Nissan Murano

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

2010 Nissan Murano 66,000 Miles and SO FAR ABS Actuator (Part alone $2200), 2 door actuators (estimated parts and labor $1500), drivers side sunvisor (estimated $300). CASE # **. I am so upset, angered, disgusted with Nissan I don't know where to begin. My 2010 Murano - only has 66,738 miles on it. I bought it BRAND NEW in the $35,000 range and planned on keeping this car for 10-12 years. Within the past 3 months my car has had a driver's visor issue which I was told would cost almost $400 to fix and apparently is such a common issue that a RECALL should have been done.

Three months later I had both my passenger side door and rear passenger side door actuators go bad that I was estimated would cost $1500 to fix. While I wasn't happy I let it go and didn't waste the money on either. NOW I was driving home on Interstate 75 in Florida aka "alligator alley" and my ANTI LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM has failed. My wife and 2 children were in the car and we could have all been killed. My car is now in Delray Nissan (Florida) and the Anti Lock Brake System Actuator and Control Unit is bad and the PART ALONE IS $2200!!! This is my family's SAFETY. How can a car, which has been taken care of EXCELLENT by me since its purchase have a major problem like this at 66,000 miles.

I own a 2006 Honda Element with 120K miles and besides regular maintenance HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. My goal was in the next 4-5 months get rid of my Element and finance perhaps a Pathfinder etc. My mother in law was ready to re-up and lease a Rogue. My sister was ready to lease a Pathfinder after she turns in her Chevy Traverse.

NONE OF US WANT A NISSAN ANYMORE AFTER THIS. Now my car is sitting in a dealership, I am at work in the hospital and my wife doesn't even have a car because they had no loan cars to give us and... I have to wait until Monday to see if Nissan can cover the expense of the unit and labor. So discouraged and NEVER expected this from Nissan as this was supposed to be my car and my wife was to purchase a new one in the upcoming months. Please have someone contact me ASAP. Thanks in advance.

I have a 2009 Nissan Murano. I bought it in 2012 with 28,000 miles and at 33,000 miles it had some motor work done and now at 68,000 miles the car smokes when I start it. And I took it to Star Nissan where I got it from and they said I need a motor so they had the car for 4 days and then told me the warranty wasn't going to cover it cause it's from lack of oil changes. So I gave them all my oil change papers and they still won't fix it and I was charged 500.00 for them to tell me that. So then I talk to Nissan consumer affairs and they said the answer is no so then I call then again and again and it's still no. Then I finally called this last time and they said to take it back to a Nissan dealer to have them tell you what's the problem with the motor and cost. So I did to Mid City Nissan and they said "I believe they should cover this for you. It seems like it's not your fault the motor is bad."

So they contacted the warranty and the answer was still not going to be covered so now my car is there and I have to pay another 600.00 dollars for them to tell me they're not going to fix it. So I have this car I can't drive and I still have to make the payments on it. This is not fair. No one in the Nissan corp. will help me. I believe this car had motor problems when I bought it that's why there was motor work done at 33,000 miles three months after I bought it. It's a lemon.

Buyer be aware. We purchased a 2016 Murano with the Technology package and found out after the fact that it does NOT have beeping sensors when approaching stationary items. Although it has a front and back camera, as you approach too close to a stationary item, or about to hit said item, the vehicle will NOT sound a beep as a warning. This was very disappointing to learn since this technology has been around since dinosaurs. Funny part is I called Nissan headquarters today to obtain an explanation and they had no answer other than "contact your dealer."

I have owned a 2005, 2009, and now the 2015 Platinum series. The automatic/safety stop feature in this vehicle is dangerous. It has almost put me thru the windshield a few times. I am surprised that I don't have whiplash or that I have not been rear ended yet. It happens out of nowhere... no one in front or either side of me and next thing I know... dead stop! If someone would have been behind me during these incidents, I know without a doubt that someone would have rear ended me. I have asked the dealership to turn this feature off because I am now afraid to drive this vehicle. My biggest fear is going down a busy highway and this feature decides to activate. OMG... I can't imagine.

