Find a Car Dealerships partner

West Islip, NY

1.1/5 (48 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Atlantic Auto Mall

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Atlantic Auto Mall Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantic Auto Mall?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantic Auto Mall?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

August I purchased a certified pre-owned 2010 Tucson. After having family come up to visit we discovered that in the backseat one of the seat belts had been cut, now mind they inspected the car and it passed! However according to the manual and the state law it's supposed to have seatbelts for everybody sitting in the car. Trying to get it repaired was a nightmare. Over the course of two weeks I spoke to 3 different managers, 6 salespeople, 2 service managers. I was told they had the part, then was told they didn't have the part & they had to be ordered. I asked them to check the remote start with head it on the keychain. When the salesman gave it to me they submitted it in writing that it did not come equipped with one. I had somebody else look at it and not only was it factory installed it was attached to the harness that the security system is linked to.

So after all of this is happened over two weeks. They told me the repair was going to take 2 hours. I had to leave it there for 2 days. After getting the car back I went into the office and submitted paperwork to have both the extended contracts refunded. To date I still haven't seen the credit. I've left three voice mails and an email and haven't gotten any response yet. So now after Consumer Affairs I'm going to be heading to the Better Business Bureau and filing a claim with them. Do yourself a favor and don't even get involved with this company!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2016

I bought a 2007 certified pre-owned Nissan Altima from them in 2011. From the start I should have known that there were going to be issues. Within the first year I had issues when I was driving the car would lag and jerk after I came to a stop then stated to drive and speed up. When I took it to the service center and then the service rep named George told me that it was Normal its the car going from 20 to 40 MPH and sent me out the door.

Then about 8 months later I brought it up again during an oil change and was told that they did a scan and didn't see anything wrong and could not duplicate the issue. Later I brought the car in for a recall issue and while they were fixing that they said I needed a belt fixed and that cost me $170 plus my oil change. When I went to get my car they told me it would be a few minutes after 45 mins - they admitted they were looking for my car and my key. My husband came back up and found my car in 5 minutes - they said the keys were inside. They weren't after another hr. They had to make me a new key and told me I was lucky they could do that. Wow great customer service (EYE ROLL). I was issued a refund for the belt after I complained to the service manager about the issue.

In December 2014 I got a remote start put in the car when they were putting it in they mentioned to me the jerking that the car did I told them what Nissan told me and they said very nicely BRING IT BACK! My husband also drove the car to see what I was talking about and when he went to break the car stated to jerk and slide it wouldn't slow down or stop. I got the car to Nissan ASAP and a very nice man named Anthony (who doesn't work there anymore) took the car gave me a rental and called me the next day to tell me that I needed a new transmission.

2 weeks later I got my car back with a BRAND new transmission. Fast forward to 1/19/16, I went to the dealer when I started to have the same problem with my car that resulted in Nissan changing my transmission last year. My car was still under warranty at the time. They claimed to be unable to replicate the problem (although it appears they failed to run a full diagnostic on the car) and told me to return if it happened again.

On 8/13/16, my transmission ended up failing while I was on a major highway, endangering my safety. The only silver lining is my toddler was not in the car with me. When I tried to have my car properly repaired (for the SAME transmission issue), Nissan Service told me my warranty expired and that I would bear the full cost for a problem they would have covered only a short time before - had they actually properly serviced my car when I brought it in on the night of 1/19/16.

I tried talking to the service manager Tim ** at Atlantic Nissan service department and he said the best he could do was the cost and then referred to Nissan North America where I spoke to their customer people who kept saying that they understood and that was the best they could do. I told them I was willing to pay what I would have paid in January with my warranty which was $100.

After not getting any help from Nissan North America customer affairs department they referred me customer relations executive person Charity. Let me say Charity was not well charitable at all. She attempted to use creative language. The way that she attempted to board her offer and think that I would not be able to decipher it to be exactly the same unsatisfactory initial offer was insulting. The offer was for Nissan to cover half; when I refused, she came back and stated Nissan will cover the parts but not the labor the labor. This works out to be more than half! How is this customer service???

Let me say now all I wanted was them to replace the transmission I didn't ask for anything more. They gave me an obviously defective transmission. IF THEY REALLY STAND BY THEIR PRODUCT WHY NOT REPLACE IT? After dealing with the nonsense I wrote to both Fred M. Diaz Division Vice President, Nissan Sales & Marketing and Operations U.S. and, Jose Munoz Executive Vice President, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.; Chairman, Nissan ** and sent him an email that is at the bottom of this really real review and who called me 2 days later at 8:30 in the morning Charity to ask me if there was any new information for me to give.

