Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
4.01/5

Honda Accord

The Honda Accord is available as a sedan and a hybrid. Read more Honda reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

321 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I had a Honda for 12 years and recently purchased a NEW 2018 Accord TOURING. The car was purchased in 2017. Soon after the purchase I experience rattling in the dashboard which has continued and after multiple visits to Honda service department no one seems to know the fix. Have contacted American Honda numerous occasions informing them as well. Finally was informed that the service department was advised to tape the HUD area to prevent noise which was only a Band-Aid the rattling continued. After a while I was tired and sick and tired of it. I just recently traded it in for the 2019 TOURING assuming that I would not experience that problem. After owning the car for three weeks the exact issue is present in the new vehicle. I am livid.

I returned a call to American Honda after numerous calls since 2018 and the customer care rep by the name Alan who had been assigned to my case has no customer service skills or empathy for what I’ve been dealing with. I have attempted to reach out to a supervisor or manager and have not had any results. I was now informed that the new fix for the 2019 and the 2018 TOURING is to have the service rep pull the entire dashboard out and attempt to fix it. This is insane. I did not have any intentions of purchasing a brand new car and within three weeks need to have the dashboard pulled out until they can Figure out how to stop this annoying rattling. Again, livid!!!!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Today I experienced something really scary in this car. It freaking traumitized me and gave me whiplash. The car brakes for no reason!! How does Honda know this and don't fix the problem! If my kids are in that backseat and it happens and someone rear ends me my kids will get smashed in if someone is coming fast behind me and my car comes to a complete ** stop! I am so pissed about this and reading reviews that it has happened to other people. There was no one in front of me. The car feature was off!!! It still blinks brake. It blinked twice then completely braked and came to a complete stop! My neck flunged forward. It felt like the car turned off then It took a couple seconds and let me give it gas. Thank God the car behind me did not hit me!! This car can kill my kids or even me! Very scary I made an appt to have it checked tomorrow.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I had bought a new 2018 Honda Accord LX and recently discovered that when you unlock the door, only the rear interior light turn on, the front map lights do not turn on. I took it to the dealer service department. After inspection was told this is the way the car is designed and there is no way to turn on map lights when you open the door. I consider this a serious design flaw. It is inconvenient at night and also a safety hazard since there is insufficient illumination when you get into the car. This is not the type of feature one checks when buying a new car and I would not have bought this model if I knew then about this shortcoming. I have 3 other Honda cars and the map light turns on automatically in them on opening the door. I have also filed my concern with Honda.

Original review: July 1, 2019

This past Saturday, I was driving 45 miles per hour on a two-lane road. All of a sudden my car beeped twice, the brake warning flashed on the dashboard and the car stopped violently. The seat belt locked down across me. There were no other cars near me, and there was nothing in the roadway. My foot was still on the accelerator when the car stopped. It took a few seconds before the braking system released. Once it did I was able to continue driving home. My neck has been hurting every since and the pain has gradually been getting worse. I have an appointment today to get checked out.

This was the third incident with the brakes since purchasing the car, January 2019. The car was taken in to the Honda dealership a few months ago because of braking system warning light had come on twice while I was on the highway. The mechanic said there was nothing wrong with the car. Both of those times the car slowed down gradually. This time it came to a sudden stop. When I got home, I told my husband what happened; he called the Honda dealership to report this incident.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I bought a new 2019 Honda Accord EX-L with 11 miles on it. Since then, a tire has burst, the brakes are bad and the electronic system - with Apple CarPlay - is a mess. We are a Honda family but I am seriously disappointed with my purchase and fed up with the Honda dealerships nearby that have blamed the electronic system failure on Apple. And when that didn't work, it was my phone's fault, although I travel extensively for work and the rental cars I use all worked like a charm with my phone. This isn't the Honda experience I signed up for and feel a little hoodwinked in the process.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Accord?

Original review: March 1, 2019

Updated on 03/04/2019: This car is a piece of... Well, you know the word. After 4 days in the repair shop they fixed the A/C on the car. Too bad they put a scratch on the hood and scraped a wheel that nobody knows how it happened. They had to take the entire front fascia and bumper off, but they didn't put the scratch on the hood. The car had been detailed an hour before it went into the shop to fix the A/C. The wheels were all shined. One had a scuff mark where it hit a curb and the scraped the wheel. I got into it with the service manager and he said it didn't happen there.

