Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes
3.63/5

Honda Accord

The Honda Accord is available as a sedan and a hybrid. Read more Honda reviews to learn about other models.

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

312 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I was driving my 2018 Honda Accord Touring 2.0 when it suddenly had a hard time accelerating. The car seems to have a hard time shifting and trouble accelerating. On the way to the dealer all the warning lights came on and the trouble accelerating continued. When I arrived at the dealer (Honda of Denton) a mechanic told the service advisor that it was "turbo lag" and normal. It's not turbo lag when the car has a hard time shifting and doesn't accelerate.

I left that dealer and went to another Honda dealer 20 miles away and I'm still waiting for a diagnosis. So this new car with only 5200 miles that I purchased to have reliable transportation is not. I wasn't offered a loaner or a rental so I'm out a car until they decide to fix it. This is supposed to the North American Car of the Year and I'm starting to regret buying it. Emails to Honda of North America go unanswered, it's very disconcerting that a company will not stand behind its product. I feel like now that I bought I'm on my own. Last Honda ever!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Very worried of its reliability. I bought a 2018 Accord Touring brand new with 3 miles in May 2018: 4 days after purchasing the vehicle, a piece of plastic stripping on the side of the windshield came loose while driving on the highway – got replaced under warranty. About two months later we realized a stain on the windshield mounted camera black housing. Dealer inspected it and found the windshield to be leaking. They tried to seal it for a whole day and they were unsuccessful, they put me in a loaner for an extra day while they replaced the entire windshield. Two days ago, I opened the glove compartment and it could not latch back. So I’m now driving in a 6 month old car with a duct taped glove compartment till I can find time to go back to the dealer.

This morning while driving to work in the rain, I realized that the windshield that was just replaced is leaking. This is our first brand new car and we never imagined these many issues within 6 months. Our worry is, how did this vehicle get past QC? More importantly, if we are seeing these many issues within six months, what is in store for us when our 3 yr/36K miles warranty expires? Any advice on what I need to do with the vehicle? It really seems unjust to spend all this money and be spending my Saturdays at the Dealer waiting for vehicle to be fixed.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Leased brand new 2018 Honda Accord Ex. After just 15 miles had check engine light come. Had to take it back to the dealer. After 800 miles the steering wheel is off center. I have been very careful driving. I know I have not hit any potholes. I am so disappointed. I should have gone with my first choice of Mazda.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Purchased this car 3 months ago traded in 2016 Accord Touring was well satisfied with 2016 car. 2018 does not circulate air in the driver's under dash vent in automatic mode, on a long drive my feet get hot. Dealer told me to use the manual mode to direct the air to under dash vent. 2016 worked fine on automatic. No other problems at this time. The Honda Sense is better on the 2018, would recommend for any new purchase!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

My 2017 Honda Accord Sport has less than 7,000. I recently noticed a swooshing noise coming from front tires. Took it to the dealer and was told that it is the rim beading moving along the tire and that a Honda is aware of the problem, but doesn’t have a fix. The issue is getting louder and if Honda is aware they should fix it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Accord?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

October 7, 2018: After all the paint problems, and they finally get me a car that didn’t have paint damage. New problem with my 2018 Honda Accord. Supplemental Restraint System Problem light on before I even left the dealership with my new car at 7 miles. I told the dealership I would not take a car that had this problem. They assured me it was an easy fix, and something was just unplugged. When I go pick up the car after the supposedly easy fix, the light is off. Within 24 hours, the light is back on at 95 miles. My brand new car has sat at the dealership all week, and they have been unable to fix the car. They have been on the phone with Honda for days. A part was shipped from Honda overnight. Wonder if and when my brand new car will be fixed???

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I have a 2014 Honda Accord with 63,000 miles on it. My starter began acting up on me a few weeks ago. I have to push and hold it like 7-8 times before the car will start, sometimes it takes me 20-30 minutes to leave the parking lot from work or a grocery store! I took it to Lucas Honda of Jacksonville and they quoted me close to $700 to get it fixed. They acted like they were not aware of the thousands of people, nationwide that are going through the same thing. They need to issue the recall already! What are they waiting for? My nephew in Tampa has the same car and they replaced their starter two months ago, thank God it was under warranty! Honda is ruining their reputation. I will make sure to warn everyone NOT to buy a Honda.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I have Honda Accord 2018 model. There are several issues I found with this car within a 3 month. Problem-1. Honda Sensing Collision Mitigation System Malfunction. If you are driving on cruise control the wheel suddenly stop functioning with cruise control and you will no longer will able to use the cruise control option. (I am telling you it's a Pain.) If you want to reuse this option you have to stop the car and restart. ***No guarantee it will work after that also.

