Save on Car Repairs

Compare Quotes
1.68/5
Based on 189 reviews that contain star ratings

GMC Sierra

The GMC Sierra is a full-size, heavy-duty pickup truck. Read more General Motors reviews to learn about other models.

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

197 GMC Sierra Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

The starter location is worthless. I have been working on trying to change it for 6 hours and cant get the damn thing off. Whoever did this has ruined me for GMC Duramax. I will be selling this truck and I will never buy another one in my life. I wouldn't take one for free. I'm so angry I just wanna set the truck on fire and watch it die. GM is absolutely worthless.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I leased a 2017 Sierra Denali about 1.5 years ago. The truck has been great so far at 18500 miles. Last week the front camera went out (runs intellibeam light function and low speed collision system). It is being replaced under warranty as we speak. I have had several GM trucks and SUVs since 2001, and they have all been reliable, mostly well built vehicles. The magnetic ride control on the Denali is very nice. The interior fit of the truck is also pretty good except for the plastic wood trim. On a $55000 truck it should be real wood. I have also never been able to get the wireless charger in the console to work consistently, but apparently others do not have this problem.

The Bose stereo sounds good, the LTE wifi is convenient, and the seats are comfortable and nicely made, even though they are only about half leather. The synthetic leather is really good though and honestly probably more durable than real leather. The LED headlights are only mediocre at best on low, and good on high. The dual glove compartments are helpful and there is no lack of storage in all areas. The 8 speed transmission shifts nicely, but it takes a few seconds to go into reverse when started first thing in the morning unless you let the engine idle for 10 to 15 seconds. It has always done that and otherwise goes into reverse immediately. I just put it down to some kind of electronic startup procedure that it has to go through.

The 5.3 v8 is a remarkable engine. It idles smoothly, delivers as much power as you need when asked, and gets pretty amazing gas mileage especially on the freeway. The 6.2, which is what my wife's Escalade has, is amazingly powerful and nearly as efficient even in that behemoth. I suspect it would be really awesome in a lighter truck. Between the suspension and the engine I frequently find myself going 85 or 90mph without realizing it. It is governed to 98mph. I routinely get 21-24 mpg and have gotten as high as 27 for short periods of time, usually only if I am going 65 or 70 mph though. My last couple of v8s were lucky to get 20 under similar circumstances. It's really remarkable how efficient these engines are. I am currently driving a v6 Canyon and that engine barely does better on fuel economy than the 5.3 v8, and is worse than my 4.3 v6. The AFM operates well and I cannot tell when it deactivates cylinders.

I have had no issues with oil consumption. I also cannot hear any lifter ticking like I could on my 2014 V6. GM have really done well with this series of trucks-they are much better than the 2013 and below models. I do wish a 6.5' bed was available on these, but the short box is serviceable. The sprayed bedliner is tough, but a bit too abrasive compared to line-x, and I really like the cargo bed LEDs. There are plenty of tiedown points, and the OEM insert ones are easy to install. The dampened tailgate is nice, but I dont care for the locking function that operates in synchrony with the doors. I find I am always trying to open it after locking the truck, which locks the tailgate. I supposed those who have tonneau covers appreciate this feature.

The corner steps built into the bumper are awesome and convenient. The paint quality has improved also. My 14 chevy chipped paint very easily. This truck does not do that, even on the front and rear bumper. I would recommend this truck to anyone. It has a lot of very well done features and is generally deserving of its high price.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I have owned my 2014 GMC Sierra SLE for about 2 years now and have had nothing but problems with the A/C. I live in California and A/C is a must. I have already replaced the A/C air compressor line for $600. After that was fixed the A/C condenser went out and I have been driving around all Summer with my Windows down to keep cool in this California heat. I was told it would be $1200 to replace the condenser plus labor. My GM certified mechanic is telling me he runs into this problem with these models all the time and that I should reach out to GMC to get some assistance on the repair.

The GMC rep hits me with a "after reviewing your file GMC will not be assisting with any cost." I was shocked at the level of Customer Service I was given. I asked why and she just repeated herself. She did not try to help me out at all. She did not try to come to some sort of resolution that would keep me as a happy client of GMC. I was just hoping to split the cost in half since this is a known problem with these models. I'm not looking for a free hand out. Hell I'll even take a couple hundred for assistance to replace this condenser, but instead it looks like GMC is just going to tell me I'm ** out of luck. If this isn't made right there is no way I will be buying a GM truck ever again. Those Toyota Tundras are looking nicer every year.

