Find a Car Dealerships partner

Great Neck, NY

4.1/5 (169 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Auto Expo

Auto Expo sells pre-owned vehicles of all makes and models and focuses on providing excellent customer service. The company was established in 1999.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Auto Expo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Auto Expo?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Auto Expo?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I called a few weeks ago and spoke with Steven about a 2014 BMW 335i M Sport. I gave him the stock # and described in detail the interior of the vehicle I called about so there would be no confusion (I must have the burled wood trim) and asked him to come to an agreement with me re a final price since I live in NC and can't stop in to do so. He stated he could not talk numbers over the phone and he could not run my credit in advance either, I had to come in (Bianca stated this also). I was stunned and asked him how he expected me to fly (or drive over 8 hrs) to purchase the vehicle with no clue as to what I'd actually be paying OR what interest rate I'd be offered.

He responded that's what everyone does but I shouldn't worry because he'd make sure I left happy and in the car I wanted and since he deals with 120 banks I'd be happy with my rate. So me and a friend purchase 2 tickets to NY for the SOLE purpose of me buying this car. Then yesterday when we arrived they bring around a car that... wait for it... isn't the car I came for. The interior is different (chrome/silver trim instead of burled wood) and so is the exterior trim. I point this out and assume the wrong car was brought around accidentally but no such luck. Steven takes us inside (as he calls someone on his cell and speaks in a different language) and says repeatedly he doesn't see what the problem is, it's the same car except for the trim.

I sit there in astonishment and explain it's NOT the same car BECAUSE of the trim yet he looks at me like I'm growing 3 heads in front of him. Told me in a sarcastic tone that "People come and go here all day long" (insinuating I'm irrelevant and can leave) before retrieving someone in charge who passed the buck to the people posting the cars on the sites. I could tell by Steven's attitude & demeanor he had done this with intent and had counted on me just purchasing another similar car when the one I flew in for wasn't available. The manager asked if I wanted to purchase the car and when I stated I did not he shrugged his shoulders like "Oh well, I guess we're done here" and said they'd refund the $500 deposit I'd made to hold the car on Monday (today).

People PLEASE don't deal with this establishment, as I type this there are THREE white BMW 335i M Sports cars posted on their site with the EXACT same interior photos (& some identical exterior photos). You can tell all 3 cars have the photos of ONE car b/c there's a spill on the back seat in the same spot on every one of them. These shady people just costed me over $650 (& my friend $180) and they acted like it was just another day at the office for them.

Auto Expo response

Good Afternoon Alisha,

I speak for the entire dealership staff when I express how sorry we are to hear that you are not completely satisfied with your recent car shopping experience here ate Auto Expo. Our dealership is committed to providing an exceptional buying experience, every time, and that always begins with great customer service.

The confusion that occurred stems from the fact that we have been phasing in improvements to our website, and we have been working intently with our webmaster to ensure that glitches have all been cleared up. If you visit our site today, you will see many changes to the car details page. During the transition to the new site platform, we had cars showing up that shouldn't and cars that should were absent. These issues were systemic, and affected referral sites like eBay, Truecar, and CarGurus. To add to the confusion, we had an intern who uploaded the images incorrectly. This error was corrected within 48 hours, however. Not that you or our circumstance should be minimized in any way, but we felt obliged to share these circumstances with you candidly so that you understand more fully that we in no manner, shape or form had any intention of misleading you or any other prospective customer.

We have tried to contact you but to no avail. Auto Expo was completely unaware of the problem until you pointed it out. Everything was corrected shortly after your visit, thank you again for bringing it to our attention.

The sales team gave you the information they believed was accurate. Our previous experience has allowed to rely on the information provided on the website with the knowledge the information provided was never more than 1 business day old.We have recently instituted a requirement, due in no small part to your particular situation, to require our sales team do a virtual walk throughs for out-of-towners using Facetime or Google hangouts to show customers the EXACT VEHICLE EQUIPMENT without having to drive a long distance. We have done a few, and they have received incredibly positive feedback.

We would again like to express our deepest regret for the circumstances surrounding your "less than perfect' experience here at Auto Expo. Please let me know what I can do personally to enrich your experience here at Auto Expo. We are confident that can get the vehicle you want if you would only contact us. If we succeed in convincing you to give us the opportunity to serve you, we will happily reimburse you for travel expenses for your return trip to our dealership.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss the details further. We look forward to serving you and regaining your trust and confidence.

Regards,

Scott Silver | Marketing Director
46 Northern Blvd. Great Neck, NY 11021

Office/Fax | 516.539.3260 | www.autoexpo4.com | Scott@autoexpo1.com

Original review: May 5, 2017

My friend said Auto Expo was pretty good, so I got a car through them. The sales team didn't give me the actual price of the car until the other bank called and told me. It was $13,500 but this went up to more. With the 72 months applied to it, I'm paying over $13,500. But that was the only issue. I wasn't surprised at $13,500, so I'll recommend them. I'll wait the 12 months to trade it to something.

