Auto Expo

Great Neck, NY

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Getting Auto Expo was convenient. They had good prices and good customer service. Also, I received good value for my trade-in. Everything went very smooth and it was my fastest car buying experience. I walked in at 3:30 and I walked out with my new car at 6:00.

My friend said Auto Expo was pretty good, so I got a car through them. The sales team didn't give me the actual price of the car until the other bank called and told me. It was $13,500 but this went up to more. With the 72 months applied to it, I'm paying over $13,500. But that was the only issue. I wasn't surprised at $13,500, so I'll recommend them. I'll wait the 12 months to trade it to something.

When I was shopping around for a car that was in-stock and available, someone mentioned that they went to Auto Expo before and that it was an okay place to do business with. So I did a trade-in with them, but I double checked the value online so I knew they weren't ripping me. The numbers were pretty close, so I felt that the value of that trade-in was fine. I also looked at other cars before I made a final decision. When I was at their location, they were very busy and yet they worked with me. Their sales rep has been knowledgeable about the car and it took just a couple of hours for everything to be processed.

Although when I was with the car, it was pretty late in the day and apparently, the system shut down while they were getting my paperwork so they said they would email it to me. But it’s way too long for them to get my paperwork to me. They should have gotten to me the next day instead of a few weeks later. But other than that, the whole experience has been fine.

I've bought from Auto Expo twice before. This time I went with the ML350 Benz. I had a BMW and then decided that I needed to trade it. I like it, but it's a lot of expense. When I bought it, the mileage was over 50, so there was no warranty on it. This time with the ML350 Benz, I bought coverage for it. Financing the car was very fast and easy maybe because I traded in my car. The salesman and the people there were very nice and helpful.

The Mercedes E350 2014 model that I got from Auto Expo is in great condition. Alfonso, the rep who helped me out, was very helpful, very nice and calm. He took the time out to work with me and made me feel I’m welcome. They were nice and polite. Also, the financing has been an easy and fast process. Before I bought the car, I started it to check it out. I got to test drive it as well. I had a great time at Auto Expo and have told people about it.

My friend told me that Auto Expo was good, and that they get the job done. So I bought a car from them on my birthday, February 14. But within the first week, I had to get the car serviced. And then I had to bring it back because the brakes are squeaking and are still squeaky. I feel I got overcharged, and the car is not worth this. The car has scratches on it. I asked them if they were gonna fix the scratches, but they said no. So I had to pay out of my own money to fix the scratches. I thought that the car at least come in mint condition and I didn’t even see the car before purchasing it. I've never even drove the car and nobody offered me to test drive. When I asked for test drive, they said we still have to wait. And then they said that I got the car and permitted to fix the car because I was happy.

The day I got the car, I was there from 10:00 o’clock until 7:00 o’clock at night. So I spent my whole birthday with them, and it was just a horrible experience. The sales rep did good and explained everything well to me, but it was hard for me to understand because I was under a lot of pressure, and I was overwhelmed for being there for so long. And the times that I call him, he can't pick up for me. He told me that he was gonna give me $600 for something. And then he had me wait over a month to get the money. So I regret buying this car. It gives me so many problems. And even when I call the other Auto Expo, the guys who fixed the car told me that the squeaking brakes are normal. They just don’t want to fix it, and they're lazy. I called back asking if I could bring the car back, saying I don’t want it, but they said it's too late.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Auto Expo?

My friend bought a car from Auto Expo that's why I heard about them. I feel that the value, as well as the condition of the car I purchased from them, is good. There was a large scratch on it but their guy said, "Don't worry. Come anytime then I'll take care of the scratch." Everything is good.

Auto Expo was referred to me by a friend so I went to purchase a Mercedes 300 C Class. Everybody went beyond to help make everything go well. The customer service was good and the people's attitudes were great. They were very polite and the car place where you go to sit and wait was very clean. The cars were also clean and decent. The financing department went over the paperwork. The rep explained everything to me thoroughly then I signed up and gave a deposit on the car then paid the insurance with that much info. Other than that it was good. Also, if you ask something, the answer was there for you. It was excellent and I'd refer them to someone else again.

I saw the car that I wanted and went to Auto Expo. The experience went well. They detailed my car and it looks great. They didn’t have to do that so that was nice. The sales person was very honest and everybody was professional. However, I was supposed to get the Amex and gas cards. I sent them information and told them about it, my husband even went in there but we never got it.

