Accredited Partner

Protect My Car

Protect My Car
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.16/5

Protect My Car is a premier Auto Repair Protection provider. The company's goal is to eliminate the worry of being financially responsible for an expensive mechanical breakdown. With a Protect My Car Vehicle Service Contract or Ambassador Plan, you’re instantly eliminating any concerns about being fully burdened with the cost of a covered repair.

Protect My Car LLC Video
View More View More
Protect My Car Learn More

Protect My Car Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: May 7, 2020

You have to go to some shop, they put the estimate, then they approve it. Then the guy calls me, comes down and fixes it. Sometimes he leaves the car over there to fix it. But I’m gonna be out in couple of months ‘cause I have to buy a new car. I don’t want to put too much money. If it’s a $100 bill, I pay 50, they pay 50. Every month, I pay 137.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We know that one size does not fit all, and we are always happy to do everything we can to accommodate each customer on an individual basis.

Original review: May 7, 2020

The person helping me at Protect My Car was very good. When I filed a claim, the process was okay. Something had happened and the techs had to put a starter or something on the car. They paid for my starter, the oil change and something else. I paid out of pocket for the stuff that wound up being wrong with the car. I paid $3,000 and something. Protect My Car paid seven.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much. Your Ambassador coverage provides a wide variety of important benefits including free oil changes, free tire rotations and a guaranteed 50% reduction of the original estimate of repair costs. They also come with towing,

24 /7 roadside assistance and rental car benefits.

This coverage saved you $7,000 on just that one repair. Your coverage cost to date over the six month coverage period has been less than $350. That's what we call good protection for your budget and great peace of mind.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car and thank you again for your comments.

Original review: May 6, 2020

My son had good results with Protect My Car so I got my warranty from them as well. I had a little problem on the signing up. I had the wrong coverage so I called them back right away and then they switched me over. It went okay after that. The reps were cooperative.They have done the oil changes. So I call them and then the garage or whoever I take it to just call them.

Protect My Car response

Thank you once again for providing your experience with Protect My Car. We appreciate that very much We know you will find us attentive to your needs and the coverage will save you a terrific amount of money. That is what good coverage is supposed to do.

Thank you again for being a valued customer and thank you for your comments.

Original review: May 6, 2020

From the get-go, I understood that for whatever needs to be fixed, Protect My Car will only cover 50%. But there are way too many loopholes and things that they’re not covering when it comes to the overall service. I thought it was the top-of-the-line coverage plan. But it still doesn’t work out. So it doesn’t make sense for me to pay what I’m paying each month and still not be able to get the assistance that I need. If my total job is almost $3,000 and they’re only gonna cover $500, it makes no sense when I’m doing a monthly payment of at least $150 each month. The only good thing about it is that they cover for the oil change and the oil change for my vehicle can be expensive. Still, I would tell others to get warranties from the dealer when you first purchase a car or when your warranty is about to run out. I have another vehicle with another warranty and it comes pretty much 100%, with no deductible. Allied has been a much better service for me overall.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your opinion. rather than calling the exclusions loopholes, it's more honest to simply say that the coverage handles mechanical breakdowns, not wear and tear items and not breakdowns caused by accidents, owner abuse or the like. The point is, if you take care of your vehicle, and some component breaks, the coverage is there to help you with the cost of fixing it.

Original review: May 6, 2020

One of the sales reps contacted me a couple of years back and sold me on it so I decided to give it a go and see how it would work out. It was rough at first but then there had been improvements all the way around. For instance, some of the regulations and how it had been handled was a bit awkward and it didn't seem like they had a real good system.

When I first got my policy, I had a Tundra and something had gone wrong with it. On my policy, I pay half and the company pays half. Then they called the store and they started wanting discounts after I already paid for my half and I didn't feel like that was right. If there should have been discounts, they should have been brought up to me before I had put my money down. It shouldn't seem like they were whistling and going behind my back to not pay their half. But that hasn't happened since and I heard that policies were changed.

