Protect My Car
3.43/5

Protect My Car

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Protect My Car provides mechanical breakdown and maintenance coverage for your vehicle by offering both maintenance plans and extended auto warranties. Maintenance plans cover oil changes, tire rotations, and up to 50% off on mechanical repair costs. Extended auto warranty plans cover vehicles up to ten years old or newer that have up to 125,000 miles – keeping your vehicle covered far beyond your manufacturer's warranty plan.

Extended auto warranty plans cover labor and parts cost of your mechanical failures and all repairs are paid with our corporate credit card account, so your only out-of-pocket expense is a $100 deductible. All extended auto warranty plans include 24/7 Roadside Assistance, which can be used for tow services when your vehicle breaks down or runs out of gas. They will also reimburse rental car expenses if the labor time for your repairs takes longer than 4 hours.

Call today for more information on the Ambassador maintenance plans. Claims adjusters help you every step of the way with a hassle-free claims process. Call today for a free, no-obligation quote.

Customers set up their contract using the no-fee payment plan. Small monthly payments can be made for as long as 24 to 42 months, making coverage affordable for everyone. With our no-fee payment plan, the cost for coverage is less than $2 per day.

Call today and activate your policy with as little as $99 down. All customers have a full 30-day money back guarantee.

Protect My Car LLC Video
Protect My Car LLC Gallery (1)
ABBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Protect My Car allows a long 60-month repayment plan. Although their Ambassador plan only offers partial coverage, Protect My Car’s other plans satisfy a wide array of needs.

PROS

• Specialized plan for older cars
  • Low down payment
  • Longest repayment period

CONS

• Not offered in all states
  • One plan offers only partial coverage

Top Protect My Car Reviews

10/18/2018

I also like the number of items covered by Protect My Car, more significantly the cost per month I have set up with them, the overall contract duration and total financing that I’m working at with them over a four-year period.

12/23/2018

Protect My Car had answers. It was just a better experience. It was easier to do business with them ... and the person I dealt with was very knowledgeable. He was very helpful in helping me weigh the pros and cons. Plus it wasn’t a high-pressure type of sale. It was more of a relaxed conversation.

What is Protect My Car?

Protect My Car is an extended auto warranties broker. They offer options to repay an extended auto warranty plan over 36 or 60 months. Down payments start as low as $99, and Protect My Car estimates most plans cost about $2 a day. Three plans offer everything from basic to bumper-to-bumper coverage, and a plan specially designed for aging cars lets customers save on repairs.

Protect My Car payment

You can request a free quote online from Protect My Car. Down payments come as low as $99, meaning it only costs about $100 to activate your plan. A 30-day money back guarantee, standard among extended auto warranty companies, allows you to cancel your plan in the first 30 days if you haven’t made a claim. This is helpful in case you decide that an extended auto warranty isn’t right for you.

The actual Protect My Car cost comes out to less than $2 a day. The deductible for most of your car repairs will be around $100 with Protect My Car.

Protect My Car offers two repayment period options: 36 months or 60 months. The 60-month payment period is among the longest you will find. Many Protect My Car reviews praise this flexibility in payment. This makes even pricier extended auto warranty plans much easier to repay.

Protect My Car plans

Protect My Car offers three traditional plans in addition to a plan specially designed for older cars, where just a portion of repairs is covered. These three plans are called the Driveline, Select and Supreme plans:

• The Driveline plan is designed for vehicles with high mileage. It covers electrical systems, fuel systems, drive axles, transmission and the engine.
  • The Select plan offers everything the Driveline plan offers, plus coverage for the ABS master cylinder, temperature control, brake system and heating and cooling systems.
  • The Supreme plan covers everything covered in the Select plan, plus coverage for front and rear suspension and steering components. This is the closest thing Protect My Car has to a bumper-to-bumper extended auto warranty.

The plan tailored toward older cars is called the Ambassador plan. It is a little different from the above plans. It is specifically designed for cars with over 150,000 miles. There are no mileage or age restrictions. This plan does not fully cover the cost of repairs. Instead, it covers a portion of costs, saving customers 25 percent on average for repairs.

ServiceDrivelineSelectSupreme
ABS master cylinder
Steering components
Front and rear suspension

Protect My Car coverage

Protect My Car coverage is limited to cars under 150,000 miles and less than 10 years old. Protect My Car contracts range from 3–5 years in length and are generally transferrable. The liability limit on a Protect My Car extended warranty is a flat rate instead of being based on the value of the car.

