3.76/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Honda Pilot

The Honda Pilot is known for its functionality. New models all come with advanced safety features. Read more Honda reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Honda Pilot Reviews

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Infotainment system is completely unreliable. Doesn't matter if my phone is connected by Bluetooth or USB. First you will hear skips in the audio you are listening to then the audio will cut off completely. The screen will say that it is playing but no sound is heard. When this defect happens, you can't hear anything - even if you switch to the radio or other source. When you turn the car off, it resets but will do it again the next time you drive it. This is ridiculous for a new car - especially a Honda. This has been happening off and on for several months. Now it is just over the 36,000 mile warranty. This needs to be a class-action suit and a recall is needed to repair or replace the infotainment system.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

We purchased a 2020 Honda Pilot AWD Touring and experienced the same infotainment issue that others have described. Ten days off the lot, we heard crackling and popping across the dash and both the center dash screen and the screen behind the wheel went black with no access to nav, radio, bluetooth, backup camera, speedometer, etc. The system continually tried to reboot but would continue crashing. Took it in and they replaced audio tuner and gauge control module and then said it was working perfectly. Two hours after I picked it up, the same problem occurred. They kept it for 2 more weeks, saying they were in touch with Honda's engineers. They wound up replacing both the floor harness and dash harness. Time will tell whether it is actually fixed. Have had it back for a week with no issues.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I purchased a 2019 Honda Pilot Touring from Honda Valley Stream in Aug, 2019. Within two weeks, the computer/electrical system went out. I took it to the service Department where I was informed that a hard reset was done. On my journey from NY, two weeks later, the entire System went out again. The kids were watching a video and that shut down, along with phone, radio and the back up camera. The entire system went down again within the space of a month. The display section at the front of the car Stays on while the vehicle is parked and locked. I have to Take time off from work twice within a month to have my brand new 2019 Pilot serviced. This is terribly frustrating and Honda has to rectify this issue immediately.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Radio crackling, shutting off, not shutting off when the car is off. Completely unpredictable for the entire infotainment system. Honda has no clue how to fix it. I've owned 3 Odyssey prior to this and will never buy another Honda.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

2019 Honda Pilot Elite - first Honda I've ever owned. In six months the computer/electrical system has gone out three times. Similar stories all over the internet. Basically at any given moment while driving there will be a glitchy feedback sound that comes through the speakers in the car. At that point, the audio system shuts off. No music (Satellite, FM/AM, Bluetooth, iPod, etc.), no voice controls, no phone (calls in or out). No backup camera - surround sensors still work for no visual cues or lines display for distance visualization. Many features within the computer display selection not available while vehicle is in motion even if the vehicle is parked. When the car is parked and turned off and locked, the computer display does not turn off. It will stay off overnight and the computer will still be on in the morning. The freeze/short will last usually 36 to 48 hours then randomly reset itself. Like nothing happened.

When I call the dealer where I bought the car and try to speak to service department, I'm told all I can do is schedule an appoint (for like 5 days out) and they've never heard of what I'm describing. It was suggested that I disconnect the battery, wrap the connection cables in electrical tape, clip them together for 30 to 45 minutes then remove the electrical tape and connect the red connection to blah blah blah blah... Seriously it a new car. Not even Walmart would give you this runaround over a toaster. Today, I'm currently waiting 2 more days for my service appointment where I will sit in their lobby for hours (no loaner and shuttle service in 5 mile radius) while they try to diagnose what has been detailed all over the internet. First Honda ever... Last Honda ever. Beyond disappointed in product support of a new product with problems.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Pilot?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

The ACC/LKAS/Cruise CONTROL is scary, it will interpret a vehicle coming toward you in the opposite lane as a threat and swerve out of the way by taking control of the vehicle and snatching the steering wheel out of your hands. If it doesn’t do that it’ll apply the breaks and then snatch the steering wheel out of your hands to swerve away. My advice disengage that system on any and every 2 Lane Rd. The interior is cheap. It feels cheap. The vent on my AC will not close so I get to breathe all the outside air all the time. It idles like a Sherman tank when you first crank it up. It rides rough. It is not comfortable. Ergonomically it is not comfortable. If I drive a long distance my back hurts because the armrests are not even.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I bought this 2010 Pilot new and it seemed to be the best car I have ever owned. It runs very well and I love the size and features it came with. A few years of owning it I received a letter from Honda that stated its supplier used dissimilar metals in the rivets. This will cause the tailgate to rust prematurely so they added a 7 year warranty. Sure enough my tailgate had rust coming through just after reading the TSB. I had it repaired and it looked great. Just after the warranty expired the rust came back FAST. I called Honda and they will do nothing about it now. They "fixed" it to last just past the warranty and now I am stuck with a rusty tailgate due to Honda's cheap discount .01 rivets. I thought they had a lifelong customer but their customer service changed my mind.

Original review: June 20, 2019

+This is the fourth Honda we have owned and I don't think there will be a fifth purchase based on what I have experienced in one week's time with the new vehicle. On Day 3 with just 300 miles on the car, the radio stopped working. It had power to it but we couldn't use it for Apple Play or Sirius or even local channels. When we shut off the vehicle, the radio stayed on. I noticed this after about two hours and was lucky I caught it, because I did not want to drain the battery. I wound up pulling the fuse to the radio (#29, if anyone needs to know) to cut the power. I've had to do this three times so far.

Now, when I start my car, I get a low battery warning. None of the interior lights were left on, no doors were open, etc. The car is off and dark. There are no key fobs in or near the car. I can't imagine that the one hour that the radio was stuck on could have drained the battery to this extent. The kicklift feature on my trunk hatch has stopped working. I don't know if this is related to having to pull the fuse or not. Pressing the button works, and the hatch lifts - but the kicklift is defective now. I contacted Honda about this and they said there are "no known issues" with the radio and trunk. I find this hard to believe. We purchased this vehicle for the purpose of allowing a safer car ride. My radio shut down in the night. Can you imagine if I was depending on this feature to function if I was lost or stranded or in a dangerous situation? Shame on you Honda!

Original review: May 11, 2019

Safety concern: hood raises up and down in the wind. Dealer adjusted, changed latch. It still flexes in wind. It’s startling to see a hood move that way when driving on the highway. Is it the material it’s made of? Is it the latch? Trying to get a solution from Honda but no luck so far.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I saw a post I saw on this forum, below. I am reposting it because I had an almost identical experience (ongoing) with my 2019 Honda Pilot Touring purchased Sept 2018. Problems with Apple CarPlay started in Oct, and I have still not gotten resolution or much assistance from Honda (or Apple!) on this. I've seen multiple other postings like this elsewhere, including Apple Community pages. This requires Honda Corporate's immediate attention and necessitates a RECALL!!!

Melissa of Beverly Hills, CA Verified Reviewer
      Original review: March 2, 2019.

Purchased a new 2019 Honda Pilot Touring on December 8, 2018 for the EXPRESS purpose of having APPLE CARPLAY! After I had a 1 year old top of the line loaded Nissan Pathfinder that would not connect with my iPhone. I Lost MANY options from my previous vehicle and paid an additional $14,000 for the Pilot just to have hands free use of my phone. Approximately 300 miles and 1 week into owning the vehicle Apple CarPlay stopped working. Over the next two months the dealer had my car for 40% of my ownership of it. They replaced the radio two times and still not working. Now I am almost 3 months into owning this vehicle and no SOLUTION in sight. This is pathetic and disgusting. I will NEVER purchase a Honda again- Nor will any of my family members!

Honda Pilot Company Information