Get Pricing

4.4/5 (341 ratings)

About Protect My Car

Protect My Car is a premier vehicle service contract provider. The company's goal is to eliminate the worry of being financially responsible for an expensive mechanical breakdown. With a Protect My Car extended auto warranty, you don’t have to worry about being fully burdened with the cost of a covered repair.

Pros

• Specialized plan for older cars
  • Low down payment
  • Long payment plan

Cons

• Not offered in all states
  • Mileage limits on lower side

Bottom Line

Protect My Car warranties cover vehicles up to 10 years old with up to 125,000 miles and include flexible payment plans and a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can transfer the policy if you choose to sell your car.

Protect My Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Overall, I'm satisfied with Protect my Car. Customer service has been great. I drive a lot of miles a week and the oil changes have been great. They said they'll change the oil and keep up with you. They've kept up with their end of the bargain. Don't wait. Get this warranty.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments and the 5-Stars. We are delighted to have been there for you with your oil changes. Best of all, we will be there again when you need us. It means a lot to us to know our hard work pays off. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car and being a valued customer.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

Great experience. Loved it. I just called before I got there and that was it. They took care of my services and will tell others. Awesome, awesome. So glad I took that warranty out. I give it 10 stars. People need to know about this so I will spread the word.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments and the 5-stars. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policyholders good peace of mind. Remember that for every referral that uses your name and phone number to sign up, you will receive a $100 referral bonus. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do for you. Thank you for being a valued Protect My Car customer.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

My road trip was interrupted in May because my car broke down. I had to get a hotel and transportation until the car dealership and PMC opened on the next business day. Unfortunately, this happened on a holiday weekend. I submitted my expense receipts to PMC and have not been reimbursed. It is now November. I have contacted them several times.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We are always surprised to see a 2-star review, so a thorough review of your account was completed. We found that on July 20th, your reimbursement was issued to the email we had on file at that time. You called again on September 15th and updated your email address, and your reimbursement was re-issued. We apologize that you have not received your reimbursement. A specialist attempted to contact you to verify the email address on file but could only leave a voicemail. Please contact Customer Loyalty to speak with your specialist so that Protect My Car can ensure you properly receive your reimbursement. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for being a valued Protect My Car customer.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

Hard to get in touch with the company. I sat inside for almost 2 hours after my oil change was done because PMC offered oil changes with the purchase of the plan. This also cost more than my insurance and almost the same as my car payment. Had to cancel!

Protect My Car response

We are sorry to hear you were disappointed for any reason, especially with an oil change. We are glad that we were able to assist with the oil change, but after reviewing your account, we found that there were other concerns that the shop was looking into as well. We also understand it is frustrating to have to wait, so we strive to make every transaction hassle-free. Unfortunately, there are times when our call volume is higher than expected, which, in turn, can cause longer wait times. We regret that we were unable to keep your valued business, but please don’t hesitate to contact Loyalty if you have any further questions or concerns.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

Very happy with lockout service. Very easy to get oil change and tire rotation at no charge. I haven't needed to use you for anything else, so far. Technician arrived in a timely manner to unlock my car. The attendant at the gas station I visited was very quickly able to get verification of coverage by calling the pertinent number I gave him.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments and the 5-Stars. It means a lot to us to know our hard work pays off. We know you are going to save a ton of money with this coverage, and if you have any questions about coverage, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Customer Loyalty. Thank you for being a Protect My Car valued customer.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

Every time I call, the customer service representatives are kind, caring, and efficient. They're awesome! They've taken care of me and my cars very well. The service stations tell me they give no hassle, and the work is completed quickly and paid for swiftly. I'm so glad I called!

