Goodyear Auto Service Centers
1.19/5
  • 1 star
Based on 139 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Goodyear Auto Service Center

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 5, 2018

153 Goodyear Auto Service Centers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I have been to location at 1520 Hebron Pkwy 75010 a few times. I have had excellent customer service before but today 1/5/18, I noticed new management when I made an appointment at location day before for 930 oil change. Arrived 9:23 and left at 11:06. No offer in regards to discounts available, no apologies for wait time and customers in and out before me that had no appointment and came in after me. I would like to know what happened to previous manager and some type of compensation for the poor customer services.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I took my car to Good Year in Oxon Hill MD because my check engine light was on. I described to the manager Ann that the car was shutting down and had to be jumped to get it started. I left the car there and a few hours later Lamar called and said that one problem was that I needed a new battery. I said ok. The next day Lamar called and said the car was ready. I immediately went there to pick up my car. I paid my fees and left. I was about a half a block from the store at a light and the car began to shake. I turned around and went back to Good Year. I told Ann that the car was shaking. She came out and drove the car. While out the check engine light came back on and the car began to shake and there was a sound coming from the car that wasn't there. She said I could leave the car again and they'd do more diagnostic services on the car but I would have to pay more money. I refused and left.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Didn't Add Enough Oil - Engine Locked-Up. Refuses Responsibility. I've been getting my oil changed from Goodyear at Town Center Pkwy, Slidell, LA 70458 for over a year now and after my last oil change a month and half ago and 2k miles the engine locked up. Toyota of New Orleans inspected the vehicle and found no oil leaks, burning of oil, nor tampering of the vehicle. After several attempts on my part, Goodyear finally agreed to send someone out to inspect the vehicle. The third party company only drained the oil, nothing more, and discovered there was only 1.5 quarters of oil in the vehicle when there should have been 5.5 quarters. Toyota said there is no way my vehicle burnt 4 quarts of oil in 2K miles and in their opinion Goodyear did not add enough oil. Goodyear denied the claim without explanation.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Goodyear Webster NY - My tailpipe had corroded and was hanging off the underside of my 2004 Ford F150. I asked Frank if I could bring in my truck to see if they could remove the hanging piece and give me an estimate on a repair. When I arrived, they took the truck and put it on a lift. I waited and watched from the waiting room. I was told that they could not do the repair and that I should take it to a welding shop for an estimate. I asked them if they could cut the piece off and I would take my truck to another shop. I watched them use a BLOW TORCH to remove the piece of pipe. It was dark out when I left so I did not see the damage to my truck.

When I looked at it on Saturday I immediately called and asked to speak to Frank. He was not available. I do not know who I spoke to but he said to bring in the truck and he would look at it. When I came in Frank didn't even look at me. The other guy looked at my truck and said that the pipe had been pressing up against the underside of my truck and had burned it. I said no - that is NOT a nicely melted piece of plastic. THAT is from the BLOWTORCH. He denied it again. So I left. I will NEVER take my truck back to them again. I will find another shop. If you do damage to a vehicle FESS UP. I went to the Ford dealer and ordered a replacement piece. It was $22.00. These guys suck. Does this picture look like it was melted by a piece of pipe?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I took my vehicle into Goodyear Auto Service Center at 4201 N 23rd St McAllen TX 78504. The sticker date is 11/12/17. I had taken my vehicle in July or (August). My vehicle is a 2004 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer. The work I got done was an oil change. The mechanic that did the work had overtightened the Oil filter. Oil was spilling out. My fiancee called & took my vehicle back to get looked at. The manager saw the issue. Had a new mechanic fix the issue. As my vehicle was on the lift he had a problem try to get the oil filter off. My vehicle was rocking. Now due to all of this I now have an oil leak which I never had before. I am a Goodyear card holder for over 7 years. I called them and no help. Now I have to keep an eye on oil.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodyear Tires?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I took my 2013 Buick to a Goodyear Auto Service center after it broke down on me going to work. After I had it towed there the tech broke the bad news and gave me an outrageous price. I have it fixed. Not even a year later same problem. Hell even bought a tire and it's definitely defective. Don't spend your money with these crooks.

