1.20/5
Based on 133 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Goodyear Auto Service Center

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: July 18, 2017

147 Goodyear Auto Service Centers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 18, 2017

My husband set up an appointment for a simple oil change/tire rotation service directly after work. 2 hours later, overcharged, uncompleted work and blatant disregard for my time since I was never approached that my car was "done." These smart vehicles have the ability to notify US of any issues. Imagine my "delight" as I begin driving, after said appointment to see a notification that my car was NOT SERVICED!! I paid $68.62 for NOTHING!!

Original review: July 3, 2017

On July 2nd I scheduled an oil change with Goodyear Auto Service at 9 am for July 3rd online. The email confirmation stated any change I would be notified by email. I arrived at 9 am as scheduled and was told they tried to contact me by phone but my voicemail was not set up to reschedule for the next day. Then explained to me someone called out. That was their reason for poor service. I will never bring any work to Goodyear due to not even trying to make it right. Just was told "Sorry." This was a waste of time and money.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: May 31, 2017

I came in at 7:30 am on 3/31/17 for oil change and tire rotation. The manager told me they would work on it until their 8 am appointment showed then they would have to switch to that and they also had a 9 am but would have it done by 10 am. However, a guy comes in right before the 8am appointment and wants 4 new tires and alignment and lo and behold they are working feverishly on his vehicle while here at 9:41 am mine is still sitting. So I guess sale of product overrides a service. Then their 9 am shows up for oil change and tire rotation and they tell him it would be 2-1/2 to 3hrs. I don't know about you but I can complete an oil change on my own car in 10 mins and could rotate tire prob in 20mins. Only diff is I can't balance them at home so I won't be coming back here.

Original review: April 30, 2017

I make an appointment for oil change on the internet for my Honda Civic 2007 today April 30 at 12 noon. They call me and told me if I could take it at 10:00 a.m. When I got there they said they will have to keep it until 4:00 p.m. They will call me when it was done. They call me at 3:30 and said they did not had a chance to do it if I can leave there for the next day. They kept the car for six hours and did not do it. I was without transportation for six hours for nothing. And still want a kept it for one more day. I work Mondays. This is not right. Is the worst customer service I've seen. This is the first time I go to Goodyear and will be my last. This was at Goodyear auto service 5970 Crawfordsville Road Indianapolis IN 46224-3708.

Original review: April 18, 2017

So we came in to get a patch on our tire and so far been here about 2 hrs now. Said only 2 people working. Too bad one of the two men working the desk couldn't put a patch on. Wish we would have went to our local tire Service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodyear Tires?

Original review: March 29, 2017

I went up to Goodyear because the muffler, that had been hanging by a thread, had (finally) fallen off my car. I was looking to replace the muffler and the exhaust pipe. The brake light was also on, so I went in to get it checked. They said that it was the rear brakes and that the back tires didn't move (so essentially the car was being dragged by the front wheels).

They couldn't give me ANY estimate about how much it would cost to repair the car, because even after they took the brakes off they might SEE something else. They did say that I needed a new muffler and exhaust pipe, but that while they were fixing the exhaust they might SEE something else that needs repair. I was almost like, "do you want to fix the car, or not"? They found some other stuff like a brake light out. But does it REALLY cost $29.00 to replace a brake light bulb? I was just curious if anyone ever had complaints about Goodyear, so I googled it. Wow, looks like I'm not the only one who feels leery about this company. I will be getting the car fixed, elsewhere. Thanks.

Original review: March 24, 2017

Goodyear on Clay Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202. I had an appt today at 1 pm, got there early and was told they were running behind. I ordered the Full Synthetic Oil change with free tire rotation. 45 minutes later the store manager Bill came to sell me air filters. I thought my car was done but no and he said they wouldn't mind taking me to work since it will not be done in time. Then he came out 15 mins later saying the tech put the wrong oil in it and he needed to take me to work and I needed to leave my vehicle with them. I said "NO, I am off work in 2 hours and have someone following me home then I am leaving for out of town. I need my car now." I got in to find the passenger seat covered in stains and wet. I immediately took two pictures of it. I am contacting their corporate office and filing an official complaint to have my car cleaned. If the store manager would just have been honest with me, I would have left my car to let them clean it.

