Mercedes-Benz Financial Services

Mercedes-Benz Financial Services

3.6/5 (141 ratings)

About Mercedes-Benz Financial Services

Mercedes-Benz Financial Services is an in-house financing provider for vehicles from Mercedes-Benz and other brands under its parent company, Daimler AG. It provides an online payment calculator, and you can apply online or at a local dealership to get preapproved. After your purchase, you can manage your account and make secure payments online.

Pros

• Apply online or at a dealership
  • Flexible payment options
  • Preapproval option
  • Online account management

Cons

• Limited automaker support
  • Terms only available through dealers

Bottom Line

Mercedes-Benz Financial Services provides financing options for vehicles at Mercedes-Benz dealerships across the country. If you prefer the convenience of financing through your dealership, MBFS is worth considering.

What is MBFS?

Mercedes-Benz Financial Services (MBFS) is a financial services provider that works with Daimler AG customers and dealerships. Whether you’re buying or leasing, you can apply for financing online or directly through your local dealership with MBFS. It also offers extended warranties and insurance backed by Liberty Mutual.

You can manage your account and user preferences on Mercedes-Benz Financial Services’ website, with credit and debit repayment options. Accounts can also be managed on the “Mercedes me” mobile app.

MBFS also provides online resources for car buyers, including payment calculators and leasing vs. financing comparison tools.

How does Mercedes-Benz Financial Services work?

After applying, you can expect a response within four business hours. If you’re preapproved, the company will determine your interest rate and financing terms. Simply bring the printed approval email with you to the dealership. You then have the option of financing or leasing a vehicle. If you're unsure which option is right for you, try MBFS's purchase option selector or speak with your dealer.

Once you've chosen your vehicle and your purchasing arrangement, you can opt to add extended warranty coverage, insurance or a down payment. First Class Leases do not require security deposits, but there are payment options for those who would like to put down a deposit. Your dealer should walk you through all your payment options, including the interest rate and any loan or lease terms.

Mercedes-Benz Financial Services rates

Mercedes-Benz Financial Services doesn’t list all its rates online. However, its online payment estimator can generate costs for leasing and financing a new Mercedes-Benz, including down payments and trade-ins. Your rates depend on your:

• Vehicle choice
  • Location
  • Credit score
  • Financing terms

However, the payment estimator is exclusively based on the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP), which doesn't include any price negotiations, insurance, optional products or other charges from the dealer.

The company also offers balloon financing, featuring lower monthly payments and one larger payment at the end of the loan. Speak to your dealer about current loan rates and terms.

Mercedes-Benz Financial Services FAQ

What credit score is needed for Mercedes-Benz Financial?
Credit score requirements vary between dealers and shoppers, depending on factors like down payments and employment history. As a general rule, most car dealers require a minimum credit score ranging from the mid-600s to low-700s. If you're uncertain if you qualify, apply online to receive preapproval.
Is it hard to get Mercedes-Benz financing?
It depends on your credit history, employment history, down payment and other factors. While it's easy to apply for financing, your credit score and other financial information will determine the likelihood of approval. It’s worth noting that Mercedes-Benz dealerships offer financing options for people rebuilding their credit.
Does Mercedes-Benz offer 0% financing?
Mercedes-Benz may offer 0% financing during promotional periods. However, terms like these often require good to excellent credit histories to qualify.
Does Mercedes-Benz offer 72-month financing?
It’s hard to say with certainty. Loan terms vary, depending on the lender and their current promotions. Contact your local Mercedes-Benz dealership for specific financing options.

Is Mercedes-Benz Financial Services legit?

Yes, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services is the in-house financing company for Daimler AG, a major automaker. It offers leasing and purchasing options at dealerships across the country. You can apply online or in person, and convenient account management is available through your computer or its branded mobile app. One of the best ways to find a deal on an auto loan or lease is by shopping around, so if you’re in the market for a Mercedes-Benz or an affiliated vehicle, it may be worth seeing what MBFS can offer you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes-Benz Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes Benz?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Mercedes Benz Financial must improve its customer service! Personnel is very untrained and not calibrated. I was refinancing the loan and this was the most unprofessional experience I ever had with financial department. Took several attempts to receive official payout statement since agents were sending empty emails, were informing of incorrect information. When asked how come I was told incorrect information the next agent would blame the previous agent. I paid off the loan and automatic payments were still being drawn. Absolutely least knowledgeable staff I ever interacted with.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I bought a new Mercedes GLE 350 from my local Mercedes dealer who suggested that I finance the car with Mercedes Benz Financial Services (MBFS). As collateral for the loan I was required to give MBFS the original vehicle title to hold as collateral for the loan. However, after paying MBFS 60 monthly payments on time and paying off the loan in full, Mercedes tells me that they are unable to locate the title to my car. In other words, they lost the title. MBFS now says that there is nothing they can do and it's my problem. There are lots of choices when it comes to borrowing money to buy a car. Stay away from MBFS and find a more responsible lender. There are lots and lots of them out there. Don't let the dealer talk you into going with the company that gives them the biggest commission.

