Lexus Financial Services
Based on 58 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Auto Warranty Expired?

Lexus Financial Services

63 Lexus Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I have spent no less than 10 hours on the phone arguing with this service to no avail. I might as well have driven this stupid car off the road... I would have gotten more satisfaction! The short of it is this - I have had an app (Prism - great app) paying my bills for the last five years. Two years ago I bought my GS 350 and synced it to Prism. In those two years I never had a problem, that is until Lexus initiated a "Verification Code". Prism goes into the billers website to pay, since Lexus now refuses to recognize the app it sends out a Verification Code, which in turn makes you re-sync Lexus to the app... so I learned the hard way.

When this was first implemented I called Lexus financial and was told that the verification code was not from them and to ignore it, which I did, in turn missing a payment, which hit my credit! I have owned two Lexus' and in the six years that I have been making payments I have NEVER MISSED ONE. Since I was not notified by Lexus of any missed payment I had no reason to think anything was wrong. If I am not notified by the bank or a biller I 'assume' everything is OK. I have been using this app for five years and have yet to have a problem.

Recently, I received a phone call from an unknown number... As usual I did not answer it - does anybody? However, the area code was from Chicago and since I am doing something in that area I thought to Google the number to make sure it wasn't someone I needed to talk to. It turned out to be Lexus. I immediately dialed the number and that is when I found out that my June payment was 45 days late and my July was 15 days late.

I paid the bill, as finances were not the issue and started to make phone calls. After making multiple calls and explanations as to why the payments were missed (the new implementation of the verification code) they refused to budge. Prism wrote a letter to them on my behalf explaining the situation and still they refused. The dealer called his rep when I told them that I will not be purchasing/leasing Lexus because of the way I am being treated after being a loyal customer for years and still nothing.

LFS stance is that it is not their fault and that there are multiple ways to pay and know that you missed a payment. Look at your statement, check your bank account, answer your phone. Seriously? I don't look at my statement as I have an app that has never failed me in five years. Check my account - well, I keep enough money in my checking account to pay all my bills, I rarely look at it with a fine tooth comb (I will now) and more importantly, I DO NOT answer calls from unknown numbers! Lastly, I do not need a lecture from an hourly employee of LFS telling me how to handle my finances... How dare they.

What was clear during these calls was that not one person knows why they are told not to leave a message... not even the executive office, just that they don't. When I pressed them I got several different answers. 1). It's illegal - back to training for her! 2). It's our policy - OK, show me where it says that on my contract. 3). We just don't - great answer. 4). Because we don't know who is going to listen to the voice mail and if we say they owe money it will be embarrassing.

Great training on LFS' part. Let me translate what all the above is actually saying. We, at LFS, are mitigating our chances of being sued for 'potential disclosure of personal information' by implementing an automated system that does not leave messages, thereby not protecting our customer's rights to information that will allow them to rectify a potential problem. We, at LFS, are more interested in protecting ourselves because of improper training of our employee's than our customers"

I am now speaking to a lawyer regarding whether making an 'automated phone call' is legally binding if 1). The majority do not go through, 2). They do not leave a message so you are unaware that there is a problem. 3). As a company they know the vast majority of customers do not answer calls that are unknown. 4). Not all automated calls go through. I will accept the late payment as a 'punishment', but not the ding on my credit. I am far from done with them and depending on what the lawyer tells me will consider a class action suit against this practice. If this has happened to you and you are interested (depending on the laws of your state) please feel free to contact me at **.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Disgusting that Lexus has such poor customer service. Currently on hold for over 35 min right now while writing this review. This makes my decision that I have switched to BMW that much more valid. Shame on your Lexus Financial and damn you for wasting my morning after I’ve purchased six vehicles from you. I’m disgusted by you.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I would like to caution people about leasing. At the end of my Lexus lease I was sent a bill for $1042 which I called and asked for Lexus to review because the car had no damage. The rep and I talked a week later and she said there was no damage to the vehicle and asked me to pay $692 for going over on mileage. I did as requested. Then I was sent to collection for the difference! $1042 - $692 = $350. I paid what was asked and then sent to collections!! I called Lexus immediately but no one was willing to take care of this or even tell me who to talk to about this. Buyer beware!!!

