Honda Accord

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Daughter was in 20 mph auto accident on LA freeway after her Honda Accord which had $1300 brake work was done at Honda dealer less than 3 weeks prior to accident. Honda said they were not responsible since the car was out of warranty and she should go back to the dealer and have them check the brakes. Further she was in her seat belt but suffered a torn rotator cuff because the air bag did not activate. NOTE the air bag was replaced 3 times due to a Honda recall at the dealer. She hit the car in front of her because the brake peddle didn't stop her car when it was pushed to the floor. We have photos of car with no air bag inflation. My daughter is a responsible careful driver, 40 plus yr old, with no accident record. USAA insurance co totaled the Honda. Consumers always get screwed.

Unfortunately, during my search for an Audi A5, I allowed the salesperson to convince me I'd get more value for my money with a Honda. As far back as I can remember Honda always had a reputation for great fuel efficiency, dependability, longevity, etc. I agreed to purchase my first used vehicle (i.e. 2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6) and have had quite a bit of trouble ever since. I love the car itself, but immediately after I purchased I had to quickly figure out what issues I was experiencing and get them fixed before my warranty expired; however, time was not on my side as usual. The issues I had/have are listed below:

- Oil/fuel issues after "software update"
- Starter issues
- Acceleration issues: the car delays when I need to pick up speed quickly
- Short battery life: just replaced the battery
- Rattling noise coming from my sunroof at normal speeds

- Rattling of the sub-woofer when the radio volume is 12 or less.

To quickly touch on the oil/fuel issue, I left my car with the dealer for repairs and during that time they decided to perform a software update which has cost me more money in fuel. The fuel efficiency isn't even decent anymore. I loved this car when I first bought it and now I already thinking about what car to replace it with.

On my sons 2010 honda accord, I have replaced the back 2 wheel bearings and a week later the right front wheel bearing. On his 2015 honda accord with 40,000 miles, a month later the right front wheel bearing went out on it. Honda definitely has an engineering problem with their wheel bearing design or installation. At $300 a pop for wheel bearing replacement, honda owners have a problem. The 2015 bearing was replaced under warranty, a $700 job. I think the low aspect ratio tires are the culprit, with no cushion for bumps like old style tires have.

According to three sources when I bought my 2016 Honda Accord the voice commands were available on ALL 2016 Honda Accord cars. Told at the dealership that it would take time for the system to recognize my voice. (not true) Honda promotional video stating that ALL 2106 Honda Accords have voice commands. Owners manual on page 154 showing you how to use the voice commands.

After feeling totally inept that I couldn't access the commands I decided to call Honda. I was told that my 2016 Honda ex-L did NOT have this feature... What? How could the dealer, the promotional video and the Owners manual be wrong? I was told that was just how it was and that was the end of the conversation as far as Honda was concerned... They accepted no responsibility for the FRAUD. This is not just an oversight it is willful deception by Honda to the consumer. My 2004 Honda had all of the features that I thought I was getting in my new car. Had I known I would have gotten some new tires and kept my car.

As a long time Honda owner, I found the 2016 Accord touring sedan appealing. I traded in my previous Honda. What a mistake. I've have nothing but problems with this car. Headlights burning out, rattling, poor door sealing, shaking and more. I've had to leave this car numerous times at my local dealer for repairs for entire days. I will be seeking to dump this car and manufacturer soon as I can break close to even. What a horrible car and quality.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

I am writing this long review only with an intention of making readers aware of the atrocities of Honda Motor corporation and its dealer. Vehicle: 2015 Honda Accord with CVT. 20000 miles, single driver; Daily driving miles: 4 miles to office and back. List of problems: Transmission whistling noise after 15000 miles - attributed to CVT which it seems Honda does not have the engineering capability to solve and has the engineering incompetence to design such a transmission.

Steering wheel severe vibration - undrivable and makes my hands go numb; Vibration all over the vehicle in all driving conditions and exponentially increases when the A/C, heater is on, Severe drumming noise - unbearable; When applying brakes severe juddering motion causing panic to the driver that may result in accident. Engine Screeching noise when switching off, Interior parts rattling and worse over bumps. Very uncomfortable driver and passenger seats. The head rest is way too forward forcing the driver and passenger to always drive with head almost down causing rapid fatigue that may lead to accidents. Wonder if Honda has any respect for FMVSS 202 federal regulations.

