Call toll free
4.08/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Protect My Car provides mechanical breakdown and maintenance coverage for your vehicle by offering both maintenance plans and extended auto warranties. Maintenance plans cover oil changes, tire rotations, and up to 50% off on mechanical repair costs. Extended auto warranty plans cover vehicles up to ten years old or newer that have up to 125,000 miles – keeping your vehicle covered far beyond your manufacturer's warranty plan.

Extended auto warranty plans cover labor and parts cost of your mechanical failures and all repairs are paid with our corporate credit card account, so your only out-of-pocket expense is a $100 deductible. All extended auto warranty plans include 24/7 Roadside Assistance, which can be used for tow services when your vehicle breaks down or runs out of gas. They will also reimburse rental car expenses if the labor time for your repairs takes longer than 4 hours.

Call today for more information on the Ambassador maintenance plans. Claims adjusters help you every step of the way with a hassle-free claims process. Call today for a free, no-obligation quote.

Customers set up their contract using the no-fee payment plan. Small monthly payments can be made for as long as 24 to 42 months, making coverage affordable for everyone. With our no-fee payment plan, the cost for coverage is less than $2 per day.

Call today and activate your policy with as little as $99 down. All customers have a full 30-day money back guarantee.

Protect My Car LLC Video
ABBB Rating
View More View More

Protect My Car Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I picked up this 2008 Chrysler Aspen and it had 191,000 miles. So it should be a good idea to have a service contract for it. I got one from Protect My Car but I drive very conservatively and I've only used the contract a few times for repairs. Unfortunately, a young gentleman left turned in front of me in July 24th of 2018 and destroyed my car. I needed another car after that car got destroyed and I found a 2007 Chrysler Aspen. It had a 190,000 miles on it, too. Based on the good luck I had with the previous one, I bought that and I've owned that for a year and a half now.

As part of preventive maintenance, I took it in to have the transmission fluid changed and the engine and transmission fluid wasn't covered by Protect My Car. But after I had that done, it was wintertime and my car was leaking transmission fluid. So I took it in to another shop and used Protect My Car. They ended up replacing the transmission line and the oil cooler. The oil cooler had been damaged too.

Other than that, I hate that Protect My Car says that they'll pay for your oil changes but I have a hard time finding places that will accept them. The dealers will, but they are so busy and I have to schedule it. Sometimes, it's hard to get in. But when you go to a shop and ask them to do it, the people at the shop complain that it takes so long to get the approval. We have these places here in Minnesota called rapid oil change and when I called up Protect My Car about it, they said that the dealers are supposed to honor their coverage. But the local rapid oil change place wouldn't take the Protect My Car coverage because they said it takes too long to follow up with them. So I haven't used that Protect My Car a lot. I wanted to use it but I ended up doing the oil change myself.

Also, in reality, I read about the quality of oil filters and I was concerned because the oil filter that the rapid oil change put in was a really small filter. It was undersized for the car. When I was watching this YouTube video where they cut apart different oil filters, that particular brand of oil filter was a very poor construction. So when I changed the oil myself, I bought a premium filter from NAPA that was rated as being the best filter out there. I figured with a car that has a 190,000 miles, you certainly don't wanna be scrimping on the oil filter. I put a synthetic blend oil in it too.

The other thing is, when you do the oil change yourself, you could put I put it up on ramps and let it all drain out. I did that and had it sat the whole night to drain out. When you do that, you'll get extra dirty oil out of the car and you'd never get that from rapid oil change. Even if you went to the dealer, they're just gonna drain most of it and still have some dirty stuff in there. The last that comes out is the worst of the car, and has the thickest and most dirt in it.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for those comments. That is exactly that we like to hear. In fact, giving our customers great peace of mind is our number one goal around here. Thank you very much for letting us know we are meeting that goal and thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

Overall, my experience with Protect My Car has been great. Because I have a luxury car, the repairs and the maintenance can be very expensive. And so, if I could save on that cost, then hey, why not? When I found out about Protect My Car, it was on a reputable website. I was on a call with Medicaid. And so, I figured it wouldn't be a scam if it was on Medicaid’s call. So, while I was waiting, it was kinda one of the things that was being talked about. And so, I took the number down, and I called, and I went forward with it.

