4.06/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Honda Accord

The Honda Accord is available as a sedan and a hybrid. Read more Honda reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Honda Accord Reviews

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I bought this car from Elgin McGrath dealership, in Summer of 2016. Before that I drove Camry 2009 and had no issues ever. Love that car! Now I gave it to my parents and they are enjoying it. With new "addition" (Honda Accord Sport 2016) in our household I started having all kinds of problems from the very beginning of my ownership: after just 1 month, voice recognition started failing. Pandora stopped working. In a year or year and a half in winter the car didn't start one time (battery was ok though). Heating system started blowing cold air and last winter I was freezing in my car consistently to and from work. Camera failed 1 time and yesterday another time. Car didn't start again when I needed to pick up my Mom from the airport 2 months ago, and there was also an issue when all of a sudden the car wouldn't accelerate when I pushed the gas pedal on the highway and on local roads too...

I kept bringing my car for the past 3 years (since I bought it brand new) to 4 different dealerships on regular basis in hope that it will be fixed, but they didn't do anything, saying that they couldn't replicate the issue. Years are going by, my car didn't start again and camera failed. Voice recognition still doesn't work most of the time. Instead of heating it blows cold air and freezing me. Now my car is out of warranty and all these issues are continued. Should they be finally "replicated", I will probably have to pay out-of-pocket at this point. Now, how unfair is that?!

Motor Werks of Barrington was unbelievably inconsiderate and even rude to me. Took my car for repairing these issues multiple times, gave me a loaner, forgot about me for 2 weeks, no one made any contact, then when I called there myself to ask about the status of my vehicle, they said that they can't repair it because they can't replicate the issue and demanded their loaner back, while I had a surgery that day and was on bed rest!

In June of 2019, during my next attempt to fix all these issues in my car, the manager crossed the line at all - while they didn't repaired my vehicle AGAIN, and didn't even care about it, he at that very same moment demanded their loaner back and after I mentioned that we have a death in a family and funeral will be in a day or two, asked if I could return their loaner few days later, in a meantime maybe they would finally fix my car, he not only refused me, but he also threatened me to call the police and report their vehicle "as stolen"!!! HIS RESPONSE WAS NOT ONLY DISRESPECTFUL, IT WAS SHOCKING!!! I was STUNNED!!! I dropped all my errands for the day, his threat ruined all the things for me I had to take care of that day, and I was forced to go back to the dealership to return them their loaner!

That was my last encounter with Honda dealership before my warranty expired.. I've seen disrespect from sales people and managers on occasion before, but THIS ONE WAS BEYOND BELIEF! IT WAS AN OUTRAGE! THIS MANAGER SHOULD BE FIRED FOR SUCH MISCONDUCT TOWARDS A CUSTOMER! As to a corporate, they are being of no help either!!! They just kept sending me back to the dealerships, where the system must have been designed for NOT finding a problem that customer is suffering from with a car, and refuse to offer an alternative solution since I continue having these issues but dealerships are unable to fix them.

When you buy a brand new car, it is reasonable expectation for all thr parts abs features to work properly and at all times. But this 2016 Honda Accord Sport 2016 that I was sold to by Elgin McGrath is utterly unreliable and dangerous car! If I ever get in to a car accident due to faulty parts of my vehicle, malfunctioning of the safety features, and manufacturer's unwillingness to resolve a problem for me, this will be THEIR FAULT AND THEIR RESPONSIBILITY! Hope I will be safe though until I buy another car. BUT I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER HONDA ABD WILL ADVISE TO ALL PEOPLE THAT I KNOW TO BUY ANY VEHICLE BUT HONDA!