Protect My Car roadside assistance comes with all of Protect My Car’s main plans and is available 24/7. This includes fuel delivery, tire changes, tow services, vehicle lockout services and emergency jump starts. If your car’s in the shop for repairs, Protect My Car will provide up to $30 a day for up to seven days in rental car reimbursements. Those with an Ambassador plan can receive rental car reimbursements of up to $90, or three days at $30 each.

You’ll have to wait 30 days after your contract is signed and drive 1,000 miles before Protect My Car will accept claims. Protect My Car customer service is available 24/7. Protect My Car, unfortunately, is not able to protect cars in California, Florida, New York, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma or Washington.

Is Protect My Car worth it?

Protect My Car is a good option for extended auto warranties. Even if the extended auto warranty for your specific car isn’t the cheapest option available, Protect My Car allows 60 months to pay it off. The Driveline, Select and Supreme plans offer a wide variety of coverage that will please most customers. The Ambassador plan appeals to those with older cars or cars with high mileage because there are no limits based on mileage or age. Protect My Car warranty reviews also praise the low down payments. Overall, Protect My Car is a good choice for customers looking for a dependable extended auto warranty.

2283 Protect My Car Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I needed protection based on the history of my vehicle and Protect My Car had the lowest price. Purchasing the protection plan was fairly simple. I gave them the VIN number, they gave me the pricing based on the number of years I wanted to have the warranty and that was it. They helped me understand the pricing and the restrictions of the warranty.

I have already filed a claim for a transmission replacement and another for a routine oil change but that wasn't the most fun. They explained to me some of the restrictions on the warranty and what would be covered and what wouldn't. They made claims that certain things in my car weren't factory when they were. We had a bit of a discrepancy between the status of my car and what they said but they gave a remediation plan which I accepted, so we moved forward. Notwithstanding the modifications issues, the coverage has been good. I feel more reassured that I don't have to fix everything myself. If you're not mechanically inclined, Protect My Car comes in pretty handy. Just be mindful of what you think you may get claims paid for.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are glad you chose Protect My Car and that we have been able to save you so much money on your repairs.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I bought a car for my niece back in April of 2014 and when she couldn't keep up with the payment in April 2015, a year later, I took the car back from her. So, I noticed then that it is a German car, it’s a 2006, and I needed to have a warranty on that type of car. I always try to find other competitors that gave a better offer. With Protect My Car, I'll pay 50% for repairs and they'll pay the other 50%, and they deal with a facility who does the type of work and takes that type of warranty.

I spoke with their rep on the phone when I had to give them a credit card. So every month, they automatically take the payment from the credit card. It's $90.06. It's for five years, and there are 18 months where I don't have to pay. I filed a claim on the 29th of December last year and they paid 50% of it. The process was good. When I called in, they gave me everything that would be covered under the warranty, and I dealt with a foreign auto body that dealt with the car. Overall, Protect My Car's service was good and I had a good experience.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repair and we look forward to helping you in the future when you need help.
Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is any thing we can do to help out.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I had Protect My Car service contract for a couple of years. The person I worked with was nice. He went through the whole thing with me and explained the details. When I submitted a claim, I had to call and speak with somebody, then you have to take it to a licensed place to have it done. Then, they need to call and get the approval. And although the claims process took longer than it should’ve cause of the back and forth trying to get all the information, the coverage is good for the price I was paying. I benefited from it. All my friends know about Protect My Car. I told them all about it back when I had it. But the cost has gotten higher and higher. In fact, I paid $50 a month. I called about my same-year car I got now with fewer miles on it. It’s a different car, but they wanted more than double my payment that I was on before. It's too high so I can’t do it now.

Protect My Car response

We cannot thank you enough for the great comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind. We do work very hard to make sure the policy is affordable, and that policyholders get the kind of help they need when they need help.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I bought a car and it didn’t have a warranty on it. I knew that I should have something that’s worth the buck after I first got the car because you never know how people took care of it before. I read some good reviews about Protect My Car such as they are reliable and they did what they claimed they were gonna do. They covered the repairs of 50% of the book value. I saw favorable reviews and wanted the warranty. I didn’t have any trouble signing up with them and the purchase process was pretty straightforward. They wanted money up front to get it started. Now I do an automatic payment out of my checking account every month. I don’t have to write a check every month so it's pretty seamless.

