4.3/5 (668 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Protect My Car

Protect My Car is a premier vehicle service provider that states its goal is to “change the game” with advisors who place the customer first and help minimize uncertainty from unexpected costly repairs. The company states that it aims to provide a hassle-free claims process and ongoing customer service.

Pros

• All services provided by Protect My Car employees
  • Payments starting at $60 a month
  • In-house claims process for smoother experience
  • Free oil changes and tire rotations with all policies

Cons

• Does not cover preexisting conditions
  • Not available in AK, CA, HI, MO, OK or WA

Bottom Line

Protect My Car warranties cover vehicles up to 20 years old with up to 299,999 miles and include flexible payment plans and a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can transfer the policy if you choose to sell your car.

Protect My Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?

Original review: May 11, 2022

The claim for the wheel bearing went smoothly on my end and from the service technician. It was dealt with through them and Protect My Car. According to the service technicians I've dealt with or the businesses that have provided me service, Protect My Car is one of the easiest warranty companies they ever dealt with. Each time I've had to have service with my warranty, it's been no hassle.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Protect My Car makes claims easy and effortless as long as you follow their instructions. Repair facilities are usually pleasantly surprised that Protect My Car does what that say. Protect My Car makes the process simple for their customers and the repair facilities. The services that are offered are clearly outlined in advance for customers. On several occasions when I did have questions about what was covered and what was not covered I simply called customer service and they were always able to instruct me.

Original review: May 10, 2022

The first time it took over 45 minutes for Meineke to get an authorization for payment. Then Meineke charged me for dealing and waiting on the phone. The second time at a different Mieneke the same thing waiting about 35 minutes on the phone for authorization for an oil change on both occasions. My car was done and I’m waiting for Protect My Car to answer the phone. This is unsatisfactory!

Original review: May 10, 2022

Protect My Car is a good service. Their reps explained everything to me well. I contacted them about an oil change. It went pretty well. They showed me how to do it.

Original review: May 10, 2022

I'm thinking about canceling Protect My Car because my premium is a bit high. They should take a look at the monthly payments. If they come up with a better price, they will get more clients. I utilized the warranty one time in two years. The shop that worked said they didn't have any issues.

Original review: May 9, 2022

So far I am very pleased with Protect My Car Services. I recently got my oil changed and tires rotated at a Chevrolet Dealership, the customer service representative made the required call for verification of service and the process was smooth and hassle free!!! I would gladly recommend Protect My Car to my family and friends.

Original review: May 9, 2022

When I took my car to the Auto repair garage here in town, the Repair desk called PMC and they answered and approved my car work. The garage was able to contact PMC in a timely manner, not a long wait. The Repair desk was appreciative that there was no paperwork, just the call, and the repair work charge could be applied to PMC's corporate credit card. Instant payment for the garage. Efficient. Thank you.

Original review: May 9, 2022

Covers oil change and routine checks which is fantastic!!! For someone on fixed income this is really a great help. Would recommend to anyone!! Very pleased with service they provide for the cost per month. Well worth it. Good to have this service for elderly.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I had Protect My Car before for our previous car. I had good experience, so I decided to go with them again. It's good coverage for the price. Also, everybody was friendly. Any time that I needed information, they were extremely helpful. They're doing an awesome job.

Original review: May 9, 2022

It has been a good experience with Protect My Car. I'm satisfied with it. I had to use it once. An isolator went out on my four-wheel drive. It went good. The only thing it cost me was something about it that they did, which cost me $37.

Original review: May 8, 2022

Protect My Car called me, started explaining things and it sounded neat. The guy I talked to was nice. Patient too, because I had to get something out of the vehicle to get some information. The wait took a long time, but I'm also a patient person. The warranty is actually useful. I've already used it a couple of times for a free oil change and a free tire rotation. I pay this monthly fee and it's just a little over 100 a month. And anytime I need a free oil change, I can go to the nearest auto repair shop and they will do it for me. I just have to call them before doing the actual thing. Otherwise, they won't cover it. It's a simple procedure I can take care of. That is just so they can pick up any credit card information they need. It's not technically free, but it still helps.

Original review: May 8, 2022

I've used Protect My Car and it is good. It was the oil change, which I did not know that I could get two to three free. I took advantage of that. And the ones that did the oil change were amazed themselves that anybody would do that free. Because I've been paying money back in the times. If you can't make that payment on a certain date, you can also give Protect My Car a date. I had to do it a couple of times. I've got a husband in the hospital now. And they agreed that they would go ahead and do it at that time. It was within that month, but it wasn't on that date. There was no argument, no questions. "Sure. We'll be glad to do it." That’s the way I was told.

Protect My Car knows how to talk to you. They can break it down to you and let you know, in a nice way, just what they can and couldn't do. And it makes you feel all right. Because you know how some people get on the phone and tell you, "No, we can't do that.” And they say, “Well, I don't know." Also, Protect My Car has reasonable prices. I would recommend go ahead and get their service. I love it.

Original review: May 7, 2022

When my transmission broke down, Protect My Car denied it, then they re-approved it. My contract was 50-50. So, I pay my 50, and they paid their 50. If not for the warranty, I would have to come up with the full amount. It's beneficial.

Original review: May 7, 2022

I liked the fact that Protect My Car pays for oil changes and tire rotations. I did everything they told me to do and they did everything they promised me. I had an oil change and it worked out just fine. I feel good about having Protect My Car because I'm by myself and I have a car that is high maintenance. I know that the things that I could not afford to do might be taken care of.

