3.3/5 (133 reviews)
3.3(133)

Overall Rating3.3 out of 5

About Protect My Car

Protect My Car is a premier vehicle service contract provider that states its goal is to “change the game” with advisors who place the customer first and help minimize uncertainty from unexpected costly repairs. The company aims to provide a hassle-free claims process and ongoing customer service.

Pros & Cons

Pros

• All services provided by Protect My Car employees
  • In-house claims process for smoother experience
  • Free oil changes and tire rotations with all policies

Cons

• Does not cover preexisting conditions
  • Not available in AK, CA, HI, MO, OK or WA

Bottom Line

Protect My Car warranties cover vehicles up to 20 years old with up to 200,000 miles and include flexible payment plans and a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can transfer the policy if you choose to sell your car.

Protect My Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?
Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

I didn't like how I got treated by some guy named Adam. I put my truck in the shop for a service. Protect My Car said, "Okay." I went to Pep Boys and let them work on the truck. They gave me an estimate and they called Protect My Car. They sent out another guy to make sure everything was right. It was on a Thursday. I got my report on Monday. Adam called and said, "I got some good news and bad news for you. The bad news is that we won't be doing your oil pan gasket because you went over the mileage recommended by the oil change."

I told him, "I use a Mobile 1 full synthetic 5W-30 ever since I had the vehicle in 2012.” He said, "You could use something else. You could use 10W-40." I said, "I have a Silverado GMC pickup truck. I've been using that ever since day one. It says 5W-30 on the knob." He said, "We're not going to do that because we're not going to change the oil pan gasket. Then we're not going to change the oil cooling line because of this and that." They said they will do the upper and lower ball joints and control arm. I said okay. The bill came in like 22,000 and some change. He said, "You had to pay us 515 this instance to get your vehicle." I said, "Okay. No problem." Then it came down to the rental stuff. That was the part that really got me.

They determined the car had to stay at Pep Boys. I got it on a Wednesday but had to turn it back in on a Saturday. So it was rental and I went to our Enterprise and I got the car and they said, "You got to pay this much." I paid for it. When I turned it back in on Saturday, Pep Boys said, "We don't have any information about when they're going to work on your car. So you take the truck and come back on Monday."

I came back on Monday. They said they'd work on the car. I said, "Okay." I had to rent another vehicle for another day. So I had two rentals. They said, "We'll only pay $90 for three days, $30 a day." There's nowhere in the United States that I know that I could rent a car for $30 a day. They said, "We'll give you $90 back." I just got the check Saturday. I had a free oil change and that was okay. They paid for that. But being a customer that long and getting treated like I got treated, I was so mad.

Protect My Car response

We understand your frustrations and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Protect My Car makes every effort to assist customers with repairs to their vehicle, so there are seldom any issues with approving claims. Protect My Car terms of coverage require that our customers maintain and service their vehicles in accordance with their vehicle manufacturer's guidelines. It is very important to maintain all services needed to keep your vehicle in proper working order. One of our specialists reached out but was unable to contact you, regarding your review. Please call our Loyalty department at 844-556-4762, for a review of your claim. Thank you for being a Protect My Car Valued Customer.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

My Lincoln Service Adviser and I have been calling PMC every day for two weeks. They never answer the phone, even after listening to their recording for 30 minutes. Their website offers no way to enter a claim for repairs and lists no way to contact them other than the same phone number with the endless recording. It appears that my only recourse is legal for breach of contract, feel like I have been defrauded.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for any delay that you experienced. We would like to speak with you regarding your review to answer any questions or concerns. One of our specialists reached out but was unable to contact you, regarding your review. Please contact Customer Loyalty at 844-556-4762 so that we can provide further assistance, as needed. Thank you for being a Protect My Car Valued Customer.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

My car needs some work done on it, and 9 times out of 10, Protect My Car won't take care of it and I'm paying out of my pocket. I've had them for about two years now, and I'm not very happy. When you got a problem, you got to call them, but they get very critical. Also, I call them and take too long to get on the line with them, and I get different people all the time.

I've been dealing with a Cadillac place for my car, but they no longer take Protect My Car. I didn't know that. They got rid of them ‘cause they didn't want to have a hard time getting paid. I gotta get somebody else. I told someone I was taking my car someplace, and they only know what was going on. They said, “Go ahead and fix it.” Trying to get paid, I called and told another person, and this person doesn't know because I had somebody else before. They said, “Well, you should have called me,” which I did. It's a problem.

Protect My Car response

Our management team takes all such statements seriously. Protect My Car does not mislead customers nor have unethical business practices. We make every effort to assist customers with repairs to their vehicles, so there are seldom any issues with approving claims. We would like to speak with you regarding your concerns, however, our attempts to contact you for further review have been unsuccessful. Please contact Customer Loyalty at 844-556-4762 so that we can verify your account information and get a fair resolution.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

I've been with Protect My Car for two years and it almost took a year to go by before I put in a full claim. I had a radiator, rocker arms, struts, and a stabilizer bar put in. However, they haven’t given me some help on this oil leak that I have on my car, and I'm still dealing with this situation. I really wish I could have had a better situation with them with this. I gave them four copies of, in succession, the oil changes that I had, and after they made their determination, they said that it was my fault that the condition of the car was in the way it was, but it wasn’t. It just happened. It's wear and tear and I really need it done. I wish they'd change their mind and help me on this oil leak.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

I called Protect My Car because I had an issue. They were like, "Have the mechanic call us." As simple as that. I’ve definitely been telling everybody about it.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your review. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do for you.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

The service of Protect My Car is okay. I had a claim and I wasn't able to get any settlements from Protect My Car. But what they explained to me was understandable. I had to do it out of pocket and that was okay.

Protect My Car response

We do appreciate your choosing Protect My Car and we know you'll save a ton of money with the benefits provided by your coverage. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

My car broke down once and they sent someone out to get my vehicle. They towed it to the closest dealer and they fixed it. I was also able to get a free oil change. Then they're gonna reimburse me for the ones that I got that I had just paid for so I emailed them all of my receipts and I'm in the process now waiting on that reimbursement. They were also willing to work with me when the place where I was getting an oil change was the one that was being impatient. I love them.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for sharing your experience. We have shared those comments with Krista and to let her know how much her efforts are helping our policyholders when they need that help. We look forward to assisting you in the future. By the way, if you know friends or family who might benefit from a policy, please tell them about us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you refer someone who purchases a policy, we thank you by sending you a Visa gift card. Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

I've had an oil change the claims process was good, although it was a very long wait to get in contact with someone to confirm that I had coverage.

Protect My Car response

We are very glad to have been there for you with the Oil change. You can process your Oil Change reimbursement hassle free, online, by registering at https://portal.protectmycar.com. This service is available 24hrs a day and is the fastest way for reimbursement, document retrieval, or even making a payment. Please feel free to contact Customer Loyalty at 844-556-4762 for further assistance. Thank you for being a valued PMC customer

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

The claims process went well with Protect My Car when I got towing from them. But for one repair that I did, I drove the car down to Pep Boys and they put my brand-new windshield motor on there. Everything was covered but a $100 deductible I had to pay.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the great comments. It means a lot to us all to know our efforts are helping give our policyholders good peace of mind. By the way, if you know friends or family who might benefit from a policy, please tell them about us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you refer someone who purchases a policy, we thank you by sending you a Visa gift card. Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

The claim process was quick and good. The guys at the dealership said they were very impressed with the policy.

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for providing your comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is our most important goal. We are glad we were able to give the help you needed with your repairs, and we stand ready to do so again when the need arises. As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again for your very encouraging comments.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

The dealership was trying to charge 18,000 to fix the issues. What Protect My Car did was buy their own part and then they mailed it to the dealership. The claims process and customer service were good.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We are very pleased to know how much our efforts are helping our policyholders when they need that help. Our goal is to give every policy holder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide that. Thanks once again for those great comments. Remember, we are still here to help again when the need arises. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

In COVID time, Protect My Car took care of my truck. When you have a claim, you pay a percentage of the repair and then they pay the rest. You call them with a number and the people take care of your car.