Heavy tailpipe smoke during idling and all through driving. It never stops even after driving 100 miles. Windshield wiper blades came off the steel holder and the wiper metal was rubbing windshield glass during rain causing potentially unsafe condition, Rattling noise in door when door is closed, Continuous fluttering noise from inside driver side door; Severe juddering from roof when Sunroof hatch is opened. Sunroof hatch not closing after fully open - every time in the morning (even on warm days). Intermittent `boom'... `boom' noise from engine during idling and while driving.

Tire pressure warning always on and does not sense tire pressure; Interior is not completely sealed - which means there is permanent leak. Easily sensed when closing door - no pressure, develops inside that cushions the door while closing, Neither the heater gets hot fast enough nor the AC works fast enough. Rear glass is so thin that the defrosting copper strips sandwiched in the glass has distorted the glass while manufacturing itself resulting in jagged view of the rear. This is another safety concern. Some crook in Honda R&D saved a few dollars for the company by thinning the glass. Car looks like it is always going on bumpy roads even in smooth road.

The weather strip in the windows do not scrape the mist settled in the glass completely. Almost 50% of the area is not scraped. This means that mist water and rain water is getting into the door and probably working its way to rust and make a mess inside. It is shamelessness of Honda that advertises itself as an advanced company and after so many years of being in the field could not even manufacture some down to earth technology.

Now the story: I took the car to a dealer for the first time complaining about severe vibration and unbearable drumming noise. The technician and I went for a test drive. While driving he said all Honda Accords have the vibration problem even Honda CRV. The dealer arranged for the DSM to visit the dealer on a later date for a test drive. On that day the DSM, myself and the Service manager of the dealer took the car for a short drive. On returning back she coolly said she cannot sense any vibration-rubbing salt on wound. Nothing was done. She did not say that the CVT transmission has a perennial vibration problem that Honda's incompetent engineers has not solved.

The dealer took the car inside while I was waiting in the lobby. After taking back the vehicle to my surprise the vibration HAD reduced slightly. I could not believe even the slight reduction in vibration because the dealer did not say that he did anything to reduce the vibration. Later I came to know that, without informing me, the dealer had changed the transmission oil on the advice of the DSM. That was the reason for the slight reduction in vibration. But after a month the vibration has increased to its previous high levels and now I hate to drive the car.

Suddenly one day Front Collision Warning "FCW Failure" came up in the dash. And with that, all other warning lit up including unsafe to drive, Lane Departure Warning - LDW failure, ABS warning failure. Went to the same dealer. Dealer took the car inside while I was waiting in the lobby. He came back and said that the ABS cable on the rear left has got cut and took me to show while the car was service jack. I asked him how it could have got cut of its own. He said rat or squirrel might have chewed it up.

I was aghast at his answer. I inspected the ABS harness and could not find any signs of teeth marks. It was cut exactly at the end of a hard grommet attached to a bracket. The ABS sensor cable has a very hard outer sheath that is very hard for any animal to chew. He said it would cost $240 to replace the ABS sensor harness. The cable itself costs only $39.95 at the dealer.

Immediately I understood that he was trying to fleece money and he had deliberately cut the cable to make money risking my safety on the road. Since there is a suspension link just in front of the ABS harness, there is no way even a road debris could have cut the harness. There was absolutely no signs of stretch in the harness. My conclusion is that the service manager DELIBERATELY CUT THE ABS HARNESS to not only make money but also to attribute the FCW failure problem (which I am sure cannot be solved by Honda or doesn't want to spend time on fixing those failure) to the broken ABS harness. Probably advised by Honda itself.

I too got a Product Update letter from American Honda Motors. Inc to take the car to a dealer for transmission software update: It says "On some 2015-16 Accord vehicles, under certain driving conditions the software in the PCM causes a low-pressure problem in the continuously variable transmission (CVT). This may allow the belt in the CVT to slip. If the belt slips, you may see a surge in RPM when driving at highway speeds. IF THE BELT SLIPS LONG ENOUGH, THE TRANSMISSION WILL BE DAMAGED, and the DTC P1890 (CVT speed control system) will set."

What will Honda do? "To prevent permanent transmission damage related to the software in this action, HONDA STRONGLY RECOMMENDS HAVING YOUR VEHICLE UPDATED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Honda will update your vehicle's software free of charge. Please contact any authorized dealer for an appointment. Please plan to leave your vehicle at the dealer for at least half a day to allow them flexibility, in scheduling."

