Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.09/5

West Islip, NY

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

59 Atlantic Auto Mall Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 16, 2014

I was sold two bogus service contracts for my Xterra. I received a partial reimbursement for one - $580 instead of $850 (a clerical error - yeah right). The extended warranty they sold me is not being honored. I have it in black and white that it goes to 2017. They say it already expired but it's not them it's Nissan that is to blame. I spoke with several people at Nissan and they say the contract they sold me for $2500 is not legit. I will be taking them to small claims. Crooks! Stay away!

Original review: May 13, 2014

2013 Altima only 7 months old and 9000 miles has engine light on. First trip to Atlantic Nissan service is only a few hours and cam sensor is found to be problem and is replaced. I am assured that all is fine and am told it was just a faulty sensor. 12 hours later, engine light is back on. Now they need to keep car and provide a Sentra as loaner. The wiring harness has short and needs to be replaced. Takes a week for part to arrive and be installed. Less than 24 hours later, it has a random light show on dashboard flashing battery and brake lights. Back we go and need to leave it again.

This time at least given an Altima loaner. It is diagnosed with an alternator that was damaged by bad wiring harness before leaving location. I am told good news was part was in stock and would be repaired by end of day. Don't you think this should have been checked before releasing it last time? Car door covered in scuffs and headliner with grease streaks. The total lack of respect for this brand new car is upsetting. Although not charged for repairs, the fact that a brand new car needed all this work is disturbing and they showed no concern about it. No restitution was offered either. Discount or better yet free future maintenance service would have been a nice gesture. Anyone else have an experience like this? They are implying that this happens sometimes and is not out of the ordinary. Sure hope there are no further problems. Love the car but am uneasy with these extensive repairs already.

Original review: March 20, 2014

I was told my monthly payment for a 4-year lease would be $160. As the first bill came it read $189... They are a bunch of crocks. They add on after the deal was already done. NEVER DO BUSINESS with them.

Original review: March 19, 2014

I brought a 2009 Nissan Maxima on Jan. 22 2013 and ever since I have been having problems. They sold me a lemon. And when I brought it back they said it was my problem. I strongly do not recommend them for anyone to purchase their vehicle from.

Original review: March 11, 2014

I leased a 2011 Nissan Altima. As anyone who has ever purchased or leased a vehicle they throw you into a room and put 25 pages for you to sign your life away, never really explaining each one. Well, I traded in my vehicle in mint condition to another Atlantic dealer and am now being hit with a $395.00 disposition fee. In all my years of leasing vehicles I have never had to pay a "disposition" fee. When I called and questioned Nissan Financing they were very threatening and said I would go to collections and have my credit score affected if I didn't pay. I tried to call Atlantic Nissan and was put on hold for over a half hour because there was no one available to help me. I am extremely upset. Buyers please be aware of this "crooked" dealership!!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantic Auto Mall?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2014

My wife and I visited Atlantic Auto Mall (or should I say some type of Rap club by the type of music being played) February 7th to inquire about leasing a 2013 Nissan Rogue. We have leased many and have been leasing Nissan vehicles for over 15 yrs. You would have thought we were first time Nissan shoppers by the treatment we received. We sat with salesman Dennis **. After spending close to two hours with him, we were able to have the model we preferred located on the lot. During these two hours of back and forth, customer to salesman, salesman to sales manager, haggling, tremendous frustration, ridiculous negotiating, we were finally able to agree on what seemed like a fair price. We signed a purchase agreement and left a deposit to start the process moving forward.

The next day we needed to return our lease vehicle to the our end of lease company and then return to the dealership to finalize our deal. But that didn't happen. Let the games continue. The next day our salesman calls to tell us the vehicle we had left the deposit for was no longer available, it somehow was sold during the same day we were spending our two hour day from hell at the dealership. Guess modern technology isn't offered at Atlantic Auto Mall. At this time we are told no other 2013 models similar to our choice were available on their lot. This time by phone (due to the snow) everything begins all over again, back to the haggling, tremendous frustration, ridiculous negotiating. For our inconvenience I requested something be done, like pull another 2013 Rogue from one of there many other LI dealerships.

