2. Finance

Lexus Financial Services

Lexus Financial Services
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.15/5

Lexus Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?

Original review: July 1, 2020

I have purchased several vehicles from Lexus and Lexus Financial held the note. In 10 years, I have never missed a payment and never been late. I am self employed and when COVID-19 hit, my business suffered badly causing me to file Chapter 13 Bankruptcy in order to save my company. I did not include Lexus in my plan and was continuing to pay them as I always had. Then Lexus would no longer accept my payments, and I spent 2 months trying to contact them. Lexus then sent me a notice that they would take my car (2010 Lexus RS450H) for a $5000 credit but I would have to pay off the difference. I asked about the virus situation and offered to pay it off for the KBB value of $7000.00 and they refused to work with me. Now they are not accepting my payments at all, and my last payment they accepted was February 2020, and no one can take any payments from me.

This is the most crooked and greedy company I have ever dealt with and they hide behind the fact that no one can make any decisions on anything. It is worse than passing a bill in Congress. Whatever you do, do not finance with them. Get an outside finance company or bank because Lexus people are crooks. They lie and pass you around like trash.

Original review: June 18, 2020

Due to Covid-19 I was granted a deferral for 2 months. Lexus is charging their customers $78. 26 per month. As a customer, I feel Lexus is taking advantage of their customers through this difficult time. I live in Maryland and the State is not fully open and my small business depends on providing services to the community but if our clients are all teleworking this prevents us from providing such service which decreases our revenue. Instead of Lexus trying to bleed their customers they should be more understanding and waive such fees especially since they only charge $25.72 for late payments. Why would I pay $156.52 to defer a payment when I can just pay late for $51.44.

We are all trying to manage our mental, finances, and safety through this pandemic and the last thing we need is companies taking advantage of consumers/customers. Lexus Do Better!!! I will no longer be your customer after my lease comes to term. Mercedes and BMW are looking a whole lot better to me right about now!!!

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: June 12, 2020

I'm very disappointed on how Lexus is handling the recall on my RX 2019. The Corporate Satisfaction Office is not trying to Financially help with a rebate... Currently they providing a $35 a day rental car to replace my RX 2019 until Lexus figure out the problem and find the resolutions. I brought a Lexus because of the quality.. Currently I have to settle to drive a Camy which has no navigation or cd player while paying for a Lexus car (750.00 Monthly; I have been calling the corporate office asking for some kind of restitution for the distress. I call several time and they told me "While we are giving you a car to drive" You cant compare Apples with Oranges. Help me with that car note that I have been paying but not driving. Its been over a months... To the finance department, please issue me a check for my carnote for my 2019 Lexus RX350 that I have not driven in over a month and now they are telling me the end of June... Not Fair...

Original review: June 11, 2020

I called to go over an extremely big problem with my account. Called waited on hold for 20 mins! System just disconnected. Called again. Waited 25 mins. Spoke to a representative, when she couldnt get me any results I asked for a manager. Waited 20 mins, representative came back on the line and gave me a number to scion to call for help with my issue. Called the number. Waited 20 more mins to be told they have nothing to do with my issue. Called back original customer care number. OFFICE is closed!! Do better Lexus!!!

Original review: May 30, 2020

Doesn’t matter to LFS how many cars you’ve leased or if you’ve paid on time every month. If you don’t double pay property taxes which they charge when you re-lease another car at the end of the prior lease. THEY DO THIS TO EVERY CUSTOMER WHETHER YOU NOTICE IT OR NOT. I’ve paid my property tax every year. But when I leased another car at the end of my present lease, they want me to pay the full property tax on the one I turned in and the full property tax on the new car I leased. So they want over $430 for property taxes!!! Their side of this ** is that Texas doesn’t pro-rate. I don’t care about Texas. I didn’t lease the car from Texas. That extra property tax is LFS cost of doing business. Why do they think that a customer should pay 2 property taxes to lease another car from them?

The only way to avoid their double taxation is to lease every car on January 1 of every year but they aren’t open on January 1 of ANY year! Plus they always send out renewal lease discounts at least 3 months prior to the end of your current lease. So they end up charging you 24 months of property taxes although you only had 1 car in your possession for the entire 12 months. You may not know you paid 2 property taxes in the year you leased another car from them because they've added it to your current lease and it may not show up under the new lease for sometimes 2 years after you’ve turned in the prior leased car. Beware these thieves (LFS) are ripping you off.

Currently they have reported me to TRANSWORLD FOR the 2015 Lexus PROPERTY TAX WHEN I LEASED MY CURRENT 2017 Lexus in 2017. Although I did pay my property tax on the 2017 Lexus for that years property tax. I PAID $229.34. I only had the 2017 Lexus for 4 months but paid property tax on it for 12 months. See they want 12 months of property tax on the 2015 Lexus I turned in after having it for 8 months. They want an additional $217 for the 2015 Lexus I turned in.

This is on top of the $445 LFS/TFS service fee the salesman added to my 2015 lease and nobody from Park Place Lexus to LFS/TFS can explain what the service fee is for. The sales person assistant told me they use to build in this double taxation in prior leases. I'm going to arbitration to find out if these thieves can legally screw their customers like they have been doing for years. Until then LFS has Transworld calling me everyday.

