3.92/5
Based on 53 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

261 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 31, 2018

When I first bought the car I brought it home and parked it in the driveway. I got up the next day and the battery was dead. So the following month my car was sitting out front and the windshield have cracked. Not only that but the phone connection in the car do not work. Actually I thought by nowadays every car would come with CD player but not Honda. Also on the side of the doors the vinyl was discoloring from the Sun. Not real happy about that. Tried Armor All it didn't make one bit of difference. But on the bright side after fixing everything that was wrong with a brand new car. It actually had a lot of pep. I've always had Hondas because of the durability until this one.

Original review: May 31, 2018

My Honda Civic was a great car but it was not what I wanted so I sold it and purchase an Accord by Honda. This is the size of car that fits me. Not too little not too big.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 30, 2018

This my third Honda so I obviously love them. Had the 84 Accord, 88 Prelude and now the 2015 Civic. This last dealer, however, Colonial Honda in Dartmouth, MA really stank. Later a garage mechanic said they are the worst Honda dealer in New England!

Original review: May 30, 2018

Any Hondas are well built. We have owned Civics and CRVs. Honda just like any manufacturer will not be dependable if not well maintained or driven into the ground.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I love the car and I highly recommend it. I just don't like the dealership I purchased it from. It's sporty and economic, and I have only had 1 problem with it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: May 28, 2018

One of the top two cars I’ve ever owned. Reliable, durable, great fuel economy, low cost of ownership. Our dealer Rusty Wallace in Knoxville is by far the best dealership I’ve ever done business with as well.

Original review: May 27, 2018

2008 model Civic LX had a terrible paint job. Supposedly a recall was ordered, but we were never informed. When I finally contacted Honda about it, they stone-walled me on any remediation for the failed factory paint job. The air-conditioning system has had issues too, but overall, the vehicle has been reliable.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I actually have a 1996 Civic and it is still running beautifully with only minor repairs in the 10 years I have owned it. I get people asking if I want to sell it all the time. It is unusual because it has a manual transmission and a sunroof. It has 175,000 miles on it. It’s a great car.

Original review: May 25, 2018

My Honda is over 10 years old and has less than 60,000 miles on it. I have a great mechanic that I take it to and it runs like a new car. I love it When someone is driving behind me so close that if I have to put on brakes quickly they'll go right into the back of me, I wait until we are at a stop light and when it turns green I leave their new car in the dust!

Original review: May 24, 2018

Fantastic car 2008 Honda Civic LX Coupe. Handles superbly, great gas mileage 32mpg, an exciting car to drive, does everything you expect and more. Should last 10 more years. Honda builds great cars. You get far more than you pay.

Original review: May 23, 2018

This auto has excellent gas mileage for a gasoline powered vehicle and its size. The body style is up to date, no longer the mundane average look of the past. Honda service has been exemplary.

Original review: May 22, 2018

The ride is great... Handling feels good but the electronics has more glitches than I can even mention. Currently it is in the shop but from everything I read on the Internet, these problems are more software and software integration related. The service department folks are nice but I think and suspect these problems are beyond their capability to truly fix. This car needs major software updates to fix bugs.

Original review: May 21, 2018

We have only had the 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback LX since July. It handles and rides great and everyone who has seen the car thinks it is sharp. On the first long trip it got 43 miles to the gallon. The car has excellent brakes and the 174 hp engine is more than enough power. If this is like other Hondas it will hold its value.

Original review: May 20, 2018

The only issue I have with is with the entertainment screen/System. It has frozen on me once after less than a year of ownership. The other issue is that, although my phone is synced to the system, when I use my phone's gps, the voice guidance does not work. Other than that, I am happy with this vehicle.