Problem-2. Car mirrors will open half automatically (Half open). It happen with me three times. While the CAR is in parking the mirrors open automatically. Wrong Mileage Information. Sometimes the car will show wrong Mileage information. It happen with me several time. Example: When you start the car it shows mileage 60 Miles per gallon :) and the mileage will decrease slowly. Problem 4. This car doesn't come with the standard function of blind spot detection. I realize blind spot detection is must have feature.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I have a 2018 Honda Accord with the Honda Sensing Collision Mitigation System Malfunction That causes the car to slam on brakes for no reason putting me at risk for injuries due to a rear end collision. Honda knows about this issue and issued a recall before on the Acura but now claims that they have never had any reports on the issue.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

My husband and I bought a used 2012 Honda Accord in 2015 for its reliability. It had approximately 20,000 miles on it in 2015 when we bought it from CarMax three years ago. My husband uses the car for his long commute to work. Last month, the car started making a noise under the hood from inside the engine. It seemed to only happen when it was running for a while and the engine was hot.

We took it to the dealer (Honda of Murfreesboro) in order to have it checked out since we did not want to have an issue while driving on the highway for safety reasons. Initially the dealer couldn't find anything wrong because they did not run it when it was hot. We wanted them to take a second look at the car because we felt they could not find it since the car was not hot when they looked for the issue. They were very agreeable to take a second look. Since it was a Saturday, (8.25.2018) they kept it over the weekend to be examined on Monday. The dealer let us know on Monday (8.27.2018) that the timing chain needed to be replaced at the tune of $2,702.56. Not the timing belt - it was the timing chain. Naturally, we were shocked since this car was purchased for its reliability.

It was true that the car had 135,000 miles on it but it had its oil changed regularly and was well maintained. The last car we had was a GM with 275,000 miles on it and it never needed a new timing chain. Our other car - a 2009 Dodge Journey with almost 140,000 miles on it did not need a timing chain... We feel this should have never happened to a car of this age and mileage that had been well maintained. I would like to point out that the dealer's Service Advisor, Jordan ** answered our questions patiently and calmly both over the phone and in person. He told us that this is a rare occurrence and does not normally happen to these cars.

We voiced our concerns about Honda's reliability and he was kind and patient explaining that they could not find any reason behind it. Its just one of those things. I appreciate Jordan's patience with our questions but the fact remains that a 2012 Honda Accord needed to have the timing chain replaced for almost $3,000 dollars. The other issue is safety...we could have been stranded on the highway or the engine could have chewed itself up causing even more damage if we had not taken it to be looked at and insisted that the dealer take a second look at it just to be sure.

Given that both of our cars, have the same amount of miles on them, we have been considering purchasing another vehicle. This repair has caused us to reevaluate Honda and the car itself. I was prepared to consider giving up my Dodge that I am so pleased with due to its age but in light of this issue - I am considering trading in the 2012 - Honda for a different car that has more reliability. We are so disappointed in Honda itself. This car should have some sort of rebate or something given that this type of repair is rare. We did ask the dealer if there was something that could be done but they declined knowledge of any programs that could help us with this issue.

So, we are left with a huge repair bill and damaged trust in the Honda brand...with no remedy. Given this situation, our next car is unlikely to be a Honda. My advice to you, dear consumer is do not buy Honda - Buy Dodge or GM...looks like they both have Honda beat in reliability...My GM had 275k miles on it with a functional, safe, reliable timing chain.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I purchased my 2015 Honda Accord sedan on 02-24-2018 at 22 Honda, Hillside New Jersey with a little over 57, 000 miles on it. July of 2018, I heard grinding from my brakes, so I took it back to Honda service department and they said to me that the rear brakes are bad and needs to be replaced as soon as possible, they said I would have to pay out of pocket for that expense. I said to the service department, "How is that my responsibility since your company just sold me the car." They told me it was nothing they could for me. I thought when you purchase a car that should be checked and fixed before selling.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I have a 2010 Honda Accord that I purchased brand new in 2011. Over the past 3 years I have taken my car into 3 different shops to fix the exact same problem 4 different times. It is hard to find someone I can trust to give me an honest opinion when it comes to repairs so I shopped around. All have given the same response. My car is burning oil and I also need to replace the spark plugs (and one time all the coils). It wasn't until this last time I had enough. This was the 5th time I am going in for what I believe is the same problem.

