Chevrolet Silverado

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

DO NO BUY A CHEVROLET SILVERADO! My story begins with finally selling my 1989 K5 Blazer that I had driven daily for over 15 years with no issues. I finally decided to upgrade to a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 5.3 L V8 with an MSRP of over $44k. I've been a loyal GM customer since the age of 16 and have owned 14 GM vehicles throughout my many years of driving. At first the truck was fine. It was comfortable and had a lot of upgraded tech options I was not accustomed to.

At about 7,500 miles I began to notice a strange drone when in the V4 mode. I did some research and discovered the truck is equipped with an "active fuel management" system in which four cylinders deactivate when at cruising speeds to save fuel. I brought it to the dealership's attention (Ciocca Chevrolet Quakertown) and was told they couldn't duplicate it. It continued to get worse and a vibration became so noticeable in all modes even my passengers would ask what that was? I didn't know but my pedals, steering wheel, and cab was vibrating!

I took it back three more times to Ciocca Chevy. At one visit a tech rode with me and admitted this is a problem with many GM vehicles equipped with the AFM system. I was also advised there was a GM bulletin to fix the problem and odd repairs were done (such as the entire exhaust was replaced, a part of the fuel system was replaced). Thinking this shouldn't happen to a new truck that cost me a fortune I called the GM customer service center and spoke with a Mark. His demeanor was very odd. It was like talking to a wall. It was as if this wasn't something they wanted to even hear about and I was basically dismissed.

I did try to see if Ciocca would work with me and trade it for a different truck but was pretty much told my monthly payment would double and I would be taking a huge loss.

I then took my truck to a different dealership after Ciocca told me there's nothing they can do and didn't want to see it again. Chevy 21 was very professional and did state there was a new GM bulletin in which an exhaust hanger weight was added to the exhaust and the cab mounts may be loose and would be retightened. Repairs were completed but the problem persisted. I then attempted to try a local GMC dealer as a friend had similar problems with his 2016 GMC Sierra. That dealership ended up taking his truck back under the PA Lemon Law. I was advised there was little they could do because I didn't purchase the vehicle from them and it's a Chevy not a GMC.

I have now sought legal help and have begun a Lemon Law claim as well. Thus far this has been a terrible experience with Ciocca Chevrolet and GM. They've lost a GM customer that's for sure once I get rid of this truck. My advice do your research and buy wisely. I'm now aware of the term "Chevy Shake" as many owners are complaining about this issue. GM has let me down. At this point I've changed my mind about the bailouts. We should have let them fail instead of allowing them to produce poor quality products.

I bought my 2013 Chevy silverado 1500 z71 extended cab at the end of 2013. The truck only got 12mpg hwy and 8 to 10 mpg city. The dealer said it needs to break in but it never got better. At 20 000km I went to the local pizza place had lunch then went to leave and the ignition would not turn when I put the key in so truck had to be towed. Truck was less than a year old. I then was out of my truck for five weeks while it sat at the dealer waiting for a new steering column and dealer would not give me a loaner. I had to go and buy a used $3000 truck to drive while mine was being fixed so that I had something to drive. So I finally get the truck back and about 10 000 km later the truck almost burns to the ground when a transmissionline let go on the hwy. Again had to be towed.

Couple days later I could hear a small rattle so I took it back to the dealer. They kept it for a day. Said they could find nothing wrong and wanted me to pay $480 in labor to diagnose it. Then later that week that noise was getting worse so me and my temper speed back to the dealer. I then skidded to a halt in front of the dealer doors left my drivers door open stormed into the the service department. After making the tech that was looking at my truck feel an inch tall I made him come for a ride. Turned out that the u bolts holding the differential to the leaf springs came loose and the u bolts were making the weird noise as they were almost to fall off. WTF Chevy.