The dealership said... "Well, you have to keep the sensor clean." Duh... when you drive in snow, sleet, mud, rain (Canadian Weather)... this is not possible unless I am stopping every 10 minutes to clean it. I have always been a fan of the Murano and I have been loyal for 12 years, 3 vehicles later. Maybe it's time to go to something other than Nissan. My loyalty is wearing thin when my life is at stake!

Just purchased a 2016 Nissan Murano last month September 2016 and already having issues. Haven't even made my first payment on the car and the car has less than 1,000 miles. That's not the scary part. The issue was with the brakes. My wife was backing out of the driveway and her brakes stopped responding. She nearly hit a light pole and fence behind her, luckily she placed the car in drive and avoided that collision. Her next problem was that the car is now moving forward and brakes still not responding. She threw the car into "park" before colliding with our neighbor's car. After calming my wife down, I asked her to step out of the car so I can take a look for myself. When I got into the driver seat I noticed the brake pedal was almost to the floor. There was maybe about an inch of play on the pedal.

Opened case with Nissan Consumer Affairs and was told there wasn't any recalls for my vehicle. A quick google search proved that to be untrue. Not happy being lied to. Arrived at the dealer to discuss the issue with the service adviser and he told me the recall was for car's ABS system. But it does not affect my vehicle. He proceeded to ask me several questions about the incident. One question that really bothered me was if we by any chance had bumped our car in the front end or maybe someone hit our front bumper. My answer was "No, why?" He informed that they have seen where people bump the front bumper and break the sensor the works with the "forward collision warning" system. This system is supposed to apply the brakes before colliding with the car in front of you.

Well he informed that if this sensor is damaged, they've seen that it causes the brakes to stop working. WHAT??? Nissan, are you kidding me. Please someone from Nissan engineering confirm this. Because if it's true, there lots of lawsuits coming your way. Luckily this happened near our driveway in a residential neighborhood, with no kids in the car because I dropped the kids off at school in my car this morning. Had this been at a busy intersection, things could have turned out really bad.

Any Nissan executives reading this post, take a moment and think, what if this was your family in your product. Get the issue resolved before it claims innocent lives. I will be posting my story on every Nissan forum and consumer complaint site I can think of. Feel free to reach out to me. Find my contact information on the Nissan Consumer Affairs case **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

2015 Nissan Murano SV - BY FAR THE WORST VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED. 1.5 months into ownership Two dealerships tell us it's new car smell - burning off the factory smell. BS! Heater block cord was never secured to the frame and was MELTING against the fan. Transfer case is leaking and needs the seals replaced. AFTER A MONTH AND HALF. OCS sensor (air bag) disables while an adult is seated in front passenger seat. 8 MONTHS, 5 resets, 3 reprogramming, 2 OCS sensor replacements, and one new OCS control unit later and I have lost ALL patience!

Audio/nav screen is nonresponsive at times. Lift gate opens halfway at times (no obstructions). Vehicle seized on the highway maxing 70kms hr when we were trying to pass with flow of traffic at 120km. LOUD knocking sound over bumps. I've filed with BBB CAMVAP Arbitration, Transport Canada and have contacted the media. News is doing an interview about poor experience with Nissan on Monday morning. I WISH I would've seen this page before purchasing!

Updated on 10/16/2016: I recently wrote a review regarding my 2015 Nissan Murano and the multiple issues I've been experiencing with it. One MAJOR issue is with regard to the OCS Sensor RECALL. I would like to update everyone here with a few resources to ensure their safety as clearly we have to look out for ourselves here. :( PLEASE check out the NHTSA website regarding the OCS sensor recall and read their complaints. Even after the repairs are completed, MANY people like myself are still experiencing issues. I've gone to one major media outlet here in Canada and a thorough interview was aired. Please take a look and protect yourselves if you are part of this Nationwide recall.

