2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.59/5

The GMC Sierra is a full-size, heavy-duty pickup truck. Read more General Motors reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

GMC Sierra Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GMC Sierra?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GMC Sierra?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I like my GMC Sierra pickup truck. There have been a number of recalls on it but the dealership takes care of them. Even with it being 5 years old with almost 100k miles it still looks and drives great, and is very comfortable for long trips. Other than the recalls and a defective condenser on the air conditioning system I haven't had any repair issues yet.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I have had 2 Sierras and would not take anything for them. If it was not for the first one my wife and I probably would not be here. We were in an accident because of a guy running from the police and ran a red light, hit another truck that hit us head on. The accident killed the driver that he hit. My truck was a 2013 and was totaled. I also like the way that the truck handles and rides.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

The 2015 GMC Sierra SLT is an extremely comfortable, stylish pickup. It’s sturdy and well made. The doors have extra seals that keep out sound. The standard rims are catchy. The options are much more than expected from a pickup. From heated steering wheel to air conditioned seats, 10 cup holders and lots of room for our big guys to stretch out. Far reclining seats and Bose stereo are impressive. Small touches like pea size light enough to read by without having to turn lights on. Exterior lights and inside lighting are well thought out and attractive. Very pleased. Very blessed to have it.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

This is a great truck. Have over 126,000 miles and everything works just like the day I bought it 12+ years ago. Decent mileage for a 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive that spends a lot of time on back roads. Change oil every 7500 miles with Rotella T4 15W 40.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

We are retired and have had superb service from our 2014 GMC Sierra extended cab 4x4 that was purchased new. Recently completed a 5000 mi road trip through Canada over some rough roads. The truck is quiet and comfortable and has had no mechanical issues. Very satisfied with our purchase.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I bought a 2019 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 on October 31 and only drove it until December 11 and then got a check engine light and I took it back to the dealer and they said that it was a battery problem so we change the battery and then not even 30 minutes later we took it back because there was no brakes and all the lights came on on the dash. Until this day the truck is still in the dealer and I’m making payments while it's still the dealer. I was headed to Wisconsin when this incident happened and I had to turn around and cancel my vacation because of this. I don’t think this is right because it is a 2019 vehicle and I only got 1500 miles on it. I don’t think a 2019 vehicle should be doing this.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I bought a 2019 fully loaded Sierra Denali 1500 for $72,000. I have had it since May 2019. My dealer is amazing and have tried to resolve my issues. I have a number of issues happening.

1. Brakes squeak after starting forward and back. This started happening around 2000k miles. Every time I back out of my driveway it sounds like I am scratching metal together. My neighbors are like you paid what for that NEW truck???

2. Rear camera, trailer cam goes blue screen where you can still see the objects in the view but it’s tinted blue. This week it turned black in the trailer camera view area.

3. Entertainment screen goes completely blue with yellow notice to “service rear camera system”. Can not see any of the cameras in reverse when this happens.

4. Radio stations just don’t turn on sometimes and I have to change radio stations and then go back to the one I had on when I started the car for it to work.

5. MOST DISTURBING - when the truck was in PARK and in about a 20 degree upward angle it started rolling backwards. The wheels turned about 1/4 and I ran around and hit the brakes. This is very concerning because what if a kid or animal was behind the truck and if started rolling. This is a MAJOR issue. Lucky for me it happened when I was with the dealer so they saw it and said they have never seen that one before.

Overall the look of this truck is the best on the road but the consistent issues make this truck sub par. GM keeps trying trying to blame the dealer and the dealer has supplied them with all of my documents. I have taken pictures, videos and multiple service visits. GM told me to go buy new brake pads. I am getting my legal team involved as GM takes no responsibility for these issues and keeps saying, just go to your local certified dealer. I will update as I get more info.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Before you buy any GM car or truck, Google "Chevy shake." After about 16 months of owning a brand new GMC Sierra, there was a shake/shutter/vibration throughout the cabin. This is happening on several models, not just mine. GM is not acknowledging the problem, or just covering it up by saying it falls into their standard or specifications. GARBAGE! Do not buy ANYTHING from them without doing your research. I will be posting their emails that they responded with stating that this is their "standard" for $40,000+vehicles.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I chose the 2017 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax over the Ram truck even though it was much more. I made a poor choice, this truck is the worst $70K I've even spent! Transmission issues, electrical issues and the manufacture could care less. Filed a lemon lawsuit and they tried to tie it up in court, I settled for much less. I cannot even sell the truck at its value. I will never buy GMC again!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

57,000 dollars truck. (gfx model) The rims had to be replaced within less than 2 years due to rust. Numerous recalls. There was a brake system recall which I was disappointed cause my brakes fail once before been aware of recall. For a pricey truck I believe shouldn't have all those recalls.

GMC Sierra Company Information