Find a Car Dealerships partner

Quincy, MA

3.6/5 (22 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Quirk Ford

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Quirk Ford Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quirk Ford?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quirk Auto Dealers?

Original review: June 26, 2018

I got fantastic service from Tusani in sales! He knew his cars and didn't try to con me. I bought a C-Max Hybrid. It's the best car I ever bought. He's the guy to see when you buy a Ford at Quirk Ford. You won't be sorry.

Original review: May 23, 2017

I purchased a certified used 2013 Ford Escape back in Sep 2015. Drove car off lot and found my alignment was way off. Mind you my car was suppose to be a Ford Certified Pre Owned. You would think they would at least have driven the car to certify it since my steering wheel was almost upside down. And, yes I did take the car for a test drive and pointed this out to sales rep who told me it would absolutely be taken care of. Nope!!! Did not happen. Once I got the car on the highway it was shaking also. Car was taken in 2 times in first week for proper alignment. The service department obviously couldn't get the tires on right the first time.

Next, brakes. After about 3-4 weeks my car started making a horrible echoing noise when I would back up and press on brakes. Call made to service department and they told me it was "normal" after car sits for a little bit and the dust settle on the break pads." About a week later my car started shaking every time I pressed on the brakes. Car went back into service department and, well, well, don't you know that again my "certified pre-owned" car had bad break pads and rotors THAT WERE AFTERMARKET PARTS PER TECH HIMSELF!!! According to the tech, who showed me my completely warped rotors, they should have never been in a certified pre-owned car!!!

Now let's move onto Christmas Eve 2015. My car filled with smoke and to make a long story short my Turbo blew in my car. This was never seen in a car as new as mine. Was completely covered under warranty. Car went in to be replaced. It literally took the service department 6 tries to fix. The next 4-5 months I dealt with leaking oil and having to bring my car in to fix the SAME ISSUE 6 times, before finally Luigi, the assist manager followed me outside to tell me he promised this time he will make sure it was done right.

The issue was that the tech fixing the oil leak was not letting it seal properly so seal keep opening and leaking. Right around this time also I noticed my car started stalling after I put gas in it. I was told, and it is in writing by a service rep, It was because my car was running while I pumped the gas. I NEVER keep my car running at the gas station, but OK. This is when the phone calls began to service and sales managers to get me out of this car. Spoke to Mike, manager of sales dept, and basically was told tough luck!!! He was going to look into some cars for me and NEVER HEARD BACK FROM HIM!!! After last time car went in for turbo it stopped leaking oil. Over the last 6 months or so I have been driving car with no issues.

I went into service department about a month ago with radio that stopped working. Was charged 450$ To replace the antenna. About a week later noticed when I put anything in center cup holders it would rattle. Hmmm... Sure enough THEY did not properly reinstall the center console!!! I called and made an appointment to bring the car back in. Yes, they fixed it without an issue.

Now let's rewind back to my car stalling at gas stations (which, yes continued to happen every so often). The day before my appointment to fix the center console my check engine light came on. When I took car in for appointment I asked if they could look into that also. Sure AS CRAP IT WAS MY EMISSION EVAPORATOR CANISTER PURGE VALVE. Oh wait, the reason my car has been staling on and off for over a year after I put gas in it??? Yes, it finally went. OK... As I explained to Bruce, service rep, about my complaints starting back in Oct 2015 he looked me straight in the face and said "ohhh, no no no this part has nothing to do with that." WHAT??? GOOGLE IT!!! First line says first thing car does when this part goes is starts stalling after filling up with gas!

Not only did they think I was stupid, but they are sexist!!! I am a girl and absolutely thought they could pull the wool over my eyes. They wanted to charge me 610$ to fix it. 95$ for the part and 4.5 hours of labor... Hmmm??? I got part fixed at another Ford dealership 142$ all together. First and foremost I SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN CHARGED FOR FIXING SOMETHING THAT IS CLEARLY WRITTEN IN RECORDS I HAVE BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT.