Original review: July 20, 2018

I called about deferring a payment to the end of the loan, because of extenuating circumstances. My first car (another bank) did it. No problem. I paid the interest for that month and they moved the one principal payment to the end of the loan. Pretty cut and dry it was easy... but when I called Lexus Financial to do the same thing. Keep in mind I am Tier 1 financed. She said it would roughly cost me 6 thousand dollars in interest charges! I'm not a math major but WTF? How did she get to that number. I asked... She said something about how many days left of my loan times my interest rate. She was also going a hundred miles an hour. I couldn't understand most of her explanation of this chaos math. Is this how they defer payments? Did she know her job? What just happened? Ugh!

Original review: June 2, 2018

Traded in my Lexus GX460 at Planet Ford for a Lexus LX570 beginning of April. Lexus Financial called me middle part of May stating my payment is 30 days late. I immediately told the representative that I traded in that car a month prior and she acted like they had not received payoff payment. She advised me to call Planet Ford to see where they sent payment, the check number, how much they sent etc. I called Planet Ford and they told me they sent payment TWICE and Lexus Financial Services rejected it!!! WHAT?! Come to find out, they said they rejected it because my last name is different ( I got married in 2016 and never updated my last name) and they couldn’t accept it that way without updated proof of name change.

They also asked me if Planet Ford placed the account number on the check or social security number to be able to associate the account with Phenix. I told them “hell I don’t know, I’ve never been this deeply involved in this process but I will make sure to find out”. Called Planet Ford and they said they placed all the necessary info on the check vin number, acct number/loan number, social security number etc and they didn’t wanna accept without the correct last name. Now they have reported me to credit bureau for payment as of now 45 days late! And they are continuously adding late fees. Every time I call, the payoff amount is different. Since initially finding out, I have been in contact with both Planet Ford and Lexus and each time I speak with Lexus it’s something different they need which further holds up the process!

This last time they wanted an upload my driver license and ss card In which they received and the following week they said they needed me to sign an authorization form before they could officially change it! WHAT??? I just spoke with you guys the prior week and there was no mention of that. As of now, they said it will take about a week to update in which Planet Ford has sent another check already (Tuesday to be exact) in which Lexus say they haven’t received. In speaking with Lexus rep today she advised me to call Planet Ford, have them stop payment on this check coming and reissue another check with vin number, ss number, loan/ acct number. Planet ford told me they placed all that info on the last 2 checks and the 3rd one that’s en route. I’m just afraid no matter what is done, they will still find a way to not accept it and it’s me and my credit that suffering. We have resorted to calling the news station to broadcast what is going on.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?

Original review: April 17, 2018

Lexus Financial paid 2017 Virginia Personal Property Tax on a leased car that was moved to New Jersey in 2016. They want me to pay for their mistake. They KNEW it was moved to New Jersey in 2016 because they filed and received a tax abatement for partial payment of the tax for 2016. But, without telling me, they immediately turned the matter over to collection, which calls repeatedly and doesn't listen. I've notified Lexus in writing multiple time about their error. I'm going to consult with our attorney about how to stop the harassment. I've been a Lexus customer for over 24 years. This will be my last Lexus. I've had problems before with their "back office." My credit rating is stellar. I won't be cowed by these incompetents.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I requested and received authorization to offset 2 payments, requested because I had just been flooded out of my house AND while in hotels my dad was diagnosed with highly aggressive Leukemia. So he asked me to drive to Texas to help setup care for him and his dementia wife and a few days later he died. AND a few days after literally ALL 3 of my clients (in a software engineering contractor) at the exact same time decided to fully decided to offshore and terminate all contractors (Sony, Audatex, Towers Watson) AND at the same time my daughter was getting married. Each horribly demanding but at the exact same time?

