4.3/5 (668 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Protect My Car

Protect My Car is a premier vehicle service provider that states its goal is to “change the game” with advisors who place the customer first and help minimize uncertainty from unexpected costly repairs. The company states that it aims to provide a hassle-free claims process and ongoing customer service.

Pros

• All services provided by Protect My Car employees
  • Payments starting at $60 a month
  • In-house claims process for smoother experience
  • Free oil changes and tire rotations with all policies

Cons

• Does not cover preexisting conditions
  • Not available in AK, CA, HI, MO, OK or WA

Bottom Line

Protect My Car warranties cover vehicles up to 20 years old with up to 299,999 miles and include flexible payment plans and a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can transfer the policy if you choose to sell your car.

Protect My Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?

Original review: March 22, 2022

The rep I spoke with did a great job. So far, they have replaced a fuel pump for me. That was a $1,200 repair and it cost me 100 bucks. I'm already up. But I've been trying to make a payment now for a couple of days and I can't get through to them on the telephone. I'm trying to change a credit card as they have an old one on file. I was on the line for over 45 minutes both times.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 4-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We understand your frustrations and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We are aware that our call volume can sometimes exceed expectations, so we have incorporated many changes to manage our call hold times. There are instances, however, that we get a higher-than-normal call queue, and it can take longer than planned for a call to be answered. We will continue to work diligently to decrease the hold times. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: March 21, 2022

I had a repair five months ago with a compressor for my air conditioner. I paid my deductible and gave the dealership my card. They proceeded with the labor and the work. Within a couple of days I had my car. And everything was fine.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments and the 5-Stars. We are very pleased to have helped you with your past repairs and your budget. That's what a good policy is supposed to do. We look forward to assisting you again in the future when you need help. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: March 20, 2022

I like Protect My Car. If something did happen to my car, I want that to be covered and mainly, I'm satisfied with what I got.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: March 20, 2022

I love Protect My Car. They've been really good to me and they're so nice. The coverage saves me money. It's the assurance of knowing that if I break down and it's something that's covered, they're gonna take care of it. For the first two years of having the warranty, they fixed things that they weren't responsible for. Also, I get oil changes, pay, and then they refund me later. It's a check that comes in the mail and it's great. I tell all my friends to get Protect My Car. I got warranties pushed on me through the dealership and I said, "No, I have Protect My Car, I don't need one."

Original review: March 19, 2022

The reps when I was setting up the package were very friendly, inviting, and had a lot of information. All the questions that I asked back then, I don't remember them not answering them. I've done a couple of claims with Protect My Car. The most recent has been within the past week. I initially went to the dealership service center and I asked them if they would be able to look at my vehicle. I called over the phone to set up an appointment, and they told me Friday. When I took the vehicle up there and told them who was going to take care of it, they said that they don't work with them. They told me a couple of reasons why. I called Protect My Car and asked them who they work with. They then gave me a mechanic that was here in Greensboro. I immediately called them to verify, then I had an appointment that was set up for this past Monday.

My experience was a little bumpy because initially, from all the way back when I first heard the commercials, the commercials were telling me, "Hey, if you do this, it's silver and gold. It's luxury." And then you go through and pay then whenever you need them, it's like, "Oh, well, these things aren't covered. And this company isn't participating." What you think that you're getting, it isn't what you get, and I've had to more or less experience that myself as opposed to hearing someone that has gone through it. As I have had issues, Protect My Car has answered the phone and my questions. They've done what needed to be done for me to be satiated. However, they apologize for after the fact as opposed to doing what it took for it not to get that far.

