Find a Car Models partner

3. Car Models

4.0/5 (674 ratings)
Find a Car Models partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Nissan Murano

The Nissan Murano is the company's first SUV crossover. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Nissan Murano Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Murano?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Murano?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Bought a used certified 2018 Nissan Murano a little over a month ago. Service has been great and I love everything about the car- it’s roomy, drives very smoothly, has great pickup, is very quiet, and looks fantastic!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I love the car, its ride and interior. I do have a problem seeing over the right front quarter. It is built up a bit and I am short so when turning I can't see over the right quarter. I hit a few curbs now and then which is very frightening.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Purchased a new Murano in Las Vegas. Had a lot of electrical issues. Their service stinks, just try to call any of the dealers in Vegas and ask to speak to a manager. You get put on hold and or goes right to voice mail, they have massive firings of staff and managers due to low human capital and leadership,, I’ll never buy another Nissan.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Bought my truck from Lakeside Auto 'off of Nevada and Motor City...' Colo. Spgs. Was told one price, sold it to me for a whole other price. They added a warranty I didn't ask for. Never fixed anything on it. Never called for it to get fixed. Me and daughter were stranded a few hours at a fast food. They had put a false part on the car that was on recall and we were in a construction area 'at night' and could have died. Wheel locked up. 'First' it started shaking then I luckily I could pull over to a fast food. It was scary! Lucky not to have been hit!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Very comfortable...quiet ride. Safety FEATURES EXCELLENT. REAR WINDOW NOT VERY WELL DESIGNED. COULD USE ADDITIONAL CAMERA REAR FACING. We have had several problems that were eventually fixed. One recall involved the brakes leaking. All in all I would recommend the Murano. But gas mileage not great.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I purchased a Murano Cross Cab Convertible, along with an expensive warranty because I was told the top could be a problem. Took it in for service because the top would not go down and my trunk would not open. Fast forward, I was told a needed a whole new roof because a harness was corroded. You guessed it, corrosion is not covered on the warranty. The part was $400 but they wouldn't honor the one we found online and said I need a whole roof. Total $10000! As a "goodwill gesture", they agreed to pay 60% of the repair. I am still out $4000 and am having an unnecessary repair because a corporate engineer said I need a new roof and the technicians did not know how to just replace the part.

To the credit of the local dealership, they were awesome and reimbursed me half of the repair. Nissan America, after "sorry for your inconvenience"ing me to death said they can't help me any further. I was without my car for almost 4 months. Worst customer service ever! Sadly, the car was sharp and I loved driving it, but Corporate's handling of my matter made me hate that car and I drove it right off the lot and onto the lot of another brand. Nissan lost a customer for life!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

My 2018 Nissan Murano just had its transmission replaced. It had 48000 km on it. I’m going to trade it in before the warranty expires. It’s not reliable. It also had a front bumper sensor go on it that was about $2000 to replace.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I purchased 2007 Nissan Murano 6 months ago. Car was running good, and starts good. Recently, when I drove the car, I heard clunk sound per drive at 40 MPH. I didn't know what it was but it was occurring every day. Last Saturday, I ran the car and it was working great. On the freeway, I set the cruise control at 70mph. Going up hill, I heard rattling noise from engine like using low octane. All of sudden, I lost the power. The RPM was up but car was not going so I pulled to the right. At lower speed around 40, the car was moving but not passing over 60. Luckly, I came home.

Now, I am trying to fix the tranny from used part but I am afraid that after spending 3000, it might happen again since CVT tranny from Nissan is not good design. Big engine with small tranny. Bad design. I going to trade the car and accept whatever they will offer. The Japanese used car value should be like Honda or Toyota, but Nissan (not good). At least Nissan should give Murano user, an alternative. Give new tranny that works at their cost.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I purchased my 2010 Murano LE and do not drive much. My SUV has just 64,000 miles and I took it to dealership to have oil changed. My SUV has only been serviced by Nissan and my SUV is in mint condition. The SUV has been trouble free until today when I was informed by dealership I cannot drive my SUV because transmission is ready to fail! They told me as a courtesy they would replace transmission ($5,000), but I would be responsible to pay for the seals in front part of transmission at a cost of $4,000!

I asked if I could have my SUV back and the dealership said it was unsafe to drive and would give me a loaner car if I approved repair estimate which I felt I had no choice but to approve it. I researched on web and see now that Nissan is aware of this defect in their CVT transmissions. If I knew this before I would never have purchased this SUV. I feel Nissan should cover ALL costs to fix this transmission problem if they want me to purchase their cars. I will not buy a Nissan again.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Brought a 2009 Murano. Had for two years. Absolutely loved it till the CVT FAILED and I come to find out Nissan extending the warranty on it... due to a class action suit... I didn't qualify due to mileage. Completely disappointed with Nissan. Do your research before purchasing a used Nissan. Never will I buy their product again.

Nissan Murano Company Information