Original review: July 18, 2017

My husband set up an appointment for a simple oil change/tire rotation service directly after work. 2 hours later, overcharged, uncompleted work and blatant disregard for my time since I was never approached that my car was "done." These smart vehicles have the ability to notify US of any issues. Imagine my "delight" as I begin driving, after said appointment to see a notification that my car was NOT SERVICED!! I paid $68.62 for NOTHING!!

Original review: July 3, 2017

On July 2nd I scheduled an oil change with Goodyear Auto Service at 9 am for July 3rd online. The email confirmation stated any change I would be notified by email. I arrived at 9 am as scheduled and was told they tried to contact me by phone but my voicemail was not set up to reschedule for the next day. Then explained to me someone called out. That was their reason for poor service. I will never bring any work to Goodyear due to not even trying to make it right. Just was told "Sorry." This was a waste of time and money.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I came in at 7:30 am on 3/31/17 for oil change and tire rotation. The manager told me they would work on it until their 8 am appointment showed then they would have to switch to that and they also had a 9 am but would have it done by 10 am. However, a guy comes in right before the 8am appointment and wants 4 new tires and alignment and lo and behold they are working feverishly on his vehicle while here at 9:41 am mine is still sitting. So I guess sale of product overrides a service. Then their 9 am shows up for oil change and tire rotation and they tell him it would be 2-1/2 to 3hrs. I don't know about you but I can complete an oil change on my own car in 10 mins and could rotate tire prob in 20mins. Only diff is I can't balance them at home so I won't be coming back here.

Original review: April 30, 2017

I make an appointment for oil change on the internet for my Honda Civic 2007 today April 30 at 12 noon. They call me and told me if I could take it at 10:00 a.m. When I got there they said they will have to keep it until 4:00 p.m. They will call me when it was done. They call me at 3:30 and said they did not had a chance to do it if I can leave there for the next day. They kept the car for six hours and did not do it. I was without transportation for six hours for nothing. And still want a kept it for one more day. I work Mondays. This is not right. Is the worst customer service I've seen. This is the first time I go to Goodyear and will be my last. This was at Goodyear auto service 5970 Crawfordsville Road Indianapolis IN 46224-3708.

Original review: April 18, 2017

So we came in to get a patch on our tire and so far been here about 2 hrs now. Said only 2 people working. Too bad one of the two men working the desk couldn't put a patch on. Wish we would have went to our local tire Service.

Original review: March 29, 2017

I went up to Goodyear because the muffler, that had been hanging by a thread, had (finally) fallen off my car. I was looking to replace the muffler and the exhaust pipe. The brake light was also on, so I went in to get it checked. They said that it was the rear brakes and that the back tires didn't move (so essentially the car was being dragged by the front wheels).

They couldn't give me ANY estimate about how much it would cost to repair the car, because even after they took the brakes off they might SEE something else. They did say that I needed a new muffler and exhaust pipe, but that while they were fixing the exhaust they might SEE something else that needs repair. I was almost like, "do you want to fix the car, or not"? They found some other stuff like a brake light out. But does it REALLY cost $29.00 to replace a brake light bulb? I was just curious if anyone ever had complaints about Goodyear, so I googled it. Wow, looks like I'm not the only one who feels leery about this company. I will be getting the car fixed, elsewhere. Thanks.

Original review: March 24, 2017

Goodyear on Clay Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202. I had an appt today at 1 pm, got there early and was told they were running behind. I ordered the Full Synthetic Oil change with free tire rotation. 45 minutes later the store manager Bill came to sell me air filters. I thought my car was done but no and he said they wouldn't mind taking me to work since it will not be done in time. Then he came out 15 mins later saying the tech put the wrong oil in it and he needed to take me to work and I needed to leave my vehicle with them. I said "NO, I am off work in 2 hours and have someone following me home then I am leaving for out of town. I need my car now." I got in to find the passenger seat covered in stains and wet. I immediately took two pictures of it. I am contacting their corporate office and filing an official complaint to have my car cleaned. If the store manager would just have been honest with me, I would have left my car to let them clean it.