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission to provide excellent service and needed help to all policyholders. We are thrilled that the policy, our staff, and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

They've helped me with everything that I needed with the different circumstances that have come up with paying that portion every month. But sometimes, when you call, you have to wait a long time. Other than that, everything is pretty good.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We apologize for any delay that you experienced. We are happy to have helped you and we look forward to assisting you in the future when you need help. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help. Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

Excellent customer service was what got me to deal with Protect My Car and join them. For the most part, the claims process was easy. The dealership dealt with everything. My bill would have been over 500, but with Protect My Car, it was 280.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

I really enjoy the fact that my oil changes are covered. There was a time when I had the dealership warranty and Protect My Car at the same time. There was a repair on my vehicle and my dealership warranty would not cover it but Protect My Car did. So I dropped my dealership warranty. As far as claims that I have to submit to Protect My Car for repayment reimbursement, the process was fairly quick. But I don't like the wait times when I'm having to get my oil change. Sometimes the wait times on the phone are too lengthy. When I got my oil change at the beginning of this month, I was at the shop for over an hour because they couldn't start the oil change until Protect My Car answered the phone and approved it. I was there with my toddler and she ended up having to use the facility. The restroom and the facility was kinda gross. I didn't like that. But my deductible was very reasonable.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Protect My Car contacted me and they explained to me what their company was all about. It sounded like it was a really good deal for what they were offering. They were very thorough. They answered all of the questions I had. I'm glad I chose them because I still get calls from people wanting to give me extended warranties and protections on cars, and they're kind of nasty. They don't even listen. They were just so busy trying to sell and talk, but they were not listening to what I had to say or answering my questions. But with Protect My Car, they weren't like that. They weren't that over-aggressive type. I've used their services and they have already saved me money. I've gotten my free oil changes through them.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Those were very kind words, and we appreciate them very much. We do work hard to make sure your experience with Protect My Car is a positive one and that the whole process, from choosing the right coverage, to making sure it is comfortable on your budget, to fast and efficient claims service, towing and rental car benefits, gives you great peace of mind. Thank you again for those very encouraging comments.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I've been a Service Advisor for over a decade. I graduated to Service Specialist over a year ago. Let me tell you... When I say this is the best warranty contractor in the market, I mean it. They cover what they say they will. Easy to file a claim. Easy to process payment. Zero opposition while asking for coverage or rental. The staff & their customer service performances are 2nd to none. Elbert ** is the most considerate & professional agent I've worked with when helping a customer get back in their vehicle. I would not search for another warranty provider beyond their products & services!

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for your kind comment. We make it our mission to provide outstanding service and needed help to all Repair shops. We are very grateful to have Elbert on our team. Please know that we shared a copy of your 5-Star Review with him, and we’re certain he will be happy to read this. Thanks again for your comments. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I called Protect My Car see if the part would fall under the guidelines of getting my car repaired. The procedure was 75% easy to get done. 25% of the holdup was between the mechanic and communication with getting in touch with someone. They were ready to do the repairs, but there was a holdup between them and the connection with one of Protect My Car's staff members. But once they got the ball rolling, everything went smooth. Once everybody got connected, the same day, everything got done. I'm thankful that we have the program because it saved me some money. Even with the little hiccup with the communication, everything got taken care of. I was satisfied.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for that review. That really is the goal we strive for with every claim we handle. Having your vehicle breakdown on the road is stressful enough. The repair process does not have to be as well. We are very glad to have helped you with that repair. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car and thanks again for the review.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Protect My Car is pretty good. The only thing I hate is when it's time for you to go get an oil change, you'd be on the phone with them for about an hour before you even can contact some people. Then, once you tell the people that's doing the oil change that you got Protect My Car, they don't want to see you because it'd be hard for the payment. You got to stay on the phone forever and there is no direct number that I can call once I get there for the payment.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for any delay that you experienced. One of our specialists reached out but was unable to contact you, regarding your review. You can process your Oil Change reimbursement hassle free, online, by registering at https://portal.protectmycar.com. This service is available 24hrs a day and is the fastest way for reimbursement, document retrieval, or even making a payment. Please feel free to contact Customer Loyalty at 844-556-4762 for further assistance. Thank you for being a valued PMC customer.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I had Protect My Car before and there was a big mess so to compensate me, they said that if anything goes wrong with the car, they would fix it and I wouldn’t have to pay any deductibles, which was cool. Because I was gonna get rid of it and go with another one. But when it expired, no one emailed me or called me. I was riding around thinking I still had it. Then, something went wrong with my car and I had to get it repaired but Protect My Car said that my stuff expired a year and a half ago. Now that I got it back again, I have to pay the deductible.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I love Protect My Car. There was a problem with the motor and there were a couple of wirings that the mechanic had to do on my Buick. Protect My Car's reps were so polite and they moved quickly to get my car repaired. Then, I had one little incident that I had to pay a certain amount of it, but they were very patient and waited until I got the money up. After I did, they kicked right in and did what they were supposed to have been doing that was on the contract and what they needed to do. So, it was really good and I recommend them to anybody.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We know that one size does not fit all, and we are always happy to do everything we can to accommodate each customer on an individual basis. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car. By the way, if you know friends or family who might benefit from a policy, please tell them about us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. Thanks again for the great comments!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

The car wouldn’t crank so I had to send it to Pep Boys. They called Protect My Car and it went good. The claims process is okay. It's just my copay is $200, which is huge. But other than that, I don't have any complaints. Everybody's very nice and understandable. They get right on the ball and next thing I know, I have a tow truck around me and I have this.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I had one problem and I got in touch with Protect My Car. I contacted a mechanic and the mechanic contacted them. Everything was taken care of and they were great. Then, I had a car accident and I ended up getting another truck. And I want to eventually put Protect My Car on this truck, too, just to be on the safe side.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind. Great point, too. You never really know when a major breakdown will happen. It just makes sense to protect yourself before it does. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do for you.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

I have used the warranty for two incidents both involving the fuel pump. The first one was really quick but the second one took me so much time to get done. The first time, Protect My Car sent me the tow truck that took the car to a spot that got it fixed and they paid right away. The second one, I had to wait a week and a half without a vehicle because there was no answer from Protect My Car. Everybody was busy and they weren't calling back on time.

If they hire more people to answer phone calls, it will be much easier for everyone. The good thing is that I have three cars. One broke down, I could use my daughter's and my wife's. But there are some other people who only have one vehicle and that's what they use to work. If they don't have any other vehicle, they're stuck. Also, I had to pay extra money from my pocket to get my vehicle out on that second claim.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

Protect My Car's sales agent was really awesome. It took a while before I could acquire the high mileage that was needed in order to activate my warranty and my coverage because I didn't drive enough but when something happened to my car, I was happy I had it. It was something minor, but I was very ecstatic because it came out the blue and it made me panic instantly. The moment my check engine light came on, they said to contact them. So, I called them and they told me to take it to where I wanted to get it repaired. They said to give the for the service place provider the number that's on the back of my Protect My Car card.

I did that and they started the claim. Protect My Car then let them know what was covered and what was not due to my policy. Protect My Car is worth it. They do 80% and you can’t beat that. I pay them $100 a month and when there's a problem, you go in the repair shop, pay your diagnostic, and that’s pretty much all you're going to come out your pocket with. Because the rest, Protect My Car will pretty much cover.

Protect My Car response

We cannot thank you enough for the great comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind. By the way, if you know friends or family who might benefit from a policy, please tell them about us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you referred someone to us who gets a policy, we say thank you by sending you Visa gift card. Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

My wife’s car had some problems and it's a one-owner, so she's the only one having it and it’s well-kept. We used Protect My Car and the only issue that we had was getting somebody on the phone to pursue the claim because the dealership didn't like to sit on the phone and do that. But I used to be a service provider once so, I know how it is to be sitting on the phone and waiting. You have to wait and some people you get are impatient. Sometimes, we’d be working out there and then, we’d have to take time out to relieve ourselves from our job and call. But after we got over the issues about contacting Protect My Car, everything went okay and everything is well with the vehicle right now. Things happen in life and that’s the way it is. I’ve been there and I understand.

Protect My Car response

We cannot thank you enough for the great comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policyholders good peace of mind. We do work very hard to make sure the policy is affordable, and that policyholders get the kind of help they need when they need help. Thank you again for your very encouraging comments.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

For almost two months now, the rep handling the claim, Michael was not responsive. When I emailed him, the system is telling me the email is undeliverable. I have the document he requested from me but I can't send it back to him because his email is not working. Every time I call them, I'm on hold for the longest. I'm unhappy with them. Don't do this warranty. My car is in the shop and I gotta go through all these hoops just to get what I've been paying for.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

They took care of what they said they would. So the experience was great. The only thing I don’t like is that you got to be on hold for an hour and a half before somebody comes to the phone.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

I took my car in for an air conditioner issue and I called Protect My Car. I got everything over to them and they had to pay us whatever was left of the bill.

