3.88/5
Based on 38 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

273 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 9, 2018

I have loved my 2007 model Honda Accord. I bought it slightly used (about 20k mi.). Recently the navigation unit has failed. I’ve been told it’s common in this year model. Other than that, I’ve been extremely pleased.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Honda Accord - I was pleasantly surprised at its overall performance as a midsize car. I am please with the space and the standard features. And I believe it to be a great value.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Purchased this Honda Accord new in 2007 and it is a fantastic car! Have had zero issues other than minor adjustments. Dealer cannot believe the shape it’s in for its age. Plan on keeping it until It dies.

Original review: May 7, 2018

The 2018 Honda Accord is the best one I have owned. The turbo has more power than the 6. The gas mileage on the highway is 41 and around town it is 28. The ride is so quiet and smooth you cannot believe it. So many great safety features. A very sporty looking car that has the sport mode, regular drive, or econ. I have found nothing I do not like about this car. It's a fun car to drive.

Original review: May 6, 2018

It's too low to the ground for me and I do not feel comfortable in the driver's seat. I am heavy set and it is just uncomfortable for me but other than that it is a dependable and good looking car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: May 6, 2018

Options found in other luxury cars that cost quite a bit more than Honda Accord Hybrid Touring are in my car and for the value the options are great. Highlight sensors, rain sensors, lane assist cameras are among the few options that were standard on this car.

Original review: May 5, 2018

This is my second Honda. My first was a 1996 and an accident took it off the road in 2010. This one is a 2008 and is still going strong, my next car a Honda of course.

Original review: May 5, 2018

My 2000 Honda Accord EX has 143,000 mi on it & has been dependable for 18 yrs & it still drives like a charm. Regular maintenance and TLC keeps it going strong... Love my Honda.

Original review: May 4, 2018

It's comfortable to drive a Honda Accord. Holds the road for a smooth sturdy ride, 39 miles to the gallon, good looking interior, roomy rear seat and trunk area. Info system could use improvement but other than that, absolutely no problems.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Honda Accord - I like the styling and comfort. At my age, don't like climbing down into a car, but I like almost everything else. Styling is better than almost any car save for an older Camry and newer styling of all brands sucks. The Honda Accord is also easy on gas, no engine problems. Since mine is a 2002, with high mileage, age is taking its toll on the electronics behind the dash. The radio quit in 2016, the fan motor quit in 2017, Side air bag idiot lights come on for months at a time. Other than that, it's a good serviceable car to get you where you have to go. I would recommend it to anyone that plans on keeping a car for a long time.

Original review: May 3, 2018

My 2004 Honda Accord has been phenomenal! Beside the normal maintenance of oil changes, new tires, etc. I do have dents taken care of as well. I have had no issues with it which is approaching 150,000 miles.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I've owned (for more than 6 months each:) Chevy Camaro(s), Mercury Cougar, Dodge Dart, and a few more cars, none of which I can remember what kind they were. None of them measured up to my Honda Accord in gas mileage, performance, cost to maintain at top level, style (interior and exterior), cost to run on a daily basis. There is no aspect of any car that was better than that of my Honda Accord; It was sassy; it had four (4) doors and a sunroof and had much power, even with its 4 cylinders. When I buy another car (most likely a used one), it will most definitely be another Honda Accord.

Original review: May 1, 2018

We've had this Honda Accord since we bought it new 2006 and it's lasted until now even with over 100,000 mileage. That's about 12 years of quality that's why my family trust Honda more than rest of cars. The only issue we have is ac but other than that we keep maintenance and it's still thriving.

Original review: April 30, 2018

The Honda Accord is a very nice little 4 door sedan. Won't win any prizes for distinctive looks, had to put a stick on it to make it stand out from all the other blue four door sedans in the parking lot. But it handles very well, even in icy weather. Shame my husband took it over.

Original review: April 29, 2018

The stereos are bad!!! They drain batteries, turn on without key and blow speakers without being on! They also have an issue with the door actuators. They stop working and I have looked up these issues and it happens on multiple cars and Honda does nothing about it. Other than these things I love the car.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I bought my Honda Accord in 2004 and it has been super-reliable and outstanding. I plan on buying another car from Honda in the future as I have been so happy with my current car. I totally recommend the Honda Accord.

Original review: April 28, 2018

They have remodeled the steering wheel in newer models of Honda Accord, however, my fingers continually engage the Bluetooth and the voice tells me there is none connected. I think the body and paint needs to be more dent and scratch resistant although the sheen has been maintained using a good hand washcloth and cleaner. More critical, the dash light shows your headlights are on, however, they may only be on the front driving lights while your rears are unlit. There is no discernment as to which level of head/tail lights are on.