Original review: March 16, 2017

I had my car serviced at Good Year Tire and Service on February 2, 2017 for a transmission flush, coolant flush, and oil change. Now their services say they check for leaks. 16 days later my 2012 Nissan Versa was towed back to Goodyear on Levitt Parkway, Willingboro, NJ and after diagnosing they said I need a new transmission because my transmission oil coolant line rusted out and all fluid leaked. No they are not at fault for the line being rusted but what they are at fault for they failed to check lines for leaks. Had they did they should had let me know my pipe was rusted and they didn't. So I paid for services that they didn't complete at 100 percent and had they notified me I would of taken care of the rusted pipe and would not be replacing an engine. Picture of what state that shows they should be checking for leaks and receipt.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

It was my original intent to ask Goodyear for a second customer card since mine seems to wander between the drivers in our family. My local retailer, Burlington Tire & Auto, in our long (20 years?) relationship must be the diamond in Goodyear's crown! Poor service is ever with us but the vitriolic reviews I encountered online for some reason other Goodyear retailers across the nation prompted this response. Ask your retailer if he/she knows Bill Anders (Burlington owner) or values the new customer coming through the door as much as his oldest. Be careful, answers to those questions can keep you free of the Internet complaint crowd. Really!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

Last year I bought a car from a deal, and it was too cold to do work myself. I went to Goodyear, for some small repairs. When a guy came out he told me that he had to do this and so on running my bill up higher, and still didn't do what I needed. It was what he wanted to do. Since then my alignment has been no good, tie rod ends, toe shaft. Everything since that day has been falling apart. Their prices were 200% higher and their knowledge of mechanical engineering was questionable at best. This store is located in Mooresville Indiana on High St. Don't go there.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

By Wednesday eve noticed a burned oil smell! I crawled underneath to discover the oil drain plug was loose and crossthreaded. They looked to have tried to cover this up by them putting blue liquid gasket all over the plug! Undercarriage and driveway after just 24 hours looks like 4 quarts had already leaked out! Stopped by there this am, dude says "we all use torque drivers. It's impossible we would have cross threaded it!" Wow modern stupidity (normally easiest way to strip/cross thread) using air or power tools! I bi-weekly check every bolt on her ride (multiple issues over last 6 months). Was at an AC shop 1 week prior with no issues! I plan on taking car to them tonight! Making sure they replace oil pan gaskets and now oil and filter again! Simple as this! Or I will be in jail guaranteed!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

My experience was the worst, I was totally disrespected, talked over when I tried to talk to this person. He simply refused to listen to anything I had to say, so I'll say it now. All prices for everything are way too high. I would like very much to state this man's name! Store manager 40 Parsonage Rd. Menlo Park, NJ 08837

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I purchased brand new Goodyear Kevlar tires for my 2014 F350 4x4 platinum truck and was told they were great tires, very aggressive for off-road, and strong against flat tires from nails. I own a roofing company. I paid over $2000 for these tires and one year later I have had two blow-outs, and the tires are completely worn out. One year and the tires are history. They totally suck for driving, they wear out faster than any tire I have ever purchased. DO NOT BUY GOODYEAR Kevlar off-road tires unless it's for a weekend jeep. Goodyear you suck.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

My mom who is elderly brought her Buick to Goodyear auto service. They quoted her almost 1000.00 to fix her catalytic converter. Also charged her 120.00 to put on the diagnostic tester to tell her what was wrong. Normally this testing is free at Advance Auto but not here. We took her car to Midas down the road and they fixed for under 500.00 dollars. I give them the worst rating because they tried and did rip off my elderly mother. Shame on this place.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

Service Manager, Jamie, was extremely rude when I brought in my car today for a low tire. I have purchased tires from this location for over 30 yrs and am a former Goodyear Tire and Rubber employee and have never been treated so rudely. I will no longer patronize this location. I will also strongly encourage my community not to patronize this location. I called and was treated cordially by Kevin and told there would a maximum an hour wait. When I arrived 2 minutes later, Service Mgr Jamie, rudely informed me that I would have to wait 3 hrs just to check my low tire. This is not repair. I find it reprehensible since 3 gentlemen including the manager are sitting at the service counter. I encourage all not to patronize this store! I also purchased the tire protection plan when I bought my tires!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

I purchase a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland new in 2015. I love the Jeep but after spending $54,000.00 for my Grand Cherokee I am very unhappy with the Goodyear Fortera 265/50R20 tires. I have had the dealer rotate them every 6000 miles and the tires now have 27,000 miles on them and they are completely bald with almost zero tread on them. These tires are terrible!! I have always gotten at least 50,000 miles before replacing.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

My son took his car here for an oil change and a week later the check oil light came on, so He took it back... At this point they told him it was leaking oil at the rate of 5 quarts an hour and they would have to look at it and let him know what was wrong, but they were looking at least $300. They showed him that is was leaking oil... My son who knows nothing about cars called me immediately.

