GMC Yukon Denali

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

To start with why can't I give 0 stars! In 2014 I bought a 53000 dollar truck from Carl Black in Roswell GA. After a few weeks I started noticing some strange electronic glitches in shifting, 4 wheel drive, transfer case, and steering loosening communication with ecm. This would be displayed by the truck on the diagnostic screen just for a second. You can only see it if you happen to look down right when the truck loses control of the steering. The first time I towed the truck in for this GM dealer reset the truck and all started working again except engine light was on. The guy said they were closing, had no rental trucks and to come back. So I did and they said the truck had no codes and basically said I was lying.

After a few days while pulling out in traffic the truck acted like I was pulling a huge Taylor barely going from a stop but then as you go faster would get better. Found out it was getting stuck it 5 gear so after 8 rental cars, 5 towings this stuff happening all the time. Very long story over 30 days in the shop I finally called the consumer protection agency. Now called something else. Turns out the lady who arbitrated the case did not know a thing about vehicles and was convened by their slick lawyers and auto experts they sent from New York to smash me, that trucks did not have to have power steering since some don't come with it. Every one knows if it comes with power steering it won't steer without it!!! She was in on the scam! You have to see to believe what she actually wrote on the judgment mailed to me. She said, "loss of steering does not constitute a breach of warranty and does not lower the value, safety or use of the vehicle".

WOW how could anyone say, write or read that with a straight face. So now contacted a lemon lawyer. He said he worked for GM for 30 years. Now works for the consumer. Sounded great but if you think like I do now not so great if he worked for them 30 years. Then they are all friends and that is now what I know to be the case. This lawyer dragged this out another 2 years while the truck sits in my driveway. 700 dollars a month and my wife and kids and all my neighbors and friends talk about this all the time. When is GM going to fix the piece of crap. Will this lawyer turns out when I freak out and want this scheduled for court. He tries to talk me into settling for 10000 pay off and keeps trying to get me to just sell it. He was all on my side until I found out he is just stalling just like GM. They all make money working on this. Why would they want to pay me back my 53000 when that is their job. They only make money if they are working on cases and they drag them out till you give up.

My lemon lawyer online must benefit from talking me into taking a small payoff and keeping the truck. He tells me they won't ever pay me and if I go to court I will lose and have to pay their attorneys fees around 60,000. Today he said to take 5000 and sell the truck to Carmax. I said the person who buys it could die or hit him head on and he laughed and said who cares. That I would not know them. That it did not matter and I should not care what happens because I would not be liable!!

This is the biggest crap. I can't find anyone to help. I tried calling Fox 5 and Clark Howard. No return calls. I just don't see how this can happen. We have lemon laws and rights. How can a company sell you a huge product that is dangerous for you and everyone around you and not have to at least give your money back. They have tried and tried to fix it. There is so much more that happened. The more I write the more I remember this to the cliff notes and I'm not fixing my spelling. They will probably try to sue me for telling anyone about this.

2016 GMC Yukon XL. Awful vehicle. Terribly unrefined driving dynamics. Loud buffeting sounds from inside the cabin. Poor poor quality. A transmission that is simply infuriating with inexplicable shifting that DESTROYS the drivability of the truck. Such a step backward from previous GMC vehicles. The wheels, tires, drivetrain, electronics all were either replaced or serviced repeatedly to address vibrations, noise, or failure. Dealer service is equally disappointing with little to no acknowledgment of the issues and complete unwillingness to address the problems in a meaningful way offering only band aid solutions. I'd always planned on buying GM including a Corvette once the kids are all off to school but this has soured me on GM and their dealers entirely. Never never never will I purchase a GM vehicle again.

I have experienced transmission "clunks" for years on my 2007 Yukon XL. I had it checked regularly & flushed once a year to baby along. At 118,000 miles the radiator went out exchanging fluids between the transmission & radiator. Our friend & mechanic advised not something he sees often in GMC's as it's more a problem with Toyota's. All the same, this long term problem with the transmission was a factor that played in to both systems failing. Keep a close eye on the radiator if you are experiencing transmission glitches. The transmission clunks will also over time wear out the motor mounts. I had to replace the motor mounts within the last year costing over $1k in repairs as many systems have to be undone to get to the mounts. This is my second GMC Yukon XL Denali. They look great and have nice, comfortable interiors but buyers beware. I had every intention of buying another but I am now shopping for an alternative.

