4.06/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Honda Accord

The Honda Accord is available as a sedan and a hybrid. Read more Honda reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Honda Accord Reviews

Original review: March 1, 2019

Updated on 03/04/2019: This car is a piece of... Well, you know the word. After 4 days in the repair shop they fixed the A/C on the car. Too bad they put a scratch on the hood and scraped a wheel that nobody knows how it happened. They had to take the entire front fascia and bumper off, but they didn't put the scratch on the hood. The car had been detailed an hour before it went into the shop to fix the A/C. The wheels were all shined. One had a scuff mark where it hit a curb and the scraped the wheel. I got into it with the service manager and he said it didn't happen there.

UPDATE: Today everything just stopped working. No cruise, no nothing. The buttons were not working no matter what I pushed. I didn't know what to do. I finally pulled over, shut the car down praying it would start. It did and it just all went away, meaning it all started working again. There are electrical problems with this car. I've got another 2 years and 10 mos before this lease expires. I am so glad I leased this lemon. I wish I went back to the Old Man's Chevy... And the last year of the Impala. NO MORE HONDA EVER. They are NOT RELIABLE like past customers say they are... Just try a new one folks and you'll be singing the blues too!

Original review: I've had my Honda Accord Touring Sedan just 8 weeks now. Less than 1400 miles on the clock. We had a sudden heat wave and I wanted to try the A/C out. All it blew was hot air. I took it to the dealer. They have now had the car 4 days and it is still not fixed. There are NO LOANERS either. So I'm paying for a new car that I'm unable to use through no fault of my own. The technology in this car is great. The ride sucks and this is NO TRIP CAR. The cabin noise is excessive for a redesigned car. This was an issue that I read disappeared with the 2018. Can't prove it by me. Road noise, and engine noise are issues.

The fan has an annoying whistle at low speeds. The interior of the car is well thought out. Everything is where it needs to be. The outside design is an eye catcher. But overall I would not give this car any better than a one star. I traded a 2013 Impala, that I bought USED and went over 100K without one issue. The last place I thought I'd end up owning a Honda was the repair bay! May very well be the last Honda I own.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

My 2008 Honda Accord has always made a weird noise when I turn the car on since I purchased it (June 2018). I didn’t think too much of it but then it started making the noise as I’m driving and oil light starts flashing. So I did a full synthetic oil change and it was fine for 2 weeks or so and then it started happening again. There should really be a recall on this seeing it can do damage to your vehicle's engine. I almost regret buying a Honda now. Will the Honda dealership cover this problem?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I bought a new 2018 Honda Accord Hybrid. I drove it for couple weeks and started to hear a low noise when I put it on reverse and push on the brakes, I took it back to the dealer, they found out about the problem but they say that Honda does not have a fix for that problem yet, that I have to wait, do not buy any Honda Accord 2018. They have a problem with the brakes.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Absolutely loved this car when I first purchased it. I have a very long daily commute and I was pulling just under 50mph. Ride was super comfortable and for a hybrid it has much better acceleration than anything I test drove. 3 months in, I would have given this car 5 stars for sure, but... out of nowhere, I stopped getting good gas mileage. I went from almost 50mpg, to right around 35mpg. That’s less than the regular Accord is rated at. Driving hasn’t changed, same exact drive to work, nothing has changed except I’m only avg 35mpg.

Went to the dealer left the car running so they could see my 33.8mpg and they couldn’t find anything wrong with. I went from filling up just a little more than once a week 4.5 days), to having to fill up twice a week. Found a couple of forums where people have had similar experiences. Really really disappointed. I spent the extra money to get the extra gas mileage and would have been better off buying a regular Accord.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I was driving my 2018 Honda Accord Touring 2.0 when it suddenly had a hard time accelerating. The car seems to have a hard time shifting and trouble accelerating. On the way to the dealer all the warning lights came on and the trouble accelerating continued. When I arrived at the dealer (Honda of Denton) a mechanic told the service advisor that it was "turbo lag" and normal. It's not turbo lag when the car has a hard time shifting and doesn't accelerate.

I left that dealer and went to another Honda dealer 20 miles away and I'm still waiting for a diagnosis. So this new car with only 5200 miles that I purchased to have reliable transportation is not. I wasn't offered a loaner or a rental so I'm out a car until they decide to fix it. This is supposed to the North American Car of the Year and I'm starting to regret buying it. Emails to Honda of North America go unanswered, it's very disconcerting that a company will not stand behind its product. I feel like now that I bought I'm on my own. Last Honda ever!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Accord?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Very worried of its reliability. I bought a 2018 Accord Touring brand new with 3 miles in May 2018: 4 days after purchasing the vehicle, a piece of plastic stripping on the side of the windshield came loose while driving on the highway – got replaced under warranty. About two months later we realized a stain on the windshield mounted camera black housing. Dealer inspected it and found the windshield to be leaking. They tried to seal it for a whole day and they were unsuccessful, they put me in a loaner for an extra day while they replaced the entire windshield. Two days ago, I opened the glove compartment and it could not latch back. So I’m now driving in a 6 month old car with a duct taped glove compartment till I can find time to go back to the dealer.

This morning while driving to work in the rain, I realized that the windshield that was just replaced is leaking. This is our first brand new car and we never imagined these many issues within 6 months. Our worry is, how did this vehicle get past QC? More importantly, if we are seeing these many issues within six months, what is in store for us when our 3 yr/36K miles warranty expires? Any advice on what I need to do with the vehicle? It really seems unjust to spend all this money and be spending my Saturdays at the Dealer waiting for vehicle to be fixed.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Leased brand new 2018 Honda Accord Ex. After just 15 miles had check engine light come. Had to take it back to the dealer. After 800 miles the steering wheel is off center. I have been very careful driving. I know I have not hit any potholes. I am so disappointed. I should have gone with my first choice of Mazda.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Purchased this car 3 months ago traded in 2016 Accord Touring was well satisfied with 2016 car. 2018 does not circulate air in the driver's under dash vent in automatic mode, on a long drive my feet get hot. Dealer told me to use the manual mode to direct the air to under dash vent. 2016 worked fine on automatic. No other problems at this time. The Honda Sense is better on the 2018, would recommend for any new purchase!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

My 2017 Honda Accord Sport has less than 7,000. I recently noticed a swooshing noise coming from front tires. Took it to the dealer and was told that it is the rim beading moving along the tire and that a Honda is aware of the problem, but doesn’t have a fix. The issue is getting louder and if Honda is aware they should fix it.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

October 7, 2018: After all the paint problems, and they finally get me a car that didn’t have paint damage. New problem with my 2018 Honda Accord. Supplemental Restraint System Problem light on before I even left the dealership with my new car at 7 miles. I told the dealership I would not take a car that had this problem. They assured me it was an easy fix, and something was just unplugged. When I go pick up the car after the supposedly easy fix, the light is off. Within 24 hours, the light is back on at 95 miles. My brand new car has sat at the dealership all week, and they have been unable to fix the car. They have been on the phone with Honda for days. A part was shipped from Honda overnight. Wonder if and when my brand new car will be fixed???

Honda Accord Company Information