ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Protect My Car

Protect My Car
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.06/5

Protect My Car is a premier Auto Repair Protection provider. The company's goal is to eliminate the worry of being financially responsible for an expensive mechanical breakdown. With a Protect My Car Vehicle Service Contract or Ambassador Plan, you’re instantly eliminating any concerns about being fully burdened with the cost of a covered repair.

Protect My Car LLC Video
View More View More

Protect My Car Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I found Protect My Car on the Better Business Bureau website and they had better reviews than CarShield. I feel more comfortable with Protect My Car. They gave me some perks that were very generous for a couple of years, like the two-year oil change, and it's very cheap. Also, the reps are very nice and funny. I wasn't put out by any means, but they were very friendly and helpful and knowledgeable.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It is very important to everyone here at Protect My Car that we provide the most professional service possible. We want to end each day knowing we have helped a lot of people with vehicle problems that could have ruined not just their day but their budget for months to come. It means a lot to get comments from our policyholders that let us know we are doing just that.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

A purge valve that was part of my fuel tank had to be replaced. And then there was another valve that connects to the engine from the fuel tank that needed to be replaced too. But Protect My Car didn't cover any of it. I'm definitely dissatisfied with them. I've been with them since July last year. I paid them a lot of money and it seems like they cover things that are only bound to happen to my car once it had 200,000 miles on it. If I get standard maintenance that happens on a routine basis, they don't cover. So, I am fed up with it. I tried to cancel my policy twice before I ever even intended to use it, but they kept lowering the price for me, so I kept it. And it has $100 deductible. When I realized that half the stuff that they cover doesn't ever happen or is very unlikely to happen for another five years, it seemed pointless.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. Different plans cover different components. If you review the coverage plan you will see the very extensive list of hundreds of components covered by your plan. We do cover those components most likely to break down and are, for the most part, the most expensive to replace or repair.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

The Protect My Car rep was easy to talk to, very informative and pleasant. But when I went to the mechanic, and they had to get in touch with them, they were on hold a long period of time. It was frustrating. When I went to the mechanic, the package I signed up with covered everything. But they didn’t cover a sensor and I was upset because of that so I called to cancel. I got them because I thought they covered everything. They said, “No, it’s a sensor, and we don’t cover that.” I said, “That’s very frustrating because I’m paying this amount of money, and you should cover that.” And they lowered the price for me, which made me realize that I should’ve been paying lower all along. They didn’t want me to cancel so to avoid me canceling, they lowered the price for me, and they also added on free oil changes. But because I was leaving, now they wanted to do this for me. I could’ve had this amount from before.

And when I had to cancel, they told me they were gonna charge me a $50 canceling fee. I said, “What? You just took a payment from the first of this month, and now you wanna charge me a $50 cancellation? That’s not right. How do you expect people to refer you? How do you expect that?” So, they lowered it to $25. I was very much upset with them. But then I ended up buying another car, so I had to cancel altogether. And then they wanted me to refer the same thing to another family member. I said, “No, they don’t need it. Nobody else in the house is interested.”

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. we are happy to answer your questions. Any coverage plan, no matter who issues it, will cover only those components listed in the coverage. No coverage plan covers all components. What make Protect My Car different is that when a non-covered component breaks down, we still try to assist our customers. in your case, we reduced the cost of the plan to help you with the cost of the non-covered repair. That in no way mans that you were overcharged for the coverage and we regret that you feel that was the case. Before you decide to look for other coverage we hope you will take the time to determine what components other plans will cover and compare those with the great plan you have. We are sure you will find our plan provides the best coverage at the best price.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Protect My Car was the first one that I looked at, and the first one that contacted me, and the first one I signed up with. I've had total satisfaction with their customer service.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your review and for choosing Protect My Car to help you protect your car and your budget. We appreciate that very much and we know you'll save a ton of money with this coverage.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I had a car warranty that I had for six years and I never used them. When there was a wiring issue with my car, it ran me $700 and they said, “We don’t cover that.” I was so frustrated that I put all that money in and I never used them. And then, the one time I needed to really use them, they didn’t cover it. So, I got Protect My Car. I’ve been with them for almost two years and my experience with them has been good. They paid for the situation. They only cover the major parts such as the engine, transmission, etc. I had to get a starter put on my car. With the type of car that I got, that starter costs $500. They covered that, so I was satisfied. Protect My Car don’t cover a lot of things, but when it comes to your engine and your transmission, if you plan on keeping your car, I find it very valuable.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repair and glad we saved you so much money. That’s what a good policy is supposed to do. We look forward to helping you in the future when you need help. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.
Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out.