I've been always a Nissan fanboy but things changed when my Murano 2012 failed miserably right after the warranty expired with 1K over the 60K manufacturer warranty. Its so sad Nissan ignores such a big issue with their transmission. I took great care of my car and for it to fail after 4 years. I would not recommend anyone to own a Nissan Murano unless they are ready to pay 5K for a CVT replacement right after the warranty will expire. The dealer shop in San Juan Capistrano - Imperio Nissan told me that there was nothing wrong with the car and then after another 1K they were able to actually figure out that they did find the problem and suggested to do a full replacement right after my car was out of warranty.

I've had my 2005 Murano for 11 years. Engine and transmission I've had no problems. However the alarm system was the first to fail. Then the CD player. Now door handle just break or should say detach for reasons unknown. What's crazy is I don't use passenger doors much because I'm mostly alone. So I just don't get it. Also the lock system is terrible. It in locks 1 out of 5 doors 80% of the time. Very annoying especially when you go shopping and can't open the hatch back.

Very bad transmission. Not a reliable vehicle. Do not buy Nissan. CVT Transmission are breaking down after 5 or 6 years. Look for something better.

My first purchase of Nissan vehicle ever... I purchased a 2008 Murano with 106000 KM from friend. At the end of June 2016 I started feeling that my car is jerking/missing at speed 10-20 KM/H and stayed in the lowest gear and would not shift up to the next gear. Nissan dealership said it was the CVT issue. As it covered 2003 to 2010 Muranos in USA not in Saudi Arabia. Quoted me 39K Riyals for the repair -- ridiculous!!! I can't afford to have the repair done. Can some guide me. Is this extended warranty accepted world wide or only in USA. My question from NISSAN, if this extended warranty is in USA so why not in Saudi Arabia. Is NISSAN not selling their cars in Saudi Arabia? Please guide me how to get extend warranty in Saudi Arabia.

My first purchase of a Nissan vehicle ever... Recently purchased a 2011 Murano from our company fleet in March 2016. At the end of May 2016 I started hearing a fluttering noise from the engine and the car stayed in the lowest gear and would not shift up to the next gear. Nissan dealership said it was the CVT but mine would not be covered, as it covered 2003 to 2010 Muranos AND a few earlier 2011 models. Quoted me $4800 for the repair --- ridiculous!!! Waiting on a call from Nissan Consumer Affairs but why would I want to own a vehicle with such problems??? I can't afford to have the repair done -- vehicle is sitting in my garage. My neighbor had her Nissan Maxima for over 15 yrs.

Recently purchased a brand new 2016 Nissan Murano and began to notice within the first 2000 km that on some occasions, after a longer trip there were oil spots on the garage floor. Took the car in for servicing and the dealer determined that there was a transfer case leak from the seal between the CVT and the transfer case. Nissan repaired the problem under warranty and I was told that only about 30% of the oil capacity was lost (I image this to be a conservative estimate). My concern is that some damage could have occurred to the transfer case components and if such a major issue occurred this early on, what other problems are going to appear. Not at all impressed with Nissan's quality control.

Purchased a used Murano 2006 at 71k. Beautiful inner and exterior. 34 days after purchase transmission failed on my way to work. Problem after problem with no help from Nissan. Very sad and stressful when you're already struggling.

Bought a new Murano 2015 Platinum series and really like all external and internal looks and comfort however... The navigation system is the worst I have ever experienced! I am comparing it to GMC, Cadillac, and Acura vehicles I have owned and currently own. I can be two blocks away from a connection to a freeway and it would direct me to turn in an opposite direction. When I look at the details of where it would take me it just makes a large loop to eventually get back to a corrected point for me to continue to my destination. I also have input the route using my Smartphone nav and it would take me to the proper route guidance. It was set to "fastest" route so I changed it to "shortest" route to see if that would fix the issue and it also tried to send me in incorrect directions.

I called the dealer and asked they have had any complaints and they said they hadn't. The service manager told me it had the latest version and there was no problems that were correctable. I then called the salesman that sold me the car and after explaining my issue he said he had an Infinity and he hated the navigation because of the same issue I had. His suggestion was to not use the cars nav and just use my phone nav, which is what he does. I told him that was not a satisfactory solution and he gave me the 800 number for Nissan Consumer Affairs, which I then called.