Yes it's $80k car. So far the side trim of door pillars have just about flown off. DVD player rattles like a **. Rear power lift gate drops on your head after opening. Had that fixed 3x now. I love this car but jeez talk about 1st model year woes!

Typically don't get involved with reading or writing reviews, but feel the need to based on the current experience I'm having with my $70,000 2016 Yukon Denali. I've had issues with vibrations and shuddering from day one. I've been back to the dealership three times and it's been a waste of time. The problem occurs when the vehicle shifts between 4 and 8 cylinders. Last time at the dealership I insisted on driving another Denali on the lot and it had the same issue. The salesman and the service manager acknowledged the issue but I was told it was a "design flaw." I'm not sure how I didn't notice the issue during my test drive, but now I am stuck with it. Wish there was a way I could get back the 2010 Yukon that I traded in. Although the vehicle looks nice, it isn't nearly worth dealing with the driving performance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about General Motors?

Issue #1: Trim falling off vehicle - when replaced, I noticed that they use double sided sticky tape and plastic clips. I was told that the dealership has to use whatever GM sends them to fix the issue. This has been a continuous problem. We have replaced all of the trim on the vehicle and it is falling off again. I called GM and I was told that there wasn't a recall on this. However, our local dealership told me that it's a huge issue with the make and model that I own. Further, I was contacted by our dealership and they told me that now our vehicle is not under warranty so we will need to pay approximately $83.00 for each piece of trim to be fixed from here on out. I'll be purchasing some Gorilla Glue.

Issue #2: Vehicle will not engage into gear at start up. As you push on the gas the vehicle does not move and then lurches into motion. I almost ran over a family friend as I was pulling out of our garage... I brought the vehicle to our local dealership several times for this issue. The vehicle replicated the issue while they drove it. They told me that they can't figure it out. They don't know what is wrong with it because it's not giving them a code and there is not any bulletins from GMC on this.

Issue #3: Vehicle lurches forward while driving around 70 miles per hour. This has happened so many times while we are driving the vehicle that it's a habit to brace for it if we are driving on ice or snow. This has been discussed with the dealership. I have told them that this vehicle is going to kill us or someone else if they don't fix the problem. They say that they don't know what is wrong with it. No codes and no bulletins.

Issue #4: The vehicle has had around 4 recalls and I was just notified that there is another one for the airbag. Advice: Do not purchase this year, make, and model. A $75,000.00 vehicle should NEVER be this much of a hassle or concern. I would also like to add that we have several friends that drive the same exact vehicle as ours and the problems with this SUV are not a secret.

The car turns off, twice as I was slowing at a stop sign on my street. I know this is hard to recreate but nevertheless, it shouldn’t happen and the dealer don't know why. The low rev sputtering is getting worse, especially in slow speed traffic. On one occasion while pulling out to overtake, it took about 2-3 seconds to finally get power. This is embarrassing taking people out for lunch… in a $70K car. People cannot believe the technician & GM said nothing was wrong. At most speeds but certainly above 50 MPH, there is a 1-2 seconds of shudder/vibration that rolls through the cabin. This is getting worse, sometimes as often as every 15-30 seconds while driving. Feels like a loose wheel or something in the drive train. Slamming into gear is very annoying. Garage door opener only works when you are 5 feet from it facing towards it. Sometime I need to pull the car slightly into the garage to start it then reverse quickly out before the door hits me!!

My husband and I purchased a 2016 Yukon XL DENALI at the end of December. We experienced a few minor electrical Problems like the center console would go black but everything else was still working. Our truck reached 14065 miles and the whole center console went out again but this time nothing worked... no radio, XM, backup assistance, navigation, Bluetooth, and etc. I took it to the dealership Monday and they said I should have the truck back in a few days. I'm writing this review Saturday and still will not receive my truck until next week. The amplifier went completely out and it took them a while to get it ordered and to receive it. Now something behind the dashboard has to be replaced and I locked the glove department and I had to bring them the key. This review is similar to the other 2016. I did get a rental 2016 Yukon XL Denali.

There should be a class action suit filed against GMC for selling the faulty and fraudulent automobile called the 2015 GMC Yukon XL Denali. From day 1 there have been issues: Car would shift into four wheel drive automatically, bumpy ride, car movement after placed from drive to park, engine acceleration between gear shifting. Engine rebuilt after breakdown on highway, fuel pump ticking after truck runs. Metal exhaust flap squeaks on 4 to 8 valve shifting and now all shocks and struts need to be replaced as the ride has gotten worst.