Original review: May 19, 2018

The quality of the 2006 Honda Civic was disappointing compared to previous Hondas and Toyotas I owned. The engine blew at 80 thousand miles and it required too much maintenance and repair work to make it worthwhile to purchase another one.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I recently purchased a 2012 Honda accord. After driving my GMC Envoy this was a great step down. I don't know why people are so in awe of this car. It rides rough and when it goes into econ it jumps. It has nowhere near the feeling of handleability I have had in other previous cars. Hope to get rid of it soon and go to GMC or Chevrolet.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Love this car. It handles and rides very well and and you don't feel the bumps of the road. And it has lots of options, although it's not a fully loaded car. It has all I need and want.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Was very happy with my new 2013 Honda Civic when I first purchased it. I loved the look and the infotainment. Gets good gas mileage too. Then within the first 3 years, the paint started to chip throughout and the paint on the roof started to fade; little things -- like the door handle cover fell off; the under engine cover has fallen off twice -- that lets me know the car is not very well-made. The fading paint on the roof has been taken care of by Honda through a recall.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Handling and performance is excellent. Very enjoyable car to drive. Contrary to consumer reports entertainment system works well - should have volume knob however.

Original review: May 9, 2018

My first car I purchased in the 90s. For a compact car it served me well. It survived being stuck in beach sand for one. Since it was a small car some folks essentially helped carry it out of the sand pit. I drove through snow and ice plus all kinds of weather. I got a decent trade value when I replaced with my next car a Ford Taurus. As Honda kept its value.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Honda Civic is very reliable and I'd buy another one, but why? This one is still good. Now has 143K miles on it and I bought it Dec. 2011. Need to clean the inside though!

Original review: May 8, 2018

Could never see left side behind me... felt like I was playing Russian roulette. Also, the trunk was too small... could never put anything of worth in it. Overall, hated this 2014 Honda Civic!!!

Original review: May 7, 2018

I have had 5 Hondas and one Toyota, I will not ever buy another Toyota. Hondas while not perfect are much better value, and more reliable. I do wish that they would have more color selection though.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Never worried with durability or longevity with Honda’s. She runs well, the speedometer is the only issue for me. But they changed the design soon after. Dash lights up nicely, heated seats and backup camera are great. Turning is great and the safety features as well. Cleaning is simple and trunk compartments are a breeze to lift and move stuff around. This vehicle takes little time to warm up in the winter too. Great mileage and MPG, easy on my car insurance. Great first car for young adults in their 20s. Fully loaded this car is not ideal for acceleration but it still delivers awesome MPG with max passengers and trunk full. Drove 3 1/2 hours up north (MI) and still was over 30 MPH with two passengers but lots of luggage. Added weight was appx 400-440 pounds.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I was in a 1999 Honda Civic which was struck in the front driver's side by a van. I was going about 35 and the van 15 mph. Neither my seat belt or the airbags deployed. I got a TBI and am disabled because of it.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I have a Honda Civic Hybrid and if the Inverter wasn’t under warranty, I would have been out $2K! Also, it’s under powered for my liking. Getting on the freeway is especially difficult as it takes longer to get up to speed.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Honda has a great line of vehicles. All dependable. We presently own two Hondas (2015 Civic EX & 2011 Accord EXL V-6). These vehicles last for years. Our previously owned 2001 Honda Accord EXL V-6 had over 140,000 miles as a trade in in 2011. Service technicians are top rated.

Original review: May 2, 2018

The Honda Civic has good mileage, comfortable, and decent foot room from either the drivers or passenger side. Not terrible from the backseat. It's a stylish, snappy little car that gets about 30 to 35mpg with reasonable driving. I'm 6'6" and 260lbs... 'space' and head room are important. It's worth a test drive if you want good mileage, and some space. Oh, and that trunk... dang, it's deceiving and can hold one heck of a lot of stuff, and with the center of the backseat hole folded down, a couple pairs of snow skis can fit INSIDE the car, with four adults inside the car. I would absolutely have another of these.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Honda Civic is a reliable car that's reasonable priced. The lifespan of the car with proper maintenance and care is remarkable. It’s safe, too. It’s not a very stylish car but it never failed me... I never had major issues with my Civic. Even after putting in so many miles, it still good to drive. Also, the interior is roomy and comfortable.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I only had the Civic for a couple of months, but it is quick, agile and fairly quiet. The fuel mileage is great... 38+! The turbo is a great addition to this engine and you will notice no turbo lag at all, hit the gas and goes. Fit and finish are very good. I really like the car and think it's a great value for the price!

Honda Civic Company Information