Union, NJ

3.3/5 (71 ratings)

About Planet Honda

Planet Honda Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Planet Honda?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Planet Honda?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I was offered an all weather season mats along with the purchase of my brand new 2020 Ridgeline Black Edition because they said that they couldn’t go any lower on the price. I left without the floor mat because both times I left, it was late and I thought they would honor their deal. Now that everything is signed and done, they refused to give me the floor mat. The mat doesn’t cost much but it’s the principle that counts and they have none.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Planet Honda made a miracle come true for me. I thought I would never get out of my old car. But planet Honda made my dreams come true. I’m so happy that I stuck with planet Honda. I’ll recommend planet Honda to all my friends and family.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

I had a great experience with Planet Honda. Moe went above and beyond to make sure I had all my questions answered. I was also in and out in a timely manner. He did everything he could to make the transaction as easy as possible. If you are looking for a car this is definitely the place. Make sure to see Moe, as he is a caring, respectable, reliable person. He will definitely give you the best deal possible.

Original review: July 31, 2020

Derek ** was a perfect salesman. He was courteous and well mannered. Derek was able to help me with my lease and no pressure. I would recommend him to family and friends. Thank you DM. It was a pleasure!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Stephen was incredibly kind and cooperative throughout the entire process. We would most definitely want to always come back to him after our lease ends. He makes the process easy and not stressful at all. We were happy that Alex was able to switch us to Stephen after a terrible experience with the previous salesperson who was rude and disrespectful, and Stephen was the complete opposite of this and fixed our bitterness and made sure that we would always come back to planet Honda. So thank you so much to Alex and Stephen.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

The experience I have had with Planet Honda has been phenomenal. My sales personnel was extremely professional and in trusting Anthony **. I would recommend anyone to Honda just for his expertise. Great working with Honda. I am happy yet again. No disappointments.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Salesman (Aladdin) was top notch; knowledgeable and informative; he knew (in detail) the differences between higher end models (pilots) and lower end models. Comparable cars from non Honda dealers elsewhere and specifically laid out what features the models we were interested did (and didn’t ) have. He didn’t waste our time. On second visit (test drive)...we reviewed again detail of the models and any important issues.

For a rather inexperienced buyer his input was invaluable. Since we had done comparisons on shopping at several other dealers (10 to 20 cars) I know what price would get me to come back and ink the deal. He understood our body language. Said (after consultation with manager) his bottom line. And that was in live with price/value we were looking for. We shook hands..confirmed our serious interest in closing soon and returned with check within 6 hrs. Couldn’t have asked for a better team than the Planet Honda on Rt 22 in Union NJ.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

We were assisted by Julio in the used car department and he was absolutely amazing. He was honest and upfront and very accommodating. He did his best to make sure we got exactly what we wanted. Thanks Julio.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I went in there to request a refund for a bank fee and DMV fees I paid 1 week ago and expressed to one of the managers my discern and distaste for my experience this past week, I was talking to my girlfriend and one of the employees there jumped in, named Frank **. He was very hostile and argumentative. He called me an ** several times because I told my girlfriend that this is a terrible customer service experience. Very UNPROFESSIONAL, RUDE, and DISGUSTING. I will refer everyone I know and am reporting this to the BBB and directly to Honda. Buyers beware!!!!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Wasn't aware that this dealership has no lease deals for customers who are not citizens and are on H1B work Visa. Dealership denied me the lease special right after asking whether or not I am citizen or have a green card. They did not even bothered to check my credit score, etc. Dealership mentioned that Honda financing does not finance H1B visa holder customers. The whole experience was frustrating. Dealership did not mention this clause in their ad or website and I ended up wasting hours of commuting just to hear that I cannot lease, even though I had an appointment.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I have never wrote a complaint ever in my life but I feel as though I need to address an issue that occurred yesterday at 5:30pm at planet Honda on route 22. I have been here before and never had an issue. I received a call yesterday telling me that my lease was expiring soon, and I had the option to come in and look at other cars. I had an appointment at 6pm and I arrived at 5:30pm and was greeted by Jorge ** (short, Spanish guy). He began to take care of me and asked me what I was looking for, I explained to him exactly what I wanted, and how much I was willing to pay per month. After explaining to him in detail what I needed and what I was looking for, I was hoping for a quick outcome but it ended up being 2 hours without a valid answer.