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your wonderful comments and 5-stars! Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is one of our most important goals. We are thrilled to have assisted with your recent oil change. We know you are going to save a ton of money with this coverage, and if you have any questions about coverage, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Customer Loyalty. Thank you for being a Protect My Car valued customer.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

A warranty should give a sense of protection in those unpleasant situations regarding your vehicle… PMC provides none of these protections! You and your vehicle will be investigated and probed. Don’t believe their claims to help ..They only want your monthly premiums… Sure they will fix small and cheap issues that you’ve basically already paid for through your monthly premiums, but you’ll get hammered on major issues and claims denied .. Don’t fall victim to the scam as I did.. Not hate just truth.

Protect My Car response

Protect My Car takes all such statements seriously and completed a thorough review of your account. We are surprised you felt the need to leave a 1-star review after all of the assistance Protect My Car has provided for both vehicles you have had covered. For instance, PMC paid over $2500 for major repairs on the first vehicle you had protected. The only reason your current transmission claim has not been approved is that we are still waiting to get service records showing you have completed the proper maintenance for your transmission. Once we receive those, we will be more than happy to re-review your claim and move forward accordingly. If you would like more information, please don't hesitate to contact Customer Loyalty.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

My initial call was to verify the oil and tire rotation services. I was told that these services are provided 3 times per “contract” year. Nowhere in “the contract” is that stated. The claims rep that I spoke to even referred me to page 9 and asked me to read along with him. I found that in insulting and against the level of customer service you seek to provide. I repeatedly asked to speak to his manager and he continued to refuse. In the end, it helped to confirm that contract year is not explicitly stated, and therefore my understanding that I had one oil change and tire rotation service left to use was correct. This rep also stated that I should note that PMC had already spent “thousands of dollars” on my vehicle's maintenance.

I pointed out that this is exactly how the coverage should work and is exactly how the program is marketed - save thousands on vehicle maintenance. Furthermore, I have also spent thousands of dollars given the 50% shared costs. His reasoning was faulty at best, and rude for sure. He finally accepted to connect me to a manager and left me on hold for almost 20 minutes. I decided to call customer service from a different phone while still on hold. While speaking to one representative, a customer service manager finally came on the phone. He listened and realized that my request was simple. I needed the service on 10/29, just a week after the 10/22 contract year turn over. He saw that it would be unfair to lose out on a service and just conform to the reset services.

He assured me that he would make sure the services would not count towards the new contract year so I could keep the full services (3 oil changes and 2 tire rotations). I agreed that would be satisfactory to me. After hanging up with him I received a follow up call from a different customer satisfaction rep. Surprisingly, he stated that 10/29/21 oil would count towards my 2022 contract year. So again, I felt mislead or at a minimum misinformed. This last representative however said that given what had transpired up to that point he would state in the system that the oil and tire rotation service from 10/29/21 would not count against the 2022 services. I really hope that is the case.

Frankly, this experience disappointed me a lot. The services have been very good otherwise. The claims submitted this past year have been processed as expected. I don’t have anything negative to state about that. The positive claim experience and the last interaction with the very last rep that contact me drove to give a rating of 3 which I would consider just satisfactory. Had I done this review prior to calling and inquired about my oil services I would have easily given you a 4 star rating, and maybe a 5. Feel free to contact me if you need additional information. You have my contact information in the contract.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Our apologies if you found your customer experience with Protect My Car unsatisfactory, as we strive to provide the best service in the industry. We are thrilled that you were able to speak with a specialist and that a positive resolution was achieved. Our management team has been notified of the outstanding services provided by Nathan, Sasha, Joshua, and Melodi. We are glad you are with us, and we will work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact Customer Loyalty. Thank you for being a valued Protect My Car customer.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

They're very professional and I am glad I came to them. I even got my wife to get them and we both have had the best experience with them. They are the best out there. I would recommend anyone to call them.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments and the 5-Stars. We are thrilled to have been there for you with your repairs. Best of all, we will be there again when you need us. It means a lot to us to know our hard work pays off. Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is one of our most important goals. We are delighted that our agent provided you with a great customer experience. Remember that for every referral that uses your name and phone number to sign up, you will receive a $100 referral bonus. Thank you for being a valued Protect My Car customer.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

