Find a Car Dealerships partner

Fort Wayne, IN

1.0/5 (41 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Bob Rohrman Auto Group

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Bob Rohrman Auto Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob Rohrman Auto Group?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob Rohrman Auto?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Dec 2018 my son sold 2 vehicles to the dealership, essentially, one to pay off the other. They took one, advised him NOT to contact DMV for release of liability, and to STOP making payments on the other. He ended up having to make more payments because they did not follow thru on their agreement. Whenever he would call they claimed they did not know who he was or remember his vehicles. He totally lost out.

Attorneys in the area are familiar with Bob Rohrman Auto Group and said things like, "This are common practice, but they do it in a way that makes the loss not substantial enough for litigation and BRAG dealerships typically issue hand-written notes as agreements, only when you demand a contract, which are difficult to litigate." CONSUMER FRAUD, BREACH OF CONTRACT, and several other legitimate complaints. Their business is NOT cars. It is SCAMMING people. They play dumb but they know exactly what they are doing. Crooked as they come.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

If I could give "0" stars, I would. We will never again consider any Bob Rohrman dealership for service or purchase. My Lexus RX330 was towed to B.R. Toyota on 11/19, for diagnosis and service on 11/24. I called on Dec 5th to inquire, as we'd received no communication. I called again on the 6th, since my call was not returned. The tech could never accurately diagnose the issue with the car, and told us, “he’s really scratching his head about it!”

I drove by two weeks later, and my car was sitting out on the lot, not in a bay being looked at. When they decided to start playing their guessing game, the tech removed the coils to replace the spark plugs, and replaced them WITHOUT checking them first. When the new spark plugs did not remedy the problem, they wanted to charge us labor to remove the aforementioned coils and check them. They replaced a timing belt that did not need it, and wanted to continue charging us for labor, while they fiddled around and blindly stabbed at what *might* be the issue. In total, the service manager, Jenny, quoted us over $3k in parts and labor, with no guarantee that the problem would be fixed! On 12/19, we had the car towed away from Bob Rohrman Toyota, after paying $1002.04, and still have a vehicle that is useless. We will never use them for service again, nor buy a vehicle from them. We’ll be sure to warn everyone we can.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

We purchased a 2018 Kia Sedona SX from Bob Rohrman Schaumburg Kia on December 8, 2018 and the Sedona we bought did not have remote start. The salesperson and another associate told us they would have it installed for us at no cost. When I went today to find out when it would be installed the salesperson said he had to talk to his supervisor about it. He did not contact me all day and I saw him at 10 am this morning.

At 4:30 I stopped at the store to find out what was happening and the other associate told me they couldn’t install the remote start at no cost. They lied to my wife and I to get the sale and I do not know what our recourse is? But this is something potential customers should be aware of especially since we are repeat customers that had a problem with the first purchase we had at this same dealership. That time they forgot to make the payoff on our trade-in and it almost hurt our excellent credit rating if we hadn’t checked into it ourselves.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Took my car in for a recent $30 oil change. Order taker came back and said it needed $1200 in work. I said he was crazy with a few swear words included. Once went for an oil change and the order taker said it was leaking oil from something regarding the transmission. Huh? Never leaked a drop on my garage floor. Said not to worry, every dime covered by my extended insurance. Had to take it back four times to fix the leak that started AFTER they fixed it. Didn't cost me anything but am sure it was an insurance scam. They bill the insurance and kept billing the insurance and billing the insurance. The gravy money is in service, not the actual car sale and they really exploit it. Could go into the Honda I bought that was defective but won't on the Nissan site. They are 100% crooks.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I had to have the rear differential replaced on my 2014 MKC. I have had many cars in my life and have never had a problem with the rear differential. The service manager told me it was because I did not have the fluid changed! Huh? In all the years I have owned cars I have never had to have the differential fluid changed - why this car. My car was leaking fluid, so I needed to replace the part. The part is not inexpensive and I had to pay for the part upfront before they would order it. I get that, what if I went to another mechanic after finding out this needed to be done and they had part ordered for me that I didn't use.

I never received a call that the part arrived. I had to call them. I had made arrangements for the car to be serviced while I was away on a business trip - five days. They never called to say the car was ready - I had to call them from my trip and ask - they stated it would be ready the next day and I could pick it up when I returned home but they would call me. No, didn't call me, and when they opened the morning after I returned home, they stated the car was not ready - what do you mean it isn't ready - this job should have taken a day. And the answer was lame and the service manager was making it up as he went along.

For what should have taken a day, it took five days to replace this part. When the bill came I was billed for the part again (after paying for it before it was ordered). The cashier said "Oh they must have had to order another one". Huh?! What?! Why?! Something is not right with this story. My suspicion is that the part they ordered was defective, or the technician broke it. Things happen, but someone, anyone should have called me to explain.

