2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Shop on Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.03/5

The Honda Civic is available as a coupe or a hatchback. Read more Honda reviews to learn about other models.

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Honda Civic Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Civic?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Civic?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I buy a Civic Ex on 2016 because the looks and gas efficiency but after 40k miles a/c start fail and blow hot air only....Try to fix myself because warranty expires. Went to a/c shop but they told me a/c condenser maybe or compressor about $2500 out of my pocket!! After I research for same problem found a thousands of civics with same issue, call American Honda company and they do not have any recall for the issue and I went crazy in summer. Is too hot in California....Seriously think not buy any more hondas....

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

My 2017 Honda civic had an ongoing beeping when turning on/off the car. Took it to the service department and they fixed it but did not documented. I was unaware they did not document issues if it does not make it to the back of the service department. Right when the warranty expired it started making the beeping noise and the air conditioning/heater was making a loud noise after the filters were changed.

I called to report the noise and again calls were not recorded. I contacted Honda of America to get the car diagnosed and the "regional representative EDWIN" was rude, and biased. I felt harassed. From the beginning, he told me that it was my responsibility to take the car in even if we were in a pandemic. After several call, I asked to speak to his supervisor. Supervisor Kanisha called me back after 1 week. She read the notes and they were completely false documentation with statements I did not say. I told Kanisha since the calls were recorded, to review them.

I decided to pay the fee and to my surprise, it is a factory defect of the "condenser" and is under warranty. For the beeping, they showed me how to reset the alarm. Honda of America is by far the worst in customer service and they don't help you. Honda warranty doesn't come close to Toyota's warranty. I regret purchasing 2 Honda's 2017 and 2018. Now I have to be praying they don't break down as the warranty sucks and the customer service is rude and harassed me with questions of exact date, times and representatives' names. How am I supposed to remember all that?? Nor did I know they do not record every visit in the system. I do not recommend a Honda to anyone, unless you want to be dealing with broken/defective parts and poor customer service from Honda of America.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 24, 2020

Honda Civic that is less than 2 years old, under 35k, and still completely under warranty. Honda will not cover the $2000 repair bill. Spacing on front grill is too large which resulted in a rock getting in and damaging the AC condenser $750. Clearly a design flaw. All four brakes rusted, another $1,200. Honda takes no responsibility.

Original review: July 19, 2020

I own 2018 Honda Civic hatchback sport. I have power steering light, brake light, traction control light coming on. I took it into Honda. They said they fix it. But after a week the lights on my dash come on. I paid $293.00 to have them reset it. It didn't fix anything. I call 2 different shop. They said it could be a electrical issue. I look up recalls on my car. The power steering electrical pump causes the problem I'm having. I have no DTC codes when I hook my own scan tools up to it. Honda knows about these problem. They should just fix all the problem. Before they sell these cars.

Original review: June 13, 2020

Long gone are the days where Honda built great affordable cars that would last. Bought a brand new Civic. Not even a month later I could hear rattling on passenger side. 2 trips to the dealership and they couldn't figure out the issue. Drove me nuts so I started taking things apart where the sound was coming from. Turns out it was a loose screw inside passenger seat belt box. Took it back and they were like "oh, you're right, you should be a technician for Honda." At 8k miles, the ac started to blow warm. Turns out Honda has bad condensers and compressors. At 11k miles, the car's front looked like I blasted it with pellets because how weak the paint is. At 15k, window motor went out. Honda also now has a oil dilution problem on its Earth Dreams engine where gasoline ends up in your oil. At 20k miles, I cut my loses and moved on from this car. I always felt something would go wrong. I highly doubt this car makes it past 100k miles.

Original review: May 22, 2020

On 5/14/2020 my 2015 Civic Exl with 74k miles in it was totaled by an engine fire. That afternoon, I parked my 2015 Honda Civic EX L in my driveway and took groceries in the house. I came back out within a few minutes For the rest of the groceries and there was a fire starting in the front of the engine (battery area). The battery was installed less than 9 months ago at a Honda Dealership at a cost of 177.00. Car went up very fast and the firewall was inadequate, had I been driving when this happened I wouldn’t have survived. I live close to the fire station and the truck was there within minutes.