California Owners Only: "The DMV will not renew your registration until this emission recall has been completed. After completing the repair procedure, your dealer will give you a Vehicle Emission Recall - Proof of correction certificate. Please make sure the dealer completes and gives you the certificate. Keep the certificate for your records as proof that the emissions recall was completed. Submit the certificate to the DMV only if the DMV requests it." Lessor Information: ... blah... blah.

The above letter from Honda clearly shows some of the problems explained by me above. While writing this review, I called the customer service for the service campaign and asked him "If there were a need to replace the transmission with another one as mentioned in your letter what warranty would you give to the new transmission?" He said it would be the standard warranty of 35000 miles or 3 years FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE OF THE VEHICLE. Which means the new transmission will not have a warranty of 35000 miles on itself from the date of installation. I have another 15000 miles left for vehicle warranty. And Honda transmission is sure to fail after 15000 miles. So by the completion of my 35000 miles warranty from the date of purchase, I have to change the transmission at my own cost or I have to live with it.

From the letter mentioned above "California Owners Only" it may be that American Honda might become the next Volkswagen that had cheated EPA and customers. Every day a new problem crops up in the vehicle. It is driving me crazy. I will never ever buy a Honda product. It is very sure that American Honda did not test any of the system either for safety, or function, fit and finish. I am very sure even a simple seat comfort study was not done. Or they were done but the greedy profit making was on top of their mind. They just picked the cheapest of the systems available on their shelf and assembled it in a hurry and sold them to make huge.

The seat back profile needs to be forward a few inches to make the seat more comfortable. But some crook might have saved some money by scraping off the foam in the seat back cushion and probably got his promotion. It all happens in the automotive industry. Filthy greed, even if it compromises safety. If they had not even tested the systems for function there is no way they would have tested the durability of the anything. Sure American Honda has ripped off millions of customers like nobody else in history and continuing to rip-off. And last but not the least: Consumer Report is such a massive humbug/scam/fraud.

2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6 - Seat is defective. Cannot support my weight of 190 Pounds. I am 6' 1", so normal weight. On drives over one hour my seating position changes drastically, foam is too soft, and of poor quality. The Dealer is refusing to fix, say they do not repair upholstery. My 2002 Accord was well made. The 2016 is another story. Honda should repair the vehicle, as it's a safety issue. This is like the air bag issue, will take a few deaths before they can fix it. Google "Honda uncomfortable seats" many folks have this issue. I contacted Honda, they said, "We will not redesign the seat just to fit you." I asked what they meant by that. They said the dealer examined the car and it's working as designed. I need to decide what steps to take next, as it very clear they are just pushing this repair off. By repair, I mean replace all the seat foam in the vehicle. Car is currently under warranty.

Very disappointed in the 2010 Honda Accord since it is considered Honda's Flagship model. This car has high levels of road noise, so loud in fact if we are on the freeway, we must yell to hear each other talk. We have to blast the radio to hear it. The windows and sunroof will open themselves after the vehicle has been locked for the night. Twice this has happened when it rained!! The last complaint I have is the leather interior. Very cheap leather on the arm rest. It started puckering up and then tore in strips. Dealership said it was because I wore lotion. What a joke. It was a cheap interior. The passenger side is where it tore and is rarely used. I do love the way it drives.

I was driving and the new Accord just stopped...no warning, just turned completely off as I was driving. Took car to dealership where it was tested. They said nothing was found. This is truly disturbing because I could have been hit as there were vehicles behind me laying on their horns. I don't want to drive this vehicle again as I am afraid it will happen again. Would like to communicate with others who have had this issue.

Took my 2015 Honda Accord in for a recall. Was told that the car needed a software update to prevent the transmission from failing. All went well. Then noticed that I was not getting gas mileage like I used to. Turns out that the software update reduced my car's gas mileage by 10%!!! Went back to dealer and was told to call Honda service in California. Called California and after a big runaround was told that gas mileage depends on driving conditions! The car shows you the last four "trips" gas mileage on its inboard display. Clear as day. My mileage tanked immediately after the update. Why does Honda not take responsibility for the actions. I fell like I was a victim of bait and switch since the reason I picked the Accord over the Camry was the slight edge in gas mileage the Accord got. Now I know better. Next car's a Toyota.

