Find a Car Dealerships partner

West Islip, NY

1.1/5 (48 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Atlantic Auto Mall

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Atlantic Auto Mall Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantic Auto Mall?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantic Auto Mall?

Original review: July 14, 2015

These people cheat you and lie about price and warranties. I thought I bought a warranty covering my whole car - it didn't. I was told with less than 2000 mi on my car, I was responsible for the new steering column. It also has a cracked U-joint plus needs an alignment. It sucks because I'm disabled and can't pay for repairs. The service manager Tim ** won't help me and has been nothing but rude. I'm afraid to drive this car as their service person said I could have problems. Stay away from Atlantic dealership in NY.

Original review: June 29, 2015

After taking my car in trade and finalizing our deal I took a new Elantra. One month later I received a bill from previous lease company for $429. When I returned to dealer they promised to make good that was two weeks ago. Person I spoke to was **. I called him but received no call back. Not very trustworthy dealer.

Original review: June 5, 2015

I brought my 2011 Hyundai Tucson in for service because I needed an oil change and inspection done and I heard a clunking noise under the front right tire. I was taken care of by **. I told her what I needed done and I also mentioned that I hear chirping noise under the dashboard when I drive with the windows open. Now keep in mind that I had made an appointment for 9 am and I arrived at 8:20. I wasn't informed of the details on my car until 10:30 and I had to ask ** in order to get the information and I had a doctor's appointment at 11:15.

** informed me that the chirping noise was coming from the struts. I needed all four new tires and I had three bulbs that were out that were mandatory to be replaced because I needed to pass inspection. Also I needed my brake fluid flushed and cleaned. So she recommended that I get the 90,000 mile service since my mileage at the time was at 94,575. I agreed to the service which was $599.95 plus tax. Also I needed all new tires which she said would be around $600. So I agreed. The struts would cost me around $995 and she felt that they would be covered by my extended warranty. Also the brake flush would be around $200. I agreed to the tires and the 90,000 mile service.

So in my mind I'm thinking "ok this is around $1200" so I asked to fill out the CarCredit Card to see if I would be approved. I would do that and then do the extra brake flush which was around $200. ** called me later and informed that my warranty was expired so the struts were not covered. I said ok and I would get the struts later. So work was done, inspection, tires, 90,000 mile service and I got approved for $1200 on the CarCredit Card. So I maxed out the card and planned on paying a little extra about $200 to $300 extra. When I was called to come pick up my car the bill came to $1826.58! I felt that I was ripped off because I did not ask for some of the things in the 90,000 mile service. It was things added on that I did not authorize.

I was very upset and told ** to explain the bill to me. I mentioned that I just got my cabin filter changed and did not want that done and after seeing the manager I got it removed off of my bill. I also had wiper blades added that I did not authorize and a fuel additive! I was VERY upset to see these charges on my bill. I still need to address the wipers because I was so upset that I started to cry because I was furious. When I'm furious, my eyes tear up. I will never give Hyundai My business again because they took advantage of me because of being young and a woman!!! I want some money refunded to me!!! They ended up adjusting my bill because I briefly went through the whole bill and told them to remove things. The final bill was $1758.00. I still need about $300 back because I feel that this was too much for the work that I got done.

Original review: April 2, 2015

So I went to Atlantic Auto Mall for a job interview. Before I even step into the office, mr ** started making fun of my name which is ok because I do have a weird name. But later on, he attack me in the interview with all type of racial slurs. I was offended. He claim he a good guy but this guy needs to be fired. He called me all types of names and laugh, this guys is truly racist. I won't say the rest of the comments he made towards me because I am grown. I can take it but what bothers me the most, he claim he's not racist when I ask him. But the way he'll look at you if you black you'll know that for sure he ain't about to waste his time interviewing you.

Be careful with ATLANTIC AUTO MALL. I have a black friend that work there, he even told me ** is racist and that's how he is with black people. He play it off so you won't noticed, but the comments tell you everything about this ** extremely racist. I'll pray for him. People like him don't deserve such job opportunities, discriminating against others as if he's perfect himself.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

Purchased a used Nissan Altima on Feb 7th. They told us no worries it is certified used. 2 days later couldn't start car. (jump ahead) Went back to dealer a few times that week to be told each time, no one could help today. Took it to our regular mechanic who put it on the diagnostic and come up with a huge list of problems starting with a cracked engine block. Took car back to dealer. They said no problem, will give money back. After all the HOURS of waiting for all the crazy paper work from beginning to end at least 7 hrs total. They cut a check for about $500.00 less I paid.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2015

I spoke to a fellow named Mike on the phone. I told him that I was looking for an off-lease Hyundai suv, but I didn't find one in their inventory. He assured me that if I came in, they would find me a car to my liking, since Atlantic has so many dealers. I made an appointment to see him on Sunday. My wife and I went to the dealer, this man, with which I had an appointment with was nowhere to be found. After 15 minutes or so, the sales manager directed us to another salesman who really didn't seem to have a clue. We checked the lot together and found nothing.

The salesman turned us over to the manager again who tried to sell us a new car. We told him that we weren't interested in a new car, but we were interested in an off-lease vehicle. I asked about the other Atlantic dealers, but he couldn't help us. I told him that we were assured that with so many dealers surely he would have what we wanted. He told us that he could only help us with a new car. What a waste of time. This guy was rude. At any rate, the following week we stopped into a dealer for laughs just to look at a 4 year old Subaru Forester, and guess what, they treated us like royalty. I highly recommend Competition Subaru. Honestly, they are quite affordable, and very well made.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2015

I bring in my Santa Fe for annual NYS inspection. No check engine light is on when I brought it in. I wait 4 hours and they tell me the check engine light is on because of a cam sensor. That seems weird. They tell me to bring the car back in a week. I drive the car home and the car is now bucking and backfiring. I limp into a STS tire center. They find sensors are disconnected. They plug them back in and the check engine light goes out and car runs normally.

