2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.91/5

The Nissan Murano is the company's first SUV crossover. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Nissan Murano Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Murano?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Murano?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

I was told I need a new transmission after having the car for 2 years. The dealership is asking for 13,000 dollars to fix my car. I wish I had of know Nissan Muranos is known to have transmission problems. I been going back and forth with Carshield over a month. Worst experience ever.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

My transmission went out at only 136,000 miles. Every place I called to help me stated that this is a VERY common problem. It is extremely difficult if not impossible to find a used transmission and even if you do it is difficult to reprogram it for your vehicle. The only place to get a new transmission is from Nissan which is EXTREMELY expensive! You also have to pay for reprogramming and use ONLY Nissan fluids. Nissan is aware of this problem and has not offered to correct their problem.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

The 2020 Murano has slits under the doors to let water out to prevent rust. This feature lets dust leak in. We live on gravel. My car is so dusty I have to Swiffer it constantly. I think there has to be a better design. I have contacted the company and have been told it is working as designed. I wish I would have known about this and went with another Awd SUV.

Original review: July 9, 2020

I bought a brand new 2019 Nissan Murano in Sept 2019. A week after I bought this nissan the radio would come on for 5-10secs and turn off with the car completely turned off. They ordered a new one back in April which is supposedly on backorder as of July 9, 2020. The washer fluid motor went bad last month. I was told they ordered it, bring it in and was told they ordered the wrong part. Two days ago the front windows decided to roll down all by themselves on several occasions with the vehicle being completely off. Every time I call, no one would call me back and today I finally had a very unprofessional rude gentleman call me and proceeded to hang up on me several times. Customer service is absolutely horrible as well as their vehicles. Once these parts are changed I will definitely be trading it in!

Original review: May 22, 2020

I have a 2011 Murano with only 89,000 miles. What problems could it possibly give me right? WRONG! The transmission has started jerk and when I step on the gas to go from a complete stop it starts out very slow then speeds up! After looking into the problem it turns out that Nissan extended their warranty on the cvt transmissions because of this. It was costing up to $4,000 to fix or replace the whole transmission! And too many complaints and problems with the cvt. HOWEVER guess what? My vehicle IS NOT part of the extended warranty! Only certain models with certain VINs. Ugh! This is bs! I'm so pissed???.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

This is my second Murano and have had this one 7 1/2 years. We have maintained this car and rides and comfort fantastic. Easy to get in and out of. Still looks great. Will eventually get another Murano as we have had no problems or issues. Love it!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I have had my Murano for approximately 2 month now and I love it. It is so comfortable and rides like a dream. Handles great and is a joy to drive. I haven't set everything up yet, but there's a lot you can do. I haven't driven in the snow yet, but my friend has a Murano and she says it handles great in the snow. My brother drove with me on a 2 hour road trip and he was very impressed with the ride. I recommend to anyone looking at Muranos.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

This is our second Nissan Murano. We shopped for several weeks for a vehicle that would compare with the Murano and all its bells and whistles to include more expensive luxury SUVs. We compared apple to apples, and drove all the vehicles. After seriously considering all the other vehicles, we thought that the Lexus SUV would be at least comparable. While it drove as well as the Murano, it simply did not have all the safety and convenience feature of the Murano. WE ended up buying another Murano Platinum with all the features of the original one. After driving it for a year, we know we made the right decision.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Bought a used certified 2018 Nissan Murano a little over a month ago. Service has been great and I love everything about the car- it’s roomy, drives very smoothly, has great pickup, is very quiet, and looks fantastic!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I love the car, its ride and interior. I do have a problem seeing over the right front quarter. It is built up a bit and I am short so when turning I can't see over the right quarter. I hit a few curbs now and then which is very frightening.

Nissan Murano Company Information