I was told this couldn't be done. My next request to the salesman and sales manager was, let's compare 2013 Rogue to 2014 Rogue and go that direction. More games, haggling, tremendous frustration, ridiculous negotiating and prices all over the place. We finally arrive on a price higher than where the last vehicle was agreed on, but figuring it is now a 2014 compared to the 2013, we agree. Sales manager "Mark" and salesman Dennis assure us upon our return all will be good to go with the 2014 Nissan Rogue and price we agreed on. Too good to be true!! When we arrive back at the dealership to sign final papers and pick up the car, no papers are prepared to be signed, the sales manager "Mark" and salesman Dennis ** act as if we are starting from step one again, like we never spoke about the deal that was agreed upon.

After even further tremendous frustration and aggravation I demand our deposit be returned which they quickly agree to. Guess the deal was too good to be true. Dishonest scam artist. We will "NEVER" return to Atlantic Auto Mall or any of their other dealerships (which seems to be most on LI), especially the Nissan dealerships. Beware of the sneaky and dishonest tactics!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2014

What a bunch of liars. I don't understand how they are still is business selling cars. In short I asked for a Carfax report on a used 2011 Nissan Sentra which they gave me, only to find out when I got home that they gave me a fake report. It had been in an Accident one month prior. When I told them I wanted to bring this car back and get a different one they stated “Sorry your paper has been signed already". I don't know how Corporate Nissan still allows them to be in business. Well Corporation Nissan, I bought nothing but Nissan's all my life and now you lost me. I buy Toyota's now and tell everyone I can about Atlantic Nissan. Stay away from this dealer people because believe me they will rip you off somehow.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2013

I went in to Atlantic Nissan Superstore in Islip, NY to purchase a new car. After looking around, I agreed to purchase a new 2012 Nissan Versa. Everything was going great until I got to the Finance department where Frank ** gave me false information and told me the bank required that I purchase an extra warranty for the car for an extra $2,000.00. After personally speaking to the bank, I found out this was a lie! I went back the next day and after hours of waiting and talking to several people who insisted I keep the warranty, I declined. I was given a Dealer cancellation request to sign in order to cancel the warranty and was told that they would pay the bank back. It's now going on 2 months and besides being given the run around every time I go there or call, nothing has been done to remove this warranty or pay the bank back. Leaving me to continue to pay interest on something I did not request. I am so disappointed and horrified on how they can lie and take advantage of people to make money!

Original review: May 28, 2013

I bought the car, a 2005 Lexus RX330, on May 26th 2013. Three days later, I took it to NATL auto repair and inspection place. They went over the car from top to bottom. They came back to me with a lot of safety issues with some being some lights not working, brakes and rotors worn down, a leaky rack and pinion and an airbag light on in the vehicle. On the same day, 5-28-13, I took it back to the dealer. They replaced 2 bulbs and refused to do any other work even though the 30-day warranty was completely in effect. I have lodged a complaint with DMV. I have the original write up from inspection. Can you tell me what my options are? Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2012

I have leased three Nissans from Atlantic Nissan. I just had a credit check done for something unrelated and it shows that I have two outstanding debts from the last two trade-ins. After each trade-in, I was told by my salesperson that the vehicles were fine and I would not owe anything on either trade-in. Now to my surprise, I find this! Now it gets worse, no one will do anything and it seems there is a better chance of President Obama calling me back than someone from the dealership. I would highly recommend stay away from Atlantic Nissan.

Original review: July 22, 2012

I just purchased a 2007 used Toyota Rav4. I have had major issues with the car twice now in the last week of owning the vehicle. The sales manager told me to pay for my own towing and he would pay me back, which was complete bull. The truck seized up in the middle of Sunrise highway twice in one week. I just got the truck brought in for service, complaining something was wrong with the transmission and was told no rental car is available and to come back in a month! I just purchased this on 7-14-2010. Today, 7-21, the truck seized in Seaford. I left the vehicle there for Atlantic to pick up. I'm done. I'm getting news media involved and I'm lawyering up! I was coming home from a surgical appointment for my infant daughter who has to undergo serious surgical procedures for a growth on her face. I hate you, Atlantic Automall and Vinny, Paul, Mike, you all are horrible people!

