3.61/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

GMC Sierra

The GMC Sierra is a full-size, heavy-duty pickup truck. Read more General Motors reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

GMC Sierra Reviews

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Brand new 70,000 dollar Gmc Sierra Denali 3700 miles. Loud lifter noise. Never made it to the first oil change. Now they have to tear down the whole engine. Been a GM man my whole life. Saved and worked to get this truck and this is how it is. Maybe it’s time to change.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

We are retired and have had superb service from our 2014 GMC Sierra extended cab 4x4 that was purchased new. Recently completed a 5000 mi road trip through Canada over some rough roads. The truck is quiet and comfortable and has had no mechanical issues. Very satisfied with our purchase.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 4, 2019

2003 GMC Sierra - Bad Brakes. Been in two rear collisions because the brakes are weak, had every brake component replaced including lines and hoses and brakes still feel the same. I've read from many others that this is an issue they tried to blame on salty roads rusting the lines but I can assure you even with brand new lines they are no different. Truck sits in the driveway and I'll be buying a Dodge Ram when it comes to my next truck because this one I'm scared to drive and I have thousands of dollars invested in keeping it maintained and replacing poorly designed parts that were redesigned after everyone had issues at our expense.

Original review: May 23, 2019

At 9600 miles my 6.2 motor blew up and almost ended my life while traveling at highway speed on cruise control, in heavy traffic, on the NYS Thruway. Luckily it didn't lock up or I might not have survived. 18 days later a new 6.2 engine direct from the factory was installed. The very day I picked it up, the second stop I made it wouldn't start. 34 consecutive days later without my truck, I finally get it back after starter was replaced, fuel lines, fuel pump, and cam actuator. 3 days later, truck stalls out again at highway speeds and won't start!! GM does nothing but refer me to my dealer who have been great. I had a start issue with my 2017 Chevy Silverado at 30k (4 different times), never resolved. Why I'm here. Why am I here??!! New 2019 loaner truck with 2k on it and the service 4WD light is on!!! Been GM for over 30 years and I don't have a choice but to move on from all this. BUYER BEWARE!!! Oh, PS, truck is still in shop. GM won't even talk to me anymore.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I bought a 2008 Sierra new in 2008. It now has 163000 mi on it. A ticking noise developed on acceleration. I took it to the dealer and was told it had a bad cam. $5300 to repair or $7750 for a new engine. They charged me $139 for this bogus info. I knew it did not have a bad cam. I took it to an independent service dealer. He told me it had a faulty active fuel management.. (runs between 4 and 8 cylinders). Told me to disable it. He did not charge me for this info. I disabled it and it runs better than new. Talked to GM customer service, they didn't do anything except lip service. I just wanted my $139 back for telling me erroneous diagnose. In the last 52 years I have bought 22 GM vehicles. Never again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GMC Sierra?

Original review: April 30, 2019

I bought my 2014 GMC Sierra on 2017 with 20k miles on it. Within a month I noticed that the paint was peeling in the bed of the truck. I bought it to the dealership and because it was still under warranty they repainted it for me. About six month later I notice the paint was bubbling off the doors. Took it back to the dealership and neither the dealership or GMC would assume any responsibility financially. (Warranty was expired). I had to spend over $1,000 to get my doors repainted. Within several month of me getting the doors done the paint is bubbling off of the roof and around my windows. I know there are many people who are having this same problem with this particular year GMC and Chevy.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Have had new GM trucks since 2010. A new one every year, brand new truck drove off lot and Have had the 8 sp shutter in trans ever since, driver's seat has a bad spring which makes terrible noise. Finally got fed up now. Has 5000 miles. GM will not warranty and repair seat, reprogrammed trans and made the problem worse. GM is losing a customer. I'm going to go to a Ford. It's sad when you buy a truck that cost almost 60k and this is the quality of product you get.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I was nearly killed on the job as an Inspector on a Highway project when I tried to pull out of my lane closure and the drive train and/or brakes locked up on me after accelerating above 5 mph. The dealer is unable to find and fix the issue. Don't drive any of the 2019 GMC pickups for extended periods and/or leave in idle. Unfortunately for me for my job I need to do just that. I am now terrified to drive my truck and it is only a matter of time before I am involved in a serious accident.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I bought a 54K GMC Sierra Denali 1500 thinking that it would last for a while without any issues. Boy I was wrong. I had an engine light on and took it the dealer to repair. They told me that it was the fuel injectors and it wasn’t on my 100000 powertrain or the emission warranty. It is going to cost me $1,600 to repair. I only have 62K miles on it and I take it in religiously for routine maintenance. What’s next? The engine? I should have did more research on GMC products.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Bought 2017 GMC Sierra Denali and had nothing but problems with transmission. They changed transmission fluid, it didn’t help. I have taken it to the dealer 4 times. They said it is a software problem but nothing has help. My truck still under warranty and I am very seriously of getting me an Attorney under the Lemon Law.

GMC Sierra Company Information