I then noticed when I was doing oil changes that lots of new oil would go into the motor but not much would come out. I then called the dealer told them this thing is burning a ** load oil so I started getting them to do my oil changes and they kept track after about 5 oil changes about 20 000km they replaced the motor with a new one. After all that I was thinking okay what else can go wrong. Well at 57 000km on the clock I was doing 110km down the hwy and next thing I know I'm sideways and skidded to a stop once the rear end locked up. It did a ton of damage. After fighting with Chevy they flipped the bill and put a whole new dif transfercase driveshaft and transmission. They called me when it was done. I said I don't want the truck back. I'm not picking it back up. Then they asked have you checked out these new Chevies. I said ** no and I'm not buying one.

To prove a point I let the truck sit at the dealer for 8 months. One because of all the problems and because I was fighting with GM cause of how the paint was falling off the truck and how it was getting small outward facing sharp little dings all over the place causing paint to peel. GM basically said screw you to me. I then trailered the truck home pulled the plates off it. Dumped it off for nothin. I now drive a 2017 Tundra 5.7 DC TRD. This thing would drag the frame out from under that chevy 5.3 and I can get 17mpg with this 5.7 unlike the 12mpg underpowered 5.3. My uncle bought a 2017 GMC when I bought my Tundra. So far his air conditioning pump has went out. He has lost a fuel pump. He had to have it towed in when it decided it didn't want to come out of park. As for me I have yet to have any problems with my Tundra. Don't buy Chevy or GMC they are JUNK.

After reading so many negative reviews I thought you might want to hear about some favorable ones. I currently own 3 Silverado's (2008, 2015, 2016). '08 has the 4.3L V6 and I cannot say enough about this truck. With regular maintenance and oil changes very little has gone wrong with it. It is involved in the Takata air bag recall but as long as my grandchildren don't ride in the passenger seat I am not too worried. The '16 is a 2500 HD with a 6.0L V8... Now this truck is a beast. My husband is a mechanic and we work this truck and with regular maintenance and oil changes have had no problems. Please need to realize brake lines carry a corrosive material and with time and age it affects these lines. So many times people wait until it's too late to service a vehicle or make repairs. That only drives the cost up more. I am having an issue with my '15 when it switches from V8 mode to V4 (for fuel economy) but the dealership is taking care of the problems.

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 6.2L V8 LTZ Z71 - Driving at 45 mph, truck began shaking and the Drive Shaft fell out. I rolled about 300 feet to get out of a busy road. I had the oil changed 2 months ago at a Chevrolet Dealership and have it regularly serviced at the dealership. The truck has 81,247 miles on it.

How would you feel if you bought a vehicle and drove it for 2 days, less than 50 miles and you had an issue that was going to cost 5700 dollars to repair? That is what happened at Smart Cars. When I brought it to their attention they wanted add some part not originally part of the vehicle that would not fix the problems. If you buy a vehicle there it may look good but it may end up a lemon which will be your problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?

Compressor (2014 Chevy Silverado) was replaced under warranty at 31K miles. Now, Condenser is leaking at 44K miles and the part cannot be found. Apparently, it is in very high demand based on common failure. Chevrolet has said that's too bad, deal with it.

When I first got my truck 2016 Double Cab 4WD, I had pulled off to the shoulder of the road to prepare to make a U-turn. When traffic cleared I proceeded to do so and the front end started hopping like it was in 4WD. My husband was with me. He asked if I had in 4WD. I said no, so after I turn I pull off the shoulder on the other side of the road pull up, stopped and put in reverse and the rear end made a big clunk noise. Again wondering what the heck! I let it go, then every time I would back out of my driveway it would hop. So then I notice that the front right tire and left rear tire have tread gouged in the center of them.

So I call Kipo Chevy in Ransomville, NY and they bring me in and tell me that the tire were damaged from the hauler when it was delivered to the dealership, and that the reason my truck was hopping was because I had mud in the differential!!! My husband about lost his mind!!! So they replace the two tires, I ask that they put the new ones on the back of the truck, so they did.

