Find a Car Loans partner

Lexus Financial Services

4.0/5 (136 ratings)
Find a Car Loans partner
Banner image

Refinance your auto loan today!

See if you can lower your rate with Auto Approve

Get a quote

About Lexus Financial Services

Banner image

Refinance your auto loan today!

See if you can lower your rate with Auto Approve

Get a quote

Lexus Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?

Original review: May 2, 2020

I've had my Lexus IS350 F-Sport for 2 out of the 3 years, my second Lexus lease by the way. And I wanted something new, I was interested in the Tesla Model 3 but they do not accept trade ins. So I needed to get out of my lease. I listed my car on Swapalease.com and have had about 6 interested buyers, every single time I called LFS and requested an Application I got a different answer, first they would email it to me, then I got a email saying they would mail it to me, month later I call back, they said they would get back to me. I emailed support 2-3 more times and they just told me to call the dealer, called local dealer 3 times, nobody there had ever heard of a "Lease Transfer"... Yea right. They tell me to call LFS back. I've requested it at least a half a dozen times now by both Phone and email and they REFUSE to issue me an application to get out of my lease. I'll never buy a Lexus again. Garbage company.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I have had numerous issues with the app and with my account payment, that were of no fault of my own. When I call to get help with these things, I am told they will create a ticket to have the problem solved, and then nothing. I have not been able to resolve a single issue through Lexus Financial. I love my car, but will never buy another Lexus because the customer service is basically nonexistent.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Lexus makes great cars. Unfortunately their LFS financial "services" is horrible. I recently decided to buy out my lease for an LX-570. I don't live near a dealer so I was told I could do this my calling LFS. There is no option on the LFS phone tree for someone who just wants to buy out a lease. You are told your information will be sent to a dealer who will help. So you just work your way through the phone tree to "other".

I was told to mail in a cashier's check along with a form they would send via email. I mailed in the check and two weeks later I received a title that was not signed and notarized by the Seller - as required in plain English on the title. A useless title. So I called LFS and they told me to send a form in for them to sign and notarize and I could then give the form to my county clerk. They gave me a fax number to send the form - which I then faxed to them.

Two weeks later I had not received the form back so I called. The person on the phone said they did receive the form but "did not know what to do with it". The person then said I should have sent the title back so they could sign and notarize it. The person said I could FedEx it to them and they would sign and notarize it and FedEx it back.

So I sent the title back via FedEx and waited a week with no title returned. I called to see what was going on. The person this time said they did receive my title but it takes them up to 10 business days to process. I told this person that I was told to FedEx to them and they would Fedex it back. The person seemed insulted that I said this and repeated it would take up to 10 business day. So I waited another three weeks and finally my title came in the US Mail, not FedEx. Don't lease a car through Lexus.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Our lease term was up on October 10, 2019 on our NX200T. In mid-September my husband called LFS to confirm all payments were current and to get instructions on how to turn in the vehicle. The LFS representative confirmed our contract was fully paid. He said our contract was up on October 10th and we had until October 20th, 2019 to turn the car in and to simply contact a local dealer for instructions. My husband called the local dealer twice to confirm and to find out how to check in the car. The dealer told us the same info (that we had until the 20th to bring the car in) and that the person who handles lease turn ins was available M – F, 9 am - 5 pm. When it came time to turn in the car we noticed that the 20th fell on a Sunday (we were out of town thru that Friday), a day that no one would be at the dealer to check in our car, so we brought the car in on Monday morning the 21st, the next logical business day.

LFS is now attempting to collect an entire extra month's lease payment because we brought the car in on Monday the 21st instead of Sunday the 20th (despite the fact that there was no one at the dealer on Sunday the 20th). We have attempted to get someone reasonable to discuss the situation, we have offered a compromise, to pay a prorated 1 day or 10 days and every rep we have spoken to simply says they are not authorized to do anything except collect the full extra lease payment. They call every single week with no one ever seeming to know the previous conversations we have had and, despite numerous phone calls, emails and actual letters via USPS, we have been waiting for almost 2 months for anyone in a higher level position to call or email to discuss a resolution.

We have owned 4 different Lexus cars over the years including this NX200T and believe our request is more than reasonable in light of the above circumstances. LFS representatives have been rude, condescending ("read your contract" one told us) and unhelpful. Supervisors are no different than the the people they supervise. For a supposed luxury brand this is the worst customer experience I have ever had in my lifetime for any product! If I could give them -5 stars I would. Final note, we just received a semi-form letter response with a stamped signature today, January 16, 2020, to a formal letter we wrote to the President of LFS on November 29, 2019. The letter is from customer service person (they couldn't even pretend it was from the president or have a simulated real signature) stating that they would not prorate any payment and that the full extra $408 is due and payable.

Not that I think Lexus cares but I have already, in 2 months influenced and steered 4 car purchases away from Lexus due to this experience -- we just bought an Audi and a Lincoln, my mother in-law was going to look at Lexus and instead went with Volvo and my sister's Lexus lease is up this month and she said she won't lease another one based on how we have been treated in this situation.

Ana **

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I had a previous Lexus lease through LFS in which I was paying off the balance on my mileage overage. I set up an automatic monthly payment to pay this off. In November of 2019, I called LFS to see how much was remaining on my balance, so I could pay of the remaining amount. I learned through this call that my account had been satisfied, paid in full and closed as of September. Not only was I never notified that it was paid off, but LFS continued to collect 4 payments worth of over payments from me (I was paying $75 twice monthly).