My children are everything to me. So, when my husband and I decided we were going to buy a car for our son, we did a lot of research. We finally decided on the Honda Accord and bought it from Kolbe Honda on August 10, 2000. We have been active parents in terms of helping with the maintenance of the automobile. The key to start the car began to deteriorate until it broke. The replacement and reprogramming cost over $160.00. I called Honda to speak with someone because I feel we should be reimbursed. After all, without the key, the car cannot be driven.

In an effort to find a representative from Honda was nearly impossible. I wrote to someone in the Public Relations department who finally gave me the name of a representative. In the beginning, she was very polite, asking a million questions and indicating they were going to do everything to resolve the issue. I wrote a lengthy email, included the repair report along with the invoice, made many follow-up calls, etc. The claim was filed on 9-16-2016. She told me it would take 6 weeks for a Case Manager to review the claim.

Last week, October 26th, 2016 someone else from Honda called indicating that they would NOT be able to reimburse us. No reason given. When asked to speak with someone else, no names were released; not even a Manager's. We also had an issue with a recall. The recall notice was mailed explaining that until the replacement air bag parts came in; no one should be sitting in the passenger seat of the car. It took many months until we were moved up the list for the parts to be ordered. In fact, when my husband took the car in for the key repair, that's when Honda expedited our air bag replacement order. We are a family of four with friends, family and many connections. Since there are many choices to make when buying a car; I would believe that positive promotion would surpass negative. When you call Honda, the automated response says, "Thank you for being a part of the Honda family." I certainly don't feel that way.

This has been a painstaking process and we are still not reimbursed with what clearly we should be! PLEASE TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE! An automobile costs thousands of dollars to purchase and the key should never fall apart and if and when it does, you should be reimbursed. Has anyone else had this problem?

I have a 2013 Accord that was bought new in Dec 2012. I have had the seat trim repaired 4 times and have been told that Honda will not repair this problem anymore. It has broken again and the dealership cannot explain why. I have been told how good these cars are but this car has been junk at best. The dealership has told me that I need to get in and out of the seat in a different manner in which I did what they ask and it's broken again. When I bought this car there was no "instructions" on how to get in and out of the car and I am very frustrated with no good answer to this problem. Unless Honda can give me a reason and repair for this problem I will not buy another and am looking into legal action concerning this problem. Honda has no way that I have found to email a complaint and I am getting very frustrated with this piece of CRAP that I paid well over $30K for. I will supply pictures if requested by Honda directly.

I bought my Honda Accord in 2014 and within the first month the check engine showed up. So often the oil was under the normal marks regardless of normal oil change quantity. I checked with the mechanic and he couldn't find fault at first and he added a quart as well and the check engine went off. The third time, the mechanic realized that the piston rings were sticking out thus causing too much consumption of oil. Tried to call the dealer who sold me the car but they only told me that is done through a third party engine warranty. The mechanic explained that fixing the piston ring set could end the problem. He explained to me that was a manufacturer's problem and I can get reimbursed for the cost incurred.

Well, I called the Honda and they told me to send paperwork. The first case manager transferred me to another after sending paperwork and then before I knew, the third case manager became more commanding than friendly. All I needed was my $900+ that I spent fixing the car. Now I call the case manager will never talk to me. Very interesting for Honda North America.

We used to stand firmly behind Honda vehicles. We replaced our Hondas with Hondas and we recommended Hondas to others looking to buy. I loved my 2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 so much that I opted to replace the transmission with it failed at 90k miles. I wasn't happy about it, but I went ahead with the work because I was told that my Honda would last well beyond the issue with the transmission. Before opting to replace the transmission, I researched the issue and found hoards of information online about Honda's ongoing issue with their transmission. I contacted Honda Corporate offices and they offered to help by paying 25% (others had reported online that Honda helped with up to 30-50% for the transmission work).

My transmission is failing again at 60k miles on the new transmission! I contacted the Sales Manager, Rey ** at San Leandro, CA Honda where they performed the transmission work and he did not return my call/email. Then, I met personally with the Service Manager at Honda Oakland where I purchased the car; I sat in his office and explained my situation. He asked me to forward a copy of the invoice for the completed work to him so he could contact Honda Corporate. A week went by and when I call/email him for an update, he will not return my calls/emails either.

It's clear that Honda not only has a problem with their transmissions but also their ability to provide reliable customer service. I'm so disappointed in their lack of responsiveness and lack of customer care. It appears that even Honda employees don't stand by the products they sell. Beware when considering the purchase of a Honda. Do your homework, the internet is full of reviews on their sub par transmissions. Save yourself the headache and stress and choose another car maker. Hondas can no longer stand behind their products or customer service brand they try so hard to build.