I filed a claim to Protect My Car for the power steering fluid pump that went out and the timing tensioners that needed to be replaced because they were gonna break. I had to take the car to Coventry Cars and had their repair guy give me an estimate. I then talked to an adjuster who asked the credit card company to pay the half of it. At first, Protect My Car denied Coventry as the repair shop and no one also told the repair guy why that was so. He had to talk to Protect My Car. He said that they are the strangest warranty company he had dealt with.

When the car was repaired, I went down and signed the receipt for Coventry saying the car was repaired and took the car away. I left Protect My Car two messages and I've been trying to get a hold of them since Monday but I haven't gotten any return calls. I know is a holiday but aside from my calls, the Coventry guy called Protect My Car a couple of times too but neither one of us has gotten a callback. I'm not real pleased about that, but I'm more upset about the fact I found out yesterday. The guy at Coventry Cars said ProtectMyCar gave him a really bad time about the repairs. They asked him to reduce his prices to make the bill lower. I wasn’t told about it and so I ended up paying more than 50% of the repair, which is what I was only supposed to pay. Protect My Car was supposed to take up the other 50%. They were actually getting more than 50%. I'm not happy with Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are at a loss to understand what your repair shop told you. the claim was processed and approved the same day we received it and the final invoice was paid the same day we received it from the shop.
The coverage saves you 50% of the original estimate your shop provides. That is done by reducing repair costs on parts and labor and paying any difference in cash to get you the guaranteed result. We are glad that this coverage has saved you so much since you have had it.
All in all, over the six claims processed for you, you have saved twice the amount you have spent in premiums. Not a bad deal at all.
If you ever have any questions, or need explanations, please call us. we work for you and we are always happy to assist you.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Having a service contract for my car seemed like a good idea. However, Protect My Car's protection specialist could have explained the contract better because I thought that I had full vehicle coverage. When I was talking to the guy, he said bumper-to-bumper. But then when I went to put in a claim because my motor went out, I find out that they only covered half and I had to get all my brakes redone, the liner and the calipers. Some of Protect My Car's specialists need some more education. I probably wouldn't have gotten the service contract if the rep would have told me that they only covered half. They didn't cover the engine and replacing the seals. That was another 300 and some dollars I had to pay myself. They only covered the engine block.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We regret that you had a negative experience with the coverage. For older, high mileage vehicles that cannot find coverage anywhere else, we do offer coverage that reduces repair costs by half. The coverage is fully explained at the time of purchase and s clearly defined in the contract. Customers always have thirty days to review the contact risk free. It is unfortunate that even after all that you still did not fully appreciate the coverage.
We are available to answer questions anytime you have one. Our goal is to provide the best possible coverage at the best possible cost to our customers.

Thanks again for your comments.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car LLC?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

When the warranty on my car ran out, I figured a service contract would be a good investment. Protect My Car reached out to me at that time and when I signed up with them, my interaction with their vehicle protection specialist went well. I spoke with a representative when I had to file a claim and every time I called, someone was there to respond. They answered all the questions that I had and made it simple for me. Their customer service and the way they handled everything were very good. Protect My Car has different coverage plans and the pricing for what I have appeared reasonable. I probably have the wrong package for what I needed but I have had a good experience with them and they are a good company to work with.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those comments. We are very glad you chose Protect My Car. With great rates, towing, maintenance and repairs covered, not to mention rental car reimbursement, it just makes sense to get some protection before you vehicle breaks down and leaves you stranded on the side of road.

Thanks for your comments and for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I use my vehicle for a business and I need it to be running at all times. I don't have time for it to sit. I googled warranty providers and Protect My Car popped up. The specialist and I had to go back and forth a few times. I had some specific questions and I wanted to make sure the contract covered everything, and they were able to get back with me on everything. I wanted all the mechanicals -- the motor and the transmission -- to be covered, and that's what I got.

I had work done on the vehicle and when I had it done, it was very aggravating. I did not like it all. In the end, I was gonna pay like three-quarters of the cost and Protect My Car was gonna pay a quarter of it, which isn't what I signed up for. It was closer to the full price that I was gonna be paying. In the beginning, I stressed to them that I only use Ford manufactured parts on my vehicle that is a Ford and I don't use aftermarket cheap parts that I'm gonna have to replace again in a year. However, they wanted to sell me the cheaper parts and give me the money for the parts. I went back and forth with them after I got my vehicle. They said that they renegotiated and that I paid my portion of the unnegotiated price. They also said that that was the way they operate. If they can pay half and I pay half, I should pay half of the negotiated price, not the pre-negotiated price.

