3.65/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

GMC Yukon Denali

The GMC Yukon Denali is a full-size SUV. Read more General Motors reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

94 GMC Yukon Denali Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I purchased a used 2015 Denali in July 2018 with 70K miles. This was my dream vehicle and took months to find one with the exact interior/exterior color I was looking for, so when the dealer called and told me he found "The One" I couldn't have been more excited!! Then I drove it off the lot. 3 days after I purchased the vehicle the shocks on the right side were broke and had to be replaced. 2 months later, the radiator was leaking fluid causing the vehicle to run hot so the radiator replaced. A few months later, fuel injectors replaced due to major jerks in the vehicle when accelerating (diagnostics called it misfires). Next, left side brake light went out, $800 to replace. A few weeks later, in the shop AGAIN due to the car shaking when accelerating at 20-50 mph and feeling like I was driving over rumble strips constantly. Transmission flushed and told it was fixed.

9/10/2019 (97k miles) - Back in the shop because the flush didn't work and transmission is still shaking and getting worse. It's the most uncomfortable ride, it feels like my seat is on vibration mode. It shakes so bad. Oh, and now the RIGHT side brake light is not working so I'll guess we'll go ahead and knock that out while we're there. :) Prior to purchasing the GMC Denali I owned 2 Toyota 4Runners (2009 & 2014) and a Toyota Camry (2013) and NEVER had to take them to the shop for anything other than routine maintenance. I've only had this vehicle a year and it's been in the shop at least 7 times. I will NEVER purchase another GMC. It's been one thing after another and I have to pay $750/month to drive the piece of crap! Plus repair costs!

Original review: July 9, 2019

This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. Within 6 months of owning our 2016 GMC Denali, malfunctions began. Now at less than 3 years old and 60k miles, the following has occurred: Transmission failure twice, overall electrical malfunction including display illumination failure, audio/entertainment system glitches (radio volume getting stuck randomly on highest volume setting), tail light malfunction, and now the motor to the sunroof has died. The transmission is defective (second time) and the A/C had to be repaired at year 1, then completely died last year. These are all problems that we are having to pay for repairs on because GM says we should have purchased the extended warranty for. We did not expect to need an "extended warranty" for failures like this on a vehicle 3 years old and purchased at $70k+. I do not recommend this vehicle!!

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Realizing GMC Yukon Denalis are a rich man's vehicle but not wanting to let go of the dream, we purchased a gently used 2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali. This was not a spontaneous purchase but a seriously researched decision after 2 years. My husband was totally against it after reading reviews but relented finally. We purchased with 59500 miles and no extended warranty. Stupid? Yes. But we have money in savings. Turns out we’ve needed that money. 2 months after purchased GPS goes out. Antenna shorted out due to water leakage. A known GMC problem with plenty of technical service bulletins but no GM recall. Has to pay $463 out of pocket for repair.

Prior owner garage kept vehicle. 4 months into purchase it’s in shop due to transmission shudder that rattles entire vehicle, especially at speed of 30mph and 65mph. RPM gauge jumps with shudder. Vehicle now has 62500 miles and is not covered because coverage ended at 60000 miles. Another known GM problem with a technical service bulletin but again no recall. I have to pay between $350-500 for draining of original transmission fluid and it’s replacement with a different kind that doesn’t attract water, which is the cause of shudder. They cannot assure me it will fix it but has in other cases 95% of time. The other unlucky 5% had to have a new transmission! Still, no financial assistance from GM for known problem.

Dealerships service foreman said GMC fix was to quit putting in 8 speeds and now producing with 10 speeds. I’m so disappointed. I convinced my husband to make this purchase on good faith. We work hard for the money we make and try to make good purchases. Now we may have to trade this vehicle taking a loss because a multibillion dollar company has forgotten what doing the right thing means.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I paid 75k for a brand new vehicle, off the showroom floor. I thought This would be the last vehicle I ever Buy. Since I purchased This vehicle I have Taken it in multiple times due to the ticking noises when accelerating, even took a video of it. I have The right side volume controls stop working off and on and not registering any devices such as phone, music etc. My back seats shake, you can hear them and see them vibrating through rear view mirror. When driving 65 or higher in speed, it feels so rough in the front as though every road is very bumpy or rough. Of course you take it in and they find nothing wrong with vehicle and make you feel as though you are going crazy!

I’m only wanting to be able to enjoy this vehicle especially knowing how much I paid For it. These problems were not there when I first Purchased it and now I have Driven 15k miles and things are happening. This vehicle is a dream when running properly with no issues. Smooth and quiet and really the luxury experience. I drove a Infiniti and Jaguar prior and this has really been a new experience with luxury. If anyone else has experienced any of this or has solutions please share.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I’ve had plenty of issues with my 2015 Yukon Denali. The list goes on and on. If it’s not one thing it’s another! Allow me to indulge a little. Both pillars on each door are broken and look like they are going to fly off any moment. The valve springs keep breaking, shocks are junk, the DVD player in the back has already broke and now there is something else wrong with it. We have yet to hear back from the mechanic but was told it could possibly be a 3,000$ issue! Long story short I’m trading it in and never buying one again! Fun fact I’ve got a Acura MDX with 280k and two 4 runners well over 200k and none of which have had this amount of issues EVER!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GMC Yukon Denali?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I purchased a 2015 Yukon Denali in late 2015. Over the course of two years, I experienced my rear seats shaking, the booming noise inside the cabin, clicking in my steering column, feeling like I was hit from behind when I applied the brakes, glitches in the infotainment system and a noise under the front left of the SUV that couldn’t be identified. I loved the SUV, but hated the problems. The car had less than 20k miles when the dealer convinced me to trade my ‘15 in for an ‘18 in a great deal. That was December 2017. He swore I would love the 2018. It’s been a year now and I love everything about my ‘18 Denali. It drives like a dream. This is the SUV I thought I was buying three years ago.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Bought the GMC and had it less than a year when the MagneRide went out up front. Plastic fell off every door on outside. The rear defogger wire came off and the sunroof has issues closing. STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

The shocks/struts randomly started to go out on $80K 2015 Yukon Denali (56K miles) & my local authorized dealership said the issue was not covered at any cost/percent. Upon a searching the internet, it appears to be a widespread issue with several GM/GMC makes/models and class action lawsuits are popping up or are currently being filed. This is extremely dangerous and I am shocked that this is not covered.

I am outside my warranty now and the GMC agent did not agree with the claim that it's an known or common issue. Even our repairman said that the wheels were too heavy for the shocks which has now been fixed on newer models. My claim was denied by GM and I'm out of pocket almost $3.5k for repairs on my $80k, relative new vehicle. We are super disappointed & questioning our dedication to the GM/GMC brand - the only vehicle make we have driven in the last 15 -10 years - hoping someone can help explain this situation and provide a better resolution to make us all happy.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

This 2018 Denali has annoying throttle lag and on two occasions when braking the engine has maintained its rpms forcing me to brake hard and shift into neutral. It is the second GMC product I have ever owned and came with a leaking front windshield and a rattling second row bucket seat. Doesn’t appear GMC has any quality control. BTW the first one I owned over 20 years ago came with a rear hatch door leaking gasket, I ended up with a soaking wet interior. Will be my last GMC purchase!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Approximately a year ago, I had to replace the condenser in my vehicle. Just recently while I was driving the vehicle stalled out in traffic. It was towed to GMC, and the service tech said my valve spring was broken, and the lift was not functioning properly. They further stated they had to fix the head in the engine. I am afraid that if GM doesn't fix the root cause, I'll be in the same predicament later. I'll be trading my car in soon.

GMC Yukon Denali Company Information