Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
3.88/5

Honda Civic

The Honda Civic is available as a coupe or a hatchback. Read more Honda reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

301 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 14, 2018

My overall experience with this Honda Civic is good. It is affordable, reliable, comfortable and stylish. It has automatic windows and a Bluetooth to connect to my phone which I enjoy for hands free communication. I like the automatic locks, the interior design, and the dashboard display. Does have 4 wheel drive or automatic lights. However, it has small cup holders in the center and the new civic model is more appealing than this one which is a 2016.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I really like the 2012 Honda Civic. It is not too big and perfect for me. I feel like it is an easy car to maneuver. It is also a nice color that is just eye catching. It is a really beautiful car. But it doesn't have many updates technological features such as a GPS. This requires me to purchase a separate GPS for my car which is such a big hassle and expensive on my side. But I like the seats and the side cameras. The seats are a nice leather material which make cleaning the car much easier.

Original review: June 13, 2018

A small marvel, the Honda Civic Del Sol, was bliss to drive and own. And I chose this car for the hardtop convertible feature. The 5 speed tiny car with big get up and go perfectly suited my personality and needs for a car. The gas mileage was dreamy. I often made a 5 hour road trip on one tank of gas. The Del Sol came in Red, Black, White, Green, and Royal Blue. And I chose the blue and never regretted my decision. I love the electric roll down rear window both with the top on and with the hardtop off. Because it is a hardtop convertible with a locking mechanism to store the hardtop in the trunk, the insurance does not reflect a normal/high insurance premium for a convertible. It is a style icon. A classic Honda retired by Honda, too early in my opinion, is a joy to drive. This car was luxury on a strict budget.

I would improve the blind spot on both rear window views, the location on the center console cup holders, center glove box, etc due to a tad too far back for comfortable use without taking my eyes from the road. Also, I would make the hardtop latch and release levers more durable as mine needed replacement two times in ten years.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I love my Honda Civic, 12 years and no major repairs. Really worth the investment. I was impressed that it looks so cute and sporty. It had a lot of airbags and safety issues stressed for a smaller car. The price was pretty affordable and easy to drive too. Tried a Toyota and it didn't run as well and wasn't as sporty. However, the air conditioner is not always working and not too cool. Frustrating but the only big drawback. I hope Honda fixed this big fault. We have 2 cars same issue. Other than that, I now want to buy a Honda van next.

Original review: June 12, 2018

The Honda Civic hybrid is my husband and my first hybrid purchase. My husband was looking for a compact car. He was going to be working out of town 6 days out of the week and there was the perfect car online at a great dealer's website. It has saved us so much gas! It's so amazing how the car doesn't use gas when it comes to a stop. The battery is quite expensive to replace though. And also, I would have the front window smaller. When the car sits in the sun, it heats up fast. Also when I lay the seat all the way down, it is very uncomfortable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Civic?

Original review: June 11, 2018

The vehicle itself was a very cheap option and supposedly reliable too as well. It had great safety features which is important to me. The seats were comfortable and the tires were good. The car didn't last a full 24 hours. I got it on Sunday and drove it to work on that Monday (30 miles). During that trip the car broke down three times and I didn't even make it home or to work that day and it has to be towed home and the mechanic said it couldn't be fixed. It wouldn't go over 30 mph and it was ugly as hell. I would not recommend the Honda Civic even to my worst enemy.

Original review: June 10, 2018

The car is really comfortable and is the perfect size. It's super basic and easy to start off with for beginners. Specifically for me since I barely started driving. I love how everything is so simple to use and self explanatory. The steering wheel is so easy to turn and it really helps me with the driving. It makes driving really fun. I'm so grateful that I was able to get my hands on the Honda Civic. It's perfect and beautiful.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I am happy with my purchase. It handles well in the snow and had ample power. It is very easy to drive and I love the backup camera which makes parking a breeze. I like the brake hold for when I'm in traffic. I also like that it has a large trunk and that it tells me when maintenance is needed. But I do not like the fabric on the console or indoor handles. I wish it had a cup holder for the back passengers. I also wish it had more leg room and the chargers were easier to get to.

Original review: June 8, 2018

My overall experience with the Honda Civic has been good. For me the car is efficient and high tech, but not too crazy or out of my comfort zone. I like the digital panel with Bluetooth, Android driving compatible features, and charging ports. The sunroof is also a great addition. However, the keyless ignition is a bit troublesome at times and make the experience less fun.

Original review: June 6, 2018

It's a very popular model. And the car feels very safe and reliable. I like the compact size of the car and it's comfortable. But I would like for the design of the car to be more modern and sleek, since it currently looks more traditional and bland. I would also like better gas mileage for the model. But overall the car is convenient and the driving experience is smooth.

