ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Protect My Car

Protect My Car
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.06/5

Protect My Car is a premier Auto Repair Protection provider. The company's goal is to eliminate the worry of being financially responsible for an expensive mechanical breakdown. With a Protect My Car Vehicle Service Contract or Ambassador Plan, you’re instantly eliminating any concerns about being fully burdened with the cost of a covered repair.

Protect My Car LLC Video
View More View More

Protect My Car Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Protect My Car called and offered me a warranty in my car. At the time, I was looking for that because I had my car for three years. Also, I had one but it was kind of local and was in Louisiana. I used that one when I was posted in Louisiana and when I was moving back to Utah, I asked them if they were gonna cover me in Utah, they said no and that the only cover local. So, I had to cancel it.

So far, my experience with Protect My Car hasn't been good. First of all, they said they were gonna send me a copy of my policy but they never did. I received their card yesterday and I have them for a few years. Then on top of it, I had a claim with them to have something fixed in my car. They put me into a rental and they negotiated the rental so bad that now, I have to pay the rental $250. They never told me how long I'd have the rental for and they never contacted the rental company to tell them how long I was supposed to have the car. They never called me to tell me anything. The only time they called me was on the day that I was going to take the rental, to tell me that it was with Enterprise, that they were going to give me three days, and after that, they were gonna add more days.

So, when I had the car after three days and I never heard from Protect My Car, I went to Enterprise and I asked if Protect My Car ever contacted them. Enterprise said they never contacted them and the account was still open, so they told me that I was good to keep the car. Since my car was still in the shop because it was a holiday and they didn’t work on holidays, I kept the car. After a couple of days, I went back to Enterprise and asked them for the status of the car. They told me the very same thing again. And they said that they were gonna contact Protect My car that day. But as for the car, the account was still open, so, that meant I was good.

So, Enterprise contacted them twice but they didn’t get an answer. Protect My Car also never called Enterprise back. When they finally contacted Enterprise, they sent an email to Enterprise saying that I should’ve returned the car after four days. So, when Enterprise told them how long I had the car with me, they told Enterprise that the remaining days were on me, not on them. And because Enterprise couldn't get their money from them, Enterprise turned to me to get their money. Now, I owe Enterprise $250.

When I finally talked to Protect My Car, one of the manager told me that the only thing they could do for me was reimburse me $200. So, that meant I'd have to pay Enterprise $250, and after that, they told me that I have to file a claim. That was going to take a month to review, then after a month, they were gonna see if they could reimburse me $200. Basically, it’s not guaranteed that I’m going to have $200 refund to me from them.

I had another claim and I was afraid to do it because when I called them for the claim, they told me they had to send an inspector. My car was in the garage for four days before they sent an inspector. So, during that four days, I had to do Uber, leave to commute to work, take my daughter to school and to go get her. After they finally sent an inspector and the inspector did his inspection, it took them another couple of days before they gave the mechanics a go to start working on the car. But they didn't say anything about the six days that I paid Uber and left. Finally, they put me into a car but then after that, they left a bill for me to pay.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your review. We regret that you were no satisfied with the coverage. We do strive to meet not just our goals, but those our customers expect to achieve. We hope you will give us another opportunity to assist you with this valuable protection for your vehicle and your budget.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

When I looked Protect My Car up online and saw some of the features, I decided to use them. Their rep was knowledgeable, informative and helpful.

Protect My Car response
Thank you so very much for your comments.
Our primary goal is to give every policy holder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide good peace of mind.

Thanks once again for your comments. Remember the best part, too. We are still here to help again when the need arises.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I called about 3 weeks ago to learn about protection programs, and the gentleman I spoke with was great and gave me all the information I was looking for, convinced me to sign up and I did. He mentioned there was a 30 day opt out clause. I spoke with my wife and a couple of friends and decided this was not what I needed and I reluctantly called to cancel, expecting to get the old high pressure. Amazingly it was a great process, they explained everything, gave a confirmation # for my cancellation. I was pleasantly surprised. If I do decide to do this at some point in the future I will definitely contact them. It was a pleasant transaction and I learned a lot. Thanks Protect My Car. George **

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for your comments and for trying the program. We hope that you will not hesitate to let us know when it will be right for you to consider the program again. We will be here to protect your car and your budget.

Thank you again for your very thoughtful and encouraging comments.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Protect My Car called me, and I decided to go with them for my car that's a 2010. They told me that I had a year’s worth of oil changes and tire rotations. They were real nice. But when my car messed up and I had to get something on the steering wheel, they didn’t cover it. I'm glad though having the coverage because I think if anything goes wrong with my car, I can call. One time, I locked my keys in my car, and they got somebody out there to get my keys for me. When I have used Protect My Car, I was happy. I just didn’t really understand my coverage but I do understand it now.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those comments. We do appreciate your choosing Protect My Car and we know you'll save a ton of money with the benefits provided by your coverage. Whenever you have any questions about what is covered or how to get the most out of your coverage, just give us a call. We are here to help all we can.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

My husband brought the car for a usual oil change and check-up on the fluid with Brakes Plus, which is not covered by Protect My Car. We have a good record from Brakes Plus. They inspect it every time my husband brought it there in the last eight years or so. They inspect everything. Whenever there is something that they find that needs to be repaired, they will give us an estimate. Most of the time, we go to their place. But ever since we bought the warranty, we decided to try the new shop in town. Christian Brothers opened last summer and it is only about three miles away from where we live. So it’s more convenient. Rather than Brakes Plus, which is about seven miles away, and I have to go through the traffic on a trafficky road.

