Call toll free
4.05/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Protect My Car provides mechanical breakdown and maintenance coverage for your vehicle by offering both maintenance plans and extended auto warranties. Maintenance plans cover oil changes, tire rotations, and up to 50% off on mechanical repair costs. Extended auto warranty plans cover vehicles up to ten years old or newer that have up to 125,000 miles – keeping your vehicle covered far beyond your manufacturer's warranty plan.

Extended auto warranty plans cover labor and parts cost of your mechanical failures and all repairs are paid with our corporate credit card account, so your only out-of-pocket expense is a $100 deductible. All extended auto warranty plans include 24/7 Roadside Assistance, which can be used for tow services when your vehicle breaks down or runs out of gas. They will also reimburse rental car expenses if the labor time for your repairs takes longer than 4 hours.

Call today for more information on the Ambassador maintenance plans. Claims adjusters help you every step of the way with a hassle-free claims process. Call today for a free, no-obligation quote.

Customers set up their contract using the no-fee payment plan. Small monthly payments can be made for as long as 24 to 42 months, making coverage affordable for everyone. With our no-fee payment plan, the cost for coverage is less than $2 per day.

Call today and activate your policy with as little as $99 down. All customers have a full 30-day money back guarantee.

Protect My Car LLC Video
ABBB Rating
View More View More

Protect My Car Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

I signed up for Protect My Car's services in case my car breaks. Also, some of the different auto warranty companies were too expensive. The reps at Protect My Car were nice. I got an oil change free one time and it was the mechanic that filed the claim for it. I’m paying a fair price for my warranty right now.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It is very important to everyone here at Protect My Car that we provide the most professional service possible. We want to end each day knowing we have helped a lot of people with vehicle problems that could have ruined not just their day but their budget for months to come. It means a lot to get comments from our policyholders that let us know we are doing just that.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

The people at Protect My Car were helpful. They helped me out when I needed it. I got a warranty in case something happens to my car, and I went with them because they were cheaper than other providers. I could afford what they were asking. Their reps were nice and kind to me. Then when my car battery ran down, they took the information and sent someone over there to help me. The claim process then went fine and took me at least 45 minutes.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We do work hard to make sure your experience with Protect My Car is a positive one and that the whole process, from choosing the right coverage, to making sure it is comfortable on your budget, to fast and efficient claims service, towing and rental car benefits, gives you great peace of mind.
Thank you, too, for referring folks to us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you.

Thank you once again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything else we can do for you.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

At first, I didn’t understand everything that Protect My Car took care of. They didn’t tell me all the information on the first call. But when I called again to make sure what do they do fix, they broke down everything. And I like it. I've had the warranty for six months. So far they provided tune-ups. I file my claim through the mechanic because they could talk to them directly. But it’s not every month that I have to get this car worked on. They gave me something for the month of August, that I didn’t have to pay them. If I don’t have another going wrong with the car, they shouldn’t let me pay for the month of August.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We know that one size does not fit all, and we are always happy to do everything we can to accommodate each customer on an individual basis.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

28 messages after I said no thank you to the first 1. I assume these are the guys constantly calling my phone as well. Will never do business with this company. I already get enough spam! Stop messaging me! I said no thank you repeatedly. You've earned this review!

Protect My Car response

It is really unfortunate that you are having so many spam emails. So you'll know, your contact information was never in our system and emails were not sent out to you from our company. As you should be aware, any individual who wants to stop receiving emails should simply use the unsubscribe button. There really is no reason to suffer from so many unwanted emails as you indicated you received. Legitimate companies, like ours, will not do that to you or anyone else.

Our system, for instance, is automated and is inspected, tested and monitored regularly. We will send three emails at most to any given individual, and no more. Should someone choose to unsubscribe, the system automatically removes that person from receiving emails. We do respect our customers and others we contact. Frankly, we don't like spam any more than anyone else.

You will not be receiving any emails from our company. We have added your contact information to our internal Do Not Call or Email list and will keep your comments as a permanent record. Needless to say, we feel you deserve no less.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I was googling and I saw auto warranties. I thought it would be a good idea to have. One thing went down on my car and I fixed it, and I figured there was more to come so, I signed up for it. The rep from Protect My Car did a good job. The transmission in my Dodge Charger was messed up and when I filed a claim for that, it cost a couple of thousands of dollars. Protect My Car paid half. Everything has been good so far and I recommended them to a couple of people.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind.

