Mitsubishi Motors

Mitsubishi

4.0/5 (385 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Mitsubishi

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Mitsubishi Motors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mitsubishi Motors?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mitsubishi?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I like my new car. Easy on fuel. For an entry-level subcompact it's got plenty of interior room, especially in the backseat area. Well laid out inside and out.

Handling is a little twitchy. Braking is responsive. Overall good value for the money.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I feel this vehicle is safe and reliable and has all the features you would want in an suv that is affordable to the average consumer. It also has 4 wheel drive. The interior is spacious and accommodating. The one drawback is the radio media center.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I bought my Eclipse in 2006 brand new. It's been a reliable vehicle the entire time I've had it. The only damaged it's ever received is either from another driver or me. The only bad thing I can say about it is that the blind spot is terrible. Because of that, I back into a lot of things and I have to be very careful when backing out. It has minor wiring issue with the map light that I did by simply jiggling the wire. Parts of the numbers on the radio screen have begun disappearing. Basically, I don't know if my volume is at 11 or 15. No biggie. Other than those minor issues, this car has been completely reliable. Which I need when I have 3-4 hour drives to visit family. When I buy another vehicle, it will be another Mitsubishi.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I bought my 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage in 2016 from Hertz. The price was excellent... as well as the value. I would have preferred a larger, more solid car. However, I am retired and only drive to the stores and doctor visits, so it is perfect for me. I absolutely Love it!! I am out and about quite a bit and a tank of gas lasts me 3 full weeks! I could not be happier with my purchase.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

BUYERS BE WARNED! Stay away from Mitsubishi cars.The radiator sensor broke in my Outlander, and it will not smog with the engine light on in California! As a result, I can't register my car. Mitsubishi only sells the sensor and radiator together for $1,500! This is a total rip off, as there is nothing wrong with my radiator! The DMV said to junk it for $1,000. I guess they are saying Mitsubishi is junk? I don't have this kind of money. What am I supposed to do Mitsubishi?

Original review: May 6, 2019

My 2016 Outlander was rusting all over the top of the weatherstripping above the windshield and beside the windshield. And they called it stone chips when obviously was no sign of stone chips because it was bubbling under the paint all over the weatherstripping of the windshield. For a company all about their warranty, they really fight not to cover it. I had a VW that had the exact problem and they fixed it next day. Never buying Mitsubishi again seeing as my 3 year old car is now my junker.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I lost one of my 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Limited keys and needed to have a new one made. I looked for a replacement in several shops locally without any luck. Apparently, the key is non-standard length and has a chip in it. I called the Hub Mitsubishi of Katy dealership and was told that it would cost $140, which I thought was expensive, but I needed the key so I made an appointment to have it made. I went to the dealership and was told that it would cost $140 plus another $95 for the key. A whopping $243, including tax to have a key made. I believe that the cost to have the key made is excessive and unjustified. I told Anthony, the Service Manager, how I felt. I paid for the key and left the dealership.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I submitted a warranty claim last fall concerning rust breaking through on the tailgate of Mitsubishi RVR. As asked by Mitsubishi, I took the car into the body shop to ascertain a quote. The body shop took pictures and noted that the best course of action was to replace the tailgate. Mitsubishi decided to pursue a body shop of their own choosing and further decided to repair vs replace. I advised Mitsubishi that the repair would not hold and that the rust was bound to reoccur. Sure enough, it reoccurred as I had expected it would.

I called Mitsubishi as soon as I noticed the rust breaking through again. I asked them to pick up my car, provide me a replacement car and to replace the tailgate. They agreed to pick up my car and provide a replacement, but then re-nagged on that agreement. I was then asked to take the car into the same body shop of their choosing to have photos taken. I did that and waited and waited and waited for Mitsubishi to call me to outline next steps. As they did not call me to follow up, I ended up calling them about a month later only to be told by them that they would not stand behind the failed re-paint job. Buyer beware!

