Protect My Car
3.66/5

Protect My Car

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Protect My Car provides mechanical breakdown and maintenance coverage for your vehicle by offering both maintenance plans and extended auto warranties. Maintenance plans cover oil changes, tire rotations, and up to 50% off on mechanical repair costs. Extended auto warranty plans cover vehicles up to ten years old or newer that have up to 125,000 miles – keeping your vehicle covered far beyond your manufacturer's warranty plan.

Extended auto warranty plans cover labor and parts cost of your mechanical failures and all repairs are paid with our corporate credit card account, so your only out-of-pocket expense is a $100 deductible. All extended auto warranty plans include 24/7 Roadside Assistance, which can be used for tow services when your vehicle breaks down or runs out of gas. They will also reimburse rental car expenses if the labor time for your repairs takes longer than 4 hours.

Call today for more information on the Ambassador maintenance plans. Claims adjusters help you every step of the way with a hassle-free claims process. Call today for a free, no-obligation quote.

Customers set up their contract using the no-fee payment plan. Small monthly payments can be made for as long as 24 to 42 months, making coverage affordable for everyone. With our no-fee payment plan, the cost for coverage is less than $2 per day.

Call today and activate your policy with as little as $99 down. All customers have a full 30-day money back guarantee.

Protect My Car LLC Video
Protect My Car LLC Gallery (1)
ABBB Rating
View More View More

2308 Protect My Car Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: May 15, 2019

Horribly Complicated and Time consuming service. Such a waste. Wait times on calls average 30-45 minutes which is ridiculous when you're waiting at the auto shop. AND you have to call about 6 times just to get a single repair done. MECHANICS HATE THIS COMPANY!!!

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. They are certainly surprising. A detailed look at your file shows you paid in a total of $828.90 in premiums over the nine (9) months you had the coverage and saved over $1,556.50 on five (5) claims, which included your water pump, intake manifold, rear main seal, radiator, thermostat and O2 sensor. We also reimbursed your rental car expense and your meals and lodging (trip interruption benefits), as well as provided road side assistance when you ran out of gas. Hardly “shifty” as you put it. We are glad that the coverage saved you so much money that would have otherwise have come out of your pocket. If it took several phone calls and/or more time than you would have preferred to achieve those benefits, we certainly apologize for that.

Most mechanics and reputable shops actually love our company. We have found that only those that do not want their customers to save money or know whether the repairs were actually necessary are the only one that resent a professional adjuster. We have fleet accounts with many national repair chains and hundreds of mechanics and shops refer their customer to us for coverage. We do not believe that any reputable shop dislikes dealing with a company that puts their customers first and saves them money.

Once again, though, we appreciate you providing your opinion.

Original review: April 16, 2019

This Company continues to call me multiple times a day from many different area codes/phone numbers. I have answered the call in the past and asked to be removed from their call list and every time I have asked the calls increase to the extreme. It does not matter if I block the numbers because they use a different number each time. Stop calling people and wasting their time!!!

Protect My Car response

Our records further indicate that the telephone subscriber for the number ** “opted in” to receive information about our available products and/or to receive telephone calls from our company or one of several marketing agencies we have associated with. Please note that Protect My Car does not engage in any form of “cold calling.” or “robocalling”. Quite simply, we only call persons who have submitted their information online (through our home page, one of our various landing pages and/or through a landing page of one of our third-party marketing partners) and who have provided us with their written consent to contact them.

Based on the statements made by this individual, it can be reasonably inferred that she has been receiving calls from other companies previous to the calls made by our company. We recommend that she determine the actual identity of the companies who may continue to call her and request that each such company add her number to their own Do Not Call list. By doing so, these calls should eventually stop.

As requested, your number has been added to mour internal Do Not Call list.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I work with this company for 7 months. It took them five months to get my car repaired. They insisted on trying to use used car motors. They had one motor and it was bad and had to be sent back. It took another four months for me to get my car back. They didn't want to pay the auto company that was doing the repairs for me. They had a hard time recovering their money. They still it. To this day have not been paid in full because of Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. As is sometimes the case, customers may confuse our service with the shop that the customer chooses to use. We do not do the repair work, the shop does. In this instance, the claim for the replacement engine was filed on May 3. The claim was approved and payment for the engine replacement was issued to the shop on May 22, the day we received the final invoice and report from the shop that the repair had been completed. Although your shop may have told you they have not bee paid in full, the truth is we have heard nothing further from the shop since that time.

