3.52/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Nissan Murano

The Nissan Murano is the company's first SUV crossover. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Nissan Murano Reviews

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I purchased a Murano Cross Cab Convertible, along with an expensive warranty because I was told the top could be a problem. Took it in for service because the top would not go down and my trunk would not open. Fast forward, I was told a needed a whole new roof because a harness was corroded. You guessed it, corrosion is not covered on the warranty. The part was $400 but they wouldn't honor the one we found online and said I need a whole roof. Total $10000! As a "goodwill gesture", they agreed to pay 60% of the repair. I am still out $4000 and am having an unnecessary repair because a corporate engineer said I need a new roof and the technicians did not know how to just replace the part.

To the credit of the local dealership, they were awesome and reimbursed me half of the repair. Nissan America, after "sorry for your inconvenience"ing me to death said they can't help me any further. I was without my car for almost 4 months. Worst customer service ever! Sadly, the car was sharp and I loved driving it, but Corporate's handling of my matter made me hate that car and I drove it right off the lot and onto the lot of another brand. Nissan lost a customer for life!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

My 2018 Nissan Murano just had its transmission replaced. It had 48000 km on it. I’m going to trade it in before the warranty expires. It’s not reliable. It also had a front bumper sensor go on it that was about $2000 to replace.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I purchased 2007 Nissan Murano 6 months ago. Car was running good, and starts good. Recently, when I drove the car, I heard clunk sound per drive at 40 MPH. I didn't know what it was but it was occurring every day. Last Saturday, I ran the car and it was working great. On the freeway, I set the cruise control at 70mph. Going up hill, I heard rattling noise from engine like using low octane. All of sudden, I lost the power. The RPM was up but car was not going so I pulled to the right. At lower speed around 40, the car was moving but not passing over 60. Luckly, I came home.

Now, I am trying to fix the tranny from used part but I am afraid that after spending 3000, it might happen again since CVT tranny from Nissan is not good design. Big engine with small tranny. Bad design. I going to trade the car and accept whatever they will offer. The Japanese used car value should be like Honda or Toyota, but Nissan (not good). At least Nissan should give Murano user, an alternative. Give new tranny that works at their cost.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I purchased my 2010 Murano LE and do not drive much. My SUV has just 64,000 miles and I took it to dealership to have oil changed. My SUV has only been serviced by Nissan and my SUV is in mint condition. The SUV has been trouble free until today when I was informed by dealership I cannot drive my SUV because transmission is ready to fail! They told me as a courtesy they would replace transmission ($5,000), but I would be responsible to pay for the seals in front part of transmission at a cost of $4,000!

I asked if I could have my SUV back and the dealership said it was unsafe to drive and would give me a loaner car if I approved repair estimate which I felt I had no choice but to approve it. I researched on web and see now that Nissan is aware of this defect in their CVT transmissions. If I knew this before I would never have purchased this SUV. I feel Nissan should cover ALL costs to fix this transmission problem if they want me to purchase their cars. I will not buy a Nissan again.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Brought a 2009 Murano. Had for two years. Absolutely loved it till the CVT FAILED and I come to find out Nissan extending the warranty on it... due to a class action suit... I didn't qualify due to mileage. Completely disappointed with Nissan. Do your research before purchasing a used Nissan. Never will I buy their product again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Murano?

Original review: April 3, 2019

We really wanted to love this vehicle, but with the rust issues that include exhaust, lines and frame we can’t. We purchased our 2018 Murano on Nov 28, 2018. I happen to notice rust on the tailpipes and looked under the vehicle. To my horror, the whole exhaust was rusted and parts of it had flaky rust as if the rust had been there for a long time, I took it to dealer, they said, they take some picture sent to Nissan but already long time. I still hear nothing, I will check it back, very disappointed, not recommend.

Original review: March 9, 2019

We have a 2011 Nissan Murano, 125000 miles...had to install new struts, sway bar links, lower control arms...$1100 later. Oh, the MAF sensor went, Nissan dealership replaced it and it cost $684. Then the transmission just went, now they are saying it could have tripped a MAF code. No return for the $648, but now saying transmission is approximately $5000... NO MORE NISSANS.

Original review: March 3, 2019

We purchased a 2018 Murano on October 28, 2018. Two months later on January 12, 2019 and 3,000 miles on it, I noticed rust on the tailpipes. I looked under the vehicle and to my horror the whole exhaust was rusted. Not surface rust either, but flaky rust indicating it must have been there for a long time. As I continued to look around, I also noticed rust on cable connections, suspension and frame. We took it back to the dealer where they received approval from Nissan to replace the whole exhaust and cables, but not do anything on the frame or suspension because “it was normal”. Now I am stuck fighting Nissan to make it right. Their Customer Service (Nissan1) is a joke! There is no way a car with 3,000 miles and two months old could have rust. I would advise any current Murano owner to inspect their vehicle for rust and discourage anyone thinking of purchasing a Murano not to. I will never purchase another Nissan again.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Own a 2012 Nissan Murano. Purchased it used three years ago and I drive it everyday for work. It has 111,000 miles on the car and while traveling for work the transmission gives out on me and it will not accelerate. This is a huge issue and is happening to a lot of Nissan cars with CVT engines. It is going to cost me over 4,500 dollars to replace the transmission because they are not making this properly. They had numerous cars with extended warranties and my car is not one of the years included in the warranty.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

2007 Nissan Murano with 115k miles dies suddenly on the interstate with my daughter driving. She barely made it to the emergency lane. No notice, nothing, just quit. Took it to mechanic and he told me 2007 had bad transmissions. It would cost 3500 to replace it and he said the same thing would happen to new transmission. Nissan never recalled, even though transmissions are bad.

Nissan Murano Company Information