Great point, too. You never really know when a major breakdown will happen. It just makes sense to protect yourself before it does.

Thank you, too, for referring folks to us. It's the best way of attracting new customers who want to save money on vehicle repairs and we appreciate those recommendations very much.

Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do for you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car LLC?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Protect My Car called my phone twice in one day, seeking to telemarket a car warranty to me. They have violated both federal and state law by doing so, yet refuse to even discuss the matter with me. I wonder if they are aware that illegal telemarketing is a criminal offence in the state of Florida?

Protect My Car response

While Protect My Car disagrees with this complainant, it does not respond to potential or pending legal matters via online message boards. This consumer's complaint will be handled in the appropriate forum at the appropriate time.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

My car has over 140,000 miles and I didn’t have any warranty. I know how expensive it is if something breaks down. Protect My Car offered me three free oil changes which is a little more than other warranty providers gave. I went with them and the reps whom I worked with were specific with the things I was covered under. They did a good job explaining everything. The rep assured me that if I had any questions, Protect My Car would be there. I had a very good experience with them.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your review and for choosing Protect My Car to help you protect your car and your budget. We appreciate that very much and we know you'll save a ton of money with this coverage.

We are one of the few companies that welcomes folks who have older, higher mileage vehicles. Those are not only more prone to breakdowns (which is why most companies reject them) but can be very expensive to repair. That's why this coverage is so important.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car to help you. We appreciate your business.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

The insurance I had wasn't efficient enough, and Protect My Car covered everything else that I didn't have. When my car shut off twice on the highway, both happening within a week, they got me a tow truck and got the car fixed. However, I had to pay half price the first time. The second time, I paid the whole thing. They were dealing with Pep Boys, the people I took it to, and they didn’t tell me what was wrong with it. They just fixed it. Nonetheless, I've recommended a lot of people to them.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your choosing Protect My Car to help you with your repairs. As we understand the estimate from your shop, your ignition module needed to be reset. We were happy to pay for the tow and help with the mechanical repairs you needed. Your coverage guarantees a savings of at least 50% on mechanical repairs and pays for recommended oil changes, tire rotations, towing and roadside assistance, as well as other benefits.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

When I signed up with Protect My Car it was still different. It's like they cover 50% of whatever mechanical issue that happens on your car. I filed a claim about three times. Some of them are successful and some are not. When I was signing up, I didn't know or I was not told that there were some certain things that Protect My Car would not cover. So, if I knew that, I may not have signed up. Because most of what the warranty that I've seen so far, cover almost everything. But Protect My Car do not. Basically, they cover mostly anything that has to do with the engine.

Anytime I check in my car, I give the mechanic my number and the name on the claim number. And they are the ones who mostly do the claim. I filed a claim for my BMW, which I actually sold. So, I'm just looking to call to inform Protect My Car that I sold the car. I filed a claim for something that was coming from the engine, so there was a lot of change. The other things will be changed -- ignition coil, the iDrive controller and some other stuff. It took me too long. It was almost about 10 days to get them to cover some certain things. Some of them were eventually covered with proactiveness. And then recently, when the car was having a water pump issue, they provided that also.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. Please don't hesitate to call us if you have any questions about your coverage. That is what we are here for. Basically, the coverage assists with mechanical breakdowns, not wear and tear items, like replacing tires, wipers or light bulbs. Those are things you can plan for. Breakdowns are almost always unexpected and can cause the most problems with your budget. That is when Protect My Car steps in to reduce those costs by half, as well as provide towing and help with a rental car expense.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car and thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I've been a member of Protect My Car for five months now and so far, my experience with them has been good. They say like any breakage, I just have to pay $100 for the fee deductible, and everything will be covered. And I have an oil change three times a year. They gave me a good offer and others were too expensive for me. And this was like $60 a month. It sounded like it was a really good deal than other protection companies. My experience with their rep was really good as well. He was really helpful.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those great comments. We appreciate them very much.
Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I had a service contract for my vehicle before and it expired. I got another with Protect My Car and so far, they're good. I filed a claim one time when my tire blew out. The valve on it was broken and air wasn’t keeping in the tire. I submitted the claim over the phone and the rep I spoke with was good. At the time, I also got an oil change.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for those comments. That is exactly that we like to hear. In fact, giving our customers great peace of mind is our number one goal around here. Thank you very much for letting us know we are meeting that goal and thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

When I purchased my Protect My Car warranty, we had a few issues with getting me my documents. The guy sent it online but I had a problem getting it. So, he sent it in the mail like I requested. And then, they provided me with the numbers that I needed at the time. At first, I thought of cancelling, because I called them when I went to a particular place, and the guy I spoke to wasn’t very helpful. He said they gotta talk to the service people and not me. I told him I was at the place and asked if he wanted to talk to them. But then he said the service people need to call Protect My Car. He was very rude the first time. But the rest of the time, I just let the companies, wherever I went, to call them.