Protect My Car's rep was a really nice guy who helped me through the process when I purchased the warranty for the very first time. He asked what kind of vehicle I had, what kind of vehicle my husband had, and he walked us through all of the benefits and the parts. All of the representatives have been great and very helpful. Each time that I called in, they had been done at the 50% that they guarantee. And then, I had a small issue with them charging me a little bit more. They said they had switched over to some new service who deals with automatic payments. They handled that right away. The quality of Protect My Car’s service is good. With what I pay, I’m definitely getting a good quality. I’m only paying 50% on whatever it is. That’s definitely good security.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission in life to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. We are very glad the policy, our staff and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.

Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I have a policy with PMC and I am happy to have the service. However, my truck has been at the mechanic's shop for a week without even being touched. The issues have been diagnosed, but the inspector had to go out to verify that the needed repairs are legit. I understand that, as it saves both PMC and me money. However, I have called every day to PMC and I keep getting the same "We'll call you back as soon as we've completed the claim" line, but each time, I was the one who had to call them for updates. Actually, I may have missed ONE call from them. Also, the mechanic said once he starts the repairs (who KNOWS when that will be since he can't start until PMC authorizes the claim), it will take about a week to repair my truck.

PMC only wants to provide a rental for two or three days. I am STILL waiting on a phone call to tell me what is going on, and the work day is almost over. I work 7 days a week, so I need transportation. Even if they approve the claim today, I won't be able to rent a car until tomorrow afternoon because the Enterprise nearest to me closes at 6:00 p.m. I won't get off until 6:30 p.m. and I have to be at work tomorrow from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. This has taken entirely too long and I'm extremely unhappy about it, as well as the lack of anyone at PMC keeping their word ("I'll call you back"). It's just not good customer service.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. The claims manager is fully aware of the issue and has been trying to reach you. We are working with the shop to get this matter resolved and will certainly continue to do so. We apologize for the unavoidable delay on the repair. We will go over the details with you so you are completely up to date.

Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

My car is used commercially, so I put a lot of miles on it and needed a repair plan. The manufacturer's warranty was done a long time ago. I bought a warranty from Protect My Car. Some of the other companies won't do commercial vehicles. Protect My Car's reps explained things pretty well. When I had a claim, they paid for their portion of it. Their billing service struggled in the beginning. They kept sending late notices. It was being automatically deducted. But it now seems to be sorted through.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your review and for choosing Protect My Car to help you protect your car and your budget. We appreciate that very much and we know you'll save a ton of money with this coverage.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I was looking for an all-inclusive package. I talked with Protect My Car's rep, I asked what their contract covered and they said bumper to bumper. Then they sent me a pictorial. But it’s one of those type things and I didn't need the coverage at the time, so I thought everything was gonna be okay. But then, when you start digging down deeper, the service contract didn't cover some things that I really needed covered. I understand about certain things that go out with time, but my headlight thing really got me. In my car, you gotta go under the bumper and all that kinda stuff about the headlight. And the catalytic converter, which is something I couldn’t get to, was a pretty big-ticket item that I thought would be taken care of, and it wasn’t.

Other than that, I know we got the water pump repaired and a couple of other things. And so far, so good. The first time I took the car in, I had it towed to the place then the guy there developed a quote. After, he called Protect My Car and they didn't cover the repair. That was pretty bad and I didn't like that. So now, I have to call first to see if it’s covered before I even take the car in there. If the service is covered, then we pay 50% of what the deal is.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We do hope you understand that covering wear and tear items, like light bulbs, headlights, tires and similar items would also require a substantial increase in monthly premiums. You can plan for the replacement of wear and tear items, but it is close to impossible to plan for a major breakdown. That is what this coverage is all about. It helps folks who suffer a major break down despite taking good care of their vehicle.

As for the catalytic converters, those are covered by each states laws and regulations concerning emission control standards, most of which do not allow service contract coverage. We do wish it was otherwise, but we do have to operate within the law.