Original review: April 24, 2012

I was involved in an auto accident the end of March and was having a hard time finding a car due to my credit score. One night, while watching television, I saw an Atlantic Hyundai commercial stating "you have a job and $199, you're approved". The next day, I took a ride over there to check things out. I met with Sue **, who is a credit manager. I had to give her a $100 deposit which I got back and waited for 3-4 hours just to be told they could not help me.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2012

Atlantic Hyundai is the worst dealer out there. My credit scores is around 600-610, so I was very happy when I was at the dealership for 4 hours finalizing my lease for a 2012 Sonata for $330 a month with $2500 down using my trade-in. They told me everything was approved and that I would be able to go home with the car. After waiting 4 hours, they told me that the car will be ready the next day. I spoke to my sales guy 5 times during the day and every time, he told me everything was approved and even left me a message saying everything was approved. When I arrived at the dealership to sit with the finance manager (Bryan **), he told me that the lease was not approved (jaw drops) and that the financing of the car was approved for a whopping $479 a month.

When I said this is outrageous and why wasn't I told this the 5 times I spoke to my (Russell **) sales guy, they had no answer. When I said I can't do this deal and would like my $500 deposit back, the sales manager (Bryan **) became very rude and even threatened me saying "what if I don't give you your money back?" and that it could take a few hours for the refund. When I said fine, I will call my credit card company and dispute the charges while I was on the phone, they finally processed my refund and still tried to get me to make a deal. When I complained to the sales manager (Christopher **), all he did was talk to the sales guy and never bothered to talk to me at all. Beware of this dealership, they will say and do anything initially and then try to force a deal on you that makes no sense at all.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2012

I got a car from this dealer on January 6. A week before, I had requested to the dealer to double check on the car through my mechanic. My mechanic had told me it needed breaks, front and back, plus right front door is not locking. The dealer told me they will take care of the problem. On the 6th of January, when I'd pick up the car, the same guy who had told me they will take care of the problem told me the job has been done. So January 16, when I took the car to do an oil change, guess what? They told me I have less than 1,000 miles on the break, front and back, plus the door doesn't not fit too.

So I called the dealer right away and they told me these people are full of ** and I need to take the car to my mechanic to verify that those breaks are done. I went to my mechanic two hours later and he told me they never did the breaks. Indeed I need some kind of help here. The owner of the dealership told me "we're not going to pay for those breaks".

Original review: Dec. 19, 2011

I went to Atlantic Auto Mall on 11/28/11 to look at used cars. When I was there, they found a 2005 Pathfinder which was perfect for what I was looking for, and I was trading in my 2004 Jeep Liberty. When I test drove the Pathfinder, it felt like it was kicking into gear hard, the salesman, Myron, assured me the car was perfect, and it was just the way I drive. In addition, the cup holder was out, and he said that when they detailed the car, they would put it in. He also told me the warranty would be for 5 years, but when it came down to numbers, it was only for 3 years. The day after I bought the car, I went in to get it detailed. I was promised a rental car for the day, but once I got there, they said I could not have one, so I waited two hours for a horrible detail job. In addition, my father requested a car fax, which stated that the car had been in an accident prior.

On December 1st, I brought the car back in to be re-detailed, and for them to look at it again, since it was still not kicking into gear right, also my CD player was broken. Two days later, my car was ready and the salesman, Myron, told me there is nothing wrong with the car, and again, it is the way I drive, and that they would have to wait for my warranty to kick in, for them to fix my CD player. Myron also went onto say, I should just go buy a new radio for the car anyway, and he told me the cup holder was not the right one, and that's what you get for buying a used car. On December 14th, I received a phone call from the finance company for my trade in, stating that the payment was past due.

I explained to them that the car was traded, and was supposed to be paid off. Apparently, it had not been, as of yet. Once I received that call, I called back the dealership and spoke with the manager, Paul, to tell him I was not happy with the way this deal was handled, and that I wanted the car to be looked at again, since it was still not kicking into gear right. The heat took 20 minutes to kick in, and I wanted my CD player fixed. He told me to bring the car in.

