1.62/5
Based on 191 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Nissan Murano

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 16, 2017

267 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I would first like to start off by saying that I absolutely love my 2010 Nissan Murano! Recently my oldest son and 5yr old son were on their way to the store and somehow my son lost control of the vehicle and went up on the curve, attempted to regain control of the vehicle but the truck ended up going in the air and flipping over. My 5 year old remained anchored in his car seat thanks to the extra safety belt feature for car seats and the front and side air bags also played a vital role in keeping them safe. By the grace of God neither were injured! My Murano was totaled. But it kept my children SAFE! For that reason alone I will always be grateful for my decision to purchase a Nissan Murano and will always stand by Nissan products. I have no complaints!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

The most crappiest car award goes to Nissan Murano... I am driving 2006 Murano, I am a family person and likes to drive very slowly, no rush, no harsh brakes, proper oil change and maintenance on time. First, radiator of the car started leaking then power steering when hose gone. Then came the transmission failure and something that almost took my life: Drive seat got BROKEN while I was driving... Craaaap. Dealers don't do anything unless you flash money to them. Thousands spent in repairs. Won't suggests this car to anyone. STAY AWAY ALERT.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

After driving in rain a high pitch whistle occurs coming from the rear of the car. It has occurred 3 times. On two of the occasions the car was brought to a Nissan dealer and they could not fix problem since the noise stopped before I got to the dealer. I did make a video of the car as the noise was occurring and played it for the service manager to hear. He agreed the noise was from the rear but no error code showed on their computer and therefore they could not do anything. After calling Nissan consumer affairs on multiple occasions and they spoke to the service dept both agreed nothing could be done until they actually hear the noise in the car at the time in the shop.

Concern is the whistle starts at random after a rain storm and will drain the battery overnight. This is quite concerning since the car has less than 4000 miles on it. Other cars have reported the same issue on the Murano forum and the dealer changed the rear hatch sensor and the fuel pump which are the only two electric items in the rear. Nissan refuses to change either. I believe the lemon law applies after the third failure by the dealer to fix problem.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I bought a 2007 Nissan Murano 8 years ago with 16,000 miles on it. I now have less than 103,000 miles. 2 weeks ago I was driving and it stopped right in the middle of a busy street... It boosted off, but on the way home, it began making a squealing now that got louder when I was driving 40 mph. I got it checked when it died backing out of the driveway... Got it towed... Needed a new alternator. Now it started doing the same squeezing noise and RPM running 3times higher than it should... Now it needs a new $4400 transmission!! Oh... Not to mention that I have had the front right part of my axle replaced twice in the past 3 years. I am disabled and cannot afford to have a new transmission put in... I'm praying Nissan will cover this under a warranty. I am so upset and disappointed.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I bought a 2012 Nissan Murano, 2 years ago. I paid cash for the car. I bought the car in Denver, Colorado from Plant Honda, I really like the car EXCEPT the Transmission went out. When buying the Nissan I knew Nothing about the CVT Transmission. The car started jerking when backing up and lunging forward. Checked the fluid. Did not register on the stick. My husband decided to replace the Transmission and filter, not a big deal. The problem was after we replaced it. The car would NOT go into gear. We called Nissan here where we live, they said there was not a filter. Also they do not work on the CVT transmission. We had the car towed to a Transmission shop here. They called and said we needed a new Transmission, that those transmission have been known to go out around 30,000 miles. The transmission is on order but I have to wait because where they build transmission are on back order.

I then called Nissan here to see if there may have been a RECALL on that transmission, no there hasn't been a recall. I called the corporate office, they told me they MIGHT be able to help if I would have the car towed to a Nissan dealer so they can diagnose the problem (at my expense) then Maybe they might help. I spent 18,000 on the car and now I have to spend another 4,000 to have the transmission fixed. Needless to say I am NOT HAPPY. I have less than 95,000 miles on the car. I will never buy another Nissan. I will Warn anyone who is thinking of buying a new Nissan. I can not express how dissatisfied I am on the car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: June 21, 2017

The frame in my 2006 Nissan Murano broke in half today while driving. The frame and subframe are so rusted the dealer says it can not be repaired. I'm kind of in shock that an 11 year old car with only 92k miles would break in half. Nissan has escalated the issue to a regional customer service rep. Has anyone here had this problem and been fairly compensated by Nissan?