Thank you again for your comments.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car LLC?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Protect My Car is a great company. My most recent claim was towing. I had to get my car towed, and I had to get my tire fixed. The customer service and everything were great. I also got a tune-up and oil change from them for free. When I was signing up for the warranty, everything went smoothly. The lady that I spoke to was very nice and helpful, and Protect My Car would give me what I really wanted which was a great thing. I'll recommend Protect My Car to everybody.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those great comments. We appreciate them very much.
We do work hard to make sure your experience with Protect My Car is a positive one and that the whole process, from choosing the right coverage, to making sure it is comfortable on your budget, to fast and efficient claims service, towing and rental car benefits, gives you great peace of mind.
Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

When I talked to someone from Protect My Car on the phone, I had him send me stuff that I could read and it looked all right. Then four months later, something happened and they took care of it. I took the car in to the dealership for an oil change. They came back and said that I needed this job that was gonna cost around $500. There was something the matter with the exhaust system. I called Protect My Car and told them I was at the dealership. Then they called and talked to the dealership. The dealership had to take out some gaskets that Protect My Car doesn't generally cover. But to get to the problem, the dealership had to take it out. They bickered and Protect My Car agreed to pay $36 more. The car was fixed and my out of pocket was $100. Everything went smoothly and there were no hassles.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you providing them. We are very glad to have helped you with the recent repair and look forward to doing so again when you again need help. It does make a difference, doesn't it, to have good peace of mind when your car suffers a mechanical breakdown. Nothing lets you know you made a good decision in getting coverage quite like an expensive repair that you only have to pay a small deductible.

Thank you again for choosing Protect My Car and for your comments.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Protect My Car's customer service was great. The rep that I spoke with was friendly and she explained everything to me. She sold me into getting the policy. She gave me an honest answer to my question and she said I could get out of it in 30 days if I didn't want it. What I also like about it is that it doesn’t have a cutoff. I got a 2007 Mercedes with less miles on it, and it won't be like when I reach a certain point, they won't help me anymore. I've filed a claim through them and it went well. I took the car to the shop and gave them the information, and they said they’ve been familiar with it. The shop took care of everything else for me and I just paid my part.

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for those comments. We really appreciate them. We do work hard to make sure that with one phone call you can get towed in, activate rental car benefits and get fast, efficient claims service, all with low monthly premiums tailored to fit your budget. That’s what we call good peace of mind. We are very happy that our company, staff and coverage has given you that. Best of all, we will be here to assist you when you next need help with your vehicle. Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

My vehicle had problems dying on the street and I took it in to the shop one day. I submitted a claim to Protect My Car for my starter and it wasn't hard. However, it was a little hassle at the time because I didn't have a printer or a laptop.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We are glad we were able to save you so much money on your recent repair. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car and than you again for sharing your experience.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I purchased a used vehicle so I was purchasing a service contract and Protect My Car got ahold of me first. I was gonna say no to the whole thing though, but then they came back with the deal that was fine. It was a price I could afford. My only complaint was that it took them six or seven months to get me my packet, my card and everything else. That's the part I was uncomfortable with. I had bought this policy and I was supposed to make these calls to have them actually pay over the phone.

I kept getting things in the email but I never got anything in my mail, like my ID card. It was like either I didn't have it or they didn’t tell me that they had it and they could send it. Everything that I had was like generic stuff that they send everybody and it just kept repeating. The first customer representative I interacted with was for that and it was fine. But the second customer rep was much better. The second one finally solved the problem and I got my packet. Once they said they're gonna send it, I finally got it. It took less than 30 days. But this is really slow.

Also, I didn't know that I can get all these oil changes and stuff. Nobody ever told me that except the second representative. That aside, I've done one claim. My starter had to be replaced and a part had to be ordered so that it could get done. The starter was done and Protect My Car paid it for that day. So far, the quality of the service is good and I have the sense of security I had before. I always had a new car with a warranty. This vehicle is a Honda so it's pretty stable and although the policy doesn't make it any more stable, it's nice to know we have it out there for the big things. I got a little ball joint issue happening with my car right now and I'm gonna be using Protect My Car. I've reached out to them and they'll cover about 40 percent of it.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. As a GREEN company, we do not provide hard printed copies without a request to do so. We do, as you indicated, email the coverage plans and ID cards to each customer and will, if requested, provide a hard printed copy as well.

Thank you for choosing Protect My car.

Protect My Car Company Information