I would really tell people to do their research, and after they do, they should do some more. Before I tell them anything, I would let them know that I have Protect My Car. If they ask me what were my experiences, I would tell them. I would let them know some very pertinent questions to ask, and if the questions that they ask, if what they offer benefits their lifestyle, then I would tell them, "Go ahead." But if what they're looking for and what this company offers, and any company for that matter, if it doesn't give it to them, they don't need to put a penny in lieu of that company because that would be a penny lost.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Protect My Car. We understand it is frustrating when everything is not covered as expected and apologize for that inconvenience. However, our policies are intended to help customers with mechanical breakdowns, which are almost always unexpected and very costly. The items needing replacement on your vehicle are considered routine maintenance or wear and tear, which can be scheduled and planned for financially. Vehicle breakdown policies do not cover the cost of maintenance and wear and tear items to help keep the policy cost down and assist more with unexpected breakdowns. Adding these services to a policy would make the policy's monthly cost too expensive for most people, especially those on a budget. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: March 19, 2022

I took my car in when I got an oil change and Protect My Car paid for it. I love that part. The dealership told me I have a loose sway bar and I asked Protect My Car if it's not clearly broken but the dealership said I will have to change it, would that be something they would cover. The rep went back and talked to her manager. They said that unless it's broken, then it won’t be covered. They were helpful but I don't want to wait until something breaks off. I’d rather take care of it before it ever happens.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Protect My Car. We understand it is frustrating when everything is not covered as expected and apologize for that inconvenience. However, our policies are intended to help customers with mechanical breakdowns, which are almost always unexpected and very costly. There are instances that allow our claims department to approve a claim, but without an actual claim called in, there is no way to determine if the needed repairs are able to be covered. Please have your shop contact PMC Claims and even if the repair is not fully covered, we may be able to help with the overall cost of your repair needs. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: March 18, 2022

When I called Protect My Car about getting my shocks done, they let me know I had to wait, and they didn’t do the shocks. So, I went ahead and had the shocks done then in the following month, the people told me that my steer column started trembling. When I took it to the mechanic at first, he said that I needed a CV joint. We started calling Protect My Car, and it took me two days of hell whether or not they were going to approve for me to get it done.

I went back and got my mechanic audit the auto places that I done been since I had the car and the different things that they had said of what was wrong with my car, but the warranty company kept trying to say that it was preexisting. I said, "It’s not preexisting. It just started trembling like that". They denied me and I had to pay for it to get it done because I can’t drive unsafe with my grandkids. Protect My Car should give me my money back because they’re supposed to have fixed my car. I'm very dissatisfied. Anybody got no reason to be going through all the hell they put me through.

I’m an old woman, and I know there are agencies that you can call to get help. I called the Better Business Bureau to see if they could help me with this situation ’cause I had no idea which way to go or what to do about it. I can’t afford a lawyer right now, but I’m trying to get some help. If I gotta get a lawyer, his bill will be on them too. Protect My Car advertises that they'll fix certain things. I checked, and they said they do fix it then they turned around and told me they weren't gonna fix it. They’ve done a breach of contract.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your feedback. A thorough review of your account has been completed and we responded to your BBB complaint, in detail, on 3/28/2022 if you would like more information regarding your concerns.

Original review: March 18, 2022

Protect My Car didn't tell me what coverage I was getting and was not able to help me in a number of cases. My windshield had a leak but they told me it wasn't covered. The tailgate got a motor in it but it wasn't covered too. When I had my oil change done, I didn't have any issues with it but with what I'm paying Protect My Car, I could have gotten my own oil changed and my tailgate would have gotten covered. When Protect My Car sets up people a policy, they also should let them know what's not covered and what is covered by it.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Protect My Car. We understand it is frustrating when everything is not covered as expected and apologize for that inconvenience. A specialist reached out to you but was only able to leave a voicemail message. Also, there is a list of covered components on pages 11 and 12 of your policy booklet. Pages 13 through 15 review the exclusions of your policy, including what is explicitly not covered under your plan. We are glad you are with us and will work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call Customer Loyalty anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: March 17, 2022

I had an oil change, and Protect My Car took care of that. The customer service team was great, and the claims process went wonderful.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 4-Star Review and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us, and we will continue to work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations. Please feel free to give our Customer Loyalty Department a call to provide additional feedback on how we could have earned that 5th star. Thank you for being a Protect My Car valued customer.

