Find a Car Dealerships partner

Waite Park, MN

3.5/5 (41 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Kia of St. Cloud

#1 new car dealer in central Minnesota. #1 Kia dealer in Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin for 2012.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Kia of St. Cloud Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia of St. Cloud?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia of St. Cloud?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2015

I purchased a new 2012 Kia Sedona for my son. The selling point was the extended warranty. Since then, there have been many service issues not covered by the warranty. Among these issues were replacement of the brake rotors, replacement of a defective ignition switch, replacement of two headlights, replacement of electrical wiring in the air conditioner that caused a fire in the engine compartment and lastly a considerable charge to replace an oil drain plug that required removing the oil pan and plug and installing a new plug. The oil changes have always been done by Kia and the service manager had no explanation why the old plug couldn't be removed. The car presents a nice appearance but reliability and maintenance are totally unreasonable. I would be very reluctant to ever buy another KIA.

Factual basis uncertain
Resolution response: Jan. 27, 2015

We ended up having to force their hand into taking the vehicle back as a return. We had to have a lawyer look at the contract to find the opening they left, out of respect for the loophole's use to help others get a car that they may not be able to get any other way, I will NOT be listing it here for anyone. It does serve a purpose of helping many people.

Though this issue is resolved, I cannot give any additional stars as I still had to consult a lawyer and the things I originally posted are still true, as well as them refusing to deal with me until I threatened a lawsuit. The sales guy even attempted to try and sell me another car. I had to lie and tell him we were looking elsewhere just to get him to leave me alone. They even bragged about how big they have become since we started going to them. I don't think they realized that this is why they are not as good as they used to be.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2015

I want to start off saying that we have been going through them for 5 years and this is our 4th car experience with them. All other times would have been 5 stars. We have been going to them since they were a tiny little shed of a building and, unfortunately, will never be going back there again, unless it is to serve them a lawsuit for the lies. They have grown too big to care about customers now. Don't even bother trying to get a hold of them, via phone, they won't return your calls.

We went to trade in a car that we did not like. Our number 1 requirement was that the gas mileage was around 30 MPG. We knew the Soul got around that, so we asked to look at it. We drove it, well past dark out, might I add, and it drove fine. So we go through the paper work and come back to pick it up the next day and turns out they undercharged us for the car. Even though we couldn't afford it with the increase, they basically said we had no choice but to sign it. If we have no choice, we have no choice.

After about 1 day We realize our mileage is around 20 MPG not 30. We figured we would see if it was something unusual about it but come 3 days later, it is still horrible. I try calling to get a hold of people up there and not once did they call me back. I left messages saying it was urgent, and they still couldn't have cared less. We got fed up and asked them to just return the car. They said they were not able to, as the paper work had already been signed. I spoke to the loaning bank and they said that they would cancel the loan if the dealership took the return.

So, they just didn't want to take the return. Of course this was not the only thing they lied about this time. We were specifically told that the extended warranty we purchased was 5 years. HOWEVER, when we were digging through the paperwork to see if it would cover all of the internal damage that was in the car when we bought it, and trust me they were not minor issues, we found the warranty was 36 months. Now I don't have a PhD in Mathematics, but 36/12 is NOT 5.

The issues we saw when the sun came out was that the back seat could not come down because it was broken. Storage and cargo space was our number 2 requirement for any car they could show us. They want $80 JUST TO LOOK AT IT. Turns out we have no radio because the antenna is broken off and they want another $80 for that. This was all stuff that was hard, to spot in the dark, but plenty easy when the next day came.

When we brought the car in to get the remote start put in, they looked at the gas mileage and said it was the transmission was still set to the previous driver, in it's internal computer and said that there was nothing they can do about it. I basically wanted to start screaming at this point, as it is a computer, EVERY computer has a factory reset. EVERY ONE OF THEM. Online, I confirmed this by digging through some of the Kia service forums and the exact fix for our issue was a factory reset of the transmission firmware. This either means they were flat out lying, lazy, or can't figure out how to do a quick search to solve the problem.

Bottom line, if you want an honest dealership that cares if you are happy, go somewhere else. They don't. They used to so the previous reviews were accurate, but not any more. The only saving grace is Lucas in the service department, but he was not available to look at our car when it came in, so he couldn't help us out of this nightmare.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Nov. 10, 2014

Went in to trade in my Buick, looking for a Chevy or Buick around $5000-$6000 then I was told they had them. Wait for an hour. Told they could not find them on the lot. I could take the truck and the Forte out to drive, I did. Prices too high then it was pressure from them as they had different people coming in with new ways to finance the deal. I was there for 5 hours, ended up getting the Forte, but said that I wasn't sure. 2 sales people tell me to "take it home, drive it and if I did not like I could bring it back anytime because they want to keep their customers happy. I could then get something different." Sent email to the salesperson twice and have no response from him. Manager said I needed to get off his lot because it was my car even though I was told I could return it. I was told by this sales person that he could "sell the car Monday morning for $12,000." I even looked up the book value and it is $6,400. I paid $9,000. Who is not playing fair?

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: July 31, 2014

I have received multiple direct mailings that are absolutely false and amount to nothing short of FRAUD. With regards to rebuilding your credit after a bankruptcy you state, "You must make a new purchase after bankruptcy in order to re-establish credit" Going on to say that keeping your existing car loan will do nothing. There is a very simple and common process called Reaffirmation to have your existing loans begin reporting back to the credit agencies again. Cease and desist the LIES and FRAUD.

Original review: July 13, 2014

Great job Kris ** at Kia of st cloud, best service I ever had at a dealership. Kris was nice, up front, honest and to the point. Went in at 9 am traded in 2005 Kia Sedona, drove off at 11:30 am in a 2012 Kia Sorento. If you looking for a car go to Kia of St cloud and ask for Kris **, he gets the job done with a smile.

Original review: June 12, 2014

I had an awesome time test driving different used cars. Got the one I wanted that day. Well, that car was not what I needed. I brought it back and got the car I needed and wanted within my budget, all thanks to Alex! I really appreciated the customer service and the time Alex spent with me! Everyone there made me feel special!

Original review: June 11, 2014

Kris was very kind right from the start. I would recommend him to anyone I know. He made our experience here at Kia great! We ALL think he needs a reward for being able to deal so well with us. :-)

Kia of St. Cloud response

Britainy, thanks for taking the time to say a few nice words. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: April 30, 2014

My first ever brand new car. Working with Derik Boxell was so easy, from making the appointment, valuing my trade and completing the transaction, everything went very smoothly. If you are looking for a new vehicle, I would recommend visiting Kia of St. Cloud.

Original review: April 23, 2014

My mom bought a new kia from Omar and we are so happy with it that I decided to come and see if I can get approved and he is doing his best to work with us. He is friendly and very professional. Great person to deal with.

Original review: April 12, 2014

Alex has a very happy personality and pleasant. He appears to know his product.

Kia of St. Cloud Company Information