It's not really clear what Protect My Car covers and what they don’t. Every time I take my vehicle for service, I just let them cover it. Now, one of the providers really doesn't wanna accept it because of what they go through to get an approval. The guy didn't wanna deal with them. It took a long time for them to answer him on the phone. He had to wait. And you could imagine service personnel, they’re really trying to get them cars out of there. They don't have time to hold on to them long.

The place that I got my brakes at, they were looking to see about our axle, and in order to get the approval, they had to deal with Protect My Car more than once because it's the first time I was gonna do that for the axle. So, I needed to go back, check and see what was going on with that. And then, I went back there with another more pressing issue. They called and they spoke to two different people at the same company. Both of them did not want to deal with the warranty company. But the last place I went to, they were used to dealing with those types of companies, so it didn’t bother them as much. They just dealt with them and told me the price.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We apologize if the agent you spoke with was abrupt. Our agents need to speak with the shop personnel to save time for you, our customer. We need the details on the repairs the shop recommends to be able to save you as much as possible (with a minimum guarantee of 50%)

We do appreciate your choosing Protect My Car and know you will save a lot of money with this program.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

When I bought a used Kia, I submitted for information and I received a solicited call from Protect My Car. After getting their call, I did my best to get my best deal and it worked, and I put them to the test. They were simple and honest. What they told me that I was getting was the service and policy that I got and I was very impressed with them. Even the service department where I took the vehicle in said that Protect My Car was so easy to work with. They were quite surprised at how simple and efficient their team was in making payments and approving. So, I’m very pleased.

I already knew I had a claim that I wanted to file. So, I asked them specifically and directly when the policy was going to take effect and how long I have to review it to make sure that they are going to provide service if I need it. They said it would be in effect within 15 days and I would have 30 days to review it. So, day 16 I was in for service and they ended up paying out over $1,500, and I had only paid in one month of premium. So, they have honored their deal. I was absolutely satisfied with my experience with Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for providing your experience with Protect My Car. We appreciate that very much. We know you will find us attentive to your needs and the coverage will save you a terrific amount of money. That is what good coverage is supposed to do.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car to protect your vehicle and your budget.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I had an older vehicle and I know I will need a maintenance request eventually, and Protect My Car was the cheapest and the best for me financially. The interaction with the rep was good and he sold me on the warranty. He hasn't steered me in the wrong direction so, it has been pretty good. I filed a claim for a compressor issue for the air conditioner and the process took a little bit of time but they were able to work. I paid only half the cost, which was good and it's what I usually do. It just depends on what kind of maintenance it needs. Overall, it was a very good job from Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response
Thanks for those comments. We appreciate your taking your time to provide them. You are right, too. When that first big expensive repair happens and Protect My Car takes care of it for you that is when you know you made a wise choice to protect yourself and your budget. That is what gives you good peace of mind.

Thank you again for those very encouraging comments.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

At first, I was promised by Protect My Car that they would cover things and that I would pay nothing but the down payment. Then, I realized that I didn’t need it. I have paid repairs on my own without me having to even reach out to them, so I didn’t think that was convenient for me at the moment with payments. I didn’t like the way it worked out and it was not worth it. I haven't cancelled yet, but I didn't make the last payment and they called me back and said that I missed the payment. Basically, they're gonna cancel me on their own. Still, I’m satisfied with Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your honest appraisal. Protect My Car is not for everyone, and we do appreciate your trying out the program. Best of luck to you in the future and if we can help you down the road, just let us know.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

My warranty on my car went out and I was looking for insurance. I was looking under my AARP and Protect My Car was offered under that. The sales representative was very nice and very knowledgeable. However, I didn’t have a very good experience with the other reps. My car quit in the middle of the highway and it started up long enough for me to make it to the Nissan dealer. I tried to get Protect My Car on the line and the Nissan person said, “Well, I can get them on your phone because I gotta wait on other customers.” It wasn’t a real good experience because she was like, “Well, you should have called us.” It was a long process I had to go through. It took I don’t know how long to get a reimbursement.

