3.94/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Honda CRV

The Honda CR-V is a crossover SUV. Read more Honda reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Honda CRV Reviews

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I bought a CRV EX in September 19 2018 and it had some problem with the brake pumps since it was a week old (300 + miles). The Dealer Roush Honda in Columbus Ohio, replace the parts for a “supposedly better parts than the substandard parts from India used at the assembly line”. The breaks have not work properly for the most part, and event though I complain several times, the dealer claim the noise in the brakes was normal. Two weeks ago, a metal to metal sound when you step on the brakes lightly when backing up, I took it to the dealer, and they told me it was “a few rust pots” on the routers, they shave them off some without my knowledge or authorization and charge Honda for it since the car is still under warranty.

The car has only 10000 miles and it is parked in a dry garage protected from the weather, I drive it at least once a day. They could not explain how according to them I had “few” rust spots on the routers. Whatever repair the dealer did has not change the clank sound for better words to describe it. I have seen in the internet there is more than one CRV model (2017, 2018, 2019) with the same brake problem. Frankly, I would never buy again a Honda Car, the quality is not there and they give customers the runaround since they new the cars they are producing are subpar. If one sees how many recalls and law suits the company has is beyond believed. Conclusion, do not buy a Honda car truck etc.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

I have a 2018 CRV-Touring. Will be a year this November, nothing but problems with this vehicle and no help whatsoever from Honda Canada with it all! First was vehicle stalling and lights flashing saying problems with injectors, roadside picked it up only to have at dealership for 4 months to tell me I had 4 bad injectors and fuel pump! Not 1 day out after 4 months AC not working with having full blast hot air coming out of vents only to make me drive another 7hrs to dealer as I am 3 and half hour from there to tell me, "Oh we'll filled up your AC with dye. Come back in 2 weeks to check if there’s a leak!"

One week later brought it to different Honda on my way to a North bay, On for vacation, asked dealer to check it out as this is summer and not very fun having full blown hot air coming out of vents! Then was told 2 parts had to be changed in my AC system only to get it back a week later and having to drive back to north bay another 9 hrs drive to bring back rental and pick up my car! Only to have my vehicle's warning lights all come on couple of weeks later, got it towed all the way to North bay only to be told whoever fixed my fuel pump and injectors hadn’t reconnected my ground wire to fuse box. They told me to get rental car again for 3rd time. Got my car from towing company 2 weeks later with deep scratch and dent in my door on top of chipped windshield???? Only to be told to get estimate done to fix door etc... All this between March 2019 to September 2019.

Now October all my warning lights on and off again only to be told, "Oh bring it back to dealership to get it looked at, as only way for us to know how to proceed." In all of this I’ve paid for travelling back and forth, for rental vehicles and being assigned to Mediation Specialist who is impossible to get a hold of even though leaving messages and calling customer relations only to get email almost 2 months later telling me they reassigned my case to different mediation specialist. This has been over month now. Still haven’t gotten to speak to them. During these last couple of months I’m still getting all warning lights come on and off with nothing working inside only to be told get it looked at in email by dealer which is 7 hrs away to see what can be done...

I’m tired of going back and forth to dealerships for this vehicle and not having support or help from Honda Canada. Spending all my days off working 12 hrs night shifts calling, emailing, leaving voicemails without having anyone from Honda deal with this case once and for all, I don’t have the funds to keep going back and forth to dealers with this car! I’m running out of patience and $$$$. I don’t know what my next step should be! If anyone has information or ideas please help me. I could go on and on about this vehicle, bought it as I thought Honda were dependable vehicles and a Honda Canada was a great company for customer service! Ya right. Not my case???? PLEASE HELP????