Anyway Lexus originally said no then after a while yes. This was after many calls and letters explaining what was going on. I have PERFECT credit except for Lexus for the 2 payments I requested an extension for, which they later approved, but EVEN THOUGH it was approved they STILL REPORT the two payments as late and they REFUSE to take it off EVEN THOUGH I have the documents sitting in front of me FROM Lexus approving to MOVE the payments to the end. IF the payments are approved to be moved to the end HOW can they be late? Their due date is still in the future. Either the payments were due or not.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I own 5 Lexus at the time that I am writing this review. I have exchanged my LX570 every year for a new model since 2013. I traded my 2017 for 2018 and I paid my negative equity of $20,350 to the Lexus dealership. For some reason the Lexus Dealer sent my pay off late to Lexus Financial which caused Lexus Financial to report the 30 days late payment to my credit! I called Lexus Financial over 10 times and spoke to many people including a manager who refused to give me her last name. Just the first name Jenny **, and they did nothing to fix the problem they caused me!!! I will never ever buy another Lexus or Toyota! Jenny (manager) told me this error was caused by a Lexus dealership that is privately owned and they cannot help me!!! Shame on LEXUS FINANCIAL by not backing their own dealer and product. STAY AWAY FROM THIS BRAND. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ZERO.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I have twice attempted to transfer one of my Lexus leases to parties who I pre-qualify and have good credit. All supporting documentation as required by LFS was mailed to them. In both cases, LFS denied the applicants and would not give any details as to why they denied the applicants. I had the applicants call LFS and they would not give them details over the phone. They said that they mailed letters to the applicants with an explanation as to why they denied the transfer application.

However, in both cases, neither applicant received any documentation after making multiple requests. They were not provided with credit score information either. It seems very suspect to me that LFS actually processes these applications. The fact that no one at LFS would speak to me or the applicant and give details explaining why they denied the transfer is suspect to me. As a long time LFS and TFS customer, I am going to stop leasing or purchasing Toyota and Lexus products because of their unethical business practices.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I'm just another totally disgusted customer. What I don't get is why this bad actor continues to aggravate good people, although they were forced to do business with these clowns if they wanted to lease a Lexus, but isn't there a CEO or someone who is concerned how the company is perceived by customers and the general public. I mean I don't know of another company engaged with the public that is more hated than Lexus Financial Services. It seems like they go out of their way to piss customers off just to use the most over-used corporate number 1 phrase bar none - "I'm sorry you feel that way". For the second time back to back leases they have wrongly reported my account to their Third Party Credit Partner i.e. Collection Agency. They retracted their "mistake" (it wasn't a mistake) but rudely and begrudgingly fixed things by contacting 3 credit companies and getting my account straightened out.

But they did so with a ** attitude. Now here we go again on the 2015 RX350 I turned in and unfortunately leased another 2017 Lexus. I love being abused by these people. I owed them $5781.83 for excessive mileage and some property tax, (which is a scam in itself) according to the letter I received and in the letter my due date was 11/15/2017. I have no dispute with the amount of money they said I owed. I called on the due date to pay the $5781.83. After getting my share of abuse by being transferred multiple times, I'm told my account was moved to their Third Party Credit Partner, the dreaded deadbeat collection agency. UNBELIEVABLE!!! Days later I get the letter from collections dated 11/13/2017!!! Two days BEFORE MY DUE DATE!!! That 11/13/2017 typed on my letter was the day they began writing my letter so no telling how long they had my account before processing my letter.

So would somebody tell me why Lexus Financial Services sold or gave or moved my account to a collection agency BEFORE MY ACCOUNT WAS DUE TO BE PAID??? Why do they constantly and continually piss customers off and then lay low in the weeds like a snake and avoid talking to you. I asked for supervisors multiple times and even left a voicemail on their automated system used for that purpose after waiting on hold for a very long time - all my efforts failed. Nobody again NOBODY CALLED ME BACK. I have been dealing with these --- since that day of 11/15/2017. Today is 11/27/2017. I was filling out forms and investigating my rights on THANKSGIVING DAY!!! I want JUSTICE.