We do regret that the shop you chose to use may have delayed the completion of the repair but we are glad that the coverage saved you $1,800.00. With your having paid only $350 in premiums, that is some bargain and really lets you know how valuable this coverage can be. Had you not chosen to cancel your coverage, we would have, of course, been happy to help you with the difficulties you are having with this shop.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I did not authorized payment taking out my account and money was being stolen out of my account without my knowledge. So I call to ask why I was not given a answer. The customer service is rude. Supervisor did not attempt to research and attempt to resolve the issue.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. Quite obviously, nothing was "stolen" from your account. When you set up both contracts, you did, in fact, provide approval and authorization for the down payments and monthly premiums to be billed to the account you provided to us. When you sold one car within 30 days of purchasing the contract, we cancelled the contract at your request and refunded the down payment as the contract provided. When you totaled the second car we cancelled the contract at your request and waived the cancellation fee. No refund of the down payment or one monthly premium you authorized and agreed to was due at the time the contract was cancelled. We do regret that you feel our customer service agents were rude in refusing to refund your premiums. While you may certainly cancel coverage, that does not mean that paid premiums are subject to refunds. Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I am using this insurance to help cover the repairs on a 2008 Subaru Outback, I purchased in 2018. The previous owner kept this car just good enough to run and pass inspection. So I needed to do a lot of work on it to get long term use. This required me to have a maintenance plan rather than an insurance that would only cover a perfectly good working car until it broke down. I really like working with a provider that allows me to cover repair when I can afford it. Working with a good mechanic shop is key in my situation. That I had covered. What I did not plan for was the expense of repairing this car and I am welcome to accept any help PMC provides. It also comes with a coupon reward program that does require some calling and planning. But once you get the routine it will work.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. One reason we have had so much success is just what you mentioned. We treat each customer as an individual with individual needs. We know that one size does not fit all. Working with each person to get the right coverage at the right cost and get the repairs done with no hassle really helps give folks good peace of mind.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car. Glad to have you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car LLC?

Original review: March 4, 2019

These people keep calling my work phone and asking for "Anthony". My name is not "Anthony" and I keep telling them they have the wrong number. But...here comes another call from a different area code. The fake pre-recorded girl that talks the first time eventually gets me to a real person and I tell them I do not own the car they say I do and my name is not Anthony but they still try to sell me a warranty. This seems like a scam and I would never work with these people.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for alerting us to this situation. Protect My Car does not use robocalls or pre-recorded messages. We only call customers who have expressed an interest in our products. There are companies who engage in phishing schemes (pretending to call from legitimate companies) and that may be what you are experiencing. Please do not hesitate to call our customer service department so we can see if we can assist you in tracking this down and helping you deal with it.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Save your money. This company is taking people's money. You're better off saving your money every month than to pay someone who will not follow through and honor their word! All we’ve had is one excuse after the other waiting to get our vehicle that’s already been repaired. Still have not paid the repair shop. Monday morning we will be calling SIC in Florida ADA and BBB. That’s a fact!

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We regret that you feel the coverage was of no value to you. Once we received the final invoice from the shop you chose, the claim was paid timely. That one repair saved you over $1,200.00. Compared to the $400 in premiums the coverage cost you, that was some bargain and is not unusual. Most customers save far more in repairs than they spend on the coverage. That is how good coverage is supposed to work. We are glad you were able to save three times the cost of the coverage on just one repair. We do regret that you found little value in that.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I signed up for a policy one month ago in January of 2019 and I had heard bad reviews. I forfeited my $25 deposit for the first month. I didn't make any claims and I canceled the policy last week February of 2019. They then continue to withdraw money out of my account in amount of $90. When I call to complain they said they had no record of my call which is a lie. I told them that they were to refund the money and the sales person I talk to had the client. This is fraud and for them to withdraw money of my account when I'm not locked into any sort of contract. When I told the rep that I would chargeback with my bank he then told me he dispute it and then lie to the bank.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We regret that you did not have a positive experience with our company.
The billing on your contract occurred on February 17, as you had previously authorized and approved. You called to cancel your contract the next day, February 18. Since your cancellation, no further billing has occured on your account, nor will any occur. You might also remember that since you chose to cancel your contract after just a month, we waived the cancellation fee.
Our agents do not, and will not, ever suggest that any customer be less than truthful to their financial institution.

Again, we regret that you had a negative experience and that you feel that was in any way the fault of our company.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

WATCH OUT SENIOR CITIZEN and MILITARY. I purchased Protect My Car’s warranty to provide a financial cushion for my F250 as it reached the high mileage stage. About 2 months in, I started a claim to have my oil cooler replaced, and it turned into the most protracted, confusing, and infuriating mess I could imagine. I called the customer service to open my claim and she told me she to take it to an authorized mechanic and let me know if she needed anything further. I never heard anything from them for a week, so I assumed all was well. The repair shop followed up with the email estimate, and repairs, and I had to call claims to ascertain the status. It was then I was told that I had gone about the process wrong, and wouldn’t be covered for the cost of repairs, the shop needed to provide labor hours and part numbers. I knew something was rotten about the company, At that point, I was annoyed, but knew the service wasn’t for me.