One day I had to go somewhere and missed my turn so I had to make a U-turn. This time my right rear tire was in some soft like dirt stone, and all other tires were on dry pavement. It literally was not even an inch of crap I was in (I took pictures), it would not walk out of it, so I put it in 4WD Auto to walk it out of it, I stop turn it back to 2WD and then pull ahead while I was waiting for traffic to clear to make my turn. So traffic cleared, I make my turn and halfway through my turn the left rear tire locks up and I'm dragging the rear end of the truck in my turn. I had marks all on the rear left tire like it was riding on the face of the tire, almost as if the tire was bent over.

So I finally had enough of this crap, call Kipo Chevy in Ransomville, NY, and they say no codes could be found and they couldn't duplicate the problem. THEY NEVER DROVE THE TRUCK!! Had the same miles it came in with on it when I picked it up! Okay so with all this smoke being blown up my butt, I call Corporate GM to talk to someone. I get a girl named Kayla, told her the whole spiel and she calls Kipo and they want nothing to do with this truck, so I go to David Chevy in Niagara Falls, told them everything that happened. They had it for a week and tell me no codes can be found, they can't find anything wrong and the left rear tire was normal, they never drove it!! Mind you no codes or warning lights came on for any of the hopping or wheel locking up at all, this happens intermittently.

So I pick it up and on my way home I get a call from GM Kayla and as I was driving I missed my turn and sure enough the damn thing starts hopping in my U-turn. So she says take it back to the dealership, took it back the next day, told them again about everything and their tech said it sounds like the 4WD is kicking in on its own. So they run with that, the tech drove it home, they call me a day later to tell me no codes were found and the tech could not duplicate the problem. So it has been to the GM dealership 5 times for this issue and still no resolution. Now I noticed that my cruise control will go down 1 MPH going uphill and gain 2 MPH going downhill. I always thought that it was suppose to keep a constant speed?! So I taped this problem so I have proof it's doing it. You know in case no codes pop up for the techs!!!

I am very disappointed with this truck!! Thank God it's a lease and it will be gone in 2 years. I was told by Kayla that this is a safety concern. I said, "Yes I know, I have two young boys who ride in this truck and they were scared when it locked up, especially doing it on a road that is two way traffic and 55 MPH." I think this truck has frame damage from when it was taken off the hauler, how else would opposite front tire and opposite rear tire get the same damage? Oh yeah forgot that David Chevy said the alignment was off in the front quite a bit so they had to adjust it!!!

DO NOT BUY THE 2017 CHEVY SILVERADO!!! There is a major engine problem with RPM surges while driving 0 - 30 MPH. I just spend $40,000 on a new truck and I was completely robbed. The vehicle simply does not drive well. It constantly jerks and surges at low RPMs. EVERYONE is having this problem and the dealer ADMITS to it and they say, "There is nothing we can do for you." It is the craziest thing. The vehicle is so uncomfortable to drive. READ UP ON THIS PROBLEM before purchase. It is a very terrible engine problem. DO NOT BUY THIS TRUCK or you will end up like me. Very disappointed and stuck. If I sell now, I will be out thousands of dollars. I am totally sad and mad about this whole experience. If you are reading this, please talk to recent truck buyers - they will tell you the same thing. DO NOT BUY A CHEVY SILVERADO!

Bought a 2011 Silverado, 5.3L engine with rear wheel drive. In April of 2017 engine died a slow death, loud knocking and rough idle. $1950 later, had to replace all the lifters on the left side of the motor. Oil manifold failed. Corporate would not help. Out of warranty. Had problem with such within 300 miles when I first bought it. Some time ago I owned a GMC Safari and the engine 'ate' the oil. No one could explain why but I have since read about this happening to many others. Had to replace engine with rebuilt. So, no more GM products for me. I have owned 7 GM autos.

Now this is how dumb the folks answering the phone are... I was just about to trade the Silverado in for a Colorado. That would be #8. Answer: "you are out of warranty". Duh, that is why I am calling. The truck had all of 73K on it and was one year past warranty. I only wanted half the cost. No go. So no go for GM. Could have saved a loyal customer and got their money back. Dumb... Now where is that handout from the Feds?

