Honda Civic
  • 1 star
Based on 125 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Honda Civic

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 5, 2017

218 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

2012 Honda Civic EX = Unreliable junk - 5.5 years old car. At 56k miles the alternator breaks down. At 60k miles the starter breaks down. After being a loyal Honda/Acura driver for years, I will not touch a Honda again. Would rather drive a boring but reliable Toyota.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

We purchased a brand new, 2017 Honda Civic Turbo Sport, electric push start, in July. It was a great car - completed all the surveys from Honda favorably. September 1st we had our first problem. We went out first thing in the morning and the sunroom was 1/2 open and all 4 windows were 1/2 down. We didn't leave the windows down. We thought someone had broken into it. I notified the sales rep. A week later on Sept. 7th, my husband walked the dog around the car; all windows were up, key fob in the HOUSE. The next morning was pouring rain, and yep, all 4 windows were down and the sun roof wide open, car soaked. The real nightmare was trying to get the dealership to help, with drying out the car and to find out what was wrong with the car.

Unbeknownst to us, this is a common problem that Honda has known about since 2008, according to the service manager. We were given the line that if you put the key fob in your pocket, "something" could press on the Unlock button, and cause the windows to go down and sunroof to open. We bought an extended warranty, and neither the regular warranty nor the extended one would help us. We were blatantly told it was our fault, and this was an insurance claim, and with the $500 cost to dry out the car, $50 for diagnostics charge, and however much for a rental car (oh, we couldn't get an appt. until Monday as it was the first day of school and a lot of people had booked time off!), we're looking at over $1,000.

We ended up calling another dealership, and we got the car in on Friday - the next day. They were helpful, sympathetic, and hooked the car up to diagnostics - for free. They also put the car in their detail shop and did some work on drying out the car (there was an inch of standing water in the cup holders, so you can imagine how much rain got in there). In the end, they couldn't find a problem with either the key fob or the car, but the change in attitude more than made up for what we went through with our original dealer. So, a word of warning - if you have a Honda Civic, DO NOT put the key fob in your pocket or purse. If you believe Honda, something could hit this button and make your windows go down on their own. Goodness only knows where you're supposed to carry your "keys" if the fob is that sensitive.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

My Civic is great on gas mileage. It's fun and sporty looking and I just feel like I'm in a dream when I'm zipping from one place to another listening to the music. I feel safe.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I have always been a Honda fan, I have taken my Hondas over 200k and close to 300k and had people knock on my door and buy them. I have 2 civics and a crv, I love my 2002 crv I bought for $2500 a couple years ago, and I loved my 99 civic my son now drives BUT I don't like my 2011 civic. Before my car was 3 years old all and I mean every piece of rubber trim failed, around the windows and I am talking about door window rubber and seals inside and outside, the windshield seals and rubber just flew off while driving down the freeway and then one day I heard an awful slapping sound only to find the rubber below the trim on the roof had also failed and just tore off in the wind. The clear coat to plastic coat on the black trim on the door just bubbled up and started flaking off. The visors also broke and cant be turned up so it is a driving hazard. The center console latch failed and no longer shuts.

Oh and the ac it runs warm when I'm at a stop and cools when the car move. Honda said the ac problem is just the way that car's ac works. Honda refused to do anything about any of the rubber trim because my car was 3000 miles over warranty and then they asked me what I wanted. I told them if they just gave me the rubber I'd have someone replace all of it. The estimate was $200 for each door window, that's $800, then I have to replace all of the other rubber seals and fix console, visors and replace the peeling blistered black trim on doors. By the time my car was just under 3 years old I was looking at about $3500-4000 in repairs. So I was looking at about an additional $350 a month in repairs for this piece of junk.

My sisters 2010 Honda Accord had the same problems. My '99 civic and 2002 crv do not have this problem. Looks like I will turn to Subaru next. Honda you have lost a loyal customer, I have 108 cousins and informed all of them they passed on my complaints to their children. Honda all you had to do was give me the seals but clearly my business is not important to you, I warn any and all consumers to NOT BUY HONDA.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I have a 2017 Honda Civic Ex-L. Love this car! I went from a 2015 Toyota Corolla best decision I ever made! The car is a month and a half old. The week after I bought it I took it in due to an air sound leak in the driver window. Service said yes it is there and they changed the weather stripping. I got the car and it was still there. I took the car back in a week later. I drove with the technician and he said, "YUP I can hear it." They tightened the door again but it's still there. You hear it going down the road, not in town. I drive an hour each way to work every day so it is like a Chinese torture chamber! Air is not coming in but I can hear it.

