Accredited Partner

Protect My Car

Protect My Car
Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.17/5

Protect My Car is a premier Auto Repair Protection provider. The company's goal is to eliminate the worry of being financially responsible for an expensive mechanical breakdown. With a Protect My Car Vehicle Service Contract or Ambassador Plan, you’re instantly eliminating any concerns about being fully burdened with the cost of a covered repair.

Protect My Car LLC Video
Protect My Car Get Pricing

Protect My Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car LLC?

Original review: May 3, 2020

Everything is going fine with Protect My Car. I called them and made sure it was the same policy I had before on the other vehicle. But I couldn’t have the same one. So, they knew exactly and they looked at my old policy to see what I had, and then that was what they gave me. My interaction with their consultant was fine. The coverage I'm receiving is right in my budget. Then when I called them to do the claim, I asked them for me to take the car in and they told me to go ahead and take the car in. When I called for a roadside, they could never find my policy number. If I don't have the policy number right offhand, I have to call back and stuff like that. Then when I called them back, they said that they were separate from them. Protect My Car should have something where if you call and they ask for the phone number, everything pops up.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We regret the difficulty you experienced. We do work with companies nationwide to insure prompt roadside assistance. A few of those companies may not have your contract information readily available, but there are procedures in place to allow them to provide assistance. Thank you for alerting us to the need to work with that company to make sure they are meeting our customers needs.

Original review: May 3, 2020

My experience with Protect My Car has been good. The coverage could've been a little bit better though. I needed some exhaust work and I thought that they used to do it. If I'm paying for a warranty or something that's gonna cover my car repairs, everything should be included, except for wear-and-tear like brakes and regular stuff. Also, they changed the claim process from before, which I liked. Before, they make you print out the paper, sign it and you send it back. But now, I just tick on the money and send it to whoever it goes to. Other than that, it was cool and I did like my last service.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We would like to be able to include exhaust issues in our coverage, but as a nationwide company, we understand that each state has its own rules as to who can work on, or even cover, those repairs due to environmental concerns. We do cover the absolute most we can cover within the law.

Thanks for your comments.

Original review: May 2, 2020

Vehicles will break down and sometimes you just need that extra help. I felt good about Protect My Car's policy. They also handled their business very well and weren't pushy. I did do the free oil change and it went well.

Protect My Car response
Thanks for those comments. We appreciate your taking your time to provide them. You are right, too. When that first big expensive repair happens, especially on a holiday or on vacation, and Protect My Car takes care of it for you, that is when you know you made a wise choice to protect yourself and your budget. That is what gives you good peace of mind.

Thank you again for those very encouraging comments.

Original review: May 2, 2020

When I buy my cars, I usually get the extended warranty but I noticed with this car that I got, I didn’t have one, which was why I got an outside warranty on my own. Protect My Car was a little cheaper than everybody else but I wasn’t pleased with the first price they gave me. They told me I could cancel within 30 days but when I was reading through everything, it seemed like the other one that I had. I called Protect My Car and I was cancelling but the guy kept trying to talk me out of it. He put a manager on the phone. He gave me four oil changes for free and something else. I was skeptical with the rep and I said I had to read through everything because they might say one thing, but that thing would turn out to be a little different, which was what I didn’t like. So, as soon as I end up having a problem or they’re not honoring something, I’m dropping it.

With the last warranty that I had, it wasn’t that they didn’t honor anything for me. My father-in-law's Mercedes had a check engine light that popped on and when he took it to Mercedes and tried to get it fixed, the extended warranty was saying that it was a wire within the engine, which was not covered, when we were told that everything dealing with the transmission was covered. My father-in-law didn’t sign up for any extended warranty at all and he was a little bit upset. I didn’t tell him I signed up for this one. So, I hope that I don’t have these types of issue because these extended warranties don’t tend to be truthful most of the time.

I told the reps at Protect My Car what my father-in-law experienced with the other extended warranty and I asked them if it would be covered if anything should go wrong within the transmission or engine such as a wire and it’s within one of those. I told them that it’s very important for me to know, and I was told yes. Still, I kinda felt like I didn’t need the extended warranty because I have a pretty good mechanic that works for Mercedes that does mine for the little things that go wrong and I don’t even pay Mercedes prices.

Protect My Car response
We do work hard to make sure your experience with Protect My Car is a positive one and that the whole process, from choosing the right coverage, to making sure it is comfortable on your budget, to fast and efficient claims service, towing and rental car benefits, gives you great peace of mind. Providing valuable free benefits is another way we show we have our customers best interests at heart.

Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Original review: May 2, 2020

I have purchased an older Jeep and it's in great, working condition. But I figured I had to get some protection on it just in case something happens down the line. Signing up with Protect My Car was easy and the rep was very knowledgeable. Then they called me and told me that I get free oil changes. I did the oil change two days ago and it was good.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for those comments. That is exactly that we like to hear. In fact, giving our customers great peace of mind is our number one goal around here. Thank you very much for letting us know we are meeting that goal and thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: May 1, 2020

The rep of Protect My Car was good and informative, trying to make sure I get any type of discount and I was taken care of pretty good. We’ve had to use it twice already for my wife's car. And it was fixed promptly. It’s a cool idea, just having somebody and being able to pay my half of it. It helps a lot.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repair and glad we saved you so much money. That’s what a good policy is supposed to do. We look forward to helping you in the future when you need help. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.
Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out.

Original review: May 1, 2020

I was trying to find a different insurance and I came across Protect My Car. The rep told me all about it and tried to make a sale but I didn't buy it right there and then. I came and I thought about it. I got the number, called back and got it. My car is a 2005 older model. I read the contract and I realized that a service contract was something that my car needed in case I bring it to the mechanic or anywhere. The oil change is covered so I would not have to pay for that and if I bring it to the mechanic, I would only pay 50%. You just call and make payments over the phone. Then, it's good to go. There's not much hassle to it so, I kinda like it. It's easy and convenient, which was why I purchased it. The claim experience has been good so far. They haven't given a pushback. I brought it to the mechanic and they did what they had to do.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for providing your experience with Protect My Car. We appreciate that very much We know you will find us attentive to your needs and the coverage will save you a terrific amount of money. That is what good coverage is supposed to do.

Original review: May 1, 2020

Protect My Car's price is better than the others and everything has been good with the coverage.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission in life to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders ata very reasonable cost. We are very glad the policy, our staff and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.

Original review: April 30, 2020

What I don’t like about having Protect My Car is that I gotta pay half of the bill. I had a claim for a window and the company paid half and we paid half. But I got another company on my truck and all I did was pay a $100 deductible and they paid for everything.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are one of the few companies that provides coverage for older, high mileage vehicles. we do that by reducing the cost of repairs by 50%. Some companies will pay all but the $100 deductible but only on a very few repairs. Most components would not be covered. So, you have to decide which program works better for you.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I recently got Protect My Car, and I have used it because I got a free oil change. But I’m trying to get the payment in and I told them they can take it out on the 3rd because I forgot to leave money in the bank for them to get it. The person I worked with was wonderful. He was very knowledgeable to talk to and he was really nice. He worked out a good deal for me. I went on and chose Protect My Car because he wouldn’t let me let it go. He made me feel really comfortable with the policy.

We set a date for them to call me the first time because I wanted to make sure I had the money to get it started. So, we set a date for them to get the payment out and we did another phone call to set it up. Everything worked out fine. I’m still getting calls for warranty, but I’m telling them I already got a warranty now. I like the way my warranty is. Everything’s good in my budget. I like the company and I will recommend somebody to choose them.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It is very important to everyone here at Protect My Car that we provide the most professional service possible. We want to end each day knowing we have helped a lot of people with vehicle problems that could have ruined not just their day but their budget for months to come. It means a lot to get comments from our policyholders that let us know we are doing just that.

Original review: April 30, 2020

When I bought my Protect my Car warranty, the transaction went smooth. With my policy, they pay half and I pay half. I filed a claim with them and they changed my oil and fixed the ball joints.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repairs and glad we saved you so much money. That’s what a good policy is supposed to do. We look forward to helping you in the future when you need help. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I was looking for an extended auto warranty just in case my car gets messed up or anything goes wrong with it. I got Protect My Car and the process was great when I had gotten an oil change.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I decided I could use some extra protection and signed up with Protect My Car. The guy came out this past winter and he helped me with the tire and the oil change. It all went great. Having Protect My Car means I get some roadside service if I need it. I’m a little up in age and sometimes it gets a little hard for me to get out there and change tires and do the stuff I used to do 30 years ago.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission in life to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. We are very glad the policy, our staff and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I've heard from several people that I know about CarShield and Protect My Car. I was trying to find a deal with one of those organizations who pay for 100% of the repairs, but I have no problem with paying half of the fee for the fixing my car. That’s one of the reasons why I chose Protect My Car. When I submitted a claim, I went to an auto center and found out that I have to call Protect My Car before I have anyone do any work to the car, and that process was smooth. The repair was done in 2 days and I didn’t have a whole lot of problems with getting the confirmation from Protect My Car or with getting my car repaired. However, Protect My Car could take on a greater part of the bill than half.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much. To answer your question, your coverage plan is an Ambassador Elite plan.