I start doing research at NHTSA website and now find out Accords and Odyssey’s were recalled for battery/engine fires, why not civics? My civic was within the dates for the accord fires. I contacted Honda corporate and they deny any possible problem and declined to help. Dealership service department denied any knowledge of engine fires in any Hondas, so I referred them to the recall info on NHTSA site! I have had other Honda vehicles and I am very disappointed it this and the way they responded. Their ‘case manager’ was dismissive and basically told me they didn’t care what I put on social media (I posted pictures on their FB page). I will never again advise anyone to buy any Honda. Wish I could post all the pictures cause it’s scary how fast that car burned.

Original review: April 5, 2020

The single worst vehicle I've ever used. In three years...4 times the vehicle decided to lock me out. The 'mechanical' key that comes out of the fob is only for looks and only works with the electronic computer in the car. The battery is too small to handle the ' improvements' and you need to plan to buy a new battery every year. Galpin Honda will lie and come up with a myriad of excuses to not fulfill the warranty even if you buy the extended one. Stay away from new and used Civics (as far back as 2016). Honda is relying on a past good reputation and quit making quality or caring about customer service.

Original review: March 17, 2020

My 2018 Honda Civic Si has been in the shop three times since December 2019 with a fuel problem - first two trips covered under warranty now Honda wants me to pay even though the problem started while under warranty. First time - fuel pump replaced. Second time - relay's replaced. Third time - fuse box and wiring harness. Have purchased 9 Honda's since 2000 and was considering a new 2020 Pilot. Now over $500 Honda is willing to let me go to another auto company. $172 in parts and $332 in towing - this will be the last Honda product I purchase.

Original review: March 9, 2020

I bought a Honda Civic Sport, 6-speed, a year ago. When I went to the dealer, he did not have a sport, 6-speed on the lot; and, one was not ordered. I dealership 50 miles away was expecting one within the month. I asked to get the premium sound and navigation system. Was told it was not an option for the sport model, I had to get another model, but an automatic. Didn't want an automatic. I figured the sound couldn't be that bad. NOT. I had the speakers replaced and, wow, the speaker magnets that came with the car were very lightweight. During the buy, I was told the car came with Android Auto. Yep. It came... and then it goes. The navigation through Android does not stay connected. Was told by Honda Tech that I had to disconnect Bluetooth. I did. Nada. No difference. After about 20 minutes, the navigation might stay connected, but no guarantees.

Oh, did I tell you I also wanted Sirius/XM? I couldn't get that either. Had to go to an after-market kit and have it professionally installed. Now, I got a little dot on my trunk instead of one of those cool looking shark-fin antennas. The fix, all Honda had to do was give me the option to PAY for an upgrade. Instead they said, "Nope, we don't want your money." What a way to do business.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I bought my 2019 Honda Civic Sedan (trim just right below touring). It’s been great on gas, runs good, safety features are nice but there are some issue that need to be fixed. When you turn on the right blinker and the camera shows the side of the vehicle (great feature) but it stays for quite a bit of time and cause an issue when you have a navigation system on and cannot see the directions. As far as the lane departure this is great until you are on roads that barely have lines or you are have to merge and it starts jerking you to a specific side causing a fight between you and your vehicle. When you press the brake hold for use during traffic.

Also a great feature but also has its downfalls. It kicks back when you brake and move forward. It almost feels like the car behind you bumps your car. Front safety brake is slow to alert you when you’re getting too close to a vehicle and it does not brake for you. Big issue. Every safety feature seems to be slow and not really useful in real time. But happy Honda finally made safety a priority and hope they will continue to fix all of the bugs and issues.

Honda Civic Company Information