So I have had my 2011 Honda for 4 days...I bought it used with 161,000 miles. The car has been driving fine ever since we have had it (even though it only been 4 days). So this morning when I left work, I was at the stop light waiting on it to turn green. Once it turned green I tried to leave and it felt like I ran over a brick or hit something which I know I didn't. I checked under my car and I had not hit anything so I put it in drive and the car starts revving up and my foot was not on the gas, so I put it in part and the noise became worse. I tuned the car completely off to shut it up. And thinking it was over, then all of a sudden the car starts rolling backwards, the only thing that would stop it was the emergency break... I really wanna know what is the problem and can I be fixed by the dealer under my 3-month 3000 miles powertrain warranty.

My car is a 2015 Honda accord. I been having Honda for about 17 years recently I got this new car with 0 mileage. I been having trouble with my tire sensor for the past few months. Is very scary that I have been driving my car like this for a while. I took my car in for more than 7 times or more for the same issue and Honda cannot resolve it. They said is fix. Couple of hours later my tire sensor is on again. I had try to take into my local tire shop just to see if they find the issue but they said they don't see anything wrong with tires. Just some air needed here.

I am again in the Honda dealer with the same issue. I don't know what to do anymore. I need help with my issue. I think I deserve some type of answer or fix. My car seems I been a Customer for 17 years never had any problems with any of my cars. I need a answer. Hopefully I won't get into a accident with this car. My family is very afraid that I have to drive this car with the tire sensor because I can't even get a loaner car from Honda to take the time to evaluate my car. The proper way is really concerning to me that they never have a loaner car to investigate what is going on with my tire sensor.

I recently had a terrible Honda Motors USA customer service experience based on the poor handling their own recall issues. I initially, received a notification that the SRS control module was faulty and not to impact the side of the car or slam a door to prevent side air bag deployment. Then a secondary recall notice was sent indicating no one should ride in the passenger seat of the car due to the Takata bags being deemed unstable/unsafe.

After waiting for fixes that never came I felt I needed to provide a safer mode of transportation for my wife and daughter. I intended to sell the car, but felt morally obligated to make potential buyers aware that these were open recalls with an undetermined resolution. Unfortunately, this lack of any resolution from Honda scared all the potential buyers away. At this point I was left with the option to continue driving what Honda deemed an unsafe car or trade the car in on another. I opted to buy a new car (another Honda Accord), but the dealership pays a trade value vs private party sale value. I essentially felt forced into choosing between paying a monetary penalty or risking health by disposing of an unsafe product this way.

I later became aware Honda is providing $35 daily for rental cars from the time they sent the recall out. This was never made public and I only found out about it after I had taken my new car in for a regular service. I reached out to Honda Motors to discuss this loss in value and see if they were willing to offer a "goodwill resolution". I explained the situation to the Honda customer service personnel and said I was impacted somewhere between $500-$750. The response was "Sorry Honda can't help". I then went on to point out that this was equal to having a rental less than 3 weeks.

At the point I traded the car in I would have been in a rental several months if I had been aware of the plan they quietly made available to other owners. Being a loyal customer I feel betrayed by the stance Honda Motors has taken with handling the recall at what ultimately turned out to be my expense. Maybe someone at Honda actually will see this that can make a change or at the very least others current owners can be made aware that the rental option is available and won't be forced to choose between endangering themselves or losing money by disposing of a faulty/unsafe product to avoid injury and possibly death. I will seriously rethink a Honda purchase in the future based on the lack of customer service I experienced.

I have a 2008 Honda Accord with 20k miles and the front fender liner fell off. Their clip system that holds the liner in is defective and there are many complaints about this problem all over the internet. People should be more proactive so that these defects can become recalled items.

Bought my car 2013 Honda Accord V4 in June 2013 (Brand New). Took my car to the dealer to see why the battery keeps dying on me. This is the 3rd battery I have put on my car. Service rep at Moss Honda in Moreno Valley stated the alternator, Starter, Charging system and my electrical was fine, that there was nothing wrong with my car. How is that true when my car is only 3 yrs old and I had to replace the battery 3xs already? I bought a brand new car so I wouldn't be dealing with any issues like this. I love Honda's. My 2001 Honda civic with 160,000 is running and never had an issue with it. I'm soo frustrated!!!