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Horrible buzzing when using bluetooth microphone in vehicle. Had replaced TWICE and still the issue returns. WHY is Honda not fixing this issue? Complaints all over the internet and for a $34000 vehicle this should NOT be an issue.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I have a 2016 Honda CR-V Touring. The sound quality when the phone is on Bluetooth is horrible, especially when I am driving on a highway. The incoming sound is incredibly muffled. The outgoing sound sounds like the person is in a wind tunnel. Honda has replaced the unit once with no success. I spoke to overall customer service and their response was to continually take it to the dealer or other dealers for 2nd opinions. I am so disappointed because my 2012 Honda CR-V is better quality. This is my 6th and possibly last Honda. The local dealer has been great but they obviously cannot fix a design issue. :( Might trade this in for a non Honda. I really thought they stood behind their vehicles.

Original review: July 2, 2019

This model had way more to to offer than the luxury brands. The safety features came with the model. I certainly got more for my dollar. I needed a safe SUV to keep me focused on the road. Love the lane cross over warnings. The ride is comfortable. Love my seats heat in winter months.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda CRV?

Original review: June 10, 2019

2015 Honda CRV Transmission Failure. On June 7, 2019 returning from trip (cruise) driving from Cocoa Beach to Nashville, my car quit pulling and had to pull off the interstate. It would not go forward or backwards in gear. My car has 50,000 miles and I have owned it for 4 years. My VIN is **. My son was driving behind me and he purchased 2 quarts of transmission fluid and put it in hoping the car would pull. It did not help it so I had it towed to Lang-Dale Honda in Valdosta, Ga. They said it had 4 quarts too much fluid and that voided the warranty on the transmission. I told them my son had put the 2 quarts in to see if would help and that we have never had any additional fluid added. Please help me with situation.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I purchased a Honda CRV 1.6 DTEC 160 EX new in 2016. The clutch failed after 32000 miles and just over 2 years old. I had to pay for a new clutch and fly wheel repair. Less than 9000 miles later and still in the 3 year warranty the gearbox was replaced by Honda. Less than a week later the clutch failed again. Honda did not accept any liability and I had to pay for another clutch and flywheel replacement. Honda said it was "driver error". The last new vehicle I purchased (not Honda) did 198,000 miles when I sold it and never required a replacement clutch. I have never had a clutch replaced in all the vehicles I have owned. I would never buy another Honda. They do not care once they have sold you a car.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Second CRV. We took to dealership for warranty water leak. At this time Battery also died. Still have 8 months on warranty. First of all the service rep told us we might as well buy a new Battery then get the free one on warranty, because it could go out and it would not be covered. Second, we have water pouring in at antenna. They are going to fix the leak, but want to clean the swollen headliner. Anyone who has any car experience knows that the headliner is exposed to extreme heat, and the cloth is attached with glue. So this is now compromised. We did not buy this way and do not want it dropping in a year when the warranty is up. Plus, there is a mildew smell to it. I hope they get this correct, this is our 4 Honda but is making me think differently for next year.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Search 2015 Honda CRV vibrations and see what I mean. The class action suit has been thrown out, Honda says they have done everything to fix problems. I have all their so called fixes done, car still vibrates. Service manager told me they all vibrate and there is nothing he can do, told to complaint to HONDA CUSTOMER SERVICE. Honda has admitted the problem after receiving so many complaints, but just tried to cover up the problems. The fixes do not work.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Honda CR-V 2018 didn’t alert driver when engine off and not in p. This week, I exited my CR-V at a gas pump, and when I turned back to it, it was leaving the gas station, picking up speed, and went across a busy street (fortunately no cars at the moment), jumped a curb, went down an embankment and slammed into a concrete bridge abutment, avoiding it traveling onto very busy I35 south. The front left side of the car is crushed, no airbags deployed (possibly due to no one in the drivers seat but TBD), and it had to be towed away.

My concern is that this car dings at any mistake, like trying to exit a stopped car without putting it in park. I always check to see the problem when I get that warning, but this time it did not give any sound alerts. Of that I am certain. This will be further investigated and reported to Honda and our dealership, but I wanted others to be aware of the flaw. Thank goodness no one was hurt. The car only has 4000 miles on it and is most likely totaled.

Honda CRV Company Information