Original review: March 17, 2022

I like Protect My Car. I got my second oil change for free and my tire rotated. Their customer service reps were good. I had called and told them that I will not be able to afford Protect My Car right now because I'm in a bind. I told them that when I got to get myself out of this bind, I’d get them back because I want their service.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are delighted that our agents have provided you with outstanding customer experiences and that you spoke with an agent after you submitted your review. Having a knowledgeable and professional agent who truly cares about your situation and gives you the help you need provides customers with good peace of mind, which is one of our most important goals. We are thrilled you have decided to continue your coverage and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: March 16, 2022

I’ve done oil changes and repairs. A catalytic converter needed to get changed. I also got some sensors changed out. I just brought the car into the shop, told them I had Protect My Car, and they did the oil change. Protect My Car is a good company and they look out for you.

Original review: March 16, 2022

I needed the service and everything that Protect My Car told me sounded good, but I canceled them because they weren't helping me on what they said they were gonna help me with. They didn’t refund my money back. The car messed up and they said they were gonna do 50%. They were just giving us the runaround. They should be truthful to what they stand for and stand on what they say.

Protect My Car response

Protect My Car management team takes all such statements seriously and completed a thorough review of your account. We apologize for any inconvenience, but the invoice that we received was not able to be verified for the repairs you were attempting to get reimbursement for. If you would like more information, please don't hesitate to contact Customer Loyalty. We regret that we could not keep you as a valued customer.

Original review: March 15, 2022

You can get a warranty from a lot of these people, but when you got a problem, they're not going to help you unless your car is pretty new. If you got an old car, Protect My Car will definitely take you on. They'll pay half and you pay the other half, which is better than paying the whole thing. I had an oil change recently and that went smooth.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments and for choosing Protect My Car. As you said, most older, high-mileage cars simply do not qualify for any coverage with most companies. Obviously, those are the vehicles that are most likely to suffer a mechanical breakdown, and that is why we offer our Ambassador plans. We are glad you are with us, and we will continue to work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations. Please feel free to give our Customer Loyalty Department a call to provide additional feedback on how we could have earned that 5th star. Thank you for being a Protect My Car valued customer

Original review: March 15, 2022

Apparently, I'm supposed to be grandfathered in to where I receive paper statements. Because they went straight to just paying online without a reminder of a physical statement that my payment is due. I asked a couple of months back as well, and I would call into where their automated system told me that my payment is past due. And when I signed up, I told them I would like it later. But that wasn't doable.

So, I end up having to pay it a little later, but not because I don't know I have a payment. It's just I don't get a statement. And I am one that has to look at all my statements. I sit down and pay them all off at the same time when I get paid. So, I did request it. They saw it somewhere in there that I was grandfathered in, that I can receive paper statements, and they were going to activate it. I am yet to receive them. So, I’m not happy about that. It would be nice to have a little more detail of what little things that I might be missing that I could be taking it in for that is covered. Most people who are really good with it would understand it more. But I don’t know what portion is or isn’t. I always have to ask.

Other than that, I enjoyed the free oil changes. That part was different from my other warranty. So when I told somebody else about it, they couldn't believe it. Even places where I've taken the vehicle to, and I tell them, “Can you authorize with the insurance because I can get a free oil change?” They're puzzled. “Just give them a call.” I usually take the cars to one or two places only, the actual dealership or an automotive place. They have my information now. It's easy now because I just let them know I'm utilizing my warranty.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. Our apologies for the inconvenience with your invoices and covered components list. A specialist reached out but was not able to contact you, so please call Customer Loyalty for further assistance. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Resolution response: March 15, 2022

***UPDATE: Today - Tuesday, March 15, at about 2:00 p.m., I FINALLY received word that they are in fact going to cover the needed repairs 100%. So I give them credit for honoring the warranty I paid for. In fact, this repair alone costs more than what I will have paid for the warranty. So upping the review to three stars.