Original review: June 21, 2018

GMC 2012 Sierra has been amazing. It has an excellent performance rating and on top of everything else we love the style, color, make and model of it. We love the TV and the extra seating in the back. It fits our daughter and our dogs comfortably for a road trip! The heating/air conditioning in the back is great too! overall, It is an amazing truck and we love it a lot! It has been a great hot car for our family!

Original review: June 17, 2018

GMC Sierra is an excellent vehicle with his sensors of getting out of your lane or the front and back sensors save you from having an accident or alerts you before and you can avoid having an accident. WiFi is an awesome thing that you have in this vehicle because if you're still in school you can be in the vehicle submitting assignments. Also the navigation system helps you a lot to get to one place and other. While I love my Sierra, I don't like that thing you step on to get on the truck because they have a plastic thing that with time it cracks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GMC Sierra?

Original review: June 16, 2018

My experience with my GMC Sierra 2500 has been good. It is a truck that can handle all the terrains, from the daily life of the city to a rocky or mountain terrain. It has a power that yields according to the use. Maintenance costs are balanced, no surprises in terms of repairs. I consider it an incredible option for men in the house. I like how spacious it is. That allows me to move loads without worrying that the shock absorbers can be mistreated. I also like how tall it is. It's a great option to drive safe and with style. But I do not like that it is not easy for me to park it in certain places. It takes up a lot of space and sometimes it is difficult to find a place for example in the shopping centers.

Original review: June 15, 2018

The GMC Sierra 1500 has good dependability. It has safety options included, as well as radio, OnStar and backup assist. Love the color and interior options. Love the sleek design too. It has no road noise, okay gas mileage and I'm happy with dealership. But it has a bit boxy body. I would like the hood/top area not be so straight lined, rather have a slope type design like the 2000s models.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I like that it's a safe vehicle. I feel comfortable driving it and I liked the rear view camera. I had a decent experience with the truck and we've put a lot of miles on it. But the service department where we get the truck's oil changed at isn't very good at doing their job. Also, it's a huge vehicle so it's hard to back it into parking spaces. And there's not enough leg room in the back seat. The GPS isn't very precise and the car detailing should be included once a year as part of their vehicle service package. The WiFi should be included and not have to pay extra for it.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I chose this vehicle because of the old fashion look, and it is not sluggish if a speed is needed. It has smooth ride and very dependable. Drove from the West Coast to the East Coast 4 times. Also from AZ to WA state 4 times. Never any problems. It has low maintenance, lots of leg room, trailer gear works great too. The color was important to us and the purchase price was on point. But the turn signal lights in front collects water/moisture. Replacing bulb often. I dislike the grill front and did not like the wheel size. After a few months, I purchased larger wheels. In addition, a bit of factory tinted glass could be used at the front windshield.

Original review: June 4, 2018

5.3 L V8 Active Fuel Management - Bought a 2012 GMC Sierra Z71 Crew cab in November 2017 with 60,000 miles on it. Cannot put into words how happy we were to buy this truck. Worked very hard to get us out of the old, falling apart Chevy. Paid $27,000 for this truck just 6 months ago and now it's worth next to nothing. There was something wrong with it from the start, it would constantly go from V4 to V8 within seconds. Loud vibration drone sound when it would be in V4 for all of 15 to 30 seconds then back into V8. Was consuming over a quart of oil between oil changes. TICK, TICK, TICK I know lifter noise when I hear it. Was told this was "Normal".

Driving down the highway one week ago, (Had owned the truck all of 6 months now) and out of the blue the StabiliTrak and traction lights came on, flashing check engine light came on and the truck ran like an old buggy. Immediately pulled in to the nearest safe place and limped it to a shop. Misfire on cylinder #1. Collapsed lifter. Brought it to the Chevrolet/GMC dealer where I bought this and they ran the diagnostic codes: Verified that there was a collapsed lifter, an oil leak etc... etc... how much to fix this? (this is an estimate mind you) ELEVEN THOU$AND DOLLAR$. (Seriously folks, this enters the level of insanity).

Technician states he never has ever heard of this being a problem with Chevrolet/GMC trucks. Google search shows THOUSANDS of results for this exact problem. It has to do with the Active Fuel Management system and also the bore hole size and the lifters themselves. This should be illegal. Loyal Chevrolet/GMC consumer for 35+ years. NEVER AGAIN. Also, when I slow down there is a sudden THUNK like I've been tapped from behind. There is a short in the auxiliary port in the radio, the voltage meter is constantly varying, there is a rattle in the engine that sounds just like a hard foam ball rattling in a tin cup. The truck is just, "off".