UPDATE: Today everything just stopped working. No cruise, no nothing. The buttons were not working no matter what I pushed. I didn't know what to do. I finally pulled over, shut the car down praying it would start. It did and it just all went away, meaning it all started working again. There are electrical problems with this car. I've got another 2 years and 10 mos before this lease expires. I am so glad I leased this lemon. I wish I went back to the Old Man's Chevy... And the last year of the Impala. NO MORE HONDA EVER. They are NOT RELIABLE like past customers say they are... Just try a new one folks and you'll be singing the blues too!

Original review: I've had my Honda Accord Touring Sedan just 8 weeks now. Less than 1400 miles on the clock. We had a sudden heat wave and I wanted to try the A/C out. All it blew was hot air. I took it to the dealer. They have now had the car 4 days and it is still not fixed. There are NO LOANERS either. So I'm paying for a new car that I'm unable to use through no fault of my own. The technology in this car is great. The ride sucks and this is NO TRIP CAR. The cabin noise is excessive for a redesigned car. This was an issue that I read disappeared with the 2018. Can't prove it by me. Road noise, and engine noise are issues.

The fan has an annoying whistle at low speeds. The interior of the car is well thought out. Everything is where it needs to be. The outside design is an eye catcher. But overall I would not give this car any better than a one star. I traded a 2013 Impala, that I bought USED and went over 100K without one issue. The last place I thought I'd end up owning a Honda was the repair bay! May very well be the last Honda I own.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

My 2008 Honda Accord has always made a weird noise when I turn the car on since I purchased it (June 2018). I didn’t think too much of it but then it started making the noise as I’m driving and oil light starts flashing. So I did a full synthetic oil change and it was fine for 2 weeks or so and then it started happening again. There should really be a recall on this seeing it can do damage to your vehicle's engine. I almost regret buying a Honda now. Will the Honda dealership cover this problem?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I bought a new 2018 Honda Accord Hybrid. I drove it for couple weeks and started to hear a low noise when I put it on reverse and push on the brakes, I took it back to the dealer, they found out about the problem but they say that Honda does not have a fix for that problem yet, that I have to wait, do not buy any Honda Accord 2018. They have a problem with the brakes.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Absolutely loved this car when I first purchased it. I have a very long daily commute and I was pulling just under 50mph. Ride was super comfortable and for a hybrid it has much better acceleration than anything I test drove. 3 months in, I would have given this car 5 stars for sure, but... out of nowhere, I stopped getting good gas mileage. I went from almost 50mpg, to right around 35mpg. That’s less than the regular Accord is rated at. Driving hasn’t changed, same exact drive to work, nothing has changed except I’m only avg 35mpg.

Went to the dealer left the car running so they could see my 33.8mpg and they couldn’t find anything wrong with. I went from filling up just a little more than once a week 4.5 days), to having to fill up twice a week. Found a couple of forums where people have had similar experiences. Really really disappointed. I spent the extra money to get the extra gas mileage and would have been better off buying a regular Accord.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I was driving my 2018 Honda Accord Touring 2.0 when it suddenly had a hard time accelerating. The car seems to have a hard time shifting and trouble accelerating. On the way to the dealer all the warning lights came on and the trouble accelerating continued. When I arrived at the dealer (Honda of Denton) a mechanic told the service advisor that it was "turbo lag" and normal. It's not turbo lag when the car has a hard time shifting and doesn't accelerate.

I left that dealer and went to another Honda dealer 20 miles away and I'm still waiting for a diagnosis. So this new car with only 5200 miles that I purchased to have reliable transportation is not. I wasn't offered a loaner or a rental so I'm out a car until they decide to fix it. This is supposed to the North American Car of the Year and I'm starting to regret buying it. Emails to Honda of North America go unanswered, it's very disconcerting that a company will not stand behind its product. I feel like now that I bought I'm on my own. Last Honda ever!

Honda Accord Company Information