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for providing your comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is our most important goal. We are glad we were able to give the help you needed with A/C repair, and we stand ready to do so again when the need arises. As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again for your very encouraging comments.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

Protect My Car is a great company. They’re fast and accurate. Without them, I wouldn't be able to afford to keep the maintenance on this car. I’m glad I made the switch. It was a good move for me. I recommend them to anybody that needs a warranty. Anybody that’s got a vehicle on the road should go with Protect My Car. I will stay with them for the life of my car.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I called and signed up with Protect My Car. Mine is a 2005 one and that's why I kept my warranty there because I can't afford a new car. I'm happy with Protect My Car. I only wish they do shocks and brakes. Other than that, I would recommend the warranty. I have a place that I go to that takes care of things and they've done a good job.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I have two vehicles and both are covered with Protect My Car. I’ve been with them for over 10 years now. I had an experience with one of their representatives not too long ago, and it was horrible. I even had to escalate it to a supervisor. My car was in the shop and there was a miscommunication between what I should have known as the customer and the expectation that should have been set by the representative. It took almost three weeks. The representative never called me. But since then, I've had to get repairs done and Protect My Car has made it right. The most recent claim that I just did only took a day. Normally, it takes a day. Your car goes to the shop, they order the part, and Protect My Car submits the payment immediately.

Protect My Car response

We apologize for any inconvenience. We are delighted to have been able to help you with the repair of your vehicle, and look forward to being there for you when you need us. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call our Loyalty department at 844-556-4762. Thank you for being a valued Protect My Car customer.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Protect My Car called me out of nowhere and they were the only place that ever called me that was there to help with paying for fixing up cars. My experience has been good so far. They helped me with my car at one point when I needed it. Customer service is nice too and it's not hard to get ahold of them. I've recommended Protect My car to other people.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I ran into a problem with Protect My Car because I needed to do a car repair. The problem was my whole transmission broke. At first, Protect My Car didn't want to pay for the services because I didn't have any documentation. I told them when it came to oil changes, I would do those myself. We talked things through and resolved the issue. They were good and I recommend them to other people.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We know that one size does not fit all, and we are always happy to do everything we can to accommodate each customer on an individual basis. It’s all part of not just doing the right thing but doing things right for each customer. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I’m liking Protect My Car. I would recommend them. When I've needed them, I haven't had a problem getting help with them providing their part.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I went with this company because of their vision, values, & mission statement. But when I really needed my coverage I realized it was all a lie. They found any reason to deny my claim so they wouldn’t have to pay. I provided all of my receipts to show I keep up with maintenance on my truck. When they couldn’t use that as a reason they tried to say I’m being denied because I failed to protect my vehicle because I took my vehicle to the shop as soon as the check engine light came on. My check engine light was not even on for a good 10 min before I arrived at the shop. The agent said I should’ve pulled over and called a tow truck. I was not in a safe area to pull over and in order to get to a place where I could pull over I would’ve had to drive further than where the shop was. They said I caused further damage because I didn’t pull over and call a tow truck. Mind you from the time the light came on and by the time I got to the shop I didn’t even drive 3 miles.

My adjuster Zachary was very rude and showed no compassion. Nor did he even try to listen to understand what he was saying made no sense, because if I went by his logic I would’ve had to drive the vehicle further which would’ve caused more damage if we’re going by his logic. This company just want to take your money, and when you need them they leave you high and dry. I wish I would’ve did more searching and read reviews before I signed up with them, because now I feel like they are crooks.

I will not let this issue rest and I will do everything in my power to let the world know to stay away from Protect My Car, because they will not protect you. They’re just going to take your money and deny your claim when you need them. Mind you if they really looked into the issue I was having they would see that the lifters on a Dodge Ram are a problem. Now I can’t get in touch with my agent, and I just get the run around when I call customer service. After I sit on hold for an hour just to speak to someone. I would give 0 stars if I could.

Protect My Car response

We understand your frustrations; however, Protect My Car does not mislead customers or engage in unethical business practices. We regret that you felt a 1-star rating was necessary because we make every effort to assist customers with repairs to their vehicles, so there are seldom any issues with approving claims. During your policy purchase, the claims process was addressed in the Recap and outlined in your policy booklet. If you have any other questions or concerns, please call Loyalty at 844-556-4762 so we can provide further assistance, as needed.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I took the car in for the engine light and I ended up having 1,000 things wrong with it. I called and started the claim and then, the repair shop contacted Protect My Car. It was very difficult because most of the stuff that was wrong with the vehicle wasn't covered. They should have more coverage for used vehicles as well as rental car reimbursement. I had to get into a rental and I submitted all my paperwork, and they told me they only cover for three days. The rental was $58 a day and I still I haven't gotten anything back from Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are happy that one of our specialists was able to reach out to you to provide feedback regarding your review. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call our Loyalty department at 844-556-4762. Thank you for being a valued Protect My Car customer.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

If you break down, Protect My Car is always there to fix your car if anything goes wrong with it. I don't believe in getting shady mechanics so I like to bring my car to a shop, and Protect My Car has been protecting me. Everybody treats you nice. They’re fair and get you up and rolling. They don't hesitate on doing their job, which is why I like Protect My Car. People should get it and go with it. The service saves money.

Protect My Car response

Our primary goal is to give every policy holder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, oil Changes, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide good peace of mind. Best of all, when you do have a problem, it’s nice to know that with one phone call you can get towed in, activate rental car benefits, and get fast, efficient claims service. That’s what we call good peace of mind. Thank you so very much for your comments.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

I'm satisfied except with how we have to call and try to get somebody on line to make a claim. For the last claim I made, the mechanic and I were on the line for two hours. Also, if I could get a list of mechanics that accepts their services, that would also work. A lot of companies haven't heard of it and they don't know what it is. They don't have time to call Protect My Car and be on hold for extended periods of time just so I get the discount.

Other than that, the quality of service is fine. I got my oil changed already and I'm looking forward to get my second one when I need it. I tell a lot of people about Protect My Car, and a lot of people don't know what it is. I explain it to them, and they would be intrigued about it.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

Protect My Car is a good service and they’re convenient as far as helping me with my repairs. They helped me with a good amount the last time. I went and got my car repaired last month. So, I have no complaints. I've been with them for some years. I had a control arm and there was some other piece they had repaired too. They've also covered one of my oil changes. It’s always good when speaking to someone. They called right before the repair to make sure and informed me how much they were covering and how much I would have to cover. They made it smooth with the dealership. So, that was awesome. I would recommend Protect My Car. They're very reliable even if you have a newer car. They have been good with my grandmother too.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for your comments and nice thoughts. We do stand behind every customer and contract and go out of our way to not only save our customers money in repair costs, but also make the break down easier to handle so we can get you back on the road and back to your life.

Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

I'm satisfied with the service and it's a good experience with Protect My Car. The warranty is decent and fair. I don't have any problems with the warranty itself. But I wish there were a lot more people that would take this type of warranty because most places in Cleveland where I live don't take it for some reason. There's only one person that takes it.

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for your kind comment. We make it our mission to provide outstanding service and needed help to all policyholders. We are very glad the policy, our staff, and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

The reps were fine but it was confusing as to how the process works when you make a claim. Then when we did, we got some pushback. Protect My Car reviewed what was said to me and then honored our claim after that. So, it took a little bit of time to get our claim sorted out.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

I’ve always been skeptical about Protect My Car but it is what they said it was. I’ve called in two claims and I was just waiting for them to tell me that it’s not covered, because that was the experience I had three years ago. But they covered everything they said that they would. There were no hassles and the dealership had no problems.