I don’t think this ConsumerAffairs website will do any good either but I'm going to keep telling this story (so much more could be said) until I reach somebody who will make these bad actors stop harassing their customers. BTW My credit rating was one of the highest my salesperson had seen when I leased the current Lexus I have now. IT BETTER BE BACK TO THAT SAME NUMBER. And the amount of time I have logged on this mess is getting higher and higher and my per hour cost is going to be offset against the $5781.83. In fact, they will owe me. Wonder if I should use the same third party credit partner?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

One of the worst customer service experiences I’ve ever had! I returned a lease vehicle and received a generic form letter that said there was excessive wear, mileage or disposition fee. It said to go to the website to see the details. After much searching and putting in my information, it said the information wasn’t available, and it said to call the 1-800 number. After calling that several times and being on hold for 20-30 min, I finally got to speak to someone who told me “Oh, that’s a different department, let me transfer you,” and was immediately disconnected — twice.

The next time I called I asked for a direct number to call. Once again I was put on hold for 20-30 minutes listening to the same annoying message. When I finally did get to speak to a live person the connection was so bad I could hardly hear what she was saying. She wasn’t overly friendly about my questions nor caring when I recommended she send a complaint up the chain about their terrible phone system and the generic form letter that was obviously incorrect. I expected more from Lexus.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I transferred my lease for my 2016 Lexus when I moved to Manhattan. The process was extremely frustrating. Each time a call was made to Lexus Financial Services a different answer was received. It took much longer than necessary to transfer this lease all the while paying parking fees in Manhattan. Lexus Financial originally sent an important document to an incorrect address, not one I have ever lived at. It was mistake after mistake after mistake. Weeks later I tried to have them complete forms needed to receive a refund on my registration in my state. It took 7 phone calls, from July to November. Each time I was told it would be taken care of. Finally I received the forms and the signature of the rep. was not notarized so they are no good to me.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

They charging me with a late payment and it is not true... I did talk to a rep and took my credit card if the system failed to process the payment is not my fault... I had 7 different Lexus and never late in payments not even once. I sent a letter explaining all of this and they didn't care. They are like robots only do what computers says!!! This is the only negative thing in my credit and it is affecting me and my company.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

My brand new Lexus IS 200t was totaled 45 days after I had leased it. Within a week my insurance company AAA Insurance was quoted the payoff amount and submitted the payoff. A month later, Toyota/Lexus Total Loss Department falsely stated that AAA had not submitted the documentation to request title and close the account. Now, over a month after my Lexus was paid off by AAA, and after I demanded they expedite my refund of $875 for the excess wear warrant, and my $450 security deposit, I was told by a "resolution specialist" that the payoff amount quoted to AAA over a month ago was not correct, and AAA owes them a balance of $179.59, and I will not be receiving a refund.

I then told the "resolution specialist" that I had read the hundreds of consumer complaints about Toyota Lexus Financial Services aka RIP-OFF scammers, and I would be submitting a formal complaint to corporate and demanding an internal investigation of the fraud. As soon as I threatened to pursue an internal investigation of the fraud, I was assured that Toyota Financial Services would accept the original quoted payoff amount, and issue me my refunds within 2 days.

They also falsely reported a late payment for the one and only payment I made ON-TIME on May 17th, and when I asked to speak with a supervisor, I was told as usual that "a supervisor isn't available." Every single person so called "customer service representative" who works for Toyota Financial Services and their Total Loss Department are a bunch of incompetent and rude dead heads. It's a total waste of time and effort to call them. I will NEVER lease or purchase another Lexus or Toyota vehicle ever again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I turned in a leased Lexus ES350 at Rohrich Lexus on 5/2/17. Prior to turning in the vehicle, I had it inspected by a certified body shop. I purchased 4 new tires and made sure the vehicle was in great shape when it was returned to Lexus. I even tried to have the inspector who Lexus uses, come out to do a pre-check of the vehicle, but the 3rd party company made this impossible. Rohrich Lexus told me that when I called the 3rd party inspector, they would get someone out within 1 week. When I called the 3rd party inspector, they said that it would be 3 weeks to a month before someone would check the vehicle.

