Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

186 Goodyear Auto Service Centers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 23, 2019

Today is 4/23/2019 and I just picked my vehicle up from one of your locations and there has been damage to the lower front end bumper. Store Location: 9631 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Fredericksburg, Va 22407 Manager **. I went into today for a leaking tire and suspension diagnosis and I specifically told the salesman when checking in to notate on my paperwork that the car is NOT to be pulled into a parking spot when they are done, that it can only be backed in. I explained to the salesman that the car is lowered and will hit the curb if someone isn't careful.

Upon picking my car up I saw that the car was pulled into the parking spot and when I went to look at the car it had be pulled up over the curb and the carbon fiber is scrapped on the front and bottom. I immediately went inside and asked the Manager ** to come outside and see where it was scratched. I asked him why was the car pulled into the parking spot when I specifically stated to only back the car in. His response was only "sorry about that". He offered to do nothing about it and walked back into the building. I told him I would be calling the corporate office since he was not concerned about the damages.

I will file a complaint with my insurance company for the damages if we can not come to a repair solution immediately. I'm more upset at the fact that my customer request was not followed and more upset that the technician driving the car knew he ran on the curb (because he would have heard and felt it scrap) and then didn't bother to tell the manager that he made a mistake. This is poor customer service and responsibility on the technician and manager of one of your stores.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

We apologize for the inconvenience, Melissa. Can you please Contact us directly. We are available Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm EST. We would like to determine what options are available to you at this time. We have already started a claim for you and sent you a private message with that claim number. Please have your claim number in hand when you contact us. Thank you!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 11, 2019

I went in count my car was missing and not running right. So I went into Goodyear at South Point Fredericksburg Virginia. He told me it was catalytic converter and it would be 1200. Then he said, "No it's not that. It's the fuel pump and it would be 560." So I said, "Ok fix it" then went back a to pick it up. When it was in the manager said it running so good. I said, "Great." I got into driveway. It could it was awful. How could they say that when they drove it around to me so again it was back in shop doing what it was doing in the first place. He said now it was the spark plugs. Do they did that and once again picked up. He said I would smell gas cause they got some on when change fuel pump. Ok day after it didn't start right so I took back. He said the fuel pump they put in was bad so got another back in shop.

Pick up days later again then the worst happened. I was out of gas all of a sudden when I had half tank the day before. Went to Fas Mart to get gas. It started coming out of side of car under car the pouring out!!! Omg. Called them. They said for me to call tow truck and get it back there for me to call. The gas smell was awful. When tow truck came it was running out of car. Still it filled his truck up with gas to when carrying it. They said another fuel pump was need. It was the wrong one they put on. Awful. Back again in shop. My car was awful smell. I had to get another car. I ask for part of my money back. Nope nothing. Beware of taking your car there.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

We apologize for the inconvenience, Kim. Can you please Contact us directly. We are available Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST. We would like to determine what options are available to you at this time. We have already started a claim for you and sent you a private message with that claim number. Please have your claim number in hand when you contact us. Thank you!

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 5, 2019

This place needs to be reported for fraud and abuse. After over $4 thousand in work that I believe was unneeded my car is now stalling when I start to drive and the engine and tire balance lights come on and off. I simply went in for a routine maintenance. I had been going to the same mechanic for over 20 years. I had followed all maintenance schedules on this car and done oil changes. I was told by a mechanic this particular mileage level would need the timing belt done and likely cost total with labor $1k for my type of car. This was told to me by a well respected local mechanic. He was warning me that it would be UP TO that price. I had to find a new mechanic and ended up going with Good Year in Capitola for the first time.

My car is a 2009 PT Cruiser and Kelly Blue Book price for my car in GOOD condition which it WAS when I brought it in and now it may not be considered even good being it is stalling is less than $5k. Meaning, if a car insurance were to say I needed over $4 thousand in work on my car? They would say my car was considered totaled and would say it was not worth working on it.

I have had 4 cars in my lifetime and never at one time have I been told I need over $1000 in work done. They also of course told me I need two new tires. What I found odd and interesting (in a bad way) is a place that specializes in tires left two of my tires without caps on the air valves. Of all places! So bad it is funny. Kinda!

They told me that I needed more work done than my car is worth and now won't even honor fixing the mess they made. The most expensive thing they worked on (see pics attached) is camshaft belt and the engine code read says that the problem is surprise surprise "Camshaft position sensor. Bank-1" So, the very thing I spent the most on has a problem? The manager Joe says to me I should have asked them to fix the sensor too. I told him I cannot ask them to fix something I had no idea even existed. I did not know that part existed till I was made aware of its very existence when the scanner told me it existed after the engine light came on and it was read with a scanner.