On December 15th, I brought the car in to be looked at. On December 16th, I received a call from the service manager, Rob, stating that the transmission and radiator are shot, and they need to be replaced ASAP, and the car can not be driven, or it would break down. He told me to come in for a rental, and they would fix it, but it would take over a week. That Saturday, December 17th, I went in to get the rental, and to speak with Rob, in regard to the fact that they sold me a lemon, and I would like to get something else, since I don't trust that the car I purchased would be fixed completely, and I was not happy that they sold me a car with a bad transmission. and radiator. I also mentioned that I was upset that they did not tell me the car was in a accident before I bought it, which I thought, under the Consumer Fraud Act, they were obligated to do so.

Myron, went onto say, i did not ask, so he did not tell me. After speaking further with Paul, the manager, about how I do not want the lemon they sold me, he stated I can trade it in. For $3,500 less than I bought it for. He said that it is the trade-in value, and that is what they will give me. So, if I don't want to lose $3,500, I have to stay with this car, which I am not happy about, and I do not feel safe being in. He stated there is nothing else they can do, and the car is mine. The next day, I received a phone call from the new finance company, stating that the new loan amount is $5.00 more a month, than the finance guy, Troy, said it would, ultimately costing me an additional $300.00 over the course of the loan. So, I am paying way too much in aggravation for this lemon that they sold me, and according to the manager, I am stuck with it...

Original review: Dec. 11, 2011

Co-signed a loan for my daughter who has a bad credit rating. They supposedly went with mine and still came back with a line of *** and an interest rate of 9%. After extending the warranty, the rate was lowered to 6.3%. Okay, go into more hock just to lower your rate. I'm not done. I intend to fight this since they went with my credit score.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2011

I brought my 2006 Nissan Murano to the service department for a transmission flush. While there, the service manager (Rob) noticed my inspection was just about up. So he asked me if he wanted them to inspect the car and I figured why not since it was a flat rate of $37 no matter where you get it done in NYS. About an hour after I had dropped off the car, Rob called me telling me that both front control arms on the driver and passenger side have cracked bushings and need to be replaced right away. He said the car will not pass inspection if these repairs were not made. He also told me that "by law, I cannot allow you to take your car off the property since it has failed inspection. Both control arms installed were going to be $906."

I said to not do anything and I will call you back in five minutes. I called my uncle whom is a retired NYS mechanic and asked him if it is true that if your car fails inspection, it is illegal for the inspector to allow the customer to let him/her take the car. He said that was 100% false. I called back Rob and told him to take the car off of the lift and that I was coming to get it right away. A day later, I jacked up the car myself and took a look at one of the control arms only to realize zero cracks anywhere in sight.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2010

It was a horrible experience. Do not trust them to honor a deal. I brought my 92 Custom Corvette to trade on a Nissan 350Z. They offered me $10,000 for the trade but held the price of the Nissan at $21,985, way above Edmunds & Blue Book dealer list of $19,785. I told them I would think about it. The next day the Manager Paul called and asked me if I would take the car at $21,000. I called them back an hour later to accept the offer and the big boss said he wouldn't sell it at that price. The next day I called to accept the deal of $21,985 and $10,000 for the trade and was told they would only give me $7,000 for my trade. They kept the car price at $21,985. They added all kinds of fees and taxes and the total was $24,695. The taxes are only $1285. They tacked on over $1400 in fees and dealer prep. I should have left the first day. This dealership is manipulative and does not honor their deals. This is the worst car buying experience ever.

Original review: May 21, 2010

I went there looking for a used xterra. The salesperson, Grant, said that he found a car for me for a deal that I couldn't refuse. He told me the car was an xterra SE. He wrote SE on the piece of paper with all the information I was to give my insurance company about the car. He told me the SE only came with roof racks, running boards and a wheel mounted radio changer. When I asked him if my car had the radio changer, he said no, but he still said it was an SE.

When I get home with the car and I looked up all the specs online, I found it was missing many things an SE should have. I told him I wasn't familiar with what each model had but he said, don't worry that is why he was there to help us and we could trust him. When we went there the next day to find out why the car was an S and not an SE, the person in finance said we would sit down with the salesman and manager and I would leave happy. We waited for an hour when they said it would only be 20 minutes, and then they tell us they both won't be in until the afternoon.