I wasn't also given a loaner. I was without my vehicle for two weeks while they were going back and trying to figure out which parts they were allowed to use and which parts they weren't allowed to use. I was saying that we are using Ford parts on my truck. They were injectors and glow plugs, and those are very important parts of a diesel truck. I was completely dissatisfied and I would not recommend Protect My Car to anybody, but everything has been said and done and they worked with me in the end and deposited some money back into my account, and paid it to where it was half and half. I had to go through managers to get it done, but they owned up to saying they were wrong.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. So you will know, we only use OEM parts and warrant those parts for 12 months or 12,000 miles. We are very glad the coverage saved you over $1,700 on a $3,400 repair.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I purchased a contract with ProtectMyCar because if I have vehicle repairs, I don't want to pay for it out of my pocket. ProtectMyCar took care of me. They'll always do it without having any problem and misunderstanding. They answered all of my questions, and they were upfront with me. They did everything I needed them to do. I filed a claim once and they put a new motor in my truck. Everything went according to plan and schedule. My vehicle wasn't missing long.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

We've been going on about two years with ProtectMyCar and initially, we signed up because a gentleman recommended them. When we had a claim, we didn't understand the process as far as what we had to pay first for them to take care of the business. Also, the policy only paid half of the cost of the repair and it took so long to get the car fixed. But ProtectMyCar's reps did what they were supposed to do and at the end, they've taken care of the business with us.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. As you may know, most older, high mileage cars simply do not qualify for any coverage. Obviously, those are the vehicles that are most likely to suffer a mechanical breakdown. Our Ambassador policies were created with just those vehicles in mind. The coverage provides a wide variety of benefits including free oil changes, tire rotations and a reduction of 50% in repair costs. Depending on the repair, the repair time can be longer than expected, but we do make sure the repairs are done right the first time.
We are happy to have helped you with your repair and look forward to doing so again when you need us.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I like Protect My Car's coverages and when I needed the warranty, they helped me out. They covered whatever I needed according to the terms and conditions of the policy. I filed a claim one time and they came out with their own payment. Everything was good.

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for providing your comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Providing our policy holders with good peace of mind is our most important goal. We are glad to give the help you needed with your repairs and we stand ready to do so again when the need arises. What will never change is our willingness to go the extra mile to help you when you need it.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I activated a new credit card and during the activation, the promotion from Protect My Car came up and they transferred me. I talked to their rep and it seemed very convenient at the time. I was convinced easily and I took advantage of it. It turned out to be very good for me. The rep I talked to was very professional and everything was in order. Then, five months after the purchase of the program, my transmission failed. I called Protect My Car service and told me to take it to the dealer. I went there and they dealt with it. Everything with Protect My car was on time and if there were issues, they would always return my calls. They are very reliable, so I don’t have to worry about anything. If the car broke down, they have a towing service available. It’s a pretty amazing experience.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those comments. One reason we have had so much success is just what you mentioned. We treat each customer as an individual with individual needs. We know that one size does not fit all. Working with each person to get the right coverage at the right cost and get the repairs done with no hassle really helps give folks good peace of mind.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car. Glad to have you.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

My car is a 2009 Cadillac and parts are fairly expensive and having help with the maintenance cost like that is a luxury for a luxury. Protect My Car was the first one that popped up on Google at that time when I was searching and decided to go with them. I filed a claim for my transmission and the mechanic told them that it could’ve been due to the radiator or the flood but because he mentioned flood, Protect My Car didn’t cover it. I had to pay $3,000 by myself.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We regret that we were unable to approve your claim. We can only go by what the shop you chose to use reports to us. Since the coverage is for mechanical breakdown,and does not cover damage due to accidents, floods or other external events, we had to deny that claim.
While it is always important to us to help as much as we can, we do recognise our responsibility to all contract holders.

Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I spoke with someone from Protect My Car over the phone. It was a good sales pitch and it worked out well. They were very professional at that time. However, nothing that was advertised actually really happened. If they went by the things that were prompt and what they have in writing, then they would be a great company. I had a repair done, but doing that, I had to do something to get them to honor their deal. And for one, I had one of their representatives, who told me that my car was down and that I should take it to the shop and have them assess it. I did exactly that. The shop called Protect My Car, and they worked out the deal and they fixed my car.