That is ludicrous logic. I am supposed to foretell problems and have knowledge of parts I have never heard of before. And He says to me that "is what they get paid big bucks for" and claims he has no idea what this code means or how much it would cost or how long it would take to fix etc. He says they would not pay for nor guarantee the work and that they did not cause the problem in any way. Even though they were just working in that area of my car.

They just took as much money from me as my car is worth (or more) and expect me to pay more? I do not even trust them. To be honest even if they said they would check it and do any following work for free. At this point I'd not trust them. This is very shady. I only allowed this work to be done because I am at a very low point in my life with a son who has almost died and they knew this info and took advantage of a person not thinking clearly. Not ok.

BTW Manager Joe says "I have people check the tire balance 25 times a day." That is his rationale to why my tire balance light keeps coming on since they had my car. I paid $50.25 for a new tire sensor on one tire. Maybe it was not put in correctly or I did not get one at all? I had to add the main reason I picked this place as my new mechanic shop is that their website said they have a shuttle to pick you up and then when I went to take my car in they told me they do not have one! The check-in process was horrible too. A very old man was there and I do not think he knows how to type. It was excruciating waiting for him to get the most basic info into the computer. Don't bother trying to give him any important info or anything other than your name and car. But no they do not have a shuttle. I should have walked out then. That was a sign.

I also have smelly and noticeable exhaust coming out since getting the work done. Air is not coming out of vents on my driver side at my feet anymore. I read this could be a vacuum problem which coincidentally can cause stalling. Which could be a simple loose wire which they could have left loose but their manager said they did nothing wrong and I have to pay to have them do any work to investigate.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

We apologize for the inconvenience, Susan. Can you please Contact us directly at 1-800-321-2136 ext 5. We are available Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST. We would like to determine what options are available to you at this time. We have already started a claim for you and sent you a private message with that claim number. Please have your claim number in hand when you contact us. Thank you!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 3, 2019

Purchased new tires from Goodyear and was told my alignment was off. I agreed to have the alignment done which usually runs $75. But I was billed $179 for the alignment package. Though I was not asked if I wanted it. Bringing my bill to $1008 though my estimate was $744. They kept trying to sell me tire insurance and a bunch of other service work that would have prevented my car from passing inspection. However my car was inspected two months ago. Probably stick with Discount Tire from now on.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

We are sorry to hear that. Please give us a call as we would like to know more about your visit to our store. You can reach us between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 2, 2019

I have a BMW 2017 with a 28k miles. The car is equipped with Dunlop/Goodyear tires (Sports package). For the last several months I noticed my car was so noisy while driving. On 3/5/19 I took the vehicle to BMW (for routine checkup) and I brought up the tires issues to the technician at BMW. The technician said "This is a common problem with these tires". He recommended checking my wheels' alignment which turned to be perfectly fine. I contacted Goodyear customer service who initially insisted on taking vehicle to BMW (not to their Goodyear dealer). Which I already did, and BMW advised to contact Goodyear to check tires and replace them under warranty. Then Goodyear opened a claim for me (**) and advised me to take it to a Goodyear authorized dealer.

On 3/15/19 I took my car to Just Tires at 11040 Lee Highway, Fairfax, VA (An authorized Goodyear dealer). After 40 minutes of waiting, a technician came with a report that Goodyear will only cover 50% of warranty and they will give me 50% off new 4 tires because alignment check showed "severe misalignment" of my vehicle. I told the technician, "Are you serious? The alignment was checked last week (3/5/19) At BMW Sterling, VA and alignment was perfectly normal." He did not know what to say, he said, "This is what we got on our scale!" I then drove back to BMW Sterling (within 1 hour) and spoke with service manager who brought my vehicle on the alignment scale and my alignment was checked again was perfectly NORMAL! So, Goodyear appears to provide scam alignment reports as an exit strategy from their warranty obligations.

I emailed Goodyear customer service with all above facts and copy of all three alignments reports (two from BMW and one from Just Tires) which they completely ignored and did absolutely nothing to solve the problem. Their response to my complaints was simply (Take your vehicle to an authorized Goodyear dealer). I responded back to their email: "Did you really read my email?" And they replied back: "Take your vehicle to an authorized Goodyear dealer." I felt I was talking to a robot. Unfortunately, Goodyear turned to be a big scam (No durability or performance and what is even worse than that is their dishonesty and poor customer service.). N.B. these types of tires have 60k miles warranty on their website.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for letting us know what happened, Mohammed. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience during your visit and we would like to address this. Can you Please give us a call at 1-800-321-2136 ext 5? We are available between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodyear Tires?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 27, 2019

