2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

4.0/5 (508 ratings)
Shop Now on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About GMC Sierra

The GMC Sierra is a full-size, heavy-duty pickup truck. Read more General Motors reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

GMC Sierra Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GMC Sierra?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GMC Sierra?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I traded in a 2015. That Sierra had wonderful front bucket seats and the back seats weren't too bad. But the 2020 truck has the hardest back seat and the bucket seats are medium hard. I sometimes drive 6 hours in a day and I'm so painful when I finished.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I was on the phone for over an hour checking the order status of my new truck. All I got for a hour was representatives assisting other customers. Your call is very important to us. Yes The worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. I’m canceling my order.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I own a 2014 GMC Sierra piece of garbage. 19 recalls +! on this vehicle. (Check out NHTSA. Probably more by now.) They stopped servicing my recalls at 70,000 miles. Great. Could be safety issues that they refused to address due to having so many recalls on one vehicle. Then my transmission fell apart at 150,000 miles. That was $5500. And now my rocker panels have rusted through and need to be replaced.... $4400... for a 7 year old vehicle!! My neighbor's 1974 Ford pickup has perfect rockers and it sits outside all year every year. I will never buy another GM product.. and my father worked at GM for 43 years. What pathetic engineering to have such a defective vehicle. I have had Jeeps that were 15 years old that never had one issue, other than replacing brakes and tires. My next truck will be a RAM. Yours should be too, or a Toyota, or a Ford, or anything other than a GMC....

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

Horrible experience with a very expensive truck. 3 failure for same crap... trying to get GMC to replace the truck. Never in my life have I owned a more problematic auto. Stay away from GMC! They are producing unreliable vehicles that takes months of downtime. I have stage 4 cancer and this is the last stress I need!!!

Original review: July 7, 2021

My 2021 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 had to have new lifters ordered at 5000 miles. I had a complete engine failure on a brand new vehicle purchased in February 2021. I’m now waiting on the dealership to get back with me on the status and estimated completion because they can’t give me a loaner and they have no idea when I’ll get the vehicle back.

Original review: April 27, 2021

Bought a new truck. Parked it in driveway. Truck engine caught fire and destroyed truck. GMC 2021 Sierra. Dangerous truck. It can explode in fire ball without notice. GM does not care. A few minutes earlier and I would not be here to write review. GM CEO does not care.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

I purchased a GMC Sierra. I purchased a GMC Sierra. 2013 SLE, one owner with 80,000 miles. I've had this truck for little over a year. Regularly scheduled oil changes and have even had a tune-up done. One day last week I was driving the truck and the engine begin to tick. I took the truck to my local mechanic where he said what everyone else has said, the motor is junk. I have a lifter ticking as well as a rod broken. The engine is toast and GM is telling me that I have to move a vehicle that is not drivable to a GM dealer, unbelievable. GM customer service immediately asks for the VIN number so that they can look and immediately remove all fault from GM and place the blame on the customer. They will immediately tell the customer that its an out of pocket expense.

Out of the first fifteen thousand reviews all fifteen thousand stated the same issue and concern with the GM motor and GM until this day 10/24/2020 has still done nothing to correct the engine problem. Even during this time of the pandemic era GM is still denying any blame or fault. I drive 68 miles daily to and from work. How am I supposed to make it to work now. GM hasn't even mentioned a loaner or any assistance with the cost of the repair. I still have 17,000+ and 3 years left to pay on this truck and what does GM say? They say sorry its an out of pocket expense.

I at one point loved and respected the GM company. At this point I will never think of buying another GM vehicle. And out of all the money that I have put in to my truck is now a complete loss. And do you know what GM says, they say it's an out of pocket expense. There is no loyalty or any customer concern when it comes to the GM company. And then they put these people over the phone that sit in a call center all day and rehearse and practice their response to questions asked by the customers, You would expect the foreign companies to be the ones that take advantage of the American customers, but it GM an American company taking advantage of the American people, Americans taking advantage of Americans isn't that what Americans do to each other.

And then the representative tells me to take it to a GM dealer so they can communicate with the dealer one on one. And then mentions a loaner car. But they are also telling me that it's an out of pocket repair, so who's going to pay for the loaner? I guess I will be the one paying for the loner also right. These representatives are hired and trained purely for what wages they can be paid and not questioned. Almost the same as working in a sweatshop. I can hire people to answer the phones for me at a rate of one dollar an hour, I've done the research. GM may seem as though they are a reputable company to do business with, but they are not. The main concern of GM is the timely production and sale of their products. Once the vehicle leaves the dealer it's an automatic out of pocket expense for the customer.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I recently passed 50,000 miles on my pickup. It is just out of warranty. The air conditioner condenser went out and when they were fixing that they showed me the radiator that is leaking and has to be replaced. I have religiously maintained this truck at the dealer, most of the miles are freeway miles and I have towed things about 6 times in the life of the truck (mostly just a two horse trailer with one horse in it). I have owned many trucks over the years and have never had problems at 50,000 miles before. I was told by the dealer that these things can fail at any time. If that's true I sure am not going to buy another.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

My 2019 Sierra has been at the dealer for 9 weeks. They disassemble the front differential and does not have parts. As of this date GM cannot tell when the parts will be available. Life long gm owner, but stay away. You have been warned.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I bought a 2019 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 on October 31 and only drove it until December 11 and then got a check engine light and I took it back to the dealer and they said that it was a battery problem so we change the battery and then not even 30 minutes later we took it back because there was no brakes and all the lights came on on the dash. Until this day the truck is still in the dealer and I’m making payments while it's still the dealer. I was headed to Wisconsin when this incident happened and I had to turn around and cancel my vacation because of this. I don’t think this is right because it is a 2019 vehicle and I only got 1500 miles on it. I don’t think a 2019 vehicle should be doing this.

GMC Sierra Company Information