Goodyear Auto Service Centers

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Goodyear Auto Service Centers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodyear Auto Service Centers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodyear Tires?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Beware! My car has Goodyear/80K warranty tires installed a couple of years ago. Recently front left tire started to leak air. My wife had brought the car to Goodyear in Rochester, MI for air leak repair. The man (Billy) told her that tires were old, irreparable and he would need to replace all 4 tires. He came up with $901 estimation (I have a copy). We took car back and drove to Discount Tires. There the tire was repaired for free, however they had to change a pressure sensor because it was damaged. From now on, I will avoid Good Year tires because of such a service!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

The minute Goodyear have been fabulous. When we first moved here we went down to them and they treated us like family. Ocean City NJ Goodyear is a wonderful experience. They're honest, courteous, and just all around nice people to deal with.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Krage's auto repair in West Chicago is a registered Goodyear dealer with a local hometown service atmosphere and quality work is always done. Been going there for years and have sent many friends there too.

Resolution response: Aug. 10, 2021

The manager and I were able to go over some things today and come to a resolution. I was wrong about some things and Bill, the store manager, was kind and patient with me in walking me through the work performed. I was compensated for the alignment program and they gained some trust from me, a new customer.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

What a mess. Yesterday I setup an online appointment for tires and oil change. Today, when I arrived for my appointment I decided to also get an alignment and have brakes inspected. I received a call later stating that front pads needed to be replaced. I was quoted costs and approved of the repair. I was also offered some "100k mile" fluid exchanges. Again I was quoted and again I verbally approved for the work to be performed. I received another phone call about an hour later from a mechanic at the service center stating that the rear diff fluid could not be changed as it did not have vacuum ports and that it would cost an additional $80 to repair as they would have to remove the ten bolts for the diff cover and replace the gasket. It was at this point that I declined the service.

My vehicle was ready approximately 8 hours after dropping it off. I arrived and spoke with the same person I had earlier. They stated that they did find a way to exchange the fluid in the rear diff. Ok, great. I paid my bill and headed home. New brake pads were great and the new tires improved driveability. I was happy. Of course I get home and I can't help myself. I just have to check the oil, looks good, definitely changed. I see brake fluid reservoir and uh oh, the fluid is well below the full step. It hasn't been touched despite having paid $110 for the service. Ok, probably a mistake. I then look at the power steering fluid reservoir, again, hasn't been touched. The fluid is the same as when I brought it in, new fluid is RED, not reddish brown. Ok, another $100 for nothing.

I slide under the rear end to look at the diff, it hasn't been touched and there is no way to access the fluid except the traditional 10 bolt cover. Another $200 charge, again for nothing. I also paid for a fuel injection system treatment which I have no way of knowing was performed, but based on all of the other services in this "fluid exchange package" not being performed and having been lied to directly to my face I think it's safe to assume it was not. Also, when I checked the invoice I wasn't charged for an alignment, but was charged for a 3 year alignment program ($155). That is not a service I asked for and I should have been made aware of that. To fellow consumers I would advise you to only use the service center's basic offerings (tires, oil and brakes) and avoid any additional services offered. Hopefully I can get this resolved with little to no headache, but regardless these are despicable practices.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

So I made an appointment at 1 at 114 Milestone Way, Greenville, SC 29615 Goodyear Auto Service for 4 new tires and when I showed up the gentleman said it wouldn’t be done till 4. Well 4 came around car wasn’t done so I sat, watched and the car wasn’t done till 4:40 which why would you make an appointment if you have to wait 3+ hours for tires???

I was happy though till I saw it costed 600 dollars after the insurance and labor on each tire but whatever. The thing that floors me is that right after I left I stopped for coffee and as I was walking out to the parking lot I noticed they literally forgot a lug nut but not only that closer inspection they completely mangled the stud to the point where I’ll have to get it replaced now.

I show up the next day and told them what happened and the gentleman tells me that he can’t fit me in that day or even the rest of the week...That’s the service you get for paying 600 dollars to these kinda shops I guess. I also tried to write a review on Google and come to find out they turned off the ability for people to write reviews, I wonder why. First time and last time I’ll ever go to a Goodyear. I’ve had better service at your local mom and pop auto tire shop.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for reaching out to us, John. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with the condition of your vehicle. We would like to speak to you directly so that we may get this matter resolved. Can you please give us a call at 1-800-321-2136? Ext 5. We are available between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you!

