Protect My Car
4.02/5

Protect My Car

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Protect My Car provides mechanical breakdown and maintenance coverage for your vehicle by offering both maintenance plans and extended auto warranties. Maintenance plans cover oil changes, tire rotations, and up to 50% off on mechanical repair costs. Extended auto warranty plans cover vehicles up to ten years old or newer that have up to 125,000 miles – keeping your vehicle covered far beyond your manufacturer's warranty plan.

Extended auto warranty plans cover labor and parts cost of your mechanical failures and all repairs are paid with our corporate credit card account, so your only out-of-pocket expense is a $100 deductible. All extended auto warranty plans include 24/7 Roadside Assistance, which can be used for tow services when your vehicle breaks down or runs out of gas. They will also reimburse rental car expenses if the labor time for your repairs takes longer than 4 hours.

Call today for more information on the Ambassador maintenance plans. Claims adjusters help you every step of the way with a hassle-free claims process. Call today for a free, no-obligation quote.

Customers set up their contract using the no-fee payment plan. Small monthly payments can be made for as long as 24 to 42 months, making coverage affordable for everyone. With our no-fee payment plan, the cost for coverage is less than $2 per day.

Call today and activate your policy with as little as $99 down. All customers have a full 30-day money back guarantee.

Protect My Car LLC Video
Protect My Car LLC Gallery (1)
ABBB Rating
View More View More

2435 Protect My Car Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I researched Protect My Car and I read up on it. They sounded like the best. Their reps were pretty straightforward. It was pretty easy to submit a claim. My car needed some work done, and I brought it to the shop. I called Protect My Car, and I told them, and then they spoke to Volkswagen. It was paid for and I just had to pay my half. It was pretty quick. I'd definitely recommend Protect My Car. They're good.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I was trying to call my insurance company, but I hit the wrong button and I ended up talking with Protect My Car. At the time, I was kinda in the situation where it made sense to get an extended warranty for my car, so I decided to go with it. I have them for five months now and so far, I've submitted claims for a whole bunch of stuff that needed to be done.

The vehicle got messed up initially during one of the floods. We didn't get flooded out, but my wife decided to go turn the vehicle into a boat and go through this big puddle of water. The spark plug got rusted in, so they had to get it out, then they bored it out and put another one in. But it created a compression issue and the space was changed. When they hooked it up to the diagnostic, it was saying that, "You need to do this, ", and they would do that but then it wouldn't fix the problem. So, they were saying, "You have to do this," and still, that didn't fix the problem. The things that they were doing were things that were needed, but they were not gonna fix the compression issue. They were just doing everything that they could to try to make it run more smoothly, but there's nothing that you can do for a compression issue. So that's why we're at square one.

Right now, my vehicle is still not performing like it should have been and it's not in the condition that I would think I would be able to drive it every day to work. And when I spoke with the tech from Protect My Car, we both agreed that the people were kinda pulling for straws. What they were doing wasn't gonna remedy the issue and they were trying to just put band-aids on it. Other than that, the necessary claims were denied and I had to pay my portion of the expenses.

In my situation, purchasing an extended warranty was necessary. My truck was not a newer truck and I would drive it a lot. So I figured it would make sense for me to have that. However, I'm not even driving the truck now and I'm still paying for the warranty. Also, towards the end of my claim, I couldn't really get a hold of the guy that was helping me. Whenever I was able to talk to him, he was a lot of help. He was very insightful and knowledgeable. But he just disappeared.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

The Protect My Car rep that I talked to was great. He answered all of my questions and he told me everything I needed to know. I have contacted them for a specific claim and it was great. The people that did the car were the ones that went through their waiting and they were the ones that talked to Protect My Car. But they didn’t have a problem too as far as I know.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

Things went well when I purchased my Protect My Car warranty. I had some questions and they were able to answer them before I signed up. I have high mileage on my car and they were willing to still cover it. So far, I’ve gotten some work done under Protect My Car. My mechanic did the claim for some tie rods and some other stuff having to do with the suspension. Protect My Car didn't cover the struts but it did specifically say on the policy that they won’t cover that.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

One of Protect My Car's salespersons talked me into getting the warranty. He was a nice guy to talk with and he explained it right to me. Everything’s all good with Protect My Car. I have an indicator that’s coming up on my tires so maybe I'd get that checked today or tomorrow at the same time I get the oil change.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car LLC?

