Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.24/5

Protect My Car is a premier Auto Repair Protection provider. The company's goal is to eliminate the worry of being financially responsible for an expensive mechanical breakdown. With a Protect My Car Vehicle Service Contract or Ambassador Plan, you’re instantly eliminating any concerns about being fully burdened with the cost of a covered repair.

Protect My Car LLC Video
Protect My Car Call Now Toll Free (609) 401-2762 Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

Protect My Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car LLC?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

The rep from Protect My Car with whom I worked with was very nice.

Protect My Car response

Short and to the point. Thank you for those comments. It does make a difference when the people with whom you are dealing really treat you as an individual, with individual needs. We very much appreciate your business.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

One of Protect My Car's representatives called and was advertising and she caught my interest. She sounded so down to earth while she was explaining the company. The coverage is great and it's been good so far with them.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It is very important to everyone here at Protect My Car that we provide the most professional service possible. We want to end each day knowing we have helped a lot of people with vehicle problems that could have ruined not just their day but their budget for months to come. It means a lot to get comments from our policyholders that let us know we are doing just that.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

I had another company and when Protect My Car called, I dropped the other company and ended up with them. They were cheaper. My husband and I have the same type of car and we've both had service done. It went well, although the service people were saying that Protect My Car took a long time and had them on hold for a long time. Also, my husband paid for an oil change and didn't realize that it was already covered by Protect My Car. I took a picture of the receipt and emailed it to them. It's been about two weeks and I haven't heard anything. But other than that, everything is good. I’m glad I have them.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We do regret the delays you experienced. We have transitioned to a "work from home" status due to the pandemic. Unfortunately, that transition caused some delays. We are very proud that our staff has been able to work so well and so hard from home during this pandemic. We very much appreciate your patience during this time. We chose not to lay off any employees, but to ask that they work from home during the shutdown. Thanks to their tremendous effort, we are able to provide full care and services for our customers and potential customers (although, regretfully, some delays did occur during the transition to work from home). We treat our staff, employees, agents and adjusters, as well as our customers, as family. They, in turn, have really stepped up to help our company continue to provide outstanding service to our customers. We could not be more proud of them, or more grateful to our customers.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

I needed a service contract so that my car will be protected in case of a breakdown. The price of Protect My Car was more convenient for me. However, the first claim I had was a hassle. I was just having to call in and then I had to call so that they could speak with a mechanic, and the mechanic was so busy that time and he said he had to stay on the phone for so long. At first, he didn't even wanna take that time to call. He said that they keep on hold for too long. I thought that was when they were backed up because of the Coronavirus. I ended up having to stay on hold for a while before I was able to get someone on the phone. The hold time was about 20 minutes. But the second claim I had was okay.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments and your patience while we handled your claim. We know it was difficult to get through to our claims department for a period of time. Due to the pandemic shutdown, we transitioned our employees to a work from home status. We have kept all employees on the payroll and they have really come through for us and all our customers. We did check on the issue you mentioned and it has been handled.
We do apologize for the delay and we hope you will understand that the pandemic caused trouble and delays for everyone.

Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I heard about Protect My Car on the radio and it seemed like a good investment for my car. But all the things that ever went wrong with my car were things that they didn't cover, so I had to pay for those myself. The only thing I benefited from using their policy was that I got two oil changes and I had someone tow my car one time. At first, I wanted to purchase a service contract because I thought it was gonna be helpful for me on repair parts, but in the long run, it wasn't. It wasn't really beneficial for me to get the policy at the end of the day because I can just pay for oil changes.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they have something serious about to happen to their car, like if the engine is about to blow up. But overall, I had a good experience. When the broke down, it was late at night and they picked up right away. And the tow truck guy didn't take 30 minutes to get to me. I just didn't get what I expected and I should have looked into it more before I decided to get a policy with them.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We understand completely. Remember, our policies are intended to help customers with mechanical breakdowns, which are almost always unexpected and very costly. Maintenance of a vehicle is something you can schedule and plan for financially. To keep the policy cost down and provided help for the unexpected breakdowns, vehicle breakdown policies do not cover the cost of maintenance and wear and tear items (except for oil changes and tire rotations which ARE covered). Adding these services to a policy would make the monthly cost of the policy too expensive for most people, especially for those on a budget.
Tires, batteries, gaskets and seals are maintenance items. That means that they must be maintained and replaced at regular intervals. The purpose of the policy is to pay for covered component failure, not items that must be replaced at regular intervals as they wear out. In short, you can plan ahead for regular maintenance. You cannot see a component failure coming. That is where the coverage really helps.