Original review: May 27, 2017

So discussed with the bosses at Nissan for not recalling Muranos for potentially dangerous suffrage rust. They've recalled Altimas with the same problem, and according to the company, there is a single plant that installed defective steel subframes. You would think Nissan would rather fix the flaw instead of paying the potential lawsuits. My mechanic said I was very fortunate that the rear didn't collapse after hitting a pothole at 60 MPH. I'm not finished with my pursuit of compensation.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I bought the 2007 Nissan Murano brand new, the first year I had to take it in for a 2.5 quart oil with service engine on. And ever since I have had multiple problems with this car. I truly believe I bought a lemon. My extended warranty has pay for fixes on this vehicle over $9000 dollars in fixes. I complain to Nissan Corporate and they wanted me to go to a Nissan dealership for a diagnostic, which I paid for $99 dollars, the service guy told me that I had over $6400 dollars in fixes. I sent the info to Nissan Corporate, and they denied my claim.

I said, "Why would you have me do this if you are going to deny it anyway." With all the fixes throughout the years and this it is crazy. They are nice vehicles but if you have a problem, you are on your own, Nissan Corporate will not stand behind their product. Be aware of this. If you find yourself with your oil dropping to oil to 2.5 quarts and rattle noise you will have forever and it will get worse. I have tried multiple time for Nissan Corporate to step up and do something about, but they always denied any of my requests. I have most of my repairs, if you were to look at them you would be extremely surprised. Thank you.

Original review: April 14, 2017

In March of 2016 I purchased a 2009 Nissan Murano and it's been the worst decision of my life. A year later I have an exhaust leak and need a new transmission. While driving on the highway, my car simply stopped and wouldn't go into gear. I have spent over 1,000 in rental cars because I have to go to work, 125.00 for a battery, 200.00 new tires, and 600.00 for an alternator. Money pit! I always thought Nissans were great cars! Don't buy Nissan people. You will regret it.

Original review: March 19, 2017

Nissan Murano 2019 transmission & transfer assy problems - I almost get into an accident on a hill because my Nissan Murano hesitates upon acceleration. Driving for a while then stopping at a red light the car doesn't go. While I go up a hills the car feels like it is not going to make it. I took this car to the dealer in New Jersey and had to spend $4000 in repairs. I will never recommend anyone to buy a Nissan.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I purchased a 2003 Nissan Murano used in 2004 with 17,000 miles. In the first 10 years I owned this car I never put 10,000 miles a year on it, kept regular maintenance, garage kept and climate controlled. I have to say I loved the quality and handling of this car. In the last two years the instant this car hit 125,000 miles the suspension started going and has been replaced one thing right after another. Struts, control arms (upper and lower), ball joints, strut mounts, sway bars, bearings and tie rods, some of these parts replaced twice.

In May 2015 the air duct recall was handled at Nissan of Chesterton in Indiana and at that time they gave me a quote on the catalytic converter replacement at $1498.00. I went to the dealership to investigate if any of this had been recalled besides the air duct recall as well as some rust I noticed in the interior rear door wells. I was told none of it was ever recalled including the catalytic converter and the rust was a normal wear and tear occurrence and expected. The oil pan started leaking and had that repaired, intake and exhaust camshaft sensors, left front axle seal, radiator cap, catalytic converter, solenoid and hoses.

Today I took it to my local garage that has handled most of my repairs to have the suspension checked again due to the clunking noises that suddenly started happening and to my horror I am told the strut mounts are bad again and the rear stabilizer bar is nearly rusted out of the frame. In fact the frame is rusted out to the point the bar cannot be replaced without that part of the frame being replaced. I came home and googled Nissan rust issues and have found a class action lawsuit on the Altima for serious rust issues but so far not yet on the Murano though this seems to be a big complaint.

I refuse to put another dime into this car and just before all of this I had hoped to check out the Rogue. Never again Nissan. I probably have less than a month to find a new car before the rear stabilizer comes completely off. Currently this vehicle is barely safe to drive. Not what I had planned. I have a stack of receipts I am not going to scan and post with this review but if they become necessary for any reason I have them available.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

2010 Nissan Murano 66,000 Miles and SO FAR ABS Actuator (Part alone $2200), 2 door actuators (estimated parts and labor $1500), drivers side sunvisor (estimated $300). CASE # **. I am so upset, angered, disgusted with Nissan I don't know where to begin. My 2010 Murano - only has 66,738 miles on it. I bought it BRAND NEW in the $35,000 range and planned on keeping this car for 10-12 years. Within the past 3 months my car has had a driver's visor issue which I was told would cost almost $400 to fix and apparently is such a common issue that a RECALL should have been done.

