Mercedes-Benz Financial Services

Mercedes-Benz Financial Services

3.8/5 (160 ratings)

About Mercedes-Benz Financial Services

Mercedes-Benz Financial Services is an in-house financing provider for vehicles from Mercedes-Benz and other brands under its parent company, Daimler AG. It provides an online payment calculator, and you can apply online or at a local dealership to get preapproved. After your purchase, you can manage your account and make secure payments online.

Pros

• Apply online or at a dealership
  • Flexible payment options
  • Preapproval option
  • Online account management

Cons

• Limited automaker support
  • Terms only available through dealers

Bottom Line

Mercedes-Benz Financial Services provides financing options for vehicles at Mercedes-Benz dealerships across the country. If you prefer the convenience of financing through your dealership, MBFS is worth considering.

What is MBFS?

Mercedes-Benz Financial Services (MBFS) is a financial services provider that works with Daimler AG customers and dealerships. Whether you’re buying or leasing, you can apply for financing online or directly through your local dealership with MBFS. It also offers extended warranties and insurance backed by Liberty Mutual.

You can manage your account and user preferences on Mercedes-Benz Financial Services’ website, with credit and debit repayment options. Accounts can also be managed on the “Mercedes me” mobile app.

MBFS also provides online resources for car buyers, including payment calculators and leasing vs. financing comparison tools.

How does Mercedes-Benz Financial Services work?

After applying, you can expect a response within four business hours. If you’re preapproved, the company will determine your interest rate and financing terms. Simply bring the printed approval email with you to the dealership. You then have the option of financing or leasing a vehicle. If you're unsure which option is right for you, try MBFS's purchase option selector or speak with your dealer.

Once you've chosen your vehicle and your purchasing arrangement, you can opt to add extended warranty coverage, insurance or a down payment. First Class Leases do not require security deposits, but there are payment options for those who would like to put down a deposit. Your dealer should walk you through all your payment options, including the interest rate and any loan or lease terms.

Mercedes-Benz Financial Services rates

Mercedes-Benz Financial Services doesn’t list all its rates online. However, its online payment estimator can generate costs for leasing and financing a new Mercedes-Benz, including down payments and trade-ins. Your rates depend on your:

• Vehicle choice
  • Location
  • Credit score
  • Financing terms

However, the payment estimator is exclusively based on the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP), which doesn't include any price negotiations, insurance, optional products or other charges from the dealer.

The company also offers balloon financing, featuring lower monthly payments and one larger payment at the end of the loan. Speak to your dealer about current loan rates and terms.

Mercedes-Benz Financial Services FAQ

What credit score is needed for Mercedes-Benz Financial?
Credit score requirements vary between dealers and shoppers, depending on factors like down payments and employment history. As a general rule, most car dealers require a minimum credit score ranging from the mid-600s to low-700s. If you're uncertain if you qualify, apply online to receive preapproval.
Is it hard to get Mercedes-Benz financing?
It depends on your credit history, employment history, down payment and other factors. While it's easy to apply for financing, your credit score and other financial information will determine the likelihood of approval. It’s worth noting that Mercedes-Benz dealerships offer financing options for people rebuilding their credit.
Does Mercedes-Benz offer 0% financing?
Mercedes-Benz may offer 0% financing during promotional periods. However, terms like these often require good to excellent credit histories to qualify.
Does Mercedes-Benz offer 72-month financing?
It’s hard to say with certainty. Loan terms vary, depending on the lender and their current promotions. Contact your local Mercedes-Benz dealership for specific financing options.

Is Mercedes-Benz Financial Services legit?

Yes, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services is the in-house financing company for Daimler AG, a major automaker. It offers leasing and purchasing options at dealerships across the country. You can apply online or in person, and convenient account management is available through your computer or its branded mobile app. One of the best ways to find a deal on an auto loan or lease is by shopping around, so if you’re in the market for a Mercedes-Benz or an affiliated vehicle, it may be worth seeing what MBFS can offer you.

Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes-Benz Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes Benz?

Original review: March 24, 2022

As many others mentioned before, I had a problem getting my title released at the lease end. My lease was expiring on March 17, 2022. I decided to go ahead and pay the balance off on March 1, 2022 so I could receive my title earlier. No such luck! After receiving the full payment they sent me a package with an odometer statement to fill out. I sent it back with the current mileage and my original signature. Then, I received an online form from MBFS to fill out again. I did that, and two weeks later I received a message stating that my odometer statement was rejected due to "Invalid or illegible signature". How ridiculous is that?

Needless to say, I called back to find out what the problem was. An agent told me that they could see the odometer statement and my signature was fine. However, she said, she had no idea why it was rejected and needed to have her supervisor to resolve the problem. After a few days, the supervisor obviously was still too busy to resolve my "problem". I am very frustrated, and would not recommend dealing with the Mercedes Benz Financial Services if you don't have to. They are an embarrassment to the Mercedes brand.

Original review: March 18, 2022

I’m sorry but Mercedes Benz Finance customer service really give Mercedes-Benz a poor poor reputation. They are ridiculous! In December I called from my hospital Rome. Requesting an extension. I had to pay $88 fee for the extension. In January I did not make a payment because they granted me an extension. When I called in February they told me it was no record of me requesting an extension and now I’m 31 days late. I have been back and forth, back and forth, back and forth with these people to the point where I had to go and pull my phone records and sent an email to prove that I was on the phone with this ** customer service for 30 minutes getting an extension.

Their supervisors are horrible. The customer service is a joke. Everybody need to be terminated from the damn place and they need to build a whole brand new Mercedes be a financial services department. This will be my last Mercedes I will never in LIFE. I will NEVER Drive a Mercedes Benz car or a truck or a boat or anything from them ever again. I will ride a bike before fooling with this ** company.