My car misfires, idles rough and I lose power and it sputs as I am driving. I realized there has to be more to this issue and I shouldn't have to replace plugs and coils this often. I was getting my oil changes and regular maintenance when I was supposed to. This time I decided to do some research and found many people that had the same problem. In fact, there was even a class action lawsuit against Honda for this very problem. However, Honda never informed me of this issue. Apparently, during a certain time period there were certain Honda Accord models that were known to have this same issue and it is considered a "defect" in the engine and the only way to fix it is to either continue to replace the plugs, (along with any other parts this problem affects) or completely rebuild the engine.

So, this time I went to the Honda dealer to have my car looked at. They came back with the same diagnosis. For the 5th time, I had to replace the plugs. I explained what I read about the class action lawsuit and the problem I was having and apparently, the mechanic has seen other Accords come in with the same issue. However, the extended warranty that Honda granted to many Accord owners, as a result of this lawsuit, with this issue was never granted to me. I was completely unaware of this granted extended warranty and never received any notification from Honda about it.

And because I had the plugs replaced at other shops vs. the dealer there was nothing they would do in the way of covering the repair because the plugs that were used from the last shop I went to were not genuine Honda plugs or parts. That's the time I was told I could either continue replacing plugs or have the engine rebuilt. If I was aware of the extended warranty and the problem with this engine as well as the class action lawsuit, I could have had these repairs done at the dealer and I wouldn't have spent the thousands of dollars it cost as a result and the damage this issue has caused.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I've had a lot of cars over the years but this is my most reliable and least expensive to maintain, I love this car! Over 210,000 miles so far and plenty more to go.

Original review: June 23, 2018

The Honda Accord hybrid has a hesitation problem when you accelerate. It makes you afraid for your safety. It does not do it every time so the dealership is not able to locate the problem. It is the third hybrid we have owned and neither one of the others did this. They were both Toyotas and far superior to the Honda. We will never own another Honda.

Original review: June 21, 2018

The Honda Accord family offers multiple models to choose from including the playful coupe, professional hybrid or proven sedan. My vehicle makes my life more wonderful. It keeps me safe and it takes me to work, travel the world, and take the kids to practice. I love the style of my car, the gas mileage, & how comfortable I am inside my car. Your car is a set of body armor on wheels. However, I don't have any front and rear cameras. Since I have a coupe, getting in & out of the back seats are hard for me. Also, service is a little more expensive at the dealer.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I wanted a vehicle that was easy to get in and out of. I chose the 4 door sedan Honda Accord for roominess and comfort, as well as its reputation for reliability and longevity and good looks. It included all options I was interested in. But I wish it had power seats, as the manual adjustment to raise and lower seats does not stay in place. The next higher up model was more money than I was willing to spend but had it been a bit more affordable, I would have gone with that one.

Original review: June 20, 2018

The Honda Accord has been very good. I chose it because it was affordable. I really like how small it is and how easy it is to maneuver. I also like that it has a sunroof and can hold six CDs. The engine had to be replaced but the only consistent problem I have had is that the gear shift keeps breaking and the air conditioner has a leak. I also had to replace the radio. I suggest fixing the gear shift to something that works better and doesn't keep falling apart. I would also make the cover over the steering wheel to be less sticky. The car however drives extremely well and is very reliable.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My Honda Accord is a compact and a great gas saver. The car might be a little older, but I can fit it into small spaces and it has mechanically stood the test of time. It has pop up headlights which give it great character. The gas cap also cannot be opened from the outside, which is a nice security feature. But the car does not feature a single cupholder. And sometimes I get locked out of the reverse function, which is just unacceptable.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My 1995 Honda Accord wagon is my favorite car. It has the best gas mileage, has enough space for my little family, has run amazing even after being stolen, and we have never had any problems. Also, it has a sunroof, automatic windows, the back seat is roomy with enough leg room for my very tall husband and the hatchback has enough space to fit my very large dog when we take him places. We picked this car over others because of the extra space and reliability that Honda has given us before. But the automatic locks on the car malfunction every once in a while, the car is just old enough to make diagnostics and because the car is older, the radio and other technology in the car is difficult to replace.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I enjoy driving my family and friends around and have driven long distance with the Honda Accord, and find it very comfortable. As a tall woman I appreciate the leg room in this vehicle. A lot of cars cramp up my legs which is not optimal when driving long distance. The car also gets good gas mileage and has been very reliable. It looks great too. I really like this vehicle very much. I would make sure however that my next vehicle has Sirius satellite radio and a different interior color.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I love the Honda Accord! It's been a great car. The only thing I don't like is the recalls, especially the Takata airbags. I'm still waiting to have mine replaced and it's taking too long. Other than that, the car's roomy, reliable and comfortable. It's easy to drive and maintain and the controls are easy to use. I love the lines and the way it looks as well. Although the clock is a trial to change for daylight saving time. I just leave it for 6 months.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I love the 2004 Honda Accord. It drives great and runs great. It could look a bit better but that's what you get when it's over 10 years old. I have had it for a while now. It has over 140k miles on it and it has no leaks. It was my daily driver before I stopped driving for good. I like the sound system except for it saying that there is an aux port and there isn't unless you install it yourself... The gas mileage is great. I have used to for traveling both for leisure and for business. Maintenance is easy too.