When I first heard about Protect My Car through my insurance company, I decide to purchase it for my 2014 vehicle. After the required waiting period I went to my dealership to get a routine oil change and tire rotation. I was very happy PMC took care of everything.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments and the 5-Stars. Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is one of our most important goals. We stand ready to assist again when the need arises. We will never change our willingness to go the extra mile to help you when you need it. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again for your very encouraging comments.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I had my car in for regular servicing with Subaru and told them that Protect My Car would cover the cost of the regular servicing. They found something wrong with the drive shaft and I asked them to call you to see if it was covered. It was so Protect My Car paid half and I paid half. The Subaru agent and your agent handled it completely and I was covered and very happy!

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments and the 5-Stars. We are very glad to have been there for you with your repairs. Best of all, we will be there again when you need us. It means a lot to us to know our hard work pays off. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

They had the lowest price. I got three cars covered. They looked for the best deal that they had for the year and mileage. I'm very satisfied with the coverage. Purchasing the coverage was also very easy.

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission to provide outstanding service and needed help to all policyholders. We are very glad the policy, our staff, and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal. It is really nice to know that you can save far more than the policy costs simply by using the policy benefits. That is how you know you have the right coverage. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

Protect My Car is not making me very happy. I took a truck in and was gonna have it fixed. They sent the inspector out and they denied the claim. If I'd known what was wrong with the truck in the first place, I wouldn't have bought it. The guy told me everything was fine. It was running all good. But when I called Protect My Car before I even got it, they said, “Yeah, no problem. If you have any kind of issues, just let us know and we'll take care of it.” The service people let them know and they said no. I'm just going to cancel my contract. I'm done with them.

There was one person that tried to make everything right and that was the service guy that was there that writes up the contract. He called me back and asked me why I was canceling. He said, “How about we discount your deal?” But even being discounted, I’m still paying this amount every month for something that every time I take a vehicle in and there’s something wrong with it, they'll say, “It’s existing. We can’t do anything about it.” If I get a new vehicle, I'll think about it. But until then, I'm not going to.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments. We understand your frustrations and apologize for any inconvenience; however, we out-source the inspections for repairs. Unfortunately, that 3rd party inspector found that your leaks were long-standing and pre-existing, which are not covered under any policy. We are happy that you spoke with an agent recently and would like to offer more assistance with your repair needs. Please call Customer Loyalty as soon as possible to review other available options. Thank you for being a valued Protect My Car customer.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

My experience with Protect My Car has been good, so far. They're great. They do a good job and they stand behind their word.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. Our goal is to handle all claims on a hassle-free basis, saving each customer not just money, but reducing stress and delays in getting you back on the road. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad to be here to protect your car, your budget, and your peace of mind.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

When I signed up with Protect My Car, everything was easy and the rep answered all the questions. By the time I hung up, I didn't feel like I was lost. Their claim process is also a lot easier than other places, like CarShield. I had to jump through hoops with CarShield. The coverage of Protect My Car has also been awesome. I plan on keeping this warranty as long as I got the car.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. Our goal is to handle all interactions and claims on a professional, hassle-free basis, saving each customer not just money, but reducing stress and delays in getting you back on the road. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad to be here to protect your car, your budget, and your peace of mind.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

When I signed up with Protect My Car, it was very easy. They were very nice and it was very pleasant and professional. When I submit a claim, there's a number to call on the back of the card and I just call it. Sometimes, I have problems getting through. But if I try and be patient, then I'll get through. They ask for my number and I give it to them. So far, they've taken care of my needs. My experience with them has been better than any so far that I've had. None of those have paid for my oil changes and Protect My Car paid for four oil changes and two tire rotations. I'm really pleased. Everything that they have done works for me. It's also not that expensive compared to some of them.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for those great comments. We appreciate them very much. We work hard to make sure your experience with Protect My Car is a positive one and that the whole process gives you great peace of mind. If there were any inconveniences due to hold times, we extend our apologies. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help. Thanks again for your comments and for being a valued Protect My Car customer.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