The Company never send you any hard documentation or policy they claim they are a green company so you have to memorize the steps by to file a claim and beware if you forget one of the steps it an excuse to denial of your claim but was told how I hadn’t gone about processing my claim correctly. When I asked to speak with a manager, I was informed that it would take 24-48 hours to receive a call back from a manager, and at that point, I was done. Doing business with this company was more frustrating, annoying, misleading, and infuriating than I’d ever want to deal with again. I spoke with someone from Protect My Car over the phone. It was a good sales pitch and it worked out well. They were very professional at that time. However, nothing that was advertised actually really happened. If they went by the things that were prompt and what they have in writing, then they would be a great company, BUT it not!!!

Protect My Car response
We appreciate your providing your comments. We do advise every customer, including senior citizens, military personnel and, in fact, all vehicle owners, that the coverage will save 50% on vehicle repairs as long as a claim is filed with the claims administrator. In your situation, you authorized the work but neither you nor the shop you chose to use bothered to file a claim with the claims administrator and you authorized the work to be done by the shop.
That's a little like trying to buy auto insurance to cover an accident you had the day before.
We do email all contracts to our customers and will gladly provide a hard copy upon request.

We appreciate your comments.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I took my car in to have some work done at a Honda dealer. I got a quote before I even told them that I had an extended warranty. Afterwards the dealer tried to get the claim taken care of as quick as possible but a 2 hour repair turned into 34 hours without a car. Was told the shop sent an estimate of around 626 so I paid 313 for the deductible and the next day they still had not sent the repair approval to the dealership. I had to contact PMC to have someone call and do this so my car would get repaired. After 7 more hours I was contacted by the dealer.

I needed to come in and sign the receipt to be faxed to PMC so they could pay the remainder over the 313 (that I paid) and at that time the total charges for the repair was 487.28 which is 138.72 less than the quote they stated they got at the beginning. I have only had this coverage since Sept so with the cost of the monthly fee and the 313 I could have paid the repair myself plus the one oil change that they did so where have I saved anything. My wife was also stranded on the side of the road and the roadside rescue stated they could not find the account to get roadside rescue so I paid 800 for towing so I have spent more than PMC has on this deal. They have only done one thing - RIPPED ME OFF and made money for themselves.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. Happy to help you understand how much the coverage helped you.
Your contract says that "your repair cost for the entire CONTRACT PERIOD (after the WAITING PERIOD) will never be more than 50% of the LICENSED REPAIR FACILITY’s original estimate for repair".
The shop provided our claims administrator with a written estimate showing a total estimate of the repair of $627.24. As provided by the guarantee clearly specified in your contract (and as quoted above) your repair cost for this repair would not be more than 50% and 50% of the original repair estimate of $627.24 came to $313.62, which, as you stated was EXACTLY what you paid for this repair.
We regret that you were unable to understand that without the coverage this repair would have cost $627.24, instead of just $313.62. The additional savings ($69.98) was simply not provided for in the contract.

In point of fact, having only paid $200 in premiums, you have already saved $375, with this repair and the free oil change. Glad the coverage helped you so much.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Looking at buying an older used car. Filled out info on 5 different extended warranty sites. Got a call back from 2 OTHER companies that gave me the info in less than 2 minutes. When PMC called me, I was on the phone with them for 10 minutes getting a huge sales pitch which included savings on non-car related junk which I don't care about and don't need (and never ends up being a discount anyway).

At the 10 minute mark I had already been put on hold for about a minute to check if my car would be covered. (I had already provided ALL the details on my car through the website so they should have known by that point.) And then transferred to someone new to handle my call because I would get a Veteran discount. Too bad I had already been told the policy would be $x over y months and I am really good at math so when I was told what my special deal was as a Veteran it turned out to be less than 4% off. Wow, what a savings. It was made to sound better because the monthly payment was lower but it was stretched out over more months. I guess they figure most people can't do math in their head that fast.

At 11 minutes into the call the "Veteran specialist" asked to put me on hold so he could verify that they would cover my car. Ummm, you already did that. This is a sales tactic (second time they used it on me in the same 11 minute call) used to get people to worry about whether they can "qualify" so that when they get back on the phone and say "yes" the customer feels "lucky" and they are more apt to buy. I hung up while on hold. They tried to call me back but I don't do business with companies that jerk me around with phony sales hooks.