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I wanted to be able to get half off of my maintenance. Protect My Car was the only one that contacted me that I listened to at the time and the sales rep was pretty nice. But I have found cheaper ones and I'm disappointed. I haven't done enough business with Protect My Car, but so far I’m satisfied with them.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your review and for choosing Protect My Car to help you protect your car and your budget. We appreciate that very much and we know you'll save a ton of money with this coverage.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

To keep my vehicle under protection, I got an auto warranty with Protect My Car. I had Car Care before but I let them go. So far, Protect My Car took good care of the last claim that I did. The mechanic called them over the phone to file it, then they had to give me a call because they took an extra $500 off of my card. Big thing happened on that one, so I didn't go back to them. I go to a different place now. I go to Firestone and had an oil change done the last time. All in all, Protect My Car’s service is a little expensive, but it's less than what I would have to pay for. I'm on the SSI, so it's kinda hard for me to pay them monthly, but I do the best that I can. And I always recommend them.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those great comments. We appreciate them very much.
We do work hard to make sure your experience with Protect My Car is a positive one and that the whole process, from choosing the right coverage, to making sure it is comfortable on your budget, to fast and efficient claims service, towing and rental car benefits, gives you great peace of mind.
Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I had a 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt, and I’ve heard mostly bad things about those cars. I looked at a couple of warranties, and the one that most people recommended was Protect My Car. I looked at their website and it had a beautiful design. It had a lot of numbers to call so it was hard to figure out where to call, but I got some quotes. One of the financial advisers was able to bring me a discount from 100 or so down to 80 something a month, which was great for an Ambassador Elite program. So, I found that very helpful. Purchasing was a fairly easy and streamlined process. It was just a matter of getting some information, and it didn’t take very long. The reps told me a little bit about the process, how to go through it and different links with different resources that I can use for that. They sent me emails so I was able to figure out if I need to file a claim or have any questions.

I have not needed to file a claim, as it’s only been a matter of using Protect My Car for the discount of half the cost of any repair, which is fantastic. The first oil change I had, the garage I decided to go to was offering a decent price in oil change. But I couldn’t use the warranty because Protect My Car couldn’t accept credit cards over the phone. That was a little bit of a downer, but I was amazed that they actually refunded the entire price of the oil change. Their service is definitely great quality, and they have great people to speak with. You understand them very well, and they really take the time to explain everything to you. I've asked them if I could choose to get them again for another car to get peace of mind, and they said yes. It might not be the same discount, but it’s definitely the same service.

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for those comments. We really appreciate them. We do work hard to make sure that with one phone call you can get towed in, activate rental car benefits and get fast, efficient claims service, all with low monthly premiums tailored to fit your budget. That’s what we call good peace of mind. We are very happy that our company, staff and coverage has given you that. Best of all, we will be here to assist you when you next need help with your vehicle. Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I needed protection on my vehicle but I didn't want a full warranty. I just wanted something that would cover the repair cost and Protect My Car was the only one that I knew of so I went with them, and everything was all good. I've filed a claim with them and the process was perfect. It was not even 24 hours when my claim was completed so I was very satisfied. I would tell others to strongly consider Protect My Car if they wanna protect their car.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

To be safe on the financial side, I got a service contract for my vehicle and ended up with Protect My Car. I was trying to call another institution, but for whatever reason, my call ended up on Protect My Car's office. And then, their guy did a good job selling me the product. I’ve been thinking of selling the truck, so I called and told them that I wanted to the cancel the policy. I spoke with the supervisor that works on the cancellation, and she gave me a little discount on my monthly payment.

One of the reasons why I also wanted to cancel at that time was that I had an issue and the mechanic said he placed a claim but never got an answer from Protect My Car. My truck was at the shop for one week, and not having a response, I paid on my own. I was promised that if I send the paperwork Protect My Car would pay me, but the only time that I have access to the computer is at home. I spend so many days outside, and when I get home, I have a lot of stuff that I have to take care of.

Now, they cover almost everything, but what they could do is be like another type of car insurance, where you have only the basic liability, then you have a collision, and then you have a full cover. Depending on the level that you pay and that is what's gonna be covered. That would be good for the customer because somebody might say, “Okay. No, I just want lubricated part.” And so, the payment is gonna be a little less.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission in life to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. We are very glad the policy, our staff and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.

Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out.

Protect My Car Company Information