Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.76/5

Chevrolet Silverado

The Chevrolet Silverado is a full-size pickup truck. Read more Chevrolet reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

800 Chevrolet Silverado Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 7, 2019

I own an 02 Silverado. It’s an extended cab Z71 with the 5.3L V8. 172k miles in and this truck is running as strong as ever! It’s my daily driver and I have had no troubles at all, just routine maintenance. The exterior looks beautiful and the interior is spacious and comfortable. My Silverado seats six comfortably. The controls are all simple and easily accessible. The V8 engine has a serious kick to it for passing other vehicles. The limited slip rear diff does it’s job. The ride is smooth and rides well. Easily customizable, I have added a Line-X spray in bedliner, Flowmaster exhaust with dual outlets and tips, K & N Air Filter, smoked out lenses and some interior touches including a new stereo with Bluetooth and Chevy logo steering wheel cover and rubber floor mats. IMHO, the 99-02 Silverado is the best looking truck ever produced! The General got everything right on this bad boy!

Original review: March 14, 2019

I had a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado Base 4.3 Vortec V6. Mine was the work truck with the chrome appearance package and the upgraded seats and carpet no, PWR windows. Was a good truck, purchased in 2011 with 45000 miles on it, sold it with 130000 in 2013. Drove it to San Antonio many times. Got 23mpg. cheap on parts. The only issues he had were the HVAC controls, the fan speed selector wouldn't work on 4 and 2 which was due to a module under the dash. Worked fine after buying the 65 dollar part, then a year later 3 stopped this time it was the harness to the module with was 50 bucks and easy to replace, had to replace the brake pads, and ball joints at 120000 miles, the intake gasket was leaking and it needs ignition coils at 115000 miles, the intake gasket is a common issue on Chevrolets of this era. Was a great truck. Served me well plus when I was in high school I put a Flowmaster 40 on it. Most people thought it was an 8 cylinder.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I bought a Chevy Silverado 1500 Quadrasteer and I love it. I always am having it service to make sure I don't break down like keeping up with the oil and stuff, keeping it washed and waxed. I just now got 1000+ miles on it. Just seen today there is a hole in my bed. Like it's bad enough I can't find shocks for it but now this. I believe in you take care of something it will take care of you. I've never had any issue with my truck cause it's all about keeping up with the service on it. Now I have this.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

This was my favorite truck. If I had gotten a v8 I would still have it today. In fact the only reason I sold it was because I got a phenomenal lease deal on a Sierra Denali. I put 46k on this truck driving for work in Houston, and it ran great. I got the v6 version because it got better fuel mileage ratings than the V8, and I would routinely get 24 to 26mpg. The paint on this truck chipped easily. The engine had pretty noticeable lifter ticking but that never seemed to affect its function. The exterior design of the 14 and 15 Silverados is beautiful and reminiscent of the ones made in the mid 80s. The 14 and up trucks are well finished on the inside and use durable materials. They are also very quiet while driving.

My main complaint with the v6 of that year model was that at idle there was a noticeable vibration in the steering wheel. Other than that, it was capable of doing every job that I asked it to. I moved twice with this truck and hauled innumerable trailers and home improvement equipment. I would personally recommend getting the v8 over the v6 as it does run smoother and has more power, but the v6 is a very capable and thrifty engine that was totally reliable while I owned it. I wish GM had not changed the truck's appearance so quickly and I still prefer the 14 and 15 Chevrolet style over the later ones.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I purchase a 2018 2500hd Silverado Duramax. Had problems from the get go. Spent over a month in the shop within 2-3 months due to electrical issues. Now it’s back in the shop with oil leaks from the charge pipe off the intercooler and Chevrolet says that is normal! I called customer support at Chevy headquarters. Same thing. Normal. I would not recommend Chevrolet to anyone. Customer service has gone way downhill just like the products they're selling.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet Silverado?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I have purchased a total of 8 Chevrolet in the last 10 years. I currently own a 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 z71 LTZ Midnight edition. Transmission went out at 72k. Dealer fixed it and said the sending pump went out to include, had lot of metal in the fluid which they drained and replaced. Truck ran another 70k miles and transmission is out again. Dealer stated that, "I knew a new transmission and would be $6300 total to replace". I asked why Chevrolet would not back their product when it had to be fixed at 72k. They said not covered. I of course like anyone with internet started doing research, found out that Chevy has basically replaced the current transmission several times trying to fix the wide issue they are having with it include the Cadillac's, Tahoe's, Silverado's and etc. Then come to find out the 2014 Chevy Silverado's had a bad vibration traveling speeds between 55-75mph, of course no one could figure out why it vibrated so bad.

I changed the tires twice and rims but could never get the truck to stop shaking. So I traded it in on the 2015 Silverado 1500 Z71 Midnight edition. I have had this vehicle now in the shop for 1 week and 1 day with the Customer service finally calling me (I have called twice a day trying to reach the senior rep. handling my case for 1 week with no response). Note every time I have called in with the case number they tell me my rep will be reaching out to me that day. Well of course nothing. I did receive a call today 8-14-2019 from a rep telling me that my rep will be out today and they will not have an answer for a few days (today Thursday).