Oh, BTW, their price was BETWEEN the two other companies' prices and because it is an older car, PMC has a 50% deductible. The other two companies covered the same types of repairs but only had a $100 "per incident" deductible, kind of like a copay at the doctor. Sure, if I had a $100 claim with PMC I would "only" pay $50 and with the others I would pay $100, but you don't buy insurance (which is what a warranty is) to cover little repairs ($100). You buy insurance to cover the big repairs (like $500+), which would end up costing you $100 with the other guys but costing you 50% with PMC. $2000 repair? Other guys it costs you $100, with PMC it costs you $1,000. BTW, most repairs that really need to be done cost way more than $200, which is the break even point for their deductible compared to other companies.

Bottom line, I don't know about their coverage for cars that are not so old but the "old car" coverage is terrible. Their sales pitch is a waste of your time and the fringe benefits they explain to you during the sales pitch are useless. I also don't know about how well they handle claims since I am not doing business with them. I don't leave reviews all the time and when I do I usually try to be as positive as possible, but PMC's sales tactics really irked me. Make sure you shop around. PMC might end up being your best bet but I certainly won't give them any more of my time, which is more valuable than money. Plus the fact that they made a big deal out of the Veteran discount (which I appreciate) only to have it be next to nothing but made to sound better by stretching the payments out is really reprehensible.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. What sound like "sales tactics" are actually our ability to cover vehicles other companies wont, at a much lower price. We are glad you took the time to speak with our agents and hope you find what you are looking for.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

In July of 2017 I took my Ford F350 Super Duty Pick-up to a local transmission and auto repair because of issues detected in rear differential. Protect My Car pressured repair facility to use substandard Chinese made parts which the owner of the repair facility refused to do. Left in limbo, and finally directed repair facility to get it done as I needed the vehicle. Bottom line is United Services Contract Group (The Claims Adjuster Protect My Car) dropped the ball and it was only after suggesting I get the State Insurance Commissioner and Attorney General-Consumer Protection Bureau involved did I finally receive a settlement nearly a year later which was only for 18% of the total cost of repair. What a JOKE!!!

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We were happy to provide the reimbursement to you and only regret that you were unable to provide a paid receipt to document the reimbursement until many months later.
We provide this service for customers all the time and always require a paid receipt in order to complete the reimbursement. We are sorry that you felt that was an unnecessary step.
Also, so you know, we only use OEM parts for repairs.

Thanks for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I chose to try PMC gold plan for 30 days. It initiated after 14 days. And they finally sent hard copy documentation after three weeks elapsed. I called to cancel after 29 days they were difficult to reach, even more difficult to get them to comply, attempting to continue to sell me on their services. Then they failed to honor their verbal contract and billed my credit card for additional month. They failed to honor their agreement with me and that would make them untrustworthy for them to hold up to their agreements. They are slow and inefficient regarding getting their customers documents, this might mean they are equally as slow in fulfilling their claims... Don't make any verbal contracts with these people, get a hard copy and read the fine print before you agree, you might need a lawyer.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We area green company and provide contract materials and claims information by email. Most customers are pleased with the fast and efficient processing of their contracts and claims. However, we are always happy to provide a hard copy upon request.
We are always happy to honor legitimate requests from our customers.

Thank you for trying the coverage. We hope you find a company that you are comfortable with.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I had two previous service contracts with Protect My Car for my vehicle in the past and have never called in for a need. But the first time I called in for a need was when the cylinders in my engine went out and Protect My Car declined the service. Then, they cancelled the policy which was after I paid for two full policies. They told me it was because I changed the wheels on the car. I asked them what did the wheel have to do anything with the cylinder in the engine. They told me that I made modifications. I told them I bought it that way from the dealership and I was told that the serial number says it was supposed to be 18-inches rim but I got 20-inched rim. I was looking at a huge bill to buy a new engine.

My interaction with their staff was horrendous. They were telling me why I lied and why I falsified documents. It was when I got a little steamed because I did not lie. I talked to half a dozen reps because they come and go quickly. It was a battle and a half. The dealership was calling, kept on the phone for over an hour waiting on call waiting. Not only did they declined the service, but they canceled my policy without an opportunity for reimbursement for everything I paid for. They said they would not reimburse me because I lied even though I had the original receipts from Irvine Chevrolet, buying the vehicle as it was.

After a year of having a conversation with them, fighting it and threatening legal action, they offered that I buy a new policy. The new policy would only cover 50% but it would allow "modifications". So, I bought the policy to be able to get my engine repaired since they agreed to cover a pre-existing condition if I bought the new one. I was kind of forced to and it was a horrendous nightmare. I bought it under duress because if not, I had a useless vehicle. I told them that if we buy a new engine, I will continue to pay the monthly amount and they do not have to worry about the engine because it is a brand-new engine from GM and it is covered for three years and unlimited miles.

