2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.96/5

The Honda Civic is available as a coupe or a hatchback. Read more Honda reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Honda Civic Reviews

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The car has 68000 miles on it yet it still drives like brand new. No rattles and haven't had any major problems or minor either. Easy to drive and Park. Great gas mileage. But I think the spring on the driver side door is weak because the door doesn't want to stay open. It will swing back on you.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Bought it 2010, the only major repair I done is replace the brakes. Maybe because I drove mostly on highways, I only replaced the brakes twice and current mileage is just a little over 180,000. The seats are still comfortable (front and back). The only complaint I have is the inside noise. It's not loud but it is noticeable to be annoying. My next car is still a Civic but I read on your review they did not improve on the noise. Overall, I do enjoy driving it more than the 2015 Accord.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I drive a 2010 Civic Si and it has been a reliable car. With the right tires, it handles well and it's fun to drive. I have had very few problems, aside from regular maintenance on this vehicle. I have only one ongoing issue where it doesn't like to start straight away when it's very wet outside and the mechanic isn't sure exactly why. There are little things that are annoying like, the center console no longer slides freely, one of the controlled vents doesn't stay in position when the heat is on, and the side window vent cover located near the front windshield pops up frequently. But, overall, the car is in good shape.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Has lasted for 30 years. Still going strong with 169,000 miles. Great gas mileage. Has been a great car. Would buy a Honda again. I just now need a bigger size like a CRV or HRV. A great size fits in tight spaces. Everything still in good working order except air conditioner has had problems last several years but believe the garage where being repaired put in inferior parts. Have even slept in it for 8 days and seven nights when camping with my dog. It worked wonderfully well since I had electricity at campground. Again, Honda still great cars!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Honda is a trustworthy brand. I have had several Hondas and they never disappoint. So I was happy to see that the new security features I wanted came standard on the 2019 Civic. And they work like a charm. I sometimes use the Adaptive Cruise Control even in the city. It works perfectly even at low speeds. The Lane Protection feature does not quite make this a self-driving care, but it's on track. The back camera has a great resolution and can be set to several levels of zoom. The car is a tad bit low, so it's not as easy as others to get in and out of. It has a large trunk space. I wish it had more USB ports to connect all my devices. And more cup-holders. The dashboard is configurable and the menus are fairly easy to navigate through.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Civic?

Original review: May 22, 2020

On 5/14/2020 my 2015 Civic Exl with 74k miles in it was totaled by an engine fire. That afternoon, I parked my 2015 Honda Civic EX L in my driveway and took groceries in the house. I came back out within a few minutes For the rest of the groceries and there was a fire starting in the front of the engine (battery area). The battery was installed less than 9 months ago at a Honda Dealership at a cost of 177.00. Car went up very fast and the firewall was inadequate, had I been driving when this happened I wouldn’t have survived. I live close to the fire station and the truck was there within minutes.

I start doing research at NHTSA website and now find out Accords and Odyssey’s were recalled for battery/engine fires, why not civics? My civic was within the dates for the accord fires. I contacted Honda corporate and they deny any possible problem and declined to help. Dealership service department denied any knowledge of engine fires in any Hondas, so I referred them to the recall info on NHTSA site! I have had other Honda vehicles and I am very disappointed it this and the way they responded. Their ‘case manager’ was dismissive and basically told me they didn’t care what I put on social media (I posted pictures on their FB page). I will never again advise anyone to buy any Honda. Wish I could post all the pictures cause it’s scary how fast that car burned.

Original review: March 17, 2020

My 2018 Honda Civic Si has been in the shop three times since December 2019 with a fuel problem - first two trips covered under warranty now Honda wants me to pay even though the problem started while under warranty. First time - fuel pump replaced. Second time - relay's replaced. Third time - fuse box and wiring harness. Have purchased 9 Honda's since 2000 and was considering a new 2020 Pilot. Now over $500 Honda is willing to let me go to another auto company. $172 in parts and $332 in towing - this will be the last Honda product I purchase.

Original review: March 9, 2020

I bought a Honda Civic Sport, 6-speed, a year ago. When I went to the dealer, he did not have a sport, 6-speed on the lot; and, one was not ordered. I dealership 50 miles away was expecting one within the month. I asked to get the premium sound and navigation system. Was told it was not an option for the sport model, I had to get another model, but an automatic. Didn't want an automatic. I figured the sound couldn't be that bad. NOT. I had the speakers replaced and, wow, the speaker magnets that came with the car were very lightweight. During the buy, I was told the car came with Android Auto. Yep. It came... and then it goes. The navigation through Android does not stay connected. Was told by Honda Tech that I had to disconnect Bluetooth. I did. Nada. No difference. After about 20 minutes, the navigation might stay connected, but no guarantees.

Oh, did I tell you I also wanted Sirius/XM? I couldn't get that either. Had to go to an after-market kit and have it professionally installed. Now, I got a little dot on my trunk instead of one of those cool looking shark-fin antennas. The fix, all Honda had to do was give me the option to PAY for an upgrade. Instead they said, "Nope, we don't want your money." What a way to do business.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I bought my 2019 Honda Civic Sedan (trim just right below touring). It’s been great on gas, runs good, safety features are nice but there are some issue that need to be fixed. When you turn on the right blinker and the camera shows the side of the vehicle (great feature) but it stays for quite a bit of time and cause an issue when you have a navigation system on and cannot see the directions. As far as the lane departure this is great until you are on roads that barely have lines or you are have to merge and it starts jerking you to a specific side causing a fight between you and your vehicle. When you press the brake hold for use during traffic.

Also a great feature but also has its downfalls. It kicks back when you brake and move forward. It almost feels like the car behind you bumps your car. Front safety brake is slow to alert you when you’re getting too close to a vehicle and it does not brake for you. Big issue. Every safety feature seems to be slow and not really useful in real time. But happy Honda finally made safety a priority and hope they will continue to fix all of the bugs and issues.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Bought a 2006 Honda Civic in 2013 for our son. A month after buying, we received a warranty extension on engine block cracking. We were sick over it, and angry that Arrowhead Honda didn’t disclose; as it was an issue since 2010. Arrowhead Honda assured us that any issues would be taken care of. Fast forward December 18, 2019. Guess what? Cracked engine block on a 2006 with 129,000 miles! Since it’s conveniently out of warranty extension, American Honda will do nothing.

Arrowhead offered $1000 cost to us to replace block, then pulled that and said Friends and Family discount at a cost of $3,400. On a 2006 civic? Not worth it. We would have paid the $1000 to fix block only. All that was needed. This great car is garbage and we are out money. After the bait and switch from this dealership, I would never buy from them. We’ve previously bought four Honda’s from Arrowhead Honda. Looks like the fam loves Toyota now. Hope lost business was worth it!

Honda Civic Company Information