I went to the service center here in Rome, GA on 03/26/19 around 08:00 in the morning to see if they had the time to replace an idler arm pulley and use the new belt that I had already purchased. He said that they would look at it. After twenty minutes he came back and informed me that it would cost me $158.00 and they would use the new belt that I had brought with me. When I told him that that was too much, he presented me with a bill for $43.00 I asked him what I was being charged for and he stated that he had trouble finding people to work for free. So I asked if Goodyear no longer provided free estimates? And he said if I can find someone who will work for nothing. This seemed a little extreme being familiar with what I needed and the cost they were expecting. The Company advised that they were turning it over to their District Manager for review.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for letting us know what happened, Joe. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience during your visit and we would like to address this. Please give us a call us at 1-800-321-2136 Ext 5. We are available between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: March 14, 2019

If I can leave a zero, I would. I unfortunately left my car with a Goodyear location for a simple oil change and brake job. Little did I know it would cost me much more than I was quoted. I got my car back the next day. Less than 8 hours later, the issue I took it in for returned. I called them and they told me that it was not their fault and that I signed a paper authorizing payment, I also signed a paper stating that I was basically a mechanic and was leaving with accepting all work was done properly. (At least according to them). Now, I am not a mechanic. I took it to a mechanic that my community trusted and he showed me the parts that were supposed to be replaced were not. On top of that, they did not even put oil back in my car. The day I was schedule for an oil change is the day everything went bonkers.

Since the "techs" did not put oil back in my car, my engine broke. Verified with a mechanic that I had zero leaks, yet zero oil. This caused me to be without my car for FIVE months while waiting for my dealership to get a new one in. My only condolence was that my car was still under warranty. Now, since I am disputing these charges, Goodyear and Citi are both refusing to take responsibility and now Citi is wrecking my credit because they lied to me regarding their dispute process. I will urge everyone reading this, do not use Goodyear anymore. They are not qualified and expect ALL customers to already be licensed mechanics. Well, if we were mechanics, why would we need to take our vehicles to someone else? As soon as I can find a lawyer that will take my case, I will go after both just for principle.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for telling us what happened, Jonathan. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience during your visit and we would like to address this. Please give us a call at 1-800-321-2136 Ext 5. We are available between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I had a terrible experience trying to get my 2003 Toyota Highlander fixed at the South Loop Chicago Goodyear. My car needed some immediate tire repair (bolt in tire) but had also been making a rattling noise coming from the rear suspension when traveling at higher speeds and going over bumps. I asked the manager to take a look and was told they would get an estimate to me by the end of the day (Sunday). Took them until Monday afternoon to give me a quote for $2200, but they said they could work the price down to $1900. Even though the price wasn’t great, I agreed for to them doing the job. They said they would have it done by Tuesday.

After many phone calls and excuses, they ‘finished’ the job by 5 pm on Wednesday. I was told over the phone that the job was delayed due to receiving two left struts, but was then told a different excuse in person for receiving struts for 2 wheel drive instead of AWD. So the main complaint during these initial interactions is that they took 4 full days to replace sway bar links and struts (which were quick strut assemblies requiring very little labor). Rather than giving me an accurate estimate of time, they continued to lie about how long the job would take.

After I took the car off the lot and drove on the highway, the same exact rattling noise was there. I called Goodyear immediately, and decided to take the car back the following week. After a couple of days they diagnosed the problem to be related to the control arms, and it would cost $1200 but could get the price down to $900 after I refused to pay any more money. Considering that they charged me over $800 in labor for the original job (over $500 for removing old struts and replacing with quick strut assemblies), I argued with them that they should cover all costs to fix the original rattling. They said absolutely not, so I decided to get a second and third opinion about what was causing the rattling.

I had two independent auto shops (Velasquez and Sons Mufflers in Hanover Park and Firestone in South Loop Chicago). They both told me the problem was with the newly installed rear struts being defective. When I asked them to assess the control arms, they both told me they were fine and that wasn’t the source of the rattling. Knowing that the struts are under warranty with Goodyear, I took the car back to them and showed them the inspection notes from Firestone. The manager said the other auto shops were lying. After much arguing with management, money spent, time wasted, and Goodyear's inability to diagnose and fix the initial rattling noise, I lost all trust in Goodyear to do any more work on my car. I am in the process of finding another Goodyear location that will honor my warranty to fix my rear struts.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for telling us what happened, Michael. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience during your visit and we would like to address this. Can you please give us a call at 1-800-321-2136 Ext 5? We are available between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Horrible customer service at Madison Heights, MI GOODYEAR. Waited in the lobby for an hour with an appointment for tire installation. No one ever moved my vehicle or touched it to begin install. Very rude! No one even greeted me when I first entered the lobby. Returned tires. Won’t be purchasing Goodyear anymore!