Original review: March 17, 2019

My newly purchased 2018 Outlander had to be taken into the shop due to excessive rocking of the passenger side power seat. The car was purchased new and has been taken into the shop for this issue 4 time. After two repairs which included complete replacement of the seat track, there is still excessive movement. In fact, service department personnel both agreed that the problems exists while comparing the problem with another vehicle on video! They compared my vehicle to a 2018 and 2019 Outlander which apparently has the same exact seat mechanism as the 2018.

During the most recent service attempt, the regional corporate manager (rep) determined that there is no issue at all, and that operation is normal. He determined this after trying to belittle me with his words. Interestingly, I have been placed in 4 rental cars due to this issue, so I'd say there is a problem. At this time, it seems as if there is no fix, and I am stuck with a new but defective vehicle. I had a Montero in the past, so I went with Mitsubishi this time. I am sorry I did. This is the worst decision I made. I now drive a very expensive vehicle in which the driver side seat rocks back and forth any time I accelerate or break. The seat does not feel secure at all.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I bought a brand new Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV few months ago. And recently I noticed a tiny paint chip in the left side of the car. I contacted Mitsubishi rep through online message and asked if a touch up paint can be sent to me. I was told to take the car to dealership. When I took the car to the dealership, the guy determined it was a "rock chip" without even look at it. And the dealer wanted to charge me hundred of dollars for a tiny paint touch up. The paint chip was less than 1mm in diameter, how could this be caused by a rock? It is definitely a pint defect. I am very disappointed about how Mitsubishi and its dealer treat their customers for such a small issue.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Mitsubishi sent me a safety recall for my Outlander, trying to get an appointment with the nearest Dealer, no appointment available due to unavailability of Mitsubishi tech for a month, called Mitsubishi to find a solution, they told me either go to another dealer 90m drive each way or wait using a car with a major saftey recall. Calling them was a big waste of time.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Last year was a milestone for me, rebuilding my life and credit after many rough years... in short I decided to buy a brand new car to reward myself. I choose the worst company in the world. Mitsubishi. Westborough Mitsubishi in Massachusetts. Do Not BUY. After week 3 of being in my new car, I began to notice stutter in the engine, RPM's going crazy. Called and was told that's the way it runs. Ok. Drive another couple weeks. RPM still going crazy, loss of power, misfiring, stall/stutter in engine... driving on highway feeling like I'm driving in hurricane, but 80 degrees sunny and no wind. Brought it to dealership. Was told they scanned it, no problems. It's a 3 cylinder. It's a CVT transmission. It's how I'm driving, it's how I'm stopping and starting... every reason except that the car may actually be malfunctioning.

A few weeks go by my car starts showing increasing miles on odometer... too many. I start doing math and tests on my own. Car is legitimately tacking in a half mile for every mile I go. I call again. I've taken pics and videos and logs of what it is doing. I offer to email my data. Matt the service manager says (verbatim) “sweetheart, there's no dummy lights... there’s no problem". Ladies... need i say more!!! My head gasket was about to blow. Yes pun intended!!!

So I began to research and keep track of everything the car is doing...beyond simply riding like **. My 3 cylinder brand new car after a year has cost me $5,678 in gasoline alone. It says I've driven 43,000 in one year! Mind you I live in Massachusetts one of the smallest states in America. That means I've had to drive over 800 miles a week every week. That means 124 miles every day 7 days a week 365 days. Ok so I do work full time not driving. I sleep 8 hours a night and do other things besides drive. The average American drives 14,000 miles in one year... I've done the math. It legitimately has added over 20,000 miles I did not drive.

I spent the day at the dealership with a Mitsubishi rep to no avail. My numbers, my proof mean nothing to them. I'm irate to say the least. I am however about to wage war on Mitsubishi... including local news and a lawsuit. There are many other details far too many to detail in this essay. However I would like to extend an invite to anyone else with a 2017/18 Mitsubishi still under warranty with these problems, similar or otherwise to contact me at my email: **.