So... I'm stuck with a defective vehicle so far, dealerships can't fix it and corporate refuses to refund me the money by "lemon" law. MY RECOMMENDATION - STAY AWAY FROM HONDA AND BUY ANOTHER VEHICLE FROM A DIFFERENT MANUFACTURER!!! Otherwise you'll be stuck with defective vehicle, horrible customer service, and you won't get any help from anywhere for as long as you own this car!!! By the way, I take excellent care of my car, drive it very little - for 3 years and 3 months it has only 20k miles on it. I DO NOT RECOMMEND HONDA TO ANYONE!!! Total disappointment and unreliable and unsafe car to drive!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Ok so Honda for me has always been a Reliable wonderful car!!! What’s up with the headlights... which are now covered for 10 years!! And my Biggest complaint is why hasn’t there been a recall on the vibration from ac yet??? It’s horrible I’ve seen many people complain about this.... Better hurry up and get this problem recalled or my next car will be a Toyota! 2016 Honda Accord sport.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

My 2017 Honda Accord sat undriven in my garage between 2-3 months, as I have two others cars we drive as a family. I drove 2017 Honda out of garage and heard a rubbing noise. Stopped car and walked all around it and looked underneath because assume it was something rubbing on tires. I had it towed to Penske Honda in Indianapolis and they told me the rotors get lots of rust on them when they sit. My 2002 Honda accord did not and it sat for longer period. My wife's 2012 BMW that sits all winter EVERY winter does not. My 2007 Tahoe that sits during summer does not. My new 2018 Tahoe that sits during summer does not. But my 2017 Honda apparently does and was charged over $300 to get the rust rubbed off the rotors.

I thought to myself, ok new car I should no longer let the Honda sit this long (things happen and it SUCKS but oh well). My Honda just sat 5 days this time and again, same problem with rotors. Once I drove rotors 1/4 mile or so the rust rubbed off and no more noise. Called Penske back and they told me this happens with all Hondas now. Honda apparently is starting to buy rotors from supplier with some serious defects if their cars have to be driven nearly daily in order not to get rust on the rotors where you hear a very loud rubbing noise. The auto shop told me this, they see it not only with customers, but their own Honda Accords. I thought it was new cars only, but apparently manager at Penske Honda has this happen on his 2009 Honda Pilot.

I am 48 years old and my parents had Honda before I was driving and I have owned a Honda my whole life (the only time I have now owned a Honda was between Honda's for approx 3 months when my wife and I shared a car). I sold my older Honda Accord immediately when I put it up for sale then waited for good deal on new Honda when we purchased the 2002 Honda Accord.

I have owned Honda's my whole life because they have always been reliable cars, but being told this by the Honda Service department is sad. This 2017 Honda Accord was going to be my soon to be driving teenager daughters first car, but I am going to sell it and buy a new Chevy Product. Honda was always better than Chevy while growing up, now it's truly reversed in my opinion and rather have 2 american cars anyway, so no more Honda vehicles for me.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I would give 0 stars if I could.... I bought my 2018 Accord this year in May 2019 and I already had to trade it in due to their faulty “safety features.” I had a situation going about 30 mph when the brake light flashed on and the brakes slammed on automatically. There was nothing in front of me! I had chatted with someone at Honda and asked since there’s been multiple reports of the same issue if they were going to submit a recall and they said not at this time. These “safety features” obviously weren’t ready to be released into current vehicles on the market. I can’t imagine driving 70+ mph and have the brakes slam on for no reason like some other owners are reporting. Super dangerous and it won’t be long until there is a fatality due to the issue.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Have owned this car for 6 months. Since I purchased it the transmission made violent shifts in the first three gears especially when it was cold. I took it back to the original dealer who kept it for a few days, performed some upgrade and claimed it was fixed. It was not. I brought it to another dealer who after three different service visits was instructed by Honda to replace the transmission on this car with 2500 miles. It was replaced. Still did not shift smooth. At my next oil change I told them it still didn't seem right. They told me that it's operating normally.