I have a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab with 24,000 miles on it. So far I love this truck. No problems whatsoever. But I use it as a truck haul and drive 100 miles plus daily. But no complaints. Gets great mileage for a V8 almost 20mpg average. Just recently installed cold air intake and flowmaster dual exhaust. Woke the truck right up drive like it has the 6.2L in it now. I love it.

I bought 2017 Silverado, after 840 miles starting having 4x4 electrical problem. Took in 1st time and they replaced actuator in transfer case and was told to come and get it. Picked up and turned 4x4 on and it did same noise and code. Heinrich never checked it after, I start SR claim # at GM. Lady at GM said I could get buyout or replacement vehicle, she would call dealer and call me in 24 hrs. She never called and dealer said no way on replacement, GM don't authorize no such thing. Truck was fixed after 2 tries and week later, GM won't take my call, case got closed. Liars and bad service, will never by Chevy again.

2010 Silverado 5.3 - Bought the truck new, no heavy hauling, and it was maintained by Chevy. 66,000 miles the throttle control sensor went out leaving me on the side of the road. One week later the motor locked up. Chevy customer care did not call back within 48 hours as promised, nor did they return a call during that time period. Call the rep again, and was told that "she has a life" and that's why she didn't call. In the shop over a month, no rental car, several different answers why it broke down. First, main bearing seized, then a cracked block. Called again to a Chevy rep, no help and refused to let me speak to a superior. Again was promised a 48 hour call back that didn't happen. Chevy put in what they call a "crate" motor which, according to them, has used, remanufactured and new parts. Drove the truck straight to a Toyota dealer and traded it in. Engine is a lemon and poorly designed. I will never buy another GM product.

Purchased a new 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4x2. At 6k vehicle completely dies and leaves me on the freeway. Went to lower the window and the window started going up and down by itself. Towed the truck in and was advised that the fuel pump and fuel module went out. After repairs I started to notice a whistling noise and a hesitation or stutter in the truck. Took it in and they could not duplicate the issue. After about 3 time of taking it in, I finally had a tech drive with me and he heard what I was talking about. The entire exhaust system was replaced and the truck ran a bit better and no more whistling noise.

At around 13k backup camera started acting up whistling noise came back and took it in again. To my surprise no issue was found. Truck is at about 15k and still the same issues. Reading online I'm not the only one with this issue. It's dangerous to have the truck or any car hesitating when merging into traffic. It has about a 3 second delay. Feel like I got a lemon.

I own a 2011 Chevy Silverado with the 5.3 L engine. Started having oil consumption problem. 1 quart every 1,200 miles when the truck reached 105,000 miles. At a 113,000 miles, traction control light coming on, very rough idle, loss of power. Engine misfires on cylinder one. Had to have my pistons, rings, plugs, gaskets replaced. All due the A.F.M. system. Cost over $5,000.00 to fix. Chevy Corporate not any help. Waited for a call from a supervisor, and nothing. Sent several emails, etc. G.M. Corporate denied knowing of this issue in their vehicles. However they have a lawsuit over this in another state. I would not purchase anything else from G.M. even if I loved their vehicles, the treatment I have got from the Customer Service Center is enough to turn me against G.M. forever. I will always try and prevent anyone from spending their hard-earned money on G.M. products.

Last year I purchased a 2014 Silverado 1500 4x4. It had $20,000. I bought it from Rancho Santa Margarita Ford and purchased their bumper to bumper 100,000 mile warranty. I should have known there was a problem from my first oil change. Just before 5000 miles my low oil light came on. I took it to Chevy and they stated that since it did not burn 1qt per 1000 miles they consider that normal. I couldn't believe it. If I wanted a car that consumed oil I would have bought something a lot cheaper and older. I wanted something that would be reliable for the next couple years.

Fast forward to 52,000 miles, still have the oil problem and now my fuel injectors are going bad. WTF. I would consider this an almost new truck. After some research it appears that it has happen to a lot of people ranging in mileage from 500 miles on up. Chevy says since it is not a recall issue and it is out of warranty. I am stuck. Then I remember my bumper to bumper warranty with Prestige. So I try to make a claim. But because the injectors are clogged it is not covered.