Prior to turning in the vehicle, I took photos of every angle and the vehicle was in great condition. When I received the bill on 7/31/17, I tried to access the inspection report via the website that was given on the bill statement. When I entered my login information, there was not an inspection report available and I was given a message that I would have to contact the dealership for the report. I am being scammed for $641.16 worth of excessive wear and use charges.

Original review: June 23, 2017

A few years back I purchase a CPO Lexus LS460L. This past November I was fortunate enough to have paid off my vehicle in full. Very satisfied with the vehicle. I decided to keep it since it was paid for. I contacted Lexus Financial Services in regards to the title of my vehicle. The first two months they assured me it was in the mail. After the fourth month I was told my address on file needed to be updated. This struck me as strange because the address where I receive my statements has not changed. I called Lexus Financial again only hear the same story of how it will be in the mail asap. As of today I have still yet to receive the title to a car that I've owned and paid for nearly 8 months. I've read many reviews about this company and it seems like the same issue; poor customer service.

Original review: June 19, 2017

If I could give zero stars I would. Typically when you first call the people in customer service are helpful, but mainly because all they do is connect you to other people. Which is honestly what happens every time you call, you get connected ten times to never speak to anyone who can help you, and each person has to ask the same questions over and over to say "I'm the wrong dept." I have never been treated so poorly and rudely. I get this is a company out to make money, but this is insane.

I lost everything in a fire a few years ago, and with it was a key fob. After calling and asking for the fee to be waived at the end of the lease, showing evidence of such fire and loss, they told me no. They wouldn't even speak to me about it. They also would never let me speak to a manager (said they don't have any and they report to no one) and then was I asked for the team lead, I was told I wasn't allowed to speak with them and have been hung up on. What is $375 to them? Why is there a fee they are so stuck on for a good reason? Especially when the car being turned in was in excellent shape for them to turn around and lease or sell. This is one of many terrible occurrences dealing with this company. I will never lease a Lexus again, which is unfortunate because the team at the dealership was delightful to work with. I realize this is a small amount to fight for, but it was the last straw of being treated terribly.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Do not do it. Never lease through Lexus Financial. They are thieves. Paid $500+ for an extra month at end of lease but returned the vehicle within days of paying. So paid through April 20 but returned vehicle on March 21, but they kept the entire one month payment. Amazing that a company the size of Lexus needs to steal $500 from an individual. Worst business practices on the planet. Also paid my $350 disposition fee which I would never have paid had I known that they would not refund my money. Absolute worst. Avoid, Avoid, Avoid.

Original review: May 22, 2017

Lexus Financial Services is the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with and after reviewing almost 40 complaints I see that many others agree. I recently leased a RX350 and signed a lease for four years only to find out about three weeks lately that they would not do a four year lease so it had to be changed to three years. I already paid the first month in January so I went along with it. I was told not to make the February payment but wait for the bill in March. I was assured LFS was aware. Before I received the March bill got a letter that I was already late. Paid the late bill in March the day it arrived only two weeks later to say they were reprocessing if I didn't pay. I call numerous time and they didn't show any payments. They were rude, left messages on my recorder. Never a name though.

Every time I called, they said they would check into but never called back. They immediately went to my credit and ruined it even though they had the money and cashed the check. I had my agent and finance person contact them and they assured them they would straighten it out. Only to get calls, messages and letters to pay what was already paid. Even after calling and they said they would call me back and straightened it out. They never called back, continued to add late fees and never corrected my credit. I paid again on May 1. They sent me a letter with yet another late fee saying now I made 4 payments instead of five with yet another late fee. They are thickheaded, unknowledgeable, unpleasant, rude, just about every one I talk to.

One night I even received a threatening call. That organization should be shut down. They haven't a clue or even care. It took from January to end of May to get it resolved. But now I am supposed to submit something if I want my credit corrected. They ruined it. They need to correct it. They say they would one time, then said they can't. I know that they can. My agent said it is finally correct as of today but I've heard that before. I like Sheehy Dealership but am angered LFS can threaten you when they caused the problem. They are horrible to deal with, never ever called to say things were corrected, no apologies, no letters. They should not be allowed to operate or represent Lexus. Worst company ever to dear with.

