Honda Accord

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was driving and the new Accord just stopped...no warning, just turned completely off as I was driving. Took car to dealership where it was tested. They said nothing was found. This is truly disturbing because I could have been hit as there were vehicles behind me laying on their horns. I don't want to drive this vehicle again as I am afraid it will happen again. Would like to communicate with others who have had this issue.

Took my 2015 Honda Accord in for a recall. Was told that the car needed a software update to prevent the transmission from failing. All went well. Then noticed that I was not getting gas mileage like I used to. Turns out that the software update reduced my car's gas mileage by 10%!!! Went back to dealer and was told to call Honda service in California. Called California and after a big runaround was told that gas mileage depends on driving conditions! The car shows you the last four "trips" gas mileage on its inboard display. Clear as day. My mileage tanked immediately after the update. Why does Honda not take responsibility for the actions. I fell like I was a victim of bait and switch since the reason I picked the Accord over the Camry was the slight edge in gas mileage the Accord got. Now I know better. Next car's a Toyota.

My children are everything to me. So, when my husband and I decided we were going to buy a car for our son, we did a lot of research. We finally decided on the Honda Accord and bought it from Kolbe Honda on August 10, 2000. We have been active parents in terms of helping with the maintenance of the automobile. The key to start the car began to deteriorate until it broke. The replacement and reprogramming cost over $160.00. I called Honda to speak with someone because I feel we should be reimbursed. After all, without the key, the car cannot be driven.

In an effort to find a representative from Honda was nearly impossible. I wrote to someone in the Public Relations department who finally gave me the name of a representative. In the beginning, she was very polite, asking a million questions and indicating they were going to do everything to resolve the issue. I wrote a lengthy email, included the repair report along with the invoice, made many follow-up calls, etc. The claim was filed on 9-16-2016. She told me it would take 6 weeks for a Case Manager to review the claim.

Last week, October 26th, 2016 someone else from Honda called indicating that they would NOT be able to reimburse us. No reason given. When asked to speak with someone else, no names were released; not even a Manager's. We also had an issue with a recall. The recall notice was mailed explaining that until the replacement air bag parts came in; no one should be sitting in the passenger seat of the car. It took many months until we were moved up the list for the parts to be ordered. In fact, when my husband took the car in for the key repair, that's when Honda expedited our air bag replacement order. We are a family of four with friends, family and many connections. Since there are many choices to make when buying a car; I would believe that positive promotion would surpass negative. When you call Honda, the automated response says, "Thank you for being a part of the Honda family." I certainly don't feel that way.

This has been a painstaking process and we are still not reimbursed with what clearly we should be! PLEASE TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE! An automobile costs thousands of dollars to purchase and the key should never fall apart and if and when it does, you should be reimbursed. Has anyone else had this problem?

I have a 2013 Accord that was bought new in Dec 2012. I have had the seat trim repaired 4 times and have been told that Honda will not repair this problem anymore. It has broken again and the dealership cannot explain why. I have been told how good these cars are but this car has been junk at best. The dealership has told me that I need to get in and out of the seat in a different manner in which I did what they ask and it's broken again. When I bought this car there was no "instructions" on how to get in and out of the car and I am very frustrated with no good answer to this problem. Unless Honda can give me a reason and repair for this problem I will not buy another and am looking into legal action concerning this problem. Honda has no way that I have found to email a complaint and I am getting very frustrated with this piece of CRAP that I paid well over $30K for. I will supply pictures if requested by Honda directly.

I bought my Honda Accord in 2014 and within the first month the check engine showed up. So often the oil was under the normal marks regardless of normal oil change quantity. I checked with the mechanic and he couldn't find fault at first and he added a quart as well and the check engine went off. The third time, the mechanic realized that the piston rings were sticking out thus causing too much consumption of oil. Tried to call the dealer who sold me the car but they only told me that is done through a third party engine warranty. The mechanic explained that fixing the piston ring set could end the problem. He explained to me that was a manufacturer's problem and I can get reimbursed for the cost incurred.