Original review: June 18, 2020

We have an 07 PT cruiser and had a problem with the air. There was none. Took it to Goodyear Auto at Chapel Hill in Akron and had fan replaced. Was ok for a few days then car started overheating. Come to find out fan went bad. That quick call and was told it would be 3 weeks before I could bring it in and if it was that important I’d wait. Not a nice person. It was warranty work so called the state RD Goodyear and took it there and the next day was informed there was need for a complete overhaul of the system when all that was bad was the fan. So realizing age of vehicle I opted to change it all at a cost of 1300.00. Got it back 3 days later. Was ok for 2 days and then no air.

So called and took it back a 2nd time. More parts needed after I was told all was replaced. Kept it 2 days got it back and over the course for 2 days no air. Took it back again. No 3 time. Was told gaskets need replaced when I was told it was a complete repair. This time lasted 5 hours. Called, took it back. Called claimed need more parts. Have it back next day. Didn’t happen. Didn’t even call us to tell us they were keeping it. Get a call at 415 and was asked if I was coming to get my car and we told them we didn’t even get any kind of call period so on the way to get it now. Got my fingers crossed. Funny thing is I already got the bill and they had the car longer than us. I won’t go back there for this problem anymore and feel we need compensation for all the aggravation. Thanks for reading.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for reaching out to us, Barry. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with the condition of your vehicle. We would like to speak to you directly so that we may get this matter resolved. Can you please give us a call at 1-800-321-2136? Ext 5. We are available between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

Goodyear review. Warranty of Goodyear is tricky, never spend extra money for it before you read the note below! I bought Goodyear tires in April 2018 with 65000 mileage warranty for $600 ( invoice attached). There was bunch of the offers $399 for 4 tires, with 30000 mileage warranty on the other places (stores). Person, named George, who sold it to me, told that, warranty will be valid if you come back for rotation every 5000 mileage. When I came back first time after 5000, he wanted me to come back another day, then, when I came back another day, according the schedule made by him, he forced me to wait long time (2-3 hours) like he is busy with other customers. I think it happened to me, because, it was free of charge service by warranty.

After, what happened to me, I hated to go there again and I went to another place for rotation. Just keep my tires in good condition. My tires got worst in 32000 mileage anyway. It is BOLD now. I called, to Goodyear corporate office 3 times, e-mailed them, went to service 2 times. Finally, after all, they offered me to pay half price: $300 for 4 tires, and told me that, I have to come for rotation each 5000 mileage, no matter what happens, if I want to get warranty. I told ok and asked them: if I will come for rotation every 5000 mile, will I get warranty? Answer: no! She said: "You will pay for mileage anyway."

As I understand: each mileage cost $ 0.009, which means if tires get worst, customers have to pay difference of mileage depending how long they last, so, it is kind of TRICKY. Customers have to pay anyway. And in total, customers get same mileage of tires, for much more high price and wasting time, nerves and get headaches. Result: If I bought tires for $399 with 30000 mileage warranty from any other places, I would save my nerves, time, money and I would not have to go back for rotation to have headache. Trust me, never go for more mileage or warranty with Goodyear, go for regular tires with 30000 mileage. Good luck to everyone.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for reaching out to us, Niyazi. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience during your recent visit. We would like to speak to you directly so that we may get this matter resolved. Can you please give us a call at 1-800-321-2136? Ext 5. We are available between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:00 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Resolution response: Dec. 11, 2019

The company contacted me agreed to replace the tire. This issue has been resolved. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

We purchased 4 new tires from Goodyear in Greensburg PA. A week later one of the tires goes flat. We put air in it and it is fine. The tire went flat again, so we return to Good Year. They check the tires and said there was no leak and it was because they forgot the tires. So the seal the tires and the tire continued to go flat and we had to fill it every week, even if it just sat there (vehicle not used often). I took there today and they tell me I need to buy another tire because there is a leak. Same tire, same issue different diagnosis. I know without a doubt they did something wrong or installed a faulty tire. I should not have to replace a tire that never functioned properly. Do Not Purchase from Good Year!!!!

