4.11/5
Based on 65 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Auto Warranty Expired?

Honda Accord

The Honda Accord is available as a sedan and a hybrid. Read more Honda reviews to learn about other models.

302 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I purchased my 2015 Honda Accord sedan on 02-24-2018 at 22 Honda, Hillside New Jersey with a little over 57, 000 miles on it. July of 2018, I heard grinding from my brakes, so I took it back to Honda service department and they said to me that the rear brakes are bad and needs to be replaced as soon as possible, they said I would have to pay out of pocket for that expense. I said to the service department, "How is that my responsibility since your company just sold me the car." They told me it was nothing they could for me. I thought when you purchase a car that should be checked and fixed before selling.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I have a 2010 Honda Accord that I purchased brand new in 2011. Over the past 3 years I have taken my car into 3 different shops to fix the exact same problem 4 different times. It is hard to find someone I can trust to give me an honest opinion when it comes to repairs so I shopped around. All have given the same response. My car is burning oil and I also need to replace the spark plugs (and one time all the coils). It wasn't until this last time I had enough. This was the 5th time I am going in for what I believe is the same problem.

My car misfires, idles rough and I lose power and it sputs as I am driving. I realized there has to be more to this issue and I shouldn't have to replace plugs and coils this often. I was getting my oil changes and regular maintenance when I was supposed to. This time I decided to do some research and found many people that had the same problem. In fact, there was even a class action lawsuit against Honda for this very problem. However, Honda never informed me of this issue. Apparently, during a certain time period there were certain Honda Accord models that were known to have this same issue and it is considered a "defect" in the engine and the only way to fix it is to either continue to replace the plugs, (along with any other parts this problem affects) or completely rebuild the engine.

So, this time I went to the Honda dealer to have my car looked at. They came back with the same diagnosis. For the 5th time, I had to replace the plugs. I explained what I read about the class action lawsuit and the problem I was having and apparently, the mechanic has seen other Accords come in with the same issue. However, the extended warranty that Honda granted to many Accord owners, as a result of this lawsuit, with this issue was never granted to me. I was completely unaware of this granted extended warranty and never received any notification from Honda about it.

And because I had the plugs replaced at other shops vs. the dealer there was nothing they would do in the way of covering the repair because the plugs that were used from the last shop I went to were not genuine Honda plugs or parts. That's the time I was told I could either continue replacing plugs or have the engine rebuilt. If I was aware of the extended warranty and the problem with this engine as well as the class action lawsuit, I could have had these repairs done at the dealer and I wouldn't have spent the thousands of dollars it cost as a result and the damage this issue has caused.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I've had a lot of cars over the years but this is my most reliable and least expensive to maintain, I love this car! Over 210,000 miles so far and plenty more to go.

Original review: June 23, 2018

The Honda Accord hybrid has a hesitation problem when you accelerate. It makes you afraid for your safety. It does not do it every time so the dealership is not able to locate the problem. It is the third hybrid we have owned and neither one of the others did this. They were both Toyotas and far superior to the Honda. We will never own another Honda.

Original review: June 21, 2018

The Honda Accord family offers multiple models to choose from including the playful coupe, professional hybrid or proven sedan. My vehicle makes my life more wonderful. It keeps me safe and it takes me to work, travel the world, and take the kids to practice. I love the style of my car, the gas mileage, & how comfortable I am inside my car. Your car is a set of body armor on wheels. However, I don't have any front and rear cameras. Since I have a coupe, getting in & out of the back seats are hard for me. Also, service is a little more expensive at the dealer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Accord?

Original review: June 21, 2018

I wanted a vehicle that was easy to get in and out of. I chose the 4 door sedan Honda Accord for roominess and comfort, as well as its reputation for reliability and longevity and good looks. It included all options I was interested in. But I wish it had power seats, as the manual adjustment to raise and lower seats does not stay in place. The next higher up model was more money than I was willing to spend but had it been a bit more affordable, I would have gone with that one.