Following the menu prompts to one extension to "Navigation" questions it was answered by a women to whom I explained the purpose of my call and complaint. She told me that the call she just finished was from a person with the same complaint! She then apologized because her department just answered basic questions and sold Nav updates. She told me to call back to the same 800 number but select a different prompt number, (7) I believe. I did that and the person answering listened to my story and said he was making notes about it all. He then told me to take it back to the dealer to see if they could fix the issue. I told him what I had already done and that is was NOT a dealer fixable problem, but rather a problem with the programming design provided by the NAV supplier to Nissan. He then gave me a case number and said there was nothing else that could be done.

He asked if there was anything else I would like him to do and I said nothing except to tell Nissan of my frustration about non-answers and no solution. I strongly expressed my dismay and frustration with my first Nissan purchase over what I perceive as a lack of oversight by senior management in allowing a poor, and expensive, product to be allowed on one of those higher end products. One last thing, the last straw so to speak, when I spoke with my dealer salesman he said he heard that the next Nav generation will allow a Smartphone communication that would just about duplicate the screen and functions of your phone to be on the cars Nav screen. When I asked if mine could then be upgraded to have this new iteration, he sadly replied "probably not"! I am going to try and find other areas on the web that I can voice this same complaint to get it out to as many people as I can.

In March 2016, at approximately 72,000 miles, the CVT transmission on my 2010 Nissan Murano LE failed as I was pulling out of a Lowe's parking lot. Nissan had extended their warranty to 10 years or 120,000 miles so they fixed it free of charge. Exactly one week after getting my vehicle back from the dealer, I noticed a brown oily fluid leaking on my garage floor. I took it back to the dealer, and they said the CVT transmission was fine but now I had a cracked transfer case. Unfortunately, the transfer case was not covered under their extended warranty and I paid over $1300 for repairs. I will never buy another Nissan automobile again.

Just recently while on the road my Murano all a sudden wouldn't go anymore while I am stepping on the gas pedal. Had to get it towed to Nissan and come to find out it has a bad transmission. It is a 2011 Nissan Murano with 69k miles on it and already I need to get it replaced?!! Nissan quoted me $3,700 not including tax to replace for a new transmission! In all the cars I have owned never had I ever have to replace their transmission. Nissan should Extend their warranty to all Nissans with CVT. It's a load of bs that they stopped at 2010 and claimed that everything has been fixed on the newer cars but, apparently not!!! Never ever again will I purchase a Nissan or any cars with a CVT transmission for that matter.

I have a 2003 low mileage Nissan Murano. I purchased it at a fair price. It was nice and clean, no rust on the body, ran great! Not long after, it started making a ticking noise. Turned out it was the timing chain which Nissan puts in vehicles - very unprofessionally designed - in which they are absolutely known to be faulty. Type in 'Nissan timing chain noise'. You'll see. Not a cheap fix, costs thousands and timing chains are supposed to last a lifetime like other vehicle makes, but Nissan couldn't get it right, and no matter the complaint amount, won't recall it. They still can't get them right. They just recalled the Jukes for it because they were noticeable too soon and Nissan knew they couldn't get away with that one.

I took it to the dealership to get a routine check which has always had and the rear sub-frame is completely rotted out. The car has no rust the rest of the frame is good - what gives! Nissan tells me I'm SOL basically and then they also add the transfer case is leaking. I have an old 90s Taurus and multiple cars and never had a sub-frame rot, as old as they were. DON'T BUY NISSAN, DON'T LOOK AT NISSAN. READ UP ON YOUR VEHICLE BEFORE PURCHASE. If it's a Nissan, you won't like what you read, guaranteed. And if there's nothing there, it's too new. Just wait, it'll fail.

I recently purchased a 2015 Nissan Murano two weeks ago. On first sight everything seemed perfect, I thought I had fallen in love with the car. I had originally looked at the Ford Edge and the Hyundai Sante Fe Sport, but thought perhaps the Nissan Murano would be more comfortable and durable. The first week I had it I noticed the reflection of the a/c vents in the side mirrors which is distracting as you think someone is right beside you, then I noticed in the front leg part of the seats is a plastic piece that sticks out about an inch. I have repeatedly scraped my leg on it and even cut my ankle when I exited the car. My granddaughter also had the same issue on the passenger side.