Original review: May 31, 2018

We have used the 2004.5 GMC 2500hd to tow our heavy 5th wheel RV over 45,000 miles and it has performed flawlessly, never had any issues. Replaced original front brakes at 130,000 miles due to a warped rotor and replaced the glow plug controller which failed but did not have any effect on starting.

Original review: May 30, 2018

The GMC Sierra's trim is cheap and poorly put together, water leaks into the door frames every time it rains, all the speakers either don't work or work sporadically. Key fob stopped working after only 5 years.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I had to get my transmission rebuilt on my 2014 GMC Sierra at 120,000 miles. Not a huge issue, but I keep meticulous records on my vehicles. I also had a 2001 GMC Sierra that had the same issue at about 108,000 miles. I'm noticing a pattern here, and will probably never own another GMC. All the service work was done at the GMC dealership I purchased the vehicle at. This does not mean anything to GMC. Simply a buyer beware to anyone considering purchasing one of these vehicles.

Original review: March 14, 2018

1996 GMC Sierra - Truck frame is so rusted that it looks like the truck has been totaled. Bed has been replaced, but the frame is not repairable. The brake lines are rusted and brakes have went out and caused me to have to drive into a ditch to avoid a wreck with another vehicle. This is insane and I have seen several other GM trucks that look horrible with the amount of rust that you can see, I have also seen older GM trucks that look like the bed is sitting at an angle due to the rusted frame. GM should be ashamed.

Original review: March 4, 2018

2017 GMC Sierra 2500 pick up truck: My truck goes from 2 wheel to 4 wheel drive (or vice versa) on its own. The radio changes stations on its own. Goes from Sirius to FM on its own. Radio display screen and steering wheel display screen change - screen shows miles per hour and then suddenly changes to what's playing on the radio. My telephone will work sometimes/sometimes not while connected to Bluetooth. Heaters changes options on its own. Right turn signal goes from normal to superfast on its own. Periodically the radio doesn't go back on after phone is disconnected - must manually turn on. GMC says it can not replicate and has "engineers" checking it - so far no results - I hardly ever have my truck since someone is always checking it at GMC. Any ideas? Anybody else having these problems? Help! Thanks!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Bought my truck (2016 Sierra 1500 SLT with 6.2) new December 26, 2015. LOVED the truck, bought the truck. On way home from dealership I noticed noises from the transmission. Took it back next day and told have to drive for 2,000+ miles so the vehicle learns me and how I drive. OK so 2,000 hits back to the dealership, told they can't find anything wrong. Keep driving does it worse and also now clunks when goes in reverse. Take back to dealership again and told they have to reprogram and they need for a whole day to do this. No problem. Pick up and does immediately in the dealership parking lot. Park again and go back in. Told I have to drive again for 2,000 miles so I do. Does worse so take back again, told nothing they can do. That's it's operating as intended... really?

Now 2 weeks ago my bf was driving and the breaks went completely out. I thought he was playing around as I had never had an issue with breaks. Yeah last night they went out on me when pulling in garage. Went to stop so I could back up and move over a little more so I wouldn't hit garage, Yeap you guessed it... it the side of my truck on the garage. Nice scratches to go with it. NOT a happy girl. Called dealership today and they suggested having OnStar tow to them and they will look at it. So on the way to the dealership right now for no breaks. I've lost count of how many times I've had my truck at dealership. I had an Avalanche previously and never once had an issue with it. Decided to upgrade to a nice new GMC with all the options I really wanted including my BOSE speakers, larger motor, tow package. Guess the jokes on me as now she's being towed to dealership. LOVE my truck but hate all the issues.

Updated on 03/05/2018: They have had my truck 11 days now and GM says it's ok to pick up my truck and drive with an intermittent brake issue. So I pull out of the dealership can't stop and get killed by a tractor trailer or hit a small kid in grocery store parking lot is OK with them and no reply. I can't even in good consensus trade truck in as the fear of someone whom buys my truck having brake failure and getting killed because GM did nothing to fix the problem. Not sure what to do. I want my truck fixed.