When I had the issues, Protect My Car’s customer service was very gracious in helping me as far as getting into a location by way of a tow and then dealing with the dealership. I had no callbacks or anything that said they wouldn't cover it. Once I gave them who I was going with, which has always been the dealership, they outright paid for what they were obligated to pay outside of my deductible. All I did was give them the number. They were supposed to call and they took care of everything else. They did some follow-throughs to make sure that what the dealership was charging me for the half that I had to pay was what they were quoted. So, they were looking out for my interest as well. It’s been a great experience.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

The service with Protect My Car has been great since I’ve been with them. They take care of it whenever I have an issue so I haven’t had any problems. If something’s going to go out on your car, you don't have to worry about it, because they take care of it. You don't pay anything out of pocket. The only problem I have with them is that it's a long hold time. But it was never like that before. Now, I'm finding that you have to hold an extremely long time. It might be they don't have enough people to answer the phone.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We apologize that your wait time was a bit longer than usual. Please know that we are working diligently to make sure there is timely communication between our Loyalty department and the customers. We will work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call our Loyalty department at 844-556-4762. Thank you for being a valued Protect My Car customer.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Paid on claim as advertised on 2004 Tahoe. Was very skeptical when I couldn't get towing to a shop around 5 miles. So I called to cancel plan but so glad Mr. ** answered my call because he took car of everything. Good plan worth having.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Always takes care of the parts and labor that are covered by the contract minus my deductible. I have a 2008 car so they have helped me replace a broken window, find a tow service when I was stuck on side of road,

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

My front end of the car fell down and I'm still going through the claim. Protect My Car is telling me to provide information about the car and it’s been going on two months now. There is no communication but they’re asking me for payment. It has been a hassle and after going through what I'm going through, I probably wouldn't recommend Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to speak with you regarding your review to answer any questions or concerns. One of our specialists reached out but was unable to contact you, regarding your review. Please contact Customer Loyalty at 844-556-4762 so that we can provide further assistance, as needed. Thank you for being a Protect My Car Valued Customer.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Protect My Car is good but they need a different system to fill out calls because I didn't have my car for almost for a week when I should have had it maybe in three days. I would call and then, I would be on hold for two hours. I would take a call back, be on hold for 15 minutes and finally, somebody would come through. It was difficult to get ahold of somebody.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

This company has good customer service. They have good patience with me. I love how they call me back to make sure I am okay, while I was sitting in Pepboys. Two days later customer service called to make sure, I am okay and how the car is running.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Those were very kind words, and we appreciate them very much. We take pride in exercising good judgment by doing the right thing, not just doing things right. Thank you once again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything else we can do for you.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

So far my PMC experience has been wonderful! Recently, I referred a friend and am looking forward to receiving an appreciation gift card. But simply was glad to help out a friend and I certainly appreciate the free oil changes from your reputable fleet partners.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your review and for choosing Protect My Car to help you protect your car and your budget. We appreciate that very much and we know you'll save a ton of money with this coverage. Thank you, too, for referring folks to us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. Thanks again for the great comments!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Got to repair shop for one thing, the shop found another issue upon diagnosis. Made the call to PMC. Not a very quick call but it was handled in a timely manner. Had the initial repair done and made the appointment for the next.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I want to cancel Protect My Car. I got ripped off and didn’t get the help that I needed. The information when I got the policy was not complete as well as the information I got by phone. The first time, they paid for some coverage but I ended up paying a lot of money just for a battery. They said that the alternator broke but the battery was not included. I understand if the use of the battery is on my own, that they will die in certain time. But mine was brand new and it died because the alternator was not working. So, that made no sense. They refused to cover it. So, I ended up paying $800 plus the rental.

I had a problem with the engine and it had to be opened. To replace the piece inside the engine, the gaskets would have to be changed but Protect My Car didn’t cover the gaskets. So, they couldn’t help me out. I ended up paying $3,000 on my own. I’m paying for insurance that doesn’t cover for what I need and the information that I got when I got it was 100% of the engine will be repaired. Then, they came out with something. So, I tried to cancel it. They explained again and at the end, I got paperwork which came with all the things that were covered and not covered. So, I put the car on sale and I need to cancel my policy immediately. I was on the phone for almost an hour before I did my policy and Protect My Car explained from top to bottom. But when I ended up needing the help, there wasn’t. I’m still waiting for my refund for my toll, which has been three months.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Every time I have a problem, if I’m covered, Protect My Car covers it. Their service is great. They did my oil change, a wheel bearing and a master cylinder. And I got a transmission. But the communication with them has changed. The first year I got Protect My Car, they were on point. I call and the reps pick up. Now it's an hour wait or they have to call back. I have to keep calling until I get someone. Getting somebody on the phone is like pulling a tooth. The customer service is not answering my call like they’re supposed to.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

We like Protect My Car. I was skeptical about them during sign-up because I didn't know about the company. I was trying to talk my husband out of it but he did it. And we learned it's a good thing. We had to use them one time and had no problem. They got the wrecker out there as soon as we can make arrangement as to where we were taking the car. The wrecker service came and got the car, and took it to where we had designated to, which was Cloninger Ford. Protect My Car’s help and service was wonderful.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

I'm very satisfied with Protect My Car. They offer free oil changes and tire rotation a year. I've already had my free oil change. I know people who have cars that are nice and it'd be nice too to have an extended warranty. So, I recommend Protect My Car all the time.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

I saw Protect My Car on TV and it sounded like they were reasonable, and I decided to do it on a spur of the moment. The alternator went bad on the car and I turned it over to the auto dealer. I trust my mechanic very well and he told me what I owed after. He handled all that for me and Protect My Car kicked in their little bit.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

So far, the service is good. I had to use the warranty a couple of weeks ago and the mechanic said that it was all taken care of. They approved whatever it is that had to be done. Just try Protect My Car.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

I like Protect My Car’s response to the claim. The only problem I have is some of the things are not under warranty. With the air conditioning problem I had, one part was under warranty and the other wasn’t. It doesn’t make sense if you’re only gonna be responsible for part of something. And when you explain to me that everything is under warranty other than certain parts, I’d understand. But that unit didn’t make sense to me. Plus, I ended up paying a bigger part of the bill.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

When I got the policy, no one ever told me that my deductible was 50%. Who will agree to a 50% deductible, and I'm paying them almost $100 a month? It’s ridiculous to me. When my car finally got messed up, they didn't want to fix it. When they finally decided to fix it, my transmission went a week after I got my car fixed. They had me go through so many different things to get stuff from a year ago just to tell me they’re not going to fix my transmission. They had me get my reports from the oil change from the previous year. They told me that since the oil change a year ago, it was a suggestion to get my transmission looked at. But there were no lights so why would I think anything was wrong with my vehicle?

I canceled my service. Don't get it. It’s not worth your penny. The only thing it’s good for is the three oil changes and you can only go through the people that they have contracts with.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

The motor on the driver’s side window had an issue and the locking mechanism on the back door wasn't opening and closing. I wasn't able to access the back door on the van. I brought it to Pep Boys and they did all the legwork. They called up Protect My Car and the only issue that they had was the quoting part of it. Pep Boys got burned for a couple of $100 because they were quoted that they would pay for 800 and something dollars, and Protect My Car wound up paying only 600 and some dollars. But other than that, I paid my deductible. I felt bad for them, but at the end of the day, I got my vehicle fixed.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

The experience hasn't been the best. We signed up in 2018 and one of the vehicles I have wasn't under Protect My Car. That other company has pulled out and that left Protect My Car and the customers in a bind. Before you just pay half of whatever your invoice was and you were reinstated. For me, because my car is under the old warranty I had to pay everything in full and they reimbursed me.

I had some work done in February where it was $3,500 and I had to pay it, and I had to scrape up the money. It took them until last month when I finally received payment. That was because my husband and I ended up going to the Better Business Bureau. We have that same vehicle, we've had more work done to it, and I'm sure that it's gonna take a long time again. We're so over that part of it.

Other than that, my husband hasn't had any problems with the two other vehicles we have. He just had some work done on his GMC and they paid their portion right off the bat.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I have to wait almost forty-five minutes to get through to an individual. I have wait for a person to answer my call. I ask if there's anything can be done about the call waiting. Please let me know if this how a paying client gets treated.

Protect My Car response

We understand your frustrations and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We are aware that our call volume can sometimes exceed expectations, so we have incorporated many changes to manage our call hold times. There are instances, however, that we get a higher-than-normal call queue, and it can take longer than planned for a call to be answered. We will continue to work diligently to decrease the hold times. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact Customer Loyalty. Thank you for being a valued Protect My Car customer.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

I have my car at the dealership right now. I have multiple repairs being done. One is not covered at all and the other is only partially covered. Both are from what they call, "consequential failures". How convenient for them. The AC issue is the one that really irks me. In the process of completing a repair of an AC door actuator, the gear was stripped in the box because of the failed actuator. Of course, if one part fails it could and did affect another. But they said, oops that's not covered, good luck with that. Which is troubling because what about the next big repair?

