2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.63/5

The Honda CR-V is a crossover SUV. Read more Honda reviews to learn about other models.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Honda CRV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda CRV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda CRV?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I have owned a Honda Accord, Civic, Prelude and now CR-V. All really great cars. Thoughts about 2019 CR-V Touring. 1.5L turbo: Excellent gas mileage. (30 City is possible.) (Currently 32 after road trip.) There is an eco-mode which computer regulates fuel efficiency. Excellent solid ride. Holds road very well. Tracks straight without road wander. Great visibility of road. Excellent blind side alert system in side mirrors. A light comes on in mirror if car is in blind spot, and sound alert (beep) if you hit your turn signal and car is in blind spot. Excellent back up camera. Really looks sideways with alarm if there is traffic. Excellent luggage space. Even giant space with back seat down. Good looking vehicle. Areas for improvement: The 1.5L turbo has a growl or groaning sound upon acceleration from a stop. The CR-V needs more seat padding. The gauge cluster is deep in the dash and needs better visibility. The CR-V needs tire pressure visible.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

My 2018 Honda CR-V practically drives itself. Honda focuses on excellence, durability, dependability, and comfort. There are so many features on this car. For instance, the cruise control will automatically slow down if the traffic ahead of me shows down, and resume the set speed once it gets moving again. The windshield wipers are automated. They come on when it rains and go off again when there is no moisture. The headlights are also automated. They not only come on by themselves when it starts to get dark, but they also auto switch between bright and dim. And it also lets me know if I cross one of the lines or if a car suddenly brakes in front of me, it will also brake automatically. It has great gas mileage, I am at 29.8 mpg so far and it has been slowly climbing. It is comfortable, and roomy. And it is a very stylish car!

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Excellent safety features. Comfortable ride. I love the fact that it is slightly higher than a Sedan. It is easier to get in and out of. Negatives- When you drive over a wet road the water gets on the inside of the door. I took it to the service department with no positive results. 2nd negative. I love the automatic hatch back lift. However, I think there should be an optional netting across the back. When you open the hatch back you can not keep items from falling on the ground if you have a heavy load or the items shifted. I have had things fall out the back and the other day I saw a stroller fall on a lady when she opened the back.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

This small SUV is perfect for me. It is easy to get in and out, not low to the ground, or so high you would have to climb up into it. The backup camera is great, with several angle viewing options. I have found the versatility of the back seats extremely useful. I can fold up the seat bottom, or fold down the back. I like sitting up higher than a car, but not having to maneuver a huge vehicle in traffic. The camera coming on with the turn signal is wonderful, it allows you to see what would otherwise be a blind spot. I highly recommend the Honda CRV!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

This is the best car I have ever had. I have had this suv for 7 years and I have 248 thousand miles on it. All that has been done to it is normal maintenance. New battery, tires, breaks, rotors, some suspension parts, and vtec valve. I have towed a lot of trailers as well. I can't say enough about the performance. Bought Michelin tires, rotated them and they lasted slightly over 80 thousand miles without an alignment. Gets about 27 to 28 miles per gallon all around. I have an all wheel drive and it performs excellent in the winter. I live in the country on a private rd, Whither Hills, and the crv navigates the driveway well. I will purchase another crv when I do purchase another vehicle for my wife.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I bought my 2016 Honda brand new. Overall it's been a reliable car, this is not my complaint. For starters I had issues with my tire pressure light coming on repeatedly for just about 4 years. From the week after I bought the car on. I brought the car back over and over and over. They checked the tire pressure, put air in and shut off the light. Not unusual they say. Never did they look into why I couldn't keep air in my tires so they fixed the problem temporarily but never addressed what I now know was for sure the issue. They sold me a car with tires that apparently were leaking air and knew it. Mysteriously I bought 4 brand new tires 3 months ago and the light has NEVER come back on. $600 a month for a car with leaky tires that they considered "normal".

Then comes the grinding break issue every time it's damp out. The brakes apparently are made of very cheap metal that rust over EVERY TIME it's damp. So each damp morning, several times a week, I back out of my driveway with grinding breaks. I took the car back to the dealership to be checked several times, they claim the breaks are fine and as the service man told me "this is considered normal, all cars do this". I explained I've owned 7 cars previous to this one dating as far back as 30 years and never have I owned a car that has grinding breaks on a regular basis- if this is what Honda considers normal then clearly I've bought the wrong car. They did nothing. I still have rusty grinding breaks even after replacing break pads and rotors. Not my kind of normal and certainly not for $600 a month for a car.

