Save on Car Repairs

Compare Quotes
1.68/5
Based on 207 reviews that contain star ratings

Nissan Murano

The Nissan Murano is the company's first SUV crossover. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

283 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

A little about me and my experience. I bought my first Nissan Pathfinder in 1998 and since then have bought different Nissan SUV from one dealer in Miami. In last 20 years I have purchased about 5 to 6 vehicles from Nissan's. Thinking Nissan was a good product I bought a used 2009 Nissan Murano with 45000 miles 2015. To make long story short it started having problems with the transmission early 2016 took it to different mechanics which fixed everything besides the transmission. We finally took it the dealer which dx. Transmission problem but extended warranty had expired 6 months ago. Bottom line they don’t care if you're loyal customer. The Muranos from 2003 thru 2009 have CVT transmission problems and Nissan extended the warranty but I never received a letter or contact about this problem. I have learned from this encounter and will never buy Nissan again.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

SO, Nissan extended the CVT warranty to 10y/120K miles on the 2003-2010 Murano. However, I have a 2013 with only 48K miles on it and the CVT transmission has gone out and needs to be replaced. The dealer states the extended warranty does not cover this year, but I see reports from owners up to the 2018 model still having issues with this transmission. When the car is cold the transmission shifts fine. However, after it warms up, you will be sitting at a light or a stop sign and when you depress the accelerator the car barely moves. I have done some study on them and it only crawls forward due to the computer not sensing traction and is limiting the RPM from the motor. This is very dangerous if you need to get out of the way of an oncoming vehicle. It could get you, your passengers and the other vehicles occupants killed! You should not have to pay for this!

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Obviously the transmission went on my 2009 Nissan Murano so that was replaced $2000 later. Now after getting my Murano back after almost two months I smell an awful burnt smell and that's the new issue... mind you I just bought this car 3 months ago!!! I will never ever buy a Nissan again!!! I’ve always had jeeps and they run amazing and never did I have these crazy problems. What a junk and omg how unaware I was to this...

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I bought a Nissan Murano 2017 last October. It’s only 10 months old. Recently I found some rust on the chrome bar around the side windows, I took it to the dealership in San Luis Obispo and after investigating it they decided there’s some “orange spots” because of the “environment fallout." After I contacted Consumer Affairs they said my warranty wouldn’t cover me because I live near the ocean and somehow my car was affected by the humidity. What an excuse...

NONE of the cars in my area have it. Why does only my car have orange rust spots? I hope they send someone to check out these “orange spots." After all, it’s 10 months old only. It has been an unhappy experience with Nissan, especially after owning 3 consecutive cars.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Bought 2011 Nissan Murano CVT brand new - one car owner and transmission went out. Warranty only good up to 100,000 miles. It won't accelerate after stopping then when you continue to push on the pedal it takes off exclusive. Nissan is not cooperating with getting the transmissions fixed at their cost. Just to bring it in to check the codes, they want 140.00 where the transmission shop charges nothing. I already know what's wrong with it. You get the rebuilt transmission from Nissan with no warranty so that tells you something too. Nissan is not a reputable car dealership. This should be a recall on ALL vehicles if they can't make the vehicles last long.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Murano?

Original review: June 21, 2018

It is maintenance free and dependable choice. I like the gas mileage and feel very safe in this car. This meets all of my desires for technology and is very easy to drive. It meets all of my families needs in every way. Very comfortable ride, blind spot technology, navigation built in. Roomy and convenient. It is a great car to drive and has good visibility. Very satisfying and I would highly recommend this car.

Original review: May 16, 2018

When I'm stopped at a light or stop sign the car (2004 Nissan Murnao) all of a sudden will not hit the gas. It won't go anywhere. I push the gas and it's just sitting there in the middle of the road. All of a sudden gets a surge of power or gas and it almost hits a vehicle in front of me or I'm going across the road fixing to turn left into the other lane and a car coming almost hits me because the car stalls in the middle of the street and then gets a surge of power or gas and takes off. This is not right. This car should not be doing that. Many people has had this problem. It should be fixed by Nissan. This should be a RECALL.

Original review: May 9, 2018

2011 Nissan Murano - we bought this vehicle new and haven't had one regret. They've tried to buy it back from us for the last 4 years. My wife said she'll keep it till it totally conks out. It would be good to have a little better gas mileage, but we can live with it.

Original review: May 4, 2018

The Nissan Murano Cabriolet looks great, comfortable seating, could be better on gas and steering wheel should have a better range. Overall, I really enjoy driving it, it's a head turner.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I purchased my Murano in October 2008 for 1400 miles. Skip to 2018 and 140K miles later I can honestly say this has been the best car I’ve owned. Actually the only car I’ve owned since I used to lease cars. It has moved me from Texas to Florida, back to Texas, back to Florida then to Chicago and now to Philly. It gotten me through medical school, residency, weddings, births, divorce and deaths. She has been my partner in crime.

I’ve always kept up with scheduled maintenance and only had to replace the radiator during the last few years. Maybe I picked a winner but it’s only been lately lights have come on to fix things. This is my second Murano, I got one in 2005 then upgraded the following year to Mercedes and eventually came back to the Murano. Overall, I’ve had a great experience with this SUV and will be sad when the time comes replace her.

Nissan Murano Company Information