Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

41 Planet Honda Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Buying a car that involves tens of thousands of dollars is generally not an easy experience. When one going to Dealer, hopes are that you getting more educated so that a better decision can be made. But experience with Planet Honda was bitter. In fact, someone already made me aware of this, but I just ignored that. The salespeople (at least the one I dealt with), the only agenda was - "tell the price you want, if that can be done we will talk further but do not want to talk anything else. I have no interest in understanding your situation, providing more details". Worse, before leaving, when asked to meet the sale rep whom we originally talked, was rejected. When asked to meet the manager, it started becoming rude. Finally met the "manager", which we believe (no way to confirm) was just a friend with same intentions.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

This is my second car from Planet Honda. Steve went above and beyond trying to accommodate my crazy kids (the cafe and kids room helped with that!) They have so many cars there. All of our financing options were thoroughly explained since we went there undecided as to whether we were buying or leasing. The finance guy was helpful with the bank paperwork. He was patient and helpful with my annoying question after question. We drove home that day with a beautiful new Odyssey with all the bells and whistles my kids love. They also have someone to help explain all of the new options and tech features the cars have that are confusing and this made it so easy! I highly recommend Steve and the team at Planet.

Get expert buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Every bad cliche for car dealership at one place. I know it's buyer beware but these guys are experts in exploiting any and every loophole... The whole ordeal took 7 HOURS! They will wear you down. And furthermore, after a week of driving around in my new car waiting for my registration and license plates, I received a call from sales manager (Danny **) stating that he will not release the tags and reg. unless I came up with the second key fob for the car I traded in. I have since taken it up with the NY/NJ DMVs to no avail. Please go elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Anthony and Chibo were not transparent with their sales transactions when my wife and I bought our car. They are both very unprofessional!!! WE ARE NEVER GOING BACK TO THIS DEALERSHIP AGAIN. KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN IN ALL TRANSACTIONS ELSE YOU WILL GET SCAMMED.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I just would like to inform you that I actually did go to the dealership yesterday and unfortunately I had the worst experience ever buying a car. I dealt with the most disrespectful salesperson. His name is Eddie **, I hope that you let the owner know this because he is bad for business, if a customer asks you for a quote I would assume the least he could have done is get me one, even if he knows I am shopping around. But he actually refused once he heard I was shopping around, even though I assured him I am willing to make a deal if it made sense.

In conclusion I am still shopping and I don't think I will consider your dealership and FYI my brother and friend, are also looking to buy a Honda. And thanks to that salesperson you guys have possibly lost 3 deals, once I brought this issue to the manager I wish I got his name, he didn't do anything. It's like they have met their quota and they just really don't care... Avoid this dealer at all cost/they don't care, all those TV ads are just that ads, not worth the hassle. Remember there is a lot of other Honda dealers in the area.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Planet Honda?

Original review: May 24, 2018

Carlos **, a worker at Planet Honda helped me buy my car. He was extremely nice and kind, giving me all kinds of information and things I needed to know. He was very patient and answered all my questions. My rating is a 10/10!

Original review: May 24, 2018

Carlos is great! I leased a car with him 3 years ago. He is very professional, helpful and mindful to my financial situation. I recently met with him again to go over options for a new lease. He listened to my concerns about getting into a new lease and went over all possibilities regarding leasing, purchasing my current lease, or financing a new vehicle. Carlos takes the hassle out of shopping for a car and makes the experience a fun, worry free one. He doesn’t make you feel pressured into buying anything while yet still being focused on the sale. I love my 2018 new car!

Original review: March 27, 2018

I wanted to lease car and went to their showroom. Sales person did not show any interest. Surprisingly, they did not even met the price as per their deal mentioned on their website and came up with a huge number which was not even realistic after all calculations. After few months, I saw new deal on website and called them to find out more before I go there and spend/waste my hours for nothing. They did not even respond well and very rude over the phone to give any details. Well, be careful while dealing with this facility.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Leased a vehicle three years ago here. Was pressed for time and needed a specific vehicle or I would have walked out during that deal. High pressure for a lease/sale and when all was done, during the financial paperwork a significant amount of screening tactic pressure to buy the warranties. Said clearly we were not interested but kept at the pitch for several rounds, each increasing in the scare/threat. Fast-forward to now, looking to return the vehicle at the end of lease. We wanted to downsize for size of vehicle (no car seats anymore) and cost. They insisted they could make something work at or below what we are paying now. Explained the poor experience we had last time - they insisted all new staff, including the manager. Well, walk in and the same manager is sitting at his desk and again with the tactics.