Three months later I had both my passenger side door and rear passenger side door actuators go bad that I was estimated would cost $1500 to fix. While I wasn't happy I let it go and didn't waste the money on either. NOW I was driving home on Interstate 75 in Florida aka "alligator alley" and my ANTI LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM has failed. My wife and 2 children were in the car and we could have all been killed. My car is now in Delray Nissan (Florida) and the Anti Lock Brake System Actuator and Control Unit is bad and the PART ALONE IS $2200!!! This is my family's SAFETY. How can a car, which has been taken care of EXCELLENT by me since its purchase have a major problem like this at 66,000 miles.

I own a 2006 Honda Element with 120K miles and besides regular maintenance HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. My goal was in the next 4-5 months get rid of my Element and finance perhaps a Pathfinder etc. My mother in law was ready to re-up and lease a Rogue. My sister was ready to lease a Pathfinder after she turns in her Chevy Traverse.

NONE OF US WANT A NISSAN ANYMORE AFTER THIS. Now my car is sitting in a dealership, I am at work in the hospital and my wife doesn't even have a car because they had no loan cars to give us and... I have to wait until Monday to see if Nissan can cover the expense of the unit and labor. So discouraged and NEVER expected this from Nissan as this was supposed to be my car and my wife was to purchase a new one in the upcoming months. Please have someone contact me ASAP. Thanks in advance.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I have a 2009 Nissan Murano. I bought it in 2012 with 28,000 miles and at 33,000 miles it had some motor work done and now at 68,000 miles the car smokes when I start it. And I took it to Star Nissan where I got it from and they said I need a motor so they had the car for 4 days and then told me the warranty wasn't going to cover it cause it's from lack of oil changes. So I gave them all my oil change papers and they still won't fix it and I was charged 500.00 for them to tell me that. So then I talk to Nissan consumer affairs and they said the answer is no so then I call then again and again and it's still no. Then I finally called this last time and they said to take it back to a Nissan dealer to have them tell you what's the problem with the motor and cost. So I did to Mid City Nissan and they said "I believe they should cover this for you. It seems like it's not your fault the motor is bad."

So they contacted the warranty and the answer was still not going to be covered so now my car is there and I have to pay another 600.00 dollars for them to tell me they're not going to fix it. So I have this car I can't drive and I still have to make the payments on it. This is not fair. No one in the Nissan corp. will help me. I believe this car had motor problems when I bought it that's why there was motor work done at 33,000 miles three months after I bought it. It's a lemon.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

Buyer be aware. We purchased a 2016 Murano with the Technology package and found out after the fact that it does NOT have beeping sensors when approaching stationary items. Although it has a front and back camera, as you approach too close to a stationary item, or about to hit said item, the vehicle will NOT sound a beep as a warning. This was very disappointing to learn since this technology has been around since dinosaurs. Funny part is I called Nissan headquarters today to obtain an explanation and they had no answer other than "contact your dealer."

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

I have owned a 2005, 2009, and now the 2015 Platinum series. The automatic/safety stop feature in this vehicle is dangerous. It has almost put me thru the windshield a few times. I am surprised that I don't have whiplash or that I have not been rear ended yet. It happens out of nowhere... no one in front or either side of me and next thing I know... dead stop! If someone would have been behind me during these incidents, I know without a doubt that someone would have rear ended me. I have asked the dealership to turn this feature off because I am now afraid to drive this vehicle. My biggest fear is going down a busy highway and this feature decides to activate. OMG... I can't imagine.

The dealership said... "Well, you have to keep the sensor clean." Duh... when you drive in snow, sleet, mud, rain (Canadian Weather)... this is not possible unless I am stopping every 10 minutes to clean it. I have always been a fan of the Murano and I have been loyal for 12 years, 3 vehicles later. Maybe it's time to go to something other than Nissan. My loyalty is wearing thin when my life is at stake!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

Just purchased a 2016 Nissan Murano last month September 2016 and already having issues. Haven't even made my first payment on the car and the car has less than 1,000 miles. That's not the scary part. The issue was with the brakes. My wife was backing out of the driveway and her brakes stopped responding. She nearly hit a light pole and fence behind her, luckily she placed the car in drive and avoided that collision. Her next problem was that the car is now moving forward and brakes still not responding. She threw the car into "park" before colliding with our neighbor's car. After calming my wife down, I asked her to step out of the car so I can take a look for myself. When I got into the driver seat I noticed the brake pedal was almost to the floor. There was maybe about an inch of play on the pedal.

