Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.09/5

West Islip, NY

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

59 Atlantic Auto Mall Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 21, 2019

They took complete advantage of my wife today by recommending unnecessary and costly service to our 2018 Hyundai Ioniq which has fewer than 7500 miles. The only service that should have been performed was an oil and filter change and a New York State Inspection. The NY State inspection fee for a one-year old vehicle is $10. I don’t know what they charge for an oil change, but the recommended service had a price tag of $389.95. According to Hyundai’s own recommendations for this vehicle, the following should be performed at 7500 miles: Inspect air filter, Inspect HSG belt, Inspect vacuum hose, replace engine oil and filter, rotate tires.

They are running a TOTAL SCAM and taking advantage of people who are unsure about car service requirements. Although the final bill, after my vehement complaint by phone, was $265.81, that is still at least $200 more than was necessary. I intend to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, with Hyundai Corporate and with any other entities that may have jurisdiction in such matters. I will also broadcast this scam practice all over the internet. Oh, and thank you for the “complementary car wash.” I suppose that‘s how you justify “hosing” people in person.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I leased a 2013 Hyundai Elantra Coupe from here in August 2018. The tires didn't look good and the gauge was on for the passenger rear tire when I first drove the car off the lot. I was never informed that not only were the tires not in the best shape, but they were bald. It was only after having my oil changed at another location that I was informed and shown (while car was up on a lift), that all 4 tires were bald. I got a flat on the passenger rear tire on my way home from work (even after putting air in it several times).

I was lucky to be near a Hyundai location and they put my spare on for me. I just spent $461 on 4 new tires at another location (All Weather Tires in Huntington), and I am livid. When I tried contacting Atlantic Hyundai in West Islip to speak to them about the tire situation, no one got back to me. In my opinion, this is dishonest and immoral sales transactions. I am never doing business with the Atlantic Auto Mall in West Islip again! I'm so disappointed and angry!!!

Get expert buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I've been dealing with Atlantic Hyundai since my 20s and as their mechanic department they do a great job. But the salespeople lie to you. They got over me I would say 3 big times. Very disappointed with the salespeople.

Original review: March 3, 2018

If this dealership was giving away cars I wouldn't take one. We purchased a new car there in early November 2018. Before the sale was made both the salesman and the finance manager were told we wanted no extras, including maintenance, warranties, undercoating, etc. There were many papers rapidly given out with encouragement to sign one after another quickly. It then took 4 days to get copies of these contracts. According to the person who sold us the car, he was not trusted to give these to us, or they were in the mail, or they were lost, etc, etc. When we finally saw them and had time to review the sales contract, we noted an added warranty charge of $3470 and maintenance charge of $1460.

The charges for these items were already added to our loan agreement and Atlantic had received this amount from their financing department. We then spent the next 4 hours filling out paperwork to cancel these items. It is now March 3rd and we are still waiting for this problem to be resolved. We have spent countless hours on the phone and mailing, faxing information with Hyundai financing, customer service, Consumer Affairs, and Atlantic, among others in an attempt to have these items cancelled and almost $5000 removed from our loan balance. These attempts have been met with, being spoken to by Atlantic, as if we are ignorant children, hung up on and lied to. We have been told multiple times that cancellation of these policies have been submitted to the appropriate agency.

The finishing touch is that when we tried to cancel these policies ourselves, we were told that an application for same was never even submitted. Obviously, it's not possible to cancel something that never existed in the first place. So we were sold something we didn't want, paid for it and it doesn't exist anyway. How's that for irony/criminal?? It appears that their goal is to wait it out till we give up. This disgrace should never have happened and continues after 4 months. If you value your sanity, don't even think of doing business with this Atlantic.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Atlantic Auto Mall never had a great reputation but there were sales people there that I could trust not to rip off people I sent them and so I sent them a lot of friends and family and they were very happy with the deals they got. After their GM sadly passed away, the store seemed to have become a freak show. People I recommended told me not to ever recommend that place to anyone. So after well over 100 people I sent them, I stopped until I could see for my own eyes what was going on and how were buyers treated?

I found a nice car for my mother-in-law on Cars.com that had an ad and read that a 2016 Tucson Sport with 12k miles was on sale for $17,988 but under Details it had the following... The Internet Price is reflective after 1995 down (I wonder if they left the $ sign out on purpose?). Subject to primary lenders approval. All prices exclude tax, title, $695 dealer fee Which I did not see until after I test drove the car and my payment went from under $300 for 60 months to $370 for 72 months. So is the price of the vehicle $18,000 or $20,000? I wasted 3 hours of my life, if I had seen the Details part, I would've gone elsewhere. Just shrewd and underhanded. How many people do they actually get over on? One out 15? And how many leave there saying “I will never come back.” like I said, like I never will, and never recommend anyone again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantic Auto Mall?

