Find a Car Dealerships partner

Fort Wayne, IN

1.0/5 (41 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Bob Rohrman Auto Group

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Bob Rohrman Auto Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob Rohrman Auto Group?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob Rohrman Auto?

Original review: May 20, 2021

The only reason I will give 1 star is because Nic was fantastic. This is a long post... I purchased a sight-unseen 2021 Telluride from them on 3/26. Instead of them having me put down a deposit on an incoming vehicle they had me go through the whole lending process to purchase a vehicle I had never seen in person. I had faith because Nic was so sweet and nice about everything. I know, that is my fault there. He did advise me that it was going to be the Ebony colored Telluride and that it would be here the following week. Well the week went by and I didn't hear anything all day.

I got off of work and I had to call them to figure out what was going on. I was advised that there was a delay and that it would be here the following week. No communication during the week at all either. Fine, I waited. The next week rolls around and there is a lot more communication with Nic about the status of the car, but it is still not there and there is NO ETA on when it will arrive.

Something about it being stuck at the HUB in Chicago, they're working on it or whatever. So I waited again. Finally 3 weeks after I purchased the car it comes in--- it's the wrong color. It's Black Copper and not the Ebony. I purchased Ebony - Nic's manager says we can cancel the deal but really I have gone through the whole lending process so I decided not to. Also, when we were in the lending office the lender printed out the WRONG title and paperwork for us and we were able to catch that he was having us sign for the COMPLETELY incorrect car, for a Sorento not a Telluride that we were purchasing.

When I purchased the Telluride on 3/26 I was unsure about GAP coverage as my fiance thought our insurance company offered some sort of coverage, so we got ahold of our insurance to make sure. Ray ** - our lending officer - said that was fine that we could email him our response if we want GAP. I emailed him on 3/31 to advise him that I wanted GAP coverage on my vehicle. When I finally got in touch with my salesman about the issue during the whole issue with not getting the car in yet he stated that he would have Ray reach out to me.

Ray did reach out to me on 4/12 but advised me that it was too late to add it at the time I had emailed as the lending was closed and our lender wouldn't add additional products. I was mad. I asked Ray a few days later when they were going to send the pay off check for the car that we used for trade-in and he advised me that our loan was funded "on 4/10/2021. Normally the process is that once your loan funds then our payoff dept automatically send out your pay off check". This means that when I emailed him on 3/31 he could have added GAP coverage as the loan was not finalized until 4/10 per his email he sent me.

So he dropped the ball on getting the product added and I'm the one paying for it. I filed a complaint with the BBB and Mark ** was the person who responded back to me and stated that they would add GAP coverage - not sure how they planned on doing it because the lender would not add it.. but I agreed and let them handle it. It is now a month later, a lot of emails later to Mark, and absolutely no resolution. I am beyond mad about this whole situation they have put me in. I have filed another complaint with the BBB and will continue to post this any and everywhere I can to make people aware that their lending department is bull-crap and their communication with customers is nonexistent.

Original review: March 22, 2021

My husband made an offer and put down a deposit on a used car at the Gurnee Rohrman Auto Group. He sold two classic cars in order to pay cash for the car. They sold the car to someone else!!! They said the other person offered above their asking price and financed with them.

Get buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

A 2009 VW Jetta was recently posted for sale on your website. We saw the vehicle online and instantly contacted Bob Rohrman via web inquiry to show our interest and ask if we could take a look at it; the vehicle was going to be for our son and it was going to be his first car. Randy ** replied throughout the weekend and we went to look at the car on the following Monday. When we arrived, we instantly noticed that the listing was incorrect because it stated that the car was a different color on the interior as well as the exterior (1st problem). The car had a constant annoying squeal in the engine (belt/pulleys issue) and the windshield was cracked (2nd problem). We were told that they just got the car in on trade and hadn’t inspected it yet (but it was already listed on their website?) (3rd problem).

Randy was very evasive and not easy to work with throughout the whole process, almost like he didn’t know what he was doing. I informed him that we were interested in the car, but that we wanted it to go through their inspection process first; this car was going to be a first-car. Randy never seemed to think that this inspection process was necessary, as the car was being sold “as-is”. Frankly, the car should have never been listed on your website before you inspected it because you didn’t know if it was a good/safe car to sell.

We asked your service manager, Bob or Bruce, what was going to be inspected and he gave us a pre-certified list of items that get checked on Subaru vehicles. I asked if they were going to do all of those things and I was quickly informed that only ½ of those things would be checked. I could never get a full answer as to what was going to be inspected. We were told that the windshield crack happened between the time they took it in on trade and that was going to be fixed at no charge. We put down a deposit because Randy said there was a lot of interest in the car. We had it stipulated that if the inspection found any issues, we would get a full refund.