The issue is that GMC is using a different product than originally installed. Apparently the original shocks and struts are faulty, however GMC wants me to pay for the replacement since I am over the 35,000 mile limit - even though GMC was well aware of the ride issue documented by two GMC engineers that rode in the car and confirmed issues with the ride - stating that GMC was working on a computer fix which should be completed within the year.

I have been on the phone with GMC for the past month and have just gotten the runaround, 866.790.5700. My main contact has been Sharena, senior advisor, who has been unresponsive. I finally spoke to her after numerous emails and phone calls. She refused to give me her supervisor's name and transferred me to another senior advisor's voice mail. Her response has been that the dealer is independent and GMC could not do anything for me and I would just have to accept the car the way it runs if I did not want to fix it.

Prior to the purchase of this car, I had the 2007 Denali XL and 2001 Chevy 2500 Suburban. Loved both of them. Had them new and drove 200,000 miles in each.

There are major issues with this vehicle and it looks like GMC will not stand behind their product. I will have to trade this car in before other major issues arise. I dread the reduced value when all the repairs are listed on a Carfax report.

1400 miles and the center console infotainment system goes blank. Take it in to the dealership, it's a week later! An entire week later, 9 days after I dropped it off. They call and tell me they don't know when they'll get it fixed because the part to fix it has been indefinitely backordered. They have other vehicles just like it on the lot that are working, for now. You would think that GMC with already have this issue well and your hand for their Flagship SUV. Extremely disappointed.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I found out what happened there was nothing wrong with the vehicle sadly it was my floor mat that got stuck to the pedal.

Jay of Sparrowbush, NY on

Original Review

I recently just purchased a 2012 Yukon Denali and was very pleased with it until something horrifying happened while driving with my 2 young children. Just 2 days ago I was driving and out of nowhere the car started driving on its own and not in cruise control either, I was driving at 30 mph. It sped up speeding up to 50 or 60 mph on its own. I tried pressing the brakes and the truck would stop but as I released the brakes it kept speeding like it wanted to race. I almost hit several cars - luckily I didn't. Thank god I was finally able to get the car to stop. I pulled over, put it in neutral shut the car off then put it in park. I gave it a few minutes then restarted it back up and it drove normal but now it makes me nervous to drive it. Gonna take it back to the dealer and see why it did that.

My truck was purchased new and has approx. 32,000 miles on it. It is kept in a heated/air conditioned garage and maintenance is kept up to date. I had 2 door locks replaced under warranty and now the front passenger lock is broken. I can't reach it and I took it to the dealer who wanted $450.00 to replace it. I also have pictures of a burn on my back that happened one day when the heated seat would not shut off and I could not get to a safe place to get out of the car. GM wants me to pay half of the cost of the heated seat. It doesn't seem to matter to them that it took over 4 months for the burn to heal because it was on my back. Now I am reading about your transmission problems and I was at the grocery store one day and I put my truck into reverse. Having the backup camera has created the habit that even though I use my mirrors and check blind spots, I wait for that camera to click on. I let my foot off of the brake a bit and the truck went forward.

Fortunately there was a pole in front of the truck because there was a lady with her little girl right between my truck and the building. Even though I barely tapped the pole, it put a nice dent in the cheap plastic bumper. Once I finally got the truck to go in reverse, I left the parking lot and turned on my left turn indicator and the windshield wipers came on. I realize that this could happen since all of those controls are on the same arm but I checked it and I could not turn the wipers off or signal. I drove a 1997 Suburban for 10 years and the dealership replaced at least 7 automatic door lock mechanisms under warranty. There were always electrical issue but I would have thought GM might have found a new supplier for the door locks and figured out the electrical problems. Be on the safe side and NEVER shut your doors with the keys inside.

You can set up an account with GM online and then they have to at least answer your questions however, they seem to want to make it a career choice for you to try to take care of these issues. Does anyone know if you can replace or at least cover these cheap plastic bumpers with the old style? They say it gives better mileage due to less wind resistance; Yes we are supposed to fall for that one; but I get the same mileage as I got with my 1997 Suburban that had real bumpers and was heavier because it had 4 wheel drive.