We ended up wasting 2 1/2 hours there and leaving with nothing. When we finally spoke with the manager and salesman, the salesman denied ever writing it. The manager was unhelpful and it is obvious he was only trying to cover the salesperson's mistake. They are lying, dishonest people and should never be allowed to sell a car to anyone. Beware of the salesman named Grant!

Original review: April 18, 2010

I went first to the Hyundai department because I had three recalls on my Elantra. I went to look around the Hyundai cars and was told my credit was bad and that's because when I had surgery for a torn ligament, the anesthesiologist did not give my health insurance the right code numbers for payment so they sent me court papers. I called once again Blue Cross and they sent them the payment but they garnished my pay for court fees and that's how I got bad credit.

So as I was walking through the Nissan dealership, I was stopped by a very pushy salesman and I told him no, that I had to fix my credit. He says not to worry about that. He could put me in a nice car for $13,000. So he showed me a car that was nice, all extras in the car, but it had high mileage. I said, "No thanks." So we started walking back in and he spoke to a financial man named Stan. They talked, he came back and said that he could put me in a car like the one he showed me for the same price. It even had a TV in back with less mileage.

We sat there for hours. He kept talking and talking. By then, I was very hungry and tired when Stan called me in his office with this great deal. I just signed the papers and I feel so stupid. And then, the salesman told me that my car was outside and that it was gray so he put the plates on and gave me the keys. I was very confused and stressed. When I went to pull away, I noticed that the car was nothing like the one he showed me. No electric seats. No TV. No anything and when I shut the window, it really smelled bad like a sewer. So I pulled over and tried to call him but he didn't pick up and no answering machine. I was so tired and hungry I drove home. I called again but there was no answer.

Next day, he did answer and told me he was sorry but I have to wait for the title. He didn't want me to be unhappy that he would give me a new car with all the extras. But I have to wait for the title that would come within 30 days and I told him I was very unhappy with the price also. That next night I was driving, getting sick from the smell but was cold out. I put the heat on and it smelled like urine blowing so I had to drive with the window open. I brought the car back anyway figuring this guy was lying and he was, according to the manager.

I told him and another manager to look at the car. They did admit that it stunk and was dirty and all the rims are cracked and dirty. So he said they would clean it and that's it. I told them I don't want it and I really don't. It didn't even drive right. So I asked them for the car facts and it was a leased and rental car. I think they made me wait there all that time so I would get tired and confused and I don't know what to do now. I left the car there and took my Hyundai home and I am supposed to go back Monday but I really don't want the car. It was so nasty and they are such liars. They also were nasty.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2010

I purchased a warranty on a used car, and since then, I wanted to use the warranty at another dealership. Both Chevrolet dealership told me that my warranty does not exist. I called Atlantic Chevy 3 times, asking for a copy or paperwork of my warranty and in all 3 times I got no reply, my truck needs service and I can not get any help from them on it. The purchase was for $2,500.00 for the warranty. That if I need repairs, I would pay out of pocket.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2009

I purchased a new Nissan Sentra from Atlantic Auto Mall. I decided to cancel the warranty and service plan within the allowable 60 days without penalty or payment. The cost of the two plans together is $2500.

My mother who cosigned the loan and my fiancee went to the location and paperwork was filled out and signed in the presence of Mike Shef. He explained that Kenny, the person in charge of our financing had to sign the papers and that would be done. Two weeks later my fiancee called them to follow up and was given no definite explanation as to whether or not the papers had been signed as Mike Shef explained they had to be, or if they went through. She was given the runaround and a promise to be called back the next day by Kenny, which she was not. A week later, I called to speak to Kenny. Mind you, with every call we made to the Auto dealership, we were given the runaround in attempting to even get the person on the phone who we needed to speak. This has consistently gone on with every phone call made to the dealership. I called to speak to Kenny and after finally getting him on the phone, he explained to me he had no idea that any such paperwork existed. He promised to call us back the next day after speaking with Mike Shef. He did not. He also promised to locate the paperwork and make sure (and backdate it) it went through. A week later (today), I called back to follow up yet again. I spoke to Mike Shef, who hung up on me. Then I spoke to his superior, who explained he did not have time to discuss this with me and he would call me back. So, I have a $2500 pair of warranty and service plans which I have repeatedly attempted to cancel and have not been cancelled. The 60 day grace period has passed and I am still liable for that sum as far as I know. What I know is severly limited obviously because noone there will give me a legitimate answer, and noone there will rectify this problem.
Original review: Jan. 20, 2009

I purchased a 2007 Hyundai Sonata from Atlantic Hyundai in May of 2007.