A while back, I called them and one gentleman was very professional and it took about 30 seconds to get everything handled. We had a disconnection and then I called back. I got a different gentleman and it took almost 20 minutes just for him to be ready to call the shop and handle the claim. Maybe the second gentleman was a newer employee but it was ridiculous. They could have a little bit more training as far as when the claims come in.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your review and for choosing Protect My Car to help you protect your car and your budget. We appreciate that very much and we know you'll save a ton of money with this coverage. So you will know, if our adjusters are able to get a reduced price for parts or services, those savings are for the customer's benefit.

Thanks again for you comments.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car LLC?

Original review: May 5, 2020

I Googled and read up on reviews and Protect My Car has a larger clientele than the other carrier. Protect My Car became a personal choice and they handled everything great so far. I haven’t filed a claim yet besides an oil change but that went well.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind. That is what good coverage is supposed to do.

Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do for you.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I just got Protect My Car. The rep I worked with did pretty well. They work with me in some stuff, so I was pretty satisfied.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car to handle your coverage. our goal is simple take the stress out of car repairs and save our customers a ton of money in the process.

Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is any thing we can do to help out.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I did the oil change and they did that fine. I was real happy with that. But they said they were gonna be sending me coupons but I haven't received anything like that.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We do not provide coupons, so perhaps you were referring to the rewards program. In any event, please give us a call so we can make sure you are getting the most out of your coverage.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I have Protect my Car for my Lexus. I used it one time when I had an oil change. The process was okay. It could have been a little simpler though because I found out that Protect my Car still looks for credit cards. When the oil change was complete, the company sent me an invoice in the same way that they had to call and get the credit cards completed. I felt that Protect my Car could have just paid the invoice, but I still had to call them and do all of that. But, it wasn’t bad. I just felt that that part could have been a little better.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. In fact, a number of customers requested that we make the process a little easier for them (rather than the shops we are paying). So, we have changed the payment options to better accommodate our customers. Thank you for your suggestion.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I found out about Protect My Car on the website through my mom. I made a claim and they had my car for three days and they were taking too long. They said my total work hours came up to about four hours so I wasn’t allowed to get a rental car. But the payment plan was great.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much. Unfortunately, it is the shop you choose to use that determines how long your vehicle has to wait in the shop to be serviced. We do regret that you were inconvenienced in that way.

We are grateful to you for being a valued customer. Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I needed to get more information from them. The more calling I did, the more I learned about the things that I didn't know. For one, I didn't know about the free oil changes through the whole time. I thought it was just like limited free oil changes. Also, they didn't explain to me well when I need an estimate done on my car. I had to make a couple claims and that's where I got the information because I was denied the service. I thought my car was covered for it, but it wasn’t.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We regret that you feel you were not fully informed as to the benefits and the coverage. While the coverage booklet is written in easy to read language with no fine print, that is no substitute for calling us whenever you need to. we are always happy to answer your questions and make sure you get the most out of your coverage. It sounds like our agents did just that when you did call to ask questions. We are always here to help.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car and for your comments.

Original review: May 3, 2020

I heard about Protect My Car about three years ago through a commercial. And I had been using them ever since. My purchasing experience went pretty well. The customer service person was very knowledgeable. They walked me through different aspects of giving the information needed, to see which coverage I would be able to be covered for. So, that process was a matter of 10 minutes, tops, and it went very smoothly. Any questions that I had on the coverage, they were able to answer. They did a pretty good job.

I’ve had a couple of claims. I just had one recently where they negotiated prices for something that’s for a dealership price. It was a little higher than I thought it was going to be, but with their negotiations, it brought the price down a lot better than what I would have not been able to do on my own. It was for my Infiniti truck. And it was a tie rod issue that they had that was covered in the Executive coverage that I have. The whole process was really quick and appreciative.

Protect My Car is doing an excellent job. I really like them. It’s a little relieving not having to worry. I know that if something comes up, I can look at my policy, see if it’s something that’s covered, then I could get it to the dealership and use that. I know we’ll get the problem taken care of. The best thing to me is they’re talking to the mechanics. So, their mechanics know, and it seems to be working very well for us.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission in life to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. We are very glad the policy, our staff and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.