The supposed inspection was done and the only thing was that a pulley kit w/ belt needed to be installed and they wanted to charge me $700. After much haggling, we agreed to “share” the repair costs because they had never done an inspection and was trying to sell it that way without going through their intake process. The repairs took over a week to occur because of wrong part sizes and we purchased the car last night.

We learned from the local VW dealer that the car had two outstanding recalls and we wanted them to be taken care of before giving the car to our son so we scheduled it for today. So, we bought the car and took it directly to the VW dealer. Mind you, you guys inspected this car and it was “safe” to drive as this is what your inspection process does; it certifies vehicle safety as that was what we were told.

VW contacted us this morning, and this is ALL that is wrong with the care at this point:

Rear shocks: both rear shocks are leaking

Ball joints: Left front ball joint boot is split. Right front ball joint boot is ripped.

Sway bars: left front sway bar link boot is split. Right front sway bar boots both are ripped.

Engine oil leak: Vacuum pump leaking. **Possible valve cover seal leak.

I would NOT recommend Randy ** OR Bob Rohrman Subaru, especially their service department. I trusted you and I will NEVER do it again. You will NEVER get my business again and my friends should never use you either.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I purchased tires from Bob Rohrman Gurnee Hyundai in December 2016 for my mom's 2013 Elantra. The new tires had a 50k mile warranty. Today (8/12/2020) the Elantra was serviced and the dealer stated the tires needed replacing. After inquiring on the tire warranty, a service person (Pete) stated the manufacturer warranty is 50k miles but the dealer warranty is 3 years/36k miles. Note, only 31k miles have passed since purchasing the tires.

I asked how the dealer warranty could be less than the manufacturer warranty if the dealer sold tires under the pretense of the manufacturer's warranty. The service person (Pete) then changed his story from Gurnee Hyundai's warranty being for 3 years/36 months to tires were not rotated every 6 months,. Pete stated tires were only rotated twice since they were purchased. This is quite surprising because the vehicle is brought in every 6 months since it has low mileage for a 2013 Elantra.

My mom services the vehicle faithfully and requests the dealer perform necessary services. Seeing that my mom is older, the dealer should be responsible to provide needed services per the maintenance schedule, including tire rotations, since they are extremely quick to recommend services in excess of $129. For each service the dealer recommends something that doesn't need to be done yet but in another 5k - 10k miles. I've had several Hyundai vehicles but this dealer seems to be dishonest and a rip-off. I will not take my vehicles to them again. They seem to have turned over all of their servicing staff, which is unfortunate. I do not trust this dealer or the people who work there. At a minimum, the dealer should have offered tires for 20k miles to fulfill the warranty, but they did not! I will recommend others not visit this dealer for purchases or services. Terrible service!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

This place is a joke. I sold my 2017 Challenger for a car for my son. I was looking at a 2017 Passat and they wouldn't make deal because it was just put on their lot. I test drove and loved it. They pushed a 2015 Passat on me instead. Looked like the same car so I said sure. I walked out to car and checked it out. Looked good. So I got it. Well car had a tire pressure light on and they couldn't fix. They told me to take to Volkswagen dealer in Gurnee. I drove off the lot and the underneath was making a bang noise. A week goes by and I finally get into the shop. They tightened a ball joint allegedly and front end was now out of alignment. They refuse to call me back or give me parts to fix. Ricky ** (General Manager), Kevin ** (Meat Head), Chris ** are all jokes. They are unprofessional and don't care about the cars they sale. They sale crap cars and don't email anyone back. Pathetic. I do not recommend buying anything from these guys.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

I purchased a used Ford from Indy Honda 5/24/2019. I had trouble with it and returned it to the dealership on 6/3/2019. The used car manager said not to worry. He would fix it. He said, "If these guys can't fix it, we'll have Ford fix it." The saleswoman said "we don't sell junk. We'll make it right." 8 months later, I still have no car. They have decided at least 3 modules were faulty. It still doesn't work. They want to use a flow chart to determine what is wrong. General Manager David ** has refused to refund my money. He became very hostile while I was trying to get my money back. Bob Rorhman, where are you?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I bought Honda Pilot from Rohrman Auto Group back in mid Novemeber. Everything went fine on the day of buying the car but since I was from out of state I had to do the car registration on my own. I was told within 7-10 days I would receive all the paperwork in mail to take care of that however it has been more than 1.5 months and I have not received anything from the dealership. The temporary license plate they provided has also expired and they are not willing to renew it. I called the dealership for almost 2 weeks every day before they told me that they have damaged the title and have requested a new title from the state of Illinois.