I believe it's time to look into a class action suit. Fyi. Honda and Nissan were sued for accelerating odometers. Just because your car is new or you believe large corporations are held to higher standards... trust your instincts. You are not a moron and if you feel or have proof your vehicle is faulty then join me and let's make Mitsubishi pay for their unethical business practices because I for one am not letting this go. I've worked too hard and nice things are few and far in between for single working tax paying mothers like me or dads or anyone... It's not ok. Again **.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Finance manager (Joshua @ Jeremy Franklin) who I signed my papers for my car, told me that NEW Cars don't have a title and to use the BILL of Sales to register my vehicle, so almost a months and half later I receive the title in the mail which was dated April 2018 which was pre-owned and signed off by the original buyer. Joshua said this car was new and no title. I purchase this vehicle in June 2018. The salesman (Jesse **) called me to chastise me for giving this car lot a bad review so he informed that the FREE 3 CAR WASH DETAILS that he said I was getting I am no longer eligible.

They also have a referral program if some you refer someone you will get $ 100.00. My relative referred me, they tried to talk their way out of giving her that $100.00 which she just got September. Almost 3 months after I purchased a vehicle from JEREMY FRANKLIN MITSUBISHI KCMO. WILL NOT REFER ANYONE TO THIS DEALERSHIP. FULL OF NO TRUTHS, UGH.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

The down payment that you put down for your car is used as their commission. The manager gets that money and puts it towards raises and his bonus for that month, NEVER towards the payment of the car. They charge you an additional payment that is the same amount that you put down to cover up when they used it for commission. The manager admitted to taking 21-year-olds and younger to court and lie just to get the car back and have them pay for the payments even after they auction it off just to make a profit. The salesperson is told to falsify the application so that it approves it on the lot and then lets you leave without insurance on the car so that they are not responsible for anything that happens.

Then after the seven days that you have the car, the manager calls to let customers know that they weren't approved and takes the car away after having you sign an agreement that you would pay for the car before you leave the lot puts you in the tough situation when they call for the car back. So that how they get their money and trust me I know because I was an intern there. They are ripping people off and making it legal, the cars are not for individual sale and they can take you to court for it even after the car is yours and paid for.

If you have bought a car from them especially the one on Peach Orchard be very careful on what you do with that car. Even after years they can still come after you just because you have money in your wallet. If you have any specific questions on anything that they told you and wants to know if there's a way out of if what they told you were true, I am an attorney for sales and funds on owned business, email me at **. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I've owned 2 brand new Mitsubishi Outlander GT. Sold one and still own the other. First one I sold with about 15000 miles. Second one has 2800 miles as I write this. I've had lots of problems with them. The most severe is on the current one. Brake system failed and experienced sudden brake failure. The ABS module leaked brake fluid and allowed air to enter the system. Brake peddle sunk to floor and almost no brakes. All the brake fluid stripped all the paint on the way down to the floor... including frame and subframe.

All is rusting now and Mitsubishi will not fix it. Upon inspection of the damage, subframe was already rusted in the sections where brake fluid never touched. After researching, this brand has had issues with rusted out frames. I live in S. Florida. Car is 4 month old and is rusted... pretty bad. I've never seen or ever heard of something like this. The subframe hold up the engine and also the suspension control arms. By the way, one of the control arms is rusted also. This will become a safety issue very soon. Besides this issue, all interior parts squeak and rattle after a few months. Engine trips at idle (in both cars). I've sunk a lot of money buying these cars... I have lots of regrets.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I own a silver 4-door midsize sedan Mitsubishi Lancer. I bought it in 2010 brand new from Gillman Mitsubishi. I like that it's quick, sleek, trendy, came with system performance tires, tinted black windows, devilish looking front-end, honest looking rear end. It goes at 1:20. I've gotten as high as 1:15 truth be told. I picked it because it was my price range but it fit my personality. It also has a great trunk space, came with a full-size spare tire and a really good warranty. If there was to improve, I would add a sunroof, spoiler with fans maybe, have it maroon is color. Maybe if you added a decorative air intake, rice burning muffler, if you add it blue halogen lights, fog lights on standard.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I've been very satisfied with my 2011 Mitsubishi Galant. It handles very nicely and gets good fuel mileage. It is also very attractive and comfortable to drive. I also like its size. The features I most enjoy are the sun/moon roof, the 6-CD stereo, satellite radio accessory and the touch- screen information center, including navigation. Although I enjoy the Bluetooth availability for hands-free calling, I do wish I could also utilize other features via Bluetooth such as my music players or having my text messages read.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Mitsubishi Lancer is a small car and a perfect fit for my family. Fits car seats good, it's good on gas, and fast. It has good steering and has a nice sunroof but it isn't working right now. It's a nice car that runs great and it has good interior but I wish it was all one type of interior design and not mixed of leather and fabric. I also wish there was more leg room in the front seats and the car sun roof in my car opened.