I am having a bad experience with my new 2015 Yukon as I only had it for a couple of months and I am having so many issues. The brakes have gone out now, sound very terrible. Never have I had a issue with any other new cars purchased in the past. Also the battery goes low for some reason. Have taken pictures and emailed the dealers and say it's normal or when they had it no issue found. When driving the car all of a sudden brakes hard like someone hit you from behind but no one is there. I think it's something with the transmission. My truck only has 19,000 miles. The dealer is so unhelpful. Once again never had an issue with any other dealers as I have purchased 2 Cadillacs from Crestview in Covina - great service. I am having second thoughts on this purchase. I feel like this car is a lemon. =(

I bought my 2015 Yukon Denali brand new, custom ordered everything I wanted & nothing I didn't. I have had to take my car in several times for recalls. It's actually at the dealership now & has been for 3 weeks. I was just told that the transmission needs to be replaced. I am at 18k miles!! I have complained about my car jerking forward & a sort of grinding sound when changing gears to reverse. I almost hit a mother and child at my son's school due to this. I could have killed someone!! This is even after the first set of transmissions when the 2015's came out got switched to 8 speed! Cannot believe I paid nearly 70k for this & the lack of concern when you take it to a dealership - ESPECIALLY when you say you almost HIT someone with your car when changing gears - is RIDICULOUS.

I had 2015 High Country and I only had 2500 miles and my truck start making clunking noise. I went to Chevrolet dealer, they did not even check it, just ask me couple question and told me it is normal. I took that and trade in for brand new 2015 GMC Denali. After I had only 400 miles it start doing the same thing like High Country clunking noise from the rear end and I thought maybe these truck drive like this but after 1700 hundred miles I noticed clunking noise from the rear end coming every time I stop on the red light.

One morning I drop my son to the school. On the way at the red light I put the breaks, it feel like somebody hit me on the back but it wasn't that. It was same noise from the rear noise. It got real worse. I went to the dealer such is located in Lumberton Buick Chev. The girl I talk to, her attitude was so bad she did not even want to take me in. I told her there is real bad problem with my rear end, it's making real bad noise. She tell "It takes couple hour". She ask me how many miles. I said "only 2300". After 40 minute she called me and said my truck is ready. I ask her what was wrong with my truck. "Everything is normal" she said "with 6.2 motor 8 gear transmission you better get use to it because GMC couldn't figure this problem so far. Once they figure it out bring it back and they fix it free."

Now I never heard in my lifetime and I bought over 25 brand new cars and truck, how the GMC selling their product to consumer knowing there is major issue with them and I end with this truck knowing there is major issue with rear end and I don't even feel comfortable to drive the truck. I love the body style. I believe the GMC could put little more heart into these truck and get it right instead of saving these Nickle and dime hiring these guys from Filipino and paying these guys 10 cent an hours and GMC out be ashamed of themselves they selling the product and its 100% Lemon and GMC sell Denali suppose to be their top truck. I can imagine their cheap car that for sure. I would never buy another GMC or Chev and I wouldn't even recommend to enemy.

I have read several reviews about those of you with issues. We are having the exact same issues with ours. They replaced the transmission and we are looking to have vehicle replacement and the dealership is playing games. I see all these complaints and think there is strength in numbers. Reach out to me at **. My vehicle is not a year old.

2015 GMC Yukon Denali. Car looks great both inside and out. My major issue is the transmission. It jerks between the speeds of 25-35. It's extremely uncomfortable for the driver and somewhat for the passengers. If the car is parked downhill and you put it in reverse the car will roll a number of feet forward as if it's in neutral before reverse engages. There have been times when I nearly hit the car in front of me. The transmission makes the car so uncomfortable that I wish I had never bought it. Don't make the same mistake I did. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS CAR. It's too bad because it looks great and the size is perfect for my family. I'm now trying to figure out what to buy next - not a GMC. That's for sure. A expensive lesson.

I have a 2015 Yukon Denali 3000 miles on it and also having problems with the shifting at take off. It like bogs down and jerks trying to get into gears. Don't try pulling out fast in front of anyone because it has no pick up from the constant gear shifting. At $75000 I hate it. I had a 2001 Yukon for 14 years with no problems and I wish I would of just kept it. We have a trailer and wanted a new car just in case my old was getting too old for pulling but this new Yukon is horrible at pulling a camper also. WE almost crashed from the swaying. Had to stay at 45 mph the whole trip because of such bad swaying. NOT impressed with such an expensive truck.

We purchased a 2015 GMC Yukon XL Denali from a Kellogg, ID dealership in February 2015. Since we first received it, the truck has idled very rough. I called the local dealership in Folsom, CA and they said it was due to the large size engine and that was normal. A couple of months passed (still continued to idle rough enough to visibly see your hand shake) and the truck started to stall in parking lots. We were actually on vacation and the local dealership in Coeur d'Alene, ID had it stall on them as well. They had the truck in the shop for three days and couldn't figure out the issue. GMC was going to send a factory technician out, but we had to leave. We actually changed our vacation schedule due to our concern the truck would stall out in the middle of nowhere.