They called him the next day and told him it was the R&R Valve Solenoid and it was going to cost over $1000. I called and asked them to fax me an estimate. The estimate had the part R&R Valve Solenoid as costing $594.92, and $186.90 labor. They charged for the diagnostic which should be taken away if you let them fix the car and they charged for an engine cleaning for $59.90 labor with diagnostic charges and they even changed him $16.00 for 4 quarts of oil.

When we spoke to Alan he did remove the diagnostic charge. We called NAPA and they had never heard of an R&R Valve Solenoid, turns out R&R means repair and replace. My son called them to verify the name of the part which was written on the estimate and we researched it online and the required part and it cost a whopping $79.00... My husband who has been working on cars for 40 years and I drove to Naples from Miami with the part in hand and once we talked to the very fast talking front desk guy Alan, who was very rude to my son he told us this was not the correct part. I showed him the estimate and at that point he was still being very rude and went to talk to his manager.

When the manager came out he would only talk to me, not my son. They were so upset that they were caught, they literally threw the keys at my son and told him to take the car somewhere else and have it fixed... At the end of the day, the part that they told needed to be replaced was not the part with the issue. The actual part was a gasket which cost $42.00 and my husband replaced it for free and the engine cleaning was can of Gunk which cost $5.00 - $953.54.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

I went to this location to have a wheel alignment done on my daughter's car and mine. They came stating she needed wheel bearings and I needed a tie rod. We had the work completed. After the so-called work was completed and I was assured a wheel alignment w/ my new set of tires I purchased as well... wheel alignment was not done correctly... steering wheel was not centered and I could no longer turn to the left w/out a struggle. I take it back and they then state I needed a rack and pinion replacement. I get that fixed and ask redo wheel alignment also. Wheel alignment was still not done correctly... my vehicle was then returned to me off centered and squeaking! I take back they say "you need brakes/rotors/pads!" To no avail my wheel alignment was not done or my daughters... yet they were paid for all of these services.

I took it to belle tire and they showed me photo of no wheel alignment being done and fixed my car the first time w/out a problem. My daughter car was checked and belle tire stated she hadn't had a wheel alignment either. We returned to Wearmasters/Goodyear and they refused to issue a refund for the wheel alignments. I repeat NEVER give them your business! You will regret it. The mechanics look nowhere near professional and they are scams... I was also told this by others I shared this story with. I was surprised to hear they'd visited this establishment and said the same thing--that they are CROOKS. I will also be calling Goodyear and the Better Business Bureau to make a report. I spent over a $1,000 w/ them. God doesn't like ugly and they will reap what they sow!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2016

Had my water pump replaced in October 2015. On 081116 my car dealership told me my entire cooling system including the pump is clogged with a large amount of fix a leak product. Relayed issue with Goodyear location. On 081216 I spoke also with their Corporate office whom put me on hold and contacted that location. Corporate office returned telling me the location has told them 3 of their employees told me "I" have been told not to use fix a leak product in my vehicle. So they lied. My dealership has informed me that it will cost me $2014 to repair the whole coming system. I am in disbelief. Currently I am renting a vehicle to manage. I have sent the estimate to the Corporate office. I have not received a reply. What should I do?

Original review: July 24, 2016

Like others have stated, I went in for the "FREE" tire repair. Suddenly a FREE tire repair caused by a small nail in the tire turned into me needing a whole new tire at $140. I declined and took my car to a small local tire shop where I paid a (whopping) $12.00 for the repair. Somebody needs to call Chris Hansen on these people!!!