Auto Expo was very persistent. I went there about twice before and I didn't get approved. But, they kept on calling, trying to work with me, until they finally got me a 2013 BMW 335. It's a convertible and it's very nice. I first took an application, filled it out, got it fully signed, sent the details to my ales rep, Steven and he took it from there. He was very good, kept me updated, and let me know what my application status was like. After I went there twice, he called me and said, "Hey, man, you're good, so come in." So, I went there by 6:00 and got out by 8:00. The payment arrangement was all right and so I started recommending them already.

I loved my experience with Auto Expo. I was with another dealership about four years ago. I had been with that dealership for a long period of time and I was paying way more than I should have paid for the price that I got the car for. Auto Expo made sure I was happy with the job that they were doing for me and satisfied with the vehicle that I bought from them. Their team was professional and well-appreciated. I have no complaints about them. At first, I was trying to do trade in the car that I was paying too much for. But they told me that basically it wasn't worth the final price. They worked with me with no money down. They have someone else buying that car that took over the payments for it, and I bought the new car from them. I would definitely recommend Auto Expo.

I was on cars.com, and I came across a car that I liked. I went to the inventory and was shopping around for cars, and when I went in, I spoke with an agent there. The guy that I met at Auto Expo made me feel comfortable and was going over everything with me in-depth to better fit my financial plan. They made me feel at home. They cared about my best interest as well as making a sale, so it was good for each party. I purchased a new vehicle and the value is good, while the condition is great. The car is fairly new in the inside. The interior is very clean too. The financing department was nice and the agent that was helping me did a really good job and exceeded my expectation. Everything went smoothly with Auto Expo and I highly recommend them.

The first time I heard about Auto Expo was through my cousin. I told him that I wanted a car so he did some research online and he said that Auto Expo has one in the area. They were nice people and they seemed like they wanted to sell a car. But I wish they would have paid more attention to me when I need something. Before I purchased a car, I called them and they said I had to put in a $1,000 deposit first because they didn't have the specific car that I wanted. So I put a $1,000 down and they gave me a period of time for them to get it. If they don't get it at that time period, they will give me my $1,000 back.

They didn't get it so I had to call them constantly to get my $1,000 back which took a couple of months. Then, once I got it, they called me back because they have the car. The value and the condition are okay. It's worth it for the price that I bought it for, but the only thing is that these people didn't want to negotiate with me with the coverage so I don't have coverage on the car.

I went with Auto Expo due to the BMW 335 that caught my attention. I made the correct choice. I spoke with Sam. He was my salesperson, and then I spoke to Ronnie who was the financial manager. I had a bunch of questions regarding the car and he answered everything. Everything went smoothly. The process took an hour. Overall, it was a great experience. I was nervous because that was my first car loan, but they helped me get through it.

Auto Expo was referred to me by a friend. We also checked out other auto dealerships, but their cars were expensive, and that's why I went with Auto Expo. I like the car that they sold to me. Its value and condition were great. So, it was not a bad experience. I was dealing with Dianna and Yuri, and these sales reps helped me, step-by-step, through the whole process. They're good people. I knew what I wanted when I went in. Although this car isn't new one, it was perfect. It was good, as well, with the Finance Department. I spoke to Ronnie and he also helped me throughout the whole step. The financing process was easy and most of it was quick, even if I had some questions. They worked with me. If I can't get what I really need, they will try to help me out regardless, and see what I can get.

It was a great experience with Auto Expo. It was fast and efficient. I enjoyed everything.

I had a good experience with Auto Expo. They had the vehicle that I was looking for and the value and condition of the vehicle were excellent. The sales reps were knowledgeable and helpful, as well.

Back in 2013 I purchased a car from Auto Expo and that went really well. I kept that and eventually passed it down to someone else. So in purchasing the new car I said I'd go back to Auto Expo. So I did and it went really good. I drove a rental car over there and was able to pick up, finalize and drive my new car home. They were kind enough to take the rental back for me, so that was really good. My issue started a few days later when I realized that my car had weird sound coming from it. I immediately told them that I think it was the tires. So they scheduled me to come into their service center a week later.

I went in a week later but due to the holiday, they were booked and they weren’t available as much. I went a week later, they looked at it and they told me it was a hub assembly. So, they changed the hub assembly. But in driving home, I kept hearing the noise again. I called back and told them that and that I would get a second opinion. I took it to Audi and Audi told me that all four of my rims were bent, my tires were all bad, I had a broken control arm and a sensor was hanging out of the bottom and it’s leaking grease.

