2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Shop on Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.94/5

The GMC Sierra is a full-size, heavy-duty pickup truck. Read more General Motors reviews to learn about other models.

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

GMC Sierra Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GMC Sierra?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GMC Sierra?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I like my GMC Sierra pickup truck. There have been a number of recalls on it but the dealership takes care of them. Even with it being 5 years old with almost 100k miles it still looks and drives great, and is very comfortable for long trips. Other than the recalls and a defective condenser on the air conditioning system I haven't had any repair issues yet.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I have had 2 Sierras and would not take anything for them. If it was not for the first one my wife and I probably would not be here. We were in an accident because of a guy running from the police and ran a red light, hit another truck that hit us head on. The accident killed the driver that he hit. My truck was a 2013 and was totaled. I also like the way that the truck handles and rides.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

The 2015 GMC Sierra SLT is an extremely comfortable, stylish pickup. It’s sturdy and well made. The doors have extra seals that keep out sound. The standard rims are catchy. The options are much more than expected from a pickup. From heated steering wheel to air conditioned seats, 10 cup holders and lots of room for our big guys to stretch out. Far reclining seats and Bose stereo are impressive. Small touches like pea size light enough to read by without having to turn lights on. Exterior lights and inside lighting are well thought out and attractive. Very pleased. Very blessed to have it.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

I purchased a GMC Sierra. I purchased a GMC Sierra. 2013 SLE, one owner with 80,000 miles. I've had this truck for little over a year. Regularly scheduled oil changes and have even had a tune-up done. One day last week I was driving the truck and the engine begin to tick. I took the truck to my local mechanic where he said what everyone else has said, the motor is junk. I have a lifter ticking as well as a rod broken. The engine is toast and GM is telling me that I have to move a vehicle that is not drivable to a GM dealer, unbelievable. GM customer service immediately asks for the VIN number so that they can look and immediately remove all fault from GM and place the blame on the customer. They will immediately tell the customer that its an out of pocket expense.

Out of the first fifteen thousand reviews all fifteen thousand stated the same issue and concern with the GM motor and GM until this day 10/24/2020 has still done nothing to correct the engine problem. Even during this time of the pandemic era GM is still denying any blame or fault. I drive 68 miles daily to and from work. How am I supposed to make it to work now. GM hasn't even mentioned a loaner or any assistance with the cost of the repair. I still have 17,000+ and 3 years left to pay on this truck and what does GM say? They say sorry its an out of pocket expense.

I at one point loved and respected the GM company. At this point I will never think of buying another GM vehicle. And out of all the money that I have put in to my truck is now a complete loss. And do you know what GM says, they say it's an out of pocket expense. There is no loyalty or any customer concern when it comes to the GM company. And then they put these people over the phone that sit in a call center all day and rehearse and practice their response to questions asked by the customers, You would expect the foreign companies to be the ones that take advantage of the American customers, but it GM an American company taking advantage of the American people, Americans taking advantage of Americans isn't that what Americans do to each other.

And then the representative tells me to take it to a GM dealer so they can communicate with the dealer one on one. And then mentions a loaner car. But they are also telling me that it's an out of pocket repair, so who's going to pay for the loaner? I guess I will be the one paying for the loner also right. These representatives are hired and trained purely for what wages they can be paid and not questioned. Almost the same as working in a sweatshop. I can hire people to answer the phones for me at a rate of one dollar an hour, I've done the research. GM may seem as though they are a reputable company to do business with, but they are not. The main concern of GM is the timely production and sale of their products. Once the vehicle leaves the dealer it's an automatic out of pocket expense for the customer.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I recently passed 50,000 miles on my pickup. It is just out of warranty. The air conditioner condenser went out and when they were fixing that they showed me the radiator that is leaking and has to be replaced. I have religiously maintained this truck at the dealer, most of the miles are freeway miles and I have towed things about 6 times in the life of the truck (mostly just a two horse trailer with one horse in it). I have owned many trucks over the years and have never had problems at 50,000 miles before. I was told by the dealer that these things can fail at any time. If that's true I sure am not going to buy another.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

My 2019 Sierra has been at the dealer for 9 weeks. They disassemble the front differential and does not have parts. As of this date GM cannot tell when the parts will be available. Life long gm owner, but stay away. You have been warned.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I bought a 2019 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 on October 31 and only drove it until December 11 and then got a check engine light and I took it back to the dealer and they said that it was a battery problem so we change the battery and then not even 30 minutes later we took it back because there was no brakes and all the lights came on on the dash. Until this day the truck is still in the dealer and I’m making payments while it's still the dealer. I was headed to Wisconsin when this incident happened and I had to turn around and cancel my vacation because of this. I don’t think this is right because it is a 2019 vehicle and I only got 1500 miles on it. I don’t think a 2019 vehicle should be doing this.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I bought a 2019 fully loaded Sierra Denali 1500 for $72,000. I have had it since May 2019. My dealer is amazing and have tried to resolve my issues. I have a number of issues happening.

1. Brakes squeak after starting forward and back. This started happening around 2000k miles. Every time I back out of my driveway it sounds like I am scratching metal together. My neighbors are like you paid what for that NEW truck???

2. Rear camera, trailer cam goes blue screen where you can still see the objects in the view but it’s tinted blue. This week it turned black in the trailer camera view area.

3. Entertainment screen goes completely blue with yellow notice to “service rear camera system”. Can not see any of the cameras in reverse when this happens.

4. Radio stations just don’t turn on sometimes and I have to change radio stations and then go back to the one I had on when I started the car for it to work.

5. MOST DISTURBING - when the truck was in PARK and in about a 20 degree upward angle it started rolling backwards. The wheels turned about 1/4 and I ran around and hit the brakes. This is very concerning because what if a kid or animal was behind the truck and if started rolling. This is a MAJOR issue. Lucky for me it happened when I was with the dealer so they saw it and said they have never seen that one before.

Overall the look of this truck is the best on the road but the consistent issues make this truck sub par. GM keeps trying trying to blame the dealer and the dealer has supplied them with all of my documents. I have taken pictures, videos and multiple service visits. GM told me to go buy new brake pads. I am getting my legal team involved as GM takes no responsibility for these issues and keeps saying, just go to your local certified dealer. I will update as I get more info.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Before you buy any GM car or truck, Google "Chevy shake." After about 16 months of owning a brand new GMC Sierra, there was a shake/shutter/vibration throughout the cabin. This is happening on several models, not just mine. GM is not acknowledging the problem, or just covering it up by saying it falls into their standard or specifications. GARBAGE! Do not buy ANYTHING from them without doing your research. I will be posting their emails that they responded with stating that this is their "standard" for $40,000+vehicles.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I chose the 2017 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax over the Ram truck even though it was much more. I made a poor choice, this truck is the worst $70K I've even spent! Transmission issues, electrical issues and the manufacture could care less. Filed a lemon lawsuit and they tried to tie it up in court, I settled for much less. I cannot even sell the truck at its value. I will never buy GMC again!

GMC Sierra Company Information