Seriously. It is a documented problem of a poor design. Their response is I should have changed the fuel filter or maybe I got bad gas. Seriously? It is not like I live in a third world country. I live in southern California. Chevy corporate was no help as well. They took my info in case something comes up in the future. This will be the last Chevy product I buy and since RSM Ford and their expensive warranty are no help I will not be supporting them in the future. Buyer beware!

I have had Chevy trucks my whole life and now looking elsewhere. I have at the moment 04 2500hd 4X4 crew cab with a Duramax, 99 1500 ext cab 4X4 5.3, 98 GMC Sonoma 4X4 ext cab and a 87 1 ton 2 wheel drive Dually. GM knows of problems and with thousands of others that are having or had the same problems. We just had a bit of a snow storm and I live in a area that doesnt have the best winter maintained roads. As it stands right now I own all 2 wheel drive trucks. The 04 had me stuck last night on a plowed road as the transfer case popped 3 times then stopped working altogether. I called for help and the 99 4X4 manual 4X4 decided its not going to work.

I went to leave with the Sonoma tonight and slid 1/2 way down the mountain I live on to find that the 4X4 doesnt work as well. I'm done with GM and their junk. I bought 4X4 because I needed it not because I enjoy walking in windy freezing weather. The 2 wheel drive truck was bought for summer towing and stopped running because of a temp sensor. Come on GM. What are you doing? I fixed the old 87 by getting rid of that un-needed computer and ended up with some mussel as the truck was being held back with the throttle body injection. Now the 454 has what it was - missing power. I'm done being robbed of my money to these people who don't care. GM broke me. I'm out of funds. People I'm giving warning. There has gotta be something better.

I bought a brand new Chevy Silverado 1500 LT in December of 2012. I currently have 97,000 miles. At 66,000 miles I needed a full transmission replaced. Covered at no charge and has a new 100,000 mile warranty, but makes me wonder how long this one will last. My stock radio has a short with the auxiliary jack and constantly cuts out thinking a device is connected. My rear passenger window control has an issue. From the passenger door it sometimes won't roll up and has to be rolled up from the driver controls. The latest... the driver side interior door handle broke off in my hand. Not just the handle but the arm connecting the handle to the door broke. $430 (part only) for a whole new panel because that is Chevy's only fix. Guess I should have paid for the extended bumper to bumper warranty, but at over $30,000 for a brand new vehicle I thought the quality would have been better.

We have had our 2007 Chevy Silverado since it was brand new and we had to replace the 5.3L engine two times. One at 112,000 miles and now the second at 236,000 miles. GM needs to fix this issue.

I bought a brand new 2017 Chevy Silverado about a month ago. The day after I bought it I noticed a slight miss or hesitation when lightly accelerating. I took it back to have them look at it and they went for a drive with me. He tried to tell me all kinds of stuff like it was still learning how I drive. After two visits I made another appt. for them to get it in the shop. They called later that evening after having it for a day that GM is aware of the problem but they don't know what it is or how to fix it but if anything changed they would let me know. So that tells me they knew about the problem before they sold it to me and are still selling to customers.

I went in today and talked my salesman who sent me back to shop manager who went for another ride with me. He said GM has been getting lots of complaints about it but they don't know yet how to fix or what it is (same thing they told me before). So now I don't know what to do. Seems unfair to me and they shouldn't still be selling them when they know they have a problem.

The new 2017 1 ton Chevy diesel has an opening in the front bumper area that allows any bird or stone or whatever to puncture a large hole in the transmission oil cooler. Oops $$$. This is a large 5"x15" hole that is just waiting for something to happen. It definitely needs a grill or mesh of some sort over it. Also, the DEF fluid filler tube is stuffed up against the passenger side firewall with a crossmember support pipe running across the top of it. Only enough room for a 1 quart bottle and DEF fluid is only sold in 1 and 2 1/2 gallon jugs. Since DEF fluid is corrosive, this is a bad system. The two problems look like some of Ford's better ideas.