I went back to the dealer and was told that is the same on all Muranos and they referred me to a shop that does custom interiors. So I called and was told it could be over $200 to fix each side. Why should I have to pay more out of pocket to fix a dangerous situation in my new car. Plus the shop said not to come in on Thursdays or Fridays because they are usually too busy. What!!! I told my salesman and he told me to get back with them after I take my car in. I told my salesman that I would be trading this car in as soon as I could. Of course I will take a loss but this is terrible customer service. I should have kept driving my Elantra until it quit running!!!

I purchased my 2005 Murano in Dec 2008. LOVE driving this vehicle, HOWEVER I have replaced every part on the front end twice. Currently have 177,000 miles and my tires were uneven and I have grinding noise and clunking sounds coming from the front end. Pretty much tired of replacing parts... Oh and now that I have put in 120,000 miles I am in need of my 3rd set of tires... and it drops low on oil about every 2,000 miles I need to add a quart of oil, and no leaks found.

About a year ago I purchased an 05 Nissan Murano. The car had only 83,000 miles on it and I thought for it to be a 9-year car, that is not too bad and it looked as though it were in good condition. Recently, the engine light came on and I went to get it checked and behold, I need a whole new transmission. I still unfortunately owe $8,000 on the car and it will cost me about $5,500 to fix it. From my understanding, Nissan extended a 10-year manufacturer warranty on the car because of this issue. Well, sadly for me I am 7 months out of warranty, however, I am under 125,000 miles. Whichever falls first they will repair the transmission. I asked, "Well what can be done" and they basically said nothing even though I am under 125,000 miles, but the 10 year hit first. So, I am out some serious money.

Speaking with the representative drew red flags and I will probably never purchase a Nissan again used or new. I do not drive much so if I own this car for 10 years and I am under 125,000 miles then I get no help to fix the car. Which tells me, Nissan KNOWS their engines are not of quality because they put the wording "whichever comes first" into the warranty. Most people will hit 10 years before hitting 125,000 miles and I believe Nissan knows that and they did that so they do not have to pay out, obviously on the boat load of customers who have transmission issues. That is just such poor service and I truly feel ripped off. I am disappointed in Nissan and I really enjoyed the car, but I will never purchase another car from the company. I have learned my lesson and see now I should have dug deeper into my research, NISSAN'S TRANSMISSION ARE NO GOOD!

I have a 2010 Nissan Murano. In the 5 years that we have owned the vehicle we have now gone through 2 sets (4) running lights. The problem is that the lens break. We drive only on paved roads and approximately 50% on highways (ie not in close proximity to vehicles ahead of us). I know the argument of the dealer is that pebbles coming from vehicles ahead of me is the culprit. Hard to prove otherwise but I have a feeling that it is a design problem. Has anyone else reported such? They are not a cheap fix!

NISSAN WILL YOU EVER STOP? I DO RIGHT BY PEOPLE MY WHOLE LIFE AND I AM SICK OF THIS. People Read This All. Please. My wife and I bought what we thought was her first good car about 2 years ago. 2006 Nissan Murano, loaded with leather, used. The car appeared to be in great condition. I really think it was till about 100,000 at which point we had front end repairs, shocks, and visors broken. Shortly after that now we find out the transfer case & the transmission are toast. This will cost over 5000.00 for all used parts.

My personal work truck is a 2012 NISSAN FRONTIER crew cab with a v6. I bought this truck this year after having my 4 cylinder for about a year. It had 25,000 miles roughly and now I have around 45,000. It would take all day to explain the problems I have had directly with Nissan Corporation and Consumer Affairs so I will make it short.