Original review: March 16, 2017

I had my car serviced at Good Year Tire and Service on February 2, 2017 for a transmission flush, coolant flush, and oil change. Now their services say they check for leaks. 16 days later my 2012 Nissan Versa was towed back to Goodyear on Levitt Parkway, Willingboro, NJ and after diagnosing they said I need a new transmission because my transmission oil coolant line rusted out and all fluid leaked. No they are not at fault for the line being rusted but what they are at fault for they failed to check lines for leaks. Had they did they should had let me know my pipe was rusted and they didn't. So I paid for services that they didn't complete at 100 percent and had they notified me I would of taken care of the rusted pipe and would not be replacing an engine. Picture of what state that shows they should be checking for leaks and receipt.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

It was my original intent to ask Goodyear for a second customer card since mine seems to wander between the drivers in our family. My local retailer, Burlington Tire & Auto, in our long (20 years?) relationship must be the diamond in Goodyear's crown! Poor service is ever with us but the vitriolic reviews I encountered online for some reason other Goodyear retailers across the nation prompted this response. Ask your retailer if he/she knows Bill Anders (Burlington owner) or values the new customer coming through the door as much as his oldest. Be careful, answers to those questions can keep you free of the Internet complaint crowd. Really!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

Last year I bought a car from a deal, and it was too cold to do work myself. I went to Goodyear, for some small repairs. When a guy came out he told me that he had to do this and so on running my bill up higher, and still didn't do what I needed. It was what he wanted to do. Since then my alignment has been no good, tie rod ends, toe shaft. Everything since that day has been falling apart. Their prices were 200% higher and their knowledge of mechanical engineering was questionable at best. This store is located in Mooresville Indiana on High St. Don't go there.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

By Wednesday eve noticed a burned oil smell! I crawled underneath to discover the oil drain plug was loose and crossthreaded. They looked to have tried to cover this up by them putting blue liquid gasket all over the plug! Undercarriage and driveway after just 24 hours looks like 4 quarts had already leaked out! Stopped by there this am, dude says "we all use torque drivers. It's impossible we would have cross threaded it!" Wow modern stupidity (normally easiest way to strip/cross thread) using air or power tools! I bi-weekly check every bolt on her ride (multiple issues over last 6 months). Was at an AC shop 1 week prior with no issues! I plan on taking car to them tonight! Making sure they replace oil pan gaskets and now oil and filter again! Simple as this! Or I will be in jail guaranteed!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

My experience was the worst, I was totally disrespected, talked over when I tried to talk to this person. He simply refused to listen to anything I had to say, so I'll say it now. All prices for everything are way too high. I would like very much to state this man's name! Store manager 40 Parsonage Rd. Menlo Park, NJ 08837

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I purchased brand new Goodyear Kevlar tires for my 2014 F350 4x4 platinum truck and was told they were great tires, very aggressive for off-road, and strong against flat tires from nails. I own a roofing company. I paid over $2000 for these tires and one year later I have had two blow-outs, and the tires are completely worn out. One year and the tires are history. They totally suck for driving, they wear out faster than any tire I have ever purchased. DO NOT BUY GOODYEAR Kevlar off-road tires unless it's for a weekend jeep. Goodyear you suck.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

My mom who is elderly brought her Buick to Goodyear auto service. They quoted her almost 1000.00 to fix her catalytic converter. Also charged her 120.00 to put on the diagnostic tester to tell her what was wrong. Normally this testing is free at Advance Auto but not here. We took her car to Midas down the road and they fixed for under 500.00 dollars. I give them the worst rating because they tried and did rip off my elderly mother. Shame on this place.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

Service Manager, Jamie, was extremely rude when I brought in my car today for a low tire. I have purchased tires from this location for over 30 yrs and am a former Goodyear Tire and Rubber employee and have never been treated so rudely. I will no longer patronize this location. I will also strongly encourage my community not to patronize this location. I called and was treated cordially by Kevin and told there would a maximum an hour wait. When I arrived 2 minutes later, Service Mgr Jamie, rudely informed me that I would have to wait 3 hrs just to check my low tire. This is not repair. I find it reprehensible since 3 gentlemen including the manager are sitting at the service counter. I encourage all not to patronize this store! I also purchased the tire protection plan when I bought my tires!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

I purchase a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland new in 2015. I love the Jeep but after spending $54,000.00 for my Grand Cherokee I am very unhappy with the Goodyear Fortera 265/50R20 tires. I have had the dealer rotate them every 6000 miles and the tires now have 27,000 miles on them and they are completely bald with almost zero tread on them. These tires are terrible!! I have always gotten at least 50,000 miles before replacing.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

My son took his car here for an oil change and a week later the check oil light came on, so He took it back... At this point they told him it was leaking oil at the rate of 5 quarts an hour and they would have to look at it and let him know what was wrong, but they were looking at least $300. They showed him that is was leaking oil... My son who knows nothing about cars called me immediately.