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for letting us know what happened during your recent visit. We are sorry to hear that we've kept you waiting. We know that having a friendly staff makes for a great experience and we apologize if that is not what you received. Please give us a call so that we may determine what options are currently available to you. You can reach us at 1-800-321-2136 Ex 5 between the hrs of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Do not fall for their 6 month special financing at 0%. It is a lie. They lull you into thinking it is applied, but your local store has to apply it with a special code. Pretty shady company. They are crooks. Their customer service is unbelievably rude, too. They basically tell you that you have to return to your local store to apply the special financing. The store would then have to call their customer service, wasting everyone's time. Goodyear has lost a customer. They are banking on everyone being duped by this scheme, so they can collect interest charges they tell you won't be applied. Untruthful and dishonest company.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for telling us what happened. We offer you our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience. We would like to look into this matter. Can you please give us a call so that we may begin to work on resolving this for you? Can you please contact us at 1-800-321-2136? Ext 5. You can reach us between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Goodyear Service Center on US-1 in Homestead, FL scratched all four of my alloy rims during a tire installation, balancing, and alignment on 11/23/18. Scratches are in the same areas on all four rims in a rotational pattern and occur a half inch to an inch away from where the rim meets the tire. The shop manager denied responsibility for their negligence and damage, and referred me to Goodyear’s customer service department which then referred me to their property damage department.

A Goodyear corporate goon then sent one of their insurance agents out to file a report and swiftly denied the claim. From what I can tell in researching online complaints, this seems to be Goodyear’s modus operandi. They deny claims and then pat themselves on the back for saving money and screwing over their customers. I did my homework and found a guy online with rim scratches exactly like mine which happened to him during a tire install in the northeast. It ended up being the fault of the shop in that a Teflon pad in the tire installing machine failed to work properly. I wish I would have done my homework and not spent my money at Goodyear Service Centers. They are unethical and unprofessional. Worse, they are amateur mechanics that can’t even install tires properly - which is supposedly Goodyear’s area of expertise. Be warned: do not let them touch your vehicle!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I went to the Goodyear Auto Service Center at 300 Harrison St., Endicott, NY on 9/12/18 to try and stop a very unusual screeching and squeal in the front of my 2000 Lincoln. Invoice # ** resulted with major repairs and parts totaling 1,045.41. The result was no improvement in the strange noise from the front... It only got worse. Ultimately I went to a private general repair shop, West Shore Auto Care, State St., Lemoyne, PA to seek remedy, They applied a liberal amount of grease

to the outer front ball joint of the vehicle. Result... Noise gone!! Cost: 20.00. What more need be said folks.... Take your vehicle to a shop that employs mechanics, not parts replacers or you will get skinned unmercifully as I did. Avoid Goodyear at all costs!!!

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for telling us what happened, John. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience during your visit and we would like to address this. Please give us a call at 1-800-321-2136. We are available between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I have taken my car to Good Year in Madison, WI 3 times in 3 months and have had the Exact SAME issues with my car yet every time they diagnose something else and this last time I was told they did a diagnostics check and that the new repair would be $600 and not only is the car doing the same thing (it stopped for 2 weeks and started again) but there's no test on the invoice, no record of me calling 3 weeks ago saying I really needed to get this looked at but they didn't even list all the things I told them was happening!

Now I'm stuck right before Christmas with a car that isn't running g well and leaks fumes inside where my son has to ride 30 min to and 30 min from school! The customer in front of me in line were in there because the repair they just had done was ALSO not "fixed" and wanted it rechecked!!! I was yelled at in front of my daughter when I asked too many questions the last time I was in and the only reason I even went back is because I was worried if I took it somewhere else a warranty may not be valid but they just lied and sent me away!

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

We are so sorry to hear that, Angela. Can you please give us a call so that we can begin to work on resolving this for you? You can reach us at 1-800-321-2136 between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

On April 13, 2018, I paid to have my car serviced by Goodyear after it suddenly overheated/leaking coolant. At that time Goodyear did a diagnostic and replaced the water pump which they said was leaking (since they said it wasn’t covered by Ford Warranty) and performed a coolant flush as well as installed a new thermometer. Car mileage approx 52000 miles.

5 months later (and less than 4000 miles), on Sept. 24, 2018, I paid Goodyear for a diagnostic charge after my car overheated and my check engine light came on. During diagnostic, it was discovered my coolant level was low again and Goodyear's team claimed it was most likely a sensor issue since they had already replaced the coolant pump and thermostat at last service, I declined servicing for the sensor because I didn’t agree that was the root cause. The team topped off the coolant (never addressed as it was low again) as well as performed a standard Oil change on my 2014 Ford Escape. Car mileage approx 56000.