I found the car to be extremely uncomfortable to sit in, and as the months went on it became unbearably painful to sit in. I do suffer from disc herniations, but discovered that when I drove the cars of Family and Friends, I didn't have any pain. I made calls to the dealership, took it in for service problems, and mentioned the painful seating. I was told I should go to an aftermarket sore, and buy a new seat. In order for me to sit in the car and drive it, my mid back and shoulders were 4 away from the back of the seat. I have spent over $500 in seat cushions, but nothing helped. I called Hyundai Motors and spoke to Troy, asking if there were other complaints. he told me to go to a mobility center, and have my car modified for disabled people!!! My last effort was to call Dan Toomey the Manager at Hyundai and explain the problem. My Chiropractor felt that the seat itself could be defective. Dan told me to meet him at the Dealership on Friday January 9th at 9AM, and he would personally take care of me. He said he would give me a loaner car of my choice, to see if in fact it was the car. I arrived at the Dealership only to find out by the Staff, that Dan wasn't in and would be expected 'later'. No one knew anything about me, but they said they'd give me a loaner cr, or I could wait. They said it was impossible to reach him. I left quite angry about spending an hour in this painful car to get there. When I left the Dealship, I noticed a man sitting in a Sonata. I noticed that he was able to sit against the seat with support for his upper back and shoulders. That's when I noticed what the problem was with my car! THE HEADRESTS ARE WRONG!!! THE HEADRESTS JUTT OUT LIKE A DUCK'S BILL, PITCHING MY HEAD FORWARD, MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO SIT BACK INTO THE SEAT!!! I raised it up and it continued to be impossible, as my head now rested in the rails!!! In my frustration, I removed the Headrest, turned it around, and it fit like a 'shingle' type Headrest. I can now sit against the seat, with back and shoulder support! THESE HEADRESTS ARE PITCHED AT N IMPOSSIBLE 45* ANGLE!!! The pitch pushes the Drivers head forward with their chin 3 away from the chest! My car was either prepped incorrectly, or this is a major problem tht needs to be addressed. I have talked to other Hyundai owners, and ALL of them complain about severe back pain!
Original review: Aug. 4, 2008

My car is a 2004 Nissan Murano SE under extended-warranty with Nissan , 40,725mi (approx). I had filled up with gas on Fri evening (8/1). As I started my car and put it into drive, the engine light came on and the car would only coast to the gas station curb. I was getting no power. I turned off the car and restarted it. I put it into reverse and backed up with no problem and then put it into drive and drove forward with no problem, but the engine light was still on. I drove it immediately to the Nissan service that evening.

I filled out the paperwork with the receptionist, since it was after the service managers went home. I found my own way home from there. The next morning (Sat 8/2), I received a call at 7:45am from the Nissan service rep. (Rob) asking what happened so I told him what happened at the gas station. For the rest of the morning and beyond noon, I hadn't heard anything from him.

Since Rob said that they close on Sat at 3pm., I got concerned not hearing from them and called them at around 12:45pm. He said he hadn't heard from the mechanic yet and that he would have to check on my car. He called me back about an hour later and told me that I needed a complete throttle assembly due to using an after-market, non-Nissan air filter... that sand and debris in the air filter had allowed debris into the electronic assembly and they wouldn't cover it under my extended warranty.

With the assembly and cost of the diagnostic test, the total would be approx $700. I have always kept my car in top condition and have always had my car service timely and comprehensively at King Bear. They have always been reliable with all my family's cars new and old.) I was very upset, as I felt Nissan was trying to strong-arm me into accepting that it was my fault because I had the car serviced somewhere else. They said that there was a bulletin that came out about having to use the Nissan air filter due to its superior quality. Unfortunately, if there was such a bulletin, the only ones privy to those bulletins are Nissan dealers.