When we went through it after I bought the contract, they told me they found an engine in a Pick-A-Part and they said that they can get it priced at an amount and they were gonna cover 50% of it. But I told them that it was about an engine replacement. I was told that my engine was used and they were gonna buy me a used engine so we started fighting about it. I wound up paying for more than 50% of the removal replacement of the engine myself because the most they would pay for was a refurb, which I was okay with then I would pay the bill. But I kept telling him a refurb is only 90-day warranty versus the three-year warranty for a full one. So, I paid the difference.

Protect My Car changed their company name three times over the six years that I was with them. I figured that they did that was because I started doing Better Business Bureau searches and there were so many people complaining that they were changing their names only because they had bad reputation. It was a year and a half of not a good time but since then, they have done better.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for those comments. We do have thousands of contract holders and we do have to treat all of them the same. We never suspected that you were less than honest about the modifications to your vehicle. When you were initially asked about modifications (that helps us choose the right coverage for your vehicle) and did not tell us about the wheel modifications, it meant that the coverage could not assist you the way it was designed to do. We were able to change you coverage to the plan that was able to help you.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I purchased Protect My Car’s warranty to provide a financial cushion for my SUV as it reached the high mileage stage. About 6 months in, I started a claim to have my transfer case replaced, and it turned into the most protracted, confusing, and infuriating mess I could imagine. I called the rep to open my claim and she told me she would contact the dealership and let me know if she needed anything further. I never heard anything from them for a week, so I assumed all was well. The dealership followed up with the estimate, and repairs two weeks later, and I had to call claims to ascertain the status. It was then I was told that I had gone about the process wrong, and wouldn’t be covered for the cost of repairs.

At that point, I was annoyed, but knew the service wasn’t for me, and asked to cancel service. It was then that I was transferred to a retention agent who implored me to reconsider while they reviewed my claim to assist me. I relented until the next day. The next day, I was informed that my claim was approved, and that gave me a sigh of relief that at least they were applying common sense and things were moving in the right direction. They asked for my 50% deductible payment and I completed it. Two days later, PMC hadn’t paid the dealership, and my car wasn’t released, so I called claims to find out what was the source of the hold up. The rep told me that they were only paying for $335 worth of repairs. I asked them when I would receive the difference of the $1,200 that I paid and was told that I wouldn’t receive one.

The total cost of repairs was $2,490, so $1,500 was what they would cover, INCLUDING the $1,200 I had already paid them. I asked how they considered $300 above my deductible, plus another $1,000 could be considered a 50% deductible per the contract, but was told how I hadn’t gone about processing my claim correctly. When I asked to speak with a manager, I was informed that it would take 24-48 hours to receive a call back from a manager, and at that point, I was done. Doing business with this company was more frustrating, annoying, misleading, and infuriating than I’d ever want to deal with again. I’ll yell from the rooftops how terrible they’ve been.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to help you understand the coverage more clearly. In order to guarantee a 50% reduction in repair costs we reduce labor costs, parts cost and pay any difference in cash to the shop you choose to use. That's why both our agents and the contract
ask you to call us BEFORE you authorize the shop to charge you the higher amount. When you authorize the initial rate the shop quotes to you, it means we cannot go to bat for you to get those costs reduced, since you already told the shop you approved of those higher rates. That's why you ended up paying more than you should have. We regret that it happened.

We are glad we were able to help you avoid most of the costs on that last repair and hope you will contact us and let us work with you when you need another repair in the future.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I had high miles on my vehicle, and I had replaced just about everything on it. It would be nice to have some warranty if something went wrong. I Googled and I probably shouldn't have done that because I've gotten about 25 calls in the last month from various warranty companies and they all pretend like I'm with them. I find it very irritating. But the reps from Protect My Car were great. They were very polite, very helpful, and they returned calls fairly quickly. It didn't take very long to process the request for the repair so they saved me time and aggravation.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those comments. Saving time and aggravation as well as your hard earned money is what this coverage is all about. We are glad you chose Protect My Car and we hope you won't hesitate to let us know how we can help you.

thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I got a service contract from Protect My Car for my son's car. It is an older vehicle, and it had a lot of miles on it. My son went off to college, and I wanted to make sure he was covered if anything happened. Last summer, the engine died and we had to have it replaced. The process was a little daunting to get it replaced. In fact, it's back in the shop but the shop is not going through Protect My Car to get help with payment with the garage. The shop had to go back and forth with them because the vehicle ended up being a diamond amongst all the other gems. It's one of four that was made in a particular month. Had it been the end of the year, it would have been one of the many kind of engines that they could get for this car, and that wasn't the case. It was a very particular engine that had to be put into it. As far as Protect My Car's customer service, they were knowledgeable. Everything worked out.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We regret that you feel the coverage may not have been able to assist you. Shops need to call our claims administrator and not jump to the conclusion that we cannot help them find a specific part, or engine in this case. You are our customer and we are here to help you. Don't let the shop talk you our of getting the help you need.
We will be in touch to see how we can best help you with this situation.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