Original review: June 20, 2018

The Honda Accord has been very good. I chose it because it was affordable. I really like how small it is and how easy it is to maneuver. I also like that it has a sunroof and can hold six CDs. The engine had to be replaced but the only consistent problem I have had is that the gear shift keeps breaking and the air conditioner has a leak. I also had to replace the radio. I suggest fixing the gear shift to something that works better and doesn't keep falling apart. I would also make the cover over the steering wheel to be less sticky. The car however drives extremely well and is very reliable.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My Honda Accord is a compact and a great gas saver. The car might be a little older, but I can fit it into small spaces and it has mechanically stood the test of time. It has pop up headlights which give it great character. The gas cap also cannot be opened from the outside, which is a nice security feature. But the car does not feature a single cupholder. And sometimes I get locked out of the reverse function, which is just unacceptable.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My 1995 Honda Accord wagon is my favorite car. It has the best gas mileage, has enough space for my little family, has run amazing even after being stolen, and we have never had any problems. Also, it has a sunroof, automatic windows, the back seat is roomy with enough leg room for my very tall husband and the hatchback has enough space to fit my very large dog when we take him places. We picked this car over others because of the extra space and reliability that Honda has given us before. But the automatic locks on the car malfunction every once in a while, the car is just old enough to make diagnostics and because the car is older, the radio and other technology in the car is difficult to replace.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I enjoy driving my family and friends around and have driven long distance with the Honda Accord, and find it very comfortable. As a tall woman I appreciate the leg room in this vehicle. A lot of cars cramp up my legs which is not optimal when driving long distance. The car also gets good gas mileage and has been very reliable. It looks great too. I really like this vehicle very much. I would make sure however that my next vehicle has Sirius satellite radio and a different interior color.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I love the Honda Accord! It's been a great car. The only thing I don't like is the recalls, especially the Takata airbags. I'm still waiting to have mine replaced and it's taking too long. Other than that, the car's roomy, reliable and comfortable. It's easy to drive and maintain and the controls are easy to use. I love the lines and the way it looks as well. Although the clock is a trial to change for daylight saving time. I just leave it for 6 months.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I love the 2004 Honda Accord. It drives great and runs great. It could look a bit better but that's what you get when it's over 10 years old. I have had it for a while now. It has over 140k miles on it and it has no leaks. It was my daily driver before I stopped driving for good. I like the sound system except for it saying that there is an aux port and there isn't unless you install it yourself... The gas mileage is great. I have used to for traveling both for leisure and for business. Maintenance is easy too.

Original review: June 16, 2018

The Honda Accord is one of the best models ever made. They are very strong and they last a long long time. They never break down. It keeps its value because it is a dependable car. Also, I love that it doesn't cost a lot to fix and it hardly ever has problems - just the usual rust, the normal wear and tear of tires and that paint chips a lot, oil change, spark plug and sometimes mufflers as parts get old. But even though it's getting old it's still running good and I hate to get rid of it because it still good to me.

Original review: June 16, 2018

The Accord is an awesome luxury gas saver and very smooth ride. Airbags all around, kids feel safe, and insurance affordable. Everyone always asks me to drive my car. Also, it has lots of room and seats are easy to clean. I like the back up camera, Bluetooth talk to device for phone, automatic doors locks, traction automatic, cool style and speed. Antilock brakes uses mobile extended synthetic oil. However, GPS tires wear very fast, tire indicator light cannot be manually reset, seat belt alarm does not stop even if does not have passengers, and car body could be more sturdy as well.

