Want to lower your monthly Car payment?

Find out if you qualify for lower rates!

Get Matched
  2. Finance
  3. Car Loans

Lexus Financial Services

Lexus Financial Services
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

Want to lower your monthly car payment?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Want to lower your monthly Car payment?

Find out if you qualify for lower rates!

Get Matched

Want to lower your monthly car payment?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Lexus Financial Services Reviews

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Our lease term was up on October 10, 2019 on our NX200T. In mid-September my husband called LFS to confirm all payments were current and to get instructions on how to turn in the vehicle. The LFS representative confirmed our contract was fully paid. He said our contract was up on October 10th and we had until October 20th, 2019 to turn the car in and to simply contact a local dealer for instructions. My husband called the local dealer twice to confirm and to find out how to check in the car. The dealer told us the same info (that we had until the 20th to bring the car in) and that the person who handles lease turn ins was available M – F, 9 am - 5 pm. When it came time to turn in the car we noticed that the 20th fell on a Sunday (we were out of town thru that Friday), a day that no one would be at the dealer to check in our car, so we brought the car in on Monday morning the 21st, the next logical business day.

LFS is now attempting to collect an entire extra month's lease payment because we brought the car in on Monday the 21st instead of Sunday the 20th (despite the fact that there was no one at the dealer on Sunday the 20th). We have attempted to get someone reasonable to discuss the situation, we have offered a compromise, to pay a prorated 1 day or 10 days and every rep we have spoken to simply says they are not authorized to do anything except collect the full extra lease payment. They call every single week with no one ever seeming to know the previous conversations we have had and, despite numerous phone calls, emails and actual letters via USPS, we have been waiting for almost 2 months for anyone in a higher level position to call or email to discuss a resolution.

We have owned 4 different Lexus cars over the years including this NX200T and believe our request is more than reasonable in light of the above circumstances. LFS representatives have been rude, condescending ("read your contract" one told us) and unhelpful. Supervisors are no different than the the people they supervise. For a supposed luxury brand this is the worst customer experience I have ever had in my lifetime for any product! If I could give them -5 stars I would. Final note, we just received a semi-form letter response with a stamped signature today, January 16, 2020, to a formal letter we wrote to the President of LFS on November 29, 2019. The letter is from customer service person (they couldn't even pretend it was from the president or have a simulated real signature) stating that they would not prorate any payment and that the full extra $408 is due and payable.

Not that I think Lexus cares but I have already, in 2 months influenced and steered 4 car purchases away from Lexus due to this experience -- we just bought an Audi and a Lincoln, my mother in-law was going to look at Lexus and instead went with Volvo and my sister's Lexus lease is up this month and she said she won't lease another one based on how we have been treated in this situation.

Ana **

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I had a previous Lexus lease through LFS in which I was paying off the balance on my mileage overage. I set up an automatic monthly payment to pay this off. In November of 2019, I called LFS to see how much was remaining on my balance, so I could pay of the remaining amount. I learned through this call that my account had been satisfied, paid in full and closed as of September. Not only was I never notified that it was paid off, but LFS continued to collect 4 payments worth of over payments from me (I was paying $75 twice monthly).

After months of trying to get my money refunded to me - having to submit evidence via back statements, copies of checks and notarized documents, and waiting for all this to be reviewed by several different departments - I called yesterday to find out through the customer service rep I spoke too that the money I was due in a refund was applied to my current lease with LFS back in September and October. Not a single person I spoke to over the last 3 months was able to tell me that. LFS wasted my time and effort asking me for evidence for a refund I was never going to receive because it was already applied to my current lease. Meanwhile, with them applying this money to my current lease, I was now overpaying there. I will never, ever - ever - lease with LFS again.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I leased a vehicle from Lindsay Lexus through Lexus Financial Services back in 2015. After three and half years of use, I decided to return the vehicle as I wanted an upgrade. Before making the arrangement when to give in the vehicle, I called Lexus Financial to understand my liabilities. They confirmed I'd have to return the vehicle anytime before the next payment cycle which happened to be the 5th of the month. So, having gotten the confirmation from them, I made arrangements to return the car on April 4th, 2019. By that time, I'd already paid my March payment which would have made it okay for me to drive the car until the 5th of April.

But the incompetent Lexus Financial Services folks sent me a closing invoice for wear and tear and excess mileage which I was expecting but also $523 for the month of April. I immediately got ahold of someone at LFS and explained I shouldn't pay for the month I have not used the car. The representative I spoke to understood and said that they would send me a new bill. I never got a bill from LFS and today (November) I got a letter from a collection agency for the exact amount they billed me in April. First, I find it aggravating that they sent my account to collections without attempting—even once—with a corrected invoice themselves. Secondly, Why wasn't the bill corrected? Thirdly, the radius collection agency they use probably have high school dropouts who don't even understand simple dispute that I don't owe the lease portion of the bill.

I had no option but to call back LFS who, apparently, blamed me for not following up on the bill. With countless bills flying everywhere, I don't see how I'm supposed to call every vendor to remind them to send me a bill (had that been the expectation). The people who get to office to work and make sure their company collects money by following up and making corrections where need be are unfortunately expecting the customer to follow up. Unbelievable! Why not get rid of all the employees and have the customers do everything then? Incompetent is an understatement!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Started a lease transfer on 10/19 after brother in law passed away... It's now 11/15 and not even through the credit process yet! They made a mistake which cost us valuable time, sending unnecessary information back & forth through snail mail (I paid to have it expedited) and everything seems to move in 3-5-7 business day increments, so time keeps ticking while they take their sweet time and my sister pays for a car and insurance that she isn’t using and simply can’t afford. Shameful!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I recently turned my Lexus ES350 in early due to going over my lease miles and not wanting to continue accumulating excess miles. I turned it in August 2019 and it wasn't due until May 2020. The other car company that I went with paid the remaining 9 month lease payments. On the day that I turned it in everything was fine. But then I start getting phone calls stating that I owe $2500 for wear and tear, broken windshield and taxes.