If this is true, the customer should be information, so that we can take the info to our mechanics. After listening and trying to reason with the service rep, I told him that I would have to get back to him. I called King Bear and got the owner on the phone. He actually works on and knows my car. He said that what Nissan told me was absolutely incorrect, that all parts sold whether through Nissan or any other certified mechanic must meet OEM standards for all cars. He was upset to think that Nissan was doing this to me. He also wanted to see the car after they put it back together?.

When I called Nissan back, I got another service rep who knew me from previous visits to their service dept, and I told him how upset I was. He said he was going to check into the situation himself and call me back. By that time it was well after 2:00pm and I knew they closed at 3:00pm. I had decided to pick up the car as I knew I was getting nowhere with them. I got a friend to take me there. I felt somewhat overpowered by the situation. Although I am a woman, I am far from stupid and recognized the situation for what it was.

When I got there, all the men were behind the counter telling me how inferior non-Nissan parts are. I told them that my warranty should not be compromised as it was my right to have my car serviced at any certified mechanic, at which point, they told me that it affects the warranty because inferior non-Nissan parts are used at other places, and that's the chance you take with your warranty? when you go somewhere else. I asked them to put the car back together that I was taking it home and pursuing this issue further. They said that I had to pay $106.46 for the diagnostic test because they were not covering it under my extended warranty.

They told me that if I brought the car back to them to do the job within 30 days, I would not incur another diagnostic charge and they could give me a $40 discount. They also said that I had to have a 30,000 mi. service for $849 (plus tx). My King Bear already serviced my car at 30,000mi when I had hit 30,000mi. Everything was done for the 30,000 service 10,000 miles ago. I paid the $106.46 to Nissan for the diagnostic test so I could get my car.

I then took my car to King Bear, as he wanted to see it. He took out the air filter and we looked at it. It was in tact with no sand or debris in it. It still looked like new. There was no debris in the assembly that he could see. However, as my King Bear owner/mechanic stated, the throttle assembly is controlled by an electronic unit (the air meter) and electronic units can go at anytime and since all air filters used by certified mechanics have to meet OEM standards, he stated that this work should definitely be covered under my extended warranty.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2006

I financed a used car there about a month ago and never got the paperwork for the loan. Im supposed to pay the first bill in a few days. They never sent the loan in so I was driving around a free car. Now they're saying it's not their fault, which it is. They are not helping me at all, just giving me the runaround,, being very very rude, giving me an attitude and hanging up on me. That's Carlo and Donna. When i went to pick up the car on July 6th i was there all night just trying to get the paperwork, they took double the amount of money out of my account for something which they shouldnt have.. and just for me to come and get that back took an hour. That's Sandra and she also gives us the run around on the phone and doesn't know what's going on. The whole staff is very unprofessional and rude.. How do you hang up on a customer? and lie? They told me i had to pay the the first payment to them which i found out is a lie. I spoke to the bank and they told me not to give them any money. So they would've just took it like they did the last time they took double money out of my account.

Just alot of aggravation and stress.. ALOT!! They are a very bad business!!!

Original review: March 2, 2005

I bought a Mazda from them when they were selling used cars which was on the same lot they have now for brand new cadillacs. How surprising!I bought the car at a decent price but, of course the sell pitch. I bought a Warranty that cost $2,000. Needless to say it went under liquidation and work that had been done on the car was never paid I was told i could get a reinbursement but of course no sign of that either. On top of that my car that I had recently bought needed new struts and bearings. And 2yrs later I had to get new engine in it which, was about 3 and half months ago and now i need an EGR valve. Yeayyy (sarcasm from a student that got scamed)

I have a 99 mazda that is in the shop more than i actually drive it with minor problems that resulted from not getting a legit warranty that they offered. I had a lot of knowledge of the price of the car and knew what I could get for my money it seems like they didnt appreacite that.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2003

I Purchased a 1999 Hyundai Elantra in January 2003. This included an extended warranty through Smart Choice Insurance. I was told by Mike (salesman) that under this policy I could bring to car to just about any local rapair shop & they would honor the warranty & that everything was covered. On Tuesday, Oct.7, the check engine light went on, the car starting shaking & stalling. I called Smart Choice to find out where I could bring the car locally for repair. I had been trying over the last several months to find a shop that accepted Smart Choice, but had no luck. I got a recording saying Smart Choice was out of business.