Protect My Car response

Our management team takes all such statements seriously. Protect My Car makes every effort to assist customers with repairs to their vehicle, so there are seldom any issues with approving claims. We would like to speak with you regarding your concerns however, our attempts to contact you for further review have been unsuccessful. Please contact Customer Loyalty at 844-556-4762 so that we can verify your account information and get a fair resolution.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

First first off it was on weekend when I try to get ahold of him. I had a hell of a time trying to get ahold of anybody at all because they don't work on weekends even though our cars can break down on weekends. They don't work on weekends then set. Top it all off they didn't cover anything that was wrong with my car because of basic wear and tear. So on top of not being able to get anything covered you can't get ahold of anybody to find out what's going on. They're one of the worst places I've ever had in contact with and I do not recommend them. Their Ambassador Platinum plan is a joke. If it doesn't cover wear and tear and it doesn't cover pre-existing what does it cover.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

This company is a scam, when my car broke down they told me to take it to the workshop, after the claim is made they allege that the car did not arrive in a tow truck, therefore it was broken and that is why the policy does not cover it, they are cheeky.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your feedback on this matter. We understand your frustrations and Protect My Car takes all such statements seriously. We would like to look further into this matter; however, without more identifying information, we are unable address any problem(s) that you experienced. In fact, we don't even know if you have an account with us and/or if you dealt directly with Protect My Car. If you have some additional information that you would like to share and/or have us address, please call Loyalty at 844-556-4762 so that we can provide further assistance, as needed.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

Customer service was astounding and very informative and these are great people. Thank you Todd ** and Jason ** for your beyond the call of duty help on my policy and just helping me means the world too me.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We have shared those comments with Tod and Jason and to let them know how much their efforts are helping our policyholders when they need that help. Our goal is to give every policy holder a good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide that. Thanks once again for those great comments. Remember, we are still here to help again when the need arises. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Resolution response: Aug. 12, 2022

PMC is not getting it!!! I'm not frustrated, I feel deceived and lied to. Before I even paid for another rental, I made sure I called them to see if they would reimburse me. The rep told over the phone that, they would reimburse me, after, I pay for the rental. I have proof of the rep saying, out of her own mouth that they would reimburse me, for the rental. After I emailed the reimbursement dept. my receipt, that's when I got a reply later saying they would not reimburse me. So how are they holding up their obligations? They said one thing and did the total opposite. I don't know how many times I have to explain this. When you tell someone something and then, go back on your word, that is called deception and lying. In addition to, I did not receive any calls or emails from them trying to reach out to me about my review. If anything I've been calling and reaching out to them. I am currently looking for a new extended company that I can actually trust.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

I initially took my van to Jerry's Garage on 7/5/2022 and started a claim, because, I had no air and my windows had stop working. My van was ready for pick up on 7/7/2022. After only having it back for only 5 days, I noticed the air went back out again, so I called the shop and they told me to bring my van back to them on 7/26/2022....BUT, Before I took my van back or paid for another rental, I contacted Protect My Car to make sure they would cover the rental, because I had to take my van back to the shop. I was assured by their representative that they would cover the rental simply because, I had to take it back to the shop and that another diagnostic test would be performed and the shop was to explain to protect my car that there was a leak in the compressor that they had just put on. Now their reimbursement department and the manager said, they won't cover the rental charge after I got and paid for the rental.

I made sure, before leaving my van at the shop and before spending another dime to get a rental, that they would reimburse me back. They lied. By these people assuring me a reimbursement, that's exactly what I'm expecting to get back. If not my fault or problem that their representative lied or gave me the wrong information.

Protect My Car response

We understand your frustrations; however, Protect My Car does not mislead customers nor have unethical business practices. One of our specialists reached out but was unable to contact you regarding your review. PMC’s Management team has re-reviewed your customer’s file, and we found that PMC has held up to our obligation on your coverage plan. If you would like more information regarding your claim, please feel free to contact our Loyalty department for further assistance.

Original review: July 30, 2022

They owed me money from a job done 7 month ago and refused to pay; my car still hasn't been fix, because of them. Had to report them to BBB. Do not recommend Protect My Car. Only 1 efficient employee.

Protect My Car response

Original review: July 26, 2022

In the past 24 hours I have received 2 unwanted call. A machine calls stating they are replying to a request from me (untrue). Because it is a machine you have to wait to speak to a live person. That person states they will remove your number but since I got a call the next day that did not happen. I know there are good companies with good products out there. I have started a tracking list. When the time come I need that product I will get it from someone not on my Spam list.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your feedback on this matter. We understand your frustrations and Protect My Car takes all such statements seriously. We would like to look further into this matter; however, without more identifying information, we are unable to check our database to ensure we have properly taken your number from our call list. Please also remember that other companies are calling you as well. If you would like to speak with an agent to verify that your phone number is placed on OUR Do Not Call list, please feel free to contact our Loyalty department at 844-556-4762.

Original review: July 6, 2022

One of the things I liked about Protect My Car is that they don't have to hard sell. They answered my questions without trying to sell me on anything. And then they said, "Well have you thought about this, and have you thought about that?" It's a soft sell.

However, for my first claim, my car languished for two days because we could not get through the customer service line so that my mechanic can fix my car. I would drop the car off at the shop at 8 o'clock in the morning and I would pick it up at 5 o'clock and go home, and hope, hope, hope, and get it back the next day. On the third day, we finally got through. It was the first time the mechanic had ever used Protect My Car also. His complaint was, "I don't have time to wait for somebody." It's a busy shop and they cannot spend four hours on the phone. He was calling and he had his shop guys that were on break calling, and he had me calling, and it still took us two days to get a number. But once we got the number so the mechanic could start to work, it was a very easy process, and he was pleased.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for sharing your concerns with Protect My Car. We understand your frustrations and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We are aware that our call volume has recently exceeded expectations, and we are in the process of incorporating many changes to manage our call hold times. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I have a warranty with this company and they have denied my claim for a water pump. They say I have had a preexisting condition and I have not. Do your research before you go with this company. They promise to have someone call you back and they don't. My dealership where my car is have tried to reach out to no avail. Worst company ever.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with Protect My Car. We want to thank you for being a policyholder since April. Protect My Car makes every effort to assist customers with repairs to their vehicles, so we understand your frustrations regarding your recent claim. With the information provided by your shop, PMC Claims determined that the A/C concerns were not covered under your policy, and we apologize for that inconvenience. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Customer Loyalty. Thank you for being a valued Protect My Car customer.

Original review: July 1, 2022

The rep was really nice. He explained what it would cost me if my engine have issues.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are delighted that our agents have provided you with outstanding customer experiences. Having a knowledgeable and professional agent who truly cares about your situation and gives you the help you need provides customers with good peace of mind, which is one of our most important goals. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: July 1, 2022

At first I was with CARCHEX, then I cancelled because I went with this other company since I found out that they were cheaper. But whatever the price was, they paid 50% and you had to pay the rest. So I cancelled them. This lady from CARCHEX called me back the second time and she said she could get the price down to 119 a month. She also said that 75 dollars down, they would do bumper to bumper. So, I went back to her because she was really cool.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the comments, and after a brief review of your account, we are happy to see you are still a valued customer of Protect My Car. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: July 1, 2022

A few months ago I tried to use my policy and I was unsuccessful and gave a 0 rating. And I was contacted and the problem was solved and I am very happy. I will refer this company. Thank you for your Help.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-star review and for choosing Protect My Car. We are thrilled that you spoke with Melodi and a resolution was reached to your satisfaction. We apologize for the inconvenience caused during your claim process and regret that you did not receive a stellar customer experience at that time. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I was talking to the Protect My Car rep and he sounded good. So, he convinced me. The only thing is it’s hard to get ahold of somebody all the time. I tried to reach out to them for two weeks, trying to bring my car to get fixed, but I couldn’t get the claims department. All they do is keep me on hold, and all I do is listen to music all day. I finally got through a day before yesterday. They told me to just bring the car to the mechanic place. I gave them the Protect My Car claim number, and they would call Protect My Car so they could pay it and take care of everything. Once they get the car fixed, I’d be satisfied.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We apologize for any delays that you may have experienced and are sorry to hear you were disappointed for any reason. We understand it is frustrating to wait, so we strive to make every transaction hassle-free. Unfortunately, at this time our call volume is higher than expected, but we are confident that recently implemented changes will decrease the average hold time for better service. We are glad you are with us and will work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations. Protect My Car appreciates any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Protect My Car didn't do anything. They were horrible. I took my car to my dealer service and they attempted to get paid for three things that were supposed to be covered, but Protect My Car said they were not paying. They said it was considered some type of electrical service when it really wasn't. I canceled my claim right after that. It cost me $700 to try to go with Protect My Car but they did not protect anything on my car. So, they're a horrible company.