They called him the next day and told him it was the R&R Valve Solenoid and it was going to cost over $1000. I called and asked them to fax me an estimate. The estimate had the part R&R Valve Solenoid as costing $594.92, and $186.90 labor. They charged for the diagnostic which should be taken away if you let them fix the car and they charged for an engine cleaning for $59.90 labor with diagnostic charges and they even changed him $16.00 for 4 quarts of oil.

When we spoke to Alan he did remove the diagnostic charge. We called NAPA and they had never heard of an R&R Valve Solenoid, turns out R&R means repair and replace. My son called them to verify the name of the part which was written on the estimate and we researched it online and the required part and it cost a whopping $79.00... My husband who has been working on cars for 40 years and I drove to Naples from Miami with the part in hand and once we talked to the very fast talking front desk guy Alan, who was very rude to my son he told us this was not the correct part. I showed him the estimate and at that point he was still being very rude and went to talk to his manager.

When the manager came out he would only talk to me, not my son. They were so upset that they were caught, they literally threw the keys at my son and told him to take the car somewhere else and have it fixed... At the end of the day, the part that they told needed to be replaced was not the part with the issue. The actual part was a gasket which cost $42.00 and my husband replaced it for free and the engine cleaning was can of Gunk which cost $5.00 - $953.54.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

I went to this location to have a wheel alignment done on my daughter's car and mine. They came stating she needed wheel bearings and I needed a tie rod. We had the work completed. After the so-called work was completed and I was assured a wheel alignment w/ my new set of tires I purchased as well... wheel alignment was not done correctly... steering wheel was not centered and I could no longer turn to the left w/out a struggle. I take it back and they then state I needed a rack and pinion replacement. I get that fixed and ask redo wheel alignment also. Wheel alignment was still not done correctly... my vehicle was then returned to me off centered and squeaking! I take back they say "you need brakes/rotors/pads!" To no avail my wheel alignment was not done or my daughters... yet they were paid for all of these services.

I took it to belle tire and they showed me photo of no wheel alignment being done and fixed my car the first time w/out a problem. My daughter car was checked and belle tire stated she hadn't had a wheel alignment either. We returned to Wearmasters/Goodyear and they refused to issue a refund for the wheel alignments. I repeat NEVER give them your business! You will regret it. The mechanics look nowhere near professional and they are scams... I was also told this by others I shared this story with. I was surprised to hear they'd visited this establishment and said the same thing--that they are CROOKS. I will also be calling Goodyear and the Better Business Bureau to make a report. I spent over a $1,000 w/ them. God doesn't like ugly and they will reap what they sow!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2016

Had my water pump replaced in October 2015. On 081116 my car dealership told me my entire cooling system including the pump is clogged with a large amount of fix a leak product. Relayed issue with Goodyear location. On 081216 I spoke also with their Corporate office whom put me on hold and contacted that location. Corporate office returned telling me the location has told them 3 of their employees told me "I" have been told not to use fix a leak product in my vehicle. So they lied. My dealership has informed me that it will cost me $2014 to repair the whole coming system. I am in disbelief. Currently I am renting a vehicle to manage. I have sent the estimate to the Corporate office. I have not received a reply. What should I do?

Original review: July 24, 2016

Like others have stated, I went in for the "FREE" tire repair. Suddenly a FREE tire repair caused by a small nail in the tire turned into me needing a whole new tire at $140. I declined and took my car to a small local tire shop where I paid a (whopping) $12.00 for the repair. Somebody needs to call Chris Hansen on these people!!!

Original review: July 11, 2016

Show in the Riverside CA location 3863 Tyler St. To get change of oil, using a coupon for $17.88 regular price was $29.99. Wow I want to save money. Go in to the desk to request service, the price is for members. They ask me for my license to and my information, after that they ask me for my social to be able to qualify for the discount. Ask the person, "how much is the regular price on the oil change," answers me "$39.99." All this are only a false advertising or the employee from this location is doing his own rules.

Original review: June 28, 2016
    I went to Goodyear shop in Indianapolis downtown for oil change with coupon. They also checked my tires for low pressure and identified that there is a nail - I got a call from them and informed me that I need to change the tire. I asked to repair it and they said they can't repair since it's at "Unrepairable spot in the tire".

Next day I took the car to local tire puncture shop, and they fixed it for $15. And they shown me it's middle of the tire, so Good year lied for business... is this is the way to gain the customer/money? BAD. Change the name from Goodyear to Bad year.