Well, I called the Honda and they told me to send paperwork. The first case manager transferred me to another after sending paperwork and then before I knew, the third case manager became more commanding than friendly. All I needed was my $900+ that I spent fixing the car. Now I call the case manager will never talk to me. Very interesting for Honda North America.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

We used to stand firmly behind Honda vehicles. We replaced our Hondas with Hondas and we recommended Hondas to others looking to buy. I loved my 2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 so much that I opted to replace the transmission with it failed at 90k miles. I wasn't happy about it, but I went ahead with the work because I was told that my Honda would last well beyond the issue with the transmission. Before opting to replace the transmission, I researched the issue and found hoards of information online about Honda's ongoing issue with their transmission. I contacted Honda Corporate offices and they offered to help by paying 25% (others had reported online that Honda helped with up to 30-50% for the transmission work).

My transmission is failing again at 60k miles on the new transmission! I contacted the Sales Manager, Rey ** at San Leandro, CA Honda where they performed the transmission work and he did not return my call/email. Then, I met personally with the Service Manager at Honda Oakland where I purchased the car; I sat in his office and explained my situation. He asked me to forward a copy of the invoice for the completed work to him so he could contact Honda Corporate. A week went by and when I call/email him for an update, he will not return my calls/emails either.

It's clear that Honda not only has a problem with their transmissions but also their ability to provide reliable customer service. I'm so disappointed in their lack of responsiveness and lack of customer care. It appears that even Honda employees don't stand by the products they sell. Beware when considering the purchase of a Honda. Do your homework, the internet is full of reviews on their sub par transmissions. Save yourself the headache and stress and choose another car maker. Hondas can no longer stand behind their products or customer service brand they try so hard to build.

So I have had my 2011 Honda for 4 days...I bought it used with 161,000 miles. The car has been driving fine ever since we have had it (even though it only been 4 days). So this morning when I left work, I was at the stop light waiting on it to turn green. Once it turned green I tried to leave and it felt like I ran over a brick or hit something which I know I didn't. I checked under my car and I had not hit anything so I put it in drive and the car starts revving up and my foot was not on the gas, so I put it in part and the noise became worse. I tuned the car completely off to shut it up. And thinking it was over, then all of a sudden the car starts rolling backwards, the only thing that would stop it was the emergency break... I really wanna know what is the problem and can I be fixed by the dealer under my 3-month 3000 miles powertrain warranty.

My car is a 2015 Honda accord. I been having Honda for about 17 years recently I got this new car with 0 mileage. I been having trouble with my tire sensor for the past few months. Is very scary that I have been driving my car like this for a while. I took my car in for more than 7 times or more for the same issue and Honda cannot resolve it. They said is fix. Couple of hours later my tire sensor is on again. I had try to take into my local tire shop just to see if they find the issue but they said they don't see anything wrong with tires. Just some air needed here.

I am again in the Honda dealer with the same issue. I don't know what to do anymore. I need help with my issue. I think I deserve some type of answer or fix. My car seems I been a Customer for 17 years never had any problems with any of my cars. I need a answer. Hopefully I won't get into a accident with this car. My family is very afraid that I have to drive this car with the tire sensor because I can't even get a loaner car from Honda to take the time to evaluate my car. The proper way is really concerning to me that they never have a loaner car to investigate what is going on with my tire sensor.

I recently had a terrible Honda Motors USA customer service experience based on the poor handling their own recall issues. I initially, received a notification that the SRS control module was faulty and not to impact the side of the car or slam a door to prevent side air bag deployment. Then a secondary recall notice was sent indicating no one should ride in the passenger seat of the car due to the Takata bags being deemed unstable/unsafe.

After waiting for fixes that never came I felt I needed to provide a safer mode of transportation for my wife and daughter. I intended to sell the car, but felt morally obligated to make potential buyers aware that these were open recalls with an undetermined resolution. Unfortunately, this lack of any resolution from Honda scared all the potential buyers away. At this point I was left with the option to continue driving what Honda deemed an unsafe car or trade the car in on another. I opted to buy a new car (another Honda Accord), but the dealership pays a trade value vs private party sale value. I essentially felt forced into choosing between paying a monetary penalty or risking health by disposing of an unsafe product this way.

