4.3/5 (668 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Protect My Car

Protect My Car is a premier vehicle service provider that states its goal is to “change the game” with advisors who place the customer first and help minimize uncertainty from unexpected costly repairs. The company states that it aims to provide a hassle-free claims process and ongoing customer service.

Pros

• All services provided by Protect My Car employees
  • Payments starting at $60 a month
  • In-house claims process for smoother experience
  • Free oil changes and tire rotations with all policies

Cons

• Does not cover preexisting conditions
  • Not available in AK, CA, HI, MO, OK or WA

Bottom Line

Protect My Car warranties cover vehicles up to 20 years old with up to 299,999 miles and include flexible payment plans and a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can transfer the policy if you choose to sell your car.

Protect My Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?

Original review: April 16, 2022

When I called and talked to the people, I was satisfied with the offer that they gave me. As far as what they have done, as far as my car, when I take it to have things done, like my oil change and my tire rotation, everything has been good. They have done what they said they were gonna do.

Original review: April 16, 2022

One of the tow drivers had a wreck and my car slid out while it was on the tow truck. I submitted the information several different times to Protect My Car and talked to different people but no one ever responded back. I've cancelled the subscription. They started out okay but as time went on, they became very lax. They didn't take care of the customer like they promised to. The supervisor tried to talk me out of it. She gave me a good explanation to why I should and should not. She tried to work with me to keep it. But I won't do it because I no longer have that car and no one ever got back with me. It was a mess.

Original review: April 15, 2022

I had the GREATEST experience i've had in years. This young man named Jason ** was sooo patient, understanding, considerate, and empathetic. Jason ** stayed on the phone with me willingly and didn't seem to mind how long it took to resolve the issue I was calling about. Jason ** epitomizes excellence. i'm not quite sure what department in Protect my car company he works in but he definitely could and should be a head of one of PMC departments. Just speaking with Jason ** made me feel listened to and actually made me feel physically better. Yesterday was the 1st day I had the pleasure of speaking with him. I don't know him personally but a lot of people could learn from Jason **. The call took a while and it didn't faze him. He really seemed genuinely interested in helping and resolving my issue.

Thank God PMC has Jason ** employed with them. He took the issue I called about and made sure I was satisfied before we hung up and it didn't matter how long it took. Jason ** didn't rush me. He was very empathic and he actually listened to me. He didn't mind the length of time I was taking to explain, he was genuinely interested and was eager to resolve my call. I can't say enough about the call I had with the AMAZING Jason **. He deserves ALLL the praises and raises. He is DEFINITELY the main reason I had a better day. Thank you for allowing me to give a honest review. After having the call with Jason ** I had more faith that there are still AMAZING kind hearted people in this world who epitomize excellence and won't give up on the call because it was too long.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-Star Review! We are delighted that our claims specialist Jason provided you with an outstanding customer experience. Having a knowledgeable and professional agent who truly cares about your situation and gives you the help you need provides customers with good peace of mind, which is one of our most important goals. Please know that we shared a copy of your 5-Star Review with Jason and his management team, and we're sure they will all be happy to read this. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact Customer Loyalty. Thank you for being a valued Protect My Car customer.

Original review: April 15, 2022

So far, so good. I’ve had an oil change and if I had to pay for it myself, I was reimbursed. Protect My Car is more reasonable. My previous provider didn’t give me free oil change.

Original review: April 15, 2022

When I talked to mechanics, they recommended Protect My Car over CarShield, that it was a better company for paying claims, and that it was an overall better company. CarShield was charging me $120 a month and Protect My Car quoted me $80. So far, I like Protect My Car. I got my oil change done with my dealership. I had to educate my dealership and tell them that Protect My Car was not like other car warranty places, that they give you three oil changes through any dealer. I can use my dealership whereas with CarShield, I could not. I took in my pamphlets and literature that I had on their benefits. They were pleasantly surprised on my local Toyota dealership. They did an oil change, and everything went well.

My current plan is that they fix more parts on my Toyota if they break down, and I only pay 25% of the covered repair. If I pay $80 a month and didn’t use them this quarter, at least I’m getting my oil change done and use their member benefit website for discounts on groceries and restaurants. They have a rewards website and discounts on gift cards. They also have roadside assistance and towing. That $80 go a long way with them. Whereas with CarShield, I was paying $120 but wasn't getting any incentives.

Original review: April 14, 2022

Out of the other companies I called around, Protect My Car seemed like the most decent priced. The customer service guy came off as excited and warm. It didn't sound like some run-of-the-mill or kinda customer service that was rattling off from a list. There were some stuff that they didn't cover but once I asked the questions, they were very knowledgeable with my follow-up. They covered 90% of what I would need to know and with my questions, they covered everything else.

I did an oil change and filed through their process to reclaim the money. When I called in to ask them, the other person I spoke to let me know that they automatically send you gift cards unless you specifically request a check. Since he gave me that information, I made sure to request the check. Within a week, I got the check for the refund for my oil change. It was pretty smooth process.