Protect My Car response

Protect My Car takes all such statements seriously. A thorough review of your account was completed, and we thank you for becoming a valued customer in January 2022. Every policy includes a grace period, and according to our findings, at the time of your repair request, your policy was still within that timeframe. We apologize for any misunderstandings and inconvenience regarding your coverage and non-approved claim. We regret that we were unable to keep your valued business, but please don't hesitate to contact Loyalty if you have any questions or concerns.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Protect My Car gives good discount and they have good monthly payments. It's a very good warranty company.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. Helping you save is precisely what a good coverage program should do. We are glad to have you as a valued customer and are confident you'll be saving even more money in the future with this coverage. Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I had some people before and they weren’t right so, I’m hoping Protect My Car is right. When I signed up, the reps were very professional and they explained everything step by step. The plans covered what I wanted.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: July 1, 2022

When I signed up, I asked questions and the rep answered them. I'm satisfied with Protect My Car and people should look into it. The payments are automatically coming out of my account, which is the easiest way for me.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I had Protect My Car with the truck I had before and before I needed work done, they were taking my money every month. As soon as it broke down and I needed work done to my car, there was a big problem. Now, things don’t seem to get fixed at an orderly fashion. There were too many things getting asked and I was faithfully paying every month. I shouldn’t have gone through that. They covered one thing, which was what made e stay with them. Then, I got another car after that and they did not want to cover that because it was a big job. It was a transmission job. So, I cancelled and went somewhere else. I will never recommend anyone to go to Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with Protect My Car. While we understand your frustrations, we do abide by industry-standard coverage requirements. As we do with every major claim, we requested service records and an inspection of the needed repairs, for both vehicles. With your first vehicle, we were able to approve your repairs; however, with the second vehicle, there were issues that even you did not know of before you purchased that vehicle. Protect My Car determined that we could not approve that claim due to those extenuating circumstances, and we apologize for that inconvenience. We regret that we were unable to keep your valued business, but please don't hesitate to contact Loyalty if you have any questions or concerns.

Original review: July 1, 2022

The rep was professional. He was trying to sell a product and did a great job but what Protect My Car sold was not what I got. They said I would get so many free oil changes. They said I could go anywhere that I chose. I went to three different oil change places and they said that they don't deal with Protect My Car because they never get paid. Making the payments for the coverage is not difficult at all but if you want to cancel it, you can’t. You got to write a letter and they wouldn't do anything until after they receive the letter. They want the mileage on your vehicle. I tried to call them because I have a billing situation and nobody will answer the phone. So, I'm not happy with them. You shouldn't have to do that if you don't like the service. It was a good experience until I got further into the thing and I saw all the pitfalls.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for sharing your concerns with Protect My Car. We understand your frustrations and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We are aware that our call volume has recently exceeded expectations, and we are in the process of incorporating many changes to manage our call hold times. Also, we are delighted that you were able to speak with Melodi and get a more favorable resolution regarding the oil change issue. We thank you for choosing Protect My Car, and we will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: July 1, 2022

The reps at Protect My Car were excellent. They explained to me better than the other folks did and they let me know exactly how it was with the service that I'm getting. I was told exactly what I needed to know.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Protect My Car had the better reputation. So, I picked them. The only experience I had was they gave me a free oil change. And I appreciated that. It went good. But it took a long time getting through to Protect My Car. The dealership asked me, “Will I hold on the phone for you guys?” Because they were waiting and waiting. So, the process was a little slow. The agent was nice to me when he got through, but it took a little longer than it should have. When we were finally able to get through, everything came out all right. Customer service was good.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for sharing your concerns with Protect My Car. We understand your frustrations and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We are aware that our call volume has recently exceeded expectations, and we are in the process of incorporating many changes to manage our call hold times. We are delighted that you were able to speak with Melodi and provide additional feedback. We thank you for choosing Protect My Car, and we will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I found out from my Toyota dealership that I don't have bumper-to-bumper. And I haven’t been able to get ahold of anyone from Protect My Car. They should get my policy in writing, not email.

Protect My Car response

Protect My Car management team takes all such statements seriously, and we understand your frustrations. We apologize for any misunderstanding regarding what is covered under your policy. We would be very happy to review your coverage, and can also mail a hard copy of your policy documents, but we do not have an address on file for you. Please call Customer Loyalty for further assistance. We will work hard to ensure we meet and exceed your expectations, and we appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Protect My Car did very well. I got the best price and I appreciated the way they handled everything.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I used Protect My Car one time and it took me to a couple of places but I ended up taking it to my mechanic. He said it wasn't anything too serious. When I called, the lady gave me three places I could’ve taken it. The customer service has been okay. I have a claim now that I need to make with another issue that I’m having but I possibly need to take it to a Mazda dealer.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Protect My Car. We apologize for any inconvenience and urge you to take your vehicle where you are the most comfortable. We only ask that the shop agrees to take a credit card over the phone. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: July 1, 2022

When I signed up for Protect My Car, it sounded like a good deal at the time. I thought I needed it. But as time goes by, as long as you got it and you don't use, and I haven't used it yet, you tend to wonder if you really need it. I’m paying out a certain amount of money every month and I'm on a fixed income.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are always concerned that the cost of the coverage remains affordable for all our customers. Most of our customers are on a budget, and when you have a breakdown, the amount you save may actually exceed what you spent on the coverage plan. There are many options, and a specialist attempted to contact you but could only leave a voicemail message. So please contact Customer Loyalty and ask for your specialist to contact you regarding your options. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: June 24, 2022

My review for this company is mixed good/bad. First off… I have not once called Protect My Car and had to wait any less than 1-2 HOURS to speak with an agent. This is in itself absolutely unacceptable practice for any company and when it happens consistently week after week, it is NOT an anomaly that can be attributed to “unusually high call volume”, it represents company wide negligence and mismanagement. Full stop.

Secondly, when I was making a claim I had a shocking experience with one of their claim adjusters, “Kyle”, who attempted to deny my claim on the grounds that he knew more about the repair necessary on my car, then the certified fleet mechanic that was inspecting and repairing my vehicle (there are so many things wrong with this that I can’t get into discussion here).

Lastly however, was my experience with one of their supervisors “Jason **” who kindly and respectfully explained the details of my policy. He was very knowledgeable about the product, he treated me like a valued customer, and helped me to gather the information that I needed to allow Protect My Car to help me and honor their contract. If it weren’t for him, and especially after my terrible experience with Kyle, I would have canceled my policy. Because of Jason however, I’m hopeful to continue a good relationship with this company. That being said, my patience for waiting on hold for hours to speak to an agent is only going to last for so long.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for sharing your concerns with Protect My Car. We understand your frustrations and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We are aware that our call volume has recently exceeded expectations, and we are in the process of incorporating many changes to manage our call hold times. As for the matter with the claims adjuster Kyle, we have forwarded your review to his management team, who will be taking necessary actions to ensure this does not happen again.

Also, we are delighted that Jason provided you with an outstanding customer experience. He is definitely knowledgeable and respectful, and we couldn’t be happier to have him at Protect My Car.

Original review: June 22, 2022

After speaking with a gentleman about getting Protect My Car, he convinced me that they would cover the things that need to be covered. So, I was kinda impressed. Also, the fact that they do everything in-house instead of going through a third party was a plus as well. I'm very pleased with my coverage. The rep I worked with was very professional and knowledgeable. Any question that I had, he was right on point. He answered to satisfaction.

Protect My Car response

Original review: June 18, 2022

They provide free oil change. Three a year to keep your car in great condition. Also the company is very affordable for my 2005 Cadillac Deville so I would recommend them to consumers with older vehicles.