I called Atlantic Hyundai. I was told that the only place that would accept warranty repair was the Islip location. I live in Rockville Centre, which is about 1 hour away from Islip. Even the Hempstead Hyundai would not accept a warranty repair. I had no choice but to have my car towed out to Islip. Later in the day I received a call saying that since I did not have an appointment they would not even look at the car for at least 3 days. If I had known that I would not have had my car towed to Islip.

Based on my experience, so far, nothing that had to be done was even covered by the warranty. I called the service manager, Brian, and I was told that he could do nothing about it & I was free to tow the car back to Rockville Centre, at my expense. How helpful & polite! I then called Mike, the salesman who sold me the policy.I asked him why I wasn't notified the warranty was no longer valid until an emergency came up. He claimed that it wasn't his responsibilty. He told me that they substituted an identical policy, but obviously it was not, because the car can be repaired only in Islip & there is at least a 3 day wait for repairs without an appointment.

I would never have signed or paid for a warranty policy with those terms & I would never have purchased used car without an extended warranty. Today is Thursday, day 3. I called the service department & was told that they could not even look at the car unil Saturday, because, once again, I did not have an appointed. That makes 5 days.

I contacted Hyundai Motor America(corporate)& they told me to call Rick, General Manager of Atlantic Hyundai. Rick could not help me, but told me to contact Vinnie, the service manager in Islip. Vinnie told me that he would put a rush on it, but could not give me any definite answer. I could see him lying through the phone & do not expect anything from that. I realize that they put me in the position of just having to wait for my car, which would not have happened if they had honored the warranty I paid for. I would have brought the car to a local repair shop & would have had it back in a day!

Original review: July 25, 2003

brought my 99 hyundai sonata in for preventative maintenence. to have the timing belt changed before it broke... to have an oil change... and to check out a noise comming from front end. they changed the timing belts, changed the oil and filter, changed the right front hub bearing and charged me over $900.00 with labor. i reluctantly paid the bill and loaded my 2yr old in car.

i turned the key and heard a loud ticking from under the hood. i immediately turned the car off and returned to the service manager john grasso and asked what the noise was since i brought in a perfectly fine vehicle. there was no problems before i had them work on it. it was in for preventative maintenence and why was it leaving with a problem??? he replied that it was probably an additive in the oil and would run out in approx. 10 miles.

i drove the 10 miles...then 10 more and it just got louder. i called the service dept again spoke to john and told him i was comming back and to keep a service worker on duty to check this out. i was really upset that i brought in a car with not one thing wrong with it and was returned a car with ticking, no acceleration, and just plain broken. they looked at it for three days with no answer for the problem. they then told me over the phone that it would be covered under the warranty.

when i returned to the dealership five days later they still didn't fix the problem. they said it was the oil pump that they didn't break it that i did. they then asked me to hand over service records for the past five years to prove that it was my fault. i had told them of my oil changes every 3000 miles. i never had a problem with this car. how coincidental is it that all of a sudden it is to have a major problem in their care.

they now want to charge me an additional $1700.00 this is including over $800.00 in labor alone for a problem they created.

Original review: Nov. 24, 1999

I bought a used car in the end of Aug with 29935.I also purchased a warranty for 2 years. When I first bought the vehicle they told me everything was fine with the vehicle except that the hood of the car was damaged and that they would repair because they did the damage accidentally.I said fine as long as the rest of the car is fine. Since then I've had 2 problems with the car involving the radiator and recently the brakes. On Nov. 24, I bring the car in to get the brakes checked because they weren't working right and I heard metal grinding. The service guy tells me that the brake pads had nothing on them and that I neede new rotors because mine were in bad shape. Now remind you I only put 5000 miles on the car since I purchased it. They told me the warranty does not cover any of the brake parts and that "normal wear and tear" has to be dealt with by the customer."normal wear and tear", I only put 5000 miles on the car. So I ended up paying $150 for labor and $160 for parts and apparently other used car people were having trouble with their newly purchased used cars.

Atlantic Auto Mall Company Information