Anyway, stay as far away from this place. Service department has seen 5 managers in the year I have owned my car. And all department has been turned over. Says a lot right there. They are horrible. And yes I have made multiple calls to Scott **, new service manager, with no call back!! Spoke to Stephanie in Customer service who was "looking into all this". Never called me back. It's been 2 weeks.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

I recently purchased a used vehicle from Quirk Ford in Quincy, MA. I had been given the Sales Manager's name, Chris **, a number of months ago. Over the phone, he was always helpful, patient and professional. On my first trip to the dealership, Mr. ** introduced me to Chris **, a long-term Sales Consultant. He was easy to work with -- listening to what I wanted, locating appropriate vehicles for me to test drive, etc. I did not make a purchase on my initial visit, but kept in touch with both of them. Upon returning earlier this month, I did find a car. As part of the deal, I traded in my 2006 automobile. The paperwork went smoothly and both gentlemen made sure that I was happy and content with the transaction. I would not hesitate to recommend friends and family to Quirk Ford. My experience, on all levels, was extremely positive.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

I have purchased cars from Quirk Ford and specifically Chris ** for close to 30 years. Chris always gets me in the vehicle that I am looking for. I have never felt pressured to buy more than I need or wanted. I read so many complaints about the car buying experience. I would suggest calling Quirk Ford and asking for Chris **. He always keeps his appointments and follows up with you after the purchase to make sure everything was perfect. They have added a new experience as well when I picked up my latest vehicle. They hired some great high school "techies" who showed me every electronic option the car had. They hooked up my bluetooth devices and made sure I was comfortable with it all. Great way to work with the community kids! I can't say enough good things about Chris ** and my experiences at Quirk Ford.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

My experience at Ford was exceptional, I was a bit indecisive as to which car I wanted to purchase at first. My salesperson Tusani was very helpful, he was patient and very professional. At the end of a few test drives, my wife knew she wanted a 2017 Ford Explorer. We left with an Explorer Sport with all the right options for us. Thanks to Tusani and the team at Quirk Ford for making sure we leased the right vehicle for our family.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I recently purchased a brand new F-150 Lariat from Quirk Ford in Quincy and my salesman was the best. Jason ** took his time in helping me find the right truck for me and helped me work out the financing to get a good deal to fit my budget. I would highly suggest seeing Mr ** at Quirk Ford if you are in the market for a new or used vehicle.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2016

I purchased a brand new 2016 Ford Explorer from Quirk Ford on 01/05/2016, since I've have 6 different issues with this truck as follows. 1. Window defect, had to take it twice to have it fixed. 2. Front bumper peeled, they replaced the bumper, gave me the truck, a mess. Even the repair manager agreed that that's not right. They detailed it. 3. Truck stalled 5 times on the highway with my family in (bad part throttle control). 4. Truck is now leaking power steering fluid. 5. Rear seat leather stitches are falling apart. 6. Sun roof gasket is pulling up.

I've contacted Quirk regarding these issues, they are fixing the issues but they don't think that the truck ID a defect. After all these issues they think I should trade it in after 8 month and only 1 oil change and only 5,980 miles on it only and lose over $16,000.00 in the trade so that they don't call for headquarters and explain the issues on my behalf since I bought the truck from them but they would rather I trade it and lose my hard earned money so that they can make money. And what do they care, they would rather me keep repairing a brand new SUV because they get reimbursed from Ford motors. I will never do business with Quirk Ford ever again or Ford motors in general. What a bad brand this is and remember that I personally bought 3 vehicles from them in the past 2 years.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

I took in my truck for tune up, oil change, and spark plugs changed and the cost was $1077.00. They told me the truck was running fine. The truck was not running as good as when I took it in. I called and told them about this and they made another appointment. This time they told me I had a intake vacuum hose not attached. They wanted $200.00 to reattach. They then called back again and said I had a leak in the intake gasket and wanted $700.00 for that job. At this time I told them not to do anymore.

