2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

4.0/5 (468 ratings)
Shop Now on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About GMC Sierra

The GMC Sierra is a full-size, heavy-duty pickup truck. Read more General Motors reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

GMC Sierra Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GMC Sierra?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GMC Sierra?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I have had 2 Sierras and would not take anything for them. If it was not for the first one my wife and I probably would not be here. We were in an accident because of a guy running from the police and ran a red light, hit another truck that hit us head on. The accident killed the driver that he hit. My truck was a 2013 and was totaled. I also like the way that the truck handles and rides.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Before you buy any GM car or truck, Google "Chevy shake." After about 16 months of owning a brand new GMC Sierra, there was a shake/shutter/vibration throughout the cabin. This is happening on several models, not just mine. GM is not acknowledging the problem, or just covering it up by saying it falls into their standard or specifications. GARBAGE! Do not buy ANYTHING from them without doing your research. I will be posting their emails that they responded with stating that this is their "standard" for $40,000+vehicles.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I chose the 2017 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax over the Ram truck even though it was much more. I made a poor choice, this truck is the worst $70K I've even spent! Transmission issues, electrical issues and the manufacture could care less. Filed a lemon lawsuit and they tried to tie it up in court, I settled for much less. I cannot even sell the truck at its value. I will never buy GMC again!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

The 2015 GMC Sierra SLT is an extremely comfortable, stylish pickup. It’s sturdy and well made. The doors have extra seals that keep out sound. The standard rims are catchy. The options are much more than expected from a pickup. From heated steering wheel to air conditioned seats, 10 cup holders and lots of room for our big guys to stretch out. Far reclining seats and Bose stereo are impressive. Small touches like pea size light enough to read by without having to turn lights on. Exterior lights and inside lighting are well thought out and attractive. Very pleased. Very blessed to have it.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

This is a great truck. Have over 126,000 miles and everything works just like the day I bought it 12+ years ago. Decent mileage for a 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive that spends a lot of time on back roads. Change oil every 7500 miles with Rotella T4 15W 40.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

57,000 dollars truck. (gfx model) The rims had to be replaced within less than 2 years due to rust. Numerous recalls. There was a brake system recall which I was disappointed cause my brakes fail once before been aware of recall. For a pricey truck I believe shouldn't have all those recalls.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

DO NOT PURCHASE GM PRODUCTS. I purchase a new 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 a month ago and it is now in the shop for the second time. It has been in the shop for over two weeks and in all, it has been in the shop for roughly three of the four weeks I have owned the truck. Since I need my truck to work, I am now losing income while at the same time I am making payments on a truck that is in the shop. To make matters worse, the GM Corporation has repeatedly cancelled my parts order with no explanation as to why it did so. Worst of all, despite repeated requests, the GM Corporation will not do anything to make me whole in terms of the financial losses I have incurred as the result of the corporation's poor quality control.

In other words, it is my fault that I bought a defective new product and GM would rather I pursue legal action against the company versus trying to reimbursement in some form or fashion. Hell, they will not even try to place me in a full size loaner vehicle nor have they offered something a small as an extension of my warranty or XM subscription. Therefore, if you want to buy a reliable vehicle from a company that will back their products, do not purchase a GM vehicle. It pains me to say this because I have been a loyal GM client for over 30 years but that is no longer the case. Regards, Mark **.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Brand new 70,000 dollar Gmc Sierra Denali 3700 miles. Loud lifter noise. Never made it to the first oil change. Now they have to tear down the whole engine. Been a GM man my whole life. Saved and worked to get this truck and this is how it is. Maybe it’s time to change.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

We are retired and have had superb service from our 2014 GMC Sierra extended cab 4x4 that was purchased new. Recently completed a 5000 mi road trip through Canada over some rough roads. The truck is quiet and comfortable and has had no mechanical issues. Very satisfied with our purchase.

Original review: June 4, 2019

2003 GMC Sierra - Bad Brakes. Been in two rear collisions because the brakes are weak, had every brake component replaced including lines and hoses and brakes still feel the same. I've read from many others that this is an issue they tried to blame on salty roads rusting the lines but I can assure you even with brand new lines they are no different. Truck sits in the driveway and I'll be buying a Dodge Ram when it comes to my next truck because this one I'm scared to drive and I have thousands of dollars invested in keeping it maintained and replacing poorly designed parts that were redesigned after everyone had issues at our expense.

GMC Sierra Company Information