Original review: April 29, 2017

When I was shopping around for a car that was in-stock and available, someone mentioned that they went to Auto Expo before and that it was an okay place to do business with. So I did a trade-in with them, but I double checked the value online so I knew they weren't ripping me. The numbers were pretty close, so I felt that the value of that trade-in was fine. I also looked at other cars before I made a final decision. When I was at their location, they were very busy and yet they worked with me. Their sales rep has been knowledgeable about the car and it took just a couple of hours for everything to be processed.

Although when I was with the car, it was pretty late in the day and apparently, the system shut down while they were getting my paperwork so they said they would email it to me. But it’s way too long for them to get my paperwork to me. They should have gotten to me the next day instead of a few weeks later. But other than that, the whole experience has been fine.

Original review: April 25, 2017

I've bought from Auto Expo twice before. This time I went with the ML350 Benz. I had a BMW and then decided that I needed to trade it. I like it, but it's a lot of expense. When I bought it, the mileage was over 50, so there was no warranty on it. This time with the ML350 Benz, I bought coverage for it. Financing the car was very fast and easy maybe because I traded in my car. The salesman and the people there were very nice and helpful.

Auto Expo response

Thank you for the positive review. Sorry for the late response but we just got access to this to respond to. Enjoy your new car.

Original review: April 22, 2017

The Mercedes E350 2014 model that I got from Auto Expo is in great condition. Alfonso, the rep who helped me out, was very helpful, very nice and calm. He took the time out to work with me and made me feel I’m welcome. They were nice and polite. Also, the financing has been an easy and fast process. Before I bought the car, I started it to check it out. I got to test drive it as well. I had a great time at Auto Expo and have told people about it.

Original review: April 15, 2017

My friend told me that Auto Expo was good, and that they get the job done. So I bought a car from them on my birthday, February 14. But within the first week, I had to get the car serviced. And then I had to bring it back because the brakes are squeaking and are still squeaky. I feel I got overcharged, and the car is not worth this. The car has scratches on it. I asked them if they were gonna fix the scratches, but they said no. So I had to pay out of my own money to fix the scratches. I thought that the car at least come in mint condition and I didn’t even see the car before purchasing it. I've never even drove the car and nobody offered me to test drive. When I asked for test drive, they said we still have to wait. And then they said that I got the car and permitted to fix the car because I was happy.

The day I got the car, I was there from 10:00 o’clock until 7:00 o’clock at night. So I spent my whole birthday with them, and it was just a horrible experience. The sales rep did good and explained everything well to me, but it was hard for me to understand because I was under a lot of pressure, and I was overwhelmed for being there for so long. And the times that I call him, he can't pick up for me. He told me that he was gonna give me $600 for something. And then he had me wait over a month to get the money. So I regret buying this car. It gives me so many problems. And even when I call the other Auto Expo, the guys who fixed the car told me that the squeaking brakes are normal. They just don’t want to fix it, and they're lazy. I called back asking if I could bring the car back, saying I don’t want it, but they said it's too late.

Original review: April 13, 2017

My friend bought a car from Auto Expo that's why I heard about them. I feel that the value, as well as the condition of the car I purchased from them, is good. There was a large scratch on it but their guy said, "Don't worry. Come anytime then I'll take care of the scratch." Everything is good.

Original review: April 12, 2017

Auto Expo was referred to me by a friend so I went to purchase a Mercedes 300 C Class. Everybody went beyond to help make everything go well. The customer service was good and the people's attitudes were great. They were very polite and the car place where you go to sit and wait was very clean. The cars were also clean and decent. The financing department went over the paperwork. The rep explained everything to me thoroughly then I signed up and gave a deposit on the car then paid the insurance with that much info. Other than that it was good. Also, if you ask something, the answer was there for you. It was excellent and I'd refer them to someone else again.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I saw the car that I wanted and went to Auto Expo. The experience went well. They detailed my car and it looks great. They didn’t have to do that so that was nice. The sales person was very honest and everybody was professional. However, I was supposed to get the Amex and gas cards. I sent them information and told them about it, my husband even went in there but we never got it.

Original review: April 7, 2017

Auto Expo was very persistent. I went there about twice before and I didn't get approved. But, they kept on calling, trying to work with me, until they finally got me a 2013 BMW 335. It's a convertible and it's very nice. I first took an application, filled it out, got it fully signed, sent the details to my ales rep, Steven and he took it from there. He was very good, kept me updated, and let me know what my application status was like. After I went there twice, he called me and said, "Hey, man, you're good, so come in." So, I went there by 6:00 and got out by 8:00. The payment arrangement was all right and so I started recommending them already.

Auto Expo Company Information