After I told her no that I stated everything I needed to you replaced my transmission less than 1 year ago. I put less than 35,000 miles on it and it blew and when I asked why the answer was,"We don't know this just happens sometimes. Yeah not that's not a reason. That's not my fault." I took care of my car. Like I told Charity and Mr. Munoz I didn't fail Nissan. They failed me.

I have owned several Nissans in my life. I USE to recommend them to people. NOW I WARN EVERY PERSON I MEET. DO NOT BUY ONE. They will only let you down. I have never been so disappointed in a company and how it treats it customers. I'm a believer in if you put out good you will get it back. I fear for these people what will happen to them when Karma comes around. If you are looking for a car PLEASE I BEG YOU LOOK AT ANYTHING BUT NISSAN or INFINITI (they are one in the same). They will do nothing but cost you your time and money and well you can't get more time.

Original review: June 11, 2016

Spoke to salesperson about the Santa Fe I was interested in, and the price I would pay. He confirmed he had it in stock and he could hit my number. Then I asked about a different color, same trim level. He confirmed that was also in stock. Made appointment with him for next day to buy the car. I confirmed appointment with their admin in the morning.

Upon arrival I was told by salesperson he had bad news. The car we spoke of was sold. I asked why he did not call to inform me and save me the aggravation. He said he didn't know until a few moments before I arrived. Then I asked about the other color we initially spoke of. He stated that was available but in the highest trim level, $44,000. I reminded him that he confirmed it was available in the base level trim at 5 PM the night before. On my scorecard, that's 2 strikes. It was apparent the kid expected he could bait and switch me, once he got me in the door. Wrong guy...integrity counts. When I got up to leave he got rude with me. I lit into him somewhat, with managers in earshot. Nobody intervened. Nobody apologized. I walked out and never looked back. 2 days later I am driving my new KIA Sorento.

Original review: April 9, 2016

I had a Chevrolet Cruze lease that had 4-5 lease payments left. I received from Chevrolet, Hyundai, and Nissan, the pull ahead lease program letter. I had 2 new cars from Chevrolet and was happy customer, but I wanted a change so I went to Atlantic Nissan where I was told that they would take my Cruze and waiver all remaining lease payments and Fees. I had the letter for the pull ahead lease program from Atlantic which I gave to the salesgirl, and she told me all payments and fees are waivered.

After 5 hours, I put down $4,820, includes taxes and DMV fees etc, for a $170 a month for 3 years. I had excellent credit. My friend loved my car and I referred her to Nissan but she went to Nissan Smithtown. When I saw her last Sunday she was so happy with her new Sentra. She had the SR Trim model, alloy wheels, spoiler, Nav, backup camera, etc. I asked her how much her payment was for this model and she said $140/month for 3 yrs lease. She put down $1,500 and $700 for her trade in. I was upset and told her what I put down. She said "That's not right..." She photocopied her agreement and gave it to me and told me to go back to the dealership to see what they could do and why such a difference.

Last Monday I went into your store and spoke with the lease manager, gave him both lease agreements and ask why and what he could do to make things right. His answer was after looking at the 2 agreements was my buyout option price at the end of lease was lower than my friend's. I told him because she has the SR model and that had nothing to do with it, then he said that, I should not ask other people's lease price $ or house mortgage or rent $. He had NO business saying that. Then he went to the computer, came back and said "Now I know why. It's because you had 4-5 lease payments left on the Chevrolet Cruze." I told him that I had the letter for pull ahead lease program and all fees and remaining payments were waivered, and that it does not say that in my agreement.

I was very angry and upset and told him I would never buy or lease from Atlantic again. He said nothing then I left. I have email Nissan corporate and they cannot help. I have emailed the Regional Manager many times and he says he will look into it, but never does nothing. To make things right they need to refund me the difference on downpayment of the 2 contracts. I will never do business with them again.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2015

I had Nissan Altima 2014 that I trade with Hyundai sonata 2015 and NMAC sent me a letter. That Nissan has paid in full. I'm not liable to this car anymore but they didn't update (or I don't what what) to credit bureaus and now I have 2 cars showing in my credit 8 months. I'm trying to call NMAC 8004566622 but put me on hold for hours.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

I purchased my Nissan altima in 2014 in NJ and had always gone there for all of my repair work. However when I moved to long Island I decided to look for Nissan repair near me in LI. I took my car in for regular inspection and the beefy dude came back and told me that 2014 car had a laundry list of problems including brake flush needed all totaling over $4000 in cost. But he wanted to do me a "favor" and pulled me to the side to tell me that he could lower the cost if I pay him cash right there and then. And that's when my alarm button went and I told him to give me my car without doing any work on it. This company should be investigated for fraudulent repairs. DON'T EVER EVER EVER AND I REPEAT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. YOU'VE BEEN TOLD.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2015

Went with my sister to inquire about certified used car she was looking for. Met with salesperson who took info and came up with 4 cars for us to look at. We found 1 with low mileage about 8000 that had everything we needed. We went back to his desk and discussed pricing and when he was asked about warranty and the 10 year 100M miles he said that it would be additional cost. The website clearly says that the car was certified and we asked about that. He said it could be certified for additional cost. I asked about Carfax and he said "No problem" and a short while later actually produced one. He stated how it was clean and gave copy to my sister to keep. We told him that we would take a day to think it over and then he brought in another person to tell us that if we had concerns they would handle it. We explained about our concerns and he said same thing about additional cost to certify and we left.