You can do better than this chevrolet. Come on, clean up your act. I have been a new Chevrolet owner since 1972. You disappoint me. Both of these items are grounds for recalls. The rest of the truck (1 ton crew dually 4x4 new duramax allison tranny silverado HD) is a beautiful running truck. Only 500 miles on it already. My last two crew duallies 4x4 were 454 gassers. Great trucks also. I just took possession of his truck in Jan 2017 after ordering it in Oct 2016. These comments are directed at GM Corporate and have nothing to do with any dealer. Thank You.

2017 Silverado transmission issues - Poor acceleration, Engine misfiring, Transmission slip chugging uphill, loss of power, shifting problem, Vibration at higher speed, (Shifter) trailer logo scratched, Passenger rear right side door wind noise/and alignment, Stained carpet due to marker used on rivets on mats, Light switch loose. And that is just after 1920KM. I will need to buy a tow truck if this continues and all I get is "WE ARE LOOKING INTO IT". Hello. I think this is Newsworthy.

Let me know. I want to start a claim against GM selling defective trucks and knowing about it as far back as 2014.

So I bought a brand new 2016 Chevy Silverado blackout edition. Had nothing but trouble with this truck. In the 1st 2 month it was in the shop 4 times. Two weeks after I bought it I realized there was something wrong with the transmission. It would shimmy when going from 5th to 6th gear. It was really light and you could barely feel it. I told the dealer about it and they said "come back at 5000 miles." So at 5000 miles I came back. By this time it was worse. They told me they couldn't feel it or find anything wrong with the truck. I've brought it back 2 more times since then and they tell me they don't feel it and everything is normal. It's pretty bad when my 9-year old stepson says "Dad, why is the truck vibrating?" Or that my wife won't drive it because of the same reason. But yet the dealer can't feel it or find anything wrong. BS!!!

Hello, I been browsing through the reviews and complaints about the new Chevy Silverado 1500. I own a new 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 2WD Double Cab,

All-Black, Rally Edition, 5.3L truck. Some of the negative reviews I experience when I first started driving my truck but after awhile they went away. Consumers have to realize when they buy a new truck from a dealership it have to be broken in first. Broken in means buy a truck for truck purposes, like hauling, towing, moving heavy objects, etc. New vehicles are not designed to drive only on the weekends, just on Sundays for church, or special occasion when you feel like bringing it out the garage or driveway. You have to actually drive these new vehicles on a daily basis. If not you will have mechanical problems.

Yes I witness a slight vibration, a sluggish power gain while or during acceleration, a bumpy drive, and etc. When the trucks comes from the factory they are new, very stiff, and bolted down and compressed tight. You have to drive and carry loads with your truck to loosen up the suspension. By doing this it will stop the vibration or bumpy ride. You will gain the full comfort in your suspension after breaking it in.

If you like sound and horsepower I would highly recommend adding a Flowmaster Dual Exhaust System and a Banks Power Cold Air Intake System for your truck to feel its max performance while driving. I love my truck and I've owned GM vehicles for over 20 years. I'm also a automotive mechanic supervisor and been working in a major repair shop level for over 19 years. I bought my Chevy Silverado because I wanted a truck. If I wanted a luxury, smooth ride I would of bought me a new Cadillac. Have a nice day and hope this was helpful.

Recently purchased a 2017 Silverado 44 with the 5.3 and 6 speed auto with the all star trim package. I've been a loyal G.M. customer for decades. Not anymore. Literally from day one I've been experiencing transmission shifting problems and the info center showing random messages even when not in use. The truck had 5 miles on it when I purchased it. When I spoke to the service mgr. the 2nd day of ownership he shrugged his shoulders. I don't work six days a week to spend my money on a piece of junk. Thus begins the battle...

