Find a Car Dealerships partner

Fort Wayne, IN

1.0/5 (41 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Bob Rohrman Auto Group

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Bob Rohrman Auto Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob Rohrman Auto Group?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob Rohrman Auto?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

I bought a new 2015 Prius and soon discovered that the GPS software was over two years old (2013). I asked for the software that should have been on the car to be installed and I was told that they refused to do that unless I paid $150. I called Toyota corporate and they could not understand the response, however they advised to get the GPS updated and send them the bill for reimbursement. I scheduled the repair. My wife drove 50 miles from our house to get the update only to be told they couldn't figure out how to do it. She came back later and they installed the update. Shortly thereafter the WiFi stopped working. They replaced the radio, which didn't fix the problem. Seems that the part that went bad was separate.

Another trip got the module replaced and the WiFi worked, but I discovered that when they replaced the radio they put one in with the 2013 GPS software. I called and they said, "Bring it back in for a new radio with updated GPS." Again my wife travelled 50 miles, one way, to get the repair. The new radio also had the old GPS software. We had them change the oil at the same time and they forgot to reset the maintenance screen. They then said to bring it back and they would install yet another new radio. When she brought them the car she also mentioned that the maintenance screen needed to be reset. They installed the new radio and forgot to reset the maintenance screen for the second time. When she called to complain the service manager said he could tell her how to reset the screen. This wasn't going to work, she can hardly send email.

I am very upset at the treatment we have received over these two situations. I feel they were unethical in selling me a new car with old software that did not have the new roads which were recently installed east of Ft. Wayne. I am upset that they seem to have no concern for the inconvenience of going from our home to Ft. Wayne, a trip of 50 miles, one way. I feel that they were very discourteous in not mentioning to my wife when she called about the last repair that they had an employee on staff who could take her across the street to the local mall, resulting in her having my daughter follow behind her in her car to provide them transportation to the mall while the car was repaired. I don't like being ignored while the help is making small talk with customers after THEY have been served.

Apparently I am not all that important. In any case there is not a chance in the world that I will ever patronize this establishment again. I will, for what it is worth, tell my friends and relatives my tale of woe, which may divert business to the other Toyota dealer in town. There did not seem to be any concern on the part of the service manager regarding this situation. There was no follow up on the repairs to ensure that they were correctly performed. I got the impression that since the oil change was a free one that they probably put the car wash kid in charge of it and he didn't know how to reset the maintenance screen. For what they charge for labor they need to use a better class of mechanic. One that knows more than how to read a computer screen.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2016

Went there to buy a SUV. I have my own money and I did all my research on what type of car I wanted. This would of been my 5th car purchase. Salesman was very helpful and polite. When it came to financing and final part of purchasing the manager wanted me to wait from making a decision when my husband got there. I know more about cars than my husband. They treated me like I was stupid. They kept telling me "wait till your husband gets here" that he will make me understand the financing better. What they were really trying to do is screw me with a higher APR and less warranties. I kept saying "I can make this decision on my own, I don't need my husband." But he would just smile at me and say "why don't you just sit down and relax."

I had a down payment and since this was my 5th car purchase I knew what I was doing. My husband showed up and they swooped in on him telling him. "Well we tried to tell her this was her best deal but she wouldn't listen." That was enough... I asked for my car keys and that I changed my mind. When I reported their conduct to the main office. They ran my credit 36 times. 36 hard inquiries which made it hard for me to go to another dealer. This is what Bob Rohrman company means to me. They suck. Would never buy anything from them. This is a warning for all woman that choose to buy from them.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

John **, used car sales, let me drive four hours to look at a car that he told me was like new. When I got there, it had extensive cigarette burn holes and marks all through the interior. Left mirror broken completely. This car was a 2013 prius c with only 14k. Bob Rohrman was asking $1200 over KBB price. I was prepared to pay that amount if the car was as nice as John lead me on to think it was. I talked to him at least 5 times before driving down from Lansing mi. Thanks a lot John for wasting 4 hours of my Saturday.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2016

Go visit Bob Rohrman Lexus if you want to remove any desire to buy a Lexus!! According to what Jeff Bracken (Group Vice President and General Manager - Lexus Division) who said at the 2015 car management briefing seminars "Lexus is losing market share". That tells me that Lexus has a little competition. I started looking for a Lexus over a month ago. I went to Schaumburg Lexus to buy a RX for the wife and after about 10 minutes talking to the sales rep... he walked away. Then a friend refer me to Arlington Lexus and was very excited about all he said to me about them! Went there and talked to the staff about buying a 2016 RX, we then left (it was late).

About 1 week later we test drove a NX and RX and loved both vehicles (well done Lexus)! Went inside the dealership after the test drives and the rep walked away from us and left us standing there, we went home. After about 1 week I get a call from a female associate asking me if there was an issue and I explained it. She said you need to meet with Marcin (the GM), On Monday I call to confirm my appointment and they knew nothing about it. I ended up meeting with somebody else of less stature. Here is the bottom line... on their homepage there is a picture of Marcin saying "Come see me for your best deal". I honestly can't see how they can give me the best deal when I left there and beat the price with 1 inquiry!