My sister was telling me about getting a service contract for my vehicle, and they had it for a while, so I decided to get one as well. I purchased from Protect My Car and my experience with their rep was great. He told me that if anything happened, I could call him and the people there would be right on it at the soonest time. So, I filed a claim when I locked my keys in the car and their reps were friendly and helpful. There was one incident where I paid the guy cash and to get my money back, he told me to call Protect My Car. But I tried to do it and it was too much. It was just $50, so I said forget it. At the moment, I still have car problems but my money is kinda tight. And the repair of my motor mounts is too expensive for me right now. Other than that, Protect My Car has been great and I’ve been trying to recommend my friends at work to them.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your trying Protect My car coverage and hope you will never hesitate to let us know how we can help you.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Protect My Car was offered to me and I needed a warranty, so I took it. However, it didn't compare well to the auto warranty that came with the car from the dealership that I had prior. The manufacturer’s warranty covered more at no cost while Protect My Car had a certain percentage. I used it just for the transmission. I had to contact Protect My Car and have them contact the transmission shop. Once they got them, everything worked out then I paid my deductible. I decided to cancel my policy with them because of the price, though.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We are glad the coverage helped you, even though your budget forced you to discontinue the coverage. As vehicles age and get more miles, coverage is very hard to come by. We are one of the few companies that help folks with older, higher mileage vehicles. We look forward to helping you again when it is right for you.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Initially, I talked to a few companies but Protect My Car had answers. It was just a better experience. It was easier to do business with them so I went with them and the person I dealt with was very knowledgeable. He was very helpful in helping me weigh the pros and cons. Plus it wasn’t a high-pressure type of sale. It was more of a relaxed conversation. He just presented the value of what we were discussing.

My vehicle is in really good shape. However, it was 13 years old when I got the warranty a year ago and I thought it was a wise thing to do. Things happen and as a matter of fact, within a year, something did happen. And the claims process was very simple. I pretty much put the repair shop in contact with Protect My Car and they worked through all the details. I had a major thing done to my car and it was painless and easy. Also, as part of that offer, there were some free oil changes. I anticipated those to be somewhat problematic. Not much is for free these days. However, it was really easy. I gave the shop the number. They called and got paid.

The customer service team was also very easy to deal with and I would recommend the company. But Protect My Car has to make it easy for the client to spend money. This is something that every business, no matter what type of business, should really consider though. They shouldn't run clients through the mill. If someone wants to spend money, they have to do everything they can to make it easy and make it a pleasant experience. I’m in customer service and that’s what I preach to my staff. I also wish the coverage was greater but 50% on a 13-year old car is pretty good. The cost is also fair and the quality of the services they've provided, to date, has been very good. So the coverage was a good investment on my part.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those comments. We could not agree more. We are one of the few companies that will cover older, high mileage vehicles and still keep the cost within reason for most folks.
Please let us know what you feel would be a more convenient method of payment and we will do all we can to accommodate you.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I wanted to have a little extra warranty for my car and my mom told me about Protect My Car. Their rep was very nice, helpful and knowledgeable about the product he was trying to sell. He helped me pick the right one for my budget that will have more protection for my car. One time, I took my car to the shop and the shop sent over all the information that was wrong with my car. Protect My Car then sent the paperwork back for allowing the mechanic to fix it. They paid half and I paid them the other half. It was all handled in that one interaction. I had a good experience and I know that if anything happens to my car, I’m able to call and get help from them.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those comments. We appreciate your being part of the Protect My Car family. We are very glad the coverage has helped you with your repairs and has saved you so much money. THat is what the coverage is all about.

Thanks again for taking time to provide your comments.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

We have high-end cars, and Protect My Car was affordable for us. Twice, I’ve taken a different car under their protection and they don’t treat us fairly. I called them with a complaint and wanted to ask questions, and they blew me off, hurried up and got off the phone. One time, I took my wife's car in and I almost had to cuss them up because we sent the car all the way to North Hollywood. The people called in and gave them the pricing, and they denied it. I had to go all the way back to North Hollywood, get the car and bring it all the way back to Lake Elsinore which is almost a two-hour drive, one way.

A couple of months ago, I took my car in to have it serviced and they denied the service. The auto store quoted them a price, so we paid half of that quoted price. Protect My Car negotiated with the auto parts store and got them to make the price lower. When they did that, we still had to pay the first negotiated price. So, they ended up paying lower, and we ended up paying more. They didn't even pay for the headlight, and I was livid. I had to pay for the headlight. Another time, we asked for a rental car and they got real busy, and then they didn’t wanna give us the car. I’ve had this service almost three years, and my wife has had it almost two because I recommended her to obtain the service. I kick myself in the butt for recommending, and that’s because of the way that they treat her and myself.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. thank you too for having kept your coverage for over eight months.
Please call anytime you have a question as to what is covered under your contract, or simply read the contract. It explains Headlights, tires and non-mechanical components are not covered.
We are glad that on the four claims you have filed you have already saved over $2,100.00. That's more than double what you paid for the coverage.
That's how good coverage should work.