2014 Honda Accord Needed A New Transmission at 68,000 Miles. I bought this car brand new and the FM transmitter had to be replaced within 4 weeks of owning it. During the first winter, it would not start. I kept bringing it back to Honda and they said since they could not recreate the issue there was nothing they could do. I also complained of a weird noise coming from acceleration and down shifting. Fast forward to a year and a half later and it came to be the transmission. Which Honda would replace fully since it was out of warranty, so I had to pay something out of pocket. This was my first and last Honda.

I previously owned a 2002 Honda Civic and in Aug 2013 I decide that it had treated me so well, I would buy a 2013 Accord. Fast forward to now July 2016, not even 3 years into owning this car, I have gone out to my car in the morning to start it and it will not start the first time but will the second time. Did this intermittently for the past 2 weeks. Took to AutoZone and was found that I had a bad alternator. Went to a local mechanic who also said it was the alternator and spent $800 to get a brand new one put in. 2 days later, it happens again! I'll be calling the dealership and corporation with a complaint. My car isn't even 3 years old and has 40k miles on it and already I've had 2 batteries and an alternator. I didn't have to change anything on my 2002 Civic until year 6-7. I'm so disappointed in Honda and will continue to write reviews about how terrible their cars are made now. I went looking for a reliable car that would last me almost 10 years and I got this dud!

I purchased a 2016 Honda Accord 3 month ago to avoid any problem with my job but few days ago I went to gas station to fuel and after fueling the car won't to start so I call roadside assistance and they came after 90 minutes and gave me jump-start. The day after I went to Fairfax Honda to see what's problem at the car but they don't want to hear anything and they said I have to schedule a service day to look at the car. I try to explain that the car under warranty and I use it for work but they not understood. Then I drive the car to the nearer pharmacy to pick up some medicine. When I go back to the car it's won't to start again so I call roadside assistance one more time and they came after 2 hours then gave me jump-start and then I took the car back to the Fairfax Honda. They said I have to leave the car to next day to check it. I am waiting now. I will continue when I get any update.

I haven't had the 2016 Accord for 5 days and already visited the Service Dept and since this morning, I have set up my 2nd. First thing is the low tire signal light came on. I drive up to the Service Dept and they said they have a reset button now on the new Hondas. He showed me and poof. Out goes the light. I said "all you did is reset it?" "Yes" he replied. "They do this when new." New? I asked "Aren't you going to check the levels of air." "No. No need."

Hours later I have no seat belt warning signal. So I had to call the Dept again. They said "Bring it in. In transport, sometimes they disable the fuses." I said "Serious? Well who checks the car when it arrives?" He said "the dealer employees do. They have a check list." "Well they seem to not know the job they are hired to do right?" "Nah, it happens" he said. Serious?? I get off the phone and in listening to the radio, I find out every time I use my signal now, the radio station changes. REALLY HONDA? One last and serious concern is THE AIR BAGS. When I turn the car on, no light. When we buckle, no light. When we drive, no light. Stays black. Buyers beware.

I'm experiencing the same issues with my 2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6. The car completely shuts off while driving. The incident occurred on three separate times before I could drop it off at the dealership. The last time it shut off in rush hour traffic with an 18 wheeler truck coming up behind. I had to quickly cut on my emergency flashers to alert the trucker that I had an issue. The car had previously shut down on two separate occasions. However, I dismissed it due to me not fully being engaged. The car shut off twice while the service manager took it for a test drive. The car has been at the service shop for more than 5 business days and they have yet to contact me regarding the problem/issues.

When I contacted the service department on the 3rd day, they stated that due to the issue being intermittent they have yet to diagnose the actual problem. Unlike the Melissa's post, the dealership provided a rental. However, I'm totally disappointed that a car with only 5000 miles is having a major issue. Driving a vehicle in which it completely shut down while driving is a extreme safety hazard. This was my fifth Honda. Previously, I owned four Honda Accords and an Acura, in which I traded for this lemon of a "BRAND " new car. My son still drives the 2004 Accord.

In speaking with American Honda, they have requested that I allow their CSR team until this Friday to resolve the issue. Frankly, I no longer want the vehicle. I can't afford to invest in a vehicle. I bought a brand new vehicle to avoid impending repair cost, not to pay a car note and service the vehicle simultaneously. I made a horrible decision by trading my car for this blue nightmare that's now haunting me. Will never purchase another Honda. Shame on Honda and its team members who built the Honda I purchased. Shame, shame, shame. Building death traps for sale!