The STS does the inspection and puts a sticker on the car. They take pictures of the tampering for me and I include them in a complaint I file with the department of motor vehicles. The guys at STS warn me that nothing ever happens to Atlantic. They have some "in" with DMV since they are owned by New York Auto Giant, a multimillion dollar auto dealer consortium with ties to Sheldon Silver in Albany. I put in my complaint and guess what? The reply says my complaint is without merit, substantiation and if I continue I could be charged with perjury. I figure it not worth it for 35 bucks and a couple hours lost as long as the car now runs and has a valid sticker. I dropped my complaint. I found out every Hyundai dealer on Long Island is owned by New York Auto Giant. Thanks a lot Sheldon. Live and learn.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2015

My husband had leased a 2011 maxima from Atlantic Nissan in west Isip. His lease is up in May. Every other day we get paper work saying, "Turn it in early and we will give you a good deal." On Sunday, January 11, we went in. Our salesman John ** was not in. We spoke to Miguel. We advised that this is what we wanted to put down and what our monthly payment would be. After some haggling we were not any close.

On Monday, January 12th, my husband called John. He spoke to him. Told him what we wanted to be at. He said he would call back. I in the meantime contacted Massapequa Nissan (Fernando). John from Atlantic Nissan called back and said he could do the deal. We had a doctor appointment so we would be there appt. at 3:30. We went spoke to john (deal was agreed to), signed papers, gave 500 deposit, and went to see finance officer. The finance officer was going over everything.

My husband has great credit so we owed 5900.00 to get in this lease. We asked for john to come in. It was not working out. So then he brought a manager in and john and the finance officer. They kind of bullied my husband. Said the deal was on table for a few minutes and then it was over. My husband was very upset said, "Don't squeeze me," and it was getting harsh talking. We cancelled order, got our 500 credit, and walked out. As I said, our lease is up in May.

We then went to Massapequa Nissan. We had been speaking with Fernando all day. He had called and asked how were doing. We told him what happened. He asked us to come to Massapequa (about 30 minutes) and he would get the deal done. We walked out with the deal we said we wanted. Well I am happy to see Fernando got job done. And we drove our new maxima home. Fernando and the whole crew at Massapequa Nissan should be complimented. I WANT TO REITERATE WE HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED AS BAD AS WE WERE IN ATLANTIC. I WOULD NEVER EVER GO THERE NOR WOULD I RECOMMEND. THEY ARE THE MOST HORRIBLE SALES PEOPLE I HAVE EVER MET.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2014

During the first week of December, I saw a 2003 Audi allroad quattro on the website, put a credit card deposit on it on Sat, 12/2/14, with the understanding that certain pictures would be taken of the undercarriage, including the CV boots. The initial salesman, Dave **, was working the next day (Sunday); however, he assured me that John **, finance manager, would get the pictures taken and sent to me as soon as possible. I should expect them in the morning. Of course morning came and went, and I had no response. I contacted the office and he said the pictures were being uploaded even as he was speaking. When I came home that evening to review the pictures, of course they were not there.

Finally I had a salesman assigned to the task who is really up to the challenge. He did a fantastic job. His name is Ricky **. He was awesome! In the meantime, I got their customer service person Danielle ** involved as well by email. She assured me that she would get things done as well as she could. The listed internet price was $11953, not including a $995 "administrative fee" (which in New York is equivalent to extra dealer markup). After negotiating a price of $11,600, which included their $995 fee, original $500 deposit, Ricky told me to bring a check from my bank for $11,100, and we would be out the door with the door. To meet the following Sunday, December 14, and I would drive the car back to Maryland from Long Island. I secured a flight from Dulles to JFK, took the Long Island Railroad out to West Islip and one of the folks let me from the dealership. So far so good!

Come time to hand the check over to the finance guy, he rejected it out right. The suggestion was to stay overnight in the area at a hotel so I can have my bag verify the check in the morning, or go ahead and double contract the car with their financing at a higher financing rate, but I would be able to drive the car home on that day. I told the salesman take me back to the airport, and I flew home without a car. Since then, I found a much better car on eBay for a much lower price from a much better dealer. Maybe it was all worth it, but boy was it a hassle when I was in it. I think they were trying to defraud me out of the extra money based on the low sale price of the car, but I'm not sure it's worth the aggravation of filing a grievance with the lawyer.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2014

My Daughter tried to Purchase her first Car and unfortunately her first Car buying experience was a Nightmare. First, before even acquiring for a Loan she had to pay $1000. Then magically they already had Car selected for her that the Bank would easily approve. What we found out later was that it was a Car that had been on the Lot for a long time already, so they tried to push the Car sale. We asked many times how much total the Car would of cost? The salesman did not know!

My Daughter is 20 years old and short and small. The Car was a 2000 Toyota Avalon (Huge Car). My Daughter could not even see over the steering wheel.

The Car was immediately off the Lot and ready for a Test Drive without consent of my Daughter. Then after a long argument with the Sales Man involving the Finance Manager, there where 2 other Car available.

She found a 2011 Toyota Corolla that she liked. Without telling us the final price, the Paper work was already being processed and the Car made ready to be driven home that following night. After pressing the Sales staff, the Car would of been $23000 Dollars with a Biweekly payment of $283 Dollars for 3 Years!!!!

After canceling the deal but not before needing to talk to the Manager, we are still waiting for our $1000!!! My Daughter now is horrified with going to another Dealer. Be careful - they selling what they need to sell, not what you are planning on buying! Also my Daughter was looking to buy a Car for 6000-7000$, NOT $23000!

Atlantic Auto Mall Company Information