Opened case with Nissan Consumer Affairs and was told there wasn't any recalls for my vehicle. A quick google search proved that to be untrue. Not happy being lied to. Arrived at the dealer to discuss the issue with the service adviser and he told me the recall was for car's ABS system. But it does not affect my vehicle. He proceeded to ask me several questions about the incident. One question that really bothered me was if we by any chance had bumped our car in the front end or maybe someone hit our front bumper. My answer was "No, why?" He informed that they have seen where people bump the front bumper and break the sensor the works with the "forward collision warning" system. This system is supposed to apply the brakes before colliding with the car in front of you.

Well he informed that if this sensor is damaged, they've seen that it causes the brakes to stop working. WHAT??? Nissan, are you kidding me. Please someone from Nissan engineering confirm this. Because if it's true, there lots of lawsuits coming your way. Luckily this happened near our driveway in a residential neighborhood, with no kids in the car because I dropped the kids off at school in my car this morning. Had this been at a busy intersection, things could have turned out really bad.

Any Nissan executives reading this post, take a moment and think, what if this was your family in your product. Get the issue resolved before it claims innocent lives. I will be posting my story on every Nissan forum and consumer complaint site I can think of. Feel free to reach out to me. Find my contact information on the Nissan Consumer Affairs case **.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

2015 Nissan Murano SV - BY FAR THE WORST VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED. 1.5 months into ownership Two dealerships tell us it's new car smell - burning off the factory smell. BS! Heater block cord was never secured to the frame and was MELTING against the fan. Transfer case is leaking and needs the seals replaced. AFTER A MONTH AND HALF. OCS sensor (air bag) disables while an adult is seated in front passenger seat. 8 MONTHS, 5 resets, 3 reprogramming, 2 OCS sensor replacements, and one new OCS control unit later and I have lost ALL patience!

Audio/nav screen is nonresponsive at times. Lift gate opens halfway at times (no obstructions). Vehicle seized on the highway maxing 70kms hr when we were trying to pass with flow of traffic at 120km. LOUD knocking sound over bumps. I've filed with BBB CAMVAP Arbitration, Transport Canada and have contacted the media. News is doing an interview about poor experience with Nissan on Monday morning. I WISH I would've seen this page before purchasing!

Updated on 10/16/2016: I recently wrote a review regarding my 2015 Nissan Murano and the multiple issues I've been experiencing with it. One MAJOR issue is with regard to the OCS Sensor RECALL. I would like to update everyone here with a few resources to ensure their safety as clearly we have to look out for ourselves here. :( PLEASE check out the NHTSA website regarding the OCS sensor recall and read their complaints. Even after the repairs are completed, MANY people like myself are still experiencing issues. I've gone to one major media outlet here in Canada and a thorough interview was aired. Please take a look and protect yourselves if you are part of this Nationwide recall.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

I've been always a Nissan fanboy but things changed when my Murano 2012 failed miserably right after the warranty expired with 1K over the 60K manufacturer warranty. Its so sad Nissan ignores such a big issue with their transmission. I took great care of my car and for it to fail after 4 years. I would not recommend anyone to own a Nissan Murano unless they are ready to pay 5K for a CVT replacement right after the warranty will expire. The dealer shop in San Juan Capistrano - Imperio Nissan told me that there was nothing wrong with the car and then after another 1K they were able to actually figure out that they did find the problem and suggested to do a full replacement right after my car was out of warranty.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2016

I've had my 2005 Murano for 11 years. Engine and transmission I've had no problems. However the alarm system was the first to fail. Then the CD player. Now door handle just break or should say detach for reasons unknown. What's crazy is I don't use passenger doors much because I'm mostly alone. So I just don't get it. Also the lock system is terrible. It in locks 1 out of 5 doors 80% of the time. Very annoying especially when you go shopping and can't open the hatch back.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

Very bad transmission. Not a reliable vehicle. Do not buy Nissan. CVT Transmission are breaking down after 5 or 6 years. Look for something better.