The bill was straightened out, because I would not pay for the part again, but no one, and I mean no one, the service manager, the sales manager, nor the cashier was very concerned with a very angry customer. This must happen often at this shop - I noticed that the dealership was empty of customers, the service garage only had one other car in it other than mine - maybe the public is catching on - don't do business with the people, you will get the runaround, and they are not honest nor customer oriented. The next time I want to purchase a car I will not consider them or a Lincoln - I work too hard for my money and I want to spend it with those who can take care of their customers.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

If you want to be ripped off, go to Arlington Heights Nissan. I want to warn all those in the market for a new car that the GM, Rich **, and Finance Manager, Mike **, will add on insurances and oil changes and warranties that are unnecessary to increase the bottom line. My sister-in-law is a senior citizen and English is not her first language. They took advantage of her and increased her monthly payments using deceptive practices. After visiting their showroom they refused to take off all the add ons. My next call will be to Nissan corporate and to Bob Rohrman's office to file a complaint.

Original review: June 14, 2018

On 6/7/2018 I met with the service manager of Bob Rohrman regarding getting a Rear Assist Camera replaced under my extended warranty from CarMax. I was told that we don't have to wait on hold to talk to the warranty company MaxCare. We asked to talk to the Service Manager, Mark about the attitude of his Service Advisor, Jason **. We then spoke with Richard, the Dealership Manager. They tell me a claim has been made with the warranty company, and they will call me when the part comes in. I haven't received a call back yet, and I don't believe they have even ordered the replacement camera. I call the dealership and all I receive are hang ups, and "We can't place you on hold because we don't know how long these people will be tied up". This is a poor way of doing business.

Updated on 06/30/2018: After dealing with these people at Woodfield Ford, I wouldn't even send my worst enemy to these guys. After an ordeal of non-returned phone calls over a 3 week period. I called the Parts Department of Woodfield Ford and found out there was no order placed for my rear assist camera. The Manager of the dealership, Richard, never even returned my phone calls, so I cancelled my business with these guys. I took my vehicle to CarMax and these amazing people got my vehicle repaired in 3 days. After CarMax returned my repaired vehicle to me, Bob Rohrman - Woodfield Ford called to tell me the camera came in. They couldn't even cancel my service request, and had better not have charged against my vehicle warranty.

Original review: April 11, 2018

My daughter purchased a car from Mason in Lafayette and the experience has been terrible. She bought a 2014 and was assured that nothing was wrong with the car. He even told her he had the service department look it over since she was young and just starting out. She just thought this was a kind gesture and he was trying to help her. She purchased the car then he fell off the face of the earth. There was no responses from any messages then come to find out the crankshaft is broken. So she calls him upset and he tells her it's not his problem and to not come back. I expected a lot more from this dealership. I would hope that Mr. Rohrman would make this right in one way or another. We have used Rohrman Auto Group for years and we have recommended others use it because the service was great. Although, I will not use them or recommend them to anyone else unless this problem is addressed.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I strongly feel that I have been greatly taken advantage of. A single mom in dire need for a car since my car had been damaged in an accident. It was rather old, but still in better condition and clean compared to what I was sold. However, because of its age the insurance company totaled it. Long story short, after only having my 1997 Toyota for only a week, that I purchased from Bob Rohrman's, I discovered an oil leak. So taking it back to the dealer to address this issue, that didn't happen overnight, I'm told it would cost me $600.00 to replace an oil pan, of which 172.00 was for the pan and gasket that I can purchase for $46.00 at the most. They would not honor repairing it for free, so of course I left.

Upon further investigation, I have found the car only needs a gasket. Something they could have done and the dealer might have been out of $100.00. It's the most simple fix. If I had a place to do, I would do it myself. The Blue Book, fair value on my car if I were to sell it, which I can not do... is only around $400.00 at best... So, that means they already got 1600.00 from me for a piece of junk. Never again will I not go with my gut feeling and let circumstances influence my decisions. Bob Rohrman's sales isn't what they claim to be. They are not looking out for the customer, why would I ever think differently?

Original review: July 18, 2017

I was given an online quote by Gurnee Hyundai and I was called by one of the sales representatives. We spoke and discussed additional incentives that were applicable to the car I wanted to purchase. Next day I drove 25 miles to the dealership only to be advised by the sales manager that the information I got was inaccurate as the discount was not applicable to the car I was purchasing. He was very blunt in telling me to "accept his offer or leave and remain friend". His response showed lack of empathy and he did not make me feel valued as a customer especially because I did my homework before travelling to the dealership. Please provide accurate and complete information next time as you could have had my business and I would have been a happy customer.

Bob Rohrman Auto Group Company Information