Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Goodyear Auto Service Centers
3.62/5

Goodyear Auto Service Center

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

192 Goodyear Auto Service Centers Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 2, 2019

I have a BMW 2017 with a 28k miles. The car is equipped with Dunlop/Goodyear tires (Sports package). For the last several months I noticed my car was so noisy while driving. On 3/5/19 I took the vehicle to BMW (for routine checkup) and I brought up the tires issues to the technician at BMW. The technician said "This is a common problem with these tires". He recommended checking my wheels' alignment which turned to be perfectly fine. I contacted Goodyear customer service who initially insisted on taking vehicle to BMW (not to their Goodyear dealer). Which I already did, and BMW advised to contact Goodyear to check tires and replace them under warranty. Then Goodyear opened a claim for me (**) and advised me to take it to a Goodyear authorized dealer.

On 3/15/19 I took my car to Just Tires at 11040 Lee Highway, Fairfax, VA (An authorized Goodyear dealer). After 40 minutes of waiting, a technician came with a report that Goodyear will only cover 50% of warranty and they will give me 50% off new 4 tires because alignment check showed "severe misalignment" of my vehicle. I told the technician, "Are you serious? The alignment was checked last week (3/5/19) At BMW Sterling, VA and alignment was perfectly normal." He did not know what to say, he said, "This is what we got on our scale!" I then drove back to BMW Sterling (within 1 hour) and spoke with service manager who brought my vehicle on the alignment scale and my alignment was checked again was perfectly NORMAL! So, Goodyear appears to provide scam alignment reports as an exit strategy from their warranty obligations.

I emailed Goodyear customer service with all above facts and copy of all three alignments reports (two from BMW and one from Just Tires) which they completely ignored and did absolutely nothing to solve the problem. Their response to my complaints was simply (Take your vehicle to an authorized Goodyear dealer). I responded back to their email: "Did you really read my email?" And they replied back: "Take your vehicle to an authorized Goodyear dealer." I felt I was talking to a robot. Unfortunately, Goodyear turned to be a big scam (No durability or performance and what is even worse than that is their dishonesty and poor customer service.). N.B. these types of tires have 60k miles warranty on their website.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for letting us know what happened, Mohammed. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience during your visit and we would like to address this. Can you Please give us a call at 1-800-321-2136 ext 5? We are available between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I went to the service center here in Rome, GA on 03/26/19 around 08:00 in the morning to see if they had the time to replace an idler arm pulley and use the new belt that I had already purchased. He said that they would look at it. After twenty minutes he came back and informed me that it would cost me $158.00 and they would use the new belt that I had brought with me. When I told him that that was too much, he presented me with a bill for $43.00 I asked him what I was being charged for and he stated that he had trouble finding people to work for free. So I asked if Goodyear no longer provided free estimates? And he said if I can find someone who will work for nothing. This seemed a little extreme being familiar with what I needed and the cost they were expecting. The Company advised that they were turning it over to their District Manager for review.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for letting us know what happened, Joe. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience during your visit and we would like to address this. Please give us a call us at 1-800-321-2136 Ext 5. We are available between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: March 14, 2019

If I can leave a zero, I would. I unfortunately left my car with a Goodyear location for a simple oil change and brake job. Little did I know it would cost me much more than I was quoted. I got my car back the next day. Less than 8 hours later, the issue I took it in for returned. I called them and they told me that it was not their fault and that I signed a paper authorizing payment, I also signed a paper stating that I was basically a mechanic and was leaving with accepting all work was done properly. (At least according to them). Now, I am not a mechanic. I took it to a mechanic that my community trusted and he showed me the parts that were supposed to be replaced were not. On top of that, they did not even put oil back in my car. The day I was schedule for an oil change is the day everything went bonkers.