My car is not new so I was grateful that Protect My Car accepted me into the program. All the main things like engine and transmission will take some money if you have to have it done. For the plan that I'm on, Protect My Car will pay up to 75% of whatever needs to be done. Every time I call in, I get great people. I always talk to somebody very informative. They know their product. They know how to help and do this and that. They will stay on the phone with you while you're trying to find different locations. I used Protect My Car for the first time the other day and that was the greatest experience. They told me where to go and who are in there. I went there and didn't have to wait. They were already in their system and I got the oil change done. I had that full synthetic oil, so my oil change is a little bit higher. Everything they did was top-notch.

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission to provide outstanding service and needed help to all policyholders. We are delighted that the policy, our staff, and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help. Thank you for being a valued Protect My Car customer.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

I got an oil change done thru Protect My Car. The process was easy and their customer service was good.

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with Protect My Car. Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is one of our most important goals. We stand ready to assist when the need arises. We will never change our willingness to go the extra mile to help you when you need it. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again for your very encouraging comments.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

Setting up for the service with Protect My Car was real quick and easy. Somebody called me and let me know what the benefits were, how much a month, and I figured it'd be a good opportunity for me to take on. When you go to a lot of shops, they don’t have time to call, but Protect My Car has been great about that, like answering the phone and getting whatever the information has to be between the service provider and them. Everything's good. I appreciate Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We know that one size does not fit all, and we are always happy to do everything we can to accommodate each customer on an individual basis. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car. By the way, if you know friends or family who might benefit from a policy, please tell them about us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. Thanks again for the great comments!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

So far, I like Protect My Car. The company seems like a real nice company to be with. I used it once when I got some tire rotation. I went wherever I got it, then they said everything went through good. You can depend on Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your wonderful comments and 5-stars! Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is one of our most important goals. We are thrilled to have assisted with your tire rotation. We know you are going to save a ton of money with this coverage, and if you have any questions about coverage, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Customer Loyalty. Thank you for being a Protect My Car valued customer.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

Spent months trying to get my refund back from a. Oil change and made multiple phone calls to confirm and reconfirm that you would provide coverage and even went as far asking the agent to book the appointment and confirm my out of pocket expenses. Got to the dealership and was informed that you would not be covering anything because it was considered routine mt and that was after confirmation by not 1 but 3 different agents over the phone. Immediately cxl the service and disputing all charges from your company.

Protect My Car response
Protect My Car management team takes all such statements seriously and completed a thorough review of your account. We concluded that there was an error in forwarding your oil change reimbursement request to the proper department in July and apologize for that inconvenience. You also had questions regarding needed repairs and were advised that the alternator, door lock actuator, and timing belt are listed as covered components.
You told Protect My Car multiple times that you would not make another payment until you received your reimbursement. Per your policy, all payments must be current for ANY claims to be approved, including reimbursements. However, we pride ourselves on doing the right thing, so on September 24th, Protect My Car issued a reimbursement in the form of a virtual Credit Card to your email.
You had an agent process your past due payment, and on September 29th, your shop called in a claim for repair of your Door Lock Actuator and replacement of your Timing Belt. However, at that time, your shop informed our claims department that the Timing Belt was still intact. You even told an agent that the Timing Belt replacement was for preventative maintenance, which is not covered under ANY policy. Our policies are intended to help our customers with mechanical breakdowns, which are almost always unexpected and very costly.