Audi was quoting me $3,500 to get it all fixed. I immediately called Auto Expo and told them what was going on. Their rep said not to pay for it because they won't reimburse me and I need to bring to them and they'll fix it for me. So I did that because I didn’t want to have to pay. I’m paying $35,000 for the car and I figure I want to be happy with my purchase since it was only two weeks. I got another appointment to take it in. They told me to bring it in the morning and they'll have it ready by the afternoon. I did and because I live so far, I stayed over there but no one called me. When I called back, they said they haven’t looked at it yet and that it’ll be ready by tomorrow. So I have to find public transportation to take me back, take another day off work and go back the next day to pick it up.

After some fighting and back and forth with them, they gave me a courtesy car and they had the car for about two weeks. They said they fixed the control arm and the bent rims, but I would have to pay them for the tires. I said they sold me the car with bad tires and they said, "Well it’s on the warranty." So that was the big back and forth. Had it not been for the bad tires, I wouldn’t have found out about the bent control arm and the leaking grease. But the bad tires was because the tires had bubbles on the bottom. So as I'm driving I hear the bubbles on the road.

Finally, someone told me that Auto Expo will pay for two tires and I will pay for the other two. I said, “Okay. If that’s all I can get then that’s fine.” Even though I was sold a car with bad tires. Then when I got a call from one of their rep, he said they have four almost perfect used tires and they can put them on for me for free. I said okay and we scheduled an appointment. I drove in to get the four used tires only to be duped and put only two used tires. So I went ahead and just bought new tires on my own and put it on. It was horrible and all this happened in the first month of me getting the car.

I felt betrayed because I’ve talked highly of them. In fact, I’ve taken business over there and at this point I don’t I want anything to do with them. I’m not going to do my servicing there either because I don’t trust what they say. It should have been a great car and I’m paying $30,000 plus for it and I want to be happy with it but I felt like I just want to give it back. It was such a headache. On the first month alone I was there five times and since I got the car in November, the longest I’ve had it with me is two weeks without having to go back to them for something and all the extra that I have to spend going back and forth with them. And it’s three hours from there with public transportation.

I have the car now. I just hope that everything else is fine with the car. And it’s interesting, because they lose business like this. I had a friend who took me there the first time and he was looking for a car. So we spoke with them and we were supposed to go to the dealership, but he kept asking me what’s going on with my car and when I told him, he decided not to deal with them anymore.

The other interesting thing is, when I purchased my old car in 2013, that car had bad tires on it too. They do not have bubbles, but the tread was all gone on it. And while driving, that’s when I realized that the treads were bad on the tires. But when I told them about it, my sales person said they forgot to change them. He then brought me in and he changed all four, so that went good. So when I purchased this new car the first thing I asked was if the tires are new. I was told they’re not, but they’re really good. We looked at them and they looked really good, but because they have been worn and the bubbles are on the inside and on the top, no one can see it that well.

The car buying experience went well, but taking care of their patrons after that was definitely not good. I’m disappointed really. It even got to the point where I contacted a lawyer and they told me to see what happens further and take it from there. I still haven’t got any proof that they straightened the rims on the car and fixed the control arm. I have been pressuring them to send me all of the receipts for the stuff they said they did. I called their shop and the manager told me that she sent it to the dealership and they were going to send it to me.

I guess I’ll have to pay Audi again to check everything and see what’s going on. I need to be sure that they did what they said they fixed. I just want it to be over. Everything in the year started good and I’m happy that I got a new car. I just wish I didn’t have to go through everything that I went through. At this point I see things going smoothly. The car runs fine now and, from here on out I just hope there isn’t anything else that they didn’t tell me.

My experience with Auto Expo was all right. I just went there and purchased a car and so far, the car that I got was good. Their sales rep was a doll however, their Financing Department wanted security so the process took time.

I bought a car from Auto Expo and the car I got is in good condition. People ask me where I got my car from and I always tell them that I got it from Auto Expo. The sales representative, named Diane, was excellent too. Also, everyone at the Financing Department made the purchasing process easy. So I had no problems. Auto Expo was good.

I had a great experience with Auto Expo. Their reps were knowledgeable. I got a new vehicle from them and I like it, but they didn’t tell me about how much when I repaid the month. Also, I still have not gotten my title. I am yet to contact them about it.

Auto Expo had the car I wanted. There was a little damage on the side, but it's in good condition. They have the same bait-and-switch tactics like anywhere else but they got the price to where I wanted it. I'm satisfied with my Auto Expo experience.