All that said, I stand by most of what I wrote in my initial review. There is no excuse in my opinion for this process to have taken nine days (seven business days), just to get to the point where the shop is now ready to order the needed parts for the repair. Between the time Protect My Car spent dragging their feet, the time it will take for the parts to arrive, and the time it will actually take for the repair (which is substantial), I will have been without my car for well over two full weeks. I don't care HOW much money I'm saving, being without a car for that length of time is unacceptable. The purpose of a warranty is to ensure that this exact situation doesn't happen. I feel that Protect My Car needs to take a serious look at their policies/procedures/whatever, and find a way to get this done quicker - no matter how much the repair may cost, it is unacceptable (and ridiculous) that it takes nine days just to get a warranty claim approved.

Original review: March 14, 2022

Updated on 05/11/2022: Following up on my previous review of this company. I had a repair claim through Protect My Car. It was well over three weeks from the time I took the car in until the time I got it back (see my previous review for those comments). This review is regarding their rental reimbursement. First, people need to be aware of the drastic limitations of their rental car coverage:

1. It only begins after PMC has APPROVED the repair. In my case, that process alone took nine full days, during which time I either had to get a rental, or be without a car. There is NO coverage during this period.
2. It only covers $30 per day. In my case, the lowest cost I could find was approximately $450/wk - approximately $65/day. So my cost was more than twice what they offer as reimbursement.

3. It only covers for 7 days. In my case, from the time they approved the claim, the car was STILL down for almost two full weeks. So I had another full week of paying out of my own pocket for a rental car.

So ok. Fine. I'm due a check for $210 (after having paid well over $900 for rental cars). And now, here we go again with Protect My Car's slow customer service: I submitted my documentation on May 31. On APRIL 27 (almost a full month), I finally receive an e-mail indicating "We have processed your reimbursement requests, and a check for $210.00 will be mailed to the address on file." It is now May 11. I just called them - the representative indicated that they STILL have not mailed the check, nor can they give me a time frame when they will do so.

I wouldn't even say people shouldn't use PMC. The coverage, if you have a catastrophic failure (like my car did) can save you thousands. But people need to be aware of the significant limitations of their rental reimbursement coverage, as well as the fact that they are painfully slow in everything they do. My prior review covered their slowness in getting my car repaired; this review is to inform people that even a simple reimbursement check for rental car coverage which I am CLEARLY entitled to takes well over a month for processing.

Original Review: I purchased a Protect My Car policy in November of 2019, on my 2016 Nissan Rogue with (at the time) approximately 93,000 miles on it. Warranty coverage was to be for 100,000 miles (up to 193,000). I've paid $93 per month. On March 7 at 7:00 a.m., I took my car to a mechanic recommended by the warranty company, hearing a grinding noise. At about 11 a.m., I learned that the transmission was bad; they recommended a full replacement. I feel that since that time, Protect My Car has taken every opportunity to drag their feet and delay this process as much as possible. Frankly, I think their ultimate goal is to drag it out until I'm sick of waiting and I just pick up my car and say forget it. Here's what has happened so far:

Monday, March 7 - 11:00 a.m.: Mechanic notified me of the problem. He indicated that they had to wait for an inspection by Protect My Car before they would determine coverage. Tuesday, March 8 - 9:00 a.m.: I called PMC, who informed me that it would take 24-48 hours from when the claim was initially filed for an inspector to arrive. They also indicated I would be receiving an e-mail as to further instructions. Later that day: I called back to inform them I had never received the e-mail, and asked what I needed to do. They informed me to send my maintenance/repair records to an e-mail address. I did so immediately.

Wednesday, March 9 - 9:00 am: I had not received any contact indicating that my e-mail had been received, and had heard nothing else, so I called to check the status. They informed me that my e-mail had been received, but the inspector still had not been at the shop. Wednesday, March 9 - 12:58 pm: Mechanic notified me that the inspector had finally arrived. I called PMC, who indicated that it should take 24 hours for the inspection report to be filed with their company.

Friday, March 11 - approximately noon: After having called several times, they FINALLY indicated that the inspection report had been received. I was informed by the agent that they would immediately notify the adjuster, and that they would be 'getting right on it'. Saturday, March 12 - 1:23 pm: I was informed that the adjuster had reviewed the claim and that now the manager had to review the claim. No decision yet. Monday, March 14 - 2:27 pm: I am sitting here writing this review. STILL no decision.