We regret that we were unable to keep your valued business, but please don’t hesitate to contact Customer Loyalty if you have any questions or concerns.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

With a car warranty, I don't have to pay out all that extra money if something goes wrong. I used my Protect My Car once and I didn't have any problems. I went to my dealer and they called and got approval for the oil change, filter change and tires. So, everything was fine.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments and the 5-Stars. It means a lot to us to know our hard work pays off. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I've had no problems with every representative that I've talked to. I enjoyed talking to them. They're very friendly. This is the best plan to get. If something goes wrong with my car, Protect My Car is very nice and respectful.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments and the 5-Stars. Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is one of our most important goals. We stand ready to assist when the need arises. We will never change our willingness to go the extra mile to help you when you need it. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again for your very encouraging comments.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

When my transmission went out on my car, Protect My Car was there. I had to pay a pretty price, but it is what it is. Everything has been okay. I got so many reward points. But I don't know how to buy and redeem all that because I was at work when I made this initial thing. They keep saying, “Go to this, go to that.” But when I pull up their website, something else comes up.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 4-Star Review and for choosing Protect My Car. Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is one of our most important goals, so we are delighted that a specialist was able to contact you and review your PMC Rewards benefits. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call Customer Loyalty. Thank you for being a Protect My Car valued customer.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

I get my oil changed every so often and that's free. So, I'm enjoying my warranty well. Every time we call, customer service always does perfectly. I would definitely recommend Protect My Car. I told my granddaughter to get her insurance paid but I'm gonna tell her about Protect My Car to help out with her parts.

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission to provide excellent service and needed help to all policyholders. We are thrilled that the policy, our staff, and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. Remember, if you refer someone who gets a policy, we thank you by sending you a MasterCard gift card. Again, thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

Free oil changes, so far. I have bigger fixes coming up, at some point. Also considering adding another vehicle to fix up. It’s too early to tell if what I’m paying is worth what I’m saving. I’m in no rush, though. Time will tell.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars. We are glad you are with us, and we will work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations. Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is one of our most important goals and we stand ready to assist when the need arises. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call Customer Loyalty. Thank you again for your comments. We are glad to have you as a valued customer.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

At first, I had a problem because my repair shop wasn't taking the warranty. I went to the dealer, and they weren't taking the payment over the phone. But my guy worked something out and then the repair shop was able to take it. I've had no problem since. I had an oil change and it was good. My last repair was about $2,000 and Protect My Car paid it. But they should cover more.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments and the 5-Stars. We are very pleased to have helped you with your past repairs and your budget. That's what a good policy is supposed to do. We look forward to helping you in the future when you need help. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

We have Protect My Car on my husband's truck. He didn't want to work on the truck himself. He wanted to be able to send it to somebody to get it fixed if something happened to it. Enrolling with Protect My Car was a little confusing though. It took a few minutes.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 4-Star Review and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us, and we will work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations. Please feel free to give our Customer Loyalty Department a call to provide additional feedback on how we could have earned that 5th star. Thank you for being a Protect My Car valued customer.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

The signup process with Protect My Car was pretty easy. Their rep was pretty good. He explained everything. He made everything clear as far as how I was paying it. That was kind of what I wanted to know at that time because I knew I needed the service but I didn't have the time right then to go over everything. The only hiccup is when you go to any dealership where they're always trying to upsell you. They're going to make it seem like something is wrong. I have to play their game because they know they're going through Protect My Car, so they're gonna try to say the things that are wrong with the car are not covered by Protect My Car. Also I was confused that it said it covers the brakes, but then it doesn't cover all of the brakes. It doesn't cover pads and rotors.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 4-Star Review! Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is one of our most important goals, so we are delighted that our agent provided you with a great customer experience. Our policies are intended to help our customers with mechanical breakdowns, which are almost always unexpected and very costly. Items such as brake pads and shoes, tires, batteries, seals and gaskets, etc. are not covered because those are considered maintenance. That means that they must be maintained and replaced at regular intervals. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call Customer Loyalty. Thank you again for your comments. We are glad to have you as a valued customer.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

So far, their service has been okay. The representative's work was going well. I had two oil changes and the process went well. I've been pleased with everything else.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments and the 5-Stars. Providing our policy holders with good peace of mind is one of our most important goals. We stand ready to assist when the need arises. We will never change our willingness to go the extra mile to help you when you need it. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again for your very encouraging comments.

Protect My Car Company Information