I took the truck to C. W. Repair and had the work done at a cost of $400.00. The truck was still running bad after this so I had them do a diagnostic. They called me back and told me that three plugs were misfiring. They changed the plugs and the truck ran fine. Quirk Ford did not change plugs. I took the plugs back to Quirk Ford to show them. They said that they did change plugs but would give me money back for the plugs but not the labor. The cost of this was $456.61. I would not take just money for plugs. I highly suspect all work and cost that Quirk Ford done. The cost to me between Quirk Ford and c.w. repair was $2060.00.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

Today I write this after thoroughly investigating all evidence and wrongdoings that took place regarding the purchase of my 2014 Ford Focus SE at Quirk Ford in Quincy, MA as well as the Ford Motor Company as a whole. This is a formal complaint against Quirk Ford. For the record and to document this properly, I, Dana **, began working with Quirk Ford approximately December 2014 to purchase a 2014 Ford Focus SE. I knew the vehicle that I was interested in. After so many years of not having one, a new car payment. Upon making the decision, finally I did purchase the 2014 Ford Focus Sport Edition on December 18, 2014. I have many concerns that happened throughout the process of this transaction. This will explain said concerns, and I have attached a more detailed explanation of events.

First, upon arriving at Quirk Ford I was coaxed into driving multiple cars by the salesman Mr. Jeff ** that I was not interested in. I even stated that and asked to not waste my time test driving cars unless it was the Ford Focus SE. Then I sat down and told them what I wanted to pay and where I needed to be at as a single mother with one income. Mr. Dan ** now came to the table to get involved in this purchase. They tried to switch vehicles on me several times to make me think that the one in question which was on the lot was priced wrong. Mr. ** were very unprofessional during the sale by making sexual comments to me about my sexual orientation. Mr. ** stated multiple times about same-sex relations and asked how it worked. I was also misled by Mr. ** about the amount I was suppose to receive on the trade in of my current vehicle, a 2003 Jeep Wrangler. I was told the amount I would receive was 8,500.00.

Being a military veteran I was able to receive several discounts such as Welcome Home Bonus 500.00, not required to pay sales tax, and not required to pay for tags and/or registration. I was also told I would receive 1,500.00 rebate. I was told by Mr. ** that all of my discounts and my trade in would bring the total cost of the car to 9,000.00. Next, I was told by Mr. Dan ** that Citizens Bank had agreed to finance the amount for the car at a 6% interest rate. When I asked to sit down and read all of these facts in writing, I was told that is not their procedure any longer. I signed two papers that day and was told the contract would come to me in the mail.

After multiple phone calls requesting the contract, I received it 2 weeks later via mail. As I began to review the documents it became apparent that I did not receive the previous quote trade in value agreed upon for my 2003 Jeep Wrangler. I did not receive the military discounts as promised, and I was charged the full Mass sales tax on the new vehicle. I also became aware of the fact that Citizens Bank did not finance my new vehicle but Santander Financial did at a 21% interest rate. With all of this done, I will pay a total of 38,000.00 for a vehicle I was told would only cost me 9,000.00.

On all of the documents that were sent to me via mail in the contract the signatures of my name were forged. I only signed two piece of paper on the date purchased. I did not sign these documents, and it is easy to see that it isn’t my authentic signature. In fact the signatures all seem to be different. Since receiving these fraudulent documents, I have made an effort to contact Quirk Ford and the head of the Ford company. I spoke with the General Manager, Mike Quirk, in an effort to resolve the issue. Mr. Quirk slapped paperwork out of my hand, knocked books out of my arm, and told me to “Sit the ** down!” I left immediately and have only made phone calls yet, I have received no response to date.

Original review: March 31, 2015

Just bought a truck there and everybody was really nice and helpful so far. I bought the truck March 30, 2015 so at least I have no problems with my new truck yet.

Quirk Ford Company Information