That building cost millions of dollars and needs to be paid for by selling cars, don't be fooled. I have stopped looking for a Lexus because of the attitude that all the dealers had was pretty much the same. There are many fine cars out there and I won't put up with these types of tactics. I'm not totally sold on not buying a Lexus from any dealer, I'm just not buying a car now because of the bad impression that these dealers left on me. I believe this is common practice at Arlington Lexus. I'm in the process of contacting Jeff Bracken and trying to give feedback about how his product is being represented by dealerships.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2016

I took my Infinity QX60 to Rohrman's Fort Wayne Infinity dealer for routine service. They checked off all the items on the checklist but failed to do several items. I know for sure they did not check tire pressure. I got a low tire pressure light the next morning, and upon checking all four tires they were all low and very different pressures. Obviously, the tires had not been checked the previous day. Also, a few days later, the warning lights came on indicating that I needed to change oil, oil filter and have engine serviced. I had just been done. So, either they did not do anything or at least failed to reset the warning system. Since there is no way to know what all they did or didn't do, I have no faith that they did anything. I will not ever take a vehicle back to them for service again. I think they just checked off the checklist and took my money. I have contacted the dealership and they never responded.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2015

Fort Wayne Toyota is in no way as good as Evans Toyota Fort Wayne. I do not work for Evans Toyota, neither am I paid to endorse them. I did business with fort wayne toyota in the past and will not again. They are anything but honest (especially in the toyota repair shop). We purchased a toyota from them over a year ago and now we are $6,000 in negative equity thanks to the $3,000 extended warranty and all the other garbage they sold us. Bottom line they are not "real" with you. I could go ahead and write a book about every negative experience I have had with them but I don't have the time. Do yourself a favor and don't go to fort wayne toyota.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2015

Saw an ad on AutoTrader for $4555.00. I called the Fort Wayne North dealer to see if it was still available. Johan said, "Yes it is. I'll have it waiting for you". Got there, the car was ready, looked very nice. Drove it, decided it was the one. Went in to make the deal. Asked if there was any room to negotiate on price. I was asked to initial a paper, saying I would not haggle on price after this if he went to manager to get best price. Ten minutes later Johan and his manager come out and apologize to my wife and I. They say the advertised price was wrong, it is actually $6888.00. The manager said it was his fault he was in charge of the ad. Told us they needed to get $6,000.00 for it. Classic bait and switch! I hope others read this and don't fall for their B.S.. I left after feeling I was tricked.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2015

This by far was the worst experience I have ever had! I worked with Trey ** and David **. First they tried to pressure me - Trey said "I'm not trying to pressure you but I can". Their sales tactics show how inexperienced they are. The store was empty and it still took 2 1/2 hours to even get to the last phase. When I was waiting I could hear Trey, another manager fooling around at the front desk, David as well. The other manager was screaming. I heard him call a employee "stupid". How you treat your employees reflects how the customer is treated. This dealership is ran by immature college students. If you don't believe it, go there, you will see. I left, did not buy the car.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2015

Classic bait and switch. I even made sure to call the dealership before I made the long drive to look at a car I saw online. By their own admission the manager and the person I spoke with on the phone were aware that the price on the ad I saw was wrong but they let me and my husband drive there anyway and decided instead of calling me they would let us know about the mistake when we got to the dealership. We drove an hour to the dealership and they left me standing around for another half an hour or more while they checked with "whoever" to see what kind of deal they could make me if I purchased the car. They offered it to me at about $2,400 over the advertised price. I'm not quite sure if this is illegal but I am certain it is HIGHLY UNETHICAL.

I can't say anything about the cars they sell but beware that even calling the dealership ahead of time does not ensure you will see what was advertised online. I am not talking about one Rogue salesperson. The management was aware of all this and still let me make the drive in. Consequently, I left the dealership about six hours ago and the car is still listed at the deceptive price that brought me in! That was the last straw and what made me sit down to write this review. This dealership is not to be trusted.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2015

The salesman told me the Ford Escape was a 6 cylinder, plus if I found a lower price they would honor it. Both after I bought the car I found to be incorrect. They baited then switched. The car they sold to me was a 4, I trusted the salesman, plus they did not honor a price I found for 3999.00 less. I will not refer this company to anyone, nor will I ever buy a Ford again. They did not even honor a free oil change that was on the contract. I was also informed that can tow. This is incorrect, I cannot tow a camper as I was informed I could. All I was is SUCKER TO THE SALES MAN. I want the company to correct this or I intend to go inform the media. I have been sitting on this for months and now since I just found out that I cannot tow what I want (which I just found out) THIS Made me even angrier. I would not trust a Ford dealer again.

Bob Rohrman Auto Group Company Information