One correction, I believe they did call twice, once only to say they would check into the problem but never called back. Never corrected anything. It is amazing to me they can ruin your credit when it is absolutely their fault and they don't fix it. Now I'm told I can mail them something and they will submit it but why bother. They won't know what to do with it. They are worst than worst. I haven't receive a bill in two months now but the last letter had yet another late fee on it. Surprised fully they are actually affiliated with Lexus. Worst uninformed group that I have ever dealt with, Betty.

In all my years this is the worst, the worst experience I have ever had. And after reading all the reviews most feel the same way. LFS are very rude and don't expect any apologies for their incompetence and rudeness. Leased my RX350 in January and it has taken until now, end of May, for them to supposedly straightened out THEIR mess. I paid every month way before due date, by mail and bill pay. They could see the money but didn't know how to apply the money appropriately. They ruined my credit, won't fixed it. Never once called only to leave messages of repossession and nasty messages that I need to called them about my lack of payment. I called the dealership, they tried to intervene with no avail. They ignored them even.

Five months later it is supposedly straightened out. Never once contacted me, never apologized. I absolutely did everything right on my part. In my view, they are horrible, they suck at what they do and give nothing to the credibility of the Lexus name. No return calls, rude, make no effort to help the consumer, don't care if they ruin your credit. They don't help you after they make the mistakes. DO NOT LEASE A CAR FROM LFS UNLESS YOU WANT PROBLEMS. IT IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. NO PRIDE IN DEALING WITH CUSTOMERS. Read their reviews. They should be sued for ruining Lexus customer's credit unjustly and unfairly.

That company needs to take courses in customer service. They certainly do not understand that or I wonder if it is that they just don't care??? Who has to reap the benefits of their very poor customer service... Always the customer. What a shame such a large company in the USA could so poorly treat their customers for their own errors and mistakes.

Original review: April 29, 2017

I don't think I will finance with Lexus Financial Services ever again. I lost my job but wanted to defer my loan. They allowed me to defer my loan the first time, but only twice; each for a maximum period of 1 or 2 months. Yes, that's right, only 1 or 2 months. The thing is; it was a hassle to even get my loan actually deferred. I called the customer representative to help me do it, and when the time came for my next car payment, I saw that I was billed my regular monthly loan amount. I was wondering why. Then I called to do it again the next month. They said it will be deferred but yet again the next month I was charged again. It was so annoying. On the third try, I was able to get it deferred. That's terrible.

What I also didn't like was that I wanted to defer my loan again the next year. They denied my request to get my loan deferred! They didn't go into specifics about the exact reason I couldn't defer; just that I have had too many deferments. If Lexus Financial Services only allows you to defer a loan twice for a period of 1 or 2 months, what the hell is the purpose of having a deferment anyways??? Most college student loans are allowed a deferment for a period of 6 months or more if you are having financial difficulty. This just shows that the business is there to extract as much money as fast as they can from customers; not to serve them.

Original review: March 31, 2017

For three months I have been trying to get title for the 2017 Lexus RX, I purchased in November 2016. I usually pay cash for my vehicles, but this time decided to take an incentive of $1000 if I financed. On a $60,000+ vehicle I had a loan of $7500. Paid it off in December. Still no title end of March. Had to finally get nasty and threaten them this week. Received a title today and it tells me that I have to re-title in the State of Washington since all records maintained by my state of residence will continue to reflect their lien on the vehicle until I do so. I have never had such a thing happen in all the years of purchasing cars. Through all of the prior telephone calls, I was just promised and promised again that they would take care of this but no action until I threatened them that I would report them to the State. So now I still have no clear title and I am the one who is suppose to clear up this mess.

