2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Shop on Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.03/5

The Honda Civic is available as a coupe or a hatchback. Read more Honda reviews to learn about other models.

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Honda Civic Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Civic?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Civic?

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I bought my 2019 Honda Civic Sedan (trim just right below touring). It’s been great on gas, runs good, safety features are nice but there are some issue that need to be fixed. When you turn on the right blinker and the camera shows the side of the vehicle (great feature) but it stays for quite a bit of time and cause an issue when you have a navigation system on and cannot see the directions. As far as the lane departure this is great until you are on roads that barely have lines or you are have to merge and it starts jerking you to a specific side causing a fight between you and your vehicle. When you press the brake hold for use during traffic.

Also a great feature but also has its downfalls. It kicks back when you brake and move forward. It almost feels like the car behind you bumps your car. Front safety brake is slow to alert you when you’re getting too close to a vehicle and it does not brake for you. Big issue. Every safety feature seems to be slow and not really useful in real time. But happy Honda finally made safety a priority and hope they will continue to fix all of the bugs and issues.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Bought a 2006 Honda Civic in 2013 for our son. A month after buying, we received a warranty extension on engine block cracking. We were sick over it, and angry that Arrowhead Honda didn’t disclose; as it was an issue since 2010. Arrowhead Honda assured us that any issues would be taken care of. Fast forward December 18, 2019. Guess what? Cracked engine block on a 2006 with 129,000 miles! Since it’s conveniently out of warranty extension, American Honda will do nothing.

Arrowhead offered $1000 cost to us to replace block, then pulled that and said Friends and Family discount at a cost of $3,400. On a 2006 civic? Not worth it. We would have paid the $1000 to fix block only. All that was needed. This great car is garbage and we are out money. After the bait and switch from this dealership, I would never buy from them. We’ve previously bought four Honda’s from Arrowhead Honda. Looks like the fam loves Toyota now. Hope lost business was worth it!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The car has 68000 miles on it yet it still drives like brand new. No rattles and haven't had any major problems or minor either. Easy to drive and Park. Great gas mileage. But I think the spring on the driver side door is weak because the door doesn't want to stay open. It will swing back on you.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

The most beautiful, affordable car is the 2016 Honda Civic. The other models just are sub esthetically pleasing. My car consistantly gets 34mpg and is huge in comparison to most compact cars. I love the onboard computer that tells me the efficiency of my driving. I wish that the inside wasn't quite as tight around the front seats.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Bought it 2010, the only major repair I done is replace the brakes. Maybe because I drove mostly on highways, I only replaced the brakes twice and current mileage is just a little over 180,000. The seats are still comfortable (front and back). The only complaint I have is the inside noise. It's not loud but it is noticeable to be annoying. My next car is still a Civic but I read on your review they did not improve on the noise. Overall, I do enjoy driving it more than the 2015 Accord.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

It is a good first car, reliable and, easy to maintain. It has a good fuel economy. It would definitely fit most people. However, after three years of driving it, I would like to drive something more luxurious.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I drive a 2010 Civic Si and it has been a reliable car. With the right tires, it handles well and it's fun to drive. I have had very few problems, aside from regular maintenance on this vehicle. I have only one ongoing issue where it doesn't like to start straight away when it's very wet outside and the mechanic isn't sure exactly why. There are little things that are annoying like, the center console no longer slides freely, one of the controlled vents doesn't stay in position when the heat is on, and the side window vent cover located near the front windshield pops up frequently. But, overall, the car is in good shape.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Has lasted for 30 years. Still going strong with 169,000 miles. Great gas mileage. Has been a great car. Would buy a Honda again. I just now need a bigger size like a CRV or HRV. A great size fits in tight spaces. Everything still in good working order except air conditioner has had problems last several years but believe the garage where being repaired put in inferior parts. Have even slept in it for 8 days and seven nights when camping with my dog. It worked wonderfully well since I had electricity at campground. Again, Honda still great cars!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

The Civic is a great value. It has a very comfortable ride, gets great mileage and is very cost effective. Very reasonable in the maintenance area and very stable in the highway. I have had three of them and will be getting another in the future.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I was so happy with my 2012 Honda Civic. My Civic is black and one or two years back my car start getting white spots. I thought was because was too hot and the heat was damaging the color (even that is not logic). Like 2 months ago someone told me the Honda paint have a problem (I didn't know and Honda never informed of that). Honda have a extension warranty for the paint. I was surprise like I said I didn't know this problem exist on Hondas. Apparently the don't paint the cars good just trying to get more out for sale.

I went to a dealer and explain the situation. They said they will send my information and pictures to Honda. Well they don't. Will not do it because I'm out of the time for 3 or 4 month. I'm so disappointed on this. Why I never will get another Honda. They are no true with their customer and I don't want to go aging thru all this problem. if you get a Honda Make sure is no a Problem that need to be fix.

Honda Civic Company Information