Original review: July 23, 2016

My first purchase of Nissan vehicle ever... I purchased a 2008 Murano with 106000 KM from friend. At the end of June 2016 I started feeling that my car is jerking/missing at speed 10-20 KM/H and stayed in the lowest gear and would not shift up to the next gear. Nissan dealership said it was the CVT issue. As it covered 2003 to 2010 Muranos in USA not in Saudi Arabia. Quoted me 39K Riyals for the repair -- ridiculous!!! I can't afford to have the repair done. Can some guide me. Is this extended warranty accepted world wide or only in USA. My question from NISSAN, if this extended warranty is in USA so why not in Saudi Arabia. Is NISSAN not selling their cars in Saudi Arabia? Please guide me how to get extend warranty in Saudi Arabia.

Original review: June 13, 2016

My first purchase of a Nissan vehicle ever... Recently purchased a 2011 Murano from our company fleet in March 2016. At the end of May 2016 I started hearing a fluttering noise from the engine and the car stayed in the lowest gear and would not shift up to the next gear. Nissan dealership said it was the CVT but mine would not be covered, as it covered 2003 to 2010 Muranos AND a few earlier 2011 models. Quoted me $4800 for the repair --- ridiculous!!! Waiting on a call from Nissan Consumer Affairs but why would I want to own a vehicle with such problems??? I can't afford to have the repair done -- vehicle is sitting in my garage. My neighbor had her Nissan Maxima for over 15 yrs.

Original review: June 10, 2016

Recently purchased a brand new 2016 Nissan Murano and began to notice within the first 2000 km that on some occasions, after a longer trip there were oil spots on the garage floor. Took the car in for servicing and the dealer determined that there was a transfer case leak from the seal between the CVT and the transfer case. Nissan repaired the problem under warranty and I was told that only about 30% of the oil capacity was lost (I image this to be a conservative estimate). My concern is that some damage could have occurred to the transfer case components and if such a major issue occurred this early on, what other problems are going to appear. Not at all impressed with Nissan's quality control.

Original review: June 8, 2016

Purchased a used Murano 2006 at 71k. Beautiful inner and exterior. 34 days after purchase transmission failed on my way to work. Problem after problem with no help from Nissan. Very sad and stressful when you're already struggling.

Original review: May 6, 2016

Bought a new Murano 2015 Platinum series and really like all external and internal looks and comfort however... The navigation system is the worst I have ever experienced! I am comparing it to GMC, Cadillac, and Acura vehicles I have owned and currently own. I can be two blocks away from a connection to a freeway and it would direct me to turn in an opposite direction. When I look at the details of where it would take me it just makes a large loop to eventually get back to a corrected point for me to continue to my destination. I also have input the route using my Smartphone nav and it would take me to the proper route guidance. It was set to "fastest" route so I changed it to "shortest" route to see if that would fix the issue and it also tried to send me in incorrect directions.

I called the dealer and asked they have had any complaints and they said they hadn't. The service manager told me it had the latest version and there was no problems that were correctable. I then called the salesman that sold me the car and after explaining my issue he said he had an Infinity and he hated the navigation because of the same issue I had. His suggestion was to not use the cars nav and just use my phone nav, which is what he does. I told him that was not a satisfactory solution and he gave me the 800 number for Nissan Consumer Affairs, which I then called.

Following the menu prompts to one extension to "Navigation" questions it was answered by a women to whom I explained the purpose of my call and complaint. She told me that the call she just finished was from a person with the same complaint! She then apologized because her department just answered basic questions and sold Nav updates. She told me to call back to the same 800 number but select a different prompt number, (7) I believe. I did that and the person answering listened to my story and said he was making notes about it all. He then told me to take it back to the dealer to see if they could fix the issue. I told him what I had already done and that is was NOT a dealer fixable problem, but rather a problem with the programming design provided by the NAV supplier to Nissan. He then gave me a case number and said there was nothing else that could be done.

He asked if there was anything else I would like him to do and I said nothing except to tell Nissan of my frustration about non-answers and no solution. I strongly expressed my dismay and frustration with my first Nissan purchase over what I perceive as a lack of oversight by senior management in allowing a poor, and expensive, product to be allowed on one of those higher end products. One last thing, the last straw so to speak, when I spoke with my dealer salesman he said he heard that the next Nav generation will allow a Smartphone communication that would just about duplicate the screen and functions of your phone to be on the cars Nav screen. When I asked if mine could then be upgraded to have this new iteration, he sadly replied "probably not"! I am going to try and find other areas on the web that I can voice this same complaint to get it out to as many people as I can.