After months of trying to get my money refunded to me - having to submit evidence via back statements, copies of checks and notarized documents, and waiting for all this to be reviewed by several different departments - I called yesterday to find out through the customer service rep I spoke too that the money I was due in a refund was applied to my current lease with LFS back in September and October. Not a single person I spoke to over the last 3 months was able to tell me that. LFS wasted my time and effort asking me for evidence for a refund I was never going to receive because it was already applied to my current lease. Meanwhile, with them applying this money to my current lease, I was now overpaying there. I will never, ever - ever - lease with LFS again.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I leased a vehicle from Lindsay Lexus through Lexus Financial Services back in 2015. After three and half years of use, I decided to return the vehicle as I wanted an upgrade. Before making the arrangement when to give in the vehicle, I called Lexus Financial to understand my liabilities. They confirmed I'd have to return the vehicle anytime before the next payment cycle which happened to be the 5th of the month. So, having gotten the confirmation from them, I made arrangements to return the car on April 4th, 2019. By that time, I'd already paid my March payment which would have made it okay for me to drive the car until the 5th of April.

But the incompetent Lexus Financial Services folks sent me a closing invoice for wear and tear and excess mileage which I was expecting but also $523 for the month of April. I immediately got ahold of someone at LFS and explained I shouldn't pay for the month I have not used the car. The representative I spoke to understood and said that they would send me a new bill. I never got a bill from LFS and today (November) I got a letter from a collection agency for the exact amount they billed me in April. First, I find it aggravating that they sent my account to collections without attempting—even once—with a corrected invoice themselves. Secondly, Why wasn't the bill corrected? Thirdly, the radius collection agency they use probably have high school dropouts who don't even understand simple dispute that I don't owe the lease portion of the bill.

I had no option but to call back LFS who, apparently, blamed me for not following up on the bill. With countless bills flying everywhere, I don't see how I'm supposed to call every vendor to remind them to send me a bill (had that been the expectation). The people who get to office to work and make sure their company collects money by following up and making corrections where need be are unfortunately expecting the customer to follow up. Unbelievable! Why not get rid of all the employees and have the customers do everything then? Incompetent is an understatement!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Started a lease transfer on 10/19 after brother in law passed away... It's now 11/15 and not even through the credit process yet! They made a mistake which cost us valuable time, sending unnecessary information back & forth through snail mail (I paid to have it expedited) and everything seems to move in 3-5-7 business day increments, so time keeps ticking while they take their sweet time and my sister pays for a car and insurance that she isn’t using and simply can’t afford. Shameful!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I recently turned my Lexus ES350 in early due to going over my lease miles and not wanting to continue accumulating excess miles. I turned it in August 2019 and it wasn't due until May 2020. The other car company that I went with paid the remaining 9 month lease payments. On the day that I turned it in everything was fine. But then I start getting phone calls stating that I owe $2500 for wear and tear, broken windshield and taxes.

Now I know I had to cover the excess miles but these other charges and taxes were never disclosed or discussed. Also, it's very interesting that I still haven't received anything in the mail on paper about these charges and I have asked several times. I called today to make the final payment and I asked if they would mail me a receipt and I was told by the young lady on the phone, that the payment has to be on file for 30 days. She never stated that after the 30 days if they were going to send a receipt out or not. Lexus has truly lost a valuable customer.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

LFS is a shell of the reputation for customer service the brand portrays in their marketing and dealerships. I’m on my fourth lease through Lexus Financial. After turning in my 3rd vehicle, I bought a new home and had a change of address as a result. Several months after turning in my 3rd Lexus to the dealership, I got a call from a # claiming LFS had sold my delinquent debt to them for unpaid lease-end mileage charges. This debt collector was incredibly aggressive & rude like I’d committed some sort of crime. I thought it was a prank call, as no one from LFS ever called me directly or emailed regarding lease-end charges. When I called LFS to ask about the call, they told me they have “no visibility” but the call is legitimate.

Apparently, LFS has send a statement for lease-end fees to my old address. I was still a customer of theirs making payments on my new lease. I never got the statement and never once received an email or voicemail message letting me know I had unpaid charges. It had to get to the point of being sent as a bad debt to a 3rd party before I even found out. LFS acted like they couldn’t have cared less. With technology today, LFS needs to take ownership of trying to reach folks via email and leave voice messages when they have a bill versus relying on paper mail. The entire experience made me feel nickled & dimed with zero value as a repeat customer. This is NOT #customerobsession. Sad because the product is good, but you have to treat people right & make things right for your loyal customers and LFA has proven they will not do that.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

At the expiration of my 3-yr lease for a Lexus is-300, I returned the car with 8,500 miles. I returned it at the dealers's location, as I was advised, thinking that a visual inspection would be performed in my presence. the individual who took over the car told me "your car is like brand new, etc., etc.".. And I thought that was the end of it. He also told me I will get a bill later for $374.50 -the fee for not renewing the lease (also a rip-off, but I was told about it at the beginning). After 3- 4 weeks, I received an invoice for $816 - 374.50 penalty for not renewing the lease and $442 for "excess wear."

1) How can a car with 8500 miles on it have excess wear?

2 ) When I called the finance co.- leasing services - they were adamant in their position that the car had several bumps and a scratch on the front bumper. They inspect the car after you leave it - not in your presence; therefore, there is no arguing. Mind you - I was told at the beginning of the lease that for normal wear there would be no charges.

3) Their profit on the resale of a lexus with 8500 miles is enormous. It was just logical to compensate whatever work they had to do to bring it in tip-top condition from the substantial gain they make on the sale. Instead, their greed and daring make them pass the cost of the work for putting the car back on the market on the consumer.

I am in the process of discussing the matter with an attorney. I advise all those being ripped-off like me to seek legal advice. It's not the amount only, it's the dishonesty of it all. Unparalleled charlatans!

Lexus Financial Services Company Information