Remember, too, that the guarantee is to save you 50% of your shops estimate. We do that by reducing parts and labor costs and paying the balance in cash. That's why you only paid 50% of the original estimate.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I needed to take care of some repairs on my vehicle and I didn’t feel that I needed to pay the full price, especially when I first purchased the vehicle and within three months, I had to rebuild my transmission. I shopped around and found Protect My Car. There are other programs out there that might be a little bit better, but I already hooked up with them. And even though I looked around a little bit, I went for the first thing I found because I was in a hurry to get my vehicle fixed.

The only problem I had is that not too many shops accept their program. It’s also a little pricey for the monthly on certain things that I can’t get done. I’d still have to pay almost two grands a year. When I take it in to get work done, I have to pay half so I would think that part of that money would go towards the payment for the repair. But the quality of the service is good. They’re quick at responding when I take my car in to get the work done and paying things. I’m a mechanic myself so I know more or less how things work. Protect My Car is a good program.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. we are one of the few companies that help folks with older, higher mileage vehicles. We do everything we can to make the premiums comfortable on any budget.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I wanted to have extra protection for my car and I couldn’t find any other provider so I got Protect My Car. I used them only once and I’m thinking about canceling it. When my car’s transmission went out, it was a big runaround. I had to be there with the company who was working on my car. Then, they couldn’t get a hold of the correct person at Protect My Car. They kept on transferring over and over. The whole thing went from being 10 to 15 minutes to a whole hour, just for the shop to get a hold of someone on their side to help out with the payment.

Protect My Car could make it a quicker process with all the technology we have these days. The whole payment system can be improved. They have you call one person, and that person has to transfer you to another person. So, it’s like the big loop around. You pay for this convenience and it’s not even convenient. They give you a hard time just to pay for something and I’m paying monthly for this.

Protect My Car response
We appreciate your comments. most repairs and approvals can be done without significant delay, but some repairs take longer simply because we need to make sure the right repair is being done completely. There would be no bigger waste of your time than if you had to go back to the shop after the work was done because it was done wrong. It may take a little more time, but it is worth it to make sure the right repair is done right the first time.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

My warranty ran out and I got Protect My Car because of their price and their coverage. My interaction with their sales rep was great. He was informative, told me what I needed to know and convinced me to buy their product. They let me know all the things that were covered, and that's exactly what I needed to suit my particular year, make, and model of my vehicle. And it was better than the other that I had because I got the highest level of protection that I could from my year and the mileage. So I was all in.

Purchasing the protection was great. I had a claim and it was about four things that the mechanic found that needed servicing, and Protect My Car took care of the claim. It was a bit of a struggle but it worked out in the end. The only problem that I had was when it was time for the claim. They kept giving the mechanic trouble. They kept sending inspectors out so I wound up having my rental for about 10 days. It was about $400 for my rental but they only covered $100 of it. Nonetheless, the quality of their service was great. I feel comforted. Since I started using Protect My Car plan, I definitely feel more secure knowing that my car is covered at the end of the day.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for letting everyone know how the coverage has helped you. Our customer's peace of mind is our primary goal. We are very glad the coverage hs done that for you and has saved you so much money.

Thanks again for your comments and for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I needed protection based on the history of my vehicle and Protect My Car had the lowest price. Purchasing the protection plan was fairly simple. I gave them the VIN number, they gave me the pricing based on the number of years I wanted to have the warranty and that was it. They helped me understand the pricing and the restrictions of the warranty.

I have already filed a claim for a transmission replacement and another for a routine oil change but that wasn't the most fun. They explained to me some of the restrictions on the warranty and what would be covered and what wouldn't. They made claims that certain things in my car weren't factory when they were. We had a bit of a discrepancy between the status of my car and what they said but they gave a remediation plan which I accepted, so we moved forward. Notwithstanding the modifications issues, the coverage has been good. I feel more reassured that I don't have to fix everything myself. If you're not mechanically inclined, Protect My Car comes in pretty handy. Just be mindful of what you think you may get claims paid for.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are glad you chose Protect My Car and that we have been able to save you so much money on your repairs.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I bought a car for my niece back in April of 2014 and when she couldn't keep up with the payment in April 2015, a year later, I took the car back from her. So, I noticed then that it is a German car, it’s a 2006, and I needed to have a warranty on that type of car. I always try to find other competitors that gave a better offer. With Protect My Car, I'll pay 50% for repairs and they'll pay the other 50%, and they deal with a facility who does the type of work and takes that type of warranty.

