2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.73/5
Based on 1,037 ratings

The Chevrolet Silverado is a full-size pickup truck. Read more Chevrolet reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Chevrolet Silverado Reviews

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT. It offers two potent V8 engines, has excellent towing capacity, and features an upscale cabin with user-friendly technology, it has exceptional gas mileage. It's roomy, it also has a 18 inch wheel package or a 20 inch wheel package.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I love my Chevy Silverado Pick up truck. It is 20 years old and kicking just like it did when I bought it new. It seats 5 people comfortably. I can haul anything I want. A few things are going wrong i.e. the wear and tear of the seats, lights going out on the dash but other than that - keeping the engine in good shape, the oil being changed regularly, this bad boy is driving just as great as the day I bought it!

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I have a 96 Silverado. I have owned all of mine since new. I would like a new truck to get better fuel efficiency, but they have become too expensive & complicated. We need to return to the days of SIMPLE, HIGH QUALITY. We need simple high quality, not a lot of bells & whistles & gizmos, just simple extremely high quality & fuel efficiency. Otherwise, I love my 96. It has been generally trouble free for all these years. It is nice, it is simple, & I think the quality is there.

Original review: July 7, 2019

I own an 02 Silverado. It’s an extended cab Z71 with the 5.3L V8. 172k miles in and this truck is running as strong as ever! It’s my daily driver and I have had no troubles at all, just routine maintenance. The exterior looks beautiful and the interior is spacious and comfortable. My Silverado seats six comfortably. The controls are all simple and easily accessible. The V8 engine has a serious kick to it for passing other vehicles. The limited slip rear diff does it’s job. The ride is smooth and rides well. Easily customizable, I have added a Line-X spray in bedliner, Flowmaster exhaust with dual outlets and tips, K & N Air Filter, smoked out lenses and some interior touches including a new stereo with Bluetooth and Chevy logo steering wheel cover and rubber floor mats. IMHO, the 99-02 Silverado is the best looking truck ever produced! The General got everything right on this bad boy!

Original review: March 6, 2020

I bought my truck in 2017. It is a 2015 Slate gray LTZ. Looked over it thoroughly before buying it. It had a couple of dings in the hood but that's it. About a year ago the paint on both rear doors in the same spots started to bubble. I'm sure this is due to contamination on the primer before the outer layer of paint was applied. I called customer service to have them take a look at it. The guy said it was out of warranty. The undercoat was contaminated before painting. What does mileage have to do with a crappy paint job. I'm the second owner, (not the point). Nevertheless they will not take care of their screw up. The customer service agent was a jerk. Nothing I can do due to the mileage says the rep. It would seem like a company should stand behind their product no matter the mileage if it was a screw up on their part. ** Chevrolet your painting department sucks, as well as the customer service department.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet Silverado?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

I purchased a brand new 2019 Chevy Silverado High Country from Champion Chevrolet (Reno, NV) in October 2019. After two months, the ABS brakes malfunctioned four times in four weeks. Despite keeping impeccable service records, notes and diagnostic reports as well as Nevada's Attorney General (Consumer Protection Department) hearing my case and interceding on my behalf, General Motors and Champion Chevrolet continue to drag their feet. I understand not every vehicle can be perfect; however, my concerns aren't for a faulty headlight or leaking radiator, but rather the most important safety system in a vehicle. So as General Motors continues to "work through their red tape" I will continue to drive through two school zones on a daily basis praying my truck will stop.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

2017 Silverado 1500. The wiring that leads to the fuel pump corroded causing the vehicle to fail as I was driving down a busy road. This occurred on January 30, 2020. The vehicle was purchased on January 20, 2017 and had less than 33,000 miles. Dealership calls and says it is not covered under any warranty provided by GM and offers no help in appealing. 10 days outside of the bumper to bumper they say. I call a 1-800 number provided to start the appeal process. Eventually the dealer gets back to me and says, "You get $367 but the cost of repairs was $475."

First, the service through the process was awful, from H&H Chevrolet in Omaha to GM's appeal process. No one listens. The defect in their product existed well before the problem manifested to point of vehicle failure, which was certainly inside my 36 month warranty. I had a GMC Acadia prior to the truck. Trade it in with 60 miles after my 3rd time being stranded and needing a tow in that vehicle. So considering that, this will be the 4th time I have been towed while driving less than 100,000 miles in a GM vehicle. I have grown up with GM trucks, but the 2017 is the last GM vehicle I will ever buy. I highly discourage anyone from buying any GM product. They will leave you stranded at some point. Hopefully it is not 10 days outside the warranty!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

We purchased a new 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD. We took delivery on November 27, 2019. This truck was ordered with navigation, we paid for navigation. Well apparently Chevy did not include the chip. This is the story from the dealer. We have called Chevrolet and the dealership countless times. Asking for the navigation chip to be installed. Well to date we have no navigation system. My husband buys a new Chevy truck every year. He is an endless customer to Chevrolet. Maybe it is time to reconsider.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I bought the 2018 Silverado 1500 LT brand new with 8 miles on it. Soon after I took delivery, I noticed a substantial vibration which came through the steering wheel and seats when exceeding 60 mph. I thought that it might have been a wheel balance issue so I took it in for service around 3,000 miles. The dealer performed a road-force-balance on the wheels and claimed all was fixed. I drove for another 3,000 miles, few of them on the freeway, but still noticed the same vibration at speeds over 60 mph. I took it back to the dealer and told them that there was something else wrong...don't road-force-balance the wheels. They did the same balance as before with no change.

I took it back 3 days later, got a loaner, and then was informed that not only did they do a balance again, but they replaced the propeller shaft and yoke. They claimed all was well but I immediately took it back out and found that the vibration was the same or worse. The service foreman took me out in the truck and felt it, confirming my concerns. They scheduled me to bring it back for a 4th time and I did. The truck has now been at the dealership for more than 8 weeks with no end in sight. They have replaced the front hubs, performed a front end alignment, replaced the wheels and tires, and are now going to replace the front struts.

To add fuel to the fire, I finally got tired of the run around and called the corporation. I took my case to a Senior Advisor. For the past 8 weeks, they have told me that they don't know how long this could go on and when I requested that GM buy it back, the told me that request was denied. I have no recourse for the request to be reconsidered and I am not able to speak with the people directing what happens to my vehicle. The moral of this story is DON'T BUY GM!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I've owned 3 Silverado's now, been driving one every day since 2011. My 2012 motor blew up at 76k, left me stranded 3 times for bad plugs and bad valve cover. 2017, bad shutter from day 1, never fixed the problem, dealership had it for over 60 days and didn't even touch it. Finally got rid of it and bought a 2020 High Country with the 6.2l 3 weeks ago and with only 1200 miles on it, it has a very rough idle, RPMs jump up and down, now a ticking lifter sound appeared. Truck shudders too. Won't be long before this motor blows up too. Not to mention the paint is so weak that there are dozens of chips all over it and clear coat factory blemishes when it had 14 miles on it. Unreal! Last GM product I'll ever buy.

Chevrolet Silverado Company Information