Now I know I had to cover the excess miles but these other charges and taxes were never disclosed or discussed. Also, it's very interesting that I still haven't received anything in the mail on paper about these charges and I have asked several times. I called today to make the final payment and I asked if they would mail me a receipt and I was told by the young lady on the phone, that the payment has to be on file for 30 days. She never stated that after the 30 days if they were going to send a receipt out or not. Lexus has truly lost a valuable customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

LFS is a shell of the reputation for customer service the brand portrays in their marketing and dealerships. I’m on my fourth lease through Lexus Financial. After turning in my 3rd vehicle, I bought a new home and had a change of address as a result. Several months after turning in my 3rd Lexus to the dealership, I got a call from a # claiming LFS had sold my delinquent debt to them for unpaid lease-end mileage charges. This debt collector was incredibly aggressive & rude like I’d committed some sort of crime. I thought it was a prank call, as no one from LFS ever called me directly or emailed regarding lease-end charges. When I called LFS to ask about the call, they told me they have “no visibility” but the call is legitimate.

Apparently, LFS has send a statement for lease-end fees to my old address. I was still a customer of theirs making payments on my new lease. I never got the statement and never once received an email or voicemail message letting me know I had unpaid charges. It had to get to the point of being sent as a bad debt to a 3rd party before I even found out. LFS acted like they couldn’t have cared less. With technology today, LFS needs to take ownership of trying to reach folks via email and leave voice messages when they have a bill versus relying on paper mail. The entire experience made me feel nickled & dimed with zero value as a repeat customer. This is NOT #customerobsession. Sad because the product is good, but you have to treat people right & make things right for your loyal customers and LFA has proven they will not do that.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

At the expiration of my 3-yr lease for a Lexus is-300, I returned the car with 8,500 miles. I returned it at the dealers's location, as I was advised, thinking that a visual inspection would be performed in my presence. the individual who took over the car told me "your car is like brand new, etc., etc.".. And I thought that was the end of it. He also told me I will get a bill later for $374.50 -the fee for not renewing the lease (also a rip-off, but I was told about it at the beginning). After 3- 4 weeks, I received an invoice for $816 - 374.50 penalty for not renewing the lease and $442 for "excess wear."

1) How can a car with 8500 miles on it have excess wear?

2 ) When I called the finance co.- leasing services - they were adamant in their position that the car had several bumps and a scratch on the front bumper. They inspect the car after you leave it - not in your presence; therefore, there is no arguing. Mind you - I was told at the beginning of the lease that for normal wear there would be no charges.

3) Their profit on the resale of a lexus with 8500 miles is enormous. It was just logical to compensate whatever work they had to do to bring it in tip-top condition from the substantial gain they make on the sale. Instead, their greed and daring make them pass the cost of the work for putting the car back on the market on the consumer.

I am in the process of discussing the matter with an attorney. I advise all those being ripped-off like me to seek legal advice. It's not the amount only, it's the dishonesty of it all. Unparalleled charlatans!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Having leased a total of four Lexus vehicles over 12 years in our household, I was told that each subsequent lease would have the same terms. This was not true for the Lease Disposition Fee, which increased each time. So beware on your subsequent lease contracts. Also Lexus Financial Services keeps giving different answers as to how they can "courtesy" waive the Lease Disposition fee. They will not provide anything in writing but their guideline is someone in your household leasing another Lexus within 30 days (but after this experience, I won't be doing that again). The second having 3 (or 4 depending on which representative you speak to) Lexus or Toyota leases yourself (or within your household again depending on which representative you speak to).

The representatives are varying levels of helpful (from not at all to possibly competent but just want to transfer you to somebody else) and spent most of their time blaming the dealer or saying I was wrong. Even after providing the information requested, they denied the waiver with no additional information and seem affronted when you ask for additional information, so you can provide them the information required. Terrible experiences with Lexus Financial Services.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

At the end of my first lease on an RX350 I leased another RX350. Shortly after taking delivery of the new 350 I received an end of lease claim on the first for $720, $600 for "bad vehicle repair for a minor accident and the balance for a scratch on a seat. The seat scratch was fair but the $600 was a "let's see what we can screw this customer for". I called to dispute the $600 saying it was fixed through an insurance company and suddenly it was dropped.

Then we got to the end of the second lease and I decided not to release until I see what happens with the end of lease assessment and it was "here we go again". Claiming a damaged tire and $200 + for a new tire. When I took it to a tire dealership they were shocked with the claim. Glad I didn't release, went back to Honda. I have lease from BMW, Acura, Honda and Mini and every time I have turned in the vehicle with no issue; not Lexus! I wrote to Lexus at the end of both leases and guess what? NO REPLY. Let the buyer beware!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I was in a partnership business with my brother in law. Unfortunately he passed away in April. In June I was notified that my credit rating went all the way down. We had 30 days to pay the bill, while attending services and everything else that followed we forgot to pay for one month on my Lexus bill. I was basically just told to bad on you by a Lexus financial supervisor. We had been Lexus customers for years and never missed a payment. I am a older senior citizen who never had one mark against me in over 70 years. They are disgusting and I will never lease another Lexus.

Not sure about Lexus Financial Services?

Find out if you qualify for Auto Loan refinancing, today!

Lexus Financial Services Company Information