I spoke with their rep on the phone when I had to give them a credit card. So every month, they automatically take the payment from the credit card. It's $90.06. It's for five years, and there are 18 months where I don't have to pay. I filed a claim on the 29th of December last year and they paid 50% of it. The process was good. When I called in, they gave me everything that would be covered under the warranty, and I dealt with a foreign auto body that dealt with the car. Overall, Protect My Car's service was good and I had a good experience.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repair and we look forward to helping you in the future when you need help.
Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is any thing we can do to help out.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I had Protect My Car service contract for a couple of years. The person I worked with was nice. He went through the whole thing with me and explained the details. When I submitted a claim, I had to call and speak with somebody, then you have to take it to a licensed place to have it done. Then, they need to call and get the approval. And although the claims process took longer than it should’ve cause of the back and forth trying to get all the information, the coverage is good for the price I was paying. I benefited from it. All my friends know about Protect My Car. I told them all about it back when I had it. But the cost has gotten higher and higher. In fact, I paid $50 a month. I called about my same-year car I got now with fewer miles on it. It’s a different car, but they wanted more than double my payment that I was on before. It's too high so I can’t do it now.

Protect My Car response

We cannot thank you enough for the great comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind. We do work very hard to make sure the policy is affordable, and that policyholders get the kind of help they need when they need help.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I bought a car and it didn’t have a warranty on it. I knew that I should have something that’s worth the buck after I first got the car because you never know how people took care of it before. I read some good reviews about Protect My Car such as they are reliable and they did what they claimed they were gonna do. They covered the repairs of 50% of the book value. I saw favorable reviews and wanted the warranty. I didn’t have any trouble signing up with them and the purchase process was pretty straightforward. They wanted money up front to get it started. Now I do an automatic payment out of my checking account every month. I don’t have to write a check every month so it's pretty seamless.

I filed a claim to Protect My Car for the power steering fluid pump that went out and the timing tensioners that needed to be replaced because they were gonna break. I had to take the car to Coventry Cars and had their repair guy give me an estimate. I then talked to an adjuster who asked the credit card company to pay the half of it. At first, Protect My Car denied Coventry as the repair shop and no one also told the repair guy why that was so. He had to talk to Protect My Car. He said that they are the strangest warranty company he had dealt with.

When the car was repaired, I went down and signed the receipt for Coventry saying the car was repaired and took the car away. I left Protect My Car two messages and I've been trying to get a hold of them since Monday but I haven't gotten any return calls. I know is a holiday but aside from my calls, the Coventry guy called Protect My Car a couple of times too but neither one of us has gotten a callback. I'm not real pleased about that, but I'm more upset about the fact I found out yesterday. The guy at Coventry Cars said ProtectMyCar gave him a really bad time about the repairs. They asked him to reduce his prices to make the bill lower. I wasn’t told about it and so I ended up paying more than 50% of the repair, which is what I was only supposed to pay. Protect My Car was supposed to take up the other 50%. They were actually getting more than 50%. I'm not happy with Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are at a loss to understand what your repair shop told you. the claim was processed and approved the same day we received it and the final invoice was paid the same day we received it from the shop.
The coverage saves you 50% of the original estimate your shop provides. That is done by reducing repair costs on parts and labor and paying any difference in cash to get you the guaranteed result. We are glad that this coverage has saved you so much since you have had it.
All in all, over the six claims processed for you, you have saved twice the amount you have spent in premiums. Not a bad deal at all.
If you ever have any questions, or need explanations, please call us. we work for you and we are always happy to assist you.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Having a service contract for my car seemed like a good idea. However, Protect My Car's protection specialist could have explained the contract better because I thought that I had full vehicle coverage. When I was talking to the guy, he said bumper-to-bumper. But then when I went to put in a claim because my motor went out, I find out that they only covered half and I had to get all my brakes redone, the liner and the calipers. Some of Protect My Car's specialists need some more education. I probably wouldn't have gotten the service contract if the rep would have told me that they only covered half. They didn't cover the engine and replacing the seals. That was another 300 and some dollars I had to pay myself. They only covered the engine block.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We regret that you had a negative experience with the coverage. For older, high mileage vehicles that cannot find coverage anywhere else, we do offer coverage that reduces repair costs by half. The coverage is fully explained at the time of purchase and s clearly defined in the contract. Customers always have thirty days to review the contact risk free. It is unfortunate that even after all that you still did not fully appreciate the coverage.
We are available to answer questions anytime you have one. Our goal is to provide the best possible coverage at the best possible cost to our customers.

Protect My Car Company Information