Fast forward to now: The truck has been in our local dealership five times since July 2015, multiple visits by the GMC factory technician - recommended to replace all the pistons (that didn't work), we were told that this issue is happening to eight vehicles like ours across the country, we've never had an engine light come on, vehicle continues to idle rough, vehicle jumps/hesitates from a stop when putting on the gas and I'm concerned for the safety of my family. The local dealership has been great - this is a GMC design and safety issue.

I went through the resolution process that GMC has put in place (created a case number, etc) and was told that GMC will not repurchase this vehicle because it doesn't "qualify" for repurchase. They would not disclose what it takes to "qualify" and I should utilize my bumper to bumper warranty to get it resolved. Really? I believe this is a safety issue and that GMC should do what's right. Everyone I know is aware of this situation and I hope they never buy a GMC vehicle.

I have a 2015 Denali with 4k miles on it. It has a new 8-speed transmission for this model year. It is horrible! It jerks hard from 1st to second from a stop, shudders and vibrates between 1500-2000 rpm. Had it back to the dealer and they told me that there were service bulletins for the trans and transfer case software update. They performed the updates and the truck was better for awhile. Now it's back to square one. Same demons again. The drivability sucks on this truck. The suspension is hard and uncomfortable. Maybe it is the stock 22" wheels? What a waste of 70+ thousand. I understand this 8-speed transmission is new to this vehicle. I'm lucky I'm leasing because I am dumping it at lease end.

I bought 2015 4wd Denali and I'm having problems also. Mine downshifts very hard when you are at a rolling stop. It jerks the vehicle forward. Secondly on the driver's door between passenger door the piece on it is flopping in the wind. Thirdly when around 1300 rpm's vehicle vibrates (I'm not sure if this is this new 4 cylinder feature) but it doesn't sound good and has me worried something is wrong with transmission. Paid $72,000 for this hunk of junk.

Cruise control not working 81k. Door handles falling off, trim pieces on sides of doors coming off. 60 thousand dollars and it is falling apart. Was thinking on getting 2015. Not going to after reading reviews. Many people has had cruise control issues on this year car. However no recall so far, and very expensive to fix. Door handles for labor and part 400.00ish for each door. I used JB weld cost 2.99. Chrome paint came off inside door handle. It is so sharp. It will cut you like a knife. 150.00 to re glue trim piece on doors. This car kept in garage and well cared for. It is just a pile of junk. Oh yes and there is the paint falling off front bumper. Don't think it had a clear coat. Chrome, Ha! What chrome, just painted plastic. It chips off, what a joke. Keys have never worked very good, hard to lock and unlock. They want 400.00 + to remake keys. Save your money. Don't buy GMC Denali.

I bought a new 2007 GMC Denali for about $60,000 after interest. This has been a nightmare. First we had a transmission issue and they said it was "normal". Then we had a dash cracking issue but they said it would be over $2000 to fix. Then we have the clear coat bubbling up and turning white, and now the front seats will not adjust. I took it in and they said they will look at it but they might need it for the day with no loan car. During the paint and dash issue the GMC Dublin service guy gave me the name and number of their GMC rep. I called him a number of times with no RETURN call. If anybody asks me if it would be a good idea to buy a GMC vehicle, I WILL SAY NO BLANKING WAY?

I have a 2003 Yukon Denali that I have put 302,000 miles on. I have never had any mechanical problems at all with this vehicle. Only time I have needed to have my car worked on was for a dry rotted oil line. Would buy another one tomorrow. Only complaint is that the 323rd row seating is only comfortable for children under age 8 then your legs are too long to fit.

My Maiden voyage with my 2015 GMC Denali resulted in navigation not knowing freeway systems in 4 different cities. This is ridiculous.

I'm a lover of new cars. It's my vice. Just bought the Yukon on Mother's Day. Paid 67k for the Yukon fully loaded. The good: So much quieter than any of my previous vehicles (Lexus, Lexus, Toyota, Toyota, Toyota, Volvo). Smoother ride than the others also. Interior is amazing. My computer system seems to work great besides a seat issue. Will explain below. Fits three car seats and my older son and a friend. One of the only vehicles I could find with all the tethers in them. My 2013 Sienna didn't even have enough tethers for my kids. Without taking up two seats and not allowing us to carpool our son's friend with us. Saving me 50% driving.