The latest issue started about 8 months ago. My car apparently is burning oil. My oil light comes on before I need an oil change indicating I do not have enough oil in my car. I check my oil and nope- hardly any oil even reads on the dip stick. I've gone back to the dealership twice about this- guess what they say?? This is completely normal. Normal??? It's normal that I cannot make it to my actual oil change time without needed to add more oil to my car? I ask are they putting in less oil now than they have in the past? They claim no and they aren't a bit concerned since it gets me back in for another $50 oil change earlier than I should be so hey- it's more money in their pocket.

I should tell you my car has been well maintained. Early oil changes, frequent visits to the dealership (more frequent than anyone should even need with a "brand new car") I've done all the suggested maintenance services, tire rotations, expensive transmission flush, new tires etc. The gas mileage on the car is great but as far as quality goes Honda missed the mark here. I'm getting ready to trade the car in with just about 75,000 miles on the car and I will NEVER buy another Honda again. I bought this car at Colonial Honda in Dartmouth, MA and can't help but wonder if my service issues would have been handled differently at a different dealership because this hasn't been handled in a satisfactory matter for me. Either way- I'm done with Honda's I don't feel they sell quality cars for the price tag that they charge. Their normal is not my kind of normal.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

We bought a 2020 CR-V and enjoy the vehicle; however have concerns of the entire experience with one of their dealerships and call the corporate office just to be placed on hold for greater than 5 minutes and still no answer. We email and place a customer ticket regarding our problems. It has now been over 8 days and still no response. If this is how the corporate office manages customer problems or business - then the problems with the local dealership continuing to happen without correction is now better understood. If we knew this information prior to purchasing, we likely would have purchased a Chevrolet or Ford vehicle. Very dissatisfied and recommend anyone do much research prior to any purchase.

Original review: July 20, 2020

I just want to give my own experience about the 2018 Honda CR-V Touring which I bought it brand new from North Vancouver Honda (Pacific Honda) in BC, Canada. A bad mistake to buy this expensive car!

1st problem, engine wasn’t getting warmed up and the water temperature was always showing cold! (heater also wasn’t working in winter because of this issue).
    2nd problem, oil dilution issue!! (For those who don’t know what oil dilution means is, when un-burned fuel slips past piston rings and mixes with engine oil in the crankcase and possibly causing engine damage. It could also lead to stalling or loss of power during short trips or low-speed driving, such as in heavy traffic, especially in cold weather).
    3rd problem, a hose to AC is broken and AC is not working. Honda says they are not sure when they can change the part because it is back-order! So, no AC in Summer!! The AC probably will be fixed in Wintertime. My car might have heater issue in Wintertime! Who knows!

4th problem, lights in sun visors don’t work, and visors been ordered!!

A family car that doesn’t function properly when family needs it!

Original review: July 13, 2020

Hi everyone. I’m sharing my experience with Honda CR-V. Please don’t buy Honda CR-V. I bought in 2018 Honda CR-V EX L. My car involved in accident in February 2020. My wife got serious injured and her spinal got hurted. Just because the air bags doesn’t deploy at the time of accident. My wife’s head hit the steering wheel. My baby was in car and she is now emotionally sick. When I try to ask Honda they are not even explain why it not deployed. So please don’t buy Honda cars if you love your family. Thanks.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I took my 2019 Honda CR-V in for service to Honda in Hayward due to a screen malfunction. The screen beeps and the screen dims and brightens sporadically over and over when I'm driving. It's happened multiple times and the only way it will stop is if I pull over, turn the car off and turn it back on. This Honda glitch is a safety issue not too much in the day time although it is very distracting but especially at night when the screen goes full brightness and then dark over and over. Well I took the car in on Wednesday and as I explained my concern the service representative just nodded and said, "Okay. I know what you're talking about" but never actually said much. Hours later I get a call that my car is ready.

When I picked up the car the service representative told me they did a factory reset to the screen and I questioned it and he said that that would fix the problem. No one really explained anything to me. It's Saturday and the car is doing it again. I don't know if I believe they did anything at all since all my radio stations were still programmed. Ultimately even if they did do what they said they did it still didn't fix the problem. I searched this issue on the internet and have found out that this is an issue that Honda is aware of and is not fixing. It also looks like they have two lawsuits going for this exact issue. I'm very disappointed since I've only had the car six months and I bought it new. Unfortunate that Honda will not own up to this issue.

Honda CRV Company Information