Original review: June 15, 2018

This has been the best experience ever! I had my Honda Accord for 3 years now. It's hitting 100k miles on it and it has hardly ever given me any problems mechanically and it never has left me stranded or struggling on the road. Except for the seat material that doesn't last too well and crinkles real easy or the rug mats, I like the other features of the car such as its great Bose speakers, big trunk and the extremely comfortable leg space in backseat. The car also has cruise control, easy signals and has shift paddles. And it holds at least 400+ miles each fill up.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I really enjoy my 2012 Honda Accord. It's a solid car and had very very few repairs. It is reliable and is known to be a car you can drive for over a decade. The gas mileage is great and it gets good safety ratings. It's very spacious too and there is a lot of storage room especially in the trunk and the glove box. It is very shiny with its silver color. The only thing is I would maybe add a moon roof on the car. Also, it's a bit hard to control the temperature. You can make it hot or cold but it is often hard to get a temperature in between.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Honda's known for its cars to last a very long time. The Honda Accord is very reliable and at almost 150,000 miles it has had very few problems. It is a good size to park and drive but not so small that you feel unsafe. It gets great gas millage and is easy to operate. I felt safe as soon as I sat down in it. It is a very solid car, with warranties. I wish it had a little more advanced tech but it is a 2009 model. I would also love a backup camera and Bluetooth which only the newer models have.

Original review: June 14, 2018

The Accord has been a great starter car and has lasted me 11 years and counting. It is in great shape and has hardly needed any work. It has been reliable and is great on gas and looked brand new. I like the way the car drives and the space in the car. I don't really care for the material on the seats, although with kids it has held up well. It just needs new paint. But other than that, love this car.

Original review: June 13, 2018

My experience with my 2015 Honda Accord has been incredible. I chose this car over many others, because it is sleek and powerful. It's the perfect car for a mother with a large family, especially with small children. Since purchasing this vehicle, I have saved a large amount of money on both gas and overall maintenance compared to my previous one. The features that I enjoy the most are the sunroof/Moonroof, heated seats, and the parking assistance. The only thing I would improve on my vehicle is to add more room in the trunk, but it is already pretty roomy. Nevertheless, I absolutely love my car.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Our Honda Accord has been very dependable and economical. It gets good gas mileage. I like the roominess in it. The Honda company also really stands behind their products. There was something that was recalled on it and it was repaired and is as good as new. I like the control panel, it is very clean and not cumbersome. There is an issue with the seats though that I don't like. They show a lot of wear and they are leather seats. I wish it would say the name of the song and artist that is playing on the radio. We had one car that had that and I really liked that. Also, we have had several Hondas.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Hondas are good cars that I just feel good in. They last forever if you take care of it. I purchased me a Honda Accord out of many other cars I could have choose to get and I love it. It's not my first Honda and I'm sure it won't be my last. They are reliable cars and it doesn't take much to keep a Honda up and running. It's good on gas and the miles were low.

It's automatic and it's a four door. It rides smooth and keep the fluids up in it. My tires are good on it as well. I feel comfortable driving and riding in it. When I bought it was in GREAT CONDITION. The paint job was brand new, all the windows and doors worked properly, has a nice stereo system and everything under the hood is good. My car basically came fully loaded. It's also good for me and my family size. But I wish it had automatic door lock since I have to manually do it. Other than that I don't have any complaints about it when I got the car. I didn't even have to put a lot of money into besides the normal things like oil change and got the tires rotation.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I got a 1994 Honda Accord most recently. And I owned an Accord before and loved both, because they had manual transmissions and incredible gas mileage. I liked they way they handled. It is my ideal car - perfect for a single person, and not bad for a small family. I have also worked on several cars before, but am most familiar with Honda. I can keep up with most of the repairs on my own. However, I would have made the windshield wiper linkage bushing harder to break, but this would be for many other models as well. They are made of plastic, and when one pops off, your wipers no longer work. Driving down the interstate in the rain suddenly becomes a terrifying thing when you can do nothing about immediate vision loss. Other than that, which really doesn't apply solely to this brand, I love Honda.