Protect My Car response

Original review: June 16, 2022

Jason ** was the employee that tended to my call and his phone etiquette was excellent. He was knowledgeable of the company policy and process of my claim. I would like him to be acknowledged for his excellent customer service.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-Star Review! We are delighted that Jason provided you with an outstanding customer experience. Having a knowledgeable and professional agent who truly cares about your situation and gives you the help you need provides customers with good peace of mind, which is one of our most important goals. We have shared a copy of your 5-Star review with Jason and his management team, and we're certain they will all be happy to read this. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: May 26, 2022

We put in a claim for a fuel pump and it was a long wait for the person to get in touch with someone, but once we got ahold of them, it went well. I'm happy so far. I also like the free tire rotation and free oil changes. It saves me some money.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are delighted to have assisted with your recent oil change and apologize for any inconvenience due to our current hold times. We understand it is frustrating to wait but are confident that recently implemented changes will decrease the average hold time for better service. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: May 25, 2022

I purchased my vehicle Aug of 2021. I started with PMC a couple of weeks after I purchase. They signed me up for the supreme contract since my car was only 3 yrs old and only had 43,00 miles (Practically brand new). They have been deducting the fee religiously every month since Sept of 21. Fast forward to now in May of 2022. I needed to get my oil changed and get the regular maintenance check. I made an appointment out of town because I knew it was nearing the time and I figured I get it before getting back on the road home and my service message popped up. I took my car to the dealership on May 18th and while they were doing the regular check they found some other things that needed attention. So the dealership Rep called them and was informed that I was covered but because it was over 3k they would have to send an inspector out. The inspector went out on May 20th.

Here is where everything goes downhill. First, they made up an excuse that they needed all the documents for any service I had done to the car. I informed them that this was literally the first time I have had to have any service done to the car. The dealership made sure everything was either nearly new or new before I drove it off the lot, and when I'm home I sometimes the car sits for days at a time since I work and attend school completely remotely. So the next run around was since I did not have service documents they needed my Bill of sale (I figured that was odd because they did not need it to sign me up with the service) besides that I was out of town. Who carries paperwork like that in their car? So instead I found an inspection report which was done a few days after I purchased the car which in my state my insurance company requires. This report has all my information the description of the car, the VIN #, and the mileage.

Once I sent that I called to check the status and was informed that the report would not suffice and that they needed the bill of sale. So I got the dealership that sold me the car to send me a copy and I immediately sent it to them. I called again to get an update on the status. The Rep put me on hold forever then came back on and said there was a problem. That when they signed me up for the contract I was given the incorrect contract and their system would not allow them to move forward with approving the service 1) because the contract I was under required that I have service documents so since I did not have any the request would be denied then 2) the excuse changed to the contract was wrong for the make and model of my car so they would have to get me signed up under the correct contract which because of the make and model of my car did not cover the parts needing repair. At this time IM LIVID So the contract that I’ve been paying on for the last 9 months was invalid and they would have to get me signed up under the correct contract. So this is the good part.

I told them I wanted nothing else to do with this company and I would be filing a lawsuit against them for FRAUD. If you read the contract carefully there is an arbitration clause that states any contractual disputes have to go through arbitration which is “non-binding” but these folks were so busy trying to get out of honoring the contract that they failed to realize once you deem the contract invalid the terms and conditions are therefore invalid and unenforceable so they just opened themselves up to be sued. And they have to refund me every dime I’ve spent on this now invalid contract. So now they either have to validate the contract and honor it or leave it invalid and be sued.

On top of that, they have been reported to government agencies for fraudulent and dishonest business practices. So I know I'm, not the only one they have tried to get over on. Now under normal circumstances, the arbitration clause protects them from having lawsuits filed against them but it does not protect them from being sued for fraud or being reported to government agencies that can sanction and bind them. DO NOT LET THESE PEOPLE GET OVER ON YOU. THEY NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for sharing your concerns with Protect My Car. We understand your frustrations; however, Protect My Car does not mislead customers or engage in fraudulent, dishonest, or unethical business practices. We have also responded to your BBB complaint, in detail, and if you would like more information regarding your concerns, please don't hesitate to contact Protect My Car.

Original review: May 25, 2022

The reps helped me and walked me through the process. I was impressed with the way they talked to me, explained stuff and handled things.

Protect My Car response

Original review: May 24, 2022

The amount of miles on my car was 211,000 and nobody else will cover it but Protect My Car. I pay my monthly fee and just go to my dealership for free oil change. Protect My Car helps me every single time I need them. They are outstanding. They keep you informed. If you don't know something, they will make you aware. I was gonna cancel them but they worked with me to get a lower package on my monthly payment. It worked out. I’m satisfied and I won't go with anybody else.

Protect My Car response

Original review: May 23, 2022

So far, I like Protect My Car. I like the fact that I have coverage and I can get things taken care of. They paid for everything that I've needed taken care of with the last time that I took my car for an oil change and tire rotation. I got my car back the same day. Calling and getting in contact with an agent to get the payment taken care of took a minute.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Protect My Car. We apologize for any delays that you may have experienced and are sorry to hear you were disappointed for any reason, especially an oil change. We understand it is frustrating to wait, so we strive to make every transaction hassle-free. Unfortunately, there are times when our call volume is higher than expected, but we are confident that recently implemented changes will decrease the average hold time for better service. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: May 22, 2022

Protect My Car makes sure you’re taken care of and you don't get screwed. They make sure the car dealership is not cheating you on labor. I recommend them to a lot of people. It’s a good warranty. I had an oil change last month and they took care of the payment.

Original review: May 21, 2022

Great service was helped with all the questions I had and right away. Demost ** was the rep that I talked to, he had lots of knowledge and even helped with a couple of websites that would help speed up the process of getting my car back. Still waiting for my car and to know if it's going to get done anytime soon but that isn't in the control of Protect my Car that's on the shop that the car was towed to. Cameron **, a supervisor with the company, has gone above and beyond quite a few times for me and I couldn't be happier that I chose to go with them. Keep up the great work guys! The professionalism that they have shown me is almost like they were trying to get their own cars fixed and because of that, I would definitely recommend my own family and friends who I already have.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for those great comments. We appreciate them very much. Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is one of our most important goals. We would like to speak with you regarding your referral bonuses; however, our attempts to locate your account with the information provided have been unsuccessful. Without more identifying information, such as a phone number or policy number, we are unable to verify where to send the $100 bonus. Please call Customer Loyalty for further assistance. Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: May 21, 2022

I am pleased with Protect My Car. I had to call on them twice since I've had them and they didn't let me down. I had no problems reaching anyone. They gave me information that I needed to give to the car people. When I got there, they were connected with Protect My Car. Protect My Car is there for you when you need them. If something happens, you ain't gonna be stumped. You could pick up the phone and call somebody to help you. That's the thing I like the most about it. They don't make you wait and the people that had come out to help me were so polite. They give it all they got and do what they gotta do. I did not have to wait any longer or need to call. I put my car in the shop and they helped me get it out. I got my car back in a timely manner. I'm getting ready to put it back in there for the air conditioner. That's why I keep them well-paid up.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are delighted that you have had such excellent customer experiences. Having knowledgeable and professional agents who genuinely care about your situation and give you the help you need provides customers with good peace of mind, which is one of our most important goals. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: May 20, 2022

I am enjoying Protect My Car. I chose it over CarShield because I like the payment that Protect My Car has versus them. I'm glad I made the choice that I made. It’s good to have. They allow me oil change so I don’t have to worry about paying that out. I have rotated the tires thru them, too. A while back, my key broke. They called somebody to come out for me. That helped me a lot. The customer service is nice and helpful. I like that too.

Protect My Car response

Original review: May 19, 2022

My first package didn’t cover a lot of stuff I needed to cover and I didn't understand it, so I had to switch. Once I changed it, I had to wait another 30 days before I could get back on it and I was praying and hoping that nothing would happen with my car. Protect My Car has been pretty good since I’ve had them, and I’m comfortable. I didn’t know I had to wait 30 days before I got an oil change, but I got an oil change and tire rotation since then. I called them and they paid on time. I would recommend them, because they paid right then and there.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. Our apologies for any inconvenience regarding your previous policy. We are glad to have found another plan that fit your needs and are thrilled to have assisted with your oil change. We will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: May 18, 2022

I used Protect My Car when I took my car to get my oil changed. They have been paying every time I go get my oil changed.