I brought the car to the Christian Brothers shop. The temperature gauge is always below half. It never goes up higher than half. When I dropped it off, the guy said to leave it there because it was almost closing. So I left the car in there and the keys with them. They called us the next day asking how long have I had this car being overheated. I told them none of my knowledge and that it has never had any overheating problem. Even Brakes Plus never had that experience, and they checked it yesterday morning that it was not. And then Christian Brothers said they changed the radiator. Protect My Car covered it.

The car was in the shop for two days for the radiator change. When I picked up the car and drove less than a mile away from the shop, it overheated right away. They messed up our car, and then we were not very happy with what Protect My Car was telling us. They listened to the inspector they assigned to inspect the car that was still in the shop. They said it was negligence on our part. We didn’t have any negligence on our part. The radiator was empty when I got home. It was only about two or three miles away from the shop. So why is the radiator was empty? We noticed there was a lot of leak on the tracks on the driveway and inside our garage. So why is it leaking? I thought they changed radiator. When we brought the car to a private shop, he found out that the radiator was defective.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. Protect My Car does not require you to go to any licensed repair shop other than the one you choose to go to. If that shop, like the Brakes Plus shop you mentioned, refuses to allow you to use the coverage you paid for, Protect My Car will reimburse you for the cost of the oil change.

It is unfortunate that any shop would deny their customers the right to use the coverage they paid their hard earned money for. We pay those shops right over the phone with a corporate credit card, so whether they get paid by their customer or by our company should make no difference to them. Some shops, however, know they can talk their customers into doing any repair, whether it is needed or not. They do not want a professional adjuster looking over their shoulder when they recommend repairs that are just not necessary or are overpriced.

We regret that you feel our company earns only 1 star because the shop you choose to use refuses to accept this coverage and wants to deny you the right to save money at their shop with this coverage. We do thank you for choosing Protect My Car and urge you to talk to us before you pay out of pocket for services or repairs that are covered by your coverage plan.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car LLC?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Whenever I buy a used vehicle, I always get a protection plan, usually from a dealership, but this time, I bought from an individual. So, I looked for an aftermarket protection plan. I went with Protect My Car due to the amount of coverage as far as the components that were covered, the length of time of the coverage and the price. There are some that also cover maintenance, like oil changes and they don’t. But that’s not typical. So, I felt like it was good coverage.

It’s been very easy to work with them. They were professional and nice to talk to. And when I’ve had claims, the claims have been taken care of. If they lowered their prices a little bit though, that would make it better. To someone considering going through Protect My Car, make sure you're comparing apples to apples. Make sure it’s something that has a beginning and an end unless you just wanna pay indefinitely.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments and your great thoughts. We agree completely. We know you will save a ton of money with this coverage and we hope you won't hesitate to call us if there is anything we can do to help.

Thanks again for your comments and for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

A service contract was kinda a new thing for me and I wanted to try it. I'm very satisfied with the contractor I signed and when I filed a claim, it went very well.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those great comments. We appreciate them very much.
We do work hard to make sure your experience with Protect My Car is a positive one and that the whole process, from choosing the right coverage, to making sure it is comfortable on your budget, to fast and efficient claims service, towing and rental car benefits, gives you great peace of mind.
Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I tried to make a claim a few months back. I had to have the vehicle towed into a dealership. They put a new main computer in it and it was over $1,300. I had the dealership call Protect My Car to have them pay for it and they declined it because I was four miles shy of 1,000 miles, which is what I have to wait before I can have anything done. I didn't know about that thousand miles. If I had driven the vehicle down to the dealership, it would have had the four miles on it. And they said, “Well, rules are rules.” I’ve had thoughts of dumping Protect My Car because they don’t cover anything.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We regret that you had a negative experience on your first claim. We do have to apply the rules equally to all customers. It is only fair to do so. Remember, since your vehicle has over 120,000 miles on it, you may find it difficult to get good coverage. Check out all the components this program covers for you and you'll no doubt see it is a very worthwhile investment.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I've been dealing with Protect My Car for 12 years and I have a really good package with them. Their service is good and even when my dealership calls in, they respond pretty well too.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your very thoughtful comments. we very much appreciate your being a very long term and valued customer of Protect My Car. We make it our mission in life to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. We are very glad the policy, our staff and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.

Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Having a protection plan makes a world of difference, especially when buying an older car. And when I compared a bunch of companies, Protect My Car covered the stuff I needed. Anywhere else was more or less like a service help and wasn’t a real warranty. When I had a problem I needed to be fixed, Protect My Car fixed it without a problem. The fuel pumps went bad. At first, they had a question about it and said it wasn’t covered. Then they spoke to somebody immediately and said that it was covered and quickly took take care of it. It was a good experience.

Protect My Car Company Information