Original review: March 23, 2017

Talking about incompetence, talking about horrible customer service... I wish I could give them -0- score... 1 is too many. 45 day of aggravation to take a lease over and I am still not done with them trying to bill me and the person I took over the lease... There are too many instances of hardship. Here is one. They wanted an insurance folder to Toyota (or exact name they requested leasing co PO BOX 11... Atlanta Georgia). The insurance company emailed and hard copied a lease to exact name Toyota leasing but did not put the address on lease but mailed. They forced me to have the insurance resent with address included as beneficiary earlier. After 2 weeks they failed to send a contract so I abandoned car in Florida and found one that I did not like color locally.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

I've read the reviews, one saying the consumer is the idiot. Well, no Lexus Financial are idiots! My payment was contractually to change, but it wasn't until a few months after the change period I received a phone call from them stating I was late with my payment. I truly thought it was a scam. While the person was on the phone I check my bank account, said payment was made on time, checked my Lexus account and it said the original payment amount due and paid, but yet I was short. I honestly had no clue what was going on.

Then LFS brought to my attention the payment change per the contract. Oh yeah, yeah I acknowledge this but they had no concept that they had a fiduciary responsibility to change the amount due on my account to reflect the new payment amount, nope, they just kept deducting the original amount. Then LFS said, I was supposed to inform them of the new payment amount. From month 2 of the contract I did auto deduct. Never and I mean never once did I receive a "monthly statement" from LFS and I still don't. They just keep deducting the original amount since then. And my cussing and swearing at them, oh what do you know I have statements showing up online, but not in the mail. You know what, Lexus - nice cars, overrated - many others out there just as nice. I will never ever lease or buy a Lexus - like I said overrated for the money!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I have had over 9 Lexus vehicles since 1995, liked all but one. This time I like the vehicle, but for the first time received bill for disposition charge. Salesperson said I shouldn't have received this as I purchased another vehicle, but he hasn't called back in over a week. Beware, good cars, but Lexus financial has lost their way when it comes to keeping customers. Unless they fix this, I will never have another Lexus vehicle. I guess they have more business now than the need or want. I knew that turning in the leased vehicle was more complex than ever before, but thought the decision to stay with Lexus would make it better. Lexus of Chattanooga just needs to take care of its customers better.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

I read all of these bad reviews on here about Lexus Financial, and can only conclude that they are from idiots who FAIL TO READ what you sign. ALL lease contracts have the terms and conditions spelled out clearly, and a lease is VERY SPECIFIC in its requirements. If there is an end of lease charge, IT'S IN THE CONTRACT, if there is a mileage limit, IT'S IN THE CONTRACT, if the car has damage, YOU HAVE TO FIX IT, the car is NOT YOURS! I returned my 2015 Lexus this month, 2 year lease with 7500 mile limit per year, with 14700 miles. The car had NORMAL wear and tear, no overt damage, no accidents ever. I was charged the $350 turn in fee, AND NOTHING ELSE. In addition, I removed my bank account information from their site after the last payment was made, so I would not be continually charged for a car I turned in. Yes IDIOTS they tell you all of this. With the amount of stupidity in the world today, I weep for the future.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

A little over three years ago I financed a car from Lexus finance. For three years I paid them consistently never made any late payments or missed a payment. July 2016 I paid of the whole amount of the car before the maturity date. The amount I paid was almost $12,000. Lexus said once I paid this my account will be closed and I will have no more payments, which is what happened. They sent me the title of the car and closed my account. Around August 2016 they sent me a check of $600, which I cashed thinking that it was overpayment money. Well around October they send me a bill of the 600$ plus interest. Once I got in contact with them and asked them why I was being charged, they said I was not suppose to cash that check and I had 10 days to pay them back with the interest.

Upset and all about their mistake, as soon as I got off the phone with them I payed the $600 plus interest. They said if I paid that my account will be closed once again, which it was. Well two months later I received another bill of $14 for interest charge to be payed by December 10. I paid it. But called Lexus finance immediately trying to find out why I had to pay them more interest if the account was once again closed when I payed the $600 plus the interest. They responded that I had a past balance due of $623. Surprised and upset I asked them where is the $623 coming from if I paid everything I owed and then the mistake they did I paid it back with interest. I still haven't got an answer from them. Every time I get in contact with them they are never able to tell me why I have to pay $623 and where it's coming from. They just say it is a past due balance.