Our Ambassador series of policies was created specifically for vehicle owners whose vehicles do not qualify for standard extended breakdown coverage, either because of excessive age or miles, or because of pre-existing conditions. The Ambassador family of policies is less expensive than a standard extended warranty and therefore appeal to those on a limited budget.

Ambassador policies provide a wide variety of important benefits including free oil changes, free tire rotations and a significant reduction in repair costs, guaranteed 50% reduction of the original estimate of repair costs. They also come with towing, 24 /7 roadside assistance and rental car benefits.

Keeping the repair cost benefit to 50% allows us to make the coverage affordable for folks who need that help. While some plans offer more coverage, that would be at a higher cost. So, we balance cost vs coverage to give each customer the best coverage at the lowest possible cost, even on vehicles that due to age or mileage other companies won't cover.

Original review: April 28, 2020

I have a ‘09 Pontiac G8, which is a relatively older car, and I’m trying to be careful. I bought it pre-used from three states up and I feel like the people weren’t really being straightforward with me. I figured I could have the warranty to help me out. I was with CarShield but Protect My Car came with a cheaper deal. Their reps have been pretty good so far. I’ve been getting calls a lot. I can pay for it but currently I’m not gonna do that because I have my car right now. I call Protect My Car when something goes wrong and that’s not too often. There was an issue that I kind of assumed that Protect My Car would cover but they didn’t. But that was my fault for not reading the fine print.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much.
We do work hard to make sure this protection is affordable for everyone’s budget. It’s all part of not just doing the right thing, but doing things right for each customer.

Original review: April 28, 2020

The way the reps of Protect My Car explained the stuff, it sounded good. I haven't had any problems yet.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. We appreciate them very much. Thank you for joining the Protect My Car family. We are very glad you did.

Original review: April 28, 2020

I thought it was good idea to get protected and I had heard Protect My Car was a pretty good people to be with. When I purchased the coverage, they were very nice and they let me know what was happening. The only thing I had to contact them about was how to get my money in a month. They take it out of my credit card. It was a call of three or four minutes. When I had the free oil change that they gave me, the claim went through real good. I didn’t have any problem at all. I went out to Pep Boys and they took care of it. So far, my experience has been good.

Original review: April 25, 2020

One of my friends told me about Protect My Car. I already had my other two cars on another plan but I wanted to try. I switched my Porsche over to Protect My Car's service to see how they'd work if anything happened to it and so that I didn’t have to pay for this or that. It wasn’t a very good thing. I told them to give me the best plan they could give me because I have a Porsche. They told me everything would be 100% covered, but it wasn’t.

When my high-pressure fuel pump ended up going out, they said that I was gonna have to cover all of the screws, which was $800. After I covered that, something went wrong again about a month ago. The radiator was messed up and leaking. I tried to see where it was coming from. The car has one of those plates and I couldn’t screw it out. So I took a screwdriver, went under the car, and made a hole where I see the leaking from. Protect My Car said that the car mesh was torn and it looked like it hit something. I had to come out $800 to get that fixed. Then, I also had to pay for the radiator. It was around 500, but they covered half and took it to around 200. They couldn't do any of the labor though.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. No company on earth would cover a repair caused by the owner taking a screwdriver and punching holes in the vehicle. In any event, we are glad we could help you as much as we could with that repair.

Original review: April 25, 2020

Submitting a claim to Protect My Car was pretty easy. It was funny ‘cause the mechanic was like, “Oh, no. They’re not gonna pay anything,” and I was like, “Let’s try.” And they did. He talked badly about Protect My Car. He said it would probably be like three weeks. But it was paid right away and he called me that afternoon to say they said yes. I had a really good experience with Protect My Car.

Original review: April 25, 2020

I came back to Protect My Car when they offered to take off some things but they have poor customer service. I used them one time and they took the dealership to hell. They held my car. It was at Christmastime and they wouldn’t give me a rental. I can’t walk. I have difficulty and I just felt that was rude. The dealership told me they were making the price so unbearable that they couldn’t take what they were trying to make them take the price for it. They wanted to go astronomically less, almost free. The manager of the dealership wanted to call me back. It wasn’t their fault, they just can’t take the price that Protect My Car was offering to pay. The people I talked to were so rude, like they were tired of me calling. They put me on excessive holds. The management wouldn’t even do anything. They kept passing me on. It took four days to get my car fixed for one part.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We regret that you felt your needs were not met. So you will know, the coverage reimburses you for rental car expense, but does not (for liability reasons) rent a car for you. If your shop has to charge far more than is normal for a repair, we will be happy to find you a reputable shop in your area that will do good work at a reasonable price. We are glad you got your vehicle fixed at the right cost and that you saved so much money on the repair.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I had a great experience with them. The coverage was explained well enough. I had a claim and it was a lovely experience. I had my radiator replaced. Everything was done between the people that did the work and the claims department.