I later became aware Honda is providing $35 daily for rental cars from the time they sent the recall out. This was never made public and I only found out about it after I had taken my new car in for a regular service. I reached out to Honda Motors to discuss this loss in value and see if they were willing to offer a "goodwill resolution". I explained the situation to the Honda customer service personnel and said I was impacted somewhere between $500-$750. The response was "Sorry Honda can't help". I then went on to point out that this was equal to having a rental less than 3 weeks.

At the point I traded the car in I would have been in a rental several months if I had been aware of the plan they quietly made available to other owners. Being a loyal customer I feel betrayed by the stance Honda Motors has taken with handling the recall at what ultimately turned out to be my expense. Maybe someone at Honda actually will see this that can make a change or at the very least others current owners can be made aware that the rental option is available and won't be forced to choose between endangering themselves or losing money by disposing of a faulty/unsafe product to avoid injury and possibly death. I will seriously rethink a Honda purchase in the future based on the lack of customer service I experienced.

I have a 2008 Honda Accord with 20k miles and the front fender liner fell off. Their clip system that holds the liner in is defective and there are many complaints about this problem all over the internet. People should be more proactive so that these defects can become recalled items.

Bought my car 2013 Honda Accord V4 in June 2013 (Brand New). Took my car to the dealer to see why the battery keeps dying on me. This is the 3rd battery I have put on my car. Service rep at Moss Honda in Moreno Valley stated the alternator, Starter, Charging system and my electrical was fine, that there was nothing wrong with my car. How is that true when my car is only 3 yrs old and I had to replace the battery 3xs already? I bought a brand new car so I wouldn't be dealing with any issues like this. I love Honda's. My 2001 Honda civic with 160,000 is running and never had an issue with it. I'm soo frustrated!!!

2014 Honda Accord Needed A New Transmission at 68,000 Miles. I bought this car brand new and the FM transmitter had to be replaced within 4 weeks of owning it. During the first winter, it would not start. I kept bringing it back to Honda and they said since they could not recreate the issue there was nothing they could do. I also complained of a weird noise coming from acceleration and down shifting. Fast forward to a year and a half later and it came to be the transmission. Which Honda would replace fully since it was out of warranty, so I had to pay something out of pocket. This was my first and last Honda.

I previously owned a 2002 Honda Civic and in Aug 2013 I decide that it had treated me so well, I would buy a 2013 Accord. Fast forward to now July 2016, not even 3 years into owning this car, I have gone out to my car in the morning to start it and it will not start the first time but will the second time. Did this intermittently for the past 2 weeks. Took to AutoZone and was found that I had a bad alternator. Went to a local mechanic who also said it was the alternator and spent $800 to get a brand new one put in. 2 days later, it happens again! I'll be calling the dealership and corporation with a complaint. My car isn't even 3 years old and has 40k miles on it and already I've had 2 batteries and an alternator. I didn't have to change anything on my 2002 Civic until year 6-7. I'm so disappointed in Honda and will continue to write reviews about how terrible their cars are made now. I went looking for a reliable car that would last me almost 10 years and I got this dud!

I purchased a 2016 Honda Accord 3 month ago to avoid any problem with my job but few days ago I went to gas station to fuel and after fueling the car won't to start so I call roadside assistance and they came after 90 minutes and gave me jump-start. The day after I went to Fairfax Honda to see what's problem at the car but they don't want to hear anything and they said I have to schedule a service day to look at the car. I try to explain that the car under warranty and I use it for work but they not understood. Then I drive the car to the nearer pharmacy to pick up some medicine. When I go back to the car it's won't to start again so I call roadside assistance one more time and they came after 2 hours then gave me jump-start and then I took the car back to the Fairfax Honda. They said I have to leave the car to next day to check it. I am waiting now. I will continue when I get any update.