I am currently leasing a 2017 Honda Civic and I explained to him that I would like the same car but the newest year. He then started to offer me a Honda Sport which I did not like and didn’t have the same features as the current car that I am driving which was going to cost me more money than I was already paying. I explained to him multiple times that I did not want that car because I didn’t want to spend more money for a car that had less than what I was driving. Every time I would answer his questions he would respond, “Give me a second.” He wouldn’t show back up for minutes I’m talking like 15-20minutes. I did not complain once and I was extremely patient the entire time. Every time he came back, he kept changing my words and accused me of lying and changing my offer (which I NEVER did) and making him look like a fool in front of his boss with a horrible attitude towards me.

He also asked me for the keys of my car to do the appraisal, which took like 45 minutes. After he accused me of lying, I lost it and said that I needed my keys to go home; he said “I though I gave it to you already” which he did not. It took him 15 more minutes to bring it back to me. He handed me the keys and asked to wait to talk to his manager. I waited and the only response I got was a m the manager saying no (no words spoken) which did not mean nothing to me at that point. I was already very disappointed with the service, with a huge headache and just wanting to go home. On top of everything else (which not everything is in here) I went outside to just go, and my car was nowhere to be found, and had to go back again to ask him where my car was. He said “Oh it's in the other parking lot” not even trying to take me to my car or even show me. I had to ask myself how to get there and then he offered to take me.

Overall, it was a horrible experience; Not because it was 2 hours for nothing, but because my offer was very straight forward and he either had to say yes or no to it, which could have taken 10 minutes top. After this experience I can’t wait for my lease to be over and I’m considering leasing another car from a different dealership.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Shady, dishonest sales tactics employed by this dealership under GM Ed **. Eric ** (my sales rep) included Honda Tire Hazard Coverage for 1 year for free with my 2019 Pilot lease. Got a flat tire & they refused to honor it. Found out later that this coverage was dropped from my lease by the Finance Dept, without any notice to me or Eric. Harassed to leave positive review immediately at lease signing before any lies are exposed.

We leased in July 2019; 8/30/19, I got a flat tire. After confirming who I was, Service Dept said to bring it in for free repair/replacement. Arrived on Sat 9/1; they took the damaged tire and told us that it would be fixed by end of day. An hour later, I received a call from the service dept and they told me, "Sorry we were wrong, you don't have the tire coverage. You have to pay out of pocket." I reached out to Eric who then confirmed the tire coverage "was all included" and he would look into it. Left messages with customer service with no returned calls. Finally Eric said he discovered that the tire coverage was removed by Finance without notifying me OR him. Sales Manager could do nothing; I was told I would have to talk to GM Ed ** for resolution. Left VMs with no reply. End of day Fri, I was told, "Service is now closed, you have to wait until it reopens on Tues 9/3!"

Tues 9/3; no car for 4 days. Arrive to speak in person to GM Ed ** onsite; refuses to talk to me. After approaching him, he responds curtly, "Call Customer Support." I explain about my unanswered VMs to him, and ask, "Can we speak briefly now?" To which he replies, "No I don't want to talk to you." Stunned at his attitude towards customers! At this point, I was left with no options but to pay $170 for a new tire out of pocket. I do not have the luxury of being without my car for longer. GM Ed ** not willing to even try to discuss a resolution. Unfortunately, lease terms are I have to come here for 3 years for included oil changes/maint.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I was very pleased with the new car sales experience I received from Derek **, Sales Consultant, Planet Honda, Union, NJ. Derek was very professional and explained all pertinent information related to the Honda Accord. He was extremely interested to ensure that we were happy with the lease price, downpayment and vehicle. Derek tried and succeeded in providing a wonderful deal on the vehicle lease, which prompted us to agree to the lease price and move forward to accept the lease.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Nick was very patient, attentive, friendly and has great customer service skills. I love my new 2019 Honda Accord! Eddie, the General Manager, was also fantastic and he always goes above and beyond to keep me a happy customer! This is my 3rd new car from Planet Honda in Union, NJ.

Original review: July 30, 2019

Only positive I can say is the car itself, the 2019 Honda CR-V EX. I love the car but the dealership is awful. Bait and switch tactics, making their sales staff lie and playing good cop/bad cop with managers. They act like you got a good deal if they quote you an initial lease rate of $599 then settle at $315 which is still much higher than the advertised "penny perfect" lease rate of $178 they advertise online. Apparently, cash due at signing isn't the same as cash due at signing in their online pricing either. For the $178 lease, it said "cash due at signing" was $2,995 but when presented with this deal, I was told that didn't include fees and other items of $3,000, so cash due at signing would be $5,995 for the online deal, which I did not have. I asked repeatedly what the fees were and the amount but was never told nor was it obvious the salesman was even being honest with me.

