Find a Car Dealerships partner

Waite Park, MN

3.5/5 (41 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Kia of St. Cloud

#1 new car dealer in central Minnesota. #1 Kia dealer in Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin for 2012.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Kia of St. Cloud Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia of St. Cloud?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia of St. Cloud?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

Went there the other day to buy my first car and I drove out in a 2009 Honda Civic with only 125k miles. I have no credit and only had to pay 750 for the down payment. The car is great. Thanks to Kurt and Kia of St Cloud. I will definitely go back.

Original review: March 18, 2020

When I went to Kia of St Cloud I knew my credit was poor. When I got there they asked me what I was looking for, I said a SUV. The Sales Manager told me all I could have was a 2014 VW Passat (diesel). They charged me 9k for the car, got me a 20.4% loan and said they were doing me a favor. 2 months later I went to a different Kia dealership and I was put into a 2019 Kia Sorento with a 11% loan. Their General Manager and Owner helped me get that car, far better service than Kia if St Cloud.

Get buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Went looking for just the fun of it. Found a Jetta wagon TDI, manual, which I have always wanted. The salesperson, Kristen was friendly and really worked hard to help us, even though at this point we weren't sure. After test driving, going through finances, we are going to pick it up today. I did read the reviews, both positive and negative. I am hoping that we will have a positive result with the purchase of this car. Everyone there was very friendly and helpful.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

We bought a 2017 Kia Sorento. The salesman we had was new and seemed nice but the sales manager was very high pressure. We bought the car and was told it was gone over and ready to go. A few weeks later it started to make a noise. We had to put 500.00 dollars worth of brakes and rotors in the back. I would look elsewhere if you want to buy a car. Once they have your money they don't care.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

They don't care about their customers at all, just the dollar. I purchased a 2011 jeep compass from here used, insured that it was in good working condition and had been checked out. Later that day I started having problems with it. They said they'd take a look. They couldn't find the problem and I don't even think they ** looked. Took to McKay's and they found the problem within a half hour of looking at it. Kia wouldn't work with me, saying it's just a maintenance issue even though I had the damn problem later that day! Now after purchasing a car from them for over 10k I now have to fork over another 350. Thanks Kia for nothing. I will be removing all advertising from my car and will not be going back.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

The reason for this review is that I got really good service and I think that should be applauded. My husband and I have always been Toyota owners, but we wanted a third row seat that wasn't financially strapping. I've never considered a lease before, but Ralph ** was really helpful in explaining that with all of the leasing incentives Kia is doing right now. It was the best choice for us given I'm a full-time student. I literally came back to that dealership 3 times in one day and Ralph was helpful and patient with me every time. Once we did decide to go with the lease Jeff ** spent about 1.5 hours teaching me how to use all of the cool features that came with the Sorento (Love UVO & the Apple Play). This was no small feat as there are a million sweet features and I'm technologically challenged.

Jeff was super patient and explained everything over and over again until he and I felt confident that I could go home and actually use all of the neat stuff in my car. I've only had the car one day, but I'm loving it. We did test drive a Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander, and Hyundai Santa Fe. Honestly the Honda felt a little roomier, but not 10K roomier, and the Highlander and the Sorento looked and felt pretty much the same (the Highlander was 8K more), and I really didn't like the interior of the Santa Fe. I was leery to step outside of my Toyota comfort zone, but Kia offered me bumper to bumper coverage for 6 years or 60K, powertrain for 20 years or 2000K, and free roadside assistance for 100k (I believe?). So, I figure if the car ends up being a dud, I'm totally covered.

At the end of my lease if I don't like the Sorento they will take it back, or I can buy it outright if I love it. Also, oil changes there are only $23 and they rotate your tires at that time as well and I can make the appointment from my phone or my UVO. I felt like the whole thing was a win-win situation and I got really good service to boot. Oh ya, the finance guy (can't remember his name, but he used to be a RN) also spent a lot of extra time with us that he didn't have to. He gave us all of this information regarding how credit scores are calculated, etc. and I left the office feeling like I learned how to take advantage of "the system", so-to-speak. Great guy. My only complaint is that there were no cold beverages in the waiting area.

Original review: April 12, 2017

When I made the service appointment I was guaranteed a loaner car. I live over 2 hrs away and the engine light was on. I get to drop off my car and there is no car available. Then I am told I only have a warranty on my powertrain not anything else. WOW this is new. I have had a ton of work done and it's always been covered under an imaginary warranty. Lucas was awful! And customer service was not his goal. When someone spends hard earned money purchasing a vehicle and they buy a Kia specifically for the warranty then get told, "Nope," that's not too good for business. I will tell the whole world to avoid this place. They also use scare tactics, as in if I don't get my oil changed there then that will void your warranty. Hmmm...

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

Walked in looking to get a trade in and bought a new 2017 with no pressure!!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

I purchased a new car last fall, which I enjoy. I have had my oil changes there with a tire rotation, as I haven't needed any work yet. Well, today I did the same, declined the 15,000 mile maintenance check that they pushed. Shortly after I was waiting, out came a technician with a obviously dirty air cabin filter, which he said was mine. He wanted to change it for $39.99. I declined, as I am able to change it myself for a fraction of the cost they wanted. So, I picked up a new filter, and when I pulled out the old one, surprise! My filter was FINE! Not only was it barely dirty! It was white! The one he showed me was pale blue! Crooked business, taking advantage of a customer - probably because I am a woman!!!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2015

I purchased a Buick Rendezvous from Kia of St. Cloud about a month ago now. I test drove several vehicles that day and it took several hours. After very high pressure, I felt compelled to purchase this vehicle. It took all of the money I had. On the way home from St. Cloud, I ran out of gas as the gas gauge didn't work. About 3 days later, I found out that it needed a new transmission. The rear defrost doesn't work, and the front struts are rubbing on the tires. There is a ton wrong with this vehicle and it is very obvious they didn't check this vehicle over or didn't disclose all the things wrong with it.

I am a single parent, and really feel taken advantage of with this purchase. I called 3 days after purchase and asked to return this vehicle. They said they couldn't return it and that all sales were final. They were still holding my check and the paperwork hadn't even been processed yet, so it was a cut and dried issue. I have read that others were allowed to take cars home and test drive them for a day or so. I was never given that option. I spoke with the assistant manager and he was somewhat rude. I will never purchase another vehicle from this place, nor will I ever refer anyone to this dealership. I will not claim my "free oil change" either. I have heard it takes an hour and half just to get an oil change. Don't have that kind of time or money. Obviously they don't care about their customers and are only there for the money. I am very angry, and feel very taken advantage of. DON'T EVER GO THERE!

Kia of St. Cloud Company Information