Original review: May 18, 2022

The representative was very professional and knowledgeable, and once I paid my first payment, it got automatically drafted and I like that. When I got my statement, I said, “Oh, it already came out.” I was glad they took it out because I forgot. Protect My Car is wonderful and I really love it. When I get my car serviced, I don't pay for anything. I don’t have to pay for my oil change, and the last time I had to get a tune-up, I paid $80.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are delighted that our agents have provided you with outstanding customer experiences. A knowledgeable and professional agent who truly cares about your situation and gives the help needed provides customers with good peace of mind, which is one of our most important goals. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: May 17, 2022

I did three oil changes thru Protect My Car. I took my car to the mechanic, told them who I’m with, and Protect My Car took care of it.

Original review: May 17, 2022

Protect My Car tells you one thing when you're getting them, but when something happens, everything changes. They paid for my oil change twice a year, but when it was time for me to get a parking brake malfunction fixed on my car, they said, "It wasn't on our list." They told me when the light came on that they would fix it, but they didn't, so I dropped them. They didn't want me to leave, but I got mad at them. I kept them for three years and they didn't hesitate about taking money from my account each month, but when I really needed them, they weren't there for me. Why keep them if they can't fix what I need fixed?

Protect My Car response

Protect My Car takes all such statements seriously. A thorough review of your account was completed, and we thank you for becoming a valued customer in January 2021. We would like to clarify that we are the most transparent company in the industry, and our agents explained that both a diagnostic and an approved claim were needed for PMC to assist with your rental vehicle. When your shop called in December of 2021 stating that your Emergency Brake Control Module had short-circuited, PMC Claims determined the repair was not covered under your Supreme plan and could not approve the repair. That specific part is not covered under most (if any) VSC plans in the industry, and we apologize for that inconvenience. We regret that we were unable to keep your valued business, but please don't hesitate to contact Loyalty if you have any questions or concerns.

Original review: May 16, 2022

It was easy setting Protect My Car up on the phone. Everything was explained. The rep was true to the game. He told me what it was and how it operates including what they cover and what they don’t. When I had my car serviced, they paid for one thing and I paid for $38.

Original review: May 16, 2022

I used Protect My Car to get my oil change and it was paid right then. I also took my truck in to get it repaired. The garage called to get the claim and told Protect My Car what the issue was. They paid the bill right then too. It was no hassle. Try them. Their word is good.

Original review: May 15, 2022

Protect My Car gives me three oil changes a year. However, if I need a motor and it will cost $3,000, I still have to come up with 1,500. I wish they would do better with with major components. Instead of doing a 50%, we should be able to pay a deductible and they can do the rest. We're paying that monthly fee every month and sometimes, we might not even much use it on a monthly basis.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We understand your frustrations and apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. Please contact Customer Loyalty to discuss options that may be available after this current repair is completed. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers and thank you again for your comments.

Original review: May 15, 2022

I like Protect My Car. My son got in a wreck and the car got totaled. But they let me out the contract and I said, "When I get another car for my son, I'll come back." That's my current policy now and they've been great. The customer service is amazing. But Protect My Car should staff up so they can handle calls. You get free oil changes and sometimes you have to call them before you get the service. At least two times, I've been on hold. That is a bit of a hindrance because the oil change shop was gonna move on and get my car in because there is a bunch of cars getting their oil changed.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We apologize for any delays that you may have experienced and are sorry to hear you were disappointed for any reason, especially an oil change. We understand it is frustrating to wait, so we strive to make every transaction hassle-free. Unfortunately, there are times when our call volume is higher than expected, but we are confident that recently implemented changes will decrease the average hold time for better service. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: May 14, 2022

It was great with Protect My Car. My light had come on and I wound up getting a free oil change and tire rotation. I had to pay half for what was wrong with my car and they paid the other half. Their service worked out like they said.

Original review: May 14, 2022

Signing up was easy. The mechanics seem like they have an easy time with the claim submission process.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us and will work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I love Protect My Car so far, except I recently had service done on my car at Don Moore Chevrolet here in Owensboro. I had an oil change and wheels rotated, and I paid for it myself but I haven't been reimbursed for that yet. It's been over a month so far. The dealership called them. They were on hold for 30 minutes and they didn't stay on hold anymore because they were swamped. It happened to be on a day in the afternoon when I'm sure Protect My Car was just as swamped as they were.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We apologize for any delays that you may have experienced and are sorry to hear you were disappointed for any reason, especially an oil change. We understand it is frustrating to wait, so we strive to make every transaction hassle-free. Unfortunately, there are times when our call volume is higher than expected, but we are confident that recently implemented changes will decrease the average hold time for better service. Our records indicate that your reimbursement check was mailed out right soon after your review. If you still have not received it, please call Customer Loyalty for further assistance. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: May 13, 2022

The lady told me what the pros and cons are, and then she said that I should get Protect My Car. So, I got it on the first day that she told me about it. The service was good. I had to get an oil change and rotation of tires. I didn't have to pay anything to my dealership because I already paid $200 for Protect My Car. But I canceled last week because of the family situation I had going on.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments and the 5-Stars. We are thrilled to have assisted with your oil change and regret that we were unable to keep your valued business, but please don't hesitate to contact Customer Loyalty if you have any questions or concerns. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions. Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Protect My Car called me and then a supervisor got on the phone and offered me the big package for five years and I took it. The experience was good because he told me some good stuff and I don't have to worry about my car. When I got my oil change, I forgot that they had given me a couple of free oil changes and tire rotation. At the time, they did give me a courtesy call and said, "Why are you not taking advantage of the promotion to keep your car up?" So, I said, "What was it?" They told me what it was. I had made an appointment for my oil change but when they told me, I canceled it and went to the Dodge dealers and got it there. I was telling them I really appreciated it.

The process went well. It was one thing that I needed once they checked my car and they had done the oil change and tire rotation. They paid for that, and then the dealer called them back and said there was something else wrong. Without any problems, they went ahead and paid for it. I was thankful because if I hadn't brought my car in, I wouldn't know something was wrong with it because it didn't light up on the dashboard.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are delighted that our agents have provided you with outstanding customer experiences and are very happy to have been there for your repairs and your budget. That's what a good policy is supposed to do. We look forward to assisting you again in the future when you need help. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: May 12, 2022

The reps were very courteous on the phone when I signed up with Protect My Car. The only claim I’ve had with them so far was doing my oil change and they took care of it very quickly. They have no problems at all and I was amazed. If Protect My Car is gonna cover my car like a factory warranty, then it's good. So, I would recommend other people to them. They speak to their customers with respect and take their time to understand if it’s something that you don't know, and try to get it to where you understand what's going on.

Original review: May 11, 2022

I've had to call Protect My Car's customer support about twice and the problem was solved easily. Having Protect My Car is worth the money.

Original review: May 11, 2022

The claim for the wheel bearing went smoothly on my end and from the service technician. It was dealt with through them and Protect My Car. According to the service technicians I've dealt with or the businesses that have provided me service, Protect My Car is one of the easiest warranty companies they ever dealt with. Each time I've had to have service with my warranty, it's been no hassle.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 4-Star Review and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us, and we will continue to work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations. Please feel free to give our Customer Loyalty Department a call to provide additional feedback on how we could have earned that 5th star. Thank you for being a Protect My Car valued customer.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Protect My Car makes claims easy and effortless as long as you follow their instructions. Repair facilities are usually pleasantly surprised that Protect My Car does what that say. Protect My Car makes the process simple for their customers and the repair facilities. The services that are offered are clearly outlined in advance for customers. On several occasions when I did have questions about what was covered and what was not covered I simply called customer service and they were always able to instruct me.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We could not have said it better ourselves. It really is a team effort here to make sure the coverage is hassle-free for policyholders. It is comments like yours that let us know we are doing just that. That certainly makes our day brighter. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: May 10, 2022

The first time it took over 45 minutes for Meineke to get an authorization for payment. Then Meineke charged me for dealing and waiting on the phone. The second time at a different Mieneke the same thing waiting about 35 minutes on the phone for authorization for an oil change on both occasions. My car was done and I’m waiting for Protect My Car to answer the phone. This is unsatisfactory!

Protect My Car response

Thank you for sharing your concerns with Protect My Car. We understand your frustrations and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We are aware that our call volume has recently exceeded expectations, and we are in the process of incorporating many changes to manage our call hold times. We are thrilled that you spoke with Melodi and received a satisfactory resolution. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Protect My Car is a good service. Their reps explained everything to me well. I contacted them about an oil change. It went pretty well. They showed me how to do it.