Compare Auto Loan Rates

Compare Auto Loan Rates

Apply Today and Save - Lower Your Rates

Compare Rates

83 Lexus Financial Services Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Buyer beware! Do not lease a Lexus. There is nothing that you can do to appease these people. I took immaculate care of my lease I asked to 50 and brought it back virtually spotless. I received a $350 bill for unusual wear and tear on a vehicle. They refused to point out what wear and tear that was. They did not mention that I was almost 15,000 miles under my allotted mileage.

When I lease of the vehicle the salesman and the finance manager said "just bring the vehicle back and drop it off and we will handle everything." The hair on the back of my neck started to use stand up when about three months before my lease was over a salesman from the dealership where I are used the car started talking about waving "disposition fees". I asked them about it and they said, "you know just the normal fees when you bring the car back". So, I went and put a new set of tires on the car. That wasn't enough apparently as I just received a letter wanting $350 plus tax and "fees". Apparently everyone needs to get scammed at least once by leasing a vehicle, at least that's the way that Lexus apparently sees it.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I have had the worst experience with Lexus Financial Services. We started the process back in Oct to take over a lease and it's now 12/31 and I do not have the car. I have had to make multiple phone calls and each time I call they give me another line about another 7-10 business days for the next step. I was sent a letter dated 12/18 saying the lease was now in my name and my first payment is due 1/1/19, but it is now 12/31 and I have not yet received the title and registration from Lexus. So I can't get plates, and can't take possession of the car, but I am expected to make a payment on 1/1??? Really???

I called again today and now they are telling me that the registration is still being processed. Again, really? What is the point of the lease transfer effective 12/18 if they don't have the ability to get me the registration at the same time or soon after so I can actually get the car and drive it? They had no good answers and blamed Christmas and now say they can FedEx something to me to receive by the end of the week. Bottom line, I hate Lexus and think they have done a terrible job. Other friends who have transferred leases have said it was so easy. 3 months in unacceptable and I will never lease from Lexus again.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

When I leased car, Financial dealer mentioned Tier 1 credit to get better rate and promised to refund immediately after auto lease termination. More than 3 times called to Lexus Financial against this deposit money back. Manager promised to rush and take two week. Passed another month. Now it is more than 3 month and becoming 4 month since lease termination. Englewood Lexus dealer doesn’t care on this. There was no problem in my car as I heard from Lexus. I have had full coverage plan on bumper to bumper and tires etc. I didn’t hear any problem since returned. There is no reason to hold my deposit. It is over $5000.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

If I could give them zero, I would have. Worst company I have dealt with. I returned my lease after three years and the inspector guy wrote down that I only returned one key. I took both keys with the car and returned it to the Van Nuys, CA dealership who provided me with the mileage form and wrote in their book that I returned the two keys with the car. The guy said they don't give any other forms. Now Financial is charging me $350 for the "missing" key that I returned. Now finance puts it on the dealer and dealership puts it on finance. Very professional of them.

I've been calling them for the past three weeks and faxing over any papers that I have and they will not accept it. They want a letter from the dealer. I called and went to the dealership who will not provide me with a letter and stated that, "The mileage form should be enough and that finance can see on their end that you returned the two keys with the car." No one is being helpful at this point and they are putting it on each other and charging me for a key that I returned ($350). Horrible and I will never ever get a Lexus because of this reason.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I am an engineer and my wife is a physician who works in the operating room. Our profession requires us to be efficient. My lease transfer experience was the most inefficient and poorly coordinated process I have dealt with - truthfully, I feel like I've been lied to during this entire process. From initiation to credit application approval, it took about 30 days - this is with providing Lexus with my FedEx account and using 2 day shipping.

What boggles my mind is that Lexus Financial Services will give you different status updates depending who you talk to within the same hour. Here's an example: I called to check the status of our 2nd round of paperwork. Anthony (LFS employee) stated that there was no update to whether LFS has received my paperwork. I updated the third party seller, to which he said he contacted LFS earlier that morning and was advised to resubmit paperwork via fax. I had my wife call about 10 mins after and LFS again gives a different story. This to me is either laziness or flat out lying to a customer.