My car has now been sitting in the shop for a full week. Still no decision from the warranty company. It doesn't seem like it should take this long. Really, seems pretty simple to me: I bought a warranty that covers the transmission. I've done transmission service every 30k as recommended by the Nissan dealer. Through no fault of my own, The transmission has gone south.

Why does it take a full week, with no end in sight, to decide whether this is going to be covered? Makes me think they're just dragging it out, hoping I'll get impatient and say 'forget it'. And other factor: on one of the phone calls, I asked if I could go ahead and authorize repairs to be made, pay for them myself, and then have the warranty company reimburse me. But that wasn't an option either - even though their inspectors have already looked at it, and they have all the information to make a determination of what they're willing to pay, I still have to wait for them to actually make their decision before I do anything. So I'm stuck in limbo, without a car. I either have to have someone drive me to work daily (and be stuck at home the rest of the time), or pay through the nose for a rental. All because they are just taking their sweet old time to make a decision.

Oh, and by the way: they claim their policies cover rental reimbursement. But what they don't tell you when you're signing up is that the rental reimbursement coverage only starts AFTER THEY HAVE APPROVED THE CLAIM. And it's only $30 per day. You try renting a car for $30 - see what happens... VERY frustrated with this whole process. Had I known it would be this difficult, I would not have purchased this warranty.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Protect My Car. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and we apologize for any inconvenience regarding your recent claim. We are glad to have provided you with a positive resolution and will work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments and for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: March 14, 2022

Protect My Car is all right. They're the cheapest. You better get extended coverage if you ain't got it. There's money that you save in your pocket.

Original review: March 14, 2022

The packages were just as they were explained in a little more detail. My car showed that it needed the oil change. Brought it in, and it was done. Prepared my car, took care of it all from A to Z. Things happen. And there's a lot lighter on your pocket with Protect My Car helping you out rather than you taking the full blow.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your wonderful comments and 5-stars! Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is one of our most important goals. We are thrilled to have assisted with your oil change. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: March 13, 2022

Protect My Car pays for the oil change. It was the only thing that I have done with them. As far as now, I like Protect My Car.

Original review: March 13, 2022

Protect My Car has been good to me as far as I've been getting oil changes and tire rotations. But I stopped at a Jiffy Lube one time and they were like, "No, we don't do Protect My Car". So, I went to a mechanic here and have my oil changes done. Sometimes the mechanic says it takes them a little while to get them but Protect My Car actually answers the phone. An extended warranty is really good and I like it. Protect My Car saves money in my pocket. I don't have to worry about really coming out of my pocket right on the spot. Sometimes I don't have the money right there to do all these things.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. We also understand it is frustrating to wait, so we strive to make every transaction hassle-free. But unfortunately, there are times when our call volume is higher than expected, which, in turn, can cause longer wait times. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: March 12, 2022

I like the service with Protect My Car because I like the free oil change every six months and I don't have to come out of my pocket with anything. I got zero deductible. I went to get my oil change a couple of months ago and it cost me $200-something because I have a Mercedes and I paid for it. Then, the next week, I thought, "Hold up, wait a minute. I got a free oil change on my warranty." So, all I did was call the warranty people, sent them the receipt, and they sent me a check.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is one of our most important goals. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: March 12, 2022

My car is a Mercury Grand Marquis, and it's 18 years old. So, I didn't want to get something that will be too expensive. Protect My Car was able to pay half. But it could be more. And the monthly fee was $70. So, I could live with that. I've used the warranty a couple of times. It has been okay.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 4-Star Review and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us, and we will continue to work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations. We have many options available for our customers because we realize that one size does not fit all, and we are always happy to do everything we can to accommodate each customer on an individual basis. If you would like more information about our other plan options, please feel free to give our Customer Loyalty Department a call. We would also appreciate any additional feedback on how we could have earned that 5th star. Thank you for being a Protect My Car valued customer.