He said that they do the low rates online to get people in the door then hit them with this BS about extra fees. Yes, he was the good cop. The manager played bad cop. After 3 hours, exhausted and worn down on a 100 degree day, we decided on a standard lease, which is now what I believe was the plan all along. They started at $599 for 24 months. When I freaked out, the Manager (bad cop) came over to "negotiate" with me. I told him I wanted the deal I reserved online of $178 for 27 months with $2,995 due at signing. He said the same thing about fees but could not (or would not) tell me what fees he was referring to. Ugh. So, they came back with another "offer" for $349 for 36 months with $4,000 down, I said no.

I wanted $299, and we settled at $315 for 36 months with $4,000 down and 12k miles per year. Did I get screwed? Oh yes, I did. Why did I still lease from these guys? The crv is what I wanted. Would I recommend you go to another, more honest Honda dealership next time, oh yes! Avoid this place like the plague and you won't be sorry. I have significant buyers remorse, don't let it happen to you. Now, I will go sit in the corner with my dunce hat on and stare at the ground, highly embarrassed that I got taken.

Original review: July 27, 2019

Went on the website and picked out CRV I wanted to lease and it gives you a full detailed breakdown of the lease including exact money down etc including sales tax. We went to dealership with our quote in hand and our quote was for 3k down and 210 per month including all taxes and fees. We were told we had to get a bunch of options and pay all kinds of fees which on the quote were optional. They worked out a little over 3k extra. They then quoted us 3k down and 390 per month. That's 180 per month extra which at worst should have been 100 per month extra had we wanted the pinstripes and additional warranties etc.

We said we decline the extras. "No you can't", we are told. We said but they are optional but they said not optional to get the deal. Eventually he dropped from 390 to 260 per month. I told him that if they didn't honor the quote that I'm not interested and frankly I couldn't do business with people who operate like this. Thank God I didn't after reading the reviews here. I urge people to read the reviews. If you leave or buy from here you will get screwed. Amazing that they get away with this.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Derek ** was amazing. I do not normally write reviews but I am for This experience. The pricing was the best I’ve seen since shipping for cars. Derek was very attentive and answered all my questions. He was very patient with me. I would request him next time I come back. Overall great experience.

Original review: June 13, 2019

This is the 4th car that I have purchased from Frankie and as long as he is at Planet Honda I will be a customer. He is the consummate professional. I trust him and that is something he won not only with his attitude but after 4 purchases I convinced my wife to leave her Nissan and go with Honda. Frankie made it easy and fast. I hope that Planet Honda understands how lucky they are to have him on their team. The finance guy that took care of us was wonderful also. Quick and a total pro. I believe Dinayaran was his name.

Original review: June 12, 2019

My experiences with Honda have been all positive. I am very please with my leasing experiences so far, all thanks to Frankie **, my sales consultants he is great!! This is my second lease from Honda and I have also recommend my family members to Honda dealership as well. I love your cars and SUV’s. Looking forward to my next vehicle lease with Frankie and Honda.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Carlos **. He is an excellent sales person. I would recommend him always. He cares about his clients. I am very happy with my Honda Civic 2018. He takes time with his customers. Interested in their needs. Will not hesitate to refer him.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Our salesman Franklin ** was very professional throughout our buying experience. He was knowledgeable about the vehicle and provided us with great service the whole time we were at the dealership. I highly recommend asking for him the next time you visit Planet Honda.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I have been searching for a car since last November and this was my 3rd Honda dealership and 5th car dealership. This was a very easy experience. Manny was a great sales rep and was very accommodating. I shouldn't need another car for quite a while, but I will remember Planet Honda when I do.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Wow. Let me just say that everyone at Honda was amazing!! Starting with their staff member Aladdin who helped find the perfect car for me. He didn’t rush me, took me out for the test drives, I left feeling as though he was an old friend. I had this preconception that you couldn’t trust dealerships and went in with my guard up. But everyone there was so honest and helpful. The guy from the finance department too I forgot his first name but his last name was **, he was great at explaining everything to me. Thank you Planet Honda. I’m on cloud nine with my new car!!!