Once the car was fixed, it was time to pay. Protect My Car was telling me that they didn’t okay it, and I should have called in first. So I called the Better Business Bureau to help me out because I couldn't get Protect My Car to honor their quote. I tried to stick it out with them after that for a while, and there were other few things that upset me with them. The guy I spoke with over the phone quoted me so many different things. And then when it was time to do the repair, it was something totally different.

They never gave me the actual thing that I needed to know. I asked them to send me my cancellation papers so I can get that done and over with. And a few months after that, they kept calling me, telling me my payments were late. It was just too much of a mix-up. Also, there was one time when I did an oil change. The first time I did an oil change, we had some complications with it. The second time, it was okay. But it was never an easy transaction with Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to once again explain the repair coverage that occured on your claim. As you know, mechanical repair contracts handle breakdowns that occur after a contract is issued. No contract, no matter who issues it, will help with a pre-existing condition. Since your transmission was broken down at the time you go the coverage, we could have refused to approve the claim. However, we did help with the cost of the repair, saving you at least 50% of that cost. Not many companies would have gone that extra mile.
We are glad that the BBB and, hopefully, you understood that fact.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

My warranty was expiring. My dad researched and he set the whole family up with Protect My Car. Last February, I filed a claim for the transmission and took the vehicle to a shop. My experience had been decent although I’m not planning on keeping this car much longer. Protect My Car's coverage was good for what it was worth but the issues that I’m having are not covered. Nonetheless, I have recommended them.

Protect My Car response
If you are having any problems with your vehicle, please call us so we can assist you. That is what the policy is for. It clearly lists each and every component covered and we are sure you will agree that list is very extensive.
Please do not wait to get help if you need it. If there is anything else you have a question about, please call. We will, as we have on many occasions in the past, give you straight up answers to assist you.

Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I didn’t have a car warranty. My son got Protect My Car warranty first so I went on and got one too. My interaction with the rep went really well. We did everything over the phone and he answered everything. And then, I had problems with my car. I took it in and got it fixed. The mechanic called in Protect My Car and took care of it, and everything went smooth sailing. After I got the car fixed, I got rid of it. I would highly recommend Protect My Car. You pay half and they pay half so you can't go wrong. Protect My Car is good to go with.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

My car had a lot of miles on it. Protect My Car gave me a bargain for my warranty and negotiated with us. We also tried CarShield, but they were too expensive and didn’t even wanna bargain with the deposit and the monthly payment. My husband and I are both disabled and on a set income. I let Protect My Car know and they helped me out with the price. I was offered one plan, but I thought that it was too much and couldn’t afford it. The rep kept negotiating until he found something I could afford. Plus, he was nice on the phone and respectful. When I got my other vehicle, I went back to them and also put it up there.

The warranties cost a lot but Protect My Car honors them. They fix everything that is wrong with my car. With how much stuff cost to fix on a vehicle nowadays, any help is good. I had gotten $8,000 worth of repair work done on my other vehicle. I only paid $3,000 and Protect My Car paid the rest. I had also gotten my oil changed with both vehicles. I already got two free oil changes for my vehicle that was already up there. The other one got one free oil change.

Protect My Car response
By the way, if you know friends or family who might benefit from a policy, please tell them about us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you referred someone to us who gets a policy we say thank you by sending you Visa gift card.
We do work hard to make sure this protection is affordable for everyone’s budget. It’s all part of not just doing the right thing, but doing things right for each customer.

Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I had a van, and I had the oil changed, then within two or three hours, my engine was blown. I couldn’t afford to have the engine replaced or find another motor that didn’t have as many or more miles than what my van’s motor had. So upon getting another car, I thought I wasn’t gonna have this happen again and I will be protected. And due to the age of my car, I knew that somewhere down the road I was gonna be having trouble. I got coverage with Protect My Car seeing that the price was reasonable and because it was very easy to connect with them.