I'm going to go to the dealer bad drive a couple civics they have on the spot and see if they have the same problem. Then I will decide what to do. I may call Honda and tell them. I am not spending my hard earned money to hear wind coming in my window! I have never owned a car that this has happened to. I was on some other sites and people were having the same issue! Sounds like a Honda defect. But I do love the car! Not sure if anyone else is having the same issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

We just got a 2017 Honda Civic with the key fob and push button start. The car can be shut down in any gear by bumping the button on the dash. If you are driving down the road and need to turn on the wipers and bump the start button the car totally shuts down and you lose any control turning or stopping it. Also when you shut the car off while you can shut it down in any gear while thinking it is in park. You even lose control of the parking brake. The start button is so close to the wiper/washer arm. When the tilt steering wheel is in the down close position it is on the state button.

I went back to my dealer and they did not believe me until they drove the same car they had in stock, everybody was surprised to see the cars shut down while they were driving around the dealer lot. I was on my way home from picking the car up, when I stopped to get something out of the trunk and shut it off. When I got out it started to roll and we could not stop it. The dealers said they will have to let new owners know of this when they are delivering and reviewing the controls. This is a accident waiting to happen.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I bought a Honda Civic 2006 from my dad, however it seems that it has been leaking antifreeze (coolant). After taking it to Honda they explained that there was a extended warranty because many engine had the same issue I had. After they explained that the warranty was only for 10 years I then stated that they never told me this, and I would have gotten this fixed when I found out about it if I was notified. They stated they do not send additional notifications even if the ownership of the car changes.

Note: My dad did not receive a notice about this as well since he was not the original owner. I then stated to them I am about to have a daughter, and do not want a issue of my car over heating because me either not to be able to provide for my newborn or for this issue to cause me to have to pull off the side of the road and have my new born wait in the heat which could be hazard to her health.

They stated there is nothing they can do and it's their policy not to send out extended warranties and that I should call every time I buy a used or new car to see if there are extra warranties due to ALREADY known issues. Now I have to either A) play chicken and keep driving (which I will have to do because I do not make enough, or have enough to obtain a new motor which they stated would be 5k or B) somehow find 5k. I Did not know Honda cares more about 5,000 dollars which most likely costs them a lot less than they do about my newborn daughter, and my family which will be at risk if something does not happen.

Original review: July 4, 2017

I am writing this review because of the danger our family was placed in this past weekend while on the road. We were on a highway and it started to pour. I turned on the windshield wipers at their full speed, and noticed immediately they were sluggish... but I could still drive and see ahead of me. However, at one point, the blades stopped wiping and got stuck in the up position... I have never been more scared in my entire life!!! I couldn't see the road ahead of me on a three lane highway during a downpour of rain in Florida!!! Thankfully it occurred to me to turn the wipers on and off and that did the trick. However, the wipers have not worked since. It is a brand new 2017 Civic. I have driven it for only 30 days. Taking it in for service tomorrow. But I just had to write this review in case someone else experiences that same horrible ordeal.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I've always heard comments about how great Honda cars are, better than all American brands, simply the best! Well, when Honda decided to redesign the Civic I really liked the new style, because the old one lasted for many years looking the same, so this one looks awesome. I always get good compliments about how pretty this new style looks. So I decided to finally get my first brand new Honda, and oh oh, I thought that Honda had good quality, maybe the machine and all that performs well, but what about the rest?

I noticed after I purchased it that the gas door has dents from pressing it to open and close. The car got a few dents quickly, that's how fragile the body of the car is. Then, I noticed that the carpet under the back seat is loose. It's coming off from one side, and now, well they decided to put this buttons on the back of the rear seat with the child's seat logo and mmm for what? I don't know... They have no use, just buttons, 2 on each seat. Well, a couple of days ago one of them came off, and now there's a hole on the seat. Who had the idea to put the damn buttons? For what???

I will complete the first year with the car next week and I'm having all these problems already. This is not my first new car, but it's my first Honda, and it's new! And already have problems with it. I had other brand new cars and never had a problem with them nor mechanical or product quality-wise until after maybe the 4th year. I'm not sure if I'll ever buy another Honda, but so far looks like I won't. But most definitely will be looking for all these details in the new cars to come.