Original review: June 16, 2018

The Honda Accord is one of the best models ever made. They are very strong and they last a long long time. They never break down. It keeps its value because it is a dependable car. Also, I love that it doesn't cost a lot to fix and it hardly ever has problems - just the usual rust, the normal wear and tear of tires and that paint chips a lot, oil change, spark plug and sometimes mufflers as parts get old. But even though it's getting old it's still running good and I hate to get rid of it because it still good to me.

Original review: June 16, 2018

The Accord is an awesome luxury gas saver and very smooth ride. Airbags all around, kids feel safe, and insurance affordable. Everyone always asks me to drive my car. Also, it has lots of room and seats are easy to clean. I like the back up camera, Bluetooth talk to device for phone, automatic doors locks, traction automatic, cool style and speed. Antilock brakes uses mobile extended synthetic oil. However, GPS tires wear very fast, tire indicator light cannot be manually reset, seat belt alarm does not stop even if does not have passengers, and car body could be more sturdy as well.

Original review: June 15, 2018

This has been the best experience ever! I had my Honda Accord for 3 years now. It's hitting 100k miles on it and it has hardly ever given me any problems mechanically and it never has left me stranded or struggling on the road. Except for the seat material that doesn't last too well and crinkles real easy or the rug mats, I like the other features of the car such as its great Bose speakers, big trunk and the extremely comfortable leg space in backseat. The car also has cruise control, easy signals and has shift paddles. And it holds at least 400+ miles each fill up.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I really enjoy my 2012 Honda Accord. It's a solid car and had very very few repairs. It is reliable and is known to be a car you can drive for over a decade. The gas mileage is great and it gets good safety ratings. It's very spacious too and there is a lot of storage room especially in the trunk and the glove box. It is very shiny with its silver color. The only thing is I would maybe add a moon roof on the car. Also, it's a bit hard to control the temperature. You can make it hot or cold but it is often hard to get a temperature in between.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Honda's known for its cars to last a very long time. The Honda Accord is very reliable and at almost 150,000 miles it has had very few problems. It is a good size to park and drive but not so small that you feel unsafe. It gets great gas millage and is easy to operate. I felt safe as soon as I sat down in it. It is a very solid car, with warranties. I wish it had a little more advanced tech but it is a 2009 model. I would also love a backup camera and Bluetooth which only the newer models have.

Original review: June 14, 2018

The Accord has been a great starter car and has lasted me 11 years and counting. It is in great shape and has hardly needed any work. It has been reliable and is great on gas and looked brand new. I like the way the car drives and the space in the car. I don't really care for the material on the seats, although with kids it has held up well. It just needs new paint. But other than that, love this car.

Original review: June 13, 2018

My experience with my 2015 Honda Accord has been incredible. I chose this car over many others, because it is sleek and powerful. It's the perfect car for a mother with a large family, especially with small children. Since purchasing this vehicle, I have saved a large amount of money on both gas and overall maintenance compared to my previous one. The features that I enjoy the most are the sunroof/Moonroof, heated seats, and the parking assistance. The only thing I would improve on my vehicle is to add more room in the trunk, but it is already pretty roomy. Nevertheless, I absolutely love my car.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Our Honda Accord has been very dependable and economical. It gets good gas mileage. I like the roominess in it. The Honda company also really stands behind their products. There was something that was recalled on it and it was repaired and is as good as new. I like the control panel, it is very clean and not cumbersome. There is an issue with the seats though that I don't like. They show a lot of wear and they are leather seats. I wish it would say the name of the song and artist that is playing on the radio. We had one car that had that and I really liked that. Also, we have had several Hondas.

Honda Accord Company Information