So I bought my 2012 Silverado 1500 crew cab with 24000 miles on it. At 27000 miles I brought in because of loud noise coming from front differential. The service department didn't even look at fluid or anything for that matter and told me that all the 2012 Silverados made this noise. And to only put in auto when you need to be in 4wd. So noise got worse so took it to another dealer and they said same thing!! So now I just think it's the noise it makes and leave it out of 4wd. Well at 70000 miles I had to use 4wd because of weather and guess what?!? My front differential goes out. And guess what?!? Warranty is over!! But now a dealer will look at it!!! And guess what? The bill is 3200$!! Pretty upset with GM. I'm trying to see if they can help me and they won't even call me back.

Our driver's door handle broke a couple months ago and we frustratingly paid approximately $400 to have the handle replaced. A couple weeks ago the replaced handle became loose so we took it again. The advice given to us was, "Well just don't be so hard on the handle." Seriously??? So they "tightened" it and it seemed to be functioning okay. Then just a couple days ago it became loose again. This time they said the problem was with the "linkage" in the door panel. And it would cost approximately $600 to get the door panel assembly replaced. Apparently Chevrolet is aware of this reoccurring problem and multiple requests have been made for a recall but they would rather earn profit by selling door assemblies. Unless Chevrolet "does the right thing" we will never purchase a Chevrolet again.

I bought a new 2016 LTZ Silverado and it has the worse transmission I've ever owned in a pickup. Hard upshifts and downshifts at low speeds, long hesitations at stop signs (2 to 3 sec) that is crazy almost caused an accident a couple times. I took to dealer. They say that's normal but lots of complaints from people. Can't believe there's no recall or computer update for transmission.

I have a 2000 Silverado 1500 pick-up truck which I still drive today. I have done my regular maintenance on the truck and it is amazingly still in good condition and runs like a charm. My mileage is still low at 115,000 miles on the truck because I have been told by mechanics and other owners that I should still be driving it past 300,000 miles if I take good care of it. I have changed the tires & brakes of course before 100,000 miles but I have done little else except change the oil and exhaust system due to rusting from road salt applied by the local jurisdiction during snow and ice, which don't get much of but when it sounds like it's coming they load it on.

Also, I did one bumper to bumper lubrication check & fill on the truck. I'm getting ready to put new engine belts and hoses on it just because I don't want to wait for them to go out. The only complaint I have is that the fog lights at the lower section of the front bumper keep going out, which again I think is because of the road salt. The shocks are about due to. With heated leather seats and a great sound system you couldn't make me trade it for anything but a new Silverado.

I bought a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 4x4 and it has to be the worst investment I have ever made. To start that thing uses up a quart of oil every 1,000 miles. GM says this is normal! Also has the infamous engine ticking. Have had it in the shop multiple times because it got in the habit of having the interior, headlights and dash lights start flickering all at once then the steering wheel locks up making it impossible to steer, A/C and In-dash turn off then the entire truck shuts down. It has been to Friendly Chevrolet 3 times for the same issue only to be returned as "fixed" or the excuse of "unable to recreate."

After contacting GM/Chevrolet they have refused to stand behind their product and buy back this lemon advising me that if they are unable to recreate then the problem doesn't exist. So I took it upon myself to record a video and have proof of the life threatening malfunctions. There are also thousands of others experiencing the same issues on online forums and YouTube. DO NOT BUY CHEVROLET. THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT AND THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE CONSUMER.

2013 Chevy 3500 - I have a 3500 and I swear this is the biggest piece ever made. We have fixed everything from a whole new fuel system to oil pan replacement transmission leaks. We have to completely redo the left brakes about every 3 months. The dealerships says it's because we drive the truck on gravel roads and we should be washing the brakes off everyday!!! We have a Ford 1 ton also and has just as many miles and the brakes have never been a problem. Then to top the whole brake thing we get them replaced from the dealership and I was driving home and the tire fell off the truck that was $1000 that Chevy would not cover. Now we just had brakes redone less than a week ago and I'm down to 4 lug nuts on the truck!!

Chevrolet Silverado Company Profile