no excuse to have items listed as standard equipment when they were eliminated six months earlier. I am really disappointed I cannot get the mats. You would think that after spending $22,000+, I could get a set of $75 floor mats.

This is false advertising. If Dennis has the time, he should pursue it by filing against Quirk in Small Claims Court. Better yet, he should send a copy of his complaint to the Federal Trade Commission.

Quirk Ford Company Profile