I’ll never do business again at Park Place Lexus or LFS again!! Both organizations are totally stupid to run off a customer over $217 but there you have it. After 5 cars and no late payments I’d say they’ve ** in their mess kit. Lexus financial is one hateful company. Get this- I have been dealing with the CEO’s executive’s office the entire time. The CEO is having Transworld to call me everyday!!!!

Original review: May 26, 2020

I recently sent a request to Lexus Financial for a negative credit rating to be removed from my credit report. My family have been loyal Lexus customers for the past 8 years with either a lease or purchase and have never missed a payment. During the initial COVID-19 situation in mid March I missed a payment but discovered it shortly after. I then paid the current month and next month online however I came to find out that there was a malfunction with payment online system and the payment never went through. I immediately sent the required payment and called customer service who waived the late fee. However Lexus Financial declined my written request not once but 3 times. They just lost a loyal family.

Original review: May 2, 2020

I've had my Lexus IS350 F-Sport for 2 out of the 3 years, my second Lexus lease by the way. And I wanted something new, I was interested in the Tesla Model 3 but they do not accept trade ins. So I needed to get out of my lease. I listed my car on Swapalease.com and have had about 6 interested buyers, every single time I called LFS and requested an Application I got a different answer, first they would email it to me, then I got a email saying they would mail it to me, month later I call back, they said they would get back to me. I emailed support 2-3 more times and they just told me to call the dealer, called local dealer 3 times, nobody there had ever heard of a "Lease Transfer"... Yea right. They tell me to call LFS back. I've requested it at least a half a dozen times now by both Phone and email and they REFUSE to issue me an application to get out of my lease. I'll never buy a Lexus again. Garbage company.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I have had numerous issues with the app and with my account payment, that were of no fault of my own. When I call to get help with these things, I am told they will create a ticket to have the problem solved, and then nothing. I have not been able to resolve a single issue through Lexus Financial. I love my car, but will never buy another Lexus because the customer service is basically nonexistent.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Lexus makes great cars. Unfortunately their LFS financial "services" is horrible. I recently decided to buy out my lease for an LX-570. I don't live near a dealer so I was told I could do this my calling LFS. There is no option on the LFS phone tree for someone who just wants to buy out a lease. You are told your information will be sent to a dealer who will help. So you just work your way through the phone tree to "other".

I was told to mail in a cashier's check along with a form they would send via email. I mailed in the check and two weeks later I received a title that was not signed and notarized by the Seller - as required in plain English on the title. A useless title. So I called LFS and they told me to send a form in for them to sign and notarize and I could then give the form to my county clerk. They gave me a fax number to send the form - which I then faxed to them.

Two weeks later I had not received the form back so I called. The person on the phone said they did receive the form but "did not know what to do with it". The person then said I should have sent the title back so they could sign and notarize it. The person said I could FedEx it to them and they would sign and notarize it and FedEx it back.

So I sent the title back via FedEx and waited a week with no title returned. I called to see what was going on. The person this time said they did receive my title but it takes them up to 10 business days to process. I told this person that I was told to FedEx to them and they would Fedex it back. The person seemed insulted that I said this and repeated it would take up to 10 business day. So I waited another three weeks and finally my title came in the US Mail, not FedEx. Don't lease a car through Lexus.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Our lease term was up on October 10, 2019 on our NX200T. In mid-September my husband called LFS to confirm all payments were current and to get instructions on how to turn in the vehicle. The LFS representative confirmed our contract was fully paid. He said our contract was up on October 10th and we had until October 20th, 2019 to turn the car in and to simply contact a local dealer for instructions. My husband called the local dealer twice to confirm and to find out how to check in the car. The dealer told us the same info (that we had until the 20th to bring the car in) and that the person who handles lease turn ins was available M – F, 9 am - 5 pm. When it came time to turn in the car we noticed that the 20th fell on a Sunday (we were out of town thru that Friday), a day that no one would be at the dealer to check in our car, so we brought the car in on Monday morning the 21st, the next logical business day.

LFS is now attempting to collect an entire extra month's lease payment because we brought the car in on Monday the 21st instead of Sunday the 20th (despite the fact that there was no one at the dealer on Sunday the 20th). We have attempted to get someone reasonable to discuss the situation, we have offered a compromise, to pay a prorated 1 day or 10 days and every rep we have spoken to simply says they are not authorized to do anything except collect the full extra lease payment. They call every single week with no one ever seeming to know the previous conversations we have had and, despite numerous phone calls, emails and actual letters via USPS, we have been waiting for almost 2 months for anyone in a higher level position to call or email to discuss a resolution.

We have owned 4 different Lexus cars over the years including this NX200T and believe our request is more than reasonable in light of the above circumstances. LFS representatives have been rude, condescending ("read your contract" one told us) and unhelpful. Supervisors are no different than the the people they supervise. For a supposed luxury brand this is the worst customer experience I have ever had in my lifetime for any product! If I could give them -5 stars I would. Final note, we just received a semi-form letter response with a stamped signature today, January 16, 2020, to a formal letter we wrote to the President of LFS on November 29, 2019. The letter is from customer service person (they couldn't even pretend it was from the president or have a simulated real signature) stating that they would not prorate any payment and that the full extra $408 is due and payable.

Not that I think Lexus cares but I have already, in 2 months influenced and steered 4 car purchases away from Lexus due to this experience -- we just bought an Audi and a Lincoln, my mother in-law was going to look at Lexus and instead went with Volvo and my sister's Lexus lease is up this month and she said she won't lease another one based on how we have been treated in this situation.

Ana **