I haven't had the 2016 Accord for 5 days and already visited the Service Dept and since this morning, I have set up my 2nd. First thing is the low tire signal light came on. I drive up to the Service Dept and they said they have a reset button now on the new Hondas. He showed me and poof. Out goes the light. I said "all you did is reset it?" "Yes" he replied. "They do this when new." New? I asked "Aren't you going to check the levels of air." "No. No need."

Hours later I have no seat belt warning signal. So I had to call the Dept again. They said "Bring it in. In transport, sometimes they disable the fuses." I said "Serious? Well who checks the car when it arrives?" He said "the dealer employees do. They have a check list." "Well they seem to not know the job they are hired to do right?" "Nah, it happens" he said. Serious?? I get off the phone and in listening to the radio, I find out every time I use my signal now, the radio station changes. REALLY HONDA? One last and serious concern is THE AIR BAGS. When I turn the car on, no light. When we buckle, no light. When we drive, no light. Stays black. Buyers beware.

I'm experiencing the same issues with my 2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6. The car completely shuts off while driving. The incident occurred on three separate times before I could drop it off at the dealership. The last time it shut off in rush hour traffic with an 18 wheeler truck coming up behind. I had to quickly cut on my emergency flashers to alert the trucker that I had an issue. The car had previously shut down on two separate occasions. However, I dismissed it due to me not fully being engaged. The car shut off twice while the service manager took it for a test drive. The car has been at the service shop for more than 5 business days and they have yet to contact me regarding the problem/issues.

When I contacted the service department on the 3rd day, they stated that due to the issue being intermittent they have yet to diagnose the actual problem. Unlike the Melissa's post, the dealership provided a rental. However, I'm totally disappointed that a car with only 5000 miles is having a major issue. Driving a vehicle in which it completely shut down while driving is a extreme safety hazard. This was my fifth Honda. Previously, I owned four Honda Accords and an Acura, in which I traded for this lemon of a "BRAND " new car. My son still drives the 2004 Accord.

In speaking with American Honda, they have requested that I allow their CSR team until this Friday to resolve the issue. Frankly, I no longer want the vehicle. I can't afford to invest in a vehicle. I bought a brand new vehicle to avoid impending repair cost, not to pay a car note and service the vehicle simultaneously. I made a horrible decision by trading my car for this blue nightmare that's now haunting me. Will never purchase another Honda. Shame on Honda and its team members who built the Honda I purchased. Shame, shame, shame. Building death traps for sale!

Where should I start. I recently bought a 1999 Honda Accord LX Coupe as a replacement car for a 1983 Nissan Sentra. The car had 154,000 miles on it with the 3.0L VTEC V6. I wasn't about to pass it up as it was a step over the 4 cylinder that was in my Sentra. Now keep in mind my Sentra was great car, ran even when everything was wrong with it, even with a crack in the block.

Let's get to the Accord. This car is by far the worst car I have ever owned by Honda and never again will I buy Honda. The guy I bought it from was the only owner and nothing big had to be replaced. 2 days after purchased as I was rolling up the drivers window, it fell off the track and broke. 150$+50$ to have the window made as they don't make that specific window anymore. All done and dandy. Dished out the money and got it fixed. 3 days later as I'm getting myself some dinner from McDonald's, the car overheats and drains all my antifreeze all over their driveway. Replaced the thermostat and fixed that issue. 40$ for some new antifreeze, gasket, and the thermostat. Not too bad right?

Mother tags me on a news story that says that the NHSA has issued a urgent advisory on my car to have it repaired as my airbag can deploy and send shrapnel into the passengers. Take it to Honda for them to tell me not to worry about it and that my cars airbag isn't recalled. Tore my steering wheel apart and found that it is in fact the Takata airbag that's recalled. What will it take, me getting seriously hurt or killed and for me to sue Honda for them to realize that their customer service sucks. I'll definitely be selling this car and buying a different car as it's a piece of garbage and never again will I buy Honda. I will advise anyone looking for a good car to get something else, this car is a death trap.