They also said it usually takes 2 weeks for that to come. It has been 3 weeks since then and they still don't have the title. All my happiness for my new car has been completly ruined by the dealership. I would highly recommend to avoid this dealership since they are big cheats. No matter how many times you call the dealership you cannot get hold of anyone. It is extemely frustrating for me as I am out of state so I can't even go to the dealership. At this point I'm totaly out of ideas to help myself.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Bought a new 2019 Honda Pilot Touring over the summer. The salesman told us there is one complimentary oil change for the first oil change. When we called five months later for a complimentary oil change, the other manager said because it was not in writing, the General Manager will not honor. When I asked where the salesman is, I was told he left for another Honda dealer. For a $40 oil change, they just lost a lifetime Honda owner. I will not go to Bob Rohrman Honda ever. There are other Honda dealers nearby.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

They are just trash. I don't even need to write a whole story. My mom grew up with Bob son up in Lafayette Indiana so she suggested Bob Rohrman to me when I was looking for a used car. Long story short the car they sold me for 2500 (Hyundai Elantra) broke after my very first long highway drive. It was completely totaled as the transmission blew up pretty much. It didn't even last me 6 months. When I called to tell them the situation (not to get anything fixed because I didn't have any warranty but just to let them know that they sold me a junk car) their response was "Well when you bought it you should have known that it wasn't a good car."

They were dead serious. Told me I bought a junk car, but bought the car from them? So they literally just admitted they sold me a POS. Service = trash. Customer service = trash. Everything BOB ROHRMAN = TRASHHHH. All the reviews speak for themselves, pretty sure 90% are ALL one star. They obviously don't even care. Just a bunch of scammers running around scamming people.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

The service department is horrendous; uncompassionate, unaccommodating, dysfunctional and rude. Our 2015 Rogue broke down on the 80/90 expressway, 1 and ½ hours from home. Since we have the Gold Preferred extended protection plan, we called them up and arranged for a tow to the nearest Nissan dealer. The nearest dealer happened to be Bob Rohrman so we called them up to let them know that we were coming their way and that we would need a loaner/rental arranged (also included in the plan). Previous service appointments with our local dealer (Gerald Nissan) always went smoothly in this regard. We thought the worst was over at that point; boy were we wrong.

We (me, my wife and 2 kids) arrive at the dealership (after sitting on the side of the expressway for 1 hour in 100+ degree heat) and were approached by two service reps. We tell the same situation to both; the transmission failed and, while we were slowly rolling to a stop, the AC also stopped working (limp mode perhaps?). We also explain that we are in need of a loaner/rental as we do not live in the area and were on our way to visit family in Ohio. We were told that, since they were a smaller dealership, they don’t have loaners and that it would just be easier and quicker if we arranged the rental ourselves. (Note: the dealership is the same size as Gerald Nissan and is surrounded by other major dealers.)

We were given the # for Enterprise across and told to call them. Okay. So we call, find out they only have one car available; a mint green Ford Fiesta. And, seeing that it is their last car, the rate is $60 a day. Having no other options, we reluctantly rent the Jordan almond and head on our way to our final destination. It’s worth noting that Enterprise questioned why the dealership was not arranging the rental, seeing that would have resulted in a lower rate billed directly to them and not to me. Interesting.

Several days pass with no word from them. My wife calls to follow up. Only then does she learn that they have diagnosed the issue and are ready to start repairs. The next day, I receive a call that the car is ready. Great. I jump in the Jordan almond and head out on my 1 and ½ hour journey from the Western suburbs of Chicago to the dealership in NW IN. I return the rental. They drive me over to the dealership. I pay my deductible and head to my car. I open the door and notice that all of the drinks that were left behind (remember we were on a road trip that was unexpectedly interrupted) are still sitting in the cup holders. This includes an iced coffee, now melted and putrid from sitting there for a week in 90+ degree weather (imagine the smell). They did not even attempt to clean or vacuum the car, much less throw away any obvious trash.

I walk back inside and give the trash to the rep and head back to the car. I turn it on, crank up the AC and start putting things in their place (garage door opener, IPASS, etc). That’s when I notice that the AC is not working. I call the rep over to show him. He then proceeds to essentially blow me off, knowing that I am not from the area and that there is no way that I am going to rent another car as I wait for them to diagnose something that should have been fixed to begin with. It is obvious that they did not test drive the car after the repairs. If they had, they would have noticed that the AC was not working. Looking at the write-up, they failed to note the issue with the AC, even though we told them twice; when we first called and when we arrived via the tow truck. Either way, it should have at least been questioned by the tech.

The car now sits with Gerald Nissan who is in the process of fixing it completely. I will more than likely have to pay another deductible for something that should have already been fixed, but at least I have a loaner this time around, as I should have all along. Tldr; If you have the choice, DO NOT GET YOUR CAR SERVICED HERE.

Bob Rohrman Auto Group Company Information