4.3/5 (668 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Protect My Car

Protect My Car is a premier vehicle service provider that states its goal is to “change the game” with advisors who place the customer first and help minimize uncertainty from unexpected costly repairs. The company states that it aims to provide a hassle-free claims process and ongoing customer service.

Pros

• All services provided by Protect My Car employees
  • Payments starting at $60 a month
  • In-house claims process for smoother experience
  • Free oil changes and tire rotations with all policies

Cons

• Does not cover preexisting conditions
  • Not available in AK, CA, HI, MO, OK or WA

Bottom Line

Protect My Car warranties cover vehicles up to 20 years old with up to 299,999 miles and include flexible payment plans and a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can transfer the policy if you choose to sell your car.

Protect My Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?

Original review: April 29, 2022

When Protect My Car's program was working well, you can get an oil change every three months. Filing a claim is very hard. I started a claim back in February, and they told me to use my credit card to make a claim, and they will reimburse me. I have not been paid as of yet. I've reached out to them last week, and every week ever since the claim has been put in since I had the oil change. All they keep saying is, “It should take seven to 10 days.” I said, “Well, it's been two months now.” I told them that I'm getting ready to switch services.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Signing up with Protect My Car was okay. I like that if something major happens to my truck, I have Protect My Car right there supporting me and taking care of the matter. I had an oil change recently and it went fine.

Original review: April 29, 2022

I've used PMC for my oil changes and my experience with them has been good, so far.

Original review: April 28, 2022

I got an oil change before and Protect My Car said that I should have gotten everything that I wanted to get done then. They told me that I should have gotten diagnostics on my vehicle but I wasn't prepared to pay that then so I didn't do it. When I got ready to do it, they faulted me for coming there that time and how I didn't get it done the first time.

Original review: April 28, 2022

The Protect My Car rep I initially spoke with was a nice guy. He seemed to know what he was talking about. I went to my dealer and Protect My Car paid for half of something that I had done. The service is pretty good. I like it. Everything went smoothly.

Original review: April 28, 2022

Other companies don't cover what Protect My Car covers. Like as far as my car goes, it came with the DVD player and the headrest, a lot of fancy stuff. I used them for the first time last week for a service call. I did an oil change and tire rotation. It went fine. The dealership was pleased with them and was super satisfied. They said they didn't have to have to haggle. They just gave them a credit card number for them to do everything they need to do to the vehicle.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I love Protect My Car. They do a good job. I’ve been filing claims and it's been a good experience.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I'm happy paying for Protect My Car. I had the oil change and the tire thing. All I had to do was pay the $100 deductible. The warranty is helping me out with everything. So far, it's been good.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I had a claim to fix the brakes and the filter. I paid for the filter because the guy already did the brakes and Protect My Car covered that. I’m satisfied for now and I'm happy. It’s a good experience because I never had an insurance before on my car.

Original review: April 26, 2022

The coverage is, overall, a good deal but I had a bad experience with Protect My Car. The car wasn't turning on. It was a water reservoir that needed to be replaced and there were some bogus things that needed to be done. It wasn't much that was done on it, but it was a Volkswagen, and those German cars cost quite a bit to get them repaired. Protect My Car reimbursed me for the tune-up. What ended up being the issue that the car didn't turn on was the key fob was messed up. I never knew that a key fob can cause the car not to turn on. I had to call around and get the key fob from Volkswagen. It was 200 and some dollars to order, and it was another couple 100 bucks to have it programmed once they received it. This was after I had already spent the money to do the other repairs to it.

I ended up paying $1,000 so I canceled the policy. I thought the majority of it was gonna be covered, but it wasn't. I understand that the agreement is for me to get it approved first with the Protect My Car. But I wasn't aware of that, and I was told, "Just take it to a mechanic. Let us know the repairs and we'll take care of it." There was a misrepresentation and miscommunication. Nonetheless, the fact that the mechanic spoke to a representative, the representative never ever mentioned for me to make sure that it's covered first before they proceeded with the repairs. They should make it well known to the customer. They gotta overemphasize on that.