Fast forward to 4 months later. I was on an extended drive and get the warning light: "Transmission Temperature Near Limit. Avoid Heavy Acceleration And High Speed". Scary huh? Car went limp. I was not able to dismiss the message while I was driving. It continued to come back on immediately. So my guess is that it never really was fixed. Calls to Honda go unreturned. Voicemail after voicemail. This car is obviously a lemon and needs to be treated as such. This is no way to treat customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Accord?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I had a Honda for 12 years and recently purchased a NEW 2018 Accord TOURING. The car was purchased in 2017. Soon after the purchase I experience rattling in the dashboard which has continued and after multiple visits to Honda service department no one seems to know the fix. Have contacted American Honda numerous occasions informing them as well. Finally was informed that the service department was advised to tape the HUD area to prevent noise which was only a Band-Aid the rattling continued. After a while I was tired and sick and tired of it. I just recently traded it in for the 2019 TOURING assuming that I would not experience that problem. After owning the car for three weeks the exact issue is present in the new vehicle. I am livid.

I returned a call to American Honda after numerous calls since 2018 and the customer care rep by the name Alan who had been assigned to my case has no customer service skills or empathy for what I’ve been dealing with. I have attempted to reach out to a supervisor or manager and have not had any results. I was now informed that the new fix for the 2019 and the 2018 TOURING is to have the service rep pull the entire dashboard out and attempt to fix it. This is insane. I did not have any intentions of purchasing a brand new car and within three weeks need to have the dashboard pulled out until they can Figure out how to stop this annoying rattling. Again, livid!!!!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Today I experienced something really scary in this car. It freaking traumitized me and gave me whiplash. The car brakes for no reason!! How does Honda know this and don't fix the problem! If my kids are in that backseat and it happens and someone rear ends me my kids will get smashed in if someone is coming fast behind me and my car comes to a complete ** stop! I am so pissed about this and reading reviews that it has happened to other people. There was no one in front of me. The car feature was off!!! It still blinks brake. It blinked twice then completely braked and came to a complete stop! My neck flunged forward. It felt like the car turned off then It took a couple seconds and let me give it gas. Thank God the car behind me did not hit me!! This car can kill my kids or even me! Very scary I made an appt to have it checked tomorrow.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I had bought a new 2018 Honda Accord LX and recently discovered that when you unlock the door, only the rear interior light turn on, the front map lights do not turn on. I took it to the dealer service department. After inspection was told this is the way the car is designed and there is no way to turn on map lights when you open the door. I consider this a serious design flaw. It is inconvenient at night and also a safety hazard since there is insufficient illumination when you get into the car. This is not the type of feature one checks when buying a new car and I would not have bought this model if I knew then about this shortcoming. I have 3 other Honda cars and the map light turns on automatically in them on opening the door. I have also filed my concern with Honda.

Original review: July 1, 2019

This past Saturday, I was driving 45 miles per hour on a two-lane road. All of a sudden my car beeped twice, the brake warning flashed on the dashboard and the car stopped violently. The seat belt locked down across me. There were no other cars near me, and there was nothing in the roadway. My foot was still on the accelerator when the car stopped. It took a few seconds before the braking system released. Once it did I was able to continue driving home. My neck has been hurting every since and the pain has gradually been getting worse. I have an appointment today to get checked out.

This was the third incident with the brakes since purchasing the car, January 2019. The car was taken in to the Honda dealership a few months ago because of braking system warning light had come on twice while I was on the highway. The mechanic said there was nothing wrong with the car. Both of those times the car slowed down gradually. This time it came to a sudden stop. When I got home, I told my husband what happened; he called the Honda dealership to report this incident.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I bought a new 2019 Honda Accord EX-L with 11 miles on it. Since then, a tire has burst, the brakes are bad and the electronic system - with Apple CarPlay - is a mess. We are a Honda family but I am seriously disappointed with my purchase and fed up with the Honda dealerships nearby that have blamed the electronic system failure on Apple. And when that didn't work, it was my phone's fault, although I travel extensively for work and the rental cars I use all worked like a charm with my phone. This isn't the Honda experience I signed up for and feel a little hoodwinked in the process.

Honda Accord Company Information