Want to lower your monthly Car payment?

Find out if you qualify for lower rates!

Get Matched
Mercedes-Benz Financial
1.40/5

Mercedes-Benz Financial

Mercedes-Benz is a German luxury car manufacturer. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Want to lower your monthly Car payment?

Find out if you qualify for lower rates!

Get Matched

Mercedes-Benz Financial Reviews

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I leased a 2017 Mercedes GLE. I truly do not understand the penalty attached to the lease end that can only be forgiven IF you lease buy another Mercedes car. Due to personal issues My time is very limited since I Am my husband care giver. 1- I tried getting detailed information regarding the SUVs on their inventory from two dealers. The San Luis Obispo dealer and the San Francisco dealer.

2- The information regarding the SUV is very important, reason my husband inability to ride in a car with a high step. I needed the measurements from floor to the lower seating adjustment. To make my life more complicated, I am under 4’ 11”. Thus I need the height to accommodate both handicaps. 3- No information was provided, by any salesperson, additionally, I was requested forced again and again that to visit the dealers to see the cars that were available. 4- I am learning something new everyday, the Mercedes requirement is a lesson since before my husband stroke he was in charge of the business.

The SUV I returned had 6,000 miles less than the lease requirements. My payments were made on time without any delays. I have fantastic credit, how can I not be responsible for Mercedes greedy practice. I will NOT buy another Mercedes even though I have driven Mercedes since I was 25. This is my first leased car. I truly believe that Mercedes should be accused of the worst company. If anyone can help me It would be greatly appreciated. I am planning to contact AARP. Anyone else I can contact?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Horrible experience with Mercedes Benz Financial. They don’t give you any slack when it comes to making payments. They refuse to work with you. Will never finance a Mercedes with them. Will bring my own pre-approve auto loan or will go through my bank.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

My Mercedes Benz lease car was due for return after 3 years and they sent out their "independent" inspector to pre-inspect my car before return. The car had been treated with white gloves and was as good as the day it was originally driven out the showroom. My lease payments record had been impeccable and I was looking forward to smooth return of the car with no hidden fees.

Whilst the interior, wheels and bodywork passed the pre-inspection, it was highlighted there was a small chip in the windshield and consequently I had to replace the windshield at a cost to me of nearly $600. I tried reasoning with MBFS customer services, could I repair the chip as opposed to replacing the whole windshield? NO...NO...NO. Nothing was acceptable other than full replacement. The chip had "legs" according to MBFS and the only acceptable fix was total replacement.

The guys came out to replace the full windshield, I was explaining what had gone on and in the glass fitters opinion a simple repair could have been undertaken easily. To prove there was no risk the chip would deteriorate further the guy hit the chip with a hammer 3 times, have a guess what, the chip remained exactly as it was. A chip repair would have cost $130. Nevertheless, MBSF refuse to entertain any repair and the full screen was replaced. I contacted MBFS again to explain what had gone on and see if they would meet me half-way financially and waive some of their redemption fee. It was explained to me if I took out a new Mercedes all fees would be waived, if not, then they were not prepared to compromise any way shape or form.

The moral of the story is this, MBSF provide themselves on excellent customer service and whilst you are paying your lease on time, this feels like the case. However, once your lease is up wow betide you have anything wrong on your car, they are going to screw you for anything and everything they can. Logic, common sense and decency goes out the window on their part, their processes and procedures are all slanted in their favor and you their loyal customer are treated like dirt. They are out to screw you over and no amount of discussion will persuade them from that path. Based on my personal experience, I would never buy their product or utilize MBFS again.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I bought a MB CLA 250 with a MB loan at 1.99%. I left them a trade-in plus $5000 down. Planning to pay off the balance before the first payment. So I asked for an address and they told me interest had already accrued from day one. Is this users? I can pay off my home mortgage with less hassle and reduced interest.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I leased a new Mercedes Benz through Mercedes Benz Finance. I set up auto pay to be sure the payment was never late. I paid on time for 24 months. The term was 24 months. The vehicle was a gift for my aunt, at the lease end she turned it in. I wasn't aware of the lease turn in fee or property tax. Three months later I receive an alert from privacy guard saying I have a charge off for this lease. I contacted Mercedes to ask why wasn't I notified, and why didn't you charge the account you charged the previous 24 months. The answer was, "we sent a letter," the letter was to a previous address. I asked them if the letter was returned to sender, they said, "yes." The answer to why they didn't charge my account that was set up on auto pay was, they can't for the turn in fee or tax.

Now after paying 24 months on time my credit score dropped 150 points. It should be illegal for companies to report you as a charge off if they don't have confirmation you received an invoice as well as the mail was returned to them. I paid the invoice to the collections company, I was told Mercedes would still report as paid settlement. Not paid as agreed. A gift for my aunt turned into bad credit. It doesn't seem fair.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes Benz?

Original review: July 26, 2019

It may not be relevant as I am from the UK, but my feelings appear to be similar to others. I leased a car for 3 years and as I own a garage. My staff did servicing using genuine parts. I had hoped to buy at least but this was not possible, so everything was top notch. The car was inspected with surgical precision. Nothing was left to chance. All was reported as good with no penalty charge. Then a bill arrived from MB "incomplete service history" £800. Awful end to an otherwise favourable experience.

Original review: July 24, 2019

Very greedy, they want your money, not reliable always issues, very expensive. You get a lot more for your money getting Lexus, even BMW is better. It is a mistake to go that route. The very odd thing is they will lease you a car in 5 minutes but to get a lease transfer will take 6 weeks, very dishonest, rip off.

Original review: July 22, 2019

My application with Mercedes-Benz Financial was an easy process; I was quickly approved and this is my second time in contract with them. I did not encounter any issues and their communications by email are excellent.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Interest rates offered are some of the best out there. Service is outstanding. The website is outstanding. Wish more types of loans offered but there are still many to choose from. Loans are approved fast and a credit check is done against only one credit bureau so one does not take a hard inquiry hit from all bureaus.

Original review: July 5, 2019

First of all after leasing several Mercedes through the years we made the mistake of leasing a GL 3. It had so many problems the tow truck folks started giving us a discount! After all of the problems we were relieved to return the car. A few months later we received a bill for $1,700!!!! It include 2 new tires and the cost of repairing a scratch as well as a lease end charge and a charge for overage onules which we expected. At one time Mercedes seemed like a good, reputable company. Unfortunately, Mercedes must be doing VERY badly to scam and cheat repeat customers. We will NEVER purchase another vehicle from Mercedes after 30 years of doing business with them. I will never recommend Mercedes to anyone. A pathetic company!!

Mercedes-Benz Financial Company Information