Original review: May 31, 2018

When I first bought the car I brought it home and parked it in the driveway. I got up the next day and the battery was dead. So the following month my car was sitting out front and the windshield have cracked. Not only that but the phone connection in the car do not work. Actually I thought by nowadays every car would come with CD player but not Honda. Also on the side of the doors the vinyl was discoloring from the Sun. Not real happy about that. Tried Armor All it didn't make one bit of difference. But on the bright side after fixing everything that was wrong with a brand new car. It actually had a lot of pep. I've always had Hondas because of the durability until this one.

Original review: May 31, 2018

My Honda Civic was a great car but it was not what I wanted so I sold it and purchase an Accord by Honda. This is the size of car that fits me. Not too little not too big.

Original review: May 30, 2018

This my third Honda so I obviously love them. Had the 84 Accord, 88 Prelude and now the 2015 Civic. This last dealer, however, Colonial Honda in Dartmouth, MA really stank. Later a garage mechanic said they are the worst Honda dealer in New England!

Original review: May 30, 2018

Any Hondas are well built. We have owned Civics and CRVs. Honda just like any manufacturer will not be dependable if not well maintained or driven into the ground.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I love the car and I highly recommend it. I just don't like the dealership I purchased it from. It's sporty and economic, and I have only had 1 problem with it.

Original review: May 28, 2018

One of the top two cars I’ve ever owned. Reliable, durable, great fuel economy, low cost of ownership. Our dealer Rusty Wallace in Knoxville is by far the best dealership I’ve ever done business with as well.

Original review: May 27, 2018

2008 model Civic LX had a terrible paint job. Supposedly a recall was ordered, but we were never informed. When I finally contacted Honda about it, they stone-walled me on any remediation for the failed factory paint job. The air-conditioning system has had issues too, but overall, the vehicle has been reliable.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I actually have a 1996 Civic and it is still running beautifully with only minor repairs in the 10 years I have owned it. I get people asking if I want to sell it all the time. It is unusual because it has a manual transmission and a sunroof. It has 175,000 miles on it. It’s a great car.

Original review: May 25, 2018

My Honda is over 10 years old and has less than 60,000 miles on it. I have a great mechanic that I take it to and it runs like a new car. I love it When someone is driving behind me so close that if I have to put on brakes quickly they'll go right into the back of me, I wait until we are at a stop light and when it turns green I leave their new car in the dust!

Original review: May 24, 2018

Fantastic car 2008 Honda Civic LX Coupe. Handles superbly, great gas mileage 32mpg, an exciting car to drive, does everything you expect and more. Should last 10 more years. Honda builds great cars. You get far more than you pay.

Original review: May 23, 2018

This auto has excellent gas mileage for a gasoline powered vehicle and its size. The body style is up to date, no longer the mundane average look of the past. Honda service has been exemplary.

Original review: May 22, 2018

The ride is great... Handling feels good but the electronics has more glitches than I can even mention. Currently it is in the shop but from everything I read on the Internet, these problems are more software and software integration related. The service department folks are nice but I think and suspect these problems are beyond their capability to truly fix. This car needs major software updates to fix bugs.

Original review: May 21, 2018

We have only had the 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback LX since July. It handles and rides great and everyone who has seen the car thinks it is sharp. On the first long trip it got 43 miles to the gallon. The car has excellent brakes and the 174 hp engine is more than enough power. If this is like other Hondas it will hold its value.

Original review: May 20, 2018

The only issue I have with is with the entertainment screen/System. It has frozen on me once after less than a year of ownership. The other issue is that, although my phone is synced to the system, when I use my phone's gps, the voice guidance does not work. Other than that, I am happy with this vehicle.

Original review: May 19, 2018

The quality of the 2006 Honda Civic was disappointing compared to previous Hondas and Toyotas I owned. The engine blew at 80 thousand miles and it required too much maintenance and repair work to make it worthwhile to purchase another one.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I recently purchased a 2012 Honda accord. After driving my GMC Envoy this was a great step down. I don't know why people are so in awe of this car. It rides rough and when it goes into econ it jumps. It has nowhere near the feeling of handleability I have had in other previous cars. Hope to get rid of it soon and go to GMC or Chevrolet.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Love this car. It handles and rides very well and and you don't feel the bumps of the road. And it has lots of options, although it's not a fully loaded car. It has all I need and want.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Was very happy with my new 2013 Honda Civic when I first purchased it. I loved the look and the infotainment. Gets good gas mileage too. Then within the first 3 years, the paint started to chip throughout and the paint on the roof started to fade; little things -- like the door handle cover fell off; the under engine cover has fallen off twice -- that lets me know the car is not very well-made. The fading paint on the roof has been taken care of by Honda through a recall.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Handling and performance is excellent. Very enjoyable car to drive. Contrary to consumer reports entertainment system works well - should have volume knob however.

Original review: May 9, 2018

My first car I purchased in the 90s. For a compact car it served me well. It survived being stuck in beach sand for one. Since it was a small car some folks essentially helped carry it out of the sand pit. I drove through snow and ice plus all kinds of weather. I got a decent trade value when I replaced with my next car a Ford Taurus. As Honda kept its value.

Honda Civic Company Information