I drove it off a car lot and within 2 days and found out it had a horrible miss or hesitation in the engine. At 3 to 3500 rpm exactly every time the truck cuts out or misses to the point it jerks. Within a month I noticed several little misses, 1st through mid second, mostly noticeable when you have to step on it. Around the same time I noticed a horrible smell from the exhaust. IT SMELLED 100% LIKE A HERD OF LIONS PISSED ON YOUR FACE. Have you ever smelled cat piss? All within the full dealer original warranty. Needless to say this does not help my severe head pain that I am having surgery for.

In order to work I use the back of my truck every hour. I have a real in the back that I have to roll up every 30 min to an hour and I have to start the truck for a few minutes to make sure the battery does not die from the power real. So I am inhaling this crap all day 6 days a week. I took it to three dealers and first one 2 times. All the dealers and the engineer looked at it for days and did not even want to acknowledge the smell except (Larry H. Miller Nissan in Mesa, A.Z.) At least they tried and are extremely nice. Even the Manager of service is fantastic.

Anyway the dealers also do not document the problems correctly when you bring it in and never give you a copy. BEWARE!!! Get proof. I DID! This is how they screw you. There is more but the end result on the smell is the catalytic converter is bad just like I said for 25,000 miles. Thank god the engine light finally came on. And the sad thing is this truck for sure falls under the lemon law and I have documents and still they don't care.

We run a small company with 5 Nissans. I am in the middle of getting a $10,000 head surgery after Christmas which I can't afford and by March purchasing the other half of the business from my partner. If these things are not done I will lose everything. Not to mention the families I provide jobs for that will not have a job either. When will people have to pay for their mistakes and words? NOW. Nissan knows about these issues and fails to even try to take care of them but instead continues to waste my time, lose more days of work to have the whole East Valley look at my trucks and still the dealers have no clue.

I am getting ready to fight with Nissan Corporation and Consumer Affairs again on the second truck to try to fix this problem. I am sure I will get nowhere. But they have a huge problem. If I will lose everything and my wife can not finish her nursing school to be an R.N. because we have no car for her to drive, you can bet I will spend the rest of my life helping people with these issues. Even if this never makes it to court I'm pretty sure the Arizona News Stations will love to hear my very detailed provable story about dealers and car corporations.

And it won't stop there. I have been working with successful websites for 20 years. So it will be no problem at all to have full websites on the treatment we are all receiving and exact dealer names and locations of all things I have encountered. Dealers do not even document the issue properly and do not record the events right either. It was recorded that they did not duplicate prob. I had to make them fix it and the one for the engineer they put that it was the transmission not the engine miss. Unreal. They do not even give you a full receipt with detailed info of the drop off. You have to ask them to make a copy and then you will have to have them add the proper information in.

This is how Nissan will get out of everything. Improper documentation of issues and results. I personal went out on test drives and made the truck perform as I described and they still say that they could not duplicate it. Everyone keep an eye out for me. I will be showing up everywhere with more docs and results. I am sorry I could not provide more at this time. Too upset. NISSAN , IF YOU READ THIS YOU BETTER START TAKING CARE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

For all you other poor families that have gone through this and worse, keep looking for me. I will be around and providing more details as they happen. I do RIGHT BY PEOPLE MY WHOLE LIFE AND I AM SICK OF THIS. Feel free to contact me to resolve this NOW. I have this week only and I will start to suffer from this even more.

Disclaimer: These are not all the facts and exact mileages nor are they the exact chain of events. There is too much to list. The facts stated are true and are stated to make the public aware of my experiences. The full and complete chain of events and facts can be obtained by contacting me or my lawyer when I get one. Anyone reading this should make their own conclusions of Nissan and any Dealers or companies directly or indirectly associated with these incidents. I am not held responsible for any assumptions, law suits or complaints of any kind. I am just stating some facts to make people aware of the abuse I have been receiving. Yours Truly, Pissed Off Small Business Owner.

I have 2007 Nissan Murano. Worst car I ever had. Drove only 80,000 mile. Problem in Suspension, Transmission, Key issue. And until now spend more than 6000$ on it. Plus the service department is also not cooperative. Please don't buy Nissan at all.

