2. Finance
  3. Car Loans

Mercedes-Benz Financial

Mercedes-Benz Financial
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.32/5

Mercedes-Benz is a German luxury car manufacturer. Read reviews for their models:

Mercedes-Benz Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes-Benz Financial?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes Benz?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

So much for "the best or nothing"! I paid off my $49,000 loan in July 2020 with MBFS and still have not received my title! I keep calling and keep getting the runaround and this is not to mention having to wait on hold for 30-45 minutes which is inexcusable, they need an answering system that will take your number and call you back! The stupid woman I spoke with in customer service said that my BANK has to decide where my title is being sent to, and when I called my bank they literally laughed and said it is not up to them; it is my car that I paid off. I used MBFS previously and they acted in a professional manner; they are failing miserably now! HIRE MORE HELP WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING! NOT RECOMMENDED!!!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

DON'T EVER BUY AN EXTENDED WARRANTY ON A MERCEDES VEHICLE. I have been driving Mercedes cars exclusively since 1974. Since 1998 my wife have been driving 2 Mercedes exclusively. I purchased a 2013 Mercedes SL550 with only 8000 miles on it back in 2016 from Mercedes E Ca. I sold my SL550 that I purchased from Mercedes E in June.

I had several months left on my extended warranty that I paid several thousand dollars. I was entitled to a refund of $875. I canceled the policy on June 4th. When I called the dealer to check on a refund he told me the company he would take care of it - He did. (I have a copy of that transaction.) But 2 months later I have received nothing. When I called Mercedes Financial they had no record of it. They told me to call back the dealer I bought it from. I did last week and the Financial Director I dealt with is gone.

I was told by the new F.D that the company had been sold and he said he was not responsible for the refund that I had to go after the new company. I asked him for contacts of the new company so that I could pursue them to obtain my $875 refund. He said he would check for me but 2 phone calls later I never heard back from him. AS a last resort I have called Mercedes Financial 6-7 times and got nowhere. They keep transferring me back and forth to the same people accomplishing nothing but wasting many hours of my time. After driving Mercedes over 40 years I am screwed out of my $875. I unfortunately I obtained a 2020 SL450 which I JUST before they refusing to pay me my refund. THIS WILL BE THE LAST MERCEDES I WILL EVER DRIVE.___

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 24, 2020

We leased a vehicle from Mercedes-Benz of Massapequa. Upon returning our old lease and getting the new lease we were informed by the salesperson that fees would be waived. Weeks later after returning the vehicle we have been harassed by Mercedes-Benz Financial stating that we owe them two additional months of lease payments due to the car needing repairs and the body shop now fixing it quick enough. When I spoke with them they told me I need to fight with my insurance company to make those payments. Meanwhile they have the new car and have nothing to do with the old one anymore. Mercedes financial was not helpful. They were rude. Did not care what I was told from the sales person. I will never do business with this company again. They also do not tell you that when your lease is over and if you do not wanna lease with Mercedes again that they charge you a fee to walk away.

I have these vehicles from other dealers and never ever had such problems like I am having now with Mercedes financial. People need to be aware that Mercedes financial are not reliable. They lie and do not work with their customers. Buyers be weary of this company and be aware before you sign any documents because what is said at the dealership is not what is related to the financial department and you’ll get no support from the dealer when the financial company keeps on calling and harassing you.

Original review: July 23, 2020

Very unhappy with Mercedes financial practices - they stopped all lease transfers in the beginning of pandemic lockdown and have not resumed since. All other lease offering companies did. I call Mercedes several times, and they could not offer me any logical explanation for continuing this practice, which implies that Mercedes is exploiting this pandemic to further their agenda (selling more vehicles and initiating new leases). This action created enormous hardship for me - I am paying for vehicle I am not using, and also people who contacted me trying to assume the lease who need solutions to the problems created by pandemic. As a physician, it is hard to see how Mercedes can do this during the time when my colleagues and essential workers are putting their lives online to help others. By pursuing profits, Mercedes is making it at the huge expense of the leaseholders. At the time of the pandemic, it is unforgivable.

Original review: July 15, 2020

I have been patiently waiting for MBFS to open up lease transfers which has been on hold since the beginning of the pandemic. I have been barely scraping by saving enough to make for the payments. Most leasing companies have been processing lease transfers since April (BMW). How is such a large company not able to process such a simple request???

Their communication has been horrendous. The only thing that I was told for the past few months was to check their website weekly. Finally, I was told today that transfers were stopped indefinitely. MBFS is not willing to help any customers and their only solution is to take a payment deferral. I am stuck making an high payment on a car that is not being used. I have multiple buyers ready and willing to take over the lease but MBFS is not willing to help anyone in this situation. I will never buy a Benz again due to their terrible customer service. I guess I’ll spend my money at BMW or Audi when the time comes to buy a new car.