Whenever I need to file a claim, I take my car into the dealer and he does it. And I never had to do any follow-up. The dealer makes the call and tells them what was wrong with the car. Protect My Car will tell him how much will be covered and then I will make a decision on whether I can cover my part. Though Protect My Car works a little slow, I’ve been lucky because the car dealer has been very patient in getting me a loaner. So, all of that time that I would’ve been without a car, I have a loaner, so I haven’t missed a beat. I’ve been really lucky as well with the service that Protect My Car provides. They have done pretty much what they said they would do and it has been exceptional.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review and giving us such a wonderful rating. We really appreciate it.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Protect My Car's product seemed like a good deal and that was why I took it. Since then, they've helped me a lot. I filed a claim to get my oil changed and when I had to rebuild my transmission. They say what they’re gonna do and they’ve been telling me where to take it and to do what I needed to do. They did the transmission in my car close to a year now and it was a good deal. It was like $3,000 and they paid half of it so everything’s good so far. But I had a bad experience about two weeks ago. I brought my car to one of the places I took it to before and the lady told me not to bring my car back there anymore. But I don’t know what was the big deal with them when she had to call Protect My Car and get the job authorized. It was probably the wait, like she had to call to change my part and they had her on hold for a long queue. She couldn't business with me anymore. It was just something she said.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are very glad we were able to help so much with the cost of your recent repair.
Unfortunately, some shops tend to charge more than is necessary for some repairs. When we call them on that practice, they tend to take it out on the customer. That may be why they don't want your business anymore. That may not be a bad thing.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car. We will be here to help the next time you need us.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I got a service contract with Protect My Car for my then 11 year old car, with less than 50,000 miles on it, and my experience with the company has been excellent. I decided to do it because it was cancellable. Two months later, I had a major claim. I took the car to my BMW dealer and the mechanic had never heard of the company. Protect My Car then called, authorized the claim and paid. The dealer said they're one of the easiest warranty companies they've ever dealt with. Two months later, I had a second claim, and they did the same. So, I've been very happy. Their rep was excellent. What he described was exactly what I got. They've also done a free oil change and even did it at BMW cost which is part of what they warranty. And given the low mileage, we’re to do it once a year. The quality of service that we got was top rating.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for those thoughts. It means a lot to us to know our hard work pays off. Thanks for the five stars and the great review. We appreciate your choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Tried to get reimbursement for the rental car. Did not get anything. They first said that I have to call them and I have to pay upfront for the car rental to get reimbursement. After I called back they said, "Cant do it. You have to call us earlier." Similar instances happen with other claims as well. Not very happy with the services. They always try to find something where they can avoid paying us. And I don't have any guidelines where I could find for which I am allowed to get paid or not.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your providing them.
We do regret that we were unable to reimburse you for the rental car. To be fair to all our customers, we do ask that your premium payments be up to date in order to have a claim approved. Although we did offer several solutions, even reducing the monthly premium costs, we regret that you were unable to continue the coverage.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Vehicle maintenance is expensive whereas with Protect My Car, I pay $67 for the platinum policy. You can't beat that. It is very good coverage too. In fact, I gave my supervisor the number for her to try to get a policy as well. Submitting claims with Protect My Car is also an easy process. I just put it to documentation and they do the rest.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We take pride in exercising good judgment by doing the right thing, not just doing things right.
Thank you, too, for referring folks to us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you referred someone to us who now has a policy we say thank you with a Visa gift card. Please let us know who you have referred so we can thank you this way.

Thank you once again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any thing else we can do for you.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

We have a 20-year-old truck with Protect My Car that I didn't wanna get rid of. When the engine went, we put the new engine in except that we weren’t expecting that after we bought the new engine, the transmission would go out in six months. The only bad experience with Protect My Car was the extended time spent on the phone. We called that claim in but a wrecker had to pick the truck up and there was a delay. The wrecker guy had a business to run and he was having to wait on getting approval to pick it up. The auto shop was also having trouble getting a hold of people and getting stuff verified. But everybody was nice.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We do tailor make the coverage to accommodate older vehicles with high mileage that simply cannot get coverage elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

As a service they are good, the customer service is good except for the fact they don't like it when I tried to cancel my policy. I told them I did not have a job and they still tried to get me to stay. They don't care if you have the money and it is very frustrating to deal with that. And they made me feel bad about it.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We regret that you felt it was difficult to cancel the coverage. We know from the thousands of customers who have the same issue you did that giving up coverage when you have financial issues an make them worse when your vehicle breaks down. That's why we offer so much help to folks who are in that situation.