Original review: April 14, 2022

The reps were thorough and able to answer my questions. So far, Protect My Car has been definitely worth it. I was impressed with the fact that I had multiple things going on with my van and they sent somebody out to look at it while the van was at the shop to make sure that things were legit, that what they were claiming needed to be done had to be done. But there was one situation where they said they wouldn't pay for it. It was highly off-putting and probably my worst experience. They had taken a picture of an area in which they said that it was a preexisting condition which didn't make sense to the dealer, to the person who was fixing the vehicle and to myself. I ended up having to pay for that portion. But Protect My car went ahead and took care of another area so it helped. I've had my car taken care of about five times and it's been decent.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I've had my oil changed thru Protect My Car. The reps knew what they were talking about.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I love Protect My Car. It helps with the oil changes and minor maintenance that I have to do with my car. Their customer service is always exceptional.

Original review: April 12, 2022

They did an outstanding job. Everything I asked them, they gave me a good answer.

Original review: April 12, 2022

Protect My Car is full of crap. When I took my car to go get serviced, they wouldn’t even pay for the diagnostic. They would only pay for a piece that I could pay out of pocket for. They didn't wanna cover what was wrong with it. They said they would send me a check but I never got it. When I called back, they thought I was lying. The rep said they sent it and it was my fault that I didn't get it. There's one phone number and it’s always to that one guy. He’s very rude. He doesn’t explain anything. It was a mess dealing with them. That was the first company I ever have for an extended warranty and I've been so furious.

Original review: April 12, 2022

It's a good thing I can get my oil change with Protect My Car. I have free three oil changes a year. That's been helpful. I have roadside assistance as well. Their customer service is awesome too. They are always quick to answer the questions and get it done. You don't have to wait for anything. The only thing that I may consider is what I pay every month which is $92 but other than that, I would recommend people to Protect My Car. I don't have a deductible.

Original review: April 11, 2022

Protect My Car is a great program. I've enjoyed the service. It hasn't let me down since I've had it. Any time I've had any type of service that it covers, it covered it without a problem. I would send them a picture of the receipt, and they’d send me a check or put it on the card. I would give the business the phone number, they would call Protect, and Protect would let them know if it covered what it was working on. I've had problem with some of the businesses and the last time I called Protect My Car, I had an outstanding customer service person. He sent an an email of people that accept Protect My Car in my area.

Original review: April 11, 2022

The rep was very pleasant. However, I don't like Protect My Car’s roadside service. I had a flat tire and asked to be towed. It was a mile and a half and that was an additional charge of 120 some odd dollars.

Original review: April 10, 2022

So far, the service has been good. But they should break down what they don't cover so I don't think that something's covered and I get my vehicle to the shop and then Protect My Car says, "Oh no, we don’t cover that.” Make sure you have the customer service number and the ID number they give you for your claim. I told the dealer, “I have Protect My Car. So, before you do any work, make sure you call them and see what's covered. And don't do anything until I know it’s under my Protect My Car coverage.”

Other than that, I'm pretty satisfied. I take my car every month for an oil change and rotation of tires that Protect My Car cover. Also, I just did something that I didn’t know they cover. I had towing and I was told it was $200 something, but Protect My Car covered $100 of it, which was good.

Original review: April 10, 2022

At first, I was skeptical because I was paying for it and never had to use it. But I have gotten some free oil changes through them. I asked about a brake servo, brake pad changing, but they said it didn't cover replacement parts like that.

Original review: April 9, 2022

I need a higher package ‘cause the last time I took the vehicle for a repair, there was a lot of stuff that I didn't realize wasn’t covered. I went in for my AC compressor and some other stuff. The major component was covered, but the little fixings that were associated with the major component on it weren't. I ended up having to pay for all those out of pocket. We shouldn’t have had but it’s no fault of the company. If I would've went ahead and dove into my contract a little bit deeper, I would have realized that.

I went back and read parts that are not covered. It was all those little items. Before the major part breaks, little stuff associated with the part is probably gonna break first. I was able to get one thing fixed that was covered which was $400 and all the little stuff that were associated with the major part was $1,500. Having that package that I have didn't help me out. It happened at least two years before I had even done anything with it, outside of getting the oil change that they give me every month. It’s not horrible, but it's a little bit misleading to the untrained eye. Also, I would enjoy it more if Protect My Car had a user-friendly website. They don't have a lot of interactive services that I can utilize.

Original review: April 9, 2022

I had an issue the other day when I was getting the oil change, and everything was pretty efficient. The associate that was helping me was pretty thorough. He was pretty patient with all I had going on. It's been an easy process trying to get everything taken care of.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: April 8, 2022

I like Protect My Car a lot and I already referred somebody to them. It's a good investment. I had a repair on my vehicle and once everything was sealed and done, I walked out of there paying a penny for my services. That was astronomical for me. I've never had an experience like that. I also do free oil change thru them and I enjoy that service. They call me and remind me 'cause I forget. The customer service is great. Even the people that Protect My Car contracts with are great.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Remember that for every referral that uses your name and phone number to sign up, you will receive a $100 referral bonus. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: April 8, 2022

The person who signed me up was extremely nice. But I called Protect My Car again because I was kind of having some second thoughts and the second person that I talked to was extremely nice as well. There was no pressure. They were really rooting for the warranty. They were excellent. When I take my car to the dealership, I ask them to check to see if the warranty is going to cover my services and I leave it. Then the service man calls the warranty company for verification and he's never had any problems. It's normally a quick process.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are delighted that our agents have provided you with outstanding customer experiences. Having a knowledgeable and professional agent who truly cares about your situation and gives you the help you need provides customers with good peace of mind, which is one of our most important goals. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Protect My Car was the cheapest and offered the most. The quality of their service was amazing. When I filed a claim, the dealership took care of it all. The only thing I had to do was send in a receipt for a rental car. The reps were very knowledgeable. When I was signing up, they told me what it all entailed, that it will include three oil changes a year. I feel more secure knowing that I have the insurance.

