Find an Auto Service and Repair partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Goodyear Auto Service Centers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodyear Auto Service Centers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodyear Tires?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

So I made an appointment at 1 at 114 Milestone Way, Greenville, SC 29615 Goodyear Auto Service for 4 new tires and when I showed up the gentleman said it wouldn’t be done till 4. Well 4 came around car wasn’t done so I sat, watched and the car wasn’t done till 4:40 which why would you make an appointment if you have to wait 3+ hours for tires???

I was happy though till I saw it costed 600 dollars after the insurance and labor on each tire but whatever. The thing that floors me is that right after I left I stopped for coffee and as I was walking out to the parking lot I noticed they literally forgot a lug nut but not only that closer inspection they completely mangled the stud to the point where I’ll have to get it replaced now.

I show up the next day and told them what happened and the gentleman tells me that he can’t fit me in that day or even the rest of the week...That’s the service you get for paying 600 dollars to these kinda shops I guess. I also tried to write a review on Google and come to find out they turned off the ability for people to write reviews, I wonder why. First time and last time I’ll ever go to a Goodyear. I’ve had better service at your local mom and pop auto tire shop.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for reaching out to us, John. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with the condition of your vehicle. We would like to speak to you directly so that we may get this matter resolved. Can you please give us a call at 1-800-321-2136? Ext 5. We are available between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you!

Original review: June 18, 2020

We have an 07 PT cruiser and had a problem with the air. There was none. Took it to Goodyear Auto at Chapel Hill in Akron and had fan replaced. Was ok for a few days then car started overheating. Come to find out fan went bad. That quick call and was told it would be 3 weeks before I could bring it in and if it was that important I’d wait. Not a nice person. It was warranty work so called the state RD Goodyear and took it there and the next day was informed there was need for a complete overhaul of the system when all that was bad was the fan. So realizing age of vehicle I opted to change it all at a cost of 1300.00. Got it back 3 days later. Was ok for 2 days and then no air.

So called and took it back a 2nd time. More parts needed after I was told all was replaced. Kept it 2 days got it back and over the course for 2 days no air. Took it back again. No 3 time. Was told gaskets need replaced when I was told it was a complete repair. This time lasted 5 hours. Called, took it back. Called claimed need more parts. Have it back next day. Didn’t happen. Didn’t even call us to tell us they were keeping it. Get a call at 415 and was asked if I was coming to get my car and we told them we didn’t even get any kind of call period so on the way to get it now. Got my fingers crossed. Funny thing is I already got the bill and they had the car longer than us. I won’t go back there for this problem anymore and feel we need compensation for all the aggravation. Thanks for reading.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for reaching out to us, Barry. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with the condition of your vehicle. We would like to speak to you directly so that we may get this matter resolved. Can you please give us a call at 1-800-321-2136? Ext 5. We are available between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you!

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

Goodyear review. Warranty of Goodyear is tricky, never spend extra money for it before you read the note below! I bought Goodyear tires in April 2018 with 65000 mileage warranty for $600 ( invoice attached). There was bunch of the offers $399 for 4 tires, with 30000 mileage warranty on the other places (stores). Person, named George, who sold it to me, told that, warranty will be valid if you come back for rotation every 5000 mileage. When I came back first time after 5000, he wanted me to come back another day, then, when I came back another day, according the schedule made by him, he forced me to wait long time (2-3 hours) like he is busy with other customers. I think it happened to me, because, it was free of charge service by warranty.

After, what happened to me, I hated to go there again and I went to another place for rotation. Just keep my tires in good condition. My tires got worst in 32000 mileage anyway. It is BOLD now. I called, to Goodyear corporate office 3 times, e-mailed them, went to service 2 times. Finally, after all, they offered me to pay half price: $300 for 4 tires, and told me that, I have to come for rotation each 5000 mileage, no matter what happens, if I want to get warranty. I told ok and asked them: if I will come for rotation every 5000 mile, will I get warranty? Answer: no! She said: "You will pay for mileage anyway."