Original review: July 1, 2017

I bought my 2013 Honda Civic which purported to get 28 mpg. Since the first month I complained to Honda that the car is getting max 21 mpg and usually 20. They did a "test" drive and told me it gets combined "50" mpg. I complained several more times and they did a "reset", and still rarely even get 21 on eco. I don't do quick accelerations, etc. My local Honda Service Department manager said "all test drives come back at 50 mpg". That tells me that Honda is pulling a hoax. They must have a program in their computer, somewhat like VW, that when tested it gives false readings. Otherwise I like the car comfort and handling but this gas mileage fraud bugs me every day. I purchased and own this vehicle.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I bought a 2009 Honda Civic. Last year I had my car detailed and the detailer saw several cracks in the paint on top of my hood. I called up Honda to report it and they told me they sent out a recall for me to get it fix and they've now terminated the recall. I asked them to explain how they can terminate the recall and I still have the problem because I didn't get the notice. They just said they sent out two notices and that's that. I was so mad because it was compounded by the fact that my ac is not working properly and they claimed that my Honda Care warranty is up. I'm just learning that the clock on Honda Care doesn't start when these crooks sell you it. It started when the first buyer bought the car. So if you buy your 0 year old used car, and these crooks sell you Honda Care, it's only for 1 year. They'll never tell you that.

Original review: June 19, 2017

One of most reckless and careless company. Having 2003 Honda Civic ex. Even though well maintained but constantly get over heating. Most of this car has engine problems that Honda knew about it (head gasket). Please if any class action or complaint could be taken to attorney general or senator I will be glad to help. At least they should be charge with "consumers fraud".

Original review: May 21, 2017

Purchased a brand new 2013 Honda Civic EX, still slugging away with it. Always had a bog issue when starting from a stop, turning left at major intersections, very dangerous. I have taken it back to the dealership many times and they claim no one has had this complaint (so therefore it's not real in this vehicle?). Does not come up on their code machine, very hard to replicate it on a short test by technician as it is intermittent, I NEVER know when it is going to happen. Also, MPG NOT as Honda claims it to be. Never purchasing another Honda again.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I bought a new 2007 Honda Civic for my daughter because of the high quality reputation of the Honda brand. My daughter preferred the Volkswagen beetle but I convinced her that Honda would be a better quality product. Boy was I wrong. I am almost tempted to list the things that have not gone bad to simplify the task. However, it is probably best for me to list all of the problems we encountered with this car. My daughter NEVER want to have anything to do with Honda.

Soon after the warranty ran out the CD player failed. The dealership recommended we purchase a CD cleaner from RadioShack which we did to no avail. It never worked since. The visors (yes the sun visors) broke. I went to the dealership and they replaced both of them for free making it sound like it was a huge favor. Well, soon after, the new visors failed as well. They kept falling in your face as they would not stay up. I came up with a Velcro solution which still works but looks awful. The paint began to peel and turn white (the car is black). We then found out about a class action on the paint. Honda repainted certain section of the car per the class action but did not paint the back trunk or the sections leading to the roof. Now the car looks awful with certain sections peeling and white. The AC failed in year 4 which I had replaced by Honda. It is still working today.

There was a class action on the front brakes. It seems that they are too small for the vehicle and the brake pads wear out very quickly. The class action provided financial relief if you submitted invoices. But since I replace my own brake pads I could get anything. The rear tires were wearing out prematurely (cupping). The tire shop told me to go back to the dealership to have the car inspected which I did. Honda charged me $50 to confirm the there was nothing wrong.

A few months later, there was a class action on this problem with repairs covered by Honda. I never received a refund of the $50 or remedy for the damaged tires. In the first 2 years, the battery failed. Honda replaced it free of charge. Then the battery kept failing and Honda kept replacing the battery free of charge every time. I can't remember how many times we had to go to the dealership to have the battery replaced. Last week, (5 years after the last replacement) the battery failed. It was still under warranty but I instead purchased a Costco battery. I can't remember anything else but I am sure I am forgetting many other more minor problems. Honda for us = very poor quality. Never again.