I feel Honda may have been having airbag problems however when taking my car for repair Honda Covington Pike took really good care of my car. State Farm had to deal with the insurance issues. Farm Bureau insurance was the other man's company. I do believe State Farm had to sue to get payment. That's why you have insurance for to fight and win your battles when accidents happen.

catherine of Memphis, TN on

Original Review

Car pulled out in front of me causing me to T-B on driver side. My son was my passenger and both of us had on seat belts. My airbag exploded but my son's head hit windshield but his bag never opened. It shook me up so I stay put 'til police came. I kept breathing through my nose blowing out my mouth to relax. My vehicle was used for work but it had to be towed. I got a ride home from police I believe. Two to three days later I kept having nosebleeds. Was told it was from breathing what came from airbags.

I also ended up having to nurse and rehab a torn rotator cuff. Do as the doctors said and your injuries get better. I ended up buying a new canary in 1999. The Honda did not have a working air conditioner. My son has a really hard head and was not hurt. He did get upset though, he wanted the Honda for his first car. He showed no responsibility so he never got a driver's license. Honda dealership took really good care of my car. I kinda felt like a trader switching to Toyota but guess what, car got stolen after all.

I bought a Honda Accord LX about 4 months ago. I am leasing this vehicle. On Thursday the car stopped dead in the middle of Route 3 almost causing an accident. I brought my vehicle to the Honda service department where they told me nothing was wrong with the vehicle. The car kept stopping periodically as I tried to explain to them there was something wrong. This car is brand new. This should not be happening. Since Thursday the car is stopped and turned off by itself 7x. I brought the car back to them Monday where they told me a whole bunch of stuff was coming up on the system as they perform the Diagnostics. I asked him why did this not come up on Thursday when I try to explain to them there was something wrong with my car? They said they don't know. They said they were going to have to keep my car but they did not know for how long.

I asked if they could provide me a loaner. They said I would have to leave a $250 deposit and once I bring back the loaner the money would be returned in 30 business days. I am a college student with a part-time job and do not have money like that laying around. I explained this to them and ask them if they could do anything to help me considering this car is only 4 months old. They said no! I've been called Honda Financial where I got no help at all. I spoke to somebody named Anthony who gave me a case number and said somebody will be calling me back within a week. I told him I needed help now because I needed to be provided a loaner because they did not know how long it will keep in my car for. Anthony told me I would have to wait because there is people ahead of me with problems as well and just because my car is new does not mean that I come 1st.

I am a customer who is extremely aggravated and is not getting the best customer service possible. I feel like I was sold a defective car. There is no recalls on my vehicle. It should not be turning off while I'm driving or not starting at all at times. I left a message for the general manager and nobody ever got back to me. I called my service advisor today Andrew and he told me not to keep calling him that he would call me. He told me they still did not know what was wrong with the car and he can not tell me when it would be done. I told him this is my only source of transportation and I needed my car or at least an estimated date of when I would get it back. My school is about 20 minutes from my house and I also have to go to work. They are not providing me with a loaner. I'm pretty much telling me that I have to wait until they're ready to find out what's wrong with the car.

This is a brand new car and with the customer service experience and with this car turning off by itself in the middle of the highway while I'm driving is dangerous. I could have been killed or I could have killed somebody else. A brand new 2016 car should not have any issues at all. Now I have to wait and receive attitude from everybody that I come encounter with like this is my fault that I was sold a defective car. Honda should really be trying to accommodate me to the best of my needs considering this car is only 4 months old. Instead of giving me the runaround and not any straight answers. This place is very unprofessional and do not know how to treat their customers. This is the first time that I ever purchased and this will definitely be the last. I will make sure I tell everybody about this situation and I will encourage everybody I know never to purchase a Honda.

I've owned a 2004 Honda Civic forever, and never had a complaint. It made sense to upgrade and purchased a 2015 Honda Accord about 8 months ago. The salesman was great, he was very attentive and let me know that if there was anything wrong to bring the car in and everything would be taken care of right away. He told me that it was a Honda and it would be unlikely. When I purchased it new, I kept it at the dealership (Honda/Inver Grove) for about two weeks to add the extra items I purchased. When I received it, it looked good.