As I understand: each mileage cost $ 0.009, which means if tires get worst, customers have to pay difference of mileage depending how long they last, so, it is kind of TRICKY. Customers have to pay anyway. And in total, customers get same mileage of tires, for much more high price and wasting time, nerves and get headaches. Result: If I bought tires for $399 with 30000 mileage warranty from any other places, I would save my nerves, time, money and I would not have to go back for rotation to have headache. Trust me, never go for more mileage or warranty with Goodyear, go for regular tires with 30000 mileage. Good luck to everyone.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for reaching out to us, Niyazi. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience during your recent visit. We would like to speak to you directly so that we may get this matter resolved. Can you please give us a call at 1-800-321-2136? Ext 5. We are available between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:00 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Resolution response: Dec. 11, 2019

The company contacted me agreed to replace the tire. This issue has been resolved. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

We purchased 4 new tires from Goodyear in Greensburg PA. A week later one of the tires goes flat. We put air in it and it is fine. The tire went flat again, so we return to Good Year. They check the tires and said there was no leak and it was because they forgot the tires. So the seal the tires and the tire continued to go flat and we had to fill it every week, even if it just sat there (vehicle not used often). I took there today and they tell me I need to buy another tire because there is a leak. Same tire, same issue different diagnosis. I know without a doubt they did something wrong or installed a faulty tire. I should not have to replace a tire that never functioned properly. Do Not Purchase from Good Year!!!!

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for letting us know what happened,Erica. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience during your visit and we would like to address this. Can you Please give us a call at 1-800-321-2136 ext 5? We are available between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:00 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I purchased 4 brand new tires like 3 - 4 months ago. I kept having to put air in them at least once a week. Every time I went there I was brushed off about why my tires needed so much air. According to one of the technicians, it was because I needed an alignment. Got the alignment and problem continued. Come to find out, one of my tires had a nail in it. I went back to Goodyear and was given run around about the nail and never got it removed. Thank god there are other tire shops that are more than willing to help out and that is how I resolved my problem. The techs there are lazy and good for nothing. Never will buy tires there again. It's the Goodyear Tire and Service Shop in Spring Valley off of Hwy 94 on Sweetwater Springs Blvd across from the 711. You guys suck!!!!

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for letting us know what happened,Teresa. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience during your visit and we would like to address this. Can you Please give us a call at 1-800-321-2136 ext 5? We are available between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:00 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

Back in February 2019 - I had a complete rear brake overhaul done (calipers, rotors, pads and brake fluid change) along with an oil change. Total bill came out to $1,125 - parts were marked up over 100% OEM I could have bought myself - and were either remanufactured or inferior quality over OEM. I had also asked for an alignment as I had the 3-year alignment package during a prior repair (they said wheel bearing replacement require it - I doubt that's the case) - but they never provided the alignment paperwork showing that the work was done as any other auto shop would provide. So my guess is they never did the alignment. 150 miles later the oil light came on. They never changed the oil. Took it back and they finally did the oil change.

Now 28,000 miles later (of mostly highway driving) - I'm getting a grinding noise from the rear brakes. The rotors are scored - likely from contaminants in the brake pad material. But with a 24,000 mile brake job warranty - I'm out of luck. The original brakes and the last brake job I did myself I got nearly 60,000 miles out of them. I only went to Goodyear because it was in the middle of winter.

Finally, this summer I brought the car in for a new wheel hub bearing and state inspection. They said they didn't do the inspection because the 'check engine' light went on. They cleared the code and as a result - the car idled/ran rough for about a week until the car could 'relearn' its ignition timing after a number of warm-up cycles. I had to get the inspection done elsewhere which was done without any issues. I also asked them to check the alignment. Again no paperwork - they said that the tires are worn evenly so there wasn't no need. So again - they didn't bother putting it up on the alignment rack.

I have to say - never again will I use Goodyear. I should have known better and done it myself. Either the employees are completely incompetent, purposely not doing work customers are paying for and/or the shop management is overlooking these issues. The cost of parts is almost double what you would pay if you bought them yourself from a parts store such as NAPA.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for letting us know what happened, Lester. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience during your visit and we would like to address this. Can you Please give us a call at 1-800-321-2136 ext 5? We are available between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:00 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I ordered four tires on Goodyear website for Maserati (Model - Levante) and selected Goodyear auto service center (41 S Dean St, Englewood, NJ 07631) for installation. I dropped the car on Thursday, 3rd October for the tire change. When I went to pick up, all the four rims were significant damaged. I also sent the pictures of the damaged rims to the supervisor for the record and he said that he will look into how the damage happened, and asked me to bring the car next day again. Next day, the supervisor told me that the damage did happen due to negligence of the mechanic when the supervisor was away on a lunch break. He said he will get it fixed at their expense but I am having hard time working the service center to get the rims fixed due to lack of communication from the supervisor/manager.

