2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.99/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

The Honda CR-V is a crossover SUV. Read more Honda reviews to learn about other models.

Honda CRV Reviews

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I have owned a Honda Accord, Civic, Prelude and now CR-V. All really great cars. Thoughts about 2019 CR-V Touring. 1.5L turbo: Excellent gas mileage. (30 City is possible.) (Currently 32 after road trip.) There is an eco-mode which computer regulates fuel efficiency. Excellent solid ride. Holds road very well. Tracks straight without road wander. Great visibility of road. Excellent blind side alert system in side mirrors. A light comes on in mirror if car is in blind spot, and sound alert (beep) if you hit your turn signal and car is in blind spot. Excellent back up camera. Really looks sideways with alarm if there is traffic. Excellent luggage space. Even giant space with back seat down. Good looking vehicle. Areas for improvement: The 1.5L turbo has a growl or groaning sound upon acceleration from a stop. The CR-V needs more seat padding. The gauge cluster is deep in the dash and needs better visibility. The CR-V needs tire pressure visible.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

My 2018 Honda CR-V practically drives itself. Honda focuses on excellence, durability, dependability, and comfort. There are so many features on this car. For instance, the cruise control will automatically slow down if the traffic ahead of me shows down, and resume the set speed once it gets moving again. The windshield wipers are automated. They come on when it rains and go off again when there is no moisture. The headlights are also automated. They not only come on by themselves when it starts to get dark, but they also auto switch between bright and dim. And it also lets me know if I cross one of the lines or if a car suddenly brakes in front of me, it will also brake automatically. It has great gas mileage, I am at 29.8 mpg so far and it has been slowly climbing. It is comfortable, and roomy. And it is a very stylish car!

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Excellent safety features. Comfortable ride. I love the fact that it is slightly higher than a Sedan. It is easier to get in and out of. Negatives- When you drive over a wet road the water gets on the inside of the door. I took it to the service department with no positive results. 2nd negative. I love the automatic hatch back lift. However, I think there should be an optional netting across the back. When you open the hatch back you can not keep items from falling on the ground if you have a heavy load or the items shifted. I have had things fall out the back and the other day I saw a stroller fall on a lady when she opened the back.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

This small SUV is perfect for me. It is easy to get in and out, not low to the ground, or so high you would have to climb up into it. The backup camera is great, with several angle viewing options. I have found the versatility of the back seats extremely useful. I can fold up the seat bottom, or fold down the back. I like sitting up higher than a car, but not having to maneuver a huge vehicle in traffic. The camera coming on with the turn signal is wonderful, it allows you to see what would otherwise be a blind spot. I highly recommend the Honda CRV!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

This is the best car I have ever had. I have had this suv for 7 years and I have 248 thousand miles on it. All that has been done to it is normal maintenance. New battery, tires, breaks, rotors, some suspension parts, and vtec valve. I have towed a lot of trailers as well. I can't say enough about the performance. Bought Michelin tires, rotated them and they lasted slightly over 80 thousand miles without an alignment. Gets about 27 to 28 miles per gallon all around. I have an all wheel drive and it performs excellent in the winter. I live in the country on a private rd, Whither Hills, and the crv navigates the driveway well. I will purchase another crv when I do purchase another vehicle for my wife.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda CRV?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I have leased two Honda CRVs (one 2016 and one 2018) over the last 3 years. During that time I have had lots of issues with both vehicles, resulting in me trading in the 2016 for the newer one, only to have the same or similar issues with the 2018. I have taken the 2018 to O’Brien Honda (formerly Brad Barker) of Bloomington, a Honda dealership in Peoria, a reputable shop in Decatur, IL and to a reputable shop in Bloomington, IL.

My primary issue with this car is its drivability. When I am driving the CRV, it is difficult to keep on the road because it darts to the left and to the right. It also pulls to the left and to the right making steering a challenge. I have taken my car to different places at my own cost to try and figure out the problem because when I drive on the interstate I have to go slow, around 60 mph, because otherwise it is difficult to drive it safely. I have two boys who are always with me and they notice it jumps around when they are in the back seat. I need to be able to drive and transport my children in a safe, reliable vehicle. The two CRVs I have owned are far from safe given these issues.

I have expressed my driving and safety concerns to all four of the service shops I have taken my car to. Inevitably, the shops tell me it requires an alignment. I am constantly aligning this car. When I took it to the Honda dealership in Peoria they aligned the car and within four days it was out of alignment again. I took the car to another shop and they told me it was out of alignment. How can that be after four days? I have also put tires on the CRV and nothing helps. I have spoken with District Managers about this. They give me the runaround also telling me nothing is wrong with the car. Even when I pushed back, the District Manager agreed to have the car aligned but within one day it was out again.

I am always taking my car to other shops for a 2nd opinion because the Honda dealerships do not resolve these issues after multiple visits and conversations with their service personnel. The shop I most recently took it to in Bloomington, IL told me they think there is a suspension problem or other issue causing the alignment not to last. I have made complaints to Honda and also made a complaint using the chat area of the website stating my unhappiness with the dealer’s service. At this point I have exhausted all options and am not in a financial position to trade this car in for something different. Honda is supposed to have reputation for being safe, reliable, long lasting vehicle. My experience has been anything but those things. I am very disappointed in the lack of concern and consideration at the Honda dealerships.

Given nobody can figure out what is going on with my car and nobody is willing to provide a different car for me to drive, I have consulted an attorney to determine my options. They recommend letting Honda know that I am reporting the company to Consumer Affairs for not properly fixing my car thereby rendering it unsafe to drive. I would like to work out these issues so I can keep this car but not when it is not driving safely. I have borrowed friend’s cars when driving outside city limits, or on the interstate, because of the way the CRV drives. That should not be necessary when this car is only a 2018.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The transient electrical problems with antilock brakes and display are very unnerving. I even took an 8 minute video to the dealer and they said try to bring it to them during the occurrence. Will not purchase another Honda.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I like the car but I am not a fan of the visibility. I have a hard time judging when another car is in the blindspot area. The back side windows are small. The engine has good kick when I need it, and my tall kids have more than enough legroom in the backseat.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I have a 2005 Honda CRV. It has been a great vehicle and I would definitely purchase another one. The only downside to the CRV is the newer models have a much smaller cargo area and I have two very large dogs that barely fit in the larger 2005 model. I may have to upgrade to a Pilot due to the smaller cargo size and the newer model.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Our CRV is amazing. It runs like a race car (turbo) and gets wonderful mileage. It has a sea of electronic goodies for your safety and comfort. I sometimes joke I need a college course to operate it lol. I see many Hondas running still with over 250,000 miles as daily drivers. Get ya one and see for yourself...

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Honda CRV Company Information