3.9/5 (1818 ratings)

About Honda Accord

The Honda Accord is available as a sedan and a hybrid. Read more Honda reviews to learn about other models.

Honda Accord Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Accord?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2022

I had the air-bag recall done about 5 years ago. None of the air-bags deployed when the 2012 exl hit a telephone pole at 20 breaking the telephone pole in half!!! Beware!!!! I finally found out about the class action lawsuit for the “excessive oil consumption” yesterday (1 Qt per 1,000 miles), 2 years after the engine seizure. I spoke with Honda headquarters (1919 Torrance Blvd, Torrance, CA 90501) today for an hour and a half. Mostly on hold waiting for Alma to get her stupervisor Markita to come to the phone.

Their telephone computer recognized my phone number even though I had never called before and knew I had a 2012 exl, but Alma acted like she didn't know anything... She asked me for my VIN number, but when I took a minute to find it, and asked why the computer knew it, "So why can’t you look at your computer." She said the last four digits would do. She wasn't aware of any class action lawsuit for the excessive oil consumption, but later said my vin number was not included.

I explained in detail to both of them how the $7,000 engine replacement and the three months of not having my exl and all the time I had to spend trying to get any help probably cost me somewhere around $100,000. I explained that I had 5 Hondas previous to this 2012 that I had driven to the moon and back (350,000 miles), and I would buy another honda if they would help with my $7,000 cost of the engine replacement, but they adamantly expressed to me that they would not take any responsibility for the engine seizure, or the faulty airbags!

After hanging up with Markita, I looked up and found the guys phone number who was the main person involved with the “Honda Motor Excessive Oil Consumption Class Action Lawsuit” in California. I called his cellphone and he was very nice, but explained that all he got from all the time and effort was $500, free oil changes, and spark plugs as long as he owned the Honda. He had given it to his parents, and bought a Tesla. Not with the $500 of course… SMH. Another huge problem with this Honda was crossing traffic! The engine would stall unless you kept one foot on the break and one on the gas peddle to keep the engine revved-up! I really thought I was going to get T-Boned by a Mack Truck a couple of times! Their phone number is: 1 (800) 999-1009. If you want to get the run-around yourself! Todd **. Macon, GA

Original review: June 14, 2022

Honda roadside assistance is the worst!!! I called in a request and they told me it would be within the hour. No one showed up so I called again only to be informed that it would be another 2 hours. No one called me and advised me of the new wait time!!! I was on the phone for over 45 mins just for them to scram around to figure out what happened with the first dispatch, which they couldn’t even connect with. I tried speaking to higher-ups and they couldn’t provide me any information nor could they give me an email to write to. I bought 2 brand new Hondas in the past 3 months and will never buy from them again! This is unacceptable and the worst customer service I ever received. I never wrote a bad complaint until now.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 7, 2022

With less than 50,000 miles, this car has already had to have the emission system repaired, the rear rotors replaced and the front rotors turned. I have driven several cars (not Honda) more than 100,000 miles and never had these issues.

Original review: April 1, 2022

Bluetooth radio is junk. Doesn’t show songs loaded on iPhone. Random never worked. HD goes in and out. Used to be if you lost your old key fob you can buy a new one and install yourself. Now, the geniuses makes us go to a locksmith or dealer to get a new one and install FOR $230.00!!! Dealer scam. Won’t buy another Honda…ever.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I have a leased 2018 Honda Accord Sport just exceeded the 36000 mile limit. The gas tank door intermittently will not open and there is no backup mechanism to open it for pumping gas. This is extremely serious for long distance travel when one may not be able to pump gas to continue with the long trip. Dealer offered to diagnose the problem for $200 with no guarantee of fixing it. I hope Honda motor can offer me some assistance to resolve this problem without causing me serious financial burden to fix this.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Purchased a 2017 Honda Accord in 2019 with 12,000 miles. Changed synthetic oil every 5000k and air filter every 10000. The car has 73,000 miles. A/C compressor blew the front seal and leaked compressor oil over other components. This car is not driven hard. Cost $1900.00 to repair at the dealer. While it was there I was informed the battery was bad due to corroded battery cables. The battery was replaced in 2019 and I suspect it was bad for the same reason. The positive cable on this vehicle is 500.00 to replace and the negative on is 100.00 at the dealer. They honored the warranty on the battery because I replaced the cables but these things should not be happening on a car that has less than 100,000 miles. I am done with Honda.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

I had a very bad experience in buying new Honda Accord 2018. I bought a car in February 2018 and in August 2020 revealed that I bought a defected vehicle. The back window was not sealed properly during manufacturing and as a result there was a water leakage. I found water inside the car under the back seats only when I changed my seat covers. So I was driving a car full of water for more than 2 years. The dealership just sealed the window, changed the back seats and says that the car is fixed. Do you think that the car is fixed?

I opened the case with manufacturer asking to extend the warranty on my car or buy back the car. They refused to do anything. My warranty will expire in February 2021. I think that there may be some issues in future such as erosion, etc. I will have to pay for fixing them from my own pocket. Honda does not care that their manufacturing defect can cause problems in future. Do not buy Honda!!! They do not care about their brand name and does not protect quality of the product.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Proud 2016 Honda accord XL owner. Classic Honda Galveston TX. Logan ** repair mgr is #1In providing excellent professional & courteous service. Any concerns taken care of quickly. I can call anytime when I have an issue or question. Logan gives me sense of feeling safe in my beautiful Honda Accord.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Recently purchased a 2019 Honda Accord Sport. The same week my infotainment center shut down. Didn’t think much about it. So then it did it again. At first thought I was like maybe it’s my phone’s connection. A few days later I bought another phone just because. Connected to car. It happened again. I reached out to Honda. Was told to do a factory reset and I should be fine. Did that. A few days later it happens again. This time I called the dealership who advised me to bring the car in. They supposedly did a master reset.

Took the car home. It happened again. Now I’m beyond annoyed. I bought this car with 4 miles on it. And having problems already. Called Honda back. They open up a case. I have had to call them several times. They continue to say the same thing. "Oh we are working on an update." Well that’s been since November of 2019 when I initially bought the car. Still no fix. Now the infotainment center is making staticky noises before it shuts off. I have reported that. Been back to the dealership once more. And still a car that’s under warranty. My vehicle is still not getting addressed. I’m beyond frustration. I have gone to my local news station. Hopefully they will put Honda on blast. My next step is to hiring an attorney. I will never buy another Honda or recommend Buying a Honda to anyone. Honda could care less. And the sad part is they been knew about this problem and continues to sell a car with a known defective product.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

The Honda Accord hybrid models from at least 2019-2020 emit a dangerous high pitched noise. I noticed it right after purchase. I measured a constant tone at 15kHz frequency AT ALL TIMES OPERATING THE VEHICLE. Yes, that means the noise never shuts off. It's been getting louder. It's causing migraines and hearing issues. Honda will not address this issue even though they have CONFIRMED ITS PRESENCE IN ALL MODEL YEAR 19/20 ACCORD HYBRIDS. American Honda has closed my case and left me to slowly develop tinnitus in my "luxury" car. Please beware of this issue, Honda will not help.

Honda Accord Company Information