Original review: May 1, 2017

Bought car new in 2007, RECALLS INCLUDE: engine block, passenger safety airbags, visors, rear control arm. EXCESSIVE TIRE WEAR - At 96,000 miles I am on set #4 of tires with no reimbursement. Tires should last about 60,000 miles per tire, not 25,000. Had rear control arm replaced and has NOT solved the tire wear. I got $0 reimbursement on the Tire issue recall because I had not recorded the tire wear - well, I didn't know there was a problem!!! Hello!!!

HONDA NEGOTIATED A GREAT DEAL FOR THEM, NOT THE CONSUMER... I'VE READ THAT HONDA WAS AWARE OF CERTAIN ISSUES BEFORE THEY sold the car!!! Unacceptable. Now I have an oil leak that may NOT be covered under the new 10 yr extended ENGINE warranty - because of faulty engines!!! Another $800 or more repair! Service is telling me before they even see the engine that it may NOT be covered under warranty.

Original review: April 23, 2017

Have 2015 Honda Civic. Many issues. Poor design, unsafe federal mandates designed to make car safer that seriously cause dangerous performance. Poor performance in several areas. The worst problem is the Federal Mandate affecting the braking and acceleration functions. Supposedly, this is now on all autos. If one is a two footed driver and the accelerator is engaged at the same time or close to the time of using the brake pedal the car will cut out, stutter, become sluggish. If this happens during a turn driver may be caught in the intersection and get T-boned. This is going to require Congress to act I suppose, but it is very dangerous.

Now, the Civic has a inadequate A/C, gas mileage, engine power. The backup camera is not adequate and does not aid in backing up often. Does not cover the area well. Does not reveal the area in certain lighting conditions. Driver cannot see what car is close to on any side due to poor design. Rear speakers and headrests block view. Dashboard lights reflect on window if they are turned on high and interferes with sight. Bucket seats are so low driver cannot see well. Overall design of instrument panel and functions is difficult and not logical. This has been the worst car I have ever owned; new or used. Terrible, terrible design and performance. Honda offered a $100 coupon. Nothing done outside this. Still a crappy auto. Attorney needs to sue the federal government over the brake/accelerator issue before many people are killed.

Original review: March 28, 2017

I purchased a 2013 Honda Civic new in spring of 2013. I have kept up proper service and maintenance and the car has thus far ran and operated fine. My problems with the vehicle lie mainly with cosmetic issues to this point but leave me worried about the long-term durability of the rest of the car. Not long after the 3 year mark (yes, soon after the expiration of the factory warranty) I started noticing cracks in the side window moldings. ALL of them. I contacted my dealership and was told they would contact Honda Corp and let me know. Honda denied any coverage to fix the situation. I let time lapse and figured it was just something I had to deal with.

Around 3.5 years I noticed some slight fading in the cowl panel and the steering wheel started to show signs of slight pitting much like that of a car many, many years old would show. I dealt with it still but contacted my dealership again to express my concern and dissatisfaction of this. After several contacts via phone and e-mail dealer again says Honda Corp will not rectify this situation. I try to contact Honda directly and they send me back to my dealer. So after several attempts with both my dealer and directly to Honda, Honda still would not cover this repair. Car is now 4 years old and looks much older due to what is very plainly lack of proper UV protection on the plastic and rubber parts indicated.

I made all the described contacts before I mentioned any amount of frustration to anyone outside the dealership or Honda. Since they are unwilling to fix a situation so plainly caused by poor quality components they placed on the car at the time they built it, I want to now describe my situation to others in case it helps them to make or not make a particular decision in a new car purchase. Honda's quality has clearly declined in what was likely an effort to save manufacturing costs and they will not rectify this problem. This plainly will lead to much lower resale values of their cars due to cosmetic issues (if that is all it ends up being). I have in the past had other Honda vehicles and 2 of those had the dreaded Honda transmission troubles. I tried them again and now have the issues described above. I will be trading this car for another brand and will not purchase another Honda in my foreseeable future.

Original review: March 2, 2017

It is and will be really bad experience to purchase any Honda car. On the third day after purchasing the Civic 2017, the car had water leaking after the first rain. Water penetrated the seals inside the driver's front door and drop out from the place where the plastic door panel meet the metal of the door. After this, water just kept penetrating the door once it rained.