So now we are into next week. This is crazy. So, just for the record I have purchased these Chevrolet vehicles in the last 10 years or so: Chevrolet Avalanche (NEW) 2003, Chevrolet Silverado (NEW) 2009, Chevrolet Corvette (USED) 2008, Chevrolet Corvette (USED) 2009. Chevrolet Silverado (NEW) 2012, Chevrolet Silverado (NEW) 2014, Chevrolet Silverado (NEW) 2015, So would this make me a loyal customer to Chevrolet? Bottom line is Chevrolet knows about the transmission problem on this vehicle and many others, to include knew the 2014 Silverado issue.

Basically if Chevrolet does not back their dealer's work or their product and I have to replace the transmission at a cost of $6,300 at the dealership with assuming I will have transmission issues every 70k miles. Then it Chevrolet will lose me as a customer for life! (Note the 2015 Chevy having issues with transmission has never pulled anything nor have I changed anything on it as it's factor through and through, even the tires where replaced with the factor tires, had every oil change, brake fluids, brake pads, rear differential fluid, grease fits, etc.). Slogan changed from "Chevy Runs Deep" becomes "Find New Roads". Well how can anyone "find new roads" with a defective transmission that has had over a dozen superseded transmissions so called fixes? Chevrolet you and I are at the crossroad, which way are you taking? Possible Loyal Customer, hanging in limbo.

Original review: May 29, 2019

We own a Chevy Silverado LTZ. There is not enough characters in this review to let me tell you what is all been wrong with it. Let’s just say even the motor has blown up. But the Chevrolet headquarters has been a nightmare to deal with. They don’t return your calls in a timely manner. They are not helpful. We have gone for almost a month without a vehicle and nobody seems to care. Not to mention all of the bills that have racked up on this vehicle vehicle. And yes we did buy the vehicle brand new so it is only a 2017. And the service has been horrible at the Chevrolet headquarters!!

Original review: May 14, 2019

I purchased a 2015 Silverado LTZ brand new. Since I've owned the truck I've had issues with poor acceleration and with the transmission being jerky. I took it to the same dealer I bought it from hoping they would stand behind their product. Instead they gave me the runaround and told me they could not find anything wrong with it even though it's obvious. The problem continued so I contacted Chevrolet Customer Assistance. They suggested I take it to another dealer. However, they also said nothing was wrong with it. Most likely it was because I was just trying to accelerate in-between shift points and that was causing the lack of acceleration and/or jerky feeling. I did some research, talked to non GM mechanics and a couple friends that own 2015-2016 Silverados. They had all experienced similar issues. I never could get Chevy to admit there was an issue though or take care of the problem. I just learned to live with it.

Since then the AC has now gone out (condenser) and I've had the the brakes lock up at low speeds. If you google these issues you will notice it's a common problem for this year truck. However, Chevy still will not admit these are known issues. Apparently now the truck is no longer under warranty at 72,000 miles and is now my responsibility to cover all repairs. They wanted over a grand to fix the AC and they were unwilling to work with me on a discount for the repair.

Also, told me there was nothing wrong with the brakes and that most likely the problem I was experiencing was because I needed new pads. I've owned several cars and that's not what happens when the pads are low. I left the dealer after paying a $150.00 diagnostic fee and took my truck else where to have it serviced. About 2 weeks after that I got a recall notice in the mail for the brakes. What a surprise, it mentioned the exact problem I was having with the brakes, the problem the dealer had never heard of! It just proves that these are issues that Chevy is aware of. They're just not willing to do anything about it. I've owned several Chevy trucks and SUV's in the past... This will be my last.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I bought my 2018 Silverado Ltz with sport pkg. crew cab dually. I have 28,000 miles and it has been in for repairs regularly, the most recent it had check engine light on and it has been in shop for over a month. After several attempts to blame me for not using proper tier one fuel they found out there was a recall on injectors. I asked, "Why didn’t I get notifications on the recall." Their reply was, "You have to specify that you think the injectors are bad before they will tell you of recall." I have bought 6 new vehicles from the same Chevy dealer in past nine yrs. This is my last Chevy. I have lost faith in service.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Our company purchased a 2017 Silverado brand new for my company vehicle. Twice I had it in the shop at two different dealers and discussed the transmission issue of being jerky. Both times I was informed that the dealers could not find any issues that were the basis of my complaint. Well this past weekend out of town the transmission started jumping in and out of gear and then it would no longer engage any longer and I was left broken down 200 miles from home. The dealer is telling me it is no longer under any warranty at 91,000 miles and it will be our responsibility to cover all repairs. If anyone who has a similar experience and is told they can't find an issue please fight the dealer as much as you can because there are certainly issues that I know Chevy is aware of. They just hope to pass the repair bill for the 8 speed issues back to you at a later date.

Our company has a 2016 Silverado with the same transmission and it has been to the shop for 2 new transmissions plus rework 2 different times. In all of my years of driving I have never torn up any transmissions. If anyone is looking to purchase a newer Chevy truck please beware of the 8 speed transmissions as you will be paying your huge truck payment and very well may be replacing your transmission at the same time.

Chevrolet Silverado Company Information