Original review: April 25, 2022

I like the incentives that Protect My Car offers and the reps are extremely professional. I understood what I was going to be paying right up front. I understood what my deductible was. There were no hidden charges or surprises when I get to use my services. It was a fair and thorough explanation of what it was that I was buying. The only thing that was required was that I pay an upfront processing fee then a monthly recurring fee. Protect My Car is a solution once your normal warranty expires.

Original review: April 25, 2022

When I called, Protect My Car said $89 a month. That’s half of the price of my previous. So, I said, “Well, what do you offer?” The rep said, “From bumper-to-bumper, we’ll fix anything that goes wrong with your car. But you have to pay 25% of the service.” I said, “Okay.” But when I went back to get my car fixed, the mechanics kept saying that Protect My Car would try to find ways not to fix my car. And at the end of the day, the guy said the reason why they wouldn't fix because it was wear and tear. I said, “What is that when that's the reason why I'm having the warranty, so if something breaks, you're supposed to fix it?”

I went in because I kept smelling an oil smell in my car. I took it to Nissan and they found other things that were wrong, like my AC. It was my AC that was messed up that wasn’t getting hot. And smelled some burning smell in my AC vents. When I went in, they said something about it was a torque converter gasket, and some kind of a head gasket, and the AC was messed up. The guy called me and said that I had to go to all these different dealerships that I've taken my car to since I've had it to get serviced and get a service history.

So, I went to all the places they told me to go to and got a service history. But the only thing I've ever gotten from places was oil change besides when I got my car fixed from Nissan because I don’t let other people fix my car. I only let Nissan. The Nissan people called me and said, “They're not gonna fix anything but your AC.” So, not only did I have to come up with 160 some dollars for a service fee for them looking at my car. I ended up paying 600 some dollars for my AC. And that’s it. I paid 600 some dollars just to get my AC fixed when there were other things wrong with my car, and I didn't understand. And when I called the rep back to get a response, he never even called me back. I called him a few times. And after the third time, I was, “Forget it. He's not gonna respond.”

I wanted to know what was the reason why they couldn't service my car and get it fixed. My car is in perfect condition. It looks good, it just has some miles on it because I live far from my job, and I take my son to school. Even when people look, they're, “Oh, man, your car does look good even though it's 2013.” But my thing was, for me to assume that I'm gonna get my car fixed but it didn't. Because with my other warranty company, all I had to pay was $107 and that was it. And they fixed $5,000 worth of stuff for my car. The only reason why I went with Protect My Car was because it was half of the price and the lady said that they could do the same thing that the other company did but I just had to pay 25%.After that first service, if I had felt that it worked out for me, I would have given people that service. I was gonna send my son and mom to Protect My Car. But after that, I’m not gonna do that.

Original review: April 24, 2022

I like Protect My Car. I drop my car off at the shop once every three months and a lot of the issues that I've been having are covered under my warranty. That’s been a plus.

Original review: April 24, 2022

With Protect My Car, the majority of things that I had was covered and it was cheaper than what I had to pay when I was with my previous company. Also, they got good customer service. I got an oil change, however, the company I go to doesn't use warranty insurance coverage. I let Protect My Car know and they said that I could just show them my receipt and I would get a refund. They gave me a refund for the oil change. The only issue I had with them was the percentage that I had to pay rather than having a deductible.

Original review: April 23, 2022

So far, my experience with Protect My Car has been great. They offered me the best and most cost-effective package at the time. I recommend them to anybody.

Original review: April 23, 2022

When I was thinking about going with Protect My Car, I called the BMW dealership and asked them if they have used them. Supposedly, they had worked with Protect My Car and said that the experience was good working with them. When I was talking with Protect My Car about doing it, they sent me the documentation that showed what they cover. When I called them back, I told them, "Reading this, I'd have to be a combination of an attorney and an auto mechanic to even understand all the disclaimers and what you cover and don't cover.” It was ridiculous. You really couldn't understand it. But when I went to one of their competitors, it was the same thing.

I Protect My Car them for an oil change and a reimbursement that I had to chase them around a little bit to get it. It was my mistake because instead of letting them know ahead of time about the oil change, I got the oil change then ended up remembering that they offered me two or three oil changes a year. It took three times for me calling them back to get the reimbursement. But they're good with the customer service side.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I used Protect My Car for roadside assistance and when my alternator went out. I just had to pay my deductible. The customer service reps answer my questions and they’re on time. Protect My Car is good. I like it.