Original review: June 11, 2018

The Honda Accord is very reliable with good mileage and has a lot of pep when you need it most. I also like the styling of the car as it looks very classy. I like the simple tech with 3.5mm headphone jack for audio input as well as very comfortable seats for long trips. The cup holder in the middle and in back is very useful for everyone in the car. But I miss some of the features from our previous car like moon roof and individual climate control for each passenger. I also miss the seat heater in the winter when it is cold and wet outside.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I love my Honda Accord. It is very reliable, low maintenance, spacious on the inside, has cheap parts and good handling in the snow. My car has high miles and it runs like it is brand new. I have never had any problems with it. I love the sunroof, leather seats, and Bluetooth compatibility. However, I have heated seats but I wish it had air conditioned seats as it is very hot in the summer. Also, the bluetooth compatibility is to be able to talk on the phone but you cannot play music so you have to get a separate bluetooth compatible part. And to hook up a car seat in it is very difficult. Other than that, I love my car and would definitely buy another.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I love Honda and have always been a loyal Honda customer - In fact, 9/10 of my vehicles have all been Honda. My Honda Accord EX-L coupe has always been a great quality vehicle, safe to drive and kid friendly. It's also reasonable to repair and has reasonable price. Great customer service and easy to make appointments for service. I like the appearance and features like the stereo system, body style, leather package and ease of use. I will continue to upgrade and stay loyal to the Honda family.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Honda is a reputable automaker and I liked their corporate philosophy. They are active in our community and I continually see their cars. I like the size of the Accord and it has excellent standard features. There is very little blind spot issues and the car fits in most parking spaces. The maintenance is painless too. It is easy to understand what to do to efficiently operate the vehicle. None of the features is too fragile, nor riddled with too much automation. The car operates well and comfortably accommodates five (5) people - great family car. Overall, it is just a great car and I would buy a Honda again in a heartbeat.

Original review: June 8, 2018

This Honda Accord has been a Godsend and we love it for its reliability and good gas mileage in the highway. It's roomy, well designed, and smooth in the road. It has easy to understand features and good sound. The color is lovely and it fits well in our small garage. It fits our family well especially on vacation. Car was spacious enough for five adults to travel comfortably and we feel safe for family trips to other states. Also, the trunk holds our luggage easily.

We have heard from other Honda owners as well as general news that Hondas are a preferred brand and are easy to maneuver. We like the brand after borrowing other vehicles. But aside from being a well known brand, I also like the style, plush interior, cup holder, quality manufacture and that it has no visible damage. Things aren't cheaply made and everything is very sturdy. The previous owner is very particular and the car had low mileage from her. We knew she kept it well. However, it would be nice to have more cup holders and better speakers for the backseat, seatbelt clasp holder on belt so the clasp doesn't slip so easily down the belt, auto lock at 25 miles per hour and air vents in the back seats that allow passenger control.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Honda Accord was beautiful. I love the rims and the leather seats. It had wood trim. The radio was awesome and the windows were tinted dark which I really liked. The air conditioning was very cold and I was able to upgrade with any options I wanted. Hondas are great cars and I've always had Hondas and never had problems with them. I also received a good deal when it came to purchasing the vehicle and had no problems getting a creditor to finance me which helped make my decision even easier with Donna but most of all I love the Honda because of the way it looked and the color was beautiful and I was able to upgrade to a sports package.

I would have liked the rims on the tires to stand out more and be a shiny Chrome. I also would have liked the seats have been heated, to have a sunroof in that particular model because I do love to have a sunroof in my cars, to have an option to put in cameras in my car for the kids to watch videos on and to have a mirror that had the rear lights reflecting the turn signals on both.

Original review: June 6, 2018

My Honda Accord was bought for me by my boyfriend. Came with an aftermarket stereo. It starts up right away and gives smooth ride. It has good gas mileage and decent price. Insurance is also cheap. However, it has broken window switch, a little rust on the body, has a donut on it and windshield has a crack across it. It also needs a little work on the outside body and one tire needs plugged. Only drove one just to get it to my destination. Also I am still making payments so can't get it plated just yet.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I have loved my 2007 model Honda Accord. I bought it slightly used (about 20k mi.). Recently the navigation unit has failed. I’ve been told it’s common in this year model. Other than that, I’ve been extremely pleased.

Not sure about Honda Accord?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Car Dealers for you.

Honda Accord Company Information

automobiles.honda.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business