Top it off, despite being clear that the only way we would get another car was at or below our current payment. Knew it was a tough ask and expected to get another car. The salesman had the nerve to throw his hands up and say "Well, you live in ** town and you can afford more." My wife nearly lost it. Needless to say, we are now driving another make. Now, I am dealing with the headache of the lease return. Can't get anyone to return my call for days and when I did speak with someone today - again with the scare tactics. Never doing business with this dealership again - and likely, not with Honda as a result.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

Went to purchase a new 2017 Honda HRV on September 20. The vehicle we wanted was at another dealer so they went to get it. Fours later, they called and said they had the vehicle. When we arrived at the dealer, I noticed the new vehicle sticker missing. The manufactured date was December, 2016. When we went to the paperwork, the mileage was 590. They attempted to sell a used car as new. They ran our credit anyway, so we took a hard hit. We asked to retract it and they would not do it.

Original review: March 4, 2017

Walk in to purchase a new car and was greeted with the utmost salesmanship from our sale man Carlos. Crisp senior sales consultant with excellent knowledge in getting us the best deal and saving us a lot of money. He worked with us with excellence and helping us to make the deal with wanted to get done. Thumbs up to him. He was and is a great asset to Planet Honda dealership in his full helpfulness in all fields. Thank you for all you have to help us.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

Upon arriving to Planet Honda, who we have worked with for the past 3 years, we walked in needing a brand new car. My parents and I were recommended to go to the Sales Representative Carlos **. Although he was busy with another family he told us he would be right with us which he was. After talking to us and hearing us out on our situation he proceeded to ask what kind of car we wanted and my mom said she wanted a white CR-V that she viewed outside and he said he would do everything in his power to get us this car or something better.

After he asked for some information from my mom she signed some papers and he came back to us with good news into a CRV that has a lot of things in it that our previous car did not. Although it was not white, it was blue when my mom saw the car and sat inside of it she fell in love was nothing but happy. Walking back into the dealership Mr. ** had asked how the car was and she said it was beautiful and just for her.

She mentioned that he said he was going to do everything in his power to get us out of the dealers with a brand new car and he did. It is almost a month with this car and it has been nothin but good to us and there has been no issues being brand new. We would like to thank Mr. ** again for being the go to point person to help us in achieving this new Honda CR-V.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

As an accommodation the director of the Planet Honda service department, Kelvin, said he would as gesture of good will sell a replacement tire at dealer cost. While waiting I checked the web for pricing and found the very same tire at a price lower than quote "dealer cost". There is no way that dealer cost should be higher than a retailer. If, you are an honest dealer, you do not tell a customer you are offering them an accommodation when you are not.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

My salesman Carlos ** really helped me out with purchasing my new 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport. He let me take my time and led me to the best choice I have ever made in purchasing a vehicle. Thank you Planet Honda but most of all Carlos **!!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

If you are going to Planet Honda in Union please stay away from team Francis ** and Sue **. This team are very aggressive to robbing your pocket. I lost over 10k make deal with this team. I NEVER WILL BE BACK TO PLANET HONDA in Union NJ.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

Customer service and business setup was perfect and well organized. Friendly family people who will go out of the way to make sure you are happy with what you want and make sure you're driving home happy with an new ride. THEY ARE THE BEST!!!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

I just bought a 2016 Honda CRV from Ed ** at Planet Honda in Union, NJ. Ed was very knowledgeable, professional, and helpful. I got a great price on my trade-in and new car purchase. I would definitely return to Planet Honda when looking for another car. Great dealership. Great prices. Ed made my car-buying experience very easy and stress-free. Thanks Ed and Planet Honda!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