Thanks again for your comments.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car LLC?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I've had Protect My Car coverage for my 2010 Equinox since February last year. My experience with Protect My Car has been good, but when I had a drive axel issue, they said, “If we’re gonna work on the drive axel, we’re gonna take off your tires, take off the wheels to take the drive axel.” When putting it back, they needed to do an alignment to make sure the tire is straight with the wheels, which is normal.” Everybody understands that when you go get a new tire for your car, definitely, they’re gonna make an alignment. But they told me that they were not gonna pay for alignment. It was frustrating. So, they just paid for the drive axel and they didn’t pay for the alignment, which I was charged for 200 bucks because I took it to a Chevrolet dealership.

I’m paying $90 every month to cover my car and drive axel is covered. If not for the drive axel, they won’t touch my alignment. When you’re gonna do something, you take care of everything. That makes it professional. You ain’t gonna tell me, “We’re gonna fix this, we won’t fix that.” They should cover alignment too. But I ended up paying for it. I’ve been paying Protect My Car from February up to a year, and I’ve not even called them. My car has been running good. I don’t wanna bother them if it’s just minor. And it was the only one thing and they were saying no. So, that turned me off.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We understand that an alignment is considered necessary after replacing the axle. The coverage, however, does not cover alignments, whether as part of normal maintenance or after a repair. It is just as necessary to do an alignment as part of your normal maintenance as it is to do it after an axle replacement. We hope you will understand that does not make it part of the repair.
We are glad that we were able to save you so much money on the actual repair. We regret that you were unsatisfied with the coverage on this repair.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I was with a different company and I had to cancel them because they weren't any good. I looked up Protect My Car and called. They were respectful to me and that's why I chose them.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It is very important to everyone here at Protect My Car that we provide the most professional service possible. It means a lot to get comments from our policyholders that let us know we are doing just that.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I feel good about having Protect My Car and they're valuable as far as having protection in case of breakdowns. Their reps are available and they came to me with detailed information about what and how they protect. And I know I can trust them to make something happen for me. It becomes a problem though if something happens to my car and it goes left as far as providing me with the services that they claim they can help me with because I'm being loyal to them, paying for their services and I'm not getting these services. But Protect My car hasn't led me to that point so they're doing their job. They also got me a free oil change during the time where I didn't have enough. They haven't always been perfect when it comes to getting around to a certain issue, but when they do, the process takes a little longer because they just caught up with what I needed with my car. There's a hardship with the time but other than that, they're a good company.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for those comments. We do appreciate your choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

The dealership where I got my first car used Protect My Car and everything is great. If I know anybody, I would pass it on.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your review and for choosing Protect My Car to help you protect your car and your budget. We are proud of the fact that so many dealerships are anxious to refer their customers to Protect My Car. Professionals referring professionals says a lot. We appreciate your choosing Protect My Car and we know you'll save a ton of money with this coverage.

Thank you, too, for referring folks to us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

When my other warranty ran out, I switched over to Protect My Car and had it for two years. One time, I was on the phone with one of the customer service representatives. We were on the phone for about an hour and she got really personal with me. I was ready to end my contract because it was the third repair I had on my car that wasn't covered. She convinced me to stick it out for a little while longer because she had experienced the same thing years ago with her car. When she canceled her protection, something happened with her car, which cost a couple of thousand dollars but was covered under the warranty. She said that I didn't want that to happen. Then she got me a free oil change through Jiffy Lube. She also gave me a credit towards my next bill.

Normally when I call in to cancel something, I'm done unless you can really make it worth my while. An oil change wasn't, but she said that she went over all the different problems I had with the car and it didn't sound my problems are gonna end. I have a new car for a work vehicle that I'm ready to get Protect My Car for. It's an older car with higher mileage and has a 50% deductible. But it comes with the free oil changes. As soon as I can get my money back on track from this new car, then I'll get coverage.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We take pride in exercising good judgment by doing the right thing, not just doing things right.

Thank you once again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything else we can do for you.

Protect My Car Company Information