Where should I start. I recently bought a 1999 Honda Accord LX Coupe as a replacement car for a 1983 Nissan Sentra. The car had 154,000 miles on it with the 3.0L VTEC V6. I wasn't about to pass it up as it was a step over the 4 cylinder that was in my Sentra. Now keep in mind my Sentra was great car, ran even when everything was wrong with it, even with a crack in the block.

Let's get to the Accord. This car is by far the worst car I have ever owned by Honda and never again will I buy Honda. The guy I bought it from was the only owner and nothing big had to be replaced. 2 days after purchased as I was rolling up the drivers window, it fell off the track and broke. 150$+50$ to have the window made as they don't make that specific window anymore. All done and dandy. Dished out the money and got it fixed. 3 days later as I'm getting myself some dinner from McDonald's, the car overheats and drains all my antifreeze all over their driveway. Replaced the thermostat and fixed that issue. 40$ for some new antifreeze, gasket, and the thermostat. Not too bad right?

Mother tags me on a news story that says that the NHSA has issued a urgent advisory on my car to have it repaired as my airbag can deploy and send shrapnel into the passengers. Take it to Honda for them to tell me not to worry about it and that my cars airbag isn't recalled. Tore my steering wheel apart and found that it is in fact the Takata airbag that's recalled. What will it take, me getting seriously hurt or killed and for me to sue Honda for them to realize that their customer service sucks. I'll definitely be selling this car and buying a different car as it's a piece of garbage and never again will I buy Honda. I will advise anyone looking for a good car to get something else, this car is a death trap.

I feel Honda may have been having airbag problems however when taking my car for repair Honda Covington Pike took really good care of my car. State Farm had to deal with the insurance issues. Farm Bureau insurance was the other man's company. I do believe State Farm had to sue to get payment. That's why you have insurance for to fight and win your battles when accidents happen.

catherine of Memphis, TN on

Original Review

Car pulled out in front of me causing me to T-B on driver side. My son was my passenger and both of us had on seat belts. My airbag exploded but my son's head hit windshield but his bag never opened. It shook me up so I stay put 'til police came. I kept breathing through my nose blowing out my mouth to relax. My vehicle was used for work but it had to be towed. I got a ride home from police I believe. Two to three days later I kept having nosebleeds. Was told it was from breathing what came from airbags.

I also ended up having to nurse and rehab a torn rotator cuff. Do as the doctors said and your injuries get better. I ended up buying a new canary in 1999. The Honda did not have a working air conditioner. My son has a really hard head and was not hurt. He did get upset though, he wanted the Honda for his first car. He showed no responsibility so he never got a driver's license. Honda dealership took really good care of my car. I kinda felt like a trader switching to Toyota but guess what, car got stolen after all.

I bought a Honda Accord LX about 4 months ago. I am leasing this vehicle. On Thursday the car stopped dead in the middle of Route 3 almost causing an accident. I brought my vehicle to the Honda service department where they told me nothing was wrong with the vehicle. The car kept stopping periodically as I tried to explain to them there was something wrong. This car is brand new. This should not be happening. Since Thursday the car is stopped and turned off by itself 7x. I brought the car back to them Monday where they told me a whole bunch of stuff was coming up on the system as they perform the Diagnostics. I asked him why did this not come up on Thursday when I try to explain to them there was something wrong with my car? They said they don't know. They said they were going to have to keep my car but they did not know for how long.

I asked if they could provide me a loaner. They said I would have to leave a $250 deposit and once I bring back the loaner the money would be returned in 30 business days. I am a college student with a part-time job and do not have money like that laying around. I explained this to them and ask them if they could do anything to help me considering this car is only 4 months old. They said no! I've been called Honda Financial where I got no help at all. I spoke to somebody named Anthony who gave me a case number and said somebody will be calling me back within a week. I told him I needed help now because I needed to be provided a loaner because they did not know how long it will keep in my car for. Anthony told me I would have to wait because there is people ahead of me with problems as well and just because my car is new does not mean that I come 1st.