Since the "techs" did not put oil back in my car, my engine broke. Verified with a mechanic that I had zero leaks, yet zero oil. This caused me to be without my car for FIVE months while waiting for my dealership to get a new one in. My only condolence was that my car was still under warranty. Now, since I am disputing these charges, Goodyear and Citi are both refusing to take responsibility and now Citi is wrecking my credit because they lied to me regarding their dispute process. I will urge everyone reading this, do not use Goodyear anymore. They are not qualified and expect ALL customers to already be licensed mechanics. Well, if we were mechanics, why would we need to take our vehicles to someone else? As soon as I can find a lawyer that will take my case, I will go after both just for principle.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for telling us what happened, Jonathan. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience during your visit and we would like to address this. Please give us a call at 1-800-321-2136 Ext 5. We are available between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I had a terrible experience trying to get my 2003 Toyota Highlander fixed at the South Loop Chicago Goodyear. My car needed some immediate tire repair (bolt in tire) but had also been making a rattling noise coming from the rear suspension when traveling at higher speeds and going over bumps. I asked the manager to take a look and was told they would get an estimate to me by the end of the day (Sunday). Took them until Monday afternoon to give me a quote for $2200, but they said they could work the price down to $1900. Even though the price wasn’t great, I agreed for to them doing the job. They said they would have it done by Tuesday.

After many phone calls and excuses, they ‘finished’ the job by 5 pm on Wednesday. I was told over the phone that the job was delayed due to receiving two left struts, but was then told a different excuse in person for receiving struts for 2 wheel drive instead of AWD. So the main complaint during these initial interactions is that they took 4 full days to replace sway bar links and struts (which were quick strut assemblies requiring very little labor). Rather than giving me an accurate estimate of time, they continued to lie about how long the job would take.

After I took the car off the lot and drove on the highway, the same exact rattling noise was there. I called Goodyear immediately, and decided to take the car back the following week. After a couple of days they diagnosed the problem to be related to the control arms, and it would cost $1200 but could get the price down to $900 after I refused to pay any more money. Considering that they charged me over $800 in labor for the original job (over $500 for removing old struts and replacing with quick strut assemblies), I argued with them that they should cover all costs to fix the original rattling. They said absolutely not, so I decided to get a second and third opinion about what was causing the rattling.

I had two independent auto shops (Velasquez and Sons Mufflers in Hanover Park and Firestone in South Loop Chicago). They both told me the problem was with the newly installed rear struts being defective. When I asked them to assess the control arms, they both told me they were fine and that wasn’t the source of the rattling. Knowing that the struts are under warranty with Goodyear, I took the car back to them and showed them the inspection notes from Firestone. The manager said the other auto shops were lying. After much arguing with management, money spent, time wasted, and Goodyear's inability to diagnose and fix the initial rattling noise, I lost all trust in Goodyear to do any more work on my car. I am in the process of finding another Goodyear location that will honor my warranty to fix my rear struts.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for telling us what happened, Michael. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience during your visit and we would like to address this. Can you please give us a call at 1-800-321-2136 Ext 5? We are available between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Horrible customer service at Madison Heights, MI GOODYEAR. Waited in the lobby for an hour with an appointment for tire installation. No one ever moved my vehicle or touched it to begin install. Very rude! No one even greeted me when I first entered the lobby. Returned tires. Won’t be purchasing Goodyear anymore!

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for letting us know what happened during your recent visit. We are sorry to hear that we've kept you waiting. We know that having a friendly staff makes for a great experience and we apologize if that is not what you received. Please give us a call so that we may determine what options are currently available to you. You can reach us at 1-800-321-2136 Ex 5 between the hrs of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodyear Tires?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Do not fall for their 6 month special financing at 0%. It is a lie. They lull you into thinking it is applied, but your local store has to apply it with a special code. Pretty shady company. They are crooks. Their customer service is unbelievably rude, too. They basically tell you that you have to return to your local store to apply the special financing. The store would then have to call their customer service, wasting everyone's time. Goodyear has lost a customer. They are banking on everyone being duped by this scheme, so they can collect interest charges they tell you won't be applied. Untruthful and dishonest company.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for telling us what happened. We offer you our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience. We would like to look into this matter. Can you please give us a call so that we may begin to work on resolving this for you? Can you please contact us at 1-800-321-2136? Ext 5. You can reach us between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Goodyear Service Center on US-1 in Homestead, FL scratched all four of my alloy rims during a tire installation, balancing, and alignment on 11/23/18. Scratches are in the same areas on all four rims in a rotational pattern and occur a half inch to an inch away from where the rim meets the tire. The shop manager denied responsibility for their negligence and damage, and referred me to Goodyear’s customer service department which then referred me to their property damage department.