But once I got another representative on the phone, she was 100% helpful, excellent and very nice. She called back, made sure that I understood what the process was. I told her how many times I sent the email out and she told me to send her that. She walked me through everything and said, “Just expect our reimbursement.”

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. We do thank you for choosing Protect My car and we know you will save a ton of money with this coverage.

Thank you again for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Before purchasing a warranty with this company ensure that you understand their exclusion policy regarding fluids. Should you need a repair that requires the replacement of any needed fluid for completion of said repair be aware that per the exclusion portion of your coverage you are responsible for the cost. Your deductible plus these additional cost, shop fees and and any applicable item in which the company does not want to cover. My radiator needed to be replaced due to a leak in the top right corner, I was responsible for the fluids that had to be put back in to complete the repair. So, just be careful and read before your placed in a situation to have to cover the addition cost of fluids.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. That is very good advice. It is always important to know what your policy covers, and what it does not. Your coverage booklet explains the coverage in easy to understand terms and we recommend reading it. You can always call us if you have any questions, of course.
In your specific case, the coverage was for the repair of the radiator, not for fluid replacement. While the fluid replacement did cost you a little more, the coverage did save you over $500 on just that one repair. Without the coverage you would have paid for the fluid replacement and the $500 repair cost. We are glad the coverage worked for you exactly as described in the coverage booklet and as promised by our agents.

Should you ever have any questions about your coverage, though, please call.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I needed protection on my truck and Protect My Car's price was reasonable. I used a different company before for another vehicle I had, but I got shafted so I dropped them. With Protect My Car, I'm very satisfied. During the purchase process, their reps asked me a lot of questions about my vehicle and everything worked out. They were very polite and we were able to do business. When I talked to them, it was on the money. They were great. Their customer service called me last week about my payment being late. I told them why and they were very understanding. As soon as I could find a certified dealer that will fix the part that I need, then I can go ahead and go forward with it.

I’m happy with my claim experience too. They did a great job. I did my part and Protect My Car did theirs. I was in and out. The process and fix were done on the same day. I practically got a new truck. My truck is a 2001 and after I got through, it is now a 2014. They replaced the tire rods and did the water pump. They did a lot of stuff to my truck. I have recommended Protect My Car to some friends of mine.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those comments. One thing we are very proud of is how our agents put themselves in their customers shoes to provide needed help. It really makes a difference when you get personalized help from a knowledgeable staff. If you are having a problem finding a licensed repair shop, give our claims administrator a call. They can help with that as well. We'll let them know you are looking for that kind of help and have someone give you a call.

Thanks again or your comments and the rating. We appreciate it very much.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

My car is a ’98 and most companies won’t give a warranty on a car that old. So, I thought I would try Protect My Car and see how they were. My experience with their rep was very good and they gave me free oil changes right away. I submitted a claim and it took a little time, but it was okay. They covered it. I took the vehicle in for a repair. They said okay on the work that he did. Then he called them back because he found some other issues, and they said okay. So, they paid it.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments and the rating. We really appreciate them. We do work hard to make sure that with one phone call you can get towed in, activate rental car benefits and get fast, efficient claims service, all with low monthly premiums tailored to fit your budget. That’s what we call good peace of mind. We are very happy that our company, staff and coverage has given you that. Best of all, we will be here to assist you when you next need help with your vehicle. Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Ok so long story short if you miss even one payment with them they drop you instantly. Lost my debit card, ordered a new one, forgot to update payment information BUT was still receiving reward points on my account even after the fact. Was in the process of moving received a bunch of mail yesterday with 1 notice (they claim they sent 3) in regards to my account being past due. It said my account was suspended not cancelled. Called up to make a payment for the amount that was due and was told I couldn't no longer do business with them... Despite me being beyond willing to make the payment they dropped me so I took my business elsewhere for a better rate, same incentives. So thank you PMC for allowing me to take my business elsewhere and save myself over $100+ a year since my bill with this new company is now a little over 10 dollars less than what I was paying with you.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We do appreciate your trying Protect My Car and regret that you were unable to keep up with your payments. Best of luck to you with your subsequent choice. We hope it works out better for you.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I got an extended auto warranty so I could have my mechanical issues fixed in case I had any. Protect My Car had pretty good ratings so I figured they'd be the best bet. The sales reps did pretty good. The only thing is there were a few issues that I wasn’t too particularly happy with. My booster pumps went out in my truck. I took it in and Protect My Car said that I was just under the mileage part to where the contract had basically kicked in, which I understood. So I went on and had to fix it myself.