Original review: March 11, 2022

Protect My Car is okay. I got my oil changed thru them. I called to pay the policy and was wondering if they fix windows. The dude who I was talking to told me no. I told him I was in an accident. He told me he was going to waive my payment for this month. That was very nice of Protect My Car. I'll keep them.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your wonderful comments and 5-stars! Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is one of our most important goals. We are thrilled to have assisted with your oil change. We know you are going to save a ton of money with this coverage, and if you have any questions about coverage or additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to Customer Loyalty. Thank you for being a Protect My Car valued customer.

Original review: March 11, 2022

Protect My Car was a little more reasonable than the other one. The rep just took my information and said that I could start using it as soon as I sign up. The experience was good. There wasn’t a waiting period if I needed something. My radiator busted, and I had called Protect My Car. And sure enough, I was able to pay my deductible and they were able to help me with the rest.

Original review: March 10, 2022

Protect My Car told me that I need to start using my free oil changes because that saves me a lot of money. And it did make sense, so I did it. And they told me some different places that they use on a regular basis. I took it to Taylor's which was one of the closest places. As far as the trouble of getting it paid, it was good. Protect My Car did their part.

I'm happy with them as far as them trying to get my refund for my oil changes for the place that I’ve been going for the last year, where I’ve been paying out of pocket. Now, they're trying to work with me on that. But the company that I got the oil change with claimed that they don't keep copies of the records. But the lady reached out to them several times and she called me back to let me know they wouldn’t answer the phone. So, I tried. And the same thing, they told me they didn't keep the records.

There were a couple of times I thought Protect My Car was overcharging me because I don't know if the payments were behind or how it goes. For instance, in November, I made two payments. And on the 27th, when I know my payment is due, they called me back saying that I haven't made a payment. But I said, “I’m never behind because they take it out of my bank account. And I pay on a regular time. Where did the other payment go to? Because I made two payments in the same month.” But they made me understand and I paid anyway. And I'm supposed to be caught up and on schedule. Other than that, it has been a good experience.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is one of our most important goals. We stand ready to assist when the need arises. We will never change our willingness to go the extra mile to help you when you need it. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: March 10, 2022

Protect My Car gave me three oil changes a year and roadside assistance. I claimed for a rear seal engine between transmission. Protect My Car told me to just go to the shop and say that I have the warranty and the shop contacted directly to the company and they took care of that. I was very satisfied. The cost was a bit high. However, it was worth it when I did the claim.

Original review: March 9, 2022

When I go get an oil change, there’s only one place that accepts oil change and their line is so long. When I want something done, I want it done. I don’t want to be making an appointment a month in advance. I'm paying for my oil change, which isn't a lot, and I’m paying PMC $98 a month. I'm thinking about dropping them.

Protect My Car response

Protect My Car understands your frustrations and we apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. We have partnerships with many shops in your area and would like to further discuss this matter with you. A specialist reached out but was not able to make contact, so please contact our Customer Loyalty Department and an agent will be more than happy to assist. Thank you for your review.

Original review: March 9, 2022

I've done my own free oil change so far. I forgot to call ahead of time. But I told Protect My Car I did it and emailed the receipt, and they sent in a refund quick enough through mail.

Original review: March 8, 2022

My experience with the rep during signup was good. I was looking for regular car insurance, and I'm good with Protect My Car's coverage. At the moment, it's very valuable. I drive a Volkswagen, and if anything happens, I need to know that I'm not having to pay that big cost.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments and the 5-Stars. Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is one of our most important goals. We stand ready to assist when the need arises. We will never change our willingness to go the extra mile to help you when you need it. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you for being a valued Protect My Car customer.

Original review: March 8, 2022

Protect My Car is top of the line people. They’re great.

Protect My Car response

Original review: March 7, 2022

I used it for an oil change once and everything was smooth. I gave the service place my card and they knew what to do. It was a quick process. Also, PMC is not that expensive.

Protect My Car Company Information