I am a customer who is extremely aggravated and is not getting the best customer service possible. I feel like I was sold a defective car. There is no recalls on my vehicle. It should not be turning off while I'm driving or not starting at all at times. I left a message for the general manager and nobody ever got back to me. I called my service advisor today Andrew and he told me not to keep calling him that he would call me. He told me they still did not know what was wrong with the car and he can not tell me when it would be done. I told him this is my only source of transportation and I needed my car or at least an estimated date of when I would get it back. My school is about 20 minutes from my house and I also have to go to work. They are not providing me with a loaner. I'm pretty much telling me that I have to wait until they're ready to find out what's wrong with the car.

This is a brand new car and with the customer service experience and with this car turning off by itself in the middle of the highway while I'm driving is dangerous. I could have been killed or I could have killed somebody else. A brand new 2016 car should not have any issues at all. Now I have to wait and receive attitude from everybody that I come encounter with like this is my fault that I was sold a defective car. Honda should really be trying to accommodate me to the best of my needs considering this car is only 4 months old. Instead of giving me the runaround and not any straight answers. This place is very unprofessional and do not know how to treat their customers. This is the first time that I ever purchased and this will definitely be the last. I will make sure I tell everybody about this situation and I will encourage everybody I know never to purchase a Honda.

I've owned a 2004 Honda Civic forever, and never had a complaint. It made sense to upgrade and purchased a 2015 Honda Accord about 8 months ago. The salesman was great, he was very attentive and let me know that if there was anything wrong to bring the car in and everything would be taken care of right away. He told me that it was a Honda and it would be unlikely. When I purchased it new, I kept it at the dealership (Honda/Inver Grove) for about two weeks to add the extra items I purchased. When I received it, it looked good.

After an hour of driving, I realized that there was a problem with both the driver side and passenger window seals. The noise was annoying, so I brought it in. I was given a loaner car and called back in two days. After driving it again, I realized that there was no change. Same bad seal. I brought it back, again and ask if I could have a different car. There was less than 200 miles on the car. I was told that Honda doesn't replace cars and I couldn't get out of the purchase, it had been 2 weeks. I told them that I didn't have it for two weeks, they had it. The manager told me that they needed to try and fix the problem at least 5 times, and then they would need to contact Honda (They are Honda!) to try and fix it. I was told that it is a long process.

So after each repair, I came back complaining and the sales/manager kept saying they didn't hear it. The mechanic took it for a ride with me. After 2 minutes, I asked if he heard anything. He said, "How can you not, it is right in your ear." So he worked on it for 3 more times until the window seal was fixed. In 5 returns, the mechanic was able to fix the driver side window seal, but not the passenger side window or door seal. The manager told me that he couldn't hear or feel it when he drove it, and I explained again that the door seal noise is intermittent. I asked that he continue driving it, but he didn't. So, I'm stuck with a car that I don't want and it is annoying to drive.

Sometimes the acceleration increases at odd times and I need to brake (I'm not using cruise control). Another annoying item is that my smartphone gets disabled when I use the Accord, even when in Park it prevents navigation from working, unless I turn the car completely off to set up. When I called and asked if there was something I could do to fix it, I was told that "Honda wants you to purchase their navigation system." Of course. Wish I had my old Civic back. At least I got what I paid for and no headaches.

There are a lot of Honda Accord owners out there and many have had great experiences. Recently, I talked to a few who have shared similar experiences and agreed that they will not get another one. I was the only one who had problems with window and door seals. Thank goodness it wasn't some of the things that they shared. Until I sell it, I plan on using our old 2008 Saturn Vue. Less noise and more comfortable to drive. The MPG is less, but I don't care at this point.

Was coming back from a road trip this weekend that was 2 hours 15 minutes away. Am 32 weeks pregnant, had my two daughters and 20 month old son, was in the slow lane when car stop moving and RPM went in red, car would not gas and I pulled over, was smoking. Lucky no cars were behind me and it would have caused an accident... I let it rest for a bit and made it to the rest area which was right there, but the RPM went in red again. We were stuck at this rest stop for 6 hours, it could have been worse have someone would have been behind me when my car shut down on freeway.

I called Honda and was no help. I looked online and can't recall other stories like mine from Honda cars. There should be a recall cause this situation is very dangerous. I am still making car payments and had the car since February of this year... something needs to be done. This happened without a warning, was no odd nose, no dashboard lights coming on. It was driving fine till that moment, was so unexpected.

We bought a 2014 Honda Accord Sport in August 2014. It is less than two years old, today being June 8, 2016. This is our third Honda. It will be our last. It rattles continually unless it is parked or unless we are driving on a smooth interstate. It's awful. It sounds like a junket.

Honda Accord Company Profile