After an hour of driving, I realized that there was a problem with both the driver side and passenger window seals. The noise was annoying, so I brought it in. I was given a loaner car and called back in two days. After driving it again, I realized that there was no change. Same bad seal. I brought it back, again and ask if I could have a different car. There was less than 200 miles on the car. I was told that Honda doesn't replace cars and I couldn't get out of the purchase, it had been 2 weeks. I told them that I didn't have it for two weeks, they had it. The manager told me that they needed to try and fix the problem at least 5 times, and then they would need to contact Honda (They are Honda!) to try and fix it. I was told that it is a long process.

So after each repair, I came back complaining and the sales/manager kept saying they didn't hear it. The mechanic took it for a ride with me. After 2 minutes, I asked if he heard anything. He said, "How can you not, it is right in your ear." So he worked on it for 3 more times until the window seal was fixed. In 5 returns, the mechanic was able to fix the driver side window seal, but not the passenger side window or door seal. The manager told me that he couldn't hear or feel it when he drove it, and I explained again that the door seal noise is intermittent. I asked that he continue driving it, but he didn't. So, I'm stuck with a car that I don't want and it is annoying to drive.

Sometimes the acceleration increases at odd times and I need to brake (I'm not using cruise control). Another annoying item is that my smartphone gets disabled when I use the Accord, even when in Park it prevents navigation from working, unless I turn the car completely off to set up. When I called and asked if there was something I could do to fix it, I was told that "Honda wants you to purchase their navigation system." Of course. Wish I had my old Civic back. At least I got what I paid for and no headaches.

There are a lot of Honda Accord owners out there and many have had great experiences. Recently, I talked to a few who have shared similar experiences and agreed that they will not get another one. I was the only one who had problems with window and door seals. Thank goodness it wasn't some of the things that they shared. Until I sell it, I plan on using our old 2008 Saturn Vue. Less noise and more comfortable to drive. The MPG is less, but I don't care at this point.

Was coming back from a road trip this weekend that was 2 hours 15 minutes away. Am 32 weeks pregnant, had my two daughters and 20 month old son, was in the slow lane when car stop moving and RPM went in red, car would not gas and I pulled over, was smoking. Lucky no cars were behind me and it would have caused an accident... I let it rest for a bit and made it to the rest area which was right there, but the RPM went in red again. We were stuck at this rest stop for 6 hours, it could have been worse have someone would have been behind me when my car shut down on freeway.

I called Honda and was no help. I looked online and can't recall other stories like mine from Honda cars. There should be a recall cause this situation is very dangerous. I am still making car payments and had the car since February of this year... something needs to be done. This happened without a warning, was no odd nose, no dashboard lights coming on. It was driving fine till that moment, was so unexpected.

We bought a 2014 Honda Accord Sport in August 2014. It is less than two years old, today being June 8, 2016. This is our third Honda. It will be our last. It rattles continually unless it is parked or unless we are driving on a smooth interstate. It's awful. It sounds like a junket.

I've used my brother's 2001 Honda Accord LX sedan as a commuter car in the past. It currently has 278,000 miles and just sits in our garage for now. There hasn't been a single breakdown since buying it brand new. Routine maintenance only. The interior components are still solid with very little wear. Honda lives up to their reputation for being reliable! This is how cars should be made and keep their customers happy!

Travelling back from Newcastle on Dec 30th, 2015 in the high winds and the passenger side trim flew off my 2010 Accord and the drivers side has also become loose. I have been to my local Honda dealer who has informed me that my car is not on recall for this issue so I will have to pay for the replacements and 2 days off the road. I was thinking of getting a new HRV in the next 12 months but I am now thinking of a different car altogether now. I believed Honda to be a great company for customer care but now I'm not so sure.

