2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

3.9/5 (236 ratings)
Shop Now on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Honda Pilot

The Honda Pilot is known for its functionality. New models all come with advanced safety features. Read more Honda reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Honda Pilot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Pilot?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Pilot?

Original review: April 14, 2021

We bought a 2014 Honda Pilot with 90,000 miles on it in November of 2020 after researching many reviews. In March of 2021 the part of paint on the front roof of the vehicle was off. We were baffled. We researched this issue and found out that Honda used faulty paint on their white 2014 models and it’s been coming off in droves. They recalled but decided that only for 7 years after the car is released. So that means by January 2021 the 2014 I just paid 20k for because they are such “great” cars needs a new 2,500 paint job-that’s literally what Honda quoted us....because Honda used cheap crappy paint.... and knew it. Then refused to fix it because apparently they believe car paint under 100k miles should only last 7 years. Good to know that’s what they believe.

Also the mechanical issues this thing has are pathetic. The trunk doesn’t pop open or shut a third of the time so I have to do it manually, the lights inside don’t work right and the car alarm randomly goes off. I’m so thankful this happened because we were talking in January about selling this one at the end of the year and just buying a new one next year if we liked it! Now we know we will never buy a Honda of any kind again.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

Happy taking my 2019 Honda Pilot for a recall on the stereo radio for over 6 times and they refused to replace it. They always tell me that they know what the problem is and they take the car to be fixed and then following day same thing they refuse to replace the stereo.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I bought Honda Pilot 2019.. The car has been causing me the issue since the day I bought it. I have been into dealership 5 times already.. First summer Air conditioner not working. First winter there is some engine light on. Dealership is not able to figure out what it going on. I have dropped the vehicle and keeps on coming again... Honda Canada is not taking responsibility for that... They are just saying it's under warranty. They will look after it but it so much frustrating.. Every other day there is new problem. All system are failing... Never buy Honda .. They have worst customer service... They don't care once you buy car from them.. They are giving lemon car to everyone. My friend is also going through this same issue and they are just ignoring it...

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

On December 2019 I trade in my 2018 Toyota Camry XSE for the 2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition for more space for my kids and is the worst. The electrical part of it have a lot of issues and distract and scared the driver as well as my kids with popping noises coming out of the speakers, dashboard shooting off, infotainment saying network connection lost and shooting off, plus the brake sensor alert coming on all of sudden and without anyone or anything around. This SUV IS NOT SAFE AT ALL.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Just bought my 3rd Pilot with this one being the 2020 Elite Black Edition...likely my last. 1500 kms on it and the entertainment system keeps crashing. The speakers have a loud crackling noise. Tailgate isn't working nor is the remote start. Warning light is now on that the collision avoidance system is down as well. I trusted Honda because of quality. Now learning this is a nagging common electrical issue. Trust is gone. Very disappointed. Hoping they can fix it. Should have kept my 2014 Pilot.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Purchased my 4th Honda Pilot 3 weeks ago, 2019 Touring. Previously owned a 2011 EXL 2013 Touring, and 2017 Touring. The auto idle stop feature has never worked. After 75⁰ miles, took to dealership and was told Honda is aware, there currently is no fix, and they don't know when one will be available. They will call me. Don't think there will be a 5th Honda Pilot if this is not resolved quickly.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Purchased this 2004 Honda Pilot new in 2004. Driven it across country several times, lived in the Southwest desert and drove it for years. Lived in Chicago and enjoyed the 4 wheel drive in the show. Other than showing signs of aging in the paint job after 16 years, this car is as good as ever. We have never had a serious mechanical issue, ever. The cloth interior has no rips, no worn spots, the headliner is perfect. It runs quiet and has tons of power. Absolutely the best value ever due to its perfect size, flexibility, hauling capacity, visibility over other cars. We will buy another one someday!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Most reliable car I have ever owned. Only done general maintenance for 100,000 miles. Oils changes, tire, fluids etc. Car is built very solid like a truck but drives well like a Sedan.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I purchased this 2019 Honda Pilot EX new from a dealer in The Milwaukee area. Almost immediately, the 6 speed transmission would cause the vehicle to shake, vibrate, hesitate and growl as it seems to up-shift prematurely and it can't counter shift to a lower gear. Over 5k on the vehicle to date and it does this every day at speeds of 24, 33 and 43 mph. Repeated trips to the dealer with no resolve. I hate it and won't keep it much longer.

This is my last Honda purchase after we have had 3 Accords, and 2 Odysseys. We gave a thumbs down to our 2015 Accord with a CVT transmission. Quality isn't there anymore. The Pilot rides rough in the rear with lots of slap over small road cracks. Radio/Info display freezes at startup. I tried towing my 2000lb alum boat and the rear end sag tightens the suspension so much you couldn't stand the rough ride. (200 lb tongue wt) It's rated for 5000 lb with the tow package which I have, come on. Max speed I felt safe at was 68 mph. Vehicle feels unstable beyond that. I'm going back to a pickup truck soon.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I would highly recommend the Honda Pilot. It's a great "large" SUV without being too big. The thing I like most is the rear windows. Most new SUVs have those tiny triangular side windows and a scrunched rear window. The Pilot has has excellent sight lines out the rear!

Honda Pilot Company Information