Now, both dealership and honda company refuse to do anything. They kept saying this is normal, but they are not letting you know why water went to the place between the two seals on your door and the door frame. Their reason is that it is common for honda cars. Apparently, this is not common for other companies' cars which do not use the stupid weather strip design.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

2016 Honda Civic, EX, 2.0 Engine, Auto Trans 2k miles - Traded in my 2014 Accord LX with only 15k miles because I really wanted the 10th Gen Civic, everything I have read was highly positive. The new Civic in town is a pretty awesome little car with good acceleration and very agile. Fuel mileage in town averages 32 mpg without Eco. With Eco I average 29 mpg around town, no, that is not a typo. Unlike my 2014 Accord that would average 39 mpg Hwy with Eco the best I have done in the Civic is 34 mpg with or without Eco. Now, I only have 2000 miles on the car so who knows how or if things will change. Nevertheless, the Eco system in the Civic does not seem to work or it works backwards. I took it to the dealer for this issue and was informed the car has no issue as it has not displayed a engine fault code. Additionally, they have no way to test the Eco system.

When I asked about the poor freeway mileage the dealer's response was the vehicle is working within the listed fuel expectations. Worse, at 70 mph there seems to be a lag in light acceleration between 1800 - 2500 rpm's. After noticing this lag I stumbled across an engine vibration about 2100 rpms in park. You can feel this vibration, if you can't open your door or hood and feel those vibrate or watch the door start vibrating when the engine is between 2000 - 2500 rpms, most likely 2100. When I addressed this with the dealer service department I was informed that is normal, now, this is a very noticeable vibration that is not present under 2000 or over 2500 rpms. I asked the dealer to reproduce this vibration in another like vehicle and to my surprise the vehicle they randomly picked had the same very noticeable vibration.

I can't help but think this vibration has something to do with the poor fuel mileage on the frwy because 2100 rpms is about the speed of the motor when the vehicle is at 80 mph, however, I don't know how to prove it. This Civic also has some frustrating electrical Idiosyncrasies. Android Auto nor Honda Link will work with my Samsung Note 4 despite Honda of America and the reps of Android Auto stating the system should work with the note 4. My wife's Apple phone works just fine with the Civic. The USB's both center console and storage compartment between the seats will often not detect a device like an Ipod. However, by simply turning off the car and making sure the electrical system turns off then restarting the car generally solves this issue, you may have to repeat this two or three times.

Honda of America field rep. stated there should be a flash coming out very soon to address these issues but it is not out yet. Who would have ever predicted you would have to reboot your car? In no particular order is the electrical issue of the parking lights. If you want to leave your parking lights on, leave and secure your vehicle for whatever reason, here is a surprise... you can't. The automatic light shut off system overrides the manual parking light setting. Even if the automatic light mode on the steering column is not selected or turned to parking lights. In setting you can only change the timing of the automatic light shutoff not turn it off. The dealer states the Civic does not have a manual setting parking light feature. When did manual parking lights become a feature?

My biggest complaint with the challenged electrical oversight is the operation of the key fob. You press unlock once to unlock driver door and twice to unlock all doors. I like this feature and that is pretty much the standard operating process for most cars with key fobs... that is.... unless you have a 2016 Honda Civic EX that has the ability to change how the door handle unlocking operation works. With the state of the art electronics on the Civic you can change how the driver door handle unlocks the car. The settings are "open driver only" or "open all doors" which by itself is pretty cool. But again, the automatic stuff has unlisted consequences.

If you set the door handle to open driver door only this setting changes the way the key fob unlock system works, as you can no longer open all doors by pressing the key fob twice. I cannot find anywhere in the manual that suggest the separate unlocking systems override the other. As of this date I have not yet addressed this with the dealer.

Driveability; This car handles like a go-kart unless you are driving on a concrete freeway with water deflecting grooves. On normal asphalt highways at highway speeds, 70 - 80 mph this Civic does ok, but keeping it in a lane takes a conscious effort. You can let go of the steering wheel and rest assured this Civic will select its own path which is rarely straight. Worse, add a concrete surface with grooves and the ride becomes anything but groovy, in fact, it's a white knuckle ride especially if you are within a few feet of a k rail as the car pitches side to side. Also, for those that drive at high speeds (000) be prepared as you decelerate, especially if deceleration is rapid, you might have to use a little extra force to ensure the car goes in the direction of your choice.

In close, more disappointing than the few issues I have experienced with the 10th gen Civic is the customer care from Honda of America. Honda being a Japanese company has somehow failed to pass along to their American counterparts the Japanese pride in both company and workmanship. In my opinion Honda of Americas management represents the brand poorly. Honda of America makes no relevance of their customers' dedication, and in my case investing twenty-four thousand dollars in the brand they represent. This is a large chuck of change and should command the respect and desire to insure their customer receives a car that works as intended.