Original review: April 23, 2016

In March 2016, at approximately 72,000 miles, the CVT transmission on my 2010 Nissan Murano LE failed as I was pulling out of a Lowe's parking lot. Nissan had extended their warranty to 10 years or 120,000 miles so they fixed it free of charge. Exactly one week after getting my vehicle back from the dealer, I noticed a brown oily fluid leaking on my garage floor. I took it back to the dealer, and they said the CVT transmission was fine but now I had a cracked transfer case. Unfortunately, the transfer case was not covered under their extended warranty and I paid over $1300 for repairs. I will never buy another Nissan automobile again.

Original review: April 22, 2016

Just recently while on the road my Murano all a sudden wouldn't go anymore while I am stepping on the gas pedal. Had to get it towed to Nissan and come to find out it has a bad transmission. It is a 2011 Nissan Murano with 69k miles on it and already I need to get it replaced?!! Nissan quoted me $3,700 not including tax to replace for a new transmission! In all the cars I have owned never had I ever have to replace their transmission. Nissan should Extend their warranty to all Nissans with CVT. It's a load of bs that they stopped at 2010 and claimed that everything has been fixed on the newer cars but, apparently not!!! Never ever again will I purchase a Nissan or any cars with a CVT transmission for that matter.

Original review: April 20, 2016

I have a 2003 low mileage Nissan Murano. I purchased it at a fair price. It was nice and clean, no rust on the body, ran great! Not long after, it started making a ticking noise. Turned out it was the timing chain which Nissan puts in vehicles - very unprofessionally designed - in which they are absolutely known to be faulty. Type in 'Nissan timing chain noise'. You'll see. Not a cheap fix, costs thousands and timing chains are supposed to last a lifetime like other vehicle makes, but Nissan couldn't get it right, and no matter the complaint amount, won't recall it. They still can't get them right. They just recalled the Jukes for it because they were noticeable too soon and Nissan knew they couldn't get away with that one.

I took it to the dealership to get a routine check which has always had and the rear sub-frame is completely rotted out. The car has no rust the rest of the frame is good - what gives! Nissan tells me I'm SOL basically and then they also add the transfer case is leaking. I have an old 90s Taurus and multiple cars and never had a sub-frame rot, as old as they were. DON'T BUY NISSAN, DON'T LOOK AT NISSAN. READ UP ON YOUR VEHICLE BEFORE PURCHASE. If it's a Nissan, you won't like what you read, guaranteed. And if there's nothing there, it's too new. Just wait, it'll fail.

Original review: March 11, 2016

I recently purchased a 2015 Nissan Murano two weeks ago. On first sight everything seemed perfect, I thought I had fallen in love with the car. I had originally looked at the Ford Edge and the Hyundai Sante Fe Sport, but thought perhaps the Nissan Murano would be more comfortable and durable. The first week I had it I noticed the reflection of the a/c vents in the side mirrors which is distracting as you think someone is right beside you, then I noticed in the front leg part of the seats is a plastic piece that sticks out about an inch. I have repeatedly scraped my leg on it and even cut my ankle when I exited the car. My granddaughter also had the same issue on the passenger side.

I went back to the dealer and was told that is the same on all Muranos and they referred me to a shop that does custom interiors. So I called and was told it could be over $200 to fix each side. Why should I have to pay more out of pocket to fix a dangerous situation in my new car. Plus the shop said not to come in on Thursdays or Fridays because they are usually too busy. What!!! I told my salesman and he told me to get back with them after I take my car in. I told my salesman that I would be trading this car in as soon as I could. Of course I will take a loss but this is terrible customer service. I should have kept driving my Elantra until it quit running!!!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2016

I purchased my 2005 Murano in Dec 2008. LOVE driving this vehicle, HOWEVER I have replaced every part on the front end twice. Currently have 177,000 miles and my tires were uneven and I have grinding noise and clunking sounds coming from the front end. Pretty much tired of replacing parts... Oh and now that I have put in 120,000 miles I am in need of my 3rd set of tires... and it drops low on oil about every 2,000 miles I need to add a quart of oil, and no leaks found.

Nissan Murano Company Information