Original review: June 24, 2018

My Lancer's color is beautiful. My family and friends love the outside and interior design. Very comfortable to take long distance trips, also very very economic. And the seat's design is ergonomic for tall and short people. Not super noisy and relaxing to drive. It is fast and it feels very light when you driving in long distance highways. The space is fair for a small family like mine, suitable for pets and kids. The GPS system that comes with it is very simple to understand. Also the stereo design is incredible updated. Everything it has is perfect for my boyfriend and it has even the sunroof.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Decent size Lancer sedan, lots of room in the trunk, awesome gas mileage, easy to get in and out of, rides easy, car seats fit easily, great car for the price... Bluetooth is a great feature as well. However, if you are driving with no music on the sound from outside is very noticeable. I would also like power seats and would improve the radio system, it can be confusing to navigate in the beginning.

Original review: June 22, 2018

My Mitsubishi Eclipse was inexpensive and had plenty of trunk space. I also liked the aftermarket radio installed and the manual sunroof. The heater was also very warm. However, it was used and the performance of the alternator assembly and its belts left me high and dry on the highway. The alternator assembly and belts need tightening. The sunroof should've been powered and a better sound system should've been put into it. Also, the air conditioning should've been cranking out very cold air.

Original review: June 17, 2018

So far so good, although the Mitsubishi Galant is a little big for me. I wish it were a manual transmission. I don't really care for the "turbo" option and the heater gets really hot and seems to warm up quickly. I don't like that the parking brake is in the center. It sticks up way too far and I always bump it when I reach over to grab something on the passenger seat. But I like how comfortable my car is. And it was the best used car available in my price range. It rides smooth and like it but I really don't love it.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I HATE THIS CAR!!! I purchased this 2002 Mitsubishi Galant in 2015 with 120,000 miles. I have only put 10,000 miles on it in three years and things that NEVER broke on other cars I've owned with 200,000 miles on them are breaking on this car. The bigger problem though is that the car is so poorly designed that no one even wants to work on it. For example, one month after I purchased the car the horn broke. Three mechanics refused to work on it because THE HORN IS INSIDE THE AIR BAG!!! To fix the horn would require replacing the airbag! So I have no horn. Another thing that broke is the flywheel, which means the car won't start. Have you ever heard of a flywheel breaking at 130,000 miles???

The real problem, however, is the flywheel does not come off separately on this car like it does on other cars. Therefore, the necessary part is NOT IN STOCK ANYWHERE, and has been on back order for a week. So I've been without my car for a week!!! Also, something I did not notice when I bought this car is that there is no keyhole on the passenger side. I have dogs that ride to the park every day, so if I want the dogs to be able to safely jump in, I must park this car with the steering wheel against the curb. This means I'm going against traffic when pulling away from the curb. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER MITSUBISHI!!! I repeat, I HATE THIS CAR!!!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Mitsubishi is great. It has been getting me to point a and point b. I love this car very much and it is my baby. I wouldn't trade it or sell it for the world. I love most of the interior and also the seats and leather. I feel so comfortable when I drive. It drives really good and really smooth. I haven't had a problem or any type of issue with my car. Mitsubishi could improve on the wheels, color and interior. I would love for it to be more roomy and also have tv and a better stereo and automatically start.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I have an open case with Mitsubishi Motors, as of today 5/22/18 it has been 30 days. 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage DE - The first case manager was Lupe who was helpful and responsive, but soon as issues escalated, and the case was handed over to Yafre, I rarely got a call back, and despite my asking for calls back to inform me on the status of the case, Yafre has been horribly uncommunicative and avoiding calling me. The district manager, Mr. **, with whom I spoke only once, and with a promise to call me back, never called me back at all. I asked the main customer service line to alert Yafre's direct supervisor regarding his lack of communication, they could not, letting me know that Yafre is the only one who address the situation with his superiors.