Updated on 03/19/2018: GM still refuses to do anything with my truck, still claiming it's safe to drive, which it is not. Local dealer is still trying to figure out what's wrong with my truck. They have had since Feb 22, 2018 almost a month now. Owner of dealership has ordered me a new truck. I know I will have to pay to move into new truck but do very much appreciate local dealership making sure my truck is safe to drive. Owner of dealership agrees she can't just sell my truck to an unsuspecting buyer also, which makes me happy. My fear is trading it and have someone else get hurt due to the failure. Glad someone is taking it as serious as I am.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Warning for anyone looking to buy a 2015 Sierra Denali... both the transmission and 6.2 engine are junk. Just had my litters and camshaft replaced at 140,000 miles. I have babied this truck from day 1. GMC doesn't know why? All services have been done at the required frequency. Transmission has never shifted right from day one. Dealer says that's just the way those trucks shift. Pretty Sad. I have always been a Chevy and GMC fan. Time to switch to a Dodge.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

A beautiful truck (used GMC 3500 Sierra crew cab) to look at but it is still in the shop. First break down was the TCM during the HURRICANE. We were evacuating from South Texas. It broke down about 60 miles from the coast. I limped it to a Motel and we stayed there for 3 days until the storm had subsided. Finally got it home then a wrecker picked it up there. Then two months after that the DEP system went out and it is still in the shop even after a new tank and line were installed. Damn thing goes into limp mode after being driven about 10 miles. I will never own another GMC product. They are JUNK and that DEP system is the biggest piece of junk ever thought of. I have already spent $2000.00 dollars on it and have had it only one year and drove it maybe two months of that. I will never buy or own a General Motors Product again. Because they do not give a DAMN about their customers.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I have owned a 2015 and a 2016 GMC 3500 one ton Denali. I've had nothing but problems with both vehicles. I purchased these top of the line trucks because downtime in my business will put me out of business. My current 2016 Denali has 24,000 miles on it and the HMI modules has gone bad. We spent a whole day at Hart GMC in Salem, VA to have the problem diagnosed and it finally was around 2:30. We were supposed to leave town on Monday but had to stay in town until Tuesday when the HMI module would be in. It's almost a week later and we have never received a call from the Dealership. We called several times and were told to call back later. We contacted GMC customer service 10 times and no one will do anything about this. We finally had to leave town to get back to our business. We've lost about $5000.00 because of the huge delay leaving town.

Hart GMC in Salem, VA and GMC customer service have treated us very badly and our $70,000.00 truck still does not work properly. GMC is not professional grade and neither is their customer service. GMC has lost a life long customer and I wouldn't let Hart GMC work on my lawnmower. We have had numerous other problems with these trucks but this is the last straw!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I bought a 2014 Sierra SLT 1500 in Nov of 2014 and at 50k miles it is just falling apart. It has been riddled with nothing but problems and GMC customer support does not care at all about my experience. They take their sweet time to get back to you and when I ask to talk to a manager the customer service rep says there's no one else that I can talk to. To give you an idea of what I've been through here's a timeline of the issues that have plagued the truck: 6/13/15 - Passenger sunshade fell apart. 12/8/15 - A/C doesn't function correctly, 4WD Recall, Front window won't go up. 8/10/16 - Seat belt tensioner cable went out. 10/6/16 - A/C compressor hose went out. 10/16 - Recall on Air Bag SDM - Big Safety Issue. 10/31/16 - Catalytic Converter light came on, transmission locks up.

1/13/17 - Battery went out at just a little over 2 years. 2/7/17 - Airbag cable was loose, Front Parking sensors went out, trailer brake sensor went out. 6/17 - Airbag sensor came loose again. 11/17 - Another airbag sensor went out; A/C condenser went out. 12/17 - Air Bag control module went out. These are most of the issues; the transmission locks up all the time and the dealer says that it works as it is designed. So as you can see, I've spent a lot of time at the dealer. I didn't want to lemon my vehicle but at this point I have no other choice. It's unfortunate because it is a beautiful truck but at this point it's too costly to keep up with and GM has no interest in improving their brand. Our bailout money did not go to good use with this company.

Currently I'm in the process of looking for a good lemon law lawyer and hopefully they can seek some sort of justice for me. Consumerism should be at the forefront of a manufacturer's priorities instead of profits but unfortunately that's the world we live in. Perhaps there should be a class action lawsuit for the crap GM is selling. People should really look the other way with GM. Proceed at your own risk because apparently nothing has changed since I purchased my truck.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Purchased new 2017 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 1500 premium plus package V-8/V-4 engine. $ 55,000.00 cash. Maybe this is the reason they don't care.