I have gotten in contact with them numerous times and no one is able to give me an answer. I have collection calling me multiple times a week trying to collect that money, and also in my credit report they put that I made a late payment to them when that is a not true. I have never made a late payment and I have always taken care of my credit and it is upsetting and frustrating that they are accusing me of owing them more money and have collection harassing me for money I do not owe them. I have never been sent to collection so you can see why I am disappointed and upset about this. I payed Lexus finance everything I owed them and even when they made a mistake I paid them back with interest. My account was closed and now again two months later here they are again opening my account for an amount of money I do not owe them.

Also customer service is not helpful or has told me where the money is coming from. I haven't received not one phone call from them to address to issue horrible services. It is upsetting that I have to deal with Lexus finance trying to steal money from me and ruin my credit when for the past three years I paid them an incredible amount of money over $30,000. I never once paid late and they have made my life a living hell since I paid off the full amount of the car before the maturity date.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

Lexus after we returned the car, continued to withdraw from our account, illegally... we returned the car, paid the extra mileage and while the car was in their possession for six month, they did withdraw from our bank account. We called them several times, and told them due to their mistake, our health insurance that was on automatic withdrawal had collapsed... and was unable to see a doctor because of their mistake. You think they would apologize and return our money??? ...After six months of pleading they still have not returned our funds wrongfully withdrawn. A company without any ethics. Be aware.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

I leased a 2014 GS350 and after extending the lease for an additional six months and being able to return the auto to Lexus at any time during the extension, I did so in late September of 2016. I was told that I would receive my security deposit of $1250 back minus a disposition charge of $325 for a net amount of $925. I was told that I would receive my money within 30 days of the turn in date. In late October I called Lexus Financial Services to check on the status of my refund. I was informed that my refund was "being reviewed" and I could expect my refund within 10 days. Ten days came and went so I called again and was told that everything had been approved, an invoice was created and my money would be sent out within 3-5 days.

I have subsequently called four times and have been given the same answer each time, ie., my money would be sent out within 3-5 days. It has now been almost two months since I returned the auto and still no money. I explained to the representative that I spoke with during my 5th phone call, who, was not the least bit helpful, that I found it ironic that I made 34 monthly payments, not only on time but early, yet Lexus Financial Services couldn't/wouldn't send me my refund within a reasonable amount of time. Shame on Lexus Financial Services. They are quick to take your money, but not so quick to live up to their financial obligations!!!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

Worst customer service ever! The way the representatives talk to you is rude and degrading. I returned my IS250 and got a bill in the mail for $1400. I was aware that I'm going to get charged for going over the miles but I was also charged $350 for the disposition fee. My mom got a Lexus 60 days before I had to return my lease and we were told they will waive the $350 of my lease. I called today and was told because it's 60 days they cannot waive the fee. WHAT?! We've been loyal customer for 10 years and you can't do an exception and we just bought a car from you again!! HORRIBLE!! Never ever getting a Lexus again and making sure my family and friends won't either!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

My company has leased 4 Lexus from and on the 5 Lexus, the finance department refused to finance us due to not believing my company was a legitimate company. The No Stress Corp is a Colorado based Corporation established back in 1998. We registered to do business in California, a Foreign Corp and have multiple business locations and a corporate subleased office. They referred my case to the Sheriff Fraud department which did its investigation and submitted a report back to Lexus Financial. It took me 3 phone calls to get the Sheriff on the line and 4 phone calls to get the Fraud department to take my calls. After getting the Sheriff and Fraud department on the line, I was assured that everything was verified and I was to continue paying my Lexus Payment.

These events happened back in January and February of 2016. I offered to returned the vehicle and asked for a full refund back then. The offer was refused and was told back then to "just make your payments." At the beginning of October, I was arrested for Grand Theft Auto by the same two personnel (Trap Sheriff division and Lexus Financial) for stealing their vehicle that I've been making payments on since January. Can someone please tell me where I went wrong?

Not sure about Lexus Financial Services?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Car Dealers for you.

Lexus Financial Services Company Information

Lexus
    www.lexus.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business