Original review: May 3, 2020

Everything is going fine with Protect My Car. I called them and made sure it was the same policy I had before on the other vehicle. But I couldn’t have the same one. So, they knew exactly and they looked at my old policy to see what I had, and then that was what they gave me. My interaction with their consultant was fine. The coverage I'm receiving is right in my budget. Then when I called them to do the claim, I asked them for me to take the car in and they told me to go ahead and take the car in. When I called for a roadside, they could never find my policy number. If I don't have the policy number right offhand, I have to call back and stuff like that. Then when I called them back, they said that they were separate from them. Protect My Car should have something where if you call and they ask for the phone number, everything pops up.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We regret the difficulty you experienced. We do work with companies nationwide to insure prompt roadside assistance. A few of those companies may not have your contract information readily available, but there are procedures in place to allow them to provide assistance. Thank you for alerting us to the need to work with that company to make sure they are meeting our customers needs.

Original review: May 3, 2020

My experience with Protect My Car has been good. The coverage could've been a little bit better though. I needed some exhaust work and I thought that they used to do it. If I'm paying for a warranty or something that's gonna cover my car repairs, everything should be included, except for wear-and-tear like brakes and regular stuff. Also, they changed the claim process from before, which I liked. Before, they make you print out the paper, sign it and you send it back. But now, I just tick on the money and send it to whoever it goes to. Other than that, it was cool and I did like my last service.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We would like to be able to include exhaust issues in our coverage, but as a nationwide company, we understand that each state has its own rules as to who can work on, or even cover, those repairs due to environmental concerns. We do cover the absolute most we can cover within the law.

Thanks for your comments.

Original review: May 2, 2020

Vehicles will break down and sometimes you just need that extra help. I felt good about Protect My Car's policy. They also handled their business very well and weren't pushy. I did do the free oil change and it went well.

Protect My Car response
Thanks for those comments. We appreciate your taking your time to provide them. You are right, too. When that first big expensive repair happens, especially on a holiday or on vacation, and Protect My Car takes care of it for you, that is when you know you made a wise choice to protect yourself and your budget. That is what gives you good peace of mind.

Thank you again for those very encouraging comments.

Original review: May 2, 2020

When I buy my cars, I usually get the extended warranty but I noticed with this car that I got, I didn’t have one, which was why I got an outside warranty on my own. Protect My Car was a little cheaper than everybody else but I wasn’t pleased with the first price they gave me. They told me I could cancel within 30 days but when I was reading through everything, it seemed like the other one that I had. I called Protect My Car and I was cancelling but the guy kept trying to talk me out of it. He put a manager on the phone. He gave me four oil changes for free and something else. I was skeptical with the rep and I said I had to read through everything because they might say one thing, but that thing would turn out to be a little different, which was what I didn’t like. So, as soon as I end up having a problem or they’re not honoring something, I’m dropping it.

With the last warranty that I had, it wasn’t that they didn’t honor anything for me. My father-in-law's Mercedes had a check engine light that popped on and when he took it to Mercedes and tried to get it fixed, the extended warranty was saying that it was a wire within the engine, which was not covered, when we were told that everything dealing with the transmission was covered. My father-in-law didn’t sign up for any extended warranty at all and he was a little bit upset. I didn’t tell him I signed up for this one. So, I hope that I don’t have these types of issue because these extended warranties don’t tend to be truthful most of the time.

I told the reps at Protect My Car what my father-in-law experienced with the other extended warranty and I asked them if it would be covered if anything should go wrong within the transmission or engine such as a wire and it’s within one of those. I told them that it’s very important for me to know, and I was told yes. Still, I kinda felt like I didn’t need the extended warranty because I have a pretty good mechanic that works for Mercedes that does mine for the little things that go wrong and I don’t even pay Mercedes prices.

Protect My Car response
We do work hard to make sure your experience with Protect My Car is a positive one and that the whole process, from choosing the right coverage, to making sure it is comfortable on your budget, to fast and efficient claims service, towing and rental car benefits, gives you great peace of mind. Providing valuable free benefits is another way we show we have our customers best interests at heart.

Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Original review: May 2, 2020

I have purchased an older Jeep and it's in great, working condition. But I figured I had to get some protection on it just in case something happens down the line. Signing up with Protect My Car was easy and the rep was very knowledgeable. Then they called me and told me that I get free oil changes. I did the oil change two days ago and it was good.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for those comments. That is exactly that we like to hear. In fact, giving our customers great peace of mind is our number one goal around here. Thank you very much for letting us know we are meeting that goal and thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: May 1, 2020

The rep of Protect My Car was good and informative, trying to make sure I get any type of discount and I was taken care of pretty good. We’ve had to use it twice already for my wife's car. And it was fixed promptly. It’s a cool idea, just having somebody and being able to pay my half of it. It helps a lot.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repair and glad we saved you so much money. That’s what a good policy is supposed to do. We look forward to helping you in the future when you need help. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.
Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out.

Original review: May 1, 2020

I was trying to find a different insurance and I came across Protect My Car. The rep told me all about it and tried to make a sale but I didn't buy it right there and then. I came and I thought about it. I got the number, called back and got it. My car is a 2005 older model. I read the contract and I realized that a service contract was something that my car needed in case I bring it to the mechanic or anywhere. The oil change is covered so I would not have to pay for that and if I bring it to the mechanic, I would only pay 50%. You just call and make payments over the phone. Then, it's good to go. There's not much hassle to it so, I kinda like it. It's easy and convenient, which was why I purchased it. The claim experience has been good so far. They haven't given a pushback. I brought it to the mechanic and they did what they had to do.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for providing your experience with Protect My Car. We appreciate that very much We know you will find us attentive to your needs and the coverage will save you a terrific amount of money. That is what good coverage is supposed to do.

Original review: May 1, 2020

Protect My Car's price is better than the others and everything has been good with the coverage.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission in life to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders ata very reasonable cost. We are very glad the policy, our staff and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.

Original review: April 30, 2020

What I don’t like about having Protect My Car is that I gotta pay half of the bill. I had a claim for a window and the company paid half and we paid half. But I got another company on my truck and all I did was pay a $100 deductible and they paid for everything.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are one of the few companies that provides coverage for older, high mileage vehicles. we do that by reducing the cost of repairs by 50%. Some companies will pay all but the $100 deductible but only on a very few repairs. Most components would not be covered. So, you have to decide which program works better for you.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I recently got Protect My Car, and I have used it because I got a free oil change. But I’m trying to get the payment in and I told them they can take it out on the 3rd because I forgot to leave money in the bank for them to get it. The person I worked with was wonderful. He was very knowledgeable to talk to and he was really nice. He worked out a good deal for me. I went on and chose Protect My Car because he wouldn’t let me let it go. He made me feel really comfortable with the policy.

We set a date for them to call me the first time because I wanted to make sure I had the money to get it started. So, we set a date for them to get the payment out and we did another phone call to set it up. Everything worked out fine. I’m still getting calls for warranty, but I’m telling them I already got a warranty now. I like the way my warranty is. Everything’s good in my budget. I like the company and I will recommend somebody to choose them.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It is very important to everyone here at Protect My Car that we provide the most professional service possible. We want to end each day knowing we have helped a lot of people with vehicle problems that could have ruined not just their day but their budget for months to come. It means a lot to get comments from our policyholders that let us know we are doing just that.