Thank you again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

Protect my Car had great deals and offers better than other warranty companies. I went with them and their rep provided excellent service. If I have any questions, I can call customer service. Getting my free oil change through them was easy for me.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those very insightful comments. We do spend a lot of time with customers making sure they have all the information needed to make an informed choice regarding their coverage and ways to get the most out of their coverage. We spend over one million dollars a month helping folks with the cost of auto repairs and we are grateful to each and every customer who puts their faith in us.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

Protect My Car had low payments. The representative explained the coverage very well for me to understand it. Now, my car sometimes gets to a certain mile and it starts shaking. I wanted to see if the policy would cover it.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments and for choosing Protect My Car. Remember, you can choose any licensed repair shop (or dealership) to take a look at your car to find out what is causing the shaking. Have the shop call our claims administrator right away so they can work together to get resolve this issue. Helping you, our customer, is exactly what we are here for and the reason you got the coverage. So take advantage.

Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

The contract on my vehicle had expired and needed some just in case I get in a tight jam and I need some assistance. I was with CarShield but I did not go back because the price was not reasonable. They tried to go up on a price on me so I tried something different. I went with Protect My Car because once I heard it, I felt like it was a no-brainer. It went smooth with their rep. I've reached out to see how to use my free oil change and that was smooth as well.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much.
We do work hard to make sure this protection is affordable for everyone’s budget. It’s all part of not just doing the right thing, but doing things right for each customer.

Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I got an enormous amount of phone calls saying that the warranty on my car had expired. I drive an old car and I don't wanna have to deal with those expenses. I looked into it and the price that another company quoted me was almost $400 a month. Then, I was looking for something about oil changes and when the Protect My Car rep caught me, I asked if it includes oil changes. He said it doesn't but he got the underwriter on the phone to have my plan include that for at least 12 months. It was a great value. They were a fraction of the cost of the other people who have been calling me and they threw in what I asked for. Also, everybody I talked to was amazing. I used it for an oil change and Protect My Car was fine.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We do work hard to make sure your experience with Protect My Car is a positive one and that the whole process, from choosing the right coverage, to making sure it is comfortable on your budget, to fast and efficient claims service, towing and rental car benefits, gives you great peace of mind.

Thank you once again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything else we can do for you.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

I am writing this review after speaking with one a Protect My Car "Supervisor" over the phone. I signed up for the Protect My Car Service only because they offered me a "first-time caller promotion". The promotion and service warranty sounded like a great deal so I decided to go ahead and sign up knowing that I could always shop around and cancel the service within 30 days. After looking into other companies and customer reviews I quickly realized that Protect My Car was not for me.

I called the customer service line to cancel the policy and be refunded for the payment, but the "supervisor" was extremely difficult to communicate with. I stated over 15 times that I wanted to cancel the service and be credited for the down payment, but this representative did not get it. She kept trying to sell me more coverage and was unresponsive when I reiterated that I wanted to cancel. She was extremely unprofessional and simply did not listen to my request. Finally, I mentioned that if she didn't cancel the policy that I would be forced to dispute the charge with American Express. She definitely heard me now, but it took 45 minutes to do a simple cancellation and credit. DO NOT BUY THE PROTECT MY CAR SERVICE – THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. we are sorry you had a difficult time with the customer service representative. We will look into the matter.

Thank you, too, for trying the coverage for yourself. We hope you find the coverage you are looking for.

Protect My Car Company Information