The bad: GMC has told me that it's normal that every time I get into my vehicle that I have to HOLD DOWN the preset for my seats. Every single time! I have an exit setting that moves my seat forward as far as I can so I can get to the back and retrieve my twins. However it doesn't auto go back to presets when pressed. They said it's supposed to be that way. Huge design error on their part! The transmission hard shift is insane. It didn't do this for the first month. Then all of sudden for the first time I get the regular navigation warning (for the first time!) and my tranny down and upshifts so badly that I headed straight for the dealer! They said it's normal again! What!!! This shouldn't be normal or good for anything!

Recently I've noticed a "vibration" of the sorts as I'm driving. It almost feels like it's misfiring because it's a slight jolt. I'm going to take it in after having my husband confirm it. It's very noticeable but I'm scared they will just tell me it's normal too. Which I think is not! I'm a safety person and I buy brand new so I can trust what I'm driving. To have these problems already scares me. I have four kids. Three in car seats.. I cannot be sitting on the side of the road with them. Will add more later.

We bought a 2015 Yukon Denali 8 speed trans. 4 wheel drive. We purchased specifically to Dinghy tow behind our motor-home, April 2015. 1st time Dinghy Towing went into neutral with difficulty. Towed it home would not come out of neutral. Towed to dealer. Dealer performed the 3 recalls GMC had on record. Put it in and out of neutral 2 times at dealer. Went home, hooked up and towed 1100 miles, unhooked, put in 2WH. Went to leave and would not go back into neutral. Wife followed me to next RV park. Took to local GMC dealer. He reset something. Hooked up and towed to next park. Yukon went out of neutral with much difficulty. Have no idea what tomorrow will bring. Please do not purchase a 2015 GMC for dinghy towing until these problems are worked out completely. Lord only knows when?

I have been a loyal GMC customer for years. I bought a new 2015 Yukon Denali XL in December and have had nothing but problems. 1) The scariest one for me and my passengers and pedestrians is that when I slow down the vehicle downshifts so hard that it actually propels my SUV forward. It feels like I've been rear ended. My concern is that it will propel me into the back of someone's vehicle or hit someone. It's unpredictable. The dealership can't seem to fix it and I feel it is unsafe for me to drive. 2) Smell of vinegar coming from AC/Heat. The dealership did some fancy work on it and still smells.

3) Buffeting sound when we put down our windows. Yep, a $60,000+ vehicle and we can not put our windows down. It gives us a headache and hurts our ears. Dealership tried to fix it and still nothing. Drove an different one - apparently GMC knows there is a problem but can't fix it! 4) Cargo falls out. For some reason GMC made the cargo tilt down and when you put things in the back and open the hatch everything falls out. My nice DSLR camera and lens broke because they rolled out. So frustrating. 5) LCD flashes all of the time. Yep, the fancy computer screen (control) flashes on and off, goes black, gets a line in it… you name it - it's faulty. 6) There are more, but this ought to get you started! My rig has been in the dealership more often than I'd like. It's so disappointing and frustrating. Would I buy this rig again - sadly NO.

I bought a 53,000 $ Denali 4x4 truck 2014. After 3000 miles transmission randomly would get stuck in 5 gear. After you come to a stop only knowing when you pull out in traffic and the truck will inch you out in front of oncoming cars. GMC dealer tried 7 times to fix and has not to this day. Second steering went out while driving and came right back on causing me to fishtail into oncoming traffic. They had the truck 30 days and still can't find the problem!! I haven't driven the truck in 6 months. DON'T TRUST THESE TRUCKS! Your family could die.

The computer doesn't record the check engine light after this happens unless you don't turn off the ignition. So if you die in a wreck they might just say you were texting or something when really your steering went out! I posted the results from the consumer protection agency's arbitrator. I lost how can this be. There is no way Gm can get away with this. I bought this truck new 750 a month and can't sell it, drive it, or give it back. The arbitrator knew the lawyer from GM. She talked to him after the arbitration and before the decision this was totally rigged. Now I have a new lawyer and he says it will take a year! I love my new Ram 2500 6.4.

I recently purchased a 2015 GMC Yukon SLT. Great vehicle. Great ride vs my old 2009. My only issue is the 3rd row seats while they fold flat they remain at a slight incline. The cargo we carry is tipping over & rolling down toward the tailgate. What's up with this GMC?

GMC Yukon Denali Company Profile