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2022

After speaking with representatives several times trying to have a paper title sent to New Mexico MVD to register a vehicle purchased in Arizona I attempted to find the form needed. It was only available from Mercedes-Benz Financial. Not once did any representative tell me about this form. Mercedes-Benz Financial does everything possible to make your life miserable. Loan sharks are more professional. Never use Mercedes-Benz Financial.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

They cashed our check to buy out our lease 3 months ago. We've called them repeatedly and keep getting apologies but no action. They even had to have someone inspect to car...for what, I don't know. We bought the car off the lease 3 months ago and still don't have a title. It's beyond ridiculous how inept Mercedes Financial is. I too, will never deal with them again. Soooo frustrating!!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

My lease was up at the end of January, so I decided to buy the vehicle off the lease and transferred the buy back price to Mercedes on Jan 02 which was received by them on Jan 04. It took over 25 calls and 3 weeks to get them to release the lien on the car. They would lie to you day after day after day. I have never seen such a pathetic organization. My last three cars were from Mercedes. They will never get 1 cent from me again or from anyone I know. Sad they continue to do business in North America. They should relocate to the third world where this could be considered acceptable.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

In September I ordered a 2022 S580 at a cost of $138,000.00. The current car I have was a leased 2019 S560. That lease expired on January 2, 2022. So, in November I bought out the lease from Mercedes Benz. They received the bank check on December 11, 2021. My last payment was on December 2, 2021, of which they took from my account. The payoff included the last month because the payoff was prior to the due date. So, I overpaid. Over the course of the next several weeks, I called Mercedes Financial at least ten times asking about my refund and got excuse after excuse of why I have not received my refund. Then, on January 14, my new car arrives at the dealership.

Now from December 11th until January 14th, I have not received the title which I needed as I was trading the car in. The salesman tried several times to get the title with little sucess but was told the odometer statement could not be found. Now I watch the girl at my bank go through each document, stapled them together and place all documents and the check in the envelope and seal it. So, I had to email a copy of the odometer statement to the dealer which forwarded it to Mercedes. After one week of the new car being at the dealer, Mercedes Financial said they would overnight the title to my bank. That was on January 20th. I called on Monday and the bank has yet to receive the title.

On Saturday, January 22nd, which everything was worked out with the dealer to take the new car, the deal fell apart as the title for the S560 was not in my name and they could not take the car in on a trade. The sales tax I paid on buying out the old car was to be offset with the new tax on the new car but could not because of the title. So, I paid additional tax. I took the new car Saturday but could not take my old car home because I transferred the plant and canceled the insurance. So, now my 2019 S560 is sitting at the dealer, I now both cars and have to make payments, and I still don't have the title. The title could take up to 90 days to receive! This has been the most frustrating experience I have ever had, and I think Mercedes Financial should compensate me for their delays. It should not take 6 weeks to close out an account, send the title and send a refund check for an over payment.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

My lease expires at the end of January 2022 and in late December 2021 I remitted the residual amount required to buy the vehicle and mailed MBFS an odometer reading form as required. Since it is nearly 30 days after the fact and I have not received the title or registration or any correspondence, I have attempted to contact MBFS by phone on numerous occasions to speak to a representative. I have been left on hold for hours and have not been successful in being able to reach anyone live. As well, I sent them a descriptive email of the situation that I am trying to solve for and received a template response. Thank you for reaching out to Mercedes-Benz Financial Services through our MBFS.com website.

"A Customer Service representative will be reaching out to you shortly regarding your request. If you have any questions in the meantime, please contact our Client Services department at (800) 654-6222 between the hours 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Central time, Monday through Friday and 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Central time on Saturday." I have purchased or leased 4 MB vehicles since 2013 and have no intention of purchasing an MB vehicles in the future given this incident. Based on my experience, I would strongly recommend anyone who is considering purchasing a MB to think twice.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Mercedes Benz Financial Services (MBFS), the wait time is almost 2 hours every single time they are called. I purchased my vehicle 10/23/2021 over a month ago. The bank is still waiting and did not receive the TITLE and, I did still did not receive the "PAID IN FULL" letter. When I called numerous times to find out where this paperwork is so it can be changed over at Motor Vehicles, I was told the account is closed because they were paid. I'm not sure what they do there but, it's definitely not their job and they really don't care. They tell you things that just don't happen. I will never buy another Mercedes after this very frustrating experience.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

In early 2021 I decided to pay off my MB E350 and received confirmation that it was paid in full. For 6 months I have been trying to get my TITLE. Each time I call I get a different story plus promises "it's in the mail". This last time MBFS said I had no account with them - of course not, I paid it off and owe nothing. I finally threatened to call my attorney (my son has his own practice) and accuse them of fraud: Holding on to TITLEs when they do not own the cars.

It was partially effective, I received a letter from MBFS stating they have no lien and no interest in my vehicle - just so I can register my vehicle and drive lawfully. I STILL HAVE NO TITLE. We own 3 MBs and used to be brand loyal. But I will not purchase another MB even though I paid cash ($64K) for one earlier this year and walked away with the TITLE. Thank God I didn't deal with MBFS.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

I am having a terrible experience with MBFS after returning my vehicle. Before returning the car, there was a autovin inspection. In the inspection the inspector noted that the charging cable is missing. When I pointed him to the power outlet where the cable was, he mentioned that to return the cable when you return the car. I returned my leased car with the charging cable. But still the MBFS send me invoice charging for the cable amount of $900. When I dispute the charge, they are not able to verify that the cable was returned. I did a CARFAX search with the VIN number and saw the car was serviced for pre-delivery and called the dealership and confirmed that the cable was there in the car. But still the MBFS insist on me paying for the missing cable.

Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Company Information