From day one the transmission bangs/slams noise just rolling slow out of driveway or in parking lots. Truck only has 1300 miles on it and the dealer has been notified each time and was brought in twice and they say the same thing, "That's the way it is" and there is nothing they can do until GM Corporation says there is a recall. They need more people to complain soon before everyone's warranty runs out. My GMC Sierra only has 1300 miles on it now after coming home from the dealership service dept. Again today 12/28/2017. The vehicle was purchased October 4th, 2017 and today's date is Oct. 28, 2017. This dealership seems to be very nice but the GM Corp. Must tell them what to say.

Updated on 02/03/2018: It's me again, yes the the brand new GMC 1500 Sierra 1500 Crew Cab with only 1900 miles on it is still banging slams into gear just rolling out of our driveway and going down the road, not all the time but a very lot. Contacted the Danny-len GMC dealer where I purchased it, and they said again that was they way GMC made it and it's ok, something to do with the computer in the 8 speed automatic transmission. Now it is getting worse, Danny-len sales person told me that the head of service will call me Monday. They continue to say that GMC sent them a print out saying that's normal... any good attorney's wanting to go after GMC for this problem... where do I turn...

Calling GMC corporate Monday to see. My advise is to never buy another GMC vehicle and to look into GMC dealers before you purchase, they will all sound great till the sale has been made, and especially if you pay in cash. It's a shame the truck is beautiful and peanuts for miles on it. This has been happening since day 1. Help, help.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I leased a 2016 GMC Sierra and was told that they were nice trucks. We have 18,500 miles on it and it is a pile of junk. When it shifts from V4 to V8 it shutters and then clunks. It also chirps when it changes from V8 to V4. We have taken it into the dealership and they told us it needed a muffler clamp and then replaced that. So we continue to drive it because it is a leased vehicle but it keeps doing it and is very annoying. In reading all of the complaints everyone's response is the same as ours... They can't fix it because that is normal. How can clunking be normal? However I am stuck with this horrible truck for 2 more years and I am not sure that I will ever buy another GM product since they can't help me with this one.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

My new 2016 GMC Sierra with 8000 miles and the brakes failed while driving. I am alive to write this review. Without a brake light notice, my brakes completely stopped working. I was in a street lane, able to pull into a parking lot and roll to a stop. GMC towed and serviced. I was told it was a braking sensor, which was repaired and replaced with the same sensor. The service manager gave me no guarantees this would not happen again. How does one drive with any confidence? You don't! I could have been pulling my horse trailer and we would all be dead.

Original review: July 28, 2017

2017 GMC 3500HD Denali (new) 300 miles: Purchased this top of the line 65,000 dollar truck last Friday night 7/18/17 from a dealership about 2 hours away from my home in Branson Mo. Drove the truck home, shut it off and the next morning would not run. So it sat in the driveway until Monday morning which I had to have it towed to a local dealership and they looked it over and tell me they need to order this part which seems to be the turbo assembly. Was told they will ship it in overnight. Ok this will not be too bad. Well it's now Friday 5 days later and to this date they cannot tell me when this part will come in. NO timeline at all, they just do not know???

So now I'm stuck with a brand new truck that I have not even put 100 miles on it and was able to drive it one time, I had to work with my purchasing dealership to get a loaner truck or I was out of business myself, lucky Roper GMC has stood up and has gotten me a loaner truck that I can tow with or I would be out of business, see the repair dealership will give me a truck but I cannot tow with it. Not very helpful... called customer care at GMC. Should have not done that… after speaking with this gentleman about the issues with this truck, he tells me a Senior Rep will be in touch with me in 1 to 2 business days... then this happened, could not believe he just asked me this… “Sir so what can we do to resolve this issue for you...” My answer REALLY? Still as of today no information. My brand new truck as sits in a dealership parking lot and with me wondering what have I bought.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I had a 2015 Dodge Ram and loved it but local dealer wouldn't work with me so I went to Varney GMC in Bangor and next thing I know I'm leasing a 2017 GMC Sierra 4 Elevation more than I wanted to and longer than I would have liked. Anyway less than a month after lease I noticed the truck pulling to the left and having a little shake so I went to dealer and they put in the alignment machine and said nothing was wrong.