Factual basis uncertain

A friend of mine bought a car from Auto Expo. I also traded in a vehicle with them and I'm very dissatisfied and I don't feel comfortable with the car I received. I wouldn't recommend anybody to go there.

I literally found Auto Expo online and they had the car that I wanted. My salesman, Moe, was fantastic. He was wonderful and I had a great time with him. Everything made sense except the actual financial piece of it. It's a BMW and it's in good condition. But, my car didn't have the right floor mat which was $150 for that type of vehicle. Then there's a problem with one of the cameras on the car which wasn't covered by the New York State Lemon Laws. I ended up paying $15 extra out of pocket. Overall, not that happy. I really love the car, but I definitely overpaid for it.

They didn't really mention to me their hidden fees until after I had gotten home. Then they slapped on $2000 just to do my paperwork and I wasn't too happy about that. I didn't understand it because there wasn't an itemized list on it, and then I would've figured that out and called them out if I had taken the time to sit down and really look through it. I wouldn't recommend someone to go to that dealership.

It wasn't really their fault. It would have been taken care of if I had stayed there long enough to look through all that stuff. But even after the fact, they wouldn't call BMW dealership back to get my camera fixed. Then they wouldn't answer my phone calls and my emails. It was absolutely aggravating when I can't get a hold of anybody and there was no communication. This is the third BMW I bought and all other dealerships I've had took care of everything if there was something wrong with it. They told me to take to a BMW dealership to get it fixed, but they didn't tell me that I have to pay $500 out of pocket for that.

When I Googled for sales on Range Rovers, Auto Expo came up. They were the only ones that had the blue Range Rover that I was looking for so I contacted them. Dianna, their sales rep, was good. The car's value and condition were perfect. Everything was nice and I would want my mom to get her car from Auto Expo, too.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

I purchased a car from Auto Expo 3 weeks ago. The car salesman Max was friendly and kind. However, after getting the paperwork signed I was directed to higher management. At that point is where it all went downhill. After purchasing the car, I was promised new tires because the front tires were bald and unsafe. I was told to come back to get new tires. I purchased a 535 bmw which comes with run flats. They tried to give me 2 of the cheapest tires to go in the front and left runflats in the back which is not supposed to be done. I explained to them that this is not good for the car and it can damage the car if the tires are not the same.

Furthermore, they told me to go to their service center in new hyde park in which they took used tires off another bmw 535 that had uneven tread and put those tires on my car. Those tires they put on was bad and made the steering wheel shake. I called them several times after that to let them know that those tires were bad but they ignored my calls. If you're going to purchase a car from this place make sure you get everything in writing. They are not honest people. Ronnie is the supervisor and does not have a care in the world about honesty, promises, and customer satisfaction or service. Do not deal with him. They said they would give me new tires and didnt do it and I still want it done. Good luck with this company and make sure you get everything in writing once again before you sign paperwork. Horrible customer service from management.

I did an online search for the car that I wanted through my company and Auto Expo came up as one of the dealers carrying it, so I purchased from them. The value and the condition of the car were fair enough. But I am yet to receive my statement for the loan from the finance department and finance-wise, it was an okay experience. The lady who dealt with me was absolutely great and quite efficient during the whole process. I was happy with the sales service and I’d definitely recommend it to a friend.

I was looking online when I was trying to get a new car and I passed by one of Auto Expo’s car and their car really sold me. From the beginning, I was trying to trade a vehicle, but I did a voluntary return which I didn’t know I was doing. So it’s messing me up right now and that’s what I’m dealing with now. So far, the car is perfectly fine and everybody was nice and pleasant.

Auto Expo's price was affordable to me. Their sales rep and financing department were good, too. The value of the car was okay but the payment that they put on the web was a bit lower. After I purchased it, the breakdown of the payment price was high.

I like the salesperson. He was great and he impressed me that's why I bought from Auto Expo. However, I didn't get much from my trade in and I don't like the payment plan.

I checked the car I wanted on the internet and saw the price. I called Auto Expo and I liked their price. I was going to trade a vehicle but it wasn't possible to do that so I had to buy instead. Auto Expo made it easy for me to have the car. However, I don't feel very good about the car's condition. The car is leaking water. Every time it rains, water gets inside the hood of the car. I've been calling Auto Expo to fix it but they never did. I'm thinking of leaving the car over there and not paying for it. They are good when you're buying a car but if the car has a problem, they don't take care of it.

Auto Expo Company Profile