24 days later and less than 600 miles (approx. mileage 56600) on October 18, 2018, my car displayed a low oil pressure warning. When I checked my vehicle, all the oil had leaked out (later I saw an oil spot in my driveway). Additionally my coolant had dropped below the minimum level again. I had my vehicle towed to a Ford dealership (since Goodyear clearly didn't do something right) where they identified the following issues: The oil filter was leaking and therefore, depleted all oil from my car. My coolant level was below the minimum due to my water pump leaking. The coolant in the reservoir was the wrong type for my car and had to be flushed. When I talked with my local Goodyear who performed the service, they stated they could cover the cost of repairs at FORD, but wouldn't refund any of the previous repairs, most which needed to be corrected or redone.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for reaching out to us, Carolyn. Please know we understand your frustration with this situation and would like to assist you. Please give us a call so that we can determine what options are available to you at this moment. You can reach us at 1-800-321-2136 between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST Monday through Friday. We have already started a claim for you and will be sending you a private message with the claim number.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Replaced four tires and got an alignment. Had to take truck back to have it realigned cause it was worse than before I had tires and alignment done the first time. During visit service manager comes to ask if had replaced lower control arms. I haven’t. I have owned truck for 10 years and I do all my own service cause I was an ASE certified Master Technician. He said my cv boot was bad (leaking grease). I said I knew it was not realizing that he was talking about the left front not the right front that I already knew about and had already planned on fixing myself. So they finished alignment and I went on my way. Alignment was better but it did take two times that should of been right the first time. Made a couple of stops on my way home and noticed grease all over left fender well.

Got home removed left front tire cleaned off grease and got to looking at cv boot closely and noticed it was melted (probably from heat that was put on tie rod end to help it turn easier). So I called service center that had done work and told them what I found. Was told they would have to call me back cause the tech that did first alignment was off that day. They called back a few hours later and said that tech did not use heat on tie rod. I said he had too. I don’t have a torch set at my house and I’m the only person that works on my truck. They said they would take care of it. So when I was putting tire back on I noticed that tech that had done second alignment did not properly tighten down the caster alignment plate I had installed to help them with alignment. I returned for a third appointment to take care of axle and caster alignment nut.

Said I needed to go out of there at a certain time cause I had to be at my daughters school. They come to me and said they are having a problem with axle and something was not right with it and they would have to take me home. They then called a couple hours later saying truck was ready to. I returned to pick up my truck and was told they offer two axles for this truck the first one they got was too long and they had taken care of caster nut. So now my left axle does not have heavy duty cv boots like it had before. Cause they put in a remanufactured axle that didn’t have them.

Then I went to leave and noticed grease all over door panel and chrome cap for shifter was broke. That was not broke when I dropped off (was replaced several months ago). On the drive home I noticed steering wheel is slightly off center again. Talked to service manager again and he said tech said something about chrome shifter cap being broke like it was that way when I dropped off and was not taking care of it. So I left it as they just lost my business from bad service and lost all future tire purchases from me. They should get no stars but had to click one.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Hi Ryan. Thank you for writing us. We also thank you for telling us what happened. We offer you our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience. Can you please give us a call? We would like to investigate your situation. You can reach us at 1-800-321-2136 between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I went to Goodyear to have an oil change done. In the process I found that I desperately needed new tires on the front of my truck. I also purchased a 3 year alignment package. Truthfully I feel like I was pressured into it, but I realize that is my fault - I am not good in high pressure sales situations like that. Anyways, they put the new tires on and told me that they could not do an alignment because of my left ball bearings, tie rod, and ball joint. I told them I would come back later to have that done, like the next week. When I went to check out and pay for my tires, he still charged me for the three year alignment. I asked why I was paying for that now. He said that it was easier to go ahead and do it now. Again, not good in situations like that, so I went along with it.

I went home and thought it through, talked it over with my partner and decided that I really wasn't comfortable because I felt like I had been pressured. I went on the website and chatted and they told me I needed to contact the store directly to get a refund for the alignment package, as I hadn't use a SINGLE alignment - because they couldn't do the alignment. So, I called to the store and spoke with a gentlemen who repeatedly told me that there was no option for refund, that it could only be transferred. The thing is, I don't want the transfer - I haven't used a single alignment and there is no fine print that says you can be refunded. It is unfair not to offer that. I felt so pressured and so uncomfortable at Goodyear that I won't be going back - therefore transferring it won't help me any. It is completely unfair to not have allowed a refund on this product, when that is not explicitly stated - considering that I hadn't used it.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for telling us what happened, Dena. We offer you our sincerest apologies for this unfortunate situation. Can you please give us a call at 800-321-2136 to discuss your visit further. We'd like to look into this for you. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I have over 2 months that I go every week to the store to fix my problems. I brought the car for changing wheel bearing and two front tires (cost=$1000+). After 1 or 2 weeks I go there to check the brakes because of terrible noise. They told me that if I change all rotors and pads, the brakes will be good. I did ($600+). They finished and the noise is still on brakes. I go back to the manager and they told me that he can't do anything about this noise, this noise is in all cars. After a week I went again for oil change and brake check. Another mechanic told me that the left wheel bearing is making a noise, they told me, "That is under warranty and we will fix it for free." I scheduled an appointment for the day after because at that day they didn't have time.