Had a great experience at Planet Honda!! Great customer service! By far the best and most friendliest car dealership I have stepped in! Thank you to all the Planet Honda staff, and to Carlos for all his help and exceptional customer service!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

I found everyone at the dealership to be polite and pleasant to deal with. The salesperson, Anthony **, was very polite and accommodating. A salesperson in training, Roy, was also very polite and helpful. We had a quote from another dealer and Planet Honda was able to match it, with more features as well. Very satisfied with the experience.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

My wife recently not only wanted to purchase a new vehicle but also wanted to improve her credit score, so we decided to buy a 2016 Honda CRV. We live in Rahway, New Jersey and hence shopped all the Honda dealerships within 25 miles of our location. We visited a couple of the dealerships and rest we interacted via phone and internet. The one place that stood out right from the start was Planet Honda because they were not afraid to quote me a price on the phone, compared to another dealership on Route 22 who kept on insisting they would beat their competitors pricing but refused to quote their own. The sales agent/manager (Mr. Kaleem **) who dealt with us was on point and did not waste my time on games and frivolous things. He was very friendly but direct and answered all my questions and addressed all my concerns.

I am not a person who is easily impressed and do my own homework too especially before a big purchase. Mr. Kaleem ** was knowledgeable and courteous throughout the process and did not rush us during the whole time. When the deal was finally struck he took us both to the cafe that is located in the dealership and bought us coffee and pastries and sat down with us while we enjoyed the snacks. Both my wife and I tremendously enjoyed the stress free experience of purchasing a new vehicle and even have had the pleasure of getting our first free oil change at the dealership. I certainly take time to give credit where it is due and already have recommended this dealership generally and Mr. ** specifically to family and friends. By the way we have been getting steady compliments on our new vehicle as well.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

My salesman Carlos ** was great. He got me the car I wanted with all the amenities and more. From picking out the color to the interior features. Carlos helped throughout the whole process.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

I purchased a 2013 Honda Accord Coupe and I was extremely pleased with the service... I called just about pricing and spoke with Khalida who was very helpful and upfront about the options available. She placed me with the used sales department that turned into me leaving the same day with a new car. I had to put little money down with very affordable monthly payments. I would absolutely refer a friend or two to Planet for their next car purchase.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

I was referred to Planet Honda by the VIP manager Kathy to purchase a vehicle after my Ford started giving up on me. This is Honestly one of my best experiences I've had at a car dealership after being with Ford for over 20 years and purchasing a vehicle from Toyota. Not only was she extremely knowledgeable but my salesperson Stephen ** and the general sales manager Eddie ** was also. Everything was seamless and I was in and out within 3 hours on a busy Saturday afternoon. I would definitely recommend anyone that I know to purchase a vehicle from there. I am the proud owner of a 2016 CR-V SE.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

I recently leased my Honda Accord from Planet Honda. My salesman's name is Frank **. I was in a financed Accord that I had bought from another Honda dealership. I was not happy with my Accord and wanted out of it. So I went to Planet Honda to see my options. Once there, I was approached by Frank ** and from the moment he greeted me he was very pleasant and made me feel comfortable. Didn't pressure me but did find ways to help me instead of ripping me off. He appraised my Accord and somehow some way got me out of that financed vehicle into a new 2017 Accord Ex-L. Paying the same as I was paying on my finance... I was ecstatic!!!

I couldn't believe he took me out of a base Accord 2015 into this brand new vehicle and the best of all same payment and it was loaded. I will be back once my 3 years are up and see Frankie again!!! I'm pretty sure not everyone there is as bad as I am reading these reviews from Planet Honda. Just make sure you see Frankie... I promise you... you'll be in good hands!!!

Original review: July 25, 2016

When I signed the agreement to purchase my car, I thought that I was buying a 2015 Honda Accord. When the salesman, Cristen, called Geico he told them I purchased a 2014 car. Since I could not start looking for another car, I was stuck with the 2014. Never, ever, buy a car from Planet Honda. I also told them, "Take the name Planet Honda off the license plate holder.