Original review: July 11, 2016

Show in the Riverside CA location 3863 Tyler St. To get change of oil, using a coupon for $17.88 regular price was $29.99. Wow I want to save money. Go in to the desk to request service, the price is for members. They ask me for my license to and my information, after that they ask me for my social to be able to qualify for the discount. Ask the person, "how much is the regular price on the oil change," answers me "$39.99." All this are only a false advertising or the employee from this location is doing his own rules.

Original review: June 28, 2016
I went to Goodyear shop in Indianapolis downtown for oil change with coupon. They also checked my tires for low pressure and identified that there is a nail - I got a call from them and informed me that I need to change the tire. I asked to repair it and they said they can't repair since it's at "Unrepairable spot in the tire".

Next day I took the car to local tire puncture shop, and they fixed it for $15. And they shown me it's middle of the tire, so Good year lied for business... is this is the way to gain the customer/money? BAD. Change the name from Goodyear to Bad year.

I went to Goodyear again (not the same shop). For my car ac issue. And they replaced the coolant flush and radiator -- so much miscommunication and they charged me $83 - later I am back to home and try to fix the AC by recharging AC refrigerant and as soon as I open the car I found the bottle of 'lubricant...' They forgot to put that in my coolant/radiator system... super? If I would have not open then. I would have run the car like that and burn the engine?

Well... next day I went the same shop and show the bottle... and the lady said. "No problem will put it today." And they checked my AC and said, "I need to replace the compressor because they found a hole on it." And it costs me $650. And now you guys can guess what's going on here. NEVER EVER I go to Good year in my life. My experience with Goodyear was soo bad and I don't know I should call it was my bad time or.

Original review: June 25, 2016

Years ago the service at this Goodyear West Dixie Highway Center, North Miami was very good. Now, the service has declined drastically under the current store manager, who is extremely rude. Also, they are well known in trying to get customers to spend more by telling customers about all the "so called" many other issues that are apparently wrong with the car instead of sticking to the main problem that you took the car in for. It's near my home but definitely will never be going back after the disrespectful treatment I received when complaining about a service problem they created after working on my car.

Original review: June 13, 2016

I had my 2009 Lincoln MKX taken into Goodyear Auto Service Center to replace all four tires. Along with the replacement of my two outer tie rods and a New York State car Inspection. The service took place at 1985 East Ridge Road in Irondequoit, New York 14622. I received my Suv back later to realize that my ignition hesitated to turn over when starting my car. I also had my check brake system light come on. I called the shop to explain what problems I was having with my vehicle. The reply of the person who answered the phone was that my car had too many miles on it. I told him that before I had my car taking in to them for service my ignition was starting just fine and now it doesn't along with the service brake system coming on.

He wants me to take it in again but I am a bit skeptic. I don't know what to do. Could I take it to another shop and have Goodyear pay for the expenses? I don't understand why my ignition has problems if changing two tie rods and four tires has nothing to do with my ignition unless they were tinkering with the car. Something made me suspicious when he said that they don't do those things here without me saying they did. All I told him is that before I took my car in for service my ignition was not giving me any problems.

Goodyear Tires expert review by Lauren Fix

Goodyear Auto Service was established in 1924 and now operates over 1,200 service centers. Goodyear Tire & Rubber owns the chain. They sell and mount tires, perform preventative maintenance and provide some repairs.

• Find tires: Interested customers can input the make and model of their vehicle and find tires that will fit their automobile. Then, they can select the features they want to narrow down their options. Some customers may need to know the specific size of their tires.

• Live chat: Consumers with questions can go to Goodyear Auto Service’s website to chat with a representative. Chat is available Monday through Friday from 9a.m.—9p.m. EDT.

• Customer education: The Tire Basics section of the brand’s website provides easy to understand information about buying and maintaining tires.

• Warranty information: Warranty information is detailed on the chain’s website. Interested consumers can read the details and limitations of tire and auto service warranties before they make a purchase.

• Online scheduling: Goodyear Auto Service’s website has an online scheduling tool. Consumers select the location they would like to go to, the services they need performed and the day and time they would like to come. Same day appointments are often available.

• Best for: Goodyear Auto Service Centers cater to those looking for Goodyear produced tires and want auto services provided at the same location.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers Company Information

www.goodyear.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use