My experience, Honda of America is very good at evading responsibility regardless of the investment in their brand. Sadly, with this car I have missed out on the historic value in this brand. If you are using this car for in-town driving it's certainly a fun car to drive around town, but, as an owner I cannot recommend the 2016 Honda Civic EX for all uses, and I fall short of understanding how it receives such high marks from well-known reviewers.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I recalled from what I saw on my laptop screen. Stunned. Saddened. Disappointed. All the emotions a person cycles through when they are betrayed by someone they trust. I wanted to deny the validity of what I was reading and not be burdened with the truth. Yet there it was, detailed in endless harsh reviews. The signs were visible, like the Clear Coat chipping off the Honda's roof. I pointed this suspected problem out to someone who would be able to confirm or deny. However, my concerns were dismissed and the onus put squarely back on me. "It's because you didn't clean off the bird ** in time", he said.

Eventually, the entire roof had shed its protective coating. I knew it would have taken a freaking Pterodactyl sized creature to ** off that much Clear Coat, but I didn't follow up. It couldn't have possibly been a known defect, right? They would have told me if there was a factory recall instead of my just being a victim a fecal assault?

But then last night happened. I answered the phone to my daughter's panicked voice. Daughter: "I need help! I'm trying to turn left on Red Bank and the steering wheel won't turn! HELP!!!" Me: "Call the police, I'm on my way." Daughter: "HELP!" The phone disconnected. I grabbed my keys. The police car flashing lights guided me to exactly where on Red Bank the cars steering went out. Thankfully, she made it into the turn lane and was not stranded mid-turn, vulnerable to oncoming traffic. Thankfully, she was standing safely on the side of the road and not being extracted by the jaws of life or on the road covered with a sheet. We were both a bit shaken, thankful that such a freak happening ended without injury.

But here's the thing: Freak happening my ass. As it happens, the steering lock was caused by a cracked engine block - a known defect. There was a recall in 2010. And the Clear Coat thing? Also, a recall. We were notified of neither even though we purchased the car as a Certified Used Car from a dealer and had returned multiple times to the same dealer for service. Honda, you broke my heart. This was our third Honda purchase, which says a lot since we keep our cars for a long, long time. I trusted you. But you produced a sub-standard product and knowingly didn't do the right thing. Then, you endangered my child, which produces the deepest sense of disgust. Never again.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

Engine block cracked due to faulty Honda part. My car (2007 Honda Civic EX coupe) broke down last night due to what I have now found out being a cracked block. Honda apparently sent out a notification of extended warranty to consumers back in 2010 & again in 2014. I NEVER received notification either time. I contacted the dealership & American Honda only to be told that the extended warranty coverage for my car ended on 9/6/16. They will not honor the warranty now.

I only drive to and from work. My '07 has only 95,556 miles on it. It has not been driven enough to cause the block to crack due to normal wear and tear. This is not my fault. Honda is obviously aware of the "FAULTY" part they put on my car, hence the extended warranty they have issued to consumers. I should not have to replace my engine due to their negligence in not notifying me. I would have taken my car in as soon as notified if I would have received something about the issue.

I take great care of my car. I have owned 3 Hondas and am appalled at how they are not helping me. This issue should really have been a national recall & not a simple extended warranty that most people didn't get notified of. I have seen numerous forums of the same thing I am going through happening to others. I took pride in my Hondas & now feel very let down & cheated by AMERICAN HONDA.

I also went through the same issue with the paint job peeling off. Never got notification of that either. A friend told me about it after seeing how bad my car was peeling. I contacted Honda only to be told the same thing, my extended warranty period had ended 4 months prior to my calling. I ended up paying on my own to have my car painted. I really hope an ATTORNEY sees this & can help us consumers out that are dealing with faulty Honda issues. Had I known the faulty visor, faulty paint & faulty cracked engine block was going to happen due to Honda's negligence, I would have NEVER BOUGHT THIS CAR.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

Me and my 19 yr went to purchase her a 2017 Honda Civic right before Thanksgiving. After only a few days of having the car the radio would freeze up, so she took it to the svc dept and was told that they had to reset it 2 times in the first month. The carpet starting coming up in the back on the floor and they said they fixed it. Today I noticed the carpet coming from underneath the seat toward the floor and we took the car to Honda. They asked for the mileage on the dash and we were told they would order new carpet for it.