Original review: May 6, 2022

The rep was very professional. He told me what Protect My Car covered and how much it would cost me. He gave me a good price and I was satisfied with it. But when I had an oil change, it took a while to get to the people on the phone. They had me waiting there and my truck parked out in a parking lot. When I went over there, the rep was with someone else. So when they're busy, you run into problems like that. But everything else is okay.

Original review: May 6, 2022

Protect My Car made me an offer which was reasonable, I liked it, and I bought them. The rep was a professional, and was friendly. I used Protect My Car for a fuel pump. A valve cover gasket replacement. I'll recommend them. I have recommended them as well as anytime I come up with my cousins that have vehicles. This morning, I picked my car up, my cousin told me that his sister had a problem with her car. And I told him, "You might want to look into an extended warranty program for her because it will reduce the cost." It's essential for men and women nowadays. It's a benefit rather than a liability. It's like having insurance in your car.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Protect My Car provides three oil changes a year. Also, most warranties don't offer that plus tire rotation that they have. I got my oil changed and my tires rotated for the first time and the process went smoothly.

Original review: May 5, 2022

I just had my tires rotated and oil changed recently. It was satisfactory.

Original review: May 4, 2022

I liked that there was no deductible and I have a low monthly payment with them. Their claims process is smooth like butter.

Original review: May 4, 2022

Protect My Car pays 75% of the repairs. I submitted a claim and it was easy. However, they have a whole lot of disconnected calls. If I call them and ask for help, sometimes the phone hangs up. I have to start all the way back over again. Or if they leave me a message and I try to get in touch with them, it's hard. Also, I was trying to get my reimbursement for my car rental and it felt like they were stalling. They had all the information they needed. But they still wanted me to provide all that. They also did not approve for my tires to be rotated, which was messed up. I had to call the Better Business Bureau on them because they had lied about some stuff. They're not a bad company. It's just that sometimes they try to prevent from paying out. If I'm paying them each and every month and I'm not getting my car serviced each and every month, don't give me a hard time when I do a claim.

Original review: May 3, 2022

I took my car in for a couple of times to get my oil changed and I haven't received that money back yet.

Original review: May 3, 2022

I like the price of Protect My Car over any other company. I'm paying $89 a month and if I have a major breakdown, they pay a large percentage of it. I've used it once when my water pump went out. It also helps with the free oil changes. Their customer service reps were also very kind and courteous.

Original review: May 2, 2022

Protect My Car worked with me. They heard about what I was going through. So, they gave me a good rate that I could afford. Their reps were well-knowledged and it didn't sound like they were just trying to sell me on something just to reach a quota. It sounded like they were taking my best interest at hand and trying to help me out. Protect My Car has taken care of all my oil changes and tire rotations pretty effectively. I'm pretty satisfied overall.

Down in Alabama, some of the places I went to didn't accept Protect My Car. So, even though I even called before getting the service, they even said, "We can't do anything with this." Protect My Car still worked for me and was like, "Just send us a receipt," and they'd send me a reimbursement for the payment. So, it was pretty good. When going to a place that Protect My Car did cover, they all handle it over the phone and I didn't have to spend a dime on it. I will recommend Protect My Car, especially for someone around my age or younger who is getting their first car. Just having that type of security over their car in case any breakdowns or any services need to happen, they should have it.

Original review: May 2, 2022

Protect My Car was one of the cheaper companies and with the line of work that I do, they gave some discounts, too. They were also very understanding of what I was looking for and helped me get what I wanted. However, the list needs to be updated on who they do business with. I went to a place that I was told Protect My Car work with, but the place refused to accept it. So I moved to another one to get my oil change.

Original review: May 1, 2022

My Protect My Car plan protects the power steering and all the other things, and I get free oil changes every five months. When I went to get the oil changed, I wanted to do a brake job on it, too, and the one that does the changing called Protect My Car. They told them the brakes aren't covered because that wears down. The shop told me the brakes are good for another five months and then he gave me a price on it. It sounds about reasonable.

Original review: May 1, 2022

I've put some claims in. Once, I had a problem with my engine. I needed a tune-up. They said it wasn’t part of my contract. So I said, “That's fine with me.” The last time I had an oil change, they dragged their foot on honoring that. They could really clarify what they can honor and what they can’t within the contract. The fine print is hard to read.

Original review: May 1, 2022

The sales guy told me about how they would fix things and he made it sound like almost anything that goes wrong with the car, they fix it, but in fact, that's not true. They're not really fixing anything. When my son's car messed up, we had to pay for the parts and get it fixed. My daughter's car messed up and they paid part of it. Then, my son's car is doing something now, but they said they don't pay for it. Thus far, everything that's went wrong, they say they don't protect. "Well, no, that's normal wear and tear." "No, that's maintenance." Protect My Car was supposed to adjust my rates 'cause I told them I was getting ripped off on the plan. I'm paying, but the only benefit is oil changes. I really need to drop the plans. Due to the fact that the car's a Mustang, it's more expensive than the two Hyundais because they said the parts are more expensive.

Original review: April 30, 2022

The rep from Protect My Car was pretty thorough. I've had a couple of oil changes and they've gone the way an oil change is supposed to go. I'm pretty satisfied with Protect My Car. It's worthwhile.

Original review: April 30, 2022

It was a good experience when I signed up with them. But I had an issue. The guy I talked to quoted me a price but when I got my bill, the price was $40 more than what he told me. Also, I was on auto-draft and my card expired. They called me to update my card. I said, “I’ll update it, but really, I was told I was supposed to get another rate but I didn’t.” So they fixed it and gave me the rate that I was quoted. Also, when I had an oil change, everything went well.

Original review: April 30, 2022

The claims process was very simple. When there was something was wrong with my engine, I just called in and it was taken care of. The car is still being worked on, but I'm satisfied 100%.

Protect My Car Company Information