I went to Goodyear again (not the same shop). For my car ac issue. And they replaced the coolant flush and radiator -- so much miscommunication and they charged me $83 - later I am back to home and try to fix the AC by recharging AC refrigerant and as soon as I open the car I found the bottle of 'lubricant...' They forgot to put that in my coolant/radiator system... super? If I would have not open then. I would have run the car like that and burn the engine?

Well... next day I went the same shop and show the bottle... and the lady said. "No problem will put it today." And they checked my AC and said, "I need to replace the compressor because they found a hole on it." And it costs me $650. And now you guys can guess what's going on here. NEVER EVER I go to Good year in my life. My experience with Goodyear was soo bad and I don't know I should call it was my bad time or.

Original review: June 25, 2016

Years ago the service at this Goodyear West Dixie Highway Center, North Miami was very good. Now, the service has declined drastically under the current store manager, who is extremely rude. Also, they are well known in trying to get customers to spend more by telling customers about all the "so called" many other issues that are apparently wrong with the car instead of sticking to the main problem that you took the car in for. It's near my home but definitely will never be going back after the disrespectful treatment I received when complaining about a service problem they created after working on my car.

Original review: June 13, 2016

I had my 2009 Lincoln MKX taken into Goodyear Auto Service Center to replace all four tires. Along with the replacement of my two outer tie rods and a New York State car Inspection. The service took place at 1985 East Ridge Road in Irondequoit, New York 14622. I received my Suv back later to realize that my ignition hesitated to turn over when starting my car. I also had my check brake system light come on. I called the shop to explain what problems I was having with my vehicle. The reply of the person who answered the phone was that my car had too many miles on it. I told him that before I had my car taking in to them for service my ignition was starting just fine and now it doesn't along with the service brake system coming on.

He wants me to take it in again but I am a bit skeptic. I don't know what to do. Could I take it to another shop and have Goodyear pay for the expenses? I don't understand why my ignition has problems if changing two tie rods and four tires has nothing to do with my ignition unless they were tinkering with the car. Something made me suspicious when he said that they don't do those things here without me saying they did. All I told him is that before I took my car in for service my ignition was not giving me any problems.

Original review: June 8, 2016

I took my car in to have the tires balanced and rotated also for an oil change. I was told my 2 rear tires needed replacing. I did not have a problem with regards to vibrations or driveability with my existing tires but was going on a road trip and have always done this routine prior to a long trip.The manager says there was a special for 4 tires and alignment package, I decided to purchase the package. After the tires were changed, aligned and balanced, the car developed a severe vibration and shaking in the front driver's seat and steering. I could not take it in due to my scheduled trip. When I returned I took the car in, all four tires were changed due to defects. I still have the problem in the rear, took to dealer to balance the tires. Said LR tire was def., took it to GY and was ver. as def. and was replaced.

I still have a problem coming from the rear, took it to another good year shop. Said my rims were bent, bought 4 new rims, still have a problem. I think I still have a defective tire but I do not think I will have it replaced by Goodyear. I am just tired of it, when asked why they could not identify the rear tire as defective and the dealership was able to identify it. I was told that the dealer had a road force balancer and they did not. My decision is I will not buy tires from Goodyear. When I tried to take it to GY shop that have a road force balancer they said they cannot accept my alignment program and that I have to take it back to the shop where it was purchased. Can anyone reading this understand why, I guessed the customers are the last thing on their minds.

Original review: May 30, 2016

In 2012 & 2013 I purchased 2 Goodyear tires respectively, so 4 brand new tires. The 2nd set which was about a year later, the service writer/store manager convinced me to spend extra to buy the road hazard protection. I was able to use it at least once or twice when nail punctures had to be repaired, which was great! They did what they promised they would. However upon recently returning to that same location that sold me the extra road hazard plan, they tell me they cannot locate any record of it in their computer!

I couldn't believe it, ask for that manager - he's no longer there. All new management. The female manager tells me that they are working on resolving the issue. I called back Saturday May 28th & Anthony answers, he says he's the manager and they still cannot access those records! This is nonsense, they don't want to stand behind their own products. I told Anthony that 'someone' has access to those records and to say otherwise is insult to my intelligence! All he could suggest was that I come down to his store, he made no other suggestions. How infuriating is this that my hard earned money is treated so apathetically? So my next tire are not going to be Goodyear. They are not 'good' anymore!