Then few minutes of leaving the dealership all the lights and everything that lights up on the dashboard went completely out. We could not see anything. It was blank so called before we went back to Honda and they told us that they had never seen that happen before and they would contact a tech to see what they would say but they reset something and should be fine. Let me remind you this is a 2017 that only had 7 miles when purchased. We have spent more time taking this car to the dealership with numerous computer issues and also the carpet. I spoke to the finance manager who said "just keep all this documented and this should not be happening". I would not refer nor will I recommend anyone to them or Honda ever!!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I’m a single parent. Bought my daughter a 2006 Honda civic so she would have a reliable auto to get back and forth to college. 2 months after having the low mileage car, the block cracked. We contacted Honda when we found the issue and seen where the warranty was extended for 10 years. Well guess what? She missed it by 1 month. OF COURSE SHE DID. They knew exactly when these would go bad. Well they refused to fix it and here we are. Out a lot of money on a piece of Junk. We had to do a temporary fix with the crap you put in the radiator. This is so unfair to any consumer. They knew these were bad and yet they refuse to fix them. What steps do we need to do now?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

For the vehicle year, it would not allow me to select 2016, so I selected 2015, even though my car's model year is 2016. I recently leased a '16 Honda Civic LX sedan, and I read at least a couple of reviews of it on Motor Trend, Car and Driver, etc., and these automotive magazines describe it has having a "sporty" steering feel. Unfortunately, that has not at all been my experience with this car. Right from the get-go, the steering felt extremely loose, vague, numb, etc. Especially when I drive on the highway, it is very difficult to keep it going straight, as if I hold the steering wheel in the center, the car will slowly drift leftward, and I keep on having to correct it toward the right to keep it going straight.

In other words, there is absolutely no on-center feel, so the car essentially drives like an old, beat up clunker. There is also a loud knocking noise coming from the front right wheel whenever I hit a bigger bump, and no dealership seems to be able to figure out which component is responsible for the noise. I have taken it to 3 dealerships multiple times, and no mechanic seems to be able to find the problem, which is downright frustrating, especially since I don't feel safe driving this car on the highway.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

I own a 2006 Honda civic which got the engine cracked. Called the Honda number. They said that the extended warranty is passed 10 years already. They won't cover the repair. That sucks cause I loved Honda but now I'm very disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

This is my 2nd Civic & my experience with them has been excellent. The Civic looks great, feels great & drives beautifully. Other than general maintenance I have experienced no problems with these cars. They are reliable and maintain a good resale value. I have an older 4 door model and a new 2 door model. My feeling is that the 2 door is more attractive, but the 4 door is more convenient. I am excited about the new Honda Hatchback coming out in 2017. These are great cars.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

Our Civic Hybrid has around 45000 miles on it and hasn't had any major problems. It gets decent mileage but not as good as Honda rated. It rides rough and has a lot of road noise. It is also sluggish pulling out into traffic. The original tires only lasted for about 16,000 miles. It's also hard to get in and out of and ground clearance is too low.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

It is a 2016, so hard to tell how it will be in 5 years, but so far love it! I did a lot of research looking for a car that was agile, quick, easy to drive and attractive. The Honda Civic won by heads and tails. It is all the things I wanted and affordable. I put a blanket down on the back seat and there is room for my two 50lb dogs to lay down. Highly recommend.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

After 8 years with this car, I haven't had one problem. I have good mileage at approximately 32 miles to the gallon of regular gas. For a Civic, it has a lot of trunk room. More than other cars I have driven!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

I've been reading a lot of negative reviews of Honda automobiles, the majority of which concern vehicles from 2000 to 2015. Maybe Honda slacked off in the new millennium but my 1996 Honda Del Sol has been fantastic since I bought it in 1998 with 22k miles on it. It now has 327,000 miles on it and I'm still using the original clutch! While I simply cannot recommend Kendall Honda (in Eugene, OR), the car itself has been great. The exhaust manifold was recalled and I had that replaced twice (it's since cracked again but my car has too many miles on it for the manifold to qualify for a recall a third time, apparently), and I've replaced the timing belt and fuel pump every 70,000 miles and it just keeps cruising along. Great car!

Honda Civic Company Information