Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.74/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

The Honda Pilot is known for its functionality. New models all come with advanced safety features. Read more Honda reviews to learn about other models.

Honda Pilot Reviews

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Purchased this 2004 Honda Pilot new in 2004. Driven it across country several times, lived in the Southwest desert and drove it for years. Lived in Chicago and enjoyed the 4 wheel drive in the show. Other than showing signs of aging in the paint job after 16 years, this car is as good as ever. We have never had a serious mechanical issue, ever. The cloth interior has no rips, no worn spots, the headliner is perfect. It runs quiet and has tons of power. Absolutely the best value ever due to its perfect size, flexibility, hauling capacity, visibility over other cars. We will buy another one someday!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I bought in March this year a 2014 Honda Pilot with 120k on it, formerly a rental according to the Navigation system as to where it has been. It is now in my hands for 8 mos with 30k more miles. I have driven long distances with 3400 lbs trailer attached. 4x4 driven in snow and and dirt. Regular maintenance performed. No problems at all. This is the first Honda that I have owned and won't be the last! A retired master mechanic, electrician, electronics tech.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I love my Honda Pilot. It is big enough to carry multiple people and/or items, and very comfortable. It drives very well and is very stable on the road. It looks amazing, too! I especially like the camera that comes on when I turn on the right blinker. I didn't realize how much I'd come to depend on it until I was in a different vehicle last week that didn't have it.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

2016 Honda Pilot Touring was advanced than their luxury model 2016 Acura MDX as this model have 9 gear transmission and 3.5 Acura engine with all those safety gadgets make this SUV delightful! I wished hand shift was also smooth as rest of the vehicle and front engine bonnet little too puffy on high speed (120 KMPH).

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

We’ve owned 3 Pilots now and have loved everyone. It’s spacious and comfortable for the whole family and even the grandparents! We comfortably fit our family of four (2 being kids and one is still in a very bulky car seat) and my 2 parents with room to spare. The technology is also amazing which makes for a fun and much safer ride! We will definitely be Honda owners for a long time!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Pilot?

Original review: March 20, 2020

I bought Honda Pilot 2019.. The car has been causing me the issue since the day I bought it. I have been into dealership 5 times already.. First summer Air conditioner not working. First winter there is some engine light on. Dealership is not able to figure out what it going on. I have dropped the vehicle and keeps on coming again... Honda Canada is not taking responsibility for that... They are just saying it's under warranty. They will look after it but it so much frustrating.. Every other day there is new problem. All system are failing... Never buy Honda .. They have worst customer service... They don't care once you buy car from them.. They are giving lemon car to everyone. My friend is also going through this same issue and they are just ignoring it...

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

On December 2019 I trade in my 2018 Toyota Camry XSE for the 2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition for more space for my kids and is the worst. The electrical part of it have a lot of issues and distract and scared the driver as well as my kids with popping noises coming out of the speakers, dashboard shooting off, infotainment saying network connection lost and shooting off, plus the brake sensor alert coming on all of sudden and without anyone or anything around. This SUV IS NOT SAFE AT ALL.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Just bought my 3rd Pilot with this one being the 2020 Elite Black Edition...likely my last. 1500 kms on it and the entertainment system keeps crashing. The speakers have a loud crackling noise. Tailgate isn't working nor is the remote start. Warning light is now on that the collision avoidance system is down as well. I trusted Honda because of quality. Now learning this is a nagging common electrical issue. Trust is gone. Very disappointed. Hoping they can fix it. Should have kept my 2014 Pilot.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Purchased my 4th Honda Pilot 3 weeks ago, 2019 Touring. Previously owned a 2011 EXL 2013 Touring, and 2017 Touring. The auto idle stop feature has never worked. After 75⁰ miles, took to dealership and was told Honda is aware, there currently is no fix, and they don't know when one will be available. They will call me. Don't think there will be a 5th Honda Pilot if this is not resolved quickly.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Most reliable car I have ever owned. Only done general maintenance for 100,000 miles. Oils changes, tire, fluids etc. Car is built very solid like a truck but drives well like a Sedan.

Honda Pilot Company Information