A Goodyear corporate goon then sent one of their insurance agents out to file a report and swiftly denied the claim. From what I can tell in researching online complaints, this seems to be Goodyear’s modus operandi. They deny claims and then pat themselves on the back for saving money and screwing over their customers. I did my homework and found a guy online with rim scratches exactly like mine which happened to him during a tire install in the northeast. It ended up being the fault of the shop in that a Teflon pad in the tire installing machine failed to work properly. I wish I would have done my homework and not spent my money at Goodyear Service Centers. They are unethical and unprofessional. Worse, they are amateur mechanics that can’t even install tires properly - which is supposedly Goodyear’s area of expertise. Be warned: do not let them touch your vehicle!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I went to the Goodyear Auto Service Center at 300 Harrison St., Endicott, NY on 9/12/18 to try and stop a very unusual screeching and squeal in the front of my 2000 Lincoln. Invoice # ** resulted with major repairs and parts totaling 1,045.41. The result was no improvement in the strange noise from the front... It only got worse. Ultimately I went to a private general repair shop, West Shore Auto Care, State St., Lemoyne, PA to seek remedy, They applied a liberal amount of grease

to the outer front ball joint of the vehicle. Result... Noise gone!! Cost: 20.00. What more need be said folks.... Take your vehicle to a shop that employs mechanics, not parts replacers or you will get skinned unmercifully as I did. Avoid Goodyear at all costs!!!

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for telling us what happened, John. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience during your visit and we would like to address this. Please give us a call at 1-800-321-2136. We are available between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I have taken my car to Good Year in Madison, WI 3 times in 3 months and have had the Exact SAME issues with my car yet every time they diagnose something else and this last time I was told they did a diagnostics check and that the new repair would be $600 and not only is the car doing the same thing (it stopped for 2 weeks and started again) but there's no test on the invoice, no record of me calling 3 weeks ago saying I really needed to get this looked at but they didn't even list all the things I told them was happening!

Now I'm stuck right before Christmas with a car that isn't running g well and leaks fumes inside where my son has to ride 30 min to and 30 min from school! The customer in front of me in line were in there because the repair they just had done was ALSO not "fixed" and wanted it rechecked!!! I was yelled at in front of my daughter when I asked too many questions the last time I was in and the only reason I even went back is because I was worried if I took it somewhere else a warranty may not be valid but they just lied and sent me away!

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

We are so sorry to hear that, Angela. Can you please give us a call so that we can begin to work on resolving this for you? You can reach us at 1-800-321-2136 between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

On April 13, 2018, I paid to have my car serviced by Goodyear after it suddenly overheated/leaking coolant. At that time Goodyear did a diagnostic and replaced the water pump which they said was leaking (since they said it wasn’t covered by Ford Warranty) and performed a coolant flush as well as installed a new thermometer. Car mileage approx 52000 miles.

5 months later (and less than 4000 miles), on Sept. 24, 2018, I paid Goodyear for a diagnostic charge after my car overheated and my check engine light came on. During diagnostic, it was discovered my coolant level was low again and Goodyear's team claimed it was most likely a sensor issue since they had already replaced the coolant pump and thermostat at last service, I declined servicing for the sensor because I didn’t agree that was the root cause. The team topped off the coolant (never addressed as it was low again) as well as performed a standard Oil change on my 2014 Ford Escape. Car mileage approx 56000.

24 days later and less than 600 miles (approx. mileage 56600) on October 18, 2018, my car displayed a low oil pressure warning. When I checked my vehicle, all the oil had leaked out (later I saw an oil spot in my driveway). Additionally my coolant had dropped below the minimum level again. I had my vehicle towed to a Ford dealership (since Goodyear clearly didn't do something right) where they identified the following issues: The oil filter was leaking and therefore, depleted all oil from my car. My coolant level was below the minimum due to my water pump leaking. The coolant in the reservoir was the wrong type for my car and had to be flushed. When I talked with my local Goodyear who performed the service, they stated they could cover the cost of repairs at FORD, but wouldn't refund any of the previous repairs, most which needed to be corrected or redone.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for reaching out to us, Carolyn. Please know we understand your frustration with this situation and would like to assist you. Please give us a call so that we can determine what options are available to you at this moment. You can reach us at 1-800-321-2136 between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST Monday through Friday. We have already started a claim for you and will be sending you a private message with the claim number.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers Company Information