Original review: April 7, 2022

I did an oil change and I was satisfied with it. But I went through a lot of changes just to get the oil change.

Protect My Car response

We apologize for any delays that you may have experienced and are sorry to hear you were disappointed for any reason, especially an oil change. We understand it is frustrating to wait, so we strive to make every transaction hassle-free. Unfortunately, there are times when our call volume is higher than expected, but we are confident that recently implemented changes will decrease the average hold time for better service. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: March 30, 2022

The rep was helpful. It's nice to have the oil changes covered and if I have any major repairs such as transmission. But there are other things that the warranty really doesn't cover that would be helpful. I had had my car inspected and then there were certain things such as brakes rotors and those sort of things that aren't covered within the package. That had me on the fence with shopping around for another extended warranty that covers those things because there's just still quite a bit of an expense when you don't have it.

I've submitted claims twice so far at the dealership at Malloy Ford. I just handed the card and they made a phone call. Everything that they covered was actually paid for. So far, the customer service has been a pretty good experience.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. We understand your frustrations when maintenance is not covered, but that would increase the overall cost of our policies, and our goal is to help those on a budget. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: March 29, 2022

Protect My Car has been good to me. My most recent claim has something to do with my radiator. I take the car down to INFINITI. My service rep calls the customer service, gives them my contract number, he’ll verify everything, and they’ll approve or deny. I’ve been 100% approved since I’ve been with them. I like that Protect My car does those three free oil changes and tire rotation.

Protect My Car response

Original review: March 28, 2022

I would often use Protect My Car now, because they pay everything. They rotate my tires and do my oil changes.

Protect My Car response

Original review: March 26, 2022

Signing up was fast, and Protect My Car has been great. They helped me with my oil change, and the claims process was simple. I just gave the dealership the card number, and they took care of everything else. So far, it's a peace of mind knowing that if anything major happens, I'm gonna be covered.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your wonderful comments and 5-stars! Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is one of our most important goals. We are thrilled to have assisted with your oil change. We know you are going to save a ton of money with this coverage, and if you have any questions about coverage or additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to Customer Loyalty. Thank you for being a Protect My Car valued customer.

Original review: March 25, 2022

My backseat locks went crazy on me. You press the button to lock them and they'll make funny noises. Sometimes, they'll get stuck and they won’t even open. The repair shop had to get the pieces, and they had my car for less than a week. They gave me a loaner for that week, and they charged Protect My Car. That claim was awesome. The signup process was good too. I called Protect My Car and they asked me the mileage on my car and told me how much I could get from my value on my car and how much I'll be paying monthly. I had one other extended warranty and it expired, and I was paying the same price. Overall, it's been a great experience and I love Protect My Car. For the money that I've used in paying for it, it's worth it. It’s really worth what I bargained for, and I have more people joining.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. We also apologize for the delay in our response. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: March 24, 2022

The coverage was alright in the beginning. When I had some problems with my car the first time, I didn't use the warranty 'cause I wasn't aware of what I would do to use it. The second and third time, I used them, it wasn't covered. When I had an issue with the exhaust thing, that was all right. I took the car in and the guy ran the stuff with a computer, came back, and told me that Protect My Car would pay half of the cost.

Protect My Car response

We understand your frustrations and apologize if you feel any customer or claims experience with Protect My Car was less than stellar. Additionally, we apologize for any misunderstanding regarding what is covered under your policy. If you have any questions or concerns about your coverage, please don’t hesitate to contact Customer Loyalty. We will work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations and appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers.

Original review: March 23, 2022

I signed up for the free oil change. That has been doing me justice so far. When I take my car to the dealership to get the oil changed, I just showed them the card. They call Protect My Car, and my oil changes are free. And every time I call, someone answers the phone. So, I'm happy.

Protect My Car response

Original review: March 22, 2022

I am completely disappointed and honestly pissed with this company…I was out of my car for over a week going back and forth with them about what needed to be fixed on my vehicle and then when it came down to fixing it they came up with every single excuse on why they were not going to fix my vehicle…they are scamming people out their money and not wanting to pay for repairs…I am totally pissed off and I am not happy at all…I will be reporting to the BBB as well. Don’t waste your time with this company!!!

Protect My Car response

Protect My Car takes all such statements seriously, and we are currently conducting a thorough review based on your feedback. We also received your BBB Review and have responded as requested. We apologize if you feel any customer experience with Protect My Car was less than stellar.

Protect My Car Company Information