The booster pumps went back out again and I took the truck back in and Protect My Car said that they would fix it, and then they turned around after the shop had taken everything apart. They said that they didn’t cover it now. They may have decided that they don’t fix not knowing the issues. They re-emailed the policy and they highlighted what was covered and what wasn’t. I told them, “Well, you should have never told me in the beginning that it was covered.” I wish that they would have told me that before I had the shop take the truck apart. If they would have told me they didn’t cover it, I would have never worried about it. And it’s $3,500 to fix it and I still haven't got it fixed. I would rather have them be more explanatory on the things that they cover and don’t cover. If they’re not gonna cover some, they don’t need to tell me that they are, and then turn around and don’t cover it. I wouldn’t recommend them to nobody.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the comments. It is nice to be able to finish the story you started. That repair was done in March, before you completed the 30 day waiting period. That waiting period, by the way, is simply because the coverage does not cover pre-existing conditions.

In June, you had to take the vehicle back in for basically the same repair. Although the shop you chose gave you a 90 day warranty on the repair, that warranty was no longer effective. So this coverage paid all but your $100 deductible on the repair the second time around. That means that after having the coverage for seven months, you have already saved more (on just this one repair!!) than the coverage has cost you. Not bad! That's how you can tell you made the right choice to protect yourself and your budget with Protect My Car.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

My vehicle is an older model that doesn’t have the warranty on it anymore. I wanted to make sure my maintenance would be covered and I happened to come across Protect My Car. They offered a good service and I took it. Getting everything set up was very easy. Last month, I filed a claim for an oil change. I’ve also had a few services performed with them. Filing the claims was very easy. I took the vehicle to the mechanic that I chose and they handled things from there. All I had to do was make sure I send over the signed receipts and everything was taken care of. Plus, they pay the amount that you’re expecting each time. I’m quite satisfied.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for those comments. We really appreciate them. We do work hard to make sure that with one phone call you can get towed in, activate rental car benefits and get fast, efficient claims service, all with low monthly premiums tailored to fit your budget. That’s what we call good peace of mind. We are very happy that our company, staff and coverage has given you that. Best of all, we will be here to assist you when you next need help with your vehicle.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

When a friend recommended that I buy a service contract, I thought maybe I needed it. I did my research beforehand and I already knew some of the stuff the Protect My Car rep was talking about. I just wanted to know if there was anything else they provided. And they did provide a few other things more than what the other one did, which was my main concern. The rep explained everything well and it was a great experience. I used to have CarShield and Protect My Car is 100 times better. I’m very satisfied.

Protect My Car response

Welcome to the Protect My Car family. We are glad to have you.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I had a good experience with the Protect My Car rep I spoke with. They seemed like they knew what they were talking about and they were reliable. The explanation was great and when I submitted a claim, I just sent the paperwork, gave it to my mechanic and the approval took about a day. It was good.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those great comments. We appreciate them very much.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Protect My Car helps with pre-existing so I signed up with them and the representatives have all been extremely kind to me. Purchasing the warranty was pretty straightforward and shortly after I got the policy, I signed up for a claim. I just called the claims department and told them the issue. I did a lot of customization into it so I already had a trusted mechanic and Protect My Car covered it. The warranty is beneficial and I get free oil changes. It’s 76 that comes out monthly and it’s well worth it. I've actually recommended Protect My Car to a couple of friends.

Protect My Car response

Thank you as well for the referrals. We are very proud of the fact that so many of our customers came to us from referrals by their friends and family. That is the highest compliment our customers can pay to us and we appreciate that quite a bit.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

My vehicle got water ingress on the injector and my claim was not paid out properly by Protect My Car. They looked at it and said they would only pay $300, but they didn’t give a reason to BMW that I know of. Protect My Car said they would be paying for certain things and they were not gonna pay for the rest. They should inform me as a customer and say why they’re only paying for that. If I get the reason, then it’ll be nice and I’ll feel better about it because I’ll understand why they only paid 300. Nevertheless, they did pay out and they did respond but I’m gonna have to give it up for now. At the moment, this is just an additional expense that I cannot afford so. Once I start work, I’m gonna sell this car and then buy another one. Then I would look into getting insurance again.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to help you with your questions. Your coverage pays 50% of the invoice cost of the repairs that were ordered by your shop. That's why instead of paying $600, you only had to pay $300. If you had any questions about the cost after speaking to our claims adjuster, we would have been happy to go into more detail. We will have any agent contact you to make sure all of your questions are answered.

Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Protect My Car has very good customer service. I looked at them and another warranty company, and along with the better pricing that Protect My Car offered, they also appeared to be a little bit more patient and friendly. I've had a lot of questions and have gone back-and-forth with them on different things about my policy. They've been very cordial and helpful. They also told me they will stand behind everything they said they would do. My package includes oil changes, which I've done, and they honored that. They gave me a couple of technicians to choose from, and I chose the one that was closest to me. So far, what I've had done has been great. I would recommend.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We take pride in exercising good judgment by doing the right thing, not just doing things right. That means making sure that each customer is treated as an individual with individual needs. It's just the right thing to do.

Thank you once again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any thing else we can do for you.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I have a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle and I purchased the warranty due to high mileage. I purchased it to cover all the electronics in my car. At the time of purchase, my interaction with the rep was nice, smooth and clear. But when I filed a claim, it was difficult and frustrating. I found out parts were not covered and I felt ripped off. They call something a navigation unit and when you use the word navigation, I think GPS. So I thought I didn't need it. It doesn't really matter if the GPS isn't covered. I have GPS. But the navigation unit is actually the center console which handles your air conditioning, your radio and the most important parts of your car. It's your car's computer and that's the part that broke.

They told me that they understand I have an electric vehicle at the time of sale and that the warranty covers all my electrical parts that I need. And it was disappointing to find out that my claim wasn't covered. The only good thing was that they did cover the other part. The value of the repair of the other part was basically the cost that I had incurred up to that point. So it was not as if I had lost money at Protect My Car so I was happy with that. I had also been able to reach the person at Protect My Car very quickly. The people called back and were very responsive.

Everything is working correctly now. Also, they were very concerned about the navigation unit. I spoke to several representatives and explained my frustrations. They said they were going to take off $1,500 off the policy so instead of paying $150 a month, it would come out to around $58 a month. So they tried to make good. For the loss of funds that I had to shell out of pocket, they were going to compensate that way until it came out to the amount that I had spent.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We regret that you felt the coverage was not what you expected. The reason we detail each and every covered part in the coverage booklet is to, hopefully, eliminate any confusion as to what is covered.
We are glad that in order to help you out, we discounted your coverage by $2,000 and deferred you monthly payment to help you with the non-covered component repair. That's what Protect My Car is famous for. We do not simply deny a claim and leave our customers hanging. We help even with those repairs clearly not covered by the terms of the policy.

Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

When the warranty on my vehicle was running out, I felt that I needed coverage. And I'm glad I came into contact with Protect My Car. I had good experience with their rep when I purchased. However, I changed to a different car, and the second experience wasn't as pleasant as the first time. Maybe the person was having a bad day. I thought about canceling, but I didn't. And so far, the warranty has been good. For what I needed it, it has been fine. I go into the dealership and the dealership deals with them about the claims, and then I pay the copay.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It really means a great deal to us when a customer returns for coverage on a replacement vehicle. If our agent was not entirely professional and courteous to you, we apologize. We have a hard and fast rule around here that each and every cusotmer has to be treated with the utmost respect and courtesy.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car (both times). We look forward to helping you when the need arises.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I needed some type of coverage and when I got a call from Protect My Car, it came through as spam and I just answered the phone. I was still at work and I didn't have time to really talk about it when I decided to take the warranty. I came to find out there are better warranties than the one they offered, but I just left it alone. When I had a rack and pinion issue, Protect My Car replaced it. I had to pay my half before they paid their half. It was straightforward and I heard that it’s better coverage. Some companies pay 60, 70, but then, Protect My Car pays 30%. I’m paying $90 a month for something I won't use much and I’ve been doing this for a while now. I don't see my car breaking down, but I don't know when it will and for whatever the case may be, there is a benefit to it.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. There are a lot of choices out there for vehicle protection plans. We appreciate your choosing Protect My Car. Your coverage does reduce your cost on mechanical repairs by 50% as well as paying for oil changes, road side assistance and towing, among other benefits.
One great way to know you have the right coverage is to compare what you pay for the coverage versus what you save with the coverage. On this one repair, you will save almost twice what you have paid in premiums. Most customers find they are saving far, far more in repair amd maintenance costs that the coverage is costing them. That's how you know you have good coverage.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car and thank you again for your comments.

Protect My Car Company Information