There is lack of sensitivity to the customer's damage, poor communication, and lack of communication skills when talking to customer. The way they come across is bullying the customer when the customer to working in most cooperative way to get the damage (due to mechanic's negligence) remediated. I went to Goodyear service center and not to any other local shop because of the Goodyear's brand name but I am really disappointed for the lack of professionalism in doing the job right, and harassing the customer for the repair due to their mistake.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for letting us know what happened, Gurpreet. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience during your visit and we would like to address this. Please give us a call 1-800-321-2136? Ext 5. We are available between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:00 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Needed an alignment due to uneven tire wear so I had them put on two new front tires and an alignment, $300 was fair. The issue was a week later when I go to take the tire off to do my breaks 3 out of 5 lug bolts snapped off. I look inside where the bolts are and the nuts where literally so far inside the holes that it's dented inwards. I called them to explain this and they said they could get me in by the next day charging me 80 per broken bolt. They obviously over tightened them but deny responsibility. I showed some pictures of the threading to a mechanic at the dealership I normally go to and he quickly stated that they were obviously severely over torqued which is a common reason for the studs to break off while removing the wheel.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for letting us know what happened, Ryan. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience during your visit and we would like to address this. Please give us a call us a call at 1-800-321-2136? Ext 5. We are available between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:00 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I charge by the tow driver and Goodyear store. Twice happen and have to waste over 2 hour my time. To try straighten this out and on go problem. The tow driver that Goodyear uses are not suppose charge us. So if they ask for credit card to to you. Tell them no. The Goodyear store you tow to charge on your bill. TOW365 driver of the tow truck are not suppose to charge you If you go to a Goodyear store.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for letting us know what happened. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience during your visit and we would like to address this. Can you Please give us a call at 1-800-321-2136 ext 5? We are available between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:30 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: July 25, 2019

This happened at Goodyear Auto Service of Santa Cruz on Water Street. Perhaps this happened because I am a woman. I had a coupon for an oil and filter change for $24.95. I have done this same coupon amount at many auto services over the years, and after the added tax, it comes to a little over $27.00. I have my past receipts. Isaac stood there at checkout and upped the price to $35.00 telling me this was the price out the door, as if I am so stupid I do not know he is ripping me off. One of the worst things was the way he looked at me. Such hatred. I was late for a medical appointment and just paid and left. He told me to tell all my friends to come there. I will warn them and tell them to never go there. He is a liar and a thief.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Jeanne. We are sorry to hear that this has happened. We would like to look to into this matter for you. Please give us a call at 800-321-2136 Ext.5 so that we may work on this with you. Please check your private message box for your file number. You will need this number handy when you contact us. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you again for contacting us.

Goodyear Tires author review by Lauren Fix

Goodyear Auto Service was established in 1924 and now operates over 1,200 service centers. Goodyear Tire & Rubber owns the chain. They sell and mount tires, perform preventative maintenance and provide some repairs.

• Find tires: Interested customers can input the make and model of their vehicle and find tires that will fit their automobile. Then, they can select the features they want to narrow down their options. Some customers may need to know the specific size of their tires.

• Live chat: Consumers with questions can go to Goodyear Auto Service’s website to chat with a representative. Chat is available Monday through Friday from 9a.m.—9p.m. EDT.

• Customer education: The Tire Basics section of the brand’s website provides easy to understand information about buying and maintaining tires.

• Warranty information: Warranty information is detailed on the chain’s website. Interested consumers can read the details and limitations of tire and auto service warranties before they make a purchase.

• Online scheduling: Goodyear Auto Service’s website has an online scheduling tool. Consumers select the location they would like to go to, the services they need performed and the day and time they would like to come. Same day appointments are often available.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers Company Information