Original review: July 2, 2020

I have to say I never write reviews however my experience with Mercedes and Mercedes Benz Financial has been horrible. If I could rate them with a zero I would. They claim that customer loyalty is their priority but that is not at all what I have received for being a loyal customer for over 10 years. I leased a Mercedes for 2 years while I was trying to determine my next vehicle purchase. At the end of the lease, two years with less than 15,000 miles on the car, I was sent an invoice to replace the tires ($1500), for scratches and dings ($1,000), for a disposition fee of $595. Outrageous.

I replaced the tires of which should never of had to been replaced on a two year vehicle which was driven less than 15,000 miles in two years. I was told that they would not waive the disposition fee because I wanted to pay cash for my next vehicle. Very disconcerting. I was also told that they would not consider waiving any fees even though I returned the vehicle with more than 10,000 miles under what I had purchased in the lease. The customer service agents lack any empathy even during a pandemic. I asked if they would work with me on what was owed and they said no. Customer loyalty? Caring for your customer? Sorry Mercedes and Mercedes Financial you have lost a family of loyal customers!

Original review: June 29, 2020

Hi. I paid of for my Mercedes CLA 250 in 3/5/2020 and can not get my title in 4 month. They don't send to DMV or to me the actual title which would help me to get the title on my name. I called them a lot of time, and each time got answer that they will call DMV or they will solve the problem soon but, with no success. It is worst service I have ever had. I actually, hopeless, don't know what to do to get the title.

Original review: June 15, 2020

Horrible experience with Mercedes Benz Financial. They don't give a damn about their clients, reputation or brand, no empathy or flexibility during these Pandemic tough times. It is during these tough times when you know what brands stand for. Mercedes has been loud and clear, that they only care about themselves, not their clients, their community or their employees. They refuse to work with you. I will never be driving a Mercedes ever. American cars for me from now on. I have a Ford, it is a better car and an amazing company to work with.

Original review: March 10, 2020

Updated on 04/21/2020: As you may recall, I posted in March concerning this same issue which has escalated. MBFS deserves a negative gazillion stars for their treatment toward me. Recall I stated they have double charged me, I refuse to pay what I don't owe, and they now have reported this false information to the CB which I have to dispute amid this global crisis. I have contacted them numerous times via one of the same methods through which they contact me concerning this, and also stated my expectation of their cooperation amid COVID-19 as I am in both a globally-identified hotspot state and neighborhood. They are trying to force me to pay what I don't owe, and now any payment made will be applied as the payment I don't owe.

Recall they kept holding my mail-in payments until after the due date to assign me late and other fees - pretending they did not receive it but it "miraculously" appears when I inquire about their fraudulent acts. Now they have disabled online payments, so even if I wanted to make a payment, I can not. Mailing in is not an option for the aforementioned reasons. There is so much more, but I am honestly exhausted writing about this injustice. They have received my email communications as acknowledged by the response I received yesterday which addressed no issue. The FTC has informed me they are in violation, and most likely are already aware of this. They just figure I don't know. MBFS you are wrong. You can not double charge me, and become indignant because I will not pay the fraudulent charge. Customers keep you in business. Remember that.

Original Review: Though they thought the 'It's the best or nothing' motto, this company leaves everything to be desired in its billing and treatment of customers. The company uses fraudulent tactics to steal funds. The most recent incident of which I speak is for a payment I send via USPS that MBFS alsely stated they had not received (I know this because they have done this previously).

Their scam is they receive your payment, but instead of posting it upon receipt (which is always on time and never late in my case), they hold it until you pass a timeframe wherein they may assess you late fees and other charges. I have 0 voicemails, emails, faxes, texts, or any communication indicating their supposed attempt to initiate a lost payment query, which I requested along with providing all pertinent documentation needed for an expedient resolve.

Of course I knew they had received the payment already and were fraudulently failing to post it, because miraculously when I was forced to call them because of their antics, the payment posted right after. Interestingly, another part of their scam is to try to charge me twice for the same payment. A so-called supervisor even tried to appeal to my desire to maintain my current credit rating by threatening credit bureau reporting if I did not comply with his fraudulent and unethical insistance that I pay twice for the same month's payment.

This is absolutely absurd, and of course I did not and shall not pay this or any other company twice as part of their double-billing scheme. All they care about is the bottom-line, not customers or customer loyalty. I will not be bullied into paying anything twice. Another rationale for pretending non-receipt of mailed payments is to gain access to my financial card and/or account to extract funds at will (something they have attempted to do throughout the duration of our business relationship). In addition, when they owe you money, they hold it hostage so to speak, but expect payment timeliness from customers always (which I do). A recognized brand name does not equal good and/or ethical business practices.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

Absolute ** over a measly $2000 at the end of the lease for the balloon figure payout. My mother passed away and the lease ended and I had to find $4000.00. I tried to sell it. In no way did they mention that if this contines to drag would they charge interest. Tried to talk about the estate and my commitments on my end and all they cared about was what they tried to do. It's a shame such a reputable company has to resort to these low tactics of the small print in these sad circumstances.

Mercedes-Benz Financial Company Information