I got a call in the morning from this guy and he told me that they don't have that part in stock so they need to order and it will come on Thursday (the day that I had the appointment was Sunday), I didn't go that week because I was in vacation and I went one week later. When I brought the car for the first time to replace the bearings, they told me that will take 6 hours to replace both of them (3 hours each). When I go again only for the left bearing, they finished for no more than 1 hour and half. After I got the car the noise was still there. I brought again and when I did a test drive with manager, he said: "I can't hear anything". I told him that is a noise. Finally he told me to schedule an appointment and I did. I brought the car again and when they rotate the tires, they can hear the noise (the tires that they were on the back, were from Firestone and they are in the good shape).

They told me that the noise comes from the Firestone tires. I told him to change the Goodyear tires because they are bad and he agreed that they were bad. I told him to scheduled an appointment on Saturday, but he said that "I can replace only from Mon-Fri because the warranty company is closed on weekends". Ok I left the job early yesterday and I went to replace the tires. After they finished I paid $60 for replacement because I had used 15000 miles from 75000. I go out the store quickly because I had an emergency and when I go home, I saw that they didn't replace the tires. They just cleaned the old tires. I will recommend everybody to not go to Goodyear Service in San Jose Blvd Jacksonville FL.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for reaching out and please know we are sorry to hear that this happened. We would like to assist you with this unfortunate situation. We have already started a claim for you. Please give us a call at 1-800-321-2136 so that we may move forward with processing your claim. We are available Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Brought in my car for an oil change and they tried to upsell me over $100 for 2 new air filters. Showed me dirty filters and tried to convince me that my car was full of mold. I am upset that THEY WENT INTO MY GLOVEBOX WITHOUT PERMISSION to get a filter out. I have private, personal belongings in there. An oil change DOES NOT require them to go into the glovebox. In an interesting twist, when I checked my filters later that day, they were not the same type that Goodyear showed me. Also, I could not drop my glovebox down without spilling its entire contents over the floor. I don't think they showed me MY filters at all. I will never take my car back here again, so if they did in fact open that glovebox up, I hope they got their fill by rifling through my tampons, medication, and a clean pair of underwear.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for telling us what happened. We offer you our sincerest apologies for this unfortunate situation. Please give us a call as we would like to discuss your visit further. You can reach us at 1-800-321-2136 between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I went to the service center today. Paid for AC recharge and the AC is still not working. The AC was cooling when I brought in the car, it not functioning at all now and I was overcharged for unnecessary repairs. They never called me after the preliminary check to find out if the repair they are doing should be done or not. Stay away from this shop in Riverview FL.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for taking the time to write us. We are sorry to hear that this happened. We have started a claim for you and are awaiting a call from you so that we may process the claim. Please give us a call at 1-800-321-2136 between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST Monday - Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Brought car in for pull to left and high speed shaking, did alignment, gave me car, no better, went back, did alignment again and balance, gave me car back and all was worse, now $150 into this. Went to another Goodyear, they said alignment wouldn't work because I need struts, another $1200+ and another alignment and everything is pretty much the same as it was when I started this costly lesson! Their prices are pretty high and I knew that going in, but I figured they're the experts, why waste time at smaller shop, big mistake!

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, Dominick. We understand your frustration and we would like to look into this for you. Please give us a call at 1-800-321-2136 so that we may discuss your visit further. We are available between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: July 25, 2018

In Dec 2017 a car backed into me and I took the car to Goodyear in Duluth GA, Satellite Blvd. The estimate included control arm and rim and a couple minor things to do with the tires. My insurance company paid them. They said the repairs would take 4 days. They ended up having my car for 14 days. Each time I called in there was a new excuse why the car was not ready. When the car was ready for pick up the steering on the car was so off I could not drive my car straight. I immediately returned the car. They said the line was perfect. I argued with them about my car driving into the left. This is a new car and even though there was damage to the tire inners the car still drove straight when I took it in for repairs.