Original review: April 24, 2020

When I had a problem with my vehicle, I called Protect My Car and they said I have to get it to my mechanic. So I went to my mechanic. After going through the whole thing, I told them I have the insurance with Protect My Car so my mechanic called them. They really spoke with each other and paid that one part. Then I had my own little part that was not covered so I paid it. My car was actually with the shop for over two months. But it had nothing to do with Protect My Car. It had to do with the Mercedes themselves and they gave me their car. I think it went really cool. The people at Protect My Car are very cooperative and understanding.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We have shared those comments with all our departments to let them know how much their efforts are helping our policyholders when they need that help.
Our goal is to give every policy holder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide that.
Thanks once again for those great comments. Remember, we are still here to help again when the need arises.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Original review: April 24, 2020

Protect My Car is something good for a person to have to protect their car, and Protect My Car is what they say it is. They protect your car and run a great service. I was excited when I got them then one time, my car had transmission failure and they did a wonderful job. It took a week because they had to come out there, check something, and then they had to send the part. Still, they rented a car for so many days and I’m very satisfied.

Protect My Car response

We cannot thank you enough for the great comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policyholders good peace of mind. We do work very hard to make sure the policy is affordable, and that policyholders get the kind of help they need when they need help.

Thank you again for your very encouraging comments.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I ran out of warranty so I called Protect My Car. The reps are very professional, they know what they're talking about and they know what I wanted. My cooling had a leak in it so I took it to my dealership where I bought the car and they found that a weld on the radiator was broke. The dealership submitted a claim. I was out on vacation for about a week and when I got back, the car was ready to go. The claims process is good and I'm happy.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I had my vehicle since 2016 and my warranty had run out. And I heard about Protect My Car through my cousin and I decided to join it. And I like it. Their rep was pretty cool. They explained everything and worked it up for the most part. Everything went fine 'cause it was a time when I was trying to call my 401K through my job, and I ended up calling the wrong number, and I ran into one of Protect My Car specialist. And before I could even get off the phone, the guy talked me into getting it even though I had it on my mind to join, but I kept procrastinating. So, I was happy that I dialed the wrong number and that was when I started at that time.

What really had me fully understand the coverage is the email. I always go back to it to see what's covered, just in case something goes wrong. For the most part, it was a decent explanation of what Protect My Car covers. This year, when I barely started driving my car, my alternator had gone out. And then when I got that fixed, I did it through Protect My Car. It was great 'cause the car shop I normally go to told me to give them the number, and then they handled it. I just came and paid the deductible, and I got the car out a few days later.

Original review: April 23, 2020

I had a policy with Protect My Car earlier and I went back to them because they offered more services and had a better price than the other competitor that I looked at. When I had a claim, dealership did everything for me, and I just paid the copay and everything was good. The process was very easy. I’ve been very satisfied with the system all throughout.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those great comments. We appreciate them very much.

Original review: April 23, 2020

Everything has been perfect with Protect My Car. They held up their part of the deal and everything got covered when I needed it. The reps have been good too.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We take pride in exercising good judgment by doing the right thing for each customer.

Original review: April 23, 2020

I didn’t have anything from the dealership, so I wanted to get something just in case anything will go wrong. I heard Protect My Car on the radio and normally when you hear things on the radio, they won’t give you false information so I went with it. I love the service. Everybody was so nice. I had a claim and it was very hassle-free. They didn’t give me any problems. The adjuster came out and they did a phenomenal job. Also, the option of being able to pick your own mechanic was great. It’s a wonderful experience with them.

Protect My Car response
We cannot thank you enough for the great comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind. We do work very hard to make sure the policy is affordable, and that policyholders get the kind of help they need when they need help.

Thank you again for your very encouraging comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do for you.

Original review: April 23, 2020

When I purchased the policy from Protect my Car, the rep worked it out with me and found me the manager’s special. It’s affordable. And they've worked with me ever since I started with it. I've gotten the car fixed once or twice. It’s been pretty all right but I'm looking into taking it back in because my fan sounds loud when I kick it on to heat up the car.

Protect My Car response

Original review: April 22, 2020

Having the extended warranty is very important. It's such less headache. It really helps you out. So far, it's doing great.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those comments. We are very glad you chose Protect My Car. With great rates, towing, maintenance and repairs covered, not to mention rental car reimbursement, it just makes sense to get some protection before you vehicle breaks down and leaves you stranded on the side of road.

Thanks for your comments and for choosing Protect My Car.

Protect My Car Company Information