Just traded my 2010 Murano for a 2015 Platinum. The 2015 has been cheaped down too much. The seats are for a very small person, the front cockpit has lost leg room both length and width. There is one very dangerous change, the brake and gas pedal are far too close together, causing me to almost have two accidents the first week I owned the vehicle. This is a very dangerous problem. It's very easy to get your foot tangled behind the brake pedal and hit something.

Purchased a brand new 2014 Murano AWD in 2015. 9,000 on it, one of the few times my wife is driving it and she says that the car is making a noise. Nissan replaces the rear differential, under warranty. Upon further discussion with the Devon Nissan sales manager and service manager this small dealer is replacing one rear differential per week. When the sales manager asked if Nissan had instituted a recall the service manager said no. Possibly they can extend the warranty, was the response. After reading the reviews of the Murano and Nissan, they clearly have known about this issue for many years. And they have left many car buyers out of a lot of money. I was told by the service manager, evidently the Infinity AWD rear differential has the same challenge.

I purchased a used 2012 Nissan Murano in April 2015. We took it on a 4000 mile road trip in which on our first mountain pass we completely lost power going up. The nearest Nissan dealer told us to pull over and 'rest' the car for an hour, it would be fine. It was, and we didn't have much more trouble until our last pass we had to cross. Same problem. I took the car into the dealership when we returned home. Car was still under original warranty. Transmission & transfer case were replaced free of charge. My question: how long will this new transmission last?

Today I am blown away by the poor customer service of Nissan. I own a Nissan Murano Convertible that has spent more time in the shop that it has spent on the road. In fact, it has spent so much time in the shop that they have extended the warranty on the top to 100K miles because of the issues with the top. WHAT GOOD THAT DID ME??? After getting stranded with the top stuck in the air again, I went into the dealership to have it fixed and lo and behold, I am told they will not fix the top because the piece inside the truck was bent and it had to be my fault. Now the dealership is saying that they know that it is not my fault and the manager and service tech are telling Nissan Corporate this but some Engineer across the miles is saying that now I had to have done it by over stuffing my truck.

I don't even put groceries in my truck for fear of messing up this truck. Let me ask you a question? If you stopped making this car because you had so many issues and I have spent so much time in the shop with the top wouldn't you think you should listen to your dealership and listen to your customer? No, they say and their exact words after they escalated it to Regional Specialist is, "If you don't like it, then call the Better Business Bureau!!!" Seriously, I have never heard of such bad customer service in my life. This has been the worst experience of my life.

So I purchased a used 2010 Nissan Murano from a person in Craigslist, I inspected the truck to make sure nothing was wrong with it. We finally decided to purchase it, I checked the Carfax and it stated that the transmission was replaced one year ago due to a factory defect. A few weeks later my Nissan Murano started to lose power so I took it in to Ross Nissan dealership and was told that it would need a new transmission but that the warranty had already expired. I think it's ridiculous that the transmission had been replaced from Nissan themselves and only lasted one year. I was quoted 4,000 for parts and labor from Nissan. I was furious they didn't want to cover it. My family and I all own Nissan cars and this had never happened to us. I can't believe am saying this but am never buying a Nissan SUV in my life for any of my family and friends.

18 months ago I bought a 2009 Nissan Murano with 48 thousand miles. While preparing to drive out of my property heading for work the car buckled under on the right side. I discovered after a thorough inspection by a trusted repair shop that it was the control arm that holds my tires. Had it repaired but a couple of months later the rack and pinion went out. This is one dangerous vehicle. I could have been killed had I entered the freeway,to go to work.

I own a 2004 Nissan Murano with 33,000 miles. It hasn't been driven that much & is owned by a little old lady, me. I had transmission problems earlier that was taken care of. This problem is only the driver's side sun visor. It broke (has not had hard wear), then when I call to find out about replacement, am told it costs over $179.00. Now this isn't much but for me it's too much. I feel this is a little excessive for a car with such little use. I bought Nissan because I felt it was a good car & would hold up well, even though it cost much more than other makes. Guess I was wrong.

Nissan Murano Company Profile