Union, NJ

3.2/5 (69 ratings)

About Planet Honda

Planet Honda Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Planet Honda?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Planet Honda?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

Salesperson (Wally) was great. Very polite and easy to work with. I felt very comfortable with the deal I negotiated with him. I did have an issue with John when he tried to sneak in a warranty we didn’t even discuss. He tried to make me feel uncomfortable about not accepting the warranty. I almost left without purchasing the vehicle.

Original review: May 17, 2022

Planet Honda on Rt 22 with salesman Derek **. Was outstanding. Totally customer oriented. Excellent service. Highly recommend. Also the guy in finance, the best. So friendly! Must be a great place to work at. Get your car from Derek **!

Get buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2022

Aladdin assisted me with choosing to purchase a Honda CR-V instead of a Jeep Cherokee. He was very knowledgeable and helpful throughout the process. I will definitely recommend him to others I know that are interested in shopping for a car.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

"HANDS DOWN, the best dealer to buy a Honda in the state of New Jersey as far as I am concerned." I walked into Planet Honda about a month before the unexpected COVID-19 Shutdowns inquiring about a car purchase. After almost 2 years, I went back and not only did they remember my face, but they remembered my name and my interest in the car I was choosing! Everyone was completely friendly, inviting, and very down-to-earth. The building and furniture in the waiting areas were clean and all the employees had a very professional presentation.

Special Thanks: *Erick ** - Very professional, very attentive, very understanding, great personality, really knows his cars and how people will fit in them. *Eduardo ** - Only met him briefly to deal with the finances and signing, and he made a very good impression. He left no loopholes for worry and had an answer for every question I asked.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Derek ** was so nice and patient and he help me through the process with accuracy and so much Knowledge. I was so afraid to buy a car but he taught me a couple of things and assured me. I’m now buying my first financed car. I will be back in no time for my second round of a new car.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

Just now NEW. This dealership is part of a consumer report Truecar buying program where they set prices upfront and the consumer wouldn't have to negotiate when they buy the car. The only mark ups the dealer can do per the program is add the standard handling fee of roughly 700 or 800 and state taxes. I spoke directly with the manager who is informed about this program, Delia **, and she lied to me telling me she could mark up the prenegotiated price as much as she wants saying 5k to 8k. When I tried to tell her that's not how the program works and what she is saying is actually a bait and switch fraud move she said it wasn't. I then asked for her manager and she spoke over me saying, "have a nice day", and hung up on my face.

Prior to speaking with Delia I spoke with two others at the dealership that said they only sell cars at msrp. There is a lot of used car sales moves at Planet Honda and for managers to hang up on customers in lieu of trying to resolve an issue is horrendous I the customer service world. Planet Honda gets an F for intentional fraud and poor poor customer service. There is an active investigation going on with them. Stay far away from Planet Honda unless you want to give out thousands of free dollars to their corrupt business.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

I went to the dealership to buy an Odyssey. One of my friends bought there and I went to the same sales person asking for the same price. He gave me the same price on the car and they tried to overcharge for warranty than what my friend paid. I had them pull up the exact price and they tried to tell me all the stories and by that I already signed the paperwork. After all that, Sales person said he would give me free all weather mats if give good rating. I said fine. They stopped completely responding and even became rude when I tried to follow up on that commitment.

Original review: March 17, 2021

Harold ** was absolutely amazing!!! I came in nervous because it was my very first time buying a vehicle, but Harold made the process very easy and smooth. He is very informative and patient, any questions I had he answered!!! Amazing experience and I greatly thank and appreciate him!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

We had a great experience at Planet Honda. Antonio took care of us very well. We left with a great car and we’re so happy with our purchase. I will definitely recommend my family members and friends to come here and purchased their next vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I was offered an all weather season mats along with the purchase of my brand new 2020 Ridgeline Black Edition because they said that they couldn’t go any lower on the price. I left without the floor mat because both times I left, it was late and I thought they would honor their deal. Now that everything is signed and done, they refused to give me the floor mat. The mat doesn’t cost much but it’s the principle that counts and they have none.

Planet Honda Company Information