Original review: July 23, 2017

Read the complaints filed against them at ConsumerAffairs.com, on the Better Business Bureau website (newyork.bbb.org), and the class action lawsuit against Atlantic Auto Group that was settled in 2015. This dealership is the worst! DO NOT BUY A VEHICLE FROM THIS DEALERSHIP no matter how good you think the vehicle is and do not buy the service contract, which cost $4,000 for a 36 month period or 36,000 miles whichever comes first. The vehicles are way overpriced and the warranty covers nothing and is a total rip off. We paid $4,000 over book value on the purchase price.

The finance department is a bunch of liars and so are the salespeople! The service contract was not given to us at the time of purchase. We finally got it about 4 months later after several visits to the dealership and phone calls to them. The truck my husband bought had so many problems when he bought it and they promised "To fix it all or they would be covered under the warranty." Recently found out the block was cracked due to a broken bolt, the manifold leaked and the warranty did not cover it.

To date, it has cost us $3,766 to get fixed and now there is a leak on the other side of the manifold. We have written several letters and called numerous times. We have written 4 letters to Atlantic Nissan with no response from them. We want a refund of the $4,000 paid for the service contract and refund for the repairs which cost $3,766 to date and continuing. We will update this when we find out what the additional work will cost. We will also be filing complaints with Better Business Bureau and NYS Dept. of Financial Services and filing a lawsuit if necessary!

Original review: June 17, 2017

8 hours to lease car!!! Now back for minor tire issue. They said it would not take long. Here 2 hrs already. Went to find out status. Then they tell me there was a recall!!! What!!! First I'm hearing this and nice of them to tell me. This is the worst place to buy, lease or have a car serviced. Stay away unless you have plenty of time to waste... Want lousy service and not provided with updates. Look for them in my upcoming book FED UP!

Original review: April 17, 2017

I unfortunately had my Kia breakdown and it was unrepairable so I went to Atlantic auto mall for a car. I was thrown into a Nissan Rogue which I didn't want but had no choice because as my Kia was broken down I had no way to leave the dealership. They put me in with the worst loan company known on the planet with a HUGE interest rate and come to find out 4 years later when I finally traded in the Nissan that they added on a service contract without my knowledge or approval.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

The 2 times I had the "pleasure" of browsing for cars in Atlantic Auto Mall they tried to scam me. The first time I left a check for a deposit (pressured by salesman and manager) and told them I had to sleep on it. They agreed they would not cash the check. They would hold it and I would be back the next day. Lo and behold the next day I called and cancelled the order and told them I would be coming down to pick up the check and guess what? They deposited it. So it cost me money to put a stop payment on the check.

A few years later I saw a used car online that I called about. I spoke to a girl on the phone and offered her a price. She assured me that that we would be able to make a deal with my offer. I go down and test drive the car. Seems good. So I sit down to work out the deal and they put the full asking price on the invoice. I tell them about my conversation with the girl, they pretend they don't know who I'm talking about. Say the car was 10k online and I offered 9k. Initially they put 10k. Then the salesmen goes and speaks to his manager and he comes back and shakes my hand and says "I got the deal for you." I'm excited the car was nice, but then I looked over the invoice and the car was now 9k and a few lines down they added some dealer prep charge for $1,250. So now they make it like they are giving me a good deal but are trying to charge me more.

I walked out and told them I'd never buy a car from any Atlantic auto dealer ever again, not Chevy across the street, not Audi, not Toyota. They are all crooks!! I can only imagine people getting taken for a ride when leasing with these crooks. They would probably be talking payment amount and yet you're probably being charged full MSRP+ and 25% interest. Beware - You were warned.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

August I purchased a certified pre-owned 2010 Tucson. After having family come up to visit we discovered that in the backseat one of the seat belts had been cut, now mind they inspected the car and it passed! However according to the manual and the state law it's supposed to have seatbelts for everybody sitting in the car. Trying to get it repaired was a nightmare. Over the course of two weeks I spoke to 3 different managers, 6 salespeople, 2 service managers. I was told they had the part, then was told they didn't have the part & they had to be ordered. I asked them to check the remote start with head it on the keychain. When the salesman gave it to me they submitted it in writing that it did not come equipped with one. I had somebody else look at it and not only was it factory installed it was attached to the harness that the security system is linked to.

So after all of this is happened over two weeks. They told me the repair was going to take 2 hours. I had to leave it there for 2 days. After getting the car back I went into the office and submitted paperwork to have both the extended contracts refunded. To date I still haven't seen the credit. I've left three voice mails and an email and haven't gotten any response yet. So now after Consumer Affairs I'm going to be heading to the Better Business Bureau and filing a claim with them. Do yourself a favor and don't even get involved with this company!

Atlantic Auto Mall Company Information