2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

4.0/5 (742 ratings)
Shop Now on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Chevrolet Silverado

The Chevrolet Silverado is a full-size pickup truck. Read more Chevrolet reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Chevrolet Silverado Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet Silverado?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet Silverado?

Original review: July 2, 2021

Jun 2020, I purchased a brand new (6 miles) 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab. All was well until suddenly the transmission took a nose dive. And after 3 weeks in service, a new transmission needed to be put in. A brand new truck, with 8,000 miles and less than a year old, already having transmission issues... This does not make sense. I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around this. I just picked up the truck today, and I can already feel sharp jerking when I am coming to a stop, plus it's not accelerating well unless I push down hard on the gas. I don't feel the real issue has been taken care of, my experience has gone from good to worse over a year span.

Original review: June 10, 2021

Bought used 2014 z-71 in 2018 with 30,000 miles. Has been 3 years and been to dealer 3 times for ac, over 1,000$ each time. Replaced transfer case/3,000$. And now StabiliTrak alarm for 3rd time. They need recalls on these trucks that have all these problems. Not able to trade in right now because of finances.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 6, 2021

shame on Chevrolet. Brake lines on my truck failed multiple times over several years. The whole system has finally been replaced. I cannot believe there are not more people stepping forward about this subject.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

1. My new Chevrolet 2020 Silverado was in the repair shop for 54 Days. I was without my vehicle for 54 days as a result of being sold a LEMON by Bridgewater Chevrolet NJ.

2. The check engine light indicated Engine/Transmission malfunctions and defects on 15 occasions. Vehicle was in repair shop 4 times since purchase resulting in my vehicle NEVER operating safely or properly.
    3. Brakes did not function properly either.
    4. Dashboard came undone as a part has caved in.

5. Vehicle has 7,141 miles.

6. Bridgewater Chevrolet dealership (where I purchased my new vehicle) advised me that they "did not build my truck there and have no idea why the defects and malfunctions can not be repaired". That dealership also deleted/voided the details of one of my servicing that was handled on their property. I have no idea what the dealership altered, touched or repaired on my my vehicle as a result of them erasing that document.

7. Notified Chevrolet Corporate Headquarters of the deleted service document and the unsafe non functioning Chevrolet (Lemon) vehicle that was sold to me.
    8. I was giving a case # and was advised by Chevrolet Corporate headquarters that the dealership is a "Separate entity" and is simply a dealership that just "sells cars".
    9. The dealership points the finger at the Chevrolet Corporation while Chevrolet Corporate Headquarters points the finger at the dealership. Leaving me with no support whatsoever from the Chevrolet (GM) Corporation. Chevrolet as a whole is functioning as a messy Shamble.
    10. To my knowledge the Chevrolet corporate headquarters authorized the dealership to sand the rotors rather than replace the defective parts. To replace the brake pads. To replace the defective wiring system under the hood. My vehicle has 7,141 miles. The vehicle is an non functioning UNSAFE Lemon.
    11. I am willing to share all my documents which include copies of service that indicate deleted/voided with any News publication that may be interested in the very telling operation of the GM/Chevrolet Corporation.
    12. A horrible new vehicle investment, an unsafe unreliable vehicle...You too can buy a Lemon at the Chevrolet circus.
    13. Chevrolet can make all proper by taking this Lemon back. My direct dealings have been with Bridgewater Chevrolet NJ and the Chevrolet Corporate Headquarters.

14. From my experience Chevrolet is selling inferior product and services.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

Forty Years had Chevrolet vehicles but will now recommend and purchase different. Dealership was Al Serra Chevrolet but last year now Mike Maroone. Very very poor communication and customer service when car being repaired. I had just purchase a new 2020 Z71 Silverado in January. Day 1 picking up truck (broken center arm) rest console took multiple trips to dealership. Next week 2nd, 3rd, and 4th trip back to dealership to have my tint package and Weathertech mats installed. Wrong rear floor mat ordered and waited another week. They called. Told me mat was in.

