2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.76/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

The Honda Pilot is known for its functionality. New models all come with advanced safety features. Read more Honda reviews to learn about other models.

Honda Pilot Reviews

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Purchased this 2004 Honda Pilot new in 2004. Driven it across country several times, lived in the Southwest desert and drove it for years. Lived in Chicago and enjoyed the 4 wheel drive in the show. Other than showing signs of aging in the paint job after 16 years, this car is as good as ever. We have never had a serious mechanical issue, ever. The cloth interior has no rips, no worn spots, the headliner is perfect. It runs quiet and has tons of power. Absolutely the best value ever due to its perfect size, flexibility, hauling capacity, visibility over other cars. We will buy another one someday!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I bought in March this year a 2014 Honda Pilot with 120k on it, formerly a rental according to the Navigation system as to where it has been. It is now in my hands for 8 mos with 30k more miles. I have driven long distances with 3400 lbs trailer attached. 4x4 driven in snow and and dirt. Regular maintenance performed. No problems at all. This is the first Honda that I have owned and won't be the last! A retired master mechanic, electrician, electronics tech.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I love my Honda Pilot. It is big enough to carry multiple people and/or items, and very comfortable. It drives very well and is very stable on the road. It looks amazing, too! I especially like the camera that comes on when I turn on the right blinker. I didn't realize how much I'd come to depend on it until I was in a different vehicle last week that didn't have it.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

2016 Honda Pilot Touring was advanced than their luxury model 2016 Acura MDX as this model have 9 gear transmission and 3.5 Acura engine with all those safety gadgets make this SUV delightful! I wished hand shift was also smooth as rest of the vehicle and front engine bonnet little too puffy on high speed (120 KMPH).

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

We’ve owned 3 Pilots now and have loved everyone. It’s spacious and comfortable for the whole family and even the grandparents! We comfortably fit our family of four (2 being kids and one is still in a very bulky car seat) and my 2 parents with room to spare. The technology is also amazing which makes for a fun and much safer ride! We will definitely be Honda owners for a long time!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Pilot?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

On December 2019 I trade in my 2018 Toyota Camry XSE for the 2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition for more space for my kids and is the worst. The electrical part of it have a lot of issues and distract and scared the driver as well as my kids with popping noises coming out of the speakers, dashboard shooting off, infotainment saying network connection lost and shooting off, plus the brake sensor alert coming on all of sudden and without anyone or anything around. This SUV IS NOT SAFE AT ALL.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Just bought my 3rd Pilot with this one being the 2020 Elite Black Edition...likely my last. 1500 kms on it and the entertainment system keeps crashing. The speakers have a loud crackling noise. Tailgate isn't working nor is the remote start. Warning light is now on that the collision avoidance system is down as well. I trusted Honda because of quality. Now learning this is a nagging common electrical issue. Trust is gone. Very disappointed. Hoping they can fix it. Should have kept my 2014 Pilot.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Purchased my 4th Honda Pilot 3 weeks ago, 2019 Touring. Previously owned a 2011 EXL 2013 Touring, and 2017 Touring. The auto idle stop feature has never worked. After 75⁰ miles, took to dealership and was told Honda is aware, there currently is no fix, and they don't know when one will be available. They will call me. Don't think there will be a 5th Honda Pilot if this is not resolved quickly.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Most reliable car I have ever owned. Only done general maintenance for 100,000 miles. Oils changes, tire, fluids etc. Car is built very solid like a truck but drives well like a Sedan.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I purchased this 2019 Honda Pilot EX new from a dealer in The Milwaukee area. Almost immediately, the 6 speed transmission would cause the vehicle to shake, vibrate, hesitate and growl as it seems to up-shift prematurely and it can't counter shift to a lower gear. Over 5k on the vehicle to date and it does this every day at speeds of 24, 33 and 43 mph. Repeated trips to the dealer with no resolve. I hate it and won't keep it much longer.

This is my last Honda purchase after we have had 3 Accords, and 2 Odysseys. We gave a thumbs down to our 2015 Accord with a CVT transmission. Quality isn't there anymore. The Pilot rides rough in the rear with lots of slap over small road cracks. Radio/Info display freezes at startup. I tried towing my 2000lb alum boat and the rear end sag tightens the suspension so much you couldn't stand the rough ride. (200 lb tongue wt) It's rated for 5000 lb with the tow package which I have, come on. Max speed I felt safe at was 68 mph. Vehicle feels unstable beyond that. I'm going back to a pickup truck soon.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Honda Pilot Company Information