Original review: May 28, 2016

I wrote this once on Goodyear site. Never got posted? WHY? I bought 4 tires from another place and needed a wheel alignment. Their guy was out but they checked my front end parts out. All was ok. I was sent to this Goodyear place 3949 E. 8 Mile Rd. and wow, they told me all 4 ball joints are bad and my rack steering needed replaced?? I am over 60 and worked on cars ALL my life so I know. I ask them to show me where they are worn. They could NOT! I said alignment it how it is and went, got sandwich, came back in 15 minutes and truck was all done? Too fast to do an alignment. I took truck next day to another place and all parts were checked out good again and it took them 1 hour 17 minutes to alignment it because it was so far out. Goodyear NEVER touched my truck but still charged me for it. GOODYEAR is NOT honest!! And they won't even post this so people can see it.

Original review: May 27, 2016

Hi. Recently I bought my new Grand i10 Magna car on 24th Jan 2016 from Shivalik Hyundai Ahmedabad. Even in just 700 to 800 km my front side 2 tyres was damage & one was blast. We saved from major accident. I hereby request to you that please change my both tyres under goodwill warranty of your company. It is the question on prestige for your company that even in just 800 km tyres was blast. They provided me to logged a complaint to the Goodyear where it took almost a week for the Engineer to come and check and at the end I was provided with the reason this is not replaceable. This is highly painful. After spending lakhs of rupees in my car you have been provided with such an answer. Deeply regret the way Goodyear is dealing with his customers. Highly disappointing. Company is really rude and hesitating on replacing the defective tyre they supplied to us. Very shameful for such a big brand.

Original review: April 21, 2016

A friend took her 2009 Impala to the Goodyear on St. Andrews Rd. Columbia SC. She needed a new door actuator. I suggested she go to Seven Oaks Auto repair, but Goodyear had the part and it would take two days for Seven Oaks to get it. I told her to stay away from Goodyear because they would sell products and services that were not needed. Well, my suspicions were correct. They did charge her for the door actuator, $80.00 for replace an easily headlight bulb (cost at Auto Zone $15.00) and they would install it for free, and did not do the code check she asked for. A few weeks later she told me she was concerned that her dash message indicated oil change needed. She had had an oil change just 1,000 miles ago. I reminded her that Goodyear did not reset the code. I then checked her oil and it was full and fresh.

Without my knowledge she went back to Goodyear and the technician showed her the dipstick and said it was indicating no oil! There were no oil stains on my driveway. Remember, this was one day before She took the car back to Goodyear. Goodyear told her that she needed two new tires, balancing, alignment, and new windshield wipers! They had the gall to tell her that a technician had to install the blades and charged $40.00 for replacement... using standard blades! Total bill was approximately $700.00! This is a blatant ripoff! How many others have had their pockets picked by this unscrupulous business? Charged her $40.00 for standard blades and replacement!

Original review: March 9, 2016

This was the Goodyear/brogans tire service in lansing, MI 48912. I have a 2000 deville that wouldn't start. I called goodyear and they told me they can fix anything. I believed them and paid $70 to get my car towed there and to fix the problem. The car sat in the parking for 5 days. I called them the 5th day and they said they don't know what the problem and they didn't charge me anything. It turned out none of the mechanics even looked at the car at all and my brother confirmed this because he lived near the shop and the car never moved from the spot where the tow truck left it! I had to pay another $70 to have it towed to another shop to get worked on. They are very dishonest and liars, I will never service my car here again!

Goodyear Tires expert review by Lauren Fix

Goodyear Auto Service was established in 1924 and now operates over 1,200 service centers. Goodyear Tire & Rubber owns the chain. They sell and mount tires, perform preventative maintenance and provide some repairs.

• Find tires: Interested customers can input the make and model of their vehicle and find tires that will fit their automobile. Then, they can select the features they want to narrow down their options. Some customers may need to know the specific size of their tires.
    • Live chat: Consumers with questions can go to Goodyear Auto Service’s website to chat with a representative. Chat is available Monday through Friday from 9a.m.—9p.m. EDT.
    • Customer education: The Tire Basics section of the brand’s website provides easy to understand information about buying and maintaining tires.
    • Warranty information: Warranty information is detailed on the chain’s website. Interested consumers can read the details and limitations of tire and auto service warranties before they make a purchase.
    • Online scheduling: Goodyear Auto Service’s website has an online scheduling tool. Consumers select the location they would like to go to, the services they need performed and the day and time they would like to come. Same day appointments are often available.
    • Best for: Goodyear Auto Service Centers cater to those looking for Goodyear produced tires and want auto services provided at the same location.
    Profile picture of Lauren Fix
    Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers Company Information