LFS requested in their package a "binder" OR "proof of insurance" for the 2nd round of paperwork. We sent "proof of insurance" after confirming with a local Lexus Dealer who had an LFS employee because this was the weekend. The keyword in the package was "OR". However, LFS requested our third party to submit, via fax, an insurance binder with the Lien Holder and Address...

Here's the problem, the address that's printed on the paperwork and the address the LFS employee gave us were different. The third party went ahead and submitted his insurance binder with both addresses - and called LFS to confirm they've received and reviewed the document... LFS responded with, "you need to give us 72 hours to review the paperwork". My wife called back the next morning and LFS initially stated that they didn't receive the paperwork - my wife called them out on the lie and stated we spoke to someone the day before, and this employee corrected their story. It's been a full 5 business days since we submitted our 200 dollar lease transfer money order and documents - still waiting to hear back. The worst part? You won't know if there is error in your paperwork unless you're calling every hour hoping one of the LFS employees will give you an honest answer.

Finally, from the start (mid-September), I advised LFS that my wife's due date is coming up and that we would like to have this lease transfer taken care of before our due date. Well, here I am 4 days before my wife is due writing this review because I still don't know if LFS has completed our paperwork or if we need to resubmit paperwork.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I paid almost 2 years and not a single late payment. Forgot 1 month and they report me to a credit agency, damaging my credit score. I paid both months as soon as I noticed and called them. Their answer was ridiculous. Well, I will never buy another Lexus and don't recommend anybody to do it!!! Why not give a call to the customer and politely remind him or her? Is this ask too much?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I had 3 years lease contract with Lexus Woodland Hills CA. I set up online recurring payment per contract. I checked the payment history first two months or so then never checked back since I set up automatic recurring payment every month. I went online to check the maturity date after 2 years and there was payment past due rolling over because the price went up for no reason! If the monthly payment is stated on the contract, why is price going up in the middle of contract? And no one from Lexus Financial called me regarding on this issue ever!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Terrible customer service. A change of address (11 months after the end of the lease) should not end in being hounded by debt collectors two years after I turned in the car. No one will even speak to me to allow me at LFS to voice my concerns about their issues. Way to treat a customer who consistently made payments on time for the entirety of lease. I will never use this company again.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

What would Lexus Financial Services to do if you are on medical disability, lost your job, and were hacked? They would fine you, ruin your credit, and not take responsibility for providing mis-direction when setting up your payment accounts. I was in a serious car accident (in my Lexus), and because I knew I would have trouble closely monitoring my accounts the way I normally do, I reached out to Lexus Financial Services to help me set up a recurring payment account for my new car.

The payments did not go through because they were not set up correctly. Just ONE month was missed, and Lexus nailed my credit after just 30 days. And, I was not notified until 60 days later. Please keep in mind that I tried to make payments, not suspend them during this difficult time; and I paid the balance immediately, even paying a month ahead, just in case. Considering my circumstances, I figured this would be a simple fix. NO. After multiple appeals, Lexus Financial Services kept to its mantra that it has a policy to report any missed payment after 30 days; and that there is a statement on the website that discusses recurring payments. THAT'S IT. TOO BAD.

WHAT?! So Lexus does not care that they gave me faulty instructions; that I paid the balance immediately; that I had a stellar Lexus account beforehand; that I was given no time to rectify anything; that I have health issues; that I have extenuating circumstances; that in good faith I did everything to make sure they received their payments; that one supervisor actually LECTURED me about monitoring my accounts better, and another who virtually LIED to me about needing to submit certain documentation. LEXUS DOES NOT CARE! Stay clear and spread the word. #lexusdoesntcare, #neverlexus, #corporatebullies

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I feel like I am dealing with a snail here. I am currently working on a lease transfer and was told it can take up to 60 days. That sounds ridiculous but fine. It is their process. We submit docs they required and was told it can take 3 to 5 business or even 5 to 7 business days. Fine, whatever. It happens it is 7 business days at most. It has been 8 business days. Not to mention that this step was for credit application. This shouldn't take more than 8 business days to say yes or no. This is a painful process I am dealing with. I hope someone from this department calls me and justify what is going on. Never and never dealing with Lexus ever again.

Lexus Financial Services Company Information