When got to dealership they just handed me the box with the new rear mat and told it was easy and to do myself. Next month a front bumper parking censor popped out. No part available and took 3 weeks. 3 months later squealing noise in driver side front suspension. Said tech heard the noise and would fix. Took in and left for three days. Picked up and drove for camping. Noise still continued. Took in and left. Next day service writer called and said tech could not hear noise. Went to the dealership, took the truck and drove for a bit. Noise present so back to dealership and took Tech for drive. Heard the squealing noise.

Left the truck. Next day called and said had to order parts but truck was drivable so just to come pick up the truck and they will call when part came in. One week parts in. Drove back. Said it should only be a 3 hour repair. 5 hours no call. Went to dealership. Truck still apart . Said should be done tomorrow morning. Cannot fully describe the horrific service department with lack of customer service at Mike Maroone Chevy, Colorado Springs. Also parts are always unavailable from GM.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

I currently own a 2018 Chevy Silverado with 15k miles. I noticed at about 12k miles that the tire tread starting coming apart. I do not ride off road or on dirt roads of any kind. I went to my local Chevy dealer and got a little run around there. I reached out to Chevy customer affairs department. I spoke with Destiny who was very robotic and short. After a week of back and forth I was told that my tires would not be a covered item. I do not understand how my Goodyear Wrangler tires coming apart at 12k miles are not covered. I also do not recommend dealing with Chevy customer affairs.

Original review: March 6, 2020

I bought my truck in 2017. It is a 2015 Slate gray LTZ. Looked over it thoroughly before buying it. It had a couple of dings in the hood but that's it. About a year ago the paint on both rear doors in the same spots started to bubble. I'm sure this is due to contamination on the primer before the outer layer of paint was applied. I called customer service to have them take a look at it. The guy said it was out of warranty. The undercoat was contaminated before painting. What does mileage have to do with a crappy paint job. I'm the second owner, (not the point). Nevertheless they will not take care of their screw up. The customer service agent was a jerk. Nothing I can do due to the mileage says the rep. It would seem like a company should stand behind their product no matter the mileage if it was a screw up on their part. ** Chevrolet your painting department sucks, as well as the customer service department.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

I purchased a brand new 2019 Chevy Silverado High Country from Champion Chevrolet (Reno, NV) in October 2019. After two months, the ABS brakes malfunctioned four times in four weeks. Despite keeping impeccable service records, notes and diagnostic reports as well as Nevada's Attorney General (Consumer Protection Department) hearing my case and interceding on my behalf, General Motors and Champion Chevrolet continue to drag their feet. I understand not every vehicle can be perfect; however, my concerns aren't for a faulty headlight or leaking radiator, but rather the most important safety system in a vehicle. So as General Motors continues to "work through their red tape" I will continue to drive through two school zones on a daily basis praying my truck will stop.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

2017 Silverado 1500. The wiring that leads to the fuel pump corroded causing the vehicle to fail as I was driving down a busy road. This occurred on January 30, 2020. The vehicle was purchased on January 20, 2017 and had less than 33,000 miles. Dealership calls and says it is not covered under any warranty provided by GM and offers no help in appealing. 10 days outside of the bumper to bumper they say. I call a 1-800 number provided to start the appeal process. Eventually the dealer gets back to me and says, "You get $367 but the cost of repairs was $475."

First, the service through the process was awful, from H&H Chevrolet in Omaha to GM's appeal process. No one listens. The defect in their product existed well before the problem manifested to point of vehicle failure, which was certainly inside my 36 month warranty. I had a GMC Acadia prior to the truck. Trade it in with 60 miles after my 3rd time being stranded and needing a tow in that vehicle. So considering that, this will be the 4th time I have been towed while driving less than 100,000 miles in a GM vehicle. I have grown up with GM trucks, but the 2017 is the last GM vehicle I will ever buy. I highly discourage anyone from buying any GM product. They will leave you stranded at some point. Hopefully it is not 10 days outside the warranty!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

We purchased a new 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD. We took delivery on November 27, 2019. This truck was ordered with navigation, we paid for navigation. Well apparently Chevy did not include the chip. This is the story from the dealer. We have called Chevrolet and the dealership countless times. Asking for the navigation chip to be installed. Well to date we have no navigation system. My husband buys a new Chevy truck every year. He is an endless customer to Chevrolet. Maybe it is time to reconsider.

Chevrolet Silverado Company Information