Next day sales rep calls my sister to ask her about the car and she was unhappy about the additional cost to certify and he flat out says he never said it would be additional cost. When she started to mention about what she found on Carfax he hung up phone on her. This place is a disaster avoid it at all cost or you will be ripped off.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2015

I went in to get a car, I do not have the best credit but I wanted to look at used cars. I was driving a rental for months and it was so much money so I took a day off and I went to Atlantic Auto mall. I shopped there before they did somewhat right by me. Well let me tell you I went to get a Sonata, I was approved and waited 15 hrs in the dealership. They drive the car up, it is a 2012 nice looking car. When then gave me the CARFAX the car had one accident, I said "is there anything wrong with the car?", they so "no."

I was not able to test drive it. I just wanted this done and over with so I drove the car home and the next day it was back in the shop pulling brakes, oil change, tires. It is a mess so they fixed it then I got it, they took it home and again same thing. They said it was all fixed, well again this is going back to the shop. This car is a lemon and I am not happy so I will keep bring it to them to fix it and fix it right. So disappointing, I will never go there again.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2015

The second week of July I brought my Elantra in for 3 recalls. I was checked in and handed copies of the paperwork I had just signed for the recalls. As I sat down I looked over the paperwork and noticed printed at the top was " recommended Timing Belt replacement." I found that odd since my car only has 22,000 miles and I have owned many cars over the years and usually replaced the timing belt between 75,000 - 90,000 miles, NOT at 22,000 miles!

After sitting in the waiting room for approx. 45 minutes, the service guy who checked my car in came to get me and advised me that 2 of the 3 recalls were completed and it was also discovered that I needed a new timing belt at an approx. cost of $667 (plus labor, of course), a new battery at a cost of approx. $200, and there was a leak in my air conditioner system and a rear seal leak. Those two things were covered by the warranty, but the timing belt and battery were not. I advised them to not touch the timing belt or battery, and just take care of the warranted items.

Here is what I find so strange: Before they even looked at my car I was informed by way of the service sheet that I needed a timing belt. They tell me that I need a timing belt after having my car in the service area for all of 45 minutes, during which time they also completed 2 recall items. I happen to know that just to take apart the engine area to check the condition of the timing belt would take at least 45 minutes, if not more, so how could they come up with that diagnosis and take care of two recall items in less than 45 minutes??? After they had my car for 2 days, I went to pick it up and then was told that I had a $100 deductible on the extended warranty. I, of course, now had to pay the $100.

I took my car the next day to my mechanic who I know for over 20 years. He put my car on the lift and looked underneath and stated that "If there was a rear seal leak, you would see staining." There was none. I also mentioned to the rep at Atlantic that I had seen nothing in my driveway to indicate there was any leaks coming from my car. My mechanic also noted that if my air conditioner was leaking then it would not be working or performing, and that never happened. As a matter of fact I used my air conditioning the morning I drove to Atlantic and it worked perfectly. I will now be contacting Hyundai corporate to advise I was obviously charged for work that was never done.

Original review: July 19, 2015

I was referred to Hyundai by my mom.. who bought her Hyundai Sonata from Atlantic Hyundai. I went to Atlantic Hyundai, in Aug 2014 & purchased a 2014 Hyundai Veloster. Upon signing all the paperwork, I presented a "Customer Appreciation" referral coupon from my mom for $200. Sherif (who was the salesman) told me that they (Atlantic) were offering $100, but because I had a $200 coupon from the other Hyundai dealership (Advantage Hyundai), that he would honor it... so we wouldn't leave & go elsewhere! He told me I should receive my check within 6 weeks.

Also at that time, Hyundai was advertising $2000 for my old car... but when I got there, they said they would ONLY give me $500. Well... to make a long story short, I have contacted the dealership, the salesmen, and the (so-called) managers multiple times... and I keep getting told they will send me the check when the next sale is made!! It's been over 3 months since they last promised me it would be taken care of and it will be 1 year in August 2015 since I purchased my Hyundai from them. I will never BUY nor REFER anyone to this dealership ever again. My family & I will be letting everyone we know, what a bunch of scam artists they are & how they truly rip off everyone!!

Atlantic Auto Mall Company Information