Also with just about 6000 miles I got a flat in the right front tire not covered. By the way plus when I went to get the spare the truck has 20 inch wheels and a 17 inch spare which with 4 wheel drive you can't run a smaller tire or it could ruin the truck (I live two miles in the woods on a dirt road) it cost me 80 plus dollars for a used spare then they told me it wouldn't hurt the truck to drive it with a smaller tire, a belief that to be untrue especially if you need 4 wheel drive like I often do. Anyway the ride stinks. Wish I could go back to my dodge. Not happy gmc leaser.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I bought a brand new 2017 GMC Sierra 2500hd 5 months ago. From the first month, I had a rattle and shaking feel at under 40mph. Then at 6,000 miles, the transfer case and rear differential went bad. I took it to the Simi Valley GMC dealer for repair. They drive it and said they can't replicate the issue and didn't fix anything. Then at 6,900 miles it got so bad and when I took it, they realized all the issues and started the process with GMC warranty.

After 2 weeks of not having my truck, they said GMC will rebuild all the issues versus replacing everything, which Jeff from their service department was shocked as well. Then they took 2 more weeks to fix the truck so my truck was in for 4 weeks. I can't believe 6,000 miles that I had this many issues on this truck and the warranty didn't replace all the issues. Keep in mind I paid $70,000 thinking this is the best truck over all the other competitors.

I am so disappointed as my first 2005 Chevy never had any issues and now GMC and Chevy reliability and their service has drastically changed. Save yourself the time, money, and headaches and buy another manufacturer that will truly care about their customers. I wish I would have done more in depth research before buying a GMC as I see so many unhappy clients just like me.

Original review: June 12, 2017

I can't believe the lack of support a customer can received from GMC. As a lot of you know or will soon find out that your A/C system is compromised and will soon fail. All trucks from 2016 to 2013 and Thierry solution for the problem is make a factory back order till they can figure out how to fix this growing problem. Meanwhile we are left to pay for our loans and sweat while the people that are standing in the way are collecting our cash and enjoying the air conditioned rides!!!

Original review: June 1, 2017

TO: Mary Barra (CEO) 2011 GMC Terrain RECALLS. Transmission Control Module (TMC, PCM) #16V502000, Electrical System Ignition #16V302000, Sharp Engine Rattle Noise #4716-PiP4716C, High Pressure Fuel Pump #43180 & #2043180, Sharp Noise Start Up #PiP4716B & #PiP4716C, Camshaft Position Actuator #11195- #11195A, Oil Consumption Recall #15285C, Exhaust Manifold Replace #15810 Ref #N151702790, Catalytic Convertor Replace #15810 Ref #N151702790, Special Coverage #14582 8Year, 120,000 Miles, Emissions Warrantee Ref #8-2745350776 (Just Some Recalls).

GM.OEMDTC.com 1-800-462-8782 Ask for Wendy **. Apparently, she does not know there are ANY recalls with this vehicle, as she told me in early April. How do we know the Transmission Control Module "Breakdown" Didn't cause a Catastrophic Transmission & Transfer Case Breakdown. We do not. Goldstein does not know either. It would have been nice to investigate that and call it what it was, a Manufacture Defect. Instead, we never received a recall letter about the TransM Control Module, Despite the 4 Times my wife told Goldstein of Transmission problems, (3 times documented.) But Heck, we're just consumers. Thank you for Caring.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I recently purchased a 2017 GMC Sierra in March. Within a week of the purchase the vehicle produced a vibration at all speeds above 40 mph. The truck was in the shop for over 20 days of the two months that I have owned it with three different dealerships confirming it has an issue. GM dispatched one of their field engineers and I was told my truck was "operating as designed". I told them it was a safety issue as it makes me physically ill while driving. The rep ignored this and basically the only thing I was told to do was go through the lemon law process.

Absolutely poor quality of a vehicle and customer service. Anyone looking to purchase a 2017 GMC Sierra or Chevrolet Silverado I suggest you look up Chevy shakes. You will see that GM trucks have had this problem since 2014 and they have done nothing to correct the issue. I would recommend people purchase anything but a GM truck unless they want to be nauseous anytime they drive over 40 mph.

Original review: May 22, 2017

I purchased my 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT, from Goldstein GMC. During my test drive I mentioned to the salesman that the truck feels like it hesitates and/or bogs down when you accelerate at slower speeds. I was told that this is how the vehicle is designed to shift, and that I would get used to it after a while. Well I haven't gotten used to it, nor do I appreciate the fact that I spent $50,000, on a truck that I am totally dissatisfied with. I returned the truck several times to the dealership, and complained about the same issue. And I have been told that this is normal for this vehicle. I will never buy another GMC product! And I will advise friends, and family members, and anyone else who will listen, that GMC products are unreliable and the company does not stand behind their product!!!

GMC Sierra Company Information