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for letting us know what happened,Erica. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience during your visit and we would like to address this. Can you Please give us a call at 1-800-321-2136 ext 5? We are available between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:00 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I purchased 4 brand new tires like 3 - 4 months ago. I kept having to put air in them at least once a week. Every time I went there I was brushed off about why my tires needed so much air. According to one of the technicians, it was because I needed an alignment. Got the alignment and problem continued. Come to find out, one of my tires had a nail in it. I went back to Goodyear and was given run around about the nail and never got it removed. Thank god there are other tire shops that are more than willing to help out and that is how I resolved my problem. The techs there are lazy and good for nothing. Never will buy tires there again. It's the Goodyear Tire and Service Shop in Spring Valley off of Hwy 94 on Sweetwater Springs Blvd across from the 711. You guys suck!!!!

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for letting us know what happened,Teresa. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience during your visit and we would like to address this. Can you Please give us a call at 1-800-321-2136 ext 5? We are available between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:00 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

Back in February 2019 - I had a complete rear brake overhaul done (calipers, rotors, pads and brake fluid change) along with an oil change. Total bill came out to $1,125 - parts were marked up over 100% OEM I could have bought myself - and were either remanufactured or inferior quality over OEM. I had also asked for an alignment as I had the 3-year alignment package during a prior repair (they said wheel bearing replacement require it - I doubt that's the case) - but they never provided the alignment paperwork showing that the work was done as any other auto shop would provide. So my guess is they never did the alignment. 150 miles later the oil light came on. They never changed the oil. Took it back and they finally did the oil change.

Now 28,000 miles later (of mostly highway driving) - I'm getting a grinding noise from the rear brakes. The rotors are scored - likely from contaminants in the brake pad material. But with a 24,000 mile brake job warranty - I'm out of luck. The original brakes and the last brake job I did myself I got nearly 60,000 miles out of them. I only went to Goodyear because it was in the middle of winter.

Finally, this summer I brought the car in for a new wheel hub bearing and state inspection. They said they didn't do the inspection because the 'check engine' light went on. They cleared the code and as a result - the car idled/ran rough for about a week until the car could 'relearn' its ignition timing after a number of warm-up cycles. I had to get the inspection done elsewhere which was done without any issues. I also asked them to check the alignment. Again no paperwork - they said that the tires are worn evenly so there wasn't no need. So again - they didn't bother putting it up on the alignment rack.

I have to say - never again will I use Goodyear. I should have known better and done it myself. Either the employees are completely incompetent, purposely not doing work customers are paying for and/or the shop management is overlooking these issues. The cost of parts is almost double what you would pay if you bought them yourself from a parts store such as NAPA.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers response

Thank you for letting us know what happened, Lester. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience during your visit and we would like to address this. Can you Please give us a call at 1-800-321-2136 ext 5? We are available between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:00 pm EST Monday through Friday. We will be sending you a private message with your claim number.

Goodyear Tires author review by Lauren Fix

Goodyear Auto Service was established in 1924 and now operates over 1,200 service centers. Goodyear Tire & Rubber owns the chain. They sell and mount tires, perform preventative maintenance and provide some repairs.

• Find tires: Interested customers can input the make and model of their vehicle and find tires that will fit their automobile. Then, they can select the features they want to narrow down their options. Some customers may need to know the specific size of their tires.

• Live chat: Consumers with questions can go to Goodyear Auto Service’s website to chat with a representative. Chat is available Monday through Friday from 9a.m.—9p.m. EDT.

• Customer education: The Tire Basics section of the brand’s website provides easy to understand information about buying and maintaining tires.

• Warranty information: Warranty information is detailed on the chain’s website. Interested consumers can read the details and limitations of tire and auto service warranties before they make a purchase.

• Online scheduling: Goodyear Auto Service’s website has an online scheduling tool. Consumers select the location they would like to go to, the services they need performed and the day and time they would like to come. Same day appointments are often available.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Advisor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Goodyear Auto Service Centers Company Information