We do thank you for choosing Protect My Car. We look forward to helping you again when things get better for you.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Our vehicle was coming over about 200,000 miles at the time and I needed to have some protection. Protect My Car presented themselves in a good manner. The vehicle protection specialist did a good job. He told me that what they would do is negotiate with the mechanic over what the costs were, and then they would pay what they felt would be a fair and reasonable amount. The cost from the repairs would come down for half of what I would pay without the service and that was enough of a sale for me because my car now has 282,000 miles.

I've had the experience of utilizing their services and it worked. When there was a slight delay in sending the money to the mechanic, I spoke to their customer service rep. The interaction went well and they got it done by the end of that business day. There are new things that have decided to stop working at 282,000 miles. It started to develop little electrical glitches and I'm planning to use it again soon. The warranty is a good program and I don't mind the $54 a month. Protect My Car serves me well and I've had good experience with them. I'm a satisfied customer at this point and I'd recommend it.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your review and your comments. We are one of the very few companies that are willing to help customers with older, high mileage vehicles. You just can't beat the service, benefits and the low cost even if you vehicle has more than 200,000 miles on it.

Thank you again for the comments and for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I did not have any coverage on my car. I googled some car warranty places and ProtectMyCar was one of those that came up. There was something with the engine of my car so I filed a claim with them and the process wasn't difficult at all. The quality of service was okay but I expected a little more.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission in life to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. We are very glad the policy, our staff and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

My truck is getting older and I found Protect My Car and listened to what they offered. They fit what I needed and everybody there was professional and efficient. I had one repair done while I had the coverage and it was easy. They told me the choices of where I could take the vehicle and I took it to one of the places and didn’t have to deal with any of it. I just turned it over to the garage and they handled it through the garage. It worked out well for me. It was a $4,000 repair, so being able to split it with somebody was awesome. It was a good deal. It’s almost like having a rich dad who’s gonna help you out if things go wrong.

It would’ve been nicer to have a higher coverage than 50% but understandably so. I had a good experience. In fact, I have recommended them to a couple of people. Protect My Car is an awesome security, especially when you have a family, you’re on a paycheck-to-paycheck status and unexpected costs come up. If you can afford that $100 a month, it’s definitely worth it in the long run if something big goes wrong.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those comments. They really make a lot of sense. Your comments echo what we firmly believe.

Thanks again for your comments and for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Having an extended service contract for a vehicle is necessary so I got Protect My Car. So far, the service has been good. Filing a claim with them was easy and I like their quality of service.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Since I only run vehicles that are over 10 years old, not too many people would provide extended warranty. A lot of other companies wouldn’t touch that. But Protect My Car's package was nice. Their rep was really nice. He understood that I run older vehicles because it’s mostly cost-effective for a farming business that I’m in. And it seems like so many people want nothing to do with the vehicles as soon as they get to be five or 10 years old.

However, it didn’t exactly work out the way that I thought it would’ve. When I did a claim for my truck, they asked my shop to have a higher rate than what their actual rate is, which was really odd. And even the markup on the parts was way higher than what the normally marked-up parts. So, I ended up paying more out of my pocket than what it would cost me to have the shop do it for me and that really wasn’t a good deal on my part. I just decided to part ways with them and just keep some things the way I normally do it.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your providing them. Just to clear up your question, we are happy to approve upgraded parts upon the customer's request. All we ask is that the customer pay the difference in that cost. That's why the final invoice was higher than the shops original estimate that included only the standard parts.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

ProtectMyCar contacted me and at that time, I needed help in fixing my car so I said, “Yes.” Their reps were knowledgeable and when I submitted a claim to them, the process went really quickly. Once I got the car to the shop, they processed it within two days. I had to contact them a couple of times with a roadside assistance and with fixing my engine. I needed an engine replacement and they paid a certain amount and I paid a certain amount. It was a big amount but I understood.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repairs and road side assistance and we look forward to helping you in the future when you need help.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Getting a warranty from Protect My Car was a good deal. Their rep did a good sale. I filed a claim for my sensors and the process went fine. However, I had an additional problem with my car, and I didn’t use my warranty because it was a little bit too difficult to use it. I didn’t know what the problem was with my vehicle, and it took a while for them to determine what it was. They ended up changing all my sensors in my vehicle, and I ended up paying for it.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We were surprised that you chose not to have the shop you used file a claim for the second repair. The first repair saved you over $1,600 (more than twice the premiums paid on the coverage).

In any event, thank you for choosing Protect My Car. We look forward to helping you again when you need the help.

Protect My Car Company Information