Original review: March 22, 2019

Terrible. They suck. Scams. Lies. Don't waste your time. Go somewhere like Chevy. They will get your for every penny you have like thieves plus the cars suck. Service is terrible and they take forever for anything.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Upon entering the dealership I was greeted by the salesperson and manager. I was informed that they would be able to give me a “good deal” on a car lease. After negotiating for over an hour we came up with a written agreement. I told them I would be back in a week to sign the papers and pick up the car. When I returned a week later, after driving an hour and a half in the rain, I was told that they were unable to give me the price quoted. They did a credit check, which was excellent, and proceeded to tell me that the rates change weekly. The new rate was $89.00 more per month than was quoted the week before. They lied about the amount and failed to keep their part of the agreement. I would advise anyone entering that dealership to be cautious of their unscrupulous tactics!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Called before arriving at noon on Saturday. Arrived punctual and although very crowded asked for phone contact who greeted me pleasantly and walked me to the used car area. I had identified before coming which vehicle I had interest in. On web, had seen a 2016 Touring CR-V white certified. When I sat down with salesman initials AA he told me somebody was buying the car right now. I took on face value so gleaned other availability and I targeted 2016 EX-L with nav. Thought price was reasonable.

We looked at car and I took for ride. Inspected the car and the backbumper was as if someone removed luggage all scraped up. So I suggested to salesman, "Let's talk." So I asked if I was to pay full price what would be the total: $21,700 plus DMV fees plus document fees plus tax plus $695. I asked what is that. He said options of wheel locks, pinstriping and door guards. Understand they are on the car already so he shows me on computer screen that is what it says. I say, "Ok then remove them and remove the $695." Keep in mind if you do that on 2016 you likely will have shading from pinstriping and door guards. He tells me, "Same price if you want them or not." So how are they options?? So he says, "Ok we will waive." That by the way is a sales trick to make you feel like they gave up something.

We turn to the damaged bumper and I said this must be repaired. AA says the vehicle is certified and as long as metal is not cut it can be certified reminding me that the bumper is plastic. I said to drive off this lot with not repaired makes no sense. AA says, "We can give you a small jar of paint," or they will touch up. I said, "You need to repair." Became pretty obvious they did not want to but for $250 they will. To discuss any further about purchase was useless. I walked out and thanked him. So be careful of fine print. How can they be options if they are already on the car. By the way I reached out to Mr. William Feinstein President to no avail. This dealership does not seem to care.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

"I know you lie, your lips are moving" is my experience at Planet Honda. They don't honor their words at all! They even have a different price at the contract than the verbal price and when you complain they say why you didn't read? I dont want to call them names but what do you guys call someone who tell you the car is 10K ok? Ok lets sign the contract and then the contract says it is 14K? Anyways, I really believe in Karma and I'm sure what goes around comes around.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I went to Planet Honda to finance a CRV. I was told that there is a lease to own program that will be a better choice for me if I'm buying the car at the end. I didn't do any research about leasing because I had no intention to lease. Anyways the salesman did the math for me and told me, "Here are the numbers," and then he asked if I would like any additional coverage, I said no but he marked YES on all the paperwork anyways.

When you go to meet the finance lol that's a battle!! They first give you tons of paper to sign and try to rush you to sign. I told him I just need to make sure I'm signing the right papers and he got so mad and he said, "I have other customers to help, you are not the only one in the world who is buying a car." And I found he added 9 K of additional coverages that I said NO to. 9K!!! So I told him that, "I already have told you that I don't want the additional coverage," and he said "that for your own good my friend"!! REALLY? You are treating me like my dad now? So you pay for it. OMG then I said, "I'm not signing. I don't want the optional additional coverage," and he got so pissed. He said "you mentioned you are a student physician, I doubt it because you are not that smart." WHATTT? Guys that place is just a complete scam. Just go somewhere else and remember the attorney general has sued them before for scamming their customers.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Buying a car that involves tens of thousands of dollars is generally not an easy experience. When one going to Dealer, hopes are that you getting more educated so that a better decision can be made. But experience with Planet Honda was bitter. In fact, someone already made me aware of this, but I just ignored that. The salespeople (at least the one I dealt with), the only agenda was - "tell the price you want, if that can be done we will talk further but do not want to talk anything else. I have no interest in understanding your situation, providing more details". Worse, before leaving, when asked to meet the sale rep whom we originally talked, was rejected. When asked to meet the manager, it started becoming rude. Finally met the "manager", which we believe (no way to confirm) was just a friend with same intentions.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

This is my second car from Planet Honda. Steve went above and beyond trying to accommodate my crazy kids (the cafe and kids room helped with that!) They have so many cars there. All of our financing options were thoroughly explained since we went there undecided as to whether we were buying or leasing. The finance guy was helpful with the bank paperwork. He was patient and helpful with my annoying question after question. We drove home that day with a beautiful new Odyssey with all the bells and whistles my kids love. They also have someone to help explain all of the new options and tech features the cars have that are confusing and this made it so easy! I highly recommend Steve and the team at Planet.

Planet Honda Company Information