Original review: April 22, 2022

The representative from Protect My Car was nice but when I went to get an oil change, it took 30 minutes for them to answer the phone. Even the people there were getting frustrated. Because of that, I don’t like dealing with Protect My Car. Also, one time, my air conditioner was going hot and I wanted to see what they could do about. They said that since it was a past issue, they couldn’t do anything about it. Still, having a warranty is good.

Original review: April 21, 2022

I am thinking about switching to another warranty company up until I meet Darren ** the Customer Loyalty Account Manager, Protect My Car. He took the time to answer all of my question as well as provided me with an apple comparison of the plan I have with them and the other company. Protect my car has a good standing with most of their customers and that says a lot for the company. As for me I believe I will stay for the long haul thanks to Mr. **.

Original review: April 21, 2022

I was on a road trip out of town and something broke down. I was like, "I don't even think Protect My Car will cover it because I haven't made a payment yet." I went through my bank account and saw they took the payment that day and then they covered me. I also had a situation where I needed a transmission for my other car and the car was old. They were fair. I didn't have the coverage for it because it was a prior-to situation. The transmission was messed up before. Protect My Car helped me find one that had a good price. I just bought it through them and back on the road. I'm extremely happy with them.

Original review: April 21, 2022

I’ll never take the car back to that Chevrolet dealer on Raeford Road. Because, normally, they charge me $85 to see why my windows wasn't rolling up all the way. But they charged me that and $85 for something else. And they didn't do the work because they called Protect My Car and said that the warranty had ran out. But I liked Protect My Car because I pay 85-something a month and there is no deductible. When I took the car in, what I needed done was done. I just hated that it happened like that. But they told me I could extend the warranty and take it out again, which is my goal. I was thinking about going back to Protect My Car around the 1st of the month, when I get a check. It might be a little more than $85. But I’m hoping that I wouldn't have to pay a deductible as I didn’t before.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I didn't have any immediate concerns when I was on the phone but later, as I thought about it, I came up with some questions, and they were answered with the package. To afford the payments is difficult, but it's a necessity. Making the payments is simple because I do that direct from my account.

Original review: April 20, 2022

Customer service was professional, informative and straight to the point. Protect My Car is great.

Original review: April 19, 2022

I love Protect My Car. It helps me out a lot, because I only have one income in my household, and I got five vehicles. So the expensive ones got the coverage on them. I called the gentlemen and I told him that I had my oil change. And he told me my policy was active, and to send him a copy of the bill. I sent him that. And in four to six weeks, he sent me a check for what I paid for getting my oil change and fabrication.

Original review: April 19, 2022

I recommend Protect My Car to everybody. They help me out in more ways than one. The only downside is that they just don't offer enough mileage on the roadside assistance part. But other than that, they're A-plus. The fact that it covered the cost of my oil changes, for me, was a good purchase. They cover in full a lot more than other warranty companies. At the current moment, I am in the midst of an engine replacement claim. I bring my car to Acura and they've had my back when most mechanics were screwing up. I also like that I only have to pay 25% of what's the total cost of the bill. There's no point in spending $4,000 on an engine if I don't have to.

Original review: April 19, 2022

Protect My Car did my oil change and the claim was an easy process. The company called and they took care of it.

Original review: April 18, 2022

Customer service is very polite. I had something in my blower system and the dealership charged $1,800. But I only paid $100 because I had Protect My Car. Go for it.

Original review: April 18, 2022

I like Protect My Car. The claim went through quickly. Keep up the good work.

Original review: April 17, 2022

The lady I spoke to was very informative and helpful. She told me that Protect My Car is a family type of a business that would really take care of you and they they would be with you 100%. Even if the warranty would not cover any work you could still call them and they would walk through and make sure everything was done correctly. I liked that a lot.

Original review: April 17, 2022

We got great service from Protect My Car for the oil change. I'm gonna get back with them at some point again.

Protect My Car Company Information