2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.43/5

The Nissan Murano is the company's first SUV crossover. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Nissan Murano Reviews

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

This is my second Murano and have had this one 7 1/2 years. We have maintained this car and rides and comfort fantastic. Easy to get in and out of. Still looks great. Will eventually get another Murano as we have had no problems or issues. Love it!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I have had my Murano for approximately 2 month now and I love it. It is so comfortable and rides like a dream. Handles great and is a joy to drive. I haven't set everything up yet, but there's a lot you can do. I haven't driven in the snow yet, but my friend has a Murano and she says it handles great in the snow. My brother drove with me on a 2 hour road trip and he was very impressed with the ride. I recommend to anyone looking at Muranos.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

This is our second Nissan Murano. We shopped for several weeks for a vehicle that would compare with the Murano and all its bells and whistles to include more expensive luxury SUVs. We compared apple to apples, and drove all the vehicles. After seriously considering all the other vehicles, we thought that the Lexus SUV would be at least comparable. While it drove as well as the Murano, it simply did not have all the safety and convenience feature of the Murano. WE ended up buying another Murano Platinum with all the features of the original one. After driving it for a year, we know we made the right decision.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I love the car, its ride and interior. I do have a problem seeing over the right front quarter. It is built up a bit and I am short so when turning I can't see over the right quarter. I hit a few curbs now and then which is very frightening.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Very comfortable...quiet ride. Safety FEATURES EXCELLENT. REAR WINDOW NOT VERY WELL DESIGNED. COULD USE ADDITIONAL CAMERA REAR FACING. We have had several problems that were eventually fixed. One recall involved the brakes leaking. All in all I would recommend the Murano. But gas mileage not great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Murano?

Original review: May 22, 2020

I have a 2011 Murano with only 89,000 miles. What problems could it possibly give me right? WRONG! The transmission has started jerk and when I step on the gas to go from a complete stop it starts out very slow then speeds up! After looking into the problem it turns out that Nissan extended their warranty on the cvt transmissions because of this. It was costing up to $4,000 to fix or replace the whole transmission! And too many complaints and problems with the cvt. HOWEVER guess what? My vehicle IS NOT part of the extended warranty! Only certain models with certain VINs. Ugh! This is bs! I'm so pissed???.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Bought a used certified 2018 Nissan Murano a little over a month ago. Service has been great and I love everything about the car- it’s roomy, drives very smoothly, has great pickup, is very quiet, and looks fantastic!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Purchased a new Murano in Las Vegas. Had a lot of electrical issues. Their service stinks, just try to call any of the dealers in Vegas and ask to speak to a manager. You get put on hold and or goes right to voice mail, they have massive firings of staff and managers due to low human capital and leadership,, I’ll never buy another Nissan.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Bought my truck from Lakeside Auto 'off of Nevada and Motor City...' Colo. Spgs. Was told one price, sold it to me for a whole other price. They added a warranty I didn't ask for. Never fixed anything on it. Never called for it to get fixed. Me and daughter were stranded a few hours at a fast food. They had put a false part on the car that was on recall and we were in a construction area 'at night' and could have died. Wheel locked up. 'First' it started shaking then I luckily I could pull over to a fast food. It was scary! Lucky not to have been hit!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I purchased a Murano Cross Cab Convertible, along with an expensive warranty because I was told the top could be a problem. Took it in for service because the top would not go down and my trunk would not open. Fast forward, I was told a needed a whole new roof because a harness was corroded. You guessed it, corrosion is not covered on the warranty. The part was $400 but they wouldn't honor the one we found online and said I need a whole roof. Total $10000! As a "goodwill gesture", they agreed to pay 60% of the repair. I am still out $4000 and am having an unnecessary repair because a corporate engineer said I need a new roof and the technicians did not know how to just replace the part.

To the credit of the local dealership, they were awesome and reimbursed me half of the repair. Nissan America, after "sorry for your inconvenience"ing me to death said they can't help me any further. I was without my car for almost 4 months. Worst customer service ever! Sadly, the car was sharp and I loved driving it, but Corporate's handling of my matter made me hate that car and I drove it right off the lot and onto the lot of another brand. Nissan lost a customer for life!

Nissan Murano Company Information