2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.99/5

The Honda Civic is available as a coupe or a hatchback. Read more Honda reviews to learn about other models.

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Honda Civic Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Civic?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Civic?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The car has 68000 miles on it yet it still drives like brand new. No rattles and haven't had any major problems or minor either. Easy to drive and Park. Great gas mileage. But I think the spring on the driver side door is weak because the door doesn't want to stay open. It will swing back on you.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Bought it 2010, the only major repair I done is replace the brakes. Maybe because I drove mostly on highways, I only replaced the brakes twice and current mileage is just a little over 180,000. The seats are still comfortable (front and back). The only complaint I have is the inside noise. It's not loud but it is noticeable to be annoying. My next car is still a Civic but I read on your review they did not improve on the noise. Overall, I do enjoy driving it more than the 2015 Accord.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I drive a 2010 Civic Si and it has been a reliable car. With the right tires, it handles well and it's fun to drive. I have had very few problems, aside from regular maintenance on this vehicle. I have only one ongoing issue where it doesn't like to start straight away when it's very wet outside and the mechanic isn't sure exactly why. There are little things that are annoying like, the center console no longer slides freely, one of the controlled vents doesn't stay in position when the heat is on, and the side window vent cover located near the front windshield pops up frequently. But, overall, the car is in good shape.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Has lasted for 30 years. Still going strong with 169,000 miles. Great gas mileage. Has been a great car. Would buy a Honda again. I just now need a bigger size like a CRV or HRV. A great size fits in tight spaces. Everything still in good working order except air conditioner has had problems last several years but believe the garage where being repaired put in inferior parts. Have even slept in it for 8 days and seven nights when camping with my dog. It worked wonderfully well since I had electricity at campground. Again, Honda still great cars!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Honda is a trustworthy brand. I have had several Hondas and they never disappoint. So I was happy to see that the new security features I wanted came standard on the 2019 Civic. And they work like a charm. I sometimes use the Adaptive Cruise Control even in the city. It works perfectly even at low speeds. The Lane Protection feature does not quite make this a self-driving care, but it's on track. The back camera has a great resolution and can be set to several levels of zoom. The car is a tad bit low, so it's not as easy as others to get in and out of. It has a large trunk space. I wish it had more USB ports to connect all my devices. And more cup-holders. The dashboard is configurable and the menus are fairly easy to navigate through.

Original review: July 24, 2020

Honda Civic that is less than 2 years old, under 35k, and still completely under warranty. Honda will not cover the $2000 repair bill. Spacing on front grill is too large which resulted in a rock getting in and damaging the AC condenser $750. Clearly a design flaw. All four brakes rusted, another $1,200. Honda takes no responsibility.

Original review: July 19, 2020

I own 2018 Honda Civic hatchback sport. I have power steering light, brake light, traction control light coming on. I took it into Honda. They said they fix it. But after a week the lights on my dash come on. I paid $293.00 to have them reset it. It didn't fix anything. I call 2 different shop. They said it could be a electrical issue. I look up recalls on my car. The power steering electrical pump causes the problem I'm having. I have no DTC codes when I hook my own scan tools up to it. Honda knows about these problem. They should just fix all the problem. Before they sell these cars.

Original review: June 13, 2020

Long gone are the days where Honda built great affordable cars that would last. Bought a brand new Civic. Not even a month later I could hear rattling on passenger side. 2 trips to the dealership and they couldn't figure out the issue. Drove me nuts so I started taking things apart where the sound was coming from. Turns out it was a loose screw inside passenger seat belt box. Took it back and they were like "oh, you're right, you should be a technician for Honda." At 8k miles, the ac started to blow warm. Turns out Honda has bad condensers and compressors. At 11k miles, the car's front looked like I blasted it with pellets because how weak the paint is. At 15k, window motor went out. Honda also now has a oil dilution problem on its Earth Dreams engine where gasoline ends up in your oil. At 20k miles, I cut my loses and moved on from this car. I always felt something would go wrong. I highly doubt this car makes it past 100k miles.

Original review: May 22, 2020

On 5/14/2020 my 2015 Civic Exl with 74k miles in it was totaled by an engine fire. That afternoon, I parked my 2015 Honda Civic EX L in my driveway and took groceries in the house. I came back out within a few minutes For the rest of the groceries and there was a fire starting in the front of the engine (battery area). The battery was installed less than 9 months ago at a Honda Dealership at a cost of 177.00. Car went up very fast and the firewall was inadequate, had I been driving when this happened I wouldn’t have survived. I live close to the fire station and the truck was there within minutes.

I start doing research at NHTSA website and now find out Accords and Odyssey’s were recalled for battery/engine fires, why not civics? My civic was within the dates for the accord fires. I contacted Honda corporate and they deny any possible problem and declined to help. Dealership service department denied any knowledge of engine fires in any Hondas, so I referred them to the recall info on NHTSA site! I have had other Honda vehicles and I am very disappointed it this and the way they responded. Their ‘case manager’ was dismissive and basically told me they didn’t care what I put on social media (I posted pictures on their FB page). I will never again advise anyone to buy any Honda. Wish I could post all the pictures cause it’s scary how fast that car burned.

Original review: April 5, 2020

The single worst vehicle I've ever used. In three years...4 times the vehicle decided to lock me out. The 'mechanical' key that comes out of the fob is only for looks and only works with the electronic computer in the car. The battery is too small to handle the ' improvements' and you need to plan to buy a new battery every year. Galpin Honda will lie and come up with a myriad of excuses to not fulfill the warranty even if you buy the extended one. Stay away from new and used Civics (as far back as 2016). Honda is relying on a past good reputation and quit making quality or caring about customer service.

Honda Civic Company Information