So they rotated the tires or switched the tires around. They help the car steer straighter but above 60 mph my car shakes like crazy. I’ve taken the car back a couple times to tell them it wasn't right but they refused to do any further checking or repairs. Not to mention I never got the rim that was included in the quote that my insurance company paid for. Worst of all a mechanic has looked at my car and said the control arm is bent the same control arm they were suppose to change on my brand new car. And another horrible thing is they were the 1 and only one to ever touch my car for repairs. They were the only ones to ever touch my tires.

I told them where to find the key to unlock my rims. They used it took my tires off put them back on and never replaced the key. So when I got a flat I was stranded and ended up buying a key for $80 to get my tire off. They refuse to take responsibility for not putting the key back but they were the only ones to touch my car and the last ones to touch my car. Let’s not forget to mention the 2 ignorant men that could care less of the service they provide because they have no care since they are running the store. Shoddy repairs I plan to file a civil suit against this store terrible service.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

We are sorry to hear you were not happy with your experience, Stacy. We try to make sure that every one of our customers is satisfied. We hope you will contact us at 800-321-2136 so that we may take a deeper look into this matter on your behalf. We are available between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I ordered tires online through Goodyear and made appointment at their Goodyear store in Somerset NJ. On the appointment day it took 4.5 hours to finish putting on 4 tires and doing a wheel alignment. On way out I noticed they did not mount the tires I had ordered. They put the same kind of tires I had on there that I hated which is why I ordered new tires in the first place. The invoice they gave me had the tires I ordered listed on it but they werent the tires they mounted on my truck. Paid over 1200 dollars for not what I wanted.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

We are so sorry to hear that. We want you to have a great experience every time you visit our location and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Please contact us at 800-321-2136 extension 5 to discuss your visit.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Returned to Southland drive location in Lexington KY to have them replace a two year old tire that had a bad belt in it. They tell me I need a new tire and they don't cover there bad tires. I won't be buying Goodyear products again.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

We are sorry to hear that, Bruce. Please give us a call so that we may determine what options are currently available to you. You can reach us at 1-800-321-2136 between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:45 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Goodyear dealer told me that my 4 cylinder HYBRID needed an "extra" quart of oil. When he heard that I had consulted the car's manual, he offered me $2,00 back (Ignoring the tax he had collected from me!) I heard him tell another "senior" the same story. My last Goodyear lube!

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’d like to hear more from you. Please contact us at 800-321-2136 to further discuss your experience. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Stay away from this shop. They do unnecessary repairs and overcharged you and you have to take your car back several times and your car is not fixed. We went to the shop and they told us that our car the compressor went out. We got the compressor fixed. They overcharged us and put in a remanufactured compressor and overcharged us for it and now the air conditioner in the vehicle is still not working. We have taken the vehicle back to them eight or nine times and each time they supposedly fixed it and now they’re telling us, “Oh it’s not the compressor it’s the fuse box.”

I spoke to Chris and I spoke to Mike and I asked them, "So why was the fuse box not diagnosed one of the seven times we had brought the vehicle back to them" and their answer to me was, “We didn’t know it was bad but if you buy the part will put it in for free.” So anyone who goes to this shop beware. They’re going to do more damage to your vehicle than what they fix just so you can come back and they can charge you more money.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

We are sorry to hear that you were frustrated with your experience, Diverney. Please know we’re constantly working to deliver great service. Please feel free to contact us at 800-321-2136 to further discuss your visit. We have created a file number for you: 1636999. Please use your file number when you give us a call.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Before moving to Maryland my 2003 Acura MDX always passed inspection and never broke down in Washington DC. I took my truck to Good Year in Capitol Heights where they failed the inspection stating it had all sorts of problems and that it would cost me almost $4000 or I should buy a new car. Two weeks later my truck broke down and I ended up buying a new car. I know within my heart they did something to my truck just to get my business but I will never again take any of my vehicles to Good Year.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Please contact us at 800-321-2136 to discuss your visit. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I went to have a brake check since I was told my Honda Odyssey's brake might need to be replaced when I got its 60K service. The technician checked the brakes and told me the brakes were fine but the transmission fluid and brake fluid need to be replaced. I was surprised since I remembered both got replace when I got the 60K service and should be completely new. They asked me to show the service record and they did find the service record for both. They told me that both didn't look like it was serviced recently and asked me to send it back to the dealer.

I asked them to show me how to check the fluid but I was told they cannot show me. So I called Honda dealer where I got my service and brought it back to the dealer. The technician in the dealer shop showed me the fluids and both looks like brand new! I don't why those people tried to sale me these two expensive things without any reason. Now I don't know if the AC filter they did for me for $60 was worth it! How can I trust them?