Original review: April 27, 2018

The Honda Accord is an excellent running car. Very functional, fun and comfortable to drive, nice interior, great traction and steering, handles well on the road, good gas mileage, quiet ride, good radio system, safety features are also nice, and contour of the frame.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I love this car (Honda Accord EXL). Unfortunately, Honda decided to discontinue the 6 cyl coupe in 2018. Big mistake in my opinion. Am constantly receiving unsolicited compliments from folks in the unlikeliest places; at the gas pump, rest stops, parking lots. Total strangers make a point of coming over to me and gushing. Have I mentioned it is a joy to drive? It normally tootles around on 4 cylinders, but when you kick it, the other two cylinders kick in and it takes off like "warp speed' on Star Trek.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Everything in Honda Accord is great except the rear side windows of this sport 2 door model are too small and seeing vehicles coming from the rear right side is almost impossible when backing up.

Original review: April 26, 2018

The Honda Accord Sport is a nice looking, extremely dependable vehicle. I own a 2014 model and I have not had any problems with it. I bought it used with 28,000 miles in 2016 and I currently have 48,000. Mileage is pretty good and it handles the road well when driving long distance. I am very glad that I purchased this vehicle.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Purchased as a 2007 certified used Honda Accord from local Honda dealer. It had a little over 29,000 miles on it and now has almost 69,000 miles. It has a 4-cylinder engine that is smooth and provides ample power. I have the Honda dealer change the oil and any recommended service when needed and that is it. It is a gem and would buy another from this dealer.

Original review: April 24, 2018

My Honda Accord has been a great car, durable, comfortable, reliable, economical and easy to drive. I have driven it for 12 years, and have never been disappointed.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I bought my used 2013 Honda Accord in April of 2016. Since the beginning I have kept up with all the maintenance requirements for my vehicle and have done my part to take good care of my car! My Honda has roughly 90K miles and I have not had any mechanical issues until now. I noticed that my car would not start like it normally did before; at the first attempt. My car gradually required numerous attempts to start the engine, sometimes requiring up to seven attempts. I took my car to the Honda Dealership in Jacksonville, FL last week. They gave me a diagnostic stating that my starter is going out and that the estimated repair cost would be between $800-$1000 depending on the type of starter I elect to purchase.

I decided to go with a remanufactured starter because the cost would be much less and it has a better warranty compared to a new starter. My thoughts (RED FLAG) when the service advisor told me that the starters for my year, make and model were backlogged. I had the dealership order the part anyways; downside is it will take about a week to come in. Just my luck, here we are just four days later; Saturday, (4/14/18) my car failed to start completely. Had to pay out of pocket $150 for towing and $225 for a vehicle rental for the next week. Honda is still waiting for the part to come in and I am disappointed that I am having to deal with all these extra expenses.

After further research, I've learned that this appears to be a common issue with 2013 Honda Accords. The number of consumer complaints regarding this same issue is astronomical. My real question would be, why has the Honda Corporation not recalled the starters for all 2013 Honda Accords? I've never owned a Honda before and this entire experience has left feeling insecure about the Honda vehicles reliability. This is not something any car owner wants to feel. I am truly disappointed and am considering never buying another Honda!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

We bought a 2015 Honda Accord Touring, it runs great but we had to replace the rear brake pads at 29,000 miles, the front pads were fine, the front pads do most of the stopping. The Honda tech tried telling me it was a corrosion problem, what a bunch of bull, he was not talking to a dummy, I told him so. They have a problem with the brake system. And no we don't drive with the emergency brake on. Others on here have that same rear brake problem. Next time I will go to a reputable brake shop not Honda.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I have complained about the camshaft on my 2009 Honda Accord as many other owner have with no satisfaction from Honda. Now I have a worse problem with the camshaft. This was a manufacturing defect with the camshaft and I sent in pictures in with the defect with my original complaint with no help from Honda. You the first repairs cost me $1,050 and now I must pay another $800 to repair the latest problem a camshaft bearing. I can't even get that much out of this monster if I sell it. I see where Honda has a class action suit against them for these problems. All I want is for Honda to pay my latest repair job so I can sell this car.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I own a Honda Accord 2017 V6 EXL, I have no problem with the car or services itself... I understand however that the V6 Honda Accords are not being made anymore... why would they do that. I like the car, but can get nothing on a trade, but yet they keep calling me to trade my auto... so I believe I am going to sell it. It has 2700 miles and is SHOWROOM NEW. My wife has a CRV which we love... don't know what I am going to do.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I’ve been already for 2 hours waiting for the car just to get in the shop. All the car Came after me already get fixed and they are just playing you around with those numbers. This is my 5th time here just trying to change the oil and every time I come here ended up take the car and leave.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

2014 Accord - Burns oil at 46,000 miles, over a quart every 1,000. Driver’s side visor fell off. Windshield washer not working. Driver’s seat memory is quirky. Battery goes dead when car is left to sit for 4 weeks or more. Front-end so low that it scrapes on curbs. Other than that, it’s a great car!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

High tech gadgetry causes terrible problems when it doesn't work. I bought a 2007 Honda Accord LX 2 months ago from a used car lot. Both ignition keys have fancy gadgets with 4 buttons mounted on them. The problem is with constant horn honking caused by a failing gadget. There is no way to remove these mounted gadgets from the keys using conventional tools. A second problem I have had is occasional locking up of the ignition where the key gets jammed and you can neither turn the ignition switch nor remove the key. This might be related in some way to the steering column but it's a huge frustration when it occurs.

Honda Accord Company Information