Original review: April 30, 2020

When I bought my Protect my Car warranty, the transaction went smooth. With my policy, they pay half and I pay half. I filed a claim with them and they changed my oil and fixed the ball joints.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repairs and glad we saved you so much money. That’s what a good policy is supposed to do. We look forward to helping you in the future when you need help. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I was looking for an extended auto warranty just in case my car gets messed up or anything goes wrong with it. I got Protect My Car and the process was great when I had gotten an oil change.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I decided I could use some extra protection and signed up with Protect My Car. The guy came out this past winter and he helped me with the tire and the oil change. It all went great. Having Protect My Car means I get some roadside service if I need it. I’m a little up in age and sometimes it gets a little hard for me to get out there and change tires and do the stuff I used to do 30 years ago.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I've heard from several people that I know about CarShield and Protect My Car. I was trying to find a deal with one of those organizations who pay for 100% of the repairs, but I have no problem with paying half of the fee for the fixing my car. That’s one of the reasons why I chose Protect My Car. When I submitted a claim, I went to an auto center and found out that I have to call Protect My Car before I have anyone do any work to the car, and that process was smooth. The repair was done in 2 days and I didn’t have a whole lot of problems with getting the confirmation from Protect My Car or with getting my car repaired. However, Protect My Car could take on a greater part of the bill than half.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much. To answer your question, your coverage plan is an Ambassador Elite plan.

Our Ambassador series of policies was created specifically for vehicle owners whose vehicles do not qualify for standard extended breakdown coverage, either because of excessive age or miles, or because of pre-existing conditions. The Ambassador family of policies is less expensive than a standard extended warranty and therefore appeal to those on a limited budget.

Ambassador policies provide a wide variety of important benefits including free oil changes, free tire rotations and a significant reduction in repair costs, guaranteed 50% reduction of the original estimate of repair costs. They also come with towing, 24 /7 roadside assistance and rental car benefits.

Keeping the repair cost benefit to 50% allows us to make the coverage affordable for folks who need that help. While some plans offer more coverage, that would be at a higher cost. So, we balance cost vs coverage to give each customer the best coverage at the lowest possible cost, even on vehicles that due to age or mileage other companies won't cover.

Original review: April 28, 2020

I have a ‘09 Pontiac G8, which is a relatively older car, and I’m trying to be careful. I bought it pre-used from three states up and I feel like the people weren’t really being straightforward with me. I figured I could have the warranty to help me out. I was with CarShield but Protect My Car came with a cheaper deal. Their reps have been pretty good so far. I’ve been getting calls a lot. I can pay for it but currently I’m not gonna do that because I have my car right now. I call Protect My Car when something goes wrong and that’s not too often. There was an issue that I kind of assumed that Protect My Car would cover but they didn’t. But that was my fault for not reading the fine print.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much.
We do work hard to make sure this protection is affordable for everyone’s budget. It’s all part of not just doing the right thing, but doing things right for each customer.

Original review: April 28, 2020

The way the reps of Protect My Car explained the stuff, it sounded good. I haven't had any problems yet.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. We appreciate them very much. Thank you for joining the Protect My Car family. We are very glad you did.

Original review: April 28, 2020

I thought it was good idea to get protected and I had heard Protect My Car was a pretty good people to be with. When I purchased the coverage, they were very nice and they let me know what was happening. The only thing I had to contact them about was how to get my money in a month. They take it out of my credit card. It was a call of three or four minutes. When I had the free oil change that they gave me, the claim went through real good. I didn’t have any problem at all. I went out to Pep Boys and they took care of it. So far, my experience has been good.

Protect My Car response

Original review: April 25, 2020

One of my friends told me about Protect My Car. I already had my other two cars on another plan but I wanted to try. I switched my Porsche over to Protect My Car's service to see how they'd work if anything happened to it and so that I didn’t have to pay for this or that. It wasn’t a very good thing. I told them to give me the best plan they could give me because I have a Porsche. They told me everything would be 100% covered, but it wasn’t.

When my high-pressure fuel pump ended up going out, they said that I was gonna have to cover all of the screws, which was $800. After I covered that, something went wrong again about a month ago. The radiator was messed up and leaking. I tried to see where it was coming from. The car has one of those plates and I couldn’t screw it out. So I took a screwdriver, went under the car, and made a hole where I see the leaking from. Protect My Car said that the car mesh was torn and it looked like it hit something. I had to come out $800 to get that fixed. Then, I also had to pay for the radiator. It was around 500, but they covered half and took it to around 200. They couldn't do any of the labor though.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. No company on earth would cover a repair caused by the owner taking a screwdriver and punching holes in the vehicle. In any event, we are glad we could help you as much as we could with that repair.

Protect My Car Company Information