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’d like to hear more from you. Please contact us at 800-321-2136 to further discuss your experience. We will be sending you a private response with your claim number.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I saw an ad for Goodyear tires and drove to my local Goodyear location and they quoted me DOUBLE insisting "this is the best deal". I went back to my office to check my research and confirmed right sized tires, and right company (Goodyear) and called the location back and have asked them to honor the price I found on Goodyear dot com. I was put on hold and after a while, ** picks up the phone and says "yeah, my supervisor says we don't match online prices". I said, "It's on YOUR website," and repeated it back to him thinking he was giving his supervisor wrong information. I asked ** if I could speak to the supervisor and after putting me on hold again repeats the same we don't match online pricing and adds "even our own".

Dumbfounded, I ask, "Well it tells me that after I order from the website, they would install them." He said "that's correct"... "so I can't order from you, I have to order online and wait for them to ship the tires to your location??" I asked. "Do what you want to do, we can't match the price". Ok then, I order the tires, Goodyear emails me confirmation the tires will be at the St Augustine Goodyear location in a week along with the appointment time of 5 pm. I go there at the appointed time and was greeted by ** and he tells me he has nothing in his system. I show him my confirmation email on my phone and this starts a 45 minute charade which reminded me of a bad Keystone Cop episode until finally they tell me, "we don't have your tires here".

I'm getting a distinct whiff of "let's punish this guy for not ordering through us" smell and ask to speak with the supervisor. Someone comes up and starts telling me the tires aren't there and they "could be here by the end of business tomorrow"... umm, I already paid for these tires, I left work early and now have to ask for more time off from work in a day or 2? This is a week and a half later and I still don't have tires and when I tried calling corporate, they close at 5 pm. What kind of commitment to customer service does this company have? I should have looked at Consumer Affairs before considering this several hundred dollar purchase. I will be requesting a full refund... I can't wait to see what aggravation is involved with that!

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

We are sorry to hear that you were frustrated with your experience. Please feel free to contact us at 800-321-2136 to discuss your visit. We have sent you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I went to the Wadsworth, Ohio Goodyear service center to have the turn signal bulb replaced on my daughter's car. While doing this simple service, they failed to secure the plastic panel that they had to remove in order to change the bulb. It came loose as my daughter was driving and wrapped around the wheel. When I went in to let them know, they were condescending and would not commit to a time frame or waiver of charge to repair the damage they caused. I did not even get an apology from the manager, A.J.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Scott. We are so sorry to hear that. We want you to have a great experience every time you visit our location. We’d like to hear more from you. Please contact us at 800-321-2136 to further discuss your experience. We have already created a claim number for you: 1632672. Please refer to this number when you call.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Well to start I have a 1997 Jeep Cherokee XJ standard 5 speed. 4L 2.5 2X2 not 4X4. So she already had high mileage when I got her and took a lot of love to get her where she is today and with that being said I always have done my oil changes and have never came across this problem. But for some reason I don't remember why but I took her to Goodyear to get the oil changed and I see this sticker they put on the left hand top corner of the dash and it reads: DATE 06/03/18 MILES 233500 for next service or an idea for the next change... Here's my problem. I have already had to put 2 quarts of oil in already and it's only 04/26/18 and my miles are only at 232098 and I don't drive like a madman and living in Hawaii there's not much room to go fast so I'm not too pleased with the results I was given.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

We are sorry to hear you were not happy with your experience, William. We try to make sure that every one of our customers is satisfied. We hope you will contact us at 800-321-2136 to further discuss your visit. Here is your file number to use when you give us a call: 1630131.

Goodyear Tires expert review by Lauren Fix

Goodyear Auto Service was established in 1924 and now operates over 1,200 service centers. Goodyear Tire & Rubber owns the chain. They sell and mount tires, perform preventative maintenance and provide some repairs.

• Find tires: Interested customers can input the make and model of their vehicle and find tires that will fit their automobile. Then, they can select the features they want to narrow down their options. Some customers may need to know the specific size of their tires.

• Live chat: Consumers with questions can go to Goodyear Auto Service’s website to chat with a representative. Chat is available Monday through Friday from 9a.m.—9p.m. EDT.

• Customer education: The Tire Basics section of the brand’s website provides easy to understand information about buying and maintaining tires.

• Warranty information: Warranty information is detailed on the chain’s website. Interested consumers can read the details and limitations of tire and auto service warranties before they make a purchase.

• Online scheduling: Goodyear Auto Service’s website has an online scheduling tool. Consumers select the location they would like to go to, the services they need performed and the day and time they would like to come. Same day appointments are often available.

• Best for: Goodyear Auto Service Centers cater to those looking for Goodyear produced tires and want auto services provided at the same location.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers Company Information