2010 Honda Accord with about 46000 miles. Took vehicle in for oil change and found out that the right rear strut failed. Was told that oil/rubber don't play well. Why didn't the other 3 fail then? No answer. Customer service was worse than poor.

Have bought six Honda Accord 4 doors and just purchased another one which I returned the next day and bought a Hyundai Sonata instead. The air conditioning in the Honda did not cool anywhere near as effectively as my 2012 Accord which I had traded in for this one. My back was sweating and car never seemed to cool down. It was working like it is suppose to but my impression is that they have made the compressor too small to adequately cool the car. To save money I presume. I mentioned to the salesperson the day before that the car was also smaller inside and out, did not drive as smooth and was not as quiet as my 2012 Accord. She said they were making the accord smaller to save money and for gas economy.

The whole reason for buying an Accord 4 door is to have a bigger quieter smoother riding car, not to basically have a smaller Civic. The air conditioning, inside larger space, and smooth ride in the new Hyundai Sonata was the same as my 2012 Accord. I guess that's it for me buying any more larger Honda sedans, since I am sure they are not going to do anything to reverse this trend of getting smaller and more uncomfortable.

The driver's side seat is extremely uncomfortable. I have had my 2015 Honda Accord EX-L coupe for about 3 months now. I noticed lower back pain right away. Even after owning it for 3 months, every time I get in the car, I am readjusting the seats... Trying to find a comfortable position. I even talked to an auto upholstery shop to see if there was anything they can do. I thought it was just me at first, so then I went online and found where there are many people with this problem. I must say that I have always been a Honda fan. I have owned both a 2000 and a 2007 Honda Accord coupe previously, and I loved both of them. The 2007 was MY car. The 2000 was my son's car. I drove the 2007 for 9 years, no problems, and the seats were extremely comfortable.

I don't know what Honda did, but I don't feel the quality is in the newer cars that used be evident in the older ones. I have many complaints with the car, but the main complaint I have is the driver's seat being so uncomfortable. It is to the point that I think I might trade my new car in on something else and take the hit for depreciation on a new car... Just to be comfortable and not have this back pain. Honda can make better products. If you are thinking about buying one, I would get one from the dealer as a loaner for the weekend... And take it on a long trip, just to see for yourself: lesson I have learned when buying any new car.

Bought 2012, Accord from Autosport Honda in Bridgewater, NJ in March of 2015, was a certified purchase. Shortly after bringing car home, noticed discoloration on the rocker panel area above the rear door frame. Dealer addressed these issues in late May 2015. More discoloration or smudges are appearing where body work was already done and new areas. Have to take car back to dealer. 11/2015

I have a 2007 Honda Accord. 126,000 miles. I have always kept up the necessary car work on it and now my transmission has failed. Called Honda and they said they can't do anything for me. I will NEVER buy a Honda again. Not many people have 2500 sitting around to pay for a transmission. Now I will be out of a car. bummer.

I recently purchase a brand new Honda Accord sport 2015 6-speed Manual with a 20" MOMO custom rims. A couple of days later I realize that my car pulls to the right. I took the car 3 times to the dealer (Scott Robinson in Hawthorne Los Angeles) and no one could help me. They've redone the alignment 3 times without success. I spoke with the general sales manager who did everything to avoid costs. He blamed the roads. I took him for a drive and he saw that my car pulled to the right however he blamed Los Angeles roads, Tire balance and at the end he said that pulling to the right is a characteristic of the Honda Accord 2015. I opened a case with Honda USA and I did not hear from them... I kept calling the case manager number this past 2 weeks and it's always going to voice mail.

I will be giving a Honda USA a chance to help me. The way the Scott Robinson Honda dealer handled the issue was far away from being a customer service. They were rude and made the impossible to avoid costs. One of the sales manager even asked me "did you hit your car?" So far the Honda Experience was terrible. I regret purchasing a Honda as the actual behavior tells me a lot about future behavior and what I will expect from them. The case number **. I also have the necessary paperwork showing a substantial defect to start a lemon law case.

Honda Accord Company Profile