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

I would give a minus if I could. Do not even consider using the company. Like many others I have been trying to get documents to register my car as I moved to another state. It took two months to get one. I paid off my car as I was told I could call and get my title quicker if I wired the balance. I did and this morning was told the transaction was being reviewed (What?) and then would be sent to the DMV. No timeline given. I have asked repeatedly for a certified copy of the title and clearly the representative doesn’t know what certified means. She keeps saying she will send electronically. Now she is calling the title department to see if they can send that. I have no hope and and very annoyed. Next step is to seek legal counsel.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

I have had the worst, worst worst, experience with the department for the past 5 yrs. Each time it's a different person with different story. Felt like they are there to make money with horrible customer service and also collections, it was a horror which is over at last. Just worried about the title as I have read others' experience, with this company. There should be an enquire in regards to many be abused.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

Like all previous reviews I paid off the lease and have still not received title. It took 2 months to obtain pay off documentation (8 phone calls 7 e-mails). Sent off check, which they cashed, check to title Company in FL in process 2 weeks ago. I believe this to be fraud.

Original review: March 24, 2022

As many others mentioned before, I had a problem getting my title released at the lease end. My lease was expiring on March 17, 2022. I decided to go ahead and pay the balance off on March 1, 2022 so I could receive my title earlier. No such luck! After receiving the full payment they sent me a package with an odometer statement to fill out. I sent it back with the current mileage and my original signature. Then, I received an online form from MBFS to fill out again. I did that, and two weeks later I received a message stating that my odometer statement was rejected due to "Invalid or illegible signature". How ridiculous is that?

Needless to say, I called back to find out what the problem was. An agent told me that they could see the odometer statement and my signature was fine. However, she said, she had no idea why it was rejected and needed to have her supervisor to resolve the problem. After a few days, the supervisor obviously was still too busy to resolve my "problem". I am very frustrated, and would not recommend dealing with the Mercedes Benz Financial Services if you don't have to. They are an embarrassment to the Mercedes brand.

Original review: March 18, 2022

I’m sorry but Mercedes Benz Finance customer service really give Mercedes-Benz a poor poor reputation. They are ridiculous! In December I called from my hospital Rome. Requesting an extension. I had to pay $88 fee for the extension. In January I did not make a payment because they granted me an extension. When I called in February they told me it was no record of me requesting an extension and now I’m 31 days late. I have been back and forth, back and forth, back and forth with these people to the point where I had to go and pull my phone records and sent an email to prove that I was on the phone with this ** customer service for 30 minutes getting an extension.

Their supervisors are horrible. The customer service is a joke. Everybody need to be terminated from the damn place and they need to build a whole brand new Mercedes be a financial services department. This will be my last Mercedes I will never in LIFE. I will NEVER Drive a Mercedes Benz car or a truck or a boat or anything from them ever again. I will ride a bike before fooling with this ** company.

Original review: March 14, 2022

After speaking with representatives several times trying to have a paper title sent to New Mexico MVD to register a vehicle purchased in Arizona I attempted to find the form needed. It was only available from Mercedes-Benz Financial. Not once did any representative tell me about this form. Mercedes-Benz Financial does everything possible to make your life miserable. Loan sharks are more professional. Never use Mercedes-Benz Financial.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

They cashed our check to buy out our lease 3 months ago. We've called them repeatedly and keep getting apologies but no action. They even had to have someone inspect to car...for what, I don't know. We bought the car off the lease 3 months ago and still don't have a title. It's beyond ridiculous how inept Mercedes Financial is. I too, will never deal with them again. Soooo frustrating!!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

My lease was up at the end of January, so I decided to buy the vehicle off the lease and transferred the buy back price to Mercedes on Jan 02 which was received by them on Jan 04. It took over 25 calls and 3 weeks to get them to release the lien on the car. They would lie to you day after day after day. I have never seen such a pathetic organization. My last three cars were from Mercedes. They will never get 1 cent from me again or from anyone I know. Sad they continue to do business in North America. They should relocate to the third world where this could be considered acceptable.

Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Company Information