Original review: April 22, 2016

We had a bad experience with Planet Honda, Union, NJ. We owned and leased Honda cars for 22 years and we never had problems with returning a car. We leased a Honda Civic 2013 in a different dealership and decided to return to Planet Honda and lease a new 2016 Honda Civic. While signing all the paperwork, our salesman, his name is Jesus ** asked my husband if we want to pay for extra miles and we agreed to pay the same day. Few weeks later we received a bill from Honda Finance that we have to pay for our miles. I called the dealership where we returned the car and they said we never paid it. I have a copy of the paper where shows that we paid but the paper does not specifically says that we paid for extra miles. Now I am lost and I don't know how to get money back.

Original review: March 14, 2016

I purchase a new car from this dealer this month and it was the worst experience ever in my life. They went back on their words so many times and I was made to sit for hours without being attended. Only mistake I did was put in a deposit and I was threatened I have to forfeit it if I don't agree to their terms. Sales manager Sal couldn't have been any more rude. He used not so pleasant words and said, "I was trying to be cute with him". No way a customer should be treated. Horrible experience. If you can read this review and decide not to buy your car from here, you have saved yourself from embarrassment. Beware!!! Even if they give it in writing, do not believe it as they tackle teams and get away with it.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2015

Internet price was far from what dealer charged. Planet Honda added dealer trim package (non-negotiable). Charged $129 for nitrogen in tires -- non-negotiable! Worse, salesman told my wife and son the 2014 Accord had a NAV system -- it DID NOT. Yes, shame on me for not checking on his comment -- we were in a hurry -- but the salesman should not have said it was included. Dealer tried to charge an add'l >$300 for key replacement package we did not want. That was a fight. Finally, dealer did not meet commitment to deliver plates and registration, and would not allow me to do it myself. Dealer "policy" required they get the extra $600 for plates and reg. Strongly urge you to avoid them.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

I'm not sure what pisses me off more, the fact that Planet Honda on Route 22, New Jersey will do ANYTHING for a sale or the fact that I had to give a 1 star rating opposed to no star at all which is what the company deserves. My salesman lied to the lending company regarding my monthly pay just to get an approval. I wanted to lease a vehicle and the manager, Won, told me I was approved, yet he had me sign paperwork for a finance account which I didn't notice until after signing (I should have read the paperwork in its entirety).

I'm Active Duty military and I NEED HELP because of FALSE information the salesman and 2 managers gave me. I now have to go overseas but the company will not take the vehicle back. Honda Financial Services will not allow me to take the vehicle overseas without making 6 advanced monthly payments, and the President of the dealership won't make a phone call on my behalf to get the payment requirement waived. I can't even take the vehicle overseas for my next assignment. This is how HONDA thanks veterans for their service, with no assistance.

I'd rather walk to Syria with an American Flag tied around my neck than do business with Planet Honda of Route 22 in New Jersey or purchase a Honda vehicle ever again. BTW, I haven't even owned this brand new 2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6 for 2 months yet. This has been an unpleasant experience but at least I learned a valuable lesson when it comes to dealing with scum. Advice:

1. Use your cell phone to record and time stamp your conversation with the anyone that works at the dealership.
2. Get everything in writing and if they refuse to put it in writing, WALK AWAY.
3. Read everything carefully.

4. Don't go to Route 22 Planet Honda in Union, NJ.

Original review: March 6, 2015

When I first leased my 2014 Honda Accord, I had a pleasant experience the date of sale. I came in for an oil change and was told by the manager ** since I did not have an appt (btw its 7AM) I would have wait at least 2 hours. I was not happy at all especially having to hit the road to go to North Carolina for a family emergency. I did let him know this and he expedited my request (thank you **). ** was not the problem. My problem is the fact that I haven't even been leasing this car for 2 years and I was told I am laying for this oil change.

On the day I leased I was told free oil changes for the 3 years I am leasing. Had I known I would have to pay for an oil change, I would have gone around the corner from my house and instead of waiting over an hour I would wait 20 minutes max! These people paint such a pretty picture for you when you're about to sign the contract. This is the 2nd unpleasant experience I've had with Planet Honda. I don't plan on staying.

Planet Honda Company Information