You can clearly see the problem here, I am getting poor customer service and I cannot get ahold of anyone to help resolve the case or give me an update on the matter at hand. Although no one at an area dealership is to blame for this matter, I have no confidence in the Master Technicians with 30+ years of experience who have assisted on the same issue back in February 2018, the warrantied work did not resolve the issue, it was the incorrect repair. Now that it has been in the shop again for 30 days, Mitsubishi believes that they have resolved the issue finally, but how am I to trust the work, when the same "Master Technicians" failed the fix the first time around? I do not want the car, and I do not want the responsibility/guilt/bad conscious of reselling the car to someone knowing the issues with the car that I do not trust. Asked for a buyout, and although they did not dismiss the idea, they are not moving on a decision. Horrible.

Original review: May 9, 2018

The Eclipse is a great car. I bought mine brand new in 2007 and the only thing major I had to do was getting a timing belt replaced. It still runs like a champ!

Original review: May 5, 2018

Gas mileage unbelievable, very comfortable seats, and cold AC. Effortless steering and great turning radius. Some road noise and a little short on power but the trade off is well worth it. Averaging over 40 mpg. Very satisfied with Mitsubishi Mirage.

Original review: May 4, 2018

The only thing I like is that the Mitsubishi Gallant was great on gas with a 2.5 liter engine, style was pretty decent but lesson learned, right now can't stand cars. They are too low from the ground up and they have no space, they are uncomfortable and will never purchase a car again. People will wake up and stick with SUV's and Crossovers cause they are tall and high and much more comfortable and are taking the world by storm and will save your knees from bending too much as you get older. My next toy would be Acura MDX...!!

Original review: April 28, 2018

Purchase brand new Mitsubishi Lancer ES 2002 and now has 260,000 plus miles on it and I'm still getting on the freeways between 30 and 31 miles per gallon. This has been the most durable car I've ever purchased. Repairs have been minimal and it's very roomy, takes turns well, and just a joy to keep on driving.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I have a 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander that I purchased brand new. In December 2017 it began shaking and was taken to Hamburg Mitsubishi for service. After a week of testing the dealership told me I needed a new engine and they were negotiating this with corporate. 4 weeks later, still negotiating the issue my vehicle was sent to interstate Mitsubishi in Pennsylvania (I live in NY). After a few more weeks they told me it was fixed and gave it back. I had it a week or so before I had to return it for ongoing issues. It was “fixed” and returned to me numerous times, all the while I kept having to drive to PA. Finally, I was told by corporate to take it back to the original dealership as they had changed hands. They had it a week or two before returning it to me again. This time it does before I even made it back to my house.

At this point I was finally told I was approved for a new engine, but it had to come from Japan and would be another month or longer. Mind you it is now April. This past Thursday I was told the engine was in and it was good to go. Today, after leaving work early to rush to an apt. I got in my car and it would not start, won’t even turn over. Throughout this process I have been without a car several times, stranded on numerous occasions. I have had numerous conversations with “Ovid” my customer service rep at corporate. I have been hung up on and told that there is nothing they can do because I’m outside the limits of the lemon law. As someone who has purchased multiple brand new Mitsubishi vehicles I cannot believe the way I have been treated. I am beyond disappointed, upset and dissatisfied and am going to tell everyone I know about my experience and encourage them to NEVER buy a Mitsubishi.

Mitsubishi Motors Company Information